Speaker 1: Is the Dallascowboys dot Com Draft Show, your war room for insider news and draft analysis from deep within the confines of Cowboys Headquarters at the Star Infrasco.
Speaker 2: Today is Thursday, February twenty second, twenty twenty four, and we are officially sixty three days away from the NFL Draft in Detroit, Michigan. Welcome into the Draft Show presented by Miller Lte as we continue to lead you up to the NFL Draft. We've got plenty to talk about today in a loaded show for you, so we're not gonna waste a whole lot of time.
Speaker 3: We've got Bobby Belt.
Speaker 2: Brian brought us back in the fold here on this Thursday, Aisha Morrison and Nick Harris. I'm Kyle Yeomans with Chris Beam in the back. So, Brian, you said you couldn't miss a show.
Speaker 4: Could miss show? You were still on vacation. I was in California. Watch the show Tuesday. You guys did the hell of a job. Uh my business wrapped up and got back on a plane last night. And yes, I could not miss this show. And I love the conversation that we had. I was waiting at the airport and we were fired texts at each other. I love the passion and I think this is going to be a hell of a show today sixty three days their scout, lady gee?
Speaker 3: Or that you ready to roll? Yeah? You're muted?
Speaker 2: Down there a strike one for for Aisha Morrison in the draft show this year.
Speaker 5: Down like three like that?
Speaker 3: Is it still muted?
Speaker 6: I want it?
Speaker 3: I didn't press any buttons. I don't know what's going on in the solar flare. It's the solar flare. That's what it's getting us too, Is it there?
Speaker 7: Now?
Speaker 3: You sound better? Nice?
Speaker 5: Anybody come to see you?
Speaker 3: What were you gonna say?
Speaker 8: I was no.
Speaker 5: I was saying, is it's sneaking up on us fast?
Speaker 8: But the dope things that combines next week, and that's gonna put things in formation for us so we can live our lives and start getting our boards together.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know who's been putting their wards together.
Speaker 2: And he sent me a text message last night he said, don't worry, I'm caught up. Now that's Bobby Belt coming almost back. I would consider seventy plus players caught.
Speaker 9: Out by now that's close enough. It's not up to Brian yet.
Speaker 3: What are you at Brian, I'm right over one hundred and twenty five. Okay, that not cut but I was.
Speaker 9: He was at like eighty and I think it was at like ten at one point. So we're gonna cut through.
Speaker 3: Who's the best player you watched this week? The best player watched this week was probably man. I don't know the wide receiver from Oregon. No, not the wide re from Moregan. Probably.
Speaker 9: I mean, I really like klen Bullet. I know, I know not everybody else does. Like I mean, I was talking to Zach about him last night, and Zach is just like, Nope, got to move in the corner.
Speaker 3: He's too thin, he's not physical enough. The usc kid, right, yeah, the USCA.
Speaker 4: You know what, It's funny because you say that, and uh, there was a discussion. Daniel Jeremiah had the discussion and I tweeted at him about it.
Speaker 3: I think Daniel's got me on mute.
Speaker 4: I think he follows me, but he got me on mute because he didn't answer back.
Speaker 3: He's usually pretty good about it. He's just really really busy.
Speaker 4: But we were talking about that that people were trying to kind of figure out where to play him. Nickel corner corner. You know the kids has incredible range, he really really does. And he's got ball skills too. The problem is, though you watch there's the tackling that occasionally.
Speaker 3: Will be a little bit hit and miss with him.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I just think true, like I mean, he's a legitimate center fielder like that. To me, that's the thing that I like about him. Obviously he's not He's got the questions about the physicality, the size. He's very thin, but I think just overall long, lean, everything else like that, But he is somebody who I just think his ability and coverage and the way that he sees things and the way he can cover with range, that to me is just really valuable. And I understand that the limitations are there not to be you know, a box safety, but to me, he's just he's the opposite of somebody that you would talk about like Tyler Neuman or one of these other box at safeties, where this is a guy who can actually play centerfield, which I think is a little more valuable into today's game than you know, what the strong safeties are doing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so you think he's a true free.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, I think he can play free.
Speaker 3: I put him in my free category.
Speaker 5: I mean, that's what I was about to say.
Speaker 8: I mean, and to your point, Bobby, I do think there is values different depending on schame. There is value to having a guy that can really take away, you know, the deep threat at a serious level, also take some pressure off your corners.
Speaker 5: I would do it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And we may talk a little bit more about Kalyn Bullock here in a little bit as well, because we've got some We've got some segments piece together one, two, three, We've got three really fun ones for you today, and we're gonna start things off. Brian brought this up in our group message, a little stand or move, and we've got some players that we want to throw out here. Every person has had a player that they would either have at a Cowboys pick.
Speaker 3: Doesn't have to be a first rounder, right correct.
Speaker 2: So at this point you would say, would you rather stay in and pick the player based off of the prospect that's available, or maybe move out and go out and pull the parachute back up, trade up or trade back? I should say to get out of the spot. So Nick, I'll let you start things off. You had we threw around four hundred names I felt like last night in our group message, but Nick, I'll let you start.
Speaker 10: Yeah, we're gonna start this one off with Tyler Newman, the safety out of Minnesota. Just talking about him. He a second ago. We've talked about him on this show so much, I feel like in the last couple of weeks, but this is a situation where I want to emphasize it. He has a good combine next week and he jumps up and he's that clear number one safety on the board, and there's kind of an overarching conclusion and that he is that guy. He's available at twenty four. Your offensive line options they're gone. This is the guy that the draft room wants to look at and take right here. What do you do?
Speaker 3: What do you do? Brian?
Speaker 4: He's the best safety in the country to me. And you know what, the thing now that we have to determine and we got a new defensive coordinator, and how important is the ability to the interchangeable parts. I think this is a very interchangeable player, I really really do. I love the way he plays down hill, I love the way he covers, I love the way he plays with range. I do think this is the best safety in the country. I'm standing I'm standing in and picking the player.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you think so as well.
Speaker 8: It's hard for me to wrap my mind around the fact that like safety is could be a need, but it's like not a but.
Speaker 4: And if you're wiped out as your offensive lineman, uh okay, when you say wiped out in your offensive lineman, all our sinners are the out of the picture right.
Speaker 10: Now, Zach Fraser's on the board.
Speaker 4: Okay, see now that's the name I'm gonna I know that maybe we're gonna get to that was a game my throw at you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but I would.
Speaker 8: I also will ask last year, when was the first safety taken?
Speaker 3: Second round? I thought, let me go back, was it Brian Branch?
Speaker 5: I think it was Brian. I think it was Brian.
Speaker 3: If it's Brian Branch, I was thirty one.
Speaker 5: No, I'm only asking you because we have we've seen the safety position kind of.
Speaker 3: I saw him safety safety or a corner forty five.
Speaker 8: Yeah, So okay, because that's that's why I'm asking, because I feel like safety has been this position. That's the last couple of years. You see a lot of guys fall about the first round now, so I just.
Speaker 4: I know my personal opinion is this defense needs to get better up the middle. Talking know it, and if it means grabbing one of these you know, defensive tackles from Texas, Grabbing that linebacker from Michigan every close years kind of a thing. Grabbing a safety from Minnesota, get better up the middle of this defense, right, you know, Mike Zimber will figure things out.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: I just the interchangeable pieces with Nubid. If you give me the opportunity to draft Nube to me, that's a first round grade on my board. There's a certain round I'm gonna have probably twenty twenty one to twenty four first round grades, you know, depending on what medicals and all that shake.
Speaker 3: Nuba is going to be one of those guys.
Speaker 4: You're letting me pick him inside my range of really first round grades.
Speaker 2: By the way, Brian Branch forty five last year, if you don't want to consider him a true safety, jar Tavius Martin was drafted by Washington at forty seven. So and I can see the comments already of this team would never draft a safety in the first round, which I can see that already on Twitter on whatever.
Speaker 3: But that could be the case. But he's a first round right, she said, give me somebody that can help corners.
Speaker 4: You know, give me somebody that you don't have to worry about the ball going over the head, or you know, a physical player.
Speaker 3: You know this guy.
Speaker 4: He's a big hitter, he can cover, he's got range. There's a lot to like. This guy is a difference maker. I will argue that with anybody in a room. You know, if you tell me all the offensive linemen are gone, with the exception of Fraser. Now, I'm I know how bad I want a center. I mean, trust me, I'm going to jump two size fourteen's up on this table to get a center.
Speaker 3: But you know what, this kid right here makes.
Speaker 4: Me think a little little bit about how you know how much better we could be with this type of player on our defense.
Speaker 10: Yeah, you talk about his ability to come up from that third level and be able to impact the play from into the backfield. I mean, he's a guy that affects all eleven players on the field. He's a guy that can kind of be the quarterback of the defense too later in his career. This is the guy you want in the locker room. This is the guy you want on a field. He's a guy that will start day one wherever.
Speaker 5: He lands before we transition. Quick question, when is Mollie Cooker's How long is his?
Speaker 3: He's got one more year later.
Speaker 9: It was a two year deals that last offseason.
Speaker 3: Yeah, who's two year deal?
Speaker 8: So I mean I think that means it does it does him growing into you know, being that quarterback if necessary.
Speaker 4: I'm trying not to let Mollie Cooker affect me and end up taking.
Speaker 3: A really good player.
Speaker 4: Yes, I know this organization has been hunting, hunting a guy like number twenty eight, that used to player Darren Woodson type of a player.
Speaker 3: His kid's got some of those traits.
Speaker 4: He doesn't have the maybe or the quickness, but the way he attacks people, I would say that that you're starting to there's some there's some similarities here.
Speaker 3: See I don't know.
Speaker 9: I think when and I don't want to be wet blanket guy all day to day. But for me, Nuban, like I think Newban's really really good and I think Nuban does everything really well. I think he's really smart. I think a lot of the questions about like long speed or some of those things, I think he can make up with it just with just how like high IQ he is and how quick his recognition is, but like I do wonder just a little bit. The question for me is like with the range, I know there is some range there, but to me it's like I think he's a little tight in some of his transitions. I don't know how quickly he turns he gets back. I don't know how well that's going to play at the next level. To me, I think he's like if you want to look at a much better player, I think, much better potential here. But to me, it's the same sort of things with Donovan Wilson, where in terms of being able to play things in front of him, not necessarily being able to play things behind him, like to have that Range's.
Speaker 3: The instincts at all with Donovan Wilson. No, like I said, I don't.
Speaker 9: Better player, but I think same sort of thing of plays better with the passing in front of him rather than covering deep. I don't think he's center field. To me, I don't think he's just a box safety. But I don't think he's just I don't think he's a pure like. I don't think he's got that center field range ability. His IQ is really high. He's able to compensate for some of that get into position that way. But I just I see tightness at times with him. I don't see the long speed. I just wonder about how that plays at the next level.
Speaker 2: Where would you play him if you had one spot and you had to pigeonhole him into a spot.
Speaker 9: I mean he's he's more of a strong I think that's how I view Hi's more of a strong safety. But I don't think he's like completely in capable. I just I want to see the testing of the combine for sure. I want to see how he's doing, like I want to see what the three cone looks like. I want to see what some of the forty stuff looks like, the ten yard splits. I want to see that explosiveness from him for sure.
Speaker 3: Where would you play him, Brian, I play M Free.
Speaker 4: I think he's I think he's I say free, and he's an interchangeable player to me.
Speaker 3: He's six two, he's two ten. You know he plays downhill.
Speaker 4: I've seen him cover, I've seen him carry, I've seen him play in trail positions.
Speaker 3: You know, this guy's This guy's.
Speaker 4: Much better player than some of us are getting credit for.
Speaker 3: This is a good one. Nick to start off a lot of stay or trade back. Are we picking the player?
Speaker 2: I know you guys are picking Bobby orre you trading out? You're trading out.
Speaker 5: I mean in the first round.
Speaker 3: This is first at twenty four. Yeah, decisions, decisions. Would you pick them?
Speaker 10: Yeah, I'm picking them at twenty four. I think if you can get a guy that can come in first year, you're expecting jay Ron Curse to probably be out of the equation. If you're taking a safety here in the first round, that's a guy that can work in with Mollie Cooker and Donovan Wilson this season, and then if you want to move on from Ellie Cooker the year after next, then you have a guy that can take over center field. In my equation, I know I mentioned it on the show a couple of weeks ago, but I put a marker right on the center of my computer and I just looked at hit the radius of where he covers on the field, and it's it's it's impressive to me. I think you can cover anywhere on the field. I think I understand where you're coming from, though, Bobby, whenever you're talking about him covering things behind him. But I think whenever you look at Big ten offenses and what they were specializing to do. I don't think he necessarily had to do that as often when he was tested, though, I think you're right. I think it is just a lack of experience there. I think a couple of years in the league. I trust his abilities as instincts a to be able to cover that eventually once he gets well accustomed to the league.
Speaker 3: And I think.
Speaker 2: I'm with this edge of the table just because I don't know what the rest of the board looks like, and if my offensive line is dried up, I would be very, very inclined.
Speaker 3: To trade out.
Speaker 2: But he's a first round graded player on my board, and in terms of window dressing the board and not window dressing it, I'm gonna stay in and pick.
Speaker 3: You're gonna make me pick between him and a center.
Speaker 4: That's gonna be a hard thing for me to do because I know how damn important center is here.
Speaker 3: You know That's that I mean? Now?
Speaker 4: Is he is he? Am I going to pick him over the Oregon Center? Probably not? Am I going to pick him maybe over at the West Virginia Center. Fraser, Now we're now we're and maybe even the maybe even the Duke potential center as well. So I you know, I'm was Barton available.
Speaker 10: It's up to you, guys. I don't know that.
Speaker 3: If he's available, I think I'm taking Barton.
Speaker 10: And I was throwing this equation in with the with the idea that the offensive lineman that you would have liked to take it twenty four going into the draft, they're all gone here. So if bar and one of those guys said he's out of it, do you.
Speaker 4: Have another position that you would take other than what we're looking at right now?
Speaker 3: I mean you're looking at the linebackers.
Speaker 4: Are any of these linebackers better than what we're talking about right now?
Speaker 3: With Nuban that.
Speaker 8: You like, I think it will be closed as far as Nuben goes. I do think it depends on schematically what you think that Zim is going to be thrown out there as well?
Speaker 2: Though, Yeah, well he wants interchangeable safeties.
Speaker 3: He fits that mold.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Do you like him better than said the Texas A and M linebacker? Right now? He driank Cooper Cooper? Yes, Nuban over Cooper? Yes? Oh yeah.
Speaker 2: I have a second round grade on Cooper and I have a first round grade on new Aisha.
Speaker 8: I'm just safety. Safety is is something I'm struggling with period in this draft.
Speaker 3: See, okay, you're not seeing it. You don't feel like you're seeing him.
Speaker 5: See I see him. I see him. I have all the those that you guys have said about him. I'm just for me.
Speaker 8: I'm still I'm still debating on where he falls. Is he's a first round pick or early early second.
Speaker 4: So we're gonna have to We're gonna have we would have to convince her to take a safety.
Speaker 3: At twenty four.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it sounds like you're trading back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're moving.
Speaker 5: I'm just struggling with it.
Speaker 8: I think I think I still gotta you guys, maybe knows Zim a little bit better than what I do, but I'm still getting up to date on what he does. When you talk about inertrainable, yeah Zim, yeah Zimmer Reddick right, like, yeah, you talk about interchangeable, but what type of interchangeable? But I one thing I did right down for Newban is like, yo, his IQ is high. You see him baiting paiding quarterbacks. His zone awareness is there as well, so he does have the smarts to do it.
Speaker 2: I Yeah, I think Zimmer is also trying to figure out what type of scheme he's gonna play with.
Speaker 3: These players too.
Speaker 2: I don't think he really knows what's going I mean, he does know what's going on, but.
Speaker 5: To your point, to your point, you think he could.
Speaker 8: Be a guy that comes in and does Jaywan Curse esque stuff.
Speaker 10: No, I don't believe.
Speaker 6: So.
Speaker 10: I think his long term projection for me, I want him to be that free guy. I think he can play that Molly Cooker role tracking.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, Bobby, who's your player that you wanted to throw in for a little stay or trade.
Speaker 9: I'm sad Zach Walchuk's not here to try and fight and scream. But the name that I was thrown out there that I was looking at was Cooper Bebe in the second round.
Speaker 3: Because Kansas State. Yeah, I guard.
Speaker 9: Kansas State and a when you talk about really smart.
Speaker 3: Highest second round player, second round.
Speaker 9: Player, So when you talk about a really smart high IQ player, the mental processing, the sort of things that you want to see on the offensive line, where you're able to handle those games, those stunts, the other things like that, plays with a ton of power. There's a lot to like about him. The question for me would be in terms of the other aspect that you look at with bbe is is the athleticism there. You know he's got the short arms, he even and I know that doesn't matter as much on the interior, but guys have a tendency to get into his chest. Sometimes he's able to anchor and that that's you know, he's able to combat it a little bit there.
Speaker 3: But this is somebody for me that it's a need.
Speaker 9: In all likelihood, it's a good high IQ player.
Speaker 3: I just don't know.
Speaker 9: Do the athletic limitations leave you saying I'd rather bail out of there and see something else in the third.
Speaker 2: And of course this is saying you haven't taken this is not of line in the first So if we win a different direction, even a tackle just because he plays guard, no tackles in the first Yeah, okay, so you haven't done anything with your offensive line in this scenario. Do you take the guy mister Beebe in the second round?
Speaker 10: I think I'm picking him. I think I'm picking him. We've talked about his tenacity. I think I think there's enough violence there and I think there's enough experience there from Cooper Beby to where you can bring him in. I'm not sure if he's a year one starter. I think that's probably where you run into some issues. You also have to understand what you're going to be doing with Tyler Myth going into the draft to be comfortable to move him out to left tackle permanently, because that would be the idea. Cooper BB cannot play tackle, so you're throwing him in at either left guard or waiting a year or two and throwing him in at right guard if and win Zach Martin departs the Dallas Cowboys. So I think there's a lot of things you would have to play around with. There would be a lot of talking with the coaching staff, coach Salari to try to figure out what his best fit would be. But if that type of player is available there at what's fifty six, I'm taking them.
Speaker 2: What if the I've just got a simulator up and I'm playing around with possible trades. You could pick up a fourth to move back about ten spots, So you're moving back ten spots to pick up a fourth round pick that you don't have right now, by the way I've got so do you assume Cooper BB would still be on the board after those ten picks. No, he's gonna be gone. He's gonna be You got to stay in and either pick him or you're not gonna get them.
Speaker 8: But do we think that I'm asking some of these mid round guards or some players.
Speaker 10: Though, Yeah, but do you want a guy who can start a year two?
Speaker 5: I mean you just said you don't think he's gonna be a first year starter.
Speaker 10: Year two, year two? Do you think you have a guy here in Cooper BB that can start in year two? And if you want that type of guy, I think Cooper BB is probably one of your last options because under this equation, all those tackles that come out off in the first round and after about gosh, Patrick Paul, who I would have about tackle twelve, tackle eleven?
Speaker 7: Right now?
Speaker 10: Then you're really sorry.
Speaker 4: What you think about Poony from Kansas? Did you grade him as a tackle or a guard?
Speaker 10: I like him as a guard. His body his body type, I think is more an interior type of guy. But here I would still rather have Cooper BB. I think Bbe's better than what you have with Puny.
Speaker 4: Zinner too from is it Zenter from zach Zenter from Michigan. Yeah, I think see this is the problem I have none. I don't think any of these guards are very athletic, including BB.
Speaker 3: Yeah, including BB, I really really don't. And if you gave me a choice, I'm backing up.
Speaker 4: And if you gave me another choice of probably hitting a defensive tackle at the second round, I'm I'm trying to grab that Texas kid in the second.
Speaker 3: So you're out. I'm out if I have to.
Speaker 4: If I have to pick a guard in the second round of these guys i've currently seen, I mean, we've still got work we have to do on some guard. Maybe some guy comes from from the depths of nowhere, and it's like, well, wait a minute, there's a guard at Maryland that we haven't seen, or a guard at Indiana that we haven't seen.
Speaker 3: But I am I am out on a guard in the second round with this class.
Speaker 5: Okay, I'm scared of this.
Speaker 3: Say you're probably doing it early, right, Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm cool. I'm gonna pass on on man.
Speaker 3: Zach walchuk Is is just turning.
Speaker 2: He's listening to I guarantee he's listening. I'm waiting about thirty seconds.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna get to also too.
Speaker 8: I just I think about what the second round is for this team as well.
Speaker 5: And I'm like, it really depends on how.
Speaker 8: The board falls for these folks, because I'm gonna be extra worried.
Speaker 4: On Zach's already arguing with us. Had told you he said, he says it could beb place center. I wouldn't put it past him.
Speaker 5: What you think I was thinking about that when he was talking.
Speaker 10: About I think it's I think it's an option for sure, but I think he's a better guard long term. I think it's an option that you could throw center and see what if.
Speaker 2: You if you draft him and you've got both of your guards Tyler Smith and Zach Martin. Are you starting Cooper BB or brock Hoffman orj Bash?
Speaker 3: I would?
Speaker 8: I mean, we saw Connor Williams do it. He went to Miami and was successful. Was it has been successful as a center, and he had the baby arms and and.
Speaker 5: Some of the black athleticism.
Speaker 8: Williams well, he was talking about Bobby and so we have seen that happen.
Speaker 9: I mean, BB's got everything I see for Bebe says he's got the mental processing and the IQ to be able to play center. Like I mean to me again, it's just the question of playing on the interior in this modern game, what they asked you to do getting to the second level and stuff like that.
Speaker 3: Pull it.
Speaker 9: I just don't know that the athletics problem.
Speaker 3: He can't. I think I would.
Speaker 9: I would, I would bail on BB and I like, I think he's fine. But to me, I just take a fourth round him, take a fourth round pick and drop.
Speaker 3: Something.
Speaker 5: That fourth is.
Speaker 8: We talked about how rich the mid rounds are in this draft, like that fourth. Not having a fourth. Every time I think about it, it hurts me a little bit.
Speaker 10: What's worse not having a fourth or not having an offensive lineman that can step up and be ready to go.
Speaker 5: When Okay, okay, okay, but what do we what are you? Are you looking for a starter? Are you looking for a potential starter? There is that necessary right now to you?
Speaker 10: I think, so, okay, Well.
Speaker 3: You don't like TJ. Bass, then I do like TJ. Pass No. I think I think he is a don't think he could be a starter.
Speaker 10: I think he can be a starter, Yes, but I think you need another body in there in case he's not ready.
Speaker 3: He's about stop piling. The thing about it is.
Speaker 10: That death so bad? We've seen what that death did not do for them first year guard off offensive line.
Speaker 4: I just like I just like the Texas tackle defensive tackle Sweat.
Speaker 3: More than him. I just do you think he'd be available at fifty six? I think the second round would be. I think it's going to be close.
Speaker 2: But I have a higher grade on Sweat than I do on BB as well. If he's available, then I'm taking Sweat.
Speaker 10: Bucky Brooks had him at seventeen overall in a yeah.
Speaker 3: See, I just don't think he'll be there.
Speaker 5: Barnacles.
Speaker 10: That's what's tough. That's that's what that was wild to me because that's the hotel on that too. But I don't think it's beyond I don't think it's beyond the realm of imagination. I think you could see.
Speaker 4: You don't see him, Okay, you don't see him be getting to you. Then in the second round.
Speaker 10: Be shocked.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'd be shocked to Andre Sweat.
Speaker 8: Oh maybe I'd be shocked if he's doing if he tests well as well as.
Speaker 2: I'm not betting a half marathon on the guy, But if if he's there at fifty six, I would try and learn how to do a backflip like I mean it would be, because that's what I would want to do. If he's there at fifty six and he's taken, I would want to.
Speaker 3: Do a backflip. That's how excited i'd be. But I just I think he's too good of a player.
Speaker 10: I think I think I'm with you, though, Brian. If it's sweating BB on the board, I'm taking sweat. I just don't think he's there.
Speaker 5: That's fair because I do.
Speaker 4: There one of these linebackers there. What these linebackers there for you?
Speaker 10: You probably got a Peyton Wilson there.
Speaker 2: He probably got a Wilson's off the board. On this scenario that I've got just kind of I'm just rolling down.
Speaker 3: Uh, good question.
Speaker 10: Let's see uh click click Jeremonah Trotter Jr.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I was gonna say trot Let's say it's Trotter and Eikenberg.
Speaker 4: They would probably take Eikenberg because he's probably he's a bigger guy.
Speaker 2: Yes, Uh, Bullard's on the board. Chris Jenkins is on the board from Michigan.
Speaker 3: That's a three technique.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Uh, I mean nothing.
Speaker 3: Really, Colson Junior Colson's there. There's another Michigan lineback that would be fun.
Speaker 2: I am not opposed Braylan Trice from Washington's on the board.
Speaker 4: That's an edge that could really they could play both sides. Brook or orro from Clemson's getting better.
Speaker 3: People are starting to kind of get traction on him a little bit.
Speaker 5: Did you were you impressed with his type or are we talking about Roue wi ye?
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah it was it was Brian.
Speaker 10: But I think his getting off the ball is really impressive to me. I think he's violent at the point of attack.
Speaker 3: I like what he brings.
Speaker 10: I just don't know. I don't know here. Second round, I don't know here.
Speaker 3: Jeremiah Trotter Junior is there, from Clemson linebacker. I thought the problem is he's gonna be too short for these guys. I bet yeah, you think.
Speaker 5: They gonna taken They would take Aikenberg.
Speaker 4: Iikeenberg makes every single tackle if you watch the Ohio State tape the way I mean, I just I just kind of wonder. I wonder if people are gonna ding Trotter because he's six foot that's the that's.
Speaker 3: The thing, that's the that's the one. Trotter's a hell of a player.
Speaker 4: I mean, trust me, I could put again, both size fourteen's up on this table for a guy like that. But I just wonder here if they're going to take a six foot linebacker.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, I.
Speaker 10: Wonder if there's any any thought about Ivan Pace and what he did this past year and how many teams looked past.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah. Talking about Heisher reminds me of that every weekend.
Speaker 10: That was definitely one. I saw a redraft last week that had him going seventh overall, and I was like, huh, interesting.
Speaker 2: You should what would you or who is your player that you want to stay or trade?
Speaker 8: I if I'm not mistaken, I put in because we talked about it the other week.
Speaker 5: Brock Bowers tight end from George.
Speaker 2: Oh, so you've got a falling scenario. He falls to twenty four?
Speaker 5: Maybe, I think I think some people are. Didn't he have some injuries?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah? Uh maybe not injuries.
Speaker 10: No, he dealt with some banks and bruises, but nothing major.
Speaker 8: Okay, but no, okay, But no, I only say that just because you know, we were talking about the size and some of that stuff, and so I wonder if if there is a run on offensive lineman and all that stuff happens, we're tight end falls because I know that I feel like, who was the first one that went off the board last year?
Speaker 7: Was it?
Speaker 3: Last year? Was Adulton or right ahead of Dallas?
Speaker 8: And it took a little second and to our standard last year, the tight ends were it was quite.
Speaker 5: A few in there last year.
Speaker 8: So to me, yeah, absolutely, So to me, I do think just because of the position and just kind of how it's not how it's valued, but just kind of how things happen, maybe he could fall I like.
Speaker 3: What she's saying here, what do you think?
Speaker 10: I think here though, if you have brock Bowers on the board, you're going to see a team get really aggressive to try to trade up there, and that's they could probably give you a third And if that's the case, I'm trading back because you don't.
Speaker 3: Need to so it's a third round pick in this scenario, is trade back.
Speaker 4: It will he be the best player on the board on your Yeah? But he okay, so we're assuming he will be the best player on Dallas's board too, right, YEA?
Speaker 3: Barring whatever reason he's falling.
Speaker 5: I mean it could be Bobby cannot take any words.
Speaker 9: No, No, I mean, I like, honestly twenty four and me, if you're telling me I can get Brock Bauers, a guy who, like for all the hype over the years of Kyle Pitts and you know, Vernon Davis and Noah fan or whoever they've had, t J. Hawkinson, just the different tight ends that have been thrown out there. I've never seen a tight end basically single handedly win a big time college football game like I did with Brock Bowers against Auburn. I'm like, I mean, he is. He is such a game changer. And if you're telling me he's sitting there at twenty four, if I'm sitting there at eleven, I'm probably taking Brock bars like I don't like, forget a slide, Like if he slides down to twenty four, I'm running and laughing and verifying with the league that something didn't happen.
Speaker 3: Do it back? Yeah?
Speaker 9: Absolutely, I'll run the marathon this year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, anybody, I got it, it was done.
Speaker 9: That to me is the tight end version of Ceede Lambfeld You but.
Speaker 4: Any that's that's a good I agree with you. Any any anybody interested in holding Kansas City up at thirty two.
Speaker 3: For some stuff holding them up? What do you mean trading back to thirty two and having them come get him. Yeah, get but maybe maybe.
Speaker 4: They maybe they look at him in such a way that they see so much value there that you could hold them up for multiple picks.
Speaker 9: Yeah, you want to be the you want to be the team that traded away from Travis Kelcey though potentially.
Speaker 3: No, that's that's something we have to think about. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean I'm just swd it out there. I'm trying to get what you find a team I brought this up. You find a team that is absolutely seeing a guy slide and they they're and now they're willing to put three or maybe two to three of their premium assets out there for you to get. When you picked back up you know, you pick back up your three at three, you pick back up a four. Now it's at the bottom of the board, but you're you're you're now you're picking at your spot and you're picking at Kansas City spot in this and saying the second round or the excuse me, uh, at.
Speaker 3: One, at at three, and at four along with your spots.
Speaker 10: Look with that, I'm taking that in this draft. I'm taking that because I feel like you're gonna need those middle round those middle round fans you would love to be able to pick up a couple of them. I think it's worth it. If if Jake Ferguson did not have a year that he had last year, I probably wouldn't entertain it as much.
Speaker 3: But I think this is a guy that's gonna be a perennial pro bowler. So I'm not.
Speaker 10: I'm not concerned about the tight end position. If I was concerned about the position, then yes, but I'm not. Unfortunately, I'd have to let brock Powers go and it would hurt me. It would hurt my soul. Brock Bowers is still in Kansas City.
Speaker 2: He'll end up dating like Olivia Rodrigo down somebody like it'll be it'll be great for that tight end room.
Speaker 3: That's a good name though, That is a good name.
Speaker 4: That makes you it because you're right, it's got that seedy lamb factor.
Speaker 5: Good that was done.
Speaker 3: This. This would be ninety four and one two.
Speaker 4: So give me, give me, give me my picks. You're flipping spots. We're going to thirty two.
Speaker 3: So you're dropping eight spots. Give me my spot. Where am I at in in the second round?
Speaker 11: Uh?
Speaker 3: You are at cav right? Fifty six? Yeah, fifty six Okay, where I'm not going to probably get there two, but I'm going to get maybe they're three and their four. Yeah it would be.
Speaker 9: Or actually it was one spot later to ninety five and one thirty three.
Speaker 4: So ninety five and one thirty three to go along with what else do I have? Thirty two fifty six, give me my third.
Speaker 3: Round pick, third round pick eighty eight seven eighty seven. Okay, here we go, guys.
Speaker 4: We're looking at thirty two fifty six eighty seven ninety five, one thirty three. Give me the one before one thirty three.
Speaker 3: M Is I gotta scam them. That's a Dallas pick. No, that's uh, it's San Francisco.
Speaker 4: Okay, there you go, right there, we make this trade. We go to thirty two, and we get Kansas City to give us their three and their four. We got thirty two fifty six eighty seven ninety five one thirty three.
Speaker 9: And that's it's an entire draft that's about even on the trade value chart that jump. So I mean, if you wanted to sprinkle with Ryan, like hold them hostage for extra like, hey, this is a normal trade value.
Speaker 3: You're not just coming up to take this. You're coming to get Bowers.
Speaker 9: And we know you want them, so you got to throw the one more.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I to me next year, Yeah to me, just ask for the first thing.
Speaker 9: I mean, all they can do is say no.
Speaker 4: It would be hard for me to trade away from Bowers, it really really would.
Speaker 3: But man, you got my attention.
Speaker 4: We got my attention right now in this draft at thirty two fifty six eighty seven ninety five one thirty three.
Speaker 3: You got my attention.
Speaker 2: That's what it would take to get even in the conversation. Yeah, and you may have to sprinkle a little bit more.
Speaker 3: And over tea. I've got my own picks.
Speaker 4: But when I when I line up my picks with the picks they're given, I'm about the wreck shop here a little bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because you get the middle of each round and the back half of each trank, and you get to split it all up and you're picking.
Speaker 3: I could keep moving these picks too.
Speaker 9: I want to what if they don't want to give you to What if they say not there, you don't get no, no, but we'll give you two so you get the better pick, but you don't.
Speaker 3: Get them, so it just take just take their second round so it be thirty two and sixty four, thirty two, sixty four, still picking a fifty six. What's fifty six?
Speaker 9: So you go thirty two to fifty six sixty four, and then you're picking again at eighty seven.
Speaker 2: I think it's less fun, but that's probably more beneficial and more productive from a tame standpoint pick.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a huge if.
Speaker 4: I if we make this trade, though, can I can I count on you guys to give me a guy at thirty two, a guy at fifty six, and the guy at sixty four.
Speaker 2: Well it brock Bowers is already trade and he's already fallen to twenty four. He can follow the thirty two Just kidding now, I mean they're trade enough to go get the game.
Speaker 8: I know that a lot of people don't think that's possible, but I was just looking at the offensive lineman, all the.
Speaker 5: Tackles, all the receivers, quarterbacks, all the quarterbacks.
Speaker 8: Yeah, this whide receiver a class is crazy. This tackle class is one of the best we've seen.
Speaker 2: You can load up your team to win now, especially with a second round pick. That's a guy who could start for you, or at least you think could start for you.
Speaker 3: Wolchuck says, give me the picks.
Speaker 10: Yeah, there's so many.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, I mean you're gambling on is more. It's more less risk and more reward from doing it that way.
Speaker 3: All right, Ye, no, that was good. It's good. You did exactly what you were supposed to do.
Speaker 2: All right, We've got to take our first break when we come back, though, we've got.
Speaker 3: Some more mock scenarios. This time.
Speaker 2: We're gonna look at free agency and take a look at what free agency could look like and how it affects the positional value moving forward toward the NFL Draft. More of the draft show coming up right after this.
Speaker 7: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, and they snapped.
Speaker 3: The press down. Who looks right, it's not there. He escaped flaft. He'll look for a first down.
Speaker 7: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 2: Prescot's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 7: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader. They've got you covered. What are you waiting for? Get started at blockchain dot com.
Speaker 6: I'm Darren Woodson, former Dallas Cowboy player and Super Bowl champion. When I played in the NFL at a high level, I relied on my vision to see the field. As I started getting older, I noticed my vision wasn't as good and I was getting frustrated from wearing my glasses all day. I went to Lasercare Eye Center and Doctor G talked about all the options. Thanks to technology and Laser Care Eye Center, I can see near far in between. Don't fumble your vision any long. Visit them at dfwis dot com and tell them Darren sent you.
Speaker 3: They got me back on my game.
Speaker 12: In a stressful world. Lincoln provides balance and calm amidst the chaos by creating sanctuaries that move you through the world with ease. Our vehicles make your time richer and more uplifting with human centric design, intelligent technology, and powerful performance. As the official luxury vehicle of the Dallas Cowboys, driving a Lincoln is just another way to show your team pride. Experience our full lineup of luxury vehicles, including the Corsair Aviator, Navigator and nnilists at Lincoln dot Com.
Speaker 11: Hi, I'm Danny mccraig, Dallas Cowboys alumni player here with Smoothie King and SMOOTHI King wants to ask you, what's that sound. That's the sound of us magically transforming our smoothie bowls into two new decadent flavors. Dig into a cool Issae or Pataya bowl handcrafted with crunchy purely Elizabeth Rinola fresh strawberries and finished with the velvety chocolate hazel nut drizzle. Perfect for breakfast, lunch, or anytime you want to munch. And that's the sound of you making them disappear. Smoothie bowls now in two new decadent flavors only as Smoothie King. The official Smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 1: Is the Dallascowboys dot Com Draft Shop.
Speaker 2: Back here on the Draft Show, presented by Miller Lite Taste that you can depend on. This segment is brought to you by your Texas Ford Dealers Forward is the best in Texas. Ayusha Morrison, Brian Bradis, Nick Harris, Bobby Belt.
Speaker 3: I'm Kyle Yeomans.
Speaker 2: Glad you're with us here on this Thursday. All right, Nick, you've got some scenarios. This is this is interesting because of course every year we talk about wait until free agency things.
Speaker 3: Start to roll and the domino start the fall.
Speaker 2: You've got a mock free agency that would allow us to talk about positional value. We're gonna go through the first, second, and third rounds and how he could change based off of what happens in free agency for the Cowboys. So start things off, what did they do in free agency?
Speaker 10: Yeah, you said sixty three days until the draft, that's what it is. You got nineteen until free agency. So we're getting ready to rock here. So God, under this scenario that's coming up fast. It is coming up fast, Marshal eleventh is fastly approaching. But basically what we're doing here is we're gonna have a mock free agency. Basically, we're gonna predict what the Cowboys free agent see will look like here in the next month or so, and then we're going to kind of talk as a group as our draft strategy kind of changes off of that. So free agents retained that were on the team last year. You bring back Jonathan Haggens at defensive tackle. You bring back Tyron Smith on a team friendly one year deal. You get him back in the building, and you get Jordan Lewis, but you can't get Stefan Gilmour. He wanted a little bit more than when you were comfortable with paying for him. But you get Jordan Lewis free agents signed outside of the building, you get linebackers sees Alsha here, it's a run stopper. You bring him in. You can put him in that second level. He's durable. You get an edge rusher and aj Epanessas and Storn's Armstrong's probably out the building, Dante Fowlers out the building, and then you get Zach Moss at running back. Do you need an extra corner? You have no Biatish, you have no j Ron curse. And under this scenario, Jackson powers Johnson has gone at twenty four.
Speaker 2: As well, So okay, And in this scenario that means Tony Pollard's not back either.
Speaker 3: Bring up Zach Moss. You do not have Tony Pollard.
Speaker 10: Correct, and you do not have of your backup running back from from there is Deuce Vaughan Elite Davis And.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because Rico Dautll's gone too, right, huh Yeah, Okay, So there's the situation at hand.
Speaker 3: Do you want to run through it one more time? Yeah?
Speaker 10: So, free agents retain Jonathan Hankins, Tyron Smith, Jordan Lewis. Free agents signed a sez Al Shahir aj Apanessa, Zach Moss, and jpj is gone at twenty four.
Speaker 3: What are your initial thoughts on that, Bobby?
Speaker 9: My initial thought on that off seasons I'm thrilled to get al Shah here. That's gets a big, one, massive boost to your linebacker corp. I don't love saying goodbye to Gilmore, obviously, I think I think this building wouldn't love saying goodbye to Gilmore. But I also recognize that they're gonna look at it and say, like, the money's gotta work, the money's got to make sense. Look, you you bring Tyron back, you don't feel like you're necessarily, you know, handcuffed into gott to pick an offensive lineman. And that's Dallas's approach every free agent period. It feels like is let's cover our bases, create contingencies, and then pick how we need to pick going into this thing. So, oh, Rob mean, I think this would be largely a pretty positive offseason leading into the draft. Especially, like I said, if I can get alshe year, I'm thrilled with that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a next level player that you haven't had at that second level in a long time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you get Jonathan Hankins back too, So you're talking about improving.
Speaker 3: Brian brought it up earlier.
Speaker 2: Fix the middle of your defense, straight up and down all three levels. You need something in the middle of your defense. You've got the first two levels taken care of, but you might have taken a hit from a cornerback standpoint.
Speaker 3: Jordan Lewis in the slot.
Speaker 2: You've got two guys Toron Bland Trayvon Diggs that can play the boundary. But then after that, where does your depth look like in terms of the cornerback position.
Speaker 3: It doesn't look tremendous.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean, I think bringing back Jay lou is kind of important here, especially with what he was able to do at the nickel and come in and also too, I do think that nickel is far more It's a little bit more complicated than playing that boundary. If you are going to bring a young guy in here, you need him to perform. Putting him out there on the boundary is a little bit less stressful than putting him in the nickel right now. So I think bringing him back, I think that's a low key, high key important part of what's going on. It definitely would like Al say says ye say.
Speaker 5: Al sha Al Shayer, Okay, thank you so much.
Speaker 8: As far as Espinosasa, we've we saw.
Speaker 5: Him do some good things from this. He plays he played like a little crazy person as well. How does he help you in run defense?
Speaker 10: Yeah, that's that's the question that you have to be comfortable with. I think that's where SiZ Asha here comes in comes in the equation. I mean absolutely defendering that second level. You also bring back Jonathan Hankins, so you had your comfortable for your comfortable in run defense, but you also know that this is probably not building for the future. I think this scenario gives the Cowboys a little bit more flexibility for a to be able to kind of build past twenty twenty four and also be uh be able to pick best player available at twenty boom.
Speaker 3: You hit it right on the head.
Speaker 4: That's it, because what's happening is you let me pick my center and now I'm just picking the best players is what I'm doing. I'm trying to find I'm navigating this thing. I've got my linebacker, I got my edge, I got my running back, I got my defensive tackle, I got an offensive tackle. I got my nickel corner back. Okay, so now if I can find my center, I'll be in good shape.
Speaker 3: There.
Speaker 4: Now you're letting me pick everything else off my board. That I like, you're gonna let me pick my stack, and that your stack ends up coming a little bit more of your depth, and maybe the depth turns into actual starting players.
Speaker 3: This type of free agency sets you up for the best draft that you could have.
Speaker 8: In my opinion, I like getting the running back in the free agency free agency as well.
Speaker 5: If you are going to get a.
Speaker 8: Running back, I don't think that there we talked about it. This running back class isn't as rich as the other one, but there are some guys in these middle rounds that can be a good guy to accompany with the veteran running back and be able to get after in the backfield.
Speaker 2: Brian, you brought up earlier how this guard and center class you've got some guys heavy up front.
Speaker 3: You mentioned Fraser from West Virginia.
Speaker 2: Is that if JPJ is gone in this scenario, he is, are you comfortable taking Fraser in the or are you taking BP a best player on your board, whoever's there at twenty four, and then hoping somebody falls to you in the rounds two three after that?
Speaker 3: You know what I'm gonna.
Speaker 4: I know I'm gonna gonna be in a fistfight with you guys over this one, And I'm okay with that because that's what we do. We get in a room and we kind of beat each other up about this stuff. I'm gonna I'm gonna I'm gonna let you fight me on Graham Barton over Fraser. Okay, I'm gonna let you see. I'm gonna you know, I'm gonna let the room win on that one. Maybe you guys don't think enough of Fraser like I do. Maybe you think Barton's a better player. But if if our Oregon center's gone and I have to go get a center, I might lean towards taking Fraser over Barton, And I don't know if the room feels that way about it. So I'm interested to hear what you guys have to say about Barton over Fraser. Fraser over Barton. You might not like either one of these guys, But I was just curious of what the room might think if if we had to go get a center and our Oregon Center's gone.
Speaker 10: I like the idea because you've seen what Zach Fraser has done at Center. You see how he was able to help that offense. From a pre snap perspective as well, you don't really know what you can get out of that. From Gramm Barton, here's being firing of the Zach Fraser highlights. But I love what he does right there in the middle. He creates that pocket and allows the quarterback to be able to move around and do what he does best. And I think that's a really important for where Dak Prescott is going towards in his career. From Graham Barton's perspective, you would have to move him into center, and you would have to spend those first couple of weeks of training camp just getting him right with the basics and then kind of working him into where you think he could be a long term now whose ceiling is eventually higher on the back end, I think that's probably where I would probably maybe lean Barton, but you don't really know what that looks like until you get him in the building and you get him working at center. I think it's a valid, valid thing to bring up. Do you worry about Fraser's leg at all?
Speaker 5: That's what I was going to ask.
Speaker 10: I don't because you see the toughness from him. I'm not worried of it. But I think it's something to bring up, and we'll obviously know more next week.
Speaker 4: Where medicals Where Fraser got my attention is when you watch the Texas game and we know what those those two guys deal with inside of Texas well and Murphy and he is and he's he's handling that. You know, he's handling that. And I'm sitting there thinking like, if this guy's dealing with these two cats right now here West Virginia playing Texas, he could deal with a lot of guys in the National Football League that are probably not as good as that.
Speaker 3: And he may not win every battle, but he's not going to lose anything. He doesn't lose the round.
Speaker 2: He doesn't go backwards into the pocket. That's the number one thing I saw with Fraser. The one thing here it's like, like you said, if we're talking best player available at twenty four, are you drafting for.
Speaker 3: Win now or are you drafting for ceilings?
Speaker 4: See, that's where this is where I'm at right now, because maybe Fraser's not for everybody at twenty four, you know, and to me that might be a completely wiped out situation.
Speaker 3: You know, maybe that's the trade back. Maybe that's the trade.
Speaker 4: Back to can It's a city at thirty two that all of a sudden, you grab Fraser, you grab Barton, but you grab those pigs too, you know. So I'm not I'm just asking you. I'll go with the room because I like Barton. I like Barton.
Speaker 3: How did that? I'm stacked? Are they two three in your interior? Yeah? Jackson powers, Johnson's one Fraser Barton. That's kind of how I would That's how I would look at it right now. But if the room shot me down, I'm not going to be mad. I'm not going to be mad.
Speaker 9: I I agree with Nick. I think the upside's on Barton. But like I think that's where upside is between these two. But if you're telling me like Sturdy Stable, I know, like I'm getting a good player. I know you know the high floor.
Speaker 3: I know you hate the floor on the Salem Brian. But because I don't understand it. The high floor guy.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 9: To me, that's Fraser because if you know, to me, I think when you look at the trades with him, Fraser's obviously got I think good power. He can you know, move guys in the right game. But otherwise everything else to me kind of looks athletically. The athletic tricks are kind of average across the board. But what you want in that center position is you do want competitive toughness, you want high IQ and I think he has both of those. He's gonna fight. And once you lose when Tyler Biattish leaves in free agency, is you lose one of your glass eaters in this on this football team, you need a guy who's gonna, you know, get in the mix and you know, get into scraps, stand up for your guys, you know, set the tone in terms of physicality and toughness and stuff like that. And I think that's definitely Frasier. And so to me, I would lean Fraser. I would definitely look to trade back though.
Speaker 3: Okay, see, okay, I'm gonna ask you this question though.
Speaker 4: The problem that you have currently at center, or you've had, is you have the glass eater, but you don't have the athlete.
Speaker 3: That's the problem. Somebody at center has got to be smart, tough and cut the defense in half. We need that guy. We need that guy. We need the guy. It's gonna play second level. And maybe Hill it's BB. Maybe maybe excuse me, maybe all of a sudden, it's BB. Maybe BB can play center.
Speaker 4: Maybe you know, I kind of seems a push shoved guy myself, but he can play second level.
Speaker 3: You know, he is massive.
Speaker 4: But Dallas has lacked the ability to secure down since Travis is Travis Frederick left here.
Speaker 3: You can't get to the you can't secure the three, and you can't get the guy up on the on the backer.
Speaker 4: So we got to figure that out. You know, we got whoever, if it's Frasier, if it's Barton, we damn know it's that it. We damn know its powers.
Speaker 3: Johnson.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, we got to figure that out in this scenario. I know Tyron Smith's back on a I'm assuming a one year, two year ago, one year, very quick deal. Uh yeah, a team friendly deal is what Nick you laid it out to be. Are you still considering a tackle here in this free agency class and based off of the draft class that you're having in twenty four.
Speaker 3: I know you can. You can go and get you a center. And if you know that's what I'm saying, I'm opening this thing up up.
Speaker 4: As long as we make sure that some way we navigate in my it's my scouting view, we navigate the center. You guys can convince me of anything else, you know, I'm I'm going to fight every time it's our turn.
Speaker 3: I'm going to look at that center stack and I'm gonna say what.
Speaker 4: About that guy who's gonna and I'm gonna make guy you should say, no, I got a defensive tackle, or I've got a wide receiver, or I've got a guard that's better. You know, I'm gonna make somebody tell me to go away from that. And now again I trust the room.
Speaker 9: I mean, I'm finally here's the problem with that. The biggest problem with the off season the way I see it laid out, and this is the way.
Speaker 3: I don't think this is bad.
Speaker 9: I think I think this is I think this is as positive an off season as you can have, to be honest, But like in general, you're gonna probably heading to the drafting like your deficient somewhere you're gonna feel your deficient at center. That's one, and then the other aspect is you're probably still feeling like you're lacking at safety.
Speaker 3: So I don't know.
Speaker 9: Is it like something where I mean, you got we're all on board with Nuban. If is Nuban there at twenty four? Is that what you're asking yourself, Nuban Frasier that kind of thing?
Speaker 3: Or do you just tackles Fraser Nuban? To me, maybe that's what it is.
Speaker 7: Like.
Speaker 9: The biggest thing I'm coming away from is saying, somewhere in the top one hundred with two out of these three picks, I'm going to need a center of money needs safety.
Speaker 3: Did you did you just did you just throw a pin? No? No, I didn't throw nothing, No physically I mean no.
Speaker 8: I'm saying at the fact, like to choose between. That's why I was struggling when we were talking about Nuben earlier. I'm at a point to where you look at the competition that you played, if you even look within your division, the interior of these defensive lines that you're going up again, the question gave you trouble, No question consistent basis, Don't get me wrong, I want my I want my.
Speaker 5: Tackles to be tackling. I need them to be doing their job.
Speaker 8: However, the quarterback can avoid that far better than what's happening in the interior.
Speaker 5: You just ran into ran it. I'm with. I am at a point to where addressing the interior.
Speaker 8: And also, you know, we got some new human in the building as well that might be helping with the run game and things like that.
Speaker 5: But I just feel like not being able to run the ball is such a I am not looking past it. I can't do it. I'm sick of seeing it.
Speaker 8: So for me, the center position is important so that this is why when we were talking about Nubann earlier, I was just.
Speaker 5: Like, safety house, he gonna help you, and I know what else supposed to be doing me. But if it is a safety in a center, I would struggle.
Speaker 3: I would take the center every time.
Speaker 8: I struggle too, because I just think it's too it's so important, and it's bit you in the tail A year after.
Speaker 10: I think another possibility here is still taking a tackle. Because you look at Tyrone Smith getting thirteen games out of him last season felt like strike striking lightning in a bottle? Do you feel like you can get that again going into his age. What are we now, thirty four season? I still I don't want to follow that responsibility onto a Matt Will Let's go or an Awesome Richards.
Speaker 4: So did we did we let our ore teamed down by drafting awesome Richards last year?
Speaker 3: Then if that's the.
Speaker 2: Case, I mean maybe going into year two that's not the case though, If you think Austin Richards can be something down the line, That's what I'm saying though to me.
Speaker 4: If I've got Tyron Smith and and he's in I know one thing. I I don't want to go back and play with the tackle that we had last a doga. I don't want to go back that. But somebody tell me, you know, somebody in the somebody in the sky, in de part of the coaching department. Somebody tell me what's going on with Austin Richards? Because I if I'm if, I know I could get thirteen games out of Tyron Smith, I know that, But the other games I'm gonna need it is is uh awesome Richard's not good enough for the three did we draft?
Speaker 3: Did we draft the wrong player here?
Speaker 2: But that's a fifth round pick you're talking about wagering the future of your tackle position on a player that was picked at one six.
Speaker 3: Well, it's better than taking him in the seventh.
Speaker 8: Round, respectfully, I right, tackle is undrafted free agent and he had a contract.
Speaker 3: No, I agree. I mean you can find guys. TJ. Bass was an undrafted free agent. He had a better year that I usual. She will tell you he should have been drafted, and she was right. I agree. I had a fifth round grade on him too.
Speaker 9: I mean, what what's like under that scenario, Nick, that you're talking about, Like where we say, like tackle at twenty four potential?
Speaker 3: Like who are we thinking is gone?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 9: Who am I looking at?
Speaker 3: There?
Speaker 10: You're probably looking at Jordan Morgan. You're looking at Tyler Geydon, you're looking at Yeah, you're looking at some good tackles here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean Morgan. I don't know. I wonder about Morgan Morgan.
Speaker 9: I wonder if he's inside, but I mean I think he could play outside.
Speaker 3: I think he can.
Speaker 9: I just wonder if inside might be the better projector Guyton. I'm yeah, I would go, guid.
Speaker 3: I would pick that scenario.
Speaker 10: I would go, I would go, you would go, He'd be fine, I go guid, I think, okay, So.
Speaker 5: Do you so are you gonna address to wrap this up? Because I know we gotta go.
Speaker 3: I got one more point, So.
Speaker 5: Do you are you going to address center in free agency?
Speaker 3: Well, not in the scenario.
Speaker 10: In the scenario, you're you're falling on TJ. Basster Brockoff. We've also got what I do with three rounds, a competition in the center, and you just kind of work from there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you think you think TJ basket play center.
Speaker 9: I think they think brock Hoffman could start there. I think they believe that. Yeah, I don't know that that would be their primary choice, but I think they absolutely think he could do it.
Speaker 5: I mean, honestly have some faith in brock too.
Speaker 4: We just got to see it and did this scenario what you're talking about. If you're looking at tackle, I'm taking Tyron Smith's twelve million dollars in going doing something else.
Speaker 3: You're letting him walk.
Speaker 4: I'm letting him walk, and I'm gonna I'm gonna I'm gonna make center part of my I'm gonna make center and tackle part of my priority than on my board.
Speaker 8: Because I guess you do have to ask yourself at this point, is he hurting more than helping And I think I was grateful for.
Speaker 5: Him last year. I ain't gonna hold you, but.
Speaker 3: At the same time, I can't hold you hostage for from.
Speaker 8: A developmental standpoint, it's it is kind of getting to that point so where it's like we need to be adamantly replace in that position is important of a position on the field to not be addressing right now.
Speaker 10: Yeah, you know what's gonna happen to Tyron Smith's going to go to Kansas City play seventeen games. I want a ring next year.
Speaker 5: Get out of my faith.
Speaker 3: I don't think he really wants to go, and I don't think I don't think to it.
Speaker 4: I know your tongue in cheeking it there, but to me, if under your scenario, I'm just gonna go ahead and take his twelve million dollars and go invest it somewhere else.
Speaker 3: I would do the same thing in this scenario specifically, and then I would turn in I would turn in priority.
Speaker 4: Oh line I would make I would make instead of saying tackle center even though I need a center.
Speaker 3: If I'd make them both tackle and tackle. And because they've proven that they could draft first round plug and play players. They've proven that to me they.
Speaker 2: Have, And you also could get fortunate with a heavy tackle class that's heavy right where you're picking in twenty four and you feel good about the guy.
Speaker 3: Geiden is not a bad call there, But Gidan's not a bad call there at all.
Speaker 2: All Right, when we come back, we got to take our second break and rap things up here on the Draft Show. We're gonna quickly blow through the rounds two and three right after this.
Speaker 13: Good Hi, Drew Pearson, former Dallas Cowboy and now Pro Football Hall of Famer. Here, if you're struggling with your vision and tired of those contacts and glasses, don't throw ahell Mary, go where I went. Laser Care Eye Center, the official laser partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 1: Drew, thank you so much for trusting us with your vision correction procedure.
Speaker 9: At Laser Care I Center, we offer six different vision correction procedures to help patient see.
Speaker 13: Check them out at dfwis dot com. Tell them Drew sent you.
Speaker 3: Hood Hut.
Speaker 12: In a stressful world, Lincoln provides balance and calm amidst the chaos by creating sanctuaries that move you through the world with ease. Our vehicles make your time richer and more uplifting with human centric design, intelligent technology, and powerful performance. As the official luxury vehicle of the Dallas Cowboys, driving a Lincoln is just another way to show your team pride. Experience our full life up of luxury vehicles, including the Corsair Aviator, Navigator and nonilists at Lincoln dot Com.
Speaker 7: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 3: Have they snapped the fresh scout?
Speaker 9: Who looks right?
Speaker 3: It's not there? He escaped slapped. He'll look for a first style.
Speaker 7: Just like football. When it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 2: Prescott's gonna run this ship, show, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 7: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 3: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 7: Get started at blockchain dot com.
Speaker 11: Hi, I'm Danny mccraid, Dallas Cowboys alumni player here with Smoothie King and Smoothie King wants to ask you, what's that sound. That's the sound of us magically transforming our smoothie bowls into two new decking and flavors. Dig into a cool Issae or fataya bowl, handcrafted with crunchy purely Elizabeth Rinola fresh strawberries and finished with the velvety chocolate hazel nut drizzle, perfect for breakfast, lunch, or anytime you want to munch. And that's the sound of you making them just peer smoothie bowls now in two new decadent flavors only as Smoothie King. The official Smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 2: Is the Dallascowboys dot Com Draft Show. Welcome Back into the Draft Show, presented by Miller Light.
Speaker 3: This one's for you. Brian. Kenny Chesney is bringing his son.
Speaker 2: Goes Down Tour twenty twenty four with Zach Brown Band and special guests to a T and T Stadium on May eleventh. Tickets are on sale now at sekeek dot com, the official ticketing provider of AT and T Stadium.
Speaker 3: At your go to on your Oh Kenny Chesney, Yeah, that's your iPod right, Nick Nacks too, He's got like a yeah, he's got got a football song. Yeah, boys of Fall, Boys, got your iPod ready to roll. He's got his eight track.
Speaker 10: I probably couldn't spell Kenny Chesney if you gave me like five tries, thank you.
Speaker 5: I just out.
Speaker 3: I think you can stund it out cheese shown anything.
Speaker 10: I say, Seriously, we need to make sure that that that's man.
Speaker 5: I asked the girls to sing me a song on the show because I was like, who is this man? You haven't seen his man a day in my life.
Speaker 9: Yeah, in the country is the one that.
Speaker 3: Super Tan. He's like super ted.
Speaker 10: I mean, yeah, I actually know this guy.
Speaker 3: Cut off sleeves again, I know exactly who. There's a lot of denom he's got the cowboy.
Speaker 10: Okay, let me stop.
Speaker 3: Wait what No, you gotta buy tickets and I gotta buy tickets.
Speaker 2: A se duck out all right, final segment, we've got like sixty seconds if if we're taking if we're taking an offensive lineman in the first and based off of that scenario that Nick gave, where are you going in rounds two and three?
Speaker 10: Yes, so you have a linebacker. You have a running back that you picked up a free agency. So I think you can kind of go with that fifty six pick, and you look at the linebacker board, you look at the running back board, and can take your best player available from those two positions. In my opinion, you can bring in a running back that compair with Zach Moss because you don't you're not expecting Zach Moss to be the long term solution. So you can draft a long term solution and work him in with a running game. Or you can bring in another body at linebacker Marvin and Overshun's coming off of a torn a cl Dumont Clark. You liked what you saw at times, you didn't like what you saw at times from him last season, So you can bring in another guy into that uh into that room to be able to work. To me, it's one of those positions. And I think also you have a safety you can consider. You could consider a depth corner, you consider another offensive lineman. There's a lot of things to consider, but for me, it's linebacker, running back there what do you do in aisha I am.
Speaker 5: Looking at DT and possibly receiver.
Speaker 3: I like DT in that second round, especially.
Speaker 5: Yeah, especially with d T. I think it's Jonathan Hankins can only be a band aid for so long. Yeah, and that's all I gotta say.
Speaker 3: Good Brian. Yeah, I think I just got this thing right. I'm kind of in I'm kind of in that mode right now myself.
Speaker 10: Yeah, DT, I forgot about DJ.
Speaker 8: If you came with you, maybe if you're not doing nothing to be able to run the ball, you need to be able to stop to run.
Speaker 5: Yeah, very least.
Speaker 3: That's a good one. I mean I think they they definitely need.
Speaker 9: I'll share such a huge boots he's gonna getting over shown back healthy, that's going to be big. I still think somewhere in there you probably got to get another linebacker. Obviously you need a running back to pair with Moss. But I mean safety is the one that's blinking at me. So I just I wonder if Bullard's there in the second, is he going to get to me in the third or like, is that, you know, playing a dangerous game. If he's sitting there staring me in the facing second, I think I'm going Bollard and then just figuring things out best player available.
Speaker 8: I'm so surprised how interested you are in safety, because if you ask the nation, that's what it worked with safety.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, okay, that's fair on the first on your mind.
Speaker 8: But I just like, when you look at the safety position on this team, you look at it and you say, Okay, well they're they're good. I guess you want to say you would assume, especially if Marquis Bell is going to be going back to doing more safety things. Saw some good things from ya Thomas. You're like, Okay, well this safety core is good. So it's just crazy to me to hear.
Speaker 5: You just be in like safety, safety safety.
Speaker 3: Why you look at Kinchin's from Miami.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I've talked about Kinchins a couple of times.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry I missed that. No, no, No, You're good.
Speaker 10: He's a he's a he's a headhunter. I think he's he's he's a Donovan Wilson type of guy. Is talk about keeping everything in front of him and being able to take heads off a little bit more to me, a little bit more rangy. But he's a Donovan Wilson clone in the fact that he's younger and he's a little bit more experienced coming out of college.
Speaker 3: Could he get to you at fifty six?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 3: I always you don't think, so, wow, he's that good?
Speaker 10: God there is there is Cameron Kinchin's hate amongst the draft community. I quite figure it out. I think it's more so the range on his back end and what he can do in uh in zone, in his zone coverage ability. But I think what you get from him from a tenacity standpoint, from a physicality standpoint, him being able to cover these type of situations out of the run game or out of the backfield. I think there's a there's a really good opportunity here for him to be an impact play.
Speaker 2: He's a heat seeking missile. Yes, that's what it looks like. I mean, angles why he does not mess up.
Speaker 8: I just think also too, when you look at the safety position. Unfortunately, I do think some people are starting to get on the fence about the box safety strong safety type situation. People understand that with all the spread and stuff like that, they want guys to be more. You know, I'm not saying that the value is going down from guys playing downhill and everything, but it kind of feels like it's a little bit of a damper on it right now when guys predominantly do that.
Speaker 5: And I think it's crazy because baby helped me in the run game.
Speaker 10: Please ye detackle, I think you're making me change my answer here because I like to Andandre Sweat. I don't think he's going to be available at fifty six, but I think there's some other guys you can still get there. I really like Michael Hall Junior out of Ohio State. I think that's a guy you could possibly look at.
Speaker 6: You.
Speaker 10: Yeah, you need to beef him up. I don't think necessarily that you can pair him as a Hankins replacement or a Hankins backup, but I think you can throw him in on that interior or defensive line. He can make some things work.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I kind of saw some I saw some key Bitten in him, and I think that Kean Bitten, despite the fact that people thought that he was only like this up field pass rushy guy, did some really good things in the run game for the Steelers this year. It's possible for these guys to develop some run game stopping skills.
Speaker 4: You look at a guy too, If I could throw a name out there, Brandon Dorless from from Oregon is another guy if you could take a look at him, because he can line up at a three or one. I think he can play edge.
Speaker 10: I see I have him as a three in edge. Yeah, I don't necessarily trust him completely as a one, but I'm I mean he's I think he's the most verstal defensive lineman in this draft.
Speaker 3: I think you can throw him more.
Speaker 4: Doorless dor less d O r l u s Number three from working this week, watch watching him, watch him win the Texas Tech Game is what you need to do.
Speaker 3: Interest. And another one too is Dwayne Carter. Anybody watched him from Duke.
Speaker 10: I might saw him a little bit at Senior Bol, but didn't didn't have a chance to.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this guy's a three time captain for the Blue Devils here, but Dwayne Carter six three, three oh five from Duke.
Speaker 2: Yeah thatzy please all right, that'll do it for us here on the Draft show this week.
Speaker 3: Hope you had as much fun as we did. That was a fun one. Lots of debate, lots of scenarios. The guys.
Speaker 4: Next week, I got to be a baseball guy. Next week be watching tape the whole time.
Speaker 3: You got to be watching the twenty twenty three World Series championship. Stranger, I hope. So it was a lot of fun last year week.
Speaker 10: You're gonna buy your some one of those pitiful jerseys that they now have in the MLB.
Speaker 9: I'm all about that.
Speaker 3: Can't wait.
Speaker 2: We'll catch up with Brian here in a little bit. We may call you even next week, please do.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I love watching you guys carry on, carry on the debates, keep fighting. And we've got Nick Harris going to the NFL combine out. Yeah, I'll be here next week.
Speaker 10: It's gonna be a little interesting show next week. Yoh, y'all hold it down for me.
Speaker 3: Please, we'll hold it down. That'll be fun.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 2: That does it for us here on the Draft Show for Chris Beam in the back, Bobby Belt, Nick Harris, Brian brought us. I Issha Morrison. I'm Kyle Yeoman saying so long. We'll see you next week with more of the Draft Show.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club
Speaker 4: M