Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center.
Speaker 2: Jack Armstrong and Joe, Katty Armstrong.
Speaker 1: And Jetty and he.
Speaker 2: Arms range.
Speaker 3: From Studio C See Senior, a dimly lit room deep with them the bowels of the Armstrong and getting communications compound. We've got into stockings, hung We've got red and green bunting.
Speaker 1: We're all wearing little curled elk shoes, Santa hats.
Speaker 4: Technically I'm dressed as a nutcracker, but anyway, and today we're under the two legit our general Manager Johnald Donald J. Trump doing press conferences, conferencing with the press, speaking to the American people. Imagine how weird is that a president and or president elect communicating with the.
Speaker 1: People of the United States. What's he thinking?
Speaker 5: So here's Gerald Baker writing in the Wall Street Journal about the Trump moment. This may be the first time since the nineteen eighties and Reagan that we have a GOP president with the standing, the authority, and the legislative and executive resources to reshape politics in the US and abroad. He goes through a list of all the business leaders and powerful democrats and everybody that have either spoken to him or gone to visit him, et cetera, et cetera. Only a few presidents changed the political weather by their very election.
Speaker 1: John F.
Speaker 5: Kennedy presaged the social and political transformations of the sixties. Ronald Reagan and eighty announced the arrival of a new political economy for the West five weeks before his inauguration. Mister Trump's new order is well underway. I don't know if that's overstating it or not making it a Kennedy type Reagan type moment, but man, it certainly could be.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, absolutely, Yeah, it's early days. It's a it's a really good start. But these aren't normal early days. That's the point. They're not like any early days I've seen, maybe.
Speaker 5: Obama that first time where everybody was so in love with him.
Speaker 1: But yeah, it's this, this, this is amazing, especially for a guy who, you know.
Speaker 5: The only thing we've heard for ten years is his high negatives and.
Speaker 1: Most unpopular this and that have ever this is astounding. This is just astounding.
Speaker 4: I think in two of the three examples we gave of transitional periods presaging, you know, real change in America's politics that was aided along by the incumbent being incredibly weak, Jimmy Carr and Joe Biden specifically.
Speaker 1: So I think there's just that.
Speaker 4: Do you remember Do you remember, unless you've got a serious neurological condition, Yes, you remember the just euphoria on the Democratic side of the aisle when Joe Biden about a hot to have cared his way out of the race and they got a new chance, the great Kamala Harris, who everybody knew was moron.
Speaker 1: But just the newness finally out with the old.
Speaker 5: I think part of it is that, Honestly, Maggie Haberman, who hates Trump, writes, he has enjoyed a steady stream of vanquished opponents and critics and business leaders who once spurned him, arriving to pay respects, seek jobs, or simply watch him press play on the iPad that he uses to control the music from the patio during the dinner hours. It's so funny that Trump runs the music during East the.
Speaker 1: DJ DJ Marlango. He has the iPad with him.
Speaker 5: I've seen the videos of it, and they're all eating and the songs about to end, and he's scrolling through and picks.
Speaker 1: I'm guessing a lot of yacht rock.
Speaker 5: A lot of yacht rock, and then he'll fire up YMCA right before dessert and everybody.
Speaker 1: Does oh yes, dinner table events. I don't know.
Speaker 5: I maybe I'm gonna feel like a sap later, but I'm optimistic that something could actually happen.
Speaker 1: Like with this Doge thing.
Speaker 5: The Committee's having their first big get together today, and with Elon Musk's high profile and maybe just maybe enough important people realizing it's practically now or never that something can happen. I don't know. I hope I don't look back on this in two years. In the thing I am nothing. Nothing, nothing happened, not only little, but nothing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think I don't think it'll be little or nothing. I think it'll be significant. I know a lot of our hopes will be dashed. I'm already highly troubled by Trump's seeming willingness to sell the actual working man in woman in favor of union support for the very very few from the longshoreman, for instance. His support of that union and what they're doing and against you know, automation is awful. That's picking you know what five hundred workers prospects against the prospects of fifty million workers. Since more efficient to docs and trade would be better for everybody, and preventing that is only good for a tiny group of people.
Speaker 5: Another thing about the Trump moment is his amazing for him self control he's had thus far and had throughout the press conference yesterday. He had an opportunity to go Trump and go dark and go vengeance or go insult on a whole bunch of different answers, and he took a pass. How long can he keep that up? Is Susie Wilds got some sort of special talent? Is she like custom motto was for Mike Tyson and nobody else could do it? Can she whisper in his ear? Before Trump goes out there, remember the goal. Keep your eye on the prize, eyeing the prize. It's not about the one person you hate. Keep your eye on the prize. Because he took a pass on all kinds of.
Speaker 4: Normal Trump targets yesterday, right right, You know, I was gonna speculate that maybe it's that he's still trying to earn the admiration of guys like Elon Musk, who he's close to, and he wants to be the statesman. Although Elon Musky is one of the great insult comics in the history of the Internet.
Speaker 1: So maybe not. Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 4: You're right, though, I mean that observation is one hundred percent right. He's very statesman like these days.
Speaker 1: Can he keep that up? No? Oh is that rhetorical? Sorry, he's older.
Speaker 5: He he might have decided. You know, I'd kind of like to be remembered as a good president.
Speaker 1: Sure.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And honestly, I don't think giving it up entirely is a good idea anyway. That the the quick political wit, the well placed insult where it's appropriate, Yeah, that's part of the conversation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but don't where it's appropriate is the key.
Speaker 5: You've got to stay away from the you know, I prefer people who don't get captured about John McCain or whatever.
Speaker 1: You know, all those things. They were just so over the top that was ages ago. Yeah, but of course you're right, Yeah, don't don't punch down.
Speaker 5: He didn't tweet out that picture of a fat Chris Christie McDonald's over the weekend, So oh, maybe that's his outlet. Maybe Susie Wils's go ahead, truth social your fat jokes and all that sort of stuff doesn't really have might matter, just at the podium on MIC. You could keep it under control. Maybe that's his outlet.
Speaker 4: She's got a list of four people he's allowed to insult. All right, you're feeling like it, go after Christy. Christy's fine. Kamala, that'd be fine too. Oh, speaking of Kamala, I have some Kamala news that please. People are gonna spit coffee all over the windshields. It's it's it's unbelievable.
Speaker 5: Wow, that's cool, that's very, very exciting. I just it has to do with her future plans. I have to what is this stuff on my desk? I have to resist the temptation to because I listened to NPR on the way to work, and I really need to fight the temptation to just be a you know, a response to NPR. Although NPR is pretty powerful, has really good ratings all across the country a lot because they have a different business model than every other radio station and that they didn't have to worry about ads or profit I think a government support.
Speaker 2: But so.
Speaker 5: I feel like somebody needs to respond to some of the news that they put out there, because I have friends who believe all that NPR crap. But they did a story about homelessness today, in particular to Montana, and they presented it as since the Supreme Court ruled that you don't have to supply shelter for homeless people, cities across America, including these in Montana, shutting down their homeless shelters right before winter, and they presented it as if the trump right wing Supreme Court swooped in and took away a right that has always existed from are unhoused as opposed to there was one wacky ruling that threw homelessness into a crisis and finally we got it straightened back out again, right, And gonna look into that story a little bit more later in the show. I think it's important for the national conversation about homelessness. And I don't know where all of y'all come down on it, but a whole bunch of towns that had put up shelters because that was the law at the time, and they wanted to be able to boot the homeless people out of their town, but you couldn't legally unless you had a shelter provided for them, and so they put up enough shelters to provide for him. Now that that's not the lawnymore. They're saying, okay, enough of the shelters.
Speaker 1: Well right right.
Speaker 4: In fact, those laws were so loopy you could safely describe them as you're not allowed to enforce your laws unless you have a bed for each vagrant. Right well, the ultimate's camping, pan handling, sleeping on the sidewalk, what have you, public defecation.
Speaker 5: The fastest growing homeless population in America right now is in Montana, and pr of course portrayed as because of high housing costs, rent and mortgages, because that's what we all do if rent gets too high, we go live on the street and new drugs.
Speaker 1: But more on that later.
Speaker 5: The main question, of course, being is housing a right? Is housing a right? That's what we got to figure out as a country. My answer would be no. Let's start the show officially. I'm Jack Armstrong, He's Joe Getty on this It is Tuesday, December seventeenth, the year twenty twenty four. Life was not a boor in twenty four? Were Armstrong in getting we approved of this program.
Speaker 4: Let's begin then, officially according FCC rules and regulations, here we go.
Speaker 1: The show starts at mark.
Speaker 6: Not going to comment on the putin question, but I will comment on on BB.
Speaker 1: Who had a very good talk.
Speaker 6: As you know, I gave warning that if these hostages aren't back home by that date, all hell's going to break out.
Speaker 5: Trump threatening Hamas as opposed to threatening Israel is a breath of fresh air. You think you've had a bad year, Hamas, brace yourself? Right, How does mailbag look very good?
Speaker 1: Quite nice?
Speaker 5: Any chance next year is going to be like the most normal year we've had in quite some time. No, no, how could it? Well, we just came out of this wacky presidential election. I feel like we could return to some sort of normalcy. You don't think so, it's a long shot.
Speaker 1: I tell you what.
Speaker 4: You you bet that you will win handsomely if you win, because with all the geo political instability going on right now, the Middle East is about to go nuts by the standards of the Middle.
Speaker 5: East, right, for instance, Russia, Ukraine and China. You're right, Uh, here's our text line four one five two nine five KFTC.
Speaker 1: Sanna's coming around and all the ground.
Speaker 4: Fat anyway, Anyway, I was tempted to jump into a different discussion, but I don't want to.
Speaker 1: You got a tree, you don't got kids in your house anymore. You have a tree up. Oh yeah, yep, festive.
Speaker 4: Judy's got all over her nutcrackers out and and uh yeah the house is nice. We're going to decorate it when a little d our youngest gets here with her man for a visit.
Speaker 1: I'm looking forward to it. Yeah, why not.
Speaker 4: I wish the big kids could be here, But work and travel and all is tough this time here anyway. Uh, here's a freedom loving quote of the day. I absolutely love set along by Matt the Idaho Farmhan. It's Kevin Roberts, who's the president of the Heritage Foundation.
Speaker 1: I'm saving this one.
Speaker 4: Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire. The preservation of fire strikes me as a good metaphor for conservatism. It's not rose tinted nostalgia and idealized past. It preserves they to the past and applies its lessons to the present. Maintaining a controlled burn is a way to a better future. Interesting tending the fire of democracy.
Speaker 1: I like that. No, you don't like that. You're not impressed by that? No reaction at all.
Speaker 5: Well, the populace has to want that. I think that's what happens. That's what I think I'm starting to learn as I get older. No, if they don't, you jab them with one of the burning embers. Continue to the metaphor. I'm kidding.
Speaker 4: Yeah, More on that to come, obviously, the ongoing conversation.
Speaker 1: First, mail bag.
Speaker 4: If you would like to communicate, there are a couple of ways to do it. You can text us four one five, two nine five KFTC or drops a note via email. Mail bag at Armstrong and Getty dot com. Paolo one of a couple of people, one of several people do weigh in on the Fermi paradox. If there are so many planets, there ought to be a lot of life. Why I haven't re found it? And Polo goes into some of the numbers, which I think are so interesting. As we know, it requires a lot of very special circumstances to evolve, so the occurrences of it may be relatively sparse, but the universe is vast, so it's likely to happen in places other than in the Earth.
Speaker 1: And some of the numbers are mind blowing.
Speaker 4: There are hundreds of billions of stars in our galaxy alone. They're an estimated two hundred billion to two trillion galaxies in the universe.
Speaker 1: The estimates just keep growing. His telescopes see further.
Speaker 4: So, you know, as he points out, but everything's very very very far away and we can't get there really detect much.
Speaker 1: But then I like this from burbank Luke, but the main question being, but then where are they?
Speaker 4: Or as burbank Luke points out, and you know, I almost jumped into this yesterday, but we were pressed for time, when are they? The Fermi paradox makes sense for the same reason. SETI is futile time. That's the our listening giant listening telescope or what would you call listening dish right, what's the term, doesn't matter station listening station. Surely there is was other intelligent life in the universe. They could trundle along for eons and the primordial soup, then the lungs, the legs, the opposable thumbs.
Speaker 1: Then they're using rocks as tools and so on.
Speaker 4: Eventually they figure out broadcast TV, which is what SETI listens for, basically sitcoms of the Hexapus family holiday specials, and the next thing you know, they all blow each other up in the Pentane wars. The last part only takes two hundred years. It's a synchronization problem.
Speaker 5: There are no blips of sound out there from previous civilizations that became advanced, none floating through the universe.
Speaker 1: Not a blip. Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 4: The numbers are too fast for me to comprehend. I've decided decided a long time ago, the great, the great questions of physics and science were so beyond me. I would stick with the more mundane, you know, things that we are dealing with here in the primordial soup.
Speaker 1: Like how do I get the lid off this thing?
Speaker 4: Little more like how should civilizations be organized? Okay, side show Bob Wrights on the top of the drones. Isn't it funny that we have more verified photos of Hunter's junk than these drones. I'm starting to come on, I did not see Hunter Biden's junk entering into the conversation comparison there it is. I'm starting to think this is this is nothing more than our generation's War of the worlds.
Speaker 1: Thanks Bob Well.
Speaker 5: Trump was asking about this at the press conference sation day. I thought his answer was damned interesting. We'll play that for you coming home. Then, Shaun ways In. I mean, it could be the DoD but why did the drones force Right Patterson Air Base to close on Friday. I'm not saying it's the enemy, but I'm thinking you're given these morons too much credit, Like, what about the Biden administration has led you to think they're on this. Hell, we're probably about a week away from Harris being appointed.
Speaker 1: Drones are Yeah, they didn't close an air Force base.
Speaker 5: Briefly, you'd think if the government was behind the drones, the government would be able to tell the Airporce base you don't need to close it's us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you would, unless it was just so top secret that, hey, look, air Force is going to be inconvenience for a couple of days. But we've got to do this again.
Speaker 5: Trump was asked about it. I thought his answer was interesting, among other things, on the ways they do.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and getty.
Speaker 6: We'll take a look at TikTok.
Speaker 7: You know, I have a warm spot in my heart for TikTok because I won Youth by thirty four points. And there are those that say that TikTok has something to do with that TikTok had an impact.
Speaker 6: And so we're taking a look at it.
Speaker 1: But you know, we won youth.
Speaker 6: Republicans are always thirty points down in youth.
Speaker 5: Trump is such a negotiator, and that's what he has been his whole life. I mean, the whole will take a look at that is just it's just it's just a what do you got for me? That's what that is.
Speaker 4: Yes, And the fact that his reaction when asked about TikTok was not about the national security of the United States but how it benefited him is well that's Trump.
Speaker 5: Well yeah, also, but you know, he's he's he's wanting somebody to come forward with enough money or giveaways or something to get him to change his mind. He's just he's he's he's the negotiator, and he's always open. I'm always open. Make an offering. Is everything is up.
Speaker 1: For negotiation, make an offer.
Speaker 4: Well, and some big money guy out there heard in effect, you know, Trump is pro TikTok. We could probably get some pretty good policy. Maybe we do try to buy it from the Chinese.
Speaker 5: I guess my point was he he just never closes the door on anything like like we've you know, we have agents that have shown that sort of thing. U and TikTok's set to go away what middle of January. I mean, it's going to not be a thing in the United States in the middle of January unless something big happens. And uh, maybe the biggest opponent of TikTok in the entire US government is Marco Rubio, who's been on every talk show he could get on for years now talking about how it's insane that we allow TikTok in this country. And that's Trump's Secretary of State. So it'd be interesting to see how that plays out. As they pointed out on Foction.
Speaker 1: Friends this morning, quoting Marco Rubio.
Speaker 5: You download the TikTok app, they immediately the Chinese Communist Party has access to everything in your phone immediately when you download that app.
Speaker 1: I think it's We're such a dope as a country. We really are. It is nuts, of course it's not.
Speaker 5: And in addition to that, and then I'll move on from TikTok because I wasn't planning to talk TikTok, but in addition to the fact that they have access to all your infos so basically, you know, get into everything, build a profile on you, steal information, all that sort of stuff. They're putting out all this news that is pro China's agenda and anti Vus agenda and whatever.
Speaker 1: Smart person who has listened to on cable.
Speaker 5: News today said, TikTok is going to be full of news. And since our young people get half their news from TikTok about why the tariffs against China are horrible and shouldn't happen, how they're hurting them, right, and so we let our young people be educated on all the issues by the Chinese Communist Party.
Speaker 4: Well, they're being stupefied. They're stupid ofied half the time, and the other half of the time they're being misinformed for the purposes of cheshin ping.
Speaker 1: But there are funny videos.
Speaker 4: Oh come on, is there any country that's got any sense left?
Speaker 1: I'll move there.
Speaker 5: I'm sure there's lots of these, But I saw the one yesterday where it's popular now to have T shirts that have the what do you call that symbol thing on where you put your phone over it with the picture like the menus at restaurants now, Oh QR code, Yeah, QR coat on T shirts and you do the QRE because they're curious, you do the qrqte on the guy's T shirt and it's the Trump Trump doing the Trump dance.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, that's so funny. Speaking of Trump press.
Speaker 5: Conference yesterday that I saw almost universal, if not praise, grudging He much better now than he was before. Ish from the MSNBC crowd on the way he handled his press conference. But here's here's him me and ask about the drone situation.
Speaker 4: You call them on the drones that are flying out reports and it seems like that there people have a big disc the government.
Speaker 1: The government knows what is happening.
Speaker 8: Look, our military knows where they took off from.
Speaker 6: If it's a garage, they can go right into that garage. They know where it came from and where it went.
Speaker 8: And for some reason they don't want to comment, and I think they'd be better off saying what it is. Our military knows, and our president knows. And for some reason they want to keep people in suspense.
Speaker 6: I can't imagine it's the enemy, because it was the enemy they'd blasted out, even if they were late, they'd blasted.
Speaker 8: Something strange is going on. For some reason, they don't want to tell the people, and they should because the people are really I mean, they happen to be over Bedminster.
Speaker 1: We want to know.
Speaker 8: They're very close to Bedminster. I think maybe I won't spend the weekend in Bedminster. I've decided to cancel my trip.
Speaker 5: No, we don't have the follow up. That's important, the follow up being have you been briefed on this? And he said, I'm I'm not going to comment on that. It sure sounds like he has been, and he almost certainly has been. As the incoming president, they start doing the full on daily briefing with the incoming president right here, So he's been briefed on it. He knows what's going on. I thought he obviously, by Trump style, took a pass there to take a shot at Biden.
Speaker 1: Our president knows.
Speaker 5: He didn't say sleepy Joe or stupid Joe, or Joe's wandering.
Speaker 1: Around to the backyard or any of the normal things.
Speaker 4: He didn't refer to him as the Mummy, as some radio shows perhaps have.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and because he was president of the United States for four years, he also absolutely knows the capabilities of our military.
Speaker 1: And he's saying that the military knows where they're coming from and what they are, so.
Speaker 4: Hey, when he was saying, look, the military knows what's going on. They know where they took off. If they came from a garage, they could go to that cash. Am I the only one who is sitting here thinking is this classified? Are we supposed to know? The military can do that? But it is interesting what the technology is now.
Speaker 5: Most people seem to think that he did has had a briefing on the whole thing, and so, yeah, so him saying the military's on top of it, but they won't tell you. For some reason, the president knows, but for some reason they're not telling you that.
Speaker 1: That's interesting. I don't.
Speaker 5: I'm still mystified as to what's going on me too.
Speaker 4: There are at least five different scenarios that I consider equally likely. I'm completely at c on this one.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: One other Trump related thing that I wanted to throw out before we take a break is RFK Junior was on the hill yesterday trying to woo senators to his side, and this is another example of if you take your information through mainsteam media. RFK Junior is a complete nut job and everything he proposes is evil, awful, and only a crazy person would think it. Pulling out today, eight and ten American adults support requiring nutrition, education, and federally funded medical schools.
Speaker 1: That's one of RFK junior things.
Speaker 5: Seventy four percent support banning certain additives, including dies, from the nation's food supply. Another RFK junior thing, a seventy four percent. Now, that doesn't mean the population's right or well informed on this stuff, but I'm just saying it's not a lot of these things as aren't being received like, oh my god, how could he do that? Like is being portrayed portrayed on the evening news even on two thirds of Americans, including seventy one percent of Democrats, want the federal government to increase restrictions on the use of pesticides and agricultural products. Banning processed foods in public school lunch is supported by two thirds of both Democrats and Republicans. I don't know if I agree with all this stuff, but the public is not going Could you possibly even on the one that gets less than fifty percent? On florid Fluorid in the nation's drinking water, Kennedy said he wants to get rid of drinking water. Fluoride removal is backed by fifty six percent Republicans only a third of Democrats.
Speaker 1: But that's not.
Speaker 5: Nut job territory for discussing it. I don't know what I think of that issue.
Speaker 4: By the way, if it leads toward a reassessment of the policy using twenty first century science, there's nothing wrong with that. On some other public issues raised by Kennedy, Republicans Democrats are more split, like whether the drug ozimpic ought to be restricted for weight loss. Forty three percent of Democrats support restricting the drug fifty two percent of Republicans, so as opposed to what.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I know it can help with like alcoholism and stuff like that, but I can't imagine anybody'd be against that.
Speaker 5: I don't know the issue on the people are saying the ozempic for other things.
Speaker 1: I have to look it up.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I didn't know that was a hot topic that they even asked about it. The one, oh, I wonder on the whole food coloring thing, it's probably not good to put extra stuff in our food. That's completely unnecessary, even if you even if there's no science saying that making this look a little more brown or red or green.
Speaker 1: Or whatever doesn't do any damage.
Speaker 5: What's the upside of putting you know, chemicals and food, But I think you take away that.
Speaker 1: Food dye and a lot of us are going to look at our food and.
Speaker 5: Think, ah, could you bring back the food dye.
Speaker 1: I don't like the way it just looks. Well, that doesn't make it good though.
Speaker 4: I mean, we've gotten used to the utterly unnatural rainbow hues and processed food.
Speaker 1: I think we need to ease into it. Though.
Speaker 5: Everything's gonna be kind of a gray brown, right, lots of gray brown food.
Speaker 4: Hey, it's nothing more delicious looking than that. Kind of weird? Is that green or is that gray?
Speaker 1: Anyway? Well, I don't know.
Speaker 4: It's you don't have to have food that's colored like a tropical fish to find it delicious. I mean, again, it's utterly unnatural. We weren't eating food that looked like that seventy five years ago. We'll go back, it'll.
Speaker 5: Be fine, decent point. Oh yeah, that's the one thing, the one thing I'll I'll bring up the one thing. RFK Junior said that is clearly true.
Speaker 4: After this, Join Prize Picks now this holiday season, Price Picks is giving away two free picks in December, and they're giving away thirty plus million dollars in rewards during pismuths.
Speaker 1: It's super easy to do.
Speaker 4: You just pick two or more players across whatever sports you want and go with more or less of.
Speaker 1: The estimate on them, and then watch your your weddings grow.
Speaker 5: Another example of how price Picks puts their members first, All withdrawls are fast, safe and secure. When my pick's hit, I can get my money and as quick as fifteen minutes. They've really figured out a way to streamline this.
Speaker 4: And if you sign up today, you get fifty bucks instantly. When you play five dollars. You don't even need to win to receive a fifty dollars bonus. It's guarantee.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 4: You just play a five dollars lineup and they give you a fifty dollars bonus. Price Picks also offers weekly promotions they can lead to big payouts, like Taco Tuesday. Each Tuesday, Prize Picks discount select player projections up to twenty five percent. To provide even more value for your lineups. Just get that Prize Picks app today wherever you like to download apps, use the code Armstrong to get fifty bucks instantly when you play that first five dollars lineup again. It's the prize picks app, use your code Armstrong Price Picks Run your game now.
Speaker 5: A lot of critics of RFK Junior are going with, for instance, make Polio great Again. You know, is anti vax stance, How anti vaxx is he Trump was asking about this yesterday. One of the things he said is RFK Junior is a lot less out there than a lot of you think. And you'll find that out during the hearings, which is what you keep saying. We have a process for this. They'll be asked about it, we'll all get to hear it, and we'll see what he thinks. Yeah, wild press speculation is not actually mentioned in the constitution, but there is this from RFK Junior. Two thirds of American adults and children suffer from chronic health issues. Fifty years ago, that number was less than one percent. We've gone from one percent to sixty six percent in fifty years. I don't know if that's because of food dye or vaccinations or whatever. But as we were talking about yesterday, chronic depression and anxiety and all these different things really worth taking a look at.
Speaker 4: Why you know that reminds me I came across this. I haven't independently verified it. But it's from a Twitter account that I've followed and looked at many times and never found it to be wrong. This is from Business Insider, which is a liberal publication, but you know, not completely louning to its daily calories consumed to buy Americans?
Speaker 1: Oh boy, is it not gonnout me specifically?
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, In fact, your picture with big fat cheeks is right at the illustration here. Actually it's like a big gichanic hamburger and fries that looks really good.
Speaker 1: I have a doughnut in the other hand. Wish I was eating it right now.
Speaker 4: Anyway, in nineteen sixty one, I'm going round a little bit here. Ironically, the American the average American consumed twenty nine hundred calories twenty nine hundred, it's now thirty seven hundred. Whoa Why have Americans gotten fatter? I mean, there are a handful of things that have contributed. But if that is true, if that's verifiable, come on.
Speaker 5: The average American takes in thirty seven hundred calories a day.
Speaker 1: Yes, sir, wow, that's a lot.
Speaker 4: That's from the Food and Agricultural Organization of the United Nations Statistics Division National geographic.
Speaker 5: I don't know, I don't know how you'd nail that down, but man, if that's true, that's a high number.
Speaker 1: Although do you that strike you as accurate? Though?
Speaker 5: If you eat out much, Man, you sit down at an Applebee's and you look at the menu, if you live somewhere where they have the calories next to the I mean, you get a big cheeseburger and fries and everything, it's gonna be like twenty four hundred calories to get a You're gonna be there for that meal, little one the day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, wow, that is something.
Speaker 4: Twenty nine hundred was the average in nineteen sixty one, now thirty seven hundred.
Speaker 5: And all that food information you see on the back of the bottle of anything is all based on a two thousand calorie diet, which apparently nobody's doing.
Speaker 4: Right right, And it's worth pointing out because, I mean, that is only eight hundred calories a day, which is plenty. But once you're taking in more than you need, right, I mean, it cascades you keep gaining weight.
Speaker 5: That's interesting. We've got Katie's headlines on the way and a bunch more news to get to today.
Speaker 1: Stay here, Thank you, lou Rawls. You should bring up that calorie stuff again. In the show, we sh talked about that. That's probably the most important thing I'm gonna hear today.
Speaker 5: It could be yeah, heading into more of the holiday eating season before I get to the eating playoffs and try to win the championship.
Speaker 9: I wish McDonald's didn't tell us how many calories were.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm not going to McDonald's to check calories. I don't need to know.
Speaker 5: I go back and forth on that. It keeps, it keeps, it keeps me from ordering certain things. Sometimes maybe I'll get the mcclury ooh, another eleven hundred calories.
Speaker 1: I don't know that I need that.
Speaker 4: Human beings were not designed to be roving through a world where delicious fruit is falling from the trees and suicidal antelopes run up to you and offer you their meat. That's not the way we were designed. And what have we done? Antelopes were run up to you, Go ahead, eat me, I'll cook it for you real quick. Now let me cover it in cheese. Shocking, shocking. Let's figure out who's reporting what it's the lead story with Katie Green.
Speaker 9: Katie starting with Brightbart dot com. Madison Christian School attack. Second grader reportedly called nine one one to alert police.
Speaker 5: Oh, I've seen him interviewing this little girl. Yeah, no mineral business. But mom, dad, everyone leave the little girl alone. There's no way this is good for her. Yeah, take her home and get the cameras away now.
Speaker 9: NBC Ukraine Security Service claims assassination.
Speaker 2: Of Russian general sanctioned for chemical weapons use I saw that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they'd blow him up right in the middle of Moscow. I guess right for Blue from.
Speaker 9: Fox News, drones spotted across the northeast, likely coming from quote inside the US.
Speaker 2: According to military expert, the drones.
Speaker 1: Are coming from inside the country.
Speaker 5: I think most of us are assuming that at this point, right nobod's thinking it's Theiranian mothership or whatever.
Speaker 9: From the New York Times, who now has tampoons in the men's bathroom, no place to hide, trapped on the border.
Speaker 2: Immigrants fear deep rotation with.
Speaker 1: Trump, All right, they should.
Speaker 4: I want to get into that New York Times story about the tamboon and some We have a gender betting madness update coming, and it's just it's ridiculous. Finds there are most one percent of the employees of the New York Times consider themselves not a dude or a dude at at most it's one percent.
Speaker 2: From The New York Post.
Speaker 9: California felon who was granted quote compassionate release after twenty six years behind bars sent back to prison for the exact same crime.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: From CNN after.
Speaker 9: Years on a transplant list, alabamam, my grandmother receives kidney from gene edited pig oh.
Speaker 5: First time ever. And if this works, that'll be a really big deal. We'll be able to make as many kidneys.
Speaker 2: As you want.
Speaker 1: Who wants a kidney? You want?
Speaker 4: Did a new kidney just for fun? Half human a half pigs running around? Jack is perfectly comfortable with that.
Speaker 1: Do they vote?
Speaker 4: Do they get the right to free speech? That's what I want to know, or free squealing? You know, as the case.
Speaker 9: Maybe rough study finds resting gift face. How good are you at hiding your disappointment during the holidays?
Speaker 1: That's funny, I've gotten very good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no kidding, Oh you've got to. It's hard though, it's you really get because because it happens in a moment's notice. It's not like you're a method actor and you can like get yourself worked up into the state where you're gonna give a great perforce, Like all of a sudden.
Speaker 3: You're on, oh hey, hey, that's great.
Speaker 5: I've got one kid that, for better or worse, does not even try this is it? This is what I'm getting. I don't want any of this stuff. Oh yeah, it's rough.
Speaker 1: Well, you know where you stand.
Speaker 9: And finally, the Babylon be Mystery drones turn out to just be elaborate gender reveal party.
Speaker 5: How long is this going to go on before we get our answer? Or willious go away as a story?
Speaker 1: Like what is it? What is it?
Speaker 4: I mean, because there's the really suspicious stuff, then there's the thousands of drones that are around anyways.
Speaker 1: Armstrong and Getty