Speaker 1: The second date of date, we got an email that was kind of vague from a guy named Adam who says he went on a Sunday patio date. It lasted a little over an hour, they did not leave at the same time, and she ran out.
Speaker 2: Oh that's not a good sign.
Speaker 3: Again, I'm not sure what that all means.
Speaker 1: That's all I know, but it leads me to conclude that he probably flashed her at the end of the meal and that's what caused her to run.
Speaker 2: I was thinking she had food poisoning.
Speaker 3: Well, I only say that because that's what happened to me.
Speaker 2: Three times someone flashed you know.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry. I mean I did that to other people three times and they.
Speaker 4: Ran out of you.
Speaker 2: So have you been arrested yet?
Speaker 3: No, I'm very fast, so.
Speaker 1: Adam, Am, I close with my guests there.
Speaker 5: No, that is the right.
Speaker 4: Answer, Adam.
Speaker 2: I'm glad you're direct with that. Adam.
Speaker 1: Well, you tell me the story, then, let's at the beginning. What's this girl's name.
Speaker 5: Her name's Jessica.
Speaker 2: Okay, you guys met on a dating app. I'm just assuming, yes, we met on Tinder.
Speaker 3: Okay, Okay, what else do you assume?
Speaker 6: Brooke I don't know that it was his idea to go on a patio date. By patio, I'm guessing you mean like at a restaurant, right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, we met at a restaurant. It was a Sunday. It was like close to noon.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, on the Lord's Day.
Speaker 5: No, we didn't doot brunch. We did beer in pizza.
Speaker 6: Actually, oh all right, that's early early right, Yeah that's not really okay.
Speaker 3: Okay, tell us all about it. How did it go?
Speaker 5: Well, that's I'm not quite sure because well that's not good. Yeah. I need your guys opinion on this because I was talking with my roommate about it. He thinks it was a scam.
Speaker 3: What Yeah, you were scamming her. She was scamming you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, she was scamming me.
Speaker 6: Okay, wait, so start from the beginning. Did everything seem normal when you showed up.
Speaker 2: To the date.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, everything seemed fine. I showed up. I was there first, and then she came in and I recognized her immediately.
Speaker 2: Okay, so she looks like her picture.
Speaker 5: Yeah, she actually looked better than her picture. Oh yeah, So when she walked in, I noticed she was carrying a laptop back.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, maybe she was going later to work or something.
Speaker 5: Well, hang on to that because it comes back in a little bit later. So I give her a hug, and we sit down and order our food and our beer, and we're having sort of like normal small talk conversation, like the getting to know you out of.
Speaker 3: The way, what do you do for work? What's your Social Security number?
Speaker 7: All the.
Speaker 5: Well, on my profile it says I work in it. And she brought that up. She goes, well, you work in it, right, And I'm like yeah. She goes, well, I have my laptop here. No, I've been having problems.
Speaker 6: No, She's like finding dates on tender to fix things.
Speaker 2: Do you think that that's what she was doing.
Speaker 5: I don't think so, don't I don't think so. No, because like we're sitting there talking to me entire time, and we're still getting to know each other.
Speaker 2: While you're working on her computer at this point.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Yeah, for basically like the next hour, I was working on her computer while.
Speaker 1: We were Okay, so you but you were drinking No?
Speaker 6: No, yeah, I mean it'd be one thing if during the day he said it.
Speaker 2: They talk about it and she's like, oh my god, my computer at home I'll bring it next time.
Speaker 6: Totally, this is she shows up expecting him to do something.
Speaker 3: Brook.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to jump to any conclusions here until they hear the very.
Speaker 2: End of this, Okay.
Speaker 3: Sometimes things just work out in the way you told us.
Speaker 2: She ran away right at the beginning. So, and your friend's the skin.
Speaker 3: Did she leave her computer when she ran away? We don't know all the details.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well you go.
Speaker 5: Well, no, So I finished working on her computer and I got it to work like a little bit. But I told her, I was like, you know, it's not quite six percent. You can probably do some things on it, but you should go get it looked at by somebody.
Speaker 2: Else, Okay.
Speaker 5: And so I gave it back to her, and then she put it back in her bag, and then she just said she had to leave. She said, I gotta go. I got to head out. She was like in a hurry, and it looked like she was busy or something. And the way I'm looking at it is just maybe she didn't plan on spending the entire hour there. Maybe she had other plans going on.
Speaker 2: Well, like you held her up staying on her computer too long.
Speaker 5: That's kind of the way that I feel is that I was. I was keeping her occupied.
Speaker 6: Okay, she sounds super kind and nice.
Speaker 2: I will say that.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, But there's some unanswered questions here, like who ate the pizza?
Speaker 3: And we drank the beer?
Speaker 5: I got like one piece.
Speaker 2: Okay, and who paid for it?
Speaker 5: I did? I didn't drink any.
Speaker 4: A sober pizza day that you paid for her? Do you want to call her back?
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's a good question. Is why why would you want to get a hold of her?
Speaker 4: Again?
Speaker 5: Well, I talked to my roommate about this and he sort of put this bug in my ear that it's a scam, and I don't think it is, but I need confirmation.
Speaker 4: Okay, Okay, even if you can't get a date, you just want really like, what's the main reason? Truth?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I hear that you guys do this all the time. And if you can get something out of her, that would answer my question and then I can go on with my life.
Speaker 2: You know, maybe it's not a scam. Maybe we're being cynical. Maybe yeah, maybe.
Speaker 4: You're just really ugly.
Speaker 8: Well I'm giving other reasons, yeah, like she's just not interested, no.
Speaker 3: Kinder, Hopefully I'm not ugly.
Speaker 5: I'm a decent looking dudel.
Speaker 4: The bottom of it.
Speaker 1: That is what unattractive people do say.
Speaker 3: But I believe it. Man.
Speaker 5: You know, I've seen your pictures online and I really can't say the same thing.
Speaker 3: At least we agree on that, absolutely.
Speaker 1: I'm very How about we take a quick break and then when we come back this whole room full of agos, we'll call your guests and we'll try and get you another or at least a concrete answer on what's really going on when we do your second ate update next.
Speaker 3: Would a woman ever try to purposefully take.
Speaker 1: Advantage of a man's kindness by pretending to be interested in him just to use him for something that sounds awful?
Speaker 6: It sounds great, Yeah, it's.
Speaker 2: Very nice, very nice.
Speaker 3: I need to know.
Speaker 8: Where everybody stands in this room, because Alexis it sounds like you're pretty sure this was a scam from the very beginning. Obviously, obviously you seem pretty convinced too, Broke, Why is it?
Speaker 3: Why do you think you're so sure that this is all like a setup?
Speaker 6: Because she called and found out how much it was going to cost to get it fixed at a shop, and so she's like, I got a better idea. I mean, he advertised that he was it on his dating profile.
Speaker 3: So anyone that's like being financially said that's.
Speaker 2: Immediately are good to scam.
Speaker 6: Say, I just think I don't endorse what she did. I think it sucks, but I think that's exactly what happened.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well the whole the whole thing that happened, if you missed it, is our listener. Adam met Jessica on Tinder and they had a patio, beer and pizza date thing plan where ultimately he ended up just fixing her laptop the entire time because she brought it along with her.
Speaker 6: He didn't even get a beer, Like, she didn't even buy him a beer, fixing her.
Speaker 2: Laptop, slice of pizza he paid for.
Speaker 3: And got the laptop working.
Speaker 1: Then she grabbed it and said how sweet he was really quick before running off. Oh man, we're gonna find out what's really going on here, Adam. How are you feeling, man.
Speaker 5: I'm feeling okay. I just I just want to make sure if it was a scam, like, why did she do this?
Speaker 6: Well, and it'd be good for you to know so you could prevent it in the future, right.
Speaker 5: Right, But but but if she does like me, I would like to see her again and not have to fix her lap talk.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, I mean that was an hour racing. You guys could have been talking.
Speaker 6: Maybe I can set up gonna have other brocks.
Speaker 1: I'm hopeful for you, even if nobody else in the room is Okay, I'm hopeful.
Speaker 5: Bro Thank you. Yeah, let's put some positive vibes.
Speaker 3: Let's give you a call. Here we go. Hello, Hey, we're looking for Jessica.
Speaker 7: Yeah, this is Jessica.
Speaker 1: Hey, Jessica. You're on a morning radio show right now called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 9: Hi.
Speaker 3: Hi, Hey, this whole.
Speaker 1: Room full of us here, and we're really hoping that you can help us solve kind of a little mystery.
Speaker 3: That's going on.
Speaker 1: Okay, because the other day you went out on a date with one of our listeners named Adam.
Speaker 7: Oh, oh god, oh God. When you said mystery, I thought this was going to be something else. I didn't think this would involve me.
Speaker 4: Oh no, you're in the center of this mission.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, the reason why it involves you is because Adam told us about the day that you two hung out, and from what we heard, it did sound a little bit sketchy about how things played out.
Speaker 3: Oh is that fair to say?
Speaker 7: Did he tell you about it? I? What is this?
Speaker 3: He did tell us? This is called a second date update.
Speaker 1: So the details that we heard were that you met up for some pizza and beer at this patio thing. Yeah, and that you asked him to fix your laptop.
Speaker 6: And he was so earnest, like he just is real hopeful that you really were interested in him. He sounds really nice and kind, so.
Speaker 1: It really helped him get some closure because he's been really bothered by what happened. He hasn't heard from you at all since then, right.
Speaker 2: And you just like left.
Speaker 7: I don't really want to say, but if I'm being one hundred honest, I got food poisoning.
Speaker 4: Really, God, come on, you predict what you said?
Speaker 6: Literally within two bites of a food, you get food poisoning.
Speaker 3: She ate the whole pizza.
Speaker 4: Hold on, food poison could have been from the night before.
Speaker 3: Guys, wait, sorry, what happened?
Speaker 9: So?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm serious. Actually we just went out two days ago so quick. I literally have been in bed since then. And yeah, I kind of ate a lot of pizza, so I was feeling sick from that.
Speaker 6: And hold on, are you just saying this because Jeffrey said, I mean like you opened it up. Jeffrey said, well, what happens sounded kind of sketchy, Like I understand if you're defensive right now, but were you just looking for somebody to fix your laptop?
Speaker 7: I know it sounds like I'm lying, And honestly, if I heard him describe the date, I'm sure it would tell him like I scammed him or something. But I'm not lying.
Speaker 6: But here's here's here's the thing. Like you didn't even thank him for fixing your laptop.
Speaker 2: You didn't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the bringing the laptop to the date was the part that was a little bit strange.
Speaker 3: It's weird.
Speaker 4: I don't read my laptop a lot of places.
Speaker 7: I was coming home from work, so I had my laptop with on Sunday morning. Yeah, I work on weekends.
Speaker 6: Okay, she works overnight on her laptop.
Speaker 3: People have different schedules.
Speaker 2: Yeah, j okay, what else?
Speaker 7: Just well, so, yeah, I was coming from work, I had my laptop with me. We were chatting. I told him that I lost a bunch of work materials suddenly and I didn't know what was up, and he offered to help. He was very nice. He was very selfless and I actually would like to see him again.
Speaker 9: So this is a big relief to us, but it's probably especially a huge relief to Adam, who I need to tell you, Jessica has been listening on the other line this entire time.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I just I just want everybody to know that I told you I didn't think it was a scam, and I'm just glad that it's not a scam. You got it, bro You were right, Brook, Brooke, you need to let up on her.
Speaker 3: Brook. Don't you feel bad, don't you You don't feel guilty.
Speaker 2: Jessica, it is just still hard to believe, you know.
Speaker 5: Hang oh well, Brooke, hang on there, all right, Just take it easy. You're steeling a lot of negativity over there, and we don't need that kind of negativity over the air.
Speaker 3: That's pretty for the course.
Speaker 6: And you know what, if you like it, Adam, and that's the excuse that you like that's great.
Speaker 3: If you like it, you're into that. It's very patronizing, Brook, I.
Speaker 4: Mean someone's going to fall for the scam.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Jessica, I don't normally throw my co host under the bus on this show. She was one hundred percent certain that you were a terrible person looking to take advantage of a nice man for his kindness.
Speaker 3: Kind of. It takes one to know one sort of situation.
Speaker 1: You recognized evil right away.
Speaker 3: That was Jessica.
Speaker 7: You know what, it's people like you actually who make rush judgments like that that make the world the worst place.
Speaker 3: Jessica where so like?
Speaker 2: Does that check out for you, Adam? That she works till Sunday around.
Speaker 3: Do you hear her laughing at you?
Speaker 4: She talks to seven am and went right for her claptop.
Speaker 8: Does it have a work it to help fix her work laptop?
Speaker 1: Can you believe that you called into this group of people for help and now they're bashing you and your potential future?
Speaker 6: Adam and Adam, Adam, I'm asking if that all checks out for you.
Speaker 5: You know what doesn't check out for me is the shame that you're bringing for the show, right we'll.
Speaker 2: Send This is why I can't stand up for men. I'm trying to protect you, Adam, to shield you.
Speaker 3: By calling his woman a terrible person.
Speaker 7: I am a good person and he's a good person.
Speaker 5: And I don't know who.
Speaker 7: Made you like this, but you cannot stop us from being together.
Speaker 6: Is that that means you're so excited for the next date, right, She.
Speaker 7: Said that, yeah, you know what, I am excited about it as long as you're not involved in it.
Speaker 1: Okay, that case, let's really rub it in Brook's face and send the two of you out on a second date. You guys can take a photo together and we'll post it on the Brook and Jeffrey website over Brooks face on the website. She hates love notoriously not a fan of couples getting together, talking about and honestly, apparently, what do you say, Jessica, Let's stick it to Brooks say.
Speaker 6: Yes, yes, I feel like you guys are gonna end up a thirty year marriage just to spite me, as long as.
Speaker 3: Adam also agrees to go on this date.
Speaker 5: Adam is still in absolutely Oh my gosh.
Speaker 6: I mean, sometimes all it takes is a common enemy, and if that's what I need to
Speaker 3: Be brooking Jeffrey in the morning,