Speaker 1: What is happened? Everybody?
Speaker 2: Welcome into a Monday edition of Texans All Access from Monday Texans Radio Studio. John Harrish, you host plan Out Sideline reporter alongside the voice that Texans won, Mark Vanimir Mark.
Speaker 1: Good evening.
Speaker 2: Tell me how your Saturday went. I know it was a big Saturday Saturday ago.
Speaker 3: So we didn't make it to the bubble, but we got within one game of making it to the bubble. And the Bubble is a great event with the final four this Saturday. Because the districts have expanded for the Texans, more funding, more schools.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 3: But we basically won Fort Ben County the Clements Rangers flag football team and we were in the final against Memorial for the whole district. The Memorial got us. It was zero zero at the half. They scored in the second half and that was it. It was the end of a long day. Didn't make it. They're a great team. But the Raiders ot a heck of a season. Johnny winless last year and went all the way to the championship with the district this year.
Speaker 1: So that was it. That's coaching, man, That is coaches, the players, the coaches. No, you know this. It's you know you could do what you could do.
Speaker 3: They play the game, that's right, you know you, but you always think about what you could have done better to put them in better positions in.
Speaker 1: Any kind of loss, you know.
Speaker 3: And it's funny because like coaching anything, I would imagine you always think about the losses more than the wins.
Speaker 1: And you want to celebrate the wins, but you think about the losses.
Speaker 3: Constantly because you're thinking what could I have done to get them over the top.
Speaker 1: But I'm really happy with those girls.
Speaker 3: They did a tremendous job and it's gonna be fun. I'll go to some of the bubble games or there are three or four of them on well it's a final four, so two to two one on Saturday, I'm gonna check those out and good luck Memorial.
Speaker 1: They were a great team. They took us out, so that was fun that.
Speaker 3: We had a heck of a run, won three games on Saturday to get to that championship.
Speaker 1: But it got hot, no excuses.
Speaker 3: They dealt better than we did with it, and I'm just really proud of them, really proud of them and coach hang at Clements and I were just thrilled with these girls wonderful time.
Speaker 2: Twenty six years later, and I still sick about the loss of loss.
Speaker 1: In my mind.
Speaker 2: I can see every I can see every play. I can see it from my angle on the sideline. I can see it from the film Angle, which I've watched a thousand times. And I remember one time, this is probably about I don't know, six or seven years ago. I remember I just happened to be sitting at my computer and I had my computer plugged in. I've got a hard drive that's all kinds of stuff on it, and I just was kind of clicking through there, just kind of messing around, and I pulled the game up, and at one point my wife walked by and she just went, really, what are you doing? Really, what are you doing? And I was just like, ah, you know, I just was kind of curious. So I went back to watching.
Speaker 1: I'm curious if we still lose this?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, do we still lose it? At some point?
Speaker 2: And when we're up twenty four to twelve in the fourth quarter, you think, now, now we got this one.
Speaker 1: We got this one.
Speaker 2: And then we lose twenty seven, twenty twenty five, twenty four, and it's like didn't choice six years later, remember every play.
Speaker 3: I'm like that with Texans games though, when I see these videos Texans and Jacks fantastic finish from twenty twenty five, and I'm watching the fourth quarter of that game here at Reliott Stadium, and I'm looking and I'm thinking, are we going to pull this out?
Speaker 1: And this looks really dicey. I'm worried and then scared.
Speaker 3: You know how it ends, But it's still a doubtful situation when you look at the way some of these things unfold. The playoff game against the Browns the year before, but now two years before, I watch that, and that doesn't you know, like a lot of blowouts, it doesn't happen right away. It's not like you're up twenty eight nothing after one minute of the game, right The game with the Chargers is the one that one was super close going into the fourth and then you pull away. The game with the Steelers this past year, super close, as we all know, seven to six, and then you pull away in the fourth quarter. Big It looks like a blowout at the end, and it was. But it didn't happen overnight, within the course of the game. It took a while to get it going. So it's funny how those things play out.
Speaker 1: It went from seven to six to thirty to six and like a blink, yeah, whoa yeah, and we're gonna play them again, Johnny.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we are gonna Oh, which brings me to today's topic. Okay, and that is I created an eighteen week fake twenty twenty six schedule.
Speaker 3: Okay, I want to see what you do here, because the news this morning broke that we will not open the season against the Dallas Cowboys because they open against the Giants on Sunday Night Football, which you know, all right, I get at NBC.
Speaker 1: We want you want to get the Giants on before.
Speaker 3: They start stinking right, Yeah, I bet the Giants still get a pretty healthy complement of prime time games because it is the New York team, even more so than the Jets. They are the New York team. So Giants Cowboys on opening weekend. It makes a lot of sense. You just it's not ripping off the band aid. It's let's serve some steak here on opening weekend that we know is gonna work TV.
Speaker 2: Well, it's a hardball John Harbaugh taking over with the Giants, and you know, drafted R. L.
Speaker 1: Reese and Cissimos. Hopefully he's going to be healthy enough to.
Speaker 3: Don't oversell it. It's just the Giants. It's that n y on the helmet, that's what it is.
Speaker 1: So that was announced today. So you're the.
Speaker 3: Cowboys who attract eyeballs whatever they do, because you either want to watch them win or lose.
Speaker 2: Right, So week one we know at this point somebody will open at Seattle when the Rams and Niners are playing in Melbourne and the Giants of Cowboys, as you mentioned, announced today for Sunday night football. So you have a mock schedule. So I have a mock schedule. I have a fake schedule you want, and I put together. There was one piece of news. I don't even call it news. There's a rumor from an account on Twitter at Nerding on NFL. This is where he comes up or she don't know who it is what it is, comes up with a bunch of schedule leaks and had one over the weekend.
Speaker 1: A ninth was that Saturday. People have run with this like it's the gospel. Yeah, absolutely, So this person has been wrong before, They've been right. They've been right a lot, but they've been wrong.
Speaker 2: A handful Toody's confirmed this correct, but they have suggested that the Texans will actually be going to London again. The last time we went internationally was to London to Wembley to play the Jags. Yeah, and that's exactly what they have. They say, week six, October eighteenth, eight thirty local time in the morning or Houston time, which I think is like two thirty over there.
Speaker 1: But we'll we'll get that all squared away.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 2: What we know is that the Jags are playing twice in London, so either they're playing us then somebody, or playing somebody then playing us. But this apparently is in the Jaguars away home away from home, Wembley, according to Nerding on NFL. And I can't emphasize enough this may not be correct, but in my fake schedule, I went with it. Just figured okay, I'll just take that one slotted in week six and go from there. Now, as I went through this schedule, I combined elements from different years that I remember in which ooh, that was really tough. Now, with nine road games, it's already tough, and apparently one of them being internationally, according to at Nerding on the NFL.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be eight eight and one.
Speaker 2: So the first thing that I brought into the fray was twenty eighteen.
Speaker 1: Okay, what do you.
Speaker 2: Remember about the start of twenty eighteen? Do you remember twenty eighteen? It was Patriots Titans?
Speaker 3: Yeah that it was winless, Yes, bought after that, and then the Colts Patriots Titans cults picked up.
Speaker 1: Before that, it was road Road. Thank you, road Road, Road Road. I went road road.
Speaker 3: Okay, Week one at Tennessee Titans. Johnny, I'm gonna share something with you. The Texans have never opened with the Tennessee Titans. Why, I don't know's weird. It's never happened.
Speaker 1: It's weird.
Speaker 3: And I went through it this morning, and you know what, I was in a digital content creation meeting and I was doodling every opener in Texans history, and I could do it off the top of my head. And we've never opened with the Titans. We've closed with them several times, but we've never opened with that. No, I think it's a great prediction. I actually second this that it's gonna happen, because it's never happened, and why not now? And you know what, I'm down with it open at Tennessee all day long. I'm down with it, you know why. Look, nothing's easy in this league. We know the Titans could be a total ambush team whatever, but I'd like to open the season with a nice dub, a nice big fat dub on the road.
Speaker 1: They don't expect to win, and.
Speaker 2: You kin catch them before they maybe start to turn acud.
Speaker 1: Yeah a little bit.
Speaker 3: Now, you don't know what they're gonna do, but you can kind of predict some things.
Speaker 1: You know, Dable is gonna be the see he is the OC, Robert solid defensive coordinator, Calleen know what he does. We know who they have.
Speaker 3: Let's just go in there, beat them one to Oh, let's go. I'm down with opening on the road against the Tennessee Titans.
Speaker 2: Then we go back schedule, that's right, Then we go back on the road.
Speaker 1: So road, like I said.
Speaker 2: Channeling twenty eighteens at Washington Commanders get that NFC team in week two. So that's channeling a little bit of last year where we had Tampa Bay in Week two, but we played them here on Monday night. Now we're playing the Washington Commanders in Washington. So go road, road, So fly to Nashville, get a win, come back, prepare, go back, and take on Washington in week two.
Speaker 3: I sign off on this because now after that, you're gonna get eight at home, seven on the road. You're gonna get the buy in there. Look I like that. I like ripping off two road band aids early Washington Now, I think they're more likely to be good early than late. But we'll see. We'll see what Jade and Daniels, Jaden Brown three. There's no Cliff Kingsbury anymore. What does it all mean?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: How's that gonna go for them? It's it's a strange dynamic.
Speaker 3: It feels uneasy in the Nation's Capitol from here anyway.
Speaker 1: I don't really study them every day, do you no?
Speaker 2: But I feel like it's an older team. I was looking at a graft the other day. They showed the age of the the NFL, and the Texans are like twenty first. I guess twenty first youngest, which would be what eleventh oldest? The Washington Commanders, I think, are the oldest team in the league. So we go Titans Commanders week one week.
Speaker 1: David blau is a blower. He's their offensive offense. Cordiad I think good. I think it's gonna be good. Smart guy. So we go road road, just like twenty eighteen.
Speaker 3: All right, who's next? Monday Night football? Home opener? Home opener? Monday night Football?
Speaker 1: So you get them.
Speaker 3: It's not really a mini buye, but you get an extra day after the week two game at Washington to.
Speaker 1: Play Dak Prescott in the Dallas Cowboys. All right, so this is it. It's Monday Night Football. It's the opener.
Speaker 2: It can't be the opener opener like opening week, but the opening game in the twenty fifth season will be the Dallas Cowboys on Monday.
Speaker 1: Night Week three.
Speaker 3: Can I shoot a hole in it right now? Oh no, it can't happen. You gotta look at the Cowboys schedule, okay, because.
Speaker 1: Oh that's right, damn it. They're in Rio. Can you make a quick switch? Let me see, let me see if I can. Okay, okay, okay, I got got like North Junior, make a quick switch. I got a switch. I don't know.
Speaker 3: If we're not gonna put the Cowboys on the road here, then send them to Rio.
Speaker 1: I'd love to see it happen.
Speaker 2: Okay, So all right, so we're sticking with a primetime game. But I okay, here's the one I moved. You made a switch, Okay, I did. We just mentioned him little while ago the g Man on Thursday night football.
Speaker 1: Wait wait, wait, we gotta go short week after Washington. Yeah, short week after watching You're killing me, Johnny. I know. But we've done that before, and we've had to go on the road.
Speaker 2: Remember twenty seventeen we played here, we played the Jags, and then to go right on the road in week two to play Cincinnati on Thursday night.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 3: Now I'm getting back from Washington and I play my home over on a Thursday after no rest. I mean, I'm getting back, Johnny, I'm getting back late from that game. That's a not a terribly long flight. But it's not a short flight either.
Speaker 1: No, all right, I'll.
Speaker 3: Take it whatever I have to take it, don't I. Yeah, it's the Giants on a Thursday. You're gonna go Amazon Thursday night.
Speaker 2: I'd rather have the Thursday night Amazon game earlier in the year than later.
Speaker 3: Did I tell you almost ran over Kirk hurb Street's dog in the loading dock. Well it wasn't that close, but I was. You know, I'm not driving a big dog by the way, Yeah, big dog. I drive a rapid amente, but not on the not in a loading dock on a game. Damn, my head on a swivel. Yeah, that's why I saw the dog walking in front of my car. And he must have been on a leash, I guess. But it wasn't Kirk with the dog. It was a dog handler.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: And the dog I think is not exactly totally obedient yet because it's still a young dog, although you would think you'd have that thing trade pretty well. And the dog was somehow just I want to say, Johnny, the dog was wandering.
Speaker 1: I want to say that.
Speaker 3: But I just thought this is a story for later that I encountered Kirk Hurbstreak's dog Ben.
Speaker 1: Is it Ben? What is it? Now? Ben was the other dog? Peter Peter? Who's Ben? The previous dog?
Speaker 3: Oh, I'm sorry, I really really blew with this one. Now you had been and Peter Wright. I think Ben passed away, so Peter the new dog. All right, So Peter was in front of my car. But Peter's okay, last I checked.
Speaker 2: So yeah, we're taking on the Giants on Thursday night football. So now we get the mini buy. In week four, we go to Pittsburgh to take on seemingly Mason Rudolph and the Pittsburgh Steelers.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Is Mason Rudolf still the backup there? I don't even know if he is.
Speaker 2: But we take on the Pittsburgh Steelers in week four, the first four on the freaking road.
Speaker 4: That's right?
Speaker 1: What are you doing to me? Is that a regular Sunday nooner for us?
Speaker 2: That is a Sunday nooner's Sunday for us.
Speaker 1: After the Thursday night game.
Speaker 2: Then week five, we're going back home, coming back home good. And two years ago, twenty twenty four, I channeled it Week five and twenty twenty four we played the Buffalo Bills. But we will play on Sunday Night football. Okay, Texans Bills Week five, Sunday Night Football.
Speaker 1: Again.
Speaker 2: This is John Harris's twenty twenty six mock schedule. All right, So so far two primetime games. You got the Amazon primetime game against the Giants yep, and you got this against the Bills on Sunday night football.
Speaker 3: So primetime both of our home games thus far. Yeah, I like it, Okay, I like it. So we got two of our four or five primetime games.
Speaker 2: Then this is when we'll take nerding on NFL. For now, we'll take his or her word for it, and we'll play the Jacksonville Jaguars in London in Sunday, October eighteenth, with a.
Speaker 1: Bye week in week seven.
Speaker 3: Okay, wait a minute, so we're on week six right now.
Speaker 1: Six will play the Jaguars Week seven, will take the buy.
Speaker 3: So he had he had week six Jags at Wembley, and the Tottenham Hotspur website or a website that deals with Tottenham stadium dates, what did they have?
Speaker 1: They had Let's see, they had Jaguars on the eleventh.
Speaker 3: They had Jaguars in the eleventh at Tottenham, which would make sense because it's a home game for Jacksonville if that's the case, If that's the truth, and the Jags home is Wembley. So they played back to back games in London this year, that's correct. One of them has got to be at Tottenham because it's a road game.
Speaker 1: They need a road and a home. That works.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that works, So math works according Now, look the Matt I used to tell my kids this all the time. There were certain things in a math equation you could look at and know Okay, that doesn't make sense. It doesn't tell you the answer is right. It just tells you it can make sense exactly.
Speaker 1: What you do.
Speaker 2: Did so Week six at Jacksonville in London at Wembley, Week seven the bye.
Speaker 3: How do you feel about a week seven by Because if they're right, that's the case here and later six it's better than week fourteen. I'd rather be eight nine or ten, but it's it's an improvement. Everybody wants eight nine or ten. We can't have, like Joe Burrow suggested, everybody take a week off in the middle of the season. It's never gonna happen, so we'll have to live with it. Wait, who's said that, Joe Burrow?
Speaker 2: Week eight at home, comeing out of the bye, Cincinnati Bengals and Joe Burrow?
Speaker 3: Is that the time when the nagging Burrow injury flares up?
Speaker 1: About then and we're gonna get another quarterback?
Speaker 2: So I channeled a couple of years, like I said, into kind of my my scheduled thoughts. Well, we get to week nine. Week nine through week fourteen is about as tough as it could possibly get for the Texans.
Speaker 3: All right, so you're gonna go middle of the schedule. Week nine, Okay at Indianapolis.
Speaker 2: So take on the Bengals and then go to Indianapolis the very next week.
Speaker 1: Oh, okay, week ten.
Speaker 2: Since I couldn't put it in Week three, I put in Week ten the Dallas Cowboys on Monday Night football.
Speaker 1: I like it.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 2: Week eleven, eleven, and twelve are tough. Eleven, twelve and thirteen are just wow. Eleven at Philadelphia? Okay, twelve? Is that a regular Sunday after.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got that as a regular noonor for right now it could be a late afternoon.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Week twelve at green Bay, so go to Philly. So play Dallas on a Monday night, then go to Philly, then go to green Bay and return for Week thirteen against the Baltimore Ravens on Sunday night.
Speaker 1: For geez, that's a murderer who when I put it down on paper, I went, son of a gun. That is not.
Speaker 3: Fun Johnny here the last three years for Burrow, by the way, who starts this stretch?
Speaker 1: Yep? Allegedly that's what That's where I put it.
Speaker 3: The Texans definitely faced him in twenty twenty three at Cincinnati. He played ten games that year. The following year he plays all seventeen. They get really hot at the end of the year, but they were really struggling defensively, as we all know. They're putting up Gargantua and the Man of Points and losing games like thirty four to thirty three. Last year he played eight games. So that's a lot of games missed in the last.
Speaker 1: Three years for Joe. For Joe Cool, he basically lost the whole season.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean that essentially lost the whole Season's that's a real damaging resume.
Speaker 1: When you look at the injury count for Burrow.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Contrast that to Josh Allen, who I mean, you look at the last five years, he's missed one game and that might have been a we don't needed a play. I mean, if you go seven years, he's only missed at the most one game a year.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's Josh Allen. I that's crazy. This weekend, I this weekend.
Speaker 2: I can't remember which day it was Friday, said or Sunday, one of them, but I just went to YouTube and the first thing I popped up on YouTube was the Final I think it was the Final.
Speaker 1: It was the Bill's Final Drive.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you going back and watching it again, and you know, just watching it all the way through and seeing it again.
Speaker 1: Roller, we beat the hell out of that man. Yeah, like he took a beating that. I'm not sure.
Speaker 2: I don't I don't know how long it must have taken for him to get right after that game. Now, it was a Thursday night, so we had a couple extra days. But we just kept coming after him. I mean, we were hunting him. It was amazing. And that was just a two minute drive. And by the way, the hooking ladder is one of the great calls ever, so perfect.
Speaker 3: It's perfect. It took the air out of my lungs. It was just, what are we doing after a performance like this? Is he going to be able to Are we gonna be too gassed? Is he gonna be able to find the end zone? Are we gonna be too gassed to make the stop?
Speaker 1: Yes? And we weren't. They weren't.
Speaker 3: Kept the pressure on him, kept the pressure on him. He made the bad bullock with the pick.
Speaker 2: Found a way, so to reiterate, after going to Jackson, after going to London, we get to buy Week seven, Week eight, Bengals at Home. Week nine at Indy mock schedule Week ten Cowboys on Monday Night, Week eleven, at Philly, week twelve, at Green Bay, week thirteen, Baltimore Ravens on Sunday Night Football, and then we go out to LA for Week fourteen.
Speaker 3: So wait a minute, we've played the Colts once. Have we played the Jags yet.
Speaker 1: In your mock? Yeah, we're going to win to London. Oh yeah, that's right. We open the at Tennessee.
Speaker 2: Then we went at Jacksonville at Indian now again, so we channeled. I channeled different years the schedule. I channeled last year for one particular part at the end.
Speaker 3: Right, So you're telling me we have three divisional dates left. Yes, okay, so after the Ravens who after the Ravens at Chargers week fourteen.
Speaker 1: This thing's brutal. I know this is brutal.
Speaker 3: I mean trying to make it as tough as possible, but there's no way to not make it tough because these teams are on your schedule. You have to play them at some point. This is really difficulty. Very A big hope is that the division is not as good as you think, because you know you're going to be thick in the division.
Speaker 1: In all likelihood at the end of the year.
Speaker 3: Sometimes it doesn't happen with all teams, correct, But you want to be thick in the divisional games at the end of the year so you can further control your destiny within the division. Right, And I'm just hoping that Tennessee is terrible and the cold so just awful and the Jags take a big step back. But go on, that's a big, big trip to go out to La that late the season again because you have to do it last year.
Speaker 2: It's right, So again, I channeled various years of this schedule, the first four out to six on the road with the first two you know, it's a.
Speaker 1: Twenty eighteen theme.
Speaker 2: Then this four out of it's a four out of that's four out of seven, but four to seven with the three out of four, with going two Indy home Dallas, then at Philly at green Bay.
Speaker 1: That's got some twenty sixteen elements. Yep.
Speaker 2: Remember we went to Jacksonville and then we had we had we had Jacksonville, then we played the Chargers, and then we played the Raiders and somebody else in Green Bay. Kind of they were all kind of in a mix, and that's kind of what that stretch is. Then thirteen, like I said, Week thirteen Baltimore Ravens Sunday at Football, Week fourteen at Chargers. Then I channeled last year's schedule a little bit, getting three out of last four at home. Three as you know, because I've gone Titans on the road Week one, Jags in London Week six, Colts week nine. That means we're getting all three games in the division at home in the final month of the year. And it starts with Week fifteen Jaguars. Monday Night Football. Oh, let's get sexy. That is sexy, all right, Monday Night Football is gonna love that one. You know, we are both in it. If Monday Night Football, If Monday Night Football got the game that we played at noon last.
Speaker 1: Year, oh forget about oh.
Speaker 2: People, Oh it's the number one game, best game of the year. That's the one. No game better than that one. I guarantee you that's what it would be. That's what the narrative would be.
Speaker 3: Now, there are those who would think, and I'm one of them, that NBC, for instance, would not want that game booked that late because they would look at the Jags and say, oh, oh, this is flex City. I don't trust them, right, right, But look, you could have that happen with any team. Yes, but the Jags are not exactly bad team rating proof right if you have the Cowboys booked late in the season, I got the Cowboys. Even if they stink, I'm gonna get viewers because people like to watch them stink.
Speaker 1: That's right. I like it.
Speaker 3: The Monday night football schedule is not the sexiest schedule. Usually it's Sunday Night, and I think Amazon has actually moved ahead of Monday Night.
Speaker 1: I think you're right.
Speaker 3: Even though the league owns ten percent of ESPN and disney O's ESPN and they've always paid more money than NBC, it didn't matter. The Sunday night game was going to be the one. But the Thursday night game, which used to stink, now is really beefy because Amazon has backed up the truck full of cash and they want good games on a Thursday game.
Speaker 1: So I could see it happening.
Speaker 2: So Week fifteen, Jaguars Monday Night football. Week sixteen in a nooner. Now again, remember two years ago a nooner against the titan lead.
Speaker 1: The season you lost lost. But last year Week.
Speaker 2: Sixteen, Tennessee at home, I like it then Week seventeen.
Speaker 3: By the way, last year they're really tight game. We always point that out, yea.
Speaker 1: You know, like I was doing my YouTube of Palooza.
Speaker 2: That was the very next thing to come up was our final drive and got a little dicey. I'm telling you of all the plays all year and I and we ranked him and talked about him. That's that's throw from Davis Mills is one of the great throws ever Daryl Baker. They're playing cover to Daryl Baker. The corner misses it by literally two inches.
Speaker 1: And Nico two inches brilliance makes the catch. I mean he gets both feed don.
Speaker 3: This is a great throw that only a great receiver can catch, really, or a receiver just playing out of his mind who's not as great.
Speaker 1: And he had a great game.
Speaker 3: He had a great game, a great catch, excellent throw, good coverage.
Speaker 1: What can you say if you're them, even you have to say, well, what are you going to do?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And I had a good draft choice. It was just awesome to watch. It showed a slow motion.
Speaker 2: You could see the bench there bench reacting to it like, oh no, I remember that.
Speaker 1: A couple like no, no catch, and then they were like oh, well, their bench is right in front of our broadcast position. The booth is a little low, and I remember thinking, is this Oh.
Speaker 2: I remember, I remember, I remember distinctly when I've listened to that call. I remember you're waiting, You're waiting to see because you can't you can't.
Speaker 1: See his body. I'm all the way over so I can't see.
Speaker 3: It looked like it, but it's like a Hopkins catch in that his body lean is so far. I mean, he's catching that thing two three yards out of bounds, but with the feet down, drags that toe and that's the only place you could put that throw.
Speaker 1: In that and it was so good.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: Second last week of the year, Week seventeen at the Cleveland Browns. Now, I make the schedule as tough as possible for everybody. And who is gonna hate a Week seventeen game in late December early January in Cleveland, your truly?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yeah, that's hard for you.
Speaker 3: It's also hard for the Texans if the Browns defense is up to the challenge, because the Browns held the Steelers to six in their place last year. The Browns beat the Packers in their places last year by the lake, the wind the cold. Ye, this could be Deshaun Watson C. J.
Speaker 1: Stroud.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, thirteen twelve could be twelve degrees with wind out of the northwest.
Speaker 1: Twenty per hour. Thirteen twelve, it's gonna be like nine to seven. Yeah, this could be nasty.
Speaker 3: And then and the Brown's probably dead for everything at that point postseason wise. But so what, Maybe you got to go in there and go cold weather and come out with the wins.
Speaker 1: Right, get you ready for the playoffs.
Speaker 3: But you know what, Johnny, if that game you could play be playing in Green Bay that week, You could be in Philly that week. You could be in Pittsburgh that week. You could be in Washington that week. It could be cool.
Speaker 1: It could also be in La that like we were last year.
Speaker 2: We K eighteen, We close at home against the Horseshoe.
Speaker 1: Nap. You gotta do it. You gotta do it.
Speaker 3: Although I think this year, if the league is thinking AFC South title, they would put us in the Jags in the last game.
Speaker 1: Of the year. Yep, they would do it.
Speaker 3: Might not work out that way, maybe the Colts are better, but I like it either way. I do like opening with Tennessee like you have in your mock schedule, and I like closing with the Colts, but I could see the league going for the Jags late.
Speaker 2: I could flip week fifteen and eighteen and put Indianapolis in week eighteen. I'm sorry, Innapolis in week fifteen and put the Jags in Week eighteen. Man Jags Jags Texans at home for maybe THEFC South title.
Speaker 1: I mean that would wow.
Speaker 3: I think that when you're a good team like the Texans are. How many prime time is this?
Speaker 2: By the way, So Thursday night against the Giants, Sunday night against the Bills, Monday night against the Cowboys, Sunday night against the Ravens, Monday night against the Jags.
Speaker 1: So too, five five, well five plus London.
Speaker 3: But you took us out of that late season Saturday Sunday swadd.
Speaker 1: Figure we did last year. I wasn't gonna put us back.
Speaker 3: You have it in week eighteen, no matter what, because that that could be settled any which way they want. However, week seventeen, like last year, you had that possibility and it ended up you were penciled in for Saturday. It was heavy pencil, but you could have been moved out of there. Could if they wanted.
Speaker 2: You to, but they had a I mean we were what we were ten and five, they were eleven and four. I was watching that game again today, A lot of time watching us so last last few days. So that is your mock schedule, real fast Week one at Tennessee, Week two at Washington, Week three, Thursday Night Football against the g Man, Week four at Pittsburgh, Week five, Sunday Night FOOTBA against the Bills, Week six, London, Jags Week seven by eight home since the nine at Indy Week ten, Dallas on Monday Night. Week eleven, Philly week twelve, Green Bay, both those on the road, Week thirteen, the Ravens on Sunday Night football, Week fourteen at the Chargers, and then we closed with three out of four at home Week fifteen, the Jags on Monday Night football, Week sixteen, the Titans week seventeen at Cleveland. Week eighteen the Colts at home. And that is my mock schedule for the twenty sixth season. Keep in mind the full schedule will be announced at seven o'clock on NFL Network. Now, we are also digging into some things that we believe we think that might give an opportunity on Thursday.
Speaker 1: But we'll see.
Speaker 2: We're not gonna kind of put the cart in front of the horse here, but we might. We're looking for some information. Yeah, so we might be able to do some things live. On Thursday, we'll see the International Games will be announced eight o'clock Central time. So is Nerding on NFL correct? Will we play the Jaguars at Wembley on Sunday, Actober eighteenth? We will find out Wednesday, the day before the full schedule is released. We will get to see whether that is correct, that the Texans take on the Jaguars. There are only two possibilities for the Texans to play in nationally Jaguars commanders. Both of them would be at London, either Tottenham or Wembley. We will see, uh, but that will be announced Wednesday. We're getting ever so close to that, all right. It was rookie mini camp this past weekend. Got a little Texans audio juke box, a little de Beeka, Ryan's, a little Keelon Rutledge, a little kayten McDonald.
Speaker 1: Very confident about what that young man can do in year one.
Speaker 2: We'll have all that for you next right here on Texans All access'sping, everybody. Welcome back, Texans All access on this wonderful Monday evening, John Harris Football and only a sideline reporter for your Houston Texans and a small piece of news. The Texans have signed the guy who was a tryout player this past week, Evan Hall. Now, and that name does sound familiar than you're a football nerd like me. But Evan Hall was at Northwestern, played for the Colts for a little bit. Was a draft pick of the Colts. Chris Ballard drafted him two three years ago. He tried out. I like his look, kind of thick, strong, stocky looking guy that can do something. So he joins the roster at running back to along with Noah Whittington, Josh Pittzenburger.
Speaker 1: Both those three or all three of those guys were at.
Speaker 2: The Rookie Minty camp this weekend in addition to what the Texans already have on hand to Dave Montgomery and what he marks Juar Jordan and British Brooks. So bringing another guy to the party at running back, Evan Hall now officially a signed Texan. Okay, the man who leads these Texans on the field is head coach Demiko Ryans. Here is what it sounded like when he stood up and talked to the media and he started with a question about culture.
Speaker 5: Our culture here is sent so I don't have to say much on it, and I still have to make sure I teach our rookies what.
Speaker 4: That looks like.
Speaker 5: A lot of guys coming from a lot of different places all over the country, a lot of different schools. We do things a lot of different ways, so we just have to let them know how we do it here in Houston may be a little different. We believe in what we do here. We think it works. We build it around the people, and that's what you'll notice about the draft class and the guys and when you talk to them, like it's built on really high character guys. Starting you know with Rutledge, he's just a really great guy. Loves football right, He's ready to put on pass today, so I have to have to slow him down. But it's exciting to work with these guys, exciting to see them and my main message for these guys, it's not about coming out of being perfect today.
Speaker 4: I just want to see how they progress the next day.
Speaker 6: Do you want to see them take away for these few days that they're here classroom.
Speaker 5: On the field, The main thing I want to see our rookies come away with is the sense of urgency that we have here like they're behind. Unfortunately it's great you get drafted, got a lot of parties, a lot of who but you're behind. Our events have already begun working out and you have to catch up.
Speaker 4: You got to play catch up and it's gonna be a lot of catching up to do.
Speaker 5: So I want them to feel that sense of urgency and I want them to just.
Speaker 4: Also get understand and learn the guys that they're working with.
Speaker 5: So you know, ask them to sit with someone different each day, communicate with someone different, learn something about you know, their teammates, the quicker we can earn that connection and get that connection and buy end. I think it helps them along this process of a long rookie season.
Speaker 6: Funner situation, what are some things that you break across? Saw and jack did that?
Speaker 4: Than you want to bring him in And.
Speaker 5: For jack Man, we saw a guy who's been very consistent. He has a very strong leg, does a good job of booting the ball, had a really good first day today. Just you can hear the ball coming off of his foot. That's the thing that stood out by the day so having that healthy competition is only gonna make make that position better. Right when it comes to the punter position, we got kyks do it in the league, and now adding Jack is going to be really healthy competition.
Speaker 4: Come through training camp.
Speaker 7: Their enthusiasm, what you saw in their eyes before they hit the field, you talked about wanted to put on bed.
Speaker 5: And for our rookies, you talk about the excitement our yesterday is walking through the halls. The first guy I saw was for Betchy and just seeing him, big smile on his face, gave me a big hug, strong guy, stronger than I thought. It almost knocked me down, but it was you feel that excitement. He's excited to be here. We're excited to have the guys here.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 5: The cool part about these rookie meetings, everybody in my meetings, everybody's sitting on the front row, just starting to meet. Is everybody sitting on the front row, notebook out, eyes up, attendive. And I always remember that picture, and I tell you, guys, man, remember where you're sitting. Remember how locked in you are. That's how you should always be throughout your entire career. That helps you to become a really good pro So I'm that's excited to see these guys not only show up with that kind of enthusiasm, but understand that here in Houston, that's what our culture is built around, enthusiasm. So let's continue to have that enthusiasm through those hot days of training camp that are coming as well.
Speaker 8: With rookies, you know, I think obviously the biggest learning adjustment for them is more on the mental side. So when it comes to you, you're talking about learning and things of that nature, what do you think is the biggest difference for them learning and veem to apply it and the people that try to learn it but fail to at times or struggle to apply it within it is sometimes the biggest difference is slash hold up in the application on the field, And.
Speaker 5: The biggest difference when it comes to learning, it starts with us as coaches.
Speaker 4: As a coach, I have.
Speaker 5: To figure out how do my guys learn best, and that comes from spending time with the guys doing trying different techniques in your meeting rooms. Most importantly, I think you learn by actually doing it, and that's for all of us. You get better by actually doing and so for us, you not only spend time in a meeting room, but we want to make sure our meetings are not too long to extend extensive. We want our guys to be able to get up, move around and actually walk through the fundamentals, the techniques, the things that we're asking them to do. We want them to actually walk through it. And that's how guys learn best. So as much as we can put them through those situations at a slow pace and then gradually speed it up, that's when you can see retention. The retention ratepe it really pick up.
Speaker 4: This is in college football.
Speaker 6: How much do you feel like you watch him and say, hey, you know this can really translates to our run stopping and what we want to do to club up the middle.
Speaker 5: And what I liked about Caden from his tape at Ohio State was the physicality.
Speaker 4: It shows up right when he's across.
Speaker 5: The line from an offensive lineman, no matter who it was, he was knocking those guys back in the backfield. That translates to Houston Texans defense. We want to knock guys back. He does that, and he's still a very young player who has so much room to grow, so much room to a sin, but it starts right here today. You see him in his individual drills. He has the power. We can win with that type of power.
Speaker 9: What's it like for you?
Speaker 10: And I'm assuming you obviously liked him throughout the process, y'all make the first round selection, and then y'all go into day two and.
Speaker 4: Y'all end up getting him. What is that like it?
Speaker 10: Do you attack the next day like we gotta get this guy. Do you kind of regather and say, this is our guy? What is that like when obviously you didn't select him with the first but you ended up getting him the next day.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Each day, as we go throughout the draft process, Nick and myself we get together and we set our game plan for the day, and it helped by having a pick high in the second round where we can position ourselves in a spot to where we see a player that we value that we had really high on our board and he's still sitting there on day two. So let's find a way to get the guy on our team. We like Caden. We visited with him on a thirty visit. We really really liked the tape, We liked the visits. So man, if we added this guy to our team, we knew he would be an impact player for us. So we found a way to do that, and that starts with Nick and his preparation and knowing, you know, the needs of other teams, knowing how the board is probably gonna fall, and him making the moves that we need to make to go get guys that we really want.
Speaker 7: What did you like about How do you feel like he could potentially infinity to this team?
Speaker 5: What I liked about Marlin is you see a big guy Marlin's Of course, everyone knows his story, right, kids from Germany.
Speaker 4: I came here at fifteen, and he's been.
Speaker 5: Through a lot, and he's overcome a lot, right, And to see this kid grow into the football player that he's become at the University of Michigan. Strong at the edge of the line of scrimmage, does a good job blocking, sustaining blocks, running his feet, and you know it didn't show up a time of when you see it. I feel like he can be a dynamic player in the passing game, big, tall target, good hands to catch the ball. So he just wanted to continue to work with him to develop him. He's still a young player, and our coach has done a great job already, right, Kaylee and James done a great job working with him today and its individual drills.
Speaker 6: What's your message to the guys as they leave from this weekend in terms of until they come back for the next Thay.
Speaker 5: Yeah, As our guys leave for the weekend, the first and most important thing is make sure you.
Speaker 4: Contact your mother.
Speaker 5: Make sure we understand his Mother's Day is coming up on Sunday, so make sure you know they show some love to their mom. That's the most important thing. But then the football aspected things who want to make sure they're taking care of their bodies, they're recovering the right way, you know. There they have to get back in with our veterans come Unday and they're expected to fall right in line and get into the drills with those guys. So it's it's going to be a very quick process for them a short weekend, but we're gonna make sure we take care of them the proper way. And as coaches, we have to be conscious of how we're loading these guys from. You know, they haven't probably done as much football, so we got to make sure we're conscious of their loading and make sure we get them prepared when it comes to our OTAs.
Speaker 9: We're gonna have number fifty nine plus Senus that you didn't.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I gotta work fifty nine like you didn't plus Sixenius.
Speaker 9: Yet what you like by Aden Fisher?
Speaker 4: Why came from Indiana?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 4: What I liked about Aida and Fisher? Indiana.
Speaker 5: You put on the tape and you instantly see a guy who is a great communicator. You see him point in, you see him talking, directing traffic and something that you don't see a lot you know in college football. But you see a guy he knows the safety rotation. You can see a guy who's very sharp. He understands the entire defense and how the puzzle fits together. So really smart football player all American made a ton of plays there in Indiana to lead them to a national championship. So I'm excited to add another tough, smart, dependable football player to our team.
Speaker 2: One of those tough, smart, dependable players, Keelan Rutledge, the first round pick, also met with the media. Now he's not as boisterous, I guess it's the right word to say as Debiko ryans.
Speaker 1: But it's fun to hear from the first round pick Keelan Rutledge.
Speaker 7: Right here, Keiler, what kind of processes you made working at it center and how difficult is that position to put in the work at the NFL level and taposition.
Speaker 9: I mean anything coming to the NFL is gonna be more challenging, right, I mean, better players, scheme is gonna be more, It's gonna be different, It's gonna be more. But I mean, I was, you know, coach, keep preparing me. Well, I'm always always knowing conceptually what everybody was doing up front at Georgia Tech, and obviously got snaps there at practice and did it with the Senior Bowl. So I'm very confident in playing anywhere up there. Just whatever they need me to playoff play.
Speaker 7: How what important the center is in this offense and how they want to make sure that they don't put too much on the plate initially the mental the physical aspect of the position. How do you kind of weigh that and how have you felt like they've done a good job kind of quitting but enough you put not.
Speaker 4: Too much when you play?
Speaker 9: Yeah, I mean I think you're weighing the same right because you know you could block the guy, but if you don't go the right way, it don't matter, right, And then if you go know to go the right way, but you don't block the guy. What is it doing for you?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 9: So I think they're they're equal. That's any position up front. I think you know, a good offensive lineman knows what everybody's doing. So I think that's the way I kind of look at it.
Speaker 6: What was like just to kind of take some of these first steps of their first prayers?
Speaker 9: Yeah, heck yeah, just first and foremost a blessing to be out here, right like you dream of your whole life to work to this point, and that's what you want to do. And then yeah, I mean, you know, as offensive lining, you won't put the paths on, right Uh, Obviously you get out there and there's so much technique. I gotta learn so much I gotta catch up on and I'm gonna continue to do that and we're learning that now. But I mean it gets real when you put the paths on. But these details now really matter.
Speaker 10: You got other offensive linemen kind of trying to show you the way or give.
Speaker 4: You any advice, given you the dance.
Speaker 9: I mean, yeah, they've they've they've you know, introduced yourselves and stuff like that. They're kind of doing their own thing right now. And I just got it in yesterday. But sure they've they've definitely made some touch points and welcomed me and stuff like that.
Speaker 10: Coach popping at surely and early imprecious.
Speaker 9: Yeah, he's all ball, all ball, all nonsense kind of guy, just the way I like it. I mean, I want to I want him to coach me hard, I want him to hold me accountable, and I will to work together to go win some football games.
Speaker 4: It's the biggest thing you learned today.
Speaker 9: I mean just so much, right, like so much. You know football football, right, you got his own skin, you got a gap scheme, all that stuff's so similar. But just the way you're attacking techniques is way different. And you know, certain coach wants in a certain way. So that's probably the biggest adjustment to do it the Houston Texans way how coach Pop wants it done.
Speaker 4: So that's what I'm trying to do. Speaking to take me.
Speaker 6: Too, what are some of the things that you feel like when you watch when you watch you on film?
Speaker 4: As far as.
Speaker 6: NFL offensive linement in general, concern the difference between college pass blocking and pros pass.
Speaker 9: Blocking, I think just you know, leverage. I think that's a lot of things. Like in college, you know, you can get your hands up high and you're probably bigger and stronger and you can get the job done. You know, in this league, you get your hands out, you're gonna put on your back right. So I think that's that's the biggest adjustment, and you you know that technique in those details, that's what makes the good players a good players.
Speaker 6: A little bit that that she got about him and the first mount.
Speaker 4: Uh, I mean not really.
Speaker 9: Obviously we went through the process together, saw him here, saw him there, But as soon as he got drafted, just reached out to him and you know, talked to him since he's been remain's a good dude, wired the right way, really good ball player. So I'm so excited to get there and just get to work with him. Not really, I mean they had crossover tape one or two games just him playing at Oklahoma, saw up, saw him play.
Speaker 4: He played right guard.
Speaker 9: I played right guard, so but not not too much.
Speaker 1: When is the humility that you have come from?
Speaker 9: I mean, I think it's just my upbringing, just how I was raised, just the faith I have, Like a lot, a lot of things gotta go right for you to be, you know, to put it on the pads and play in the NFL. Right, it's not just god given talent, it's work. It's people that poured into you. So you gotta be you know, you gotta be great fun on for just all the many blesses you have to even put this jersey on and.
Speaker 4: Where everybody you go talks about your drive?
Speaker 6: What what what drive?
Speaker 4: I mean not you're driving your mindset? What drives you think?
Speaker 9: He points to a lot of things. I think, first and foremost faith, It's rooted there. So I can go out and just perform how I want to perform. Pallas raised didn't grow up, you know, maybe the best situation so always football was a way out right, Football was outlet just pour poured all my passion, all my blood, sweat and tears into it.
Speaker 4: So I just love it.
Speaker 9: And you know, if you love the game, anybody that really loves the game, they're gonna be passionate and they're gonna do anything for it. So I just love getting out on the grass and play.
Speaker 1: It's a great stuff there.
Speaker 2: From Keelan Rutledge and of course head coach you or Houston Texans Demiko Ryans, all right, we get back. We got some news around the NFL, including the Cowboys have an opponent for Week one and it's not the Texans.
Speaker 1: It's a familiar one. Well that next on Texas All Access Except Everybody one.
Speaker 2: Final segment, Shorty here to finish up our money editiative, Texans All Access from them a Texan's radio studio. Hope you enjoyed my Johnny mock Foe twenty twenty six schedule. Thanks pretty good. I put a lot of thought into it and.
Speaker 1: The channeled a lot of different years into it.
Speaker 2: So make sure you check out our podcast, Houston Technist Texans dot com for what we came up with. Now, no news but the piece that hey god, everybody talking this weekend. Nerding on NFL says Texans will play in London on Week six Jaguars Wembley Stadium, So.
Speaker 1: We'll see if that's true.
Speaker 2: But the International Games will be announced Wednesday at eight am our time. Full schedule announced at seven on Thursday, So Wednesday Thursday, make sure you got it right and then we will go from there for the twenty twenty six season. Appreciate you guys so much. We'll see next time, and as always, go Texans,