Speaker 1: I mean. The thing that people say to me the most, which is what makes me really just more in love with this work every day is I trust myself more and I feel capable.
Speaker 2: Jenni Zo is the world leading expert in human design and creator of the Aligned Human Design app. Since discovering human design in twenty thirteen, Jenna has turned a complicated science into something accessible and easy to implement.
Speaker 1: You come here as your authentic self. You know, you're just naturally living the way that you organically would. But then you live in the world, and the world says you should be more like this or whatever, and so you get further and further away from living according to your just like nature. So what human design does is it gives you this very practical manual for how to use your specific energetic body.
Speaker 2: What do you think stops people from being able to connect to their most authentic self?
Speaker 1: Your authentic self is glorious. There is no other thing worth doing with our time here than just to dare to discover what you actually are.
Speaker 2: Welcome to a Really Good Cry podcast. A Really Good Cry is here to help you understand your body, feel confident in your skin, manage your emotions, and take back control of your health because growth doesn't always start with answers. Sometimes it starts with a really good cry. Thank you again for having me, No, Jenna, thank you.
Speaker 1: So it's very much fun here.
Speaker 2: I have been deep diving into you and human design, and I have to say I'm a little bit obsessed. Over the weekend, I had one to three of my friends and my husband and me and I did everyone use your quiz to do everyone's human design? I would love to get into it because I feel like it's something that I've heard people talk about a lot, but only when I started resetting you I understood how much how powerful it can be in your life. So could you give me the most layman, simplest terms definition of what human design is?
Speaker 1: Okay, So it only came about into the world like forty years ago. It was channeled in nineteen eighty seven. And it's a combination of a lot of other pre existing modalities, so astrology, yeah, the eaching, the chakra system, and the kabata.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's a mixture of all of that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, yeah, So Alec, the most obvious thing to think about it is it's a literal map of your energetic body.
Speaker 2: Your aura.
Speaker 1: And so imagine like you come in here with this specific essence, and you have this manual on how to use your energy, how you give it, how you exchange it, how you optimize it, the different gifts that are inherent to you, your specific essence, and there's this manual that's laying here that no one's given you before. What happens is you come here as your authentic self. You know, you're just naturally living the way that you would like organically would But then you live in the world and the world says, well done for going to help someone do this when you didn't want to, or you know, you should be more like this or whatever, and so you get further and further away from living according to your just like nature. So what human design does is it gives you this like very practical manual for how to use your specific energetic body. And you think about it as the soul is actually around the body. It's the body that just sits inside the soul. So it's just the one tiny physical representation of all that you are. But when I'm sitting with you, your area is six feet wider than yourself, right right, our auras are intermingling I'm feeling all this exchange of energy that's going in and out of you the whole time. How you're using your gifts, how you're optimizing your brain, how you're digesting things, information and food, all these different components. And even if I'm not able to pinpoint what I'm actually picking up from you, I still am picking up like everyone's an energy reader. So what we want to be doing is we want to be showing up as our most organic self, our most natural self, because that's when people gravitate towards us the most of when people respond to us better, that's when things kind of go our way. So it's just like a very practical manual for how you actually become your real self. It's like a half spirituality but also very mechanical, which I really like the marriage of those two things.
Speaker 2: I love the marriage of that. And I love what you said about there being this like six foot aura that's around us because it's so true. I mean, if there's so many things that we can't see in the world that exist, and I think it's really sometimes difficult for people who are you know, there's so much black and white in this world too, where it's like this is what is true, and this is what is not based on what you see, based on what science can prove. But then there's this whole world that exists where maybe we can't even put it into numbers. You might even not be able to put it into something you can see or make math out of, but it exists because you can feel it, and sometimes that's so much more powerful even than the things that you can experiment on.
Speaker 1: Yes, one hundred percent. And so one of the components inside your human design chart is your authority, which is basically how your intuition functions, right, Like everyone's intuition is slightly different. And the reason why they call it your authority is because when you start to use it, you become the authority of your own life. Now what does that mean is like, not this is right because this will lead you to the success that you desire, and not sort of like working backwards to try and you know, co strategize everything so that you get to an outcome. It's like, oh, I'm trusting this even though I don't know how it's making sense, but I just have to do it. And that's where you know, the real unlock comes.
Speaker 2: I love what you said about the magnetic energy being when you're living your most authentic self, and you really do feel that in people, and it's actually quite a rare thing, I think, to experience in people. The main time that I've experienced it is with my spiritual teacher rather than Sami, and as soon as I met him, and every single time since, it's almost like, not only do I feel like he is radiating so much, like you don't even have to have him speak anything before you feel his energy, but also it feels like he sees you in a completely different way. And I think also what comes with authenticity is the ability to perceive other people better, Like, not only are you showing up with a specific aura, you're able to see other people without filter too. You're able to see other people's look into their eyes and maybe see a little bit more than an average person might if they're not living in the authentic self or if they've got all these filters in front of them. And so I definitely think it's something that you can feel, and you feel sparks of it in people too.
Speaker 1: Yes, and that's when you actually have more of a like confection. Yeah, you kind of want to get closer to them. And so what human design also says is that when you are living out of conditioning right, like your fear, your blocks or whatever, then you can't see the other person lying right, because you're running a story of reality rather than actual just reading energy and responding to it. So that's when you have all this like misunderstanding about other humans and all the judgments can exist and all of that stuff, But you dissipate that by just radically showing up as your real self as much as possible. Obviously, you know, not a lot of people, we don't all get it right all the time, but you know, just more and more we want to just be going in the directionally correct.
Speaker 2: It's a beautiful thing to aspire to, Yeah, especially if you've experienced it or scene around you like that. You know it exists. You said that it was created somewhat recently. Who created it?
Speaker 1: A man called rah Uru who who was a student of the eaching and a student of all those modalities, and it was basically, I guess he channeled it, downloaded it, whatever you want to call it. One day when he realized there was a pattern that was present in all of those things, and it was also like really, really into science. He really understood stuff that's even cutting edge now about things like neutrinos that are sub atomic particles that are made by the planets in our solar system. And he spoke about how, then, why do you take the birth time? Is because we are living in this big giant neutrino stream of all these sub atomic particles coming through our body right now, and they're particles that don't just bounce off you, they pass through you. So they literally carry an energy that kind of conditions you. And so the day and time you're born, you're born into a specific neutrino stream, and if you can measure that energy, that's the energy that your souliers to pop in through. And so if we measure that initial energy, that's the thing that you always have to come back to. So he was really really on the cutting edge of how he understood life sort of worked. But so many people.
Speaker 2: Don't know their birth now because I know for your human design you need your birth time, place and a date yeap. And from my experience of even asking my friends a lot of them, I think my mum knows my birth it's not my birth certificate. So is there a way to still be able to do it without having your birth time, like can it be as accurate or is it a guest then?
Speaker 1: So if you're born in the States, it's always on your birth certificate. Oh yeah, really UK and other places like we don't we want we say UK thing? Yeah yeah, yeah right way books and those kind of things. Yes, but there's two things you can do. One is you can, if you know, like let's say you're born between nine am and eleven, I would just edit the day and just like go through that window and see how much changes. There will be stuff that does change, but you can kind of at least go on the stuff that doesn't. Or there are some astrologers that do this process called astrological rectification more so and actually probably invade there. They're better or they do this more because what they would do is they'll sit down with you for like three hours and they'll say, okay, well were you thirty two or thirty five when you had an accident for example, And what they'll do is they'll look at places like where the moon was, and they can literally work backwards to figure out your exact birth time. It's amazing actually how they do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I am when I was doing my human design on your website, I had put in one time that I think my mom had told me, and then it was like an hour difference. And then when I saw there was like maybe one or two things that were a little bit different, but it wasn't drastically different. Yeah, okay, So I feel like any need to break down human design a little bit and the different kind of characters that you could be. I don't know what do you call them? Characters? But tell me what you gain from actually doing your human design, Like what are the practical things that people will will receive by even taking this test?
Speaker 1: Okay, I love that question. So there's so many components, kind of like going in astrology, right, you have your sun, your moon, your rising, so on and so forth. Human design is the same thing, and it goes super deep. So you can go from the basic thing, which is your energy type, which is just how you're supposed to exchange energy with the world around you. There's five of those energy types. We can cover those. But then you also have your authority, which is how your intuition functions. You have your profile, which is sort of like the archetypes you embody. Then you have all the different gifts that you possess. You know, like, what are you good at? What are you naturally good at? There's sixty four different gifts. You have your incarnation cross, which is the purpose of your life. Here, there's one hundred and ninety two of those. Then you have and there's many different gifts you can possess, right, you don't just have one out of the sixty four. Then you have your digestion, your environment, your perspective, your motivation, the way you manifest specifically or non specifically. You have I mean, there are so many different things to it. It's kind of it's still mind blowing to me because there's just always more to learn.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when I saw the map, I was like, whoa, this is beautiful number one, but also so intricate. I have done astrology here and there in the past, but it's something that I never really I had my birth shot down from when I was bored. My mum had that, but since then I've never seen an astrologer. No, really, no, this is probably the first time. Even when I did my chart with you online, I also then this was the first time I found out when my rising in my moon was because I was like, well, while I'm doing this, we also dig into that a little bit. But the archetypes. When I did it with my friends, we all had like different types of archetypes. Could you go into them a little bit more?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so your energy type. There are five different types, which means that there are five different sort of general ways that you. Let's say we have five different kinds of engines. It's like you can be, you know, an audi, or you can be a jeep. Right, It's just that car is going to have a different speed at which it runs out of energy, a different speed it can go, you know, the way the engine revs up. It's literally like that, and so it's less of a personality thing and more of than an energy thing. Right, So there are five You have manifestors, manifesting generators, generators, projectors, and reflectors. What do you imagine.
Speaker 2: Projector are you yeah? Okay, well are you.
Speaker 1: I'm a projector too? Oh yeah yeah. Now, so manifestors will start with those. They are the people who they have the really big aura. They have the biggest aura, and it's a very noticeable aura. So it's like when they walk in the room, you feel it, and it's not because they're being allowed and kind of making themselves known. It's because it's very sort of piercing and specific.
Speaker 2: Oh I know people like that.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, And so those people are either at two hundred percent or at twenty percent in terms of their energy, meaning that they aren't able to be consistent every single day. They're either on and they're really on, and when you don't see them, they are like completely dead to the world. And that's a good thing because they're supposed to kind of work in bursts and sort of do things that really create movement in this world. So they kind of flick the dominoes. So you have to have this big engine to do the flicking and then just kind of sit back until the next urge comes to you and then let those ripples sort of happen in the world. Now, that doesn't mean that other people can't have impact. It's none of those things. It's just energetic. So you think about people like JK Rowling, you know, she writes a book and then you don't see her, you know, or Adele she has an album called eighteen and then she disappeared, and then there was twenty one, and then she dis and then there was twenty five, but when she's there, you're like really feeling her totally. Yes, So that's what manifestos are. And so the way they're supposed to use their energy is like that with everything. So even the way you work out, like you go hard for three weeks and then you just want to lay around and do nothing for a week, you know, Okay, So you think about the conditioning of all the stuff we get told. It's like, you know, you got to wake up every day and have the same routine or do that. It's like for some people it really doesn't work, but the suffering comes from thinking of failing instead of understanding your machine.
Speaker 2: Yes, I was just about to say that how useful that would be for someone to think, Oh, maybe I am supposed to run out of energy a little bit, and maybe I am supposed to be someone who becomes a hermit for short periods of time. And it's not weird and it's not unconventional. It is just who I am, and I am able to settle into that exactly. So my sister is one, and she's an actress, and so she can literally do sixteen hour days on set and also train for a half marathon and then afterwards she's just like you don't see her, you know, so stuff like that where you're like, oh, I don't know how you're doing it all at the same time, and then all of a sudden you're not able to you know exactly.
Speaker 1: And that's just energetically correct for them. Now, the reason why they are supposed to embrace being that way is because they do start movements. They are those people who have a big impact and they create movement for other people to respond to, right, so we all then react to them and then that's it. So they're not necessarily supposed to see the thing the whole way through. If that makes sense, magical, that's manifestors as manifestors. Okay, then you have so generators and generators are I mean literally, like the name suggests, they generate energy for other people and for themselves. And a generator is literally almost like a joy machine. So what does that mean is a generator does what they love. Their system creates so much good energy it spills out of them and it lifts other people up. So you think about people who just do what they love, and you get high off them doing what they love, even though you don't necessarily like it as well. So you have like the Oprahs of the world. And my husband was generator really yes, so it's like that yea, it is oh cool, that makes sense for him. So it's like the Oprahs, the j Loo's, the Beyonce is like, even if you don't love their music, they're just like sparkly and you just like love them being or like you just like being around them because they create this. They're ruled by the sacral center, right, so when they're doing what they love, it creates so much productivity and creativity and that kind of like sparkly magnetic thing. Again, it's not jazz hands magnetic. It's just like you know, juicy that it makes other people gravitate towards them, and that lifts other people up, even if they don't know how or why. Even if that person is making paper clips and you're never going to do anything with paper clips in your life, you just like feeding off that energy.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: So the issue with generators though, is that because they get used to giving that good energy to people, and because they obviously get praised for it in childhood specifically, they then it's that well done for doing something you didn't like. But they can't generate the sacrald can't turn on when they're doing something they don't enjoy. So where the trap becomes is like, oh, well, you should help your friend move because that's a kind thing to do. But if you've not be lit up by it, you've been in that room, but you haven't net net left anything positive in that room. But then you're like, why do I feel flat? And actually that person didn't even appreciate it, right, So it becomes a real funny one. And they're really black and white generators. It's just either yes or no. It's like the gut is black and white, so think you no, do I feel this like? And it's visceral too. They're very ruled by the body. So it's like if I kind of sit up in my seat at the idea of it, that means I had to do it. And if I'm just like this, there's no amount of talking myself into it that's going to make me enjoy it, right, So that's them. They are the people who are very consistent, meaning they wake up with a certain amount of battery in the day they wake up, they use that battery. When they finish the battery, then it's time to go to bed, and then it just renews the next day.
Speaker 2: What happens when these people are out of alignment.
Speaker 1: So when generators are out of alignment, they are flat, they are burnt out, they are frustrated, because frustration is what we call their signature sort of not self, which is the sign that you're out of alignment. Feel like nothing's happening, or they feel like energy isn't moving through their bodies. They feel like they're trying but nothing is happening. Sometimes they get like a bit rutty, I call it, you know, you just like want to like it's almost like an engine that can't really do anything. Manifestos get angry, so that means like why is no one helping me? What isn't you know? Why is this not happening? They just get mad at things. Wow, fascinating, Yeah, And so that's a very consistent energy. We live in a world that is actually built for generators in a way, because generators like they can wake up and do the same joy thing every day and it compounds so the longer they do it, they get kind of much bigger returns by just devoting themselves to doing the same thing all the time, and they can just wake up and they can do it again, and they can do it again, and they can do it again.
Speaker 2: Are they people who generally know? They sound like people who know what they want in life, like or you know.
Speaker 1: It's funny because it's visceral. So if you're a generator and you don't know what you want to do in your life, you can't be like, what do I want? Because they don't respond well to open ended questions. Ah, it has to be a yes or no. So if you're a generator who's trying to figure out whether it's like do I have a SMOOTHI or not? Or whether it's whatever I want to do with my life, you do okay, well do I prefer gardening or cooking?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: Then they can answer what do you want for dinner? Becomes do you want Chinese or Japanese? They can answer that.
Speaker 2: Wait, that's so okay, Yeah this makes sense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's so good. So they're really really black and white people. So if you want to get the best out of your generators, you just got a narrow stuff down and they can do it for themselves too. Yeah, okay, give us the next one. So then you have manifesting generators, and they are a blend, a hybrid of manifestors and generators, So they have the spontaneity of manifestos and that sort of big spontaneous thing, but they also have the engine of the generator to be able to kind of like carry things through and to kind of do things consistently. So these people are the classic multi hyphenates. They are the people like the Angelina Joli's, both the Beckhams Tony Robbins, like they're doing twenty five hundred things that seem completely unrelated and yet somehow it just works right. And that's because they are supposed to be multi passionate, and they are supposed to just allow themselves a little bit to the second I get bored or something, it's time to just jump to the next thing, because they pick up stuff really fast, so they don't need to spend six months learning the hot They can be like in it for two weeks. They get bored, it's a sign it's time to move on, right, because they've done whatever they need to do. They picked up some kind of skill that will come in handy. They don't have to do what generators do, which is master something right so they're just here to kind of like dip their toes in many things and then forge a path that no one has forger pause. You think about Jessica Albert who has her baby company and she's acting and producing and whatever. If she said that at the beginning of her career, people will be like, no, you have to pick one, right, But she didn't and it works right. So that's where they get really tripped up because they're like, they're programmed for this mastery thing too, but they can't do what generators do, you know, and they get bored more quickly.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: The thing with them is that it can't make sense the path, and the path is really not going to make sense, you know that advice of like the path doesn't make sense. Yeah, it's like so true for them because you can't trip yourself up with your identity of what you are in the sense that if you're making candles and then all of a sudden you're like really excited by something else, you can't be like, oh, but this doesn't work or this doesn't go you know, I have to choose one. Like all of that kind of stuff that stops people from just being able to play and create in this world which they really need, really need, and if they don't so like they can do that, that's when they get really stuck because they just feel like limited and contrived and put in a box for others, when you know it's always us who are doing it to ourselves. They're putting themselves in a box. You know, they've absorbed that conditioning and then they're carrying it with them.
Speaker 2: Okay, so that was the manifesting generator generator. Okay, so we've done three so far. There's two more, right, yes, Okay.
Speaker 1: Then we have projectors now, projectors unlike the other three, which are called energy beings, meaning that they create their own energy. Projectors actually we have what's called an open sacral center. So do manifestors, but they create their energy in a different way. We have an open sacrel center. So what does that mean is that we feel the sacral energy of other people and also of the world. The world runs on sacral energy. It's productive, it's appetite, it's desire, it's go, go go, it's consumed. Projectors we amplify that when we feel it. If it comes into you, into your sacral as a two out of ten, you can feel it in an eight out of ten kind of way. So what does that mean is that when you're on your own, you're not able to create that energy yourself. When you're around other people, you feed off it and you can get high off it. Now, what we go really wrong is that we believe that being eight out of ten all the time is the way we need to be. So then we will plug ourselves with all this energy, try and pretend that we can consistently be aid out of ten, and then we burn out because it's not our natural state. We're supposed to expose ourselves to it specifically and intentionally ride off of it to get stuff done for maximum two to three hours a day in terms of like actual productivity, and the rest of the time being your natural inherent state. Now, the reason why that is is because projectors I like to say, we're like the birds up on the trees. You've got they's the tigers the bears on the ground, and they're like getting from it to be and they're doing stuff and they're forging pasts and they're rolling around in the mud, right, and we are like a bird that's like, okay, but try not to go in that mud because you're going to see you. It's going to be bad for your left legs, so just go this all right, right, But if we come off the tree and try to roll in the mud, we won't be able to see that. So the more you try to be productive, the less you're able to do your gift, which is actually help other people do something in a more efficient way. And we are all obsessed. You can spot a projector from mile away because if you say the word efficiency gains to them it's like hi, woh, I go hi.
Speaker 2: So we're all.
Speaker 1: Obsessed with like making things slightly better, tweaking things, observing things, you know, just kind of like constantly watching life.
Speaker 2: Does that make Does that make projectors more likely to try and fix other people or like try to put the nose in where they weren't asked? Yes, yeah, I do that sometimes, yes, so a lot. Yes, yeah, But we can fix that. They didn't ask me about. But we can fix that. We're going to figure out a way to fix this.
Speaker 1: So you just said the key thing, which is our aura, is actually very piercing. It sees into the other. It's a projector, right, So what is a projector? It's a light that shines on another person and sees deeply into the other. But where we can get stuck is that we're looking into the shadow that it's also creating. Right, So we can often get stuck in all the things that are wrong or the dark that other people can't see, and we get bitter now because we see into the other, and other people do feel deeply seen by that interaction. Issue is that they have to wait to be invited. Projectors have to wait until someone has actually asked them, because if you volunteer your advice or your guidance without someone asking for it, you don't feel seen in return. In there, and as a projector, you need to see you.
Speaker 2: Need to be for my advice. Yes, yeah, Why are you not following my advice that I gave you that you didn't ask for? Yeah?
Speaker 1: And so we feel bitter, we feel unappreciated, we feel on scene, and also it doesn't lead to success, which is the thing that it's supposed to lead to. So as a projector, the best thing you can do is just kind of keep on developing your seeing and see yourself as someone who has value to give, because again, when you see yourself as that that goes in your aura and then people are more likely to invite you. But when you're insisting on being invited, it doesn't work. So it's not like emailing people, let me put my product into your stores.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: That is like put throwing a ball against the wall, and that's smacking you in the face. It never works.
Speaker 2: We're basically vampires. We have to be invited in.
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, great, So our aura is like this, right, But a generator's aura is like warm and enveloping. Manifesting generators or is like loads of different globes. The manifesto is just like boom, and you're you know, like here I am and then I'm gone and you know what happened. Yeah, even when I'm just trying to keep to myself and sneak past you and get a coffee, You're like huh. And then you have reflectors. Now, reflectors are only one percent of the population. And the theory is that in the old days is you need a reflector in the center of society because a reflector, like the name suggests, is almost like a chameleon. They literally are someone who will mirror you back to you. And I know that we say that, you know, everyone is a mirror of you, but in such a deeper way than all other people because we are all solar beings, and reflectors are Luna beings, so solar beings like we shine where like the sun, reflectors are lunar, meaning that they are so open across all of their sharkras. Because all of their chakras are open, They're so open to whatever anyone else is going to throw at them that if they are not doing what they're not supposed to be doing, they can really show you what you are in such a deep way. Now, issue is that we live in a world where it's like know who you are? Who are you? I need to find myself whatever, And they get tripped up by if I'm around you and you're doing cooking, I'm going to think all of a sudden, I'm a cook. Yeah, And I make this my entire personality, and I'm going to announce all my social media that I am a cook. And then I'm going to go around a makeup person and I'm going to start a makeup line right, and I'm going to declare it with so much spontaneity. But actually, like the moon, they have to wait twenty eight days a full lunar cycle and see if something consistently feels ripe for a month before they know that it's true for them because what's happened over the course of the month, They've exposed themselves to all sorts of different environments, and they've then been able to see what was just kind of temporary and what was there to stay. So they're really supposed to be slow like the moon. They're not supposed to be spontaneous. They're supposed to kind of really just like not attached to identities, but enjoy actually feeling, like when I'm around you, what it's like to be you in a deeper way that no one can. So it's a really special experience to be a reflector. But again, you know we're all prone to conditioning.
Speaker 2: So thank you for explaining them so well. If I've got such an insight and I can almost see all the different people in my life that play into or that have those different qualities. One thing I struggle with with astrology, with human design, with these type of what would you call them not practices modalities, yes, is sometimes you can get so engrossed into it where like my friend was like, oh, this feels like me, but it feels like a version of me that I want to become. When he heard his he was like, a lot of this sounds like someone I want to be, but I'm not quite there yet. And the feeling of this obsession of wanting to almost like a self fulfilling prophecy. How do you maintain this balance of Okay, this is what I'm being told I am, and not trying to become that before you even feel it.
Speaker 1: One of the core tenets is trying to get all of us away from is how addicted we are to the mind, because the aura has so much more of a connection to the liminal guidance than the mind does. The mind, we're using it to try and make our decisions and to try to figure out our self identity. Right, we're addicted to using it on ourselves. What human design says is if you let something else make the decisions for your body. The mind is actually supposed to be turned out into the world, and everyone is supposed to become a genius at something. Right, You're supposed to use your mind to make your music. You're supposed to use your mind to you know, become a mixologist. You're supposed to use your mind to do such incredible things, and we're wasting it on ourselves. So what's amazing about human design is it says, Okay, here are all the different things you could learn about yourself, and that's where a lot of people it's very exciting, but it is also where a lot of people get stuck. There's only two things you need to know about your design, and you would, naturally, without even knowing all the other stuff, end up living that way without knowing how, which is really cool. So the only two things you would ever have to do is knowing your authority, which is your intuition and how it functions, and your strategy, which is just the main way that you're supposed to use your energy depending on what your energy type is. And if you only ever use your strategy and authority, everything else would fall into place. Now that's almost annoying to us because it's too simple and we don't like too simple, and it's difficult to do because where you need to know it applies and where the work is is in your daily life.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: Oh, actually, I need to start using my intuition to figure out if I want a green tea every day or actually do I want it? Some days and some days not, and that trips up our ego.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: So that's the beauty of human design, is that you don't have to measure yourself against the description of who you are. And I don't even care if people know the description of what they're supposed to be. I just care about people using their strategy and their authority. And you start to see really really fast how that just brings more flow into your day. And the best, I mean, the thing that people say to me the most, which is what makes me really just more in love with this work than every day, is I trust myself more and I feel capable.
Speaker 2: What do you think stops people from being able to connect to their most authentic self? Like, what is it that you see on a regular basis when you see clients.
Speaker 1: Who you think you have to be mostly for yourself?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 1: Because I think we easily blame it on while someone told me to do this, or someone told me to do that, But it's only because we've taken it on and we have this idea of what we want ourselves to be and how we want other people to perceive us. Right, So that sort of self perception that we've clung onto but then also, you know, I think, especially in the spiritual world, we run the risk of replacing one less spiritual identity with a new, more spiritual one, but that's still an identity. You know, they're still conditioning in the spiritual world. You have to be love and light, or you have to be calm, or you have to be peaceful, you have to talk the talk, and none of those things are are real. And so there's especially in this time I feel like where so much is changing, and human design actually predicted the changing of an era twenty twenty seven, which we're obviously seeing one era really crumbling down in a quickening process. But you know, especially in this time, I think that we are feeling so much ego death that it's so understandable to try and then just replace one ego with another one, one persona with another one, where actually it's so much harder and you have to be so much more unafraid to just completely jump off the path and just go rogue almost. But human design is called the science of differentiation and de hoomogenization for that reason, And you are going to feel like a freak, and you are going to feel like maybe that's going to make you not successful or not get you the things you want and whatever. But what's amazing about this time is I really feel like people realize that they're suffering too much not doing that.
Speaker 2: Right. Do you think that there are specific things that people can do on a daily basis to bring them back to themselves, to like constantly keep trying to connect back to their authentic self? What does that look like? Yeah?
Speaker 1: You know, I think the really basic thing and even if you don't act on it, you can just start asking USLF this question is like if I could secretly do this my way, what would I do if I knew that it would work out? What's the way that it would organically? It just naturally occur to me? And even just asking that question I think really helps because it helps you realize that you have your own ideas. Yeah, you know, it opens your mind up a little bit where you go, oh, actually, i'm quite I'm quite ingenuous with this. Is that the word like I'm quite inventive, Like I have my own ways where you almost forget you have your own way.
Speaker 2: Right, you just get on a mechanical because you're something that you're so used to. And I guess that's what conditioning is right, you just get used to the same pattern, the same mindset that you're surrounded by. Yeah, and I often thinks sometimes it's also doing. The thing is that your mind first of all, says no to I think there's this thin line between intuition and protection. Your protection is saying no, don't do that. And it might be because of comfort, it might be because of conditioning. But then actually sometimes going outside of that box or outside of that limit is what allows you to gain that different perspective, allows you to see the different ways of doing things, you know, when you go to different countries, when you explore. I think exploring is such an important part of actually knowing your authentic self because you've been able to see what the other options are, rather than it being a conditioning or something mechanical that you're doing. Sometimes you need to know more to be able to decide for yourself what's actually for you. Does that make sense? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, And we have so much more of a blank slate than we even realize that we have. Any moment, you can just completely recreate yourself, your life. Yeah, all this stuff.
Speaker 2: I would have never ever thought like there was no part of me when I was in London that ever wanted to leave London. No part of me wanted to travel, No part of me wanted to leave. I was so content being in the place that I was, and there was nothing wrong with that. I really appreciate it. But actually moving and going to New York was created a version of me, or expanded a version of me that I would have never even got to know. Like I don't think I would have ever met that person had I stayed in London in the same place. And it was the moving, the pushing, the going out of side of my comforts, and that would say all every part of me were saying, no, I don't want to do this. But there was a slight part of me that was like, but what if there's something wow? And like to actually go against the ninety nine percent and go towards the one percent that was in my mind. I could have thought it was intuition, but actually I think it was me needing to get outside.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: I maybe my intuition was that one percent and I wasn't used to listening to it.
Speaker 1: That's so interesting. Is there a quality that you noticed or that it woke up in yourself when you're in New York that you didn't know you had or had less of in London.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was autonomy over my own life. Like this idea of oh I actually am able to make decisions by myself. I actually am able to figure out what I want to do without thinking other people should be doing that for me. Oh I could if I want to be a yoga teacher, I could do a yoga teacher training and never wanted to do it again after the yoga teach training. But this idea of I always felt like I fit into a box, and New York allowed me to see that I'd created that box fully myself, and I didn't have to just exist within that and all these ideas I had created for myself. Oh you're not intelligent, so you shouldn't be doing this. Oh you're not this, you should just be sticking to these little areas of your life. But exploring that allowed me to see, oh, yeah, actually some parts were true. I'm not really good at that, but so much more was true than I thought was possible.
Speaker 1: That's so amazing. I think that's another one you can start to try on is when people say I'm not intelligent, you can go, well, it's not I'm black and white. There's probably some places I'm really dumb ye, and I'm also probably quite smart at some things, and just to challenge that and just be like, oh, yeah, I'm talented and I'm not. I love to be going and not like I don't like this whole introvert extravert or I don't like you know, smart people and creative people and this and that. It's like we all have everything, but even just telling us off those stories again and again, it just brings you smaller and smaller and smaller.
Speaker 2: It's what you said, even about the person making the paper clips. And every time I leave somewhere and sometimes I'm like, oh, I felt so dumb in that room. And he was like, yeah, but if they asked you, if you start talking about ivado, or if you start talking about cooking, or if you start talking about all those things. Find they were talking about politics, and you didn't know find they were talking about I don't know. Someone was a poet and they were talking so like beautifully and FLI I was like, I can't speak like that and it was amazing, and he was just like, no, they're amazing in what they are doing. We don't have to be incredible all types of conversation. But if someone asked you about what lights you up, or cooking or nutrition or health, you'd be able to speak in the same way, and they might not be able to. And it's interesting when you go into a room filled with people who are different from you, rather than feeling less than I think it's a reminder to yourself of, oh, but this is the quality that I hold. And I think it's very normal to sometimes have that lessoned in you when you walk into a room of people who know different types of things, rather than holding your ground and realizing, oh, I can provide something different. I love.
Speaker 1: One of the things this has really taught me actually is, you know, it's so easy to feel I guess, threatened by other people who are in their light. But once you really not just kind of conceptually see what you're good at, but just actually really make yourself bring it out of you every single day, you do start to fall in love with just in a very objective way. Just you just do fall in love with the costume that you came to wear. And then you can just like get to enjoy other people who're like, oh wow, yes, this kind of human and this kind of human and this and aren't they so cool? It's like a multiplification of enjoying every different kind of role that exists that we're all here to kind of like play different ones. It's so much fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I feel that's the same. It kind of aligns with confidence as well. It's like the more that you feel confidence, the more you're able to appreciate other people's beauty, other people's skills, other people, and you feel less threatened about even the ones that are in the same kind of work or even the people who are in the same kind of proximity as you to what you do. You actually get a deep appreciation for them. The more you feel grounded or in your authentic self, I imagine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think.
Speaker 2: So are there certain types like the five that you mentioned? Are there ones that are more compatible, like in relationships that are more compatible, or some that actually really struggle with compatibility.
Speaker 1: So my favorite favorite thing about human design is that when you understand yourself and you understand the other, that's the beginning of love right self love of others. Yeah, So what I always say is that there are no types that are incompatible, and I mean across every board, across gifts, skills, whatever, But compatibility is created, not fated. So what does that mean? So the mechanics of human design is that everyone has what's called a magnetic monopole inside them, which is basically this magnet that gets created when the soul and the body get kind of put together, fuse together, and they make you that's standing in front of me, this physical thing. Right, it's almost like those two things come together, but they get held together by this magnetic monopole inside. Now, again, the existence of monopols is something that even scientists right now are trying to find. And ra was like they're inside humans, like they are driving us towards our destiny if we get out of the way and we use our authority correctly. We have this magnet. Now, this magnet is drawn to people, places, and things. So and you probably you know, everyone can relate to. When you are into a guy and you see every single you know, Heala and Sharman and whatever, and they all tell you that he's wrong for you, there's something that still draws you to that person. Right, So in human design they say you are drawn to certain people for certain amounts of time, and when that magnet stops that's when you're done. Okay. So yes, there's stories about he did this and she said that, and then I move whatever. But there's also just this draw, and for as long as the draw's there, you can't fight the draw.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: So what you have to do is that you have to accept that your path is kind of drawing you towards a certain direction, and you go with it. But you learn the other and you learn yourself. So what does that mean? Okay, if you are a generator in a relationship too, generators in a relationship, Okay, this is one of them. This is the example that my teacher taught me. They come home from work, long day at work, and they're both tired because they've done what lit them up. Okay, she wants to go to the movies, he wants to watch sports. So then they try and do the generator thing and compromise and then they watch a movie. But then neither of them is happy. Right, what they should have done is she should have gone to the movies, he should have watched sports. They come home, they're both it up. Now what happens. They're both really into each other, they're really fascinated. Then you stop, it's better, right, But instead of being like, oh, we've got to do it the way that the normal relationship works, then it dwindles the juiciness. So it really comes into actually, when you are with someone, it is such a privilege to support them being their natural self, because even if it goes against what you want for them, it's gonna make it the best relationship. And that works for kids, that works for parents, that works with brothers and sisters, that works with friends, it works for everyone. If you can get out of your own mind about what you need them to be for you, you can actually be so surprised and tickled and delighted by what happens when you invest in helping them become their real self.
Speaker 2: That's so true. Even when I was struggling to I was really struggling to forget what I wanted to do when we first moved to New York. And I sometimes go through that fairly often. I'm like, am I doing the right thing? And even when I kept asking Jay, like what do you think I should be doing? And how do you think I should live my life? And should I just travel with you everywhere and just do whatever you're doing. And the first thing we'll be is like, no, I want you to find what makes you happy, Like you need to do what makes you happy, and I don't want you to just do what makes me happy because that's not going to make you happy. You're gonna end up coming like coming to all these places, but you don't even like being in this social situation. So it's gonna it's gonna make you fundamentally unhappy, and seeing you unhappy is going to make me unhappy. And so every time we talk about like going to work events or doing anything, he's like, I don't need you to go, and I don't want you to go because I'm going. I want you to go if you want to go. And we realized that there are so many things that we different. For example, we were just talking about our weekend that just went, and he loves going and going out on the weekend day, like going out walking around. I love being a hermit and I need to be at home and I need to just like regain my energy and I need to sit sometimes in like a quiet room and just do nothing the whole day. Yeah, And so what we realized was when we were compromising, I'd go out and I'd be there, but not there, he'd stay in, but he'd be kind of like edging to do something or like pottering about. So then we just made it half the day. He'd go out and he'd spend his half day going out shopping and hanging around, and I'd stay at home read. And then in the after we've come back together and you can see he's so happy he's gone out. I'm so happy I've stayed in, and then we get to actually connect and exactly what you said, that's quite fascinating.
Speaker 1: My parents are the same, but the other way around, and so my dad likes staying home mom and Mom is so social and it took them twenty five years to figure that out, you know, but they're so much happier now.
Speaker 2: So once someone has figured out their human design, or they've seen their chart and they've somewhat deciphered it, is that something you just have to do once and then once you know it, you just have to implement it into your life, or do you regularly come back to it in a different way.
Speaker 1: So what I think is cool is, you know, like those books that really change you, Like there's a handful of spiritual books where you read them two years later and you get them in a whole different way. So the chart never changes, you understand it differently. But where the rubber really meets the road, where the magic really happens is in how you implement it every single day. It's like, if you have the same manual, you have to keep using the manual. So that's why I have that app is because I want people to really get like they get a daily customized tip every day. So it's like, okay, how do you pack as a projector and that would be different than how you would pack if you're a manifesting generator or if you're emotional or non emotional, or how do you figure out where to put your kids in school? How do you parent a kid that's a man gen versus a projector?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: And then different profiles as well, like how do you show up socially if you're a three five or one four? They're all different components. And then I was telling you before we got on we have the AI, so now you can be like, okay, well how do I decide how to you know? You say, my husband's a generator, he likes going out. What do I do as a projector? And that's what helps you really ball down the few simple platitudinal truths into real life, because I think even if you here be the light, it's like, yeah, we love the idea, and we've heard it so many times. I actually be the light in lies. And that's where I'm really concerned actually at the moment with how do I put this? And I say this because I was like this myself. Is that sometimes when you get so when spirituality really gives you such a bomb, you want to retreat to it and almost keep it separate to your life where to retreat to, But then you can still spend so many years feeling like you haven't moved the needle forward on your life. Right you know, say that so you feel like you want to hear, like you want to bathe in the wisdom of like be the light and you want to bathe in the wisdom of you know, God is everywhere and all these things, and it feels so good, But then it doesn't necessarily help your self esteem, and I mean esteem of self knowing that you're capable and that you're sovereign unless you've actually challenge yourself to be like the light in places where it's been difficult for you. Right you know, like, where are you less loving than you could be? Or where is it hard for you to not be so judgmental?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: You know what I mean. That kind of stuff is the stuff where you feel like prime actually pretty great, and not because I'm better than other people, but because we have this divine inside us, you know. But if I don't use it, I'm not going to know it's there. So that's where I really that's where I created the app because I wanted people to a not have to pay three hundred and fifty dollars for a session and wait a year and a half it's a price of a arte and you get the daily like I need this? How do I do this according to my authentics? Yes, you know, because that's what I think.
Speaker 2: I would want now if I was to put it into practice on a daily basis. Can someone be really successful in what they're doing without knowing this part of their human design? And can it help in every area? Like does it help you figure out how you should be making money? Does it help you figure out your relationship with different things? Like is there direction for each part of your life through figuring out your human design? Yes?
Speaker 1: So, for example, the authority which is the intuition. That's how you're supposed to be making those day to day decisions. But for example, there's something called your digestion, which is how you're supposed to eat food, but also how you digest life. You know, how you take in information that's oh yeah.
Speaker 2: Mine must taste.
Speaker 1: Oh does that make sense? I think that must be your strongest sense. Okay, yeah, yeah, that's a subcategory of a digestion. So you have what's called the for transformations in human design, which is like a sub section which is your dia congestion, are your environment, your perspective of your motivation. If you lived according to those four things, everyone would become a genius at something. But think about it like this, If you're not feeding your brain properly, you don't even have a fighting chance of being able to then spot the things you're supposed to spot, put them together in the unique way you're supposed to put them together, and then actually get them out into the world you're supposed to get them out to right. So it has so many sublays. And again with environment, like where do you thrive? Some people thrive when they're among the people, when they're in the noise, when they're on the ground. Some people thrive when they're kind of a bit higher up and a bit more removed. Some people thrive in dry environments or more humid environments. Some people are caves people, so they need to be in enclosed basis.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, or caves valleys.
Speaker 1: Yes, exactly so. And then you have your perspective, like where are you supposed to what parts? If we're both looking at a tennis ball, like, what are we supposed to both pick out different aspects of it? Right?
Speaker 2: So intricate?
Speaker 1: No, I love it so deep, so it has something to say about everything.
Speaker 2: What were the numbers you were mentioning earlier?
Speaker 1: Oh, that's your profile. Okay, so you have twelve profiles. Those are like the archetypes that make up who you are. There are six kind of like sub archetypes, and then everyone has two of them and they combine to make a specific one. So, for example, you have people who are three fives who there's a lot of actors and actresses who are three fives. It just means you have three and the five when they come together. You are someone who think about those people who were just like we live vicariously through them and they didn't like study anything, and they weren't naturally good at certain things. They just learned by like being knocked around by life. And then they had this equality where they've like fallen on their feet so many times, but it's like almost like a rom com their life and they just like carry it with this like very courageous energy and they want to like save the day for other people, and so you just love like watching how their life story is unfolded. But then you also have like four sixes who are more like regal and they like bring people together and things kind of evolve around them, and they're very into like you know, have a family, settle down, get married, reach wisdom at fifty, and then like spread it from one high.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: Then you have people who like always want to learn information, they always want to pass it on. You know. These are things that when you speak about them colloquially, you kind of go, oh, yeah, yeah, those are different kinds of people that I know.
Speaker 2: Definitely. Yeah. I really think everyone has to go out and get their human design done to really understand this. So I recommend people take do their human design and then listen to this all over again, because I feel like if I hadn't done my human design before before I sat down with you, it wouldn't I wouldn't have been able to understand all these different aspects of it. And I think it's so nice. Like you said, when you end up reading something over again, I think with this episode, I think, if you are learning it for the first time, do yours, and then come back again and listen to it, and I feel like you'll be able to understand yourself so much better through listening to it the second time. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And on the app you can which is just called a line. It's the a lineupp. Yeah, you can literally just get a reading. So I basically read it whole entire chart. Do you just get a reading?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 1: A fraction of Because I don't like things being so expensive and spirituality, so I.
Speaker 2: Have to admit what I did was not. Probably the best option was I got my chart and then I because obviously I was seeing it. A few days later, I put into chutch GPT and was like, can you just explain this to me? But I would say that it was not It will end up giving a lot of generic answers for all of us, and we had different types. So I'm definitely gonna put mine through your app now because that sounds so useful. Is there anything that you'd want people to know? One about human design, but also just about their authentic self? Because I feel a lot of people are more sad in the world because they're not connecting to their full potential or their authentic self, but can often feel really lost about or not even know that that's why they're upset, or not even know that that's why they're feeling unfulfilled. So if you have any.
Speaker 1: Little piece of advice for people to feel a bit lost right now, what's coming to me is that your authentic self is glorious. I think a lot of people worry that if they go off script and venture off the path, then they might discover they're not great as great as they think they are, or as what's underneath there isn't good enough, so they have to kind of like contrive something else. Because we have this slide that other people are doing life right and we're somehow flowed and we're getting it wrong and we're like defect, you know, humans, and that's just really not the case. And that's just as much ego as thinking are better than other people as thinking you're worse than people you know, and so there is no other thing worth doing with our time here than just to dare to discover what you actually are from a place of I know I'm made by the divine, so I'm gonna be enchanted by it. But I have to try, at least have to owe myself that just figure out what it is, even if you never do your human design or your astrology or anything. Just starting to notice and maybe trust a little bit more the way you would like to sequently do life, and just to give that part of your bit more energy. That's truly. I think where self love comes in is that you doing right by yourself, you making yourself proud. That's how self love comes.
Speaker 2: That's so beautiful. Yeah, I really I was thinking about this idea while you were saying that. Of imagine if every single person in the world, or even in everyone who evolves around you right now, everyone who knows who you are, they do their human design and they feel a little bit more connected to themselves. Let's say that's just a small step towards them feeling that way. Imagine then the ripple effects that all these people are then creating with their children, with their partners with the people that they meet, and the ability to impact other people's lives in a positive way becomes so much more available to them, and then the little bits of joy that increases. It's like such a collective thing. It feels like such an individual thing where I'm doing this human design thing for myself, or I'm finding out my astrology for myself, whatever it is that you're doing. But actually the impact that you understanding yourself or getting closer to your authentic self that you get that the impact of that is so much more widespread than what we probably can imagine, like the riplifect that it could create in other people just by us showing up as our closest to ourselves as we possibly can.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's so true that. And I've seen that time and time again, where you just give someone who doesn't even necessarily have curiosity for this kind of stuff, but you give them a little nugget about themselves that they actually am, Like they go, oh yeah, how, like I didn't even I kind of felt that about myself, but I didn't clock it, you know, And you just hear it from an answer source, you trust it more, and then they just give that part of them a bit more energy and a bit more validation, and then it gives them the courage to start leaning into it. You're absolutely right.
Speaker 2: I think one of the best things that I've experienced that other people have given me, and the best one of the best qualities that I think you can give to someone is or someone has is the ability to make others feel really good about themselves. And I think what you said that you can only really make other people feel good about themselves if you're feeling somewhat good about yourself. It ends up being such a beautiful exchange that you can have.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've tried to make other people feel good when I didn't and it's it's not that you can't do it, but it feels like you're muscling in log Yeah, it really is, Yeah, for sure. Whereas when you're going at it from a place where you just know that you're like tickled by the fact that we're all there, these divine beings like running around like doing and throwing in this weird life, and you just it's it's like a cuteness that you see in them, that there's a humor and a levity. Like whenever I've kind of gone to the other side. Yeah, whenever I've seen from the other side, it's just they're all giggling and they're all laughed. It's a levity and there's just joy in it. And when you just can see that in someone else because you've done the experiment on doing it to yourself, it's lived, it's cellular, it's visceral. You can give it in a way that feels much more effortless.
Speaker 2: I think, Yeah, so true. Oh my goodness, thank you. This has been amazing. I feel like I learned so much about this and honestly, I feel like I've gotten a little bit obsessed with it over the weekend and I'm looking so forward to one use your app also dig deeper into this for myself and understand the intricacies of it. Because everything you were saying, I was like, yeah, I feel like this is me, but I feel like I still have to come into I still need to explore it more and live it, like really understand the bit and then like see how I can live my life through it.
Speaker 1: That's when it becomes like I mean, that's when you just fall in love with life. It's the best.
Speaker 2: O good Jenna, Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Thank you for having me,