Speaker 1: There's something eating our pumpkins outside, and then Jared goes and then I think they flipped the pool chair over, and I was like, what do you think?
Speaker 2: We have a grizzl in the backyard. Calm Down with Erin and Carissa is a production of iHeartRadio. Hi Girl, Girl Girl.
Speaker 1: We're just talking offline about how much we miss each other. People think we speak mostly on voice notes and not in real life.
Speaker 2: Even last night we both were sitting down watching the game. Is still voice noting.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Sometimes that's like more fun, though in a way it's like because then you just get the snippets.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I guess we could be an well, we do have a conversation every week together on a podcast for an hour.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I feel like I miss you. Hey you look at this. You know what I was missing.
Speaker 1: Pumpkin, Pumpkin, you little pumpkin. I was so excited. I know it's a waste of money. It's like, okay, you've got a coffee maker here, But it's.
Speaker 2: Like sometimes it's just something. It's a dream. She's a tree, real tree. I'll tell you what's a treat.
Speaker 1: Also in our voice notes, our husbands are like, oh god, well Steve's not Butcher's like, oh, what are we doing? And then always has to offer insight or tidbits in the background. And then so Steve in the background, Hey, you want to get on, That's exactly. And I was like, you didn't want to say anything, but now you want to say everything when I'm in the middle of leaving this voice note, So either get involved or get out.
Speaker 2: Hi.
Speaker 1: Everyone, here we go, pregame, dousarian, plain decorum, say hello to a famous person, or ignore because they probably want to be left alone.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I always like to do the whole like I see you, but I don't want to bother you, but like I know you're there, like give a little wink, yeah, kind of a stang.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think it depends on who it is. But I think he wations sometimes and not I'm not doing that. Yeah, I think it depends on my mood, my skin condition. Oh, if I got a real rageer going on on the lower half of the face, I'm probabrobably not making any sort of valutations or not salute. But you know, I really could go into the whole errand thing if it's somebody. It's like a huge fan. You're amazing. I'm obsessed. Have a great flight whatever, you know. It just depends on it depends getting condition. Who's the most famous person up set or been on a plane with. I'm trying to think we've done this right. Belahadid Bella Hadid said next door. But I'm trying to think, like, if there's anyone else.
Speaker 2: Oh, Sherry Shepherd was a real ball of fun.
Speaker 1: She was adorable sitting next to her.
Speaker 2: I don't know, all right, what else? Go for it? Girl?
Speaker 1: Oh my my bad. I was writing down thoughts for the Big show. Jess Porter thirteen. I need your opinion. Is painting your nails appropriate on airplanes and no in doctors waiting rooms?
Speaker 2: Get out of here. I don't even think filing or clipping.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna barf no wains no, no, no, no, no no.
Speaker 2: Did you say no points? No forget the point out, just no voints. I like that first of all, smell of nail polish alone. Love it.
Speaker 1: No, what do you what it's so good? No it doesn't. That's like you're gonna get high. I like the smell of like sharpie markers and then that's like another thing. It's like well, like when you're like thirteen, like gasoline pens.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, what about gasoline. I'm into it.
Speaker 1: I don't like when the gasoline gets on the hand and that you're not getting that fife. You gotta like carefully like take it out of the thing so we're dripping or yeah, uh yeah, you're not allowed to do anything.
Speaker 2: With your nails on.
Speaker 1: No gasolina, she's on a roll. I uh no, no, no no. And also doctors waiting rooms. What are we doing, Jess, you know, smudge, you're gonna smudge. I don't think it's for her. I think it's for other people better. I don't know Jess border, but I feel like she's better than this. Absolutely no, keep the nails to the salon or at home.
Speaker 2: We are looking at a faux nix Tan. I hope that's the name.
Speaker 1: Boyfriend wants me to move in without getting married first, but together two years.
Speaker 2: Thoughts yes, yes, yes, yes, but two years I've already been together.
Speaker 1: You might not want to marry him after you move in with him. There's a lot of things. I got into it with Steve this morning. I got a whole Also, this is classic Steve. He goes, you want me to pick a fight with you tonight so you have something to talk about on the podcast tomorrow.
Speaker 2: That's what he said. He said, that's funny. I got, it's really funny.
Speaker 1: What he goes, Well, if you're looking for some material, I can really rev things up around here.
Speaker 2: I go, No, we don't need to rev things up around here. I'll tell you. I'll tell you what I know. I swear to God.
Speaker 1: Well, i'd like to rep up my engine, but my car's destroyed. We'll talk about that on the big show. In the meantime, though, the the guy, I've got a real issue. You got to make the bed every single morning. And I know when I'm gone for Thursday night football, you don't want to my the bed. When I'm not here, that's no problem, go for it. But when I'm here, we need to make the bed. So this morning, I said, hey, you're going to make that bet. He goes, not if you talk to me like that, we're not going to make the bed. And I was like, look, we can't be living in dumpville. We got to make the bed every morning. We got to be up and Adam and you know, come on, we got chores around here, some phil. My point is phone nextan is if your boyfriend has weird idiosyncrasies, are different things that he does that you don't know about because you haven't lived together, you got to work through that. As my father always says, I didn't adhere to this advice. Clearly have the divorce before the wedding. So it's like you work through all the negative things now. Of course invariably everything will you know, things come up when you're married anyways, But I really believe in living together before you get married.
Speaker 2: I agree, I agree, I agree.
Speaker 1: And make your bed every day. But you've been together for two years. Oh yeah, this one's putting a time round thing.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what doesn't work. I don't like timers. Timers like, hey, what are we doing here?
Speaker 2: What are we? When are we getting married? Are we doing this? Not me? On the other way? Okay, you really are?
Speaker 1: Then every day he's got to be like God, I got to keep working to keeper you know what I.
Speaker 2: Mean by this is crazy? Yeah? You better. You might have left those pillows. Okay, let's get going.
Speaker 1: Steve so much, he's not going anywhere and if he does, I'm going with him. You heard me, you would everyone else. Everyone else is off my train if I get rid of that guy.
Speaker 2: I'm not kidding at all.
Speaker 1: Bob Popovich, what is something fans never see but you do that is important to your job each week?
Speaker 2: What a great question.
Speaker 1: That is a good question, Bob. That's a great question. If I had a baby, I would want to name it Bob. I wonder, is that not the cutest. This is my baby, Bob, Bobby, Bobino. There's so many things I would love that I might just have a kid just to name it Bob.
Speaker 2: Good Bob with me. I jump on in the playpen.
Speaker 1: It's fun, Water's warm.
Speaker 2: What a great question.
Speaker 1: Okay, let me think about this because I want to be mindful with my response. I mean, homework is always number one, right, Like I said, I don't think people realize how much and then you don't end up using not only any of it, but it's just important to have. Also, let's think about this call. Yeah, well, yeah, explain a little bit about that for you, because you have that I don't have those.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 1: Well, we we get on the phone with usually the coach, the coordinator, and the quarterback or star defensive player, some thing like that. So I just find them. Look, we can be on the field for pregame. We can quickly talk to them, but we're not breaking it down, like, hey, you know when you go up against this, what do you think it like? No, it's usually like salutations. I usually make some asshole joke and you know, get the guy going and like then it's like all fun and games that or he walks away and he's like this, this part is nuts. It says to pr Hey, her, never again, don't let me talk to her. Yeah, so I don't know. The prep is just but that's something you guys already know. I'm trying to think of what else?
Speaker 2: What else? What else? What else?
Speaker 1: Besides the prep? I have found it really really necessary for me. And you do this too, you watch clips of the games. I find it really necessary to watch a good most of the game that the team I'm covering played the week before. I just feel better, like I don't want to jump into it cold and kind of I can read about the game, but I actually kind of want to see it, see the vibe of what the announcers are saying. So that's a new bit of anxiety I've put on my plate this year. Yeah, okay, good, yeah, yeah, already overflowing up. Sure. I also, I would say production meetings are big we have for Amazon. At least, we have a production meeting with all of us on Monday in the morning to kind of recap the weekends games and then talk specifically about the game we have. So like this week, we've got the Broncos and the Saints. Both of those teams lost this past week, so sort of like the issues from those two games, so yeah, call them nine to thirties. Sort of gives the producers an idea of where we want to go storyline wise, so they can pull footage and clips and stuff like that. And then for us, we also have a production meaning the day of the game, so Thursday morning. And then that's also fun too because you just like get a better idea game time of what's happening. I don't know, I'm trying to think. If there's anything else, I don't know, I'll think about it. But Bob, great question. I just thought of one. So tomorrow I'm going to get on the phone with Mahomes. I'm also going to speak to dream Hunt this week and who at Chris Jones great Superstars. We have a set of guys. One is a guy that gives Kevin and I and TV a lot of stats during the game.
Speaker 2: Jarrett.
Speaker 1: You know Jarrett, you work with them play and then also we have the guys that make our graphics up what you see on television with the visuals, the numbers, like all the stats. I send a mask text. I'm gonna send a mass text out to them later and say, hey, guys, I'm getting Mahomes, Jones and Hunt this week on the phone. If you have anything that you know are going to be elements in the game, let me know so when you put them up there, I can add, I can add, I can add. I talked to Mahomes this week. He said this about this, this and this. So that's something that I do kind of get the and it also like it pays off what I do, but it pays off what those guys do in the truck too. They work so hard all week preparing different graphics hoping that the announcers touch on them. So if I can do that, you know, it just really helps the team. No, that is a really good point, and I love that because it is there's synergy. I was even saying this one and this is a side, but when there's a flow to it, even when I do like a highlight into a game, and I get it because it disrupts the flow of sometimes if your guys' games, depending on what's going on going down and then you having to do a highlight. I was so curious what your vibe in mood was going to be in and out of that, because that is so touchy. Well it is touchy because of course the severity of that ngurine. You don't know that being said, it wasn't like right up against it, so it's and to be honest, it was like we didn't really even have a highlight, but like we want to get away from the game exactly. So that's interesting. But oh, just paying off a highlight. Kevin will do this a lot, so will Kenny Albert. He's so good at it where it's like, oh, you know, if I taken like a Vikings highlight into the game, it's like, oh, well, the Saints will see the Vikings next week, and you know the NFC North, isn't it amazing?
Speaker 2: Like there is It's such.
Speaker 1: A good point for you to highlight, like just you don't even realize like all of the different elements of games or things that are going on and to be able to bring them together. Bob, did that answer your question? And that's all the time we have for today?
Speaker 2: Be you Threads.
Speaker 1: As a mom going back to family nurse practitioner school, stressed to miss out on my one and two year old growing up? How do you handle it? Aaron need all the advice? Oh well, first of all, good for you for going back. Yeah you're I'll go and nurse practitioners go. Wow, that's probably a huge undertaking with the littles at home.
Speaker 2: How do you handle it all? Girlfriend?
Speaker 1: I don't I call her at son I cry and I feel like I've been the most negative friend this month. It's been really hard because I am missing a lot. But at the same time, I love what I do. I know when Mackie Babes understands what I do, he will love it as well. I am in constant contact and facetiming. I'm making the nanny, I'm making Jared send me photos. It's the little things like last night I landed at six race to the race home, got there in time for you know, bedtime and story reading and wanted to go wake him up this morning. So it's hard though, because I got a lot of shit I got to do this week, and I also want to spend time with Mac and it's like I am having such a hard time balancing this. I called curse to this past weekend, this past week, and I just said, I can't get things done that I need and I don't know how to do it. And I feel like I am at this point where I'm just like drowning. But then at the same time, you know, Chris is really good at this. I need to get myself a break. I miss my best friend a lot. I miss her husband, boyfriend. I want to spend time with them, like I was. I woke up today and I was like, I miss my friends, like I need that time right now too.
Speaker 2: So it's a fucking lot, man, it's so hard.
Speaker 1: I don't have any idea what you guys are going through, because obviously I don't have children, but that guilt where you're like, oh, I want to be with them. But I always think about our own situations as kids, like do we remember we don't remember when we're little, about like when our parents were there and not you know love you know, like I always reference this, but like I know my parents work ethic and like those are the things that like MAC will appreciate, not like oh you weren't there everything, And also too like for you with the question about the nurse practitioner, like your kids are going to be so proud of the fact that.
Speaker 2: Like you're going back to school.
Speaker 1: I think it's a great example for them to see that you can and this idea of like, oh, do it all. You don't have to be perfect in doing it all. You're going to fail in some of the areas, but the attempt to try to in the pie chart of your life, like some of that also has to be for you, Like you're going back to work because you obviously are passionate about being a nurse and like or want to provide for your family, Like I think you need to give yourself some grace you too. I'm saying this to you, Aaron, like you don't want to have to give up your career just because you have a child, and like you can try to balance it all. So for anyone out there that's doing it, I give you guys a ton of credit because it doesn't look.
Speaker 2: Easy, but keep going.
Speaker 1: Nick. Watching Kyle br Brandt right now on Angry Runs, I don't know how he doesn't blow the energy. Mac is watching him today eating pancakes like that's Uncle Kyle. He's crazy, But I love Angry Runs so much. Okay, Jonathan Laura, I'm actually glad you wrote this in because I want to. I want to call somebody out who's also on this podcast. It's November first? Oh is November first? Too soon to put up Christmas decorations? Guess who gave people shit for already having Christmas decorations up and wants to put her tree up? Jolly Saint Nick over there, I'm going to tell you why, because fucking the Grinch for the past decade of my life, because I was just angry with my whole existence, has now become the half hap happiest.
Speaker 2: Person on the earth. Girl.
Speaker 1: So I want to put up my decorations. You know what else I want to do. I want to not stress out about my Christmas shopping. Yeah, so I want to get all of that done because I want to be sitting here Thanksgiving all filing my nails, not on an airplane and thinking to myself for the whole list is done.
Speaker 2: I don't have.
Speaker 1: Any anxiety and it's it's already finished, Like I don't you know how in life sometimes we put ourselves in these situations where it's like, why am I cramming for the exam?
Speaker 2: Why am I waiting to the last second.
Speaker 1: So this year, that tree, you guys, I promise you is going to be up before November first in this house.
Speaker 2: In fact, it might happen this afternoon. Who knows.
Speaker 1: So yeah, Jonathan Lormie, don't yeah, light that pumpkin candle and get in the mix. Why wouldn't you enjoy it? I'm not gonna lead the decorations of after Christmas. We got to take that shit down. We can't be like rolling into January and February with the tree still up, like no, let's come on, there's some eating our pumpkins outside, Like I don't know if it's a crow, if it's a possum. Maybe we have a grizzly out front, but something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, really, And.
Speaker 1: Then Jared goes and then I think they they flipped the pool chair over. Well, the pool chair is math and I can't even flip it over. And I was like, what do you think we have a grizzly in the backyard. No, the gardeners were here yesterday.
Speaker 2: Relaxed.
Speaker 1: No, some some flip the pool chair over. I love the cloths came and pulled it. It flipped it upside down.
Speaker 2: I love it. I love it.
Speaker 1: Just yes, go ahead and put those Christmas decorations up and you enjoy yourself. Okay, yeah McDaniel twenty seven. What's your pregame warm up playlist? What gets you ready for a broadcast? Let's fucking go, It's right, LFG. I love Steve put together a calm down playlist for our live show that we did. I I listen to that a lot actually, and I'm depends on the location of where our game is. Yeah, Like when we were in Atlanta, there was a lot of usher, there was a lot of ludicrous.
Speaker 2: You know, who's the DJ.
Speaker 1: Shuram is always the DJ. On the way to the stadium, so a little behind the scenes. We all drive together in a big shuttle. We all sit in the same seats that we do every single week. Wit is in the front seat because he's large and in charge and in the front and the captain and he just needs to like protect us all. So he's in the front. Tony and fitzit in the first row, Taylor and I sit in the second row. Sherm as in the third, and yeah, it's just Dominique is in the back and we just we Yeah, we have a great party. Sherm has like a little speaker he carries around on his backpack and just pumps music.
Speaker 2: Great DJ, a lot of jo Tosy. He brings it back to.
Speaker 1: A lot of nights and yeah, but music to see this weekend.
Speaker 2: Great music. Music gets me in the mood. You know, I've been in.
Speaker 1: A real The Weekend ariana Grande Radio so light and fresh. Sabrina Carpenter always comes on. But yeah, that's kind of my I like the Weekend's new song. I don't even know if it's new. I'm so not hip anymore. But I don't know anything. I don't I don't care about it. I mean remember those now hits one two. I think I'm just on for the CD version. All right, you guys, we've got a lot to discuss. I think big show.
Speaker 2: Join us Thursday. Calm Down with Erin and Carissa is a production of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 1: For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.