Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this special week trend. Week Trend, I prefer the week trends. Son of a bitch. I'm Jack O'Brien. That is Miles.
Speaker 2: Yeah, formally what.
Speaker 1: We formally introduce ourselves at the beginning of the week because we're eating days. You've probably forgotten.
Speaker 3: We're consistently evoking the Garth Brooks Devil SNL sketch consistently. Now if that's part of the church Colin like, thanks be to God?
Speaker 2: Yeah, like.
Speaker 1: Forever, yes, should we just link off to that in the footnotes of every episode just so people understand who we are.
Speaker 3: Every the first footnote is just going to be a YouTube clip of that, because again, these were our first memes. Was just saying loose lines back to each other.
Speaker 1: That's right. Fourth, how are you doing my? How did you hold up? In the tropical storm Earth?
Speaker 3: We had like we had like a hybrid response where her Majesty, who is from the East Coast and knows something about hurricanes, was preparing for that kind of weather and then me jaded California local guy who's like, I don't know, it's probably think we like rain or something.
Speaker 2: Uh, And she's like, we need more water.
Speaker 3: She's like, get your head out of your ass, like they're saying, this is going to be something that you got to be ready.
Speaker 2: H So yeah it was, but otherwise we did okay.
Speaker 3: I was a little bit disappointed to not feel the earthquake, but I did get that loud ass alert on my phone when it happened. That was maybe more shocking than if I had just abelt the earthquake.
Speaker 1: I got so many loud alerts. I got like a flash flood alerteh at three in the morning last night.
Speaker 2: Yeah, same, yeah, same.
Speaker 3: I guess you got maybe the big one. Yeah, a little baby. I was like so mad at him, like if you disrupt his sleep, I will fucking lose it. But yeah, luckily he was up for the reasons.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 1: I woke my kids up. I was like, this is it, guys, this is the big one. You guys got your life jackets.
Speaker 3: I just like the idea of you make your kids sleep in life jackets.
Speaker 1: Just in case, but you never know, you never know, myles.
Speaker 3: Yes, I mean it was definitely like bad. The flooding was bad in other parts, but I think, yeah, yeah, yeah, it's uh.
Speaker 2: I don't know, like more than anything.
Speaker 3: It was fucking surreal to like be in that new mindset of like, okay, so now we have hurricane Yeah, okay.
Speaker 1: My seven year old was very into it. He like wanted to watch the local news and stuff like that, was asking frequently if we were in the eye of the hurricane or that that was kind of the only thing he knew. Yeah, yeah, I have the hurricane. So and then this morning he was like, I think I think we're still in the eye because it's not raining right now. So anyways, did you do the bathtub full of water?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, but that's only because I love the Road by Cormick McCarthy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and yeah, I just wanted to replace.
Speaker 1: I've never done it before. I did it and and felt uh stupid kind of.
Speaker 3: No, I know, I didn't. I did not fill up. We had an appropriate amount of water. Again, this is where I was like cocky though, I was like, what the fuck, what the fuck a little tropical storm gonna do, you know? And I was like, we're good with like the gallons of water that like we already have, but yeah, I don't know. That's again, this feels like we're in a new We're in a new era. And I eventually there's gonna be one that catches everybody off guard.
Speaker 2: But like, luckily this scene was not somewhat manageable.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's mainly a thing for an excuse for people from the East coast you haven't talked to in a while to check in, know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was great, that was great.
Speaker 3: People Like, first of all, I'm sorry to even email about this right now, but are you okay? Like I've read about what happened, And yeah, again that's like their version where they've actually experienced real hurricanes and then us are hurricane turning into a truck store.
Speaker 1: I just respond with the shark on the four or five meme, the shark on the highway me that fulled ted.
Speaker 2: Cruz this morning loser. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Anyways, we like to kick it off by letting people get to know us a little bit better and telling them something we think is underrated, something we think is overrated. What is something Miles do you think is underrated?
Speaker 2: What is something I think is search history?
Speaker 3: Well, let's think about do that we can those deserts is just like I don't even know what I searched is Probably it's actually a lot to do with our Tuesday episode, which is gonna be great with Chelsea DeVante spoiler alert. What I think is underrated deviled eggs. I don't think deviled eggs are. They're like divisive, it turns out, and I don't think they should be, because I if you like eggs, you should fuck with the deviled egg because to me, they are the height, the absolute apex of egg preparation. And I had them this this weekend recently at a dinner when it was on the menu, and I said, like, you know, we're gonna need two orders because the person I was with was also like a devil egg head, were like, you know what, let's just go let's just go ham on this thing.
Speaker 2: And yeah, I don't know. I just like the people were where they're like, oh my god, I hate that. I can't. I can't.
Speaker 3: I can't, like as if they were meant to eat like Durian fruit or something like that.
Speaker 2: You know what's wrong.
Speaker 1: But I'm wondering, is there an ingredient that like has the you know how cilantro do some people taste like soap? Or is it just the deviled eggs have a variance that has led some people to have bad experiences and they have the iron, iron stomach that you have.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I mean again, that could be.
Speaker 3: I definitely have gold stomach, Like I eat tin cans and nothing will happen, but I can.
Speaker 1: Eat stuff that make Billy go would absolutely shit himself.
Speaker 2: He had one point that he ate three of them. But yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Like the people that were anti devil egg were more like they didn't like boiled eggs, like specifically, like they have like this like like stinky kind of like memory up with a boil, like a boiled egg.
Speaker 1: So yeah, it's got to be an experienced thing, like you know, getting a hard boiled egg and they're bagged lunch as a kid or something, and a little.
Speaker 3: Bit like yeah, they're like this is crap food and I'm not going to be duped by like the fancy version, whereas I'm like, I fucking I love boiled eggs, off boiled eggs, hard boiled eggs, scrambled like, I love fucking eggs.
Speaker 1: Man, I h I did should we do all all egg underrated?
Speaker 2: Because I got hard boiled.
Speaker 1: I was hard boiling some eggs and I had the hardest damn time peeling, peeling the damn things.
Speaker 2: What the fuck I did? Right?
Speaker 1: I mean just under a light stream of cold water, just going a little tiny chunk at a time, but there were like pieces of the egg were coming off. I think I think I fucked something up because I went hard boiled into a nice bath and then right into peeling. And I think I fucked up somehow fucked up Miles.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, oh man, I'm really I I don't know what to tell you. You know, it is, it is kind of tough, but I don't know. I mean, like I know that like sometimes you're gonna get one that is a little bit harder to peel.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: But I think some of the thing is.
Speaker 3: I think like the like when you add it, and also like you can put salt like in the water to help, yeah, just like to keep that from happening. The other thing is I put it in an ice bath. I don't do cold water. I have a fucking little bowl with ice and I fell.
Speaker 1: Yeah. No, I did straight ice hard boiled into ice bath into under a stream of.
Speaker 2: How long old water got?
Speaker 1: How long ice bath gotta be like five minutes?
Speaker 2: Okay, how's that? Wait?
Speaker 1: What were you saying? It has to be at least what at least five?
Speaker 3: Okay, that's the four and you can you should like you know, like some like in some recipe things I've seen like up to like fucking ten or fifteen.
Speaker 1: Okay, really, I I also don't think I put enough ice in. I think the I think they weren't cold enough. Oh yeah, when I got to the peeling and that that makes sense to me.
Speaker 3: Those little those hot eggs are like little hot rocks that are just gonna melt the ice. So you got to inundate that ice bath with ice. Yeah, and then uh, the other thing. Some people say you could crack it before. How do you crack it? Because do you do? The I cracked both ends and then I roll it lightly to break up the egg.
Speaker 1: Damn all right now I'm talking to a damn professional over here.
Speaker 2: Jack. Eggs are my thing. I love an egg.
Speaker 3: You gott it, you gotta peel it ice and also peel it right out the ice bath, like don't don't let it kick it, just go go right away.
Speaker 1: For anyone looking for non egg related content, My my other non egg underrated was just the U. I went to the to the pictures with my children this weekend, which we called teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. It was a blast. Yeah, I can't. I can't recommend it enough. But I was just once again the Nicole Kidman thing before AMC movies. Yeah, I'm just her. The writing gets a lot of attention, her performance gets a lot of attention. The choice of movies is so weird that they've gone with like movies. This shit came out in twenty twenty one, and they've gone with like three movies from twenty fifteen to twenty seventeen, and just I don't know, Jurassic World being the movie that they choose from the Jurassic Park franchise is very strange to me.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: And like La La Land I think is in there, it's not really a movie that people really ride for anymore. It kind of more lives in the crash territory of like a thing like, Wow, that was weird that everybody wrote that shit.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Maybe the La La land heads are gonna come for me, but I don't know. It just feels like a very strange, very specific, like it would be so easy to cycle different movies in there, you know, And also like if you're going with movies that aren't theaters anymore, which great, Why are we only going with like movies from five years ago that aren't in theaters anymore? And stead but like the movies that would actually inspire that sort of magic. I think I think it's underrated. How much like the weirdness of the ad is like the mismatch of her reaction and then the movie being a Jurassic World. I mean, just like describing this fucking h philosophical, like mystical experience that she has, and then it's Jurassic World.
Speaker 3: So could you could you imagine it's like all those movies those are actually picked by Nicole Kidman. That was one thing, like these are my favorite doll? Fuck around When I say this line, it better be Jurassic World. Yes, what did she say when heartache heartbreak feels good in a place like this?
Speaker 2: Is it?
Speaker 1: What is she looking at? I think it might be Creed And I was wrong. I thought it was Creed two because he's wearing like the American flag boxing trunks. Friend, it is actually Creed, which I think, great, great pick, perfect, Fine, let's go with Creed.
Speaker 3: Does heartbreak feel good? That does that line? I haven't seen Creed?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know. I actually should have like actually done a more detailed breakdown of you.
Speaker 3: Have, like each line and what we're what we're distilling from that line of dialogue given the visual, maybe.
Speaker 2: It's a wonder Woman Like wonder Woman's the other one, you know what?
Speaker 3: Yeah, fuck, I'm sure I'm sure we can find Uh, we may just have to do a deep dive because we talk about how often do we fucking bring up that stupid ad, like even when we went to go see Elvis altogether, like last year, the way they're.
Speaker 1: Up Nicolls on, we all, well, it's the single piece of it's probably the most viewed single piece of content. Maybe the underrated thing is just like how everybody like that two minute ad is just like has been viewed by everyone. You have like the most captive audience, Like what what have people seen more than that?
Speaker 2: At Honestly, I don't even know.
Speaker 3: Like stop sign maybe right like stop I'm going to stop signing to stop sign right now?
Speaker 1: Well, their stop sign is iconic. The color choices are massive, and I realized, like people have like made jokes about this and it's like kind of over but I just it's also like so everywhere.
Speaker 2: That's wonder woman.
Speaker 3: Images on a huge silver screen. Sound that I can feel. Okay, sound makes sense because you're seeing la la land, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: And then like this okay, but like in that moment, he's triumphant.
Speaker 1: Yeah, heartbreak feels good in a place like this, and it shows creed uh like chest. Yeah, Adonis is pounding his chest after knocking somebody out. So that means that Nicole Kidman was rooting for his opponent. Oh, I think ship, which actually kind of makes sense if you if you think about it, all right, to come underrated and how that is that piece of media which was like just thrown together like she was really responsible. She like brought the writer in, she brought the director in.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when you look at it, it was like they were like Kidman knew this writer from this project, and the director she brought in from working with them on something else.
Speaker 3: So anyways, she didn't even wear a prosthetic nose to make your hand even harder like her Oscar winning performances.
Speaker 2: Let's take a quick break.
Speaker 1: We'll come back with our overrated because my overrated gets uh gets into the news. So we'll take a quick break. We'll be right back and we're back.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: One thing the amount of like flying jump kicks that were happening when we exited that movie, Like there, shit, it should come with.
Speaker 3: A warning, right right, right, right right, jumping off the fucking dinner table, trying to do it.
Speaker 1: Like third the third stam.
Speaker 2: Have they just entered their like karate kick.
Speaker 1: Era, Oh yeah, they've been there.
Speaker 3: But you know, like you know how like karate Kid kind of fucked you up and you thought you could do like a flying like across the room type jump, like karate kick type shit, And I remember in my mind that was like the most ideal physical performance you could do. Like the first time I jumped in a pool was to be like I'm gonna do a karate kick into here kick yeah, boom straight in there.
Speaker 1: As I've talked about, the karate Kid just made me want to get my ass kicked. That was like my yeah, just I thought it was cool to get beat up and that like that's what made Elizabeth Shoe like him, was all the ass kickings he had taken.
Speaker 2: I think I think it was a weird catholic then, right.
Speaker 1: Like command me lord up, Johnny, don't fuck me up, just like putting my chin out.
Speaker 2: Come on, I mean me up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, mister Miyagi just gave me an old man to like idolize because I'm like, there's no Japanese dude, all right, I'm him.
Speaker 1: That Ki Kids one of those movies that, like, I feel like my kids will it will fully change their world once they see it. I have not shown it to him yet.
Speaker 3: Cut to that episode, Like, so I showed him Karate Kid. They said it was boring.
Speaker 1: It's also very possible, entirely possible they did because we had the local news on did change the channel pass back to the future and they were immediately intrigued by by that premise.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I mean yeah, like like space age technology. That shit will always kind of feel intriguing. I think to kids is like like future stuff for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: All right, what's something, Miles that you think is overrated?
Speaker 2: Oh uh? Misguided debates over tipping.
Speaker 3: I've seen a lot of the Apparently there was like a like a reddit, like a subreddit post and like the Los Angeles subreddit. Apparently like taking like a spreadsheet of all the restaurants that are like tacking on fees and things like that. And I've seen a few different outlets use this, like very disingenuously to just sort of tear down the concept of tipping. While some are talking about like some places are adding a fucking charge and they're not actually passing any of that onto the servers, like that's problematic, Like what.
Speaker 1: The fuck is that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, or and then other people debate they're like, well, this restaurant shouldn't be on this list because they actually are providing a living wage to every person employed there, along with health insurance, so like that that makes sense, and like that's demonstrable that these people are doing better because they work at X restaurant or whatever. But it's it's just wild because like you know, like La magazine like has become this absolute fucking like conservative healthscape like magazine like over the last three years whenever this new owner came in, so like they've been like talking about it all the time too. And I just see how some people like while like the spreadsheet is there's like a lot of debate about what's contained within, but when I see it take off to like this really tired thing of like I mean, they're everybody wants a tip now, Like why when's the tipping gonna end, it's like, well some yeah, some people you have to tip because that's that's where they actually make their money.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: And again you know to I like pointing out obviously when people are just charging a fucking quote service fee and knowing like what that is and being like, well, this is kind of fucking wild. But I just I hate when, like I see like these like full throated attacks on like the concept of tipping, when like they're from people who have no concept of what it even.
Speaker 2: Like is like to be like at a tipped job. Uh, and just be like just like when is you gonna stop? Really?
Speaker 3: It's like, you know, let's let's aim our anger like higher up the fucking the charts here to like why we don't have healthcare and those kinds of things that necessitate this kind of thing.
Speaker 1: These damn millionaire waiters who are taking.
Speaker 3: Their fudge rounds on my die, My overrated is Did you see the story about how John Fetterman showed up and has a mustache and glasses now?
Speaker 2: And yeah, yeah I thought it was on Undercover Boss.
Speaker 1: People like betterment unrecognizable. That was the headline on Drudge. I was, I don't know, like I I definitely have a different look like brain then most people, Like I've been told just and I couldn't think of an example, but I've just been told that, like my lookalikes are way off base, and like I often find other people's lookalikes weird. Hu, but like this didn't. He just looked like John Fetterman with glasses and a mustache, like these people. You could fool some of these people with a graphow mask.
Speaker 2: I guess, yeah it.
Speaker 3: I mean if I saw that, I'd be like, Okay, he just switched up the facial hair really, like glasses are not I'm It's very easy for me to see see through your glasses and know who you really are. But he kind of looks like if uh, he sort of looks like conservative Jesse Ventura.
Speaker 1: Like conservative, like dressed conservatively.
Speaker 3: For I'm out here in the mountains with my die mullet and eating old deer carcasses.
Speaker 2: Yeah, talking about the spaceships like that.
Speaker 3: He seems like, you know Jesse Ventura, like got a lot of lost money.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, kind of yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he looks better. I think, like any any switch from a soul patch to other facial hair, I think is generally a good move in the modern era, But yeah, I don't know, are they maybe like are there people out there who are like holy ship? The plot twist when you find out Clark Kent is Superman? Like that fucking blew my mind? Man, have you seen.
Speaker 2: This fucking Superman movie? Dude?
Speaker 3: He like kind of fucked me up many First of all, I got to ask you this, You're you're not Superman, right, because.
Speaker 2: Any motherfucker could be after what I just saw?
Speaker 3: Are they is like on Drudge, are they trying to like cast dispersions or.
Speaker 2: Be like, Oh, I'm sure, but what's the logic here?
Speaker 3: He Okay, he wears glasses and he has like a push broom stash.
Speaker 1: Therefore, what people of a conspiracy theory where like someone died and was replaced by a look aout? I actually don't know. I didn't click through on the article. I just saw the headline and had also seen somebody on Twitter be like, you're telling me these are the same people. I was like, yeah, yeah, wait, what do you mean? Just people whose only ability to recognize people is that is that game? Guess who like that?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 1: Because that's truly like he just went from one guess who character to another? And shit, yeah, is that the name of that one with the little flip things?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, he he really does look like he he His styling advice is guess who based because I'm pretty sure there was like a bald guy with the soul patch.
Speaker 3: Well, it feels very like like mister potato head swag.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean.
Speaker 3: You have a blank canvas, round round dome. What can you do? I can put a mustache, take the hair off, put glasses on, put a bereton off.
Speaker 2: What else? Yeah?
Speaker 1: All right, should we get into the news of the weekend besides John Fetterman being a fucking shape shifter?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Uh so Trump has decided to duck the debates. People are like, is he tired? What's going on? I don't care. But the leader in his absence would be DeSantis. And there's just there's this clip of Dysantis where he just looks like something has cracked within him, Like he just looks like, I don't know, he's just being asked about like the knives are out for you, Like, what what do you have to say? It's the same, I don't know, it's the it's the same talking point that he's had to respond to a thousand times, Like just there's something in his eyes, like it's not so much like in his I don't even know if you'd get much from hearing his answer, but like his eyes just yeah, tired and like psychotically mad, but his mouth is smiling.
Speaker 2: He's he's drained.
Speaker 3: He looks like a like Hrmacht soldier who's using math to fucking keep the blitzkreek up, you know what I mean? Uh, Like he's got We're gonna play this clip, just know that before he answers his eyes, this dude looks like he just woke up. Then he realizes he's on camera being asked a question, and he summons like every ounce of fucking mental energy to try and put a smile on his face, and he's like failing at it. As he gets to this answer. It's just the wind up from like I'm fucking dead inside to remember you're on camera.
Speaker 2: Ron, it's really something else here we go.
Speaker 4: Your campaign said.
Speaker 2: Weird wild smile, all right? That about the moment.
Speaker 3: It's when he goes because the way he smiles, it sounds like he would have said, ah, you know what I mean, the way his mouth opens to like force out the teeth.
Speaker 1: It is really the smile at six seconds in where he goes from dead to just like has this weird like thing where something seems to like break open inside him and he goes from like dead angry to like this crazy like joker smile. Things out.
Speaker 2: Okay now, and he's grinding his teeth, his jaw's going left, his mouth is going I'd like to get your reaction to both off well. On the memo, it's not mine.
Speaker 4: I haven't read it, and it's just I think it's something that we haven't But in terms of debate, look, when you're i know from the military, when you're over the target, that's when you're.
Speaker 2: Then he kind of like, I'm sorry, like thanks for that World War two reference.
Speaker 4: I've been more attack than anybody else Biden hair.
Speaker 2: Then he goes on and he's like, that's what's going on.
Speaker 1: But he's it's the same answer he's been given when people are like, what's going on with your campaign? You suck man? What's what's going on with the sucking?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Also what's up with that jaw? Yeah, look like he would have been.
Speaker 3: And you want the little plastic ring that goes under the bottle cap on a water bottle. I could pull that off for you if you want to chew on that part just to get through this fucking event tonight.
Speaker 1: Yeah, He's like, God, I feel like his vibe generally is like unfettered rage beneath just like kind of a holding it down exterior.
Speaker 2: But as his campaign has.
Speaker 1: Like sort of sputtered, he's decided, He's been told his advisors have told him he needs like squeeze that energy through like a cheese cloth of like cheerleader smile face. But like the anger is just like right there, right behind the surface. And it's really seems like at that moment where he goes from like dead eye like I don't know where I am to like smile face, huh, is like it seems like the next moment might be just open weeping, you know, yeah, or just like a rage, like flying into a rage and attacking the persons.
Speaker 3: M did you ever like you ever have like a friend who like you go to their house and you never really met their dad, but you're like, I think this dude's an.
Speaker 2: Asshole, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: The friend or the dead the dad, the friend's dad who you've never like you know the kid, but you go to the house and like you catch glimpses of the dad and like they're not really doing anything over but you're like.
Speaker 5: I feel like this guy's just like a fucking asshole for some reason, Like oh whatever, that's like what like Rohn DeSantis reminds me of where it's like on the surface, you might be like, well, he's just looks like not cool or whatever.
Speaker 2: I'm like, no, I think this guy's a fucking dick. Actually, that's what he's got going on.
Speaker 3: So, uh, we'll see when he Maybe he'll hang his big old cowboy boots up at some point, but I don't know, we'll see.
Speaker 1: So there's there's like a new Iowa poll that's like yeah, or he's still alive. Yeah. Despite a series of great polls for Trump, like nationwide, the new numbers of in Iowa seem to leave the door open for DeSantis. But like, is Iowa the first primary for them? I think, so, oh it is okay. I thought that is that only the Democrats?
Speaker 3: Well, no, the first one for the Democrats used to be New Hampshire, but they switched it up to go to South Carolina.
Speaker 2: So they could prop up uh you know, Joe Byron.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, but all right, so Iowa is still in the mix, it's still important.
Speaker 2: January fifteenth, Yeah, I believe that's gonna be the first one.
Speaker 1: So the poll shows DeSantis insecond with nineteen percent. Trump elsewhere has held like a forty six point lead over everyone. I still I just I don't I don't know if I buy this, but it does does seem like the media might just need him to be a serious candidate for there to be like any tension in this race, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because they're not gonna get they're not going to do the same numbers like in twenty sixteen, whether it's gonna be where everyone's like, ah, fuck Trump, where they're like, I don't know, let's see this weird Trump guy can do something. But yeah, I mean, like it's it's the same thing that like we talked about how the polls like kind of shift around, like more so within the Republican party. But like a lot of analysts are more worried about the Georgia trial because like the shit when like more shit comes out about that, like George, like specifically Georgia.
Speaker 2: Republicans are worried just gonna be like the fuck Okay, Jesus, guy fucking.
Speaker 3: Sucks, and then that would really, you know, when you do the electoral college math, Georgia is fucking, you know, very very important. So I don't know, I don't know if there's any anything's gonna fucking change.
Speaker 2: Because Trump basically it runs the party.
Speaker 3: So good luck, yeah, tell us to us all.
Speaker 1: Truly, all right, let's take a quick break and we'll come back and finish out with some more news and we're back. We're back, and yeah, so there's a hurricane that turned into a tropical storm and then when it was making landfall in southern California, there was an earthquake. Uh, kind of a weird weekend, unique weekend in southern California. Watching the local news, they were like, what a memorable day, Yeah for something Californians.
Speaker 3: Yeah right, with like famous last words when an actual hurricane makes landfall like directly on our fucking doorstep, and then we see what happens. But I mean, the combination made my eyes bleed. Jack hurricane and earthquake, I'm sorry. Twitter was fucking insufferable. When the earthquake, La Twitter, Look, I love I know a lot of y'all, but the fucking earthquake, fucking tornado, hurricane screenshot like wars that happened.
Speaker 2: I was. I grew very weary, very quickly.
Speaker 3: But yeah, like the rains get all the way up to Nevada where they're saying, like, you know, there's gonna be terrible flooding there.
Speaker 2: It's just wild to think.
Speaker 3: Last time an actual hurricane even got near the California coast was.
Speaker 2: Eighteen fifty eight.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, we were still engaged in Chattle slavery. The last time a fucking hurricane got near California The last time a storm system came through was nineteen thirty nine. And I remember like asking around because never in my memory has this ever happened.
Speaker 2: I asked my like, anyone, like, do y'all know what anybody have a memory of this?
Speaker 3: Nope, not a single person. I guess what's causing all this unique weather. It's not same sex marriage, folks. It's climate change. Yeah, I know, change iant to get ahead of you, but yeah, the Pacific had record setting warm like warm water temperatures, which is what you need to like for a hurricane to form. Plus the absence of like traditional wins that usually keep hurricanes away from the coast were like gone. So basically there's like a red carpet for Hillary to just do her thing and just come on up, come on up, come check it out.
Speaker 1: I've been arguing for a red carpet to let Hillary do her thing, let Hillary cook, but only in the Democratic politics.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, I know, I know, and you and you weren't heard, but hey, maybe this time we will do the right thing.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 3: The fucking weird upside to all this is that just the sheer amount of rain in southern California, they like a lot of the experts like it's significantly lowered the risk of forest fires for like the weeks look at that, which I forget who someone on Twitter and then forgive me for not having an offhand, was like, hooray, the the climate change hurricanes are gonna like we'll put out the climate change forest fires.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So what's everybody so worried about just kind of sit back and let nature do her thing, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm terrified, like just to know that now, like we're firmly in this place now where it's like.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, this can happen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, every year a different unprecedented thing.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure our infrastructure is ready for like a true hurricane.
Speaker 2: I know it's I mean it's.
Speaker 3: Definitely infrastructure isn't ready for a fucking people to drive on the fucking.
Speaker 1: Roads right when it rains. Yeah, So shout.
Speaker 2: Out to everybody who stayed their ass at home. I was. I was blown away.
Speaker 3: I had to like run out to get something on Sunday, and everybody really took it to heart to like not go out if you don't have to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, La just in the rain is crazy because they're Yeah, it's terrifying and it's not like it there is just something that naturally happens where it rains so infrequently that like two months worth of like dust and silks get built up on the roads and then when it rains, it gets like very slippery and shitty.
Speaker 2: But it's inadvisable. Yeah, all right.
Speaker 1: Uh, kid Rock got busted drinking bud light despite being where was he He was at a country music show, okay, and he just just gripping and ripping that blue can of blood bud Light.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Cult Ford's show, Oh Cold Cold Ford.
Speaker 1: My favorite brands definitely uh, definitely a real name. Cult Ford.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, you have to name your child after a gun. That's a the new.
Speaker 3: I mean, like, I know so many people who have like married conservatives and stuff, like their kids, like you know, have gun names.
Speaker 1: Yeah, gun first name, truck last name or what are you doing?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 3: Yeah, here's my here's my nephew glock ram what so?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean this is a lot of people are questioning whether or not performed the backs of impotent social media rage or on trustworthy after TMZ snapped a photo of Kid Rock drinking a bud Light.
Speaker 2: We were rooting for you. We were all rooting for you. What the fuck happened?
Speaker 1: I didn't see the video, but I guess he shot up a case of bud with a literal machine gun as part of his like anti trans rade did Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think we talked about it because like you had to buy all that bud light though, Shyeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, anyway, fine, the buying things so that you can protest them movement always highly effective. But yeah that in this he just appeared he seems to be kicking back and enjoying a bud light, but it's no big deal for him, or something.
Speaker 3: Like he fucks with bud Light like that's his shit, almost Because what I'd imagine if you were a principled bigot, right and you would first probably probably post from the show, be like, I can't believe my man cole Ford is serving bood light over here. No way, I'm all about the silver bullet all the way from Colorado, Colorado.
Speaker 2: But no, uh he's yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, before anybody gets any big ideas, some people are pointing out that this could easily all be an elaborate deception. TMZ could have photoshopped a course can to make it look like a bud light. I just want to read from a tweet from one m zer zero Cool. I saw a TMZ put out a story showing Kid Rock drinking bud Light. Actually he was drinking a Coors Light can. This is a lie. Someone altered it. Look at the pick carefully. Also, the blue outline doesn't match the blue can. Someone took the bud light logo and insert it over the blue on the can.
Speaker 3: What so, Yeah, it's oh ya, just very I'm worried about y'all.
Speaker 2: I really am.
Speaker 3: This guy just did a bunch of like screen caps and just just drew circles on shit, He's like, this is what the Cours logo looks like. Here's my circle, and now look at this larger circle I'm drawing over bud light. Notice how this circle is bigger than the other one. Therefore, here go. This is a Stalin photoshop job.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Interesting.
Speaker 2: Has he said anything as far as uh, you know, to answer for his crimes. He hasn't.
Speaker 1: He hasn't responded to our request for comment.
Speaker 3: Yeah, come on, coward, let us know what were you really thinking? He oh man, he hasn't posted since July four, doll, This man is quiet.
Speaker 1: He's also looking very much like Freddy Krueger, Like he's got like some something going on with the Fedora that.
Speaker 2: I haven't seen him without a hat and in a long time.
Speaker 3: But the Fedora is like also weird. It feels like hand right, which I'm not. I guess that's probably called something else. Maybe when a Fedora looks too big at that point. That's definitely not a Stanzo brand Fedora. No, they stink like the Terrible, but their Stanzos they're pretty good.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Anyways, we we will keep you posted. Uh, you don't have to like have your Google alert set or be constantly refreshing kid Rock Snutter to find out what he has to say about this, because we will be all over this ship. Yes, myles, there's a new space race. The apparently we're all trying to get to the south pole of the Moon because there's ice there, they think, and they so. On the one hand, this could answer all sorts of interesting age old scientific questions about like how uh water got to our moon, how we got breathable air, all the you know, just questions about where we come from, why we hear but the laws around international you know, moonlaw, yeah, moonlaw. Moonlaw is unfounded, right right right, We don't know what to do.
Speaker 3: So anybody can go up there and just fuck around with the south pole huh right.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So basically Russia, India, China, and America are all trying to get to the south pole of the Moon. And Russia had a had not so great experience this weekend as they were they were closing in on being the first people to land at the south pole, and the ros Cosmos Space Agency put it in a statement that the Luna twenty five, their unmanned space craft, moved into an unpredictable orbit and ceased to exist as a result of a collision with the surface of the Moon. Shout out to Russia and just out their way. Love that things.
Speaker 3: Yeah, ceased, the ship ceased to exist, y'all. That's how That's how much it got fucked up as.
Speaker 2: It slammed into the moon. Yeah. Wow, so vaporized.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, I mean, I what, like, what the fuck?
Speaker 2: Why do we want? Is there even enough water?
Speaker 3: Like I get that there might be ice, but given the size of the Moon, is that really something to be like?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Man, motherfuckers can like hang out there for a while. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think they want to make it an outpost so that like they have a stopover on their way to Mars.
Speaker 2: Maybe. Oh I hate connecting flights. Yeah, exactly, layover.
Speaker 4: O.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think, you know, legitimate scientific reasons for being interesting thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but.
Speaker 1: There's also the you know, NASA is trying to get there with their Artemis mission, which will eventually lead to, according to them, an outpost in twenty thirty, and the Americans have specifically said they don't want China to get to the South Pole first.
Speaker 2: Oh god, but yeah, here we go for what.
Speaker 1: The promises that it seemingly contains ice, which could provide not only drinking water, but a breathable air and even rocket fuel.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure how that works.
Speaker 3: Oh, because they can be combined, they're saying, right, hydrogen and oxygen to make fuel for rockets. Okay, all right, science folks.
Speaker 2: Like with a steam engine, Dude, I don't know you ask me.
Speaker 3: Ask you how to fucking boil an egg or roll the blunt, Dude, That's about the extent of my technical knowledge.
Speaker 2: I'm not about that. I don't know what the fuck's going on with this superroducer.
Speaker 1: Brian says he split the water into hydrogen and oxygen. Okay, that makes sense.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, I know that. Yeah yeah, yeah, right, right, right, right right, yeah, split the water.
Speaker 1: But yeah, you know, it may also contain clues about the very nature of our planet and the process that took place in the early Solar system that may have brought water to Earth. But if commercial interests get their first and start mining, that information could be lost, and international law to regulate mining the Moon is not well formed. So yeah, moonlaw not great. So the secrets of the universe may be may be lost to.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just have like all these global powers being like saying they got Gibbs on the south pole of the moon, right, I can only imagine.
Speaker 2: But what other things are going to cease to exist? Yeah, in pursue of that?
Speaker 1: All right, well, those are some of the things that we're trending over the weekend. We are back tomorrow with a whole last episode of the show, a very special, full last episode of the show. Until then, be kind to each other, be kind to yourselves, get the vaccine, don't do nothing about white supremacy, and we will talk to y'all tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Bye bye,