Speaker 1: I can't pick anymore. Even with categories. You were just saying the categories and you know, reliable starter.
Speaker 2: I literally was like, Oh, if you're fortunate enough right to to let's call it have tenure and I call it earn experience and then discipline enough to apply that experience, Like it makes it a little bit easier, like oh nope, been there before or not doing that one. But trust me, you have to. You have to in my case, be a part of drafting a buyer beware and oh, by the way, that buyer beware.
Speaker 3: Biting you in the ass to go. You know what?
Speaker 2: That reliable starter just seems so refreshing.
Speaker 1: Okay, But so I would say your wife would probably say Christy would probably say that you if I had to put you in a category.
Speaker 4: So there's a new category which is called reliable changer.
Speaker 1: So I'm taking math changer category and I'm combining it with reliable starter because to me, you are, in fact a math changer, like everything that you've done throughout your life, where you are, you know, your brain, the way that you think, what you've done with the Los Angeles Rams, So you're a math changer, but you also from everything I know of you. You are incredibly reliable. And I've said it, you know, as we've been talking for however long we've been talking for that you're very level You're very level headed, and you you're logical, You're a thinker, and to me that makes you very reliable. So I would like for you to add for me on my board reliable changer category.
Speaker 3: Will do it.
Speaker 1: I mean, I know it's shooting for the stars, but you well, I actually look.
Speaker 2: At me as I'm going down to the for five, I'm going downder our bucket six, which really is like it's a bucket that kind of says you're less talented, but more alliable, more over achiever. And I've actually always thought I'm more I'm I'm not one, two three, I'm down. But anything about those type of guys, it could be like Pooka and Nakup. You know what I mean, there's there's something that I call it, something intangibly that's gonna be you know what, we're gonna We're gonna make it. But I appreciate the compliment that I have some math changing you do.
Speaker 1: And I said that you were incredibly humble and and you just proved to me correct, So there you go.
Speaker 4: All right, So we're going to do a board.
Speaker 1: You know, we can set up all these different sort of categories for me, but I'm the one who has to essentially recognize with others help that that person is in the buyer beware category and instead of running towards it, like I have my entire life, I'm gonna the minute they go in that category.
Speaker 3: There there going to give you perspective though. Yeah, day you can forgive yourself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like I grew up in a small town about twelve thousand in Alabama.
Speaker 3: And oh, by the way, if I could have.
Speaker 2: Been on nine oh two one oh instead of stuck in that town, oh I would have chased some deathly chased.
Speaker 3: Some buyer bewares, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: So I've just giving you perspective that you know what to get it.
Speaker 3: Probably a good run.
Speaker 1: I understand, But you know, okay, I was gonna I think, you know, I.
Speaker 2: Think people tell us yeah, but.
Speaker 1: That was my particular destiny, right, just like what you're doing is your particular destiny. I do believe that we all have a destiny. And yes, you know, God gives us as humans free will, so we we are capable bull of making the correct or the wrong decision to take.
Speaker 3: Us off that path.
Speaker 1: You know, my path was sort of wrapped up with my parents and us moving here and just going to church and getting discovered doing plays at church. Like that path was set for me when I was very, very very young, versus you know, dating, starting to date it like eighteen ish and just loving the buyer beware category, just loving those bad boys, loving that, you know, loving the chase, loving the complexity of it.
Speaker 2: Here's a good one going now take who they are? Really out of it so I only know their characters, but go to the Little House on the Prairie. Michael Landon, what was the character people? He was the dead he was the dad. I mean, is he is he reliable starter? I know he's not buyer beware. He seems like he's reliable starter. Like that's he's math changing.
Speaker 3: That's that's what I thought.
Speaker 2: That's your Yeah, that's your your category became reliable changer. Yeah, like he's yeah, there was no buyer beware, no, at least in his character.
Speaker 4: And my dad, by the way, was reliable changer. It's funny.
Speaker 1: It's not like I, you know, had men around me when I when I was young that were in the buyer beware category, so that that's what I grew up associating with and thinking like, oh that's the normal, right, It's quite the opposite, Like the men when I was younger in my life were you know, people that you look up to that that became your mentors. I mean it probably like fell into a very bad relationship when I was like eighteen nineteen years old, and maybe that just sort of set me going off. Maybe it's because you know, my dad was really really sick, So I didn't want to choose from three life viable, change your category because a reliable changer might might look at me and say you're you're the buyer beware category.
Speaker 4: In that sham.
Speaker 2: Awareness is the key, yeah, I know.
Speaker 4: So maybe they would leave me.
Speaker 1: And because I was already facing you know, my father and him his health and feeling like he was going to leave me through death, that I went with what was a little bit safer to protect my heart.
Speaker 4: But the point is is, I does.
Speaker 3: Your heart still get broken in the end.
Speaker 1: Not that badly, not that badly, like maybe one or two, Like I think, even like I had a really good boyfriend I was in my twenties. His name was Rob Wise, and we were together for seven years and he was phenomenal. I don't he was definitely not in the buyer beware category. He's probably like reliable changer category in that really.
Speaker 3: Ship, what what was you doing?
Speaker 4: I was too young?
Speaker 3: But what were you? What?
Speaker 2: Television?
Speaker 1: I think it was towards the and I know it was during charms, but it might have crossed over in a sum of nine O O as well.
Speaker 4: It was, Oh, it was, it was actually is when I met him.
Speaker 2: I think was he in the business as well? Yes, that's all I was wondering it would I can easily see in the analogy or metaphor whatever the heck we're doing here, I can easily see the let's call it the reliable start of being like intimidating that, Oh, I'm dating one of your I'm dating Brenda Wall. I mean that's and I'm just I don't know, I'm just an accountant. Yeah, but I'm a good accountant, right, But that's intimidating. Yeah, you're probably intimidating if you'd have been an accountant.
Speaker 4: Probably, yeah, probably that's just my person.
Speaker 2: You've probably be in a hell of an accountant, a hell of a CFO. The budget would have been met.
Speaker 4: That's that's very true.
Speaker 1: So I have had a few, you know, even my second husband, who is one hundred percent in the buyer it's not he he wasn't even buyer.
Speaker 4: Beware, he was in the like do not go there.
Speaker 3: You do have a category like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like he was in that category off the board, like I adore him, like still to this day, I don't regret that marriage.
Speaker 4: I don't regret knowing him.
Speaker 1: I'm still friends with him, Rick, I still like we laugh hysterically together. He's one of the funniest human beings I've ever met. But then all the others, I'm like, oh God, like why why did I do this?
Speaker 4: So self awareness, I get it.
Speaker 1: Reliable starter is probably the category I should be looking in. I don't know, but I in a reliable changer.
Speaker 2: I think I don't know if you can. And again I don't whoever's listening, if you're an accountant, that's I'm not knocking. We're just trying to use an analogy. But what I do know is I do think you you're if you're drafting, you should draft a reliable changer. Like you, I don't know if you can you need a math changer because you're a math changer. So I do often say that, but if you're a math changer, you probably need a math changer, and with that there's probably gonna be some frictional moments. But I do think I do think that would be best knowing. So I like your new calibery changer. That's reliable.
Speaker 4: Right, So now it's like, how do you like?
Speaker 1: Now we have to figure out how we're going to start drafting, because you know, I'm a homebody.
Speaker 4: I don't like leaving my house. I'm the girl.
Speaker 1: Who Now they're apps for this, a dating app seems where and I don't have.
Speaker 2: Them social media so never Yeah, I've.
Speaker 3: Seen my friends swiping. I'm like, this is how it gets done these days.
Speaker 1: I was feel so uncomfortable with that. Basically, I think I just have to listen to I have to rely on other people to set me up because well, Christy tried to set me up, but it was too soon after my separation.
Speaker 4: I wasn't really ready for it. But yeah, I think I've gotta can.
Speaker 2: You imagine just let's just go back a reliable starter swiping y'all meet and he's like, holy shit, this is Shannon Dorry, Like that's wonder how that first dake goes. I say, I don't think I thought I was going to meet a contributor. I've met a math change.
Speaker 1: I love these categories. I'm writing this down a contributor. Wow, I like that one.
Speaker 4: I yeah, that's.
Speaker 1: Why I'm not gonna I'm there's apparently there's other apps that are more targeted towards people like high up in their businesses, CEOs and actors or producers, farmers, farmers like but by the way, you know, yeah, farmers. Whenever I go to the South, I like, I just need to marry a good Southern man and I'll be fine, Like that's the way to go. And there's some that, you know, the things that they're doing and and and with agriculture, So yeah, farmers like any of them. But there are those special apps, but it just doesn't feel like a very I'm too old for apps.
Speaker 3: I'm just going to eliminate the apps.
Speaker 4: I'm too old for apps. And then there's also and one of the things that I seems.
Speaker 3: Like that wouldn't be fun anyway.
Speaker 1: There's an element of right Like, what about the excitement of just walking in a room and there's that spark that's that there's that palpable electricity between two people. That's more when I that's the experience I want.
Speaker 3: Wait, we just well you're a homebody. So but you know what's need in this go by?
Speaker 4: People are going to have to bring them to me.
Speaker 2: How you get in the categories too. What's interesting in football is every football player doesn't fit every team. Like there's schemes that teams run where a player could be good in this scheme but not good in hours based on their skill sets.
Speaker 3: Right, they just are not.
Speaker 2: All good football. It's more like a square and a rectangle on a square. But end of the day, that's that's how you get on our board, Right, how do you help the rams? And we have these and we need these skill sets. So that's kind of what you're you're going through now. And all coaches have to go through that because what they did last year isn't going to be good enough this year or next year. So you're always evolving. So that's kind of what you're you're going through now. You your schemes evolving. We've got to figure out what the critical factors are right, and one of them is obviously not meeting on an app.
Speaker 4: Definitely not.
Speaker 1: There's also the thought that I've had that I said something on one of my podcasts, on one of the episodes where I said that, you know, if my protocol worked for a long time, I would like to adopt. And somebody on my social media made a comment and said, what a you know, selfish human being that she would adopt a child when even if her protocol is working, she's probably going to be dead in five years, And I was like ouch. But it's definitely the thought process that also goes through my brain as far as meeting and dating someone, because I'm like, God, who really wants to get involved with the stage four terminal cancer girl? Except the buyer beware category?
Speaker 3: How you do? I would disagree?
Speaker 4: Really.
Speaker 2: Now, obviously we're talking about you're going to pick someone that fits your scheme. But your scheme in this case, right is we've eliminated a lot of people. But based on probably age, here's the neat thing about you.
Speaker 4: If you have to find a ninety eight year old and I'm going.
Speaker 2: To laugh interesting with that? Would that could be a math changer, like technically bank account math changer. But I'm not going there for me, but that could be. I mean, money's math, they sell spreadsheet. It's but point where I know that's not a scheme fit. But the here's probably what you have going for you, which is neat is if someone did get involved with you, they would come into it knowing even if you weren't Shennon Doherty and you probably could Google and that's one of the first things that comes up, right, your health adversity. But you would probably tell them at some point, right, So that the neat thing is I truly think we can find reliable changer. You sound like an assistant coach, right, and that's talking the GM and the Hey, you know, let's take this buyer. I can you know what I mean? But I know you're not. You're saying You're actually saying this is the only thing that we can settle for. So in a draft. Now, okay, it's gonna be a little tougher to find this scheme fit. So we may have to trade up, right, we may have to trade up and work to make this decision work. But I still think we can find the reliable change. It's gonna take a little work.
Speaker 1: It's gonna take. It's gonna take a lot of work. And I'm really counting on you less. So you're gonna be in charge of that. And I know that you have a busy season. You're you're right in it.
Speaker 2: What we are going to do is what we're going to partner together is we're not going to marry a buyer.
Speaker 1: Beware, marriage is like off the table for me unless it's a reliable.
Speaker 3: So we're reliable change.
Speaker 4: Yes, for sure.
Speaker 3: I don't know what I'm signing up for. That could get tough, but we'll see.
Speaker 1: I mean, if look at what you do with the rams, you can listen. I had to call in somebody to help, and I just looked at your record and went, that's the man for it.
Speaker 4: So I'm putting my level life into your hands. Good luck with it. Less.
Speaker 2: My wife Carrie would tell you that would be what not to do, what not to do.
Speaker 3: Don't put him in charge.
Speaker 1: Of You're in charge, and you know what, it's really good practice for you. I'm actually doing you a favor because you're gonna have to do this with your daughter, like as she gets older, she may be dating now, but like we said, she's probably, like you said, she's probably not quite in that.
Speaker 3: Okay, here we go.
Speaker 2: So but she's head over heels for a buyer.
Speaker 3: Beware, you've been a daughter. What does a dad do? Like I? We have we Actually it's pretty cool. We have a.
Speaker 2: Team psychologists that helps our players get through stressful times on the field off the field. And I've definitely chatted with her like, Okay, this is what my daughter has done.
Speaker 3: This was my response.
Speaker 2: I know that's exactly what not to do. How do I clean up this mess? So?
Speaker 1: I mean, and I know your daughter and she's she's a good girl, and she's got her head on straight. You know, we're girls, and we stumble on occasion, and she will. She'll probably have a few stumbles in life. But I can only tell you what my dad did with me, and I would say that my father was the best dad ever. Because if you're capable of being your daughter's best friend, if your daughter feels like you're her best friend, meaning she can come to you no matter how bad something is, she still can come to you and have a conversation and feel safe with you. You may get upset, but she knows you're always going to be there, you're always going to love her and you're probably going to help her get out of the situation. That's being the best father and the best friend to your daughter. And I think, yeah, it didn't really matter what I did. I always felt like I could go to my dad and talk to him about it. And because of that with him, people think, you know, some of the stuff I did when I was hearing was bad, it was nothing compared to what it would have been if I didn't have a father like that. And even though i'm you know, obviously I adore and I love my mother and I respect her, and she's, you know, a hero to me. Now, back then I was much closer to my dad, just because my mom was a disciplinarian and it was nice to have that combo, you know, somebody who really put restrictions on me, and then the other flip side. But for father and daughter, you can be firm and say, listen, just you know, this is a big mistake. Don't make this mistake. But I'm still going to be here for you, and I'm still going to love you, and I'm always going to have enough money to bail you out of jail.
Speaker 3: You're good, Maybe a night in jails.
Speaker 4: Good for you sometimes.
Speaker 1: All right, I'm not going to hold you up anymore because I want you to go make my board and start on my future. And you know, because you have busy stuff to do with the rams, but less Thanks, enjoyed it. Yeah, this was a lot of fun.
Speaker 3: Had a blast, all right.
Speaker 4: Cool, Thanks for listening to you guys, See you next time. Bye mm hmm.