Speaker 1: Good morning, Usa yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo ess on maternity leave with up Lo the Roso the morning, Peace to the planet.
Speaker 2: Yes, what day it is?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: What day it is? Good morning morning? It's Wednesday, hump D. Middle of the week. How you guys feeling?
Speaker 4: I am blessed, black and highly favored. Happy to be here another day to serve our beautiful breakfast club listeners.
Speaker 5: Thank you God everything. Charlotte said, Yes, well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, did y'all see basketball last night? Did you watch basketball? Did you see Lebron and Browny place? I saw that?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I saw on my timeline and watch the game.
Speaker 2: Yes, I saw it on Instagram.
Speaker 4: I was out to dinner with some of my folks, but yeah, I saw it on Instagram.
Speaker 2: Did they Bronni's corny points and I brought it in his scordy points? How long did you play?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: Sure?
Speaker 5: Four minutes, three minutes.
Speaker 2: Three minutes? Not sure? Okay? Yeah, I also see my necks got blown out the Celtics last night. Jesus Christ. They tied the NBA record for making the most threes last night. It was crazy. It was definitely crazy.
Speaker 1: Congratulations to them and it was their ring ceremonies so that they got their their world ranks. Last night was a huge sports night at the crib last night, which I'll do anything you say.
Speaker 4: She went out to eat, Yeah, I was out to eat. I went out to eat with some of my folks last night. A great dinner conversation. Man, I have a homie who you know, brings people together in a real way and brings together these great uh, these great dinners where we have great, great conversation y'all know, y'all know Bobby Brown.
Speaker 2: You know Bobby Brown. My prerogative which the makeup artist, Bobby Brown, Yes, oh yeah, Jones Road, Yeah guy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she brings She has these great dinners with you know a lot of diverse, diverse people at the table, and we have these great conversations. So last night was one of those nights you leave my last yes alone. No, I should have asked her about your last year.
Speaker 6: No know, you should ask her about why you should leave them alone, because you know, I'm sure as black women in beauty, all the strides that we're making, we don't need likes of you try to set us back.
Speaker 4: No, we don't need your eyelash kicking your ass every day. I don't want to see you here fighting with your eyelash every morning.
Speaker 2: I want to know how we can stop that violence. But she doesn't have it.
Speaker 5: Moing today's in three days.
Speaker 2: Because they've been beating. I just should you should. I just wanted you should have been into that relationship.
Speaker 6: I have attachment issues. I just wanted to take a break, like I just needed a break after g HO. I just need a break from everything.
Speaker 2: And you know what.
Speaker 1: I was in the back yesterday, and you know in the back we have the cameras on the way you was beating your head yesterday.
Speaker 2: I tried to tell her, y'all that was bad yo, like for.
Speaker 5: Real, my rat tail cam.
Speaker 2: I should have brought you the redtail comb.
Speaker 4: Dang, ain't nothing and all these women up here didn't bring you a redtail comb.
Speaker 2: Took scratch up under that, captain. I told you this is done. As it was beating. You might have a concussion. I told her that yesterday.
Speaker 6: Y'all don't understand. It's like braids and everything under here?
Speaker 5: What is it?
Speaker 2: The braids?
Speaker 5: And get your friends.
Speaker 2: She's like, she's young.
Speaker 4: She's too young to understand where that came from. What is Kingdrick Lamar, I'm talking to one about you? He thought about fifty.
Speaker 2: I think there's only one person in this room that might.
Speaker 4: Have too old exactly, got Jeff baby h all right to know what that came for?
Speaker 7: What?
Speaker 2: All right? She's too young to know where that came from. It that was just a stumble. You got c T when you said, what is it? What is it? The brain?
Speaker 1: I was thinking, what is it? Vevent, That's where I thought it came from. I was thinking America, My god, That's what I thought it was. I know that five minutes ago. His brain works different.
Speaker 2: That's what what is it?
Speaker 3: What is it?
Speaker 2: What is it? That's what I thought it was from. I was spread start the show. No, we're not yet. Damon Wades Junior will be joining us this morning.
Speaker 1: My God Papa House comes out Mondays at eight thirty pm.
Speaker 2: Each Lauren need a helmet, Lauren hitting herself in the head. You just need a help. You need a helmet.
Speaker 6: I really want It's over there getting my Bobby Brown Compact so you could tell her like.
Speaker 5: I love her.
Speaker 1: Bobby ellis, all right, well, let's get the show crack if we got front page news.
Speaker 2: Is Morgan, what is this morning? All right? Perfect? It's the Breakfast Lub. Good morning morning. Everybody is thej n V.
Speaker 1: Jess, Hilarry is Charlomagne the guy. We are the breakfast Club. Long the roster, feeling in for Jess and let's get in some front page news.
Speaker 2: Start for some quick sports.
Speaker 1: Like I said, the Lakers beat the Timberwolves last night, one ten, one o three. The Celtics destroyed the Knicks one thirty two to one oh nine. And the historic baseball, the fifty to fifty baseball, actually sold yesterday at auction for four point four million dollars. Now, the Dodgers allegedly offered them three hundred thousand dollars. When he caught the ball. He decided not to sell it right then and there and wound up making four point four million auction.
Speaker 2: Smart guy, Morning Morgan.
Speaker 8: Good morning, good morning, Good morning, en V. Charlemagne and Lauren get to be back with you, guys. How you feeling this morning?
Speaker 1: How you feeling miss party party, party, party, party man.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that Ravens game. We'll blame it on that right there you go.
Speaker 8: Election day is officially thirteen on Tuesday, Tuesday, November fifth, and on top of the front page News is making sure you exercise your right to vote. With that said former President Trump and Vice President Harris. They are active on the campaign trail in swing states.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 8: Yesterday, Trump participated in a roundtable with Latino voters in Florida Dural Miami area, and he also took part in a rally in North Carolina where he slammed the Biden Harris administration on topics related to going electric, immigration, the economy, and the border.
Speaker 5: Let's hear more from Trump in Florida.
Speaker 9: She was made the border zone. Now she said she wasn't. She was the borders are for three and a half years, and now she said now whether she is or not, she was in charge of the border. That's loud and clear. She never once called the border patrol the border patrol. By the way, five days ago, endorsed me, which is something there not even really supposed to hold. And in endorsing me, they gave it a full throat and endorsement. But and endorsement they said, how horrible she is. And it's not easy for them to say that, you know, this is the vice president of the country. They work for the country.
Speaker 2: They got to stop saying full throated endorsement.
Speaker 4: God ok, I mean nobody ever paused that when they said that they gave me.
Speaker 2: A full throated endorsement.
Speaker 10: Oh.
Speaker 8: He also asked the crowd if Harris drinks or whether she was on drugs, and reference to a recent interview that she did on sixty Minutes, saying it was that bad that he was basically concerned about her use of other substances. Anyways, last week at a rally in Arizona, the National Board of Patrol Council did in fact endorse former President Trump. Now, speaking of Arizona, which is a swing stage, Trump's running mate J. D.
Speaker 5: Vance.
Speaker 8: He spoke at a campaign event yesterday in Arizona where he compared VP Harris's energy plan to that a former President Trump's energy plan. Let's hear those comments from Vance in Arizona.
Speaker 11: Kamala Harris's economic plan is to wage war on American energy, drive up the cost of oil, drive up the costs of natural gas, and drive up the cost of everything that requires low energy costs, which is everything that we buy. You know, Donald Trump's plan to bring down energy prices is very simple.
Speaker 2: It's drill, baby, drill. We got plenty of oil and.
Speaker 11: Gas and our own country, let's get it out of the ground.
Speaker 4: I mean, listen, man, I keep telling y'all, Biden administration drilled way more than Donald Trump's administration did.
Speaker 2: That's why I do understand.
Speaker 4: Like there's some of these questions, like even this stuff with the borders are right, like when they.
Speaker 2: Say this stuff when JD.
Speaker 4: Van says that all you got to do is just simply put out the numbers, Biden administration drilled more than Trump. When they say the vice president is the borders are and she's in charge of the border. No, she's not the Secretary of Homeland Security. It's his job to manage the border. Like see not the borders are like it's just like the simple things they can push back on. And you know, when we had the conversation that I had with her a week ago, I said that I'm like, why do y'all why you just allow these labels to be put on you.
Speaker 5: Her answer was basically, she ain't got time to respond to everything.
Speaker 4: You know that you got everything, but some things you know, don't have to respond, just simple, and you should you know, you should clean up.
Speaker 5: Well, let's run down some of the polls.
Speaker 8: Right now, Vice President Harris with a three point lead nationally over former President Trump with two weeks to remain. The Rudi Ipsis poll shows that Harris has a forty six percent over Trump's forty three percent. But in that same time framed Trump read out Harris and the Hill Decision Desk HQ election forecast for the first time that shows the GOP nominee has a fifty two percent chance of winning, with Harris at forty eight percent, And the latest national poll by Emerson College shows that Harris with forty nine percent compared to Trump's forty eight percent. So, as it has been previously mentioned over and over and over again, this race is neck and neck. So it is imperative that everybody get out to vote. At seven, I will talk about or see, we'll catch up with where Vice President Harris is on the campaign trail.
Speaker 4: It's just wild that we we having these conversations, Like I promise you if this was any other candidate, they'd be disqualified from running. Like did you see the Atlantic article that came out last night where Trump said I need the kind of generals that Hitler had. Why you even, like, why are we even flirting with that? Like, why are you even flirting with that type of fascist? And when you got a guy talking about using the military against political opponents, he wants to jail journalists, talking about suspended the constitution to overthrow the results of the lift.
Speaker 5: The privilege that he has to just be able to throw those things, talking.
Speaker 4: About putting people in camps. You need the kind of generals that Hitler had. Why are we even flirting with that? Like, what's up America's screen?
Speaker 5: If anybody else and under investigation?
Speaker 1: Yep, all right, well let's that's front page news. We'll see you next hour. Everybody else, Get it off your chest eight hundred five eight five one. If you need to vent, phone line to wide open again eight hundred five eight five one.
Speaker 2: Get it off your chests.
Speaker 12: The breakfast cloacal, the breakfast club, this is your time to get it off your chest.
Speaker 2: Eight hundred five eight five five one. We want to hear from you on the breakfast club. Hello, who's this?
Speaker 3: Good morning breakfast Jay?
Speaker 2: Hey, what's up about to get off your chest?
Speaker 3: Hey?
Speaker 13: I'm excited for my son.
Speaker 14: He is officially in Alpha, but this is his first homecoming coming up as an house like he's a legacy kid.
Speaker 13: I'm in Alpha.
Speaker 4: He missed homecoming.
Speaker 3: Last week with me from to go to Howard. It's a big weekend for him.
Speaker 13: I kind of want to show up for him and said, but I ain't got it like I used to.
Speaker 3: I'm just gonna record him.
Speaker 5: Man, Oh you Alpha, I was miss Black and Gold.
Speaker 2: What that means? Okay?
Speaker 5: I want to in college like the mess.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what's cool? What school does he go to?
Speaker 14: Bro?
Speaker 13: He's at Produce and I graduated undergrad from Ball.
Speaker 3: Staying in Indiana.
Speaker 13: But it's a homecoming.
Speaker 15: Man, I'm excited for him.
Speaker 2: Well, congratulations to your something. Man.
Speaker 5: Don't go out there stepping all I got it no more. Let them let him be great.
Speaker 2: Here we go, all right, except with your son. Brother? Hello, who's this is Malcolm X from the d What though? What up though? Malcolm X? Broo Mercy some big shoes to Phil Brother?
Speaker 3: Yes, sir, Yes sir. My mother named me after him, was a big fan of his dope. Good morning to you, Mss Lauren. You know what I mean. Thank you for taking my call.
Speaker 2: Yes, sir, I just want to be in I'm a fifty.
Speaker 3: Four year old black man from the from the D'm a former marine and a former police officer, and I did have a problem with the so called you know, the brothers out there that you know that don't want to vote now here it is Kamala Harris was just throwing it to the position to be VP. And you know, you got the brothers out here saying, hey, we need to treat our queens and be good to them and all come together and all this, and yet and still they keep bashing Kamala for trying to do what is trying to do? You know, nobody saying, you know, you don't have no black women calling here and complaining about what's trying to do. But you got all these black men complaining like, hey, what is Combona gonna do for me?
Speaker 2: You can can I say something?
Speaker 4: Let's not feed into that narrative, man, because the reality, because because the reality is black men are always the second largest voting block of Democrats. And also the other reality is if there's black men out there, you know, who have those questions and they want to feel like they want to be talked to, that they have the right to do that, and she understands that. That's why she says, Yo, every community I have to go out there and earn their votes, including black men, so they.
Speaker 2: Have the right to do that.
Speaker 3: I understand, understand. I would just saw that, you know, when I was looking at that Atlanta on TV, and it just seems like when you know, the white men get up in the in the office. I don't hear no phone calls or anything complaining about Bush, Clinton, you know, none of them, you know, but get up in.
Speaker 2: That's not true though.
Speaker 14: Man.
Speaker 4: We keep saying like everybody had mad complains about Biden. People definitely got I wasn't even voting when George Bush was president, but I definitely remember everybody complaining about Georgia of you, but.
Speaker 2: Some people complain about every president.
Speaker 1: They complained about Barack Obama, they complained about complaining around Biden.
Speaker 2: And I think people have the right to complain. People have the right to question.
Speaker 1: I don't think people have the right to be disrespectful, like I've heard a lot of brothers be disrespectful recently.
Speaker 2: But outside of that, I think people have the right to ask questions.
Speaker 4: They wrong with that, and I'm telling you, this whole black male narrative is not supporting the vice president.
Speaker 2: That is so overstated.
Speaker 4: Once again, somebody got to show me otherwise, because black men are always the second largest voting block, but of Democrats. And ain't nobody out there screaming on these white women fifty two percent of white women voting for Trump with twenty sixteen fifty five percent twenty twenty.
Speaker 2: Ain't nobody barking on them? Go balk on them.
Speaker 1: Get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. If you need to vent, hit us up now. It's the breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Good morning, the breakfast Club, right right, ray yo.
Speaker 1: Charla mack yafy, what up are we lying?
Speaker 2: This is your time to get it off your chest.
Speaker 16: Got an indoor pool.
Speaker 2: We want to hear from you on the breakfast club.
Speaker 16: Get on the phone right now.
Speaker 8: He'll tell you what it is. We live.
Speaker 2: Hello. Who's this?
Speaker 3: Hey? What's up?
Speaker 16: This is uh Thigg. He's from Pittsburg. More a breakfast club. Hey, I wanted to get off my chest. They had a rally for Trump here in that little burrow in Pittsburg the other day. It was it was nasty, it was crazy, it was all Mayo running through the streets, Helman's and Miracle where all those big backs. It was just disgusting. I don't know why everybody keep tripping off these checks.
Speaker 2: Mat Yeah, it was nothing.
Speaker 16: It was figue how it is help.
Speaker 2: Lot of people, though, let's not act like that. Ain't no money.
Speaker 5: Yeah to some people that I said, it helped.
Speaker 16: It helped at that cast. But like you say, Charlamagne is over. For that, another pandemic happened. They think they think Trump is they spread It's crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they think Trump is gonna be handing our money. But you know, it always reminds me of this quote.
Speaker 4: And the quote is people will forget what you did, they'll forget what you said, but they'll never forget how you made them feel. And you know, during that time, when you receiving checks in the mail and they got somebody name on it, you know, you like whoa thank you, whoever's name is on that check. Because it's not like Biden didn't put out a stimulus check. He just didn't put his.
Speaker 2: Name on it. They they were just terrible at marketing.
Speaker 16: They don't realize when you get a police immunity and all these black people like yeah, yeah, and they sons and daughters getting shot by the police because they got immunities. Then they'll be like, oh, we.
Speaker 2: Should have never folded for him, man.
Speaker 16: Like they don't see that coming. It's a bigger picture. And one more thing, yo, that's nasty work, which y'all going when we all hold we gotta listen to Bart Simpson open the music.
Speaker 4: That's crazy or we got a bunch of we got a bunch of different theme songs.
Speaker 2: And it ain't just bought Simpsons a bunch of theme songs.
Speaker 16: Charlam mane, that's nasty.
Speaker 2: Man. Come on, man, you don't like the TV theme songs?
Speaker 16: Nah?
Speaker 2: Not that trys to put you in a happy place. Thank you.
Speaker 4: We got the Simpsons, we got a Cosby Show, we got Boondocks, we got a different world.
Speaker 2: Hello. Who's this?
Speaker 15: Hello?
Speaker 17: Hello?
Speaker 9: Yo?
Speaker 2: What's up? Get off your chest? Brother?
Speaker 4: First of all, good morning, Charlamagne the God, DJ Envy, Beautiful Lauren Loroso.
Speaker 13: Yes, I got two things.
Speaker 16: Yeah, first, I got two things. Got my chair.
Speaker 13: First off, man, y'all be bullying miss Lauren early.
Speaker 5: Talk about it.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 5: It's like it's crazy what I'm be going through up.
Speaker 13: Here, right right, you're too beautiful for that.
Speaker 2: Thank you?
Speaker 16: What were you born eighty eight?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: See, let me tell you something about y'all generation. Y'all s the word bully around so stupid. I'd be wondering, like I read comments sometime and I'd be like, did y'all grow up around any black people?
Speaker 18: Like?
Speaker 4: Well, you know, family used to track jokes on each other. I can't tell you, just like you, bro, So why are you using words like bully?
Speaker 16: Don't be bullying her early in the morning.
Speaker 2: Man, shut up.
Speaker 5: I love that you used the word beautiful. You know you could use that a lot.
Speaker 13: Oh yeah, I'll be checking out your Instagram all the time to show thank you.
Speaker 16: But the second thing I wanted together, y'all gotta leave Hendrick Lamar alone. Y'all got to take.
Speaker 13: That that that they not like us.
Speaker 3: They got to come off the radio.
Speaker 2: No, sir, why would you want that? You must be like skined. Yeah I am.
Speaker 3: I want to man, y'all running it.
Speaker 2: In the ground. Hey man, it's a hit record. Okay it is, but it's like you're fortunate on us. No, no, we did not, but that was an instant hit record.
Speaker 4: The moment everybody like a video record like y'all, y'all just like take that, take that, Take that all right, have a good day.
Speaker 6: And that's not don't think I want him being my bully defend.
Speaker 2: Hello, who's this?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: This is a kill man? Kill what's up? Get off your chest and kill?
Speaker 13: Hey man, I gotta talk to Lauren man. Oh God, knee over there. Hey, So you had the comment, hey man, So listen. I'm a long time listen. I love y'all, Charlemagne Avey. I appreciate y'all everything y'all do for the community, all that. I love you too, But I got I got to keep it one hunting right. When you was up here earlier, when they were doing the switches and stuff, you were talking about comments, you talked about he was love bombing and all kinds of stuff, right, and you came at him a little bit. But when j Loo you you flipped the script. I mean, as far as I know, Jaylo was married, so nobody. Yeah, yeah, keep you one hundred, ln. You can't be just switching switching up the card like that.
Speaker 3: Not.
Speaker 13: I love you, black girl, grind and all that, but I gotta keep it one hundred with you.
Speaker 5: But we don't even know why jay Lo when then didn't work out.
Speaker 13: We didn't know why Tephany Haddish in commedy.
Speaker 5: We knew what Tiffany Hadi shid.
Speaker 13: We knew Tevie Hasht and Jylo them. But Jaylo got history though.
Speaker 2: Well did you?
Speaker 6: Did you hear when I was giving you know, comment, his just due for doing what It seems like it's right with Jennifer Hudson.
Speaker 13: Yes, but I'm saying you needed to.
Speaker 2: Get the same endity to Ja. Love you you you want.
Speaker 13: It back a little bit. I'm not gonna say no, but I understanding.
Speaker 2: I got a point of double standards are real.
Speaker 6: They are, and we have to take them when y'all send them over here. So welcome to our world. I mean, what when when men throw the double sanders on women? We just gotta go with it, right, we just it's just life.
Speaker 2: So welcome Jesus go to the party.
Speaker 5: Nah.
Speaker 6: I hear you though, But I mean, I don't know. I don't really think it's the same. Maybe I am just being biased because she's a woman.
Speaker 1: Thank you and kill get it off your chest eight hundred and five eight five one oh five one If you need the vent you can hit us up.
Speaker 2: Now. We got Jess with the mess with Lona Ross is coming up.
Speaker 5: We do.
Speaker 6: We're gonna talk lebron and Bronni back on the court. But this is not for the official game taking history.
Speaker 2: All right, we'll get into that nexus to Breakfast Club. Good morning, the breakfast Club morning. Everybody is the j n V.
Speaker 1: Jess, Larry Charlamagne the guy, we are the breakfast Club. Let's get to Jess with the mess with lon La Rosa.
Speaker 3: Uns is real.
Speaker 5: Whether it's clons, just ca Robin Moore just don't do no.
Speaker 1: Lines, don't do.
Speaker 5: Talk nobody low.
Speaker 12: Why Jess worldwide mess on the breakfast clubs, the coaching with Lauren Lauren Loros.
Speaker 1: I'm back and I got the mess talk Tommy.
Speaker 5: Go Lauren, whoa, thank you?
Speaker 2: Let's go.
Speaker 5: Yeah, why are you doing that?
Speaker 2: What I'm giving you? Positive encouragement.
Speaker 19: Let's go if you were having oh my god, you don't know, I have no idea.
Speaker 20: Same.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 6: So last night, last night lebron and Bronnie took the court. This is not the first time you've seen them together on the court. They did the preseason game against the Suns. But this is the first time we're seeing them in the actual like opener officially first father and some duo to play together in the NBA. They played in LA last night and they won. Of course they won one ten to one O three. Why you look up when I say.
Speaker 2: That, course, because I was looking down.
Speaker 14: Okay.
Speaker 5: They played against the Minnesota Timberwolves.
Speaker 6: So uh, there was a moment where like the crowd got really really excited because Lebron had already been playing, but he got off and then he checked back in him and Brownie checked in at the same time with four minutes remaining in the game.
Speaker 5: Let's take a listen to their reaction to that. You remember most.
Speaker 3: Already, h huh, you set in intensity right, just played care for you though.
Speaker 14: What my mistake is bron play hard.
Speaker 6: So that's Lebron giving Bronnie some like advice before they get up off the bench. And then when they get off the bench and they check in and the crowd goes crazy. I think for both of them it was just a huge memorable moment at like you know what I mean, his father son, they're actually experiencing it in a real time that audio.
Speaker 5: Yes, we do want that.
Speaker 6: Let's take a listen at number one about tonight he's going off.
Speaker 21: To that score, stating with my dad checked in for the first time, and that's a crazy momile.
Speaker 14: Will never for his.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm just extremely grateful for everything.
Speaker 21: I was given an amazing opportunity to come in this league and get better every day and learn every day.
Speaker 2: He's that's extremely grateful, A.
Speaker 5: Huge smile across your face. Why is this jeat so special?
Speaker 21: It's family. It's always been family over.
Speaker 14: Everything and help for me.
Speaker 21: I lost a lot of time because of this league and committing to this league, being on the road at times, missing a lot of his things, rightest things, Zeri's things. So to be able to have this moment where I'm working still and I can work alongside my son, it's uh one of the greatest gifts I've ever got from the man above, and I'm gonna take full advantage of it.
Speaker 2: That was beautiful, but not what you ask for.
Speaker 4: No, that was what I was when they walked into when they checked in the game.
Speaker 5: No, I was looking for it.
Speaker 2: I was just a crowd chair.
Speaker 6: But I thought that was beautiful and I wanted to make sure we played that one because a lot of times when parents are I mean, your dad is Lebron, he does take a lot of time away from the family to be Lebron before to come full circle like that, I was like, man, such a good moment. But in the crowd, it was a sold out game, tons of people there. King Griffy Junior and King Griffy Senior actually came to witness history because they did the same thing back in nineteen ninety in baseball, so they made it a point to be there in the photos of them before the game got started.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's everybody knew that Brownie Junior was going to play because they actually flew the father and son, King Griffy into actually watch the game, so they knew some people were waiting for that. Solick was don't do I think that was that was great And I think a lot of fathers out there field the same way, like they worked so hard for their family, they missed so much.
Speaker 2: Show the fact that he's able to do that, it's amazing.
Speaker 6: Yep, and on both sides, like everybody, there was a point in the game where Lebron threw the ball to Bronnie and Bronnie shot at three. He didn't make the three missed it, but everybody wanted him to make the shot, just because it would have been like the shot passes, you know what I mean. Like, I think everybody kind of felt it, and I know Bronnie was. They got a lot of flat because of like the whole nepotism or whatever. But I think last night showed why it was so special to the people that didn't get it, to the people in the back that didn't.
Speaker 4: Understand, I'm all for nepotism, and you know they nothing you can do but salute that. I slute Lebron James for putting himself in a position of power to where he can put his son in that position. And if you're a believer in God, if you're a believer in manifestation. Do we not remember when Lebron said years ago he wanted to play with his son one day, and it just seemed so far fetched back then, because you had to think yourself, with damn, would Lebron be around that long? Would his son fetched?
Speaker 6: I don't even like y'all know, I'm not like a sports girls.
Speaker 1: Twenty years exactly, Lebron, Lebron, You're still at the same level exactly.
Speaker 4: We never thought Lebron would be still here twenty one years later. That doesn't happen.
Speaker 2: That don't happen.
Speaker 5: It doesn't happen in any sports. I remember when he said it.
Speaker 6: I was like, Oh, that's definitely it's Lebron. They're going to grant his wish for sure.
Speaker 4: But but but would he be around that long to pay his son get there? And would his son even be good enough to get that kind of Look, you know how many things had to align in order for that dream to come true.
Speaker 2: Y's only God, only God.
Speaker 5: Amen.
Speaker 6: Well dang, yeah, okay, soel time, So okay, Remember we had talked about Cardi b and everything that was happening with her family someone with a fan called CPS whatever whatever. So separately on that same Live Sunday night, late Sunday night, she talked about wanting peace with offset and that piece was completely destroyed last night online. Let's take a listen to her talking about one piece.
Speaker 22: I don't want to have beef for anybody that I that I loved and like helped me a lot after like all of the worst things and everything happened. I want peace and I want friendship. I don't really you know, sometimes when I'll be coming over here and I'll be crashing out the first or the second. The first and second day, I'd be feeling good, then after that I'd be feeling bad. I just want like a healthy, cold parenting relationship, and cold parenting means no f no flirting, no nothing. I just want that like peace.
Speaker 5: I want.
Speaker 22: I want to be like my mom and my dad that they do not each other, but they always there for me and my sister or.
Speaker 6: I will say last night, that is not the display that we got online. And I CARDI did delete these sweets, but it was already too late. All of the websites in the blogs back them. She tweeted, bro I wish the worst on this man. I never hated somebody so much, and these women be so thirsty to have him. Please take this man off my hands. This garbage bag is too heavy. Someone said he's a father of your children. Please stop. She said, yeah, he is. That's why I don't wish him death, but I truly hate this dirty, narcissistic piece of y'all know what came next after that, and she said that she also hates the fact that his family and friends never check him and that's why he's always going to be a piece of y'all know, poop, yep, piece of poop person. And then fans were going as far as to say like he was the person that called CPS to I guess to stirb her piece, and she clarified that that is not true because CPS was called on both her and him. Correct, But she took the tweets down, but it was already too late. So of course these are all over the headlines this morning. Yeah, so another crash out between them.
Speaker 4: Not my business, not my business, even if they post on social media and try to make it all business, it's not my business. And I pray that they figured out a healthy, cold parent in relationship.
Speaker 1: I just pray that they figure it out out, regardless of what it is. I just pray that they figure it out.
Speaker 5: And I just I pray that. I mean, she deleted the tweets this time.
Speaker 6: No, only she don't even believe her tweets, so she's kind of I guess, trying to align with the wanting the piece thing. I just want them to whatever happens, because it's gonna be bumping the road. Did you figure out cole parenting right? Especially you were being together or not. Just figure it out together and not with us figure it out. I normally don't mind being in the chat, but I wouldn't mind being taken out of discrim.
Speaker 4: Not my business, even if they try to make it my business. I'm not listening twin Laura trying to set me up this morning. I feel that she got something in the chamber. That's why she keeps that.
Speaker 2: I just want pe okay, okay, something.
Speaker 5: Right, y'all? CARDI b one piece. I want piece.
Speaker 6: It's Wednesday, be almost at the end of the week.
Speaker 1: I say she was violence. He's been coming at your neck. I say, I think I think you should be quiet. No, I think you know. I think you No, I'm not should be quiet. If I am not, should.
Speaker 6: Be too bafter the hour, I think you should be quiet. We've gotta go grab.
Speaker 14: It on up all right.
Speaker 1: When we come back, Morgan will be joining us, of course front Page News and then Damon Wayne's Junior.
Speaker 2: So don't go anywhere as the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 5: Come on by.
Speaker 1: Everybody's ej NV just Hilarius Charlamagne the guy.
Speaker 2: We are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Law LaRosa filling in for Jess and let's get in some front page News set off with a quick sports. Last night was the start of the NBA season. The Lakers played the tim Wolves, they won one three, and the Celtics beat the Knicks last night one thirty two one on nine.
Speaker 2: Last night, Lebron and Brownie James.
Speaker 1: Made history as the first father and son to play together in the NBA.
Speaker 2: So congratulations to them.
Speaker 1: And I just want to say that fifty to fifty ball, that home run ball that the Dodgers I think offered him three hundred thousand dollars. He sold it for four point four million dollars at auction, So congratulations to that gentleman. All right, what's up, Morgan?
Speaker 2: What's up?
Speaker 19: Is?
Speaker 8: Election Day is officially thirteen days away on Tuesday, November fifth. At the top of the front page News is making sure you exercise your right to vote.
Speaker 5: With that, said Vice President Kamala Hair.
Speaker 8: She sat down for an interview with NBC News is Alie Jackson, and she talked about the issue surrounding immigration, women's reproductive rights, healthcare, and some more, and of course the economy. Let's hear from VP here is on NBC News.
Speaker 23: My plans are focused on working people, the middle class and what we must do to strengthen hardworking people to be able to do what they dream and aspire to be able to do. His plans are about giving tax cuts, massive tax cuts to billionaires and big corporations. His so called plan for the economy, economists have estimated will exasperate inflation and invite a recession by the middle of next year.
Speaker 5: So there's a huge difference between Han and I.
Speaker 8: Meanwhile, Harris's running mate Tim Wallas made a campaign stop in Wisconsin with former President Barack Obama, the Democratic vice presidential nominee, encourage people to vote, and he also talked about how twenty six teen Trump is not the same as twenty twenty Trump and who is not the same as Trump today, and that another Trump term would be dangerous for America. Let's hear those comments from walls in Wisconsin.
Speaker 24: He is not the twenty sixteen Donald Trump. This is a brand new version now. Look, he is as as Kamala says, he is a very unserious person, but the consequences of putting him back in office are deadly serious. He's talking about sending the military against people who don't support him. He's naming names. Look, I recognize I'm going to be at the top of that list. You think he's stopping with me, he's talking about you. He's talking about using the United States military to go after people who disagree with his idiotic ideas, his unpatriotic ideas, his traitorous ideas. And he's talking about using the military. He talks about the enemy from within.
Speaker 2: I agree with Tim Wall everybody just acting like.
Speaker 8: His normal I was about to say, you were just talking about this last hour.
Speaker 5: Charlotte may like it's crazy.
Speaker 8: But also former President Barack Obama he also spoke at the event, and he listed the reasons why Tim Wallas would make a great excuse me, would make a great vice president. Let's hear from Obama in Wisconsin on Walls the kind.
Speaker 2: Of person who should be in politics.
Speaker 21: He's a pattern, he's a teacher, he's a coach, he's a hunter, been.
Speaker 2: A great governor.
Speaker 8: Early in person voting is underway in Wisconsin and of course a number of other states. So you guys, you know, y'all go out there and y'all do y'all big one bringing things home to New York, the exonerated Central Park five.
Speaker 5: I know you guys, touched on this story yesterday.
Speaker 8: Well, he of course, they are suing former President Donald Trump for defamation. The group's attorney, Shane Inspector, says the lawsuit was filed in response to comments made by the former commander in chief during last month's presidential debate. Let's hear more from attorneys in regards to that case.
Speaker 15: They thought it was over, but obviously it wasn't. And now they've been defamed by mister Trump in front of the whole country. And what they want is they want a trial. What they have to do now, all over again, all over again, is clear their names. Mister Trump has known for twenty years that these men were conclusively exonerated, yet he continues to perpetuate his false narrative.
Speaker 8: Yes, so current New York City Councilman Yusuf Salaam, who was a part of the Central Park five he was at that debate. Trump claimed the group pleaded guilty when they were tried in connection to assault and rape of a woman running in Central Park in nineteen eighty nine. The group did not plead guilty, with the complaints saying Trump's statements are demonstrably false and that the men have suffered injuries because of his defamatory statements.
Speaker 5: Just absolutely terrible. We got time for one more.
Speaker 2: Or no, just as your falk five gives all day money. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: But I mean the reality is Donald Trump don't care nothing about the law. Donald Trump's legal team don't care nothing about the law. They could give a damn you know, So good luck, you know, good luck.
Speaker 8: It is sad that you got to kind of get your name cleared. You're exonerated anything. You gotta deal with it all over again. But let's continue to say her name, Brianna Taylor, because she's not here to speak up for herself, defend herself well. Testimony will continue today in Kentucky in a closely watched trial of Brett Hankinson. The trial of Brett Hankinson, the former Louisville officer who was involved in the botched raid on Breonna Taylor's apartment in twenty twenty. Now, an officer who investigated the raid, took the stand on Tuesday. He didn't fire the shot that killed Taylor, but prosecutors argue.
Speaker 5: He fired blindly into the apartment.
Speaker 8: Now Sergeant Jason Vance he used statements by Hankinson in the previous federal trial to show that the former officer could not see what he was shooting at when he fired shots during the raid. This is the third trial for Hankinson, after a deadlock jewelry and the last federal trial, and after he was previously acquitted on state charges, all those wanton charges that Breonna Taylor's a boyfriend was facing. Maybe they should go to this guy here, but I'm not gonna get too much into that.
Speaker 5: That's your front page news. I'm Morgan.
Speaker 8: Would follow me on social app Morgan Media and for more news coverage. To make sure you're following app Black Information Network, download the free iHeartRadio app and visit binnews dot com.
Speaker 2: All right, thank you, Morgan, thank you. All right.
Speaker 1: When we come back, Damon Wayne's junior will be joining us. They have a news series on CBS. It's called Papa's House. All right, mondays at eight thirty pm, and we're gonna talk to him next.
Speaker 2: And don't move. It's to Breakfast Club. Good Morning, the Breakfast Club, Good morning everybody.
Speaker 1: It's DJ Envy, Jess Hilarious, Charlamagne the God. We are to Breakfast Club. Justice on maternity leaves along the Roses filling in and we got a special guest in the building. Yes, indeed, ladies and gentlemen, we have Damon Wayne's junior.
Speaker 2: Welcome.
Speaker 14: Thank you.
Speaker 2: I was thanking man always the Wayne's right. Are you born into the Illuminati or you have to earn your spot?
Speaker 19: Like everybody Illuminati, you definitely don't get here.
Speaker 5: They're definitely walking right in.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 14: I don't know Illuminati. Yeah, man, how do you get there?
Speaker 2: I had to earn my spot? You know what I'm saying, y'all, y'all been successful for so long?
Speaker 14: Oh so success yeakes, it takes it, you know. Yeah, you kind of just walk in at this point. But you know, I'm a conspiracy theorist, so yeah, I don't really Illuminati.
Speaker 6: I thought the conspiracy theory, the conspiracy theories did like the whole Illuminati.
Speaker 5: Isn't that a conspiracy? What illuminati?
Speaker 14: Illuminati is a conspiracy. I don't attach myself to that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, a conspiracy theories.
Speaker 2: I'm like that.
Speaker 5: That's what y'all need, you know. I'll be on I'll be on YouTube.
Speaker 4: I'll be looking at what is the conspiracies about the Waynes brothers have the Wayne's family been so successful for so long.
Speaker 14: I don't know if there's a conspiracy. I think it's just family working together, you know. I feel like that's what we all should be doing. Absolutely, you know what I mean? Like, I feel like black people learn best by example, and so you have a bunch of examples and you just copy on.
Speaker 2: Did you study every member of your family?
Speaker 9: Like?
Speaker 4: Did you watch everything Keenan was in? Did you watch everything your dad was in? You watch everything Marlin was in? Like I'm talking since you was a child, like study.
Speaker 2: Everything that they did.
Speaker 14: I mean, I watched this stuff that I like. There was ones I skipped. What did you glimmer Man?
Speaker 2: I don't remember remember the limmer Man.
Speaker 14: My dad, my uncle Keen did a movie with Steven Sage glimmer Man. Is that what is called?
Speaker 2: I remember that Black Man?
Speaker 14: No, I watched Black Man because.
Speaker 2: I was glimmer Man. I don't even know what you're talking about the glimmer Man. I don't remember this.
Speaker 1: I definitely remember glimmer Man ninety six. I missed that one. Yeah, man, yeah the people did.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 14: I like the comedies. Yeah, I like don't be a man. This is one of my favorite classic love major pain classic movie with Jada Pinkett. Oh, uh, shame so I love though those look like my classics. Yeah, and blank Man because I was so.
Speaker 4: Who the every day working class Wings, every day working any everything where we got a bunch of working class Wings.
Speaker 14: Okay, we got a big ass family. So there's like a lot of people that are just as funny as everybody, but they just don't feel like going through the Hollywood.
Speaker 2: But do they just work? Do they work on the set or do they have like we have some to.
Speaker 14: Work on the set. You know, we got love it. Yeah, we got uncle Shawn's right, Kim the show runner. Yeah, how do you know?
Speaker 2: Yeah, because this guy he lived here.
Speaker 14: You know, my I got my daughter works on the set. She's a standing for essence Adkins character.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 14: And she'd be writing on the show too. She's great. Yeah, she's dope.
Speaker 1: We got to talk about the pressures of being a wayans, I mean, because it is impressure off Pop's uncle family cousins, Like, yeah, is there any pressure?
Speaker 14: No, I don't feel like I don't feel like there's pressure. I mean maybe in the beginning. In the beginning, it was like I used to have a uh an alias when I went on stage, Kyle Green.
Speaker 5: Really yeah, and no one guessed it.
Speaker 19: You look.
Speaker 14: You look like, you know, like the middle of my punchlines back.
Speaker 2: You look just like your damn daddy.
Speaker 14: So I had to change it just to damon, you know. But really I was just trying to get my bearings, you know, trying to get on stage, and I'd be like, I'm to stage, Damon Wayne's son, you know, So that's why.
Speaker 1: Have you never got something? Because you a Wayne's like it was like a part of the family.
Speaker 14: Now maybe I don't know, they don't you know, that's all that behind the scenes stuff. But you know, they let you in. They'll let you in just because they want to see you, you know, like, oh, David Walliams when I first started. So I got in some rooms and shout out to my family for making it easier for me. You know, a lot of people they frowned on the Nepo baby thing. But I think it's great. I think it's like you know, I don't either. I mean, I feel like it's a business. This is a business, just like any other business. If it's a you know, a car manufacturer, and then you pass it down to his son. Stuff like that. It's just that's what it is.
Speaker 2: I think what y'all done a phenomenal.
Speaker 1: I was phenomen I was driving on the West Side yesterday and I saw the digital billboard for Papa's house and they got a billboard out there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but it was you and your pops. And I was just like, man number one, the og didn't win. Been getting it for a long, long long man.
Speaker 14: That man is a killer.
Speaker 4: And it's nothing cooler than being able to do what you love to do with your son.
Speaker 2: Like everybody, we love what bron and Bronnie doing. Got to give it up for y'all too.
Speaker 14: Yeah, man, I mean I'm happy.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 14: We've had a really good time so far. We shot like eleven already and you know, it finally came out and I'm just hoping, you know, people keep watching and seeing because it gets funnier and funnier.
Speaker 12: You know.
Speaker 14: The pilot is a good It sets the stage, sets the characters. But we had a lot of suits. You know, they were like kind of like making sure that we did with what they wanted us to do. And then as time went on, they've let us spread our wings and now we get to just be ridiculous and funny and heartfelt, and you know, I love it. I love seeing my dad every damn day.
Speaker 1: Well what is Papa's House about for people that don't know, Yeah, yeah, So Papa's House is basically about a papa who's a popular morning radio DJ and.
Speaker 14: Really yeah a little bit, yeah, a little bit, and he is a He lives alone, he's happily divorced. He basically lives his dream of solitude until his son, who was like an immature, needy guy, moves in next door to him with his wife and his two kids and just kind of turns Papa's life upside down. And that's basically the long and short of it. We were toying with the idea of calling it raising Damon because it's like, you know, you think it's him raising me, but then it kind of see that Papa needs him raising too. You know. It's a lot of old school versus new school views. I think it's really cool. My goal for the show is to bring back black comedies. Had I known that, you know, the nineties, in the early two thousands, like we're never going to be again, you know, like there were so many options we had fresh Prince of bel Air, Living Single. We have so many options on so many different channels. And had I known that we're going to have like nothing for like, you know, over a decade, I would have appreciated it more, you know, family matters.
Speaker 4: Nobody can explain to me why that went away, because it's not like all all those shows were super successful with this. So what happened in Hollywood that they just flipped this what you said, we don't want no more of this, let'sten do reality television?
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 14: I feel like they always use black people to kind of build up the platforms and then just do away with them. You know, you're you know, the Living Single Friends thing, the UPN remember UPN. Absolutely, they used all them shows, Jamie Foxx Show to the Waynes Brothers. Come on now. They had all these damn.
Speaker 4: Shows, Your Pop Show to my wife and kids.
Speaker 14: My wife and kids. I didn't want to say that because that was yeah, my wife and kids. But like they have some we have so many shows, and I feel like now what we have, we have abbot, we have the neighborhood. Is there anything else?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 4: You know, there was a resurgence, but a lot of them grown.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, black. Yeah, growing Yeah, Insecure, right, Atlanta.
Speaker 14: Insecure was great. I'm talking about like now, like they don't ever. Yeah, like the sitcoms like Network TV. I feel like it's you know, it's far and few between, and I just hope that, you know, maybe the show gets popular enough to be like, oh, let's bring more of those, you know what I mean? I love it because I feel like people need to see black people enjoying themselves, black people making each other laugh, black people making the world laugh.
Speaker 1: We got more with Damon Wayns Junior when we come back, don't move.
Speaker 2: It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Good morning morning everybody. We are the Breakfast Club. Long the Rosa filling in for Jess. We're still kicking it with Damon Wayne's junior.
Speaker 5: Lauren, how much of.
Speaker 6: This show is just improv off the script because I know it's based on like you guys are really about to move next door to each other or something at one point.
Speaker 14: Yeah, yeah, it's a lot of it prov you know, but we we have a script, but we definitely do whatever we want because you know, it's my dad show and he'll just let people play and so we having fun. You know. I'm I like I like to improvise, but you know there's certain characters that like to just do the script, and they're fine doing the script, but everybody's having fun.
Speaker 2: Are you good at taking notes? Both? Are you and your dad good at taking notes?
Speaker 18: Me?
Speaker 14: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I'll take notes. I mean I take I like constructive criticism. I mean my dad that's how he raised me. You know, this dude is the most brutal critic of all time. I did years ago, I did def comedy jam and I got standing ovation. Like I was nervous as hell, I got standing ovation. I do really well. I get off stage. He comes up to me, he goes anything it did son, and I go, uh, I don't know, like eight nine, he's like seven and a half. And he just walks off, no context, no nothing, no notes, no notes, just out do better.
Speaker 1: You feel with your dad doing stand up and you know you would talk about you guys that stand up and of course he talks about.
Speaker 2: You, you know, masturbating your house at that time, that question you lit up. Yeah, boys got louder.
Speaker 14: So how was that you as a kid when your dad used to tell them stories That one specifically was embarrassing because I remember one time I was about to hook up with this girl and she was like, wait a minute, are you the guy that does the thing with spaghetti? And I was just like what And then she plays me a clip of the freaking video of him just you know, talking about me going spaghetti again. I'll be right back, and you know, I didn't get any that day, So yeah, that messed me up.
Speaker 2: Did you not get any? Because she wanted you to do the spaghetti trick right then and.
Speaker 14: There and he was like, no, I'm like, you can do this spaghetti trick.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 14: No, she just she just wanted to laugh at She just laughed. It was very embarrassing.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Do you think you have an appreciation for history being that you're surrounded by it?
Speaker 2: I mean, you're making your own right, but you're always I mean your whole life.
Speaker 1: I'm sure Eddie Murphy or Senior Hall, Robert Townland, pe who were just there, like so you have a his appreciate sport.
Speaker 4: Because the people with me, I couldn't shut this up. I'd be asking a million questions.
Speaker 14: Yeah, my dad kind of instilled in me not bothering famously, Like I see them and I give them a respect, but I'm also like, you know, you do your thing. I don't want to ask you the question that I know thousands of people ask you, Like I see Eddie and I just like I'm in awe. But I'm also not going to like show him that I'm in all. You know, So I don't really I don't like bothering famous people. But we did used to have a lot of fun.
Speaker 19: You know.
Speaker 14: My dad said that, you know when when I was a kid, that Eddie used to invite him and his family on their little yacht parties. And my dad would have to go on there with his you know, his wife and and me as a kid. I was like two years old, maybe three, and and Eddie would be sitting there like, man, this is this is a nice man like looking at my family like see this is what I want. I want this, and like he'd leave and my dad would just be on the boat by himself with his family, and there'd be like a bunch of girls there and stuff like that, a bunch of celebrities, and it was really cool, you know. And I remember one time, well my dad told me this, Emmanuel Lewis, you know Manual Lois.
Speaker 2: Yes, a webster, he was you know, Lewis.
Speaker 14: Yes, so he was on the boat right one time and uh and he was like dress fly, he had a suit on, had a watch and a little dude watch a little dude. And I as a baby, was confused because.
Speaker 2: I'm like, you thought he was a big baby. I thought he was a big baby.
Speaker 14: I'm like, why he how you knowing them big words? Why? How you? Who gave you a watch? You know, I'm like following him around the whole the whole yacht, trying to, you know, see what's up with him? You know, just like I am on the boat. Who gave me them shoes? You know?
Speaker 1: Well your dip bratmer I was too No, he just told me, told me.
Speaker 2: I was walking around following him everywhere.
Speaker 14: He was like come on man, he was like trying to shoot me away.
Speaker 2: Man, it's naptime.
Speaker 6: So what is the you guys always keep Essence Atkins books. I know she's in Papa's house, she plays doctor Ivy Green. What's the chemistry with her in the Wayne's family? Like, can you talk a bit about that? And a decision to bring her on this show?
Speaker 14: Right? Well, first of all, Essence Adkins keeps herself booked like that woman is a phenomenal comedic actress. Phenomenal actress period. But she's also like really funny. And initially my dad didn't want her to be on the show because Uncle MoMA was.
Speaker 2: Like, yo, you gotta put it home. You know, she's really funny.
Speaker 14: I don't know what you're doing, you know, and my dad was like kind of you know, like no, he was she was on your show. I don't want to have that on my show, like leave it alone. And then finally he you know, he was like, come in and read, and she went in and like from the moment she walked in the door, she was killing us, like just so funny. Before she even said a word of the audition, she came in, killed it, killed it, left, and she was the first person up to so everybody yet like you just sucked all the energy out the room and there was just like no one was gonna do or top that. So, you know, so Essence keeps herself look like she's just phenomenal.
Speaker 1: Now you also see the change of comedy, right because you've seen everything your family has right from blank Man to Living Color, you think comedy can go back there without people getting insulted about getting offended, taking things personal.
Speaker 14: I mean, I don't think so. I mean, I feel like, y'all do blank Man to this show kind of man, but there's blank Man offensive though. I feel like I feel like blank Man was like pretty chill.
Speaker 2: I don't remember.
Speaker 4: I have to go back and watch it again because what because what we didn't think was offensive?
Speaker 2: Now when you back, like, oh yeah, that would you know? I missed those shows.
Speaker 1: I missed colored shows and those shows that pushed the line and pushed that.
Speaker 14: You know, I blame Judd appetite.
Speaker 2: I'm always down to blame the white man something.
Speaker 14: So, I mean, this is a conspiracy theory, but I don't think he did an intentional But I feel like it started with super Bad, Like super Bad came out, classic, super funny, and then I feel like after that it was just no more black stuff, no more black movies. Like it was just like, you know, they were like we got off from here, and then they did all their you know that it was like Jewish comedies like starring Jewish people, Jewish young guys, which were really funny. Like I love forty year old Version, I love Bridesmaids, I love super Bad, But I feel like it like just went that way and then there was no more black comedies, Like they don't make them anymore. Have you noticed that.
Speaker 4: I wonder if it's because because I think about what you're saying all the time, because I love the tone of all those movies you I even put Get them to the Greek Night. I wonder if it's because they're willing to take more risks, Like there's a lot of things that they do in their comedy that I feel like some Black people wouldn't necessarily I disagree.
Speaker 14: I say, I'm saying the opportunities out there. I'm sure you know there's like a bunch of black comedies being written. They're just not being shot, They're not being given to black comedi But I.
Speaker 6: Think he's asking, would like some of our big name black comedians, would they take those roles that are going to push those boundaries because it could offend boundaries. I mean, people are offended by everything nowadays, So it depends on who you're talking about.
Speaker 5: What you're talking about.
Speaker 4: Well, it's a lot like back in the day when you look at the living color and all of that stuff like that, they weren't afraid to pretend to be gay.
Speaker 2: They weren't afraid.
Speaker 14: They were addresses.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm not saying you gotta wait, jet, but they weren't afraid to push the limits. Right, There's things that I feel like the black people wouldn't do.
Speaker 14: Now you just get critiques for everything, but I think if it's funny enough, they'll let you do it. Like we let Robert Downel Junior get away with black face because it was funny, right, And but I don't think he could do that now. I don't feel like. I don't feel like anything is I don't even know super bad get away with being super bad? Now maybe super bad, but like forty year old version, I'm not sure, right, like these not even nerds, not even nerds, which is crazy nerds ray though now I haven't, I haven't, I haven't go back and way, not.
Speaker 4: Even just comedy though I think about back in the day, like why would cute in high school?
Speaker 2: Nurse and juice't even give us the next name? No reason? Why was this nurse?
Speaker 14: I bet you, I bet you there was like a storyline that they just didn't have time to explore. They probably have to cut it, you know.
Speaker 1: We got mored with Damon Wayne's junior when we come back, don't move.
Speaker 2: It's the Breakfast Club, Good Morning, the Morning.
Speaker 1: Everybody is dj MV Jess, Hilaris chelaman God, we are the Breakfast Club. Long and Rosa feeling in for Jess and we're still kicking it with Damon. Wayne's junior Lauren.
Speaker 5: Are you guys gonna like cause I don't. I feel like too.
Speaker 6: It's a lot of it, Like the networks know that people will be offended, so they try to stay away even if they want to try it right. But in Papa's house, like you guys have Essence Atkins, who's kind of coming in and your dad is like the old school person who he's like aware of the boundaries, but it doesn't really care. And she's like, you're gonna have to care. Are y'all gonna kind of play around with that a little bit more and take those risks? Or is the network like we can be cute with it, but like, no, cause your dad be willing to go all the way there.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 14: Oh he goes there all the time. You need get in trouble on your on your show. Years ago, I watched that last night.
Speaker 2: Resurfacing things for no reason.
Speaker 14: Well, they put my picture during that whole contray.
Speaker 4: I remember everywhere I was, I was like, he didn't say it.
Speaker 2: Guess what?
Speaker 3: Father?
Speaker 2: That was crazy?
Speaker 6: What'n you're gonna put those boundaries on the show.
Speaker 2: Yes, we are.
Speaker 14: We we have and I think that you know, once the suits the CBS saw that we know what we're doing, they kind of like, let us play, you know what I mean like and you'll see each episode gets funnier and funnier and funnier, and you know, and the characters are get more and more well rounded. We deal with like real issues too, which is kind of weird to have like serious scenes and stuff like that, but we do that too, which just makes the comedy funnier. And I love what we're doing right now. Man, It's it's very unique, especially on CBS. Like we're definitely making CBS uncomfortable with the choices we're making, which I think is great because we're pushing an envelope. It's like we got we we're competing against streaming. Now we're compeding against network shows that go for it. So it's like there's no time to really just play it safe.
Speaker 2: Are you ever afraid to work with your pops?
Speaker 4: Because you know that he just like sabotage his SNL situation and just walked purposely did things to get fired.
Speaker 2: Do you ever think that he might do that again? I don't.
Speaker 14: I think he's more patient now. I think he just wants to make a good show and spend time with his family doing it. Like I feel like this is like what he likes doing, and so I don't think he's going to jeopardize that. Yeah, I mean that, you know, maybe ten years ago maybe, but like now, I feel like he's just like chill and just having fun. Like we just be laughing the whole day. It's just I love it.
Speaker 4: And when you know, you talk about, you know, Sean writing on the show and you aunt Kim being a showrunner.
Speaker 2: Do y'all even look outside of the family now?
Speaker 14: We have a lot of people that are from our outside of the family too, Like there's like twelve thirteen writers on the show.
Speaker 5: You said they know you guys though, right, Like.
Speaker 14: Yeah, we all know their family friends, like the showrunner. We he the showrunner wrote Major Pain with my dad. He wrote on My Wife and Kids with my dad.
Speaker 5: So the strangers get a chance.
Speaker 14: Strangers get a chance to We got some strangers in there, so crazy, We got some strangers in the right man, y'all are doing it the way black people should do it. I agree, and I think that, you know, and we're not bringing in stragglers, like we're bringing people that contribute to the project. They're not just being like they're not just there because their name is Wayne's. They're actually like contributing and being really good Keenan juniors in the writer's room, which is he's so damn funny, my brother Michael the writer's room. It's just it's just great.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 14: This is the closest thing I've come to being on a show that I have control of. Like I always kind of envy my family because like the first generation, because they got to come in as themselves, Like this is who we are within living color, Like this is who we are, take it or leave it. This is funny to us. Like I've been an actor for hire my entire career, so I've been funny in spots. But you can only be as funny as they allow you to be. And so I love that this is kind of like the next best thing. You know, it's still my dad's baby, but I get to contribute a lot, and he's very collaborative.
Speaker 4: So yeah, when did you feel like you started to make your own name for yourself and when people started saying, Oh, that's that's not dami Wayne's son, that's actually dami Wayne's uni.
Speaker 14: I feel like when I had the Happy Ending show and then I booked the New ro show at the same time, right, and so there was like a whole uproar about that, and I thought that was pretty cool because Happy Endings was my first the first show I ever auditioned for, and then New gro was the second show I ever auditioned for, so right, I felt like I was like, Oh, I got there's something and uh. And then after that, I just felt like I can do my own thing.
Speaker 2: Are you going to be part of the toy that they're doing but doing a tour?
Speaker 5: They're not about the comedy tour.
Speaker 14: No, don't be telling me nothing. I'm second generation.
Speaker 5: They barely told us.
Speaker 6: We just thought I saw that clip.
Speaker 14: I think I saw that clip.
Speaker 5: You are so welcomposed.
Speaker 14: I know what I was gonna say is I think it's something else. I don't think it's a tour. I think it's I can't say, but what I think it is. But if it is what I think it is, is gonna be fire.
Speaker 5: We know that.
Speaker 4: But like Mortalized the Wings, I think, like the Wings need a thirty for thirties, like you know what I'm saying, Like.
Speaker 2: That'll be dope, Like but do they do that for I never?
Speaker 14: Yah, Yeah, I mean it'll be dope, but no, it's gonna be it's a it's either like it's like something on TV or film.
Speaker 2: I think what's it called.
Speaker 14: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I can't say too much.
Speaker 5: As soon as it drop, he's gonna be the hohost and we're gonna be like he was.
Speaker 14: In here, like but I gave more than he did.
Speaker 2: But this is your time to shine. Matter what they did you last time, it wasn't even here. They put your picture on things. You're strong man right now.
Speaker 14: No, I can't say because I don't I don't know if it's true. Because if I say something is wrong true and I'm gonna look like idiot.
Speaker 2: I get it.
Speaker 14: So they they don't even tell me that much. I hear like whispers my family just gossiping, ass family man.
Speaker 2: Well, salutor, you've continuing to carry the torch the right way.
Speaker 14: Thanking mand in salute to y'all man, because like I came here, I forgot how money? How many years ago?
Speaker 2: At least over a decade?
Speaker 14: Yeah yeah, and then to see what you guys became, it's just phenomenal.
Speaker 2: Appreciate you brother.
Speaker 1: Poppa's House Monday's eight thirty on CBS, make sure you check it out. You can stream it on Paramount Plus as well. And we appreciate you for join us, brother, Thank you man.
Speaker 2: Damon Winns Junior. It's the Breakfast Club, Good morning.
Speaker 1: Morning, Everybody's DJ Envy just Hilarry, Charlamagne, the gud. We are the Breakfast Club. Let's get to Jess with the mess with Lona rosa few years is real weapons, just Robin Moore just don't do no lines, don't do.
Speaker 2: Cop them world why worldwide?
Speaker 12: Mess on the breakfast clubs, the coaching sessions with Lauren Lauren Loro.
Speaker 2: And I got the mess talked to me.
Speaker 6: So Eminem, who has been a longtime supporter of the VP Kamala Harris, introduced Obama last night at a rally in support of the Harris Walls campaign in Michigan.
Speaker 5: Let's take a listen to Eminem Detroit.
Speaker 18: What up though, So look, as most of you know, the city of Detroit in the whole state of Michigan mean a lot to me, and going into this election, the spotlight is on us more than ever, and I think it's important.
Speaker 14: To use your voice.
Speaker 2: So I'm encouraging everybody to get out and vote please.
Speaker 18: I also think that people shouldn't be afraid to express their opinions. And I don't think anyone wants in America where people are worried about retribution of what people will do if you make your opinion known. I think Vice President Harris supports a future for this country where these freedoms and many others will be protected and upheld.
Speaker 6: And so then after this, Obama comes on and Obama does his part of doing his speech, so I take a listen to how he opens his speech.
Speaker 3: You know, I have done a lot of allies, so I don't usually get nervous, but I was feeling some kind of way following yell.
Speaker 21: And now.
Speaker 2: Now I notice my palms are sweating.
Speaker 1: This week arms ahead, bahmah.
Speaker 2: Blah, my swell a rudder. Mom's forgetni. I'm nervous, but I'm a surface summer calm and runner for drop bombs, but I keep bumb forgetting.
Speaker 5: Baby. Obama walked away from that stage like a pastor in church on a Sunday.
Speaker 4: Okay, so you don't need to go ahead and do stand up. That's what his true calling, that's what he really want to do.
Speaker 5: He's very charming what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: He didn't take timing, he didn't been president of the United States of America. Now he just wants to move the crowd. He wants to command crowds.
Speaker 6: Do you feel like that, because I mean, of course it's Obama's You're going to listen and during his speech, I listened to the full speech. Joining the speech he talks about just a lot like the auto industry, making everything he was doing was trying to make, you know, Kim, Tim Walls and Kamala relatable to the everyday person in Michigan. And you know they're going to fight for every day people there. But do you guys feel like because Michigan is very important right now and it's very close.
Speaker 2: There're spending a lot of time in Michigan, I.
Speaker 5: Feel like this this broke through, like this is doing what it needs to do.
Speaker 2: I have no idea.
Speaker 4: I'm not from Michigan, but I will say when I was in Detroit last week when I interviewed the Vice president, you know, just talking to a lot of people in Detroit, a lot of brothers, brothers and sisters in Detroit. I love the Troy by the way, dropping the clue b off off de Troit. There's a bunch of beautiful, working class black people.
Speaker 2: They are.
Speaker 4: They were very upset over Donald Trump. Trump's comments about Detroit when he said that if the vice president becomes president, America will be like Detroit.
Speaker 2: They were very upset about that. Yeah, that that definitely energized them.
Speaker 5: Obama gave Trump a lot of shots throughout and he.
Speaker 1: Talked about building back up Detroit when you know, they shut a lot of the call plans down and he was making can show that he went there to make sure those call plans will open back up and that people had jobs. So, yeah, he talked about what he did for when he was president for Detroit.
Speaker 2: One of the President Obama's most effective messages.
Speaker 4: That keeps getting lost, you know, because of all of the comments about black men not supporting the VP because she's a woman. But also he said I think it was in one of those speeches in Pennsylvania he said, we're not going to prevent every bad thing from happening in this country, whoever we elect president.
Speaker 2: That's not how things work.
Speaker 4: The question is that we have somebody there who sees us, who cares about us, who will work on our behalf and can make things a little bit better. And he spoke about how he couldn't get everything done that he wanted to do as president, right, and he was like, Yo, we're not going to eliminate poverty, We're not going to you know, eliminate racism, but you know, we can just make things a little bit better.
Speaker 2: I just think that's our honest message to speak.
Speaker 6: That's real because people the first thing people say is black people love Obama, But what did he do for us or what did he y'all don't know the things he didn't do for us.
Speaker 5: And it's like he couldn't do everything exactly.
Speaker 6: But I think people want to focus on what didn't happen and what they felt like should have happened. When it's like he can't do everything. When you go to work every day, you gotta people follows.
Speaker 2: That's people saying. But because he ran on hope and change.
Speaker 4: So when you run on hope and change and make it seem like you're the person that's going to just change the whole condition of America, you set.
Speaker 2: The bar really really really really really really high, and it will let people change.
Speaker 6: He didn't change a lot. But also he didn't have to set that bar really high. It was already set there because he was the first black.
Speaker 5: Like you know what I mean he was. He had that bar put forehead.
Speaker 2: But he also ran on hoping, hop up and some ups.
Speaker 4: You're giving people if you're being a hope dealer and you're offering people change, what's this?
Speaker 2: No invY don know you've seen his arms, you Logan.
Speaker 4: That's the man in the house, that Big Logan travel the clues bomb for Big Logan.
Speaker 2: Those of you guys, you do know because the shout a little Logan, little daddy daddy and big flow all.
Speaker 5: Right, diddy, shout daddy, all right, shout out to.
Speaker 2: You have a Logan come up here and push you around. You need to push you around. You don't want need to work, I don't need What.
Speaker 5: Is Logan's next break?
Speaker 3: You?
Speaker 2: You don't get a break?
Speaker 5: Oh well, I mean anytime he wants to come. I think, you know, I'd be here.
Speaker 2: To see what that was disgusting put her in handcuffs.
Speaker 6: No one else thought that but you. But anyway, speaking of Diddy, bus the Rhymes was speaking to Extra. He was out at the New York premiere for Venom the Last Dance, and Extra had ask him a few questions. He was talking about his health, his relationships with some different people in the industry, and people he works with, but then they also talked to him about Diddy, and here's what he had to say.
Speaker 17: I also would like for everyone to be mindful of the thirst and the urgency and the need to speak on the situation. I think a lot of times people don't realize how insensitive it could be to have opinions on things that you have no understanding of outside of what you're being told. I think that we confuse ourselves prematurely past judgment, and we're not realizing how much we can directly and indirectly affect everyone involved with our unwarranted opinions. So with that being said, I'm gonna reserve my opinions and I'm gonna wish the best for everyone involved. Everybody probably need to mind nate damn business until the truth is undisputed.
Speaker 5: That's a great way of thinking, but that's not what is happening or are going to happen.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I.
Speaker 4: Listened to that whole clip and I thought Buster said it was true. I thought it was very thoughtful, but bust it just forgot one thing. But he's speaking from the perspective of somebody who doesn't have a podcast, who doesn't have a radio show, who doesn't have a YouTube page, who doesn't have a social media You gotta get these takes.
Speaker 5: Off a social media a social media.
Speaker 2: Social media people like comments.
Speaker 1: You gotta get people, gotta get jokes on, people, gotta get.
Speaker 2: These jokes off. What the content for the day? Buss what else?
Speaker 1: He's absolutely positively right, But at the end of the day, people want to get those jokes off.
Speaker 6: Y'all talking about getting this content off Quincy So yesterday Quincy in the family Quincy is a Diddy's son along with all his other brothers and sisters. Really sustatement saying, you know, like we're going to stand behind our father and just kind of relax a bit. Like there's been a frenzy on social media and it's unfair. So now Quincy is dropping a new show. The show is called Just a Vlog, So it'll be a series of online blogs and it'll drop premieres on October twenty seven. Now, this will show behind the scenes of the Combs family, so it'll show their life through their lens from family Vacations, family Highs, Family lows.
Speaker 5: People were quick to point out that Diddy was in the promo.
Speaker 2: For the Family Vacation part YEP.
Speaker 5: I seen that, Yes, was in the promo.
Speaker 6: Now when I saw this, I'm like, I mean, I understand right now everyone's looking at them and trying to create their own story about Diddy and his family.
Speaker 5: I don't know if I would want to do anything that.
Speaker 6: Could people could pick apart even more and just add to like the craziness that's already online if I was Quincy and the rest of his family.
Speaker 5: But it's choice. But I just don't know if I would have done that.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm not sure.
Speaker 1: I would hope that it would go past the lawyers first to see if there's anything that would be incriminating. But also I think it right now, I think everybody looks at that. Everybody is a monster. And I think it makes it more look more human, just to see what they're dealing with.
Speaker 5: That say, what they're trying to do. I just hope none of it backfires in any way, you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: You know what everybody else doing quickly, like y'all getting all these likes, all these views, all these retweets.
Speaker 2: All these posts off my family. Let me now is the perfect time to drop me.
Speaker 5: You better not doing it.
Speaker 2: It's twenty four, y'all. Yeah, y'all making sense.
Speaker 5: But no, I feel I mean, yeah, you're right, you're right, and I'm gonna tune in.
Speaker 1: I will exactly, and you're gonna a comment, and you're gonna talk about it. You know, we are going to talk about it.
Speaker 5: I'f I'm interested, you will be interested.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna be interesting because it's out there. I'm gonna listen to people talking about it. If it ain't interesting, i'd.
Speaker 5: Be acting so cool.
Speaker 6: Y'all gonna talk about it because we have to. It's our jobs. But also it'll be major because of everything that's happening. Quincy is very smart about that.
Speaker 4: But it still has to be interesting, is what I'm saying. He'll put it out and there'll be eyeballs on it. But if it has to be interesting, it might not be nothing interesting on it.
Speaker 2: I think it will be.
Speaker 6: We'll you know, we'll have to wait till twenty seventh to see and we'll be back with that when that happens.
Speaker 1: All right, Well that was just with the mess with Lola Rosa. Now, Charlamagne, who are you giving your dunk?
Speaker 4: C For after the hour, there is a statue of limitations on being a swifty your big ass grown ass people will discuss.
Speaker 5: They're gonna be upset about that.
Speaker 2: Well good, that's what I like.
Speaker 5: Friendship bracelets the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: From you're checking out the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 21: America.
Speaker 5: I really havens Trump.
Speaker 14: It's time, don't guilty.
Speaker 9: We in the.
Speaker 1: Not setting.
Speaker 2: The craziest people in America come from the Bronx and all the pool.
Speaker 3: Why does the Sunshine State consistently produce such strange news?
Speaker 1: I've catched all that trust a whizzard legend.
Speaker 4: It is just one of the many wacky news story out of Florida on the Breakfast Club. Oh man, listen, there's a statue of limitations on being a swift y'all donkey of today for Wednesday October twenty third goes to Ivan Marriotti. He is forty four years old of Keebi Skene, Florida. What does your uncle Shall always tell you about the great state of Florida, Say it with me. The craziest people in America come from the Bronx and all of Florida, and today is no exception.
Speaker 12: See.
Speaker 4: Ivan was identified by police as an uber driver. Okay, he identifies as an uber driver because he actually is. Well, he's a driver and he was hired by an auntie to drive two women around. I'm assuming since these two women are saying their aren't hired him, they must be the nieces. But he was hired to drive them to a concert with his big grown ass man at his big grown ass age, must have gotten excited about this concert. He was driving these two young ladies too, so he devised the plan, a scheme to get all up in the mix.
Speaker 2: Let's go to ABC Local ten for the report police.
Speaker 5: Only in Florida.
Speaker 7: Do we have a story like this where a guy has a badge and the cops say, wait a minute, something's wrong here, and they ask him for a ticket. He says, I don't have a ticket. We'll have all the details now and you'll find out why he landed in the slammer. It was the place to be over the weekend, the Taylor Swift show at hard Rock Stadium, but it wasn't an enchanted evening for this guy, Ivan Marriotti. Apparently he got into the show, but he can't shake off the charges.
Speaker 2: He's got an immigration hole.
Speaker 13: This is a all SA personating an officer interference with the supports entertainment event.
Speaker 7: Cops say he was impersonating an officer. According to the arrest form, a Miami Dade officer swiftly spotted the guy with a badge. The defendant stated that he was hired by four women to work as a security guard and he escorted said women onto their property. Mister Marriotti was asked if he had a ticket to the event, to which.
Speaker 2: He replied no.
Speaker 7: He further advised that he's working security and that is how he was able to get.
Speaker 4: In impersonating a police officer. The see Taylor Swift, Ivan, you too big to be a swiftee. He's forty four years old. The only person over the age of twenty five who should be a swifty as Travis Kelce that's just my opinion.
Speaker 2: You don't like it, fight me, Okay, we used to be a country, all right. People.
Speaker 4: Every day I get on this radio and I tell you stories about individuals who take penitentiary chances for a lot of different reasons.
Speaker 2: Most of the time they revolve around money. Okay.
Speaker 4: Folks are always down to do something strange for a little bit of change, whether it's robin stealing, drug dealing. They gonna get that money by any means, and they not tripping off the consequences. But I have never, ever, ever, ever thought that I would see somebody be willing to go to jail to see Taylor Swift, especially a forty four year old grown as human. You impersonated a police officer at forty four years old. Now, I read once that almost have forty eight percent of Tailor Swift's fan base was millennials, which are people between the ages of twenty seven and forty two.
Speaker 2: Even if it's that, even if that's true, I've.
Speaker 4: In your forty four Okay, you telling me you like shake it off that much, You telling me cruise summer.
Speaker 2: You belong with me.
Speaker 4: It's worth standing in front of a judge for no Ivan, No and you know what gets me, You know what really gets me about people, the fact they don't think they looked suspicious. You thought you could just go into the hard rock stadium where the Dolphins play while the biggest music superstar and the planet was playing, with no ticket, and you thought everything would be okay, okay. Even the people you were driving said they did not know why their driver had a badge, So there was bad blood between you and your.
Speaker 2: Clients from the start.
Speaker 4: You thought you just throwing on a suit and wearing some fake badge over your neck was enough for you to remain incognito in a Tail of Swift concert. Then you had the nerve to be near the floor field area of the Benu Ivan. They knew you was trouble when you walked in. But apparently anti hero is worth catching a charge over.
Speaker 19: Now.
Speaker 4: As of this Monday afternoon, ivan remains in custody with a fifteen hundred dollars bond and an immigration hole. You even from here and you cutting up like this. Look here, you forty four year old senior swifty. I bet you, at this moment you are wishing you could find a way to begin again and turn things around.
Speaker 2: I bet this is the reputation you don't want. But apparently anti hero is worth catching a charge over. I say it's not. But since you clearly, uh you know, clearly love Taylor Swift, I need you to do me a favorite. Ivan.
Speaker 4: If you have any doubt of what the root cause of your issues are, find the nearest mirror in the Turner Gopher Night Correctional Center where you currently reside, look in it and say it's me. Hi, I'm the problem. It's me, because you are indeed the problem. Please give Ivan Marriotti to Sweet Sound, to the hamiltones.
Speaker 2: Oh no, you are the dogee of the day, gee all the day.
Speaker 18: Ye.
Speaker 5: What's the statue? How old?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 5: It's too old to be swifty?
Speaker 2: I think over twenty five flavor?
Speaker 5: Flavor is sixty five.
Speaker 2: Okay, statue limitation has been up on him being a swift.
Speaker 6: He has the friendship bracelets and stuff. Really goes in the concerts, all of them, most, most of them, a lot of them.
Speaker 2: Okay, I guess you're taking your grandkids or something.
Speaker 5: No, he goes, he's there by, just goes to go enjoy the show.
Speaker 2: Got a monitor, got a monitor while he's there? Why you just gotta monitor other people go to Tailor Swift concert, well, got to monitor them all.
Speaker 1: So you don't think older people can like Taylor Swift by the way, you can like his thirty But I'm not catching no charge over Tailor Swift.
Speaker 4: I'm not impersonating a police officer. Okay, then go see no damn Tailor Swift if you want to pay, if you want to pay for your Tailor Swift ticket. No, there's there's all this stuff of worth doing that.
Speaker 5: Like who you just want to say you should?
Speaker 4: I think you could do that for Stevie Wonder. He wander's up there in age, but he's a living He's an icon, an icon living.
Speaker 3: What it.
Speaker 9: What?
Speaker 5: I just want to say. She took over the NFL. Now she's taking over your donkey of today.
Speaker 6: M hmmmh You hated to give her any when I first brought that up, that whole Taylor Swift thing in this room, you hated to give her.
Speaker 4: Let's talk about this, Lauren. I wasn't gonna say anything. I want to bring it up, y'all think I'll be starting.
Speaker 5: I got to bring it up.
Speaker 2: But it wasn't that Lauren.
Speaker 4: Not that Lauren was being a swifty. It was that Lauren had jungle fever. Lauren had white lust in her eyes. Lauren was letting doctor Umar down because.
Speaker 2: He she loved Travis Kelsey.
Speaker 9: She did.
Speaker 4: She was just talking about how Travis Kelsey was white chocolate and she used to love her screensable with Travis Kelsey.
Speaker 5: You're gonna lie switched it. No, that's not true.
Speaker 2: She's been up here a few months. Thinks she gonna running the doctor Humar at any minute. No, over there in the corner, she at him. She switched it up. Who was the other white gentleman that came in? She was Cadler Plant.
Speaker 5: I'm away until you'll the white box got done.
Speaker 4: White man would have been a Lawrence kryptonite you and I am totally against that.
Speaker 1: All two of y'all, y'all done man would have been just la I just wanted to make the point that undred five eight five one on five.
Speaker 5: Coming on over, baby, are you a black woman that are.
Speaker 2: Into white man as well?
Speaker 1: Call himself right now? He discussed eight hundred you a black woman that matter?
Speaker 5: Taking calls about sleeveless shirts, You gonna be mad at them?
Speaker 4: I d Dominican who just likes to get a little freaking Dominicans who thinks there's nothing wrong with being a little freaking.
Speaker 5: You want to be a Swiftly so bad and.
Speaker 1: The rock over here, because the rock should have got be a pet.
Speaker 4: Out the jokes she said over there, I was trying to give you one first of all the jokers that she calls you the rock.
Speaker 2: We all know you're not the rock, baby, that's the jokes. We know you're not more a shs nut. That's a lot that literally just ain't trying to get in now.
Speaker 6: I wouldn't be upset if you decided to go and test out the water at a Swifty concert and see how it is.
Speaker 5: It seems like you're interested. What I'm saying, I got to do what you like in a white man interested?
Speaker 2: Right sho? All the white guys do I have? That's what she's into. And she wanted to be an interracial relationship.
Speaker 5: All right, guys, all right, I don't want nothing.
Speaker 2: Let's let's start this over.
Speaker 12: I sitting you to five hundred lashes for conduct unbecoming a black guy.
Speaker 1: Not enough in the phone lines lit up when I said, if they are black women, that in the white woman. But we're not gonna do that, white woman, white man. The pigures are getting slim flo. Okay, maybe her blessing, maybe her blessing.
Speaker 5: My blessing would never get a dry send.
Speaker 2: For maybe you're not my Maybe your blessing is in the Caucaus Mountains. I don't know. Let's stop that. Eight hundred five eight five one on five one.
Speaker 1: Over the weekend when we were at g Ho which is North Carolina, A and T's homecoming, I.
Speaker 2: Know ain't a white man was there? No, definitely not. There was some.
Speaker 1: Gentlemen there that seen Lona Rosa and one of our producers up here sim Simma and called them Auntie.
Speaker 5: No, called sim and auntie me.
Speaker 2: Let it be very clear.
Speaker 5: I have not crossed over to auntie ladies of my niece, but I am not an auntie.
Speaker 1: When did you realize that you were an auntie or an unk? Eight hundred five eight five one oh five story.
Speaker 4: Is so funny because the dude tripped and fell into her poopal and that's when he was like yo. He was like yo, I'm sorry, yunty. But she's not here today, so she can't.
Speaker 1: Even talk about when did you realize you were an Auntie or an unc Lauren realized that this weekend, So we're asking eight hundred five eight five one oh five one.
Speaker 2: Let's discuss it.
Speaker 5: Realize nothing.
Speaker 2: You wasn't with him.
Speaker 5: I was there, but it had nothing to do with me.
Speaker 2: Let's discuss. It's the breakfast club. Good morning, the breakfast club. It's topic time.
Speaker 17: Call eight hundred five eight five one oh five one to join into the discussion with the breakfast club.
Speaker 1: Warning everybody, it's DJ n V Jess hilarious, charlamage the guy. We are the breakfast club. Law on the Rosa filling in for just now. We're asking eight hundred and five five one oh five one. Over the weekend, we were at North Carolina A and T home comings out slew to all the HBCUs.
Speaker 2: We were at g Hope and while we were there, one of our producers, Sim and Lauren they went together.
Speaker 1: They were walking down the street waiting for their uber and a gentleman stopped him and was like, hey, Auntie, did you ride and.
Speaker 2: Yeah, didn't the guy run into Sim? Didn't the guy accidentally run it?
Speaker 6: So we were headed to the bathroom and there was a ton of because we were on campus at the tailgate, so it's people everywhere, just running crazy and we were head a bathroom and on I think he did like bump or.
Speaker 5: Something like that.
Speaker 6: He was like, oh my bad auntie and like, you know, just trying to be polite, and sim was like what and the guy that because there was somebody escorting us to the bathroom the shows where it was.
Speaker 5: At, and he was like, no, no, no, I don't think he meant it like that.
Speaker 2: I think, you know, it's just like nosed, like you know, no, but like mind is only what twenty hold.
Speaker 5: Being called prematurely. It's very traumatizing.
Speaker 2: How did you feel?
Speaker 5: I wasn't called auntie, but in the.
Speaker 4: Moment I give them, you give full auntie though, oh my god, drunk rich hunt I mean, just dressed to the night, drinking, hands, dumbling and it's crazy.
Speaker 2: No no, it's not.
Speaker 6: No, it's not don't throw that on me, okay, but no I did. I was not called auntie, but in the moment I did feel like, man, we need to go home.
Speaker 5: We in the wrong part of g HO. They call him this auntie or her a glasses on.
Speaker 2: Them, big ass thick ass glasses. Definitely get grandma.
Speaker 1: She can't see you without you can't see glass.
Speaker 2: You can't see glass.
Speaker 5: What is she supposed to do?
Speaker 2: Them glasses? Definitely give y'all Remember.
Speaker 6: When y'all were first ever called uncle O G? Because it really hit my heart and I didn't even get caught and I'm like, wait, we're not there yet.
Speaker 4: I I like calling myself funk. I might have called myself that before anybody called me unk?
Speaker 2: Why because I'm an unc forty six before?
Speaker 5: But like when, like the first time of you, that's a good question.
Speaker 6: That's that's my point is I never saw someone cross over into auntie world in real time.
Speaker 2: I thought forty enough.
Speaker 4: Forty enough to me is when you on auntie status, if you if you're carrying yourself like that, you should you should start carrying yourself like that.
Speaker 2: After forty A lot of these.
Speaker 4: People are still out here, immature, still sagging their pants, looking ridiculous, you know what I'm saying. But if you carrying yourself like an unk or Auntie after fortying up to me, what about you?
Speaker 18: O G?
Speaker 1: Now you know it's funny. A lot of the DJs, when I DJ with them, they O G. Can I get Can I get you something? Your OGD you got to take a picture. It feels a little weird, does it feels the weird because when it comes to music, I still feel like I'm competing OG.
Speaker 2: Can I get you something? Yeah, I'm my cholesterol message.
Speaker 5: Got that's that.
Speaker 4: I'm taking that and I take that once today baby, forty forty forty whatever?
Speaker 5: It did? It hit you so the first time, though, were you're like, whoa relaxed?
Speaker 2: Yes, yep.
Speaker 5: It definitely is caught in an Auntie crossfire. And I felt away like.
Speaker 2: It don't bother me at all because there's been called og all the time, but there yet.
Speaker 1: There's only one alternative to not being called to, not being called o G and not being called.
Speaker 2: Auntie, and that's death. So give it. I want it all. I'm just telling you'll want. I want to live to be one hundred and one. I want to be here. But your kids will make you feel honest. My kids call me old, like my kids like, what's wrong with being old?
Speaker 19: Not?
Speaker 2: But I did that to my dad too, so it is what it is.
Speaker 1: But that's why when I played sports with them and whatever in the house, I compete with them extra hard to let.
Speaker 4: Him know what it is they're gonna beat you asked, listen a lot of Auntie though she just does some glasses.
Speaker 2: Man, let's go and y'all did that one.
Speaker 4: Y'all did this one video where y'all was dancing in front of the camera. I said, look at him too, ought the same thing. I didn't know somebody calls on you. Y'all just looked like two people.
Speaker 5: I was a party when we was with the hard bottom Limit pepper Steppers.
Speaker 2: That we were. I don't know why I told you a party with me.
Speaker 5: You weren't there that night.
Speaker 2: Hello for y'all at the alumni party looking like alumni the founder. Hello, Hey, I'm here, Good morning.
Speaker 10: Good morning. How y'all feeling today?
Speaker 1: When did you realize when you were Auntie? What was the first time they called you Auntie?
Speaker 2: Mama?
Speaker 10: Man, it was my daughter. Every every time be with my daughter, Like I went to go to put like Pop Plump Girls up on Hulu for her and I made the mistake of giving her an option. I like, oh, do you want to watch the Pownpluff Girls?
Speaker 20: And Mammy used to watch you.
Speaker 10: You want to watch the new Powapuff Girls? Man, This jessl parenting.
Speaker 13: Isn't good like.
Speaker 10: She looked me in my face and told me stay that Like, No, I ain't want to watch the new power Pluff Girls, not the car Pluff Girls from the eighteen hundred.
Speaker 4: Damna, there's a new Powerpulp Girls.
Speaker 10: Then the Power Up Girls had a read like they came out like new visual, like new episodes and stuff in like twenty fourteen.
Speaker 5: I think I had no idea neither do they look to same different?
Speaker 2: Thank you, oldie, man, You better stop calling you oldie? How old are you? Man? Hold you?
Speaker 1: I hung up already and beat he forty seven. I'm older, I'm oldie. I over good holdly but goody?
Speaker 2: Hello? Who's this oldie? But free Chris from Club Chris? Good morning? When did you realize you.
Speaker 18: Man?
Speaker 3: I was?
Speaker 25: I was about thirty five Cooper went like seventeen eighteen year olds, and my team was winning. We was a whole team of old We won like four games in the row, and then on the last game I went up for the game winner. I told my achilles.
Speaker 3: They looked at me and they.
Speaker 16: Was like, you're good on.
Speaker 2: You're trying to you're trying to dunk.
Speaker 9: No.
Speaker 16: I just went up for the drunker.
Speaker 2: I thought, God damn, how long it took you to hell?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 16: Man, I still ain't back.
Speaker 2: It's been over a yeah, that was my career. Thank you.
Speaker 1: But you know, when you play basketball with kids like I played basketball with with with my daughter's boyfriend Andrews friends.
Speaker 2: When I play with them, they they come on, they back you, and they don't take it light on you.
Speaker 19: They be it's bad having been gay down after that, Yes, one day, Lauren, Now, one thing he did, one thing he been as gay. Okay, so listen, when you're playing ball with them, they busting your asster, they patch you on.
Speaker 2: Now, come on, g.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, I usually pause, usually you've been down.
Speaker 2: Come on, you don't forget it, forget it.
Speaker 5: Hit me over there and all that song white and.
Speaker 4: Forget baby baby, baby, baby baby baby.
Speaker 1: Oh eight hundred five and five. I'm going human resources because you don't.
Speaker 3: Want to be.
Speaker 2: He wanted to go too. We s was timing he been through time, had something. Hands on your knees.
Speaker 5: Okay, I mean you retire, you put on sleeves and do not act to day. It's unbelievable.
Speaker 2: Hands on your knees.
Speaker 1: When did you realize you were old calling up right now it's a breakfast club going.
Speaker 2: I hate this, please, I'm not I hate.
Speaker 5: I hate. You can't count.
Speaker 26: County from the puny glow.
Speaker 2: You won a bitch.
Speaker 26: Be you on the float, be carping. You're like may Will Tuler come through and blow up. Got Mealius out there. They hate him, but they stole the flock deck backy and coming.
Speaker 16: I stole the show, the fun up on it.
Speaker 5: But you a head case.
Speaker 2: All she do is shooting.
Speaker 26: I signed my dealing on the p J hopped out of curashue. Keep on next week by no more features. I might just third shoot keep the next week, got no more.
Speaker 2: Features, I might have purashoe.
Speaker 5: Jagg Low start with looking with some shell tos.
Speaker 2: Jagg Loda slipping rapper.
Speaker 26: You said make it bare, jagg Low, two tone cardie your meshed now, jag Low, no competition, say jagg long curvy, no curbing laugh jeg Low say it ain't.
Speaker 5: Get money, But I can't tell jeg Low keep running circle.
Speaker 26: So Ronnie Snail, jagg Lo, ain't my wont be.
Speaker 2: Enough bus in jail?
Speaker 17: O mighty god, if y'all talking about it, you know we talking about it, it's toughing time.
Speaker 12: Called eight hundred and five eight five one O five one to join into the discussion with the breakfast.
Speaker 1: Glove Morning, everybody in d j Envy, Jesse, Larry, Charlamagne, the gud We are the Breakfast Club. Lauren Old Auntie, Lauren the Rosa, filling in for jests at if you're just joining us, we're asking when did you realize you were an uncle or an auntie? When's the first time somebody said that to you. Let's go to the phone lines. Becky, Yeah, it's Becky, Becky, Becky occasion.
Speaker 10: No, I'm black.
Speaker 2: Okay, When did you realize you were an auntie? When the first time somebody called you an auntie?
Speaker 10: Okay?
Speaker 20: Well, actually it was my best friend Karen, who is also black, her.
Speaker 2: Daughter Becky in Krecky car All right, take Caren.
Speaker 20: I was you know, I thought I was looking young. I terned fifty this year. My students always tell me, oh, you look like you're in your twenties. And then I went to her birthday party, she was turning twenty five, and she said to me as I walked in, hey, Auntie, And it was like endearing and very depressing at the same time because I realized, I can't look twenty six if she's following me auntie and she's only twenty five.
Speaker 6: But though, because that's her mom's best friends, she could.
Speaker 2: Have called you granny.
Speaker 4: If you're getting called auntie because you actually somebody's aunt that's.
Speaker 1: Not a bad that's not bad. And you fifty, so you could have been told granny.
Speaker 2: I know, could be nobody grandma. You could be a Grammy in fifty fifty.
Speaker 20: Yes, I guess it's still you know, I pride myself and looking young.
Speaker 2: And look young.
Speaker 10: It's still it's still hit me a little bit hard.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: It's interesting me when us adults say you trying to look young, like as if fifty is old, Like you know, you look like a seasoned veteran fifty year old.
Speaker 2: By the way, I've said it a million times. All of these older women are killing the young girls.
Speaker 4: Young girls got hand in their arms, they got little oldest y'all smelting on them campuses like like it's like these older women got it put together, like they killing the young girl.
Speaker 2: Talk to you like that.
Speaker 6: He hates like young people. I don't know what's wrong, what's not everybody that's young smell.
Speaker 2: I said, older women killing the young girls.
Speaker 5: I'm talking to you woman, old woman. Hello, I think I'm self classified in the younger girl.
Speaker 2: You're thirty two. Hello, you're ancient to an eighteen year old?
Speaker 1: Oh hello, hello, hello this Now, when did you realize that you were an auntie?
Speaker 2: Or did somebody call you an auntie?
Speaker 6: I was at work one day and these young boys just having a conversation.
Speaker 25: I'm having a debate, and he just threw me in the conversation.
Speaker 5: Like, ask Auntie. You should know, I said. He said, ask Auntie.
Speaker 10: I said, nobody, Auntie.
Speaker 2: How old are you?
Speaker 14: I'm thirty six?
Speaker 21: Yeah, you.
Speaker 25: Say, But I guess my spirit.
Speaker 24: Is it comes up like older things like that's Auntie.
Speaker 5: I'm like the mother of the neighborhood. I was telling my SI fifteen or his boy.
Speaker 13: Or his friends with my kids.
Speaker 2: I get it. Well, thank you Auntie, forget you envy because you up now definitely that man forty seven years old. Listen, my papa got six kid.
Speaker 10: I just want to tell you you get my morning is going.
Speaker 9: I love it.
Speaker 2: I love you, I appreciate it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean woman alone, because I'll come up to your period. Aunty damn, what I pick it up for your doing? That was dooming.
Speaker 4: Lord here right now looking like somebody rich auntie. She got a malone old wind breakups Miloa, Milano, Milano.
Speaker 5: This is what the young kids.
Speaker 2: No, that's old rich auntie status. Okay, no, no, they can't afford it.
Speaker 5: You hear me, the young kids, they can't afford what.
Speaker 2: I scratch your head all day, so you're getting there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I just want to take the time to salute Angela Basket, Neil Long, Kelly Rowland, Patti LaBelle, Stephanie Mills, annihilating who looks.
Speaker 2: Better than them? Exactly exactly.
Speaker 4: The woman is sixty to fifty forty years old, okay, killing these young girls out here to not be afraid the age it is.
Speaker 5: Okay, do you sneakers match your track suit?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: And then when you talk about nineties rom com fine, Oh my goodness, that's because me.
Speaker 5: That's the sneakers matches tracksuit.
Speaker 2: I mean I got white sneakers, Okay, yeah.
Speaker 6: You got just white Okay, white like white and black sneakers. I'm like, that's definitely unk hack to the side. God changed, I'm surprised you ain't got your chest hair.
Speaker 4: Come on, I don't have no chest that I never had it. But this is a legacy of resilience. Tracksuit black on brand, just like yours, is a black on brand.
Speaker 2: That's right. The only person who here wearing white stuff is the Dominican, the white Dominican and actually minus Godspeed, that's a black on brand and.
Speaker 4: Exactly not just not the hoodie. Let me see about my ass. Hand on your knee shaking, you.
Speaker 1: Freaking bro, you freaky The gods Speed, Brothers and queens now all black on brands we have, just with the.
Speaker 6: Mess we do have, just with the mess coming up, we won't get into Northwest. Gave her mom a necklace that was like over twenty K, but I don't understand what it says and why, So we're gonna talk about it.
Speaker 2: We'll get to that.
Speaker 1: Next is the Breakfast Love on the Breakfast Club Morning Everybody, d J M B Chess, Hilary Charlomade Nick.
Speaker 2: I love life, man, I just got just love. What the hell is your love life? I can't, yes, you can, I love life man. You need to be checked.
Speaker 4: You don't think you need to be checked like you need to be dropped life. You'll think you're got a little strange this morning, Lauren.
Speaker 5: You'll think so just a little bit, did you say earlier? People do strange things for a piece of little change.
Speaker 2: Little change, right, both of y'all excuse me. I'll be seen all right, man, Let's get to jest with the mess.
Speaker 5: Real we riens just corrobbing more.
Speaker 2: Just don't do no.
Speaker 3: Lines, don't do.
Speaker 12: Nobody world Why jest world wide? Mess on the breakfast clubs, the coaches, Lauren.
Speaker 24: Lauren, I.
Speaker 5: Got the met talked to me free. So there was a new indictment that came down this time nothing to do with Diddy.
Speaker 6: This is Amber Combie and Fitch's CEO, Mike Jeffries and a few other people, including his partner Matt Smith. So they were so Mike Jeffrews was arrested on federal charges related to sex trafficking in the Eastern District of Eastern District of New York. We just know that their charges are going to be related to sex trafficking, but we don't know the official charges yet. They have not been announced. Now I mentioned his partner, Matthew Smith, his partner in the business Matthew Smith. This was alleged that Matthew Smith was like the middleman in whatever this ring was. So in twenty twenty three, BBC did an investigation that alleged that Jeffries and Smith were a part of this high organized network that involved a middleman who found young men to participate in various different sex events that the BBC report reported that eight men said that they allegedly attended these events and they claim that they were exploited or abused. Now this UK site also reported that the attorneys for Jeffreys and Smith previously denied this back in twenty twenty three and denied any wrongdoing, but this indictment has come down.
Speaker 5: So this was all over the news yesterday. This is something we will definitely be keeping up with.
Speaker 6: And there was a doc sometime back the Ambra Combrie Guys The Dark Side of Cool, but it didn't really get into anything about like the abuse allegations to talk more about the different lawsuits that Amber, Kombie and Fitch faced under Jeffrey's leadership dealing with hiring discrimination, the hiring people dealing with him king discriminate, discriminatory and for hiring yes, wow, don't whisper take your time to me, because I just I just don't trust nothing from that side of the room.
Speaker 2: I hate that I don't know these people in these stories.
Speaker 5: You don't you don't remember the documentary And I.
Speaker 2: Know Abracambie and Fisch, but I don't know that guy.
Speaker 6: The documentary was really big because Ambra, Combri and Fitch at one point in time, like when you worked there, especially if you were guy that worked there, you were like the it was almost like getting signed to like a modeling contract. Like people wanted to work there because they would put you an ad, you would get to go to these cool events.
Speaker 5: It was like it was a thing to be hired by Ambercrombie and Fitch.
Speaker 6: So when this whole documentary jobs, people were like wait, so they were discriminated against the people that they were hiring. They were sitting like they would only hire younger people because they wanted a certain look and like just different things like that. And then in twenty twenty three, when these allegations by this BBC report came out, that was a huge thing because the brain is so big and now you have this indictment that is unfolding.
Speaker 4: But it's just like these stories are sinister, that dark, that disgusting, but they won't ever get the media attention something like a Diddy gets because you know, and they deserve to, but they won't because folks really just want the engagement. And what you realize is folks don't actually care about the crime or allegation. They care about the engagement that the story gets.
Speaker 2: So this will be out today today. It came out yesterday.
Speaker 5: It was all over yesterday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, gone, it won't have no less.
Speaker 5: I think that this will. I mean, it won't be I feel like I didn't hit as big as the Diddy because.
Speaker 2: Because they're not stars and they're not black, that the other thing. Let's say what it is.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, I agree with that, but I mean that's how it goes when you are a person behind a brand and not actual, like the actual celebrity. Like that comes to the celebrity life, comes with the fact that no one that things when they hit with you.
Speaker 5: Will hit her.
Speaker 2: If the media wanted to make that a thing, they could. It definitely could, and then and they should, Yes, it should go.
Speaker 6: Yeah, the documentary was a thing, So I don't remember it. Maybe I was at TMZ at the time. So maybe that's why I remember it because we covered it a lot. But I remember the documentary. I don't remember where it was on, but I remember.
Speaker 3: All.
Speaker 5: Yes, I'm so mad that discriminatory hiring was eating me up like that.
Speaker 4: Just a big word, discriminatory when you're reading, like you know, what I'm saying they can get you is that you're.
Speaker 5: Trying to get me back from.
Speaker 2: What's that word again?
Speaker 5: Ever? Discriminatory hiring. We got it, period. Okay.
Speaker 6: So in brighter news, miss Elliott and Queen Latifa are now among the Medal of Arts recipients. They received this at a White House ceremony yesterday where they were crying. I believe that they are actually this is a first for them and looking that up.
Speaker 2: But oh yeah, that's Auntie there. I saw that. When you do this, you're looking at the computer like this, you squitting your eyes in a little bit.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, that's what you'll be doing. I can see.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I'm like, okay, Auntie, it's okay. Would you do that? It happened?
Speaker 5: You just ate their whole moment up all right. I don't even wear glasses.
Speaker 2: You should. It's it's time, all right, thank you, that's just with the mess with Auntie.
Speaker 5: That's going to be sat in God. No, yes, it's it's time and be what you're looking at me for. If I gotta do stat you gotta take them chains off.
Speaker 2: These represent my children.
Speaker 5: That's so beautiful. Go get a tattoo.
Speaker 1: Tattoo too, time to give it up. And you zip up over there, you he zips out. Hopefully when you get home there be somebody to make sure that you're comfortable. And besides your feet or you don't have no.
Speaker 2: Brother, you don't got his blanket today because it's iron low.
Speaker 6: That's another thing that's gonna ask me that yesterday. If your iron is low, is that why you always have the blanket?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 2: I drink that cold ass Starbucks.
Speaker 4: I tink iron every morning too. By the way I take, I bet you I take from my heart. I take iron, you know, to make sure my blood ain't low. I take my fish oil pills. What else do I take in the morning?
Speaker 2: I can't even remember. Oh jingo blow, I can't remember that, and that's my memory. Now, drink that cold Starbucks. That's why I use it.
Speaker 5: Elliott are the first rapper?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 2: Just breakfast club, Your Morning's will never be the same. Morning.
Speaker 1: Everybody is dj J Just Lari Charlamagne the Guy. We are the Breakfast Club, law La Rosa feeling and for Jess. Now, we got a salute to Marlon Wayns Junior for joining us, Damn Junior for joining us. Yes, indeed saluted Damon Wayns Junior.
Speaker 16: Man.
Speaker 4: Uh, make sure you check out Poppa's House. Poppa's House eight thirty pm every Monday night. That's right, Okay, he's right though. I didn't even think about it. But when he was talking about how it's not that many black sitcoms on TV no more, I.
Speaker 6: Ain't even think about TV like not right, that's what he meant, like networks, Yeah, because I mean I watch abb In Elementary, but I don't.
Speaker 2: I can't think of nothing else that's all not on network television.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, Well, when we come back and we got the positive notice the Breakfast Club, Good morning morning. Everybody is dj N v Ess Larry Charlamagne the Guy. We are the Breakfast Club, law La Rosa filling in for Just. It's time to get up out of here, Charlamane. You got a positive No, dude, time.
Speaker 4: Man, I was out to dinner last night, Man, Sluth to the good sister Bobby Brown. She had us at a master class dinner last night. You know, brought together a great table of people, and you know we was out having a conversation, having great conversation, and you know you'd be at one of them dinnists because you know, I'm a type of person if I go out on a weeknight, I'm only gonna drink like one glass of wine because you know, red wine is actually good for your heart. But you've ever been to one of those dinners, but you're like, what the hell? My glass ain't empty yet. And that's because the waitress keep going around, keep pouring the wine, keep pouring the wine, and keep pouring the wine. So I thought I was gonna be like, oh, like really out of it today, but I wasn't. I'm here, So Sluth, Bobby Brown, appreciate you.
Speaker 2: Mike and Bobby Brown the cosmetic on him, I didn't. Yes, yes, yeah, you're right. I guess we have to say that.
Speaker 4: With Bobby Brown, you said, she and I'm like, yes, Bobby Brown, who owns Jones Road Cosmetics, Luther her husband Steve too man.
Speaker 2: But the positive notice simply.
Speaker 4: This The most powerful thing you can do right now if to be patient while things are unfolding for you.
Speaker 2: It's really that simple.
Speaker 1: Have a blessed day, breakfast club, bitchess you I'm finished or y'all done.