Speaker 1: All right, Man, Boulet Cap Podcast special guests in here, Coyote here.
Speaker 2: Cracking.
Speaker 1: Are you guys coyote for hire officially? Now?
Speaker 3: I think so, Man, because you become for googling, well for listen, for Google reasons.
Speaker 1: I feel like when I Google coyote a lot of other things, like as you know, the search engine optimization, that's your purposes only. I feel like you guys should go with the coyote for higher h.
Speaker 4: I feel like people knows for that. People shout us out for that, and we don't shot away from it. Our record label is Coyote for Hire. But we're still Coyote. You know why we're still Coyote because I heard Pitbull say.
Speaker 2: Some real shit.
Speaker 4: He was like, you know what, I know I made it when pit Bull came above the and the dog when he when you.
Speaker 1: Google, that's true, you know what that's true?
Speaker 5: So you guys at least can see what hey, when you google pit Bull, the dog don't come up, you guys. You guys have your goal set.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so that's what I was saying. That's finish line. But I like Coyote for a little ring to it, you know what I'm saying? A little abbreviation as well. See four h.
Speaker 1: You can play with that.
Speaker 2: Calls whatever you want. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: People, by the fault, you become your Instagram handle by the fall.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: So but when you look us up on Spotify and ship, it's just Coyote. But the record label that releases all our music is Coyote for Hire, So I think we pop up even though someone try to take that name too. And now artists called Coyote for Hire that pops up on our ship, and I'm trying to fucking figure.
Speaker 3: They might have strate strategically did that to get us to give them some money or something and buy her fucking name back.
Speaker 1: You know what happens a lot.
Speaker 5: They be dropping music too, and they drop music, then they're just fucking they're just biting.
Speaker 3: Yeah exactly. But we'll find them, is what it is. And all the time we'll find you and we'll kill you.
Speaker 4: Allegedly we're Coyote. Coyote man. Two of us are fucking idiots.
Speaker 1: I really like the Yode's.
Speaker 3: I've been trying to push the change Coyote to the Yotis. But you know coyote represents it's two of us, and it represents one of us, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: So, yeah, you guys a few different fucking AKA.
Speaker 2: The thing was like, you know, when you hear Queen, it's like singular.
Speaker 4: I mean it's singular, and it's like all these great Linn Park, Lincoln Park. So it's like when you see him, you see me, when you see me, you see him mob deep Yeah exactly, Well yeah, mob I gus gang stars.
Speaker 1: They didn't call the gang stars exactly. Yeah.
Speaker 3: It fucking irks me when motherfuckers called us the coyotes.
Speaker 1: I'm like, what, don't add an S to it?
Speaker 3: Man, If you're gonna say you're gonna add the s, just say the Yodi's.
Speaker 5: I got to say, I'm super proud of you guys, man, because talking to you a lot about yeah, in the last couple of years, your journey and yeah, checking in everyone you.
Speaker 1: Hated us when you first met us, so you know what I mean, both no, but I with y'all.
Speaker 5: I remember like telling him, like when you guys came out, I was like, man, this dude's got like a fucking sick ass.
Speaker 1: Look like this song just sucks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, shout out the head too, man. He just shouted us out not too long ago. He said, everything we've been doing for the past twelve months is fucking fire.
Speaker 1: You know, bullshit, and you.
Speaker 3: Know it means a lot coming from Head. He's a tough fucking critic, you know what.
Speaker 4: Let me say one thing, bro, when it comes I'm gonna give Kevis flowers when it comes to this Mexican rap shit.
Speaker 2: This anyone talking about Mexicans.
Speaker 4: The only person whoever brings us up in every conversation or at least several that I've heard in the media's keV. In the media spaces bootlet keV. Motherfuckers can't bring up Mexican rappers and keV don't throw our name in there, bro.
Speaker 2: So for that, because Kevin knows what's up. Man.
Speaker 3: You already know he's a true hip hop head and shit. So man, he's always showing us love and you know it's gonna be away.
Speaker 5: You guys are joke, man, And like you know, I always use you guys as an example now because I have like upcoming artists coming up here or they'll be recording in the studio and then like if I walk by the like, hey, you got any game, and I'll be like, man, you know, like at the end of the day, bro, like what you guys are doing with like freestyles and just like yeah, fucking putting up using cap cut and putting your lyrics like you know, like at the end of the day, everybody's got an excuse for why, Well, I don't have a content guy, or I don't have someone to shoot this shit, or I don't have this like bitch, you got an iPhone in your pocket.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: So either you apply yourself enough to figure out how to fucking do shit on your own, because I remember you and I were talking and you're like, Bro, I'll just find a cool spot, you set up the.
Speaker 5: Phone and record, and then I'll edit it and then it's up. And then anytime you guys have ever come on my show, you're very adamant about, like, Yo, send me the raw shit so I can put the lyrics on it, so I can click it up myself.
Speaker 1: And we started that way.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 3: Now, if you're on Instagram, and if now you're go on Instagram, there's a lot of motherfuckers that are doing that little formula that we were doing back then. Now we're switching it up, you know, because you can't. You can't be a fucking a single trick pony and shit. But you know what I mean, we damn near inspired a whole little wave of people.
Speaker 1: Trying to do that formula. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: There's a track record, you can find it. I guarantee if we're not the first, we're one of the first to take that real form just with iPhone, single shot, semi creative and put the lyrics in it, and it started working for us. The thing is when it starts working, then it comes becomes easily duplicated. Sure, and we gave a lot of people the game. A lot of homies were hitting us up. I won't say names like we do my artist elections.
Speaker 2: I remember I was like, bro like, and you should do that because we have eight billion people on the phone.
Speaker 4: Your job is to just find them. So that's why I say getting best for us, when we got best was the best thing that could have ever happened to us because we knew we were those guys. So because we had a chip on our shoulder, we're like, man, fuck that, like We're gonna prove to them we are those guys, and the only way to prove it was to attack the Internet. And because we were on our ass and we couldn't drop music, we just were forced to get creative.
Speaker 5: Well, I want to talk about that because obviously, like I'm very hip to your guys's journey with whatever's going on in the background. But for people who don't know, you know, a lot of people were introduced to you through being.
Speaker 1: Signed to Whack. Yeah, right, shot to Whack. Whack's my guy.
Speaker 5: Give people kind of a breakdown because you guys are currently not with Whack anymore.
Speaker 4: Correct, we are not so whack. Essentially, he found us when we were just an idea. We had just created Coyote, like two months prior, and we shot two videos, which was Viva Mexico and one that never came out, and it got into Wax's hands and he's like, oh, well, it got into a lot of people's hands, a lot of labels, and they were all interested, but of course they wanted to see logistics, what the numbers were like, and they're like, well, it's just an idea, it doesn't exist. Whack liked that it didn't exist, and he's like, fuck it, we'll take you from the ground up. Blah blah blah. So within two months of inception, we were signed to Whack and we were on tour with Blue Face and he put he put his money where his mouth. Us put a check in our in our bank account, first big check as rappers, and that's pretty tight, right yeah. But then twenty twenty happened, So that was late twenty nineteen. Twenty twenty happened. It started off eight we were on tour with Game all over Europe, killing it, you know what I'm saying, And then we come back to the world being shut down, which in turn led to us being benched. And then when we got benched, we kind of just decided to take matters into our own hands and we started moving independently even though we were signed and WAC never stopped it. Soul shut out to him, and then we really stepped on the gas twenty twenty two, and then as of last year, it started gaining a lot of momntums. So naturally he was calling because you know, he put some money in our pocket, and we just made it right with him. We're like, what's your number? He said his number, We gave it to him, and it's all up, bro, he caused the phone. I'll still answer vice versa.
Speaker 1: So you guys, essentially, you guys bought your contract.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, we pretty much brought ourselves out of our contract, you know, just trying to make the business right, because you know, this is a fucking just the music business. So not trying to leave any bad blood or whatever. But we just had to do what was right for us because we were already moving independent. So it was like we might as well be independent, Like why are we still pigeonholding to this you know what I mean, this contract? So you know what I mean, We just had to make it right. We made it right, and now bet on yourself exactly, bet.
Speaker 4: On yourself and shout out to him because he never blocked us when we were because we were releasing on DSPs and all that, and he kind of let us do our thing even when we were contractually.
Speaker 2: On his shine.
Speaker 1: He could have been like, hey, y'all ain't putting that music if it in through one percent.
Speaker 4: So he kept the solid. So when he named his price, we kept the solid right back. And it's still all ve man, but as of twenty twenty four, we've been independent.
Speaker 1: Congratulations man, Thank you man, thank you man.
Speaker 3: And ever since then, man, we've been moving and doing cool shit. And the more shit we do, the more shit happens. So like, fucking like, I'm excited to what the future is going to hold for us, because man, we finally got the ball rolling.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: We're growing every fucking day for sure.
Speaker 5: Give me for people who don't know, Like, obviously you kind of gave us a quick You guys created the group not long ago.
Speaker 1: I mean it's what five years ago?
Speaker 5: Yeah, about five years ago.
Speaker 1: You guys were cutting hair.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, so we own a barbershop on Melrose.
Speaker 1: You guys still got the barbershop.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, yeah, give me the background of like, because because obviously that's kind of crazy, you.
Speaker 1: Know, like, let's rap.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, so, well, we were already rapping before that. We've been in many factions, you know, we've been rapping for a long time.
Speaker 2: Then we met Marcus.
Speaker 4: Black I don't know if you know Black, course, Yeah, and we met him at our Bark relationship Google.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly exactly. One of the sicks in the game for so great guy.
Speaker 4: Pen Game's crazy games are crazy, super crazy. One of the few people that I feel like Drake stole his whole flow and just ran with it.
Speaker 2: I mean a little bit.
Speaker 4: You never heard Marcus Black before Drake, No, not before Drake. He sounds like Drake, except.
Speaker 1: I've heard it. I've heard him obviously, I've heard it ship, you know.
Speaker 4: Like, and there's some little insight that would kind of solidify that, but whatever, I don't know, that's all hear saved, Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: But but he's fucking an animal.
Speaker 4: He's one of the few people that I take his insight when it comes to my bars, if he feels I could have done better.
Speaker 2: So anyways, when he came.
Speaker 4: To our shop, he was the first to really tell us like, hey, you guys are dope, but you don't have no branding. You're not you're not going hard enough. He's like, so, you guys are just dope. But he's like, if I would just being dope enough, And I kind of was like, it kind of irked.
Speaker 2: Me even at the time.
Speaker 4: But then that's when my brother came up with the idea of rebranding, and he came up with Coyote because we were going through something.
Speaker 2: I got all the genius ideas we're going through something personally too that that just makes this guy takes credit for him.
Speaker 4: No, but you know what coyote is right obviously. Yeah, And at the time our pops was deported and Marcus was like, everything I gotta do should be subtly, like with what's going on in your life with like y'all Mexican, that's really all superpower. He's like, so everything down to your names should be even if it's subtle, it should be kind of all time in together for trying to put it put your culture.
Speaker 2: On our back.
Speaker 1: Is your dad back?
Speaker 2: Huh No?
Speaker 1: No, damn.
Speaker 3: Where in Mexico's living. He's in TJ. So he stays close, you know what I'm saying. So we could go over there and go back and forth taking lunch.
Speaker 1: Was at the Dennis last week. I was I had to get my crown reattached. Did you ever go to Lionfish and TJ? I don't know the restaurant in the world. It's like, uh seafood, oh my god, yeah, busting for sure.
Speaker 2: The tackles by his house, all the tagos are fire out there.
Speaker 5: So so he's still in TJ. So he's not far so you know, it's not like at least that's good. How often you guys go back.
Speaker 2: And see him pretty often?
Speaker 1: Now? Yeah? Pretty often?
Speaker 3: Probably like ship every day?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know every day we see him every day?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah Chinese fluid, So Chinese food is great over there.
Speaker 2: But yeah, shout out to my pops.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 4: He he don't even know he was the inspiration for the name, and he used to hate that we rapped, but he's starting to get it.
Speaker 1: Are you, like, do you like show him ship? Like, Dad, Look, we have a song with Shaq.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, like everybody knows who Shack is, Like.
Speaker 3: Like, I mean, I feel like a lot of our family members were like, damn, what the fuck Shaquille Neil, this is really possible, Like y'a already doing this ship And we even have cousins that were artists and stuff, and like we're inspiring them to like get back into it, which is kind of cool to watch, you know, but it's like, you don't want to do this, man, get the fuck out of here.
Speaker 1: It looks better than what it.
Speaker 4: Really is, but it looks better than the feelds we've inspired My dad.
Speaker 2: Did you see the Poto video? So he was the one with Mario Lopez.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we had yeah, yeah, we had his song playing in the beginning, and then we did a real, real form the real ship that we do. We had him playing the guitar, singing a song that he did in one take, which was pretty fucking impressive, and we just, uh, he was singing in front of a campfire with his guitar and we're just chilling to promote that bultchoal rollout and it.
Speaker 1: Came out pretty fire.
Speaker 3: And then once we posted it, he seen he got like fifteen hundred likes or something like that.
Speaker 1: He was.
Speaker 3: He was like, he's like, he was like, wait till I give him that next one. And I'm like, what, ain't no next one?
Speaker 1: Get here? Start your own page.
Speaker 2: But that's gonna be the altro to our album. Is my dad's song.
Speaker 1: Oh that's fire.
Speaker 4: So he did that one take, bro, because I wanted him to sing them I'm throwing it on netas, but.
Speaker 1: He couldn't get it.
Speaker 4: And then I was like, I was like, bro, just give me a song, you know, like the back of your hand, right, And I just pressed record one, took it and you could hear it at the end of the recording and I'm like, that's the one. That's the one, and I just stopped it. He killed it, So it's gonna be we might have him on all of our album as trust Fire.
Speaker 1: I love the video because you guys have like Concrete. Kemp Flores was in here.
Speaker 2: Just trying to incorporate the culture. Man.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 5: By the way, I think Concrete is one of the most ridiculously hilarious human being.
Speaker 3: That fucking you don't even you don't even got to like say anything like this motherfucker just makes facial.
Speaker 5: Express skis have gotten over the years. And then I just saw I never seen him do stand up. I know he's been blowing up doing stand up. He's not doing him for a while. And I saw him the other night at the Haha Club in North Hollywood, and this motherfucker had me leaking out of my face, but I was dead.
Speaker 4: Bro, future Goat go or future Legend. He's already he's gonna do.
Speaker 1: He gotta do movies, bro, like he got to write.
Speaker 3: He's a good actor. We had Kemp Floors on there too. He's fucking.
Speaker 1: To stand up. Yeah, just he's gonna be on the podcast soon.
Speaker 4: I saw you saw he's funny as we're supposed to have him on the video too. With that fool got to Hollywood is blowing up now He's like, man, I go through my agent.
Speaker 1: Really, he just couldn't made Mario Lopez. By the way, what happened?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 3: Just internet fan of a fan. That's what it is, man, the Internet.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: Like I said earlier, Man, you do cool ship and more cool shit fucking happens. And for motherfuckers like me and my bro, you know what I'm saying. First generation Mexican American Mario Lopez was like one of the first guys that we seen, like say, by the bet, I didn't even know he was Mexican. At first, I thought he was like agent or something.
Speaker 1: But then when.
Speaker 3: I found out he was fucking Mexican, all that's pretty cool. Like we have a space here, you know, in Hollywood type ship, and.
Speaker 4: He wrapped us the right way, like motherfucker. You know, always kept making sure he looked good.
Speaker 1: You look good.
Speaker 3: Were usually portrayed as fat, fat ass taco eating motherfucker, and he was like looking good and ship. I don't know what he'd be doing, bro, motherfucker, don't eat no sugar.
Speaker 1: Since I was a kid.
Speaker 4: He was like one of the first proper representations of latinos. So when he reached out to us, like we weren't just gonna let it be like oh, he gave us props. Oh this is cool. So we immediately are our head starts rolling like all right, how.
Speaker 3: Can we and DMUs like, man, you guys are fucking badass. I love what you guys are doing. And we're already thinking like, oh you think we're badass, we'll come out to a video.
Speaker 1: Then.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was like a serious production produced by us too.
Speaker 2: Shout out to Marmos and Yody Productions.
Speaker 1: Are you guys directing all your own ship? Co direct? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Co directing? Damn here you know you.
Speaker 1: Guys got this videos out right now? Yeah you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Yeah, first man, Yeah, we just all get together and just kind of just start throwing things at the wall, spitball in and then like whenever we picked something up, we just start running with it and just start treading idea his back, and so.
Speaker 2: We pretty much pitch it tomorrow.
Speaker 4: We didn't even have a song yet, bro, but we're just like, yo, we got this idea, which was that Western idea I sent them the Desperado You ever seen that esproto of course when Steve he's at the bar and he sang, fucking course the biggest Mexican I ever seen, bro. And then we then we incorporated the Selena's dad in the movie. So I pretty much pitched him the whole fucking bit. It took him like three weeks to respond, but once she responded, he's like, man, I'm fucking in. And what we do with those type of guys him Shack, We pretty much structure the whole shoot around them.
Speaker 1: You kind of have to their availabilities. Whenever you're available, we'll make it work. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he has to do that with me too, Like he has to like structure it around me because I'll be like, yeah, Shack.
Speaker 4: I just tell this motherfucker where to be. But I'm like, this motherfucker's fucking day to day too, Dawn there.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, he gave us a date.
Speaker 4: And then boom, now we're like said, now we need a song because we didn't have a song. We made this song like a week or two before we were already shooting the video.
Speaker 1: Wow. So so that song was recorded after you knew he was down to this.
Speaker 4: We had two potential songs, but we both He wasn't sold on one and I wasn't sold on the other.
Speaker 2: So then I was like, A, then we got to make something else.
Speaker 4: And then last minute we got Magic on it, MC Magic on it, and then you know, we got the whole cast legend, the legend shout up, where are you from?
Speaker 1: Phoenix?
Speaker 2: Phoenix?
Speaker 1: Right there? It is, Yes, my bro, I notice sounds a kid there.
Speaker 3: Were going to tap in with Magic tomorrow. We're flying out the Houston. We're going on the video there headsweek.
Speaker 4: We going to Houston tomorrow to shoot a song with Mexican O t N, MC Magic and the Yodis. So we're just tomorrow tomorrow.
Speaker 5: Yeah, ship, I just got invited by OT's dad to go back out there to shoot hogs this week.
Speaker 2: This week when pull up tomorrow.
Speaker 5: I got a fucking interview. I got a money back yo interview on fucking Wednesday. That's tomorrow, tomorrow, Wednesday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how many days you out there just in and out? No man?
Speaker 4: Magic literally hit us up yesterday midday and I was like, damn, like we I mean, it's terrible timing, but yes, like fuck it will be there you know what I'm saying. So we're gonna be up there some more legendary ship. We got that be Real ship. I don't know when this is gonna drop, but I.
Speaker 1: Saw the be Real uh trailer look sick.
Speaker 4: You video is awesome. Shout out to be Real man, Like, We're just it's crazy. We're in this space now where we're kind of like rubbing shoulders with people that we grew up admiring and they have a similar admiration to us, and it's kind of like, uh, hard to grab some time.
Speaker 5: What I think like too, is like you know, like, uh, I don't like the I've never liked like when you just box people in on their race, like when people say like, yo, you're a dope Mexican rapper. Like someone asked me, uh, I did a podcast yesterday and they were.
Speaker 1: Just like, who's Like, who's the dope rapper from LA?
Speaker 5: I mentioned you guys, I think I met, I mentioned I mentioned Ruccie, but I was like, I like Lefty, you know he's entertaining, but I wasn't like for a Mexican guy, you know what I'm saying, Like yeah, and I feel like, you know you guys as our MC's happened to be Mexican, and I kind of look at like OT that way, and I look at like super guys that way, and it's like, I feel like the the narrative of Mexican mcs being like boxed in or like type cast it into like a sohol year.
Speaker 1: Yeah you can go do lowrider shows you. I feel like that ships like starting to finally like got away. Man.
Speaker 2: It is because we got the numbers in this country. It's the biggest minority in the country, and we're actually now getting to the point where we can box with whoever you put us in the ring with, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: So not all of us, but a lot of us. And I think Mexican OT is one of them. Like you put them on a song with anyone, he could probably box or hang. I think me and my brother are up there, you guys, dough Man, I think is up there?
Speaker 1: Man is crazy? Oh god, he's yeah, she's fired.
Speaker 3: You know what really fucking irks me though, When motherfuckers be like, oh, this is the Mexican YG or this is the Mexican Kendrick and Jcob, It's like, man, what the fuck?
Speaker 2: That just sounds retarded, Bro, I don't hear you know what.
Speaker 1: You know what, you never heard anybody saying that kind of shit about cypers.
Speaker 2: Hill exactly exactly.
Speaker 3: Right, because everybody try to make a post about me and my bro saying we're the Mexican fucking Kendrick and j Cole, which is way out of line. I think, like we got our own style, you know what I'm saying. And I was just like, what the fuck that's fucking weird, Yeah, fucking super lame.
Speaker 5: What's like almost like what you guys said about the pitopull thing. It's like you guys, your guys's goals a lot bigger.
Speaker 4: We're up there for sure, and people, I think that's why it's taking us longer to get there because people, I don't know, man, in La, you see what's going on, bro, Like besides the people that are already huge, like Tyler and all the TV guys, no one in our realm of success or fame or a little above or below it's doing creative stuff like us, Bro. Not nobody like point them out, brocause I.
Speaker 2: Don't see it, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: And sometimes in Las it takes longer because they're used to seeing the same ship and the same ship.
Speaker 1: Works and it's the same the same ship.
Speaker 5: Like that's the thing is, like, you know, you guys aren't doing like running gun hip hop videos. You guys are doing like really well thought out, like yeah, fucking movies I did.
Speaker 1: Like, are you guys working with one person that shoots this stuff tomorrow?
Speaker 3: He's been doing our stuff as of lately, but we gotta we got a couple of dudes we like to fuck with.
Speaker 1: You know. The visions all feel very like similar to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, very similar.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, the ones we've been posting lately, Yes, all working with Marmo Smatmo Films and the DP.
Speaker 4: He has a super dope to Caesar, shout out to Caesar. We got a good thing going, man, where they see our visions and they're able to elevate them and add their own vision. And sometimes most times we co direct, but the last one to be real one and even the Devil one, we kind of step back on that one and kind of just let them do it because typically we're so hands on where we probably get annoying because we're like just like but then when we step back sometimes we're like we should have stepped in more.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this last one is coming out.
Speaker 3: I was kind of fucking pissed off about it, but it's gonna be cool still. At the end of the day, it's just my own nitpicking and I'm my worst critic, you know what I mean. So whenever I see space for improvement, I'm gonna fucking be vocal about it and say, nah, you fucking should have fucking listened to me, jackass, when I told you this about fucking film this goddamnit, say that.
Speaker 2: No one's gonna know.
Speaker 4: But you know, but because when we see our contemporaries, a lot of people like you said one of the boxers in with the Mexicans, right, which I'll take it, bro, Like I fuck with the doat Mexican movement going on. I love it, and you know, we're not the head of the spirit, but we're on the way. But our contemporaries to me is like Kendrick lamar Uh Tyler the creator.
Speaker 1: Right Creatively, that's that's the bar you're trying.
Speaker 4: To So we have a conversation with ourselves where it's like, Okay, if this is how we view ourselves, we have to present it as such, you know, what I'm saying, So, uh, you know, we're making bread off music.
Speaker 2: It comes to the point so and you.
Speaker 1: Guys are obviously reinvesting because these videos are.
Speaker 2: Back cheap man. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Motherfuckers go by bust downs and we know we like to look flying. We got our shit, you know what I'm saying, But we're reinvesting it in the in the product because we got to separate ourselves from the bunch, because they try to put us in with the bunch, but most.
Speaker 5: People would skim on the video and then go buy a fucking exactly a Gucci belt or something.
Speaker 4: We're doing the opposite, and we still got enough to look fly, you know what I'm saying. Right, and we were the bustdowns are on the way, you know what I'm saying. We just met up with a dealer and all that. But for us, it's more like the art comes first.
Speaker 3: But when I look at these fucking receipts sometimes I'm like, Namn Man should have just pulled up in front of a fly as Web with some bitches and just did that, because god damn, you gotta spend this on that and that, because the fucking the tab on the clothes and the gear and all that also adds up, you know.
Speaker 5: Well how much Like because you guys, there's a few western towns you could get around around l A. That's not cheap cheap.
Speaker 2: That's all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, put that ship for two days. You've got a minimum time, Yeah, especially people you two days.
Speaker 4: Yeah, just to do the math some motherfuckers out here, you know what I'm saying, Like, Uh, we don't.
Speaker 2: We don't take this ship lightly. Bro. We spent bag six figures on videos.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 2: It's like like we changed the way we see this ship.
Speaker 3: Like like it's like, what could you do for this for hip hop or or whatever it is? You know, what can we do for it instead of what it could do for us?
Speaker 1: Like you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: So we're trying to give it something great, wow, and in return that could give us something you know what I'm saying. We're just trying to track, trying to switch the way we were thinking because we used to wrap like to get the money, the fame and all that. Now it's like, nah, let's do something fucking good. Let's give it back to the Yeah, that's what we're trying to.
Speaker 4: Eat because we want the culture to not only we want the culture is starting to respect our pen game. And we said our contemporaries like and all these people are doing shit for love, Shaq free ninety nine, Mario Lopez free ninety nine, be real same. So we have all these people that are pulling up because not only do they give us a look, a great look, they trust us that in return, We're gonna give them a look, you know what I'm saying. So, as crazy as it sounds, we gave Shack a look. This motherfucker went viral. Snoop Dogg posted it, TMZ posted us like three times.
Speaker 2: And Rick Ross trying to copy Kobe and hyeah they copy, Yeah, they for show copied it. But Kobe and Shack of this, yeah for sure.
Speaker 4: And even Mario Lopez, you know what I'm saying, like he's showing a mad love.
Speaker 2: But yeah, yeah, Like what the fuck we don't own Shack?
Speaker 1: You can do record, brother, you want? How was that? Like, Shack?
Speaker 5: How you guys are from l A obviously, so Shacks a Laker legend, for got a statue outside of the fucking Staple Center.
Speaker 2: Love that guy.
Speaker 1: One of the most famous human beings ever walked the face of the ever.
Speaker 3: Yeah, his fucking or is crazy. He's like a god amongst men already.
Speaker 5: Third Yodie, how like, first of all, what were the discussions between him just being a fan because he always shows loved a lot of different artists. Yeah, yeah, a lot of independent artists too, But like, how do you translate that from like him rapping with you?
Speaker 1: So that's that's fucking sick.
Speaker 4: The first time he ever hit us up, which was also video my brother posted just on his phone again going back on the phone.
Speaker 2: I was parked on the phone.
Speaker 3: And then we had just recorded a song at I forgot whose studio was. We did a song whatever it was Holly Morning, yeah in Vegas. Now, this was at his house over here. I don't know if he still has it.
Speaker 1: It was a while talking about the Giant House, like like the White House.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, long gone with French, I never got oh.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah you said about you take the elevator down?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that spot. We did a song that he had a record with French Montana. It never got really sound about right, yeah, And I was hearing it the next day and I was like, damn, I gassed this motherfucker. So I just recorded myself rapping the lyrics posted it, didn't think nothing of it, and fucking came across Shack's eyes and then fucking next thing you know, we got a fucking DM from Shacks ain't dope.
Speaker 1: I'll funk with y'all. Y'all dope as fuck like.
Speaker 3: You're going, and he shot us to follow and then we're fucking super hyped that day.
Speaker 2: It was during the pandemic.
Speaker 4: Too, so immediately, like I was legit a fan of shacks raps, I love no hooks with him.
Speaker 1: I mean, I know people like to try to give Damian the props, but Shack had fucking jay Z and Nas on.
Speaker 3: The record and Wool Tang Biggie Black thought you went platinum as a rapper like most like it was a different time, but this motherfucker had you can't stand the rain, you.
Speaker 4: Understand was fire, So before stopped the ring. Whatever you can can't stop, the r can't stop. So not only did we show him admiragers and for being a laker, but almost immediately we're like above that, like I love your pen game as a rapper, I respect you too, So immediately we dropped the seed.
Speaker 2: The first day, like.
Speaker 4: One day, hopefully we get you out of retirement and get you on a song. And he was just like, as long as its hardcore, I'm with it, you know what I'm saying. But that was two years before we actually got the song done, so it was just like relationship building. He started sending his means, we were saying me there was like regular stuff. And then last year he started sharing our stuff a lot. He was just sharing what we were doing. So we're like, all right, he's tapped in, so maybe now is the time to send him a song. And we had done the song that was super hardcore, the Three Locals one, and it was with ghost Face Killer in mind because we talked to somebody that potentially it could have happened. Yeah, and it didn't happen, but we had it and we're like, fucking I'm send it to Shack.
Speaker 1: He's my favorite member.
Speaker 2: Really, he's up. There's top three. I love method.
Speaker 5: Man, goes Face in my top ten ever, So top ten ever, Yeah, sure, I think goes Face.
Speaker 1: Yeah, his new album's Crazy too Fire.
Speaker 2: He never lost it, yeah, he never.
Speaker 3: He hasn't lost a step bro, and even on the features, bro, he still fucking goes crazy.
Speaker 2: Shit with him and nams.
Speaker 3: He went banana, Yeah, I don't never disrespect me records.
Speaker 5: You guys, uh, get get in the record. He sends it back to you, and now it's like, all right, well we gotta shoot the video.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so again it goes back. He facetimes us. My brother immediately like this is the thing. We don't let the opportunity just pass. We shoot our shot if it felas and felt my brother first thing down there he's my brother says, was you know, we gotta bring you out to the video.
Speaker 2: Shack's like I'm there, I'm there.
Speaker 4: So we're already like okay, and you know, we hang up and then we kind of want to not bother him, and then he keeps texting us. He starts sending us beats and like da, So I'm like okay, Like Shack's really like he's fucking.
Speaker 3: With also sending us memes and ship of yeah dying on Instagram.
Speaker 2: It was just pretty so all right, we're on the same you guys.
Speaker 1: We're the saying.
Speaker 3: Once you start trading memes with each other, you're like, all right, this is becoming like a friendship here.
Speaker 1: So it was like all right, he just got.
Speaker 3: A little bit more comfortable, you know what I mean. He can tell his motherfucker anything.
Speaker 1: So he was on tour.
Speaker 4: I saw he was in La one day and I was like, shock, if you could give us fucking one hour, bro that yeah, we'll plan it around done in an hour. Yeah, he said, yes, we planned it. He gave us two hours and we did what we did and he we went stupid viral and that was like another step on the gas that it boosted us even more than what we were already doing. Man, he's been a real blessing. He text us randomly. He's really embodied being the third member of Coyote. We have a few other songs with him. Yeah, he just text us randomly like around.
Speaker 3: But there was an award for like the most random link up. I think that one would have won it for for sure, the most random link of shack.
Speaker 1: But ship we made that ship.
Speaker 2: I would have never thought.
Speaker 1: There Jersey Living.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we got to songs that we got to.
Speaker 3: We're gonna hang those up at the studio, you know what I mean. Yeah, but that's the bro And it's crazy to say that, but it's true, like us to bro, like we talk to them all the time.
Speaker 5: Explain to me, like, how because you guys obviously being with Whack, I felt like I felt like you guys were kind of obviously when you sign with Whack, opportunities come because Whack is a well connected person. Those opportunities don't necessarily translate into like real fans.
Speaker 2: Yeah, definitely not right.
Speaker 5: But I feel like what you guys have been doing the last like year and a half or so, you guys are building like a real buzz or real fan base. What was it like that you feel like you guys started to do differently that translated into people becoming actual fans, not like passive fans. I'm talking about like people who like, go buy a ticket, people who buy a T shirt, people who are like you.
Speaker 3: Just you can't cheat the work, bro, You can't fool the people. You can't cheat the work. Like if a motherfucker puts a bag behind you and it it throws you out there, that doesn't mean it's gonna work, you know what I mean. You can get all the code signs in the world, but if your shit's not connecting with anybody, you don't got a message, Like what's your movement?
Speaker 1: What is it for?
Speaker 2: Mean?
Speaker 3: Like people aren't gonna fucking follow you because you can't cheat the system like you need a What we did was like we started trying to cater to them, and we fucking forgot what made us get in this position in the first place. That's why we hit a little bump on the road, you know what I mean at that time. But what we fucking started doing is like, nah, what God is here? The way we were fucking rapping back then, So let's get back to that and start connecting with people on a different level so we can build this colt following that just follows us. And then once you build that bro like in music, you'll never go hungry.
Speaker 1: Like those motherfuckers are gonna always support you to support, so they're gonna they're gonna buy buy the sweater exactly by the heart, special edition whatever.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So that's what That's what was our mentality going into it, like, nah, we can't cheat the ship, Like, let's put the footwork in that's needed instead of like, all right, let's get this fucking big ass fucking industry to put their name behind our ship and blasts out there. Because they did that, and now the hood rat record that you're a fan of you love so much. Win but yeah, yeah, to win top forty on rhythmic rhythmic charts. I don't know if that means anything. I don't know what the fuck rhythmic.
Speaker 2: Charts is, but I remember it's a billboard though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they record is dope.
Speaker 3: But you can't cheat the fucking work, bro, Like you want to build fans, go out there, let the people touch you while the fuck you acting famous when you got fucking whatever followers you got, Like, Bro, you can't cheat the fucking work.
Speaker 4: And I think also, like again going back to what you're trying to appeage, there's A and RS and people telling you when we pull up with our dope shit, even like the ship we deal with sim but we pulled up like yo, look what we got, and people are like, no one wants to hear this ship. No wants to hear this ship.
Speaker 3: You start beleave in bro and nowadays broke because of the Internet, there's a space for anybody to find their crowd and grab them and then fucking eat off of the.
Speaker 5: Problem with the people who you're talking about A and RS is like their livelihood, like them being gainfully employed, depends on whether or not a song is uote unquote hit record. So when they get like I would almost say almost any A and R period, when they give you feedback, it's coming from a place of job security.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and that's why now they're losing their jobs in the industries and shambles because you have people like us that we're direct to consumer, like I don't need nobody's approval. Like once we started doing, like, look, bro, this is what we want to do. This is not only what we want to do. This is what we're best at. Because trying to do the LA sound and all this other stuff, we could do it. But if I'm Steph Curry in the three pointers, my fucking go to while the fuck am I not shooting the three Yeah, So that's kind of the angle we started taking. And if we fell on what we're good at, at least it's on our fucking it's on us, it's on you.
Speaker 5: You're like going out your way, Like hey man, I can't blame this on anybody because you could at least go to sleep at night knowing we did it our way and it didn't work, and that's fine. But if you go to sleep at night and it didn't work because you followed trends, or you followed with some.
Speaker 4: That doesn't feel good, that feels terrible, that's work because you agree with them. I remember people started saying it about hood right even when you guys told us and a few other people, I was like, man, the fuck the things I agree with these motherfuckers. I hate this song, you know what I'm saying, But now I appreciate it because it did put a battery in our back.
Speaker 5: And No, but when you guys, even when you guys came and rapped, you guys killed it. Yeah, I was like, well, these are hard like shit like dope for uh, for you guys, man, like give me you guys obviously have a guy with two belts, oh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, with a tag team chests.
Speaker 4: But these are our belts really too for everyone I think you know what I'm saying, like.
Speaker 3: Kind of heavy, so we need a big, strong, hefty guy in the back hold of them for us.
Speaker 4: We actually won these too. This ain't no belts have been given this the homicide one.
Speaker 1: Those are WWF's by the way, too, so you didn't those aren't fucking like I went to the w W shopping bottom recently. No, because that's a w.
Speaker 3: W like if you know, you know, you know what I mean. We're fucking big vintage fans.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: You know I'm walking some vintage right now. And you guys areso wrestling guys.
Speaker 3: Yeah, grew up wrestling, Yeah, I mean I fucking almost killed this guy at one point.
Speaker 1: Can you say you grew up wrestling in the dockyard? Yeah, in the backyard.
Speaker 2: It was doing a backyard.
Speaker 1: Table ladders, real matches.
Speaker 3: That shit became like a thing where our parents would be like when they leave the house and then leave us there no wrestling.
Speaker 2: It was like we didn't know it was fake.
Speaker 4: So we're over here really making each other cry because we had belts that we would It was a twenty four to seventh thing where you could win the belts, right, so any given.
Speaker 3: Time and then you win the hardcore belt. Was this stuff alcohol right, twenty four to seven belt. I'll be walking out the motherfucking bathroom in this motherfucker steel chair.
Speaker 4: But but legit making each other cry, like putting each other through tables. He threw a center block in my head.
Speaker 3: I got I was an accident, though it was an accident because look one of the little my little cousin Anthony. He ended up throwing the belt over the fence because we were fining for one of these belts right here back in the days, though not these exact belts, but yeah, he threw it over the fence and we couldn't wrestle anymore because we were trying to climb the ladder to get the belt.
Speaker 2: You guys have a ladder match, terrible ladders and in the backyard.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so we were all like, damn, I didn't want to jump the fence. I could have jumped the fence, but I kind of pretend I can't. Yeah, I try to act like my fucking ankle was heurt or whatever. And then he was like, all right, I'll fucking do it. But he couldn't get up there because he was a little chunky kid, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Put the center block on the floor.
Speaker 3: So he put the center block on the floor, still on the center block, jumped over, and he was like, but when I jump over, I need the cinder block to jump back.
Speaker 2: So when I land, you threw the cinder block so I can step on it.
Speaker 1: Wait one second.
Speaker 3: As he jumped over, I grabbed the cinder block, said fuck you. I didn't even think I just threw it.
Speaker 2: I don't even want.
Speaker 1: I heard was.
Speaker 3: I was like, I got I know there was a ladder.
Speaker 4: Now and then no one could jump to the defence. But not everyone don't.
Speaker 3: I'm scared, like, oh no, he's hurt adrenaline. This guy, we don't use the block to jump back over. It was covered like his whole face was red. Leading mom just stished me up all the time. I'm thinking, like how am I getting? How am I going to get out of this ship with my mom? She's gonna fuck me up?
Speaker 1: And I was like, I got it. I'm gonna blame Anthony.
Speaker 2: He's only four years old. The first we're blaming a four year old.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he threw the seconds, but he chucked it. He got fucking straight. I said, if.
Speaker 3: Anthony would have never threw the belt over the fence, he would have never got crabbed.
Speaker 2: I said, I fell off the fence.
Speaker 3: He shot the Anthony man, he was a real one. He took my mom's chew out like a champion and wrapped me out. He just sat there and cried him, almost chewing him out.
Speaker 2: Like you motherfucker, you throw the belt. Look at what happened A big Yeah. They just stished me up out there on the kitchen table.
Speaker 5: Have you guys got to link with any wrestlers yet? Anybody chat or tapping off?
Speaker 4: We know the homie Santana Proud what's his name?
Speaker 1: From New York? You guy should work with?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 1: You know there's a guy named st Strickling is the a W champ? A rapper really hard? You know him? Yeah? He last week we're doing the record fuckers that had been crazy.
Speaker 4: We're trying to throw an event where we mixed hip hop, wrestling and comedy.
Speaker 1: Bro, y'all should do it. Fucking let's go. We're talking down, I'm down, and let's do it.
Speaker 4: We got Rakisi right, we still got Rakeshi's number. We're talking with a lot of these guys. Man, let's do it. We're gonna have Vernee and Ken hosted.
Speaker 1: I know all kind of wrestlers.
Speaker 2: Dog, let's say less, bro, don't tell.
Speaker 5: Me super tighted with someone like like ah, like a few of the USO guys like U Zilla, who's to Who's uh the Roman Ranges?
Speaker 1: I think it's his cousin? Fire him, bro? Yeah, I know a lot of those guys.
Speaker 2: We're trying to do like a festival bow where's a called Yodi Man and ship show.
Speaker 4: Where it's wrestling, comedy and rap. But in the coolest way.
Speaker 3: Where would you do that in the States. The ring, it's going to be a wrestling ring. Whoever performs, the performers are rapping in the ring. Yeah, everything in the ring. The comedy is in the ring, spying in all in the ring. It's gonna be a complete ship show. Chaos but beautiful sounds fire.
Speaker 2: You heard don Coyote.
Speaker 1: The venue they have like.
Speaker 2: But they already throw wrestling events there. They throw wrestling events.
Speaker 4: They're already. We could put the ring in there, and we could put bleachers in there. We got the connection for bleachers and then they got an upstairs part balcony wraps around it.
Speaker 2: All that you're down. What were trying to make it like a yearly.
Speaker 3: Fucking complete circus should be hard Midget strippers.
Speaker 2: Midge strippers, that would be hard.
Speaker 1: I I got a lap dance from a single midget stripper before.
Speaker 2: What you smashing is it wasn't married.
Speaker 1: If you were married, I'm no, of course not, but if I wasn't married, you're a single. I give it a just to just to say I did it.
Speaker 2: I guess for the story, like very like chunky.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, they.
Speaker 3: Got definitely got. They're definitely thick. They thick in the forehead too. Their faces looks like Rihanna's look like Rihanna on a small body.
Speaker 1: Gorgeous is what I'm saying. But you know they got forehead.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what I'm saying. Like Rihanna is like a full grown midget.
Speaker 3: US bad mission just kept going.
Speaker 4: I think she's one of the battest girls out there. But you know, yeah, for sure there's a resemblance there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know there's a resemblance there. For sure.
Speaker 4: When I see a bad midget, I'll be like, man, I look like Rihanna.
Speaker 2: Like that.
Speaker 1: It's great. So talk, let's talk about the album. Yeah.
Speaker 2: LT Aliens dropped this before after before before on the twelve, I think, so, I think, so that's the day we're aiming for right now.
Speaker 4: That's you know, on the corner, Yeah to light twelve. So we we we're gonna have a release show.
Speaker 1: Fourteenth is the fourteenth, Friday Friday.
Speaker 3: I don't know what today is, so I don't fucking around that time, sometime in June.
Speaker 1: I think it's July.
Speaker 2: July, yeah, July, Okay, July twelve.
Speaker 4: L Dot Aliens featuring the Yodis, Shaq, west Side, Bugie.
Speaker 2: Rigan, Ricky Blanco, Ricky Blanco, the Game, Dom Man, Jesus. There's a lot of dope ship on there, Sucker Free the Homie from Lantic one on four. It's gonna be dope, man. I'm super proud of it. Uh.
Speaker 4: We might have a show at the Saint Rock in the South Bay. I know people like to stay in fucking hot, so we're trying to move people out of Hollywood and go to our side of town. That might be the final Roxy though, I know. But they're out of business right now.
Speaker 3: They're they're not going to open till September or some ship like that.
Speaker 1: I'm glad they're fixing it. Every time you have to rock, you're like, what the fuck?
Speaker 4: I think they're opening it back up in August, but I think August is already booked, so they're thinking about booking us there in September.
Speaker 1: The South Bay show, and then you gotta spin the block and do the Roxy. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's gonna be more of a like listening type of party, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I still don't know what we're gonna do.
Speaker 3: That we might do, I mean, Ship, we might pull out the midges and tables and ladders and chairs there Ship, who knows it's still away from now.
Speaker 1: The echo that echoes it's an echo park. That's that's the first time OT was in TOWNY did the echo It's it's a it's a good room.
Speaker 2: I think we went there.
Speaker 1: I think it's like four or five hundred tickets.
Speaker 2: Oh, it came to the studio after that night. Yes, yeah, I remember that was that. I think that was the Echo.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So there's the Echo Plex and then the Echo. They're like one's it's super fucking weird because one's like below the other.
Speaker 1: But so you got to like go down the stairs and like walk past all the homeless piss to get to the real. But there's two venues in that space, one of them smaller, one of them is bigger. But it's a good venue, I mean Ship.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: The thing about the same rock, I think we got it for free.
Speaker 2: They don't like pain.
Speaker 3: We don't even pay our producers deal Ship because you know, the hardest process for us is just kidding, man, shout all the motherfucking producers.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 4: So we go through I swear people think we're joking, but we'll probably go through five hundred beats to find one, and like I guess, we could write to anything, right, Like, if I have to do a.
Speaker 2: Song, I will.
Speaker 1: So it's the hardest part for you, Yeah, just because lately we've been we've been.
Speaker 3: Fighting the beat and then getting the first line is probably the hardest part. You know, Once we got that and then everything just starts flowing.
Speaker 4: Like you ever hear people say the worst has come to me. So that's what we're searching for now. So I hear it.
Speaker 2: Bet I want the worst to come. Yeah, just nothing forced.
Speaker 4: I don't want to thinking, oh I like this beat, and then I'm thinking thinking thinking which I can if I have to. But lately what I'm looking for is I want the beat that pull the ship out of me pretty.
Speaker 2: Much, So going there with some fully loaded clips.
Speaker 4: It takes fucking going through five hundred beats, and sometimes we find them on YouTube or beat stars will pay the forty dollars fucking lease or whatever. Sometimes forty dollars exclusive you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: YouTube, Like, YouTube is a great place to find beats.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but you know, once it shit really starts popping off. I know we're going to get a lot of.
Speaker 3: People type beat records on this project that we're putting in.
Speaker 1: So when you find the type beat type record, you just fucking just in the bio.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's this thing called it's called transfer YouTube to MP three, no trust, copy baste and then they go straight to the iTunes and then boom, I get on it.
Speaker 1: Listen. The best way to I'm not even I fuck with a lot of producers, but the best way to really steal a beat is to just send it to a producer who's good enough and be like, can you reproduce this?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's facts, that's fact.
Speaker 1: Now that's frowned upon.
Speaker 4: Yeah you shouldn't. I get it. Producers probably hate us. But if we know the producers different, we'll give them the splits and all that. But there's been times where we find a producer on YouTube or beat start them and we'll hit them up and there there's no response. I'm like, all right, I'm gonna just upload your ship, you know what I'm saying. Like the dude, we did with Shack. He's never reached out that beat, so he don't know that he has.
Speaker 1: You must have like giving up on his dream. Has no idea that Shacks wrap it on his beat.
Speaker 4: No fucking clue, you know what I'm saying. But again, when the producers reach out, we get the business right, you know what I'm saying. But oftentimes we just find the beats on the women. It's like, all right, I don't know who this saying. Yeah, and it's hip hop.
Speaker 1: Man, you're independent, you know ship hip hop.
Speaker 2: It was made off stealing, so yeah, for sure. Whatever. Yeah, we've had people what.
Speaker 3: Was that dude that hit us up? Was like, hey, I bought this beat? You guys are rapping up, Like, all right, buddy, hits ours now? Like, what do you want to do? Suis sue me?
Speaker 1: Fuck it? Take it down? Yeah? How many streams did you get on the one that you bought? Nothing?
Speaker 2: Nothing?
Speaker 3: It was nothing because we looked it up and we're like, what the fuck this shit got like fucking thirty plays? Bro and the kicker is a lot of people use that beat, so I send them a lot of songs I love.
Speaker 1: How many people use this beat?
Speaker 3: Like, while you hitting us up because he's seen it was the most traction, like, hey this is my beat, I bought it, I used it, blahlah blah blah blah. And I was like, what are you gonna do, Suis fuck it dude, the producer.
Speaker 4: Fuck dudecause you already let eight other rappers wrap over there too.
Speaker 1: Motherfuckers used to resell beats.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to get sued, bro, to be honest, I want to get sued. It's gonna show me that I'm doing something right.
Speaker 5: Alchemist once had a beat that he sold to Jadakiss and raz Cast and raz Cast disstant On van Goya, at least on the Van Go demo that they were passing out of Tower Records.
Speaker 4: Okay, you know Alchemists. Yeah man, I'm trying that. That's our next collab project. We're trying to well.
Speaker 5: Alchemists is, in my opinion, uh to Go, possibly the greatest of all time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, up there he's up there, Bro.
Speaker 2: What I like for what we like?
Speaker 5: Think about the run he's been on the last like fucking five or six years, bro, Like Alfredo Grammy nominated he did with Larry June, Like all these collab albums he's doing like it's like his second breath is so crazy and for the ship that like you definitely I think Kanye, Timberland, all those guys you know who.
Speaker 3: Got a sick This is like you know who got nick as second breath of fresh air, Bro, Limp, Biscuit, Fred Durst and them out of nowhere. Bro, They're going crazy. They're the world fucking packing that ship out. And it's not like old motherfuckers in the crowd. There's a bunch of young motherfuckers in the crowd going crazy.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna lie, dude.
Speaker 4: You know we got a Fred Durt's feature coming to we did? We linked up with Dj Lethal Legend.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's been fucking shopping Biscuit.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: I liked Significant Other a lot. That's a great album.
Speaker 4: The first album I ever stole was the Chocolate Star Fist.
Speaker 1: Hot Flavored Water. So some of their songs haven't aged the best.
Speaker 2: No, I haven't heard that album along.
Speaker 3: You know roll that Rolling song was a smash right from what I remember. That's but now, like when you hear it, rolling is kind of hard. Breakstuff is breaks up is hard rolling, and you hear it is kind of cheesy.
Speaker 5: Bump break stuff to but like that ship the ship with method Man pretty hard hardest, hardest.
Speaker 2: That beat is still one of its beats.
Speaker 1: Ever, when a freestyle over that.
Speaker 3: I think, I think I've written to that beat multiple times, but then the verses goes somewhere else.
Speaker 1: Yeah, fire beat.
Speaker 2: Rocking, Yeah, all that a good era.
Speaker 4: That was a good era, bro, your t R my childhood exactly, DM mad Black Kid. You know, and what you think of Eminem ship Man. I saw you do a post about it, the verse or the video he rapped. It's like, the video is fucking great. No, the video is great. I thought he had some videos artis. But I think that as a song.
Speaker 1: To me, he made that song for people like me who remember nostalgia because because when he used to put his old albums.
Speaker 3: His first, his first record is always the one picking.
Speaker 2: But it's like, how I love I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't like eminem slander at all. You know, I'm a hip hop d I understand.
Speaker 1: And I actually thought music to be murdered by it.
Speaker 3: This is my album, and I got excited about kill Jady, the whole thing that he's doing right now.
Speaker 2: I'm a little.
Speaker 3: Excited about I'm excited to the title kN slim Shady's dead or whatever. But I think him doing the guess Who's back all the time, Like how many guess whose back songs do we need?
Speaker 1: This is what I say.
Speaker 5: I think I understand. I understand what he was trying to do. Yeah, I thought there was some good rapping on their. Eminem is always gonna be good rapping.
Speaker 1: For sure.
Speaker 5: I don't love the song. My friend hates it. Who I posted his text.
Speaker 1: He was like, I've never wanted somebody to be addicted to drugs again. See, I'm an Eminem stand So dude, you have to listen because I am an Eminem fucking fan and I've been so vocally like hating from like Recovery. I like recovery, but anything out of recovery recovery, but anything after that relapse recovery where no relap.
Speaker 2: Recovery is good, but relaps wasn't relapse. Relapsed to me was his last good album.
Speaker 1: I think I think good.
Speaker 2: I like Recovery good, bro, if you look at the raps in there and the.
Speaker 1: Content, it's one of the lyrically strongest album. Accent was weird, bro.
Speaker 3: I know once you get past the accent and you're looking at his wordplay and the concept of his records.
Speaker 2: Three Crazy whatever will so Cold, the song will go. That song crazy.
Speaker 1: So to me like anything after Recovery so like I hated Marshall Mathers LP two. I thought Revivals. I think Revival is one of the worst albums.
Speaker 2: That I don't know. If I heard Revival, it's.
Speaker 1: It's the worst. It might be the worst hip hop album by a major artist. It is an absolute I don't I don't stand by these words. Kama Cozi was very hard.
Speaker 2: I didn't hear Kamaki you.
Speaker 1: Know what to murdered by was fucking fire good. That's eminem album since probably I heard it once.
Speaker 3: I heard it once and I never went back to it, so I probably got to go back.
Speaker 5: To you remember like on like Eminem Show and the g and the Ship, like he was like making beats that sound like you would used to be able to hear Eminem produce beating me like, oh, that sounds like an Eminem bat. Like when he did nas is the Cross, like like Renegade did the Cross?
Speaker 2: Yes, the version Mary carry the Cross that's.
Speaker 1: On that's a minem bat. What he pretty.
Speaker 2: That was God. I love that song.
Speaker 1: I don't know this is the thing, like I feel like music to be murdered by. It sounded like a fucking Eminem album. Again, it wasn't like him trying to and then other thing like I wish you was stopped working with Skyler Gray Dog.
Speaker 2: Like he's trying to make the records and like.
Speaker 5: At least like you know, they got some records. I can appreciate the sky of the Great Pink Songs gotta.
Speaker 1: Stop, though.
Speaker 2: I like him when he's on his demonic ship and he's like when he's darking on drugs for sure, like that song with.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 3: I think this motherfucker is just speaking Chinese to us because he got so technical and good that it's like not good. You know, it's like so many like damn, you got to rewind and hear what he said here and this.
Speaker 1: Like cannabis man, like two thousand BC was tough.
Speaker 4: I think I think Eminem is strictly on how good it is and not focused on is this a good how.
Speaker 1: Good of a rapper am I going to be on? I like, listen, I like music to be murdered by.
Speaker 2: I need to hear it.
Speaker 1: It's a really really, really really good album.
Speaker 2: I'm excited about that.
Speaker 1: I'm excited for the album too, because at the end of the day, if you know, this is the warm up, and this is like a vintage eminem warm up, for sure, it should be a good album.
Speaker 4: He was gussing the videos dope, video is dope. It's just to me, I guess I didn't like that. It was two nostalgic for me a couple because I want to hear something new, right Versus's.
Speaker 1: Thing obviously made that for people like us who are like into his like but if it didn't connect.
Speaker 2: With us, yeah, but it did, though it didn't connect with a lot of.
Speaker 1: But but I'm saying, like, who's the demographic for this ship?
Speaker 2: Yeah it was it.
Speaker 1: Ain't nobody belove thirty. Ain't nobody really like you know what I'm saying. Like, But a lot of people love it. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think it's just I mean that shit went stupid viral.
Speaker 1: Maybe it was number one. People do love it.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: And for the record, I don't even hate it. I think it's just okay.
Speaker 2: Middle America is pretty big, exactly, But you know.
Speaker 3: What, we need him over like them nineteen ninety nine beats like the fucking I just don't give a fuck beats like bringing back to some Boom back.
Speaker 1: Listen.
Speaker 5: I didn't think KI was absolute. I thought it was just I'm like, dog, I'm not going to re listen to this. Yeah, Like I get it. The video was cool, the concept was cool. Like the visually. I feel like, if you want, if you listen to the song, because I fucked up and I heard the song before I watched the video and I was.
Speaker 1: Like, this ship is whatever.
Speaker 2: Dog.
Speaker 1: Then you see the video and you're like, oh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just what he was doing.
Speaker 1: I get it. It's paying how muge to all his old videos. I get it, Like hopefully there's some dre fucking beats on me and hopefully, you know, just not Skylar Gray Bright.
Speaker 4: What was that song, bro, the Devil in Side where he's like when the Devil comes and he's like suspending an animation like somebody's hold like hold to me there, Like when he's just on his fucking like comic book.
Speaker 2: Characters before all of that infinite he's talking about like a hunted house or something, right, and he's like the books are flying off, flying off shelves. Yeah, I love That's one of my biggest influences.
Speaker 3: I like Eminem when I hear him and he sounds like a fucking comic book.
Speaker 1: You know. My favorite Eminem era was eminem Show and then all the gun It mixtapes and all the like Green Lantern mix tapes.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, I like the Slim Slim Shadyop was My favorite album is eminem Show and then Slim Shadio P.
Speaker 1: Then I had Marshall Baders.
Speaker 2: There was good album classic yeah, yes, class the first three. I love that guy. He was one of my biggest influences to this day.
Speaker 5: When after eminem Show that had just lose It and had uh It had Curtain Curtain Call that was the greatest hits uh not.
Speaker 3: It was like, but there was all right, fuck Eminem, Aliens June, what's the date today?
Speaker 2: Look, I get it right, Aliens. You know what I'm saying. That is gonna be crazy Core Encore. I liked Encore.
Speaker 1: There's some ship on.
Speaker 2: The mocking Bird song on there.
Speaker 5: They had that ship with Obie Trice that you better love me. I just want know. That was on the eight Miles soundtrack.
Speaker 4: I fucked it on Core. I fucked with everything until I think relapsed. I stopped kind of listening.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's fair. Well, look man, L dot aliens. Sometimes sometimes July Is think it's in tune.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: So he wants to rap or not.
Speaker 2: Bro, I know we weren't here to rap, but I kind of like to sure this guy always wants to rap. I mean, want to put that hustle in the house on there. Man, We're just gonna wrap in the house rap everywhere. He damn if it was the interview segment.
Speaker 1: You are now there's the freestyle segment.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's go all right on a different YouTube video now. But we fumble this. We're not gonna drop it.
Speaker 1: Okay, So if you don't see it, they fumbled it. Yeah, you won't rap or not sure rap. I get