Speaker 1: Trigger warning.
Speaker 2: For this episode, we're going to be talking about mental health, postpartum depression, and trying to conceive.
Speaker 1: Scrubbing In with Becatilly and Tanya Brad and iHeartRadio and People's Choice Award winning podcast. Hello everybody, We're back with scrubbing In. We are scrubbing, We are scrubbing in. Great job.
Speaker 2: This is Part two with Ali because we talked for so long the first episode that I was like, we just need to split it up and have a part two because we.
Speaker 1: Have so much to talk about.
Speaker 2: Because we talked about, you know, getting pregnant, giving birth, labor, and then when you get talked about your postpartum depression and going through that. So you spent what was it you said, seven weeks?
Speaker 1: Like the whole episode? What your postpartum depression? I thought even the episode of the podcast not Everything is a podcast by guy went in in my mind episodes or TV and podcast, So you just like I was like, bro, No, my depressive episode was like nine weeks, ten weeks. Yeah, do you want to talk about like how I fixed it? Well, yeah, that's what I'm saying. So you're you're going through it.
Speaker 2: They're like, hey, you're You're obsessively trying to figure out what's going on to the point where Carson's taking your phone away from you.
Speaker 1: You know. I was like on Reddit, formulas, formulas, forums, formulas, I was like on chat GPT, like I extended all of my free messaging with it. Stay away from chatchipt. He is a dangerous fella. Yeah, and he's just says what you want, not what you need. I was telling Hayley this the other day. She goes, oh my god, chat chipc SID. I go, of course, of course you did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's like sometimes I use it for recipes.
Speaker 1: It's really hot your health well. Also, like the psychiatrist was like, the amount of times people using chat ChiPT for mental health questions is like astronomical and it is very dangerous.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you were doing that, and you what because at one point you you were trying different medicines but nothing was working.
Speaker 1: So I'll just be candid. I was trying. They put me on Zoloft and that's like the common number one antidepressant for postpartum. It did it. It wasn't working. So it's like the thing with antidepressants is they take weeks to work. They take a really long time, and I did not know that. I kind of was like, okay, take it on like ANX You're like, okay, I feel this. No, it takes a while. I think we tried a couple of weeks, maybe five or something, and then she was like, let's switch and we moved to Lexapro. And I think initially we didn't want to go on lexapro because it makes you gain a lot of weight, like that's kind of when it's known to be a weight gainer. I don't know how to say that more eloquently, but was like it was like a way inflection and appetite, yeah something, rather which like I mean, in hindsight, who cares, Like your mental health is more important than what your body looks like. But anyways, that was a decision that was me and the end Zoloft is usually just like the first the first line of defense, So switch to lexapro. Still, like you know, a couple of weeks in wasn't working. I in the mix of all this like switching medicines and stuff, I also wasn't sleeping, so they put me on something to like help me sleep, and I think that was like the biggest thing, like once I started sleeping consistently, like that was going to be the thing that like helped me recover. And they do say that, like it is such a big piece of recovery, Which how do you do that if you don't have help and you have a crying baby? That doesn't like like it's just it does. None of it makes sense, right, Like I was so blessed to have and so privileged to have the resources and help around me, but so many women do not. And so it's like, how is recovery possible if sleep is what you need but you can't sleep because you have to take care of a crying baby in your single mom, in your single mom working jobs, So how do you recover from that? And like our government doesn't help you, Like, yeah, none of it makes sense. So in the mix of this, I was doing like virtual therapy a few times, and like finally they were like you need to we need to ramp this up because nothing's working. Like this is bad bad. It was like very critical, very severe. There's like so many levels of postpartum depression, like mine was on the very very bad spectrum of it, And so I went into something called an iop which is a in what does it stand for? I didn't even know it had a name. It has a thing, oh oh something something like a psychotherapy type in patient outpatient program or something like that program. Day, Okay, it's going to It's called an IOP. You don't need to know what that means when people are wanting to look into Yeah, so google IOP. A lot of the like paranatal programs that most like hospitals have this, like UCLA and some others, like not all of them do, but some do. And this was a program that I would go to three times a week in person and I would have therapy, I would meet with a psychiatrist, and then I would have like group sessions with other women going through postpartu depression at a level as critical as mine. And so at first I was like no, like, I'm not doing this. This is like, this is intense. There's no way I'm doing this. Oh you were kicking, screaming. And I don't know why I was fighting it so bad, because I was also so desperate to get better, and like my doctor was like, just do this. I promise it's going to get you better, and I was like she. I was also having an attitude towards so it's like a reoccurring theme for God. So I go first day. I can't drive at this point, Like I can't, Like I'm pretty much like non functional. I'm so yessed, So get driven there crying the whole way. I don't want to go. Like the first few sessions, I'm like just crying, non engaged, like, But what slowly started to shift was my connection I made with other women in the program and like a few of which I still talk to today, and having that like dialogue with them and that like connection of like, wait, that's what you're going through, That's what I'm going through, Like I don't, like, there's something so powerful about that, And it really like just started to like make me feel warm inside. And like I saw a shift where I'd like enjoy going to the program. I was sleeping a little bit more like things were starting to kind of like shift it at the same time obviously stopping the breastfeeding and kind of like everything came together. And like I said, it took like nine ish weeks, which in like relatively speaking, is short for like a postpartum like episode as bad as the one I had. I mean, I there was women in the program that were a year postpartum, still dealing with it, and they had gotten it from like day one of having birth. So it's a spectrum of like the level of it to how long it lasts, Like it's all across the board. But that's ultimately how I got better. I don't know like what one thing was the thing. I think stopping the breastfeeding is probably the most powerful thing because I was like taking the antidepressants for a minute and they weren't doing a thing, and that was the only thing that like really really shifted me. And I think like the structure and like the interaction and communication with like the doctors and the other women like really like put like structure and just my day was like filled, so I was able to like not think about the depression as much. So I think that really helped. But yeah, I mean it's like my recovery is like loaded with privilege, like that program in itself, Like you have to have medical insurance, you have to It's like you have to be chosen to be able to like get in it. Like there's so much stuff it's access right, Like it's yeah, and this is so unfair, Like if this situation like has made me so enraged about like how women and specifically like pregnant women and mothers are treated in this country, Like I need to do something about it, and like I know how hard the situation was for me, but like I know that this was like this happened for a reason, and like I'm gonna change women's lives because of this, and like I don't know how yet, but like I'm going to, and like it's just so unfair, Like it's really unfair.
Speaker 2: I also think being able to acknowledge that, because I think so many people just go, you just have to go into a program and you just need to get on medication and just have access to and it's like it's just not I think being able to acknowledge that.
Speaker 1: And also I also think sharing your story.
Speaker 2: I mean, this is really vulnerable and dark and deep, and so many people just are like I don't want to talk about it because regardless of where if it's shame or guilt or whatever they're feeling, keep it to themselves, as opposed to going like, hey, we're in this together, and at some point if we both experience the same thing, we can help each other feel more seen, which is I mean, you had me you had all these other people, but no one understood what you were going through.
Speaker 1: We're just like, yeah, just be it, be happy, you know what. You just almost want to be like wait, why is it so bad? Like I want you to laugh again, you know.
Speaker 2: And it's like finding that community of women who were navigating something so personal and scary that and having that is so invaluable. Like I think that people should at the very le least have access to talk to people who are going through that, which I feel like you're kind of creating a community, yeah, for women to talk about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, I mean I and I don't know what, Like I've started sharing on my social media, like my experience. I started a substack and shared my and wrote down my experience with postpart depression, which actually was really like therapeutic because I had never like really condensed it together and like wrote it out and I was like, oh, this is what happened. Like it felt really good to do that. And I've been able to connect through social media with so many women going through this, and I think, like my doctor even told me, she was like, you're going to come out of this like so much better than before, and like trust me, you're going to do something with that, And I was like, okay, like I'll give it, giving her an I'm sure grying in the corner. And it's true, like I feel very I haven't felt so passionate about something in a really long time, you know me, Like I'm always like the little like get her, like go get her, Like I'm like, let's build a business, let's do this. Let's like this is like kind of like my thing right now that I'm really really excited about for so many reasons. But I don't know. I think it's like and I even wanted to come on here and talk about it even though it's like it's hard because it's like it's yes, it's talked about, but like not enough in my opinion, and not in a way that's like clinical. You know, it's like all it is very clinical or really from a doctor from like not from the perspective of like someone real going through it, and like real lived connection was the thing that I think was so important in my healing.
Speaker 2: So so nine weeks go by, you stop pumping and breastfeeding, you feel like you're yourself coming back. Yeah, in a totally new way though, like a very different version of yourself.
Speaker 1: It was like waking up from a nightmare, like the only way I spent like nine to ten weeks being chased by like a lion.
Speaker 2: Literally, Oh, I was gonna say. I remember asking you like because you couldn't really explain to me what you were feeling, because I was like.
Speaker 1: What do you feel? Are you or is it like sadness? Are you? I don't get the why aren't you sleeping? Part?
Speaker 2: Yeah, And then you explained it like when someone jumps out at you and scares you, that initial feeling of fear and panic, but like all the time, which sounds like.
Speaker 1: Hell hell yeah. It was like yeah, that like rush of like adrenaline and fear twenty four to seven. Like I was just like like I had like picked my nails raw, I was like biting them. I was like so fidgety, Like I had so much like tension, and it was not only mentals really physical for me too, like I had like body aches and pains and like jitteriness, and like it was hormones are a crazy thing, like it really really is. And I think Jennifer Lawrence went on a podcast for like The New York Times and she said she had literally the same experience as me. She breastfoot she was breastfeeding, and she was weaning, and she completely crashed out. And she she said on that podcast, which I think after I had explained it to people, I had listened to that, so I don't think I had gotten it from her, but who knows. Thing's a little bit of a blur. But she said it felt like being chased by a tiger twenty four to seven all day long. Yeah, and that really like it was really relatable to hear that that's so scary. That sounds horrible, like a horrible feeling. Yeah. And then that's why, like I couldn't sleep because it's like and you're just like like, you know, being scared over and over and over again. Yeah. So you come out of it and you're and Remy is and that's like it's kind of worked out in the sense that like Remy was just such a baby that he was just doing his Moto Man anger spells but he didn't know what was going on. No, And I I in the mix of it, though, I was like I felt so much guilt. I'm like, oh my god, like I'm doing the postpart ofs of preussion, like he's going to be so affected by this, and and like he had so much love around him. He had my friends, he had my parents, he had his Carson's parents, like he had Carston, like he was just he had our nanny meem like he was taking care of the prince was fine. And I think like people had to tell me that, like he's doing fine. You're not doing it fine, you gotta get better, Yes, because he's chilling. Yeah, he's he's totally okay. And I think that like helped me get through this because I was really like concerned with, you know, his outcome, because of like how the state I was in, and he was so young. You know, No, he doesn't, he doesn't. You don't like remember anything before five or something. Yeah, I think my first memory is from like kindergarten or something. Fine, we're not worried about him. But where we now, we are in a place of pleasure. Pleasure. I have never felt better in my life, Like I am genuinely so happy. I'm still on lexapro, yeah, but I am on the very very very smallest dose, which we have discussed. You have always had a level of anxiety that, you know, affected small things like daily life things and then flying and you know all the things that bring it up. I ran a little interies. Yeah, so you may have always needed a small dose of the liking. So I'm like, my doctor's like, you can go off a year and a half postpartum. That's kind of like her time frame for when like the hormones. Oh just so I like six more months, Okay, a year and a half postpartum, but we'll see, like when I get there and I'm not ready, then I'm not ready, and then I continue totally on the lex Yeah that.
Speaker 2: You're on lexapro small, You've you've and you also did that in a very safe way of like waning.
Speaker 1: Oh that's like really important that you Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you love being a mom.
Speaker 1: I love being a mom. It's so crazy. I literally was like.
Speaker 3: I'm not in some way, but I was just like out of all my friends, there's just yeah, well you decided you wanted to have kids.
Speaker 2: I was just like, no way, Ally's gonna have kids. Like she's not like maternal, She's not like maternal is the word. I'm not maternal nurture.
Speaker 1: I'm like a little cold ice queen, a nasty cold ice queen. And we're like this to each other where we barely hug, like we'll hug about you. Yeah, Okay, that's enough, you know. Yeah, and it's been so fun. Well, even like before obviously it got dark, Like even that part of it, I.
Speaker 2: Was like, wow, she really stepped into this role so naturally. Yeah, it's been so fun to watch you do it because.
Speaker 1: I love it. Yeah, Like I have never felt more like passion or excitement or like like I feel at home. You know. It's like I was so homesick. Now I feel so home home at home. Yeah, he's so cute. I've had to worry.
Speaker 2: I've never had to work so hard for a child to like me. Then of course my best friend's baby. Yeah, he's not sure about you.
Speaker 1: No, last time he was like into me. Yeah he was Indie last time. But he's he's a he's a prickly little fella. Yeah, very attached to you. I wish I should have brought him. What are your thoughts on?
Speaker 2: That would have been a fifteen minute podcast. What are your thoughts on? Okay, I want to talk about this. Was I should have asked this before? But finding out the gender because there's a lot of conversations about you know, gender disappointment and having you know, expectations of what you think your life is going to look like as a parent. And I want to do to talk about that a little bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, so I feel like correct me if I'm wrong. I think every girl wants a girl. I don't know really okay, majority, let's say majority. I think like when you think of having a baby, you kind of just think of like what you know, you know, what it's like to be a girl, grow up as a girl, and blah blah blah blah. So I kind of just like in my I was like, I'm a girl, I have girls, Like I don't know how I'm not creating penises, Like how would I ever create one? But when I found out, okay, so I control issues. I did the what is that thing called that? I did, like the really early you basically like get this thing in the mail, you prick your finger or like you prick your arm and you do the blood like this is at like five weeks.
Speaker 2: She was the most impatient. I felt like you were pregnant for three years because you found out so early.
Speaker 1: For everything. Yeah, I mean I found out. I was pregnant like three and a half weeks. I found the gender out at like four weeks, like it was yeah, it was sentenced, so anyways, mail it in and it's it's like, okay, be careful about getting like male DNA on it because that can like shift the thing. I have three male pets, I live with my husband. Obviously, my brother comes over, like there's men in my life. So I was like, okay, I gotta be super careful. So I do it. I mail it in. It comes back and also like uneventful. We kind of just like opened it up on the thing and were and it said mail and we both were like, no, I don't think so, I don't know. There's no way like literally fifty fifty and I was like Brooks. I was like, Brooks got licked me and his DNA gone on it. This could probably have been the start of some hormonal issues happening. And I was like, yeah, that's why. So I didn't believe it. Did I even tell you that it came back mail? Yeah, oh I did, but I was just kind of like, that's insane. Let's just wait till so then I yeah, no, I know, And then got the real like the NP I t blood test where they do it and also mail confirmed shocking confirmed. I did. I did find on like a Reddit forum that like a lot of people had it like, wasn't right the beginning one? Yeah, that makes sense, Yeah, because there's a lot of room for error when you're testing yourself in your laboratory, in your bathroom laboratory, they have your blood. Simple, yeah, you's got that. Now, we don't recommend. I don't know what is it called, and I google it. It's a thing. Yes, I don't know. I think at first I was like a boy. I think there feels like a lot of pressure of like especially in today's climate, like raising a man, a man, a full blown man, like there's gonna be a man in my home. Like I think that when I think that's a man in your room? Oh another man? Two men, yeah, two men. I don't know. I think I think I felt this immense amount of like oh my god, this like you know, like a girl. It's like you braid hair and you do ballet and it seems just really like easy. I love that you think you're like a girl who does ballet and like super girly, which is like I feel like all of my friends were like, you're such a boy mom. Yeah, it actually makes total sense. Yeah, but I did a video on this from this I don't know this creator's name, but she did this video about there's not my take on it is. It's not boy mom, girl mom, it's raccoon mom versus unicorn mom. This is so crazy. Yeah, And like you either have a raccoon baby or you have a unicorn baby. The unicorn baby is like they go to they sleep through the night at five weeks really and they're chill and like, I feel like a lot of that stereotype is associated with girls and then boys are raccoons. But I have seen some girl raccoons and I've seen some boy unicorns.
Speaker 2: I think, Yeah, I think it's very dependent on the child and has nothing to do with gender.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I have a full blown raccoon. He is like full blown, but I like I am a raccoon, so therefore I have a raccoon baby, right right, But I yeah, I would say I was like mixed feelings finding out like I I again, I think I just pictured myself like having a girl, and I think that's like common. But looking back, like a pregnancy, like it's fifty to fifty. You can't control it. Like any healthy baby is a blessing and a miracle, and like who cares about the gender. And also like we do need we need good people raising good men like me little nasty witch, ye nay witch, just raising good men exactly. And I love I am a boy mom, so like you, there's a mom of a boy and then there's boy mom mom. There's like weird attachment to their son that you're like, yeah, we need Remy to have some He's fine now because he's a baby, but as things progress, like if he brings home like someone who's dating, and you're like, I'll be good about that. Okay, yeah, I'll be open to that. I think I think I see myself like in sports, and like I think I'm gonna get like into it, going to be like fighting people in the ballroom. Yeah, like yelling at refs. Yeah, him like playing baseball and stuff.
Speaker 3: It's so cute.
Speaker 2: Okay, So he just turned one. You're so happy or so like made for this. After the pregnancy you had and then going through postpartum, you were like, I will absolutely not do this. I can I don't think I can do this.
Speaker 3: Again.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I was like, there's never no, but now that he's one, we're we're there's chit chat about our number two baby too. Curiosity brewing, which I told I literally is like you're talking. Oh yeah, you know you were like, what did you just say that you're going to be pregnant November?
Speaker 2: Yeah, like just round two starties in that way. But what what are your hesitations around? Is it because you want another baby? You just the fear of the pregnancy being hard and the postpartum of it all.
Speaker 1: Yeahs you I'm a little traumatized. Yeah. So when you've had postpartum depression in one pregnancy, you're more likely to get it in the second, or the chances are higher than just like an average person who's never had it. So it's probably like sixty to seventy percent chance that I would get it again. It's high. Yeah, you can go into it like already on antidepressants, and you can you know, be more prepared for it. But there were I.
Speaker 2: Also feel like you kind of knew, like and it's again a hindsight thing of knowing. Okay, if I start feeling the drop, I yeah, I can give the baby formula without yeah, or like.
Speaker 1: Just don't breastfeed, Like there's things that like I can do to like, you know, prophilactically. Is that the word? Big word? That's a big word for this podcast. I think that's the right word, you know, to to better prepare. Right, So there's that, Yeah, being pregnant, being so sick. I think also like I don't want to miss out on his like toddler years and like he like I don't know, say, like I could be one and done. I think that's really beautiful and magical too. I think having a second is also really exciting. I don't know. I don't know what I'm gonna do. I really am like I need to go see the psychic again. Although she said soul, she said souls. Maybe there's another pet? Yeah, so no way too many pets right now. Yeah, I don't I don't know what I'll do. I I do. I I want a second? You want to second? Will you be my surrogate? No?
Speaker 2: No, but lovingly no, I don't know. You need to ask someone who's had easy pregnancies. Don't put that first time are in for you.
Speaker 1: Actually, I don't think you can be a surrogate if it's your first time, Yeah, because I don't know what will happen. Yeah, but is that something you can consider? I mean, yeah, I would love that, Like that sounds like a dream. But that's like wildly expensive. I think it's like two hundred thousand dollars to have a surrogate. You also have to go you know, you have to go through IVY if you have to go through like it's not easy to get that done either. I mean, but could you imagine just like here's a little baby, like you're not you don't have to go through all the No, I really can't it.
Speaker 2: The only thing I can equate it to is getting Phoebe and me taking her hoping, like I have to keep this little tiny thing alive.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I mean mine. I just think women that are surrogate, it's like wow, like what a.
Speaker 2: Honestly, women are amazing women and are amazing single moms.
Speaker 1: I've always had I've always been like, while.
Speaker 2: Single moms are incredible, But I think when you went through what you went through and thinking about someone not having access to help or having support around them, or being you know, by themselves having to work and support it, it made me realize the significance of like heroic, just like how heroic a single mom and women are in general, Like yeah, like.
Speaker 1: We're too quiet about it. We need to be a little more. We need to be a lot louder about what, yeah, women do. And I was reading this thing about how the United States is like one of the only like countries, like one of thirty eight countries that doesn't provide like national like post maternal health care and like time off, which is just wild, like and in only like one fourth of companies provide like PTO or something like that for for women. It's crazy. Yeah, So it's like you're expected to have a baby and then like immediately go back to work or work without pay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's unreal. Okay, I know you said you wanted to you had some questions for me.
Speaker 1: Do you have those or get Okay, I'll take a break. We'll take a break.
Speaker 2: And we'll come back with questions.
Speaker 1: Now we're back. Wow, Like that's so funny because that's a joke. Tanya and I do to fight to say say we're back first, So good job. So you think I listened to the podcast, you know, I know.
Speaker 2: I was gonna A lot of people had questions, which we covered a lot of the things that people were asking about. A lot of people were asking about our friend dynamic with you being my manager as well.
Speaker 1: And I feel like we've probably.
Speaker 2: Touched on this since when you were here last, but a lot of people were wondering if there's ever been like a conflict, conflicts or hard things.
Speaker 1: I can't remember a time that we had. I mean it's like the you know, it's I'm always like can you post more? Can you you know, but like I don't know, do you recall a conflict. I feel like one time you were going to remember this when you were going to sign someone else that was gonna be like like more competition for me to get and I was just kind of like what, oh, I'm just trying to think okay, yeah, and and we just like had kind of it wasn't an argument or anything. It was just like, hey, like you're just being scorp and you I was not being scored, being like, oh, if you want to sign someone else and maybe I need to find yeah new management, you know, like just being realistic in a business sense, and you were you handled it really well okay, yeah yeah, yeah that was a while ago. And I think that's fair, And I think, yeah, I mean I luckily or not, I don't know. I just I feel like I have a lot of experience like working with people and being friends with them. Yeah, I mean, so do you Like you know, you work with Tanya and she's your best friend, and like I think that you're kind of either you can do it or you can't. Like there's some people who can just do it, and then there's others that just really can't. And I think it's into like we have like our tech stream for work, right, and then we have like you and my tech like it's and we don't talk about work in that one, but it's like you know what I mean, Like it's it's we separate church and state, like really really well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And it used to be more where it was a direct thing with you, so it was almost a little more interwoven, where now there's more of a team that's helping, that's more day to day so they kind of have to handle me, like nagging me or like being on I guess I should saynagging because of really having to be on me because I can be delayed and like responding and communicating someone else, like what's Becka like working with is she hard to communicate with?
Speaker 1: Oh? I mean, can I be honest? Yeah? Yes, Like it's crazy and I know you're sitting there on your phone. So what's going through your head when you like don't text back. I don't know. I think it's like a sign of ADHD or something that is. Something can something simple can feel overwhelming, really over like the thought of just like responding can just be like too much. Yeah, yeah, that's it. I don't really have other reasons that I can. Could they received working on it, okay, I'll do that, or like thumbs up it or something. I think it's like when you text into the ABYSS and you get nothing back. It's like it was like when I had postponon depression, just talking to talking to a wall. Yeah, yeah, that's good. I'll start like either emphasizing things or things for bringing it up. We also have a tex stream about like another area of her business. I've asked though, where the other people on my team. I'll be like sorry, and they're like, oh, you're like not the worst at all, So don't trust that to you. Don't worry about it Between me and them, they're lying when you were on postpartum leaf. They're lying either like I think what's different between you and like you you're really fun to work with. I like you're different from other people, but like I think you have a really you're really grateful and I think that gratitude really shines through with like how you treat people that you work with, And I think that's really what's you know, like I mixed up for me. Yeah, like she's just like ghosting us, but like you know, she cares, but like just can't care right now. It's hard because I also think.
Speaker 2: It's been so many iterations of social media and creating content that it's you know, it started in one way and it's advanced so much and it was like TikTok came and then yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean not been through.
Speaker 2: It's quite quite a luxury job and luxury position I'm in. But I mean I think it's just sometimes there's that burnout and you're just like I have hosts. Yeah, yeah, you, I mean you have burnout too.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think like yeah, when you We've talked about this so many times. It's like that not that you're getting validation from social media, but like your livelihood and how you make money is based on social media, right, Like it's like just like a lot of pressure and it's like your work, Like if you go to your job, you can like log out of your job. You can't, like I mean you can log out of Instagram. But like it is just right, always on right, and it's like it's I think people like, oh, I'm so jealous of content creators and this and that, but like I don't know of be it at the end of the day, like it is. It takes a certain amount of grit, Like I don't know how, I don't know what the right word is, but it's like being in the spotlight takes a certain amount of like you just have to be off. Yeah, I mean so I would be like i'd cry. Well.
Speaker 2: I think that's that's part of the journey, especially that I've had where it was being on the Bachelor and having people just have opinions of not liking me just because they were rooting for someone else to end up with the guy, and then you kind of go through that of you know, why do people not like me? I haven't done anything, and then just navigating it's just a TV show, and then dating Haley and then coming out and expecting that reaction as well.
Speaker 1: You kind of just and then having people close to me have reactions to me coming out you kind of go, what's the worst a stranger can say?
Speaker 2: You know, kind of shifts your perspective. But I also think that comes with age too. You just kind of go, who are they? These are not real?
Speaker 1: In my mind, I'm like, these are not real people because real people want to come up and say this to you to your face. Yeah, what is the relationship on the para social? Para social? Parasocial? It's like a really interesting one. Like it like, you know, it feels close though, like it feels like a friendship, but when it feels when it's friendly, it feels real. But that's a good way to like, what was the girl that said the other the other week? Wow? Not even that nobody cares? No one cares, which I literally did laugh out loud. I mean that's so funny because I every time I go to post, I'm like, no one cares? I voice was that you actually? Yeah, troll account my burner account. No, it's when you post your like drawings or your questions on your stories. That's what I'm always like, No, why what are you doing. Are you okay?
Speaker 2: Yeah, what questions did you have for me?
Speaker 1: Well? Are you going to have kids? Well? You guys so back and forth on I mean, we're very much like no right now, but we're not one hundred percent no, but we're like definitely past fifty percent of being no. Okay.
Speaker 2: I think we I think it's a fun season because so many people close to us, our friends, are having babies, so we're getting to have We're getting to watch it happen and see the highs and the lows up close.
Speaker 1: But I think every.
Speaker 2: Time we spend time with kids, we go home and we're kind of like, Okay, we're really happy with our life.
Speaker 1: You know, last night I was like looking at your maybe it was Haley's story, your story, and I saw you sitting there with your red light mask on. Yeah, and I like, in my other hand have like my Nanit monitor and Remy's like screaming, and I'm like, bro, like if I could just sit with my red light mask on and just chill for a little bit, but yeah, gotta go rock the boy like I think it it. Yeah, you live a very your life is cozy.
Speaker 2: It's very comfortable, and it's very like we do whatever we want, we have time to do whatever we want, and I just don't feel my thing is I know that if we had a kid, I would it would be my everything, like the child would be my everything everything. And I also, which I wanted to talk about, I know that would ultimately affect my relationship with Haley because of your like your relationship changes once you have I mean, just naturally, I think you can come back, but for a chunk of time. I think you have to be really intentional about that. And I just I love our relationship and I love our life, and I love the quiet you know I do.
Speaker 1: And I love I just love.
Speaker 2: We're both on the same page about it, so it's not one hundred percent no, but we're very content right now. But I was going to ask what the shifts of like your partner and relationship with person.
Speaker 1: I think, I mean, you only have like so much like love in your heart, or like you only have so much you can give at any one time, and so like when so much is required of the baby, there's like less like whatever gas in your tank, like capacity capacity, and so like that is gonna shift things. It's also like you know, the sexual side of it, like you're ripped up, you're torn you like, you know, like they say you can have sex after six weeks, but I'm sorry, like I was still leading it. Yeah, Like it's just unwell down there, like you know, it's like it's that the physical part of it changes a little bit. Your body's different, like your so much is You're just so different, you know. But I feel like we're we're just like a really good team, like we really are, like we really compliment each other well, and like it's we're not like fighting more. We're not like having issues or anything like that. I think it's just it's just it's just different because there's like this like one more person to love in the relationship, yes, and keeping alive, like you're literally having.
Speaker 2: To give so much energy to yeah loving a baby, but also survival.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean you have to like ask if you can go to the bathroom, like can I go to the bathroom? Like you got him? Like you know, it's like that, it's just the freedom is gone. Yeah. So it's just like the dynamic changes. You can't just go poop when you need to poop, no, no cereal in them poop. Yeah, that's a lux that's a luxury, that is, you've given up. Yeah, well it'd be like that. People were asking about Randy and Cline. Oh naturally, I mean, when is the last time that we've actually so let me.
Speaker 2: Tell you about what happened with the Randy and Cline. When we started Randy and Cline, Allie was not quite as pairing in terms of how she presented to the world. That is, Yeah, because then when you started, when you were single.
Speaker 1: Oh, so then she got she was in a relationship long term before Carson, and she was just free as the wind post. I could post anything about her, she would not care.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And then she got out of that relationship and she was in her hot girl era.
Speaker 1: I was so hot, and she would she would just and we like, do a reel of just that footage. Are you being hot? Yeah? No, just a brandy. And so when I would try to get her to participate in Randy Incline, it was, yeah, I was she would spiral. We would do something and it would be really funny, and then she would say, I look ugly, which is the whole point now, I know. I mean, yeah, I think there's like, okay, I'm dressed as like a guy and like with a mullet. But then it's like I also was like I think it was a point in my career two where I was like a business I was trying to be a business whatever, and so I was kind of getting like pressure. I don't know, I just like I felt like weird about it. I would go full Randy now, like I I feel like I'm so open on social media, like right, like I don't know, yeah, but that just came back. Oh yeah, and it's a it's a newer thing for me. So now that I'm over all of that and like my looks and my beauty, I am open to bringing Randy and climb back. Okay, I just don't know, Like I don't even know where I think. I really I think, yeah, I definitely don't have any Do you have my shorts? I can reorder some things for you.
Speaker 3: It's going to go.
Speaker 1: But what's funny is that like whole look is like I feel so many girls are doing that now. I feel like they're bachelorettes and stuff. Did we start that or is that I want to claim it? I kind of do, but I don't I don't remember seeing other people do like we invented. Like I hadn't seen that, Like we made that up right, and now they call it like the barbecue Dad or something like that. I literally feel like once a week someone is doing a bachelorette and that's what they're dressing at. Yeah, it's a classic. We used to get like tagged in that type of content. Yeah, they they've gotten the original text. That we've lost the original text. Okay, I think I think we need to claim that back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree, So I'll order some stuff and we'll get back into that. What are some unexpected things about motherhood, both positive and negative, that you were surprised about?
Speaker 1: Hmmm. I think everyone said, like, like your pets, like you're the dynamic changes with your pets, and I was like, no, like that'll never happen. It does change the dynamic with your pets. I was surprised that happened to me. It's a weird one to choose, but like, I just want to talk about that because you love Bobe more than like life. Yeah, nothing would ever changed that. And and well if you care so much about your dog, like I know, i'd be upset. I'd be scary obsessive, so obsessive. Yeah, boy, mom, what else? I mean, I don't know. I feel like it's all just like a crapsh Like, I don't know, it's all crazy. It's nothing is what I expected. Nothing is what I like thought it was easier than you thought it would be.
Speaker 2: Mmmmm like that you were like, oh, I was kind of scared about this and teething.
Speaker 1: Oh, like I was definitely afraid of teething okay, and knock on wood like, I mean it's like raugh a little bit that I would not say, that's like the hardest.
Speaker 2: Oh, you're so lucky. I've heard really like nightmare things about teeth.
Speaker 1: I'm like, am I just like waiting because I think you got a moler already and he like there was a little a day or two of like some madness, but like that, for whatever reason, like always scared me. I think it was a lot more stuff like in pregnant, like epidural and oh what is that like glucose like test that everyone freaks out. Yeah, Like I feel like I was like made to be so afraid of that, which a breeze. Yeah, I don't know, I haven't been.
Speaker 2: Like, I mean, obviously you went through something really traumatic, but there wasn't There hasn't been anything in general of motherhood that you've been shocked by either way other than the pets.
Speaker 1: Yeah, do you make the amount of bouncing that would happen? Like I have bounced my ass off while not technically speaking because it's like larger than ever, but like I bounce all day and all night, like on a medicine ball. I didn't know that was like part of motherhood, like to get him to sleep, to calm him down, Like it's a multipurpose solution, the bouncing.
Speaker 2: No, it is kind of crazy though that you could have another baby and it and never bounce again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think don't most people bounce? Well, you have the you know, I can't do that when I'm holding Bobe. Really, yeah, I'm not. I don't have that like rhythm to do that. I tried to do it the other night with him, and he like goes up and he like starts to like dance. I'm like, no, it's not the right to feel like if I don't have my ball or my tools, like I cannot get him to sleep. And I think sleep is a big one, right, Like I think that there's like but there's a lot of like pressure and talk about sleep and it's like how you get them to we have not done sleep dream where you look like cry it out and stuff. Is that controversial? Yes, that's so controversial. There's such like a party that's like do it. It's the best thing that's ever like, well happened to you to Then other people are like they're only young ones. It's horrible. Like there's so very left and right camps on that.
Speaker 2: I just think my whole thing of observing and watching people is that certain things work really well for some people and the baby, and certain things that are completely opposite work for the next family. Like I think it's the I think it's scary to be a parent on social media right now because everyone's got an opinion of everything, and it's also obviously their space for community and that's really beautiful. But at the end of the day, people have an opinion on anything you do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's tough. No, that is tough, Like I think likely yeah, like when our parents were parenting, like they probably what is that book? Like everyone had liked like chicken Soup for the soul, but like it was like I would love to chicken say the soul. We read that Oh my gosh, I don't know. It was this parenting book that basically everyone had in like the nineties, and I feel like that's all they had. They didn't have the Internet, they didn't like they could call a friend, but they you're kind of just like raw dogging it and like that's you like read or you talk to a doctor. Yeah. I feel like that was what you did. And like you could argue that that makes parenting easier now than all the access, or you could say it makes it harder.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because there's the opposite things.
Speaker 1: You get paralyzed in decision. Yeah, And I think that was a problem with me. It's like I couldn't make decisions on stuff because I was hearing from so many different angles. Yeah, I get that.
Speaker 2: I would feel overwhelmed by that someone said, please let her know how much her transparency about her experienced postpartum means someone with.
Speaker 1: That, I I think that it. Well, one in seven women goes through postpartum depression. They say, like the stats are even more like one in five because a lot of it goes like undiagnosed or undocumented. It's a lot of women. It's a lot of women like that is. Yeah, it's and I feel like being vulnerable about all of it has been healing for me, So I like sharing about it.
Speaker 2: I bet, Like, I mean, I feel like there's freedom and expressing those things because it can feel scary because it's so personal and vulnerable, but it also it makes people go like, oh my gosh, me too, me too, me too, and you just create like that sense of oh my gosh, I'm not alone. And I think a big part of depression and postpartum what it seems like is that feeling of being alone and like no one.
Speaker 1: Gets it, no one gets it, and like you're the worst case ever and like you'll never get better. Yeah, And I think like actually hearing stories of women getting better from postpartum depression was like so like warmed my soul, Like I would just sit there. Actually ordered this book from Amazon about all these like personal stories and essays of women that had postpun depression that got better and they like they like sentim in and like it's like literally written in the eighties or something like I don't know, but it was like I loved reading it. I mean, yeah, that's that's so hopeful. I mean, that's the.
Speaker 2: Main thing you need when you're going through something like that. I would imagine someone said, how are you balancing work life and you know, being a mom.
Speaker 1: I always thought this would be like really really difficult, But I feel like it's like when I'm at work and I'm present, like and I'm in front of my computer, like I am just like I'm head down, get it done because I know, like my reward at the end is like being with Remy and hanging out with him, and like I just want to get everything done and do it right. Yeah, so I feel like it's actually like motivated me to be like working harder. I don't know, like I I still feel really like motivated in my career. I love what I'm doing. I yeah, I'm feeling good about it. But there's there's times where I'm like, hey, I got to go because I got to go to the doctor with Remy or I got to like you know, I and I am grateful I have that flexibility in my career and in my company is like you know, I founded it and my co CEO is a female and a mom, and like it's mostly a women operated company and so we we love motherhood and we love mothers and so I think that that helps us be like more flexible and have that kind of like entrained in our culture.
Speaker 2: How do you feel like our friendship has changed since having a baby?
Speaker 1: Was that a question or you just wanted someone asked, Oh, that's emotional? Really? I think so? I think you really see who shows up for you when you're at your your deepest, darkest moment. You really do. Because it's easy to be friends with someone that's happy and giving, but when they're dark and can't give anything, you really see who shows up for you. So I think I'll be like forever changed in the way that you showed up for me just by like coming, like just coming. I remember that night you came over, like and we made what did we make? Cookies? Cookies be goes. I think I was just sitting in the corner crying, wasn't I? And you were like like afraid of me. But I think it was just like your presence, your warmth, your care, like you showing up every every day, you showed up for me, You checked in on me, you even just a little hey thinking about you, like I will never think of you the same, like never think of you the same, like your your family to me. You're like you are a sister to me. I love you like I thank you, like you got me out of something so deep and dark, and I think, I don't know, it's just like forever going to change how I feel about you. Wow, that's emotional. I didn't give you his family to your like my sister.
Speaker 2: And I'm just so it's so like healing to have this full circle of like you being on the podcast and sharing this and being so on the other side and so happy and so like joyful in this phase of your life, and like getting to watch you step into the role of being a mom has just been like the coolest thing. And I was so scared of being like, oh no, I'm losing you know. It's like everyone talks about your and I get it. I mean like, like, yeah, life changes and your focus is now, your attention is elsewhere. But I also feel like we have so much banter and text throughout the day that and I get to, you know, see him and be a part of your life with him, and it's been so fun and I'm just I'm so grateful and it's been a really fun phase.
Speaker 1: And I'm totally open to you having two or having one, whatever you want, and I'll be there through it all. Okay, yeah, yeah that'll be we'll see, we'll see what happens. Yeah, there's no pressure because I actually I don't feel any I mean I think that's like a like people are always asking like when are you gonna have number two? Or what are you thinking? Like it's just like everyone asks that and like I just don't know. I don't know. That's how I feel.
Speaker 2: I mean when people ask me about kids, I don't I never am like frustrated. I'm just like people are just curious because it's like the stages of life and what you do, and obviously we're not getting younger, so it's kind of like.
Speaker 1: Hey, like you doing this your eggs? I don't know. I've thought about it.
Speaker 2: I go back and forth on it because I know people who have done it, and you know it's a process and then you have them, and I feel like it would be smart for me to have that insurance.
Speaker 1: Have you gotten like your eggs like scanned or anything? I know, and you should start with here.
Speaker 2: I am I'll the psychic and God just like Pomeranians Pomeranian souls waiting for me.
Speaker 1: I mean, if I was a psychic, I would say I see soul waiting for just one soul really just a singular. The thing is is I I feel very confident with being like I feel very maternal, and I do feel very nurturing, and I know I would, like I said it would that would be my whole life.
Speaker 2: But I also am just realistic about where I'm at and wanting that. And it's such a decision for us, you know, like it's such a process to go through of like you know, finding a donor, freezing our eggs, doing all the things, and that's just it's it would be, it's it would be a huge choice to make, you know, and when it be like, let's just see what happens and try. So I think that's another part of it too. We really have to really be sure. I think you'd be so happy with whichever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's how I feel. I'll genuinely like saying that about you, Like I think you and you're going to be like an aunt to so many and already are an aunt to so many. I am aunt Becca, Yeah, and so you're gonna get that like you know, relationship with children regardless. Yeah, and they're they're yours as well their mine, and then I give them back. Yeah when you want to go to sleep.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe those are the souls waiting for me to be the aunt. Thank you so much for coming on. Thank you for being so vulnerable and open and sharing the good, the bad, all the things, the nasty, the nasty of yourself.
Speaker 1: Thank you for having me. I love scrubbing in. Longtime listener, well, longtime listener, yeah or what is it, longtime listener, longtime fan or something. Now it's like first time follower, longtime listener. I don't know. Hard to say. This was fun though, Thank you, Thank you everybody for listening. We hope it was informative and we love you so much. By my