Speaker 1: You know, it's like peanut butter and jelly. They just go together, really truly. It's Fricka Jeffrey in the morning, your Second Date podcast, and Saturdays we do too.
Speaker 2: Yes, so those are what go together, the Saturday and the No No Second Day.
Speaker 3: Just try to think of two things I like it.
Speaker 1: I would reference the candy bar twigs, but Alexis just learned this week that there's two of those in a package.
Speaker 3: Just not my whole life. I've been getting given smaller candids should be. This is devastating me. Fun size and I get it all right.
Speaker 1: Before we get into your back to back classics, we love to highlight what you what you leave.
Speaker 3: For us your notes.
Speaker 2: Yes Z commented on last week's classics and said, whoa, I didn't realize I've been a silent listener for over a year already. I remember this episode and I was really surprised that a year had passed.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 3: I love your show.
Speaker 2: I always listen to while working and it helps me finish my task quickly.
Speaker 3: Love from the Philippines. Ah, that's so cool. Thanks for being here all the way from the Philippines. Yeah, that's awesome. You know, time goes quickly. It really does alight the older you get. Alexis will also learn. Oh, don't tell me that.
Speaker 1: Let's get into the second day classics, back to back right now.
Speaker 5: Here at Brook and Jeffrey in the morning. We make a promise to not pass judgment on your.
Speaker 3: You can't even say it, yeah.
Speaker 5: Not pass judgment on your dating style or your dating choices. Okay, we promise we won't judge you too severely. Okay, we will judge you brutally and harshly, but at least not directly to your face.
Speaker 3: I won't see anybody's faces.
Speaker 5: That was definitely a difficult promise for us to keep with today's caller, especially when he told us about the big surprise he planned for his date night. I will tell you there was a blindfold involved and a little bit of deception. But he swears it went even better than he had planned and she loved it too. You're gonna hear it in your second date update. Right after this second Date up date, a guy named Chris wrote us saying he's made a rule to never ask a woman out ever again.
Speaker 1: Really after whatever happened that he's on the phone with us for before, I'm just reading this from his email.
Speaker 5: But Chris explained he learned a new strategy from a video that he saw where if you're a guy and you say, hey, would you like to go out to dinner with me on Saturday night? Yeah, you're already putting yourself at a disadvantage right there. Why Because in the woman's mind, she is thinking, if I say yes, then I'm doing him a favor and he's gonna end up having a great night because of me.
Speaker 3: Wait, she's not thinking, Wow, I'm really excited to us free meal.
Speaker 5: Yeah, she's thinking. She's thinking I was going beyond the meal. She's thinking if I say yes, then I'm giving him the gift of spending time with me. If I say no, then this loser has nothing going on in his life. He is going to spend the entire evening all alone in his apartment, watching Netflix and eating old pizza.
Speaker 3: I don't know's I don't think that's how women think.
Speaker 5: Even if that's not true, that's what he says, that's what a lot of women think. So instead, he uses a different strategy that makes him look really really good when he asks people out all right, I want to know what it is.
Speaker 3: I love when men say what women think? It's so cute. Okay, continue, Yeah.
Speaker 5: Well, let's talk to Chris about this and see what it's all about. Chris, how you doing? Man?
Speaker 6: Hey, good man, how are you?
Speaker 5: I'm very curious to learn what this strategy is.
Speaker 3: So wait, is the strategy?
Speaker 1: So then you came up with or is this also from the video that Jeff referenced.
Speaker 6: No, I learned this on an Instagram video. But I am telling you it works ninety percent of the time. It's a fantastic little trick here.
Speaker 5: Okay, So you don't ask a woman, hey, do you want to go out to dinner with me? What do you do instead?
Speaker 7: See?
Speaker 6: What you got to do is you got to tell them that you're already doing something, and then you invite them to come along with you.
Speaker 3: Okay, So like you're going to dinner by yourself?
Speaker 5: I mean, funny. I think you have a lot of friends, and I'm sure you have a very active social life.
Speaker 3: Chris, What if you don't have plans already?
Speaker 6: Well, yes, you got to plan out your night a little bit, right, You got to put a little thought into this.
Speaker 3: That's a positive.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you tell you got the night planned? You've got your going out to dinner. You're gonna go do x y Z. Now she's got a little bit of foem mo. She got a little bit of that fear of missing out on some action.
Speaker 5: I see what you're saying. You're saying you're trying to put the idea into the girl's head that you have a life outside of her, that she's not the only thing that's happening. And her answer isn't going to change you. But if she's lucky, you can squeeze her in right.
Speaker 3: So Okay, who did this work on that you went out with?
Speaker 6: Yeah? So this worked on Gina girl I met online on one of the apps. Very funny. Her and I were talking. Both had a sense of humor.
Speaker 3: That's sweet. What was your proposal? What did you already have planned that she could join you for?
Speaker 6: So I invited her this place that was opening that was serving some amazing seafood.
Speaker 5: Okay, you're like, oh, I'm going to check out this new seafood place. You want to come with?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 6: But I said, listen, we have half an hour, Like you gotta get ready now, you know a little bit of urgency.
Speaker 5: Maybe a girl I'd be like, yeah, dog, some food.
Speaker 3: I mean, I feel like I would say yes just because of the pressure. No matter what you're wearing, I don't have.
Speaker 5: Okay, you created urgency there that that's a good thing. So she was up for it.
Speaker 6: She was up for it, so I pick her up. She looked good. I looked good, and I told her, I said, listen, I'll drive. Get in the car. I'll drive us there. And we were almost there. I like it, keep going, I said, listen, put on this blindfold because where we're going it's going to be a surprise, and I want to surprise you.
Speaker 8: Okay, super romantic if this has been your girlfriend for two years, but the first date.
Speaker 3: You've never met her before.
Speaker 5: Hold on, let's not judge until we hear where this goes.
Speaker 6: So she puts the blindfold off. Okay, trust we get there. I take the blindfold off, and she sees a file of fish from McDonald's right in front of her.
Speaker 9: Why.
Speaker 3: I thought you were taking her to seafood.
Speaker 6: Hey it was seafood, right, technically fish.
Speaker 5: This whole thing was a prank that you were playing on her, telling her she's gonna have this nice meal, and you really took her to a fast food place. And gave her ash.
Speaker 6: So she takes the blindfold off and she's looking at this filet of fish and I just see this look of confusion over her face. She was she went through every emotion. She was like pissed off for a second, but at the end of it, she just started to laugh.
Speaker 10: Good.
Speaker 3: Wow, I mean she took it the right way.
Speaker 1: Either that or she's laughing like, oh my god, of course this is my dating life.
Speaker 3: The virgineers.
Speaker 5: Yeah, after the joke is over, were you able to establish a romantic bond with her?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 6: No, don't forget. I'm dressed up too. So it was funny.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 11: The whole thing is it's not just.
Speaker 5: At her expense.
Speaker 3: Wow, I'm just still processing it. All that's the girls are like.
Speaker 5: Yi, So, how did how did the date end?
Speaker 6: It was good, right, So we had a great time. I dropped her off at her place and she even admitted that that was funny.
Speaker 5: Okay, So what what's happened since then?
Speaker 6: So four or five days ago she invites me over to come to her place and hang out.
Speaker 5: During the nighttime or the daytime.
Speaker 3: I don't think she's gonna say come over at nine am. Jeffery. It must she's got, like, I don't know, a sink to unclock.
Speaker 11: Get over here.
Speaker 5: I thought it's a valid question. The timing is important that that's a good sign that she wants you over at any time of the day.
Speaker 3: I mean, she obviously likes you, she's inviting you over.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so that's what I thought. So I go to her house, I'd knock on her door and she doesn't answer.
Speaker 3: Oh, maybe it's another prank. You guys are just the prank couple. I would feel good to get him back.
Speaker 5: Actually, it would were laughing on.
Speaker 6: The other end.
Speaker 5: If it was really late at night, maybe she fell asleep before he arrived.
Speaker 3: Oh, that's happened. Or if it was early in the morning.
Speaker 5: Maybe this is why the time question was so important. I guess we're never gonna.
Speaker 3: Know what time of day it was was, d did you hit snooze, buddy?
Speaker 5: We're never gonna know, because now we gotta go, and we're gonna come back and try and get you a second date update and maybe get some clarity on what time it was. Right after this hold.
Speaker 4: On second date update.
Speaker 5: Pranking your date on your very first meetup is either the move of a very confident man or a very foolish one thing. We're just trying to figure out which one of those categories are listener Chris falls into because he convinced his date Gina, to dress up really really nice to go out and eat some seafood.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and she only had a half an hour to get ready.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Technically he wasn't lying because he did treat her to seafood a filet of fish sandwich at a McDonald's.
Speaker 1: Which I will say, it's my best friend's favorite. If a man took her to get a yes, she's she'd be like, I'm divorcing my husband to marry you.
Speaker 5: Books friends love language. But they were able to laugh about it afterwards after the prank was over, and they've been in contact since then.
Speaker 3: She hasn't invited him over, so a.
Speaker 5: Lot of good signs. The only problem is it's not resulting in a date yet. But that's going to be our job to step in.
Speaker 3: That's crazy that she didn't answer the door, just standing there.
Speaker 5: I know that's rude. Actually, yeah, maybe he got the wrong door. We don't know.
Speaker 11: I didn't think that.
Speaker 4: Maybe it was a big.
Speaker 5: Apartment complex and she just texted the apartment like building, not a specific rum.
Speaker 6: No, it definitely wasn't the wrong door because it was the same door that I picked her up in.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, oh yeah, I forgot about that part. All right. Well I'm a dummy, So let's just end this part and get to the part where we call her and figure out what's going on.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: You know, I'm just a little lost here because I'm knocking at the door. She didn't answer, and you know, I don't know what's going on here.
Speaker 3: You are being really understanding, which is nice.
Speaker 8: I mean, she invited you over for sure, like there wasn't like, uh, you know, there was no miscommunication text.
Speaker 3: How do you miscommunicate that?
Speaker 8: I don't know, you want to kick it some time?
Speaker 5: And he's like on my way?
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, no, this was very clear, point blank.
Speaker 5: Okay, well, let's just point blank ask her why she's not going out with you.
Speaker 11: I'm dialing her number right now. Here we go, Hello, Hey is this Gina? U?
Speaker 6: Yeah? This is she?
Speaker 5: Are you sure you're Gina? Took a second.
Speaker 1: She knows she's Gina, she doesn't know who you are. Yeah, well you're the weird one in this situation.
Speaker 5: I'm Jeff from a radio show called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 3: The whole shows here. Hello, Yeah, yeah, it's a little weird.
Speaker 6: What's this about.
Speaker 5: This is about a segment that we do called a second Date Update, and we're trying to help one of our listeners meet up with you again after you already went out with him one time. His name is Chris.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I know Chris. But did I sign up to this?
Speaker 5: No, this isn't something you sign up for. Chris emailed us because he told us about your guys' first date together.
Speaker 3: He's a spontaneous guy that Chris right. Pretty funny too.
Speaker 12: Yeah, he's quite the charmer.
Speaker 4: Yeah is that good?
Speaker 5: He told us about the little pal joke that he played.
Speaker 1: I would love to know what was going through your head when he put a blindfold on you.
Speaker 3: You put it on yourself, I guess.
Speaker 12: But well, I mean at that point, I didn't have a choice. I was in his car, But you.
Speaker 3: Had a choice to put the blindfold on. You could have said no.
Speaker 4: I mean you're fully committed.
Speaker 12: I was committed. I mean I like him, and I mean it was low key funny at the end of the day.
Speaker 5: So yeah, I mean we got the sense that you must have liked him, because we heard that you even invited him over one one or one time.
Speaker 6: It wasn't I don't know specifically, so hung up on that, I like an idiot for it.
Speaker 5: Well, okay, you invited him over at some point, and he says that he went there and that you didn't answer the door.
Speaker 12: Oh so he told you that part too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it was a pretty important part of everything, right, because that's when that's when he stopped responding to him.
Speaker 5: Well, the weird thing is that normally when we do this segment, people will ghost each other over text, or they'll just like break off communication. They won't actually set up a time to meet that person at their own place and then just not show up and answer the door.
Speaker 3: You know, I kind of like the old school physically doing there. It's a lot more mystery.
Speaker 5: She's just watching into the key hole. We're just trying to help Chris get some understanding of what's going on between you two.
Speaker 12: You know, given his well thought out plan, I wanted to get him back, and my plan didn't work.
Speaker 1: Wait what you were setting up a whole elaborate prank to prank him back?
Speaker 12: Of course?
Speaker 5: Oh what didn't work? What part of the plan.
Speaker 12: So I take him that night and I said, hey, do you wanna hook up?
Speaker 7: Hey?
Speaker 9: All right?
Speaker 3: Oh it was a text, right, and so.
Speaker 12: I was like, I need you to come over in a half hour.
Speaker 1: That should have been the red flag for him, is the half hour, because he gave her a half hour just mirroring.
Speaker 3: Okay, he still.
Speaker 8: Like, oh my gosh, we're hooking up, and.
Speaker 3: So what's the joke.
Speaker 13: So, I mean it was late and he did come over, And the thing is that I have a friend who's a tow truck driver. Okay, okay, So I live on the third floor and I have a clear view to the street view, and he would have seen the tow truck driver hook up his car.
Speaker 3: Oh you weren't going to answer the door, and you were going to get his car towed. And that was the joke.
Speaker 12: I mean, not fully toad, but you know, hooked up at least to the tow truck.
Speaker 5: So that was the joke. You invited him to be hooking up and what you meant was hooking up his car to a tow truck.
Speaker 12: What else would you have done? He did the whole seafood thing that it's.
Speaker 3: A little fall, so I don't think he got the joke.
Speaker 1: Wait, did the tow truck thing happen because he didn't tell us about it?
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 12: See, that's the thing. My friend had another call where he actually was gonna make some money and he.
Speaker 5: Oh, that's why your plan failed.
Speaker 7: Good you didn't.
Speaker 3: So why haven't you called him back?
Speaker 12: Well, because I'm trying to step this up again. It was a great idea.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, my god, meant for each other.
Speaker 5: It's ruined.
Speaker 3: Wouldn't have been ruined if we didn't call her out.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry. We totally screwed this up for you, Joe who plan? Because actually, Chris has been on the other line listening to this conversation the entire time.
Speaker 12: Are you guys hitting me?
Speaker 11: No? No?
Speaker 3: W did you want to Oh that was good? Hose Edge.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: It was an elaborate praise you guy.
Speaker 12: You ruined everything that's there.
Speaker 6: Yeah. Wow, this is not cool, Gina, not cool?
Speaker 3: Why are you laughing? Chris? I thought this would be exactly your type of humor.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but my car, I mean that's an it's an expensive car. You gotta be careful. I mean, she's gonna have my car, Toad, you can damage the car?
Speaker 4: What did I do?
Speaker 7: I bought her a Missdonald.
Speaker 3: Didn't know we had the fun police on the.
Speaker 9: Right. I haven't.
Speaker 8: Buddies have damaged their car while they're getting towed fish full.
Speaker 5: But the plan. I don't think the plan was to totally like towe your car away to some like car lot and make you pay to get it out. I ever heard it. I think it was just like to hook it up as a joke, right, Gina, Right.
Speaker 12: I mean it would have worked had my friend not had to leave for.
Speaker 4: A real call.
Speaker 6: I mean, I'm glad the plant didn't work.
Speaker 12: That's not it.
Speaker 6: That's not even a prank. I mean, my pranks are good.
Speaker 1: Oh God, did I thought you were going to be so excited you just found out this woman that you like was planning on seeing you again.
Speaker 6: Yeah, listen, this doesn't work in a relationship. There's only room for like one funny person.
Speaker 1: Not too God.
Speaker 5: And it's the same thing with the morning show. Only one of us can be funny. And yeah that's Jeff. No, I don't know who it is.
Speaker 12: Wasn't that funny? Honestly?
Speaker 5: Oh, this is going south a little bit.
Speaker 1: I can't believe you found a woman who was okay with being pranked into a McDonald's dinner and you're negative about blindfold blindfolded.
Speaker 10: I forgot that is.
Speaker 5: I mean, look, Chris, she's able to brush off your prank. Why can't you just brush off hers and laugh with her?
Speaker 6: Her prank is borderline dangerous, and you know she's gonna try to prank me again somehow, and who knows she might set the house on fire. I don't know like this, I.
Speaker 12: Have about four or five ideas.
Speaker 5: There is a prank cover.
Speaker 1: I think they're coming, whether they go out again or not.
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, I mean there's unfinished business between you guys, whether it's romance or pranking each other. So I'm going to offer to send you guys out again on another date that we would pay for. Plus we'll toss in a couple of Brooke and Jam free Whoope cushions from I'm probably.
Speaker 6: Gonna stop you right there and just say that I'm not interested in you.
Speaker 12: Probably, yeah, are you?
Speaker 3: It was one bad taking the mud.
Speaker 5: I'm not sure if I apologize to Gina here, or if I apologize to Chris, or maybe I should just apologize to the listeners. Listeners, I'm sorry that you had to sit through.
Speaker 4: All of that.
Speaker 3: It was on a joke. It was just a joke.
Speaker 10: We got.
Speaker 4: Second datelhone tap so.
Speaker 9: Good brooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 5: Why doesn't anybody just blurt out I love you anymore on the first date? Why is it that now everybody is like I saw on Instagram video and now I'm gonna trick the person and prank them, and then they're gonna prank me back, and now everything's confusing and unclear. But that's just how dating is because it's the Internet.
Speaker 8: Trend right now.
Speaker 1: I think even before the Internet, nobody's blurting out I love you on the first date. Jeff I was weird in like eighteen fifty.
Speaker 5: It's weird the good old days. I am begging anybody listen. If you recently went on a first date and you confess your undying love for them in the first ten minutes, and you're wondering why they're not calling you back, shoot us an email. I would love to do an easy, simple, straightforward call like that.
Speaker 3: Why you're just telling me, well, because they don't love you back, what.
Speaker 4: Do you want?
Speaker 5: They were too perfect.
Speaker 1: Yes, I don't know what world you and Jose are living in right now, but I don't think it exists.
Speaker 5: I'm having a good time in it. Yeah, I guess we'll just stick with the total confusion and game playing and pranking all right.
Speaker 3: Makes for great radio, jeff isn't that what we're here for?
Speaker 5: That's true. Up, my head hurts right now.
Speaker 3: I love it creating.
Speaker 5: You can always email the show. We'll call that person who wasn't.
Speaker 9: Calling you back, brooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 5: Rarely on this show do we talk about international love. That's true, And I don't mean my college semester abroad in Queensland, Australia. Hello, lifeguards.
Speaker 3: I don't hear any more about that story.
Speaker 5: I don't think there really is my more to that story.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's what it is.
Speaker 5: I mean, flying across the ocean just to meet someone who you believe could be the one. Wow, we have a listener who actually did that, took that flight, and you're gonna find out what happened in your second date.
Speaker 4: Update, next second date update.
Speaker 5: In this segment, there's a lot of logic that goes into our thinking about whether a pair should be together.
Speaker 1: Or not.
Speaker 5: We're always asking like is that fair? Does that make sense?
Speaker 9: Sure?
Speaker 5: I think there's not enough heart in our decision making because love isn't always rational. We need to start thinking with that other body, the heart.
Speaker 4: The heart.
Speaker 5: Let's think with that. And we've got a guy on the phone who's got a whole lot of heart going on. His name is Randall.
Speaker 3: Why do I feel like it's a euphemism every time you say it, Jack.
Speaker 5: Is not not if you think with your heart, Brooks. So, Randall, after take you seriously, after just reading your email, I hope whatever the universe gives you here today you accept with open arms.
Speaker 7: Oh brother, I couldn't have said it better myself.
Speaker 4: Oh good.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 5: Some of us are more emotional and heart driven in this room.
Speaker 3: But I don't know when you're being serious or not.
Speaker 5: That's a very analytical, pessimistic way to me as a person.
Speaker 4: He's doing it right now.
Speaker 5: Okay, just accept me for who I am deep inside, and not for what I say what I do. Randall, you're with me here, so tell us about your situation. It sounds like it's a little bit complicated.
Speaker 7: Okay, it's gonna sound a little unusual. But for a year I've been texting a woman in Vietnam and we've had a very deep connection, and we've gotten to know one another so well that I fell deep in love with this woman.
Speaker 5: WHOA good for you?
Speaker 1: I mean, you guys just found each other on the internet somehow.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we found each other on the internet and decided to start texting, and it was like a whirlwind romance for me.
Speaker 3: Why did you say it was? Isn't it still?
Speaker 7: Well? I wanted to profess my love to her in person. So we decided that I was going to fly out and I was going to meet her.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, were you so nervous?
Speaker 5: Dude?
Speaker 7: Yes, I flew out. I was excited the whole trip. I couldn't sleep, I couldn't eat.
Speaker 5: Oh my god. Wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what was it like when you land and you finally get to see each other in person?
Speaker 7: Well? I landed, I went to where we were supposed to meet, and she didn't show up.
Speaker 1: Oh man, I think that that is like the cruelest thing that's going on right now.
Speaker 5: Here's even so many people, actually, dude, that's terrible. So we all hate Vietnamese fake girl. Now, so where are you in your in your love life now well.
Speaker 7: And you guys will be happy to learn that I met another woman from the Philippine.
Speaker 5: Oh God, here we go.
Speaker 7: We met online again, But I know this woman's real.
Speaker 3: How they could be real? But are they employed by someone else?
Speaker 5: Who are they?
Speaker 4: They're real?
Speaker 7: Her? We didn't FaceTime, but we've been texting a lot. And let me tell you. I know you're gonna think I'm crazy, but my heart tells me it's real.
Speaker 5: Okay, we're throwing logic out the window, all rational, We're only listening to our hearts.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, now I understand j intro.
Speaker 5: Oh I'm realrus So is that are we calling this girl in the Philippines right now?
Speaker 7: No? No, here's what I need you guys to help me with my friend. You know everything that happened with the last girl. He said to me, why not just meet a woman locally, face to face and just how it goes. Yeah, so I did. I actually got online and I matched with a young lady and we met up at a bar and her name is Georgina.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you we're not a day with Georgina, but you're in love with the woman from the Philippines.
Speaker 7: Yes, I'm just trying to see if maybe I am supposed to meet someone locally, just to see where love may take me.
Speaker 1: Well, and you're a lover, You're a true romantic and with everyone you see, that's okay.
Speaker 5: Can we know more about Georgina at the bar?
Speaker 7: Yes, we just had a great conversation. She's been through some hurt in her past too, so we bonded over that and we just really had a deep conversation, nothing too deep, just conversations about life and our goals and what we would like to achieve.
Speaker 4: And it was nice.
Speaker 3: Were usually people following nothing too deep with like favorite movie.
Speaker 5: Yeah, anyway, what's your dog's name?
Speaker 3: Whoa, whoa, whoa whoa?
Speaker 7: All right, So now I got to be honest though I felt like I was cheating on my Philippine girl. So I'm a little torn and I had a good time. So want to put it in the universe's hands, in universe being you guys, and I want to see if this person wants to pursue this. I'm not going to the Philippines, but if they don't, then I'm on the first plane out of here.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, So if Georgina wants to pursue a relationship with you, then you're gonna just totally leave the Filipino girl.
Speaker 3: But is she not texting you back? Or why do you need us?
Speaker 7: Yeah? So we just had the date last night, so I don't even really know what to do.
Speaker 3: Well, we can jump in before things go wrong?
Speaker 4: Yeah does Yeah.
Speaker 5: Also, he's a guy that clearly operates through grand romantic gestures. And what better way to do like a big gesture to Georgina than to have a radio show call engauge how she feels about him in a cosmic sort of way.
Speaker 1: But we shouldn't push if she says no, because that's the universe, right that.
Speaker 5: Like analytical, rational, logical context.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to act like the universe, and I feel like the universe just goes with the flow.
Speaker 5: Jet exactly, So stop overthinking it. Let's just call this lady and see where her heart is at when we do the second date update.
Speaker 4: Right after this second date update, we're.
Speaker 5: In the middle of your second date update, And if you missed the first part, the universe was brought up a lot. Yes, because our listener Randall has put his fate into our hands, saying we are the universe, and I guess that makes brook.
Speaker 3: Uranus a giant gas plan and the.
Speaker 5: Rest of us are stars. Because here's the situation. Randall's been heartbroken before. He flew to Vietnam to meet a woman, ended up getting catfished there, then fell for another lady from the Philippines who he has not met her yet, not even FaceTime, but in his heart he feels that their connection is true. He's in love, he said, he's in love with her. Absolutely, Randall on a scale one out of ten. How serious are you about Philippines girl?
Speaker 7: I am so serious that if this doesn't work out today, I am on the first plane to the Philippines with a ring in my hands.
Speaker 8: Can I recommend not the first It's gonna be very expensive flight.
Speaker 1: Maybe.
Speaker 5: Yes, But you're going to propose?
Speaker 7: Yes? Absolutely.
Speaker 1: You went on one date last night, Yeah, with Georgina.
Speaker 3: Writer's the name Georgina.
Speaker 7: Her name is Georgia.
Speaker 5: Yeah, good memory.
Speaker 1: Georgina is going to decide whether or not you propose to a woman in the Philippines.
Speaker 7: That's a lot of way think about it. This could be a sign from the universe. So let's just see what happened.
Speaker 2: Could protecting you, and also don't tell Georgina maybe about the backup plans about.
Speaker 3: He's really all or nothing type of guy and very honest.
Speaker 5: I think we just let the universe take control of the conversation. We're not going to plan anything out. I'm just going to start the number.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but don't you think we should zip it Uranus?
Speaker 5: We've got a universal business to attend to.
Speaker 3: You're not a star. You're like the moon of Uranus. I know it.
Speaker 6: You wish.
Speaker 5: Damn, let's just make this guy black hole right now? You want me to be anyway?
Speaker 4: Here we go.
Speaker 5: Hello, Hi, we're looking to speak with Georgina.
Speaker 4: This is her.
Speaker 5: This this is a morning radio show. We're called Brooke and Jeffrey, and we are very eager to speak with you today. Brooke, take it away.
Speaker 10: Why are you interested in speaking to me?
Speaker 3: We heard last night you hade a really great date.
Speaker 10: I did go on on a date last night.
Speaker 5: Yeah, would you say it was great?
Speaker 3: She took that word out?
Speaker 12: Okay, why do you even want to know?
Speaker 7: What?
Speaker 10: How did you even get my man?
Speaker 5: We actually got it from that guy Randall. And in this segment that we're doing, we're just trying to gauge and see how things go. Yeah, okay, so we're just trying to pry a little bit and ask you. You know, how was your date? How was the hangout?
Speaker 3: It's just a short review.
Speaker 10: I mean it was a good date.
Speaker 12: We had a couple of drinks.
Speaker 10: Randall was super thoughtful and nice.
Speaker 5: This all fits his character.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so you were feeling really good.
Speaker 10: I was until the very end, because it was a little bit weird, to say the least.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we don't know what happened at the end. He didn't mention that was there like a kiss.
Speaker 10: No, it was not a kiss. So basically he told me, I just want you to know this date meant a lot to me.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's good. That must make you feel great.
Speaker 12: It did.
Speaker 10: It did until the second part, in which he said, I don't know if I'm going going to propose to someone else. No, yeah, but it's been very nice to meet you.
Speaker 1: Okay, Oh my god, I bet your heart just sunk, like.
Speaker 10: Well, yeah, I was more confused than anything.
Speaker 5: I didn't wish it luck. Do you think there's any chance maybe it was just a line, like a little hard to get line to play towards you, to make himself seem a little bit more desirable.
Speaker 3: To get married, and second guesses, sounds like a good joke.
Speaker 5: Like how wild would it be if he really was engaged?
Speaker 8: Like, obviously he's kidding.
Speaker 10: Yeah, if it was a joke, it didn't work. It did not land.
Speaker 12: He should workshop that with someone else.
Speaker 1: Up until that very last sentence, you were planning on seeing him again.
Speaker 12: It definitely seemed like it was going in that direction.
Speaker 3: Okay answer, Okay, so that's our answer. Can we ignore the last sentence? Can we just forget that happened?
Speaker 10: It doesn't I think that would be textbook ignoring a flag.
Speaker 5: Well, maybe we could. We could replace it with some new sentences that he wants to say to you right now, because he is listening to this phone call.
Speaker 7: Well, I need to talk to her. I need I need to say something, Linda.
Speaker 12: What are you doing?
Speaker 5: Yeah, sorry, he's on the phone. That's how this segment works. We have him waiting.
Speaker 7: Georgina. I'm sorry. You were wonderful. I had a great time, but I got to tell you the whole story. A year ago, I fell in love with a person in Vietnam. They catfished me. I was heartbroken. I didn't know what to do. Then I found another person, and this woman's from the Philippines. I feel like she might be the one. I haven't met her yet. I haven't facetimed her. All.
Speaker 12: You have to wait. You haven't met her.
Speaker 7: No, No, I haven't met her yet.
Speaker 13: I'm just trying to face timed.
Speaker 12: Her, have you No, No, we have heard her voice. Do you know what she sounds like?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 5: I'm not sure where she's going with this? Where are you going with this?
Speaker 14: You you just admitted to getting cat fish for the Vietnamese person, and now you're putting yourself in the same scenario potentially with this woman from the Philippines, Like you do you not see the pattern here?
Speaker 7: But yes, I see what everyone else sees.
Speaker 12: But Adam sent this woman money.
Speaker 3: Oh we didn't know that.
Speaker 7: I mean not a lot, a little.
Speaker 5: Rand probably just for like a new phone so that they could text more.
Speaker 7: Oh, Randall, I gotta be a person.
Speaker 12: Of course, she needs help.
Speaker 10: She's an invisible woman on the internet who you don't know.
Speaker 5: Ye a man, Brook, Why don't you ever step in and tell Randall any of this stuff earlier?
Speaker 3: Jeffrey Randall.
Speaker 1: He is a hopeful truly a heartfelt guy, and he's just getting taken advantage of.
Speaker 3: And that is like so sad.
Speaker 5: I don't see it as a sad thing at all.
Speaker 3: I see Randall, give me money to a woman in the Philippines. It probably doesn't exist.
Speaker 5: You can money to random people you've never met. You before, you call it charity, and all of a sudden, you're a good person, yo, Like, I'm sorry. He's just he's got a big heart. He has a lot of hope and optimism, and he's willing to do whatever it takes to make love happen in his life. And he's willing to put himself out there, even put himself on the radio like this.
Speaker 7: Could I go with the girl in the Philippines or should I continue to pursue Georgina?
Speaker 3: Georgina, are you kidding me?
Speaker 12: I can hear you.
Speaker 3: You need to say something romantic to Georgina. Tell her why you tried this, why you finally went out on the limb and riss because his friend made him.
Speaker 7: Georgina, in all honesty, before our date, I was wholeheartedly in love with the young lady from the Philippines. But after meeting you, there's just something about you. I thought we had a connection. I didn't know if that was a universe telling me that I was making the wrong decision with the other girl.
Speaker 10: I appreciate your candor, but I will just tell you the difference between me and this other woman.
Speaker 12: I am real and the other person is a fantasy.
Speaker 10: So that's that's why you are so swept up, because that's what these scammers do.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you mean like there's a small percent, like one percent. She's not real?
Speaker 10: Definitely ninety nine one hundred, one hundred and nine about she's not real?
Speaker 13: And you know, I don't know where things are going to stand between us, but for.
Speaker 10: Now we should at least I will be your friend and help you navigate this situation if.
Speaker 13: That's what you need.
Speaker 3: Wow, georg that is amazing.
Speaker 4: Randall.
Speaker 5: You hear that she is willing to fight for you.
Speaker 3: We could take it that way. I love it, Jeff.
Speaker 5: Sure so she sure, she is willing to do whatever it takes. It sounds like to help you be your Sirpa through your romantic life.
Speaker 3: Riddle. This is a real one, Georgina is a real one. Please don't pass up this chance.
Speaker 7: No woman has ever fought from me before, well, let's.
Speaker 5: Get the boxing gloves on and get this going. Because Georgina, we want to send you and Randall out on another day and we'll pay for it if you say yes.
Speaker 12: Well I am willing to do that.
Speaker 7: Thank you, Thank you, Georgina. You are such a caring time person. I can't wait for us to hang out again.
Speaker 5: Oh.
Speaker 3: I look forward to it.
Speaker 5: Okay, And how much money do you want him to send you, Georgina before this date happens, you.
Speaker 12: Get to pay me in person.
Speaker 4: We're fine.
Speaker 5: Oh gosh, the universe did Congratulations you two you're going.
Speaker 4: Out the other day.
Speaker 3: Seriously, Thank God for Georgia. Stressful, save this guy.
Speaker 12: I gotta save this guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's brookod Jeffrey in the.
Speaker 9: Morning, Brooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 5: Hey, look at that. We actually got a yes today, Dude.
Speaker 3: I have ever been more thankful for one of our listeners.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm The thing is, it wasn't necessarily a romantic yes, but the opportunity for romance is there.
Speaker 3: I mean, by him. I'm sure he's going to fall in love with her, there's no question on that. But I mean the whole thing is, hopefully she saves him. From getting scammed out of tons of money.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I just think you're right. I think he needs to not talk to another woman ever. Yeah, because he falls alone with everyone.
Speaker 5: Yeah who said that? Because it does feel like everybody Randall meets or talks to he immediately falls forth. So Brook, make sure to check your DMS tomorrow because there's probably a message in there that says the way you handled that second date was just magnanimous. Perhaps the universe willed this call into existence just so I could hear your beautiful nasally voice and find my true compass.
Speaker 3: Hey, yeah, Naisley, thank you, jeff But those are Randalls. Yes, Randall, if you're listening, please dm Alexis instead.
Speaker 5: Yes, you can hear all of our lovely voices for hours on end if you listen to our Second Date Update podcast. Wherever you get yours, just search Brooke and Jeffrey