Speaker 1: Free.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah free remember remember one O six in park A j and free.
Speaker 3: I don't I'm a great show may on BT oh yeah right right British Entertainment Television. These characters don't know what b ET is. Going down my flat to watch a bit of BT.
Speaker 1: Layer British d Television Channel four.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I love it, mate, Yes, great, you've been well yeah been all right, yeah been well yeah, it's just excited but you you've got a good turnover and it's right right yeah. Well you know Blake as well of course.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah no, but yeah went to university.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, he's a bit younger than me, but he's still.
Speaker 1: Six.
Speaker 3: Yeah right, don't that in confidence?
Speaker 4: Mate?
Speaker 1: He's on the.
Speaker 3: What Hes Boy?
Speaker 1: Yay. Yeah.
Speaker 3: They used to call him Blazza, all right, blazer that that was the old me, mate, Blazzer gas Gas Blazzer today on the Daily guys in it.
Speaker 1: That's as.
Speaker 3: Good boys.
Speaker 1: The good boys are here. Come on, we got the good boys again, called the good boys with the good ball.
Speaker 4: Fuck me, the goods are here with the wrong group.
Speaker 3: Oh ship mate, the oppos is here. Oh yeah, my oppos is here. The good boys just bloody pulled up.
Speaker 1: Great, close your tab. The goo balls just.
Speaker 3: Rolling glass him again?
Speaker 1: I got my pint glass here even be mates, you're you're fucking.
Speaker 3: Have you man?
Speaker 2: I have ever seen somebody get hit with a pint glass?
Speaker 3: For that's all times. Yeah, they're harder than you think. I've never been hit, But I'm also like those are calling it getting glassed is like so like just terrible to be that comfortable with that happening.
Speaker 4: When you call it class, it's like a hammer. You might as well be using a hammer.
Speaker 3: Lost lost bull, showed the Temple night Alan Tippical, bore.
Speaker 1: A typical the ball at the footy.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, oh ship.
Speaker 1: Good ball.
Speaker 3: Don't like them? Fuck the talk nam al right, here we go.
Speaker 2: Um, what the fuck am I even doing here?
Speaker 3: This is gonna be such a bad Listen.
Speaker 2: Hello the Internet, and welcome to season four oh six, Episode three of the Day.
Speaker 1: Is that guys, reckon?
Speaker 3: Have I heard of radio Liza Parkers?
Speaker 2: We take a deep dive into America's shared fucking consciousness And guess what It's September seventeenth, And you say what national holiday is that? It's National Professional house Cleaner's Day, National Moni oh money, Crystal sandwich. I love a fucking Monte crystal deep fried fucking sandwich with powdered sugar on top. Yes, National Apple Dumpling Day and ironically Constitution Day and Citizenship Day while those things are being basically ripped apart, and also.
Speaker 4: Many last one Machery one, Yeah.
Speaker 1: The final Citizenship Day.
Speaker 3: Here we are.
Speaker 2: My name is Miles Gray aka ah Hush def fuzz.
Speaker 5: Mileshit is paying us at the back, go to bug gonna hang them up so they form a cruss with the type of people Mickey Club. Get stung again that for people who were just tuning in, we were talking about how people put their jeens in the freezer to clean them rather than worshing them.
Speaker 3: And then and then I just talked about how I ship my Jane all the time. It's whatever something, I mean, it doesn't even matter. Anyway. I'm thrilled to be joined today by my guest's co host CC.
Speaker 2: You're hearing me because Jack had had to do go do something, and which means I had to assemble some kind of weird crew and I said, get Wexler here. Now that's not a great intro, but guess what my co host is The one and only Blake Wexler.
Speaker 4: Hey, this is Blake Wexler aka Oh Alma Monter, dear thy name. We praise our voices, love inspired to the we raise, and we will cherish the days to come and think lovingly of em er Son.
Speaker 3: Fuck.
Speaker 4: That is apparently the song of my alma mater, Emerson College, and the alma mater of our of our goddamn guest as well.
Speaker 3: If I can, if I can cuss? Wait, really, you guys went to the same school. Oh yeah, wow, power.
Speaker 2: Brokers, and guess our guest today is a fucking power broker.
Speaker 3: We went to the power Serrando's school of Let me fucking finish. All right, Sorry, God, I'm hosting today, Blake. I never get to, so you do this.
Speaker 6: I don't care because I want to introduce our guest today. He is a fantastic gentleman, a scholar, a podcaster. You may have heard of his wildly fantastic podcast The Dollar.
Speaker 3: Okay, maybe you've seen.
Speaker 2: Him do stand up, Maybe you heard him on other shows like this one, maybe once or twice or will you accept this rose a bunch of times, so just fucking everywhere because the man's funny okay, and he likes a bit of an accent as well. Please welcome to the microphone, mister Garrett.
Speaker 1: Run All, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 7: Doing a lot of podcasts is not a barometer for being funny. I appreciate it. Oh yeah, well years ago maybe.
Speaker 3: Yeah. My mom's just like, well, you do so many podcasts, you must be funny.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, right, yeah, that used to be the way.
Speaker 1: I have so many podcasts now that people are like, are you what, what's going on?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is a problem. I agree, though people don't know there's I'm gonna I might be doing a couple more shows too in the upcoming future, and I don't want people to be like, are you okay?
Speaker 3: And then I get to say, well, my house fucking burned down, so no.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the My house burned down when I was in high school, and what an excuse for everything?
Speaker 7: It was just for four or five years, I'd be like, her house burned down, because that's what I dealt with.
Speaker 3: So your house burnt down in high school?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Oh shit, not fully but mostly sorry. I was playing with firecrackers on the side of the house and.
Speaker 3: I burned the door.
Speaker 1: It was Wisconsin. It was how you got a new house?
Speaker 3: I had you both beat.
Speaker 4: My dad got sick in high school, so I was just like, oh, yeah, sorry, I have a sick dad.
Speaker 3: I was sick. He ended up living, but barely, so I remember telling.
Speaker 4: And she goes, oh, yeah, well my house burnt down, and I'm like, that's not the fucking game we're playing here, because you're gonna.
Speaker 7: Oh, I will say, on behalf of Miles and I. Since your dad pulled through, yeah, I do think we win.
Speaker 4: Have a c Well, what's a dead house versus a barely Living's the currency exchange?
Speaker 1: How was his rebound? Did he was he? Okay? Okay?
Speaker 4: I would say it wasn't. I mean, he's fine. There's such a two ways I could take this, or I could lie. Aren't there do the ad version? Blad? My dad's fine. I'm gonna CoA with him coming up. It's called failing sideways with the Westlers and it's being Larry. Yeah, no, he's doing grades alive And yeah, you're right, I'm sorry to hear about your home.
Speaker 1: Miles wins.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I win, thank you?
Speaker 3: Any other questions?
Speaker 2: Didn't think so I was Osgar Schlatters when I was fourteen from Rmbynes. Yeah, yeah, Gareth, it's great to have you man.
Speaker 3: Always good to see you. Always good to have a bit of a loth with you as well. Giggle.
Speaker 7: Well yeah, well wait, let me say I've got my new eighteenth podcast called Next we Have, which everyone must go listen to.
Speaker 3: What's that about?
Speaker 1: It's about an hour? No, it's uh, it's basically uh, it's like it's like a lot of games with people.
Speaker 7: We do weird interviews, confess. It's like three to four segments of show that are just kind of hodgepodge pot pourri, random, but it keeps the attention span. I mean, it's like scrolling but on a podcast. Wow out Blake.
Speaker 1: So I don't know.
Speaker 3: Going to get that. I don't see any of our names here anything. I don't know.
Speaker 7: It's a new press, it's new. There's not a lot of this is I'm breaking that.
Speaker 3: When does it come out? What days?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 3: Fridays? Great?
Speaker 1: Nice? Try, nice try.
Speaker 3: You thought I was trying to trick you. You almost got me, Rachel, she went to my high school. Yeah, Old Joys and Arden.
Speaker 2: Wow, Bobby Leaf, fantastic, four Milk Brooks Wheeling. Okay, you got freaking Dave, Dave, Antony, Scott Ackerman, Randan Lee Mulligan for a D twenty dropout heads out there.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, Oh I.
Speaker 1: Touched Penis also repeatedly who yeah, y oak great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, dropouts got some fucking they got some drop out.
Speaker 3: Of that spot. They got it.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm like, God, I heard you guys are making money over there.
Speaker 4: Huh, I sound pre I was a shame where So I remember, like, you know, Barry Katz, who like the manager sounds like he's on nitrous.
Speaker 3: Was fired by every comedian who's yeah, every he's repped every comedian. Yeah.
Speaker 7: I remember literally twenty years ago, I was doing this like prank show in New York and he was represent he represented someone and we were in the back of the car and he was.
Speaker 3: Like, you have to start a podcast.
Speaker 1: And I was just like what he was like he got and I was like all right, man. And then it was like ten years later, I was like, god damn.
Speaker 7: He was so just like Dom Finner out for a while, but I was like, wow, he really yeah he did.
Speaker 3: Spooky Guy was onto something. Pooky Guy. Oh man, he looks spooky. I just look at his pictures. He was like, he looks like the most fashionable white walker.
Speaker 1: He's a haunt. That's a nice compliment, and that is yeah, that's great.
Speaker 3: Does that make sense?
Speaker 4: Like if I say that, like he looks like a white walker with his ship together, like he could get a job like a VP.
Speaker 7: Is this he looks like a white Lives Matter walker?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, no, he is.
Speaker 1: He's Yeah, he's represented everyone, wow, except for me.
Speaker 7: Probably. He was the guy who made Dane cook large. Really did he invent the superfinger too?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: No, stop, no, no, no, that was that was Thomas Edison created. Remember that? Did you ever you the superfinger? Earnestly?
Speaker 4: No, dude, I try to. And that's what burnt my house down there, the super fingers.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can only do it on the night Dane has a show.
Speaker 3: You do get a curse, yeah, and then will not cover And then you date someone of a questionable age.
Speaker 1: Okay, so America, like you can groom at fifteen and eighteen. That's a lot. Thank you everybody.
Speaker 2: Jesus Christ, we're back, aren't we. All right, Well, Gareth, we're gonna get to know you even better. But first we're just gonna take a trip down the dock here to let people know what we're going to talk about. Trump wants you to think fentanyl will make you a spooky blue ghost to go into.
Speaker 3: These new PSAs.
Speaker 2: They're not quite on the Aronofski level of the meth ads from like the ots if you remember those that, like the Montana methads that were like jarring. These are like they're like an old Grandpa's like dare like lecture about drugs. It's like, okay, well we're this. This isn't resonating with me generationally. We'll talk about that. We'll look at one or maybe two of those. We'll also just check catch up with the Attorney General, Pam Bond. He's just making up laws now in the wake of that thing that happened in Utah with that guy. There's been a huge uptick in authoritarian talk of jailing people who are speaking ill of said guy. And she's now just being like, there's hate speech, and there's hater speech, and being a hater is also hate speech, which is also not free.
Speaker 3: Well, it's very convoluted, so she can't make laws that's not part of her part of her jurisdiction.
Speaker 2: I mean, honestly, it's it's kind of like a choose your own adventure.
Speaker 3: I think when you work in this administration.
Speaker 2: Like you can kind of be like, yeah, I'm pretty sure I can do this until you know someone going to say anything. So no one's gonna say anything. The courts will back me, So why not? Why don't I call this to this Tuesday is actually bosday and that's now ordained.
Speaker 3: That's not a good joke.
Speaker 2: And then we're gonna talk about social media companies like also, just like the amount of graphic violent content that's on social media now. I was mentioning this last week. I'm like, we're it peak, just watching awful Ship on our phones for some reason.
Speaker 3: No warning, no warning at all.
Speaker 2: And I think, and I think it's got to do with these algorithms and the olive archs who control all of our fucking social media.
Speaker 4: The algorithm exactly when you're here.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, that that olda has got rhythm, doesn't she.
Speaker 2: All right, let's get into it, Gareth some from your search history.
Speaker 3: That's really about who you are, what you're into right now?
Speaker 7: You know, I uh saw I could you know when sometimes you'll be on uh, you'll be watching something on Instagram from a or like TikTok from a random and then it'll scroll refreshed and then you're like.
Speaker 1: What, well, no, my thing, Yeah what was the account?
Speaker 7: So I saw this thing about a guy breaking the record for run backwards and high heels. It was like the most field good he like it felt like how the news used to end itself, Like we'll be like that. Also a man broke the record and and so I searched that this morning and watched that and actually was like, see good, things are still happening because he's flying backwards at his heels and yes, a man had to do it, ladies.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 7: Sorry, this guy's fucking legs. His legs are dare I say, holy.
Speaker 3: Shore nothing those are nothing. Stop you got to look at those. Oh my god, this motherfucker is cooking.
Speaker 2: Also, can he play cornerback or free safety only in heels?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, going backwards? He's like, I will have I like it.
Speaker 7: And then he does do that. He takes him off right away. He's like that hurt if he.
Speaker 2: Takes him off and he just blows him like a smoking gun barrel it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, baby, he's got.
Speaker 4: His heel host holsters a on the ships. Yeah wait, so that was that was my favorite search of reasons.
Speaker 2: So their record was one hundred meters in sixteen point five seconds. The last one was twenty damn.
Speaker 3: Did I think I could do? Do you think I think you can do this? Nothing?
Speaker 1: I would love to see you start to pursue the.
Speaker 3: Wrect backwards high heel sprinting.
Speaker 2: Yes, bro, this I might have to come for this guy's record.
Speaker 1: I would love that.
Speaker 3: Now, could you engineer the high heel to wear it facing the way that you're going or is that against it? Doesn't know? They were saying, no, you can't do that. You can't.
Speaker 2: I think it's fine because if you really think about it, No, absolutely you can. You just stay on your toes the whole time.
Speaker 1: No, I'd like you guys to actually look. I brought up something fun and you're kind of rude, like, no, it's a pure sport.
Speaker 7: We're not going to start. Well, yeah, but I think it's time to move on. So what is someone else's search history? Because I'm not even going to do this. That's not how this works.
Speaker 3: To Gareth.
Speaker 4: No, don't mean no, what's something? What's something overrated? And so I'm sure you have no, stopped on that as well.
Speaker 1: That's part of the show.
Speaker 3: Okay, fine, what's the meant? This is a fucking disaster. I don't need you to tell me that, Blake. I'm sorry, you're fucking humiliating me in front of Gary recording.
Speaker 4: Alright, and we're back iHeartRadio.
Speaker 3: Let me ask the questions. I don't get to hold you don't give me any guidelines. Okay, fine, you get to do this one. You get to ask this one. Welcome back, everybody.
Speaker 4: We are listening to Overrated Underrated on the iHeart Media Studio. There's a lot of time we are kookie and we are crazy.
Speaker 3: Pam Bondi's doing something over there. Lord knows what it is.
Speaker 1: Her cook.
Speaker 3: The chef is in garth. What is something overrated?
Speaker 1: Hello? Part of it?
Speaker 7: I uh, you know, I'm gonna say it. And I still like to drink, but we feels like as a society we've really started to blow down on drinking.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I am, I'm now finally I think alcohol's overrated.
Speaker 7: Every time I drink, I'm like this, it might be age, but like certain things just kind of come in and out of society.
Speaker 1: There's something just for us.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, but then there are some of the things that just sort of flow in and out, like and it feels like alcohol's a little on the way out. And I had a couple drinks on Saturday and I was like, I don't every time I do it.
Speaker 1: Now I'm like, is this Do I enjoy this?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Like or sometimes it's like, oh, it's this ritual that we like partake in culturally, and I'm like, I'm literally just going through the motions of swallowing alcohol, and I'm like, I don't know if I want this.
Speaker 4: Actually, it's really weird when you are like when you actually go like, this is just like a fun poison, you know, And it's like I get it. I get It's not that I'm done doing it, but on the level where I used to, I look back and.
Speaker 1: I'm like, what was my plan?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, we were just talking about that.
Speaker 4: You don't drink right, Blake. No, I I actually love it so much. And but I'm in a similar way where I've now because I can still tolerate it. Well, I also drink way less where now it's like, oh, what's the least amount of alcohol in the drink that I could have? And now it's like, oh, have a regular drink and they'll have an a drink and then I'll have another Like so now it is just weaning off. I think age is part of it, and then also having things to do, you know. Yeah, it's like, am I going to pay for an uber? Like especially in La Like if you know when I live there's seventy dollars to the street, it's nuts.
Speaker 8: It's not I'm driving drunk. No, no, that wasn't the story. I'm gonna start an uber and I only drive it drunk. I'm gonna make profits from drunk driving.
Speaker 1: How about that?
Speaker 3: I'm firing up the uber. Watch this. Who knows where you want to go? I'm not going to that part of town. We're going home. What we'll go?
Speaker 2: You have the poppers, they're underrated, under fregging rated the poppers and Jack in the bux.
Speaker 3: I'm telling you, I forget there's a guy in the back. Is the shit out of me?
Speaker 1: Every single if there was like if uber, like when you're ordering it, that's eighty dollars to go like twelve miles.
Speaker 7: And then they're like, oh you can do uber drunk and it's forty one. I'd be like let's see I'm mad this guy is yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean like I'm not proud of it. But I've been in the car with the drunk drivers many times in my youth.
Speaker 3: And like there were times when I've I've been like, you know what, I can't take this. Oh yeaheah, I'm getting it. And I don't know if that.
Speaker 2: Makes probably a better person to be like and I have to take your keys, but I was like, off, you go, won't be on this one.
Speaker 7: To take your keys with a drunk person. They make that seem like a way easier debate to be like, oh your keys. It's like or like that. The guy's not like cool. The guys fuck you talking about Yeah.
Speaker 2: The other version I remember when you take keys was someone to be like so passed out, like you could just take them out of their pocket while they were talking.
Speaker 3: And they're like where my kids go? And you're like, I don't fucking know.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 3: He's like shit, dude, I gotta.
Speaker 2: Look for him, Like, why don't you take a seat on the couch. Man, We'll find him in the fucking three days from now.
Speaker 1: Here they are.
Speaker 3: Oh, I was fucked up. I couldn't even find my keys. Would I missed my kids baptism again.
Speaker 6: This is the third time with the schedule because I've been fucking it up so bad.
Speaker 3: I have the most religious kid who kids getting baptized. Jesus freak go weirdo. Yeah.
Speaker 2: The other thing is too, like fucking the hangover as I just get older, like my body just can't do it anymore.
Speaker 1: Like and well, you know what, I got one of these fucking aura rings too, And I don't know. I apparently like the Department of Defense is tracking my health care and stuff whatever. It's all over anyway, So who gives a ship but alcohol in your system? Sleep it's so dramatically worked.
Speaker 3: Oh with your like heart rate being all elevated and you wake up.
Speaker 1: And your ring your little apps just like you Okay, call your dad. You know what?
Speaker 3: Well, how did you know I dreamed about him?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Whereas like sleep becomes the drug the older you get, like that, I slept so much last night, You're like eight hours.
Speaker 3: You don't have drug. I don't know.
Speaker 1: What did I do?
Speaker 3: Got it?
Speaker 2: What is something you think is underrated?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 7: I you know, travel so much and the maids in hotels are underrated. I always the way that they have to operate their lives the way the nightmares of what they walk into. And then the fact that I stayed at a Hampton in recently Hampton Yeah yeah, shithole and not shithole, but like right, that's my basement really for whatever. And they had folded towel swans.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and I was like, someone needs to that's Ai.
Speaker 1: It was Ai.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was Ai. Yeah, it was Sims. But uh, I don't know. I always am like that job seems fucking horrendous. Oh yeah, I mean imagine what they see. Like, you know, you've left hotes.
Speaker 7: I always leave a very good tip, which used to be my way of saying, don't tell people I smoked wheedon here, but now I don't even smoke Wheaton and I still leave the tip and it's just my way.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 7: There's some p on the floor. I didn't know where it was in the night. There's Fredo's in the bed. I'm a monster and I'm sorry for what I do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I definitely. I mean I think the Pandemics made it a lot harder. Like I even tip more now because they've done this thing where it's like to be more like eco conscious about put this up and no one comes into it, then I'm like, that's actually a that's like when people generate their tips too, is to go and do housekeeping, And I get if you don't want them in there. Like I'm also when I go to a place, I have all my shit all over the floor and I don't ever want someone to like see that. And I'm like, no, trust me, you know, no, no need to come in here. But I do leave a tip as if they you know, like trying and give them my five bucks a day or something like that because.
Speaker 7: You've accrued like the five days worth of filth over that time. I love the way they put that on the hotel where they're like, we want to like save earth, so don't make us do as much laundry.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, no, no, we want to cut our employees hours actually is what we want to Yeah, that's what exactly feels.
Speaker 2: Also, And like I got and like, trust me, when they come in here, there's a lot of raisin canes empties in here.
Speaker 3: OK. Good, so the canes were raised. I'm like, okay, bro, what can I say?
Speaker 10: I was in a hotel and I wish every hotel did this where they had a QR code so you could tip on the app like like like so you didn't have to have cash on you because I think that's like I will plan my trip around tipping where yeah, go out get cash, I will clean the place like I work too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's CRA's definitely that goes on.
Speaker 3: I just had that.
Speaker 2: Remember when we met up in Jersey, like in the Fall Blake, when I was out there and that hotel I was at, that was the first time I saw the QR code for tipping. I was like, this is great because usually I'm like being like before check out, I like jog up the street to an ATM or something to get cash because I don't like the karma as somebody who like had a job where you got tipped out, Like you know, when you do that, you have a deeper.
Speaker 3: Appreciation for people who get tips and you want to fucking.
Speaker 7: I do fully believe in the karma too. I think it is. It's a full on you know you have to do you have to do it totally. Yeah, yeah, damn a fucking swan at a ham wine.
Speaker 1: Also the folding of the toilet paper, it's a whole like what do they it's a lot.
Speaker 2: Have you ever done that at your I did that once before a date came over.
Speaker 1: That's crazy. What are we going for here? I've never used it? Yeah, well no I thought I I thought it would excuse the fact that I hadn't cleaned the sink in like seven month.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, well, if I fold the end of the toilet paper on the triangle, maybe they won't throw scent.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like the literal scent literally, yeah, definitely white and there's mold.
Speaker 1: Did you see the triangle? It looks new. I think that's new. I think that might be new.
Speaker 3: Have you been here before?
Speaker 2: Because I don't think this was there last time?
Speaker 1: I know, what about you?
Speaker 3: Whoa?
Speaker 1: Smells horrible in here. I don't think anyone's used this before. I whoa, I think that might be new? Whoa?
Speaker 3: What they fuck get in here?
Speaker 1: Lady?
Speaker 4: You don't even know their name yet? You knew this is This looks like halfway used. But there's no way this is still screaming be our guest. No linier from them?
Speaker 3: Again?
Speaker 1: Pretty new? I don't know. Yeah, anyway, we'd love to talk to the owner. But this looks fresh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, those are a bunch of my pubs on the shower wall.
Speaker 3: Yeah, look at this? Huh, whoa? What about there's bathroom call?
Speaker 1: Must be very night.
Speaker 2: Don't you live here? Didn't you say your rent was like six fifty a month.
Speaker 7: I'll tell you what. I'm not even ready to answer a lot of those check shit. This guy deserves his dick in something. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I mean, has a fucking branch banking no.
Speaker 2: Papers folded in a triangle. I really fucking thought that was god?
Speaker 1: That is Uh?
Speaker 4: Do you mind if I bring it to dinner with us? It's just so ready that wake her up?
Speaker 1: Did you use this?
Speaker 3: Hey?
Speaker 1: This is a square?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 2: How did you get into my apartment last night?
Speaker 1: This was new?
Speaker 11: I had a great time, by the way, but now it's ruined. I noticed you took a long time to reply to the text. I just want to make sure your phone didn't die and you you had it plugged in. I have something I need to tell you. That role had been used in order to make it appear new.
Speaker 1: I folded it in two a triangle that was embarrassed about pooping.
Speaker 2: I knew you'd figure out when you realize how close we were to the cardboard center.
Speaker 1: Became pretty apparent from our dinner conversation that you had realized that that role was not new, and I continued to keep the ruse up throughout the meal. And that was where I miss.
Speaker 3: Stepped in retrospect. A mistake.
Speaker 1: It was it had been used before. I'm sorry for raising my voice. I shouldn't have made you pay.
Speaker 3: Sorry. I was watching cerproco.
Speaker 2: It kind of gets to me when I watched Cur because he likes to screen, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: I'm a sponge. What can I say? All right, let's take a quick break. We'll come back and maybe we'll talk about the news. I don't know anymore. We'll were back and we're back.
Speaker 2: So there's a new ad campaign hitting the friggin air waves of from a group called Make America Fentanyl Free. And apparently this comes from yeah, math math quick, it's not it's maths.
Speaker 3: I believe too. How you say that? No free?
Speaker 2: Yeah, make America fentanl Free. Apparently, after the twenty twenty four election, Trump had an idea. He's like, I would to do something about fentanyl, and because the only language he knows is sensational television, it was going to come in the form of these scare ads that are really more confusing, Like when I see them, I'm like, wait.
Speaker 3: What is fenty when you watch it?
Speaker 2: Mm hmmmmm No, because then I would have been nodding off and dissociating, probably as more than just like the I'm just confusion.
Speaker 3: I was experiencing.
Speaker 1: Well, that's by the way, I mean, I know you're pushing that.
Speaker 3: I'm not a drug guy. I wouldn't know what you guys were talking about him. That is great, by the way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I mean they had him in the patches back then, the lollipops, the lollipops man I had. I had a classmate in high school who's like would raid his parents like drug cabinet, And that was my entry point into trying every prescription drug.
Speaker 3: Under the sun.
Speaker 2: And that was like that was It's two thousand and two and I had my first fentanyl lollipop.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, it was a bad ap. European history lecture. America is awesome in so many ways. We really are just like it's we have loose death chemicals and every.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like it's it's it's just it's shocking.
Speaker 2: We have buildings, I know, shocking. Yeah, truly, you can get this ship literally anywhere. But anyway, these ads have now hit the airwaves in markets like West Virginia, d C. And Philadelphia. Uh, and let's just let's just check one of these out. This first one is called there's not even a title, Like, they're all just called make Make America Fentanyl.
Speaker 3: Free, no need for a title. This one, I believe, is one where a guy becomes some kind of spooky, blue skinned ghost because fentanyl. I got hooked on fentanyl. But you're a white guy in the mirror. Well, first my teeth started to rot. He looks like skin turned blue. Okay, your skin turns blue when you do fentanyl. Yeah, that's why the side effects are smurfed. Okay, you don't want to get smurfed. Yeah, he should have he should have bought his fent from gargamel. I started to age very rapidly. I lost my hair. It looks like drop every friend, and I will only be remembered as that drug use. Oh my god, take.
Speaker 1: Fentanyl, because if you do, you'll be dead like.
Speaker 2: He just activated ghost fucking protocols on our asses right there.
Speaker 3: He said, you'll be dead like me, and then he disappeared because he's dead. That's yes, he's like him.
Speaker 2: So many more questions like I searched ventanal hair loss and nothing came up. It was more like about how drug abuse can impact your hair on some level, like it can be found, but not a thing where it's like, here are the things that Fennel does. Your hair comes out, you have blue skin. I've only read that in like in relation to like an overdose or something, but this one wants you to think like your hair gonn fallow, your teeth turn into fucking caramels, and then your skin blue and you die.
Speaker 1: It's very funny that in this day and age, are the reason to not do things is what it externally does to you internally, Like none of that is about oregon failure or lifespan shortening or any actual thing that would ruin. I mean, the guy died, obviously. We never really had time to get into that.
Speaker 7: But it's just teeth, skin, hair, friends, right, and the friends probably stopped.
Speaker 1: Because they're like, we can't get late with Barry. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, do you want to look like a three?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I didn't think so I became a three? Yeah, I became a three America three free. Yes, yes, we are. Three of the three is three of the great show. They're okay.
Speaker 2: I think they heard you on that point about what it does to you, because here's another one. They had a one minute long at I can't I couldn't bear to get through the whole thing. I mean I did watch it, but I won't subject to you to the full minute. But Josh Blue, here's the last twenty seconds where they show the last like, they show three people. The first one I think was a girl who smoked weed at a club and.
Speaker 3: She's done for Yeah, they're all dead.
Speaker 2: The thing about these commercials because his Trump's whole thing was he wanted ghosts. He wanted basically the voices of the dead, like some fucking weird you know, what's that Charles Dickens thing, Christmas Carol type shit to happen where it's like, you know, there's something about when a ghost talks to you that it really.
Speaker 1: You know, Miley was on fentanyl and Miley Miley and Miley he lost Jacob.
Speaker 3: Jacob wouldn't hang out with him because he was ugly.
Speaker 2: I do give it up to tiny Tim though he had that he had that injury and he didn't touch the fentanyl.
Speaker 1: Despite having skin was a little bluer and his hair fell out a little more, he might look normal, correct.
Speaker 4: I think that would offset the penalties a little bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, here's the last twenty seconds of the one where I think this guy's trying to get a little bit more into the health rather than.
Speaker 3: You just will look like shit approach. I was immediately addicted to fentanyl, exactly like the drug dealers wanted my skin drink blue. I aged rapidly. Okay, maybe not.
Speaker 4: It seems pretty, but again they're leading. Bluing is like okay, we.
Speaker 2: I mean bluing is for doing laundry with your whites. Okay, if your whites are looking dingy and bluing to your lune, I turned blue.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I shouldn't have I shouldn't have gone on. I shouldn't have gone on that tour of that chocolate factory and Wonk. Yeah, this is the most Wonka coated ship. Okay, one more time from the top.
Speaker 1: I aged, Nuh, my organ's painfully deteriorated. Then I died.
Speaker 3: Hell finel cules damn. Join President Trump's fight to end the fentanyl crisis.
Speaker 12: Wow, it's also why does it have to be Trump, Like, can't you just be like, we're trying to stop this stop it's because his idea and I think again he's obsessed with.
Speaker 3: Cable news and commercials.
Speaker 7: Said the other day, three hundred forty million Americans died from like oh yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah last year, last year, No, three hundred eving three yeah, four, we're lucky waiting to die. Oh my dad, hairlessless blue, toothless three. We used to be a nation of sixes, now a nation of three years due to the scourge of fentanyl.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't even fuck anyone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but like now, like so this dark it's a dark money group. So we don't know where the money like is actually coming from, but we know it's obviously aligned with Trump because he's the one who even dictated these commercials happen and his like team is working on them. But they're spending millions to like hammer home Trump's message. You know, they like essentially they have to. It's like twofold, right, Like you got to keep the fentanyl panic going because that helps justify like increased police activity or like blowing up people in boats. Yeah, because they have you know, I mean like or saying like we have we're into crisis with our borders because the fentanyl, and also it creates the optics that he's actually doing something because he has a commercial and I'm.
Speaker 3: Like, oh, I think I'm fighting for it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 7: No, it's amazing because most like the most fentanyl is from like ports, it's like legally shipped into this country. So this again not that reality has any connection to action, obviously, but it is just he is it's just all invented boogeymen.
Speaker 1: And yeah, you.
Speaker 7: Know the thing I was thinking about the like because obviously they're trying to tie everything to like this trans shooting nightmare, which god, it's just enough with the shooting from the trans people. I mean, it's been five already, over six thousand shootings. But it it that men competing in women's sports really got this sort of brainworm cooking for people, so that now you're home hoping you can make the shift into the you know, they.
Speaker 1: They it's just.
Speaker 7: Reality being the starter never mattered. And then of course you go to you know, Wanka Town. By the end, Yeah, you just.
Speaker 3: Need to loose threads to kind of connect and you're like, yeah, and that's logical, and correlation is causation and that's all you need to know.
Speaker 2: But the thing is ventanyl doathess have been declining pretty rapidly for the last two years, which is great. And it's more to do with like better years what matters.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's better.
Speaker 2: It's like more to do like better just like education for people like parents of like people who have overdosed, and like family members like becoming like getting into activism and like shit like narcan.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But you know, like the thing is like again, this is what's so funny is like Trump just thinks of like a drug, like a wave of drug addicts or a drug addiction to be like okay, and you can stop that by going don't do that. You're gonna turn blue. And that's how that's how you scare them off of it, rather than like actually like addressing drug addiction.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 2: That's that's how you get people off drugs. It's like you create it make it easy for people to get treatment.
Speaker 3: Also, it's like.
Speaker 7: We have people living on the streets, we should just euthanize them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Rank, he's not a root cause guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just how to I got to clean up Park Avenue.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, Yeah, he's more of like somebody brushed this dan drift off my shoulders. I need a better dan drift brush from my go on.
Speaker 4: Then the grass keeps growing back every now and then you hear like a seed of a plan where you go, oh, real, like there are like there's talk of mental health care and all this stuff, but it's just it never actually comes to any kind of fruition of the rails.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was in a direction you can't even imagine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he says it all.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, Well, speaking of.
Speaker 2: The attorney I don't know what the fun't even know how to fucking segue into this pambady hell, speaking of that, Hey, let's let's let's float on the river sticks a little bit more. Shall we really check it all out? Because Pam Bondi is now like, because of people who aren't doing like glowing eulogies of Charlie Kirk, she's now taking that to be hate speech. Basically, it's like the new take from the Regime. I'm just gonna play this clip where she kind of lays out her tortured logic here as to why I don't I don't know, I mean, like, well, just listen, listen to the Attorney General there's free speech and then there's hate speech, and there is no place, especially now, especially after what happened to Charlie in our society.
Speaker 3: Do you see more? This is Stephen Miller's life. I'm just gonna say, yeah, this is Stephen Miller's wife's podcast. What a great conversation we're about to shape. Look how big her note card is? You know what I mean? It's like it's.
Speaker 4: Because it's like there's a lot of great thoughts on there, all of the words she's saying for the entire podcast, or on the.
Speaker 1: Card it's well, it's the swastika logos take up half the card, but at least they're in the corners.
Speaker 3: So go on the center and yeah, go on, Katie.
Speaker 4: Enforcement going after these groups who are using hate.
Speaker 3: Speech lament, so we show that rest on.
Speaker 4: Action is better than no action. We will absolutely target you, go after you.
Speaker 3: If you are targeting anyone with hate speech? Wait, hold on, hold on, anyone? Hold on? Hold on? What's that?
Speaker 1: What's that you?
Speaker 3: If you are targeting anyone with hate speech? Anything? Anice? Nice sound? Anyone?
Speaker 1: Anyone? This well?
Speaker 3: Whites? This is this quote?
Speaker 2: Like, guys fucking riled up the right just from Pam Bond because they already hate.
Speaker 1: Her because woman a stained as well.
Speaker 2: But like I think, like, first of all, for starters, I think most of us in the US know by now, especially after the last decade, that hate speech is.
Speaker 3: Protected under the First Amendment. That's why they go around doing this shit in public.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, you just so you know that is so when you go there's free speech and there's hate speech.
Speaker 3: Well, according what Charlie.
Speaker 7: Kirk did was free speech. What you're saying about Charlie Kirk is his hate speech. There's not even a legal definition for it.
Speaker 8: Eh.
Speaker 2: Well, you know that's that's for me to figure out, is aging podcast?
Speaker 3: What do you want? Yeah, what do you like say?
Speaker 1: Facts?
Speaker 2: Liberals like obviously pointing out that this is just like illegal intimidation and the age should probably know the laws of the land. But again, like I said, the right like they're fucking act. They're like calling her a moron because they know better than anyone that hate speech is their.
Speaker 3: Favorite form of free speech.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And it was wild to see like conservative like Twitter fucking influencers on the right be like quote tweeting this thing and be like, just so you know, this is a slippery slope.
Speaker 3: This can be weaponized against us.
Speaker 1: Could you say that?
Speaker 3: I'm like, wow, what do we keep.
Speaker 1: Like finding ourselves?
Speaker 7: Like I keep going like, now, look, I love this lunatic alt right guy, but that part is yes, I agree with that part of what he's not why, but that part is right as you know, like they kind of keep doing that where it's like if you watch abysmal piece of shit Nick Fouent has talk about Charlie Kirk, you're like kind of kind of yeah, kind of yeah, the serious search groper wars.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 7: So and and they keep doing this like like and they very clearly.
Speaker 4: Don't have a grasp of the law, not even that the law is effective for us anyway, but they are now so saying these quiet parts.
Speaker 1: Out loud more and more.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, And it just shows you the level of confidence that they have to not to be idiots.
Speaker 1: I mean, cash Pateel right now too, like they're.
Speaker 2: He's getting grilled as he should.
Speaker 7: I mean, he fucking like I'm gonna start a go fundy to get him eyelids.
Speaker 1: He just looks so gone.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he base is permanently set to I'm so out of my depth right now.
Speaker 4: And Yeah, this is what happens when you have the dumbest guy in the world appointing people to positions based off no credibility for anything whatsoever. And he didn't even do it that Like the first term that fucking moron had at least some of them had something like they're morons but had some.
Speaker 3: Sort of background. Now it's just like arned he learned that first, and he's like, they like to fucking like uphold norms and ship these guys.
Speaker 7: Rex Tillerson, you were like, yeah, I agree with this oil magnate right right, right right.
Speaker 2: He has he has a chevron tattoo on his neck. Yeah, I love it. He has one of those cool it's right behind his ear. It's really barging in charge. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know, but she she really you know. I think they are also still very sore over the Epstein thing, which again is another thing that draws us. You know, we're strange bedfellows when we're all going.
Speaker 3: Like Epstein files, now, yeah, let's go. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know, I agree with this Patriot Front.
Speaker 1: Guy Marjorie Taylor Green. There's times where I'm like.
Speaker 3: I've been waiting. I'm like, when is she gonna drop the act, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: I'm like, yeah, this has to be in service of some other thing, like you have, you must have some ulterior motive, and like, like even Nancy Mace, I mean, Nancy Mace has already revealed herself to be very duplicitous because she was already like talking shit about the Epstein survivors after she walked out of that meeting and tea yours. But like with Marjorie Taylor Green, like it's starting to actually affect her, like strain her relationship with the White House. But I'm like, is do you actually are you that hopped up on the Facebook memes that you're you're about it?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: It's very hard to be able to detect it, and you have to be suspicious.
Speaker 1: But there are times where you are just like, I mean, yeah, like insiders, stock trading and pedophilia, you know, Israel, they're all starting to be like things are like, we're kind.
Speaker 3: Of yeah, I think with like the like anti Israel stuff, there are a lot of people who get into it for from the absolute opposite end of the spectrum, like.
Speaker 7: And you're like you're like, yeah, we should stop funning Israel because the Jews.
Speaker 1: Are and you.
Speaker 4: Pull up, pull off, pull up, cock bit warning, pull up.
Speaker 3: So yeah, that's that's where I are.
Speaker 2: But again, so like, after this backlash, Pam Bondi like had to clarify. She was like, She's like, look, according to this quot quote, you cannot call for someone's murder, You cannot swat a member of Congress. You cannot dox a conservative family and think it will be brushed off as quote free speech. These acts are punishable crimes, and every single threat will be met with the full force of the law. This inspired many people on Twitter to just be like, hey, okay, based on what you just said about like calling for someone's murder, like doxing people, are members attacking members of Congress?
Speaker 3: How did these.
Speaker 2: Statements add up according to this new sort of perspective you have like quote we have to beat the hell out of the radical.
Speaker 3: Left lunatics Donald Trump quote just kill him, Brian kill meat quote. We should be posting protesters exact names and addresses online docs the people. Greg Guttfeldt, they are at war with us. We're gonna avenge Charlie Kirk's death. Jesse waters I don't think it's I think she'll be like, I don't know that. She's like, that's well, that's not hate, that's that's dislike speech. Yeah, that's protecting that's protecting Charlie Kirk.
Speaker 2: There's hate speech, and then there's just like thumbs down speech you just kind of don't like a thing, Okay.
Speaker 7: But we also like have been trying to find the line on you know, when you are endangering the lives of people who need representation, like we you know, talking about that for ages and they have been there is no gray area. You can say whatever the fuck you want. I mean, that is the way we we right now are are kind of legislating the world that they dragged us into and then having to go, well, yeah, we've been saying a lot of this stuff that there are difficult conversations. Like I think with the Charlie Kirk thing, it's just like it's just weird to see him upset about a shooting. It's like, we're not used to you actually being pissed about a fucking shooting, So we're trying to figure out how to tell you that this is inconsistent with what you've been saying.
Speaker 2: I think the hard part is because they're not interested in anything that's like logical or you know, intellectually sound. It's purely like this desire for them to have absolute power culturally and like governmentally and dominate just the country like with their viewpoint. So they use the language as if they are into democracy, but there everything they do and say is completely antithetical to that. And I think that's the that's what the Democrats are up against. They think they're playing against somebody who's like, well, we have rules, right, It's like no, they're just trying to squeeze the air out.
Speaker 3: Of the country. That's what they're trying to do. So there's no repercussions like their babies.
Speaker 4: So it's like a spanking where you know, like obviously the Charlie Kirk things one thing, but even before that with quote unquote cancel culture, it's like, oh I was canceled. It's like yeah, because you were at a job and you use a racial slur, you know, like you're not allowed to do that. Like they don't like rules, they don't like repercussions. And then when the rules don't suit them then and also when you know, like BONDI was like oh, Hey, actually you can't do hate speech. Like Errett said, it's like, oh, now we're all on the same Yeah, some things do I mean, we do need some form of free speech. So yeah, exactly, Yeah, yeah, it's whatever they would hate to hear them, Someone call them.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's how that works. And I think that's really instructive in this new era we're in because like, if that's how they're playing, then you have to also play that game. Like they're not here to like compromise in any way. And I think a lot of this stuff going in the opposition sense. You have to understand that you're working your you're up against someone who's not willing to compromise at all.
Speaker 4: We have been playing their version of the game for so I mean fighting against it.
Speaker 1: But you know you can't. There's you have.
Speaker 7: You cannot physically be like we are going to take guns out of our society because again we rue in the fucking world that you created. So and then they are now trying to fight this version of this and again they want to do it in the way that is illegal, that is immoral, all that stuff. But you I lose faith every two months and everything over again and make.
Speaker 3: You where we get in that cycle. By the way, are we getting close to Yeah.
Speaker 7: There is no bottom, but this shooting being connected to trans people is another bottom where I go how how I don't even I wouldn't even know where to start arguing that really, because if you're engaging in that that person, you can't.
Speaker 1: Logic your way out of them. No.
Speaker 2: No, they're just being like, I'm I just need to hear the buzzwords thrown out to justify my hatred for the group.
Speaker 3: And it doesn't matter if it's true or not. But that's just how they're conditioned to perceive the world. And that's why they're so easily, you know, they're they're malleable, Yeah, and be like no, now let's foment hate over here, and just because I'm going to say this thing and this other thing. Yeah, that's all you need to say to each other to justify your hatred. It was a transperson.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a person they've never fucking met, By the way, none of these people have ever been around a trans personally, And it's.
Speaker 3: It's hatred for the sake of hatred.
Speaker 7: I think they the white white men people, they really always operate as the minority that's under attack, and you really are always shocked at how they can keep finding ways to do it. I mean, if you look at thief structure of power in this country right now, how you could.
Speaker 1: Be like, it's all right, everyone's a game in the cross It's crazy. It's like that's why you're like, I don't even know how to have the argument.
Speaker 2: But that's how I mean, that's how you keep that sort of like white supremacist ideology alive. Is because if there it's always at stake, and it's always you're always in the crosshairs, and you're you're you're so marginalized in your cont flag on your car. Yeah, and you like there were people in fucking like Huntington Beach or somewhere. I saw that, Like, yeah, like a bunch of fucking Nazis out.
Speaker 3: There Huntington Beach being like give whites rights, Like where the fuck do you live? You've been here?
Speaker 1: You just want you just protested by six froyo places.
Speaker 3: Yeah exactly. I'm like, also, have you looked around, like fucking people color don't want to go to Huntington Beach.
Speaker 7: No, they go, fucking You've got your little place, stay there?
Speaker 1: What are you marching for.
Speaker 3: Jesus Christ anyway, So great country we've got here. Let's take a quick break, uh, and we'll be right back, he says. Jesus is a nice guy. You know, like it's completely out of his week. He's out of his depth week.
Speaker 1: He's blue.
Speaker 3: He's blue.
Speaker 1: What we call a big blue putcher.
Speaker 3: He's blue. He's a blue too, he's a two we got.
Speaker 1: You know, you've got nothing but gums. Your skin's out of a smurf. We call you bluetooth.
Speaker 3: Gums.
Speaker 1: You're nothing but gums. You're a bluetooth big blue tooth, they call it. Get him away from me. He's blue.
Speaker 3: Get him out front.
Speaker 1: He's a blood out ye leave blue.
Speaker 3: I don't like for jokes. Blue comedy also gone.
Speaker 1: You know that Steve Bannon's looking a.
Speaker 3: Little blue lately.
Speaker 1: He's looking at kind of blue.
Speaker 3: Great Miles Davis album. Terrible description of a person. You don't want to be kind of blue. All right, he loves Miles Davis.
Speaker 1: Now Miles understood. Okay, he was a white man. Not a lot of people know that Miles Davis.
Speaker 3: Was actually white man from Alton, Illinois.
Speaker 1: He was a white man.
Speaker 3: He was a white man.
Speaker 1: He was a white.
Speaker 3: He fugilist skills like a white man Would's why he punched everybody.
Speaker 1: They never heard it.
Speaker 7: You've never seen him talk on camera. The guy they presented is not Miles Davis.
Speaker 3: That's Ai Vokes. Hey, I the radical left wants you to believe Miles Davis.
Speaker 1: Was a black. He's a white.
Speaker 3: His immigrant father kilometers Davis.
Speaker 2: He changed They changed it in Ellis Island.
Speaker 3: They changed it. Be very confusing, and we're back.
Speaker 2: We were supposed to talk about another story, but we just did that thing you heard right now talking about Miles Davis being blue. Kind of anyway, won that story on the way out. I don't know if you remember, Like using Google is just like so awful now with the AI Overview thing that's like at the top of every single search.
Speaker 1: So and people are using it.
Speaker 3: People fucking it's it's some people probably don't know. I mean.
Speaker 2: The other thing is that like if you're when they started doing it, we talked about how they were talking about putting glue on pizzas and ship like they're like, yeah, it's a great topping, like it just didn't know anything and was saying like put glue on a pizza and then like up until like glue.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's eating a glue pizza.
Speaker 1: Glue. It's my gloup pizza bag. Would need Ambassador Elmer. He has been unbelievable.
Speaker 3: You were a great race horse. I remember you. You almost beat Secretariat. That's what you're gonna be. A fucking Oval office meeting where he's talking to Elmer's blue bottle.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, you see this adhesive Smarty Jones.
Speaker 1: Amazing Elmer one of the job numbers you have those.
Speaker 3: It's just a fucking bottle on the on the desk.
Speaker 1: He's putting the Congressional Medal of Freedom around the orange. You learned this.
Speaker 2: This is great, This is this is a great moment for America actually to be recognizing the Elmer's glue bottle.
Speaker 1: I mean putting the glue under his eyes.
Speaker 3: Like miss Lippy to keep them open. Yeah, look, glue, gluel this is glue glue.
Speaker 2: Okay ai Google fuck? I don't know, man, they're getting whatever this well, this one thing is this funny that like in May of twenty twenty five, someone just asking it, what's the like, please confirm the date in the year, and it's twenty twenty four.
Speaker 3: It's it is May twenty eighth, twenty twenty fourth.
Speaker 2: The tests are on May twenty ninth, twenty twenty five, which you can't even fucking layup.
Speaker 3: We gave you a layup. Good. Just look around, man, look at the upper right corner of your computer screen. Googleism Oh my yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: No, they don't. They don't have the fun.
Speaker 4: It's gonna blow a fucking hole in our whole society how much we have let them put AI put our destiny in the hands of their dumb AI that is fucking stupid, Like groc is the best one and it was created by Musk because the amount of times and it's like it is a genocide.
Speaker 3: Yeah exactly. And then on the other side, but then Twitter is also just now like fortune hand come alive, Like you're like, what the fuck this stuff? Like you had to endeavor to see ship like this, and now it's just like, hey, this is.
Speaker 1: For you, Yeah, for you is so funny.
Speaker 2: But again the other thing is also like you were saying, uh, like just with those summations the AI ones. News publishers are like, well, people don't even click on articles because they just read the fucking hallucinatory fucking summation that the AI came up with a few Research Center study this year found that quote users users uses was less likely to click on a link when their search resulted in an AI summary. That I think is like a skill people need to really develop in this age. Is fucking ignore whatever the fuck the summary is. Like remember the olden days when he read the fuck like when.
Speaker 1: Your misinformation was like the top search instead of just an AI overview.
Speaker 7: Yeah, is miles, I mean Google, Google was already like, you know, a fucking monopolistic nightmare. Such like it's not like we had it good before, but I mean, for the love of God, can we not?
Speaker 1: I mean, we have scroll skills?
Speaker 4: Can you not scroll a touch more with that fucking fat muscle thumb of yours?
Speaker 2: Now it's wild too, Like even when you look at the summary, like in the like disclaimer, its just basically says AI responses may include mistakes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, yeah we know.
Speaker 2: And they said, well this study, Halls said, well, users clicked on a link fifteen percent of the time in response to a traditional search. As result, they only clicked on a link eight percent of the time if an AI summary was included. So you know journalism. Fucking they have had it way too good for too long anyway.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, we were getting really valuable information for the past twenty five years.
Speaker 2: I don't need it anymore in this fact era we live in, and now Penske Media, Yeah, the same Penske as those trucks they can ask. They own Rolling Stone, Billboard and Variety. They're suing Goo because they're being like the AI summaries, they're reducing traffic to our websites.
Speaker 3: But Google says that the.
Speaker 2: AI summaries create quote new opportunities for content to be discovered.
Speaker 4: Ah, which the least human thing I've ever heard anyone.
Speaker 3: As long as you haven't died from glue poisoning, this feature will still be available to you. So yeah, it's it's just a fucking very slippery slope and.
Speaker 7: The skid now is so fast like it felt like again, it's this clip of a slide feels and we've been saying for ten years this is not sustainable to be devolving at this speed.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: It's also funny too, because, like the main the reason the Penske Empire exists is because of Roger Penske, who has been huge I mean he've received one of those fucking Presidential Freedom Medals from Trump. But I'm like, but I wonder if like the Google people are like trying to get in good with Trump so Trump's friend doesn't sue them for all the AI shit.
Speaker 3: I don't know, it's very messy.
Speaker 7: Well, they just had, you know, that monopoly suit and they wanted I mean, they're you know that. You see fucking Tim Cook going to the White House and presenting Donald Trump with a non existent award.
Speaker 3: You know, it's like, also the smartest move I think you could do too.
Speaker 1: You're like, yes, without question, in the short term, in the short term, but eventually, and I might not even be in my lifetime, but you know, Tim Cook's kids are going to get the ship beaten out of him by some generation of us because of Tim Cook giving him that prize.
Speaker 3: Does Tim Cook have kids? Let's see.
Speaker 1: No, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't think he does. No.
Speaker 4: No, I'm not suggesting that you would never say something like, let me speak for Gareth, you would never suggest that Tim Cook has kids, and that's something he's gay.
Speaker 1: He can't.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he went to Auburn.
Speaker 1: He went to Auburn.
Speaker 3: He's a little blue.
Speaker 1: To be honest with you, the more I look at Tim Cook, he looks a little blue.
Speaker 3: Little blue?
Speaker 1: Is it gluey blue? Oh well?
Speaker 3: Uh oh wow? Oh well, we tried, we tried, we tried to shot. I think we did something. U uh.
Speaker 2: Gareth Reynolds, thank you so much for joining us on the Daily seit Geist.
Speaker 1: Thank you for having got somehow you.
Speaker 9: Got some new shows coming on? Where the hell how do people keep this ride going? I just don't get off. It's a nightmare. Okay, you could follow me at Reynolds Gareth on all the Bullshit. I am taping my special in Chicago on October fourth. I have a lot of dates leading up to that, kind of through the Middlewest. You can go to Gareth Reynolds dot com for those and listen to Next We Have, which is my new Guy, listen to the Doll Up, and also listen to We're Here to Help, which is the show I do with Jake Johnson.
Speaker 3: No, my chip head, I gotta go. H oh, it fell over, It fell over, It fell over? Gareth?
Speaker 2: Where else do they find you? And is there a work of media social media that you're liking?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 7: I you know, I really like Katie Helper, She's a friend into mind and I watch more and more of her on YouTube. So she's awesome. You know, Just don't fucking just try harder to find people who are good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, please, yeah, please try harder.
Speaker 1: Please, Katie Helpers, great.
Speaker 3: Blake. What about you?
Speaker 2: Where do the people find you? Where do they follow you? And what's like some shit that you're into on the internet. Well, I'm not one of these good people that Gareth is talking about. But if you want to stay in, you're in the lane. September twenty seventh, that's the final date I'm going to be there in Ashville. Those tickets are on sale right now. October second through fourth Big Diamond Comedy Festival in Arkansas in Bantonville, and then November seventh, Boston, all those tickets are on sale, and then December seventh, I'm going to be in Chicago and just cleaning up the incredible wake of the amazing show that Gareth has done from October Wins, picking up the pieces as it were, Yes, thanks, And then at Buckles and all social media. The thing that I like Meredith Diets, who is a very funny comedian at Deets dot m on Instagram had a funny post where she said I did subway takes and I said I deserve to live, and he said one hundred percent disagree and started chasing me, both of us on all fours. I'm sending this from a moment of.
Speaker 4: Recipe in the secret crevass I found at fourteenth Street Union Square. But I know I can't run forever. So that's her post.
Speaker 3: Beautiful, beautiful, Yeah, beautiful folks, Beautiful folks. You can find me everywhere.
Speaker 2: At miles of Gray, you can find me talking ninety day fiance on four to twenty day fiance with Sofia Ale Alexandra. A thing I like ema roller at emeraldt Be's got a social post is just going to pretend the flags at half mast are for Robert Redford. Yeah, I like like, like I said, my favorite movie Sneakers, Okay movie his one I was.
Speaker 3: I was telling Blake earlier.
Speaker 2: I was like, that was my entry point into knowing who Robert Redford was kind of mean too.
Speaker 1: I was like, this kid's pretty good.
Speaker 3: Who is he?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Who's this kid? This kid?
Speaker 1: Remember whistler?
Speaker 3: Oh dude, yes? Wow? Nice? Yes? Who was that whistler?
Speaker 2: I can't remember his name, David strathn That's who it was, and yeah, wow, way to go. And then Sydney Potier was also in it, and I remember that. That's why I remember my dad being.
Speaker 5: Like, you should watch this Sidney Potier, like you should know about that, and I'm like, okay, see I'm getting culture now.
Speaker 1: It was that was that was a good movie.
Speaker 3: I should rewatch that movie. Yeah. River Phoenix is also in it too, very very winner.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's what's before he passed away.
Speaker 4: Anyway, I was after, what do you mean the postumus release?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 2: Oh, oh, I mean I guess, yeah, that's what I meant. Yeah, sure, I was like, how could he mean it if it was after I'm what.
Speaker 3: They call stupid, your falling out, my teeth are gone, and and ghost protocols activated. You can find us at everywhere on Twitter, Blue Sky, at Daily Zeitgeist, or at the Daily zeit guys on Instagram. Go to the description of the episode okay, and you scroll down there at the bottom you will find the foot Narts thank You, which is where we link off to the information we talked about in today's episode.
Speaker 2: We also are going to link off to a song that I think you are going to enjoy. We were having fun with the UK Talk, weren't we. So I want to go out on this sort of garage track from Interplanetary Criminal and Travy.
Speaker 3: It's called Phone Polka f O N P O C A. It's got, it's fun, it's fun, it's got, it's got, it's got rhythm. Okay, it's gonna get Yeah.
Speaker 2: It's it's a it's I think it's a banger, as they say, to check that out.
Speaker 3: So listen to that.
Speaker 2: The Daily zeit Geist. There's a production of iHeartRadio. So for more podcasts from my Heart rated is the iHeart Radio ap Apple pocast, where you get you shits for free. We'll see you later. Let me tell you what's trending. The Daily Zeitgeist is executive produced by Catherine Long.
Speaker 3: Co produced by Bee Wang, co produced by Victor Wright, co written by J M McNabb, edited and engineered by Justin Conner.