Speaker 1: Hey, thanks for listening to the Covino and Rich Podcast.
Speaker 2: Be sure to catch us live every weekday from five to seven Eastern to the four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 1: Find your local station.
Speaker 2: For Coveno Rich at foxsports radio dot com, or stream us live every day on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: It's like searching FSR.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's us. What's up, buddies. And it's a Thursday that I wish was a Friday. But you know what, Thursday is the new Friday. So the weekend big Yeah, that's college style, man, that's right, just like forty five is the new thirty five. I'm staring down the barrel of a thirty five.
Speaker 3: Rich.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you his day's the new Friday, Philip Rivers, We'll tell you, yeah, forty four's the new thirty thirty four. It is, even though he's number seventeen. What's that about? So welcome back to the show. I hope you missed us. We have lots to get to today. Old school win fifty hits, we reminisce you throw back, We took some NBA and get you ready for Thursday night football.
Speaker 1: But first we rock out. Let's go all right, Cavino.
Speaker 3: That is I.
Speaker 1: That's Riche Davis. That is I. We got Iowa Sam on the Ones and twoes.
Speaker 2: That is HIGHI Sam. Danny G is our producer. You're feeling a little bit better. Oh, I'm a little sniffly. Oh there Isny Oh Hi Dan Danny G super producers and you can see the whole show and watch Danny G in the studio. He's handing us these papers we need to read. Danny G always doing big things. You could watch us covinow RICHFSR on the YouTube channel covin Own RICHFSR. In fact, that's where our bonus pod debuts today over promised episode one twenty one with legendary music producer Jimmy jam who is all things Minnesota, Minnesota sports. He's a big sports fan and he has a cool project going on in tribute to the fortieth anniversary of We Are the World. We'll talk to him later today right here on Coveno and Rich FSR on YouTube. Spotty's here, Dan Byer's here. Thank you guys for being here. Did Danny Henmey here? Be sure to drink your ovaltine. Sure to drink your ovaltine. Ovaltine says, if you miss any of today's show, catch the podcast on the podcast wherever you stream your podcast Apple Podcasts, search Coveno, Enrich and rate it five stars. Anything less is uncivilized. Like we said, YouTube, watch what you hear Coveno and Rich FSR and pump the live chat Mael, because that's a great place to chop it up and talk some smack. Nobody's safe on the live chat, but feel free to join. Yeah, let's go, your trolls, let's have that. I will say this. I want to start the show by declaring something that I feel like I've always had of felt a little bit, but after seeing his behavior over the last week, Oh boy, here it comes. Justin Herbert's are just a big weenie. Wow, justin Herbert not a fan and Rich nos weenies. Justin Herbert.
Speaker 1: He can make it right. I mean my opinion it can be easily changed.
Speaker 3: But I don't know.
Speaker 2: I just feel like he's done a few things where I'm like, you know what, the only thing cool about this dude is that he's hooking up at Madison Beer. Well that's very cool because she's kind of hot, good for him, kind of super hot and.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but how old is she? Hann't want to sound like a creep.
Speaker 2: Twenty five? I mean still thirty? I don't know, So you're right. He could make it right like CJ. Stroud, And we'll explain because there's been two incidents in the past week where you scratch your nuggin and say, hey, is Herbert sort of a would you call him a WEENI?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Is he sort of a weenie? Is he a Weenis is he the lead singer of Weenus? Or did we just catch him at a bad moment? Is he the type of guy that turns down when the cameras are on, but off camera he's really a weenie?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Because on camera he's a weenis. So check it out. Here's what happened. There's two stories they both tie together. It's about leaving people hanging and just being sort of a mean guy. After the Texans win, CJ. Stroud is high fiving people in the crowd, high five and fans.
Speaker 1: You know, yo, Let's be fair about this though. CJ.
Speaker 2: Stroud did leave our producer Danny g hanging at the Super Bowl a few years ago, So things happen, right, I look, these guys, we gotta gotta realize that we don't have any idea, not even close to any idea of what they deal with as far as fandom and kids and people wanting their attention and autographs. But they're not better than anyone else. Don't give me that BSP, but that is true.
Speaker 1: You don't know what it's like. You know how to be in public?
Speaker 2: I do, but guess what, I don't have people bothering me all day long, every day, every time I step out in public. Now, DANNYG, do you want to tell your story real quick about CJ.
Speaker 1: Stroud.
Speaker 4: Well, I just introduced myself and tried to get him onto our stage during media week at Super Bowl, and he was not having it.
Speaker 3: He like blew me off.
Speaker 4: And then the next couple of guys, media guys who came up to him, he was also cold to them.
Speaker 1: So and you led with I'm a big fan, and yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Just told him.
Speaker 4: I said, man, we talk about you on the show a lot, and we pick you and we were picking him in the Texans even though he was a rookie that year. We were picking him to go into the playoffs and so like, and I didn't overdo it. I was just like, hey, man, we like you would like to have you on the show, and he just blew me off.
Speaker 2: Now, everybody has good moments and bad moments. Everybody has good days and bad days. You don't know what type of mood he was in in that moment, but c J. Stroud was seen high fiving other fans after a win and he left the owner of the Texans hanging. So you know he didn't do that intentionally. There's no way in the world he left a successful, legendary American businessman and owner of the Texans cal McNair hang. But you see the footage and cow's there waiting for CJ. Stroud to high five of them. You know, his boss, the guy that pays him, the guy that owns the team. There's no way CJ. Stroud did that on purpose.
Speaker 1: But now, no way.
Speaker 2: Here's the thing. There's a way to make everything right and funny right now. What they did was the Houston Texans put together a little funny social media video.
Speaker 3: Their social media team is great.
Speaker 1: Where this is funny.
Speaker 2: The Texans owner, after getting dissed for the high five high five, well.
Speaker 3: He was literally hanging.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was literally left hanging with his hand up, put his crooked finger by the way, and then they zoom in on him and he's just like, the guy just walked right by me.
Speaker 1: He didn't high five me. He's the owner of the team. And he then.
Speaker 2: Continues through his life holding his hands up doing everything until he finally, like a day later, through all his trials and tribulations and meals and meeting people, anytime someone tries to touch his hands up done, No, that's for CJ. And then he finally bumps into CJ. Stroud and they high five and bro hug and I think it was just a funny way to address an awkward moment where Stroud didn't mean it. And you know what, it also made the owner look at hell lack cooler and less like a weenie that got left hanged completely. So that's how that's a masterclass in turning dilemmas into dilemonade. They took this really awkward moment of the quarterback appearing to big time.
Speaker 1: The owner but not but yet not he just missed.
Speaker 2: Them, and they made a funny viral social media video out of it that made CJ. Stroud look super likable and the owner even more likable. They turned something funny out of this, it became a charming, likable moment. So what happened He redeems himself even though he stiffed Danny G. It was a likable moment.
Speaker 4: Does this mean he's going to come back full circle with us and join the show, have to do.
Speaker 2: A reenactment of our own I mean, I like this video so much, I'm starting to think, man, maybe he should have dissed NYG.
Speaker 1: It seemed like a good guy.
Speaker 2: So that's one story, and then the other story comes back to Justin Herbert, like we said, Yeah, first one is we saw we watched it live. The Chargers win and they kick it down to the field and Laura Rutledge is trying to get his attention, like, Hey, we're going to you for an interview, and he's like, I'm just trying to celebrate with my team. And I totally understand that, and I get that, but as a quarterback in the league, you also have to understand that when someone of the major networks wants to interview you, you're the go to guy. You're the quarterback, you're the spokesman for this moment, you're on television. And he caught him in a really weird, like big time moment. That's that's moment number one. The fans and the billion dollar deals. These networks have to air the games and perpetuate you as a star player. And I saw people fighting over this the other day, back and forth.
Speaker 1: I go, he doesn't owe anyone anything. Stupid ass interview. What is he going to say something?
Speaker 2: But I mean, as part of the ampathy, I just feel like in these moments, and I've said this before and I'll say it again, I'm so.
Speaker 1: Adamant and strung minded on this opinion.
Speaker 2: You're adamant little Goody two shitty two shoes, great song. I'm so adamant that all it takes is for an athlete to be a little endearing to the fans and reporters, and I feel like people notice.
Speaker 1: All he has to do is smile.
Speaker 2: I even noticed when athletes addressed the reporter by name, He's like, hey, Laura, if he called the right first name. And then at the end he's like if he was like, hey, charge a fan, thanks for coming out. That was what That's what the Mets will miss with Pete Alonzo. Pete Alonzo would at the end of all his little post games would always Hey fans, thanks for coming out. Let's let's f and go Mets. Thank you guys like ORIOL fans are gonna love them. Oriol fans are in for a treat. But I just think that so strike one. But you know what was really significant about this moment again, we're talking about the Monday night football game Chargers beat the Eagles. This was real and in the moment, and you saw how he is. Absolutely you saw, no, not even that real time. I saw when you saw how he really is. And then when the camera was on, even though he was sort of short in the moment, he turned it on a little bit, turned on his BSR. Yeah, he turned on and you saw he went into his BS script of like, well, you know, the defense did their partners, you know, the coaching and this and that, and he's like, you're done, you got the BS you need, all right, And he'd even say yeah, yeah, just walk. I really, even though I don't agree with the way he handled that situation, I do want to say that we have no idea what their days consist of. We cannot relate at all. I think it's tough to be kind to people. Yeah, but dude, it's not just people. It's more people than you've ever I mean, there's fifty thousand people there.
Speaker 1: You want to meet him. I just win a game.
Speaker 2: You spent your whole life playing pee wee football. To the pros, you in a Monday night game at overtime. I have to say it, man, for fairness awareness.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: You know what, when Rich and I have big events and conventions and there's a few hundred people there were overwhelmed. Imagine being a quarterback in the NFL where everybody wants to know your attention, but don't you tell me in them on Monday Night football where you win in overtime, you can't give twenty seconds of smiles and happiness to ESPN and ABC's main reporter.
Speaker 1: That's there. I agree to me.
Speaker 2: That's part of the gig, right to me, like that should be a standard understanding that the quarterback or any star player has to deal with us as a small place to pay to live the dream. Now, you might say, Rich Cavino, Danny g this story is a couple of day old, days old.
Speaker 1: What are you talking about?
Speaker 2: Well, there's like a part two now because oh yeah, remember we really didn't harp on this until we saw another clip this week.
Speaker 1: Just yesterday, another clip went viral.
Speaker 2: And I sort of saw it everywhere, and I think it's gone viral because it does it sort of continues that narrative of what we saw on Monday night.
Speaker 4: Foot Yeah, And I wondered, and I told you guys this last night when we were talking about this clip, I wondered if it was people piling on because of what happened after Monday night's game.
Speaker 1: I think it just adds that fuel to the fire.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Truthfully, if if you were in court, this would just be exhibit B. And it's.
Speaker 2: Obviously very clear footage of Justin Herbert's sort of big time of a kid who like wanted him to sign something. By the way, such a cute little kid, and I felt so bad for his face.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and the dad's like, he'll take his hat off because he's wearing the imposing.
Speaker 2: Eagles hat and he wanted and he just wanted to he wanted to wave.
Speaker 1: I'm sure he wanted a picture.
Speaker 2: But even if he waved that Justin Herbert, let's put it in perspective.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 2: I've seen a lot of people talk about this, and there's so many things I agree with you don't have to be a fan of the Chargers to as a kid, as a kid, especially to want to get his attention and have the thrill A little way from Justin Herbert would have made that kid's now, I don't want to say his life, but they would have made his whole year that Justin Herbert acknowledged him even though he's an Eagle. Let me let me give you an example of this. You guys know me now, we've done the show. You and I have been friends for decades, but we've been on Fox Sports Radio for years. You know that I'm a diehard Mets fan. The first player that ever gave me attention wasn't a Met. I went down on the field. I've told the story before. Down to the field I was. I went down batting practice, was hanging by the opposing dugout, just you know, taking a look. You're a little like eight year old nine year old kid peeking your head around and San Diego Padre bip Roberts took the time to say, hey, kid, what's your name? Signed the baseball for me, give me a little pat on the back, and I went back to my seat.
Speaker 3: WHOA I remember having that dude's baseball card, and.
Speaker 2: I was like, Roberts is the colest like to me, special athletes holding incredible power and almost duty to to boost these kids. Kids, idolize these athletes. We all did so. When he big times this little kid, even though he was an opposing fan, that rubbed me the wrong way. I think it rubs everybody the wrong way. And again it was caught on camera and he's a cute little kid and you feel so bad for him. I hate this clip, I really do. It bothers me. But we brought up the CJ. Strouds story for a reason because I think Justin Herbert needs to redeem himself.
Speaker 1: That's to tell you what. It's too many for this guy in one week.
Speaker 2: If you want to, you want to do the whole Uh, you can catch someone a bed day, maybe a second one, yo, Justin Herbert, you might have one more strike with a lot of people yo. Or he needs to get this kid on an Instagram video stat he needs to do something.
Speaker 1: I'm serious.
Speaker 2: Because he's a young player. People want to root for him, people speak highly of Justin Herbert. I want to like Justin Herbert. I don't want to not like him. And I feel bad. I think he needs to he need to do some good pr to fix it.
Speaker 1: He needs to go get coffee with Laura, Laura religion and then go take this kid to go see his Utopia too or something something good.
Speaker 4: I heard Herbert the last time. He was on with our very own Colin Cowherd, and he seems cool and down to earth when he's talking with Colin, but.
Speaker 2: He does what do you you know what it is? I'll give you one. We've had guests on our show, right, I'll give you an example. Jeremy Piven. Everyone that we talked to from entourage, I'll tell you met the politician not people know who Judgment Night from s from serendipity, from what else? Giving people way too much credit? Jeremy Piven, PC you, PCU, No you, We're not going to protest Jeremy Piven. Everyone's like, Yo, what a d what a jerk? I mean, how was PIVT? He definitely comes with a reputation of being a jerk. We were like, yo, he was the nicest, coolest dude to us. He was I mean a lot of multiple times, by the way, and we have nothing bet same.
Speaker 1: In fact, I love Jeremy Piven.
Speaker 2: Was he as nice as Jay Z nicer Jase?
Speaker 1: He refused to take a picture with us.
Speaker 2: I'll never forget that, Like we didn't interview jay Z and community like yo yo quick picking.
Speaker 1: Jay's like no, He's like nah, And I was like, for real, no, dog. I even gave him the for real He's.
Speaker 6: Like, nah, when did you experience He's Jeremy Pivens multiple times the last decade, every time because he's had some things in his career happen where he's had I think to kind of reassess the situation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, well here's my thought. I was sam.
Speaker 2: People say, well, really he was nice, and then I'm like, well, let's let's be honest. He was coming on our show to promote something he was doing. He's not going to lead with a whole behavior to people that are giving him a platform, that.
Speaker 1: Are being kind to him. So we would be a bad gauge.
Speaker 2: So when you say, oh, Justin Herbert's really cool with Colin Cowhard, you don't say he's kind to the most popular, you know, sports talking head on Fox.
Speaker 3: Well, no, but rich.
Speaker 4: There are some athletes where you can tell their Douchiari even when they're being interviewed by a media member.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but he kind of one's true character. How are you when the cameras are off How do you treat people that aren't important? They always say, like a good assessment? How do you treat the help at a restaurant? How do you how do you treat a waiter? How do you treat La Rutledge? Laura Rutledge when the cameras are off? Right, these are signs of one's character. And we saw two moments. We let it slide with the Rutledge story with the kid. I can't these are two moments in one week, Herbert, redeem yourself. I just want to play Devil's advocate.
Speaker 4: This second clip that we're now looking at, could there be something that we don't have all the context.
Speaker 2: Because if there's part two where it's like just kidding kid, COMMU not.
Speaker 4: That par but he's up, it looks like he's in a suite with either family members or friends or something, and he's kind of turned around, looks like he's busy.
Speaker 2: Okay, so shame on all those adults, because that's what I'm saying. Yea question, Let's say you were justin Herbert right, and you're there with your friends and family. You don't have a friend or family to keep you in check and say oh hey kid, hold on, he will get Hey, Joe, hey, Justin listen, say say hy to the kid real quick. Just wave to him. Someone to make it right for the kid. These are kids, man. Herbert is a jerk for this, and I'm not taking it back. I'm gonna say it appears jerky. There might be more. I'm keeping a fair Rich is the bad guy here. I give everyone a chance. We always say three strikes, you're out. Yeah, Well you know why, Sam, because I truly do believe no matter how bad it looks, and it does because I hated this clip. We don't know what it's like to be in his cleats, just the question. We don't know what else is going on. For all we know, he could have been in the middle of a really serious conversation.
Speaker 1: It doesn't matter. We don't know what important.
Speaker 2: What could be so important that Justin Herbert could be doing that He can't take ten seconds to make ooh hey kid, what's up?
Speaker 1: The kid's face breaks my heart?
Speaker 2: Dude, So to me, Justin Herbert is a royal a hole until he proves differently to me.
Speaker 6: It's two weeks from today from Christmas. Is he going to be on the naughty list? Is he going to get coal in his stocking? He still has time to make things right.
Speaker 2: In fact, I hope Justin Herbert, I hope the Chargers make the playoffs just so he fails miserably. I'm a Chargers fan moving forward till the wildcar.
Speaker 1: Route when he you know, doesn't show up again.
Speaker 2: Some me ask you this before we take some phone calls on it, and I'm sure you have experiences and stories and takes. Guys you always wanted him ask eight seven seven ninety nine on Fox. We'd love to hear your feedback and thoughts on this.
Speaker 1: Again. I give you two examples of the thought him. A CJ.
Speaker 2: Stroud made it right. He big timed the owner buy mistake. Obviously, Justin Herbert needs to make this right.
Speaker 1: He doesn't.
Speaker 2: He could, but I think he does. He could just be a really good football player. Because it's not a not a really personable cool dude, not around cool man.
Speaker 1: What makes someone cool?
Speaker 2: That the only the only reason they're cool people is because not everyone's cool. Because if everyone was cool, then how would you distinguish like you know what I'm saying, Like when you're like, yeah, he's a cool guy, I promise you not everyone's cool. What does he need to do to make it right? Send this kid some Christmas presents? No? What?
Speaker 1: Nothing? A good human? No with it with this kid or even even Laura Rutledge.
Speaker 2: Just I don't know remember where he came from? No kind of question. I like, I have you guys seen the clip where Shack. Some kid runs up to Shack like maybe goes under like a stancher and hug Shack's leg and there was some like guards. I quickly chucked like good this get away and Shack's like I don't know who were going to and Shack like hugs a kid in that moment, I'm like, that's why Shack is Shack.
Speaker 1: Can I tell you a story? Is Shack?
Speaker 2: This ties in rich to what you're saying? And you know who else a great Let me just trow one more property. Sure he's been on our show a few times, but off the air is where he's impressed me most. I hate to I hate it that he's on a team that I don't like, But is there a better dude? Than Pook and the Kolla. Oh he's awesome. Ah, you could root for him. I can't A nine, Yeah I can't. I can't remember his personal guy. I could root for him, but not the Rams. But here's the impact that I'm talking about, okay, and how much it means to a kid. You guys, remember you you remember what it was like to be a kid to be acknowledged by a hero. Maybe he never had that moment, but I'm gonna tell you a first hand how it felt. I've told this story before. I was on Rocketfier Center, fifth Avenue, right around there, fifth Avenue or six. My parents took me in New York City to see the tree, the Christmas tree in Rockefeller Center in New York City. And I was a little kid, maybe like nine years old, and I couldn't believe my eyes. It was Sugar Ray Leonard. Now this is in the eighties. No one bigger than Sugar Ray Leonard, Franklin spokesman. He was in every commercial. My family a big boxing family, like this guy transcended boxing. He was all over to play. Sugar Ray Leonard was the guy. I saw him there in New York City, and he saw me looking at him like that. So he's like, this little kid is trying to get my attention. He calls me over into his entourage, put his hand around me walking down the street, like, man, you a big fan of boxing. I'm like I am, yeah, sugar Land, And that's why, to this date brings up weak boxing matches every weekend. Yo.
Speaker 1: But my point is, and he knowing bigger than him at.
Speaker 4: That time, so he started you saying, this is the fight of the year.
Speaker 1: But the impact had how cool?
Speaker 2: I felt like I was floating down Fifth Avenue to be acknowledged by a guy that was so popular and famous. I'd never seen a famous person I think ever in my life, you know, and I'll never forget it. And I got to tell them that story on our show, which is full circle. But you know, the impact that athletes have on kids is unmeasurable.
Speaker 1: Never forget that. That's the point, the impact they have.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying side by side I want you to watch in when you have a second, I want you to watch side by side interviews and tell me what athletes should do, how they should carry themselves. Fernando Mendoza after Indiana one that was awesome and then Justin Herbert after an overtime win. That's like such a contrast, or, as you love to say to sound smart, juxtaposition, such a contrast. That's make fun of me because my sat stores are juxtai, you say, because you just learned that word two weeks ago.
Speaker 1: The hell out of here.
Speaker 7: So what's up, hey, Spot, I'll offer one devil's advocate or counterpoint to this. Yeah, because Justin Herbert specifically, Okay, part of the story is that his girlfriend, Madison Beer, and her family, so her brother and I think her brother.
Speaker 1: And her mother were at the game.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so when the kid was approaching, he was approaching one of the sweets. So I believe it's very possible that Justin Herbert was talking with his girlfriend's family at the time and maybe was like.
Speaker 3: Even worse after the game.
Speaker 1: Maybe he was trying to get up wrap up quickly so we would go girlfriend's famishima. Dude, imagine if you with.
Speaker 2: Your girlfriend's parents and some little kids like mister Herbert, like hey, Justin Herbert, and in front of your future rich tips strangers to come up and pretend like they know who he is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you made it even better, Spot, Thank you.
Speaker 8: What are we sure that he even said it, because that doesn't sound like his language, honestly, Like, it doesn't sound like Justin Herbert would use that language, especially towards a kid.
Speaker 6: And it sounded like whoever said it was kind of saying it, like everyone was sort of laughing, like now that bleeping hat on, and like everyone was like ah, And then even the kid ran up.
Speaker 8: He's like, hey, he told me to stick it, and he was like in mid hug as it was happening. I think somebody else said it. Now, whether he ignored the kid, that's his own problem. But I don't know if he actually said that line to that kid. Yeah, I didn't think that was him saying it either.
Speaker 2: It's more fun for me to stick by I hate Justin Hurtot at this point. Yeah, he can't bail on the take now. I can't bail on the take now. I hate I hate Justin Herbert. I hope you got too far. I've got too far. I hope he throws four interceptions. Let here sider any jellybeans and continue. All right, so you're those jelly beans come from? What could he do to redeem himself? Do you hold it against him? And let's all remember that you know your kid one time. You have such u even if you're not a Justin Herbert, you have so much influence on these kids and so much impact. And you're right, rich if he was with his girlfriend's family, how much cooler would he have looked if he said, Hey, guys, one second, hey, little guy, you're an Eagles fan.
Speaker 1: Huh, well you're a Charters fan. Now here you go, man, have a great Hey you played football? Yeah I do. Hey, go get him kid?
Speaker 2: How much cooler would he have looked if he did that in front of her family?
Speaker 1: So think about it?
Speaker 5: All?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: Well we want have piled if it was a one and done story. We went and piled on. This is twice in one week. And I'm in a feisty mood today, So Rich is a fight? You got me on the wrong day? Justin Herbert?
Speaker 6: Yeah, what if I was a kid and came up to you after the show and you told me to kick rocks?
Speaker 1: And I would never because I'm in a mood today. I'll never do that to a kid though.
Speaker 7: Ever.
Speaker 6: Yeah, please, I'm talking talking to pony ball coach of the pony ball coach. Richie could be the worst day of your life, and if I came up to you on the street, you'd still probably be nice to me.
Speaker 2: Dude, I have to likely guess what it's sad story, likely have to put down my dog this weekend. And I'm still in a good mood because it's not your been a tough week, it's not your tough it's not your problem that I'm going through something right. And by the way, I want to say how to Leon. You know who Leon is, Leon bip Roberts. Thank you bit Roberts.
Speaker 1: You made a difference.
Speaker 2: All right. We got more kiving on Rich next right here on Fox Sports Radio. All right, quick time out, time out, holiday upgrade check. Are you still watching the games on that old, small, weak ass TV? If you are, you're the weakest. You're only seeing about half the game week.
Speaker 1: I'll watch the Chargers lose week.
Speaker 2: Your TV shouldn't tap out in the red zone. Tcl's QM eight k QD Mini led the real MVP, not justin Herbert, Ultimate brightness, ultimate black levels for the ultimate experience. Picture is so clear you can almost taste the turf. And it's not just football, not just Herbert, big time in people it's movies. They look cinematic, games feel smoother. And yes, the in laws they'll notice when you ignore kit Yeah. Here, family, the friends, everybody will notice. Here's the play Holiday savings on select tcls. Go to Premium Savings with the QM eight K Brilliant picture a huge sound, the Ultimate Choice or the versatile QM six K for an elevated game day experience. Don't overthink it, locking the ultimate experiences with epic savings and undeniable bragging rights all season long. Get it all supplies last you cl Official TV partner of the NFL. Find TCL at all major retails tc how Bigger, Brighter, Better Holidays, Select models, limited time. See all major retailers for details. TCL dot com.
Speaker 9: Fox Sports Radio is taking over YouTube and you can be a part of it. Just go to YouTube and search Fox Sports Radio, hit that subscribe button and smash that notification bell and catch all the videos from your favorite shows. Tim Pro's and a Cup of Joe, Dan Patrick, Colin Coward, Doug Gottlieb Cavino and Rich, The Odd Couple with Rob Parker and Kelvin Washington. The Jason Smith Show with Mike Harmon, and the Ben Maller.
Speaker 10: Show Fox Sports Radio on YouTube.
Speaker 2: Subscribe, hit that thumbs up icon and comment away, Herbert's on the naughty list. Sorry to say he's getting a lump of turd in his docking based on what we're seeing. You know, a guy like Joey Elmo's on our feedback is like boo who he doesn't want to do an interview?
Speaker 1: Hey Joey, how about this guy acts like a pro.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, you can't do comes with the territory, comes with the job. You can't do d bag things. And then say you're not a d bag. It's like, well, you're doing d bag things, you know. I want to give him the benefit of the doubt of saying we don't know what he's going through and maybe these are bad moments, but there's two in one week at the same time. I don't know what it's like to be justin Herbert, but I do know that I'll never snub a kid, a kid that's a fan. I'm wildly less. I'm mildly shocked that anyone defends is like I'm looking here. William Kreider said, why does Herbert have to be on for the thirty seconds of postgame.
Speaker 1: That's part of the job, you nimrod.
Speaker 2: I think so, And in fact, it is, like you have to deal with press. It's part of the part of the job. Remember, like athletes have to talk.
Speaker 4: To a broadcast company that just telecasts your game.
Speaker 2: So and you know, the company that pays billions of dollars to like I said, to partner up at the league you're in, which is you know, in turn, part of the reason why these guys are paid so much money. It's like when I don't understand how when people at iHeart or Serious XM or any company are like, I don't want to deal with salespeople. It's like, do you mean the people that selled your show? You mean how we generate income like in revenue. Well, guess what if you disagree? You know, we like to chop it up and include everybody. Eight seven, seven ninety nine on Fox. We'll take your phone calls. We're talking CJ. Stroud, he redeemed himself Justin Herbert, two bad stories in one week. We're live from the Fox Sports radio studio. And have you heard about trainer games? And you could add this to your binge list. Ten athletes go head to head for the chance to win an I Fit trainer contract, where two hundred and fifty thousand dollars streaming on Prime Video starting January eighth.
Speaker 1: Again, we're Cavino and rich. You're rich.
Speaker 2: Before we go to all the feedback and all the phone calls to I'm just saying I'm reading the feedback like Esteban, you guys are soft, he owes, noing anything really, Wow, damn what's up down by harsh critics.
Speaker 8: You're dealing right there, absolutely, guys. Week fifteen starts tonight. It's the Falcons and Buccaneers eight fifteen Eastern time. We expect to see Mike Evans come back from his broken clavicle. Different injury to talk about.
Speaker 1: In the NFL.
Speaker 8: Steelers edge rusher TJ. Watt actually spent the night in the hospital overnight. He was dealing with a long issue in practice. On Wednesday, the Steelers released his statement saying that he was not going to practice today and his status for Monday's game against the Dolphins is up in the air. Dolphins running back to Von Chen limited in practice with a rib injury. Packers running back Josh Jacobs missed another workout today. He's dealing with a sore knee. Cowboys wide receiver Cede Lamba full participant, while Bengals wide receiver T Higgins limited in practice.
Speaker 3: Fired.
Speaker 8: Michigan ed coach Ron Moore remains behind bars and a schedule to appear in front of a judge tomorrow. Following his detainment yesterday in ann Arbor, Michigan. The Washington Our County Prosecutor's Office released a statement saying, quote, the matter involving mister Moore remains under active investigation end quote. Every Olympic dream starts with a first glide. Through learn to Skate USA, kids build confidence, ranked and joy on the ice. Learn to Skate USA offers programs for skaters of all ages and abilities. Find a program near you at learn to Skate USA dot com. Braves and former Boudres reliever Robert Swarez of a Great de terms on a three year deal worth forty five million dollars.
Speaker 1: Back to you, fellas, Thank you, Dan Byern. Thanks.
Speaker 2: Hey, you know what he was talking about. Every skate begins with that first glide. Isn't it a weird thought that we all had our first throw, our first swing. Yeah, And there's no proof of that, no evidence nothing. But you know what, but there is a first, our first shot. A lot of think you think you made your first shot in the basket in this generation though, a lot of those things are captured. Yeah, I mean, but then they're lost in a file from because you're seeing like TikTok trends where it's like like your kid, you know, it's like a kid playing t ball and then he's playing like college baseball. And what's that trend where moms are holding and has it? I had a frozen rope my first ever swing. I was two years old.
Speaker 1: I don't think that's you know what, I'm gonna roll with it.
Speaker 2: Yes, but I've seen that trend where you've seen that trend where moms are holding their kids for the last time. What what do you mean, oh, like one last time because they know it's not gonna happen. I guess the trend is like you played, Danny g. You played wiffleball with your neighborhood friends for the last time and didn't know it. You rode your bike. I was sam around your Iwan neighborhood with all your old schoolhood friends for the last time. I jumped on my pogo ball one last time you had one last at bat and you didn't really you don't really remember it, right, I didn't even know. The joke is moms don't realize they held their kids. They hold their kids for the last time and don't realize it. So all these moms are going up to like their teenage boys, like, all right, I'm gonna try to hold you one last time.
Speaker 4: Rich you were in your last musical and you had no idea.
Speaker 1: And my but I have footage. He was a great little lord.
Speaker 2: Fanny, shut up, all right, let's go to Vermont and Dave, let's get all your phone calls. Justin Herbert, I'm being tough on him only because I know it doesn't cost anything to be kind. And the Lord ruttledsh thing free pass. But then he's like a little rude to a kid. I'm like, Justin Herbert, too good of a player. Step it up, man, it's not hard to be kind. I think the rut list thing is just as bad, though, because it shows that he puts on some weird fake facade. You know what it is, You know when you see some real piece of trash woman or guy. And then I'll give you a great example There'll be some dirt bag guido in your hometown and then you see him in Mass on.
Speaker 1: Christmas Eve, like Christmas Eve church, and everyone's like, oh, Johnny's a great guy. Like he's a garbage bag.
Speaker 2: This guy, he's a loser, but because he goes to church on Christmas Eve, he's nice.
Speaker 1: John punches homeless people. And then you see him at church and he's like with you, piece be with you. I'm just saying.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying Justin Herbert is touching you, obo, But what I'm saying is Justin Herbert was rude. And then when the camera's on, he's like, hey, what to fake the defense? And this it just showed he was fake as could be. What's up, Dave?
Speaker 1: Hey, Dave, Hey, Hey, what's up?
Speaker 11: Guys.
Speaker 12: Rich Sorry to hear about your dog.
Speaker 13: Man.
Speaker 1: That's brutal, thanks man.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, absolutely, Hey, So Justin Herbert, I'm alright with him doing that thing to the reporter. That's whatever. No one's really watching that unless you're a fan of the team that just won. I think, but the kid, you can't. You can't snub kids.
Speaker 11: Man.
Speaker 5: I'm forty years old and I'm from Vermont. We don't have pros up here ever, like professional athletes. When I was a little kid, John Leclair, I don't know if you know John Leclair, but United States first United States born player to score fifty plus goals three years in a row. Absolute dog. He's like one of our guys up here. I was a little kid walking into Applebee's. He was walking out. My dad goes, hey, John, this is my son Dave.
Speaker 12: He came over.
Speaker 5: Hey, Dave, shook my hand. That dude's mitch were so big. But I'm forty years old. My point is, you remember remember that, remember there exactly.
Speaker 1: Let's go to David in Seattle. What's up, David? Awesome call? Thank you?
Speaker 13: Oh hey, hey guys.
Speaker 5: So what I want to do.
Speaker 13: I want to offer a public.
Speaker 5: Apology to Donny Mattenly.
Speaker 8: Sorry, mister baseball.
Speaker 5: I called him a butt heead probably about thirty five years ago because he wouldn't sign a ball for me outside.
Speaker 12: The Kingdo And uh, you know, I was in the wrong.
Speaker 13: And I didn't know any better.
Speaker 12: So I got a side with Justin.
Speaker 8: Herbert on this one.
Speaker 12: Sometimes timing ain't right.
Speaker 2: No, No, you were a little kid, Donny Baseball was wrong. You're a little kid outside the Kingdome and Donny Bezil's like, got no time anybody. He would go back to touching his mustache or something. You were right, Uh, Trip in Vegas?
Speaker 3: What's up?
Speaker 13: Trip thik, guys? A statement and a question. Then I got a quick story of the statement is you guys, go out of here. I've been around j'all in public settings. Y'all go out of your way. Y'all are handing out gift back to all your guests. So you guys are the most generous people.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 2: It's not simply because Rich and I are the greatest guys of all time and it costs nothing to be kind. But we justin Herbert, anybody out there in the public eye would be nothing without support and without the fans.
Speaker 1: This is who you're playing for.
Speaker 2: Man's like, it's like an artist on stage not thanking people for liking their music.
Speaker 6: As how many people, celebrities, high profile people forget that or take it for granted.
Speaker 1: That's my point, Justin Herbert.
Speaker 3: I guys, remind yourself of that every day.
Speaker 2: Justin Herbert, take this as a reminder. I was hard on you, but you're too good of a player. You're a young star in the league.
Speaker 1: Just be nice to everyone. I actually believe he is a good guy.
Speaker 3: I do.
Speaker 2: I'm sure I believe it because you know, he's a young guy living a great life. What is he angry about? He's got everything going for him. I believe he is a good guy with great discipline. And I think we just caught two bad moments. But I think he needs to make it right because he doesn't need this bad press. What else trip make it? We got a break, so make it snappy.
Speaker 13: My question, real quick is Covina for you? Was that when your mother took the picture but didn't have film in the camera.
Speaker 1: It was a great memory.
Speaker 11: Man.
Speaker 2: When we met Sugary Leonard for that first time, my mom had a freak out smile Steven smile, Oh my god, Sugary Leonard smile. She followed us down Fifth Avenue and we got home and it was no film in the camera. There is no film in this camera, but we read style. He re enacted the photo years later when he was on my show.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I might go as far to say I don't know if it happened. I don't know.
Speaker 3: You know, you could have dreamt all of that super super.
Speaker 2: Quick Lance and nashvillecause I want to move on after the break. So Lance, go ahead.
Speaker 11: Boys, you guys cracked me up. Every afternoon I'm driving home, I just gotta say thank you for that.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 12: I am going to come to I am going to come to the fence for my boy, justin like, let's be real. I feel like it's that scene from Mister d where like he saved.
Speaker 5: The cats and the lady from the fire.
Speaker 12: And then all of a sudden, everybody.
Speaker 11: Spins it because he's doing something wrong. Like, guys, some side, you know what's got the seven you's got the seven car accidents. I then imagine you were trying to get interviewed after you get shot seven times.
Speaker 12: Your offense stunk. Your kicker just became the most efficient kicker in the history. And now you guys like it's not his place.
Speaker 1: Well, you know that's a great point. You know.
Speaker 2: He think of something else too with that mister Deed's clip. Remember in Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, Short rounds kicking that Indian kids ass and he saves Indiana Jones and what does he say, hey, Short Round, quit playing around with that kid, get down here. Meanwhile, he just saved his life more cn R. Next on FSR, Ho ho ho.
Speaker 1: Would you call me?
Speaker 2: Welcome to the show and to Covino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio. Now next, we're old school and fifty hits. We reminiscent. We throw it back, and do you want to talk about number seventeen? Daniel Jones, No, no, No, number seventeen, number seventeen, Philip Rivers.
Speaker 1: I have thoughts on that.
Speaker 2: But as you play Frosty the Snowman, if you got little kids, people love the claymation Dolph, people.
Speaker 1: Of the Grinch or you know, you know what.
Speaker 2: By far, happy Birthday, Frosty's the best by far. All right, Well, we're lyve from the Fox Sports Radio studio and it's time for our tire rack. Play of the day SGA didn't need to play and yet another fourth quarter because of plays like this.
Speaker 1: In the third shake down, the lane blows by Williams Lazer up left slivering.
Speaker 8: Inside of the shop locker timeout suns okay See is channeling that shark smelling blood and the water baby cheez.
Speaker 2: Are they gonna win seventy five games? Curtesy of WWLS Thunder Radio Network.
Speaker 1: That was your Tyrack play the game. Now they're gonna take on the Spurs and the Cup Semis.
Speaker 2: For over forty years, Tyrack's been helping customers find the right tires for how, what and where they drive, free installation, They got road hazard protection all at tyrack dot com.
Speaker 1: The way tire buying should be.
Speaker 2: Speaking of SGA and the OKC twenty four and one the Wall Street Journal today, you know a big fan I read every every day saying quite, it could be the greatest NBA team of all time. Something we'll get through next, albur.
Speaker 1: Look at the clock. We're running late. Old School win fifty hits. There's a certain.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 10: What we're gonna do is go back back into time, throwing it back for a Thursday. Old School went fifty hits. That's fifty after cn R give you the time capsule topic and we reminisce together.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, all right, so Steff now and we'll get into it next.
Speaker 1: There was a meme.
Speaker 2: Danny g r super producer, found a viral meme and it got us think and it ties into old man Rivers, Daniel Jones and Philip Rivers. Things you could no longer be doing after forty You can see the meme I'm holding it up here Kobe FSR.
Speaker 3: Or should no longer be doing?
Speaker 2: Things you should no longer be doing after forty like I don't know starting back at forty four. Then again, Tom Brady did it successful, So certain things you can no longer do? Rich What should you no longer be doing? Based on experience, maybe fear holding you back after forty, Like, I'll give you an easy one. Go into the club because it's an obvious because as Chris Rock previously said, never want to be the old god. I have a weird it's just too open. I can't say I haven't in the last few years, but I almost feel weird going to any adult gentleman's club after forty because you realize the girls are like half your age and you feel sort of creepy about. Oh, you start your list, what are things you can't do after forty We'll get to that. Plus more NFL and some NBA coming up.