Speaker 1: Looking for a mortgage bank to help you make your next major mortgage move, whether it's a refi or home purchase, regardless of whether it's your first one or one of many, consider our friends at Stockton Mortgage, but don't just take our word for it.
Speaker 2: Stockton Mortgage has over seventy thousand five star reviews and counting, just like this review from Joshua, who says this about his experience with Stockton. They were super professional, always answered my questions I had, and streamlined the process. I could not ask for better people to help me and my family get our first house. I feel blessed to be able to go through them.
Speaker 3: Be like Joshua or.
Speaker 2: The sixty nine nine hundred ninety nine others just like him, and get started with Stockton Mortgage today by going to Stockton dot com and get started. I've even used Stockton Mortgage myself on my own home loan. For your home loan needs, Stockton dot com and click get started Stockton Mortgage MLS eight two five nine, Equal Housing Lender NMLS, Consumer Access dot Org.
Speaker 4: Welcome to our two of Kentucky Sports Radio present it by Stockton Mortgage. Now here's Matt Jones welcome back.
Speaker 5: It is out of number two Kentucky Sports Radio eight Fi'm nine two eight oh twenty two eighty seven KSh bars now open. Come on out and see us. You can just ask anything. Tuesday. We're ready taking your questions in this segment sponsored by Clark's Pumping Shop. You know me, I like the pump and then I shop. And they love their cats, and they take pride and playing. That take pride and playing at UK and they take pride in their stores. There's one all over. They got great coffee, all good morning. Start with a cup of coffee, Clark's Pumping Shop, Crispy Crunchy, Chicken Hanger, fifty four pizza, perfectly cajun. It's all there at Clark's Pumping Shop. Return, refresh and refuel. We just have a guy sitting over here I just met a little Whilego's name Stanley, but people call him soul Train.
Speaker 2: Soul Train.
Speaker 5: I wish I had a nickname like Soultrae like I did. That's a good nickname to have and be like, hey, they're soul trained.
Speaker 2: You know you're cool if your name's SoulTrain.
Speaker 5: Nobody calls me soultrade. They just are like, hey, Matt Jones. Uh, that's it. But so now that would give you some respect right there.
Speaker 6: Yeah, there you go.
Speaker 2: We can start with that. You know, you know, didn't like mj.
Speaker 5: I don't need to be sole Training. That's his name. Okay, I think that would be a weird nickname to give me.
Speaker 2: But I'm about coal train.
Speaker 6: All right.
Speaker 5: I need you to stop and we just I'm just praising Stanley and his uh and his nickname.
Speaker 6: All right.
Speaker 5: So we before we get the phones, we have a we have a good high school sports controversy.
Speaker 6: Okay, all right.
Speaker 5: So Cooper High School that's up in Northern Kentucky, it is they made the Sweet sixteen? Was it last year? It's been recent yeah, okay. They are one of the favorites to go this year. They're twelve and zero in the region. Okay, okay, so they are one of the favorites Cooper High School. And you're thinking, man, things are going well there at Cooper High School. You got a chance to win the region. Everybody's excited Northern Kentucky. Stand up, here comes Cooper High.
Speaker 6: Here we go.
Speaker 5: Unfortunately, though, there's drama under the surface. The coach's wife. So I think the coach's name is Tim Sullivan, not the former career journal writer. But it differ at Tim Sullivan, the coach's wife post his posts on Facebook now and this is what I'm gonna summarize it now that it's out there. Here's what's going on with Tim and Cooper High School. On January twenty first, this season, Tim was requested a meeting with the ad.
Speaker 6: First of all, that's my mom's birthday.
Speaker 5: You shouldn't be doing controversial things like this, sure mom's birth Uh, Tim is the athletic. The principal informed him that the completion of this season, Tim would either have the choice to resign or not be renewed as the basketball coach at Cooper High School, citing he didn't have a sense of urgency to improve the culture of the program.
Speaker 2: But yet they just went to sweet six they went to sixteen.
Speaker 6: So so this I guess it got out this week.
Speaker 5: Okay, so now everybody knows Cooper is playing even though they're gonna lose their coach.
Speaker 6: So then, well, what happened? That's what everybody wants to know, right, what happened?
Speaker 5: It can't be a scandal or a two big one because the wouldn't let him keep coaching, right, like something's gonna what could it be?
Speaker 6: Well, his way, this is from his wife. We don't know is one side of the store. Right.
Speaker 5: Tim asked the principal if it was personal, and he shook his head no and said no, it's just time to replace him in the entire staff. Now that she then says that Tim has been mistreated, et cetera. So so then I posted on Twitter last night.
Speaker 6: Text machine starts filling up with stories behind the story. Now again, I don't know if any of this is true, all right, so let's be clear.
Speaker 5: I don't know, but you know, my bunch of people told the same story, right, so I could be true.
Speaker 2: There's nugget of truth in there. Maybe someone apparently.
Speaker 5: Last year this is the store, somebody on the some player there, their their dad was in the stands for Cooper and got started yelling at someone from another high school. I don't know if it was a player, if it was a dad, but there was a father something thing. Okay, Right, Then apparently the principal said, hey, father, you can't come to the games anymore. So then the kid, who was one of the best players for Cooper ended up going to the school where his dad was screaming at them, so he lost his player, and apparently the coach was very upset about that. It led to an argument between principal and coach and now here we are. Now, I'm not taking sides in this here kerfuffle, okay, I just like kerfuffles. And I also think as we get ready to start the regional tournament, a high school that's one of the favorites in their region, having a coach who's already been told you can't come back, and having this story come out makes whatever region Cooper's in. What region is that, eighth region, eighth region, I don't know whatever region it is. What an exciting Uh, what's gonna happen here with Cooper and the dad screaming at the other team and then sending his son to that team. That's some drama that I'm here for.
Speaker 2: I am really kind of torn in this because you don't want your parents to act like that.
Speaker 5: Well, we don't know what they acted like. True, True, we don't know how bad it was. We didn't know if it happened. But this is just what people are saying.
Speaker 6: True.
Speaker 2: I guess we had to say allegedly, yes, that that happened. So if the principal is just trying to why would you fire the coach for that? You don't, That's what I'm kind of torn. It's got nothing to do with the coach. That's a parent principal issue. But the coach got mad because the.
Speaker 6: Coach lost one of his players after the school because of it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, ninth three, he's the coach of the year ninth three.
Speaker 6: On top of that.
Speaker 7: You know, parents shouldn't go crazy, but I feel like that happens a lot of games.
Speaker 6: I go to every every everyone.
Speaker 7: We all remember that parent that growing up in our high school youth games, So it's kind of common, even though it shouldn't happen. And I don't think it should get to a point where a coach that's twelve and zero and just one Coach of the year should be getting pushed out over a situation.
Speaker 6: So are you rooting for Cooper?
Speaker 5: Apparently his wife who posted this is also the school's volleyball coach. So the school's volleyball coach posted about the principal of the school that she is the volleyball coach.
Speaker 7: For some turmoil in the Cooper athletics. I'm rooting for Cooper and coach Tim Sullivan. I believe you said was his name.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you're asking me if i'm rooting for him, I'm like, heck, yeah, I'm rooting for him.
Speaker 5: Now, well, I don't know who to root for it because I don't know, like if there's more to it, but I'm sure there is.
Speaker 2: I'm sure there is, and.
Speaker 5: I'm sure it's interesting. So when Cooper plays, you got to pick your regional tournaments.
Speaker 7: Okay, Saturday they play Highlands at NKU.
Speaker 6: Saturday they play Highlands at NKU.
Speaker 5: I'm going to be keeping up with how Cooper does because the regional tournaments are all this week. The girls regionals Sweet sixteen is next weekend. Yes, so the girls regionals finished this week. I think the boys are kind of going over two weeks so that they can get it done.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So the girls started their region play last night already.
Speaker 7: Yeah, tonight's the first big night. I think Region fifteen had a few games, but tonight's when they really started.
Speaker 6: Fifteen.
Speaker 5: You members where the woman made the TikTok Yes, about the about the four overtimes and Betsy Lane and Prestonsburg and the and the guy threw the birds up from the I love some good high school basket.
Speaker 7: I think it makes me excited. Archer Douglas Broncos playing tonight.
Speaker 2: They're playing tonight at Madison Central. They lost in the district and got a better drawl than the district winner.
Speaker 6: He's trying to say Madison Central's not good.
Speaker 2: Oh, they're good. But but Douglas is not in great.
Speaker 6: Crossings Shannon that he doesn't he doesn't respect Central.
Speaker 3: I think he's Madison.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I think the quote was when he said Central couldn't beat me. That was the exact quote. If you want to hating that up in your locker room.
Speaker 4: Mattison, think I overheard that during the break he said that, right.
Speaker 2: I told you who the Massis Citil's best player was. Darren Feldhouse's son.
Speaker 5: Really Yes, Darren Feldhouse has a son that is already ready to be that good.
Speaker 2: Yes, he's really good.
Speaker 6: We're all old. Who's next?
Speaker 3: Will will go ahead?
Speaker 6: Will? Hey? Guys? First time? Long time? Who are.
Speaker 8: I had a question for asking anything Tuesday?
Speaker 9: What was your all dream job as a child? All hang out?
Speaker 5: I had two I wanted to work in sports, which that happened, and I wanted to My other dream job was I wanted to be a host on QVC.
Speaker 3: We could make that happen.
Speaker 2: I thought, yeah, that's still a possibility.
Speaker 5: I wanted to, like, go look at this notebook, it is nineteen ninety nine. I wanted to be like the woman on hacks.
Speaker 2: So who used to watch it all the time that you had were forced to watch a kid, maybe like your grandma.
Speaker 6: My grandma though I've watched it, but me too. I liked it. I just thought it was like because.
Speaker 5: Back then now that I only sell women's clothing, but they used to sell like TVs and stuff that like we didn't have in Middlesbrough. You know, there was no store to go get some of that stuff. And I was like, wow, if I could be on TV selling these luxury items, have the phone number then the bottom.
Speaker 3: Yeah, were he like playing it out as a kid in your bedroom?
Speaker 5: Yeah, my goodness, yeah you're laughing.
Speaker 6: But not by myself.
Speaker 5: But there were my mom's friend Claudia, she had two daughters, Megan and Macy Andrews, and they would come to Middlesbrough sometimes to visit and we would be QVC.
Speaker 2: You would play QVC.
Speaker 5: That was Yeah, and you wonder why I didn't end up a better athlete.
Speaker 7: My grandmother watched so much QVC. When you changed the channel, if you squinted, you could still see the.
Speaker 2: Phone number burned.
Speaker 6: He was burned in the bottom.
Speaker 7: Yeah, like you could switch over to the Kentucky basketball game and the be a little faint little QVC number over.
Speaker 6: Me about QBC is that it's still on?
Speaker 2: No way, yes, it's still going.
Speaker 6: Who is I mean, who's watching that? Like?
Speaker 5: We you have a computer, like you can order anything that's on there, but there are it is still on.
Speaker 7: They're working so hard to not let their viewers find out about Amazon just a little longer.
Speaker 2: Well you get that great deal when time's running out, gonna drop the price and they're gonna jump on the price.
Speaker 5: I always totally bought it. Yeah, I always was like, well you better call some better call now. I mean you got thirty seconds. They will not take it.
Speaker 6: If you call after that like that, you will not be able to get it. What about you? What was your dream? Dog? Don't say played basketball for Bobby and Night in India.
Speaker 2: Well, I was gonna be the starting centerfielder and bat lead off for the Saint Louis Cardinals. That was my dream job. But I went to college. I told you this, I was gonna be a Kentucky State trooper. That was gonna be my.
Speaker 6: So you must have liked when we were at the academy.
Speaker 2: I loved it. Yes, I thought it was really cool. I still I think I can still do it.
Speaker 7: They're hiring, They are hiring.
Speaker 6: A minute, they are hiring. But do you think they would take you? No?
Speaker 5: Like no, But I mean, like you think, why wouldn't they want like a fifty five year old first time cop.
Speaker 2: I I couldn't pass the physical part of it. Yeah, driving record. I could be the guy that does all the paperwork in the in the office.
Speaker 6: The driving record.
Speaker 3: He's already yeah, out, who's next, Let's go to Nate.
Speaker 6: Nate, go ahead and Nate.
Speaker 10: Yeah man.
Speaker 11: But I'm not a big, super big wrestling fan, and I tune in every now and then, and I think that scene a hill turn was one of the biggest sports moment where I saw coming but was still surprised. Do you guys have any of those big sports moments where you see it coming but you're still surprised.
Speaker 5: With I appreciate the call. I mean, I don't know. I don't know if I can think of one where I saw it. For me, the biggest surprising sports moment, I was very surprised. If you're just looking at Kentucky basketball, I was very surprised when we went on the run in twenty fourteen. I'd kind of left that team for dead. I thought we were gonna lose to Kansas.
Speaker 6: State in the first game. And then when we.
Speaker 5: Beat Wichita State, then beat Louisville, beat Michigan, and beat Wisconsin, that was a really surprising. And then on the negative, I just didn't see the Saint Peter's loss coming at all.
Speaker 4: But we did see the Oakland win coming because of the Saint Peter's game lost coming.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I genuinely thought we could lose to Oakland. I just did not see the Saint Peter lost coming. I kinda I know we had lost in the SEC tournament and it had been kind of embarrassing, but I I just kind of felt like I was already I was worried about the Murray State.
Speaker 6: Game in the second round, but I was not.
Speaker 5: Worried Drew about Saint Peter's and it just hit me from behind.
Speaker 7: Remember last year, I'm usually positive. I don't get the anxiety. On our pregame show at that hotel, I was like, this doesn't feel right for the Oakland game. And You're like, if you're worried, this is a bad sign. I was like, something doesn't feel right today, I'm worried about an upset.
Speaker 6: It did not feel right.
Speaker 5: It didn't feel right from the time the Saint Peter's band was playing at our pregame.
Speaker 6: Show and we couldn't get away from it.
Speaker 7: It just didn't RCU me Oaky, Yeah, yeah, I think you're right about Saint Pimmits going into it just weren't very confident. A and M had just whooped them in Nashville for no reason. Ninety nine percent of the Kentucky crowd. Why am I bringing this up?
Speaker 2: I think you're right about Saint Peter. I think that did surprise us. Even going into overtime, I still thought, well, Kentucky's gonna win this at Saint Peter's. But you're right, the Oakland was different. About the second or third Jack Golkie three threw in. We're all like, oh, it's we're done. We're not. This is we saw it coming.
Speaker 5: I've said this before about the Saint Peter's game. Iron Eagle texted me an hour before the game and said, what's up with Cal? And I was like, what do you mean? He goes, you know, I've been around Cal for thirty years. I've never seen him this nervous. What's going on? And I was like, oh, I just you know, just being cow. Well, Iron Eagle saw something, miss. I mean, he said for moment one, something's up with him today.
Speaker 2: Well, you said that in the twenty fourteen championship game. You saw Julius Randall like I knew.
Speaker 5: I knew we were losing the twenty fourteen game. During warm ups, yep, I walked up and Julius Randall was standing there warming up and he was with I think he was with Alex and maybe James Young, and they looked terrified. And we had been with them on every spot on that trip and they were so loose and excited, and they just looked terrified. I think it was the first time they were the favorite and they just and I thought, I.
Speaker 6: Don't like this.
Speaker 7: We saw it most at the end of his are but whatever he was doing was putting way too much pressure on those guys, because I remember Saint Peter's game. That's the closest I've ever gotten to sit to the bench. And even when maybe Kentucky was leading early in the game, shee and Holloway looks so relaxed and his team looks so relaxed and cal just ten minutes into the game was already losing it. And it was like, this is Kentucky. They're supposed to be afraid of us, not the other way around.
Speaker 5: Yeah, five nine two twenty two eighty seven. It is ask anything Tuesday. We're gonna take a break. We haven't talked about a UK football player doing an historic performance at the Combine that I don't think anyone saw coming, at least I didn't.
Speaker 6: We'll be right back to KSR. Welcome back.
Speaker 5: It is Kentucky Sports Radio. I just saw a video speaking of high school high school sports contraras Warren East Metcalf County Girls Region tournament. Oh my, Metcalf County's up to Warren East. Player gets fouled two shots with one second left the time the game.
Speaker 6: Yeah, she makes the first free throw, second free throw.
Speaker 5: She's shooting this. I'll show you the video. She's shooting this. This is to tie the tiet. This is to tie. She's dribbling here, she takes the shot. It is pure ref comes in, calls.
Speaker 6: Lane violation on her, no on the on.
Speaker 7: The woman in the block that looks like no three point behind the three point line?
Speaker 2: Runs did that?
Speaker 5: But he went in What a terrible way, what a terrible like what a ref getting involved for no reason? Like if if she got you know, these referees, just calm down. It's girls high school basketball. She made it so that if he did run in and who cares if she got in the rebound?
Speaker 2: I get it, but like, come on, sometimes you gotta read the room, I think, and you're in a regions are like high school girls basketball in Kentucky is not worth it?
Speaker 5: Yes, horriboy to lose, terrible boy, to lose, terror for for for Warnees. Alright, real quick for you other phones, Eli Cox, Well, let's go over quickly. The combine Dion Walker, bad combine. Yeah, would not run the forty.
Speaker 6: You can do that.
Speaker 5: If you're a top five pick, you can't do that. If you're a projected second round pick.
Speaker 6: Didn't run the forty. Bad decision.
Speaker 2: Already his stock was falling anyway.
Speaker 5: He actually looked like he was in pretty good shape when he got there, but then the things he did that were measurable is.
Speaker 6: Not very good.
Speaker 5: Dion Walker may have played himself from a top five to seven pick to maybe end of the second round, early third round.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 2: Never saw that coming. Really?
Speaker 6: Yeah? Uh?
Speaker 5: Now good Maxwell Harriston fastest cornerback in the draft.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess he made the comment for he left Lexington, I'm going up there and will be the fastest guy in camp. And he was, and he walked it up.
Speaker 5: He's gonna he may have played himself into a first round yes, yeah, so congrats some Max Weberson.
Speaker 6: But the story for me is Eli Cox from uh.
Speaker 5: From Nicholsville, Kentucky. Eli Cox comes to Kentucky as a three star, barely a three star. A lot of people were like, why are they recruiting him? He goes through the Combine as a center. He produces the third best overall combine numbers since nineteen eighty seven in the history of the Combine for a center.
Speaker 2: That's insane, third best for.
Speaker 6: A center since nineteen eighty seven.
Speaker 5: Like just kills, it looked amazing, looked in better shape, than I ever remember him being in and then he performs this they said, maybe played his way from like fifth or sixth round pick to being one of, if not the highest centers taken in the draft.
Speaker 2: And his story is so crazy. He was a center here, then they moved him to guard and put Jagger at center. Then they moved him back to center like his you know, like I gotta go to the necessity. They moved him back there and ends up going to get a job in the NFL because of it.
Speaker 6: How crazy? Is that?
Speaker 7: Really unbelievable when you put it with the uh compared it to past centers. There's like six hundred and twenty five centers who have gone through the combine and he's third ever heard That is crazy. That is nuts.
Speaker 5: And the two guys that beat him didn't even end up playing center in the NFL. They moved like guard, So like when it comes to actual centers.
Speaker 2: He's the best now then he might be.
Speaker 5: Wow, good for Elis Nicholasville Kentucky going and getting it done.
Speaker 6: Who's up there, Steve, Steve, go ahead.
Speaker 10: Steve, Yeah, I'm I'm really excited about the direction that Kentucky's team has taken. Now I'm to be yeah. I mean not not just wins and os as the way some had some great wins. But I just think the future for Kentucky is really bright. And uh, Kentucky has always recruited kids from from Eastern Kentucky. I mean, did in fact rep used to say that.
Speaker 6: Was a long time ago. That was a long time.
Speaker 5: A lot of that time basketball was segregated, so like it's a different time.
Speaker 10: I no, but.
Speaker 6: Again, all right, well, I appreciate the call.
Speaker 5: Listen, we got we we need to we all need to have perspective about while this has been a great couple of years for Kentucky guys.
Speaker 6: Ree Sheppard was the third pick.
Speaker 5: In the draft, we don't get a lot of those guys coming out of Kentucky. These dudes this year have been good, but they're also a step behind the rest.
Speaker 6: Of the dudes in the SEC. Next year we have elite players coming out of Kentucky.
Speaker 5: But this is not normal and I do want us to lie well, I mean, everybody can think what they want, but this idea, we gotta go get dudes from Eastern Kentucky every year. I love that we have a dude from Eastern Kentucky.
Speaker 6: But no, we don't. Okay, no we don't.
Speaker 5: We got one that I think can be really successful, but we gotta get dudes that can win games.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 5: And and the bringing back to RUP. I mean, again, no disrespect, but until nineteen sixty six we were not even integrated, and that was most of Rupp's career. This is a different time when it comes to basketball.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it's a Kentucky basketball at a different level. I mean there's been some great players come out of Eastern Kentucky and some have had success at UK. John Pelfrey, for crying out, I was from Paintsville. Freddy Maggert was from Cumberland. But on a regular basis, it just doesn't happen very often.
Speaker 7: In the last two years of pretty uniqu three years with Reid are pretty unique. I mean, Travis Perry broke King Kelly Coleman's record. Yeah, that's the guy you gotta go get. Trent Noah was going to be in the conference, so you know, that's a little bit easier than to add. And then Marino and Jasper top thirty players. Hopefully that will continue, but that hasn't been the case for many years before just recently.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, this is a unique, exciting Kentucky basketball run of high school players, but you can't.
Speaker 6: You gotta go get really good players.
Speaker 5: And I look, I love Travis Perry, I love Trent Noah, but if they were our two best players, we would not win, Okay, So we have to go get really really good guys.
Speaker 7: I kind of like with the portal now, and they're probably gonna do it. Let the Kentucky guys go a Florida Gulf Coast or a Holy Cross or whatever. And if they blow up like some guys are doing, all right, you want to come back home, But to just to take them as true freshmen when they're not, what if they're not even top one hundred in the country out of high school.
Speaker 6: I actually love that plan.
Speaker 5: Perry Noah little different because of their unique circumstances and Pope being the first year, but in general, I actually think that's a pretty good plan. Do you feel I'm not asking you because it's always bad luck. Do you feel good about tonight against LSU?
Speaker 7: Do LSU really banged up when they have four guys on their injury report and a couple of them are probable? But I mean they have not been a good team. It's a good matchup. They recently switched to a four guard lineup. It helps them score, but they do not rebound at all. I mean, their rebounding has been atrocious lately, so it should be a good game. Where Kentucky has sometimes struggled on the glass giving up second chance points, LSU just doesn't do.
Speaker 6: That at all.
Speaker 7: Collins is there one big guy. He can protect the rim a little bit, but that's that's extentied on that. I hope people you know, I'm I'm cool with booing whoever, but everyone please remember his circumstances of why he left. Yeah, he went to be close to be home because his dad died when he was in Lexington. So I hope he gets a good reception tonight. Even though he's someone that hit the portal.
Speaker 6: He will. I bet he gets a good reception, don't you think.
Speaker 2: I think he's one of the few guys that this team.
Speaker 6: This for sure.
Speaker 2: Crowd definitely will.
Speaker 6: Yeah, for sure. The crowd when they announced Damian Collins name, that kid went.
Speaker 5: Through a lot. Here give him a big round of applause. We'll take a break and be right back. This is KSR.
Speaker 3: TJ Smith, personal injury attorney called TJ. He'll make them pay.
Speaker 4: Now more of Kentucky Sports Radio presented by Stockton Mortgage.
Speaker 3: Here's Matt Jones.
Speaker 5: Welcome back Tucky Sports Radio a FM nine two eighth twenty two eighty seven. If you need have fire water damage, you call serf Pro. They've been all around the state helping with the flood clean up and they're unfortunately, have been put to work the last a lot the last few years. Serve pro se r vp r a pro dot com. They'll come into your house like make it like it never even happened. I had a friend get his basement flooded recently. They came in two days later, back to what it was before. Serve pro scrvpro dot com. I hope you don't have to use them, but if you do, you can call serve pro. Couple things. Adrian Brody won the Oscar for Best Actor. He gave the longest speech in the history of the Oscars. It was five and a half minutes long, but if you were watching it, it felt like forty five minutes and a half long.
Speaker 6: He just kept talking and talking and talking.
Speaker 5: There now people saying they think it was very rude of him to talk that long, A Ryan, do you think it was rude? B If you won an oscar, how long do you think you would talk?
Speaker 2: I was actually watching when he won and he went up and they started the music, you know, the wrap up music, like he goes you might as well stop that, because I said, ain't my first rodeo. I'm gonna keep going. T'll just stop it right now. Kind of got little.
Speaker 6: Did they stop it?
Speaker 2: No, yeah they did. They stopped it and they gave him another three or four a minute and then started it up.
Speaker 5: I had to sound mute, and every time I looked up, he was just still on. But but how long do you think you would go?
Speaker 2: I would I would probably run out of words pretty quickly, so I would say maybe two minutes tops.
Speaker 6: That would be I actually think you would be shorter than that.
Speaker 2: I think you get up there and.
Speaker 6: You'd be like you'd start. First of all, you would start crying.
Speaker 2: Yes, thank my mom and dad, than.
Speaker 5: I love you guys so much, And then you would forget somebody really important, yes, like you probably forget yoga girl or something and make and make her upset, and uh, then you would like run out of words, and you'd.
Speaker 2: Stuff because everybody comes up there now and they've already got their speech on a little piece of paper.
Speaker 6: You would do that too, though, don't you think? I don't know that.
Speaker 2: That's almost like I think you just got to be more natural.
Speaker 6: What about you?
Speaker 7: How long do you think you would like the off the cuff version of speech? See, having just watched this past one, they used the wrap it up box a lot, So I would go in knowing I don't want that music. I just feel like that's a bad look when they're trying to rush you off, like you're not important enough to keep talking. So I would try to make it pretty brief tonight, get hit with the box. I would have a maybe a good joke.
Speaker 6: I would definitely okay, yeah, all right, Chaton. What about you? How long you go?
Speaker 4: I would go as long as I possibly could. If I could go longer than five minutes, i'd go ten minutes. I don't know why they play the music. Why not just cut the mic off. That's a good way to get people to stop talking. Just turn the micro off.
Speaker 5: Sometimes it makes it hard because they might be saying something emotional, like about somebody that's died or in their lives.
Speaker 3: Okay, so but when they're not, then you cut it off.
Speaker 5: And yeah, it's just got to be careful you don't make the wrong decision. I think I would go, you know, for me, I've done this song, and if I can tell when you're losing an audience, right like I can tell when the audience is like, okay, I've had enough of you, and at that moment, I would wrap it up.
Speaker 3: We see, that would be my moment. It's not for the audience. It's for me.
Speaker 4: I'm the one that won that Oscar, all right. I don't care if everybody walks out. If I got stuff to say, I'm gonna keep going.
Speaker 5: I don't think it's as much about when you speak. It's a good lesson for public speaking. You know, Mario did an event at UK where he was public speaking.
Speaker 6: He was asking me for advice.
Speaker 5: If I it's about public speaking, It's really not about length, right. There can be a twenty minute speech that's fascinating and a ten minute speech that feels tedious and law. It's really just about how long can you say something that the audience is engaged in? If you you should figure out how much do I have that is interesting?
Speaker 6: And then that's it.
Speaker 5: Like I've heard a lot of people, they'll like have the first two minutes of interesting and then they should just stop. And then they keep going and they keep going and they see the good feedback from the audience and think, well, that means I need to keep going. Sometimes you need to be like George Constanza and say all right, I'm out.
Speaker 6: You know, I got one in.
Speaker 2: I'm done well on that point. These these winners at the Oscars, they all want to make their own political point. You know, that's what most of it is political. I understand.
Speaker 5: I get that, Like it's a heightened political time and you think, like I need to say something, but you don't. I mean you can make like you you don't, especially like in that room, like everybody there agrees with you. Like to me, if you want to really be passionate about a political point, go make it to a group of people that don't agree with you. Right. You want you want to have courage, go say like I think it would take courage to give a Maga speech at the Oscars, and I think it would take courage to give a liberal speech at a kid rock concert like that like, but when you just say it to a group of people that agree with you, like, that's not that big a deal. Just when the crowd popped there.
Speaker 7: Yeah, on the on the wrap it up box, I don't know. I was watching on Sunday these two women. One I don't know what they won. I guess I wouldn't paying that close attention. But one of them they played the music for her speech and she had to apologize to the other woman because she just had no time to talk, that she went way too far.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Well, they also though, do need to get these people to wrap it up? Yes, because you do want to be done before two o'clock in the week.
Speaker 2: Okay, So that brings up another point. Usually the oscars goes long after eleven.
Speaker 6: They started early?
Speaker 2: Is that why it ended early?
Speaker 5: They started at like there's something so that it would end before eleven.
Speaker 2: It ended at like ten forty five.
Speaker 6: Good for them, Well done? Who's next? Shit?
Speaker 3: Justin?
Speaker 6: Justin? Go ahead? Justin?
Speaker 9: Hey guys, interesting questions for you, and I was, I'll give my answer and I'll hang up. Who is your all's favorite player from Tennessee all time? In Louisvie all time? I know there are the biggest rivals for me? H Hepburn currently for Louisville.
Speaker 10: I don't know what it is about it.
Speaker 9: I think he's garden. I really love watching him play. And then I'm gonna give you a shout out, and I think rud of like this. Chris Lofton for Tennessee. I went and watched him in high school and thought he was going to be the next female I'm taking.
Speaker 6: I appreciate the call.
Speaker 5: Everybody would say Lofton because he's from Kentucky, so that for people here who couldn't hear the call, he asked, what's our favorite Louisville and Tennessee player of all time?
Speaker 6: How about also throwing Duke. Let's just go.
Speaker 5: Through all of them, three biggest rivals, all right, we obviously hate all their players, but if we had to pick one that we liked, and you can't pick Lofton because he's from Kentucky parent Johnson, and you can't pick Paring because we're friends with him, so you can't pick any one of those, here would be mine.
Speaker 6: Tennessee.
Speaker 5: Even when everybody hated him, I kind of liked Ron Slay. I just kind of thought he was I thought he was funny. I thought, even though he would eat us up, I thought the way he and Bogan's would talk trash to each other a lot.
Speaker 6: I kind of liked Ron Sligh Louisville, It's easy.
Speaker 5: I continued to be mesmerized by Russ Smith when he played basketball, Like I just thought, a kid like that being that good is pretty amazing. And even though he was on their national championship team and I wanted him to lose, I did think Russ Smith was something else.
Speaker 6: And then Duke.
Speaker 5: Boy, that's tough because I've really hated everyone that played at Duke. I guess Zion because I did kind of think Zion was a fun freak to watch, So I guess I would say Zion, all right, what about you?
Speaker 2: My duke was probably Grant Hill. I think he's a good guy, but he threw the past. I still think he's a decent human being. And like some of you dude guys, my Louisvill guy, I'm gonna go back to Darryl Griffith. I mean that's when Louisville was like badass. They were really good back then. So I'm gonna go Dryl Griffith.
Speaker 6: Oh were you and Darryl Griffith.
Speaker 2: I was in high school. Here were you born sixty six? He played in like the eighty eighty eight. He went back A yeah, And I guess for Tennessee this is hard. I'm gonna have to pick maybe Tony Harris the little point.
Speaker 6: To Harris, Tony Harris.
Speaker 2: Because I can't pick Clofton.
Speaker 6: He was the least likable of all.
Speaker 5: Tony Harris would be like number one on my hated list.
Speaker 2: I can't pick Lofton, I can't pick.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna go to you don't want John Folkerson, No, my second one?
Speaker 6: Hear, that's the most disappointing thing you've ever seen? What about you? Well?
Speaker 7: I had Ron Slay and Russ Smith. He took those, so I'll go to my second options. Probably I didn't like him at the time, but Peyton's see, it seems like a guy that's just like we met him. We even sure with him doing the l's up. You know, still hates Its still hurts to say that out loud. And I guess maybe Scotti Hopinson, even though he's from Kentucky. Can I say him about Innessee Region two? If not him, maybe uh swiper boy? When does they have a rapper woolwich something.
Speaker 6: Did have swipe a boy? Good?
Speaker 7: So I guess I just hate all do it?
Speaker 6: Gotta pick one, can't pick Zion, can't pick.
Speaker 7: Oh my goodness, the only Elton Burn.
Speaker 6: No Elton.
Speaker 7: I guess I'll go Elton Brand, Luke Canard because he grew up a Kentucky fan. No, actually no, he's he didn't pick us. I guess I'll go out and brand. That's not a fun game.
Speaker 3: I hate all Tennessee. I'll go Alan Houston all.
Speaker 4: Was I didn't like to Kentucky a little bit with Yeah, uh lovell.
Speaker 3: I guess Paron Johnson pick him?
Speaker 5: I said, can't pick Jerry Eves.
Speaker 6: Can't pick people that you know?
Speaker 3: How about that one? What's an early early for you? Dukes? So hard to pick? I guess maybe JJ Reddick you like? I don't like him. I don't like anybody.
Speaker 6: Like Jason Allen?
Speaker 3: I said, who you want me to pick? Grayson Allen.
Speaker 6: Shannon? First of all, you can't pick any white dude, dude.
Speaker 3: No, not one, I remember.
Speaker 6: Not one of them. They're all awful, all of them.
Speaker 7: What about j Bill? Was Shannon?
Speaker 3: I friend? But Jay's my friend, it's the same thing as picking parent Johnson.
Speaker 2: What's the difference.
Speaker 6: Tony Harris is the crazy one to me.
Speaker 2: I'm always I've always, you know, liked Tony Harris.
Speaker 5: The guy I think I want to make sure I'm the right guy is that the guy that had like his skin wasn't very good, but he would just kill it.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure about that. He played with Slagh They.
Speaker 6: Were like he killed us though, didn't he?
Speaker 2: I don't remember that. I remember he was a tough little dude.
Speaker 5: Okay, if he's who I'm thinking of, I really did like him.
Speaker 6: I think it was.
Speaker 7: I think it was to didn't Shannon who was the center that picked Duke because his mom instead of Kentucky not badly, but the one right before him.
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 2: What was the case?
Speaker 6: Shavlick Randolph. Randolph was the king.
Speaker 5: Who picked Duke whose mother and one of the funniest things that's ever happened. You remember he was choosing between Duke, Carolina and n C State and his mother was asked, why are these the three schools that you're choosing because they lived there?
Speaker 6: Like why not look at others?
Speaker 5: And she said, I don't want Shavelick to have to go very far from home. He's not comfortable with things like girls and making his own food.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness, mom, Mom, she's still.
Speaker 5: There was a there was a profile of Shavleck Randolph where she where It said his mother would when he was home still cut his steak.
Speaker 6: This was a man in college didn't know the balls.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 7: Well, Marcus Bolden's the one that like Kentucky, but mommy wouldn't let him go here.
Speaker 6: Yes, that's right, Shannon didn't like the mother was the said, mom.
Speaker 3: Your time is pat right, we wouldn't be my favorite.
Speaker 6: Good memories, all right? Eight five nine two, eight oh twenty two eighty seven. We'll take a break, come back. Final segments Chazar welcome back.
Speaker 5: It is Kentucky Sports Radio A five nine two eight oh twenty two eighty seven. Matt Jones, Ryan Lemon, the Tony Harris fan, which is still the worst thing that he's ever said in the years of doing this. Uh hey, if you have a pet that you is also a UK fan, because why wouldn't they be? Bb and Pets The Richmond Road Vet Clinic and Tates Creek Animal Hospital are proud to bring you bb and Pets the fan club for your pets. You got bb and gear, invites to dog friendly UK sporting events and more. Go to bbnpets dot com get your dog pampered, celebrated and decked out in Kentucky blue gear. I saw a dog walking down the street with a person and the person said to me, we got some of that BBN pets gear And said, well, good Robberie.
Speaker 6: But I asked them to keep the dog away from me.
Speaker 5: Bbnpets dot Com where Kentucky pets go to show their pride.
Speaker 2: They're good people. They take care of my dogs. They're gonna board my dogs when we go to Nashville next week.
Speaker 6: We mean bored them, like just put them up and watch them.
Speaker 2: Uh huh okay, yeah yeah, Well that's nice of them, and very nice of them.
Speaker 5: Your dogs, I hope they know what they're in for. Your dogs are insane.
Speaker 2: Well that's funny you said that because when the lady answered my phone, she goes all three of them. Ye, yes, all three of the lady.
Speaker 5: Let me tell you, you don't know. You should have charged him double. Just trust me. Those dogs are. Those dogs are Ryan Lemon and dog Form. Before we get done here, last night, Thunder played the Rockets for the fourth time this year. Shay Alexander had over fifty points, but the bigger story might be Reed Shepherd, career high had twenty five points, scored seventeen in the third quarter, got really hot. Dwayne Wade was on the game doing the announcing. He was getting excited.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 5: Finally got to see a little bit that the Rockets had a ton of people injured, which is why Reid played so much.
Speaker 6: But he played really, really well. He did.
Speaker 7: It's kind of what we thought we'd see more of from Reied this season. But even though he was the third pick, he got to a team that's pretty good and has a crowded backcourt and even spent some time in the G League. I'm just glad he finally had that for some confidence for him and everybody around him, because we know it's in him. He just hasn't really had as many opportunities as he needs.
Speaker 2: Awesome, he had the big game. I assume he was Garden Shae though he had a big game and your guy gets fifty one with a gardener he was.
Speaker 6: I don't think Reid was garden Shack.
Speaker 5: They have on a couple plays, but Reid was kind of playing the two Okay.
Speaker 6: But he got a bunch of shots. Shay is unbelievable. I mean, Shae.
Speaker 5: Has there ever been a Kentucky player that ended up better in the pros versus what you thought he would be than Shay.
Speaker 2: It'd be hard to come up with. Somebody can be the MVP. They're gonna be Henry Jokic when he came here as a backup point guard to kwadd A Green and now he could be the m v P in the NBA.
Speaker 6: It's unbelievable. I mean Kwaddy Green started over him for like the first half of the season.
Speaker 7: Louisville game, that's when he broke out. We were at the Music City Bowl and watching the basketball game on TV from Nashville, and Shay just went absolutely off off on that team and it was just all uphill from there.
Speaker 5: I'll give you a good documentary to watch on Netflix that about the Olympics. Have you seen that about the Olympic basketball. I've seen it called like Court of Gold, Court of Gold, and they have behind the scenes cameras with the USA team, Canada, Serbia, and France and it's really good.
Speaker 6: And the Canada one has a lot of shape.
Speaker 5: Okay, yeah, the the USA one has a lot of bam and and and not as much Booker, but a lot of bam and Anthony Davis. And then Serbia. The Serbia coach just screams at Serbia all the time. And the fringe it's it's a it's just an interesting Uh. It's like behind the scenes the Olympics.
Speaker 2: I do want to see it. Even my son Josiah watched it said it was good. So when he watched it said it was good, I knew it had to be something I'd want to see.
Speaker 7: I'm surprised by Durant getting so emotional. He doesn't seem like a guy that's got a lot of feelings, but he cries in it talking about representing the US.
Speaker 6: He's probably well, he's the best Olympic basketball.
Speaker 2: Player of all time, d Durant.
Speaker 5: Yeah, as far as four gold medals, but also just what he does in the game.
Speaker 6: Uh huh. I don't think there's ever been anybody better in basketball in the Olympics.
Speaker 3: Who's next, Let's go to Nikki.
Speaker 5: Nikki, go ahead, Nicki, it's him and Kobe probably in Carmels.
Speaker 6: But he's the.
Speaker 8: Best long time first time.
Speaker 6: Who are.
Speaker 9: Thank you?
Speaker 8: I have a question about UK and KWC playing a game at the Sports Center in Owensborough.
Speaker 6: What about it? Do you want it to happen or what.
Speaker 8: It did happen? I just want you to confirm it in nineteen ninety eight, ninety nine.
Speaker 11: I was there.
Speaker 6: Well, I can't confirm it, but Ryan may have been there.
Speaker 2: That was not a game I think Kentucky did like a bar game. Yeah, like a barnstare.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, yeah, okay, yeah right, yes, but they did play because I was and I was there, but they both won their division championships that year.
Speaker 5: Okay, well, yeah, nice to talk to you. I appreciate appreciate the call. When I when I you know, I ran that Barnstorming tour one, Yes you did. That's a huge hassle, but I did it with Ramel and Joe and Kentucky played Marshall in a game in Huntington, West Virginia, and it was one of the most rocous atmospheres I've ever been to.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Basically Marshall filled it up with their fans and then we got all the money and we were like, okay, well that's good.
Speaker 2: We couldn't do it in the last fifteen years because if our guys were all going to the NBA.
Speaker 5: You could almost do it this year with these This year, I ain't doing it. Why not else can step in there and do that. I ain't doing it all right, Kentucky and LSU tonight pregame show starts at four thirty.
Speaker 6: Kats, what's what's the spread? What are we at?
Speaker 7: I haven't seen it today, but it opened at twelve and a half. Tell if there's been a new movement or not.
Speaker 6: Hat's a twelve and a half point favorite?
Speaker 2: At home?
Speaker 5: It is Senior Night. By the way, those ceremonies I think started like six forty.
Speaker 6: Is that right?
Speaker 7: It's usually about twenty minutes score.
Speaker 2: The UK's telling you be in your seats by six thirty.
Speaker 5: I think be in your seats by six thirty. So the pregame show, uh is it four thirty? But I would say get here early to make sure you can get there, to get to get there for Senior Night.
Speaker 6: Cats twelve and a half point favorite, Ryan. What do we need to do besides WI what.
Speaker 2: They need to do is take that video of the Auburn guys with the bell and put it on a loop in the locker room and make our guys watch it for fifty minutes leading up.
Speaker 5: To tiple videos everywhere. Now ESPN put it out like that video is everywhere.
Speaker 7: The caller asked Pope about it on a show last night.
Speaker 5: Hope's answer was different than Ryan's. Pope was like, Pope was with me and Shannon.
Speaker 6: Beat them. He's going to complain beat them.
Speaker 2: That's what I would do. I'd put that on a loop, fire them up, get out there, and then beat LSU by twenty.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 7: As I said, they're pretty small, and especially if another one of their guards stays out like he was on the injury port, just rebound. I think you score inside a lot. They have one player that can go off. Other than that, you know they're not a very good team.
Speaker 6: Shannon, you will not be here to make it pick tonight, so make it now.
Speaker 4: Kentucky wins eighty three sixty six, So I'll go with Kobe bred as my MVP.
Speaker 6: Eighty three sixty six. That would be a nice one.
Speaker 7: And cheer for Damian Collins.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I would say cheer for Damien Collins and everybody really take a second tonight in the in the Senior Day to really thank these guys.
Speaker 6: I mean they came.
Speaker 5: Here a little bit of a you know, a little bit of sort of leap of faith with a new coach and a new school, and I think they've really represented the uniform and have appreciated it well and have given us some great wins. And so I look forward to giving them a big salute. This men four point thirty, we will be here for pregame on all of these stations, and then I'll be back tonight for the post.
Speaker 6: This has been KSR. See you later.