Speaker 1: The John Nnick and Kenny Florian podcast John Annik and Kenny Florian.
Speaker 2: I fucking love him. I can't get enough of him.
Speaker 3: Let's hear that both, Big job the Frank.
Speaker 4: There are a couple of absolutely self involved.
Speaker 1: You're your hosts John Nnick and Kenny Florian's.
Speaker 5: Big Monday on the Anak and Florian podcast Big Monday. Try to give you a little warning in case you're listening, you can turn it down for a second. Big Monday, May eighteenth, twenty twenty six, episode five hundred and ninety six or so of the anakon Florian podcast Power by All the Smoke Fight Big episode because it's the final episode in Ken Flow's forties.
Speaker 6: Oh gosh, Yeah, you had to remind me about that, right, No, what is going on, dude, I'm gonna be fifty you you.
Speaker 5: Sort of use negative phraseology and had a negative emotion when I said it.
Speaker 4: So, since I'm not leading the dance.
Speaker 5: My fortieth birthday was the worst birthday of my life.
Speaker 4: Oh man, I gotta say so.
Speaker 6: I feel better though, at least today than I have the last couple of years. Like my back was horrible for probably the last three to four years. Maybe even longer.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: So, so I'm feeling better as I head into.
Speaker 4: The fifties anyway.
Speaker 5: Physically, Yeah, your looks get complimented a lot of the anacan Florian podcast.
Speaker 4: You know Jason Anna coming up later.
Speaker 5: I'm sure he'll compliment your hair or something, right, probably a lot of hair compliments into it Dome in Inglewood, California, incidentally, But no, so when we show a UFC tail of the tape as a nod to Oklahoma State football coach former Mike Gunn, you if there's a fighter who's forty, I'll say he's a man, he's forty. I didn't necessarily feel like a man when I turned forty. I felt like an old man, not in spirit or physically, just on paper.
Speaker 4: And age is just number.
Speaker 5: But it's still a number, and you're still chasing it eventually, I mean, to my knowledge, like nobody's lived at two hundred yet, right. Yeah, so Ken Flow May twenty six will turn fucking fifty burger with bacon, maybe hold the cheese because fifty, bro, I mean, come on, man, like you should have negative emotions.
Speaker 4: You should, you said, of a bitch. No, I mean, listen, it's crazy. I don't I can be like this.
Speaker 5: It's amazing, amazing what is clark Ham planned just came off a big gig for Netflix.
Speaker 4: Life is good.
Speaker 6: But I mean, you know, rather there's benefits what I get early bird?
Speaker 4: Do I get early bird specials?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 4: At fifty? That is that a thing?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 6: Where I get discount at diners and stuff like that?
Speaker 4: Or No, I don't think you're fifty five. Your wife is probably not yet forty?
Speaker 3: Is that?
Speaker 4: No, she is not. She's not. She's not close, right, So yeah, so.
Speaker 5: All right, we got a lot coming up today as we celebrate Kenny's fiftieth birthday. We're actually off on Monday for Memorial Day week. We're off for the holiday, of course, to acknowledge and we're also off to acknowledge Kenilo's fiftieth birthday. So coming up today, we have Ray Longo at the bottom of the hour, very interesting things happening with his fighter Pumi Nakuda, and you can certainly talk about that, but we'll table that at least for a little bit here.
Speaker 4: Randall.
Speaker 3: R J.
Speaker 5: Clifford coming up here at the top of next hour as well, and a lot of different big fight odds UFC three twenty nine stuff. Connor McGregor is back. No more time to waste. Let's get headlines, headlines.
Speaker 7: It's time heads.
Speaker 6: I have some very urgent and important breaking.
Speaker 1: New headlines on the Kenny sans concast.
Speaker 5: All right, So three possible lead stories today. Ronda Rousey, Connor McGregor coming back, or a capsule lock submission at UFC Fight Night so ken Flow was on the scene. Ronda Rousey in seventeen seconds gets past Gena Carrano. Any number of different angles at which we can attack this. But I guess I'd just like to start by congratulating you and asking, as a curious fan what it was like being part of a major Netflix live event for for MVP.
Speaker 4: Well, thank you, man, I appreciate that.
Speaker 6: You know, it was great to be back, you know, it was Uh, it was an interesting week, you know, always always interesting working with with new production, different production and new people. So that was fun. And yeah, I mean there was just a lot of energy around the city of La and at the card it was a reunion of sorts, you know, meeting a bunch of people and seeing people who haven't seen in a very long time.
Speaker 4: And so it was great to be back on the sticks man for sure.
Speaker 5: Well, you did a great job, and the lettuce was flowing, and you were alongside the great Marl Ronello, and we were very excited for you, and it was amazing to watch you be back in the saddle, And it was amazing to watch Ronda Rousey do that. I think to any human being who prepared to beat her, she still proves that she can get somebody where she wants them in a very quick amount of time and put you in a position where you fear for your limbs shortly thereafter. Now, let me just say when there were rumblings of a Ronda Rousi return, I thought it would be far more of a bout of consequence in terms of maybe who she would be fighting. Perhaps it would be in the US, and even if not Kayla Harrison, maybe it would be a real MMA test against a fighter who was actively competing in MMA, or it was gonna be in a boxing realm. So this fight on paper was not my expectation. I didn't know what to expect out of Gina Carano, you know, And I don't know how competitive Gina Krona would be against your average MMA striker. Right now, after that type of layoff, you know, but given this canvas, Ronda Rousey couldn't have done a whole lot more to sort of maximize the showcase.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I mean, listen, seventeen years. For any athlete to come back after that long layoff, especially when she wasn't training for seventeen years, right, she was taking a lot of time off between that is.
Speaker 4: A lot to ask of anybody.
Speaker 6: And you know, Ronda did not let Gina feel comfortable for very long in that fight.
Speaker 4: Obviously, Ronda's gonna do what Ronda's gonna do.
Speaker 6: I mean, if she sees the ability to finish it in a second, she's gonna finish it in a second. So, you know, I think for both of those ladies at the end, there was a little bit of closure.
Speaker 4: Not so much for.
Speaker 6: Gina as much as she would like. I think she would have at least liked to.
Speaker 4: Land some kind of a punch or something.
Speaker 6: But you know, they didn't have the exits that they wanted away from the sport, and I think they wanted a little bit of closure and and you know, not only making a lot of money, but having the ability to perform and do what they do best. And you know, for Ronda. It went extremely well. For Gina not so much, which was unfortunate for her. She's such a clossy woman and has been through a lot, and to see her come.
Speaker 4: Back and again in two years.
Speaker 6: She lost one hundred pounds in preparation for this, And I see people saying, well it was a fix. Well, you know, Captain Gano was pretty damn good and Gina tapped her out in even quicker time.
Speaker 4: That's just what happens, Ronda.
Speaker 6: Sorry, that's just what happens when you face a highly skillful specialist like Ronda Rousey.
Speaker 4: Like have you followed her career? She beats a lot of people in under one round.
Speaker 5: Is it wrong for me in twenty twenty six to be wildly curious as to how ron A Rousing might do against certain fighters in the UFC Banhamweight Top fifteen. I would submit to you that she would still be competitive, and there is a groundswell of people who would suggest to you maybe not. Now, I know this doesn't give us any film at all, and I even wonder if this scratches the competitive itch for Ronda. Certainly there's financial gain and certainly the training camp brought out the best in her seemingly but I would think Ronda, as much as she wants to pro create more, would love to really test herself given how good she looked in these short seventeen seconds.
Speaker 6: I know, I know. I think this was kind of her dream fight. She wanted to face one of the icons in the sport and Gina Carano, a woman that she looked up to, and I agree with you, I think she would be competitive in the division. I think she just wanted to scratch that itch and kind of go back to being a mom and that's it.
Speaker 4: I think she wanted a little bit of closure.
Speaker 6: But yeah, you're right, even maybe not even against the elite, but maybe getting a rematch against Holly.
Speaker 4: Holme is something that I thought.
Speaker 5: But here's you know, And yeah, I'm not trying to put you on the spot, right, I know you're one of the commentators, right, Yes, I'm a may fan, you know. And this podcast could cease to exist in the future, and maybe I wouldn't have a platform to say things like this, right, what Ronda Rowsei against Holly home is in any sort of championship fight right now?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 5: Some people maybe want to ron A Rowsy against Chris cyboard right now. I'm asking the question because the mixed martial arts for me, right, there's a lot of people who would say Norma Dumont just smokes Ronda Rousei in twenty twenty six, and I'm asking you, like, can't Ronda Rousey get takedowns against a high level modern day fighter and get to a place where she can grab an arm or a neck or I mean, like crazy, like because a lot of people think we're able to beat Ronda Rowsi right now.
Speaker 4: No, I agree, Listen. I think that when you're that.
Speaker 6: Elite in judo and you have that kind of of a submission game, and to me, it seemed like she was really working on other aspects of her game as well in.
Speaker 4: Preparation for this fight.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think she still would be competitive, you know, would she be a champion in that weight class?
Speaker 4: I don't. I think would be really difficult. Right.
Speaker 6: The game has evolved a tremendous amount, but at the same time, you're talking about a world class athlete, but also you know you're going against time as well. She is thirty nine at the end of the day, She's dealt with a lot of injuries, she has a lot going on and yeah, I don't think we're going to see her again, But man, I was just really impressed with Ronda all week, how present she was, how aware she was. She was at her best promotion wise, coming you know from WWE, like she was just on top of her game in every aspect. So it was great to see her go out there and kind of fulfill that dream.
Speaker 5: And who knows, maybe at forty five, right, she comes back in a super fight against somebody like Holly Holm, who certainly is ageless, and there's some value there. And not to suggest there wasn't some value in this, but I just would be curious to see how she would do against the UFC top ten. And not to suggest that she'd be ready for Kayla Harrison, no Amanda Nunez, but I am wildly curious to see how she would do against some of those other fighters.
Speaker 4: But that is not what is meant to be.
Speaker 5: It was this seventeen second fight, And yeah, I don't know what you say to people who feel short changed. You know, expectations are resentments in waiting. I don't know what the expectations were for Gina Carano. I think you're right, she's disappointed to not at least have had a chance to land a strike and you know, at least maybe try to get on your bike early and leverage the outside of the hexagon and use the fence or something.
Speaker 4: But yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 5: I mean, I think you're left with some questions on the rousy side, and some people are going to be dissatisfied almost no matter what the result is.
Speaker 6: So exactly, and to talk about that, you know, it's like fans will both you know, be upset with matches that go the distance and be like, ah, there's no finishes.
Speaker 4: This was all boring.
Speaker 6: I wish there were finishes and then you know, you get a card with all finishes. Oh no, it wasn't even competitive. This is ridiculous. I wanted to see more fights. So you know, people, OHI is an angle, you know, based on their original bias, and you know that's that's just fans in any sport.
Speaker 4: But you know, you can't meet everyone happy.
Speaker 6: But yeah, you know, it would be nice, you know, if we had a larger roster of fighters. I think that's something they're gonna have to work out moving forward in the future. Obviously, the UFC has you know, most of the best fighters in the world. That's been the case for a very long time. So I think that will be the challenge for MVP moving forward, and I think they're committed to try to do that to the best of their ability of what's available, and at least offer some kind of competition in regards to fighters looking to sign or re sign in the future.
Speaker 4: As well well.
Speaker 5: Put we congratulate Rona Rousey and Gina Carano, who is a tremendous human being, and both great human beings, and really happy for them and for Women's MMA to have this night. They old it has three UFC main events and or excuse me, I said, you have made events.
Speaker 4: Main events. I did it. I know I'm allowed to do it. I shouldn't want so.
Speaker 5: Francis and Ghanu is absolutely frightening, Kenny. And if you're Felipe Lynz trained by the famed American Top Team, you have to get your fighter to be of a mentality that there's gonna be some destructive stuff coming your way and face potentially get broken open.
Speaker 4: But if you can sort.
Speaker 5: Of hang in there, you know, maybe maybe not man like my gosh, and Ghanu is watchable.
Speaker 4: What were your thoughts on the predator.
Speaker 6: I was just impressed with the fact that Lynz was confident all week and even as the fight was starting, Johnn he had that look in his eyes like he's like, I'm gonna take this.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna take this.
Speaker 6: But then you get touched by France, and all of that just kind of goes down the drain because you realize that this is not a normal human in front of me. This is a guy who's going to hit me, which is with his lunch box hands, and potentially I'll never be the same again. Like that, that's the that's the threat of going against a guy with that kind of freakish power and natural athletic ability. Every time I see him, it's almost like he's seven foot tall with like four foot wide shoulders. Like I don't know what it is about Francis, Like every time I see him, I'm like, you are a giant of a man.
Speaker 4: And he's not huge.
Speaker 6: He's not He's not hen and Fajeda or even the size of Robelli's But for whatever reason, I see him and he just has this all about her where I'm like, dude, this guy is an absolute monster. And he didn't even hit Linz clean and still Linz was out right like it's just nasty stuff.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 5: I just think back to some of those Francis sin Gano highlights against Alistair overhim in twenty eighteen in Detroit, and uh, you're wondering if a man is gonna survive that bro. All of that being said, right, I'm a fan short for fanatic, right, and about of consequence this was, but you know, you're still talking about Francis and Goano is a minus two thousand heavyweight, and I don't even have a question. I don't even have a follow up your honor, right, But again, fight fans would love to see Francis and Gano against somebody who you know, maybe has a better chance to beat him, at least on paid.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I think that, you know, it's tough when you're a guy that that's good, that is that good outside of the UFC, And and I would argue even the UFC Heagway Division, you know, there's not as much parody as there used to be. And you know, I think that's gonna be the big challenge for Francis moving forward is who can we get to give him a challenge. I think robelis is interesting and I think he's extremely dangerous. Does he have the level of competition that Francis and Gano has? Certainly not, but I do think it could be a striker's delight and and there's a little bit of intrigue there for me, you know, based on how Robellis did against Junior Descentos. This is a guy that can you know, have he has similar powers and speed in a Francis and Ghanu doesn't have the experience, doesn't have the grappling. I will definitely acknowledge that. But we'll see what happens in the future.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 4: But Francis is an absolute monster.
Speaker 5: Yeah, combat sports is such an interesting world. You know, he'll probably like box Jake Paul next or something.
Speaker 6: You know, Yeah, I think I think Jake Paul would like that if he wants to come back to boxing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, all right, well, Francis man ferocious, just absolutely ferocious. Francis and Ghano and yeah, we'll see what happens. Hopefully it's MMA. I'd rather see Francis and MMA than boxing. Yeah, Platinum, Mike Perry. A lot of violent things come in your way when you fight that individual under almost any rule set, A nod to Nate Diez immortalized behind me in defeat. But my goodness, man, you know, Mike Perry was very relentless, and there's a lot to sort of get into in terms of the stoppage and stitched around and everything like that. But what'd you make of the co main event or the main event number two?
Speaker 6: Yeah, two legends of violence going at it man and and Mike Perry.
Speaker 4: I thought looked fantastic. You know.
Speaker 6: The mixing up the strikes was something that I think surprised me most. You know, Mike Perry's development, you know, has been interesting, you know, seeing go from go from MMA to bare knuckle and back to mm A again, and the fact that he really put the work in.
Speaker 4: Uh, what was evident to me.
Speaker 6: I think his speed and power has always been impressive. But again the variety of the versatility of how he was striking and attacking the body going upstairs. I like how he was pacing himself. Anytime he would get a little bit tired, he would reset, as opposed to maybe an earlier, less mature Mike Perry would have just kept swinging bong Adam trying to knock him out. But he knew the challenge that was in front of him in Nadeas and how dangerous Nadiaz is down the stretch. But man, I don't think Nadaz really had much of an answer to those powerful shots and the mixing up of strikes and the elbows that were cutting him up, the knees that were cutting him up. And you know, Nate has always kind of struggled with his footwork a little bit, and I think that came back to plague him here as he was kind of caught up against the cage and eating various combinations from from Mike Perry. But I thought it was exciting while last. But you know, Nate Diez, I think defensively could have been better, and I think he could have been a little bit more active from the get go, but you know, he's notoriously a slow starter.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so at the end of round two, it looked like there was a conversation between Stitch and Nate Diaz, and it wasn't a very long one. But what were your thoughts sitting hexagon side as to the end of the fight.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know, So it wasn't until they were back in the corner on the stool that I saw like the multiple nasty cuts, lacerations, lacerations on the scalp of n Diaz. Now it's not like, yeah, dude, it looked like someone took a hatchet.
Speaker 4: I mean it was nasty.
Speaker 6: I mean these were horrible. These were Frankenstein level.
Speaker 8: Yea.
Speaker 6: You know openings on his head and I and we know about the scar tissue over his eye and all that stuff, but.
Speaker 4: These were new.
Speaker 6: These were on his head, they were very large, and of course you have the risk of infection, not.
Speaker 4: To mention all that blood was going into his right eye.
Speaker 6: It's enough dealing with that juggernaut Mike Perry in front of you throwing all those strikes with two eyes, but with one eye, I think it would have been doing their fighter a disservice. Jacob Stitch Duran was actually hired by nat As to be there. He was not hired by MVP as a cornerman for the night. Nate Diaz brought him in and Stitch has been around this game forever and there are very few experts in the world in my opinion, Stitch, he's an expert at suturing and understanding the fight game and knowing when the fighter has had enough, and even though he was paid by Nate d As. He's like, you know what, no, man, it's not worth it. You're not going back out there. It's way too dangerous. And you know, I think he made the right decision there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, thank goodness that that's sort of the way things went. You just didn't need to see him absorb any more strikes. But my goodness, man, right, And it's not just because I got Nadas in the studio. The heart, the toughness, sort of the willingness to absorb punishment like that with Mike Perry coming with all limbs and you know, the angles of those elbows, man, and the knees and the investment in the body is just like Owes. Yeah, absolutely nasty. Respect to Nadez. And Mike Perry has high taxes even though I think he lives in the state of Florida. But he makes a lot of money and he deserves to, right, he deserves to. He fights for your money, to quote Yanni the Greek, and in all disciplines, in all phases, and worked hard to sort of spin this thing back to mixed martial arts and perform really well.
Speaker 6: I have chills thinking about it, and it seems so you know, simple, But when Mike Perry says some stuff, you kind of just feel it in your bones. And Mike Perry at the way and he only had like a few words like you know, what are your thoughts?
Speaker 4: And leading up this fight, He's like, this is my favorite part, and.
Speaker 6: I just believe it, Like this dude was built for battle, like a Robbie Lawler, like an Diaz. But this guy, he like should have a shield and a sword somewhere. You know, back a few hundred years ago, he would have been that dude leading the charge because that's.
Speaker 4: Just who he is.
Speaker 6: And so I'm extremely happy for him because he's certainly had some ups and downs in life and in the fight game. And to see him making a lot of money now, it's so well deserved. And the dude's a study.
Speaker 4: Hashtag, not white gold platinum, all right.
Speaker 5: For busy mornings, workouts, your everyday routine and everything in between, you need coffee that works as hard as you do. Thrown Sport Coffee back by the legendary quarterback Patrick Mahomes, whom I just saw this past week at the fifteen and the Mahoonies Golf Foundation Classic. Thrown Sport coffee is functional better for You coffee made for active on the Gold Lifestyles. Each can one hundred and fifty millions in natural caffeine, natural sweeteners, and one hundred percent of your daily b vitamins. The lattes have ten grams of protein cole Bruce low sugar bunch of dairy free options as well. Thrown Sport Coffee is also NSF certified for sport for all the athletes out there and anyone mindful about ingredients be noteworthy of that. You can find thrown Sport Coffee and retailers nationwide, including Casey's, Quick Trip and Whole Foods. Are online on Amazon, Walmart, and their website directly Sportcoffee dot com. Thrown Sport Coffee Get going, keep going, and I wait to smash this stuff until we're doing the advertisement. I can't be banging this stuff all day, so it's very exciting. Today I got the vanilla bean and I can confirm now. I think like ten fucking cases have been sent to Ray Longo, who will be with us here in about ten minutes. So yes, the coffee is on the way. I'm just going to take a sip of this and we will change gears here and talk about UFC three twenty nine McGregor versus Holloway too, I said Connor McGregor a direct.
Speaker 4: Message on Instagram. I'm not sure if he read that or not.
Speaker 1: So.
Speaker 5: Connor McGregor last competed at UFC two sixty four in July of twenty twenty one, unceremoniously broke his leg and has not been back since. He's going to be back here, Kenny, and it's going to be in short over less than two months from today, in a rematch with Max Holloway of a fight that was at featherweight in twenty thirteen, this one will be at welterweight. Your thoughts on Connor McGregor back in the octagon and ultimately the matchup that they chose to proceed with.
Speaker 4: I love that he's back.
Speaker 6: This is obviously, you know, the biggest superstar in mixed martial arts history, him and Ronda in my opinion, and I think the fact that he's back is a great sign. The fact that he's been you know what, seems like he's focused and determined to kind of go out there and get a win, and he wants a tough challenge. I think Max Holloway is a perfect reintroduction into the sport, and now Connor is dealing with the long layoff away from mixed martial arts right and especially coming off that entry. I'm really curious to see how he's going to perform. If there's someone who is going to ignore the injury and fight the way he normally fights, it's going to be someone like Conor McGregor. Max Holloway is quite the challenge, but I think this is a fight that makes a lot of sense at the point of both of their careers. It's gonna happen at one hundred and seventy pounds. It looks like I always think that both of those guys are probably.
Speaker 4: Best at one point fifty five.
Speaker 6: But either way, I think we have a dandy of a matchup and excited to see it.
Speaker 5: It's so interesting when you think about matchmaking and how to handle Connor in this spot, and how the BMF title fight result almost has no implication as to what is happening here.
Speaker 4: I think part of Connor McGregor would love.
Speaker 5: To be competing for the BMF belt, even if maybe on paper, the stylistic matchup against Charles olivera isn't as quote unquote favorable. But Max Holloway Kenny is minus three ninety five right now on DraftKings sports Book, a near four to one favorite, and Connor McGregor is plus three ten. So are you telling me that Charles Olivera would have been minus five hundred. I mean, I understand maybe what type of fight you're looking at and what the relative public approval rating was for that fight between Charles Oliverra and Max Holloway, But in terms of you know, straight mixed martial arts, this is a striking fight and it's happening at least a weight class above where there's any sort of championship consequence.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: No, I think that's why it's gonna be such a great matchup, and I think for both guys. Both guys tend to shine when the guy on the opposite end of the octagon is a striker and not a grappler. Of course, we saw that example best in Max Holloway's last fight against Charles Olivera. I think in some ways, you know Connor, well, maybe in a lot of ways, Connor is probably the better anti wrestler I think, but both these guys are going to go out there swinging. I think it's gonna make it very exciting. So yeah, it's a fight that makes sense. I'm a little surprised by maximum coming off of that one against Halloway. Like we are we believing that Conor McGregor still doesn't have knockout power, you know, Like, are we saying that he can't contend with other elite strikers right now at this point of career. I think he can. You know, again, I've been a big believer in connorcero at the beginning. But yeah, man, I feel a little disrespected with those numbers.
Speaker 5: Yeah, when they said a betting line, they're trying to get two way action. But Connor McGregor is bursting with pride and certainly wants to compete at a high level, and I think matchup wise, yeah, I think there's a lot to like for Connor plus three ten. We'll see if that is a number that gets people to the window. But I'm definitely surprised at the discrepancy and the width there. I think Connor McGregor can absolutely be competitive off a layoff and rest assured that he has been using to only twenty six to try to sort of maximize his utility. On July eleventh, Max Holloway is going to be just ripping. What a tremendous fight. It'll be either way at International Fight Week. But yeah, I think there are a lot of different directions. I guess you could have gone when it came to Connor McGregor, the Michael Chandler fights. Certainly that ship had sailed. We mentioned Charles olivera, but we didn't really talk about who it might be for Connor because it kind of seemed like a foregone conclusion and it just would have been elevated if Max had won and they were actually competing for a BMF belt, you know. So I think Connor's really the only losing party in that that he doesn't get to actually compete for a belt, you know. But Kenny Max has said that he wants to compete at eighty five before all.
Speaker 4: Is said and done.
Speaker 5: So I'm excited to see, you know, Holloway all yoked out at seventy. But yeah, and he will be Yeah, very interesting fight at UFC three twenty nine. And certainly happy for Connor McGregor because even though his return wasn't as expeditious from the leg break as Chris Wadman or Anderson Silva. You know, it's a lot to come back from, and we hope that the last few weeks here. Yes, we can say a few weeks of training camp. Go well at your headline or UFC three two I McGregor versus Holloway too, Kenny, excuse me. We have some other fights on that card very quickly, if I could, Patty pimblet versus Ben Was Saint Denis is the co main event. I don't know if you care to venture a guest as to who you think the betting favorite is and then the early thoughts on that comin event.
Speaker 4: Hmmm, I would say Patty slight favorites. Is that accurate?
Speaker 5: Or no, Ben Was Antony is the minus one to eighty betting favorite.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, that's interesting. See, Okay, we have two grapplers going at it.
Speaker 6: I think that Ben Wall perhaps the better wrestler, better takedown guy, but I think Patty is the better submission artist. So I think that's a really interesting fight. Both guys are crazy aggressive, whether it's with striking or grappling, hunting submissions, so I think that's a I think that's great matchmaking right there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Cody, don't give him the lines. Yeah, I think the matchmaking is great. I think it's probably closer to a pick him. It sounds to me like Kenny Floory needs to make a deposited drafting sportsbook after the proceedings today and maybe bet On Connor and Patty you got Cody Garbrandt versus Adrian yan Yez. Robert Whittaker in his UFC light heavyweight debut, or perhaps it's not his two hundred and five pound debut. I mean we called his tough Smashes Gold Coast UFC debut against Bradley Scott. That was at eighty five if memory serves, he's fighting Nikita Krillov.
Speaker 4: You got any thoughts on that? Wow? At two of five?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I like that matchup for Whitaker. You know, Krillof is kind of a maniac when he fights. You know, he's very aggressive, gets in your face. So I think it's going to be exciting while it lasts. I think Whittaker's ability to withstand punishment at two hundred and five pounds remains to be seen, so he's got to be careful against what I think is going to be a much bigger krill Off but hey, Whitaker is gonna be the faster guy I would imagine so interesting. I'm looking forward to seeing him at two o five.
Speaker 5: And by the way, I'd be shocked if Connor McGregor closes north of plus three hundred. He's plus three ten right now in DraftKings Sports Book, I would be shocked. Ken Flow's favorite fighter, or at least top five favorite UFC fighter, Lonnie Cavanaugh is competing against Brandon Royvall in the Flyway division.
Speaker 4: Look at you smile, You're like, yeah, you f C showcase.
Speaker 5: If my guy at UFC three two nine, any idea who the betting favorite is? Kavanaugh and Royvall at one hundred and twenty five pickles.
Speaker 6: That fight is gonna be so good. Those guys are absolute maniacs. Okay, that's gonna be a good, good one. So I'm so bad at this. Roybal slight favorite.
Speaker 4: Lonnie is minus one seventy. Let's go okay.
Speaker 5: Part of the reason I ask you to pick the betting lines is because it gives us a little bit of a leads. And do you think's gonna win the fight? He's not a one seventy. Roy Vall plus one forty two. You also got Tracy Cortez fighting Wongtong a few other highlights. I would like to get to, so, Cory Sanhaegeny, So get to a point in your career right where you give Mario Bautista this rematch that he so richly deserves, and shout out to Cory Sandhagen forgiving him the rematch.
Speaker 4: Right you need? Is there a lota sognia to fight Joe Pifer?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 4: You need these things to happen.
Speaker 5: In a perfect world, Sean O'Malley would be getting my applause because he would have fought Cory san Haagen on the White House cart with respect to my man, Aman's a hobby, was far us a hobby not in Arnold Allen's corner.
Speaker 4: By the way, I didn't see him. I didn't see him here.
Speaker 5: Well, I think it's all hands on, amen, right now, all hands on, decade. It's a hobby fighting at the goddamn White House here in a few weeks, I don't know, know, perhaps there was a bar Mitzvah or something.
Speaker 4: I really don't know.
Speaker 5: But Cory Sanagen is minus one fifty five Mario Bautists plus one thirty. But it's just outstanding matchmaking and you need both guys to except the fight.
Speaker 4: You got Gable Steveson as a minus. Go ahead.
Speaker 6: You want to say something, well, I was gonna say risky rematch for san Haagan to take, you know, because obviously Bautista.
Speaker 4: Has been on one. He has a much improved.
Speaker 6: Fighter and and and perhaps shows the confidence level of san Hagan, you know, to take that one.
Speaker 4: So yeah, that's a great one too.
Speaker 5: All right, let's get to the star of the show and the Ray Long go minute.
Speaker 1: Now times for the Ray Long Minute.
Speaker 4: I'm going to push a hole in this.
Speaker 3: The Ray Long.
Speaker 1: Minute, the John Nick and Kenny Florian podcast.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, there is First off, I want to say, Kenny, your hand looks absolutely amazing. I might have to go.
Speaker 4: Walking advertisement for this.
Speaker 3: You are walking Ray.
Speaker 5: As I mentioned, some of my personal money will be contributed towards your hair transplant. Right, you just got to.
Speaker 4: Turn those words into action.
Speaker 5: We will absolutely contribute.
Speaker 3: Before I sleep, I want to introduce you to my plumber today.
Speaker 4: Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 3: We got the I got, I got the lorn guy in the Plumber amazing.
Speaker 5: Well, we have a lot of thrown sport coffee showing up to Longos Mixed Martial Arts. So we have a lot to get into with you today. Uh, first of all, hit the applause button. Did you see our man Kenny Florian on Netflix this weekend?
Speaker 4: Do you see that? Right?
Speaker 3: We're so happy for that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, thank you, Okay, thank you guys. All right, there it is there, It is all right.
Speaker 5: So let us set up this catchwaight affair involving Pumi Nakuda if we could, and perhaps some post traumatic stress and entering for Ray long ago, given what we saw against Marob Dwallis Willy or excuse me, Ricky Smolle and Morob Dallas Wheely back in the day.
Speaker 4: Even though an exact cop it certainly is not.
Speaker 5: Kenny was there technical submission by rear naked choke at four fifty nine of round three, which makes no sense as I look at that right now.
Speaker 4: It was Adriano.
Speaker 5: Maris over Pumi Nakuda right as far as my eyes can tell, Ray and Kenny Nakuda was conscious and but I held the choke after the final horn. So if the scorecards read for Nakuda, he should still be undefeated Ray. And uh, yeah, the fight game just continues to uh taketh away more than it giveth.
Speaker 3: I guess huh, Look, we're gonna have to go what we are. There's just no accountability. This is the only agency that Have they ever been wrong ever? Like in life? Has everybody ever been totally right? Is that even make any fucking sense to anybody? Have they ever been wrong ever? This is a pretty this is a pretty small bunch of guys. Man, They've never been wrong, and they're not gonna do nothing this time. You know, when Morob went out, they wouldn't even take his appeal. How about that? They wouldn't even hear it, right, talk about arrogance.
Speaker 5: This, though, is far more egregious. Kenny, Is it not right? Ricky Simone? You know final horn? There was nothing after the fact, right this dude? I mean, Ken Fill, you were there, please enlighten us.
Speaker 6: Well it was crazy, right, I mean it was an awesome fight. I think both guys were fighting their asses off. It was back and forth, and I thought Poomi was on his way to a potential win there, and but I obviously had a strong round three and finished strong there got the back. I was like, okay, he held on to the choke, and that's the big thing. It's like, at what point was poomi nakuda out? He was fine? He was conscious now he it looked like you know, I know al Jo said, he held on for like two to three seconds. If you look at it, it's probably one second. But as we all know, you can be conscious one second and one one more second after that be out right, So that's all it takes. So I was a little surprised because this is this wasn't just a decision that happened in real time, okay, And if it was, you're like, I kind of get it because the ref's there. It happened so quickly, YadA YadA. What exactly when did you, you know, break them apart? And her her was a little bit late on that should have been right on top of it. You see the guy in the rare naked choke. You have to be there already. You shouldn't be, you know, several yards away, right, So there's that part of it, and again not an easy job.
Speaker 4: I acknowledge that.
Speaker 6: But then you know, you held on there at the end, and then you have a reviewed So there was a couple referees outside reviewing tape and they still went with that decision, which was kind of a head scratcher. And you know, I know that myself and even Sean Weelock, who was our expert, you know, judge on the outside, unofficial judge we.
Speaker 4: Call of thought that, hey, Poomy probably got screwed there.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And I'll tell you the other thing is, I'm not one hundred percent sure, but I think he when he broke it up, he takes Pomi's hands off, first the hands he was fighting, joke.
Speaker 6: And a guy which was the lay okay, yeah, which the layers, which is even.
Speaker 3: Worse like, he didn't go for He didn't go for the other guy's hands, which would have relieved the pressure. He went for Pomi's hands. And the guy should have let go exactly at that point, but he didn't, and and and the kid got screwed. And look, man, uh, how do you have five geniuses around a teleprompt and looking at it they come up with four fifty nine? Are you fucking joking? Wow? They're pretty good, man, They are pretty fucking good. And they had to do that. That's why I say it's all cover your rass, cover your ass covery rats, cover your wrists right, and if.
Speaker 4: Somebody if it's four fifty nine, he definitely was not out.
Speaker 3: Somebody the ship added his motherfuckers that nothing's gonna change. I mean, something's gotta happen. But look, at the end of the day, I think, look, I love the kid. I think he made a great show for himself. Short, short, short notice fight maybe ten days. I know, I couldn't say nothing about it, you know, when he found out and they had to wait for the contracts and again that fight was supposed to be at one twenty five. The word came back one thirty and there's no fight. So they fucked him on that toe. And that's a fact. So the whole thing is rotten, you know. Just but look, Matt got knocked out his first UFC fight. Al Joe got dismantled, you know, like by Marais. You know, Morob lost that fight that you got to hit ad versa. You got to come out swinging. Man. You got three motherfuckers that you're close to that became world champions. And that's all that I give a shit about, right.
Speaker 6: I think myself and a lot of people were really impressed with Pumi all week, like from you know, him being on the mic, to being pro through and through the things that he was saying to promote himself and promote the fight, and to his performance. I think there's no way he lost any of that. I think he'll be back. I think there's no question that he deserves a rematch, and hopefully they do it. Man, but he has such a promising future. Man, he's a fantastic fighter.
Speaker 3: Really smart, intelligent fighter. Plus he's he's got movie star looks too. Man, he's great on the mic. He's a good look really kid, you know, dude, I remember the first day that kid walked into the gym. He was such a nice kid when he went to Hofstra. I made somebody at Hofstra's, like right down the block from the gym. I was so protecting. I made somebody drive him back to the gym. I didn't even want him walk in the streets alone. Like That's how he gave me that type of impression when he came in the gym.
Speaker 4: I'm not kidding.
Speaker 3: He was just a good dude, man, And I hate to see bad shit happen to the good people. And this kid's been waiting his whole life to get on some sort of big stage and things were going good and to just get screwed over like that kind of.
Speaker 5: Right therein lies the issue. I mean, this podcast has championed the cause of Poomi Nakudah for a long time and you can lean into the adversity and you know, Jocko Willink would tell you good right, and I do think there is a lot to learn from. But it is unfortunate, like Ken Flow, this ain't gonna help him get to the UFC quicker, right, Like that is the reality of this, and Ray, it's unfortunate that there's sort of no appeals process that makes you feel encouraged that maybe you could get this overturned. Is that your phone episode five hundred ninety six. So Andy Foster's the man and really cares about the sport and has a rich history in it. But yeah, I don't think you're getting any sort of appeal and hopefully this is something that can be channeled in the right way for Poomi nakuda But this didn't really have a parallel to Morob Dwallis Willie and Ricky Simoneray because that was sort of there was no sort of foul or extended you know who's samarpoliatis like, joke, No, I'm just kidding, mister. Yeah, to tell me yo, who's but to go?
Speaker 3: But the point is you made the decision after the fight was over. The ref didn't stop that fight. The fight was over. You go to my school because not.
Speaker 4: Hear the horn right right?
Speaker 3: You know what I mean? So yeah, I mean you've got it. You know, I only want to start going back. You'll get me crazy again. I'm in I'm in the happy place.
Speaker 5: Right all right, So let's be efficient because we've got a lot to get to. Okay, Ray Long Go Minute presented by Nothing Today here on the Anican Florian Podcast No presenting sponsor for the Ray Long Minute for the five hundred and ninety six show in a Row.
Speaker 3: By the way, I think we're gonna we're gonna fix that the Chicken PA.
Speaker 4: Know they'll send you. You like that, right?
Speaker 9: You like that?
Speaker 3: Holy Ship. I'll be sponsoring myself soon. There's put too much pressure on me.
Speaker 4: You know what I got going on today?
Speaker 3: Though?
Speaker 4: Look at that my g l D chain.
Speaker 3: I like that.
Speaker 5: I never wore a chain until we partner with GLD back in twenty twenty five. Now I wear it every day, I'm trying to match clothes, at least when I go out. These days, my daughters have insisted that I match. I'm sure like Kenflow's got a million pairs of jeans, right, but I got one pair of genes, maybe one pair of sneakers that matches with everything. A lot of guys don't missing out on this one thing from their lineup jewelry.
Speaker 4: That's where GLD comes in.
Speaker 5: Waterproof, sweatproof, durable, which is a little bit important because I'm all over the place a little klutzy, life time guarantee as well. On GLD products, you can feel the quality, nice weight to it. GLD also has an official collab with the NFL. You can get every team on a pendant. Also collabs with the NBA, WNBA, Major League Baseball, the NCAA and NHL. Even DC comics chains and pendants that let you rep what you love. GLD can even create fully custom pieces, maybe Ken Flow's face on a chain or something from a one of a conpendant to iced out chains designed exactly how you want them. Gld's custom shop will bring it to life, clean quality pieces that instantly make your fit more fresh and in case you were wondering this is not the cheap stuff. G LD only uses real gold, work hard and change the game. For a limited time only, new customers getting an insane deal used code af pod to get forty percent off GLD dot com. Forty percent off with code af pod at g LD dot com. After you purchase, they will ask you where you heard about them. Please support our show and tell them the anti camploring podcast cent you not the very long go minute, The antikmploring podcast, cencha Ray you wearing a chain?
Speaker 3: No? I just have. It's got a little cross on, that's it. But I got I got. Those chains look like they're from the eighties. Those are the old style of old change we used to have. I might have to break out my uh Disco day chains.
Speaker 4: Miami links, my man, No, this I don't think is that?
Speaker 5: But Sean Strickland recently said something about guys wearing chains. I think I talked about it on the podcast. So I made sure for our last fighter meeting that I wasn't wearing that chain because I.
Speaker 4: Want to keep I want to keep the focus on the fighting, you know.
Speaker 3: And what's what's he got? What's what's his problem with chains? What's he what's he saying about that?
Speaker 5: Well? I think he's that sort of says something about a dude who feels the need to wear a chain, you know, especially you know, maybe.
Speaker 7: I like it.
Speaker 3: Look that guy's onto something. I might not even disagree with him. Yeah, no, I mean this, this was a gift us. I probably wouldn't wear it myself.
Speaker 4: But so.
Speaker 5: Arnold Allen over melks Iel Costa in the UFC main event. Ray were you able to watch that in all of the combat sports madness this weekend?
Speaker 3: Uh? I caught it at a bar because you know, I promoted fights, That's why I wasn't with Pumi. I had a big fight promotion on Long Island and I did catch the end of it at a boss. So I can't really say too much about it. But it did look like Arnold was having not having a problem. He's definitely he's just a super technical guy by Allan and h and maybe that guy stepped up a little too quick. But I can't really say, you know what, I what I was watching, I was drinking, I was eating. I don't know, but what were you drinking? No? I was just drinking more and I wasn't drink because I was, but I was with the al Joe did an appearance actually down the block from where the fight was, so we all ran over there after the fight was over, and he's trying. He gets me to try it, gets me to drink a bottle of that rum. I just can't do it, and then the rum. The rum is fantastic, but I can't. You know, if I start drinking, I'm just gonna be shocked for two days.
Speaker 5: At this point, Kenny, do you think Ray could get the Ray Longo Meda to be sponsored by Funk Harber.
Speaker 4: Wow, let's go.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you will give you like seventy eight percent of the profits.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 3: I think that would really help his brand too. I just really it's not nice he took I'm serious.
Speaker 4: Well, Kenny's happening.
Speaker 3: I'm him. I mean, he's gonna come to he's teaching tonight at the school. I'm gonna I'm gonna pitch it to him.
Speaker 4: Let him know it.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 5: Anyway, Kenny saw that fight, Yeah, well Ray, So yeah, first of all, I thought Alan looked fantastic.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know, because I do think that Melkie's eyel is a threat and extremely dangerous. And I thought Allan stepped up his game and to me looked way sharper than I've seen him in the past.
Speaker 4: So I thought that was a big win.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I agree with you. I actually only saw a couple of fights. I went back. I saw a well make a fight just to see how he would do after a loss. But he looks like he's he's uh, he's running into some rough This is a really wicked sports sports nuts man. You could be You're on cloud nine one day and you're in the toilet the next day. Man, you've got to be mentally, mentally squared away to participate in the sport ray.
Speaker 6: You know, obviously we had the Ronda Rousey Gina Carnal fight that went down, and you know, the overall consensus, it seemed like people before the fight, uh, they were coming up to me and talking about it. It's you know, they loved the fact that they had, you know, stars from kind of the the old times when they thought that you know, MMA was at its peak perhaps and we have another star from that peak MMA era.
Speaker 4: In my opinion, Conn McGregor coming.
Speaker 6: Back, does that get your juices flowing the fact that he's coming back and going against another you know superstar Max Holloway. It does for me. I think it's exciting. But what do you expect from Connor? And are you excited with the announcement?
Speaker 4: What's the deal?
Speaker 3: I gotta tell you, man, it's not I'm not that excited. I'm happy for everybody involved, but I'm not. It's not something. I don't know. It's been too long man at this point.
Speaker 6: So you have your doubts about the way he's going to perform. Is that what it is?
Speaker 3: Or Uh? I don't know. I'm the wrong guy to ask. I don't I don't know. There's something it's I don't know. Maybe because he said he was coming back a hundred times and I just think I'm the type of guy I just write you off at that point, you know what I mean. So now he's coming back. But look, he branded himself. He did more for the sport than ninety nine point five percent of people did, so he deserves everything he did. I I just hope he's his training right, you know, he's not drinking, partying and doing that ship and uh not just coming in for a payday or for whatever other reason. I hope, I hope it's a good fight. That that that I hope, but I don't know. I think it'll it'll be good, but I'm not not super stoked for it. I mean I'm way more stoked for the poorer or Engagee and Pereira ring Gone. If that, if that, maybe that puts it in perspective. I think the guys that are current, that are constantly fighting, that's who I want to see.
Speaker 4: And you know, so then what then?
Speaker 5: Then what do you feel about Rousy versus Krano then compared to fucking Topuria and Podata? You know what I'm saying, right, Like you have to know. Well, that's what I'm saying though, but like.
Speaker 3: The same thing, yeah, same thing. I mean I was, I was happy.
Speaker 4: Look, so you're comparing Rowsy Corano to.
Speaker 3: No, definitely not. I'm not doing that.
Speaker 4: Okay, Well I'm not trying to be.
Speaker 3: I'm not Halloway. I love Holloway. Let's not. I know I'm saying no, no, no, I'm just saying, uh, it just looks like guys are grabbing money fights now, and you know, which is all good. That's why, like even Carono Resie, I'm happy. Everybody did good. I think everybody knew the way that fight was going. I mean, I don't even some people said it was a fix. I'm fixed. We were sitting in the boss saying exactly what was going to happen? Right, take him down?
Speaker 4: Alja people, I don't know the sport, but yeah, yeah, al.
Speaker 3: Aljoe had a hip tours to an arm bus. So I said, well, you were wrong. It was a double.
Speaker 7: Leg to a mount to an almo or whatever it was. But yeah, look, I'm happy for them. I'm happy for everybody on that card. I think the UFC does need competition, so I'm happy about that. I'm happy to see Poomy pick up a huge payday for a guy that only fought on the local circuits. To make one hundred and sixty grand, that's pretty nice, you know, for the kids. So I think that'll that'll help him out a lot. And uh, you.
Speaker 3: Know, I think most of the matches were put together to see exactly what we saw up guys get knocked out bad and for how to get submitted like that.
Speaker 6: See, I don't I don't think Connor. I don't think this is a money grab for Connor. I guess number one Connor doesn't need the money. He's his his second generation of kids are going to be all set. I think that for him, I genuinely believe that he thinks he's gonna come back and like, you know, make a run, like you know.
Speaker 4: Whether that's realistic or.
Speaker 6: Not, I don't know, but I think in his head that's actually what he thinks. I think he he wants to go out there. He wants to knock out Max Holloway, and then he wants some other big fight against I don't know who, but I think he wants I think he wants a big fight and he wants a challenge.
Speaker 4: That's what I genuinely think.
Speaker 3: Uh yeah, I don't know. I mean, look, Kenny, you know you've been around fight is. You know, nobody knows when it's time to get the fuck out, and uh, this is a big fight him in Holloway. That's a big name fight.
Speaker 4: He's a big dog.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, I just I don't know. I don't I don't know.
Speaker 5: If I was a straight shill, of which I have been accused in the past, I certainly wouldn't have. Even before Dana White suggests that maybe I felt like the ship had sailed on McGregor versus Chandler right, they're trying to put forth a more consequential fight than that. Now Connor the way, yeah, right now, Connor would plausibly be favored against Michael Chandler here, he's a plus three ten underdog. I think what Kenny and I are just talking about, and this is not me schilling. Yeah, we believe there's a competitive spirit there that is leading the dance when it comes to his return. And even if his own dreams about what this return could be maybe sound aspirational to us, if he thinks about like Islam, Makashev or something, I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that he performs very well against Max and potentially gets a knockout. And I don't think he should be plus three ten. So I don't know, But you know, your lack of enthusiasm, I'm not gonna let it necessarily curb mind.
Speaker 4: But I don't know.
Speaker 3: I mean, you know, no, he's the people love that guy. Look, Connor is a fighter. He handles him. I always thought he handled himself beautifully in victory and in defeat. Like again, his trash talking is second to none. I mean, do you think he'll sell this fight? Like he sold fights in the past.
Speaker 5: Well, I think the sales pitch is really that the man who did more to build the sport than anyone next to Dana White is back for the first time in five years. I mean, I don't know that there's any bad blood. Cody's suggesting he already is building the fight Kenny. I don't know how promotionally he's going to attack or not attack Max.
Speaker 3: I think Max is a hard guy to attack because he's such a freaking nice guy.
Speaker 4: So he's the man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, he is the man with that. So yeah, but look, I hope he comes back and does great and exactly what you say. But you know, you know, Kenny, as you get older, I mean your brain, Like sometimes I look at shit and the guy do that he's I can't even come close. Like it's just like your brain is definitely going to tell you could do things that your body can back up. And I don't know if he's at that point, but I'm saying like, based on whatever we've been watching, that guy has done a lot of damage to your to his body, and I know the body is resilient, but dude, that's a lot of drinking and drugging man like, God bless him, God bless him. He'd come back and do it. God bless him, because then he's a special guy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, I think that.
Speaker 6: I certainly saw that in some of the fights this weekend, where you know, Junior Desantus, I could tell he was trying to do certain things. Potty just would not let him write. I don't think Connor is at that point at all. I think that you know, he's gonna find out, and I think his coaches, I would love to think, would would know and be smart enough to say, all right, hey, listen, man, this training thing it's not working out.
Speaker 4: You look like crap. We got to cancel the fight. Er, I don't think you're ready.
Speaker 6: I think he's been building up for a while in training and saying, hey, he's looking good. Yeah, let's take the Max Holloway fight. I think they'd be foolish just to take any fight. And I think it makes sense, you know, given what Max Holloway did you know or has done the last few fights. I think it's a patch that does make sense, and I think we'll get a good gauge of how he performs here. It's like if he goes out there and like John says, like gets a knockout. Hey, maybe he is back and maybe he is a legitimate threat to some of the elite in the division. So I think it remains to be seen. I think we will get a better read on things in the next you know what month or so, whenever that fight is.
Speaker 4: And yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: Listen, look, look, first of if I'm happy for both guys, I'm just asking my enthusia about like I can't wait like this fights, I can't wait to see. Yeah, this one isn't one of them, but I hope they both performed great. And there's a big difference between looking good in the gym and going through that Ouctor gutten door and doing it. I'll give you a perfect gym, Anthony Smith. This is recent within a couple of years farming what Wideman said. I don't know how this motherfucker River loses a fight like he was Whiteman, still gonna crush you in the gym, but performing under the lights is different. His anxiety. There's other stuff involved. But and it's not a knock but like what you know, when I was with Chris and the gym, like nobody's taking nobody's running through the guy. He looks he looks great, but there's a lot. Then you make that weight cut you're not used to. You haven't done that in years. It's suck. What's what's the weight.
Speaker 4: Is also good?
Speaker 3: That helps him out. So Max is right that once.
Speaker 5: Well, Max is a big boy with a big frame, and he said to me, I think seven or eight years ago, that he wanted to take a fight at middleweight before his UFC career was said and done. But I think if Connor McGregor's preparation was being documented as if it was this otherworldly, you know, like bj Pen training for Kenny Florian type preparation, everybody'd be like, oh man, you know.
Speaker 3: Ten right that that would get me excited, right, So that's yeah, yeah, yeah, you're risking me now. And I'm just saying, uh, you know, I really didn't think about it. They just got announced. But it's not I didn't jump out of my chair.
Speaker 4: No, I'm not trying to.
Speaker 3: But you're you're right though. They start doing that and they get that guy going, I bet you I'm right in there with him. I'm just it's too early for me. Maybe that's the best way to.
Speaker 5: But I'm gonna get a T shirt printed that says Bounts of Consequence right as an MMA fan, Ultimately, Arnold Allen versus Melchaziel Costa in a tough division right at lead, that is a hugely important fight in terms of just straight bracket competition championship stakes.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 5: You know, It's not like Connor McGregor's gonna beat Max Holloway and get on a mic and be like, where's that Ecuadorian Michael Morales? You know, if I'm gonna get a title fight, I need to fight Morales or let me fight Carlos Protest earn my title fight.
Speaker 4: No, you know, yeah, it's.
Speaker 3: A fair matchup. Yeah, and I like it. I like it as an ancill everything. But I like to see the big fights with consequences now, you know for me.
Speaker 6: Yeah, And you know, when I'm making the comparison to the to the Corono Rowsey thing, I think there's there's two separate things that we're talking about here, right, There's like big names and then there's like big name fights, and then there's like quality matchups of where they're both at in their careers, and I think those are different. Then people can be excited about the names, and people can be excited about the matchups, or people could be excited about both of those things.
Speaker 4: And I guess that was my kind of competitive I.
Speaker 3: Was at a people were watching, you know, that's that's for damn sure.
Speaker 5: And I wasn't trying to be interrogative or at all. No, no, no, I guess I just like when Connor McGregor he fought Donald Troni early twenty twenty and then was off for a year, and then he fought twenty twenty one two times and was getting in an active competition cycle, a cycle that a lot of people suggested he would never get back in because of silk sheets. There was enough money to not and he wanted to be back, and then he broke his leg and one thing led to another and a two year delay became four and now five. But I don't think it's at all out of the room possibility that you see Connor McGregor here and if something good or bad happens, right, I mean what he lost to Dustin Pourrier and then turned it right back around, Like I feel like, yeah, he got knocked out and then turned it right back around. I think this dude's trying to fight a couple times, potentially in twenty twenty six.
Speaker 3: Now, how old is Conna? Now? How old is Conna?
Speaker 5: I think he's thirty six?
Speaker 4: Maybe Code, can you look at that up? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Maybe he's thirty seven anyway, very interesting.
Speaker 4: Thirty thirty seven, thirty seven, thirty seven years of age.
Speaker 3: He'll be thirty eight.
Speaker 4: So yeah, man, is that the landline?
Speaker 5: Ray?
Speaker 3: Holy crap?
Speaker 9: Is that?
Speaker 4: What that is?
Speaker 3: This? What are you a fucking rottweiler?
Speaker 9: Is?
Speaker 3: Does this guy have? Holy shit? Can they come over he and just protect my house? When you hear something outside like somebody stepping on a twig? So havn't it?
Speaker 4: It could also be that you're going deaf, my man.
Speaker 3: It could be Oh yeah, Kenny, there's no question about that. But nothing's getting better, Kenny, if that's what you want to know, Nothing is getting better.
Speaker 4: I think the difference is that Kenny is nicer than I am.
Speaker 3: That's pretty obvious.
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, yeah, my twin brother nicer than me. Everybody nicer than Kenny though, right, Like your cell phone beeps and you know, Kennedy good landline, Kenny, lets it go your dog?
Speaker 3: I think I think me and Kenny a guy. Don't sweat the small stuff. You're just you're sweating over.
Speaker 5: Every Yes, I thought you were gonna say me and Kenny are guys, guys which would also fighters, fighters or whatever, right, but yeah, I guess I do sweat the small stuff. And anybody else who sweats the product. Yes, Cody, we sweat the product. Look with the producers throwing you under the bus now he says, we sweat the product.
Speaker 4: So he doesn't like your phone.
Speaker 3: There you go.
Speaker 5: But anybody who wants to chime in, and the comments on YouTube that, uh, they appreciate me getting ahead of this phone stuff.
Speaker 4: I'd love to hear from you folk.
Speaker 3: Yeah, uh, men and men come out and support me. Please, thank you.
Speaker 4: I think our time with you is done unless you have anything else.
Speaker 3: One thing. Yeah, great night of fights locally? Is want to say that we had a clean sweep of seven people?
Speaker 4: Nice? So did you fix the matchups to go seven and oh?
Speaker 3: I mean yeah, a couple of them, but that from a local show, no, okay? Right? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Well R J.
Speaker 5: Clifford never was the beneficiary beneficiary of subject matchmaking like that, you know, and he still wants some fights raight, So seven and oh what was the highlight of the seven and oh before we getitar get, I.
Speaker 3: Gotta tell you we had a kid, uh kind of Conna Brendan. He's a nineteen twenty year old kid. He's got such a bright future. Man. He took on a man like he fought the man. He just really broke that guy down. That's off to everybody. Danielle how first fight she did fantastic. Uh, I'm gonna leave somebody out. Lewis, Uh did great. Joe Casey, Yeah, fucking Joey yay, Joey straight down the middle, right hand, flatten the guy. Great Joe title, great title, won the title. I'm gonna forget somebody. I mean it's gonna kill me. Yeah. Lord Roch had a great fight. She actually uh, they gave it like a majority split decision, but she definitely won the fight.
Speaker 5: Well, maybe next time you can have your man Steve Lee just right down the winners and provide surnames as well.
Speaker 3: Witness. But wait, whole day, leave anybody.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're training with long everybody wins. Hey, happy birthday? When's your birthday?
Speaker 3: Unfortunately one's day.
Speaker 5: Let's go May twentieth, May twentie, Yes, we got Cody May fifteenth. We got you made ros Buffer May twenty first, and you know what happens next Tuesday, May twenty sixth. No fucking fifty burger for ken flow fifty.
Speaker 3: No, no way, Kendots, Is that true? You look?
Speaker 4: Yes, you look?
Speaker 3: You look amazing. You look amazing, young, young, and hot.
Speaker 5: That's how old there we go Wednesday? How old are you going to be on Wednesday? I'm not telling you, okay, uh sixty three?
Speaker 3: Sixty eight?
Speaker 5: Jeez, I mean, my gosh, not a rink your eyes? I mean, do you get botox? Geez hey, thank you for your time.
Speaker 4: I love you. I didn't mean to come across as antagonistic, but.
Speaker 3: John, that's a true sign of love. What's the matter with you? I love you.
Speaker 5: Happy sixty eighth birthday?
Speaker 4: Right, happy burden there bro take it man, take it easy by very long co minute.
Speaker 5: Every week on the Anticaplorian podcast, we now go three wide and welcome in or other recurring guests. And he is so much more than that.
Speaker 4: Rated r J.
Speaker 5: R J. Clifford is with us live from the Pacific coast of the United States of America.
Speaker 4: RJ front and center. Good to see a handsome how are you doing?
Speaker 9: I almost don't want to interrupt. That was so fun just listening to you three.
Speaker 2: How how many?
Speaker 4: Just question?
Speaker 9: How many shows do I have to be on before I get a trip to Turkey?
Speaker 2: Sponsor shows? Do I have to do?
Speaker 3: To?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 9: These Clifford jeans aren't aren't hanging up like they should?
Speaker 5: You know, let me get at let me get a little serious on YOUA. Do you really want to go to Turkey and have a hair transplant? Is that something you're desirous of?
Speaker 2: Do you think I need one?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 5: I think I have a full head. I shave my head. I think men should shave there.
Speaker 9: I just can't be the this guy on this show and have the least amount of hair.
Speaker 2: I think that's bullshit.
Speaker 5: All right, Well be the case, because I do believe that there are sponsorship opportunities for people in mixed body transplants if they desire, or you could go to Ken Flow's place and you know, not even have to shave your head.
Speaker 4: There are options out there.
Speaker 5: I just feel like guys should shave their head and thereby look exponentially tougher.
Speaker 4: All right, so much to get dude?
Speaker 5: How about Ken Flow turning fucking fifty fifty can't but leave it? Yeah, I mean obviously there's a lot of complimenting of his looks on this show, not even on weeks in which he doesn't turn fifty, right, but like, let's not bury the dude, Like, dude, like I'm gonna be like when I'm about to be fifty, I'm gonna be pissed.
Speaker 9: How have you thought of how you're gonna say it? You're like half century? Does that sound like less than five decades? Have you like done like how many days that is? Like have you figured out what's like?
Speaker 4: The both are bad?
Speaker 6: I think half a century is pretty crazy, you know, just yeah, even just telling people like yeah, I was born in the nineteen hundreds, Like.
Speaker 5: I mean, I'll be happy when I'm forty nine, right that whole year be like I'm forty nine, forty nine?
Speaker 4: What's your fifty? Y?
Speaker 5: Like his whole energy changed off the top of the show when I.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I hear you.
Speaker 9: You know, like you're gonna have people asking, like you know which side on the north of the south?
Speaker 2: You know, when you start saying exactly.
Speaker 4: Half you must have been something before electricity?
Speaker 5: Yeah, all right, what a weekend appreciates r. J. Clifford providing some show notes, a lot of different directions in which we could go. So Ronda Rousey gets it done in seventeen seconds, and my MMA fanaticism is such that I immediately think, not Kayla Harrison, Amanda noon Is. But like, could she be competitive with the Norman Dumonts of the world in twenty twenty six?
Speaker 9: Well, I mean, and Composa put it perfectly on Twitter, like there's fighters in the top ten that are still around from the Ronda Rousey era, like she was still you know, there's fighters from when she was fighting that are currently ranked. So like you, like you said earlier, like Gina Carano could not have handed that win any easier to Ronda. So it's not like a great place to kind of gauge if she's in, Like you were tuning in to Ronda Rousey versus Gina Rona to see what they've been working on for the last seventeen years.
Speaker 2: Like he was really disappointed.
Speaker 9: It was, you know, it was vintage Ronda and and kind of vintage Gina in a lot of ways.
Speaker 2: But yeah, man, like.
Speaker 9: Of all the weight classes in mixed martial arts, women's bandam weight not exactly the Pacific Ocean of depth, and Ronda looked physically fantastic. Did you guys notice Kenny at all? Like she has like a kind of a weird stance, like was there like a limp. I don't know, I don't know if there's like maybe something going on with Da Ronda.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so yeah, Ronda had an ankle injury leading up to the fight. Apparently I didn't know until after the fight, but yeah, it was. It was definitely apparent like something was off. I couldn't tell if it was just a different kind of walk. But yeah, Because maybe this is a silly question, Sorry, go ahead.
Speaker 9: No, No, I'm just saying, like, when you you know, she's not fifty, but she's almost forty, when you you start getting like kind of chronic issues at that point, right, So that's what I was wondering.
Speaker 2: Was it like a chronic hip issue or is it Oh, she rolled her ankle.
Speaker 9: You know, I threw my back out with this with a sneeze the other day and I'm forty two, So I don't know.
Speaker 6: I don't know any high level grapplers who don't have something wrong with them or a variety of things wrong with them. But you know, maybe this is a silly question, but what were your expectations heading into this? Was this pretty much the way you saw it? And and what are your thoughts there? Those are like, yeah, that that was a fix. It's like you guys haven't seen a Rhonda fight.
Speaker 2: It seems yeah, uh that minus two thirty under.
Speaker 4: Round in a half or Randa buy arm bar.
Speaker 9: I mean, like right, like it was pretty standard operating procedure, right, I mean I don't I don't think Ronda is interested in competitive matchups, and I think this Geno fight was kind of what she wanted.
Speaker 2: It made sense.
Speaker 9: It was a high profile you know, I want to let my mind wander like John and be like man her like her versus Holly Home to her versus Cyborg like whoa Like that's talk about some like outside of the UFC awesome matchups.
Speaker 2: But I don't think.
Speaker 9: I mean, Rondo avoided Cyborg when she was enterprime, you know, and now that she's like, you know, wanted to have a family. And I don't know, Kenny, you you you around that far more than me does. Does Ronda feel like she's gonna keep doing this? Or is this kind of just a nice quick babay.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think this was kind of some closure from her last exit from the sport. I think this was kind of a fight that she wanted to put together just because of the nostalgia I think of the event. But yeah, I don't think she's going to fight again. And I think I believe her when she says she wants to go and make babies and yeah, but what are what are the fights?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 6: Did you find interesting that night on the MVP cord? Did you see the morays? Uh Pumi Tokuda fight and and the controversy here around that we've.
Speaker 9: Been Yeah, I'll and I'll stream it from the rooftops forever. I mean, you know athletic commissions that people call for just you know, breaking them down and fire everybody, Like, how about just a five minute presser after an event?
Speaker 5: How about just that?
Speaker 2: How about just that smidge of transparency.
Speaker 9: I don't think that's too much to ask, right, And if someone's gonna do it, it's the California Athletic.
Speaker 2: Commission with Andy Foster is one of the most fortificking commissioners.
Speaker 9: They have no motivation to do it. They you know, working in secrecy, is a great way to work. I wish I could do that myself, but I don't think it's a crazy ask. And I think that's I think that's a small step, but a giant step of.
Speaker 2: Just hey, Herb, what did you see?
Speaker 9: Yeah, I've people looked at the replay and you decided to go with submission at four fifty nine.
Speaker 2: Explain, please let us like put them in front of some journalists.
Speaker 9: Explain what you saw, give us your reasoning, and then at least we'll have that right, at least explain to what's what's going on as opposed to just all right, we're just asking questions and because like I know, they have no reason to.
Speaker 2: But it would just be so big, guys, it would be huge.
Speaker 6: Well, I think they do because it gives clarity to the fans who are watching it and be like, you know, what's going on here?
Speaker 4: How are you guys thinking about this?
Speaker 6: And I think it gets more importantly, perhaps gives clarity to the fighters themselves about like what's going on in this sport that they're participating in and risking their careers and lives for.
Speaker 5: Right, I mean, well, Cody saying Herb's gonna love you, Ary l hel Wani later today, and if anyone's gonna push him on that four fifty nine garbage, it's probably him, So that's a good thing. But the four fifty nine just makes no sense. So yeah, it's really interesting. And perhaps it is fruitless for me to even wander with my mind about Ronda Rousey because she isn't going to return to competition, but it is sort of, uh, you know, something that you do when we spend it for but probably fruitless there. So I do want to get to this capsule lock if I could. As two guys who know a thing or two about jiu jitsu, I don't want to sit here in all my ignorance and say I still don't fucking get it. But I have watched it twenty five times and I don't profess to have a bunch of clarity. So Kenny, I'll start with you, and then you can pass the baton unless ardel Yon gets it done by capsule lock submission. And this had never happened before in the UFC.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so you know, her opponent had got the body triangle from guard on her back, and a lot of times fighters have the wrong instinct of going, well, how can I make.
Speaker 4: This even tighter. Oh, I see her leg there.
Speaker 6: Let me let me tie my ankle in there and that will make it extra tight, only to actually give herself a knee or ankle lock.
Speaker 4: And and that was kind of the big issue there.
Speaker 6: It puts a lot of pressure on the knee capsule gives a lot of pressure also on the ankle sometimes as well, either the one that's tied into it or the far ankle.
Speaker 4: So it's a bad read. It's a bad idea for a lot of different reasons.
Speaker 6: But it was cool that, you know, the fighter was able to kind of take advantage of that. Is our or Alice Ardell.
Speaker 4: Butchered that. But the capsule lock.
Speaker 9: Uh somewhere Carl gotcha's smiling, right, It just looked like catch wrestling one oh one right, just kind of crushed something until it snaps.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 9: And Yeah, I'm with Kenny, like, hopefully this dissuades fighters from doing that body triangle from guard because there's like there's nothing there, Like, there's nothing there, there's nothing that Anderson yourself, man, Yeah, like I hope you learned your lesson. Go sit in a corner and think about it. Like Anderson still did a sweep, awesome sweep with that one time in Pride and he like he was able to get his instep under into like a cool sweep like. Other than that, it's just been a stall technique. So yeah, yeah, learn your lesson fighters.
Speaker 4: Stop it.
Speaker 5: You said r J that Arnold Allen versus Melchaz al Costa was perfect matchmaking, and it really was a good fight. I know Arnold Allen was critical of the meta apex after the fact, and that is a whole other core of an hour conversation, right.
Speaker 4: And I do believe that this fight would have been.
Speaker 5: Great or appreciated if it was a raucous crowd behind it. But I just thought Arnold Allen's boxing looked awesome and I thought this was great to watch.
Speaker 4: What are your thoughts?
Speaker 9: Shame on MVP for trying to counterprogram Arnold Allen Costa.
Speaker 2: Right, put a whole together, a whole car just to counterprogram these great featherweights.
Speaker 9: No, I mean you got you got Arnold Allen who went on this that fantastic run and then lost three of four against three of the top seven featherweights in the world, and then you had Melki want you know, one six in a row with style points in every single fight, just didn't quite have the names the scalps like the resume, so they both kind of collided perfectly. Arnold Allen I think deserve to not fight a former champion for a matchup, and I think Melki Costin deserved a high profile spot. But it just showed man Arnold Allen's just so disciplined. H The game plan was sound. There was a couple of times in the later rounds early where Milkie would kind of start to get a little bit of momentum and then Arnold Allen just shut him down, didn't let him get his way.
Speaker 2: It was awesome Arnold do that. I think.
Speaker 9: I don't know when you saw Kenny, but I don't I wonder if Arnold improved a lot or if Milk was just kind of a nice matchup for him. It seemed like Alan kind of just was able to be vintage Allen and was able to not cruise but.
Speaker 2: Made it made it look pretty easy.
Speaker 4: No I spotted. I think it was a little bit of both.
Speaker 6: I think it was a good matchup for him, but I saw and much improved Arnold Allen.
Speaker 4: He looked sharper. I think he looked.
Speaker 6: Refreshed, and he was just getting the better of those exchanges repeatedly against a very dangerous guy at Costa. He was trying to get things done, but Alan just seemed to be a step ahead every single time. And you know, there's been some times where to me, Alan didn't carry that same level of passion in some of the rounds, Like it's almost like he's kind of content to cruise sometimes. This one he was working, you know, for everything out there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, he didn't get a finish, not for any lack of effort, and he bemoaned the fact that he didn't get one after the fact. But again, he's looking for the rematch with Mavsori Ofloyev and uh still very much a featherweight force with whom to be reckoned. All right, A few other things here with R J Clifford Live on the Anakin Florian podcast. So the extent to which Connor McGregor is back back or back for one fight, I don't know, what are your thoughts on the matchmaking with Connor and what the rest of twenty twenty six Slash twenty twenty seven might hold for the notorious Connor McGregor.
Speaker 9: Well, I think with everything Connor McGregor, I think we get really caught up and understandably so and everything around the fight, because that's it's just a giant circus and in all the right ways when when Connor fights, and sometimes we forget about like.
Speaker 2: Connor Max two's a really fucking fun five boys.
Speaker 9: Yeah, like that's just good, like from just like a tape study nerd MMA standpoint. The most casual fan in the world can look at that fight and say, Wow, that's gonna be a lot of fun. Love the matchmaking, and they're fighting at one hundred. Who gives a shit pounds? Like just put those two badasses together and the little bit of storyline. They're already talking shit on Twitter like yeah, just just can't wait for International Fight Week for that fight. And then you know, the UFC also understands, like when there's a Connor McGregor fight, obviously that's what everyone you know, he's the one that brings all the boys of the yard, and so they match up the rest of the cards with people that are like good matchups, like you don't have to have giant name value, but guys they believe in and so like the rest of that card's fantastic too, But yeah, I think that's always the big question, right, is he there'll be five years in one day exactly between fights for him, and with that long layoff, is he coming back just to do this max thing?
Speaker 2: Because there's a lot of good fights.
Speaker 9: For him, right, Like that trilled you with Nate, Like I mean that trilled you with Nate das they could both be on a ten fight losing streak, and I think everyone's still gonna want to see Connor versus Nate three if that brings Nate back to the UFC, and then obviously multiple matchups and multiple weight classes for Connor makes sense.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm really curious about. I mean, Kenny, you know him better than I do.
Speaker 9: He doesn't seem like a guy that's just kind of like just Ronda just kind of show up, take a paycheck and bounce like he wants, like he thoroughly believes, like he's still the best fighter in like three way classes.
Speaker 6: Right yeah, I think that's what That's what made him so great was his self belief. And I think, you know, it's gonna be interesting to see how his training goes leading up to the fight, uh, and whether his body can stay healthy. To me, I think that's bigger than anything else is can't he stay healthy? Because I do think that if he is healthy, not only could he win this fight, he could potentially finish Max. I do think he's that good, He's that talented, And yeah, what are you expecting from Connor? You know, Ray was saying, well, maybe this is a money grap I don't think that's the case. Again, I don't work for the UFC, but I'm excited about it. And I do think that Connor is earnest in his attempt to go out there and beat Max and then see what's next, maybe face someone, uh you know, to go up to maybe to fight for a title at some point.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 9: I mean he's gonna be thirty eight in July, so that's obviously a factor here. I don't know how quite clean his living is to be able to sustain, right, you know what I mean? Like, you know, I'm forty two and just I was just trying to like play on the jungle gym with my daughter yesterday and a couple of cantile that Margoty is afterwards, and just like, nah that I'm kind of sore, you know, like my body through anything Connor has so but I think I think it's good that he's doing it now. I think he wants to and I think the next eighteen months or so is his like not last gas per se, but I think that's when it's most interesting, when it's you know, it's Connor. So even when we all kind of know maybe the wheels have come off a little bit, I think they're still intrigue and I think there's still, you know, stuff to be excited about. But I am genuinely intrigued, not just for the circus, but I'm genuinely intrigued, Like.
Speaker 2: How good is he?
Speaker 4: How good is.
Speaker 9: Connor McGregor right now in the year of Our Lord twenty twenty six act all the way? Is the perfect guy to find out?
Speaker 5: I think so well, And I would submit to you, are Jay, and I'm curious to get your thoughts on this. However efficiently, I would submit to you that he's better than plus three ten against most guys. Right, No, I mean this is not fighting Michael Morales, you know, Like I mean, go ahead, what's.
Speaker 2: The path to victory for Connor against Max Halloway?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 9: Like he's kind of have to knock him out, right, I mean he can't very hard, yes, right, It's like, what's the path to victory for Connor? It's and Max has finally been cracked, right.
Speaker 4: It took five rounds.
Speaker 9: We got five rounds, five rounds, right, like rounds the volume of Max Halloway.
Speaker 2: I don't know how many rounds Connor can win.
Speaker 9: Is he gonna put the wrestling shoes on again like he did the first time.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm just trying to think, Kenny, like, what's what.
Speaker 9: Are like the top three most like most likely paths to victory for Connor? And I'm thinking like knockout, knockout, knockout, Like, I don't know if there's another, like really really clean path to victory for.
Speaker 2: What was with Max.
Speaker 9: I mean, he could win rounds, he can win with kicks, he can win in the clinch.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I'm not saying, you know, Connor is this world class wrestler or grappler or anything like that, But I wouldn't be surprised to see him mix things up with takedowns. I think obviously he was forced more so than he wanted to win that first fight due to the torn acl during their fight. But I do think he's the more powerful puncher, So yeah, I agree with you on the knockout thing, but I wouldn't be surprised, especially coming off that loss against Charles Olivera. You know, you know in Charles Olivera, I think has very He's improved his takedowns, but he's.
Speaker 4: Not a world class wrestler either.
Speaker 6: And if I'm trying to win rounds or tire rout Max Holloway or mix things up and keep them guessing, I wouldn't be a surprised to see McGregor integrate some wrestling in this fight.
Speaker 5: It is interesting, though, when you think about the evolution of the UFC's welterweight division from twenty twenty one to twenty twenty six, right, because we all know Connor McGregor all filled with pride and championship asp. Right, this is not a welterweight division where maybe they're Kolby Covington or the great kamara Ousman Leon Edwards.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 5: I mean, just look at Ian Mashado, Gary and Carlos Protests and Michael Morales. These are like six foot three inch fucking monsters, right. I mean, I can't wait to see what the weltsweight division looks like in ten years, so there's a lot of exceedingly difficult fights at the top. Were he to do something special here at knockout Max.
Speaker 2: What's the uh, what's he got planned for pre fight hype? I mean, I can't imagine him.
Speaker 9: It's Max, right, he's just like such a nice guy, Like he's not gonna fly to Hawaii and throw a dolly through a bus, right, Like it's all away, you know, Like what are you gonna what do you like?
Speaker 2: How are you gonna tackle this?
Speaker 9: Like that's that's honestly most intriguing with x'es and O's like, what's Connor gonna do?
Speaker 2: Like, you know, because he does his research on his guys, right, Like he finds out about.
Speaker 9: Your family and your background and your trainer and your agent, Like.
Speaker 4: What's he gonna do?
Speaker 2: Max? I'm gonna deep there, Connor, Good.
Speaker 4: Luck, Argie.
Speaker 5: I want to get one thought on Francis Ganu, and it can be in the context of the win over Felipe Linz, it can be just in the context of his straight destruction as an MMA heavyweight. But it seems that at times, only in combat sports do we have to deal with the very best not fighting the best in their relative primes, right, I mean, the Cleveland Cavaliers and the Detroit Pistons just handled their business over seven games and like nothing gets in the way. And so while this win should be celebrated and my eyes are peeled at whatever Eastern Standard time hour, it's like, well, if he's not gonna be fighting the best heavyweights in the world and the not too distant future, you know, then let me get my who cares folder?
Speaker 9: Yeah, man, I mean it was just another reminder two of like I always thought, like, all right, if there's any you know, talking about getting older, there's any opponent that would make me physically shit my pants in the cage if I had to fight them. I thought it was Cane Velasquez and rus Marplarrez for both obvious reasons.
Speaker 2: It might be Francis I Ganu.
Speaker 9: Now, yeah, I think I just so destructive and like you said, Kenny, like he only needs to connect like at fifteen percent, Like he doesn't need to hit the chin. He can like just like the bottom knuckle to your forehead and your brain's rattling.
Speaker 6: Well, he'd killed two birds with one stone, RJ. Because you'd be knocked out and you'd shot your pants from the god.
Speaker 9: So either before or after, either either way that uh, the shutter speed of the sphincter is not gonna be faster. But but I mean to your point, right, like he's he's gonna be forty in September. It's heavyweight, so you can do a lot of that. I mean, why did he fight to spawnan a like that should have been the fight right there, right, But you know, MVP, you know they match made the way they did for uh knockouts and they got them. But yeah, it's it's it's so hard to find good heavyweights in the UFC heavyweight division sometimes, like trying to get a really good MMA heavyweight outside the UFC is a real challenge. And he time Francis is fighting mixed martial arts is it's a good thing. So I don't want, you know, I don't want to be too like.
Speaker 2: Too negative about it.
Speaker 9: Like they got him to do an MMA fight against the fighter on at you know, a UFC level guy on a win streag Sol That's that's a good thing. But I don't know, man, Like it's it's funny right whenever John Jones like legally can't fight Francis.
Speaker 2: That's when he wants to fight Francis.
Speaker 5: Like, of course, I know, I know, you know, it's like I'm really not trying to be negative. It's just there's nothing upon which to build here. I mean, he could fight Robellis to Spain, I guess for an MVP heavyweight title or something like that, but you know, I still it's gonna leave MMA fans jones and for more all right on a positive note to get you out. Corey Sanhagan accepting the rematch with Mario Bautista just speaks to everything that's great and racious about MMA, that Mario.
Speaker 4: Is so deserving.
Speaker 5: And you think back to the short notice UFC debut for him against san Haagen in twenty nineteen and Corey loses out on the O'Malley fight that he absolutely should have gotten as a blooded American, and now he accepts this fight right like there should be a GoFundMe for san Hagen just for fan approval.
Speaker 9: It is so weird, like I think of like fighter careers like not going the way I thought. And I'm like I thought for sure Cory sand Hagen would be on his like fourth title defense by now he's just so goddamn good and one of the best game planners and fighting minds that I love to just kind.
Speaker 2: Of byes with about fights.
Speaker 9: He just so and Marveltiz is one of the most underappreciated fighters in the division.
Speaker 2: He's, like you said, just so good.
Speaker 9: So like mistake free, which just in and of itself is so hard to do in mixed martial arts. I just yeah, this is fun stylistic matchup. It's two guys that I.
Speaker 2: Think are you know, criminally underappreciated.
Speaker 9: So you know, the bad thing is one of them is gonna lose, and it's gonna look real bad, right, Like, it's gonna look like it's gonna be a big, big setback. I'm just hoping the win doesn't just kind of hold serve for the winner. I hope it gets them to a place where they need to go.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Mario's the man, he really is. I think that umar loss is really going to fortune for that, all right.
Speaker 4: RJ.
Speaker 5: Clifford my man. So no UFC Lavevett this weekend, So anything planned? Do you have any recreational time or what?
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's the the rare weekend off and so now I'm on kid duty.
Speaker 2: She's got about forty eight birthday parties this weekend to go to.
Speaker 9: She's just was goddamn most popular six year old and all of the beach.
Speaker 2: I guess she obviously has her mom's charm, so they have to be doing that.
Speaker 9: And yeah, man, hey, just real quick before I go. Yeah, genuinely warmed my heart like a Thanksgiving dinner. Hearing Kenny call color again like it just is all. Obviously, your contributions to MMA are great here like in a podcast form, it's phenomenal and fantastic. But to be able to like touch live action like touch the sport is uh is where you need to be.
Speaker 4: So hopefully you're very kind man.
Speaker 6: Next time I see you, I'm buying you eighteen Cantaloupe Margarita's thank you.
Speaker 3: Oh beautiful, the.
Speaker 5: One at r J Clifford m m A, please go follow my man, you're the best.
Speaker 4: We'll we'll talk to you in two weeks.
Speaker 5: Enjoy your Memorial Day holiday and the Kenny Floorian fiftieth birthdays for abrighanza and we'll talk to you in two weeks on the first gym.
Speaker 9: Five decades, half century.
Speaker 4: Thanks RJ. All right, now, really good about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can't do the.
Speaker 5: Rated r J every week here on the Anna Contorian podcast.
Speaker 4: That's good.
Speaker 5: A lot of betting content today on the program, and some of you might be attacking the NBA playoffs right now. They're down to the conference finals. Four elite teams remain. In DraftKings Sportsbook, an official sports betting partner of the NBA, brings excitement to every game day the entire postseason. The playoff stars are turning it up round by round, and DraftKings turns it up with them from the first round all the way to the NBA Finals. You can bet player propositions, bet live futures, conference series prices, NBA Finals matchups, and only Draftking Sports Book keeps you in the action all the way through until a champion is crowned. And new DraftKings customers, you can bet just five dollars and you will get one hundred dollars in bonus bets instantly. Just download the DraftKings Sports Book app. Use code af pod so you're ready for the moment that is Code af pod turn five bucks into one hundred bonus bets instantly. A partnership with DraftKings, the crown is yours gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler or one eight hundred miles reset New York call eight seven seven eight hope en wire text hope en Why Connecticut call eighty eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven. Visit CCPG dot org on behalf of Boothill Casino in Kansas. Wager tax passed through may apply in Illinois twenty one plus In most states, Void and Ontario restrictions apply. Bonus bets expire seven days after issuance for adgitional terms and responsible game and Resources ce DKNG DOT, c slash audio limited time off or we'll keep the guest train rolling and we welcome in my better half.
Speaker 4: Eh No.
Speaker 5: I mean I hate when people said that, like right Mary Ah, I mean a married couple, words like oh, I imagine it inducing your spouse Kenny, like, oh, is it my better half?
Speaker 4: Death the fuck out of here? I mean we're twins.
Speaker 5: Imagine if I, oh, this is my better half, my my identical twin brother Jason Annik, what's up?
Speaker 4: What's up? Guys?
Speaker 5: Hey, flow, You know, the main reason he's talking about the fiftieth birthday is because you know we're going to be forty eight, and it's like, it is just so fucked being so much closer to fifty than thirty because we all sort of consider ourselves like kids in a way still, do you know what I mean? So so it's really our creep on fifty. That's the reasoning for him being so focused on that. If you want to know the truth, well yeah, it's.
Speaker 6: Like if you know you're going to be involved in a car crash, a very particular kind of car crash, like you want to see it first. And you guys got to cha to see me in that car crash, so I'll let you know how it goes.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well you know, and like I'm about to be forty eight, but my wife is forty five and she's going to be forty six in December, and I'm like, yeah, you're always on my heels like it happened to everybody.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 5: It's so but flow congratulations brother, you know what I mean? You know how much love I have? You tell how happy I was to see your face, your face, I mean as much as your voice at nine o'clock on the sticks. I just I don't have enough words. You guys have probably said a lot about that, but I'm just curious, were you like bolting to get up on that set to do those DraftKings gambling hits and then right back down to the booth.
Speaker 4: Tell me about what that experience was like for those that don't see I got my steps in on Saturday night. For sure. Yeah it was.
Speaker 6: It was kind of crazy. I was a little bit, a little bit embarrassing. I kind of felt like the president. You know. They had like security guards running me up and down, you know, to try to do these hits.
Speaker 4: But uh, it was. It was a little hectic. Man, it was interesting. But yeah, it worked out. You know, it worked out, you know.
Speaker 5: And I and I will say for Netflix and MVP. You know, I did this small thing for super Nova Boxing on Netflix this English translation right, So in a way flow, as I'm watching you, I'm feeling some of what is happening as Netflix dives into sports. Sports is brand new for Netflix, and so there's a lot of moving parts with these promotions right that are green if you will, so you can be sure MVP Netflix's second MMA event from a technical and production standpoint, will be leveled up from this event. Because you can only know what you don't know until you only know what you know until you sort of dive in. So for those watching a home expecting perfection, there's a lot of moving parts as these promotions and networks sort of dive in one.
Speaker 6: Hundred percent man, and John knows this better than anybody. But like you know, these MMA events, they're a gargantuine effort, you know it is, There's so much.
Speaker 4: That goes into it.
Speaker 6: There's so many moving parts, like you said, and you know, still, I think for them doing MMA for the first time, I thought it was a great success. I think it will only get bigger and better as time moves on. I think their biggest challenge moving forward is just, you know, getting the fights, getting the fights that matter, getting the fighters that matter.
Speaker 4: But from a production standpoint, I think they will only get better.
Speaker 5: So yeah, and one more thing, John, if I can, and I just want to shout out my friend Mike Perry. You know, there was a lot of talk about Nate Diaz ad nauseum, right, and Mike Perry was sort of almost an afterthought, and he got himself in tremendous shape. Still was gassing a little bit through that ten Minutes of War if you will, it does seem an inevitability now that Nate Diez is going to be finished by technical knockout, you know, and blood Stitch most certainly called that fight. But you know, Mike Perry, who's been in the bare knuckle boxing realm unable to use all of his mixed martial arts skills to mix some of those back in. I think it's no secret that his presence in dirty boxing has evolved his elbow game. He was throwing elbows, I think from just sort of being in that sort of realm. So I was proud of Mike Perry for being really very prepared. And while he has made a lot of money in his career, Taxman came coming about a year ago, so I'm glad that he sort of got this opportunity. And you know, Mike Perry is his authentic self now, just like he was five ten years ago when he was running through a window pane of glass. And the authentic self that is Mike Perry now is a mature, more different cat. And I'm excited to see where his career goes. Because that Perry Diaz fight had me excited for weeks.
Speaker 6: Going dude beautifully said, and I think that he probably because of those reasons you just mentioned, was the bigger, biggest winner of the night. You know, it's like giving himself options for non only bare Knuckle and MMA, but like now he becomes that big name, like you beat Nataz for whatever, it's like you're gonna be a bigger star because of it.
Speaker 5: So yeah, and I thought he was great on the microphone, you know, He's like, I got the job done. And then Ariel o'hellwani said to him, you know, maybe it wasn't as an emphatic as you would have liked. And I'm sitting there thinking it was emphatic, and then Perry says, he's like, I think it was emphatic because it was just because it ends without someone asleep on the canvas.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 5: I thought it was very emphatic beatdown that it was not without adversity. Natiez certainly came back at times. So anyway, just proud of Platinum today. Yeah, well, of course, yeah, no, And I think probably to this point to the show, Perry was a little bit under celebrated relative to the win. I was still stuck on us acting like children. That's the issue. Whether we dressed like children at times, that doesn't apply to any He's been fashioned forward since like his early thirties.
Speaker 4: But acting like children. You know.
Speaker 5: I was with the spron Thrown Sport Coffee CEO Michael Fidelli at the fifteen of the Mahome's Golf Tournament, you know, and he's like, yeah, that clip of you on the podcast, like crushing the can on your head, like we used it in like a clip for Target. We just like edited out you dropping the F bomb. And it's like, I don't even remember that, you know what I mean. I tried to give myself cauliflower ear. That's the twin thing that was in my head right now. They are gentlemen out there who are actually getting I sent it to you, John, like plastic surgery to look as if they have cauliflower ear, to look like tough fighters. John tried to give it himself. I was drunk on a watch party and somebody challenged me to do it, and I took a couple of shot glasses and I was smashing my ear cargili the shot classes and uh it started to hurt too badly, so I didn't end up with cauliflower ear, but uh yeah, hopefully someone doesn't challenge me to shoot my ear up. Can you imagine how I'd get so last thing and then you you can take it back on the rails. But ken flow hair looked phenomenal, right, game calling a little bit after Turkey, if you will, Right, I could have been could have been healing, if you will. So the flow was flowing.
Speaker 4: Coincidence, I don't think.
Speaker 6: So It's funny because I still wear hats, you know, on the show and someone someone's comment was, Kenny's the kind of guy to go to Turkey, get hair transplant and still wear hats. Yeah, yeah, I don't have a had a today, So there you go.
Speaker 4: Oh it needs to breathe, you know. Yeah, let it agree on.
Speaker 5: Jason, anything else pressing before I get to opening up some cards. Anything on the weekend that uh that maybe ended.
Speaker 4: Up just real quickly.
Speaker 5: You know Ricky Lindell in the corner of Ronda Rousey, right, but probably didn't didn't need him as much, but like got to know Ricky Lindell through the Professional Grappling Federation. He's a big part of that promotion. And Ronda Rousey I mentioned this on a previous show, but she came to the PGF. She was embedded with those athletes sort of in their camp. And so even though we only saw sixteen seventeen seconds, Rowsey and Lindell did the work, and I think she had more to show than we were able to see.
Speaker 4: I agree with that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I was gonna say, Ricky is one of the true good guys in the in sports and a fantastic coach. And the whole story about him calling Ronda, you know, when Ronda wasn't doing anything, saying hey, would you teach me judo and kind of in the back of the back of his mind knowing that.
Speaker 4: He's like, I'm going to get her to compete again like that. This is like in the back of his mind.
Speaker 6: He said he kind of had like a message almost from God, and that he that was a part of his plan.
Speaker 4: And you know, I have chills thinking about it.
Speaker 6: But yeah, they're They're a dynamic duo for sure, and it was great to see Ricky over the weekend.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 5: I mean, I could take these two sports cards and maybe try to give myself cauliflower Domina. Cruise Cruise has almost done, John stop stop Cruise has stopped. Like cruise, Yeah, crew, we'll have can you do it? If I lose the main event challenge this year. No imagine Domina Cruise was getting after you a little bit in the past, almost hurting you. Go ahead, No, dom I will never wrestle with him again.
Speaker 4: He is I I.
Speaker 5: He's trying to hurt me sight trying to hurt all right, So what if I told you sixty dollars investment could land you a sixteen hundred dollars UFC card.
Speaker 4: Maybe today will be the day.
Speaker 5: Homo Fight repacks power by Collectibles dot Com, So you secure your pack inside is an authentic graded UFC card. From there you have choices. You can keep it secured in your online vault, ship it home to your collection, or you can move it right back to Collectibles dot Com as we often sell it right back here on the program. But if you love MMA, if you thrive on anticipation, if you appreciate championship level stakes, this is your moment Homo Fight Cards dot Com, or you can just download the collectibles app get in on the action. Sometimes the biggest wins don't happen inside the octagon, So this is the interface. If you are watching on YouTube, and hopefully we have audio up today. So Kenny Florian is going to try to reel in a big one today. We're going to open with Ken Flow's account for the most part fine print at the bottom, autograph cards we are keeping in the vault and giving to you fans. All right, so, Ken Flow, you do a solid, if not big hit. Right team is with glob Slash Team Florian.
Speaker 4: What do we got here? Come on, all right, I don't have my music something like that, all right, Ken Floorini Aldonna Yes.
Speaker 5: At twenty twenty three pen eighty Prism UFC seventy two, Reine Aldonna Octagon Prism PSA eight, and they are offering you ninety percent buy back fifty two dollars and ninety cents, or you can keep it in your vault, can.
Speaker 6: Flow Aldnna she's a beast. I love the way she fights, but uh, I mean ninety percent buy back.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna do that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's selling it back PSA eight. Yeah, sell sell, sell, sell sell, So Ken Flow has his cash probably sitting in there. I just keep buying again, all right. Ken Flow is getting a second pack today. Arena al Donna has been sold back. Yeah, Kenny's got like four hundred bucks mins nineteen dollars this fucking.
Speaker 4: A good thing.
Speaker 5: None of it belongs to any of you. It's all Matt tanners Holm A fight cards. That's his gorilla.
Speaker 4: Go ahead, what do we got here? Hom a fight special pack?
Speaker 5: Come on, ken Flow, no referees, no Whammy's in that? Oh oh yeah, kid Poeton worth worth less than al Donichrome UFC number two, Alex Padata Blue Geometric PSA nine, Kenny, you should keep Alex.
Speaker 4: Patata keeping that for keeping that? All right? Good?
Speaker 5: So we got one for the vault, potentially a fan giveaway. Cody, don't zoom in like that, just keep it the way it was. If you don't mind, I know you're trying to help.
Speaker 4: Less is more So.
Speaker 5: After the show, I'll go in and sort of assess my vault or whatever. Potentially have some shipped back. So depending I'm due for another shipment. So depending on how it goes today and how these two fight cards go, I might be shipping some hall but again at Anti Florian pod on either X or on Instagram if you would like to be considered for one of these cards. Right back in our second we could do in this. I had got an algabin Sterling autograph and I was just in cell mode because I'm trying to whack something for six seen hundred dollars and then would it be my money, Jay if I hit a big one or is that Matt Tanner's money if I You know, that's a good quin. I feel like we use that this platform to give back in terms of ripping open the cards, you know. But hey, it's up to you guys. Hey, John, no risk brace today, Sorry Coch, No risk brace today, No risk brace today. All right, here we go, sixty dollars for my Home of Fight exclusive MMA repack card all PSA graded. Pretty maids all in a row, right, Pretty maids all in a row from Tommy Boy talking about the cows when the cows come home, big hit, when the cows come home. I'd love me some Drino. So you're gonna get PSA ten for Dereno, you're gonna get me no matter what. Oh and we're not selling this one at twenty twenty one per refs number two sixteen Gilbert Dreen Yo burns PSA ten. They're offering me back thirty nine dollars on my sixty. I'm gonna keep it in the vault. CODs man, all nice, all right, so we'll keep Gilbert Burns and potentially for a giveaway, all right, card two of two on this very program, I've had a solid hit and also a big hit. And it'll tell you with phraseology at the top, if you have acquired a card that is either a solid or a big hit.
Speaker 4: And let me know if you open these fans I'm dying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there you go.
Speaker 5: All right, So in twenty twenty three, Pinty select you f C number three hundred Jacks Sure Gold Disco PSA nine. They're offering me slightly more than I paid for it, so we will accept the ninety percent buy back sixty and forty four cents gives me fifty seven and change. And uh, as soon as we get off the airwaves, I will purchase another card.
Speaker 4: Dude, it's flow.
Speaker 5: It's happened twice on this show where you know the identical twin thing. It just does happen, which is why maybe John I are destined not to do shows together. But I can't tell you twice on this show the same ship. He says, I'm about to say it. I literally was about to say, Yeah, I'm gonna tell her, you're gonna go buy it. Right, and and the cauliflower ear the cauliflower ear thing was in my ear.
Speaker 4: No pun intended as well, what's your hair doing these days?
Speaker 8: You're going, oh, oh right, but.
Speaker 4: I was months.
Speaker 5: I'm ready to shave it the funk off if you want to know the truth.
Speaker 8: Hey, thanks buddy, Hey, have a great rest of your days.
Speaker 4: Jason Anak with us here on the ankin Floring Podcast.
Speaker 5: Finally, I would like to thank Kevin Burt and everybody at the fifteen and the Mahomies Golf Foundation Classic Shadow Creek Golf Course. I played some terrible golf, but I got amazing athletes and uh on day one, I did not play with Marshall Falk because he didn't show up to the practice round. But if you don't know one of the greatest running backs and greatest football players of all time, and I go out and it says Marshall walk John Anne, because if we're going to be sharing a golf cart together, but the actor comedian Anthony Anderson just a tremendous individual. Rober Riggle I got to ride in a golf cart with on practice round day and just some tremendous golfers and professional athletes and all for a good cause, and I wanted to thank those people. Want to thank Ray Longo and r. J. Clifford and Jason Anak and Cody Marrow and Nathan Bronson and everybody behind the scenes at the Anak and Florian podcast.
Speaker 4: Happy birthday to.
Speaker 5: Cody and to Raymond Peter Longo, but mostly to the fifty Burger. Next time we talked to you, Ken Flow will be fifty. It'll be the first of June. We hope everybody has a good long weekend and a great Memorial Day. And thanks to all that have served this country past and present, and we will be back to you on the first of June. For kem Flum John and thanks for watching listen. Tell your friends you'll letter