Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio the George Washington Broadcast Center.
Speaker 2: Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty, I'm strong and Jettie and he Armstrong and Yetty.
Speaker 3: Another Narco boat going up in flames, this time at the hands of the Coastguard south of the Galapagos Islands in the Pacific, the Coast Guard posting on x saying over the weekend, as part of Operation Pacific Viper, the Coastguard cutter Stone conducted three interredictions in a single night, seizing nearly thirteen thousand pounds of cocaine and apprehending seven suspected drug smugglers. And while this operation was more of a law enforcement interdiction rather than a shoot to kill military strike like we recently saw over a week ago with that Venezuela and Narco boat, all of this is part of the Trump administration's crackdown on cartels.
Speaker 4: I don't know what I think about this, as watching Ryan Paul on some cable show yesterday argue, even if they were drug runners, they could have been running drugs to somewhere else.
Speaker 2: We're not the only country that likes drugs.
Speaker 4: There's lots of places that like drugs and are we just going to kill all drug dealers anywhere in the.
Speaker 2: World that are setting drugs anywhere? I mean, how do we figure this out?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't think it's nearly as simple as a lot of people are portraying it, partly because it's kind of fun and directionally, everybody wants a tougher border and standing up to the cartels because they're monstrous.
Speaker 2: I'm not worried about it, and make that clear.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you know, somebody also pointed out that these guys in the boats are either like the lowest level guys or fishermen who are just trying to earn a little extra money by taking a bail from here to there. They don't ask any questions that sort of thing. There are arguments counter that too. You know, they're selling death, they're transporting death, and their criminal enterprises organized criminal enterprises, but stuff and people without trial ought to be looked at carefully. You don't really want your government to have the right to do that because it tends to get out of hand.
Speaker 4: So one of the biggest topics in America yesterday, and we talked about it a lot, was the so called National report Card on our schools that came out that showed once again they are headed in the wrong direction, as they have been for three decades at least. The coverage of it was exactly what I expected. Unfortunately, it was blamed on COVID and then they would mention this at a time that the Trump administration has fired half of the people in the Department of Education. Neither of those things really relevant, as the numbers have been going down, as I pointed out, for decades. And you know, COVID didn't help, but it's not the cause by any means whatsoever.
Speaker 1: Well, and the idea that your child learns to read and write because of the federal Department of Education is hilarious, right, I mean that's a canard?
Speaker 2: Is they say it's a falsehood? Please? Well, in these.
Speaker 1: Minor and overblown duties and just tracking test scores and forcing schools to adopt progressive policies for the last several years.
Speaker 4: This data was from before those firings happened anyway, But I guess the idea from the media is now, we're going to try to fix this with half of the Department of Education.
Speaker 2: What makes what is it that leads you to.
Speaker 4: Believe that more government, more at the federal level, is what would fix this anyway?
Speaker 2: And where where's that come from?
Speaker 4: Oh and then I wanted to throw in, as I mentioned last hour, an eighth grader I know, talking about being in science class yesterday with kids looking at their phones.
Speaker 2: That didn't get discussed yesterday.
Speaker 4: How prevalent is that around the country, kids having phone in the phones in the classroom.
Speaker 2: That's insane to me.
Speaker 5: I can't believe that lasts five minutes, yes, let alone school by school, the whole classroom people are just sitting there looking their phones. I was told that a couple of girls sitting there with earbuds in watching videos on their phone.
Speaker 2: Of course you're not learning, Oh my god. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think it's a majority of states now have banned smartphones in classrooms. But whether it's enforced or not is you know, varies. I'd imagine state by state, and even district by district. Certainly Blue County to Red County, there's probably a difference. We got this email from a twenty year school marm. As she describes herself, I'm a twenty year veteran teacher, having taught almost every grade K through eight. I've spent the last seven or so years in kindergarten, and I agree with all of your takes on public schools and why we are failing. I believe very strongly the teachers' unions and the inability to retain students are our main obstacles to real and affected positive change. Some other food for thought, What was the purpose happening to number retain meaning whole back flunk?
Speaker 4: We think we used to call it flunk you flunked second grade now, and then they called it held back. Now I noticed they call it retain. Yeah, you're not allowed to retain people. Why you can't read or do math at the grade level you're in right now? Why would I move you on to the next.
Speaker 1: Grade, says the administrator, because that's easier for me. It'd be super hard to justify to the parents and tutor this kid and get them caught up to speed.
Speaker 2: It's super easy to pass them on.
Speaker 4: Part of that, there's a number of reasons. Part of it is the whole self esteem movement. It would hurt the kid's self esteem. Well, you're not going to help their self esteem by sending them out in the world where they can't read or do math. And they can't work a job. That's pretty hard on your self esteem too.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So anyway, some intriguing questions from the veteran teacher. What was the per capita number of books per child or books per household twenty years ago? How about the minutes per day that children interact with crayons, scissors, plato before the age of five twenty years ago is compared to now? Now we have kindergarteners arriving to school where we are now expected to send them to first grade as readers who cannot identify, much less write their name, nor do they know how to use crayons, and they've spent the first five years coloring with fingertips on screens. I could go on, and it's worth pointing out here is that And a person could certainly say, well, this is the computer age.
Speaker 2: They don't need crowns or you know whatever.
Speaker 1: But I unfortunately, as study after study has shown, handwriting is an incredible stimulator of your brain, connecting the mechanical.
Speaker 2: With the cerebral.
Speaker 1: We're talking about your brain, and there's practically no substitute for it for developing your brain.
Speaker 2: But I'm that's true, But is it?
Speaker 4: It's not the same though, when you're coloring in with your finger on a tablet, because I've done that with my kids when they would do that, it's very similar, I don't know. Or writing your fund writing with your finger instead of holding a pen. I don't know why that would be much different.
Speaker 1: I am absolutely deeply in agreement with the need for a complete overhaul the way public schools operate government schools, but we have to talk about the ways that families are or not setting their children and teachers up for success with what they are doing with their children before they reach the school doors. Thanks for beating the drums for sanity, Kta Kacas, keep talking about our crazy ass schools.
Speaker 2: It's a twenty year school, marm.
Speaker 1: I will tell you this and this, this is a statement that any sane, decent.
Speaker 2: Person must agree with. That's a good setup. And I will take all commers who deny that.
Speaker 1: We need to approach the failings of our government schools and the failings more generally of our kids to learn and achieve with completely open eyes and honesty. And there can be no sacred cow. I was spared if they shouldn't be spared. Teachers' unions, we hammer them all the time. No, you do not get to hide behind your rhetoric anymore. There can't be any fear of quote unquote blaming the victims. There can't be any fear of coming off as racist or what have you. When you and your progressive policies do them little black kids and brown kids or whatever to low achievement and failure. That's not being nice to them. That's the worst thing you could do to them. It's got to be dealt with honestly and bluntly, and don't have a lot of hope that that's going to happen. And as we point it out yesterday, and I was going to try to dredge up this article again by the absolutely brilliant Harvard economists whose name is flitted out of my head because I'm old.
Speaker 2: They figured out how.
Speaker 1: To turn around schools, and they did it successfully in Houston, poor schools with poor kids. It's known what to do, but the educational industrial complex has no interest in that. Schools don't exist to teach your childs anymore, your children anymore. They exist as a jobs program and a political patronage Program's.
Speaker 4: Me, they're still doing the test scores up on CBS. I'm happy to see because that should be a topic and it has gone down ten points. I forget if it was reading or math, which one it was, but one of them has gone down ten points in the thirty years they've been tracking it for seniors. That's an amazing drop given how much more money we spend per pupil on schools across the country. More money, less results. But one of my blind spots would be, you know, I only know my own socioeconomic experience. I don't know what it's like for most of the country, or you know, the bottom third or whatever of schools. Because that person that just wrote about kids showing up to kindergarten without any of the skills that can gardners used to have. God, where I live, the kids show up, they've already know how to play the cello and speak an of their language, and they've been to Europe and all these different things.
Speaker 2: But what I've always.
Speaker 4: Wondered is it seems like the like kindergarten, first grade is so much more advanced than it was when I was a kid.
Speaker 2: Where does the drop off occur.
Speaker 4: From your doing like math that we used to do in seventh grade in first grade but then somewhere in between it like falls off a cliff.
Speaker 2: That's what I don't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah it is. It is odd and varies a lot. Place to place a quick word from our friends and sponsors. At Prize Picks, the football is revved up.
Speaker 2: It is fun. It is great.
Speaker 1: There's some great games this weekend, and it's fun to spice it up with a little Prize Picks action. All you have to do is pick a couple of players, at least a couple of players, and say whether you think they'll do more or less than the stat projection. And they have these max discount squares at Prize Picks, Like if Travis Kelsey gets one receiving yard and you picked the more than zero point five receiving yards, you're a winner on Travis Kelce.
Speaker 4: How about if he runs into the second best player on the team and knocks him out for the entire season?
Speaker 2: Is that? Is there anything you can wager on? I would certainly hope that wouldn't happen.
Speaker 4: Well, already did download the app today the Prize picks appen and use the code Armstrong. You get fifty dollars in lineups after you play your first five dollars lineup. That's a coat armstrong to get fifty dollars in lineups after you play your first five bucks lineup prize picks.
Speaker 2: It's good to be right.
Speaker 1: Daily Fantasy Sports, Easy Fun prize Picks use the code armstrong.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Travis Kelcey says he's sick over that they just ran into each other, him and Xavier Worthy, the fastest guy in the NFL, and he might be.
Speaker 2: Out for a long, long time.
Speaker 4: Friendly fire incident. Yeah, probably has something to do with Taylor Swift.
Speaker 2: Okay, ah, right.
Speaker 4: I'm happy to see up on the screen. They're toalking about it, and it says American Kids Test Scores declining it should be talked about. It is a couldn't hardly be a bigger deal. Like I said, as usual, finger pointing goes in the wrong direction.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the dominant media, legacy media.
Speaker 1: Excuse me, We'll all be saying, therefore, we need more money, right.
Speaker 2: And then what.
Speaker 4: We've been throwing more money at it, and it's been going in the wrong direction. You'd think for for decades, you'd think that'd be enough to say, Okay, we gotta try something different.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, you'd think, but.
Speaker 1: Spanish progressivism has is their scam is easier to sell than the truth.
Speaker 4: But you said blue states, Red states with like phones in the classroom. I don't know. Is that the way it would break down? What's the Blue state argument for phones in a classroom.
Speaker 2: I've heard various arguments about.
Speaker 1: You know, the progressive parents who tend to vote in blue states say I need to be able to get together with my to connect with my kids, they've got to have their phone. And I would I would be willing to bet a substantial sum of money that helicopter parenting, snowplow parenting is more prevalent in progressive families than in conservative families.
Speaker 4: Do you know anything have any experience with in this new school year, kids with phones in the classroom? Do you know anything about that? If you do text line FOURFTC.
Speaker 2: Do you gotta see this?
Speaker 6: The woman from the viral Coldplay kiss cam moment has filed.
Speaker 2: For divorce from her husband.
Speaker 6: That's the first time someone listened their reason.
Speaker 2: For divorce as jumbo trump. The woman now.
Speaker 6: Wants to get away from the spotlight, so she's going to spend a few weeks with her sister in Philadelphia.
Speaker 4: I uh, I don't want to take a joke serious and get off on this, but I wish we would change the way we talk about that in America, to filed for divorce from their family as opposed to filed from divorce from their husband or their wife. Because that's what you're doing. I don't give a crap about the dad or the mom. They'll get over it. The kids though huge deal, never gets mentioned. It's an afterthought, and I think it's horrible, but that's my gio. Filed for divorce from her family, decided to leave, left her husband, left her family, left her left his wife, no left his family. I think would make more sense and be more accurate. Mike Tyson says he was using fentanyl back in the day, long before anybody even knew what it was.
Speaker 2: Wow, he had he had.
Speaker 4: Come across it somehow and somebody explained to him how it was like, it's something like fire hundred times more effective than morphine in terms of a pain killer. I've had morphine a couple of times in my life when I had my gullbladder out and then something around my cancer.
Speaker 2: It's pretty effective.
Speaker 4: I went from being in the worst pain in my life to zero pain, like immediately what.
Speaker 2: They put me on? The morphine?
Speaker 4: Yeah amazing, And fentanyl's way, way, way, way more powerful than that. But Tyson was taking it for his feet, I guess, back in the day, and he's now happy that he did not become more addicted.
Speaker 2: Or die for it. Yeah yeah, wow.
Speaker 4: He's a sixty year old man in the pot business now mostly how he makes his money. And he's going to fight Floyd Mayweather, some consider the greatest fighter of all time. He's the most boring fighter of all time. But anyway, Tyson's gonna fight him next year.
Speaker 1: I guess so may Mayweather, who fought the crippled Filipino man back in the day, Yes, one of the worst pay per view events in the history of pay per view.
Speaker 2: He also fought who's the lunatic Irishman? Conor McGregor. Conor McGregor, I paid for that one. I think I paid like one hundred bucks for that one. Uf Oof was right, what are you gonna do?
Speaker 1: I know a couple of surgeons who are just astounded that fentanyl is a street drug now oh really just oh yeah, yeah, It's just it's the idea that you're buying it from some dude on the street and you're trusting them to get the dosage right. It is just well, it's it's so stupid. It could kill hundreds of thousands of people. Whoops, I know nothing about this.
Speaker 4: How many people are knowingly buying fentanyl as opposed to it's in drugs to make them more addictive?
Speaker 7: Do you know?
Speaker 2: No idea? Is it mostly the first or you don't know? I don't know either. No, I honestly don't know.
Speaker 1: I know there the truly insidious part is the second, where it's used to beef up how high it gets you and cut the cost and the rest of it. But unfortunately people die a lot from it with no idea.
Speaker 2: That they're going to ingest fentanyl and whatever form.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Tyson said he was on it, uh for a little while for his toe, mostly his tow wort, and then when he stopped it, he was full on throwing up and shakes and everything like that, and he's like, whoa, what the heck? So it's crazy addictive, like really really like almost immediately.
Speaker 1: I was neglecting my pigeons. It was terrible. My tigers was looking at me with disrespect. That's a good Mike, Tyson.
Speaker 2: That's very good. Is it a mocking a lisp? Here or here he bunch me right in the face. Oh, that's just what he talks like.
Speaker 4: That is what he sounds like. It's not mocking a list, it's doing an impersonation. So give you an idea.
Speaker 2: Of what it would sound like if Mike Tyson said that, that's what it was. Indeed, he's gone soft thitter the mind.
Speaker 1: Exactly, Michael, Exactly, Jack, you need a tough enoughses.
Speaker 4: So one of the hottest stories in America is how are all these lunatics who have committed so many crimes out on the street to commit even worse crimes. We're gonna talk one of the nation's leading experts on knowing all about that coming up next.
Speaker 2: And we got to change the way we do things in this country.
Speaker 1: What should you know about cash free bail that whole system. Does it work?
Speaker 2: No? And we'll talk about.
Speaker 1: Why Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 4: President Trump says this murder was a result of state democratic policies.
Speaker 2: We saw are the results of these policies when.
Speaker 3: A twenty three year old woman who came here from Ukraine met her bloody and on a public train.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Well, one of the policies we're talking about is people not having to put up bail and getting to head out onto the street and recommit crimes, which is obviously horrifying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the idea of cash free bail, which ends up being catch and release, is very popular and lefty circles. But what's the reality of it to discuss that in some of these crimes that have happened recently. We're glad to welcome longtime friend of the Armstrong in Getty Show Topo Padilla, who's not only been a licensed baal agent for forty two years, but just finished up his term as president of the Golden State Bail Bonds Association California and also the president of the Professional Bail Agents of the United States, representing agents across the country. Topo, how are you welcome?
Speaker 2: Good's creagi be on here with you, guys.
Speaker 1: Hey, twenty seconds is probably enough for thirty seconds. Why does bail exist? What is it and why is it important?
Speaker 7: Bill has really one sole purpose up for most is not as accountability.
Speaker 2: Accountability that people go to.
Speaker 7: Court and if a law enforcement officer arrest them and they're charged with the crime, that they go to court If they don't, it is our job to go return them to court at no cost to the taxpayers.
Speaker 4: And the experience is over many many years of doing this is people are much more a likely to show up for their court date and less likely to reoffend while they're out there if there is money up because of like family pressure.
Speaker 7: Yes, it is accountability built by a bond. You know, I don't want to use the word bail, bond and bond, but we build bonds with the person that's in jail and the people that are bailing them out, whether it's family or friends that bail them out, and that bond does in fact, and it's been shown Jeff reisig Da of Yellow County Data study, and it showed that recidivism happens when you have no skin in the game. And what we do is we build that bond with our clients to make sure that they go to court and change their lives. That's it. You know, I don't throwing people in jail, Okay, that's fine and dandy. Change their lives and if you're held accountable, as we know as raising children, you might change your ways. And that's that's our objective in our criminal justice system is to change people's ways.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, one of the interesting effects of the bond or the bail system is exists is you have family and friends all get together with the bail agent and the courts as a team to say, all right, look, let's settle this problem in a smart way. Let's get the best result possible. We're all going to cooperate. Let's do this as opposed to a guy just skipping out and doing more crimes. That's not doing them any favor. What's the reality of the cash free bail, a system that's lefty states are embracing.
Speaker 7: Well, if I could say something, I was on the phone the other day with somebody who's very very close to the administration. In our profession, we have about eight to ten people that are very close to the president's this administration. And one of the things I said, hey, can we get him? Does you quit using the word cashless bail? And they said, no, he's not going to quit using that term. It's a term he's latch onto.
Speaker 2: But it's truly.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I was told that by somebody who's right next to him. The real facts of the matter is this just because it costs money to bail out of jail through a bail bonds, and they used the merge money bail or cash bail. No, it's a bail bond. And yes, you pay for a bail bond, just like be for car insurance, house insurance. It is a bail bond. So there's a monetary amount set. When somebody's arrested, say it's ten thousand dollars, they can put up ten thousand dollars to the court and if that don't go to court, they lose that ten thousand, or they can go through a bail bond and pay us an insurance premium. And that's what we do for the people that don't have the money, for the people that aren't rich. And you're right, which you said Jack moments ago. People will get together. They'll band together to bail their loved one out and they want to see them change as well. And that's where our system does work.
Speaker 1: But if you if you actually go to court like you're supposed to, the bond is just ten percent of the bail, right.
Speaker 2: That's correig.
Speaker 7: It's ten percent eight percent. There's different rates and different states have different rates. Yeah, but yeah, that's what it is, and that we put up that bail bond making sure that you go to court. And I'm telling you guys, the stats in my office, because I write bail a little different, are over a ninety nine percent success rate of returning people to court overall profession, it's a profession. We have over a ninety eight percent success rate in turning people to court. And if you compare that to somebody who just signs a piece of paper and is released. And if you look at that perpetrator, that murderer that did what he did in North Carolina, that man he knew there was nothing that was going to stop him, so just he just kept many crimes, many crimes. And that's a real tragedy. And it's sad that that young lady has lost her life to bring this to the forefront of this country.
Speaker 2: What is the catch and releases?
Speaker 1: That the term you prefer instead of cash list bail, What should we be saying.
Speaker 7: No, no, no, It should be secured bail. And this is what I said to the advisors that.
Speaker 2: I was speaking to.
Speaker 7: It should be called secure bail because we put up security.
Speaker 2: We put up in a bond.
Speaker 7: If somebody puts up to the whole ten thousand dollars. That's secured bail. There's a secured bill. There's one day I will tell you, guys a story about happened in Plasma County that had something to do with a father putting up cash in the sun running but that secure. I would ready to see the term secured bail and unsecured bail, cashless bail is a term that it's getting people's attention. But the bottom line is we want people to go to court, we want them to be held accountable, we want them to change their ways, and it's just a system that has been trounced on. However, as you guys know, in twenty eighteen Proposition twenty five, the voters overwhelmingly by more than two million votes, said we do not want to eliminate bail bonds.
Speaker 2: That within the state of California.
Speaker 7: Correct, That is correct, So we won there. Yeah, but that should resonate across this country.
Speaker 4: Even in California. People think the whole you ain't got to have any skin in the game is.
Speaker 1: Nuts, right, It's the whole protected class and unprotected class. The elite intellectuals who hold these what are often referred to as luxury beliefs because you know, you're affluent, college educated, only white people who have no idea how the real world actually works. They congratulate themselves for holding these beliefs, but meanwhile, in the hood, the people know exactly how it works, and they hate the idea.
Speaker 2: One more thought topo.
Speaker 1: You put it out in some of the written stuff you gave us that when you just sign a piece of paper say yeah, I'll show up to court whatever, and it's unsecured, that fugitive rates skyrocket and when people are on the run, they're more app to reoffend.
Speaker 2: So this actually leads to more crime.
Speaker 7: Absolutely, And one of the things I put in there that I really have to bring we in the bail profession created a fugitive. We have a fugitive problem in this country, We truly do. And those fugitives are not out on bail. They are truly out on unsecured release. And we, as bail bondsmen, are now being stimied because of a case that happened in Missouri from going across state lines ay fugitive and bringing him back. And we are hoping that the President looks at our executive order and understands all we want to do is do our job and be able to apprehend fugitives no matter where they go, because we do have a fugitive problem. And Joe, as a matter of fact, in my forty two years, when people are fugitives, they're not living right, they're not working, they're not taking care of their family right, They're on the run. In Los Angeles in twenty eighteen, there were more than two point one million warrants. Jim Cooper brought that to the Assembly floor when he was an assemblement and said that today, I promise you that is over three point five million active warrants. People that are wanted, that are wanted. Every time they see a cop, their stomach turns. And that's a problem we have in this country as hugitive.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Topo Padilla president until just very recently of the professional bail Agents of the United States.
Speaker 2: Topo.
Speaker 1: Great stuff, great information. Let's stay in touch on this. It's important. Thanks you got it. Thank you guys.
Speaker 4: So that's all true, and I believe it. The statistics back it up and everything like that. Having skin in the game for the individual and then the people that you know around them to keep them.
Speaker 2: Accountable to show up all that sort of stuff.
Speaker 4: This horrible case in Charlotte, the blonde girl being hacked to death by this lunatic. The guy's completely crazy. That guy's completely crazy. That is mostly a failure of our well, our judicial system, our mental health, the way we deal with all of that.
Speaker 2: But the guy is crazy. His mom knew he was crazy, his dad knew he was crazy. The cops knew he.
Speaker 4: Was crazy, dangerously and dangerously crazy. They were like, he's going to do something horrible sometime. We got to come up with a way to deal with that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I want to talk more about that after a quick word from our friends at Simply Save Home Security. The traditional security systems, which were also overpriced and bulky, so people didn't actually use them, just.
Speaker 2: Went off after they smashed in your windows.
Speaker 1: Right, Well, here's how simply Safe is designed to be proactive, not real active. They use smart AI powered cameras to identify threats lurking outside your home, and the immediately alert simply saves professional monitoring agents who can intervene in real time before the break in even begins.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they access to AA audio to confront the person, trigger sirens and spotlights to scare them. Off request rabbit rapid not rabid rabbit, it'd be cool, but rapid police dispatch when needed.
Speaker 2: Wow, rabbid police. Good lord.
Speaker 1: Join the more than four million Americans who trust simply Safe for their home security. Every day, sixty day money back guarantee, no long term contracts because they know you're gonna love it. Simply Safe earns your business every day. Simply safe dot com slash armstrong. You get fifty percent off your new system. That's simplysafe dot com slash armstrong. There's no safe like simply Safe.
Speaker 2: Go ahead. We've we've got to be moving toward.
Speaker 4: And I think we are with public awareness, a more willing, more willingness to lock up crazy people against against their will.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we just have to.
Speaker 1: And look, we are more than acquainted with the excesses of the past that can be dealt with. We have so overcorrected, I mean, like in a way that is well mad, it's crazy in itself. The brilliant Nelly Bowls of the Free Press wrote one of my favorite things that I've seen about this horrible case in Charlotte and how it came to be, And she describes the story and she says there are many angles to this story, the media blackout that followed the mayor's response that offered more sympathy to the killer than the killed. He was, well, I know, I know, she is absolutely evil. He was well known to law enforcement, having been arrested at least fourteen times. Over and over, he was arrested and released. The obvious question is why was this man walking free? The answer is simple, and you know I've expressed this several times. When she does it more eloquently, says, we don't like to incarcerate our maniacs until they kill. Mental institutions have been deemed too terrible an option. So in America, every lunatic gets one free murder. A lunatic who runs around trying to kill someone for years should at least get one before he is locked up. Right, Irena Zerutzko was de Carlos Brown Junior's one free murder, And they have several stories about that topic.
Speaker 2: But that's right.
Speaker 1: You can do anything until you murder somebody. Then we'll incarcerate you. Then we will separate you from all of your potential victims. But you get to murder somebody, well, we got to change that, Oh yes we do, and soon and I'm not sure how much can be done at the federal level, but it's it's a social thing, you know. Politics is always downstream of society, of the morals and beliefs of the people. Culture in short, and we've got to change the culture and help people understand that the progressive crime policies are madness in themselves.
Speaker 2: They're nuts.
Speaker 4: Depends on where you live, of course, but where I live, I walk by somebody that probably should be locked up every single day, every day, often parking my car here work and walk into the building.
Speaker 2: But to other places every.
Speaker 4: Day I come in contact with people that almost certainly should be locked up by the state.
Speaker 1: Speaking of which came across something. It's one of the most unbelievable, astounding failures of journalism ever. Seattle Times, I'm looking at you. We'll have that for you in moments.
Speaker 4: More excerpts from Kamala Harris's book, which are out today.
Speaker 2: Stirring.
Speaker 4: Stirring is the word I would choose. It's a blame athon, among other things. On the way stay here the new pull out from New York City about Momdani with a giant lead. I mean, it's most people are calling in a lock I mean, there'd have to be some extraordinary event at this point, and what does that mean for our national politics?
Speaker 2: Maybe we'll talk about that in hour three.
Speaker 1: Also next hour of Vladimir Putin putting a thumb in the eye of NATO flying a bunch of drones deep into Polish airspace?
Speaker 2: Holy cow? What does it mean? We'll get to that.
Speaker 1: So continuing briefly our discussion of the horrific murder of the young woman in Charlotte and the you know, turning back onto the street over and over again a violently crazy person, one of the really great pieces of writing thinking journalism by kat Rosenfield in The Free Press. She points out the greater issue is a cultural one. She's talking about how you know conservatives have latched on to this is yet another example of the idea that we must let serial offenders just stay on the streets for some reason. And she writes, while this vicious crime plausibly represents the policy chickens of twenty twenty coming home to roost, that only halfway explains why the story is so captured to the public imagination. The greater issue is a cultural one, a growing frustration with what often feels like limitless tolerance for public disorder and anti social behavior, and with it a sense that one must not only avoid discussing these things to remain a liberal in good standing, but actively pretend that they don't exist. And she talks about the media blackout in the wake of this murder, which didn't last because it's too horrifying and big and for the reasons we're discussing. But like Wikipedia, the editors are trying to take the page down that discusses the murder. You've got to actively stop people from talking about it.
Speaker 2: Which brings me to what I t which is.
Speaker 1: The almost hilarious failure of the Seattle Times. It's an article written by one Greg Kim mayoral candidates take opposing tax on homelessness response, and it's you know, fine in describing that about how the two main candidates. One is intent on removing tents and making public spaces usable again. Parks and sidewalks. We got to keep them clear, and we got to get people off of them and let the citizens, you know, do what they do. And the progressive challenger wants to take a more compassionate approach. She agrees that public spaces need to be used for their intended purposes, but says the city needs to get there by dramatically increasing its shelter capacity, which means finding new progressive revenue sources, new taxes. Okay, here's the punchline. This is a fairly long article. It's several hundred words, and I actually did. I read it, then did a search to confirm it. It does not once mention drugs wow or drug abuse, not once, and that is the.
Speaker 4: The leading reason for the street person problem. Yeah, they're junkie camps. These ten camps are junkie camps. They're drug abuser camps, the vast, vast majority of it.
Speaker 1: And this entire article carries with it exactly what cap Rosenfield was talking about.
Speaker 2: In the free press.
Speaker 1: You're forbidden to talk about the actual dynamics of what's happening to remain a liberal in good standing like this so called journalist, and the entire article is an implication that the homeless are merely people who need housing.
Speaker 2: It's almost hilarious.
Speaker 4: I can't think of another example of this ever, when there's a major issue, but we don't talk about by.
Speaker 2: Far, the main part of it, and so.
Speaker 4: It was saddled themselves where they had a study that showed ninety percent of the street people were drug addicts.
Speaker 1: Right now, remember the percentage, but a huge percentage were from elsewhere who had come to Seattle because they made it so easy and comfortable to be a drug addict.
Speaker 2: So then you just go the same.
Speaker 4: So then you discuss how to fix the street person problem, and drugs does not make an appearance in the conversation.
Speaker 2: Can't think of another example, right, not even in passing.
Speaker 1: That's hilarious, wild, it's bizarre and troubling too.
Speaker 4: I'll bet it wasn't even on purpose. It was that they're so married to there's a French term for it, feakes id or something like ide feaks, but it's you're so you're so swimming in a particular view of something.
Speaker 2: Right. They probably didn't even have to do that on purpose.
Speaker 4: They're just so stuck in the idea that this is an unfair e canomics.
Speaker 1: Issue right, right, And anything that would distract from that narrative is for boten, even if it means ignoring a huge part of the problem. Or this guy might say it's a small part of the problem, but anyway, there's an agreement on the left. You do not admit to inconvenient truths that might give the evil conservatives you a tool to to overturn your policies with
Speaker 4: What jobs are the most AI proof according to a poem, among other things, Next time Armstrong and Getty