Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: It's the final hour on this Tuesday. We'll check in with Seat and O'Conner. He's on the road with a French kid headed to the French Quarter. He'll join us coming up here in a little bit somewhere in Virginia. Phone calls are welcome. Operator Tyler sitting by. Good morning. If you're watching on Peacock, our streaming partner and our radio affiliates. iHeartRadio Fox Sports Radio over four hundred affiliates around the country. I've watched some basketball last night. I watched Cooper Flag. He had twenty three in the second half as Duke pulled away from North Carolina State. And Duke has won fourteen straight games, including their first ten in the ACC first time they started out that way since two thousand and seven. Did watch some NBA as well. Klay Thompson had seven three pointers in the first quarter the MAVs beat the Wizards. Of course it was against the Wizards. He is now one of two players to have three games with seven or more three pointers in a quarter. I'll let you try to guess this one.
Speaker 3: Marvin.
Speaker 2: You're usually pretty good. You're gonna have to pull this one out.
Speaker 4: Can I get one hint?
Speaker 3: Mmmm spotty NBA career Jr. Smith Bloo bloom bloom Wow Jr.
Speaker 2: Smith Wow seven or more three pointers in a quarter. Klay Thompson had that last night. I was also watching the Lakers. Anthony Davis went forty two and twenty three as the Lakers beat the Hornets, So the first forty twenty game this season. He has five of those games in his career, the most of any player since Moses Malone, who had seven. Dang stat of the days, sad of the day past, stead of the day the day?
Speaker 4: Here comes that why status?
Speaker 2: They brought to you by Pennine America, the official trading cards of the program. By the way, Wilt Chamberlain holds the NBA record for the most forty point twenty rebound games.
Speaker 3: He had two hundred and thirty one.
Speaker 2: Come on, the rest of everybody else who has played in the NBA in the history of the NBA combined have one hundred and eighty eight such games. Wilt had two hundred and thirty one.
Speaker 5: Yes, Pauline, We've talked about this a number of times. He doesn't get treated like a normal athlete or a normal NBA player. He's like a creation like Babe Ruth.
Speaker 2: But we acknowledge Babe Ruth, Right, we don't acknowledge Wilt Chamberlain's stats.
Speaker 5: Right, Why would Why can you not say he's the greatest NBA player of all time individual player playing ability? Why can't you say that?
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know if you can say ability, like that's tricky. Well, but if you say statistically accomplished, which is.
Speaker 5: Don't you need the ability to do that?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 2: John Stockton is the all time assistant Steeles guy, and I don't know if people go, boy, he had unbelievable ability, right, So I think you can have stats, but I don't know if you have to have athleticism to go with those stats. Now, Wilt was a great athlete track and field, volleyball, basketball, But I don't know why we don't honor his stats acknowledge them the way we did Babe Ruth.
Speaker 6: Yes, Martin, I think the fact that he did it during the Celtics run of eighth Street Championships, I think that hurts him. Yeah, because he wasn't the dominant team, or he wasn't on the dominant team.
Speaker 4: What do he got two rings.
Speaker 2: But the thing is his team was really good. He had really good players on his team. He just didn't come up big against Bill Russell, or his team didn't come up big because Wilt would have, you know, forty points and twenty eight rebounds and they would lose, where Bill Russell could have eleven points and twenty three rebounds and they would win.
Speaker 3: But he had a better team. Yeah, pulling, but will.
Speaker 5: Statistics are so drastically better than the next best player during his era. It would be like if there was a receiver on a team that didn't win, who is averaging one hundred and seventy five catches a year for seven or eight years broke well, he didn't really win anything, and he didn't really do anything, but he averaged one hundred and seventy five catches.
Speaker 2: Nikola Jokich had thirty three, fourteen and twelve. That's his sixth triple double in the last seven games. He has twenty one triple doubles so far this season, and most of these triple doubles have occurred before they even get to the fourth quarter. Once again, he's not going to win the MVP because I think there's voter fatigue. I think they want Shay Gilges to win it, and if he does, great, I mean, it's a good story for the NBA. But I keep coming back to the same thing. He's the best player in the NBA. There's nobody like him. And when his numbers are mentioned, the player comp is Will Chamberlain. That tells you everything you need to know about a guy with today's NBA and a guy was playing in the sixties, in the early seventies, he is it's every night like I'm surprised when he doesn't get a triple double. In fact, when he gets a triple double, and I go many, only event fourteen assists, huh, twelve rebounds and I think the last not this game against Minnesota he did not have a triple double. Well, going against Rudy Gobert, of course, and he shut him down. I had a friend of mine's a timberwolf, and he goes, yeah, how about your joke it?
Speaker 3: And I go what. He goes, didn't have a triple double.
Speaker 2: I said, hold on here, hold on, are you saying that Rudy Gobert shut him down? He goes, well, I said, all right, congratulations, and Rudy Gobert, give him another defensive Player of the Year. Yeah, yes, Martin, I can't wait till the playoffs.
Speaker 6: When Joker treats not Wenby Rudy Gobert like barbecue chicken.
Speaker 4: Wow, he's gonna eat him up.
Speaker 3: Wow Wow. All right.
Speaker 2: The Jimmy Butler situate, he got suspended again. I think he was told during a morning shoot around or walk through he was gonna be coming off the bench, so he walked out of practice. See, he benched himself again. And if let's say I was Jimmy Butler's agent, no matter what's going on with the Miami heat, the disconnect with pat Riley, your teammate, whatever it is, I would say to Jimmy, can you play hard for two weeks? Just be a great soldier, Just play hard, give it everything you got for two weeks. Speak to the media, you know, embrace everything, he culture everything, and then let's see if we can get you traded. But you're your own worst enemy who gets hurt by all of this. Yes, does Miami need you? Yes, but you're just basically handing I mean, what are you now three million dollars that you've just said, Hey, here you go. Yes, Pully.
Speaker 5: This is his third suspension in the month. He's on pace to lose more than five million dollars a salary.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just play because now it was always somebody else. It was always another organization. It wasn't him, And then you went to another organization, and then it was about that organization. Then you went to another one and it was about that organization. Now here are heat Culture, and it's about that organization. If you're the Phoenix Suns, do you want that? I mean, I don't want Bradley Beal, but do I want Jimmy Butler? And Jimmy Butler is gonna want another contract. I don't want that. But if I I maybe pat Rolly's just saying, all right, you want it this way, I'll just keep suspending you. And it felt like, you know, games are on the line, playoff basketball, you wanted Jimmy Butler. He was on the short list of damn, that guy is great in the playoffs and he has been. But it felt like there was the public friction bubbled up when Jimmy said, if I had been playing that we would have won, you know, in the playoffs, and pat Rolly basically said, shut up, you didn't play, don't want to hear from you, and then it got worse. I don't know if it gets better anytime soon. Plus, if i'm the heat, I'm not obligated to send you anywhere that you want to go. Maybe we send you to Toronto, Maybe you go to Memphi, like there's no hey, you go. Maybe we'll send you to New Orleans. I don't know, but it's a shame because this is the kind of thing.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 2: Is he a Hall of Famer, Yes, but just that it stays with you and maybe he doesn't even care about them. But you know, I go back to Tara Owens. Tara Owens, Remember he made the catch? Was that against Green Bay? Steve Young threw it to him, an unbelievable catch. He's emotional, he's crying, and people are like, oh my god, that guy's unbelievable. And it just felt like he was until he wanted out of a place, came from a small school, came out of nowhere, one of the greatest wide receivers, probably top five of all time, and then all of a sudden it became about everybody else, and it wasn't about him. He wasn't the problem. Everybody else was and that's not the case. And that's the same thing with Jimmy Butler. Great player, but doing a disservice to himself. All right, seatanel Join is coming up in a little bit. How about we play the best hire worst hire game. The Saints can't be involved in the game because they haven't hired anybody yet. All right, PAULI, you want to want to start off with best hire, worst hire?
Speaker 5: Here we go, Dan, here's the rationale in three years from now.
Speaker 4: Who's doing the best who is.
Speaker 5: No longer with their team? That's kind of the rationale. Aaron glemm with the Jets, Liam Cohen with the Jaguars, Brian Schottenheimer, Shoty with the Cowboys, Pete Carol with the Raiders.
Speaker 2: Would like to go first, Todd, Why didn't you go first? Give me the best hire out of that group?
Speaker 4: Pete Carroll, right.
Speaker 8: I think he's gonna help turn things around with the Raiders, and I'm gonna go Liam Cohen maybe just recently biased on just watching some of those press conferences, I don't think it's going to go well anytime.
Speaker 2: Okay, So that's your best and worst hire. Dylan, who's in for setan.
Speaker 9: Best Hired Dan. I'm going with my new guy, Liam Cohen.
Speaker 2: The Bucks offense look good this year, okay, and I think, yeah, he's in a good spot with Trevor Lawrence. Okay, worst hire, I thin't gonna go Brian Schottenheimer. I do like that his middle names Cornelius, but I still think that it's an odd pick for that franchise.
Speaker 3: Going for it's a perfect pick.
Speaker 9: It makes too much sense.
Speaker 3: That's it's a perfect pick.
Speaker 2: That's why it's a problem because it fits in with everybody else that they hire to a t Yes, Marvin best hire, worst tire.
Speaker 4: Best Hire. I'm gonna go Brian Schottenheimer. I'm playing Aaron Glen.
Speaker 6: I like Aaron Glain and then the worst is shoddy, looks like a robot.
Speaker 5: Okay, Paulie, best Hire, worst tire, Okay, worst hire. Aaron Glenn's not a bad hire. The situation he's going to is tainted, the ownership is still in place. It's not his fault, Aaron Glenn, that he's going to a situation that's very hard to fix. Best hire, Liam Cohen, I'm buying that stock low. The weirdness of yesterday, the Jaguars have a lot of room to improve, a division that's winnable, some talent on the roster. Despite his off putting this yesterday, he got there for a reason. Liam Coleman has a lot of upside.
Speaker 2: I'm going to say best hires Pete Carroll because they at least have respect. Now you got somebody who's you know, been there, and you got Tom Brady with him, and I think just to get kind of reset, hit the reset button. I think that was a great heart that like right now today, best hire now long term, you know, it might be Aaron Glenn, it's just it's the Jets now.
Speaker 3: The worst hire.
Speaker 2: I would I would say Brian Schottenheimer only because it's the Cowboys and we expect more and it may not be him, but I think you're going into a situation where your your your title as coach when you pull up to the building and says head coach, you can park there. But there's a parking spot that says head coach, GM and owner and that's Jerry Jones.
Speaker 3: Yeah, point and.
Speaker 5: Jerry spot is like eighteen feet wide. It's roomy, you can fit like an RV.
Speaker 3: He parks differently.
Speaker 5: He parks sidewayway on purpose and Schottenheimer's spot is like one of those compact cars.
Speaker 2: Only David in Ohio, David, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 11: Dan, Now, good morning. I got a two comments on the Cowboys situation. Yeah, first, why doesn't Jerry doones this coach the team? And a second, I would do a little research and it appears that VHS tapes tend to deteriorate after twenty some years, thirty years, So now this point, Cowboys fans will no longer be able to watch their team on VHS tape in the Super Bowl.
Speaker 10: So maybe one of the maybe one of the you know, press conference people, can bring that to one of Jerry press conferences and save without a rattle from feathers.
Speaker 3: So thank you, right, thank you, David.
Speaker 2: Maybe they've converted those to DVDs maybe, yeah, you get those grainy videos.
Speaker 3: Now? Are you sure the Cowboys won back then?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah they did. They won three Super Bowls? What Marvin?
Speaker 4: They probably should have won five? Wow.
Speaker 6: They're literally in that Shaq and Kobe Lakers conversation where both of those dynasties won three and everyone says what could have been?
Speaker 2: Well, definitely with Shaq and Kobe, because you know, two of the greatest ever play you can only have five on the floor, and they're playing at both ends where you know, the Cowboys obviously there's twenty two players that offense and defense, so a whole lot tougher to be able to keep that together and make a run in the NFL.
Speaker 3: With the NBA Shaq and Kobe. They should have won six yeampon.
Speaker 5: And the big winner is Jimmy Johnson. Everyone knows they should have kept him, and every year his coaching record looks better and better and better.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Patrick in Arizona. Then we'll take a break. We'll check in with Seaton on the road.
Speaker 3: Hey Patrick, good morning, Dan, you morning guys. How Will doing great?
Speaker 4: Yep? Great?
Speaker 11: So I am.
Speaker 12: Wondering if anybody caught the moment during the game on Sunday when Jim Nanson Tony Romo, he was in the fourth quarter Chiefs were driving and Jim goes Tony goes.
Speaker 7: I don't know, Jim, Jim goes Tony.
Speaker 12: They did the bit as a as a joke. They knew that they.
Speaker 4: Were doing it.
Speaker 12: But the problem is the Chiefs went into a hurry up offense, so it kind of got stepped on and Jim had to jump back in and kind of go with actual commentary. But I was really wondering if anybody heard that.
Speaker 2: I didn't because Seaton does it better than Tony does.
Speaker 3: So whenever Seaton does no.
Speaker 1: I don't know, Jim, they could run it.
Speaker 3: They get bazard Tony.
Speaker 2: So it's like I can't hear al Michaels now without thinking of seating with very go.
Speaker 3: He's ruined it for me.
Speaker 2: There he goes, all right, we'll take you break, seatonl Johns from the road. More of your phone calls coming up. We're back after this Dan Patrick show.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app. Search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 13: Hey, Steve Covino and I'm Rich David and together We're Covino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio. You could catch us weekdays from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and of course the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 3: Why should you listen to Covino and Rich.
Speaker 13: We talk about everything life, sports, relationships, what's going on in the world. We have a lot of fun talking about the stories behind the stories in the world of sports and pop culture, stories that well, other shows don't seem to have the time to discuss. And the fact that we've been friends for the last twenty years and still work together. I mean that says something, right, So.
Speaker 3: Check us out.
Speaker 13: We like to get you involved, to take your phone calls, chop it up. As they say, I'd say, the most interactive show on Fox Sports Radio, maybe the most interactive show on planetar. Be sure to check out Cavino and Rich live on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific, And if you miss any of the live show, just search Kvin on Rich wherever you get your podcasts, and of course on social media that's Covino and Rich.
Speaker 2: I was just mentioning to the dan Ats. I went to a restaurant. I sat at the bar. Last night, Jeopardy came on. Guy next to me blurts out answers and he missed seven in a row. Didn't stop, but I started laughing, and then he wanted to know what I was laughing at. And I said, you've missed seven in a row, and he goes, the game's not over yet. He proceeded to miss the next four and so it was a little frosty, but I I just had to call him out. He was blurting it out in front of everybody, like, dude, give it to yourself, okay. Or when you play trivial pursuit, you always know the answers to the question that the other team gets.
Speaker 3: So when they get you.
Speaker 2: Know, who's the first man to break the four minute mile? And you go, oh my god, you always know their questions.
Speaker 3: You don't know yours. Yes, Tom, I was just going to say that I was on a tip of my time.
Speaker 14: Then I should have said it.
Speaker 2: Then Seaton O'Connor is on the road and back in West Virginia.
Speaker 15: Let's go, Yeah, let's go.
Speaker 3: Where exactly are you in West Virginia.
Speaker 16: A town called Wheatland, West Virginia, which we're in the parking lot of a place called TJ's Pit Stop, which I think Paul would absolutely love. But if you know, West Virginia is shaped like this, Oh, we're right here in this part.
Speaker 3: Watch that. Don't turn the finger around.
Speaker 15: This is the shape of West Virginia. We're right here in the thumb part of it.
Speaker 3: Okay, where's your next destination? We're on our.
Speaker 15: Way to Winchester, Virginia. We're about thirty minutes outside of there.
Speaker 16: We hit some traffic on the way, so we'll be there, you know, right around noon or so.
Speaker 15: And then after that we're heading down to North Carolina.
Speaker 3: You're gonna set up camp in Charlotte tonight.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 16: We're gonna try to make it to Charlotte tonight. We're definitely going to Greensboro next and if we get to Charlotte, we'll be in Charlotte. If not tonight, then tomorrow morning.
Speaker 3: Any drama along the way with you and the French kid U?
Speaker 16: No, no, no drama. We saw Ross Tucker yesterday was stuffed at his house. That was awesome.
Speaker 7: Dude.
Speaker 16: He's got a great setup there. He really that dude. He has cracked the code of life. He's doing very well for himself there. Yesterday at one of the locations, the Makeo locations, a guy came to visit.
Speaker 15: A bunch of people have come out by the way, which has been really awesome.
Speaker 16: But a guy came out and he was at Carolines the night Todd was there.
Speaker 12: It was awesome.
Speaker 2: The night Todd closed down Carolines in New York City.
Speaker 14: To banded their money back.
Speaker 16: Yeah yeah, he was like, he was like here, remember McLevin, he tucked it.
Speaker 15: Oh wow, you just fulled over guys yelling.
Speaker 2: That's when McLevin tucked the tablecloth into his pants and then he stood up and drinks went everywhere. During Todd's stand up act, you and the French kid, how the van? What's the what's the reaction to the van?
Speaker 15: Van is awesome? Great thing is a tank? Uh, and we're just a lot.
Speaker 16: I mean, we've had great weather the whole way, so we don't really have to worry about anything like that. But so far as far as I'm aware, there are no dings, no scups, no scratches just yet. We there's really no need to bring this vehicle to makeo just yet. But if they've done a really great.
Speaker 3: Job with it, well, one side is already done. It's the other side.
Speaker 2: If you're watching on Peacock, you can see the dents and dings and faded paint there.
Speaker 15: But I guess I should say there's been no new things.
Speaker 2: Oh good, yes, because that's the other side. They did a gorgeous job with that, but a Seaton will be stopping at Maco places en route to New Orleans.
Speaker 3: Yes, Pauline seating.
Speaker 5: A little tip as you start getting to the South, if you see places like barbecue slash gas station, barbecue slash laundromat, those are the kind of places you want to go to those hybrid games.
Speaker 16: Well, right now, let's see we're at TJ's Pit stuff. It says they serve breakfast, lunch, beverages, dinner.
Speaker 12: Great.
Speaker 15: I don't know, we might post up here for a minute.
Speaker 2: Looks pretty good, all right, And if people want to see what your wrap up is to the day, Danpatrick dot com has everything.
Speaker 15: That's it. That's the best spot.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 16: Now we're posting a bunch of stuff to like social media, so Instagram the show. Instagram has a lot of different that we haven't really posted anywhere else.
Speaker 15: So check that out.
Speaker 2: All right, Safe travels our best of the French Kid. We'll talk to you tomorrow.
Speaker 15: All right, guys, see you later.
Speaker 2: That's seat O'Connor on the road. Better get mako. Yeah, French Kid usually goes with us to the Super Bowl. And then Seaton said, hey, I'll drive the van and French kid goes, hey, I'll volunteer to go with you. So these guys, it's a buddy movie between those two traveling down to New Orleans. Hopefully they get there at least by Saturday. I said, you have to get there by Saturday.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Pony.
Speaker 5: Speaking of buddy movies, you've seen Midnight Run Charles Groden. Yeah, that might be the all timer, right, it's a great one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that's where you put two different personalities.
Speaker 3: You put de Niro.
Speaker 2: You know, we didn't know how funny de Niro could be because that's one of those sometimes you'll see a serious actor do comedy as opposed to a comedic actor do something serious. We're more apt to be like, boy, did you see such and such? He was funnier than I thought. But when you see somebody who, like I couldn't see Will Ferrell as a drug lord, you know, in some gory movie.
Speaker 3: Wasn't it Vince Vaughan. What was the movie that he was in?
Speaker 9: The heart Break?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Is it?
Speaker 3: Heartbreak?
Speaker 2: Rid hexall Ridge And you can't help but see Vince Vaughn kind of goofball. But it's one of those serious roles where you go it's still weird, still weird, Yes, Marvin, and.
Speaker 6: I think it's a great way to get an OSCAR nomination is if you're a comic, you do a serious role.
Speaker 4: A' lah. Robert Williams and Goodwill Hunting. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Steve Carrell from the Office was in that movie Fox Catcher. Yeah, it is a very serious movie, a serious role, and I think that changed his career as much as anything.
Speaker 2: Did you guys, anybody watch Emelio Perez? After my recommendation yesterday that glowing Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I told my wife that she had to fit and she couldn't finish the movie, and I say, you got to, you got to, And so she went kind of kick and screaming with it, and she goes, I just I don't know how that's one of the best movies of the year.
Speaker 4: Yes, tu.
Speaker 8: Once you added the part that it was a musical, you just kind of lost me because I've been to enough of those Broadway shows that I found corny.
Speaker 14: I can't imagine seeing a movie musical thing.
Speaker 2: Well, Drug Lord Transitioning and it's a musical. Now, normally I'd go, all right, you pique my interest, and then I went, now, I can't do it can't and I watched the whole movie. But there's a few other movies, the Demi moor one. What is that substance? I haven't seen that. I've seen some trailers for it. But did she get nominated for an Academy Award?
Speaker 5: I think I think she got a Golden Globe.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she did win the Golden Globe. Okay, I didn't know if she got nominated for an Academy Award.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 8: Uh, she couldn't find her clothes for a majority of that movie. I haven't seen it, but I've heard something.
Speaker 3: I'm shocked that you haven't seen it.
Speaker 8: Supposedly it's almost all nude. Yeah, whatever story they're telling that requires nudity at all times, I'm not sure exactly what it's about.
Speaker 9: Thank you, that's the play. Then she's trying to find her clothes.
Speaker 2: I'm sure most of the movies that have plenty of nudity that you watch don't have a plot.
Speaker 14: Because it likes there's an action to it.
Speaker 8: I don't know what's going on with there's another woman that's younger, that's also naked, that's trying.
Speaker 2: To Margaret quality. Margarete quality, yes, yes, but doing it it could todd to me more is nominated for an Academy work. You don't see many movies.
Speaker 14: Hey, don't. I saw September five this past weekend. She was very.
Speaker 8: Depressing but done well, okay, And then since then it probably was years since I was in a movie there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, couple more phone calls in here, Uh, Zach and Grand Rapids. Hi, Zach, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 10: Hey Dan?
Speaker 17: How's it going good? Everyday listener? Uh six two, one eighty five on the weekdays, one ninety on the weekends.
Speaker 18: Uh.
Speaker 17: I just had an idea. I wanted to run by you, and I've only thought about it on surface level, so bear with me here, But I think it would solve you know. One of the first issues that comes to mind is the Saints Rams game, the championship game that ropped us of Breeze versus Brady with the pass interference call. But I see calls constantly that you know, fans and their teams think shouldn't be called, uh, pass interference mainly. But what if teams had a blue flag and it's you know, maybe one per game and possibly carry over into other games to where they could throw the flag and have New York look at it to make the right call, because there's a lot of you know, calls that are irreversible, are can't be reviewed like.
Speaker 2: A once a game emergency call. Yes, a blue flag, I don't know. Not during the regular season, but if you do it during the postseason, I'd entertain. Just get the call right the Saints Rams game. Just get the call right. They missed two calls. All you have to do is say, you know, you have the eye in the sky that can help you there if you need help. There to remind you that you need help. But ego has to play a role in this with these officials that they don't want to be told that they missed a call. And that's what the eye in the sky. And you know, sometimes you get an all star crew for the postseason, which I don't agree with. I think it should be your team doing a game. Therefore there's trust, there's a conversation. You know, you put your ego to the side. It's get the call right for us instead of individual officials who don't work with each other.
Speaker 3: But get the call right. Mister V in Rochester, I'm mister V.
Speaker 11: A good afternoon.
Speaker 10: Dan's five days dropping to forty. I'm going to make this call quick is I'm on my lunch break during my full sale yard of Interview class that I'm halfway through. But I have a suggestion that it's going to change the viewing experience that rivals incidant replay in the yellow Line advancement, it's different two different color flags on penalties, yellow for offense, blue for defense, and as soon as the flag is thrown, the alertness would be on the bottom of the screen banner, so us as viewers will instantly be able to continue the spontaneity of the view and know where the flag and who the penalty is.
Speaker 3: On what if they grab the wrong fue.
Speaker 10: Well, I know we're going to add some it's a learning curve for the rest, but if we get past that. I've test marketed this for a year with my friends and other people, and three out of four say, hey, mister v this is one hell of an idea, and the other orders say dude, this is stupid.
Speaker 7: I'm leaving it up.
Speaker 10: To you and the day nets to workshop this and you know what we will make again. It's going to be the advancement that's going to be up there with replay in yellow mind.
Speaker 2: All right, thank you, mister B. Does anybody like mister V's idea here? Anybody? Anybody don't want two separate flags? Colored flags? Paulie, you have a problem with.
Speaker 9: This, I do.
Speaker 5: One of the great things about when a flag goes in an NFL game or a college game is the momentary is it on us? Is it on them? And then you have to wait six or seven seconds. You seep up a pointing, you see the reaction, that's drama, and you remove that.
Speaker 2: A lot of times your analyst will say, look like the right guard moved or something, or defensive player off sides that they'll give you a heads up, but there is still that Oh maybe there's another flag that they're calling on this, So I'm okay with that.
Speaker 3: Just get the call right. You don't have to have.
Speaker 2: Red flag, blue flag, yellow flag. Just get the call right. Remember when they were going to be full time officials, that was going.
Speaker 3: To change everything. It's not going to change anything.
Speaker 2: Oh, they're not going to be a lawyer in the off season. They're going to be an official. What's that help you with? There's no games? Are you calling simulated games? Are you watching tape? I'm assuming that you're watching tape during the season, you get graded. It's just an extremely difficult game to police.
Speaker 4: It just is.
Speaker 2: And I say this all the time, but if you get the opportunity to watch a game from the sidelines, imagine that you had to call penalties in real time. It's and they do an unbelievable job. If you say these guys are great ninety six percent of the time, I think we'd all take ninety six percent. No matter what our job is, you're ninety six percent. Now, unless you're an aero traffic control guy. You know he went a little better than ninety six percent. Yes, Cliff Over, there is a ninety four Yeah, yeah, Tommy seventy nine, man, come on, Tommy. Uh but ninety six percent, ninety seven percent of the time they get the calls, right. I just think that there are moments that stand out. And that's unfortunate because I mean, just imagine if there's a call in the Super Bowl and it goes the Chief's way, people are gonna win an asterisk by this, oh yeah, dynasty asterisk, And it's unfortunate. But I mean, the Chiefs are just playing the game. How the officials call the game that's on them, yes, Marvin, But I'm so.
Speaker 6: Confused on why do they think the NFL is like, you know what, we have to get the Chiefs in the NFL is going to win no matter what. If the Jaguars and the Saints were in the Super Bowl, a hundred million people are watching.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So what is it.
Speaker 6: This isn't the NBA or MLB where it's like, Man, I'd really like the Dodgers and the Yankees to get into there and get into the World Series.
Speaker 3: NFO, it doesn't matter what teams are in. We want to see stars.
Speaker 2: When it comes to the NBA Finals, you want to see stars going against each other. Baseball, you want to see stars against each other. Now, if Kansas City is playing San Francisco in the World Series, you're probably not going to watch. But the Yankees Dodgers, everybody wanted to watch there. Now, if the Braves are playing, Cardinals are playing, Red Sox are playing, people are going to watch. In the NFL, we watch no matter what. I can't imagine the NFL going. You know what, let's take advantage of a smaller market, medium market, middle of America. That's who we want to We want to make sure that they get to the super Bowl.
Speaker 3: That's who we want. Really seems odd?
Speaker 5: Yeah, pull exactly like you guys are saying. If you could pick the most irrelevant team as far as fan engagement, and you put in the super Bowl, I'm not gonna go. You know what, what else is on? What else I gotta do today? It's a holiday. It's like it's Thanksgiving. They can put any game on Thanksgiving.
Speaker 2: Well, take a break, last call for phone calls. What we learn, what's in store tomorrow?
Speaker 1: After this, be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio WAP.
Speaker 2: NBA commissioner Adam Silver on the program tomorrow. Dan interviews Dan a week from tomorrow in New Orleans at Tippatinas. It'll be at seven Central, Dan Levittard and Yours Truly. Tickets can be found Danpatrick dot com and all across our social media platforms.
Speaker 3: All right, let's.
Speaker 2: Guess the poll results. Dylan, give us the question and then we'll guess the poll results.
Speaker 9: All right, so you want to guess our twos poll?
Speaker 4: First?
Speaker 9: Okay, which was whose career would you rather have Calvin Johnson or Julian Edelman.
Speaker 2: Okay, four as yours Julian Edelman sixty six percent, it's Julian Edelman seventy percent. Okay, so pretty much on the nose there, okay. And then for our three, this one simple we have would you trade for Jimmy Butler?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 7: Or now?
Speaker 2: Uh, I'm going to say no. Seventy two eighty four percent say no? Running away with it? What was did we do a poll question on best hire, worst hire?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 9: Our one was what's the temperament.
Speaker 2: Of your Okay, Yeah, maybe we could do that tomorrow of who had the best hire, who had the worst hire? That in three years from now, when we look back on all of these coaching changes, who did the best job and who did the worst? Jump Mike and san Antonio. Hi, Mike, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Hey, Mike, how are you doing good?
Speaker 11: Five eleven is deceiving two ten?
Speaker 14: Anyway?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Thanks?
Speaker 10: So time I replay.
Speaker 11: This is an idea that stemmed from actually an idea that I thought would work in MLB, but I'm.
Speaker 7: Sure it could apply to the NFL.
Speaker 10: Too.
Speaker 11: How about something like any player who's involved in the play is allowed to challenge to call at any time that they want, but if they're wrong, they're immediately ejected from the game.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Mike. That's fun, but uh, not realistic. Eric in La Hi, Eric, what's on your mind?
Speaker 7: Morning?
Speaker 4: VP?
Speaker 19: Uh?
Speaker 7: Five to eight A hard one?
Speaker 10: Five?
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 7: You were talking about athleticism with Willed. I was wondering if you have Jackie Robinson in your greatest athlete of all time conversation with his national champion as a running back and long jumper and playing point at UCLA on top of his baseball career.
Speaker 2: I think he's the greatest athlete of all time Jackie Robinson, because let's just factor in what he went through just to get on the baseball field. He had teammates who didn't even like him, death threats all the time, and became a Hall of Fame baseball player. He was a great running back at UCLA, track and field basketball, and he did that all on a very, very high level. I think he's the greatest athlete of all time because you can say, all right, well, was he as good in one sport as Michael Jordan was in basketball?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: Was Mike good in the number of sports that Jackie Robinson was if that's your comparison here of greatest athlete. Now somebody's going to say, what about a decathlete? Okay, but I'm talking about social impact, professional impact. It's hard to argue with Jackie Robinson. Now, Jesse Owens was going through. You know, this is Nazi Germany in nineteen thirty six. Hitler is there watching, you know, the great area nation be dominated by Jesse Owens, and he didn't blink.
Speaker 3: No, what did you win? Three gold medals?
Speaker 14: There?
Speaker 3: That has to be.
Speaker 2: Involved in this. But you know, it's tricky when you say greatest athlete of all time. Wilt was a very accomplished volleyball player, track and field. So was Bill Russell. Bill Russell was a great athlete as well. But you know, I'm sure there are people that we wouldn't look at it necessarily and put them into this conversation, but probably they deserve to be in that. When you say greatest athlete, I can only go by I did the Sports Century fifty Greatest Athletes, So I got to host that, and I was able to do so much research. There was so much information and you're so you gather all of this and there would be athletes that I didn't know that they were that accomplished in other things, or just how accomplished they were in their respective sports. But I kept coming back to Jackie Robinson just how great he was. Carl in Minneapolis, Hi, Carl, thanks for holding what's on your mind?
Speaker 4: Hey?
Speaker 3: Thanks?
Speaker 10: Dan.
Speaker 18: So I think the NFL really embraces the chain gangs. It adds a human element of suspense and adds a perfect segue to commercial breaks. So the networks. Additionally, are you guys coming back to Minneapolis for Saint Patrick's Day?
Speaker 3: I don't think we are this year.
Speaker 2: I had a lot of fun last year Minneapolis, Saint Paul or Saint Paul Minneapolis. People in Saint Paul, you know, it's said, Hey, you know you can call it Saint Paul Minneapolis.
Speaker 3: They said, h are you fair enough? Yes, Dylan, that was a great trip.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was first one down there, Dan, that might be the highlight of my professional career. On our way out, yeah, I don't think Dylan went to bed the last night we were there because I said, look, you guys cannot be late when we go to the airport. You cannot be late. And we went down there in the morning, went to get coffee and I look over and I see somebody. Somebody's sleeping on the couch and I look over and it's Dylan. I said, all right, that was not my that's not my first rodeo of risking a potential flight miss and that was not one that I could really take a later flight on. Okay, and New Orleans, same thing behavior every day.
Speaker 3: Gotta be ready to go Friday night, you're on your own. I don't. I won't worry about you then.
Speaker 2: But but then, like big picture worry maybe yeah, yeah, of this, yes, yes, but I need you everybody, not just you. I'm not directing the just you, the other back room guys. Fritzi, get a little crazy, you can get a little while, all right. This day in sports history, this is a fun one. Nineteen oh four, the University of Chicago football team began awarding blankets with the letter C for Chicago to all seniors who played football. They wore them on the bench when it was cold.
Speaker 5: A couple years later, they started putting c's on jackets and giving them to all the seniors, and that became letterman jackets. That's the origin.
Speaker 3: That's nice.
Speaker 5: Did you get one at what age do you get your lettermon jacket? Uh, sophomore year in high school.
Speaker 3: That's a big deal. Oh it was.
Speaker 2: And then you hoped that Jenny Batchie wanted to wear your letter jacket and uh no, I think she wore j Keffley's letter jacket.
Speaker 7: Damn it. I know.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Mine always smelled like cologne, never perfume.
Speaker 4: Not like a movie.
Speaker 2: It does, sounds like a country song. Let's see, how about we go around the room? What we learned on the program?
Speaker 7: Todd?
Speaker 3: Would you learn today?
Speaker 4: Nick Wright is.
Speaker 19: Angry at the conspiracy theorist against his chiefs and the way we cover football brainwashed my algorithm narratives?
Speaker 3: Dylan, what did you learn today?
Speaker 9: The two thousand and seven Patriots are the seventy three win warriors.
Speaker 3: Yes, Marvin, what did you learn today?
Speaker 4: Julian Edelman is not campaign.
Speaker 3: He doesn't.
Speaker 2: I'm sure he'd love to get into the Hall of Fame, but he's not going to campaign to get into the.
Speaker 3: Hall of fame. Paul Edelman not concussed.
Speaker 2: I don't know that hit against cam Chancer? Good god, Todd? What did I learn today?
Speaker 19: Jerry Jones hijack, Brian Scheinhamer's emotional story about his late father Marty with his own dead dad too.
Speaker 2: We gotta send Dead Dad Club T shirts to him. Thanks for all your support. We'll do it again tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Take care,