Speaker 1: Hey, what's happening in this show? Boy, G Perico.
Speaker 2: Check me out on Bootleg keV podcast right now, not now, but right now.
Speaker 1: Check that shit out. We're talking that shit.
Speaker 3: Boutlet cav podcast Special guests in here. G. Slim's Revenge just dropped my dog, Gpurico. Yeah, welcome, sir. What's happening man, Well, today was a very active day, so I gotta get your immediate reaction to the Kendrick Mardys dope euphoria.
Speaker 1: I fuck with it. I woke up to it.
Speaker 3: I woke up to that ship and me too. As soon as I woke up, I was like, oh shit, if I was in bed, like I played that shit back like five times. Yeah, godly, there's so many like just there's so many lines that you really like, gotta unpack.
Speaker 1: We've been listening to it all day.
Speaker 3: It's so good. Like the pop line about the ring.
Speaker 1: Yeah Jesus, yeah, he going in.
Speaker 3: So are you taking your fourio over push ups?
Speaker 1: For sure?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure? Like on some this yeah yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean it's gonna be hard to like, I don't know what back with a disc record for that.
Speaker 1: It's like at this point Drake got to just drop a hit song.
Speaker 3: That's it, you know what I mean. Just keep it moving man, Yeah, ay it was. It was an admirable effort despite the I didn't like the AI shit. I thought that was kind of corny.
Speaker 1: But yeah, that kind of threw me off to him, like what is.
Speaker 3: But yeah, Kendrick delivered. Man. I'm excited. I hope it goes on for like another two or three rounds.
Speaker 2: But the crazy thing is, like a few weeks ago we heard it's a six minute this song, and then it wasn't coming and I'm like, oh, it really was.
Speaker 3: Well Daylight Twist. Daylight tweeted that it was nineteen minutes initially. Yeah, they trimmed it down, and they trimmed it down. I'm like, the fuck nineteen minutes he dropped. He put a whole ep on his a. Yeah, that shit is crazy man. Yeah. How are you feeling? Man? Obviously you dropped a new music, which is amazing. I just was listening to the album Sunday while I was working out great album.
Speaker 1: Dope, Dope Man.
Speaker 2: I'm feeling real good about it. Man, So I'm like stepping back out, you know what I mean. On my flood.
Speaker 1: So this the this the intro.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because you were kind of like, I feel like the last few months of the year you were kind of chilling out, you know, like obviously we're used to you just relentless.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So after hotshoting and then we went on tour and I just made a shitload of money. So and then other things going on, just going great. I've been living a little because I was I was really on one for like.
Speaker 3: Three years straight, just digging in.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So I just took some time and was, you know, relaxing, getting life in order, resetting, figuring out my new direction and all that.
Speaker 3: So just making new music, yeah, recording, plotting.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So now we're back at it, you know what I mean. We're back in the field. And gee, Slim's Revenge is a great start. Man. I didn't realize how dope the project was until I listened to it.
Speaker 3: It's fire, dude, It's good. It's a damn good album, bro.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I've been playing it back.
Speaker 2: Usually i'll do a project and I play it once or twice in the car just lie, probably do a few Instagram clips, but I'm having that ship on repeat. I had to snap out of it and get back in mold. I'm like, damn, I'm gonna get lost.
Speaker 3: Get lost in your old ship. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, Yeah. How much music you playing on? Dropping this year?
Speaker 1: At least six at the lowest six projects?
Speaker 3: Six is? I mean, we got about but seven months left?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I'm dropping another one in a few weeks. I'm dropping another one in a few weeks. And then me and hip Boy got one. Then me and Drama Shit almost done.
Speaker 3: So another drama tape. Yeah, You and hit Boy, is it already recorded? You and hit You?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we got a We got a few joints.
Speaker 3: Because you know what's crazy about it is like his like sound is so diverse, Like he could do a whole fucking NAS project and it sounds like it's some New York East Coast as ship, and then he could do some ship with you, or he could tap in with like Blast or whoever. And it's like the range is just so immaculate. Yeah, Beyonce, He's on fucking the Beyonce country album.
Speaker 2: Like, yeah, Hit is definitely an alien man, the one of one for sure.
Speaker 3: What is the difference between working with someone like Hit and then working with this asshole over here steals.
Speaker 2: Like Hit steals and steals his home team and shipably.
Speaker 1: Yeah for sure, well most of the time.
Speaker 3: Most of the time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he gotta, he gotta.
Speaker 2: He got a secret folder that he'll slip and play on accident like nigga word that's at but uh like me and steals building on some whole other ship, right, you know what I mean? And then with Hit of course somebody with like major accolades and just like just.
Speaker 3: Cultural Yeah, you don't know all this stuff he's working on at once exactly.
Speaker 2: So it's it's just a different type of energy, Like I'm stepping in a little more aggressive, and it's like like a little bit of pressure because I know he fucking.
Speaker 1: With jay z nas beyond fucking.
Speaker 2: He probably leaving to get with Kanye, so I know that he carving out time for me from dealing with like these super big icons. So it's like it's just like a it's real special.
Speaker 3: Do you do you take his lead like, because I'm sure he plays like like in terms of the direction of where the project goes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you know he'll just he'll just go through the beats, you know what I'm saying, Show me some shit he working on.
Speaker 1: I'll show him some shit.
Speaker 2: I'm working on, vibe out a little bit, and then go through the beats and he'll cook up and then I'd be like, that's it right there, you know what I mean. The last joint we did, though he played he like this it, I agreed and went in, you know what I mean, and it was a it's something a little different, but it's along the lines of my thing, right, so I think the people gonna appreciate it.
Speaker 3: You are one of the few LA artists who could actually like tour across the country, yeah, and tell tickets in like places like DC or Atlanta or New York, all these places. What is it do you think that you've been able to Cause you've done that while still being like unapologetically like LA. But like again, like depending on what project ears you listen to, like sonically, things that sound a little different. But to me, like just you as like a rapper is you're unapologetically LA. You can't help it even if you're on some down South shit, if you're on the hot shot shit, if you're on the you know, but what is you think, like the secret to how you've been able to break through the glass ceiling that I feel like a lot of West Coast artists unfortunately can't do man Like. It's like shit cuts off after Arizona for a lot of these guys.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think, just the main thing that and it's super simple, but people like look over it. You know, the most simplest answers are the hardest questions to figure out. Right, So it's basically I just I give the people something to connect to. I'll give them the story, I'll give them me, right, you know what I mean. It's not like I mean, of course it's a character, it's a brand, it's a thing, but it's actually me and it's relate, you know what I mean. And you know my goal is to inspire and and of course to move the culture forward, but like just to connect to the everyday person, you know what I mean. So I think that's got a lot to do with it.
Speaker 3: You think too, Like, I just also feel like you're like consistent because a lot of people will like, did you feel the difference between when you're on rock Nation and you couldn't really drop when you wanted to. Where the fan base has grown since the last three years, where you've been just on this tear.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a huge difference.
Speaker 2: Again, it's just like over questioning something that's already there.
Speaker 1: It's like, all right, y'all signed me for this.
Speaker 3: For a reason.
Speaker 1: And then you know, once.
Speaker 2: We get to the table, when we get to the huddle, we're trying to figure out something that's already answered.
Speaker 1: This is my thing, this is what I do, and this.
Speaker 2: Would be successful if we got the machine behind it. But with the game being how it is now, well I can't say now because I don't know how it was then or wait in it, but with the game how it is, with all these trends and trendy things and next week it's something that everybody hopping on. It's really nobody standing firm on what they stand on. So the A and RS is all over the place, like people scared to get fired, people scared to take the risks, when actually the risk that the biggest risk is when you chase these facts, you know what I mean, yep, And it's like it's more of a slam dunk when you do your thing that people love you for.
Speaker 3: So because that's something that is sustainable forever, Like if you make a sound of a record and people like you said, like it's like it's microwavable, Like then what then you're by yourself and the cold when that rock fad goes away exactly.
Speaker 2: And when I signed, like I did, like a lot of my audience did leave.
Speaker 1: Because we was already torn and doing our thing.
Speaker 2: But it was like they got me doing how you run and how I feel Like that shit wasn't me at all, you know, and the people like what's going on? And then it wasn't coming as frequent and you know, I.
Speaker 1: Got like shit to pacify myself.
Speaker 2: I was just partying, having a good time, you I mean, and enjoying the scene. But you know what I did do was meet a lot of people and learn a lot about the business. But yeah, it's a huge difference from me in and now.
Speaker 3: Right have you heard you know? Uh Grido is always telling like he's always like, yo, I'm from LA, but like don't send me no LA beats. Yeah, Like, have you gotten to the point where you're like tired of like getting like like because obviously steal and you are kind of evolving together, but like when someone sends you a pack, do they send you like what we think of getting sent you a town.
Speaker 2: Like at this point, I kind of hate packs because it's like, all right, a g Perico pack. Okay, it's not like me at all. I think people like producers or beat makers because of produce.
Speaker 1: Sure that ship.
Speaker 2: So beat makers they not doing their homework or nothing, so they probably just looking at a picture of me. Oh yeah, and they sending this ancient sound and as ship, you know what I'm saying, or this typical sound and ship. So usually when I do like say packed, uh, get packed sent, it's like, send me some ship you think I wouldn't fuck with, you know what I mean? And then it kind of aligned with the sound and the place that I'm trying to go because.
Speaker 3: For you, like you would rather be in with the producer, Yeah for sure, start from scratch, build together, yeah.
Speaker 1: Or at least be in.
Speaker 2: And it may be some beats that I hear like, Okay, this this melody is dope, this lead as dope as fuck, but this baseline is dated, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Or this baseline is.
Speaker 3: And if you're with the producer, you could be like, yo, take that out because they got stems.
Speaker 1: Yeah, swap that out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, fly this in here, drop this That's why me and Steels work so well, because gee, Slim's Revenge.
Speaker 1: I think I might have had what maybe one of the songs.
Speaker 2: I had one of the songs that I'm saying the project done, and we got in in like a week week and a half work for sessions and banged it out, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: It's with some extras, but.
Speaker 2: That's the he got to beat all right, Steals, Like we know how to collaborate, Like I respect his opinion, you know what I mean. Sometimes it's like Steals, like you make the final decision what need to go right here, you know what I mean, and then vice versas so and he not like married to one idea. I think that's like the biggest problem in creating, Like people be so married to the idea that they can't make the shit better, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: It's like, no, this is how it is, this is how it's gonna go.
Speaker 3: For sure. A lot of people are like that in the studio, the artists in general.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So I mean it's like really no growth in that. I can understand it though, when you're getting started in and you got an idea and you like trying to get the people to know you. But when you drop as much as we do, you definitely got to like just dive into your creativity and remix shit and change sit up.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Do you feel like I feel like the last like nine months or so, there's been like this, like fucking I would call it like a narrative that like la hip hop isn't like there's not really like I want to say, because we really think about it.
Speaker 1: Like it's saying it's dead.
Speaker 3: Or and the only hip have you Like when you hear that kind of shit, Because I I think I was on note Jumper and we talked about it and I brought you up. I was like, well, Geepariico's tour in the country, right, I think you're on tour at that time. You know, I was like this, you know, but when you hear those kind of narratives being put out into the world, like especially about by people who are here, like like, what are your thoughts on that?
Speaker 2: And like, you know, I mean I actually love it because I'm coming from the underdog position, you know what I mean? And then you know, if people feel like that, then that means I don't know if people ears will be closed or open, but I would think that people ears will be open to some fresh shit and they will receive it well. So I mean, I actually like the narrative right now because it put a lot of people under the gun to like bring your best shit and step forward with your best shit, and then that's when we separate like who really doing what?
Speaker 1: Who was a trend? Who was a fad? And like who really do this shit? You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: So I think that's what we're about to see moving forward in like this next twelve month.
Speaker 3: I saw one of those lines on the new Kendrick record. He's like, I think y'all just don't fuck with the West Coast and that's fine. I'm gonna keep pushing the line. Yeah, And I feel like that's real shit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's true because.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of people who live here on the music industry side, they ain't from here and they really ain't fucking with like you know what I'm saying. It's like they could live here, but they're from New York, they're from Atlanta, and like the LA scene. I don't know if it's just like it just feels like there's always like a negative connotation when you talk about La hip hops, he's out of town dudes, Like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, it's something that I really don't understand because I mean, ninety nine percent a monthfuckers is steal in some form of the culture from Los Angeles or you know what I mean. And the bad Yeah, La and the Bay like is influential as fuck across the world. So you know, when they when you know, when people say that, it's kind of like stupid when they say it, because it's like you've got a piece of Los Angeles in you some way, whether you're saying you're a crip, a blood the slang the or coming to live out here, you know what I mean, all of you fucking with the Los Angeles culture periods. So but I get it with the music, like, people definitely do need to step it up, you know what I mean, Because I would say a lot of motherfuckers do sound the same right now, you know what I mean. It's lazy, It's a little lazy, you know what I mean. But people need that fire lit up under their ass right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I just feel like, you know, there's like I think about the last like year because I'm thinking, like twenty nineteen twenty twenty, there was like Roddy and obviously new Ygil Big Bang and shit like that. I feel like the last year, as far as like a hit, we really only had So City. Yeah, like a hit, like a hit, hit, like a for real hit.
Speaker 2: Three one to oher holding it down right now. I think a lot of people just trying to figure it out, man, yeah.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: And there's no like uh like the shit like that ship was recorded on the iPhone, Like there's no like fucking formula like.
Speaker 1: You know, right right, It's.
Speaker 3: Just people just got to put up shots and like you said, just be different. Like everything that's popped out of LA has been different. The last different. Roddy was different, you know what I mean, like Kendrick different, right, So yeah, I don't know, man, I just think like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, motherfucker's scared to shoot right now or something. I don't know what it is, but we coming man for a fledge for you.
Speaker 3: Is it is it that your three dasses, when you get the feedback and you get the fans like reaching out in these other regions of the country, does that like push you to like keep on, like just because I feel like it's easy to get comfortable if you go to Vegas and do a show, or you go to San Diego and do fucking F six or Park or you go to the Bay, it's like easy to just get comfortable because you're like, well, shit, I'm making my little yeah, my little ends on, you know, off this rap shit doing in my area. But like it's almost like, well, how do you get to Detroit? How do you do to Atlanta?
Speaker 1: Exactly?
Speaker 2: And that's that's been the goal, you know what I mean. And it's actually unfolding. But yeah, the people getting comfortable, that's one thing that LA people do. Like our culture is hanging bang, you know what I'm saying, Make a few dollars, But I mean the way I look at it, bro, it's so much more to conquer and there's so much more to do. And I know, if if it's one person, we got a nice audience in DC, like we be sold out out there back East Coast. So if it's one person that say they inspired and I'm helping them with their life or get through certain shit, then I know, shit, I could get one hundred thousand people back that way.
Speaker 1: You got to just put the work in. So you know, I'm not I'm definitely not.
Speaker 2: Satisfied with the local run, especially when the market, the West Coast market is like fucking fifty places. It is for sure that you could collect bags, and that's what people not aware.
Speaker 1: Of, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: It's Nevada, It's fucking yeah, Bakersfield, it's two Sons.
Speaker 2: It's a load of these spots when people come out and you could collect and do your things. So you know, people got to just do their due diligence.
Speaker 3: Man, Uh, you do have a bad car habit. What's the last stupid car you bought? Surprised?
Speaker 1: I tried. I've been on blue trucks. I was on look.
Speaker 2: I was online all day yesterday about the cyber trucks.
Speaker 1: So I had action ordering one.
Speaker 3: I ordered one and put the I'm literally waiting for the livery day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I put it.
Speaker 3: I'm already fucking fully cashed.
Speaker 2: Out, so I had action at ordering one. But I ordered the S sixty three and it's almost here. But I'm I might fuck around it. I don't really I got an S class right now right and it's always on flat on the stocks, you know what I mean. So I don't really know if I want to go another s class. But I'm I'm I gotta get me something. I want to get something new in like this next month. But I've been online about that cyber truck and I'm mad I didn't order it because I'd.
Speaker 3: Have been six years ago, five years whenever it first dropped.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'd have been in it right now. I was online crazy yesterday.
Speaker 1: What's up?
Speaker 2: I don't give a fuck. Get it to me. I need it, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: I mean, tell one for like a buck sixty right now, even I mean it's worth one hundred though.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, they marked up crazy right now. That's what my boy was telling me, Like, gee, I wouldn't want you to do that because just marked up stupid. But I do want to be one of the first niggas in South Central.
Speaker 3: There's only four thousand on the streets right now, the popping up though. I mean, like you're right around in LA you might see one today.
Speaker 1: No, I definitely.
Speaker 2: I've definitely been seeing them every day, but I ain't been really seeing nothing freaked out except for online. They got seen a red one in Atlanta.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to figure out what the rap movie is. I'm like, I'm thinking about like a dark forest green like Matt.
Speaker 1: The off roll tires. You see. I've seen Funny Marco got a white one. That motherfucker sitting nice. I like how he got is dressed up.
Speaker 3: I saw one with like some dating's on it. Do you see that one? That shit I didn't know? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Is that is that real? Though I've seen that one.
Speaker 3: That shit was crazy. But the thing is is like if I got a cyber truck, because I don't.
Speaker 2: I've never seen the one on thirties. No CJ on thirty two's got one.
Speaker 3: See if I have a truck, I want to be able to like you know what I'm saying, like truck it, you know, I want to.
Speaker 1: Be able to drive over the Center Island.
Speaker 3: I never had a truck.
Speaker 2: And it's bulletproof too. Yeah, I want that cyber truck bad. But I'm I'm gonna either win this S six three get to Mercedes. I'm gonna either go pick that up or tell them fuck this, give me that two do GT six three. But I was looking at the Target two. I'm in wanting to Porsche. Nobody in Porscha's off here like that.
Speaker 3: I mean, just Drayson Otra. I's got the electric one.
Speaker 1: Oh that's my fuck quarter. My homeboy came to my house. The other nine and.
Speaker 3: One electric porch is nice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a blue one.
Speaker 3: I just think if I'm in the buy an electric car, it's gotta be a Tesla. They've been doing it. They've perfected you. You know what I'm saying, Like, otherwise I'm gonna get a like because I almost got a BMW at seventies that electric one that the drug and I was like, man, this Tesla supercharger shit don't work on this ship, Like, yeah, not running a Mercedes, Me and him running the Mercedes in Houston electric one. We got stranded, dude, because we went to all these charges. They're all broken down and.
Speaker 1: Then when it go dead, like bro in the car.
Speaker 3: We were literally stuck in the middle of fucking Houston until like ten in the morning.
Speaker 1: With an electric car yet.
Speaker 3: But the Tesla ship because they got those supercharger stations right, and shit is everywhere, So it's like, really only if you're in La. It makes sense if you're like in fucking some conservative as state.
Speaker 2: I got a couple of old schools coming out too this summer. Got a Cadillac Brown on switches about to be out here clowning on some mact In type ship. And then I got an eighty seven arrow.
Speaker 1: Cops.
Speaker 2: I've been having it for about eight months now. It's almost finished. Eighty seven money carlow Errow. It got the bubble back window. It's like limited editions. They only made a thousand or two in a month.
Speaker 3: What's going on with the boxing gym? You guys? Ever get that thing running?
Speaker 1: Man? We all over the place. I've been moving so much with it.
Speaker 3: People who don't know. We did like a little about you and a de Smoke with the Broadway gym.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it's pretty much just getting the staff together now at this point. But people in there are like privately training and we be in there.
Speaker 3: But it's still a thing. You guys are like, it's still coming.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's uh.
Speaker 3: It's the longest path to opening a gym ever all time. It's like two years ago.
Speaker 1: We shot it and it's definitely in the air. Man me and smoke on it.
Speaker 3: We just you know, gotta get right.
Speaker 1: It's business man.
Speaker 2: Sometimes business don't go exactly as planned, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: But we're rolling with the punches.
Speaker 3: But did you have any any expectation that Ryan Garcia was going to fuck up.
Speaker 1: Devin hates No.
Speaker 2: I would have bet like fucking twenty thousand and thirty one hundred thousand.
Speaker 3: My son kept telling me, he's like, Dad, you bet on Ryan Garcia. I said, Nope.
Speaker 1: Something told me though, to just bet.
Speaker 3: It was such a like it was such a crazy spread. I think it was like.
Speaker 1: Five thou If I could have bet like five thousand.
Speaker 3: He mopped his ass up. Did you get in it? Like obviously?
Speaker 1: So?
Speaker 2: Look, I was supposed to be at the fight, you know what I mean. Barbosa, Adrian Barbosa is my boy. I was supposed to walk him out. But I've been man, I was so dreamed. Bro, I hadn't been home in like three four weeks working on all this new music and everything. I'm like, let me just clear my schedule and relax, you know what I mean. But I was supposed to walk Barbosa out at that fight. I was supposed to be there, but I was like everybody else watching from the couch, and I was like, oh shit from the intro, like damn and for he need to be a technical fighter, Like he came out looking good, you know what I mean with the goofy ass shoes though. I think them shoes had something to do with the movement though, because it's like they was like you do it too, they like too comfortable, like you need there in some socks, you need some ship tight around your feet.
Speaker 1: I think that maybe has something to do with the movement.
Speaker 3: I'm fucked up.
Speaker 2: I'm hoping you know what I mean, because I fucked I'm he said he was.
Speaker 1: Like Garcia trolled the funk out of the whole world. Yeah, he trolled. Yeah, he did his thing, man, I was he said, he.
Speaker 3: Was like purposely sniffing like an interview, so people think he was coked out.
Speaker 1: Yeah that was a that was a good fight man.
Speaker 3: But Garcia's from here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Garcia from the i E. Right riverside river speaking.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Jesus shout to the desert.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you ever do ship out there? No, I've never performed in Victory. I don't think I've ever performed in the I E. And I've maybe been to the I E. Well no, I'm lying, like I've done like Power Onano six ship and the Beat ship when they.
Speaker 3: Be doing theelve the Center.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so yeah, I've done. But as far as my own personal shows.
Speaker 3: Got bro you gotta do like Pomona or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I got love out there. I love the AI man.
Speaker 2: I got a lot of beautiful girls out there, a lot of homies out there.
Speaker 1: I'll funk with you, know what I mean, But I haven't.
Speaker 2: A Victorville is a pretty interesting place. It's very like a so gumball pops methy out there. I mean, the southern California is Yeah, Victorville and Apple Valley very methy.
Speaker 3: It's very It's like everybody goes out there to cook meth and grow weed. It's true.
Speaker 1: It is wide open. Huh.
Speaker 3: It is wide So next time you're on your way to Vegas you drive through. Just know you get off bus the right driving Apple Valley and there's just fucking grows and meth farms everywhere.
Speaker 1: You know what's crazy? We went to the Uh was you with us? Steals?
Speaker 2: When we jumped in the car. I jumped in the suburban. When we was in New Mexico. We just sliding around. We don't got nothing to do. I'll jumped in the car, start driving around. We're like, let's go buy the breaking bad house that he hates it when people go over there, bro, we pull up, I pull up to take some pictures and Ship she tripped. It's like, that's why you buy this house or let him use your house. If you're finna be acting tell it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, someone would if someone bought that house.
Speaker 1: Like, fuck you guys, get the fuck away from here.
Speaker 3: Did you see the Did you go to the restaurant Toilson? They got like the whatever, the original restaurant?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I went there too, Like you got pictures in front of it. But I then, you know, if you.
Speaker 3: Go inside, there's like murals and ship and like actual like props from the show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, we didn't go in.
Speaker 3: And then they have a statue. They have like a copper statue of Jesse and Jesse Pikman and Walter White.
Speaker 1: On the inside. Is that the hot dog stand? No, it's a what was that stand that we went to?
Speaker 3: The one where Jesse the hot dog? So the poils Tomnos the chicken spot.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm not I never watched the show?
Speaker 3: What No, So why you even don't over there looking at Ship?
Speaker 1: I mean, it's you know, it's some.
Speaker 3: Zero, absolutely zero significance to you.
Speaker 1: It's some cultural shit.
Speaker 3: Have you never seen breaking bad. What do you watch? Fucking what are we watching?
Speaker 1: Interview?
Speaker 2: You bootleg cab interviews. You don't watch TV shows BMF. I've been off BMF. I like all the fifty ships. So I told myself last week the last episode of BMF, I said, I'm gonna stop watching until the season is over, so I could just watch because at the end of the ship is just leave me like.
Speaker 3: Fuck a throcklipanger and you can't you can't go to the next one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I'm a I'm gonna fall back for a few weeks, so I could just watch three episodes.
Speaker 3: It's crazy. It's like I tried to get into the first season of Power and it just felt real, unrealistic. Yeah, And I was like, nah, I have never finished Power, never got.
Speaker 2: Into Yeah, I was late on Power, probably like the last season. Did you ever watch The Wire the Wire Ship? Yeah, that's that's my favorite the fucking DVD. I used to be sitting in the spots in the Dope Spot watching The Wire.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's my favorite show ever. Yeah. The greatest TV character ever A gay man who was robbing all the drug dealers.
Speaker 1: I mean, everybody was shook. But that's really not too far.
Speaker 3: He was literally walking down the street and he'd whistle and they would just throw the fucking stashes out the window because they didn'tant him to come and kill him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's not far fetched, like la back in the day, Like it's stories. Of course I wasn't there, but it's stories of a gang of notorious booty bandit niggas. That was Jack and that was Jack and niggas fucking them taking pictures of them, blackmailing them really yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: It was tricky out here when when when that was the.
Speaker 3: They would fuck dudes take pictures of them, rob them, didn't blackmail them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a it's a it's a famous story about a dude. I ain't gonna say his name or where you're from, but I was in prison when he though, okay, you know what I'm saying, and he like, is a notorious been.
Speaker 1: He in a couple of books and everything.
Speaker 3: Oh Ship, Yeah, would they be doing that the famous people.
Speaker 2: Not like famous street famous people, Yeah, like drug dealers and ship who ain't had a crew on point or damn.
Speaker 1: Weaker physically.
Speaker 3: It's like break your bread or all your homies, you getting your cheeks clapped paws murder.
Speaker 1: That's why you gotta back then. You had to put that murder.
Speaker 3: Game down, Jesus, not anymore.
Speaker 2: No, that's it's a whole different time. The dope game now is just rap ship. M M this equivalent. The economy is this rap ship, the the the economy for the streets because it's it's really no more crack. When I was growing up, it was crack on everybody. Mama had dope, Granny had dope, We all had dope. Now that ship is like scarce and hardly exists. Everybody smoking meth and I don't. I don't think that's something good to sell.
Speaker 3: Is everyone smoking myth?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Ship smoking and snorting it. That's the thing.
Speaker 2: It's an epidemic like normal actually because because for people who don't know meth, there are people who could get away with being functional meth heads. Yeah, but it's rare because because because you could get some work.
Speaker 3: Done on some myth. You're clean the whole fucking house, clean the engine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you'll be up for three days.
Speaker 3: You'll fucking dig through trash cans and fucking sell cans. Trust me, my family meth heads May and Wendy and my Uncle Billy Bro. These motherfuckers used to put bikes together. My ants fucking apartment was full of bikes, bike frames, bike parts. These motherfuckers would just be up for days putting bikes together and try to sell them. Yeah, stealing bikes.
Speaker 2: One of my most plaariss homies growing up be a little bit older than me, but I ran with him and he was like super player. Like if he was like still on this ship today, he'll be like a real legendary notable. Especially with me doing my ship. He reminds like Sauce Walker. Remind me of him so much. Every time I see Sauce Walker think about my homie. But when I got off the pen, he was burnt smoked out. He pull up on me on a bike with no with no tires on it, just the rim.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, that's not sustainable.
Speaker 2: That ship was that shiit crazy. I don't even be trying to see when I be in the area, like I hope I don't, because it's like it fucked me up, you.
Speaker 1: Know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Off a myth off of meth talking to a self tripping like and it's a it's a slew of others too, like I'm working on like a doc about this ship though about myth. Yeah, because it's an epidemic, bro, this ship. The people people talk about fucking on that myth. That's like the fentanyl and meth. Like fentanyl is killing everybody. So that's why it's like super popularized. But it's way more people doing fucking math. Well, it's probably equal because that's the thing, the pill ship and the math ship.
Speaker 3: Well, you know a lot of engineers and video editors that.
Speaker 2: Are on adderall yea, all the crediment.
Speaker 1: So I took out of all one time.
Speaker 3: It's literally meth. It's anetamine.
Speaker 2: I took aderall one time. And when I had the studio around the corner from here and my boy is telling me, Bro, I do ten songs off of this ship. I said, yeah, all right. And then one day I'm like, fucking give me some of this ship. Give it to me. I don't do not one song. We end up going to south By Southwest. The next day, I drive my beans to the airport, left it at the airport, didn't sleep none, get out there do my ship. I'm still up when.
Speaker 3: I ran into you a couple of years.
Speaker 2: Ago, probably so no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no before that, before that, because we was that was like two years.
Speaker 1: Ago on ars. Yeah no, no no, we was like mushrooming right then. We were like that.
Speaker 3: I was tripping balls.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hey, you know how to have a good time, but uh, bro, I was tripping. I booked my flight early, left and everything, and I don't get nothing done. I said, I'll never do this shit again.
Speaker 3: Was like not productive. I know people who edit, like they'll shoot the video, edit the whole bitch, the whole fucking night, and you'd be like, wait, it's already done, fucking adderall.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's like college, because yeah, they.
Speaker 3: Just study, they do adderall. Aka just I don't know if you're sucking dick for adderall, you might suck dig for methough.
Speaker 2: Yeah, outall so easy to get, do you get? You think you get like smoked out and burnt out and lose it behind adderall.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, for sure, there's people I know that are addicted to that ship. You can't function without it.
Speaker 1: But to each his own, man.
Speaker 3: I never got hooked to any like real drugs, thank god. Only thing that I've never even done a pain pill.
Speaker 2: Only thing I couldn't stop taking it was ecstasy. When ecstasy hit and was like, good man, I was on that ship.
Speaker 3: Was it for the sex or would you just take it just to fucking.
Speaker 2: All of the above take the X boomb my my game. I'm spitting my best I'm talking my best ship. Feel like I could run through a wall turned and then I'm fucking bitches to sleep, you.
Speaker 1: Know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: And it feels better.
Speaker 1: Man, that ship was like the first mine.
Speaker 2: I took a half a pill and after that, bro, I was like hooked for.
Speaker 3: Like this, yeah, because I've never done it, so like I wasn't been scared of pills. So you are an ecstasy like someone touches your arm or touches you, you know, the girls start sucking r dick. It feels like way better. Yeah. Interesting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, It's like I.
Speaker 3: Just be afraid these days to get like anything clean.
Speaker 2: Nah, these days it's like because you don't know what the drugs taking not drugs not cool these days.
Speaker 1: I mean they never been cool, right, but it's just.
Speaker 3: But at least you knew back then you were getting shipped like that wasn't fucking.
Speaker 2: That's not gonna kill you. You ain't gonna wake up looking at the back of your eye list. Yeah, yeah, it's tricky these days. Like they putting Fenton on and everything. I know so many people and then died from sniffing blow.
Speaker 3: That was they got a good cocaine.
Speaker 2: Find three niggas in the room dead my office Downtown, I think like two people. Was I'm coming to the office. They pulling the bodies out as I'm pulling up. Shit crazy. Downtown is crazy. Me and him were down there. I had to go do an interview with food Community and it was in the middle of skid row.
Speaker 3: That ship was crazy. We're dodging human ship and puke everywhere. Fu.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Downtown is nasty itt shits crazy. I know niggas that be hustling down there.
Speaker 3: Everybody traps downtown.
Speaker 1: What's the fucking point?
Speaker 2: Like niggas that actually sell dope on the streets, like the high rises is all weeds possible, But like downtown niggas is actually hustling. Like my whole thing is like bro we hustling to get fly and do fly ship right, So like blending in with this ship and then starting to become that what was the point of hustling if you downtown for two three years and ain't got a big house and you still like that shit?
Speaker 1: Is it don't make sense?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I mean a lot of the like hand to hand people were that's so like there's no real money in that.
Speaker 2: Nah, you better off working at target actual job. Yeah, you better off working at Target.
Speaker 3: You'll make about the same amount of money and you won't you're not going to jail, and you're not going to jail exactly. Have you found it more challenging because the more successful you get, you obviously your post your fucking accolades a lot in your giant, amazing house and your cool pool and all that awesome shit on your cars, but like you also get a lot I feel like I'll see people hating on you, like here and there. Is it hard for you to like keep focused and not let the o g come out and like react to like some of the dumb shit that's out there or any of the stuff that like you might hear.
Speaker 2: I mean that's something that I kind of conquered a while back because a lot of that shit's ego shit exactly, it's ego. It's emo, you know what I'm saying, and not logic. You know what I mean, so it's like more logic than start coming into my program and just me as a person, me as a man.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean.
Speaker 2: But uh yeah, I'll be having that itch to go trip, you know what I mean? Sometimes and sometimes I even place myself in a position. But thank god, shit ain't never really went too bad, you know what I mean. But uh yeah, that shit is tricky, man. But hate is like something that I've been experiencing from the intro. But back in the day, the way to combat hate, We'll go get ignorant and be dumb shit, and it's like shut up, you know what I mean. But now that's not the case. So that's the whole point of G. Slim's revenge, you know what I mean. Segueing into that, that's the point of G. Slim's revenge, all of hate in the sidebar bunk shit. It's like, Okay, my revenge now instead of coming doing something to you or however it goes, it is the success.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna do more.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna work harder, I'm gonna do it bigger, I'm gonna inspire more people, and I'm not gonna not gonna dwell on that ship or or or respond with more negative, ugly shit, because that shit not ap pelling.
Speaker 1: That shiit not bringing people to the show.
Speaker 3: And it weighs on you whether or not you even like like realize it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure, that energy, you know, Yeah, and that's what we don't need, you know what I'm saying. So the revenge is you know, me smiling, looking good, bigger spot, faster.
Speaker 3: Cars, anything. Obviously, the closing life is still going up. Yeah, any other entrepreneurial endeavors that you are doing or.
Speaker 2: Looking, Yeah, I got a few things that we've been working on diligently behind the scenes, you know what I mean. We'll be announcing so or even if I announce, you know what I mean. But yeah, definitely got a few things. Because the way I'm looking at it right now is like I'm still excited about music. I still love doing it, you know, but I knowed it to come to a point where it may be that one year where I'm like, fuck this shit, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Or can you tell me that somebody had like offered you a bag for some of your catalog.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it was trying to give me five million for the for the catalog for all of it. Yeah, but I'm like, well, not all of it, like just but a nice chunk, a nice chunk of it. So you said no, Yeah, I said no because at the time, it's like, all right, ship, we generating close to it. So it's like, if I'm a sell for five million, I got taxes, I got to hit people off, and then dude that brung the deal to me, he wanted his cut.
Speaker 1: So by the time you might take them two yeah, So by the.
Speaker 2: Time it trimmed down, it's like we already doing more than that, you know what I yeah.
Speaker 3: And it's also like unless you really have a plan to like and you need that kind of liquidity to bust the real move on something like whether it's you really don't I mean the residuals on your catalog, it's fine.
Speaker 2: Exactly, and it's and and what people don't realize is like five million is really nothing when you talking about your career, right and your catalog if you own it, your catalog is leveraged to your business moving forward years, you know what I mean. So say, for instance, I go to Empire, my catalog is generating a million dollars a year at one point two and I need to get something done.
Speaker 1: Let's say I don't got liquid at the time.
Speaker 2: That's my leverage to get some liquid and push whatever record or whatever I need to be done, or even if I got some other business that I want to hustle and twist and then drop the records. But once you sell the catalog and don't let you fuck the money off, you fuck. So say, for instance, you then sold your catalog, you done ran through the money. You get a record that's bubbling right where your leverage out in these buildings, you know what I mean, You're gonna have to sell your whole entire asshole.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but so you have to sell your soul to kid not for sure, because you literally plush your leverage on the toilet for you know exactly, short turn back.
Speaker 1: So it's like, if I sell the catalog, they gotta.
Speaker 2: Be at least like twenty five million. So that's why we, you know, we bother.
Speaker 3: How many independent projects are just yours right now? I've removing rock Nation stuff.
Speaker 2: Shit, everything from twenty twenty one, I think is what like fifteen sixteen projects something like that.
Speaker 3: Jesus two and a half years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, going on, yeah, going on, yeah, three A little bit over three now you feel like because I started twenty twenty one, So January first, twenty twenty one, I dropped the first record back fully Independent, that was keep Killing, and then I dropped like three projects within fucking forty days.
Speaker 3: Do you feel like artists? I feel like artists are They like to complain, but they don't like to put the work in there.
Speaker 2: Lazy A lot of guys, that's what anything like that's really the streets now, right, And with a lot of artists coming from the streets, whatever position they play in the streets, you in the streets, you know what I'm saying. And like, motherfucker's got this entitlement thing environment. Man, I'm wootie whoop or motherfucker do one thing and expect the world and go spend more energy complaining instead of trying to figure it out, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: And then you in.
Speaker 2: That cycle, like we said, the negative shit, that shit weigh on you and fuck with your mental and set you back so far it's like it's no room for winning. Like we already walking through a dark tunnel in this industry looking for the light. So shit like that like destroy you. And that's when you hear niggas saying the game is fake. Fuck this shit woop whoop. It's shit a million times better than the streets. It ain't fake as the streets. This rap shit is nowhere near fake is the streets, because you really getting money, you really got an opportunity. You really could take your life in whatever direction you want. Like in the streets, it's so many loops and so much shit you gotta dodge and jump through and worrying about it. Niggas shooting you in the back of the heads you sliding with you know what I mean, or nigga, you wit setting you up with the police, Like, yeah, the streets is definitely fakering in the rap shit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, I think you're just you know, I just think like you said, like there's a whole I think it's a generational thing. It's like certain certain generations.
Speaker 2: Like yeah, niggas just want to sit on their ass, look on their phone and be in this false reality, you know what I mean. And then when somebody start getting ahead, it's like, you can't cheat the work.
Speaker 1: Man, No, you can't.
Speaker 3: You might get lucky, you might, you might strike on something.
Speaker 2: For sure, you could. You definitely can't anybody for sure. But then it's like, all right after that, what you're doing, you gotta build after that, because you could you could come across the lump summer money easy. But if it's no program or like no machine or no thing or no plan going, that ship is going to evaporate.
Speaker 1: Fat. You could spend a million dollars fast, fat. I then did it?
Speaker 2: People really until you got that liked that happened, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: So your bills get more, Yeah, your lifestyle get bigger, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I think a lot of people lazy man, and you know it sucks, but it's great for it.
Speaker 1: It make niggas like me shine even more.
Speaker 3: H you mentioned earlier obviously project with hip Boy on the way, a few projects come in. Is there an artist out there who much you would? I think it would be dope for you to do it like a collad EPR album with it. You haven't worked with that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a lot of artists.
Speaker 2: But off the top of the dome right now, I'll be lying if I if I said a name, it's a few though that I'll be open to.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean. It's the opportunity to do itself. Shit, I don't know right now?
Speaker 3: What about you and Quick?
Speaker 1: Oh? Quick?
Speaker 2: So I'm supposed to be on I was supposed to do something for Quick album, but I was traveling.
Speaker 3: That's a fun wild thing for you to say you should have and we just got the studio whatever city was fucking DJ Quick.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was trying.
Speaker 3: You've had so many comparisons to him over the years.
Speaker 2: I feel like definitely, And when I first heard it, I was like, this is like a new Quick low key.
Speaker 1: I agree.
Speaker 2: The sound is, the vocals is definitely similar. We just actually just sampled a Quick. I've seen Quick make a post sample my ship. I'm clearing it, so we gotta We got a quick sample on hot shot, you know what I mean. I ain't ran it passing yet, but it'll be across his desk in the next couple of days.
Speaker 3: He wanted you to get on his ship.
Speaker 2: Problem putting it together, So problem got at me and I kind of missed it.
Speaker 3: I was Jason Martin.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was.
Speaker 2: Moving around so much, man, but I think I still got action.
Speaker 1: I'm actually hit him after this.
Speaker 3: Got man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I funck with Quick, but I probably want to do a collab with, uh, somebody.
Speaker 3: I would like you to somebody. I think somebody Detroit would be hard.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like Payroll would be dope.
Speaker 3: Pal Giovanni. I feel like cash Kid would be hard.
Speaker 1: Cash Kid.
Speaker 2: I'll be honing at cash Kid too. We're supposed to do something and cash Kids hard, dude, cash Kid super far. I'm tell him, man, every time I hear you, bro, I be thinking about just going to rewrite my whole cattle.
Speaker 3: Yeah. His pen game is crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So yeah, all right, Well look man, the new album is out.
Speaker 1: Gee, Slim's Revenge.
Speaker 2: No Voute made twenty fifth me and still's going live, and then we uh it's.
Speaker 3: Made twenty fifth al right, so I gotta I'll be there, and then web Time Headlight and Novo.
Speaker 1: Nah, that's my second. We just did it in November.
Speaker 2: I was right Palladium, but the date we went it wasn't available. So I'll be doing Palladium at the end of the year.
Speaker 3: So Novo again in May.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no Palladium and then yeah, we're doing Palladium, So no vaute May twenty fifth, and then we uh go announce these new dates and hit the road man, So.
Speaker 3: New tour coming. Yes, sir, there it is g Perica. Appreciate you.
Speaker 1: Ready enterprise Click baby boom