Speaker 1: Welcome to another episode of bust On Boys. This episode two oh three, two oh three, we had a little we had a little hiccup before we get into the episode.
Speaker 2: And this episode is all about the boy. No, this episode's about the boy. We had a good episode episode. We had a great episode.
Speaker 3: It was nice.
Speaker 2: It felt good, It was really nice. It was it was nice.
Speaker 3: Should we have to read this out again?
Speaker 2: Yeah, go ahead, listen. This is the whole season's over.
Speaker 3: But it's not gonna mean we're gonna stop rooting for our favorite team. And our favorite team is Cheffy and it's best player, it's franchise player. The Silverado a truck with unstoppable grit and determination. According to JD Power, Chevy trucks have earned more New Vehicle awards than any other brand, and that is some serious hardware. Head over to Chevy dot com to learn more. Silverado as strong and appendable as people who drive them. For JD Power twenty twenty and two US award information, visit jdpower dot com slash Awards.
Speaker 4: The Chevy Silverado had a number, it'd be seventy seven.
Speaker 3: Seventy seven. There was a video that our boy Jack McPherson made for me. Jack, let's give Jack a reno pause that was.
Speaker 5: This is this isn't about me today.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you Jack.
Speaker 3: That's very Let's give Taylor that's very humble.
Speaker 2: Thank you guys.
Speaker 1: I do appreciate watching. Make sure you subscribed all that fun stuff. Taylor the nine year run in Tennessee. Yeah, as officially comed, come, came, came, come to a coming, came, I finished coming.
Speaker 4: Uh you just got the news like an hour or two ago.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but I mean, well it happened an hour or two.
Speaker 2: It happened an hour.
Speaker 3: How long have you known? We've known that it's gonna happen this week since Cabo. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And which way, that was a nice moment we shared it.
Speaker 3: That was a nice one.
Speaker 2: That was like, got some good tears. How you feeling right now?
Speaker 3: A little uncomfortable because we're on the bus and all the boys are back here, and you don't want to like, uh, I don't know. I guess I don't want to get emotion. But I was like, I mean yesterday when I when it was I was supposed to get cut Friday and then and then I got moved to today. So when I found out yesterday that was happening. I was I was really upset and I was sad, and then I had a conversation with my wife last night, and today I woke up happy. Like there's a lot of things in the last three years that I wish I could change. I wish I didn't have an ACL, I wish there wasn't a PD and all that stuff. But at the end of it, like, I'm extremely proud of the career that I've have with the Titans, and I am extremely grateful for being a part of the Tennessee Titans for as long as I have and being in being able to be a part of the Titans when the Titans were shit that the stadium was a quarter full, and we're two and fourteen, and now you know, we're getting We're getting there, We're getting we're getting full, but not quite one hundred percent in full. And the Titans are in a much better position than when I first got there. So I'm extremely proud and and to be honest, I feel I feel free really in a weird way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I went, uh, why do.
Speaker 3: You think you feel free? Like, what do you think?
Speaker 1: First?
Speaker 3: Through my life, I haven't had the I haven't had my name tied to anything besides the bus, but like there is not an expectation on me to play football or to be ready to play football, or if if it was, you know, being a catch of shadows being ready for that football season or Chaparo High School or Michigan and now and then the Tennessee Titans. Like there's even when we were in Cabo, there was a piece of me and it's like should I be doing something? Should I be? And then when I walked out of the building today, like hello to everybody, talk to all the guys that I've been around for a long time. There's a lot of guys that have been in the building for a long time and I've gotten to know really well. And after those good byes, I kind of walked down and I was like, this is it's a refreshing feeling in a weird in a weird way, like the morning process has happened since I got hurt week two of the season, because when I had to go get sergery, I went to Rabel's office and I said, I know I'm gonna get cut.
Speaker 2: Understand, Like that is how this is going to work.
Speaker 3: So that the morning process has been since the fall, and now that it's happened. I I really just thought like they were gonna put me down, They're gonna shoot me or something, and it was gonna be over. But really, like I walked in there and Rabel and I were talking about Jen and her foot when she they first came to Tennessee and and then Ran came in and shook his hand and kind of just sat there for saying, I go, so, how does this go? And I like, do you guys put it? Like kill me right? What's the deal? And they're just like they're like, yeah, we just gotta you know, you know, we're releasing you and blah bla blah. And I was like, yeah, I know, so is that it? And then that was kind of at the end of the conversation. It was there was a question of whether or not I, you know, they would not have to go into all the conversation. But the answer is I got cut and now I just got to figure out what to do. Do you know what you want to do right now? I want to get my knee healthy. That's what I want to do because man, ever, instead first surgery, I've had a lot of it's been a frustrating experience. So I want to get that thing back to neutral, recharge the batteries, yeah, and figure out where we're at. I would assume the phone will be buzzing for the agent.
Speaker 1: I mean yeah, literally, it's the transaction doesn't happen until what like three pm.
Speaker 3: Three pm today, So by three pm tomorrow I should Oh, I guess.
Speaker 4: I'm sure you'll be fielding about thirty one other calls.
Speaker 3: No, maybe thirty two, No, thirty thirty. You know, forty nine ers they got themselves a left tackle. Yeah, forty nine ers got themselves a stud.
Speaker 1: But I'm sure everybody you know, you'll be a hot commodity. You'll be a hot little talk.
Speaker 2: Taylor and I were last night.
Speaker 3: We have pulled up all thirty two teams and I was like, no, no, yes, no, maybe like kind of going throughout the teams were a few yeses.
Speaker 2: Top three Yeah, because we.
Speaker 4: Remember we've talked about it before in the pod.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my top three's changed?
Speaker 2: Has it?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Does this still include me? Yes? I'm just kidding. This isn't about me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, what's the three?
Speaker 3: I want to stay close to Tennessee. I want to be in like the same region Atlanta. So Jacksonville, Indianapolis or Houston.
Speaker 4: You want to stay in the division, you want to stay.
Speaker 3: In the choices, That's where I want to go.
Speaker 2: So nothing but love for Tennessee. Yeah, there's that, dude.
Speaker 3: I got some pringles on this shoulder right now, Dude, Jacksonville, what's up? Did you guys seem like you've been playing pretty well?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: No, I don't want to go well, those are the three teams that are for sure knows.
Speaker 4: That for sure knows I hang on now.
Speaker 3: No, I would not go play for an AFC South team three.
Speaker 4: For sixty No, twenty million year?
Speaker 2: What are we talking about, dude.
Speaker 3: Bro, I'll make that on the bus.
Speaker 1: I'm good, okay, Yeah, there must be something I'm not seeing then, Yeah, you didn't see.
Speaker 2: No, you didn't hear.
Speaker 6: About Jevy the most great? Yeah, determined, reliable. Are you going to say a few.
Speaker 3: No, I'm not going to say no, no, no, I'm not gonna say now.
Speaker 2: Get year off.
Speaker 7: I don't want to.
Speaker 2: I don't want the b before I'll tell the boys. I don't want to tell these these tears.
Speaker 8: I'm sorry, I can't everything, but what I'm saying is we've told team.
Speaker 3: And I'll say yes or now because I don't want to Atlanta. No, because Jake Matthews is there. I respect Jake Matthews. I think his contracts come to an end.
Speaker 1: Yes, Atlanta, man, let's just play around here.
Speaker 4: I'm trying to think of to these teams without left tackles. Dealers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was gonna do a whole thing with Jersey Jerry.
Speaker 9: But Eagles no, oh yes, yes, no, oh azy, No, stay to seem like yes, the Saints so potential winners.
Speaker 3: I know the Bengals need a left tackle. Bengals. I know the Bengals need to left tackle. I know the Bengals need to left tackle. I'll put some wait on for the boys. A little thing's bouncing in there. Those are that's a good it's a good amount of team. But I don't want to turn this into like where am I going to go play next? Like, let's give fucking leave that to me. Let's the body.
Speaker 2: Yeah you can do that. Let the body get cold with the Titans.
Speaker 3: Fans first, dude, But it was it's been an amazing nine years and I do appreciate you guys so much. It's been what.
Speaker 1: Were some of the What are some of the fondest memories outside of finding your best friend.
Speaker 3: The Pro Bowls that in twenty nineteen twenty nineteen playoff run, everything was going right, dude. Like it truly was flow state like group, flow state group too, Like, yeah.
Speaker 4: Everybody was just like everyone when we.
Speaker 1: Had it back after we didn't even make the playoffs and you had all the boys, like everybody basically came over every day down in the basement in nad and.
Speaker 3: Yeah and stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, boys, like all the hogs were getting ready, like, oh, we gotta you know, we gotta get Derek because you guys are rolling like the running game was just yeah, it.
Speaker 3: Was fucking going crazy, bro. Now we are really we really believed we were gonna beat Kansas City every single time we played them. It was so weird because they were so good. Yeah, but we always like beat them, except for like that game last year year before. Yeah no, but it seemed like that playing Jacksonville at home, Derek would always go for like two thirty, like Derek's ninety nine yard run just like us. We called that too, Like we literally sat there in the huddle and a QB sneak checked with thirteen duo is the play. It's a gap scheme play and he checked it. But before the playoff, I do what if we go for ninety nine yards in one play? And then Derek fucking did It was like the coolest thing ever. Yeah, it was so sick. So I don't know if it was awesome being around the boys. We had the best locker room. We had. We had the best O line locker room in the league. And I've only been in one place, but people would leave and come back. People would leave and call us be like, damn, you guys really have the best room. Guys would come here and I've been at five other rooms and it's not like this, Like that was awesome, And I think, I mean I might be wrong, but I think they're cutting Ben Jones today too, So that locker rooms ton.
Speaker 4: Yeah, definitely got you established offensive line.
Speaker 3: Yeah you still got Ruse and Corey and Dylan. Those guys are gonna do a good job of like keeping the vibes of the room together and stuff like that. But yeah, it's just different. It seems like the Titans are gonna be uh in a unique position, especially the off the line category. To find out what's gonna happen.
Speaker 1: There, figure got to spend some money and draft and all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah see what about Uh what about the fans? What about them? In years with the fans?
Speaker 2: What about them?
Speaker 3: No, the fans are I mean.
Speaker 8: Mostly ups outside of the boo Yeah yeah, no, no, no, I would say like it's a it's an over normally positive like things have been.
Speaker 3: Like I'm not always gonna be everyone's cup of tea.
Speaker 9: Like I.
Speaker 3: People want the offensive tackle that's going to just be seen not heard type vibes, and I respect that one hundred percent, but like it. Uh, I think I've said this a whole bunch of I don't think I could have gone to any other franchise and had the success on the field because how I was able to be on and off the field to allow just a loot of me, allow me to be myself.
Speaker 2: And I think Tennessee let me have that.
Speaker 3: So definitely feel like it was just open arms the entire time, and it was absolutely incredible. I loved I loved every bit of being a part of this franchise. And you know, guys leave like when you came from the Redskins and racked on Hey, I didn't like that here, Like it's not it's not a big media franchise, it's not you know, the city isn't like overwhelmed with Titan pride, but like it's grown every single year. And that's like it was really cool to be a part of because it was non existent when I first got here, and you know, you feel like you're part of you were a part of that in some sort of way, like you feel like you were up of making that happen and like bringing like the kind of vibe that the Tennessee Titans representing that Like I feel like I was a big piece in that. And so I'm I'm extremely grateful, extremely but and in a weird way, like I feel really happy right now. I'm just happy that I was in a relationship and I'm I left that relationship better than the way I found it, And that is I think the most important thing is that I put something. I was brought somewhere to do a task, and I did my task well enough to where to help change your franchise.
Speaker 2: And that is something that I'm extremely proud of.
Speaker 4: You should be man. Nine years on one team.
Speaker 3: That's that's cool. That's really cool.
Speaker 8: I mean it's like the one percent of the one percent of the way, so I remember we were. It's just crazy. It's it's wild.
Speaker 3: And to think about playing for another team like it looked he's exciting. Like I've said, like I only want to play for one team and stuff like that. But like the if I still have the juice and I can get my kne to feel the way I think it should, where I feel confident enough to go play football, then if then I have no issue going to play somewhere else. What a you saying that now?
Speaker 1: What new awareness do you feel like you have and being able to say that now because probably a year ago, I know when I listened to that the radio segment that was taken very well by everybody, and everybody's like, you know, loyal to the soil, I want to play for one jr Or one color and all that kind of stuff. What new awareness do you think you found to make you say like I'm excited to play for somebody else or like getting the knee, you know, YEA, having.
Speaker 3: The opportunity to play for somebody else is what I'm most excited for, Like seeing who else out there wants me and respects my game and well enough to call and say this is what we'll pay you to play a position that we've seen your product and we know you're good at. And so that's a that's a great feeling, uh, the loyal Like I'm still loyal. I'm still like if I let's say, I do go play somewhere else, cut you open, it's two tone blue. Yeah that's what it is. Yeah, I'm looking type of guy. So like that has not changed at all. It is just one of those things where the relationship is over and I could, you know, I could go and sulk and be upset and just call it quits, or I can call it quits and be happy, or I can go play and be happy. But like, though, though that first option is not an option for me. I don't I don't want to sit there and dwell and dwell and worry and and and think like all the whole the whole world's ending. And the reality is there's gonna be multiple teams out there that want my services. Yeah, and I'm good enough to do that. So that's like that's an awesome feeling.
Speaker 1: Should be you know, It's like it's weird because just Tennessee, I know I know, like I'm sitting here, it's like sinking in a little bit more.
Speaker 4: I'm like, damn, Like it's fucking like what a run.
Speaker 3: I know because we were sitting there in Cabo when we were talking about it and how it was like we're just trying to figure out how I feel, because I would tell you like I'm sad, but I'm also like not as sad as I thought i'd be, like all these other things, and it's like, yeah, I'm bummed out it's over, but like I've mourned it and it's just it's just done. And so like instead of like it's the cliche line of like smile because it happened, don't cry because it's a vert type thing. Yeah, and so like it's I'm super I'm extremely grateful, extremely grateful.
Speaker 1: It's like the analogy too, like when change happens, like anxiety builds and you've done this and know where it is. It's like, you know, the analogy of the lights being off and you're trying to find your way boys and lights come on. You see everything that happen. You're like, Okay, it's not near as bad as I was thinking it's going to.
Speaker 3: Be right, Like this is allowed me to zoom out even further, Like when you get hurt, like you're able to zoom out and kind of see the team more as a whole, except for like your own of an individual self or if you're even able to the whole the whole entire group you're playing with. When you get hurt, you can see the whole team. And now I can see kind of everything's just more clear. And I never once was like, oh no, the Titans loved me so much, they're not going to cut me, like we understood. We've understood that for a long long time. But you can't love the franchise because the franchise is going to fuck you eventually. Yeah, I can't. Right, that's for the game, obviously, that's for the But I always, I will always love the Satsty Titan franchise, and I always I could be so grateful. But I don't know. I don't know if I'm in a play or not. I just know that I'm excited to see the opportunities I would have if I were to play healthy and get money healthy. But yeah, other than that, I don't know, if you guys, if you guys have any questions.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna Garrett a being being like, you know.
Speaker 7: Titan guys, Titans like one of the boys about a decade.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I mean, I feel like I've known Taylor for a decade, but I've only known him for like three years, and I think it's cool to see someone who's progressed our franchise in like such a positive direction.
Speaker 5: The first two years Taylor was here.
Speaker 10: We won a total of five games, and before that it wasn't much better.
Speaker 5: I mean, the best we could get was maybe an eight and.
Speaker 10: Eight season, and at that point in our lives, we were content with eight and eight. You and a handful of others and coaches alike, took this franchise from being a low level market team with not much promise to being a notworthy Sunday night Monday night football team, a team that people wanted to see that they gathered around. We were kind of like the underdog, but we had something to prove. It's just crazy that over the last nine years you've been here. Like I said, it's like I knew you for so much longer before I actually knew you. Then to get to know you as like a friend and like a boss, and like even like a mentor. It's it's been an honor because people for so long like had the wrong idea about you.
Speaker 5: I feel like and you.
Speaker 10: Gave off that that energy first the first few years. But like, I'll die on the hill against anybody you know, defending you because you're like one of the best guys.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 10: You've taken the city to new heights. You made the O line position cool, and that's a fact. I hope that I see nothing but overwhelmingly positive stuff on socials and in life. I've already gotten a handful of text My brother in law wants to congratulate you too. I know you've never maybe met him once. You've made an impact on the city. Truly, they will take a long long time to replace. And I'm super proud of like where you've gone and what's to come, whether it's football or something else. But it's truly been a pleasure seeing you as a fan and then growing to be a close friend.
Speaker 5: So thank you man, it's been.
Speaker 3: Thank you Jack.
Speaker 11: I can't follow that a lot of those same emotions for sure. Again, just like I don't even know how old I was like when we first drafted you, and then now it's just like it was like a weird full circle thing of yeah, rooting for you, working with you, friendships, and it's just like, I don't know, it's cool. I've never gotten to like see a friend hit a point like this in their career where it's like, uh, I don't know, like you get to say like you did it, like you fucking reached your goal, like you did it. It's fucking awesome to see from like an inside circle. So just yeah, like proud of you, dude.
Speaker 3: Appreciate that. Yeah, super nice. Can we get a moment of silence?
Speaker 2: Tailowan? Are you leave?
Speaker 4: The greatest left tackle in Titans history?
Speaker 3: Thank you?
Speaker 2: Is uh? Is Taylor dead?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 2: I'm back.
Speaker 3: I'm back, dude, I'm fucking back again.
Speaker 2: I'm back. We get more alive than ever. We get to bring back all right, Taylor?
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, dude, please don't do that. Please don't do that again. They got it away, think got it faded away for a little bit, alright, Tayloran. So, I mean, I I would love to sit here and just basking my greatness for then another twenty five minutes. But I feel like, thank you so much, Jack Garrett, all the boys back there that have supported. I know you guys didn't grow up Titans fans, but it was really cool hearing from the two of you. I've already given you the flyers you deserve. I've already given those're my best friend.
Speaker 1: We're the boys, man a universal shout out, no fore shout out this for this episode.
Speaker 4: Taylor Lawan, all right, fair enough, god tear shout out?
Speaker 10: Man?
Speaker 3: Thanks? Boys? Are we doing a shout out? No free shout out before the Max Homa podcast tear talk?
Speaker 1: I think we need to figure out a tear talk.
Speaker 7: Hey, best Tai moments, Yeah, let's get We'll let Taylor go first, and that way we can get all of ours stepperly so he can't play off.
Speaker 12: My favorite moments of me. Let me give you your favorite moments of my career, your career as a Titan. All right, let me think about this.
Speaker 2: For sure. All right, break it is just bust.
Speaker 5: It's whatever you wanted to be.
Speaker 2: I feel like if it's not, it's a good cycle.
Speaker 6: You guys actually like, I'm dead favorite tailor of the one moment.
Speaker 3: Story about yeah yeah, that was a force moment for her.
Speaker 4: These are gonna be around him being tight and yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, we we did that part.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 3: Hap the other time I found a picture.
Speaker 4: I haven't heard and you saw her in the same the Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's the first jelly Roll podcast. Fair, this is all right? Tier three would be, oh, you're doing it? I mean, I guess, so I'm just gonna do mine so I can get it over with. I don't want to do mine, all right.
Speaker 1: The tier talk this week is favorite Taylor Lewan Tennessee Titan moments to start it off, will be the man himself, Taylor Lewan.
Speaker 3: All right, My Tier three is going to be Derek's ninety nine yard run.
Speaker 2: Nah, all right? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Tier three, yeah, that would be nine year run, Tier two Pro Bowls, and then Tier three or Tier one would be Derek's two thousand yard season.
Speaker 4: All right, off your knees for Derek. Hey, listen one of them, coach brother.
Speaker 3: No, I'm not ready. I'm not ready.
Speaker 2: Are you guys ready?
Speaker 11: I'd say for me, Tier three is gonna be when you got Richard Sherman's face. That just was kind of like a tone setter, and it kind of told everybody like, you know, don't fuck with Taylor type thing, which I always appreciate that here Two is gonna be Derek's ninety nine just because I hearing you say they y'all call it that. That's a cool moment for you personally. And then one is gonna be you flipping off the skycam.
Speaker 2: Damn Yeah, that's a goe.
Speaker 10: My honorable mention, which might not be on par but it was when we went to Pensacola and for anyone who doesn't know that, that was when you tore your first c CL but me and Gary.
Speaker 5: Went down there for the week with you all.
Speaker 10: I feel like that was the first time we like all really started kicking it and it was like boss friend so shout out in Scola. Three probably Richard Sherman, especially because back then with Mariota, he was kind of our golden boy and you stood out for him. That was that was epic skycam to really showed who you were, didn't give a fuck, but it was funny. Number one's gotta be Josh Norman. It was to me, not only for your personal brand, but one of the most iconic Titans moments in the last twenty years. When I watch it on that video, it gets me so high because you're so nonchalant, you throw the arrow and he comes over trying to like throw hands and you just turn around and he's still trying to jab at you and you're just kind of walking off like sorry, And then he ended up getting got again by Derek.
Speaker 5: I think the next season that would be my my top three.
Speaker 1: Just Josh Sam, we're just taking strays, got it again in.
Speaker 3: The next er. Yeah, he's on the bills, all right. I think Williams the last one to go.
Speaker 2: No, you guys gotta go.
Speaker 13: My Tier three is probably gonna be Josh Norman for sure. That that moment. The first time I started working for the podcast, I remember googling for YouTube in your name and that clip just came up and I was just watching over. I was like, oh damn, this is crazy. So that would be Tier three for me. Tier two would be the skycam the flip off. I just thought that was an epic moment. I don't think anybody has even remotely come close to doing something like that. And then Tier one would be watching YouTube play against each other live and uh, that brief interaction y'all had on the Bowl.
Speaker 3: So the NFL busting Bowl, Yeah yeah, Raiders, Raiders.
Speaker 14: So I'm obviously not as big I haven't been around as long as all these guys have, but my Tier three would probably be that that that NFL Films clip of you talking of Rabel and what's the game plan there?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so that's my tier three.
Speaker 14: Tier two is the Josh Norman and tier one, uh is when you were going round to the refs, point at you ruined it, You.
Speaker 4: Ruined its party going last.
Speaker 3: What was your Tier two? Just okay here?
Speaker 2: Three for me probably Miami when he got knocked out. Fuck zer.
Speaker 15: Three is probably the Richard Sherman, Tier two Josh Norman, and tier one is.
Speaker 2: The the refs.
Speaker 15: The ref clip is like something that's going to be posted forever because nobody will probably ever do it again, and like it takes, I don't know, it's like special to have something that can live forever, and that's one of them.
Speaker 3: I'm glad that most game clip. Oh Josh, fuck, I thought Will was gonna do all the times I got.
Speaker 1: Hurt, I know, in low key, always wanting to do a funny one by being in Miami when you got knocked out and you know you were crying, Just come over here, sorry you were there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, m hmm.
Speaker 4: Longest game in NFL history.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to think of like some stuff that might not be out there as much, but it's like it's tough to top all.
Speaker 3: The account of Billy Buddies. Yeah, account of Billy Buddies that's in the Times facility.
Speaker 1: That's a good point. Yeah, he's a really good point. All your boys in the locker room to think I have to think like about all those things. My honorable mention, what do you.
Speaker 3: Got Ah, that's true.
Speaker 1: Yeah, My honorable mention is, uh, when you were Santa Claus.
Speaker 3: And I was playing the Hypeman music.
Speaker 4: With the lose yourself, like when you're talking about milk or some.
Speaker 3: Milk cookies, all my milk, dude, Yeah, my.
Speaker 1: Tier three, My Tier three yugging off the catfish? Does that does that count? Do we get the count yugging off the catfish? I think that's another one that'll that'll be like yeah, yeah, yeah, something that'll always be at anytime the prints are going to the playoffs. So you talk about the catfish like that video will always be played. Tier two accounta bill of Buddies.
Speaker 3: That was awesome.
Speaker 1: You were like, uh, that was the first time you heard We had probably both heard of account of Billy Buddy.
Speaker 2: Maybe maybe not.
Speaker 3: I think that's where account of Billy Buddy started.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's kind of tough because now that's like a personal thing and then like it's like one is what us meeting and growing together over our love for podcasting time. But my tier one is you on the sideline cheering me on as I'm covering a kickoff. Yeah, man, that list is tough because I love the middle finger.
Speaker 2: I love Uh.
Speaker 1: My tier two will be this, actually what I say, account a Bilby take the accounta Bilbuddy off. My tier two is you playing the violin for Jalen Ramsey. I thought Jalen flopping and then you thinking on your feet hitting the violin, solid move, unreal And then yeah, my tier one, I'm gonna hold true with that. You cheered me on on the sideline as I'm covering kickoffs. I know the touchdowns A good one.
Speaker 2: What did I say? Three?
Speaker 4: Was chugging the catfish? Honorable mention.
Speaker 2: You got some good.
Speaker 4: Moments, man, you got some good ones out there, good moments.
Speaker 3: That was cool. Which what are you talking about? Oh no, I didn't know what to do. I had to put my arms up.
Speaker 2: That was before we started, I was like, I was like, I a disk.
Speaker 1: Kept doing the from Miami, like you know, getting knocked out of Miami the first time you tore your CeAl and you're just laying there helplessly. Then you're like getting knocked out in the Bills game. Or is that when you went off on the stretcher. Yeah you say.
Speaker 2: That, like you just do those.
Speaker 4: You had a lot of fucking moments, bro, Yeah it was cool.
Speaker 1: A lot of creators out there can go a lot of ways direction with like Taylor Lewan Tennessee Titan highlights. Yeah, yeah, Jack, you gotta get that one, the five minute one.
Speaker 2: Up for like, uh his highlight.
Speaker 1: You know how dudes have their highlights on YouTube? Oh yeah, yeah, like how people get the highlights.
Speaker 10: I need to make it into a vertical I mean, not vertical, horizontal.
Speaker 3: Right now, this is a good tear talk. I don't know how you felt about it.
Speaker 1: I think it's it's it's it's nice, even though might feel uncomfortable.
Speaker 3: I know you're not listening right now.
Speaker 2: I'm listening.
Speaker 1: Like everybody just talking about you and your flowers and all this stuff.
Speaker 4: But it's well deserved. Like nine years bro, like you deserve all of it.
Speaker 1: I'm Appycire, you deserve all the praise, all the good words, everything, and it does. It's like it's surreal that your time in Tennessee has come to an end.
Speaker 3: It's just fucking just wild. Yeah, it's bound to happen eventually to anybody. Yeah, it's just one of those we talk about it. The things you wish is you could just rewrite the last few years. Yeah, but it has been awesome. It has been a great run. Can you up all the moments last for ever?
Speaker 1: It's like twenty nineteen season, the team, the camaraderie, you hope that continues to go. But even like you know, the Chiefs winning and having the parade the next day, they still got to go in and be like man ell of a year.
Speaker 3: We get to look back on fondly.
Speaker 1: But it's like every every fucking great thing, no matter what, has to come doing in the Patriots, the Patriots and you know you guys kind of ended that.
Speaker 4: I'm meant to go somewhere else. Yeah, yeah, should we talk about Max MoMA, anything else?
Speaker 2: Anything else?
Speaker 3: We're missing Max Homer? No, you're ready to get out of there. No, it's been it's been amazing. I really do appreciate so much. And there's gonna be times where speridment. Man, I wish I just let them talk more. But I feel like you guys have said such incredible things and it's been a it's been amazing. It really has been incredible, and I'm super grateful.
Speaker 1: So it's almost like, what do we do now once when you retire one day? Yeah, running back, but it's crazy you get to have like all these kinds of conversations based around like one team for nine years.
Speaker 3: That's cool. Yeah, yeah, Max Oma, we can we can pivot. Yeah, outstanding individual right got second place this past weekend had him on the bus and at the super Bowl. But the day before that he was on part of My Take and Big Cat was saying he's a bit of a podcast for he.
Speaker 2: Did he did, that's branding.
Speaker 3: That's branding. Yes, he makes.
Speaker 1: Golf, Like I don't watch golf, but I feel like I follow it more now just because Max is in it ten days since he's been on. Yeah, he has fun on social media like he had he like he knows how to make jokes like he does all like I don't know, he makes that shift seem.
Speaker 3: Cool to Yeah, Max, this is one thing on social media where he he rates people's swings and just absolutely murders them. It's the funniest shit in the world.
Speaker 2: Max is hilarious.
Speaker 3: He was great to have on the podcast. I honestly that we get such a blur. I forget what we talked about.
Speaker 2: He was he was delivering some juice.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was delivering some juice.
Speaker 1: Growing up in the game of golf and talking about how you make it, you know, for the younger generations because he's talked about being at the like clubs and stuff like that, and some of the older generation people don't want to have the patience for like the younger kids who are there.
Speaker 2: Trying to learn.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what do I keep looking at Garrett because I'm you know, I know Garrett Garrett is like our golf analyst on this podcast, and uh, I felt Garrett would remember some of this stuff too, But that week was very much a blur with everybody who was coming on.
Speaker 11: He talked a lot about y'all asked him like getting into the game, like who was pivotal for him. He talked about tiger Woods obviously kind of like making golf cool and then yeah, talked about waste management and how he thinks it's important for EGA in general just to get fans in it. He will ask him if golf was a real sport. Yea, yeah, he played into that answer really well.
Speaker 2: He didn't play I think he just answered the question.
Speaker 11: Yay, yeah, huh, very good answer, like fuck, no, it didn't piss.
Speaker 2: It was more of like a start off Garrett the room. Garrett left the room.
Speaker 3: Do you remember that. Yeah, we didn't see him the rest of the day. He had to show back to the next day.
Speaker 2: And then in the driving range. Yeah, yeah, but no, Max was sweet. Yeah, tough, tough l this past weekend, but put a lot of passion on the course. Yeah.
Speaker 11: His post game or post round stuff is special. It just shows like I don't know how hard golf is and yeah, committed here bro.
Speaker 3: He just yeah, he's authentic, authentic. He's got a good mindset to the way he was talking how he used to be compared to now his caddy shout at his fucking caddy, dude, him being there, being able to bitch him out, telling him story, telling us stories about how he was in the course losing his mind and his Caddy basically called him a little pussy and then fucking they went out, went out and won. It's just awesome, dude, it's his best friend. That's fucking rad. Yeah.
Speaker 1: They stuck the other whole time. Yeah, and the biggest takeaway golf. He did say golf is not a real sport.
Speaker 3: I would have waited to let them see that on the episode. But I think that's yeah, but that's for you guys to decide it's golf a real sport or not. Max Holmo says it's not. What do you think? What do you think? Is it a real sport? Yeah? Uh, you know, it's like a leisurely hobby that's me make a lot of money doing. Yeah, you know, I don't like golf. Golf people that have made it.
Speaker 4: But you're gonna have to get out of that box.
Speaker 1: You just digging in and uh, you know.
Speaker 3: Brother, who's got time? Who's got time for three hours just spending a course?
Speaker 2: You do? No?
Speaker 7: No, brother, Yeah no, dude started banging on the on the door.
Speaker 3: That fucking video.
Speaker 2: Oh man. Yeah, but you did they hate on golf.
Speaker 1: I think it's I think it's one of those things you've leaned in on so hard you gotta you stick with it.
Speaker 3: But it's like, I don't know, it gets such undeserved hay bit. I'll go do golf. I want to do a standbager with the boys that uh spit and chick litz. I want to do all that. It'll be fun all golf. I'll try it. I'm not gonna like it. You're gonna like it.
Speaker 11: Golf has a lot of things that you enjoy, though. What's that Garrett, camaraderie, the boys being outside drinking.
Speaker 3: I don't like drinking. Ope? Can I we're gonna go tarps off?
Speaker 2: Absolutely, you can't go.
Speaker 3: I mean maybe in a couple.
Speaker 2: Spots you can go tarps off. Last group of the day.
Speaker 3: Yeah. The thing I don't like is the goddamn collared shirts. You don't have the slacks, you don't have to.
Speaker 2: You look good.
Speaker 3: I don't want to do that, dude. Anyway, this is not about we're getting back to me. I don't know how I fucking diok that again, dude, do that again. I think you guys have enjoyed it, enjoyed this intro, and this is a reminder to you that from now on and till we say we're gonna stop.
Speaker 2: We're doing two.
Speaker 3: Days, two weeks, two weeks, two pods a week, releasing on Tuesday, releasing on Thursday. And drink our whistle pig whiskey, whistle whiskey. Yeah, it's warming up. You know what that means. That means the whiskey's gonna change it a little bit. It's gonna go with you. It's gonna ebbs and flow for seasons. Boys, cool down. You guys have a good one. Subscribe rate five stars. Please blast this thing, blast the comments, Tell a friend, Tell ten friends now, because hey, we don't got money coming in from the NFL anymore. We got we need this more than ever. So for the love of God, please tell a friend and subscribe to this fucking podcast. I love you, big hugs, tiny kisses. Yeah, we were talking about Rob Moujie, my high school buddy.
Speaker 2: He now legend.
Speaker 3: He's been mentioned on this podcast several time. Incredible guy. You know Rob, He's in the Gulf world. But we're talking about, uh, the sectomies. Yeah, so let's let's let's get over that real quick. How many kids do you have? You have one kid?
Speaker 2: How many more kids do you want?
Speaker 3: Damn?
Speaker 2: No more? Than one more.
Speaker 16: Really yeah, I'm not, I think, but I think it's a product of like I grew up in a two kid household, and that my wife she was cool with three because she grew up in a three kid household, but now she's pretty much on two. I could do just one, I think. But I'm also in like the three and a half I mean, you're in the three and a half month grind right now, where it's like it's just getting a little less hard, so I can see like the light at like, oh this is really fun. But so many people I feel like the day you have your kid, you're like it's a gray stay of your life, Like everything's just like gravy from here. And it's like, I think you guys forgot about how hard the month is where you don't sleep like at all, like not like like if you got an hour you're like, oh man, I feel so good, and it's like you I think people forget. But now that you get that over that three month hump, I could see having a second one, but right away people are like.
Speaker 2: Oh man, like you know how many you gonna have? I'm like one one. I'm cool, Like this is impossible. There's a uh.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: Any Sandberg is a comedian and he was on a like a late talk show one time and he was talking about having a kid and as like your your wife is pregnant. One's like, it's a blessing. It's gonna be the greatest day of your life. And then once the kids born, everyone's like welcome to hell. Like they just trick you into like also getting into hell. That dude that first six months, I mean, Willi's coming up, his daughter's about to be a year.
Speaker 2: I got a five year old and already, yeah, I went you were like in my boat for you almost months.
Speaker 3: You get to that six month mark really like the first six months is like keep just keep it alive, like you gotta feed it, poop it, make sure it's like breathing at all times. And then like once you get to six months, that's when like the personality really starts to show. You get the smiles when you walk in the door type thing. But I got a five year old and it's like full blown, like it's my little buddy.
Speaker 2: We're ripping it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we have conversations. She's in a pokemon like it's like a nice little it's a cool deal.
Speaker 16: Yeah, because that's like intro like having similar interests. You do have the pooping thing aligned. I do like to poop.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you are that wi me.
Speaker 16: But I'm saying he all so likes it, like that's our similarity, Like that's our link right now. But the problem is is, like you know, he has someone wipe his own ass for him, and I still have to I have to do both of those things.
Speaker 2: So that's where we're kind of misaligned.
Speaker 16: Is I feel like it's like a it's like for him, it's just straight up forty Yeah, I have to work a little bit.
Speaker 14: You know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, so he hasn't reciproc but you gotta get him another I want to know.
Speaker 16: But like when you're in the beginning of it, man, that's just like the hardest thing to to think about because you're just like, man, what I'm already marty in it. It's just as hard as I could possibly imagine. Then we travel so much, man, it's just like we just did our first lights what was that three weeks ago? And every time I, like we do anything, I'm like, how do people do this with two fucking kids? So it's like I have the backpack with the stroller on. You know that you carry it like the satchel, and I mean lacy. My wife was saying, I almost ran into like one hundred people, and I'm like, well, that's just their problem at this point because I'm overwhelmed, so I can't imagine too. But obviously you get to that point, I'm sure where it's like that it makes more sense than it seems reasonable at this point in time.
Speaker 1: I right now, it's almost like you know you're about to take off. You can get in the bottle, you can kind of like, yeah, I have him on the carrier, but now that rue is like ten months, Like I be honest, she was hell like if we're if we're coming out of training camp, she's getting cut flying down to Austin and flying over to Asy. Now flying to as he wasn't as bad. We got her to sleep down in the seat, but like they're just want to move and do everything else like travel. It's like a few hour flight.
Speaker 16: I'm glad he's still immobile because I was not a fool player.
Speaker 2: I'm not ready to chase something around.
Speaker 16: I walk, Yeah, I can walk fast, but I don't I don't jog a whole whole lot of time. So I'm a little scared for when I I can't find him and he's just running away shitting and pissing and screaming. I'm cool with him in one place. I know when he screams, now, I know exactly where he is. Yeah, scared for the days where he's gonna be like like Ron was telling me yesterday, he's like, you know, they have to obviously, like his kid is a little over a year. I think two years, maybe get two years, and he uh, you know, he's like he's like he's trying to climb out of the crib, and I'm just like, that's the scariest I know. My kid's gonna be right where I left him at all times, so I can.
Speaker 2: I'm cool with that.
Speaker 3: It's a grind, dude, It's an absolute grind to have a kid. But I think he got going for you is I mean, the boy made some bags. Yeah a few weeks ago. That's a nice little deal right there. You keep doing that and no more south last Yeah, yeah, a nice little plane. Just go ahead, and hey, you can cry and run around wherever you want.
Speaker 16: We did do that all the way home from from San Diego, and it was really nice, Like it was really relaxing. I will say, though, to all the parents out there who don't fly as often as I do and they feel bad when their kid like screams on a plane.
Speaker 2: I've been on as many planes as I think like.
Speaker 16: Anybody really has, and at some point I got over it's like they make noise canceling headphones.
Speaker 2: Now, yes, bro, that's all you gotta do. Brought that up yesterday.
Speaker 16: It's a kid like they're gonna scream. I mean maybe when I was like twenty twenty one years old, I was a god. It's annoying. I got the kid behind me, but it's like they got noise can slandfles. I even thought like if I if I was just making crazy, crazy money, I'll just buy everybody noise canceling headphones.
Speaker 4: Just bring bringing back Bay guys.
Speaker 2: You get a headphone. Yeah here you guys go. No complaining now though, Like I'm good, you're good.
Speaker 1: It seems natural though, like I was like it would be internally in my head, I'm like, man, this kid quiet down. But now that you're a parent, you're like, you know the parents going the parents are about way worse than you are because there are parents who are like, man, you want to cue down because you know how everybody else might feel because you were once there at one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, not like actually looking like like people who looking give like faces.
Speaker 2: It's like, yo, fuck you. If you have the face you can go fuck yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 3: If it's like an older woman, it's always the older woman that kind of looks like, what do you what are you doing? Say? Man, you're sitting in the middle seat in Southwest you had to see you thirty. It was gonna be a tough flight for your.
Speaker 16: Regardless disconnect, I do believe this. There's a disconnect because it is more expensive. It's public transportation. It's just a bus in the air. If I was on a bus and someone was screaming, I've been on bus. I lived in Berkeley for four years. I'm a bus where people are taking pisses in the aisle and it's like you just didn't even bat an eye. You go on the bar and there's just a homeless dude lives there. It smells it terrible, but you're like, yeah, this public transportation. But for some reason, when you're up in the clouds, people to expect everybody to, you know, wear like a suit and tie and just read.
Speaker 2: But like you're kind of like it really is.
Speaker 3: I want to know why people are pissing in the middle of the aisle of a bus.
Speaker 4: You know, he said he grow up the California. You got homeless people.
Speaker 2: He's got a big homeless population. You see a lot of shit, And I mean that quite literally.
Speaker 3: Well, like California is El Dorado for the homeless community. That is, that is a place you really need to get gotta everywhere's the ocean. Yeah, people in Minnesota that are homeless are like, have you heard about this place on California? We could get there. The flyers like yeah that photo. Okay, some day I'm gonna head west for three years.
Speaker 2: You'll never do it, almost due to Minnesota. Last time I was there, and that guy's brave. MANX. It gets fucking cool. It's fucking cold in Minnesota.
Speaker 16: California. I mean, like if I was I would just live in San Diego and it would be great. Yeah, I mean that'd be awesome.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you want, you can stumble over to Mexico real quick. But a PJ. You saw a couple of nice shows coming back.
Speaker 3: Want of entertainment down there in southern California a lot of entertainment. What do you live in San Diego now.
Speaker 2: No, I'm here.
Speaker 16: I'm twenty minutes from here, but I I grew up in Los Angeles. But we've been here four years now. You a Paradise Valley guy, I'm Arcadia.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, nice.
Speaker 3: Arcadia is the south of Paradise Valley money val Paradise. It's like Vallee. Arcadia is like it's like the nicest area of Arizona.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 16: I grew up in Cave Creek, no way. Yeah, so we just moved Arcadia. We were living up by like where TPC is. We were living by like Kierlin.
Speaker 2: Yeah for a while. But uh, Arkadie feels kind of like California. Like you guys have those kind of vibes. It's weird.
Speaker 3: Like road drive down a neighborhood in urad it'll be like lush.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 16: Yeah, it's cool. It's a cool set up for for Arizona. It's different, but yeah it is. It has been funny living down there because like there is a I'm not forty tody guy, but but our forty twenty people down there.
Speaker 3: Yeah you go, he just got a little north. But I know that Cave Creek. It's more salt of the earth.
Speaker 2: I believe that.
Speaker 16: But I just get my wife and I can't do they. I haven't fallen in love with the cactus yet.
Speaker 2: That's a beautiful thing better.
Speaker 3: I think that's fair.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know you take take a lot of pride in the cacti.
Speaker 16: Yeah, it's kind of like all we got we got out here that they can differentiate. But the cacti, which I'm just like, it's just a cactus.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's lots of it's the ChIL. I think interesting is how long you've heard about jumping toil?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Oh hey, fuck him up right now. Yeah, we'll blame them a the what is this called jumping? Jumping?
Speaker 3: They're like basically like the defense mechanism. Defense mechanism of ach is if you get close to it, it'll literally lean into you and then get you so it'll get you away from it. And it's one of those things like if you like touch it, it breaks off real easily, so it'll be like all over your hands and arms and stuff like that. And they're like they like they look like big bushes and you can just like stacks of just prickles everywhere.
Speaker 16: My buddy put his foot over one once it was on the ground. He put his foot over it, kind of screwing around like oh, I'm gonna step on it.
Speaker 2: And yeah, but holy fuck, yeah, Like what's the point of those things? You know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's what kind of value are they adding? I'm sure they do.
Speaker 1: Like I'm sure somebody somebody's out there pissed off right now, Like how does will fucking not know?
Speaker 3: No, I mean I think the choice is like only here here in like New Mexico. Yeah, Like it's kind of like a it's a rare thing.
Speaker 4: It's interesting how long cactuses can live.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a fun thing too, Warlski, like two hundred years old. It's wild. But that's what this is not, what this podcast is not about. You are so you're at the way you're doing the waste management. Obviously you gotta be to come out. We're thinking about we're thinking about Saturday right now.
Speaker 2: We're thinking about Saturday.
Speaker 3: Good day. Yeah, and then so how does like waste management to me? Growing up here? Last year?
Speaker 2: What's that he hit one?
Speaker 3: Last year?
Speaker 2: You got it? You got one last year? Didn't you hold one?
Speaker 3: Yeah? No, that was sim right, that's crazy, that's that's just that's just us not doing our homework, cause I legit.
Speaker 2: I was sitting with Will there being like, damn, did he really get a hole in one?
Speaker 3: But that like, how does the waste management how is it different from things like Augusta and like other places, because it seems like it literally is out of like Happy Gil.
Speaker 16: No, it's as yeah, it really is. Shooter McGavin would struggle here. So that's how I put in context. They don't tell you exactly how many people come through the gates, but I I know roughly so on a on a given even a good, good golf tournament day, like I would say Farmers Insurance two weeks ago, final round probably had.
Speaker 2: That's where he made his bags.
Speaker 16: Twenty five thirty thousand people, Yeah, which feels like a lot at a golf tournament its spread out with it feels like a lot Saturday at the waste management this week we'll probably have two hundred and fifty thousand people.
Speaker 2: It's like the top five six sporting event in a day. And it's all week.
Speaker 16: I mean yesterday, Yesterday's Monday. It's the first day of the course is open to practice or sorry for the fans. But typically even some of the events don't even open, and you know, you'll trickle in, like a few people on me some Monday people have jobs. I mean, yesterday was still chaos. I mean it's so many people. So it's different. But my story that explains it. We call it all the golfers call it a party that a golf tournament broke out at. So it's like if we were here drinking, then all of a sudden, you're like, you know, you want to go mess around on that putting green, and like that's that's like the scale. So my first year ever playing at I t off on Thursday off the back nine and sixteen's you know right where like everyone filters in through ten, they walk past ten, past eleven and filter into sixteen.
Speaker 2: And I walk off the tee.
Speaker 16: I got, you know, on my golf clothes on spikes on, looking like a professional golfer.
Speaker 2: I got my caddy carrying the clubs, looking like a caddy.
Speaker 16: And there's a huge line of people and there's these two tract of women in front of me, and I say, excuse me, and they're on like heels and dresses and all this shit and and they like look at me and look back away. I was like, I was like, excuse me, like I'm trying to get through to the fairway, and she gave me like the I have a boyfriend, look.
Speaker 2: No, And I was like, what the fuck are we doing?
Speaker 16: Like I'm working, like you're here because there's a golf room, but most of the people don't even like that's not even part of it, like that's not the vibe. I mean, they have clubs like I have my buddy. I don't know if you guys know the you know he's just Mike now, but Mike's stud.
Speaker 2: And all those we are, Yeah, he's one of the he's been times.
Speaker 16: They rolled through last year, him Blue and all the boys, and I got them passes a thing called the Greenskeeper. It's left of eighteen, and it's like I've never been. I've never got this, like see anything. But it's kind of like a day club, like outdoor day club. And he's like, hey, I'm gonna come out. Uh And I was like, okay, I got you guys these wristbands and he'said, no, we want to.
Speaker 2: Play watch you play golf.
Speaker 16: I said, okay, but I was like let you know, like it's really fun like every day, but Saturday, like don't feel obligated.
Speaker 2: To come watch me play, like get in there.
Speaker 16: So I text him after I was like, hey man, sorry, like I didn't say high, like there's just a lot of people out there.
Speaker 2: Whatever.
Speaker 16: He goes, he's like I think he text me two days later because he was like, never even left the greens Keeper, like it was just too much fun because it's just like beer gardens, Like people don't even know there's golf going on sixteen, you know, but you're there just to boo and get really drunk. And it's different from anything ever, because every other golf tournament is it's the golf tournament's the priority in this case, like that is the alcohol is the priorities.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's likely that it's crazy, it's insane. How do you get go ahead? Bub, I'm just.
Speaker 1: Gonna say how you feel about everyone's starting to throw all that alcohol onto the So I like the green like how it was like chaos.
Speaker 2: It was a little much. So basically they had to change it this year.
Speaker 16: I'm not gonna go out here and say it's like life and dead dangerous, but I mean people are chucking you know, hands at you that are full of beer and like, you know, cold, My buddy Cold got hit with one last year and he's like, didn't feel good.
Speaker 2: I don't mind it. It's it's crazy. I like this.
Speaker 16: This is good for golf. I don't think every week, but it's good for golf. But they are putting cups in solo cups this year, so if you do chuck them at least like we're not gonna get beaned.
Speaker 2: But I don't know, I like it. It's fun. It's it's it's chaos. It's crazy.
Speaker 16: It's like we golf is such like an older, older person's sport that like making it younger and all this and that whatever.
Speaker 2: The only problem with last year that we got a little of that.
Speaker 16: They're starting to do it for anything, like they crave it's like you craved reason the chaos. And they're like they're like, man, if he if he makes this thirty footer, we're gonna throw it and then they'll miss and he's like he taps it in though we'll throw it too. It's like okay, or you know, like make it make like for the home one like go nuts for a bunker. Shot, you make go nuts, long pup, go nuts. It did feel like last year was kind of like anything we can possibly make happen and make worth it, we're gonna do it.
Speaker 2: But it's cool, man, it's a it's rare.
Speaker 16: I have my favorite funniest stories from this event, and last year was up there with the most humanizing and also kind of funny thing ever. But I was in a late group on Saturday, I think, and we get to fifteen, I'm making like a little charge and uh, I don't know why the people who set the tournament up did this. But there's a ported body like on the tee and it is really close to a lot of people, and you know, obviously they're quite noisy, and.
Speaker 2: I had a healthy stream that day. So I hop in there and everyone watches me go in there, and I could.
Speaker 16: Hear people, like, you know, chanting as I'm like in the bathroom, and it's like really uncomfortable, and I get out and I just get like, I mean, they're already standing, but it's still like a standing ovation like a roar happens as I leave this bathroom. I look at Joe and I'm like, dude, I don't even feel like a fucking person anymore for a pass like they got, I didn't have to take a shit because like that, it just doesn't have been a tough one in there.
Speaker 2: So you have that, I've had my favorite heckles have been at this one. Uh. So it's a great event. It's just, uh, it's very different.
Speaker 3: Is it a when you're looking at like your first couple of times doing the waste management, is there like a level of fomo that you had at any point? Being like these people are having every incredible time every year. I remember, like I don't know about you, but like being on the buses going to like college foot blun steing all these all these people tail getting are like, damn, I've.
Speaker 2: Never been to a tailgat. I got to do all the tail getting. Yeah, so we roll reverse. It is hard, man.
Speaker 16: I guess like last year I got, I got all these friends in town. Uh and like one night, you know, like I again invited to go to dinner with like Golf who I'm buddies with and Yelich and all like just like my favorite like coolest athlete friends who we keep up with each other, but I never get to see them because they're busy when when when I'm not busy and I'm busy when they're busy, and they're like, man, we're going out to Bottle Blond a night. You know, I know it's probably hard, but you want to come. And I'm just like fuck you, yeah, like I want to know. But and then they're like, no, you're not coming. I'm like, I know, but like you just all the parties are this week and it's so much fun and everyone's out and watching people like just drink while we're all golfing just seem like truly having the time of their lives. Well, I'm just like wrestling between making bogies, birdies and pars. It's just like it's just not nearly as fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, changing diapers.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 16: Now this week's super Bowl week. Yeah, now it's super Bowl. It makes every year it's just crazier. But I don't know, man, I have fomo every year at this event. But there have been times like my favorite, like like last year's Saturday, my last like five holes is my like one of my favorite things that's happened to me. And golf just because when you do perform in front of those people, you guys would would get this more We don't get this very often, but it's like the rush of it is, well, you know, it's worth not drinking the beersh But yeah, there's still times where I'm like, god, dang, it looks pretty, you know. If I get it on like a little bogie run, I'm like, I could just be out there right now, like, yeah, well I got full acts, I got this little credential gets me everywhere.
Speaker 2: I could be doing all the coolest stuff. But I don't know. It's a it's a good trade off.
Speaker 1: Here's a question how important in the scheme of day rankings and all that is the waste management. That's what I'm thinking, is this, why not become the golfer it's drinking while you're playing.
Speaker 3: John Daly, Oh he does that. He smokes cigarettes and drinks. He's the fine because you're not allowed to drink.
Speaker 2: We're not allowed to. Yeah, maybe that'll be a rule we could knock down.
Speaker 3: Just for this tournament.
Speaker 2: Just like when you go to Augusta.
Speaker 3: I've never been, but it's like the hot dogs are still the same prices the day they open.
Speaker 2: They have like this message.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like on like presidents and like senators can like golf on this place other than pro golfers, Like why not make the waste management like the ultimate like fuck you to golf in a way that like takes this these younger generations and it's like, oh, we want to do this ship.
Speaker 2: This is awesome, not a terrible. Yeah, we could have a one innovator.
Speaker 4: While playing golf.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like, you guys, watch the Wire. I've not seen a lot of.
Speaker 3: There's so many shows out there now that are amazing, Like The Last of Us is now a thing that everyone's watching. Wow.
Speaker 16: But they have a thing called Hamsterdam where like in Baltimore, they made like you could do drugs in this one square mile. You could do whatever you wanted. There was no rules, and like that's what this event should be. It's like, yeah, the one place where like we'll turn a blind eye to this.
Speaker 2: That's perfect.
Speaker 3: Captioning Maxholma thinks heroin should be allowed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, no, no drugs. You brought that up. What's one rule you would change in golf? Man? Big Cat.
Speaker 16: Big Cat did say something on part of my take once. I don't know if you guys ever heard that one, but where he said that you should be allowed to fight one Fanny year in like any sport, and I was like last year at the PGA in Oklahoma, I was telling Joe my Caddy about that rule because there's this fucking guy that was just wearing me out for like six holes in a row. He's clearly just walking with us, and I was just like do I was like, that's the fucking guy, Like that's my But you have to be smart about it because I'm not like a super large man. I'd pick a small guy and I just go to town. And I think I think that would be that would be a good one. Obviously pretty pretty unrealistic, unrealistic rule change, but definitely something if we thought of.
Speaker 2: I do think that. I do think that like live towards doing it like shorts. I don't mind, like you could wear shorts.
Speaker 16: It makes it seem like at least a little less dorky, although some people got like very white legs.
Speaker 2: But I don't know the real one is.
Speaker 16: I guess the real one I would do is like range finders, the lasers you shoot the pin distance wise, I would use because if everyone has one, I don't see the advantage of it, so it's like, might as well do it it'll speed things up to an extent, it makes things easier on everybody.
Speaker 2: That one seems pretty basic, but we'll see.
Speaker 9: Is it.
Speaker 2: So speaking of like fighting guys, is there.
Speaker 3: A golfer that you would, given the opportunity, would maybe throw hands with.
Speaker 2: I mean, I get yeah, I mean it could be anybody, somebody on the front of your mind. You can say them, you don't have to say him. Who do you think you could take in the tour? I could take, Like I could take a lot of I was, I was. I'm blessed.
Speaker 16: My dad was a boxer growing up, so he taught me at a box So I'm a very unassuming like I know I could at least. I'm also not scared to get my ass beat like that at some point. Yeah, like like like we fought, obviously, you guys are all gonna kick my ass, Like I'm cool with that, but like I'd rather.
Speaker 2: Do that than like run, So I'm gonna at least stand in there and take a few.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I mean think that there's a lot of guys on tour. I would I would.
Speaker 16: I would like my chance against But it's not like I dislike that many people or really anybody enough to just be like, I'm just gonna bite them. But I mean there's times when you're pissed off and it's kind of just any When you make like four buggies in a row.
Speaker 2: It's kind of just anybody. Yeah, anybody's I'm ready right now. Dad always had this joke.
Speaker 16: I wore a or this ugly assed pink shirt when I was a junior golfer and this guy we were leaving the course. I paid so bad, I'm so mad, steaming in the front seat. I'm probably fifteen sixteen, and this guy cuts off my dad. He's usually like a little more of the hot head than me, and I start yelling at the car the guy in front.
Speaker 2: My dad goes. My dad goes, if you want to get out, you can get out.
Speaker 16: And he was like, could you imagine, like on the news, like like golfer and pink shirt just beats the hell out of some road raged driver.
Speaker 2: And I was like, yeah, this probably wasn't gonna go that way. I probably, you know, end up flat on my back.
Speaker 16: But we have no I've always been scared of a golfer actually fighting another golfer because like we just had a tee throwing incident a year a week ago in Dubai, we have Rory McElroy and Patrick Reed. Patrick Greed like flicked a tee towards Rory and it was a humongous story, which is pretty sad. And I'm really nervous that if we ever anybody did get in a real altercation, we just never make things look cool, and we can't make fighting look cool. Like there's just no way since two golfers are actually gonna have like a real fistfight that you're like, oh wow, you know it's gonna be like, oh boy, you know, like, oh that was a bad look for all of us. So I hope we view you know, it would bring viewers, it would cringe and like kind of be like, okay, you know, I didn't need to see that. So I feel like it's good that most of us are are smart enough not to ever really even get into a hold me back situation.
Speaker 2: We we avoid it at all costs.
Speaker 1: Is there an internal rivalry that you have that your opponent doesn't even know he's.
Speaker 16: A part of multiple but not in a I don't like them, why just want to beat him? Way uh Man Tom Kim uh and he has the same thing. I know he does because his Caddy is one of my best friends. I know he has the same thing. But we played singles at Presidents CuPy.
Speaker 2: This that part is suce. He's twenty, I'm thirty two.
Speaker 3: Hold on, hold on one second, yes, sir, I.
Speaker 4: Don't well, Oh, so are you gonna abide by the what you're being told?
Speaker 2: Hey, Dave, gonna meet you.
Speaker 3: We're doing We're well in lying brother, No, Ron, We're just trying to do our part.
Speaker 2: Because we're doing we're doing you know why we're doing it. And we've got people coming up being like, you can't talk, But do you know why we're doing this down here? Because we're doing the rundown right yesterday? You have to do it.
Speaker 4: So all I'm saying is we're trying to fuck We're trying to do this.
Speaker 2: You're allowed to talk, I think, I mean, yeah, maybe your house.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: That's why I said, though I came in and like the Boston guy says, no one can.
Speaker 10: Talk up there.
Speaker 3: So what you said?
Speaker 2: What was your reaction was the air and asked permission to talk? Okay, all right, thanks. I hope your shows go well up there.
Speaker 14: Day you.
Speaker 2: Never know what you're gonna get with him.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: When he made the comment, I was thinking about it too, and he was like, when you're fifty three, fifty fourth roster, you're gonna be early to the meeting. It's like when you're the owner, you can show up whenever you want to. But it's like, yeah, if you want to want to run a pisspoor organization.
Speaker 2: Yeah, lead from the front, he says, found up.
Speaker 3: Lead from the front, from the front, Like that's culture, Like we know there's a heart out here at ten fifteen and he wants to come take three minutes of our time. That's hey, though, I tell you what the day folks are the boys he does funck with Like that's he's the dad. He's the dad that's never gonna say I love you. But like the more he makes fun of you, like he cares. Yeah, yeah, he cares, and that's that's important.
Speaker 4: I feel like during the thing, what'd you ask does he love you?
Speaker 2: You think, oh, yeah, you love us? Yes?
Speaker 3: I think so. I mean I think we're probably yeah, top five favorite people.
Speaker 1: Don't think he'll ever say it, and I think he'll always, like, you know, make those faces.
Speaker 3: Like he's go, yeah, I mean I like you guys, these you're fine. I mean, you should doing great job. He has worked for me, and he'll just say something that like wouldn't make him seem like he's the boss, and then we.
Speaker 2: Just that one pat on the back. You're like, oh, yeah, yeah, he doesn't. I think he's not a whole lot of paths.
Speaker 1: He hangs with Silvana and they'll like look at some more kind of stuff and they kind of chuckle.
Speaker 4: Again.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he'll be laying in bed and just kind of but he'll never say you see this. Yeah, he'll never say that those guys are stupid, and they'll just kind of keep scrolling.
Speaker 2: I'm Kim, yeah, Kim. So yeah, he's twenty, I'm thirty two.
Speaker 16: Uh, he's a future or he already is Superstar Wars the Future, just like World Beater.
Speaker 2: Uh talent.
Speaker 16: And I think part of it is that I'm just jealous that it took me so long to figure it out, and he's you know, can't even legally drink and he's just whooping up on all of us.
Speaker 2: That's probably part of it.
Speaker 16: A lot of it is this Caddy and I you know, I have to see him all the time, so I want to. I don't know, it's like it's like a motivating thing. So I definitely, you know, check in how he's doing in tournaments, and I hope that I win more tournaments than he does, uh until I retire much earlier than he will. But it's also an embarrassing one. Like I said, you want a rival that's like your age, and this kid is like he's truly a child. So I was doing at twenty first, what he was doing at twenty is just so drastically different. It's outrageous. But he's he's definitely hot on my list right now. And he's also taking me to dinner next week. He's taking me to a Korean barbecue next week in La So I'm als. We're also really good friends, I think closer. Yeah, so I'm staying it. Yeah, but he might food poisoning. I'm not really sure.
Speaker 2: I don't know where his rivalry in this stands, but I know I know he feels similarly. Is here this week, he's here this week? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Anything, that's when?
Speaker 1: Does it?
Speaker 3: It starts Thursday? Right, That's the first day that everything start. And do you get paired up with him?
Speaker 2: A lot or now I've been paired up with him. Uh maybe this is where the other part.
Speaker 16: I got paired up with him in Vegas this year and then he won the golf tournament didn't make a bogie for all seventy two holes, which is.
Speaker 2: Just like not a real thing. Yeah, so he did that, man, he's so.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah is uh you you brought up caddies a couple of times, like, I don't know golf. I probably swung a club ten times in my entire life.
Speaker 2: I'm awful.
Speaker 3: But what is like, how important is a caddie through the process of the weekend for you, like sizing things up for yourself?
Speaker 2: For me is what do they do? In general? Just like give me the basic one on one on what caddy.
Speaker 16: Does their bones is carry the clubs, clean the clubs and get like numbers and kind of do like strategy type stuff. Mine is different. I I've always valued caddies some guys, you know, everyone wants something different. Some people want like some people want like a psychologist kind of out there a friend out there where they want somebody who's just really good at like you know, getting waters, you know, just like a almost like an assistant. Mine I've been lucky. Mine is one of my best friends. I've known him since I was six. He was a great golfer. It still is a good golfer, but he played pro golfer a little bit.
Speaker 2: Back in the day. And so I kind of get I'm lucky. I get I get a really like really good.
Speaker 16: Caddies, great at all the strategy, all the picking what club to hit.
Speaker 2: He's great at all that.
Speaker 16: But he's also like someone I enjoy walking around with because we're we're together more than I'm with, you know, my wife. Really over the last like six years, we spend so much time together. So I need to like like that person because if I if I start to get resentful of being around somebody that much, it would be hard to do my job. But so I I kind of get like the full uh, the full package with mine. So it's like I said, everyone's different. Like I had a caddy one time filling for Joe. He was gone for a week, and and every time he had me water like he'd have like the top almost off.
Speaker 2: So I didn't have to open the top.
Speaker 16: I'm like nice though, yeah, but I'm like, I'm so good at that, I could do that you know, I don't need help with that.
Speaker 2: I need help, Like is it seven or eight iron? I don't. So it's just like everybody.
Speaker 16: But clearly at some point somebody told him like that was a thing, which is also sad and crazy to me. But uh, I don't know some people. Everyone everyone's different, I guess, But I like I like having a friend out there that like enjoy the winds together and then the losses we can like discuss and and I have a lot of faith and trust in what he'll suggest that we should do better.
Speaker 4: Have you ever blew a gasket on him?
Speaker 14: Uh?
Speaker 2: It's actually funny. He's yelled at me more than I yelled at him.
Speaker 16: It's kind of my running running joke about how like last year, last year, maybe it's two years ago. At Pebble Beach Sunday, I got off to a great start and on the fifth hole, I hit in a bunker and I had a fuck line and made double bogie.
Speaker 2: And then the next hole, I.
Speaker 16: Hit in the bunker and got a fuck lie and I hit a really good shot and got a terrible bounce. I had like twenty feet and I like kind of bitched and moaned about it and That's why I like joke because I always tell myself if I'm being a bitch, you tell me I'm being a bitch, and I'll stop. Like he's older than me, like I was like, you know, you're kind of big brother here. I'll listen to you. Yeah, and and but I kind of like bitched and moaned to him about like I was like, what a fucking bounce, you know, like so fucking bad. And he snapped on me and he goes, you know, I don't even remember what he said.
Speaker 2: He yelled at me. Looked him like Jesus Christ, like in front of the people, I'm good God a bitch. Yeah.
Speaker 16: Basically he was like he's like quick complaining he had a great fucking shot. It's like not that big a deal whatever. So I'm like okay, and I walked over and I unfortunately I made the putt, which was like maybe part of him just scaring the life out of me.
Speaker 2: And he comes over to me like this is why I'm our relationship. I love it so much. He comes over and he goes, dude, I'm so sorry, but I want to rake that bunker on five. My back went out, and I'm like, I'm kind of on tilt right now. I'm like, okay, he goes, I'm really sorry about that.
Speaker 16: But I've only really yeah, I've only really gotten mad at him, like a couple of times, so like he I don't think I've ever yelled at him, but yeah, it's it's fun when he is wrong. And there's been a couple of times where like he catches, he catches when I could I know he's wrong and I go to say something and he's like got his head downe He's like, sorry, sorry, sorry, my bad, sorry, sorry sorry, because he knows, like I don't air him out. Everyone's trying their best. It's impossible. I mean, he's guessing what you know, educated guess and what we should be doing. So when he's wrong, it's not like I'm like whatever.
Speaker 2: But every once in a while, like one time, you know, I'm telling him it's six and it's five and he says five and I'm saying six and it's five and I had five and it goes over the green.
Speaker 16: It's fucked, And like that's when I can at least at least look at him and be like, you know, I was right, And sometimes that's all I need.
Speaker 2: But I don't yell.
Speaker 16: You hear some guys blow up and they are some funny fucking stories, but uh, man, I just don't have that in me.
Speaker 4: Where are you at in the argument of golf being a sport or not?
Speaker 2: Man, I'm like very middle like I don't it's active.
Speaker 16: Uh it does warm my heart when like my friends who are real athletes, like the no argument athlete, when they go play golf and then they tell me next day like their back hurts and their shoulders are hurting. I'm like, see, shit's fucking but yeah, it's it's probably not. I think if we had to carry our on clubs, I would consider it a sport.
Speaker 2: But it's just it's just it. Yeah, we're tiptoe in the line.
Speaker 16: We're we're definitely like people bat dog cheerleading and say that's not a sport and they did a way more athletic than we are. So like if they're not even if they're not even getting approved, then like we shouldn't be approved fully yet.
Speaker 2: But we're gaining on it.
Speaker 16: But I wouldn't like you guys are like there's a humongous difference between like football and baseball and basketball and then like golf like this is noticeable. Just the eye tests would tell you that, Like, we're not doing a whole lot, but it is active.
Speaker 2: It's harder than you think.
Speaker 16: But yeah, it's definitely not not rigging rigorous enough to consider like a full blown sport.
Speaker 2: But we're in the sport family.
Speaker 3: We're just the way you handled that outrageous question was extremely graceful, like.
Speaker 2: Could have easily taken.
Speaker 3: Right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I get it.
Speaker 16: Man.
Speaker 2: You heard a lot of bunch of scoffs in the back when you.
Speaker 3: Said that, because they all were thinking that it's not When did you decide like they're when we were like, this is this is for me what I'm gonna be fantastic in.
Speaker 16: A real sports Uh? So I played uh you know, like football, basket well and golf. Those were like my three like loves grown up receiver?
Speaker 2: What's that?
Speaker 16: Were you a slot receiver? So I was gonna be the great white Hope. I was a nasty corner.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, it's a boy from Iowa out there trying to live the dream.
Speaker 2: Right now. You see that that unicorn, we have to protect it.
Speaker 16: So uh but yeah, so I was like damn uh, I was like eleven so It's not like I thought of that at all, But uh, I think who was a seahorn back in the day.
Speaker 2: Yeah he was, so I mimicked my game after him. Yeah I was.
Speaker 16: I was all right, I I I'm fast, like that's kind of my thing. Never was a big guy, but I can. I can fly around a little bit. And uh, I like saying that because you can't prove that I can't.
Speaker 2: So h looks like you can. Probably it looks like you can run around a little bit, though, Yeah, but you're never gonna.
Speaker 3: See it when you're like at a Part five or something like that. Get a good sprint to your ball, kind of show everybody what's what.
Speaker 2: That would be funny if you like hit it a little bit.
Speaker 3: Like yack down there, dude, that would be awesome. That'd be incredible.
Speaker 2: Ye.
Speaker 16: I was like eleven, and my dad kind of astutely said, hey, man, if you want to be a professional athlete, like you need to pick one, like this is your time, Like you need to treat it like a job.
Speaker 2: And he goes, I think you should only be doing one.
Speaker 16: And I sat there and looked in the mirror and I'm like, I'm five foot two, can't really jump. I think I'm fast, but I've met a lot of guys faster, and I was like, I think golf's the way to do it.
Speaker 2: So it wasn't like I thought that I was baby better at golf, but I felt like it might fit me better.
Speaker 16: It didn't get hit, nobody had to hit me, and yeah, so then it was like from eleven on, I quit everything else and started going on the golf course six days a week.
Speaker 2: My parents would drop me off and bang balls.
Speaker 16: I didn't know I was gonna make it, make it for a while, but I've always said, man, for anybody who's ever made it, and probably anything, but especially sports, you need like the perfect amount of delusion because if when you tell a kid, like I remember, I had teachers be like, what do you want to do in your grow up? My mom be on the PJA tour and they'd be like, okay, but if that doesn't work out, what are you gonna do?
Speaker 2: And I'm like, why the fuck would that not work out?
Speaker 16: Like I work at this as hard as you work at your job, like it's gonna work, but like, looking back on it now is like a thirty two year old dude It's like the fact that a kid I was just like, yeah, of course I'm gonna make it. Here is like you have to be a bit crazy, but like you have to have enough of that realism and awareness to know that like it's gonna be really hard, but and you have to change things, not like I'm just gonna wake up and just make it. But also you have to have enough delusion to ac anytime anybody everybody ever said hell man, you know that's that's crazy, Like you might need a backup plan. I could look at you and be like, no, like that's that's not how you make it. You don't make it with the backup plan. So it's kind of fun. But I was thankful my dad did that when I was young, because you do. In my opinion, you need to unless you're one of those freak you know, Bo Jackson type people, like you need to focus on one thing because there's so many people that are working at it and that are great at it that like you can't be wasting time. I couldn't be wasting time trying to, you know, figure out if I was going to blow up the guy in the flat or not.
Speaker 2: Like that's just that, don't been waste my time.
Speaker 1: So you guys seem like you're more the the family style, that is, pick do one sport when you're growing up.
Speaker 4: I want, I want, because I know you probably are aware of those arguments.
Speaker 2: I like golf. It could be likef you might have to put in that type of.
Speaker 3: Golf of those sports, and hockey is one of those sports. I gets. I grew up at thirteen in hockey. You can't do anything else, Like you gotta go do this.
Speaker 16: If I want my kid, if he decides to play sports, I want him to play all of them because I do think it makes you a well rounded human. Like I think that there are golfers who have grown up and only played golf, and I think that they they only play yeah, and I don't think that's a good thing personality wise. Is great for their their their game, but like I don't think that's yeah, that's what it does feel like that it's like they take some of themselves very seriously and it's like our biggest most popular golf tournament is just a party that's Scottsdale.
Speaker 2: So it's like we're not we're low on the totem pole. We're growing. Tiger put us, everybody on the map.
Speaker 16: He changed the change the landscape of golf forever for all the professionals. But at the end of the day, I do think that it's important to play a lot of sports just to get I also think it helps with your hand to eye. I think all those things are important to growth. But yeah, I mean, it's golf is different. It is it will always be a slower, older, older person sport just because it's not taxing on the body. It's the thing that all you know, so many athletes and so many super athletes decide to like play after because it's you know, I was on a phone call with Larry Fitzgerald yesterday and he is obsessed with golf.
Speaker 2: You've never met so many more obsessed with golf. And this dude is a no, no doubt or Hall.
Speaker 16: Of famer probably, I mean, he should be in the conversation for best of all time. And this dude just wants to like, he's asking me questions about how do I get better at golf? Because that's the thing is it doesn't beat him up anymore.
Speaker 2: It's a passion. It is hard.
Speaker 16: But I think that his personality and his outlook towards the game is benefited from the fact that he played other things growing up. And I think that's why people love Larry and golf now because he doesn't take himself seriously because he's humbled by the game of golf. But we all also respect him because he's a legitimate freak of nature.
Speaker 3: When you keep saying that golf is always gonna be an older man's sport, how do you like, in what ways can we make the younger generation appreciate golf more? So, I'll give you Like for example, like when I'm in high school, me and all my buddies never thought about golf at all. As soon does everyone graduated college. All of a sudden, all my boys are picking up clubs and doing whatever, and like this is great for business, This is great for that. Like how do you start leaking into the high school like that? You know the younger age is that they start picking up the clubs more so it needs.
Speaker 2: To be more accessible. So golf course I grew up on is par sixty one.
Speaker 16: So most golf course Part seventy two public golf course had a par three course, nine holes, the longest holes one hundred and fifty yards, and it was owned by a company called American Golf, and they had a deal at least in all the ones that they owned around where I grew up that you know, if you were under like twelve eleven or somewhere like that, you could play the part three course for one dollar all day and then you've played the big one for like sixteen dollars. And as golf is boomed because of the pandemic golf blew up across the country, golf course are getting more expensive. And that's okay, it's a business, but like let the kids play, like, get him out there, get him out playing, get him out. The deals on hitting balls like bang the balls is let's just say it's eight dollars a bucket, make it three so that they don't have to go beg their parents for twenty dollars and you know, like make them feel like it's it's okay.
Speaker 2: And also it will I.
Speaker 16: Don't know if this one will ever change, but the adults need to get that are at the golf course need to clean up their act and stop kind of ho humming. Uh oh man, I'm playing with a kid today. It's like my dad would always say that, and he liked it because I was, you know, a good player as a young young kid. But he would say, you know, we get paired with another another two dudes that you obviously don't know, us strangers, and he would he'd say he always loved it because they'd roll their eyes to their friend, like, oh god, we got to play with this kid today. And my dad would make me play fast, like if I if it took me too long to get off box, he would just have me play up where his drive was.
Speaker 2: But like by the end of the day, these guys like, oh my god, this kid's so good.
Speaker 16: But it's like, don't you like judged me before, you Like the point is to get in, like get people into this game so that the pros are doing.
Speaker 13: Uh.
Speaker 16: I think a good job I have, Like I know, Patrick Can'tley hosts three golf tournaments on the court.
Speaker 2: On the tournaments.
Speaker 16: We grew up playing in Southern California in the SCPGA Southern California Professional Golf Association. So then I'm doing my first one in two weeks, and I think that helps a little bit, kind of giving kids that look up to you know, maybe you know, even if they aren't into golf, but they have to watch it because their dad makes them here and there and they say, hey, you know so and so is hosting a golf tournament. I want to play in that one day. Maybe that could be an avenue. But I just think accessibility and these adults need to chill. Like if a kid's being loud at the golf course, you don't need to reprimand them, like go just say, hey, you know, we're a little quieter here to respect thing, but like, don't make it where I have to walk on eggshells because I felt like that as a kid a lot. And fortunately my dad didn't make me double down and feel that. He's like, hey, you know, kind of like screw them. Do your thing, but be respectful. But he said in a nicer way. But there's just like this stuff, it can be stuffy, and that just turns kids off. The kid's attention spans are doore. That's why football so like it's like America's sport, and it's so fun to watch because it's like quick, quick hitting.
Speaker 2: Highlights like highlights in golf.
Speaker 16: Like you, they're slow and they're not as riveting, but if you ever played the game, you'd be like, fuck, that's amazing. You know, but it's just like it's it's not like right off the top of your head that it would be like so clearly fun. So I hope that I hope that as things go on, like kids will start to feel more welcome to come out to the course because I tell I tell all the people who are just even my friends as you reference there to get out of college and like, man, I want to play golf. I don't embarrass myself. I'm like, I'm like, who are you worried is going to embarrass you? And they'll be like, oh, you know, there was this guy that was playing the other day. I said, we'll just picture this. If I come out, I'll beat the shit out of that guy at golf, like he'd be embarrassed to play with me. I don't give a shit, So like, you go play, just go have fun, do your thing. Don't like that's the problem. There's like this weird there's a weird thing in golf that I'm hoping slowly gets torn down a bit.
Speaker 2: But is that a weird thing You're kind of implying, is that they get uppity vibe? Think it is? But I just think, like, okay, So if I go play.
Speaker 16: If I went and played football with you guys, obviously I would look like an actual like a draft, like a baby giraffe out there, like I wouldn't know what to do. A baby catch a few I'd maybe trip a few times. I'd look like an idiot. But I feel like the nature of that sport, like the intuition isn't just to immediately like make fun of that person. It's like, you know, it's just like, oh, it's fun. It's a backyard game, you know, But golf doesn't feel like a backyard game at least and how it was made it was a gentleman's sport.
Speaker 2: It's a gentleman's game, but it's like it is it should be a kid's game.
Speaker 16: Shit, We're whacking a fucking golf ball through the air and everyone sucks at it like I suck at it sometimes, like it's so hard. So I just think that there is an uppitting to it that like as you get better and you have to pay to play. So I guess maybe part of is kind of like going back to the public transportation, the sky thing. Oh I'm paying three hundred dollars for a flight. I don't want this baby crying behind me. It's like, well, tough shit. Like there's a kid out here gonna learn and he just wants to get better at the same game you want to get better at. Like let him like, let him have a chance, let her have a chance, and just see what happens and make it fun and make it enjoyable. There's something weird about Maybe it's just the price point of it that I think people feel entitled to, like this is my day and I want it to go exactly how I think it should go, and it just drives me nuts. I'm glad I grew up at the golf course I grew up at, because it was not like that nearly as much. It was a men's club. All the boys have beers. I would sit there and wait for my dad to finish. I'd hit balls, get a soda, and we would go home. And it was very like everyone can play, no one's getting strokes, Go prove yourself, and that's how you grow up and learn. But golf in general just doesn't seem like it's gotten over that hump fully yet, but I think it will. I think Tiger made an enormous impact on that because he made kids feel cool to play golf, at least for me. When someone's like, oh, you play golf as dorky, I'm like, go watch this fucking guy play golf.
Speaker 2: Because it is not dorky is it's exciting and it's cool.
Speaker 1: I think what Netflix is doing too with that, Yeah, like the formula one, yeah, formula, but them doing it with the golf and everything else. I think that's going also for you, like giving you your flowers. To me, it's like the way you are your personality on social media, you do make it seem like you have an edginess a looseness about you to where you make the golfing fun like good day, bad day. You're still gonna whether it's you need to show up on social media or not, Like you make it seem like, oh, he's he doesn't take it so serious, even though you are a pro at your craft. Clearly, if anybody's listening to this, it seems like you've been all in on this thing for a while. But I like admire from Afar your ability to play good or play bad and talk about it in a way that's like relatable to people.
Speaker 2: I feel like people take a liking to you. Thank you. Yeah, I guess, I guess I I'd put it is. I don't.
Speaker 16: I take what I do very serious. I don't take myself very serious. And I hope that kids and fans of golf grasp that like concept, because like, I want to be everybody every time I play, but I also know that if I don't, it's not everyone's problem that I didn't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, mine, And like I said, I want golf to flourish. And I love this game and it is it has a lot of benefits to it for you know, business and honestly just joy. And so it's like at some point it's it's fun and we're playing golf in a field. Man, It's it's awesome. But there's just little little walls we got to knock down. Netflix. That's a great point.
Speaker 16: They'll do a great job of showcasing, at least for kids to be able to see in a real TV show like, oh shit, maybe I want to try that and like then get out and do it because it is weird man, like every like you said, every single one of my friends right after college like fuck man, Like I want to learn how to play golf, which I do, and I'm like, god, dang, she would have said this we're fifteen, because I would have had a lot more friends.
Speaker 3: I know it's it's ten twenty right now. We know you got to go. But the last thing we'll ask is you seem like your mindset is just like really just well done. Like you seem like you've really put things into perspective, understanding that just because I lost doesn't mean it's everybody else's issue, enjoying whether you win or lose in the way you projected to everybody else. Like how is that, Like, is your mindset always been that way or did you have to navigate through the ups and downs of golf to really find the calm that you're dealing with right now?
Speaker 16: Yeah, I mean even the like it goes ebbs and flows. Some days I can act like an asshole. I try to keep it to myself, but like if you're you know, you know, Joe, my wife Lacy, like they would know when I'm being kind of a dick about it.
Speaker 2: But I guess.
Speaker 16: A lesson I learned, Like I've always thought of myself as a respectful person. And I remember I had a really bad attitude for a while, like through college, and I can't remember it if exactly what happened, But it was one day where I think someone like almost point out to me, like when if there's two other people at least playing with us every day, and if I'm being an asshole out there, that person has to deal with me and I'm ruining their day, And I'm like, oh, that's not what I mean to do, Like I'm just trying to ruin my own day. Yeah, So, like I guess that's kind of when. I also have a bad attitude in my own head now, but I try my best. Like some people will be like, oh man, you're so calm and your attitude so good. It's like some days it's not very good. I just don't want people to see that anymore because it's embarrassing and it's and it's rude.
Speaker 2: Like it's rude to the other guys out there.
Speaker 16: That I play against, who are also trying to do the same shit I am if they got to deal with some little sour puss, you know, stomping their feet and stuff.
Speaker 2: But no, it's it's everything's that ebb and flow.
Speaker 16: But I think as I've I've gotten older, I've just realized that you're gonna have good weeks you're gonna have bad weeks, and at the end of the day, you know the the journey is is that that's that's the fun part. The winds come, the winds go, things, things things. You have bad weeks, you know where it feels like the end of the world, But like the fun part is just getting basing that forever. And I think as I've gotten older and appreciated that, I've appreciated some of the bad days more because it's like, all right, this is the day I'm going to learn. When you win, you learn a little bit, but you when you fail, you learn quite a bit. And before I would kind of back myself away from that and be like, God, sucks doing this, But knowing that you're not gonna win every golf tournament, it's kind of you can appreciate the weeks where you have to grind and dig it out a little bit and turn you know, nothing into something.
Speaker 2: So but it's all been a learning curve.
Speaker 16: I mean, if you ask my friends when I was sixteen to twenty, they probably thought it was the biggest toolbag in the world playing golf.
Speaker 2: But I've been trying to get a better hit that brother.
Speaker 3: It's been an absolute pleasure having you on this show and thank you guys.
Speaker 2: You guys are the best PreK heel. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Man, it's been fun watching social media. For those of you subscribe, unsubscribed, resubscribe. Our favorite golfer of all time, Max Homa. We're rooted f him this week at the Waste Management Buddy hope you take home that trophy.