Speaker 1: The volume Draft King sports Book, an official sports betting partner of the NFL, is bringing you yes an offer that'll help you win money in the NFL playoffs. New customers, bet five bucks. That's it. Five bucks, that's it, five dollars any game and get two hundred dollars instantly in bonus bets. Are you kidding me? I? Bet five that's it? Download the Draft Kings Sportsbook app now. It takes ninety seconds and put in Colin C O L I N easy pazy. New Customers, five bucks, that's all you have to bet and get two hundred dollars instantly in bonus bets only on the Draftking sports Book. The code is Collin c LN and the crown is yours. Gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler or visit www dot one eight hundred gambler dot net. In New York, call eight seven seven eight Hope n Y or text Hope n Y four six seven three six nine. In Connecticut, help is available for problem gambling. Call eighty eight seventy eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill Casino and or chas licensee partner Golden Nugget Lake Charles twenty one plus. Age varies by jurisdiction Voyden, Ontario. Bonus Betts expired one hundred and sixty eight hours after issuance. S Sportsbook dot DraftKings dot com, slash Basketball Terms for eligibility and deposit restrictions, Terms and responsible gaming Resources, Well, the extended Nick Wright Session. I do Nick about once a month and we go for about an hour and we talked about a variety of stuff. Yesterday, somebody came up to me and said, somebody I work within my little beer company, Hey, hey, it's a dry January. Would you be willing to have a beer with these advertisers? And I'm like, dry what, I've never heard of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, our little our talks are pretty soon going to be called cocktails with Colin. I just you and I just have a drink from Afar. Now. The difference is we don't have to say what time we're recording. But I'm on the East Coast right You're.
Speaker 3: Three hours earlier.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's barely drinking appropriate time where you are right now.
Speaker 3: You're kind of getting by based on.
Speaker 2: It being an East Coast based media environment. If this were pure West Coast, we would maybe be like Colin, maybe you should consider dry January for your health. But otherwise, I think we're in good shape.
Speaker 1: I already worked out today. I did a show I'm Home Free, Baby home Free.
Speaker 2: Oh. I got a buddy of mine bullied me into put me in a group chat with a bunch of other people, and it's just it's just like seven guys that I have to do one hundred push ups each every single day. So I just get texts from people I don't know that's like twenty down, twenty five down, forty down, and I'll be honest, the peer pressure works. Find myself in the morning, I was like, I'm not doing anything and I'm just a mess. I might as well knock out ten push ups here sitting getting ready to go to work.
Speaker 3: Do something, so, yeah, something good.
Speaker 1: You're not a workout guy, but your spin Yeah.
Speaker 2: The I think the medical terminology is skinny fat.
Speaker 3: I'm skinny, but I have the insides of.
Speaker 2: A really, really unhealthy person, and so I'm just trying to do a little better. I go on kicks of the on the peloton where for like six months all be super competitive and really good to the peloton, but then after that I won't and I don't like going to the gym. I don't like working out in front of people because I'm not that strong. So yeah, so I just do stuff.
Speaker 3: In my own house.
Speaker 2: Whatever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I work. I lift weights for fifty minutes every day.
Speaker 3: One five or five zero five zero, all but Friday.
Speaker 1: I try to lift four to four to six days a week.
Speaker 3: Wow, how you look as good as you do it?
Speaker 1: You're I like lifting weights? Whatever reason why I like lifting weights, So whatever.
Speaker 2: Good for you, buddy. Yeah, well, listen, I'll get there one day. This is thus far I haven't needed to.
Speaker 1: All right, let's let's move to Jim Harbaughs. So one of the things I wrote this, I think in my first book two things make smart men stupid, Beautiful women and sports, And I always think.
Speaker 2: So.
Speaker 1: I grew up in the Pacific Northwest, where I was a Husky fan as a kid, but we didn't have teams that won a lot of championships. And ever since I was a kid, I've always been wanted to be a sportscaster. So I was never a fan, a true fan as a kid. You know, people know I like the Huskies or USC But I'm not really a true fan. I love creating content. Anybody that knows me, you know me, Jimmie Horowitz, Charlie Dixon. I love to create content. That's that's my love of my life, beyond my kids and family. I love to create seven minute rants, eight minute rants, and I love the audience to rip them, enjoy them whatever.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 1: And this Jim Harbaugh stuff is why I, as a moderately bright guy, have a great career. Is that Jim Harbaugh has literally won everywhere. He got to a Super Bowl Kaepernick. He won at academically rigid Stanford, like twelve games. He won ten games at Michigan the first year with Brady Hulks, players in the Big Ten. And for years people just kept pushing back. He's not good. And I tell people it's called Google. It's a search engine. You can look at His brother's brilliant. His dad won a championship. His brother's brilliant. He's won everywhere. And it was the reluctance for people because Jim makes people, he's a disruptor, uncomfortable. He's Ubert to taxi. He just pisses people off. He's new. We've done it this way, he does it that way. The Jim Schwartz pat in the back, he's hard. He pissed Pete Carroll off and the idea that Jim harbaught needed the Natty to be viewed as a great coach. And I'm like Saban bombed in the NFL spurri or bombed. Like there's five four or five guys ever, Jimmy Johnson, Pete Carroll, Jim Harbaugh, that one with both, it's really hard. I mean, Bellachick, he wouldn't deal with donors, he wouldn't recruit. He's shown no ability to understand offense that in our business, that if we allow the fans to be the jury, and then you know, somebody can be the DA, somebody can be the prosecuting attorney and you and I are just the judge, and you remove emotion from most of the arguments. It is rather bizarre that how often greatness is obvious and people, because their agendas or their connections to other schools, just won't subscribe to Yeah, Jim Harbaugh's one everywhere. Immediately, I'm shocked by all the people that are like, yeah.
Speaker 2: That needed this to prove it, They needed it to prove it now. Listen, I will admit you know, it's not like we don't all have our own wifs. I just mentioned the Jokis things, so like, it's not like anybody bats a thousand on this stuff.
Speaker 1: But no, no, no, I'm not saying that Yokish, by the way, was an ascending player who's a second rounder and and.
Speaker 2: It just there was no precedent for it, which is part of what makes him so special when you're unprecedented. But and also to add to your point, and I might be totally misremembering, but like a decade ago, didn't you have a really weird like thing with Harball?
Speaker 3: Yes, like a I don't I love that was right? And but you know, but you like.
Speaker 2: There was an interview or whatever where it seemed like he was giving you the hard time. I don't remember the details of him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, so I didn't interview. It was terribly clunky. I could have easily turned on him.
Speaker 3: But the reason, that's what Okay, So that's what I was.
Speaker 2: That's why I was gonna bring it up was I thought somewhere in my brain I thought that existed, but I couldn't quite remember it.
Speaker 3: You nothing would.
Speaker 2: Have been easier than to be like, everybody thinks this guy's a dope. He kind of was a dick to me when I talked to him. And it's always the safer bet to say someone sucks because it's hard to win. Yeah, because you're gonna get to be right so much more often then you're gonna get Then you're gonna ever be wrong because there's only one winner at the end of the day. And if you can be like, well, I can't win the big game, I mean, what do you want me to tell you? Like I talked to the.
Speaker 3: Guys, it sucks.
Speaker 2: And I watch ten percent as much college football as you, but I watch the biggest games, the biggest programs, and obviously I am very aware of what's going on. And it was like six years ago, I'm like, wasn't Hardball's team with way less talent like a bad spot away.
Speaker 3: From beating Ohio State? Like wasn't it wasn't.
Speaker 2: Hasn't so much of this narrative of oh can't beat the best teams? Like aren't we basing that partially on a spot we all agree was the wrong spot? In a year, he would have either been undefeated or in the title game. I don't remember all the details, but there is there's just so much data. I'll give you the and a different contemporary example, it should not have taken Patrick Mahomes for people to realize Andy Reid pretty fucking smart.
Speaker 1: Yeah you know what.
Speaker 2: And by the way, he would have probably never won a super Bowl. Well you know what I mean, if it would have just been Alex Smith to the next guy, because winning super Bowls are hard. But when every player, every quarterback that you have, has their best seasons under this and then it's like, oh, like it's so all the and I think, by the way, kind of a future take, I can see some of the media turning on is too strong, but starting to do this topic, how good is Kyle Shanahan really if they don't make it, because it's like, oh, these great regular seasons, but where's the jewelry, like if they don't win the super Bowl? As opposed to being like, well, I don't know, he's taken quarterbacks that the moment they leave him are backups or benched or whatever. And when twelve games, thirteen games, one playoff games, probably pretty good. And so I do think there is that there is a a level of folks that I think won't go with, will only go with what they truly believe and see yeah, up until it's like, uh huh, this is not in the mainstream enough anymore, I'll disagree with everybody else and so and I think that's why not to bring up the niners again. I think that's why people have gotten so frustrated with me on brock Purty. Yeah is it's because so many of the other skeptics laid down their swords. And I don't think they were convinced. I just think they got sick of getting yelled at. And what I think folks don't know is in order to yell at me, you better see me in person, because I'm not seeing.
Speaker 3: Any of it. I'm not reading any of it.
Speaker 2: Like, the only people who get to yell at me have like are Bruceard Wilde's you and people I know so like, I don't really it doesn't impact me. And so the Harball thing is fascinating, and I do wonder how much of it is. They didn't like it. They just thought the guy was weird and a jerk or whatever. And I don't want to describe that to him. I don't know him, but it seemed like a lot of it is like I don't like this guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I had four. You know, I rely a lot because I'm older, So I know a lot of coaches and executives. I go to lunch with them, I have dinner with them. So I know four different coaches who have been on Harbass staff and they all said the same thing. Guy is different. He's the most football obsessed guy ever. He's just he's just it's insane. So a lot of times I have access you do that. Fans don't write that. They don't sure they don't have these I mean I go to dinner probably twice a year with Mangini. We talk about shit that I'm not putting on the air. Jed Fish is a good friend of mine. You know different guys I've dealt with. So I do have some. You know, I can call it part of the job, right, this is what we do. If you're a mortgage broker listening to me, you have access to stuff that I don't have. So but I just found the Harbaugh stuff. It's like, guys, Okay, four times, including the NFL first year, he took the Niners over. They were excellent and It's like if a lot of people get jobs and they don't last. But if you get four different jobs, five different jobs, you take crap and you make it good immediately and you're successful in all of them. I don't need championships now.
Speaker 3: And where was he before Stanford? I don't even remember.
Speaker 1: So he was at San Diego. It was a small university.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, and he succeeded there, and he succeeded everywhere.
Speaker 1: They had a quarterback who was good. He made him really really good. Then he went to Stanford. Stanford was the worst program in the country with high academic and the Colise Yeah, I mean I remember that vividly. I mean I remember it and in my opinion, set the table. And this is the other thing that happened sometimes to guys.
Speaker 3: Are you pals with Chris Peterson? Yes, like okay, yeah, okay.
Speaker 2: So I feel like sometimes guys become victims of their own success, where they make a place so relevant or good that it stays that after they leave, and then to some folks it's not as wildly impressive of what they did when they got there. So Chris Peterson like turned Boise State into such a power that after he leaves, it's still relevant and it's like no, no, no, that was created by him. Similar thing happened with Harball with Stanford, like Harball can leave. They have Andrew Luck and David Shaw and they're really good still, and it's like, oh, yeah, Stanford's always pretty good. It's like, no, it was not. That is the I mean, I understand there were times when it was, and they were involved in famous games obviously, but when he took it over, it was terrible and made it great and the Niners were in the wilderness and it instantly turned around. It instantly turned around for them, Which is if you were advising him, what job would you take if he had his pick of all the NFL openings, what job would you tell him?
Speaker 1: I would say, Jim, you recruited Drake May. Do you think he's better than Justin Herbert? And if the answer is yes, you take the Washington job because Herbert for the next rest of his career is expensive. If you believe that Drake May is better than Justin Herbert, you take the Washington job. Your brother coaches Baltimore, you take Washington. Your mom and dad can move between the two of you. Cap space good roster Drake may Now John Now, if you don't think it is, then just go with the best quarterback. I mean, the answer in the NFL is all most ohas, go where the best quarterback is, or draft the best quarterback. Chicago draft Caleb Williams. It'll just work out, He'll it'll work out, of course, right, So the Chargers is the best job unless and wherever Harbaugh goes. What's really an advantage is like Pete Carroll or Jimmy Johnson, when they're in college and they come to pro. You get about a three year window where you know all the college players you recruited all of them. Oh, that's your huge edge. So the rebuild will be much easier for you. Now, the Chargers is not a rebuild. They have cap space cap issues. Washington's not a total rebuild, but a semi rebuild with tons of cap space. So Harbaugh can walk in and go, Yeah, I'm gonna like Jimmy and Pete. The rebuild is much easier for me. I know all. And by the way, we will trade off some players get draft picks. I'll probably take four of my Michigan guys who I know can play, and I'll avoid the ones that I know that I know can I mean, you go look at Pete Carroll's first three or four drafts out of USC. I mean it was just fifth round, sixth round. I mean he was nailing people. Jimmy Johnson walks into the league. He is just fish in a barrel. So I think Washington's very interesting, no cap issues, marginal rebuild. You look around that division and you're like Jalen Hurts, Dak Daniel Jones. So here's something. I live in beautiful Los Angeles. In fact, tonight I'm going to go out to dinner, be by the water and amongst the glitterati, and you will be in cold, windy New York. So we get into this discussion. I think I've done this a couple of times. So New York's the biggest city in America. LA's two, Chicago three. And if you look at New York right now, with all the money, with all the influence, the biggest star in the city is Aaron Judge. Second is forty year old, increasingly weird Aaron Rodgers. And there is no third. There is no transcendent star. The Clippers more star power than the city of New York.
Speaker 3: The Clippers.
Speaker 1: Forget lebron ad the Rams, the coaches in LA.
Speaker 3: Not even star coaches in New York.
Speaker 1: They're like nobody's McVeigh like him or not, Lincoln Riley Harbaugh. Potentially we've done this before, Stafford, Aaron Donald, Justin Herbert that forget California, Los Angeles, Otawni, Mookie Betts that if you look at Los Angeles and all their pro franchises, we got we count. We get to about twenty four between like players, coaches, like star power, A listers, A listers. New York has two.
Speaker 3: Two so one has played four snaps.
Speaker 1: And I get to the point where I think to myself, Okay, that's not a coincidence. I don't believe in that. Chicago. Similarly, for the size of the cities, Zach Levine, they have no stars. Is that increasing? I mean literally Chicago a city.
Speaker 3: I know. I was thinking.
Speaker 2: I was like, the reason I stopped was I was thinking, I was like, yeah, Patrick, yeah, the Bears have no stars. The hockey guy to the black Star, the colas in White Sox. Yet like there's so oh yeah, this is correct.
Speaker 1: LA has twenty five coaches or stars, And I think, what's happening is something the rest of the country. If you watch cable news, nobody wants to live in LA. Rich people do. It's the land of opportunity, and that when people increasingly have options, professional athletes and coaches, many of the agents live here. The weather's better, entertainment production companies. When lebron chose the Lakers, he did so because of the thirteenth richest people in Los Angeles all wanted to meet him and talk about production deals, and that Los Angeles has literally separated from the company. We always talked about stars in LA but if you're watching what's happening in New York and Chicago, I don't think it's just bad gms. Is that professional athletes and their agents. This is something Canada has dealt with Canada but can't win the Stanley Cup. And the Athletic had a story a year ago about the various reasons, and of the eight reasons, like number seven was the right reason is that stars would rather live in the United States. The weather's better, there's more money. We're a capitalistic country that you just get paid more, You'll have a cuter girlfriend, you'll be on the beach in Florida, you'll be in Phoenix, you'll be in Los Angeles, your twenty seven year olds, and you're rich. Is that people can say they hate LA but increasing Hardball is going to have all this choice. Chances are he's going to take Los Angeles.
Speaker 3: So so here. So I've I have, I've never really so.
Speaker 2: Any So this you do this to me sometimes, which is you bring up something that I haven't thought about before, so then I am forced to come up with a theory that admittedly I thought of for twelve seconds. So I can't This isn't one of those like, oh, I'm glad you mentioned this.
Speaker 3: I have a very well thought.
Speaker 1: Out we can edit it, you can take it.
Speaker 3: Got another No, No, that's fine. No, no, no.
Speaker 2: I because as you were talking, as often happens, and this is either a straight I think it's a strengthening professionally and a weakness personally. As you were talking, I was thirty five percent listening to what you were saying, in sixty five percent figuring out what I was going to say. So I have a slightly different theory that I just came up with, but I think makes sense. I think because I think in the past one of the massive draws of New York was the city will make you a star, so you will deal with shit, weather, abrasive media. I think tax rate stuff is a little overrated, but still something.
Speaker 3: It's something.
Speaker 2: It's not nothing that you know, the fact that some people really want a house with a yard, and in order to get that here, you have to live.
Speaker 3: You know, you deal with a.
Speaker 2: Real community Chester County, right, You've got to live a real commute away all that stuff. But people were like, if you were a big time athlete, you're like, man, but nobody knows me or I don't you know, my profile isn't big enough.
Speaker 3: If I go to New York it will be in modern society.
Speaker 2: It's not that it doesn't matter, but it barely matters in modern society because of the way media has changed, and because of the way getting your own message out has changed, and because everyone can be their own megaphone. You don't have to live here to get it out. So you know where people choose good weather, you know what I mean, good night life media exactly. And so it's not when you brought up Rogers, like Rogers is the guy judge was drafted here?
Speaker 1: Obviously?
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Rogers opted you know, chose the Jets.
Speaker 3: A couple of things. One is, the whole league wasn't after him. A handful of teams were.
Speaker 2: But if you spent fifteen years in the exact opposite of New York, in a city with the worst weather of any American sports city, the weather's not going to bother you, and it might be a cool change of Oh my god, there was nothing but a bowling alley as far as nightlife where I was. Now, I have all these options, I'm going to go there. But for when Lebron's made, you don't have to be Lebron if you are like a star quarterback in the NFL. Yes, there is something to being the quarterback for the Giants. I understand that. But would Lamar Jackson be way more famous as a Jet than a Raven?
Speaker 3: No, No, he wouldn't.
Speaker 2: Could Patrick Mahomes, who lives in Kansas City, Missouri, is it possible for him to be that much more famous?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: His tight end is dating the most famous woman in the world. And the reason like, and I'm sure they really love each other, but the reason that he was, you know, in the same room as her, was because of his proximity to the.
Speaker 3: Fame and his own fame in Kansas City. It's just changed.
Speaker 2: It's changed to where you don't have to be in, you know, one of these places.
Speaker 3: And so then why does La do well?
Speaker 2: La does well because it's god dog beautiful.
Speaker 3: It's awesome to live there.
Speaker 1: If you're rich, you can hide Manhattan's and Island right Los Angeles. You do not see Matt Stafford in Los Angeles. You never see Jared Goff people in Los Angeles. For those who the uninitiated, if you live in Manhattan Beach, you don't leave.
Speaker 4: Live.
Speaker 1: If you live in Manhattan Beach, you don't leave. If you live in Malibu, you don't leave.
Speaker 2: I watched I watched Chiefs Packers at low Wayne's house. Yeah, I'm not gonna say the neighborhood he lives in. He lives in a It was a forty minute drive from the Fox Lot and a neighborhood that I hadn't I didn't, I hadn't heard of.
Speaker 3: I drove in there.
Speaker 2: I'm like, you must just all just it's a place I'd never heard of within you know, tossing distance of downtown LA. And it's nothing but bazillionaire houses, and but it was like it's like hidden. It's like you take a left journal, like what the hell that that doesn't So that is the other thing. Yes, right about LA, there's all these different little on.
Speaker 1: You can hide in LA and you can.
Speaker 2: Leave and so so there is. But if that's not your type of thing, and you're just like, you know what I am going to if you're did Kevin Durant become less of a star when he went from New York City to Phoenix?
Speaker 3: No? No, but in the past he might have.
Speaker 2: And so that's so it just one of the biggest draws I think New York City had for athletes.
Speaker 3: Isn't there anymore?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: And I'm just not there anymore.
Speaker 1: And I also think you point to something and you this was sort of an aside, but it is impactful. First, what you're saying is right. But the smaller thing is to be in New York you had to deal with a bunch of shit to be a star, and you don't in Los Angeles. The media is soft, the weather's better, we don't have a city tax like New York. And the truth is it's a spread out town where you can hide. I mean, I'm not joking when I say this is I live in an area of town that that has a lot of pro athletes. Like I'll see somebody tonight. There's pro athletes everywhere. There's not a lot of Hollywood people, but I know somebody that lives in an area I used to live in Santa Monica, and at my pharmacy, I would see like six stars. Nobody cares. It's not sort of a Los Angeles. The industry is stardom. So the so the people on the street don't bother stars. Hey, autograph, it doesn't happen here. They just let them be. It's the best place in North America to be a star.
Speaker 3: You're a book.
Speaker 1: To give them space.
Speaker 3: And then his last point I'll make on it.
Speaker 2: If you're a sports fan, if you're an athlete, there's probably something to be said to playing.
Speaker 3: In a non die hard city.
Speaker 2: Yes, the people at the games are going to be diehards, but you know what I mean, Like it's not like, oh, well, now no one's showing up to our games. You living, you play in a big city, the stuff's going to be sold out out, but people are not ass and so yeah, and so like there is you know, the if you're in a die hard city, which is typically a Northeastern city or a city like where I'm from.
Speaker 3: Kansas City, you can't.
Speaker 2: Kansas City is a little different because we have no celebrities at all except for the athletes.
Speaker 3: So typically people.
Speaker 2: Almost leave the athletes alone because it's like we just want them to be happy, you know what I mean, like there, and it's such a small it's a medium sized city but feels like a small town.
Speaker 3: So Kansay is a little different. But if you in LA.
Speaker 2: The other good thing about being an athlete in La is you might go to the store and people might just not give a shit, like it's not even the team, like you know what I mean, Like here Lebron is one thing, you know what I mean. But I would I would imagine that let me think of a good example here. I would imagine that Russell Westbrook can go to the store sometimes yea, and people don't you know, people for the most part, you know what I mean. I don't want to say Lee Malone, but don't break out the way they would in Philly.
Speaker 1: Damon Stottomire Maxie was somewhere when he was in Portland, he was from Portland and loved it. He said, I love Toronto. He said, the hockey team, a CFL team, an NBA team, a baseball team. Damon said, you know, I'm not seven foot. I paired of peg glasses in a baseball cap On, I could hide. And in Los Angeles I've always said there there are rungs of famous. There are the rock right, but there's Denzel and then there's Lebron and then there is you know, kind of B stars, soap opera, Vin Diesee, and then there's you know, like young music stars. I mean, I'm like the thirty seventh rung of what That's what.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say is and I'm listen, I'm not you, but you and I, if we're in a similar tier of notoriety.
Speaker 3: I would argue it's kind of the best.
Speaker 2: Level of fame, yes, which is occasionally you get like like a free meal, you.
Speaker 3: Know what I mean. It's like really it's like nope.
Speaker 2: Like occasionally that you get the natural like ego boost of a couple times a day if you're out and about someone being like, hey love your stuff, you know what I mean that, But you can just be totally you're never like bothered, you know what I mean, And so that it's all the perks none of the drawbacks. The actual famous people, the truly famous people who like have to strategize how they're going to leave the house. That sounds miserable to me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: That that sounds like I would not enjoy that at all.
Speaker 2: But like, and so to your point, LA is one of the cities where you can be an actually famous athlete and not treated like one unless you want to be, you know what I mean, unless you're like, you know what I mean, you're opting into it. So yeah, I think that's probably super helpful in the way. Other's pretty good. It's a damn snowstorm right now.
Speaker 1: Are you guys have a snowstorm?
Speaker 3: Well, I don't know, it's like an ice storm something. I don't know.
Speaker 2: It doesn't really snow in New York anymore, the last couple of winters. But they think that the tonight's gonna be bad.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I got an email for my kids school saying we're gonna call it. We're gonna let you guys know at five am if school's canceled tomorrow, Like, okay, great, Meanwhile, you it's seventy four degrees and.
Speaker 1: See what the weather is. Hold on, Yeah, I'm good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's great.
Speaker 1: It is sixty four degrees.
Speaker 3: Oh, cold front for you.
Speaker 1: And a few clouds. I'm going to dinner by the beach. That's good life.
Speaker 2: Oh speaking of speaking of weather, and then we can do whatever you want to do before we're done. No matter what anyone believes in the Chiefs this year, I understand I am on the furthest possible end of optimism about the Chiefs. I think every whether I'm right or wrong, I think ninety percent of the world is going to join me by Monday because I think the Dolphins are going to look so bad in negative fifteen wind chip. I really believe that their whole past rushing unit is out injured. They are have to feel like we went from being the one seed on the road and narrowhead on a streaming service Saturday night, short week in zero degree weather, negative fifteen wind chill, and we have Isaiah Patcheko just running through us. I think that the weather is going to honestly be enough to give the Chiefs a ten point edge Saturday, and even if they're not as good as it looks. I think Saturday Kandas the city is going to look really good and the Dolphins are going to look really cold, and I think that that is going to be a huge factor in that way.
Speaker 1: I had a team that was, you know, before the Internet, that was very offensively ingenious was Air Coriel, Dan Fouts, John Jefferson, Kellen Winslow. There were these Charger teams that were kind of ahead of their time. Never won titles, but they were kind of like pre Bill Walsh, Joe mount Tina Niners. They were doing wild and zany progressive offensive stuff. And they went to Cincinnati and played a playoff game and it was four in San Diego. I mean again, it's palm trees and Fowls goes there and I remember watching the game as a kid. I've never seen human being. They might as well have been naked. They looked so uncomfortable, and there is something to be said. I am now somebody who has lived for eight years in California, and it is amazing fifty two here. It was the other night it was called windy. On my birthday party, it was windy. I told Ann, I don't know what's happened that the climate change.
Speaker 4: This is just not even she goes it's fifty it's fifty two, honey, it's a slight win like it does effect. South Beach is the last place in America. I mean it's really the best place in America during the winter. Yeah, I mean not exist. Unfortunately, it's gonna be underwater, but.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it is, no, I think, and I think that is a I think that the weather is. And that's one of my favorite things about the NFL is like there is this part of it that your most important games are played.
Speaker 3: Until the Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: Of course, sometimes there are these teams where it's like, yeah, I don't know how really good we are, but I know we can handle the coal, yes, And so if you get us to then this obviously has not been the chief story over the course of their you know, this little this era. But for other like for Cleveland or like these teams where it's like we might just Pittsburgh, we might just be okay, but we also might get to the postseason and know how to deal with what you might not have to know how to deal with. And for it is such an odd thing to me about Buffalo that Buffalo historically with John with this team has not played great yea in bad conditions, and he's from right, and they should be the team that, you know what I mean, knows how to play in these bad conditions the best. But you have these you know, you have these teams are playing domes and warm weather like I even looked. But I'm very curious if Houston were to win against Cleveland, which I don't know if I think they will, what the weather's going to be like in Baltimore that first weekend, And is Houston just gonna be like, oh fuck this, like we're not, we didn't sign up for this. And so I'm I'm very interested in how that affects all the the outdoor hold weather games as the playoffs move on the volume