Speaker 1: It's I Do Part two and I'm back on the Pond once again, and it is one of your favorite golden shows that you don't recognize my voice, it's Susan Oles. And today it's going to be a really fun episode because I have one of my dearest Bachelor Nation friends here, Teresa Iss Teresa in the house. Hi, Hi, it's so good to see. I know, I know you can tell them how I.
Speaker 2: Guess a few weeks ago, maybe three weeks ago, he went on June twenty first that you got he's your house, and I felt like, well, it's all like she lives here forever.
Speaker 3: You were so good, it was all set up for you. Jersey's like part of me too.
Speaker 1: But I kept saying, Teresa, I love North Jersey and all your friends and every This isn't North Jersey.
Speaker 3: It was Central Jersey, and say, oh my god, so she considers this North Jersey. No, it's Central Jersey. Such a good time. We did.
Speaker 1: We ate well, we drank well, we shopped well, and I even got her to go on the beach. However, she wore long sleeves and covers. But I don't want to contend.
Speaker 2: No, Honestly, I had so many things planned for you. I was going to take take you to about nine different beach towns and you saw these boutiques and you said, that's it, that's all I want to do.
Speaker 1: We saw Hamy, we saw four, didn't we It was at least four beach so far. Yeah, that's funny. And I guess what. I had such a good time. You have a lovely home, great friend. And I would come back so we could see the other five.
Speaker 3: It's awesome. Okay, I'm ready.
Speaker 1: All right, So today on this podcast I do part two. It's all about love and loss and finding love again. So today I thought it would be fun to dive into some topics that are a reality for us Golden's.
Speaker 3: And obviously we got them.
Speaker 1: Something's happening in the bachelor world that we've got to talk about too, don't you think.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think that I know.
Speaker 1: Okay, So we gave him a little background of where we've been at for you.
Speaker 3: You have lost a husband. You want to share just to update everybody. Yeah, sure.
Speaker 2: So it's really hard to believe that it will be eleven years. I'm Veterans Day this year that my husband passed away.
Speaker 1: So now.
Speaker 2: I was sixty one when he died. I'm about to be seventy two.
Speaker 3: It's very, very hard to believe.
Speaker 2: When my husband first passed away, I don't know if it's the reaction of every woman, but I really thought it was the end.
Speaker 3: I said, I will never have sex again, I will never fall in love again, I'll never be with a man again. And that was the way it was.
Speaker 2: I cried for like fourteen months and then found one day I woke up and I said to my daughter, that's it. I just want to go out to dinner with a man. And she put me on Match and the rest is history. So I've got a lot of I had a down path how to get on Match, how to do that?
Speaker 1: And sometimes we hate Match, you know, yeah, yeah, And everybody knows that I was married and had three children, six great grandchildren, and we're still friends, but we are divorced. And I did find love just this year. It's just been five months and it's his first time in the United States. So so many people online on social media have comments and beautiful ones, but you know, Teresa had some negativity out there. He just wants a green card and he's using you for your money. I wish I had all that money.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, it's about love. It's about love. It's an important thing in the world. I mean, how wonderful for you that you found love. I'm really so thrilled and so happy for you, Susan.
Speaker 1: I wanted for everybody. Yeah, for everybody. So what approached now, especially after the show that we used to do back in the day when we were young you met people out or somebody introduced you, right, yeah, and then we tried the dating apps after we had our lives with kids and husbands and such. And now when we first got off the show, were you jumping back on No?
Speaker 2: I wasn't at all, you know, I did. I jump back into my life because I really do have a beautiful life. I mean, I've got a beautiful family. I have seven grandsons.
Speaker 3: I am more content now than I've ever been. I mean, the show taught me so much.
Speaker 2: It was the most incredible, wonderful experience. But it kind of really did teach me to be happier.
Speaker 3: With what I have. And it's not I really want love. I really want to be in love. I think it's the most wonderful feeling in the world.
Speaker 2: I am open to it floor that, But it's not like I'm desperate to.
Speaker 3: Do that, right, You're fine by your.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, and you know would say you know your Thank goodness, you don't have to go on dating apps.
Speaker 3: But even if you.
Speaker 2: Go on a dating app, I'm seventy two. There is no man at the age of seventy two.
Speaker 3: You gotta go on the re search criteria a seventy two year old woman. It just doesn't happen. They gotta go younger.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's the way of the world. So I'm probably okay with a ninety year old.
Speaker 1: And you know, it's funny the dating trend right now. I mean, think about it. Everybody splits the bill, or they don't call, they only text. Ohor how about this one being ghosted? Have you been I was ghosted?
Speaker 3: No, I actually have not been disgusted. I haven't. But that's not nice. That's so not nice to do. It's a terrible thing. I was like, what are you serious? You know what it is.
Speaker 2: It's just like the next day after a date. I guess they aren't brave enough to say I don't think.
Speaker 3: That we are a good fit. So you have to be able to see that and be an adult.
Speaker 1: Don't you think it's easy to do it by text? I mean, yes, it's just a text. You don't even have to look at them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just a text. Just say it, just say I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: I had a wonderful time, but I just don't think we're the right person for each other.
Speaker 3: That's it. That's all you have to do. So ghosting it is not nice.
Speaker 1: Exactly when I got stood up, I called it back in the day. It was being stood up and I got ghosted. And I went to this place and I sat at the bar. I had a glass of wine and I'm never really early.
Speaker 3: That's all I'm going to say.
Speaker 1: And there was this lovely couple sitting next to me, and I had a full glass of wine. I don't drink that fast. And I'm just sitting there, sitting there, and they're looking at me, and I finally shared with them, well you had to hurt hear them. The husband was like, if he does show up, I'm going to pull the chair when he goes to siting now.
Speaker 3: And the woman's I said.
Speaker 1: To the woman, what do you think one glass of wine and go or do I order a second? And she goes wow, I said no, that wasn't really a question.
Speaker 3: A lot of ordering a second.
Speaker 1: I mean, it hasn't happened to you, right, No.
Speaker 2: It hasn't. Well, thankfully it hasn't. No, But but what would happen? I will tell you that every time I would go out to a data I had it down to a science. I knew how how many times you should text each other, and then when it moves to a phone call, and how many phone calls until you finally decided to meet.
Speaker 3: And then there would be times when right away.
Speaker 1: You would know that it wasn't working with in the first two minutes, right, But I would.
Speaker 2: Go there with such a great attitude, like I'm going to have a great time.
Speaker 3: This person went out of their way to meet me, so let's just have fun. And I would always.
Speaker 2: Offer to split the bill, and then if it didn't work out, then you just tell them the.
Speaker 1: Next day, so you know, it's funny, I do as well offer you with the bill, and many many have said, oh, thank you very much, and I will I know I'll.
Speaker 3: Never see them again.
Speaker 1: The first date I shared a deer not on your life, you know, thank you.
Speaker 3: It was very nice of you to offer. But yeah, it's a gentleman.
Speaker 1: But I also get that so many people are dating so much on dating apps right that they can't afford to meet three people.
Speaker 3: In a week.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, you're right, that's true, Sarah. Men would just say to me, no, my dad would never let me live it down, so they would they would say that. And you know, I've made friends, I've stayed friends with some of these people.
Speaker 3: So absolutely, it's all good.
Speaker 1: Have you heard of silver divorce or a gray divorce?
Speaker 3: By chance? No, I don't know what that is, no idea.
Speaker 1: It's when people fifty plus get divorced after a very long term marriage. Why do you think people are divorcing so much later in life?
Speaker 3: And do you know anyone?
Speaker 2: I really do think it's because, and I didn't think of this before. Maybe they wait until their children are gone and out of the house. Maybe there were underlying problems the entire time. And then you know, with women, it takes them a long time to leave, and they build it up and build it up and build it up, and then all of a sudden, and I heard this from so many men.
Speaker 3: They'd say to me, Oh my god, I was blindsided.
Speaker 2: I had no idea about my wife felt that way, and all of a sudden, she just she left me. But with a woman, it's it takes a long time to get there, but when she gets there, it's the end.
Speaker 3: It's over. There's no turning back.
Speaker 1: You hit the nail right on the head. I mean, I did it. I waited till my kids were out of high school, and they and they even said to me, Mom, why did you wait so long. We weren't people that argued or fought or anything. We just kind of lived separately.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And to know anyone who's done this, I have to say yes. And in my experience the people that I know, one of the partners were gay.
Speaker 3: Wow, oh yeah, that happens.
Speaker 1: It was a healthy marriage, yes, and there was no bad points, but it was a man. It was actually two and they came out later in life. And it's sad.
Speaker 3: But and that is sad.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's still said that they have to repress that the entire marriage.
Speaker 3: And that's that. You just hit on another point.
Speaker 2: That's really great that people grow differently, and they grow and they have different goals in life and different passions, and so you start growing apart, and it's really hard to be married it's hard to be married for a really long time.
Speaker 1: It's no one told me it was the hardest job you were ever going to have.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, like you go to you can't.
Speaker 2: What happens is you start taking that person for granted, and instead what you have to do is look at them with new eyes every day and like, this is why you chose this person.
Speaker 1: And re event that the exciting times. I mean, I'm sure things go stale. It was just raising kids and things like that. A lot happens then about not doing each other, you know, in any favors. Yeah, because you were so occupied with your raising your children, keeping your housekeeping, your career. But today now I don't know how you feel, but it's the best time to date or fall in love because I don't have to worry about all that. You focus on one another exactly.
Speaker 2: And I think that was a misconception that younger people had about us, that life was over. But we, all of us on the show and so many more women in this world, are so full of life and energy and desire and passion, and we want to do things and we've got we feel like, we really do feel like there's so much life left to live, So we're forced to be reckoned with and these young people should feel so inspired by that and not fear of getting old because of who we.
Speaker 1: Are exactly, and there's a perfect example that their life is full of possibilities and it's not over. One of my favorite lines was, this is my last chapter in life, and I hope it's the longest chapter. Yeah, yeah, being said, I feel so much differently about who I am.
Speaker 3: Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: You have to love yourself, and a lot of the young people believe they love themselves, but they're not there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And you.
Speaker 2: Know at this point, if you don't know who you are, you really know who you are and you know what's important in your life. So you do love yourself and you feel That's why I was saying before that I feel more at peace with myself and Eve exactly right.
Speaker 3: And it's so great that you've found Frederica.
Speaker 1: Oh yes it is. He met my children and my little granddaughter four years old. We were all in the pool at one point and she looks over and she goes, me, me, you like him. I said, that's Frederic. Yes, I know, she said. I said, he loves me me. She said, he does. I said, Amimi loves him. She said you do? I said yes, She goes okay and jumped right into his arms.
Speaker 3: That was it. So that is so cute. And my boys they you know, shook his hand. How you doing?
Speaker 1: They can't understand the accent. My sisters really dry.
Speaker 3: But how long is he staying? That's really nice.
Speaker 1: He'll he'll be here two weeks. But we have been on the go.
Speaker 3: On the good good, that's awesome.
Speaker 1: All right, we're gonna do a little. I just want your point on the sale. Woman as listening to this podcast right now. She lost her husband of twenty five years, but now it's been three years and she's ready to start dating again. What do we think should be the first place she should start.
Speaker 2: Well, she should tell everyone in her life that she's ready and she's looking for someone, and be you know, be specific.
Speaker 3: Just tell everybody I'm looking for someone. Do you know anyone? So she should start with our circle of family and friends.
Speaker 2: When she does go to the supermarket, she should smile, She should be open and maybe even like mentally project that she's open and that she's looking for someone. Because if you avert your eyes every time you see someone, you're interested in it will go nowhere.
Speaker 3: And I know that's the hardest thing to.
Speaker 2: Do because you don't even know if that person is married or if they're gay.
Speaker 3: I no, you don't know.
Speaker 1: But I remember back when everybody said you meet them at the grocery store, hang out in the fruit asal well, guys that never worked. However, this girl right here when I was up in Central Jersey, if you will, she goes to the shake store and it's like a healthy grocery store, not like a Wegman's or anything. It's small, but it is a good place to meet because you have to wait for your shake.
Speaker 3: And I remember us being there a shopping and they're buying.
Speaker 2: Snacks, right, yeah, yeah, And there are people that we strike out conversations.
Speaker 3: You're right.
Speaker 2: And then also if they haven't tried a dating website, then.
Speaker 3: I would try to dance. I would too, I would be really careful and selected. But it works, it kind of does. It absolutely does.
Speaker 1: That's how I met Frederic obviously. Or do a new hobby, like when you do different new things that you hadn't done before, you may meet somebody and sometimes you don't.
Speaker 3: Yeah, go to yacht clubs. I don't know, go golf? Right? We went going?
Speaker 1: Yes, I used to think that I took up golf, so I go meet somebody on the golf course.
Speaker 3: They're mostly married, Oh god, yeah.
Speaker 2: And they were kind of more interested in in their golf game than.
Speaker 3: And looking at I know. We did good though. That was a lot of fun. You're really good. You're so good. I got even better though. I got to tell you. We got to come around too, or you could come down. Yeah.
Speaker 1: How do you feel about the older people having getting scanned when they do try to go online? Has anything like that ever happened to you?
Speaker 2: It hasn't happened to me, but I do work in an industry where we have seen it happen to our clients.
Speaker 3: So and I well, actually it has been attempted on me.
Speaker 2: You know what happens is you know that the whole trick is that they say, hey, my brothers saw your photo, but he doesn't have any can you email me and so? And that's the scam to get you off the website and then talk to you about how beautiful you are and then show you a picture of themselves which is not really themselves of you.
Speaker 3: Is that what they call cat fishing.
Speaker 2: Is that so, I think, So, I'm not.
Speaker 3: It's slow, it's really it's very prevalent. So it's it happens. There are so many of them out there, and I've got it.
Speaker 1: I've been on long enough to see they'll use the word M instead of I am.
Speaker 3: It'll just be M.
Speaker 1: Just that at the end, it's like, oh, really big and they ask you a billion questions, your favorite, this's your favorite that before long they need money.
Speaker 2: Right, yes, this, I'm sorry, I if you want to hear this. She This woman kept on wiring twenty five, twenty five, twenty five thousand. Finally it was fifty thousand, and we stopped and called her son, and she was old. She said, no, no, no, I'm getting my announcin I'm getting my hair done. I'm going to meet him at the airport. But he can't leave unless I wire him this forty five thousand. And it's sad because some women are just that lonely that they will fall.
Speaker 1: For us, and they believe they be I believe. I looked up catfish is when they don't use their pictures, their real pictures. Well, that's the same as scamming, you know. Yeah, it's saying people have to be really careful.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we would, right, We have to warn everybody.
Speaker 2: And if they get right, if they have broken English and bad grammar and it looks like a picture photo from the internet, then I think they get three.
Speaker 1: Of them now too, so it really looks legit, like look at them here, look at them here. Yeah, yeah, it's funny, Teresa. I've always wanted to be a person that helps men do their profile and their pictures. Oh you know they never take a selfie in your bathroom.
Speaker 3: Yeah, never take a selfie with a big fat fish in your hands. Are they doing in the kitchen with pilot dishes behind them? That's a good idea, since you should do that, so you go along with your other business.
Speaker 1: Have you ever tried speed dating or have a matchmaker?
Speaker 3: Any blind dat set up date? Never any of.
Speaker 2: The actually know the speed dating is a really great idea.
Speaker 3: It sounds fun, doesn't it. Yeah, sounds really fun. I think.
Speaker 2: I think what would be really good is if you went to like a pottery class and then you help each other, or you went to a cooking class and it was really for you know, to meet people.
Speaker 1: A singles cooking class. We can maybe help them with that, Teresa.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, we're traveling with singles or something.
Speaker 1: Well that they have those groups, those meetup groups about traveling. I did try one of those. I never met any And you know, a lot of our listeners say they live in really small towns.
Speaker 3: It's hard for them to meet new people. One thing.
Speaker 1: Even if you live in a big city like Philadelphia or New York City, it is so hard to meet somebody. I've heard that so many times, and I know myself being in the city, it is hard, just.
Speaker 3: As hard as small towns, right, And I'll say that.
Speaker 2: I mean, the older you get, the smaller the pool of available people are.
Speaker 3: So you're lucky you went younger. Which was a really great idea. It just happened.
Speaker 1: I didn't search for that, but it happened to be that, which is great. What do you think about a single spruise? Would you ever sign up for a single cruise? Yeah, jeez, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know. Maybe I would.
Speaker 2: I would kind of feel like, well, if I didn't like anybody on this cruise and kind of trapped here.
Speaker 3: What am I?
Speaker 1: I would have to go with a girlfriend though.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, if I wanted to one with a girlfriend that would be great, that wouldn't have to be obligated to be exactly.
Speaker 1: Exactly, and the other little events in your hometown, and whether comedian's coming into town or a show, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Just yeah, we've got so much music on the Jersey Shore, so many places to go, so you're right, yeah, to go with a friend, but so many of my friends are with people.
Speaker 1: So you know, you took me to that little show that was adorable, somebody's podcast show, right, they were so cute. And we met one of the housewives.
Speaker 3: Yes, we did. That was awesome.
Speaker 2: That was so good.
Speaker 1: She had everything planned. But if you come to my house, it's not going to be as good. I'm telling you, it's okay.
Speaker 3: I'm just going to go in your pool in your backyard.
Speaker 1: That absolutely, I finally got in it for the first time. I've been traveling so much myself.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, good you got to get in there.
Speaker 1: And we've been asked both of us, Teresa this question, and I believe I say the same answers. But if there was one piece of advice that you could give to your younger self when it comes to dating and relationships, what would it be Okay, So.
Speaker 2: In any relationship, I think the most important thing is to be open and honest and communicate with that person, and if there are any issues with that person, to never go to anyone else and complain, to just leave it within the relationship, because once you start going outside of that, then everyone has their opinion and starts talking down about your person, and you're saying, no, no, I really love this person.
Speaker 3: Don't say anything bad about my person.
Speaker 1: Ladies and gentlemen, you just heard a great bit of advice.
Speaker 3: That's awesome. You're absolutely right, Thank you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I learned that a red flag is a red flag, and I'm not going to make it green by any Yeah, you're right. Just stop taking it and I still try to practice it. Stop taking it so serious and thinking of the next level and the next step. Just be in the moment and be true to yourself and your partner whoever right.
Speaker 3: And I really do think that it should be easy.
Speaker 2: It should not be difficult with somebody that you constantly have to compromise because you're thinking two different ways on a subject, or you don't have the same goals and passions and ideas about subjects.
Speaker 3: Or life. I think it just makes it too hard, so it's easier. Yes, I agree.
Speaker 1: Now you obviously know we had very different personalities, yet we like each other a whole bunch. Okay, what would you say that we've learned from each other? What is your favorite thing about me? And I'll tell you my favorite thing about you.
Speaker 2: I'm my favorite thing about you is that you are so open and yourself and yet you're you're such a good person and you don't you don't hold back, and that you're yes your openness. I remember when I was on the show. Remember when I said to you, I'm going to make you a star. Oh boy, I didn't need to make it.
Speaker 3: I said, wow, what are you doing right now? Is really cool because you're going, Oh Susan, do that. I said, I'm going to get you on the cover of People magazine. I didn't know.
Speaker 1: I still no, no, and I think you are one beautiful human being.
Speaker 3: You're fun.
Speaker 1: I didn't realize how fun you were. I mean, we guys, we I don't know if you caught our social media, but Frank Sinatra in the house because this girl could sing.
Speaker 5: We had the top down at night with the stars that we had the music blaring, riding around singing like we didn't get that experience were on the show. I was waiting on the show, we were still worried about zip it and I was trying to play.
Speaker 3: So I zipped it. I couldn't be myself. I mean when I got when, I seemed like and sences, Hi, how are you? What are you doing? This is awesome? And then on the show, I'm like, okay, not saying word? What do I say? Now? What do I do? Know? Because it's weird when you just you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So I applaud you for being able to be yourself because I was not able to do that, and.
Speaker 1: Honestly, to be perfectly honest with you, I won't use the word it fends, but it was a curse rather than a blessing that I mun apologetically susan and very outspoken and I say what I think, but I would never hurt anyone's feelings. Yeah, but I'm pretty some people would consider it obnoxious.
Speaker 2: No, No, you're a very kind I'm.
Speaker 3: A very good person. You take things to heart, You're very sensitive and kind. So yeah, no, you're great. It's all right.
Speaker 1: So have you watched Bachelor in Paradise.
Speaker 3: I have watched.
Speaker 1: Paradise Baby, so it was okay, you know, and then the Goldens arrived and I thought that was really exciting.
Speaker 3: Everybody so good.
Speaker 1: Did you feel for a moment like, oh man, we should be there saying hi to everybody.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you kind of felt like that. I mean, it just felt like we should all be there.
Speaker 3: But I was.
Speaker 2: I was so excited when they came on, and I just and I felt the whole energy lift. And even they the young people really looked forward to it.
Speaker 3: I mean they loved them.
Speaker 1: Yes, there was so much drama and stuff going on in there. Yeah, and then when they came in, it was like a breath of fresh air.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thank god somebody came here liking up this move.
Speaker 1: This is way there and my beautiful April is still April.
Speaker 3: April has some really great line.
Speaker 2: She is good and she was I think that April on this show is really coming out on her own, like you.
Speaker 3: Know, rachelle more confident. Felt good for her. I was just talking to her.
Speaker 1: I saw her kissing Jack and that was like in the pool.
Speaker 3: But what do you think.
Speaker 1: Of April possibly flirting with a younger guy Jonathan.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's okay.
Speaker 2: Hey if there's if they are consenting parties, and that's fine.
Speaker 3: If he's going to go for it, then let him go for it. I think I think all thing at more just it's so funny. I don't know I should do that.
Speaker 2: I mean, honestly, even if it's just flirting and it didn't go anywhere, I think there should be some of that. There should be like hey, I mean, and Leslie said it too. Leslie said, hey, you know, Shar's got a younger guy.
Speaker 3: Why not be? Why we all do? We've got a younger guys, So why not?
Speaker 1: I don't know what the age difference is there, do you? I mean, I'm not talking like a twenty nine year older.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I can't go below my son's age.
Speaker 2: My son is forty, so I can't go maybe maybe as well as fifty five.
Speaker 1: That's what friend's gonna be in November fifty five.
Speaker 3: So I'm exactly. But you're younger than I am. Aren't you just sixty? What are you? Sixty? Eight? Yeah? Eight? You send you to So no, I'm waiting.
Speaker 1: I was dying when Kathy with that game, and I was waiting for the person to own that secret mouths were dropped and they're.
Speaker 3: Like, Cat, I didn't think you had it in you. They were all, yeah, that was crazy.
Speaker 2: I mean, but there were some wild ones on there being a playmde to another couple and finding five hundred thousand dollars and what.
Speaker 1: About the foot one on the on the all, what what is it when you put your feet online? Only fans only fans?
Speaker 3: Yeah, hey, why not, let's do that. We should both do it, you know, if people are.
Speaker 2: Going to pay for that.
Speaker 3: I didn't do it though.
Speaker 1: She wanted to win that contest, and because she got a VIP sweet date.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and she chose teeth right. What do you think? What do you think? I don't know.
Speaker 2: It just seemed a lot more platonic. It didn't like a romance. Friendship, Yes, it seemed like a friendship.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would have liked to have seen a little flirting, a little romance, a little kiss, and that would have been nice because it was the VIP suite.
Speaker 1: And now to do something make down at least that was.
Speaker 3: What it was all about, like, you know, a little making out in the pool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, they did the champagne thing. Teresa honestly, do you think on this show that we're going to see any kind of a love connection between the Goldens?
Speaker 3: That is a really good question.
Speaker 2: I hope. So I hope it gets better. I mean, I hope it gets better in that department. Yes, there's connections because we are capable of really, you know, having the same things that any age group does. So I really hope that they do. I'm rooting for somebody to get this connection. And we haven't seen everybody haven't seen all the different connections.
Speaker 1: And no, not yet, not everybody's even there yet. What about R Jay and Natasha.
Speaker 4: R Jane Natasha, Wow, that would be full well, they were flirting a little bit that they were flirting.
Speaker 3: She was sitting on his lap on the boat, so that was good.
Speaker 1: I think everybody's trying to make a connection, right, And.
Speaker 2: What about the rivalry between Jack and Kim for April and Kim is nassashing April's bag.
Speaker 3: Till wait, wait, that's my woman, don't be touching my mom and Apel and then she doesn't tell Jonathan, yeah, if you want to come to my rooms. And now we get a third guy. So Apel's having for life, so good for her.
Speaker 1: There's more Goldens coming, and I look forward to this. I really do they come in attractions, if you will. When Faith says I might be the hoe of the show, I was like, that was what.
Speaker 3: What Faith? You're another personality? Can we just see that? And that's not the faith that we know.
Speaker 1: I would never hear that coming out of her mouth.
Speaker 3: Okay, That's why I'm gonna be so sorry when this show is over, because I'm really looking forward to that. I want to see what Faith does, like how she grew men and what is really going to happen with her because she was really making out of them.
Speaker 1: All right, all right, let's let's move on to the next Golden Bachelor, and let's be nice mel Owens. Okay, all the comments that the people are making about his comment about wanting women on his cast to be between forty five and sixty, well, and if they're over six, see he's cutting them.
Speaker 3: And he said no artificial hips and or wigs, and he must have meant knees too, and you know whatever else.
Speaker 1: You know what, Honestly, I think I'm hoping at the l that he was seazing. I mean not seazing.
Speaker 2: He once a younger, but yeah, Mel, all I have to say is, yeah, we are so like saggy.
Speaker 3: I mean, we're so no, not coned whatsoever. You are bald, you know. No, once we get sixty, we might as well be dead. Like we're really not. We're not viable anymore.
Speaker 2: So, Mel, you got you right on, because you know, if I want a guy who's forty, thought too so, so.
Speaker 3: You're not You're not angry with him, No, I'm angry with him.
Speaker 2: So, so the whole idea of the Golden Bachelor is that we are older, we have sixty sixty should.
Speaker 3: Be at the bottom age, it's not should not be the top age.
Speaker 2: So in order to be golden and I'm and so I think what's going to happen is that he'll see these women.
Speaker 3: He's going to see that they're gorgeous.
Speaker 2: I'm sure that they're all beautiful, accomplished women, and he'll change his mind and I'll say, oh, I didn't even know that a woman could be this beautiful at this age. Oh my goodness, you're gorgeous. Oh you are, you are in shape?
Speaker 3: So I was wrong, that's what's going on.
Speaker 1: You know what. I wish he didn't know the age of the woman, that's right, until he dates them and does it. I'm going to suggest that to us.
Speaker 3: I think it's a great suggestion. I agree. I mean obviously that the team knows how old they are. Yeah, maybe the guy.
Speaker 1: Shouldn't know, because you don't want to judge somebody because of the age.
Speaker 3: I never act my age, right, It would be really cool.
Speaker 2: I love this idea where the whole audience knows how old each woman is, but he doesn't know.
Speaker 3: With a sixty five year old and.
Speaker 1: You know he's only sixty six, he's still younger than us. However, however, he would rock his world.
Speaker 3: Yo, Mel, you think you got it all now, you don't say that ever again.
Speaker 1: And I honest the guy don't think he meant it to be disrespectful to women by any means.
Speaker 2: He didn't even know that this podcast was going to be released anywhere.
Speaker 3: He just thought he was talking football and the yeah, yeah, talking is what they were doing.
Speaker 2: He lost his mind. He just lost his mind, and the whole thing's going to change. So we can't wait and see what he says. But that's that's the truth. Don't tell him how old these women are.
Speaker 3: Just sell us.
Speaker 1: I'm calling ABC as soon as we're done today sending messages.
Speaker 3: I got a brilliant idea.
Speaker 1: He's true because they won't let too young of a woman or too old of a woman though, you.
Speaker 3: Know, and the hip part.
Speaker 1: Now, be careful. Some people have new knees. Some people it happens in their forties, so don't judge. He was a football player, he was an athlete, so he's strong.
Speaker 3: I get it. It could happen at any time. And who's wearing wigs nowadays? Anybody?
Speaker 1: Can you imagine how bad I would be sweating. I sweat my own hair and a lot of.
Speaker 3: Guys for two. And I'd rather have a bold guy anyway. That's I'll shame his head.
Speaker 1: I like the ones with the really short sides and they're absolutely two hairs. Like sweetie, just let me, let me take care of this.
Speaker 3: Get Oh and thank you for fixing my hair when you were at my house.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, did you do what I said? You went to your stylist. It looks great.
Speaker 3: I did this. Listen to me, Yeah, but it's not good. I actually believe my season. I cut my hair and the side is longer, So why do you think you could do? She's very talented to know my grandfather was a barber. Okay, I just go. I think I can do it. I think, all right, Teresa, I do have one question, and don't shoot me. Oh oh, I got it.
Speaker 1: Remember when we were out, I think we had just got dinner and maybe walk in to walk some of the glories off the digest the least, okay, And that gentleman came.
Speaker 3: Up to us and he said, Teresa, you go back and forth, back and forth, and you're like, I dated you.
Speaker 2: Book in peeriodes where were we? And we written Peer at Peer Village in Long Branch. We were going to a place to see if they had music. And he's walking towards us, and I'm looking at him. I go, he looks so familiar. And I went out with him twice and then never went out with him again.
Speaker 3: I go, didn't I date you? Isn't that a weird?
Speaker 1: He was really nice?
Speaker 3: Yeah? He was not. Why did I turn him down?
Speaker 4: Ye? Why?
Speaker 3: Why?
Speaker 1: I was saying, okay, don't look back, let's look forward. Yes, he approached you again. I think if you reached out to him, say hey, you want to get together and go listen to some music, he would definitely say yes, and maybe now that you're more open and you give it another shot and even.
Speaker 3: Just have friends. You know, I haven't had a phone number, but you never know.
Speaker 1: Oh, okay, we'll go hang on the board book.
Speaker 2: I've had men reach out to me again afterwards, like I and I really deleted their numbers so I didn't know who they were and I do you hate that? Yeah?
Speaker 3: That's really like, I feel so bad to say, who is this?
Speaker 1: I'm so sorry I've actually lied and said my phone was messed up.
Speaker 3: I should have thought of that one, susanide because they don't believe that either. Yeah, right, oh my god? Anything else?
Speaker 1: No new prospects.
Speaker 3: Have you been out?
Speaker 1: Have you?
Speaker 2: I go out?
Speaker 3: But no new prospects. Well, you want to put the pedal to the medal.
Speaker 1: I'm in Atlantic City tonight with Frederic.
Speaker 3: Come down.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm leaving tomorrow to go visit Leslie. Oh that's tomorrow in Minneapolis tomorrow. So we're going to blatch the next episode Good of Paradise together.
Speaker 1: Oh God, give her a hugging a kiss, hugging a kiss for me?
Speaker 3: Yes, I will, Yes, Peggy, did Peggy come? So Peggy's coming? The next week. So I'm climbing back. I'll be back wednesday the next clean my house is really really fast.
Speaker 1: And then Peggy her house, yes, and did you get to go to your sons yet?
Speaker 3: And Charleston.
Speaker 2: So I just came back from my sons, and I have to tell you a story. I put my eyes out in the airport because you know, the one that you loved, Braxton that with you, Yes, just was you know, hugging me and he wouldn't let me go, and he said, I don't.
Speaker 3: Want you to leave, and and you're not. When are you coming back? And I said, Braxton, I'll be back really soon.
Speaker 2: I'm in the airport and these sad songs are coming on and all of a sudden, turn on your heart light.
Speaker 3: It says I'll come to The song starts with I want to you know, I will come back. I'll come back. And I texted him. I said, I miss you already and he said miss you more. Oh my, oh my eyes. The tears are streaming down my eyes and I'm does anybody know who I am? And now they can see them all night.
Speaker 2: And I said, I'm going to send you this song and you listen to it and you think about me and I'll think about you. It start sad, would come back again. I want you to stay next time. Oh my god, I'm so sad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my four year old granddaughter sends me videos me me, are you coming?
Speaker 3: I want you to come back. I want to come swim in. I want to eat dinner with you. You come back? How old is she four? Yeah? That you gotta go back. You gotta see them all the time, and you and I have to get together with our calendars again.
Speaker 1: It took us a month or so to figure up a long time, so well well pre planned.
Speaker 2: The Holy Day was supposed to be we're doing it wild Kathy unless we were gone, but then it was like four weeks later.
Speaker 3: No, now we know we love each other. You gotta see her. Her she shed is beyond Oh Telly. It was one of my favorite parts. Thank you, I love you now.
Speaker 1: I love you, And thanks for giving such great advice for people listening out there.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Susan. Thank you for coming.
Speaker 1: Today and chatting with me so that everybody can hear. And we talked just like we talk in person.
Speaker 3: Yes, I love a minute of it.
Speaker 1: So thank you so much.
Speaker 3: Susan. Absolutely worthstangly at work.
Speaker 1: And if you're out there in your golden years and you're navigating dating or life after a divorce or a loss, ready to put yourself back out there but don't know where to start, call us or email us for advice. All the information are in the show notes. You can follow us on socials. Make sure to rate and review the podcast. I Do Part two an iHeartRadio podcast where falling in love is the main objective.