Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 3: This is nick Shots, streaming live on Dallascowboys dot Com and the official Dallas Cowboys at now Here are Bill Jones, Savannah Humoler, Everson Wolves, and Mickey Spagnola.
Speaker 4: And here we go.
Speaker 5: It's time for a Thursday edition of mix Shots with football players on a football field and.
Speaker 2: The music football music is just music.
Speaker 5: Outside you heard the music, larny, larn it. Because they're going on the road. They're playing at Buffalo And do you all understand just how epic this game is going to be on Sunday, Because tell us it's going to be. It's going to go right down to the wall. And there's a lot riding on this game. We need to understand that as well. Take off this show for both teams. There's a whole heck of a lot writing on this. This is playoff football in December.
Speaker 2: And that happens.
Speaker 6: You know, we call the playoffs the playoffs, but the playoffs always start.
Speaker 2: We talked about this after Thanksgiving. That's when the playoffs really starts.
Speaker 5: Secember, and especially as jumbled up as things are, depending on what your goals are. And this Buffalo team, there was a pick of some including me, to go to the Super Bowl this year, and they still have that on their agenda, but they got work to do before that. Even at seven and six on the season.
Speaker 4: Are they on the outside of the wild card looking.
Speaker 5: I haven't looked at that, But what they're looking at is the Miami Dolphins team that's ahead of them in the division right now, that just lost to the Tennessee Titans on Monday. They really take care of business and their last game of the season is against Miami, and they want to be in a position where they're play in Miami the last game of the season for a division title.
Speaker 4: Are they just one game back back.
Speaker 5: To two back? I think, I mean make sure on that getting in the two behind them, But if they Windami okay, yeah, And just checking here, who's got my who's Miami got this week? They're I got the schedule.
Speaker 7: Miami moved down to number two.
Speaker 4: Baltimore's number one bill Miami.
Speaker 7: Miami Parker is nine and four, nine and four.
Speaker 5: So they are two games back.
Speaker 4: I was play.
Speaker 7: The Jets Jets this week.
Speaker 5: The Jets at home, the Jets with a quarterback who was named the offensive player of the week, and Zach Wilson is going on, how about how about at the beginning of the season. If let's let's go back to August first and say, okay, the players of the week in mid December, you're gonna have a guy named Zach Wilson and a guy who was not at that time projected to be the starting quarterback for the New York Jets, a guy named Tommy DeVito.
Speaker 4: Not make fun of Tommy DeVito, and a.
Speaker 5: Guy named Brandon Aubrey.
Speaker 2: For that matter, Tommy is three and one.
Speaker 5: I think, so that's great. Lost here and then he.
Speaker 2: And then he won three.
Speaker 4: That's good him.
Speaker 5: We caught him in just the right time time before he became Brock Perdy. Did I mention rock Perty that way? I looked at him, you know what. He reminds me of Brockberdy.
Speaker 4: And you and you didn't mention that. If the Cowboys win, they're in the playoffs.
Speaker 5: That's exactly right. And if they lose, they can also get into the playoffs.
Speaker 4: With about thirteen different scenarios, and then some of those scenarios are pretty likely scenarios too. About teams loose.
Speaker 6: How do you think this team would you know, respond to that with the youth that we have out there, some veterans, you know, it's not.
Speaker 5: Like I hope they respond that it's a given they're going to the playoffs. They got fish to fry.
Speaker 2: My point is, Okay, we win the playoffs, let's.
Speaker 6: Chill all now, but we want to go.
Speaker 2: We still want the division?
Speaker 4: Right is the division?
Speaker 2: That's my point? What's that ship? I mean, you know, which is the same. They have to know.
Speaker 6: Okay, well, guys, we could win and be in, or even not winning be in.
Speaker 2: You know, how are they going to be carthy?
Speaker 4: Basically put that to rest when we want to win the division? After he threw away the other stuff about oh if you win, you're in, how do you do with this stuff? Then it's like we got to look at what's in front of us.
Speaker 6: I was hoping and I hope that this team is is doesn't need a Jimmy Johnson.
Speaker 2: You know, they don't have to have a Jimmy Johnson too.
Speaker 4: Well, they might have one, well, well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, might be different. He's a different might be Mike.
Speaker 6: Jimmy Johnson was yelling at him, you know, can his you know, just blunt statements be taken seriously by his team.
Speaker 2: That's what do they have to be frightened?
Speaker 4: Players play?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 4: Can you mike players this age?
Speaker 2: And should you have to? Is my point? Should you have?
Speaker 4: No? Not at all? There you go, But yeah, you got to coach guys thirty years later a little different than you did bath point, and they might get offended if you yell at him with Mike when you need.
Speaker 2: A right.
Speaker 5: Players didn't get offended in nineteen eighty nine when coaches yelled at.
Speaker 2: Him, listen to him, listen to him.
Speaker 4: They didn't.
Speaker 2: I gotta go.
Speaker 5: Ahead of his time. You would fit in perfectly with today.
Speaker 2: I should would wouldn't I?
Speaker 6: Well, this is what I wanted for them as I was bitch at this is the environment.
Speaker 2: Uh huh you have to respond.
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 5: Okay, back on the Buffalo perspective coming into this game, just look at what they've done here. They beat Kansas City this week in the Cadarius Tony game, and they they got Dallas this week. Okay, then they play at the Charge at the Chargers. Okay, that is a very very tough No, it's a very very winnable game the Charges, Yes, they don't have a quarterback. That Eastern stick is starting at quarterback.
Speaker 4: But then again, that might be the solution.
Speaker 5: Brown comes up that that coach is about to get he's.
Speaker 2: Going to be one of the first.
Speaker 5: And then speaking of a coach who may be among the first, they already be fired. They got New England.
Speaker 2: Next, already fire already, right, So.
Speaker 5: So look at the Buffalo players. They're looking at their schedule, okay, and they're okay, we got Dallas and then Chargers and the Patriots. We've already got both of those coaches fired. And then we closed with Miami, so that puts that much more importance on if we can just beat Dallas, we're going to be probably playing for a division.
Speaker 2: You think you think we were the reason that two coaches have fired this year.
Speaker 5: No, No, I'm saying that the Buffalo players are. They're saying, Okay, we're playing two teams that the coaches are already basically fired.
Speaker 4: After they've beaten those then.
Speaker 2: May have helped them get fired.
Speaker 4: True, that's true, didn't help their cause, I think the So when we talked about checking on the elements the weather, and Carthy pointed out that his two biggest concerns when it comes to weather is wind and rain, which I think makes sense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course.
Speaker 4: Do you ever have to play in the snow, Yeah, it doesn't change too much if it's not like a blizzard or anything.
Speaker 2: I think if yeah, well I was in a blizzard. Yeah, it was pretty bad. But now we we mostly had to deal with the rain.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Right.
Speaker 6: When I was with the Giants played against Buffalo, yeah, it was the only we were the only team to hold them under twenty points twice that year. But at the same time, we only beat them once and that was wasn't a bowl. But as you played in Jersey, it constantly rained and it was below freezing.
Speaker 4: That to me, that's so cold rain and wind, right, you.
Speaker 6: Couldn't I mean if you fall on and if you fall you're going to be in a puddle and it's cold and it's still raining and the wind is blowing and it's still below freezing, and you don't get the change clothes. No, you can't change clothes. And I remember my Mara Gitten. I remember he was talking to me and his bottom lip was quipping.
Speaker 2: He's talking like, whoa dude, we gotta get you know, we gotta do something.
Speaker 7: Well, now they have all the heated benches and the little things.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I bet they are now.
Speaker 6: They had that then, But once again you're wet and freezing.
Speaker 2: It's still wet.
Speaker 6: It's all you want. It's raining on the sidelines as well. So now those are the more miserable ones because your hands never dry everything, you never dry out, you know, even at halftime.
Speaker 5: So I don't have that game. By the way, a seventeen thirteen Buffalo Bills win at the New York Football Giants was played in thirty seven degree weather with a wind chill of thirty.
Speaker 2: You go that wind chill, that's it, the wind chill change.
Speaker 5: Think about precipitation.
Speaker 2: Oh, it was raining the entire time. I'm going to add that to the Please trust me. It was. It was bubbles on the field.
Speaker 4: So, speaking of precipitation, the outlook for Sunday is a higher forty eight okay, low of forty two, So they'll be closer to forty two probably when they start. Now, not a lot of wind though, right, it didn't say anything about wind, but it did say fifty nine percent precipitation. Okay, But the next day I looked it up. The higher forty two and the low of twenty six ninety one percent chance of precipitation. That means snow. So if things move up right and you get to Monday on Sunday, it could be pretty like you.
Speaker 2: Say, leg effect, miserable, leg effect. Watch that's eerie, right, it's eerie.
Speaker 4: Lake Arie.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, there's my home.
Speaker 4: So a while Lake Erie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what do you mean? Cleveland?
Speaker 4: Oh, Cleveland? I forgot He forgot it.
Speaker 2: Too, No, I didn't.
Speaker 6: I remember my first game in Cleveland, Belichick, my first game in Cleveland. I had just gotten there and half the season was over. I was late for the game because of lake effect snow and I had never heard. What the hell, Laker, I never knew what lake effects snow.
Speaker 4: Like it just happens.
Speaker 2: It just happens. It came out of nowhere, Like, what the hell is going on? I'm stuck in traffic.
Speaker 6: I mean it was like three hours before the game. No one's moving because lake effects snow. What the hell is that? I had no idea what that was. I'm from Dallas, man, I don't know about lake effect snow. That's my excuse to Belichick. He's like, hey, man, you didn't make it, you get fine. So me and Nick Saban were late for my first guy. Nick Saban was putting on his socks trying to get out on the field.
Speaker 2: We have both missed warm ups. Uh huh. And that was it.
Speaker 4: He came by and gave you the good news.
Speaker 2: No, he came by trying to put his socks on.
Speaker 4: No, I've been about to find No.
Speaker 2: No, he got fined as well. Well I don't know if he got fined, but both of us were late.
Speaker 4: So here's how here's how miserable it could be at that old stadium. I covered a playoff game there in January. Fortunately I was staying downtown because the snow that morning just it was almost a blizzard, right, And so I drive. I was able to drive there my rental car, and as other fans were getting into the parking lot, the people that were already there were giving him standing ovations that they made it to the game. So then I walk into the stadium and I see where they're they're selling beer, right, and they got it all stacked up. It ain't on ice. It's so cold. All you had to do is have it outside because it's twenty degrees right, So they didn't even use ice to I cooled down the beer.
Speaker 2: I've been there.
Speaker 4: That was that was a pretty miserable day.
Speaker 6: And I'm not a Cleveland guy. I'm a Dallas guy. In Dallas, Cleveland is so different, so different. It was this is our new territory for me. Thank god I knew Belichick. That was about the only guy I had out there.
Speaker 4: Well, they can't simulate.
Speaker 5: Ninety three. Okay, go ahead, No.
Speaker 4: I was gonna say, they can't simulate snow in practice, but they do get wind in that little three prong tunnel they had right outside, and so Brandon Aubrey can practice and he does kick into that wind quite a bit in practice, and they could, I guess, throw the footballs into a bucket of water used to throwing a wet ball. They don't like a Yeah, can't simulate rain. They don't have a turn on, turn on the sprinklers practicing with the sprinklers going right. So anyway, but that was one of the discussions in the in the press conference today. I think the other thing that we can get to in the next segment is the fact that Missie Smith's going to have to take on a bigger role on Sunday against the team that, probably depending on the weather, wants to run the football against this cowboy defense.
Speaker 5: That would be the way I've run the football too.
Speaker 2: That's that's just what I would do. I will just make sure we have a heavy dosage of Josh Allen.
Speaker 5: All Right, we continue with more mix shots in just a moment.
Speaker 8: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, and they snapped.
Speaker 5: The press guy who looks right, it's not there.
Speaker 4: He escapes left.
Speaker 2: He'll run for a Pernstown.
Speaker 8: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With Blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade crypto currency.
Speaker 5: Prescott's gonna rub this in show, run it up the middle Andy Scores.
Speaker 8: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 2: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 8: Get started at blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 9: We know that juicy, cheesy, grilled to perfection burger sounds amazing, but it does sound like something is missing. Pepsi Baby, the yin to this Burger's yang burgers and pepsi go together like well, like burgers and pepsi. This perfect blending of flavors makes every bite of let us, every sesame seed on the bun, and every sip of that crisp refreshing ice cooled kola a journey to footopia. Burgers better with pepsi, That's what I like.
Speaker 10: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 11: Did you know that're responding to one spam call can lead to more, or that the I R S would never ask for your Social Security number on the phone? Beat scammers at their own game by subscribing to a ARP fraud Watch Network alerts and texts at AARP dot org. Slash beat scammers TX You can sign up to receive information that helps you recognize and avoid the latest scams. That's aa arp dot org, slash beat scammers, TX.
Speaker 12: Demic shots, k post roofing and waterproofing, the official roofer of the Dallas.
Speaker 2: Cowboys about something you know?
Speaker 7: Well, that was Mickey, your.
Speaker 5: Microphone's over, hear me.
Speaker 4: I was laughing because I was trying to side on the computer. Yeah, I was thinking of I've ever said say I got to do it twice hour?
Speaker 2: Time was time.
Speaker 5: Before you can get logged.
Speaker 7: This is why I show up early.
Speaker 2: Thank you?
Speaker 5: So does it take you two or three times?
Speaker 2: Of course that was three My old people, this these old people problems.
Speaker 5: Well, I don't even open my my iPad, all right, Mazzi, Mazzi, you want to get into Mozzie. Well, it sounded like from the three thirty press conference yesterday that the Jonathan Hankins playing this week did not look exactly what I was going to update today.
Speaker 4: I think he's out. Yeah, I think what did macarthy put it? He'd be hard pressed too.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: There by Sundays, as we were talking about yesterday, three hundred and twenty five pounds on a high ankle sprain, probably not doing real well.
Speaker 2: So.
Speaker 4: You know, they can also use Neville Gallimore there, I would imagine, and they're going to have to have a rotation, and we talked about calling up Carl Davis, nine year veteran of three hundred and thirty five three hundred and thirty five pounds. By the way, but I think Mozzi probably get the most snaps he's had so far this year. He's averaging like sixteen a game, a high of twenties, like twenty five maybe something like that. But it was in the mop up duty against the Giants the second time around.
Speaker 2: So what's going on with that? Galimore? Does he play much?
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's in the rotation and he can play either one.
Speaker 2: Oh, so that would be a change.
Speaker 4: But yeah, but I could see him going in there and playing more at the one technique.
Speaker 5: To bring you up to speed. On Neville Gallimore last game against Philadelphia had twelve snaps. He had eleven snaps against Seattle, seventeen against Washington. That's been roughly worre and it's about the same as what Mazzi. Mozzi had thirteen snaps against Philly, eleven against Seattle, twenty against Washington. So I mean that rotation, you know. So, and that's one of the things that MacArthur talked about today with Mozzi. You know, you got these expectations in first round draft pick. Well, that's a position that doesn't rack up stats number one, and then he's walking into a veteran filled room. And keep that all in perspective as we try to decide, you know, thirteen games into his career.
Speaker 2: That I the ball.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's a bull, and I think people need to have some experience at looking at that, because I think we talked about it just recently. My first impression of Ken Norton was, oh, he can't play, you know, and it took him about three years before he became Ken Norton Junior.
Speaker 2: So when they three three Super Bowls later.
Speaker 4: And the three three well, two with the Cowboys, one with the San Francisco one right, okay?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 4: Or did he get no? He ninety two, ninety three and then he became a free agent and went to San Francisco in ninety four. Uh So, you know, when Mike was asked about Mozzi, he said, I think Mozley's doing a hell of a job. He said, his job is dirty, it's phill filling a role that is not going to get bring you any not rioting. So his job is not sacks. It's basically getting in there and mucking up the runs. And they may not get a lot of tackles either.
Speaker 5: For perspective, Jonathan Hankins, who is just like a round draft baker the Giants ten years ago. He's a rookie going into the Giants at twenty one years old. Like Mazi, he played eleven games that year. He had sixteen tackles, two tackles for loss and didn't start a game.
Speaker 4: So it takes a while.
Speaker 2: And and you know, I always knew how to get tackles for loss. His own always tacks.
Speaker 4: He also he also brought up when he was at Green Bay. I forgot his first name, Raji. The big dump truck of a nose tackle is a dj rj BJ Rozi.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And he brought him up by the Hoppology. He had to, you know, explain to him that you're there to facilitate other people, you know, don't let everybody say, well, you're this draft choice and you're not doing this so U He feels like, you know, from a from Misi Smith's standpoint that the jump that he can make from this year to next year could be very huge because he still has the talent. So anyway, we'll get a chance, we'll get a chance to see him a lot more.
Speaker 5: Bj Raji two thousand and nine. Bj Raji out of Boston College. He was a first round draft pick and he was the ninth overall pick in the draft. Okay, so at top ten pick. His first year at Green Bay fourteen games, one start, twenty five tackles.
Speaker 4: So anyway, I think everybody.
Speaker 5: In the second year he became a starter.
Speaker 4: I think everybody has this perception that he's slow off the ball, and it's like, well is he you know, where's he going?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 5: So and bj Roggi's third year he was a pro bowler.
Speaker 7: Right, And they'll have the rotation still.
Speaker 12: Yeah, so you have Neville Gallimore and you have if they elevate Carl Davis Junior to the press.
Speaker 4: The key thing for him is not to get turned, to stake square to the line of scrimmage. And when Mike was talking or no, when dan quinn was talking about Hankins, he basically said, he's square, he's wrong, and he has experience, and that was his attributes and meaning square to the line of scrimmage.
Speaker 2: Don't square banch right.
Speaker 4: Because once you get the line, once you get turned, that's it, you're done, right, And sometimes you have to be visual.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that's not the vis it is not.
Speaker 7: Coach McCarthy did say in the press, car, I'll bring us.
Speaker 4: Back as we get back, Come on, come on back.
Speaker 12: Willy Cooker did not participate in their practice yesterday, but he should be limited today.
Speaker 7: And then Brian Anger is back.
Speaker 4: He was on a personal okay.
Speaker 7: Yesterday, so he is back today in participation.
Speaker 4: Very good and that's really all because most of the injury report was just mostly guys that were resting or at at you know, at the most limited. So it's a pretty good outlook.
Speaker 7: But the Bills I was curious about.
Speaker 12: So I know Micah Hyde he did not participate in their Wednesday.
Speaker 7: Has he been out for quite a while now.
Speaker 5: He played sixty six naps against well, yeah, against Philadelphia. It was his last time too. If I got this right, I may not have it updated here in here. So yeah, I have to check on him.
Speaker 7: Let's see, because I know he was he was.
Speaker 5: He played last week and I looked at the big in that twenty three. I looked at the Kansas City game and he started against Kansas City, so.
Speaker 7: Yes, he did not participate.
Speaker 5: They had twenty three and twenty one. Jordan Poy, you're playing safety? What I was looking at on film?
Speaker 12: Okay, Josh Allen, he was full in their practice.
Speaker 7: He did have a right shoulder that they were looking at. Recently.
Speaker 5: By the way, Josh Allen macarthy was asked about him yesterday's press conference and he compared him with Brett Farv, which was interesting.
Speaker 2: I could see that.
Speaker 5: And you know, Josh Allen will be making his ninetieth start in this game. He is fifty nine and thirty in his career. Okay, guess what Brett Farv's record was through eighty nine starts in his career. Fifty nine and thirty, exact same record. Who thought it was interesting?
Speaker 2: It's crazy.
Speaker 4: Did you say what hides snap count was?
Speaker 5: I did not know it.
Speaker 4: No, thirty four. So he did get thirty four?
Speaker 5: Okay, got hurt, right, So he did start last week, so he came out there.
Speaker 4: There was sixty six I think was the total close to one hundred percent?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Okay, but you know Josh Allen is prototype. What you would be looking for in a quarterback as far as his size goes, arms and everything.
Speaker 2: And that's why everybody loves him so much.
Speaker 5: Six five, two hundred and thirty three pounds.
Speaker 4: Yesung arms, Yeah, we talk about his arm. He's run for ten touchdowns and.
Speaker 5: They're not and in the last two years he ran for over seven hundred yards.
Speaker 4: Got three, like three forty seven.
Speaker 5: He's not on that same pace this year running the ball. He's only been sacked eighteen times.
Speaker 4: Ten touchdowns running running and twenty five and those are those are not probably scrambles. I bet the majority of them are called quarterback draws. And he's a hard guy to get on the ground. He's big, right, he won't just go down.
Speaker 2: He does not slide.
Speaker 4: I mean he'll die, yes, or he'll try to run you over.
Speaker 5: The same far personality.
Speaker 2: From, but he's bigger than From exactly.
Speaker 5: That's the thing about Farv. In fact, I was on the NFL radio this morning Mike Tannenbaum was talking about they used that SoundBite from McCarthy talking about Josh Allen and comparing him to Brett Farv, and he said the thing about Farv that struck him when he first time he saw him in person, he wasn't as big as he thought he was, you know.
Speaker 2: Because he played big.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he was larger than life on the field and especially as he got later in his career or whatever. But up close, I mean he's listed Farv is listed at six to two and twenty pounds or something. But so that's if that's a true height. It's three inches shorter than Josh Allen.
Speaker 2: You know, and they both have the problems with going in the second.
Speaker 5: He did say this about Farv. He said that the one thing about Farv he had the largest hands of anybody he shook hands with. In fact, he said that the only person, I think Farv said the only person with larger hands than him that he ever shook hands with was Michael Jordan.
Speaker 2: I shook hands at Jeordan one time. Yeah, I got an autograph of my dad.
Speaker 5: He was It's amazing how much easier it is to play sports if you.
Speaker 2: Have That's why he likes sock. That's why he likes.
Speaker 4: That's played soccer. I didn't figure out the hands thing until later on in life. It's like, I've got all these guys, what the guys that I roomed with once when I was in Columbia. He was a pitcher, right, and he's throwing the ball and it's moving all over in place, and I looked at his hands.
Speaker 2: The whole ball.
Speaker 5: It's like, come on, you imagine in basketball, Like how much easier was basketball for a guy like Michael Jordan if you can just pump it and do whatever you want to do with it, you know. Anyway, that's aside five.
Speaker 4: I'll give you another side on Fire. After his rookie year in Atlanta, I was at the Super Bowl and it was after the Super Bowl game and me and my buddy that I worked with in Jackson, Mississippi. He had gone to Southern Mississippi. So we're walking out going to our hotel was about two three blocks away, and Jerry Glanville comes walking out at the same time. Hey, where are you guys going.
Speaker 5: It's like, we're going to.
Speaker 4: Such and such. He goes, yeah, I'll walk with you. So my buddy couldn't resist. He said, so, Jerry, do you think Fire can play?
Speaker 13: And he goes, well, I think he's got some talent, but he's gotta remember, like after like Wednesday, can't have all that corn squeezing.
Speaker 2: Going on.
Speaker 4: Meaning drinking and I'll be darned. So this would have been the end of January. By March, they traded him to Green Bay for the first round pick. He called it scorn corn squeeze.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and the rest, as they say, is history.
Speaker 6: But as good as Fav was, he was a gunslinger, yeah, meaning there was some very ill advised say that he should not have thrown.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 6: I remember watching the playoff game Green Bay against the Giants, and I had the buddy sitting next to me, and he bet on he bet that far with throwing interception, and sure enough he threw that interception and that that was a big one and that ended up causing him to lose because Eli and the guys were winning.
Speaker 4: Speaking of speaking of far So, last night I was I was watching ESPN. They were doing the SEC schedule release for football.
Speaker 14: Next year and your losses right, oh boy, they got to play almost back, not back to back, but Auburn, Alabama, Oklahoma.
Speaker 15: Uh it's yeah, division top ten, that's right, number nine Oklahoma.
Speaker 2: You man.
Speaker 5: SEC just became the toughest.
Speaker 2: Conference in America.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it'll be another that Missouri could score forty points against. Anyway, they dropped after after it was over, the thirty for thirty four of Reggie White came on and they were showing some of the highlights, right, and they were showing highlights against the Cowboys with Jason Garrett at quarterback, and I'm going, well, they're missing the point here because Garrett ripped him for thirty eight four hundred yards, passing most in the second half. But all they showed was Reggie getting after Eric Williams and complaining that Eric Williams was poking them in the eye. Probably was, and he probably was, he would right, sort of like Charles Haley Rush.
Speaker 6: He was John Madden's favorite. Yeah, John Madden's favorite was Eric Williams.
Speaker 5: So Glenville and the Falcons traded far after what season?
Speaker 4: I thought it was after or as rookie seas one ninety one.
Speaker 5: Okay, And so Glenville and the Falcons went six, ten, ninety two, and ninety three with Chris Miller at quarterback in ninety two and then Bobby Hebert at quarterback in ninety three. Yeah, and Rickshats continues in a moment.
Speaker 10: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 16: Cowboys Football and Miller Lite.
Speaker 2: What a pairing can cracks?
Speaker 16: A kickoff tailgates going way past postgame Sunday night overtime, followed by Monday Morning Swager, Brisky and the Smoker, Miller Lite and the Clue, America's team playing America's greatest sport. Miller Lite the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys. Dallas Cowboys Football tastes like Miller Time. Celebrate Responsibly twenty twenty three, Miliberal Company, Fort Worth, Texas.
Speaker 11: Did you know that responding to one spam call can lead to more? Or that the IRS would never ask for your Social Security number on the phone? Beat scammers at their own game by subscribing to AARP FraudWatch Network alerts and texts at AARP dot org. Slash Beat Scammers TX. You can sign up to receive information that helps you recognize and avoid the latest scams. That's AARP dot org slash Beat Scammers TX.
Speaker 9: You know that sound anywhere is the crisp crunch, that first nacho chip with its perfect cheese to sour cream ratio sitting atop a layer of delicious beans. It's a sip away from perfection. That's what we're looking for at a delicious, refreshing pepsi and we've achieved absolute nacho nirvana because while you can pile those nachos high with every spicy, cheesy, savory topping, there's no topping of cool, pepsy finish.
Speaker 5: Nachos better with pepsi.
Speaker 2: That's what I like.
Speaker 4: Shots.
Speaker 12: The twenty twenty four NFL Pro Bowl Games are taking over Orlando, and the roster is up to you. Castor ballot for the twenty twenty four Pro Bowl Games. Vote and send your favorite Cowboys players to compete in the ultimate AFC Versus NFC showdown this February. Vote now at Pro bowl dot com slash vote.
Speaker 5: Does it have a deadline on that?
Speaker 7: Not that I'm aware of.
Speaker 4: There is for the for the fan voting here for the fan voting, and.
Speaker 5: That's going to be soon because we're approaching that. They usually announce those, like with two weeks left in the season. But fluck, they announced the results of the Pro Bowl.
Speaker 4: Because I don't think. Yeah, they usually when it was a sixteen game season, it was the coaches.
Speaker 5: Chris, they would announce the team.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because the coaches and well, it used to be even sooner than that.
Speaker 5: Right where they where they would make their vote. Yeah, yeah, yeah, there's one day where the players all vote, had their ballots like on a Wednesday.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Used to be you gotta get you gotta if you're going to make the Pro Bowl, you got to get your work done before the last three.
Speaker 4: Weeks of the season, don't don't wait.
Speaker 5: That's right. I'd say Brandon Aubrey's put out a pretty good resume.
Speaker 2: I think he's got a chance, slim chance, he might make.
Speaker 5: Uh, Cowboy's gonna have a lot of Pro Bowlers this year.
Speaker 4: I was trying to remember what his answer was. Somebody asked him after the game, when's the last time you've done a press conference? I think he said, I think I had one when I was and I got drafted in soccer.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, major League soccer, first round pick in Toronto. Yeah, so okay, this Buffalo team. What what is it that we've talked about, Josh Allen a little bit? What is it that?
Speaker 17: Uh?
Speaker 5: Oh, the sticks out?
Speaker 4: The other thing I noticed as he flips through.
Speaker 5: His Buffalo Bill's press release, just to note.
Speaker 12: Fan voting is open through Christmas Day and then players and coaches will then place their votes on December twenty ninth.
Speaker 4: Very good, Okay, the Bowl, we need Savannah here, I figured.
Speaker 7: Okay, on the onto the Bill.
Speaker 4: They have forty two sacks. They're tied for third most in the league right now. So offensive line beware.
Speaker 6: You know, a game like this to me is obvious. You don't want to put the ball in the air too much. You know, these kind of games you want to make sure you have a good ground attack. So I would be really interested in what their run defense looks like.
Speaker 2: You know who we have to look out for.
Speaker 6: Can they match up against our offensive line, who's been improving slightly every week? We haven't been you know, going backwards, we haven't been going to leave. We've been improving every week in our run game.
Speaker 5: They answer your question their run defense. They're nineteenth in the league in run defense. They lost at every level of their defense back in late September early October, they lost a primary player with parallels with the Cowboys. They lost their top maybe their top defensive player, Matt Mulano, linebacker in the fifth game of the season. And of course the Cowboys lost Layton vander esh in October as well. They lost Trey Davias White, their cornerback who's a former Pro bowler first of October. Of course, the Cowboys lost Dravon Diggs going way back, so there's a parallel. They also lost up front dayk One Jones, who is more of their run stuffing defensive tackle. To answer your question, they are hoping to get him back, I think at some point, but he went on ir back on October eleventh. He made sixteen starts last year. For him, doesn't rack up the big numbers that a one technique, but he is sixty four, three hundred and twenty two pounds. Their three technique at Oliver is their first round draft pick, you know now with a big contract, four year, sixty eight million dollar extension, and so Jordan Phillips, who is a big three hundred and thirty four sixty six three hundred and thirty four pound guy starts for DAYK one Jones right now.
Speaker 6: So if I'm Buffalo and I don't know if this is a trend as we get late to the season, I expect teams to think just like I'm thinking, you know, I got to come in and run the ball. So I would imagine that the way they play defense during the second half the season might change a bit because they're going to get certain tendencies. Well, every team that's going to come in, they're thinking, man, this weather, we got to run the ball guys, because you know, I don't want to put the ball in there too much in this kind of weather.
Speaker 4: Well, they give up one hundred and fourteen yards rushing a game, but just nine rushing touchdowns so far. So and did I see Leonard Floyd? Was he on the Their injury report is.
Speaker 12: Yes, rist, but he was a full participant in their Wednesday okay walk through.
Speaker 4: So he has nine and a half sacks at Oliver has six and a half and Penisa aj has six and a half secks. So they have three.
Speaker 5: Times players who have at least a half sack this year. Now they are forty two sacks. There's fourteen different players who are participated in that.
Speaker 4: Gregory Russo has four and a half. So yeah, they've.
Speaker 5: Then he's an ant a good.
Speaker 4: Job with the with the sacks so far. So yeah, the offensive line kind of you're on notice.
Speaker 5: But also as far as that run defense. The guy that has emerged now that Milano has been out, especially the guy that has emerged at linebacker for them is a second year player, third round draft pick last year, Terrell Bernard Don Baylor, and he he's under size, much like Mark east Bell. Yeah, six one, two hundred and eighteen bounds, which is pretty much Marque's bell. So in this day and age in the NFL. He's got three interceptions, he's got three force fumbles. He's a leading tackler by a long.
Speaker 4: Few one hundred and twelve yelve.
Speaker 5: Think about Baylor though, Baylor was in the Big twelve championship game two years ago and he was his last year there. Jalen Petrie from the Texans, who's a heck of a player in his second year. He was on that Baylor team. There was a reason Baylor was as good as now. They haven't been good since then, but two years ago they were hitting it exactly with all these scrappy, little, smallish fast defensive players. In Terrell Bernard number forty three, you'll be seeing him on Sunday.
Speaker 4: So there you go. They a lot of sacks and they're pretty good against the run.
Speaker 12: So we need to beef up our run game a little bit.
Speaker 7: We get that rotation in with Rico.
Speaker 12: Daudl and Tony Paul and we have establish the run in those conditions out there.
Speaker 2: And we have to be account for the quarterback. So it's almost a Jalen Hurts no.
Speaker 6: Count on the defensive side for for Josh Allen. I mean this is something big. It's a bigger Jalen Hurts, right. I mean Jayleen is strong and might be strong, and he wants to be much, but he's not nearly as big as as Josh.
Speaker 12: And Josh Allen. And we saw when they played Philadelphia. He runs, He runs more than Jalen Hurts. He runs harder than exactly he runs. He's going to look to to escape the pocket and if he has a he's the ability to run.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's the red zone, red zone, especially red zone guys.
Speaker 2: We gotta be ready for this guy.
Speaker 5: So how do you think Stefan Diggs approaches this game? Now, he's not going up against his brother.
Speaker 6: Come on, we'll talk about a missed opportunity there.
Speaker 5: That's my he'll be. I think he'll be in attendance, don't you think little family reunion?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I gotta go see his brother.
Speaker 4: Six five, two thirty seven. By the way, that's a lot, Josh, that's a lot. Well, you're gonna see Stefan versus Stefan right.
Speaker 5: The former Bill's first round draft pick, Stepan Gilmore.
Speaker 4: As a matter of fact, I mean he did.
Speaker 5: File is their motivation for Stefan Gilmore going back to Buffalo in this sense. Now, when he played for the Bills, his last head coach there was Rex Ryan, and we talked about earlier in the season. Dennis Thurman was the guy he credits. Stephan credits Dennis Thurman for really getting him on track in his career. His last two years. He was a defensive coordinator for Rex Ryan there and worked with Gilmore. The Gilmore left where he went so so Gilmore the backstory on that he left after the twenty seventeen seasons, played five seasons and so that's when that's when Sean McDermott became the head coach. They decided, I think they decided either not. He did play five years, but they didn't sign him to a long term contract, so he became a free agent and he goes to New England and a couple of years later, well, he wins the Super Bowl and he also becomes a Defensive Player of the Year in New England. Yeah right, but in Buffalo. But McDermott was the one basically that made the decision, Now, we don't need to spend that big money on this guy. And they and they in the twenty seventeen draft, they drafted Trudevius right, got what's.
Speaker 4: Who's hurt now? Right?
Speaker 5: Right? And he's hurt.
Speaker 4: In five years he had it was either twelve or fourteen interceptions, I remember writing it down. So had a pretty good career there. But you know, he he ended up on AJ Brown this past game. They switched him to DK Metcalf the second half of the Seattle game. So I'm wondering if it's like, Okay, let's make sure we'll take our chances with Gabe Davis and make sure that Stefan Diggs doesn't hurt us.
Speaker 6: One thing about older players, the second and half of the season is usually their best part of the season. It just seems that, you know, it takes you a little bit longer to adapt to the game itself, the game plans, especially a new team.
Speaker 2: Things of that nature.
Speaker 6: Your experience becomes much more important. Doing the latter part of the season. It just seems as if you know things, it's almost like your mind and your body warms up. It just takes it a while for older players to just you can see when Tom Brady, you know, he didn't just he didn't always come out, especially as he got older, you know, throwing darts.
Speaker 2: He got better as the season went on, as long as he wasn't too old.
Speaker 6: I'm talking about his last year, but his last maybe his third year, you know, when he was about to retire.
Speaker 2: But I know when I was there.
Speaker 6: You just things seem to flow mentally and physically a little bit better as you get later on into the season.
Speaker 4: And then it helps out when a young wide receiver or a younger wide receiver calls you old.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean that he could have called him that when he maybe five games in. Yeah, but it's too late now, Yeah, he's old, but he's warmed up.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 6: The flow of the game right now is very easy for him. You can see it.
Speaker 2: And he's not having any major problems with anybody.
Speaker 4: He talked about that yesterday and uh, he said, yeah, he goes, you know, the younger guys on the team, the old man, and just to call me old. But he goes. It was the way he called me old. And I'm sure there was an adjective in front of yeah. Right, And somebody said, well, what did he say? He goes, I can't say that here.
Speaker 5: I'm thinking Stefan is not going to be talking yeah like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think he's He's wise enough.
Speaker 5: Don't pop the bear, although maybe Travon's chilling stuff fun.
Speaker 4: Yeah right, yeah right, he's not as good as me.
Speaker 17: Many brother, All right, we will shout at you again tomorrow at noon on the next edition of mix Shots.
Speaker 2: So Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.