Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: The Emirates NBA Cup is here. You can win big getting in on the action at Draft Kings Sportsbook, an official sports betting partner of the NBA. All thirty teams split into six groups every Tuesday and Friday, playing for the right to advance into a single elimination in season tournament culminating in the NBA Cup Championship in Las Vegas. First time. Here's something special for you new Draft King customers. Bet five dollars to get one hundred and fifty in bonus bets if your bet wins. Score big with Draft Kings Sportsbook, Every point counts. Download the Draft Kings Sportsbook app. Use Code Money Moves. That's Code Money Move for new customers to get one hundred and fifty in bonus bet if your bet wins when you bet just five bucks only on Draft Kings.
Speaker 1: The Crown is yours.
Speaker 3: Gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler or in West Virginia visit one eight hundred gambler dot net. In New York call eight seven seven eight hope and wire text hope and yas four six seven three sixty nine. In Connecticut, help is available for problem gambling called eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of boothill casino when resorting. Kansas twenty one and over age varies by jurisdiction, void and Ontario one. No sweat bet per new customer issued as one bonus bet based on amount of initial losing bet. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issue. Ince See dknng dot com slash promos for deposit wagering and eligibility restrictions, terms and responsible gaming resources.
Speaker 2: Hello, ladies and gentlemen, thank you for joining us. The AFC crowned another division winner. The AFC North has a winner. It is the Baltimore Ravens. After a blowout went over Cleveland Browns. The Cincinnati Bengals kept hope alive with a nineteen seven seventeen victory over the Pittsburgh Steelers.
Speaker 1: Now they need the.
Speaker 2: Broncos to lose and a loss or a tie by the Miami Dolphins against the Jets and they make the playoffs.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: Interesting game, will jump right into it. Please make sure you hit that subscribe button. Please make sure you hit that light button and go subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed wherever you get your podcast from. Thank you guys for being with us. You're with us on Christmas holidays. It doesn't matter how late we come on you guys, stay up, you tune in, you watch. We greatly, greatly appreciate that. Make sure you check out Shave by Laportier. We have it in stock. The holidays.
Speaker 1: Twenty twenty five is upon us.
Speaker 2: Hopefully your twenty twenty five has got off to a great start, and what better way to continue that than with a bottle of Shade by Lapotier. Now, if you cannot find it in a city or state near you, order it will ship it directly to your home, and please drink responsibly. Go follow up Media Company on all of its platforms. That Shayshay Media and my clothing company eighty four with eighty four being spelled out. We had to drop just happened last month, shirts, sweats, beanies, coosies, and mugs. Quant of these are limited, so please make sure you grab yours Wild supplies last and tickets for the Super Bowl show in New Orleans. It's our first spring tour stop of the year. They're on sale now. The link is pinned at the top of the chat. February the sixth in New Orleans. Be there, We've got some big time guests coming. You don't want to miss this, guys. Hey, let's jump right into it. Oh, show the Bengals defeated the Steelers nineteen seventeen. It was the Bengals defense, I repeat the much malive that got criticized all year, But a lot of these games lately, it's been their defense that has saved the day.
Speaker 1: Trey Hendrickson three and a half sacked. He's going to lead the league. Hey, for the second consecutive year in sacks.
Speaker 2: Now the Bengals made the Broncos lost and a Dolphins lost or tie, and they make the playoffs. If the Broncos loose, if win, it does not matter what the Dolphins do. If the Dolphins win, it does not matter. So they got to sit back and pray.
Speaker 1: Now they've to do.
Speaker 4: We ain't got to pray. We ain't got to pray. You talk about hope. The first thing you said was we have to hope. I'm gonna tell you what's gonna happen. God has faithor you know, he has favor on He has favor on my Bengals.
Speaker 1: If he had favor, y'all wouldn't be in this predicament.
Speaker 4: Listen the fact that listens have you got to understand it's not supposed to be perfect. I told you what the perfect story in it for the NFL would be, and it's going to play out just like that. The Chiefs are going to beat the Broncos tomorrow.
Speaker 1: I'm listen to me.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna tell you how the Chiefs are gonna beat the Broncos tomorrow. It doesn't matter what happened with Miami. Don't matter what happened with the Jets.
Speaker 2: Yes it does. If the Dolphins win, you still don't make the playoffs. Hold on, hold on, hold on, It does not matter. Just see see that's what you're talking. The Broncos lose and the Dolphins win, you are not going to the playoffs.
Speaker 1: Let me finish. I ain't even let me finish. The Dolphins are playing the Jets. Correct.
Speaker 4: Yes, Aaron Rodgers is gonna be a Rodgers Tomorrow. We're gonna see the We're gonna see the old School and Rogers. You hope it, you fee no, no, no, no, no, no no no, I'm not hoping I'm just saying the fact that he's played bad the past two weeks, he's not gonna play He's not gonna.
Speaker 1: Last two weeks. Pullp Aaron Rodgers numbers.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna let you make it, but I'm gonna ask to put these numbers up because you said he played bad to last two weeks. For the last six weeks, okay, yeah, yeah, and he's been a business no no, no, no, no, no, no, finish your thought.
Speaker 4: Go ahead, talk about what's gonna happened the Jets. The Jets are gonna be the Dolphins, right this is the visual game. The Chiefs are gonna beet Broncos. I told you already. It's about the defense of the Bengals and how they're playing at the right time. They didn't they haven't played. And listen, let me finish that. We haven't played good all season. But lou I don't gotten them boys playing some good football right now. And this is this is a team that nobody wants to see in the playoffs right now, while we're peaking defensively offensively. If once we this is what I'm saying, once we get into the playoffs, it's a rat.
Speaker 1: It's Curtains. I'm telling you that, and don't forget we gotta we got a thousand dollars bet on the game tomorrow. Yes we do. Okay, I's gonna make sure and anybody in the chat that don't believe in me.
Speaker 4: We haven't lost the game since I cried on here on nightcap and I stopped beat McDonald's.
Speaker 2: We ain't lost the game in five weeks. But you didn't have no choice because you lost the bet. You didn't stop eating McDonald's out of the kindness of your heart right on this bed.
Speaker 4: I'm not gonna I'm gonna stay. I'm not gonna eat it. I'm not gonna eat it the mot I'm not gonna eat it the mot until we until the Bengals. We're gonna be in New Orleans. Okay, we're gonna be in New Orleans.
Speaker 1: Let's go.
Speaker 4: They who they who ain't think they're gonna beat them Bengals. Nobody saying.
Speaker 2: I feel very bit comfortable. That's why I put a thousand dollars up that the Broncos were gonna be gonna win that game against Kansas City. I predicted this that when they want, when they when Kansas City went to Pittsburgh and won on Christmas that they were gonna rest their starters, Patrick Mahomes. I think Patrick Mahomes and they're gonna probably rest, not the offensive line, I mean some of the guys. You gotta play some guys. You only got eight offensive linemen up, so for the most part, they've got to play.
Speaker 1: But all your Creek key contributors.
Speaker 2: Mahomes is not gonna play, Travis Kelsey is not gonna play, Chris Jones is gonna make sure that camp is healthy. McDuffie, a lot of your key guys. I wouldn't be surprised if like seven or eight starters are down. But like I said, you gotta play. You gotta play your offensive line because you only have eight of those guys.
Speaker 4: Anyway, go ahead, Can I tell you something, Yes, Carson Wentz was yeah, starter from the Philadelphia Eagles. Wentz knows how to win. Carlson Wentz knows how to play good football. Andy Reid as creative as he is. I'm sure we're going I'm talking about week I'm sure the Chiefs are gonna be okay hey and have a competitive game against the Broncos. I love bow Knicks. I love bow Nicks.
Speaker 1: He's played very well all season long. But with the money on the line, what's that state?
Speaker 4: Not only for the Chiefs even though I know they had a bye, I know they had any but they're not gonna lay down. Any reader's not gonna allow them boys to lay down. They're going to come through for us. Aaron Rodgers. As much as we said about you, I know you're gonna see this, as much as be said about you.
Speaker 1: Matter of fact, Aaron Rodgers probably watching. I need you to come through for me tomorrow. Aaron Rodgers. Old you say it's gonna be to Aaron Rodgers.
Speaker 4: Ow you know how we see Aaron Rodgers of bowl in spurts and spurs small spirts. We gonna get one of them spurts tomorrow. We're gonna get one of them spurts tomorrow. I garantee you. When we saw Aaron Rodgers play against the goddamn jack Bars and god damn DeVante Adams had god damn nine for one ninety eight nine TD something like.
Speaker 1: That, that's what's gonna look like tomorrow. I guarane one, two, three, four or five seven.
Speaker 2: They're one in seven and their last they're won in seven UH and their last eight games UH.
Speaker 1: Arizona they lost thirty one to six.
Speaker 2: He had one hundred and fifty one yards against Indy he had one hundred and eighty four yards. Of the loss Seattle he had one hundred and eighty five yards and a loss Miami.
Speaker 1: UH he did have three thirty nine. Whoa it was in a loss WHOA Jacksonville. They won that game.
Speaker 2: The Raiders they lost last week against Buffalo, he had one hundred and twelve had a loss Bingo.
Speaker 1: Ram been lost against the rap I said the Raiders the ram.
Speaker 4: Listen understand how the game of football goes. Understand how to you see how the numbers that keep going up, then they go down, then they go up, then they go down. What did he have when he played the Offhins the first time? Three thirty seven?
Speaker 1: They lost it over tied three thirty nine? Ah, he had three thirty nine. So what do you think happened this week? What you think just the way, just the way the game flows, and you're understanding of the game of football, what you think can happen.
Speaker 2: But you know what I noticed in the game that he played really well. The temperature was like eighty degrees. Both were in Florida, one was in Jacksonville, one was in Miami. Can you tell the people at home what was the weather like in Seattle? What was the weather like in Buffalo last week? Cold?
Speaker 1: Rather like in Seattle? Oh he was raising? What What was the weather like in Indy? Indoor?
Speaker 2: No, it was in New York, Indy beat him? Okay with the weather like? Oh Joe, tell the people that on what the weather like it was? So what what do you think the weather gonna be like tomorrow? It's gonna be cold? Can I tell you something?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Aaron Rodgers played in Green Bay and you know what it is in Green Bay in December.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's cold, it's cold. He gonna be, he gonna be, all right, the Aaron Rodgers that you saw in Green Bay? When did you have you see him show up? And she didn't see him show up.
Speaker 4: In the New York and look and look like that. We'll not we see him a first. We see we see him in in in in in small in small flows. You know, oh ship, that's who, that's why we signed him. And then it goes away. Oh shit, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, sorry, I gotta I gotta simple down that just to listen to me. He's used to playing in the cold weather, so we can't use the weather as reading because he was phenomenal in Green Bay for years in the cold.
Speaker 2: As you get older and older, you get less tolerance. That's why a lot of people, as they get older, where did they move out, Joe? They moved to Florida. They moved to Arizona. They moved to California, even though they've lived their entire life in the cold. You build up a less tolerance for the cold as you start to age.
Speaker 1: Do Okay, I have a question.
Speaker 4: Since you yes, you're feeling so good by the Dolphins whining tomorrow, let's make another bed, make another bet.
Speaker 1: I don't care not about the Dolphins. Definitely my team. Okay, I'm not pulling team because you're not pulling for my team. Okay. And the Broncos. Okay, listen, I'm gonna tell you one more time. I'm telling him again. Now when we on the show tomorrow, don't say, oh, you was right. I ain't know how did you know? I'm telling you how it's gonna go.
Speaker 4: The Chiefs are going to beat the Broncos, and the Jets are going to upset the Dolphins, even though the Dolphins is my team. I'm from Miami, born and raised Oudam Dave County, from Liberty City.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you how I feel good about this. I feel good. I feel good about my team. They know what's at stake.
Speaker 1: You don't. But let's get into this game. Come on.
Speaker 2: I love football gods, I love him. Come on, and I love when they punished bad behavior. They punished George Dickens the night and I love it. Yes, sir, and I've been telling you from day one. I say, you know what, Mike Tomlin, you condone George Pickens's behavior.
Speaker 1: You tolerate things on the win.
Speaker 2: You never would have a lost Yes, sir, and I told you I saw this with ab in twenty sixteen. Now you see this now I come with pickets. It come with Deontay Johnson. Mike Tomlin will tolerate negative behavior, sift he wins the game.
Speaker 1: Now look at you look it.
Speaker 2: George Pickens basically lost them the game tonight because he was awful.
Speaker 1: Can you think it on it? Oh? He can make.
Speaker 2: When you I'll let you talk about your team. The Beds and Aaron Rodgers. Let me have this moment. You have been George Picktt's biggest supporter, even when he wouldn't run, even when he wouldn't recover a fumble. You supported it, even when he he was the reason that the interception happened in Pittsburgh to prior move, you supported it. Now I want you to pull on yes chat Now, I want you to put on your best support and support George Pikett for the for the game that he had tonight.
Speaker 1: I can't support him.
Speaker 5: He had a bad game. He had a bad game, and you don't know if you know what I can say, he had a bad game. He has to watch that film. He has to have a better understanding. And you can't perform like this. Obviously, they're they're the fifth seed, right, they're the fifth seed.
Speaker 2: Us if the Broncos win, the Broncos will be the fifth right.
Speaker 1: We find uh, we're find to get okay, But anyway, anyway back, I know George gonna see the pick. But you can't play like that. Why you can't play like that. You can't have those type of games. You can't have.
Speaker 2: Oh, okay, if the Chargers win, they're the sixth seed. The Chargers will be the fifth seed. Okay, Okay, so they'll be the So the Broncos can only be the seventh seed, right, so the Broncos, Dolphins or Bengals can only be the seventh seed. The only thing that can flip would be the Chargers. If they win, they're the five, Steelers are the six, and then you get Bengals, Dolphins or Broncos as the seventh seed.
Speaker 4: Okay, for the sake of the conversation, we'red Then what's gonna happen. The Bengals is gonna be the seventh. Ok But again let's go back to George Pickens. Pick you can't have a game like that.
Speaker 1: You can't. You can't. If anything, you need to be the reason why your team is winning.
Speaker 4: They have to count on you. You are the team's best offensive weapon. Therefore, you got to always be on point. Your feet always got to be ten tolls every time you step on the field. You have to understand that you have to move as such and understanding how valuable you are to the guy almost cursed again, how value you are to the Steelers.
Speaker 1: You have to Oh, that also comes with growth.
Speaker 4: That also comes with understanding on how important I am to the not only the franchise, but my team's success offensively, he got to understand that.
Speaker 2: Oh so, so, where are you gonna understand that? Because you saw that behavior last year in Cincinnati? Yes, you started ending last year when he wouldn't chase. Yes, he wouldn't hustle. You gave up on the plane that got picked. Yes, me me personally. Yeah, I don't believe you can win with it. I want somebody else to win. I want him to grow with somebody else.
Speaker 1: Okay, you know what.
Speaker 4: I understand what you're talking about, right, I understand what you're talking about. But let's not let's not let's not misake and understand the type of talent that is. Yeah, let's not make it. Well, I don't see Randy Moss talent. I don't see Randy Moss talent. So I gotta let him go.
Speaker 1: Ain't no sing, Ain't no Randy Moss talent coming through that though. Okay, on no team right now.
Speaker 2: I gotta let him go then, So because because because that behavior, his play, don't overcompensate his behavior, right because, and.
Speaker 1: Is he more talent than a b oh no? So what did they do to a b O?
Speaker 2: Joe?
Speaker 1: You tell the people for the people that don't realize what happened. What did Pittsburgh do? What they be? They they had to fall away on. They will tolerate. Listen, Chad, I want you to understand.
Speaker 2: And when Ocho and I we talk, we talk a lot of stuff about sports, but this applies to regular life and a regular job situation. Also, your employer will tolerate you until he can replace you. Yes, sir, Yes, they will tolerate until they can replace. Now let me tell you what happens if you're a really good player and you got negative behavior, when that time come, it makes it real easy for them to get off you. Yes, sir, You see how easy it was for the Packers to get rid of Aaron Rodgers? Wait?
Speaker 1: How many years? How many years? First? Now? How many years?
Speaker 2: See you see I told what But I'm not supporting I'm telling you how no, no, but they got rid of him. What They tolerated that behavior until they could do what O Joe get rid of you? Now, what are the Jets gonna do?
Speaker 1: What? You Now, if you had to put some money down, do the Jets keep him or let him go? Hey?
Speaker 5: You know what?
Speaker 4: That's you know what I'm glad you said that. Listen to me, Listen to me real quick, stay with me. You understand how difficult it is to find a quarterback now, as bad as he's played this year? Who do you think they'd rather gambled with? Do you think they'd rather get him with somebody that is new, we don't know what you're getting, or someone that has a resume.
Speaker 1: That of Annon Rogers? What do you think that resume got him this year? He got that resume? What have they gotten them?
Speaker 5: Nothing?
Speaker 1: Nothing? But it's that resident that hast in the position to be.
Speaker 2: You believe do you believe they can find another quarterback and go four and eleven?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Or no?
Speaker 1: Yes, sir?
Speaker 2: So why keep airon Rogers and pay him fifty men when you can give somebody else and pay him ten, fifteen, maybe even twenty or even thirty. So what's the what's the upside of keeping Aaron Rodgers? First of all, o Jo, he hadn't won the Super Bowl in fourteen years? Now you believe in you're twenty one right, that there's the chance he could do it?
Speaker 1: Not no, not not all?
Speaker 4: But I know I know what he does, thinking like a GM, thinking like an owner, their belief is based on what he has done. Is you know what he gives a chance, there's hope despite the year he had. Oo, I'm not speaking for me, I'm speaking at him. No, No, I have an owner or a GM with thin. I don't believe on. I don't believe GM feel that same way anymore.
Speaker 1: No, you'll think, Joe, I don't okay, I don't okay. I have a question to me. Ask you said Kirk Cousins.
Speaker 4: Everybody feel, everybody feels Kirk Cousins is worth you know, you know he can go get three one hundred whatever million from godamn Falcons. But he won one playoff game. But Super Bowl champion Aaron Rodgers full time MVP Aaron Rogers, Oh, we.
Speaker 1: Don't make it.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 4: Listen, understand what part it is to find a quarterback that can get the job done. We look at the Patrick Mahomes, the Josh Allen, the Joe Burrows and Lamar Jackson's, the Jordan Loves the c J Shrouds, Jaydon Daniels playing weathers here, it's very hard to get a find a quarterback where you know, once we get somebody in that position at the helm, we can build around that sometimes it's so hard to find. You got to go with someone old, someone that's done it before, even if there even if you got to take him out to the passion and it's time.
Speaker 1: For him to just go, he gives us hope.
Speaker 2: I could see that old Joe if he was the locker room presence, Now, why would I keep him when he as and he brings no value to my locker.
Speaker 1: Room on that now, I'm listen, I'm with you when you're right.
Speaker 2: I can't all get it back sometimes, and people don't want to realize how important the locker room is until there's chaos, until the culture is in shambles, and then you realize the presence, how important the locker room presence is.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm. This is not an accident. Yeah, especially you didn't hear all this stuff.
Speaker 2: Oh yo, you did not hear all this dysfunction with the locker room and with the Jets last year, with Zach Wilson and some of the other pieces that they.
Speaker 1: Had in place.
Speaker 4: Honestly, listen, not not not to bring up, not gonna bring up the past, but Zach Wilson had a better record.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: Last year I felt they should I felt they shouldn't have moved on from Zach Wilson. I was the one on the on the on the soapbox for Zach. And see what you just did, you said, Aaron Rodgers resume. Oh yes, you see what that relev That is why they moved on from Zach Wilson. Based on what Aaron Rodgerson has done in the past. That's the reason why he was there in the place. They gave Aaron Rodgers the keys to the entire organization once he got there, How do you think Devince Adam's able to get there?
Speaker 1: How do you think was able to get there? If if I'm DeVante, I'm done following Aaron Rodgers around.
Speaker 2: I'm good. And so wherever he go, I'm going the opposite. If he go north, I'm going south. If he goes east, I'm going west. I'm done with that.
Speaker 1: Right. But I'm done with that.
Speaker 4: Unless let's have a great understanding on why he did decide to come based on what they were able to do together, the chemistry that they had. If you.
Speaker 1: If you want to get stats, but he said he wanted to be somewhere where he can win. That's what he said.
Speaker 2: Now those are his words, right, Now, do you want stats, you want a thousand yard season, you want to potentially go to the Pro Bowl, or do you want to win? Because you've done all that, You've been a multiple time Pro Bowl player, You've got over one hundred touchdown catchers in your career, but the one thing that you haven't done is won a Super Bowl. I would like to thank Davonte Adams, a guy of his credential, that that's gonna look really good on his resume super Bowl because now he's looking at Okay, I gotta try to get because here's the thing. Now, they're gonna be a lot of guys with a thousand catches, right, there's gonna be a lot of guys with a thousand catches on you because you know, we've got the extra game now, and they throw the ball a lot more a lot than they originally did. Well, so now there's twelve hundred catches. It used to be Oh Joe, you got a thousand catches?
Speaker 1: Man? You slam dump? Oh yeah, most definitely.
Speaker 2: And so that's what that's what I think, Oh Joe, I think the thing is a bit. It all depends on what what Davante is looking for. Obviously, he's gonna want to get a nice compensation. I don't see Davonte playing for five ten million dollars. He's gonna want big money. But if I'm gonna get I want to go somewhere that I could win. That's somebody that and you're gonna have to weigh the options. You gotta look at the quarterback. How many opportunities I'm gonna get now?
Speaker 1: Could take you? The best opportunity for him?
Speaker 4: DeAndre Hopkins on the one year deal in Kansas City, right, Yes, Okay, so I'm assuming I'm thinking maybe in the off season, maybe that might be a great move, but a great move for the Manthe Adams. I think Patrick Mahone wouldn't have no problem having one of the best route runners in the NFL. Still, he doesn't obviously get the notoriety that he does he should, but he can see he's a great road runner. Oh he's still technical, yes, very very very sound, and I think he would be a great addition to the Chiefs offense, you know, with Xavier Worthy and I think Hollywood Brow.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure if Hollywood Brown is on a one to two year, three year deal whatever it may be. He's a free agent. I think he's on one year deal too.
Speaker 4: Oh see that listen, it all will probably it would all work himself out wherever the Manthea Adams goes.
Speaker 1: He will be a great addition for that offense.
Speaker 2: It is, But I just think the thing is, I think this game should force George Pickens to evaluate himself.
Speaker 1: Yes, sir, Yes, sir.
Speaker 2: Oh Joe, he had a great ball on the sideline and he dropped it. Yes, sir, that was big, That was huge.
Speaker 1: He had one. I mean he dropped every well, I understand, but those balls was in his hands and he dropped. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And he's a guy, you know, he's a guy that when he goes into a funk, he can't pull himself out.
Speaker 1: You know why he's not strong enough up here yet. You got to have that D that dB mentality.
Speaker 4: I mean, you get beat on, you got to have that dB in the mentality you get beat okay, next play you got to forget about it.
Speaker 1: And most of the time that's very difficult to do because I struggle with it too. As a receiver.
Speaker 4: I could be honest with young I could talk to you know, kob family. Yeah, when I was young, we took about year one, year two. But I drop a ball, I feel down on myself, now, down on myself. The next ball that.
Speaker 1: Comes it beat me up real bad. It beat me beat real bad.
Speaker 4: So most of the time early in my career, when I would drop a ball, I would tell Carson to check it, or I would tell Kidner, Actually what even Carson, I would tell Kidner check it. I don't want to route. I don't want to run on route. I don't feel comfortable yet. Throw me a smoke real quick, throw me a scream real quick. Let me touch it again, let me see it all the way in so it build my confidence back up. But until I get that confidence back up, feeling the ball and touch it again, tucking it away.
Speaker 1: Then I don't. I don't. I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't feel right now. So I understand what Pic is going through. But a performance like tonight cannot be had from a player of your caliber, as important as you.
Speaker 1: All to that guy there, in a game like this, you can't. You can't. So you know what, It's a good thing.
Speaker 4: Get it our system now, Get it our system now, because come next week, when it went, it counts when it counts, and they got to count on you.
Speaker 1: You got to come through form. You got to come got to come through form.
Speaker 2: I look at them, oh joe, they go and they're gonna either get They're gonna either get Baltimore. Oh if they're a five, If they're a five. See here's the thing now, I really tried to be the five seed. The Charges like, we're gonna win this game because we get the four seeds, which is of Houston Texans. They struggling. Their quarterback is down some confidence. They're not playing particularly well on either side of the ball. Oh I like that matchup. Yeah, you go slide to the sixth seed. He got the Ravens. You remember what the Ravens did the Pittsburgh last game. It could be a say it'll be the Ravens are really clicking. The defense is starting to play better.
Speaker 1: Lamar's Lamar.
Speaker 2: He had another outstanding game, O Joe. You see oh, oh man man Deck Henry wasn't getting ithing. You see the difference in the first half. You gave him the ball, he had what three four yard In the second half, he take the game completely over, completely over. That's all you got to do. Running the football is about a mentality. Says, it doesn't matter. People think you're supposed to get fifteen yards. The character oh Joe, when you run the football, it's a lot of ones and two maybe no yards, three yards, four yards and what he do poo twenty five yards, eighteen yards, boom, forty three yards.
Speaker 1: That's how it works.
Speaker 4: The funny thing about it, you have it back like Derrick Henry is, you're gonna have some ononsome tools. Yes, you get somebody that size, continue to wait on you on the on the defensive side of the ball.
Speaker 1: At some point.
Speaker 4: Players started to come up and make that business decision. The whole started to open up a little bit wider in that third and fourth quarter. You know, it's different. So it's like chopping wood, chopping wood continuously, it continues, it starts to crack more and more and more. Yes, at some point it opens right up. And every time they get Derrick Henry eighteen more carries in the game.
Speaker 1: They've won every game where he's carry the ball more than eighteen times every game.
Speaker 2: Every time, And it's really it's really not that complicated. And then he opens it up for Lamar. Lamar opens it up for him, and the game becomes so easy for them when they run the ball, because they're gonna run it. Oh Joe, they're gonna they got what the average they had two twenty five to day, Henry goes over nineteen hundred. Hey, hey, Baltimore, you see what you see what they did? The game was already out of hand, well five minutes left. They put Deack Henry back in the game.
Speaker 1: You see. Oh Joe, did you see what they did? Oh? Yeah?
Speaker 2: But the thing I hate they make it seem like it's mutually exclusive. What if he breaks the record, we can't win the super Bowl. Well if he doesn't, if he doesn't get the record, we can win the super Bowl. They're not mutually exclusively. Yeah yeah, I just, like I said, I don't get it, and I hope because now they've got to win the super Bowl.
Speaker 1: And they don't win the super Bowl at your love, Like bro.
Speaker 2: Y'all did all that for what y'all denied the man an opportunity at the record to do what?
Speaker 1: Oh so so you so thank you? So you feel the same way about Sakuon too, then, and that's how I felt. Oh yeah, I was. We talked about it.
Speaker 6: Hell yeah, thank you, Like he was absolutely he will never get this opportunity again. The chance happen back to back two thousand yard seasons are like, it is slimming done.
Speaker 1: It's very difficult to do.
Speaker 4: And then people then people you know, I'm I'm the inside the NFL Alpa hot at It is about, Oh, we're trying to mitigate through risks of injury.
Speaker 1: We had them playing sixteen weeks of football. All of a sudden he get the week seventeen and all of what what are we talking about? This is football. You play the game. You play it to win.
Speaker 4: Sometimes as an individual you have you have a chance to break records and spent your name in history. Like, why would you take that away from him because oh, we don't want to get hurt.
Speaker 1: What are we talking about? Then the check hurt every any time he stepped on the field.
Speaker 2: It absolutely lives. George Picking and Russell Wilson was not on the same page. Pickings to night Oh Joe against the Bengals, one of the worst secondaries in the NFL. He had six targets, three drops, one catch, zero yards. Earlier in the week, Piggins was asked about not being on the same page with Russell Wilson during the cheese game.
Speaker 1: Let's take a listen to what he had to say.
Speaker 2: Seemed like you and Ross weren't on the same page and that interception against the Chiefs, how does that happen?
Speaker 1: And what do you guys do to addressing? He said, Man, Russ wasn't on the same page. Yeah, well that's what he said. That's what he said. That's what he said. Okay, how do you just address that? All right? Thanks guys, that's it. Wasn't he wasn't the same page.
Speaker 2: He quit? Oh Joe, oh Joe. Ruff tried to protect it. Yeah, yeah, everybody thaw he quit on the route. Ruff did him a solid about.
Speaker 1: Saying he weren't on the same page past week on Christmas. Okay, okay, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah remember yeah mc duff. People's on him was cover two he quit, yes, threat. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Russ protected it saying we just weren't on the same page with actually everybody that saw it when they showed up the all twenty two of it. He actually quit on the route, which for which just to read, which is playing cover two to that side. There is no reason to get wide because there's no threat. Right so now with no threat, now I can pay attention to the hash to the middle of the field. Now I see pride moves that got by got the backer beat. Oh, let me just go ahead and take this.
Speaker 1: I cant bro right. So that that's back to back of week's two. So he got accountability.
Speaker 4: He got that Ruskin Russ Ruskine talked to matter of fact, Mike Tomlin, Mike Thomond, don't even need to say nothing. You know they have a conversation with it. Your quarterback. Your quarterback got to do one to pull you the side and talk to you.
Speaker 1: Boy. I need you, I need you, I need you to do everything.
Speaker 2: Mike Tomlin is the problem. Mike Tomlin accept things and whins. He witn't in the loss. Why would he be upset now, you don't upset when he started with he'd be boy driving half the time. When they win, go back chat. I want y'all to watch the tape. Watch watch when he You know why it's hard to get on the same page because he doesn't bust his ass on every route. That's why the quarterback can't get on the same page with you, O Joe, because half the time you bull jib it.
Speaker 1: Let's call it what it is. O, Joe.
Speaker 2: That's why the quarterback can't get on the same page with George Pickens, because George Pickens is lazy.
Speaker 1: He linelegagged in.
Speaker 2: His route, especially if he's not getting the ball. If he ain't getting the ball, George Picken's giving you his butt. Two kids, watch it wash the tape. That's why quarterback can't get on the same page because I don't know what speed he's gonna run at, run at. That's why they take whether you want you in practice, you run the route like you would in the game, so it times up when it comes to game. Yeah, card, it's not. It's listen, guys, I'm not telling anything earth shattering, oh Joe, And I know how you're supposed to do certain things and A and the coaches will get on us.
Speaker 1: So let me ask you a question.
Speaker 2: How do you think that's gonna time up in the game if you bull drive it in practice? Considering the game is absolutely faster, way faster.
Speaker 1: That's why you.
Speaker 2: Bust your butt knowing things are gonna even speed up. So if you bullgive it and the quarterback goes one, two, three, and you bull drive it, now he got a jack the ball off. Okay, he goes one two, three point five. He's looking to throw the ball. But because you didn't bust your butt in practice, he has no time. Now you want to bust your butt in the game. Now it's tiring, is off?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you see.
Speaker 2: That's why you practice, oh Joe, so you'll understand the quarterback. Get a feel of where the lineman's gonna be. Liman gets a feeling where the quarterback's gonna be. I get a feel or the timing of the quarterback the one two three, so forth its aw I get bumped. Okay, I can't get twelve. I got to cut this thing down. You got a good jam moment. Let me take this thing down a team, so it times up. You're not gonna be able to give them the same thing George Pickets because George Pickets bull jives in his routes.
Speaker 4: You know what I like too, now, as you said about it about how fast the game is, and something that I learned and understood maybe by the time I got the year three where Carson and I we had such a we had jail so well and had such great chemistry and my crazy but you know was always full speed in practice when the way I practiced when I got the year three in the game. You know how you just said, the game is much faster. It got to a point to me where the game was slow. The game was so it wasn't really moving so, but the way the way everything readister to me, it was registering slowed like I was moving like a little bit faster than the game itself.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't know if I'm saying it the right way for the people in chat to get it, like, well, the game slowed down because you understood the game better. There we go. Okay, that's the yes you There was no longer Am I doing the right thing the right depth?
Speaker 2: Now you can close your eyes and run that speed out did roll roll the twelve like it's nothing.
Speaker 1: You can run that bang like it enough A Hey that's seven, that's seventh. Stevens man the ball right there every time.
Speaker 2: I don't need a I don't need nothing, or had closed my eyes back, Hey whatever side, I'm on the back, but back and I'm gonna go one, two, three point five six, seven.
Speaker 1: And when I do this, that ball right there already gone.
Speaker 2: I know that.
Speaker 1: That's what they say when the game slows down. Now, you're no longer guessing. Man. The quarterback said the game. Man, I wonder what.
Speaker 2: Defense they're in. I wonder what I'm supposed to do with the ball. You already know, Oh, they're gonna give us this defense on first down. Now here's the here's the Okay, this is what they do. But here's the counter to this is what what they do. Now it slows down. The game didn't really slow, you just know you just you slowed the game aim down because you know what to do, where to.
Speaker 4: Be, and how to get there, and the and the great thing that the great thing about it, and now I can't wait to pick and get to this part. And and understanding the faster you play in practice, the slower of the game becomes in im on Sundays. And then not only that, when the defenses come out the huddle. You already come out to huddle with a plant. But once you playing based on the plane that's called, then you also have a plan based on.
Speaker 1: What you see in front of you. So you're saying, even with the skiters and the safeties playing around and the mic doing all that stuff, whatever Russell Wilson points at, you already know playing plan A, and you know plan B based on what's in front of you, and when it allows you to play fast and you can think freely.
Speaker 2: Yes, you don't have to guess man, because I got to run my rod off his alignment, don't Joe. I understand that if I got to get outside and he's outside, I got to do something to make him think I'm going inside to get him inside. And if I'm going inside, I've got to do something out side to make him think I'm going outside because I've got to get in there. I've got the quarterback, trust me, because he's gonna throw that ball. He's gonna throw that ball on timing, and it's got to be a complete or it's got to be incomplete.
Speaker 1: I can't. I can't fool it. And that's why I can't.
Speaker 2: Like I'm supposed to go inside and then all of a sudden, I'm gonna throw the bro and then also he ain't got that kind of time.
Speaker 4: And then you gotta think, even if the ball ain't for you, even if even you, whatever your assignment is, you.
Speaker 1: Got a musket, but you gotta go outside.
Speaker 4: Maybe it's open somebody else up in that corner with his back turn to get in the flip. So somebody's coming from the other side, you know, maybe a shallow or something, maybe the tight end.
Speaker 1: You got, Joe, other people.
Speaker 4: So when you understand the offense and his totality, then you don't get what happened last week.
Speaker 2: You don't, Oh, Joe, you know when you run covered to you not getting the ball. We trying to get somebody down in the hole. Yeah, that's what we're trying to do. We try to get them. Safety do why we can, because we want that guy. He's isolated one on one with the linebacker, and we wanted we don't want it to be a twenty yard a police and a safety make the play.
Speaker 1: We wanted to be a forty yard touchdown.
Speaker 2: Yes, sir, so I would bust my butt because guess what I've asked Rod, I've asked ed to.
Speaker 1: Bust my butt.
Speaker 2: So when they come to the shallow, they come to ex this, I've got to clear it because this is my opportunity to repay them for the service that they provided for me to get down the hole, or for me to run the basic cross, or me to run Tiger far across.
Speaker 1: That's the way it works.
Speaker 2: Pickings gotta understand just because you're not getting the ball, that's not your chance.
Speaker 1: To bull dye, right.
Speaker 4: I think he has to understand it. I think he has to understand that. I think no one has explained it to him that way, as opposed to. You know what, every time, every time you out there, when the offense is run, sometimes the ball ain't coming to you. But sometimes that you do have it might be to open somebody else up like it like it was last week. Right, But it's gonna come. It's gonna come. You gotta get together and you gotta get it. You gotta get together now.
Speaker 1: It's attitude though, Joe, you got your oo and they got to be listening. Listen.
Speaker 4: I've never I haven't had a chance to talk to him. If if I if I get his number, of I talked to him. I listen, I talked to him.
Speaker 1: I tell him, listen, well, you only get so many opportunities, baby, and you're you're such a special talent, you can't let it go to waste. And you're in the right place too. You you.
Speaker 4: In You're in the right place. You don't want to go nowhere else because you go somewhere else. Boy, the grass and always reading on another side. On Boyhead is not on another side.
Speaker 2: They're not going to tolerate said behavior like the Steelers are because the steet. You know what I'm saying, because look when you home, your parents would tolerate things, and like when you go like who talked? Where did you learn that? But if you notice, Ojoe, there's a real current thing with Steelers receivers. You see, I mean, what is it?
Speaker 1: I don't know what. I don't think there was any overlap between Picking and A B.
Speaker 2: I don't think there was any over lap between Deontay Johnson with Deontay Johnson and Pickings within that locker room together, and look at their behavior, it's identical.
Speaker 1: You see what happens when you don't have culture. We don't have someone to hold people accountable.
Speaker 2: See, now you need a veteran presence in the locker room to say that's not the way we do things.
Speaker 1: Well you got one. You got one of the quarterback that's a veteran president, that's a Super Bowl champions. Oh Joe, he just got there. Well, I know what you mean. But still they have they have an end goal in mind. They have mine. Russell Wilson understand what it takes to get you. I don't go out then Warling. So if there's somebody to talk to him, not to coach, not to coach, the one who's throwing you the ball, Russ gott to pull him aside. And I'm sure none of it are ready. We had a bed last year.
Speaker 2: What about your guys, cee Cee, Chase Claypool. I mean, I just want to know how many bad receivers before.
Speaker 1: Coach? You said all one?
Speaker 2: One of two things about Joe. Either you coach that behavior or you condone that behavior. There's no other way around it. You coach it or you condone it. So what's going on in Pittsburgh? Are they coaching it? Or are they condoning it?
Speaker 1: I mean, listen, I'm not condoning. I just said it as a way. I'm asking what if they doing in pittsbo Okay, okay, I see what you see what you mean? I said what you mean? Now, I understand, I understand. I understand.
Speaker 2: Like plex Plax wanted his money, stealers didn't want to pay no money. He went elsewhere, right, But san Antonio Holmes was Super Bowl MVP. Chase Claypool Coop Chase, claypool a b you got Pickings, you got Deontay Johnson, Right, I just want to know what Joe you got.
Speaker 1: I mean, hold on, a lot of these guys from Florida, whoa hold on that. Don't don't do that. Don't do that, don't do that. Don't do that because he listen, I'm from Florida. I ain't had no problems. Le'm just saying. I just I just want to I just want to know.
Speaker 2: And then fry Ooh lord, if fried Move catches that pass, he might hit his head on the gold post on joke.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm glad. I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 2: If he got that kind of speed, he might want to give himself. No, seriously, he might want to give himself up.
Speaker 1: Right because but they ain't got no time to save time. Hold on, hold on, let me take the bracelet love. What happened? Russ? What are you doing?
Speaker 2: Get your ass out of bounds. That's two times you've done that. George's just not import at this point in time.
Speaker 1: The clock is.
Speaker 2: Russ is too too vetterman of an e fing quarterback to keep making these mistakes. It cost him against the Baltimore Ravens. He trying to not all of a sudden, he Josh Allen, he gonna run Cam Newton, he gonna run somebody over with his fall ass. Slide your ass down. If this situation should get your ass out of bounds. Yardage three yards is not more, if not more important than fifteen seconds.
Speaker 1: I don't get it.
Speaker 2: It's like all of a sudden, these got they Oh Joe, it's like the moment, the moment got too big for me.
Speaker 1: He forgot what tell me?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 1: Tell me what you thought was o? Joe?
Speaker 2: Tell me you got one time out? Why would you not go out of bounds and save that time? I have wanted to get it three yards and gotta burn it.
Speaker 4: Listen, I'm glad it went that way because I show ain't want us, I ain't show, ain't want to salute us. So listen, I'm I'm you got to have better clock management, but I don't better understand the of the situation that you're in.
Speaker 1: It's called situation of football. Oh yeah, yeah, and the really and the really good ones, Yeah they understand, Oh yeah, big time.
Speaker 4: Plus it's two veterans fifteen fifteen back there in Kansas city.
Speaker 1: There's a reason to get paid five out of a millionaire. There's a reason.
Speaker 2: I just I'm like bro, I'm like bro, it's just hard to win when guys in situation they don't understand. And then you got you got your Oh Joe, it's hard when your best players have bad attitudes, you see, because the thing is, O Joe, you don't want to get rid of that guy and then have him have that attitude, have good, a good attitude because whatever the case. Because we saw what happened in Minnesota with Randy, they wanted to move on. He goes to the Raiders. He didn't feel he didn't feel appreciated. They wouldn't give him the opportunity. And then you know, he goes to he goes to New England and we see what happened.
Speaker 1: Like, Bro, why couldn't why couldn't we get that? Hey, listen, that's why, that's why you have to be cautious. That's why you have to be cautious, you know, and and have a little grace and elite a little leeway for players.
Speaker 4: Like that of that caliber that are special. George Pickens ain't no regular receiver. He ain't just noo he's a special talent. Eventually, eventually that behavior is gonna rear his head. And it reared his head in New England, didn't it. Because guess what? And the one guy that wasn't gonna put up with that behavior is you're playing for the guy. So what's the guy name that's not gonna put up with that behavior no matter how great you are?
Speaker 1: What's his name? Ojo? Bill Belichick?
Speaker 5: You know, I didn't know what when when I think about that situation that when I go back to it and think about it, remember like he didn't really do nothing.
Speaker 1: He just said I want my money. Oo. It was more to it than that.
Speaker 2: It was, yeah, okay, and you probably know. And then they traded the Tennessee. Okay, he goes to Tenna. See then what happened?
Speaker 1: Different offense too, boy, Oh Joe?
Speaker 2: You see now Minnesota? Oakland? Uh, New England, Tennessee Minnesota again for my team. Remember we keep blaming the teeth. Remember forty nine with the forty nine ers was the last stop we went there. They went to the Super Bowl and then he hung it up after that. Yeah, I just I just don't get it, oh Joe. It because the thing is is that you can steal a year. If you're a great player, they'll allow you to steal a year. A year you got, you can seal a few. See see now you cook it, steal a few, especially if you ain't no problem. See see now you cook it with Chris Go. See before you cooking with pay him? You like thanks cause you ain't. You ain't want to clog your artist. Now you got Chris go, You got to burn the house down. You know exactly what I'm talking about. They will allow you to steal a couple of years with a good attitude. Yeah, all right, Oh Joe, let's go to Pittsburgh's end of the season regular season on for knsecutive losses.
Speaker 1: How hard is it as a team to turn a slide around once you get to the playoffs. Oh, that's a good one. So that's that's four game four or five games lost in a row in a row? I mean, and what do you I'm trying to think? I mean, what can you do outside to play better offensive?
Speaker 4: Because the reason they haven't played well is because the offense has been a bit SMaL to pass for. Yeah, they've been bad as opposed to how they looked before they look, they look really good. I'm not sure what's going on with Art Smith and the play calling or or Russ and you know, his ability to to facilitate the ball to the receivers.
Speaker 1: I don't know what it is, huh. I honestly, I can't tell you. I just know from an offend the standpoint, they've.
Speaker 4: Been able to run it okay, but the past as a game hasn't been what it should be because, oh.
Speaker 1: Yo, the receivers. I don't know what I'm gonna get. First of all, you remember pick mystery games.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but when he's in, oh Joe, I mean if he's supposed to roll ten, I don't know because on your cousin, you know that on that speed out of that ten, roll to twelve. Yeah, ohyo, that thing gotta you gotta throw, You gotta throw it on time. Yeah, ain't no, ain't no. I'm a wait till he gets I'm a way to to say. College in the NFL different between NFL and college. In NFL, you throw people open. In college, you can wait till they get open.
Speaker 1: Not that, not no, no, noth no.
Speaker 2: These guys are too good, they study too much film, and you throw a ball. Wait, until he gets open in the NFL.
Speaker 1: Going the other way, we'll pick it. It's going another way. I just go there.
Speaker 2: How you gonna pick it? If if? If it's really it's really that simple, and it's hard. I think we lost so long. We lost three or four. We lost to Pittsford, we lose to lost the sad FRAYD. We lost the Pittsburgh Sad Fray. We lost three or four, but we won. We lost three games. Then we won the final game of the season against Seattle, and then we had a home game because back then on Joe we.
Speaker 1: Were the.
Speaker 2: Don't know what we were. I think there's only three divisions back then. But anyway, we had a home game. We got one home game, and then we had to go on the road. We had to go to Kansas City and we had to go to Pittsburgh. But the thing was is that the teams that we were playing on Joe we had already played, so it was a lot of familiarity, and we felt that because they beat us, they really weren't gonna change anything, which gave us an opportunity to change a lot about what we did.
Speaker 1: Because if I win on Joe, why would I why would I change anything. I won. We knew that.
Speaker 2: We know you're not gonna change anything. Can't help yourself. And then now we take it now we took advantage of that. But it's tough. But like I said, o Jo, I think me personally, Yeah, I think the Steelers over a cheap. I don't think they're great team, you know, think so. I don't look at another great team though.
Speaker 1: I never thought that.
Speaker 4: But then they're not a great team offensively, they're a great team defensively.
Speaker 1: That's there their their their identity.
Speaker 4: Their identity has always been offense well as opposed to when Roethlisberger was there, they were off with the juveniut then yeah, you know, even the defense was good and I think about I think my era, Oh my goodness.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But but here's the thing.
Speaker 2: The Steelers have always prided themselves on defense until they got Big Ben and then all of a sudden, they started getting those receivers and they started throwing the football. So when they got they had Ben, they had Levey Yard, they had a b They was like, we're just gonna outscore you.
Speaker 1: Well they were mastery then, boy oh absolutely, because they could run it, they could throw it.
Speaker 2: The defense was good, but the championship level teams that they had, it was still a defensive base football team.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: When they had with Lamar Woodley, they had James Harrison, they had Barrier, they had Foot, had Troy, they had I that had Ryan Clark, they had they had a keyesel Oh yeah with a beard Yeah, Aaron Smith.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yea yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. Didn't have Aaron Smith with it, Kem Yeah, Ben o'hawker, yeah, Carson Manu.
Speaker 2: Russ said after the game, I'm not blinking on George Pickings. If anybody believes in him, I definitely do.
Speaker 1: There we go. That's what I'm talking about. That's quarterback. Quarterback. Got to say that.
Speaker 4: Now after you say what you need to say it from the media, pull pull him aside, and then talk to him, not know, not know any kind of talk.
Speaker 1: I'm talking about on the corner. Now he ready, he ain't ready to have that cut. That's not First of all, that's not Russ's personality.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I mean that, that's that's what Russ. You know, Russ got that inning, Russ got that innie. Russ got to talk to him like that. You can't talk he annoyed it. You can't talk to Ojo. You know when you annoyed it. You can't talk to people like that. Hey, listen and you need to talk to it. Hey, even even the passer, even the pass will pull you aside and then step out the pool pit and talk to you the right way.
Speaker 1: Now, Russ got that in you, you got it. He got the team.
Speaker 2: On the other hand, didn't let me talk to him because what what I'm annoyed? Win? Right? That ain't gonna get me in the He gonna get me into the pearly game. So I would say, Lord, I gonna ask for forgiveness, Oh Joe. The Ravens captured the AFC third seed and will play host to either the Chargers or the Steelers next week and the wild card ride of the playoffs. Lamar captain historic season with the Performers. Today, he was sixteen or thirty two two hundred and seventeen yards, two touchdowns. He rushed nine times for sixty three yards. He became the first player in NFL with four thousand passing yards nine hundred rushing yards, and he's the first player Aaron Rodgers to throw more than forty touchdowns with fewer than five interceptions.
Speaker 1: And he just finished. Jordan, open this up, get a bigger.
Speaker 2: He's the first quart He finished with the second highest quarterback rating in NFL history, behind Aaron Rodgers. So he's the second quarterback to go forty and fewer than five. He finished with the second highest quarterback rating. He's the first quarterback in NFL history with forty plus fashion touchdowns and nine.
Speaker 1: Hundred yards rushing, and his team won the division.
Speaker 2: Yea, guys, look, I know it's gonna be close, and I know Josh Allen has had a phenomenal season. And I don't know if anybody thought that Josh Allen considering what he lost with Gabe Davis, with Stefan Digg's leaving, Tradavius White, Davis, Travarious tra Various White, Michael High.
Speaker 1: A poorer, he lost a lot. Yeah, but how do I deny? How? How how o Joe? Do I deny this? Yeah? It's hard? How do I deny it? It's hard? And listen when you look at him, you look at Lamar's what Lamar has been able to do, especially his numbers this year. How do you say he's not the MVP? But I could tell you one thing about them voters. I could tell you one thing about them, voters. Despite what we made think, despite what's right there in your face statistically, and what Lamar has been able to do this season, they will find a way. They will find a way to move the gold post. Whatever their reasoning may be.
Speaker 4: I'm not sure what it may be, because they just want to give it to Josh Allen, because Josh Allen has had a phenomenal year with less. He's had a phenomenal year with less. Now what they will take into accounts when it comes to who they decide to be the MVP, I don't know. I wish Yoah when the Bills play Jamorrow, Okay, but Josh Allen ain't playing, no see. I wish he was playing, honestly, just for me, just for the sake of the race and the talk of the MVP. I wish he was playing so he could put on one last show, one last show, and because based on what Lamar Jackson did today, that really sALS.
Speaker 1: The deal for me. You know, I'm not I'm not a voter. I'm not the one voting.
Speaker 4: So if the voter is already in, then it's already been made, regardless of what Lamar Jackson did today or not, because if it's based off his last performance and what he's done in the totality of the season, it's going to got dam Lamar Jackson. I don't see how it could not.
Speaker 1: And the first thing he's gonna say was, well, damn well he had Derrick Henry. That could be the only argument. Yeah, And the thing else, Derrick Henry might take some vote from Lamar. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean because he had what nineteen hundred yards in sixteen touchdowns, second most rush yards in Baltimore history. Obviously, Jamal has the record at two thousand and six the most rough touchdowns in a single season sixteen. He's the first guy with an NFL history to have two seasons in which he rushed for over nineteen hundred yards ed in his rookie season, rushed for eighteen eighteen and then he came back in second season and went twenty one oh five. Derrick Henry could him easily had he not gotten hurt that year. There was a year that Derrick Henry was ahead of the pace in which he broke with He had over two thousand yards. He was ahead of that pace the following year, got injured and missed the rest of the season, so theoretically he might have had three nineteen hundred yard seasons or maybe even another two thousand yard season.
Speaker 1: Okay, but I think.
Speaker 2: With what he's done, he's definitely played himself into a first battlet of Hall of Famer. I haven't been a round him a whole lot, oh Joe, but a little bit of time I've been.
Speaker 1: A rounding him.
Speaker 2: I really liked it, Henry. I really like any great guy. You could tell he worked hard, he takes his stuff serious. First of all, it's hard for guy that that go to Alabama to not work hard. You're not finna not work hard on saving watch. That's not gonna happen.
Speaker 1: So it's kind of like if you go to New England.
Speaker 2: You know, if you get somebody from New England, Joe, for the most part, especially if they got drafted in New England, Oh, they're gonna work hard. You know what you yet, co Coach Belichick, don't play that foolish now. But look, I used to have a votere had a vote for a decade when I was a CBS. I no longer have a vote, O Joe, But for me, I would vote my eyes tell me that this is the MVP. He's had an MVP season, and I believe he would have earned the award, not deserved. I believe he would have earned the award with his play. But I can understand that some people don't vote for josh Alla for the very reason that you said he's done. He's won more games with less. He doesn't have a thousand yard receiver. Uh, he doesn't have anybody going to the Pro Bowl other than an offensive lineman. Dion Dawkins lives is going to the Pro Bowl. Lamar Sentner's going to the Pro Bowl. Deck Henry's going to the Pro Bowl. Lamar Jackson is going to the Pro Bowl. Marlon Marlon Humphreys going to the Pro Bowl. Hamilton, the All World safety is going to the Pro Bowl, Mata Bee Quay and going to the Pro Bowl. So I understand, Ojo, I do understand the voters. They said with Shannon, look at what he's done with far less talent. Okay, But boy, when I look at this, and the argument is, you go back and look at some of those drew Ree seasons.
Speaker 1: You breathe that five thousand yards and forty tests downs, it didn't win it VP. It's just man. When I just watched Lamar, I mean four thousand yards.
Speaker 2: I would have never believed it, Ojo, because all I said that if he can get his if he can get his arm to eighty five percent of his legs, he's gonna be a multiple time MVP because his legs are ridiculous. Well, now his arm is ninety percent of his leg and this is what you get now, had he wanted to, could have been four thousand and a thousand, Yeah, he could have.
Speaker 1: He could have easily. And listen, he's still might. He got a long way to go. Boy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think the thing is on your that's not on his mind anymore. He can throw the ball so much so he don't rely on it. He's not nearly rely because now he used to like get the ball it's broke down, he's looking to run.
Speaker 1: Now if it breaks down, he's looking to buy time to throw it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he gonna let some guys, hey before I before I absolutely have to take off for yall and put this thing under my arm. I'm going to let you guys get some type okay, likely get open, Okay, Andrews, I'm gonna give you an opportunity. Okay, flyers, Okay, baby, I'm gonna give you guys a chance to get open. I don't want to run, but I'll do it. Hey, like Gator told him to say, Baba, Hey, don't make me hit the whole lady over here. Mama, I'll do it. You know, we had that hay he said, Baba Gato. She asked him to say gayto what happened to the TV. He said, damn it, Mama, I smoked the TV.
Speaker 1: You know, you know the extent of z Flowers injury.
Speaker 4: I hope he's okay, You're good, Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, he's scared. He scared me a little bit when he grabbed and when he grabbed the way, yeah, because I just see it.
Speaker 2: It looked like maybe something he got, maybe something. It's just like a little bone bruise or something.
Speaker 1: Children another dude he needs with the dude on the way.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, Okay, okay, okay, because you know, hey, man, hey, and you know, at least now cho they play with knee pads. You know, we just did that hard ass dirt. We have no knee pass at all, nothing knee pass, no thigh pass. They got, Hey, they got knee pass five pass. Hell, I mean some of the problem running backs where he a path, But we're out there just basically we had on type to make a long story short. We had on type because we had him take it all the all the in the workings of our paint games. Cut all that out, but all that out. Y'all know who started that. We started that, y'all. Thank y'all thanked the Broncos took back then when you yes, yes, okay, yes, we cut our pants and then you would have the shoe string for the belt to tie it up.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But the first person, actually I would to give Ricky.
Speaker 2: Ricky Jackson was the first person I ever saw that had no pass in the span And I was like, man, wed let you do that.
Speaker 1: I went out there like, hey, you feel so light? Oh, y'all don't like.
Speaker 2: And I remember I remember when I came to practice and Mike asked, like, eighty four, you're gonna play in the game like that? I like, yeah, He's like, okay, that's on you. Hey, if however, he said, come to practice, however you're going to play in the game now, Dad Reeve wasn't playing that. Dad Reeve said, look, if you good, if you don't have no pass in and you get a five bruise, I'm gonna find you. Let me go and put this thing. Let me put then let me be there.
Speaker 1: Do you want to know? Have to worry about this?
Speaker 4: It's so funny. When we used to practice right with Belichick in New England. You could play in the game happy you want to. But Bill in practice, he had everybody looking like the goddamn mannecan in the damn all you know, the mannequin in the equipment room.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it could be on the wall on how you supported.
Speaker 2: Yeah, got he got an elbow pad, he got, he got on the head hand pad.
Speaker 4: Little kid, Bill, make everybody you gotta have your knee pass in, your thigh pass in, no matter how you feel like the game you Yeah.
Speaker 1: I'm like, oh my god, what that would be crazy? And he he ain't playing that.
Speaker 4: If you ain't remember went out there one time, I'm thinking, you know, I'm a veteran.
Speaker 1: He knock on trip here I go. I'm out there. Took the lining out of my pants, no knee pad, no thigh path. Man. Bill sent me in there, sending me right back in I.
Speaker 4: Had change my pants and get some new pants and put my thigh pass and the knee pads ain't just for practice, but.
Speaker 2: Hey, that was a mike like, Hey, if you don't play, if you don't play with no knee pass, no thigh pass, you can't practice without them. Well, hey, I ain't have nothing help of the show the past, that's all I had. I ain't have no thigh pass. I didn't play with no mouthpiece. It's like, man, you got I said, bro, I don't have time out of out of slap hands with somebody to hit somebody on their ass. They made a good play, and you think I'm reaching my mouth and pull my mounthpiece out, and plus I want to be able to talk ish on command.
Speaker 1: And that far more fault. Uh huh. I ain't put the mouth piece. Just a mouthful of gold, that is it. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I had them three sticks, a big red in my mouth. I was good red, but fresh talk with cashish.
Speaker 1: Oh, there was some good days.
Speaker 5: Boy.
Speaker 2: The volume