Speaker 1: Hi, Hi, how are you. It's been so long.
Speaker 2: I know, I was excited. I feel so big time. When I have certain people on, it's weird. I can't explain it because usually I'm just like ranting talking about bullshit like tuna fish. And then there's someone that I'm like excited about because I only swear in my life. I only have people on when i'm excited about them.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm excited to talk to you. I'm excited to have a big talk.
Speaker 3: I feel like so much has changed for both of us and to be last met and like you are like now the TikToker, the TikToker, Like you're moving and you're just like in this amazing era and you're just like killing it and you're so I mean, I know social media doesn't tell the whole truth, but you seem very inflow and very happy right.
Speaker 2: Now in the pocket.
Speaker 1: It's very cool to see. Thank you.
Speaker 2: No, let's do our perspectives about each other and then let's correct them. Let's do that. That's fun. Okay, So okay, first of all, I don't think I knew last time it was Christina Najar that that's your name.
Speaker 3: That's my real name. Yes, and I gave myself to Tanks the nickname when I was like twelve long sto.
Speaker 2: Oh, I did know that. I do remember that. I actually do remember. I forgot that. I remember that.
Speaker 3: Wait a second, So who calls you Christina? Like my parents and that's kind of it. My parents and a few friends maybe from from high school, but mostly everybody calls me Tinks.
Speaker 2: Right, and also like you kind of don't have a last name, which is like me, and that's very cool.
Speaker 1: It's kind of cool. Yeah, it's easy, and it's like, you know, it works. It's easy. It's four letters, you know, one and done.
Speaker 2: So that's a good question. If someone meets you on an airplane, all right, so you meet like a really successful like mobil baller guy who's like a big player but doesn't know anything about this world, and like you're smart in your edge.
Speaker 1: Justina all the way, I'm like, Hi, I'm Christina.
Speaker 2: Okay, but like then, even more, what do you do for a living? Now you're gonna be like I'm an influencecause he's gonna think you're some thought dope.
Speaker 1: It's tough and I don't know.
Speaker 2: At me, I'm in my fifties. Can you imagine me fel.
Speaker 1: Like I'm a TikToker. They're like what.
Speaker 3: And by the way, I'm not ashamed, and I know you aren't either of being an influencer whatsoever. I love it and I think it's amazing, but there is some judgment if people don't live in this world and they don't know, there are preconceived notions. So I say, like, I have a radio show first, because I feel like if they don't live in the world, it's true.
Speaker 1: And I can go in.
Speaker 3: And then I'm like, and I do a little influencing on the side, you know, kind of interest edge them into it, versus just come out and be like I talked to my phone for eight hours a day.
Speaker 2: Well no, but it's more that like saying influencer. It's even worse at your age because it sounds very like, of course you are you want to buy like anel bag? Yes, thirty something years old, you want me to take you to for me? It sounds insane, But it's different.
Speaker 3: It's not like it's interesting. It's like, why what do you mean you're a TikToker? Like that's so cool, very weird. Yeah, no, it's cool, but it's Christina to guys.
Speaker 2: Okay, so Ristina to guys, So, how has it evolved since last time? So you've had ebbs, you've had flows, You've had cancelations, you've popped off, you know, like what's real, what's not real? Like, tell me about the state of the union, address of this career where you are, what you've learned, and like how it's going.
Speaker 3: It's funny. It's really a different job than I thought it was. And there's so much more ebbing and flowing than I thought. And you kind of have to like take your lumps and you kind of have to ride the wave through it and survive it and be like, Okay, I didn't die. Like it was bad, but I didn't die, and I'm still here and I still you know, I'm still creating things and it's okay. So I've been an influencer for five years now. I started in COVID. It's twenty twenty five, coming up. Five years. I think that I'm sort of ready to start a new era of my career, leaning more heavily into bigger projects like the book and you know, it's being made into a TV show and I'm an executive producer and these are things that really interest me because I still love to share online, but I'm just kind of looking to do bigger.
Speaker 2: Deeper, deeper.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I wish that I was more business minded like you, like, trust me, I think for thirty minutes a day, what's my skinny girl? Like, I really do think, because I would love to do a project of that size, but I'm not. It's just not like that natural to me business. I'm more of like a, Oh I have an idea for a movie. Oh, I have an idea for a show. I have an idea for a book. So that's what I'm leaning into. I'm trying to lean into what I'm good at, and we'll see how it goes.
Speaker 2: How old are you?
Speaker 1: Thirty four?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's still very very right. I mean I didn't become I was broke until I was late thirties, and it all sort of like comes together. It's case law and so like you're just like sort of I took a bartending class after college, and I went to acting and I then produced large scale events where like the Emmys the Grammys, and would coordinate all the food and beverage and the lighting and the sound. All these things have somehow come into like my house renovation projects, my ability to pull thanks to together, I produce things like it's sort of all like converges and then it gets concentrated, but you can sort of be nimble and shift it. Like I wasn't planning any of this a couple of years ago, like this was. I was planning towards sort of semi retiring, just doing what I wanted. This is com I was talking to my best friends since high school last night because we were talking about hacks, and I'm like, is that not me? In twenty years? So I'm going to be in a Rolls Royce like negotiating for a figurine in some store. But it actually isn't me because I'm not like her or Joan Rivers, where I define my life by the calendar and how full it is. And I said, when the tables go cold, I'm walking out, like I'm totally cool. I'm only doing this because the tables are hot.
Speaker 3: No, you're doing it because it's working. It's fun and like you're doing it and that's why it works. I think it's like it's kind of a self fulfilling prophecy. That's why it keeps working. Is because you're like you could take it or leave it. You're just exactly exactly and like that shows and like when people need it too much, you can tell and people are like, eh, yeah, So I think that's why it's worked and it's very cool. Like I think about you all the time. I think about how you know it came together for you. I think about having your daughter all of that, Like it does inspire me and I think about it. I'm always like, last time I did your pod, you were like, oh, You've still got so much time, And I'm like, I hope she tells me that again, because I feel it's o'clock, sticken.
Speaker 2: No, beyond beyond time. But also I feel like you are there's a more relaxedness about you too. It feels like you popped off. It was the biggest thing in the entire universe. You leveled out. You had like a rough moment which I messaged you about. Yeah, it seems like you're more comfortable in your skin. Like you're just like this is what this is and it doesn't have to I don't know if they hit a home run every day, but I I and I could get get banged up, but like we're here, like you said, the store is going to open every day, and this is like it just doesn't seem it's just an energy and I could be totally wrong. You're just like, this is what I want to talk about. This is what I find interesting. As niche as it is. I'm not forcing it, I'm not pushing it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, totally. It just takes some time.
Speaker 3: And like, honestly, in a weird way, like being canceled did kind of level me out because I was so like I was like breathing, like the la I needed everything. I needed to go to every party. I was obsessed, I was missing you know.
Speaker 1: It was just like it felt like if it went away, I would die.
Speaker 3: And it did go away for a couple months, and I like learned who my real friends are and I really learned how that would all work. And then I came back and I was like, you know, you kind of recalibrate and you figure out what matters and you figure out how it goes, and it's like it is a job at the end of the day. It's like before I think I was like this is I breathe it it's my life, Like my phone is first like everything for the.
Speaker 1: Story, and now I'm like, it's a job.
Speaker 3: I love my followers very much, I love making content for them, but at the end of the day, the Internet, it's a job and I'm going to do what I am going to do and if people like it, that's great, and if not, then that's okay too.
Speaker 2: I think it's interesting. I just thought that you said that it leveled you out because you didn't really know that the wolves are always at the end of the bed.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: I was talking to Tim dill in the Comedian about this last night because I have no I really don't have fear, but I'm not going to jump on the sun for no reason. I've said things in my career that like I could have said another way, like it literally didn't need to be said, or just say it a different way, or asked the question to other people. It's nothing to do with fear. It's just like it wasn't my hill to die and who cared? But the thing that I said that could cause me so much problems. And I fly very close to the sun, Like there's something about politics I want to talk about today, and like I'm thinking my team and be like, what the fuck do you need to be doing that now, but like whatever, fuck it, I want to do it, so I try to fly close, but I don't need to be on the sun. But if things are going too well, and it's not that I'm like negative or bet against myself, I don't like it. I get uncomfortable. The way that you described what you're going on in LA that sounds to me like being on a very dangerous role, coach. I don't like it. I was just invited to the derby to do everything properly the whole entire weekend, and I grew up going to the races, but like had to scrounge for to get things, and like now it's like of course, like elite and VIP. I don't like it when it's too much and too much of me, and when it's too good and too liked, like I don't like it. I'm a comfortable because the wolves are at the fucking end of the bed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's that phrase where it's like the devil comes for you at your highest moment, and it's like true, it's like you're riding high, like everything feels amazing, and then it's like boom, and it's like you kind of have to not be always looking over your shoulder, but like to your point, you kind of have to know it's there and just be like okay, like it is what it is. And that's why you need to do exactly what you want. You need to pick the fights you want to fight and leave the shit that doesn't matter. But you're fearless, Like I think about you all the time, like in your comments, like you're so funny. You just talk right back to people and you're just like you don't give a shit. You're just like you're like you'll or whatever. And I'm like, yes, like I'm dying for it because you don't care. And and by the way, that's why this is awkward. You're still here, no, yeah, because because very few people are just like, yeah, like this is what I think, and it's okay to talk about these things.
Speaker 1: We're all gonna be okay.
Speaker 3: We're very much in a time where it's like people don't even say their opinion anymore, which is why I think we've gotten to this place, by the way, this extreme place where everyone's like can't even have a conversation without qualifying sixty things exactly.
Speaker 4: That's so, and it's okay. And that's okay exactly. You know, you can say like I don't like this TV show. It's all right, and people are like, but why did you right? Sometimes you just don't like something. And by the way, I think that we were all a lot happier when we were living in a time when you could say I like that, that's not for me whatever. Now we kind of find a weird moralizing thing. But behind everything we can't. We don't think it's proper to just say, actually, don't like that actor. He's not for me.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 4: I was like, well, you know, twenty years ago he said this and he had a dog that you know, blah blah.
Speaker 1: And exactly just say you don't like him. It's okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's couched in such bullshit because we're supposed to use your voice. You have a voice to use it.
Speaker 1: Shut the fuck up.
Speaker 2: You can't use your voice. You have to be muzzled.
Speaker 1: It's ridiculous.
Speaker 2: Yes, And the thing is, there was a movie years ago Sandra Bullock's speed when she had to keep the bus at fifty five miles an hour, couldn't go higher or lower, everyone would die. And that's kind of a little bit what it's like meaning when you go through something like a cancelation or something is really bad. I don't know who I said this to, but you have to hold on to the steering ael but you cannot hold on too tight. But you cannot let go right. You can't like go hide under a rock, but you can't like go hard in the paint. You're kind of just like.
Speaker 1: You kind of just have to go through it. You kind of just have to go through.
Speaker 3: And by the way, when I was canceled, I thought, like all the people that I was jealous of, I thought, they'll never get canceled, They'll never get canceled. I made this little list in my mind. You know, every single one of them has been through some cancelationship. Yes, yes, nobody's safe. They're gonna find something. They're gonna keep fucking deeper.
Speaker 2: So you know it's cancelation is so canceled. No one's it's not. Cancelation is fucking canceled. Okay, But this is the bigger moment. The amount you learned through something negative is so much more valuable than like you need. Like it's unbelievable. There's something that I was just dealing with with my daughter and like it will define her. And it's like I thrive on how to deal with something in a crisis with all this relief work and all this stuff. Like I'm just good in a crisis and I don't want to have that experience.
Speaker 1: Believe me.
Speaker 2: It's not like I'm saying, like I'm a I have a death wish. I'm saying, but like when it clicks in, it's a puzzle and I can always figure out how to like navigate it, how to like drive on that road. And it is a skill set and it's so helpful for things in life that really matter, family matters, for financial matters, health matters, whatever. Like these things are like you have to take a deep breath, pay attention to how you're navigating somebody, because there are many ways to go and they all sometimes my good ideas. You think this, you think that the other thing, But like I pride myself on being like making that right decision, and that's because of a series of you know, difficult things. So that's what's really good. Then you're like fuck it, Nope, this is bad. We're all in fucking mode. Now let's go. Yeah, what is the basis of what you were discussing over all life.
Speaker 3: You know, a lot of what I talk about is how to navigate this new era that we're going through, navigate dating as best I can. Again, I'm not an expert. I just have found a way.
Speaker 2: What isn't that there is no expert there, there's literally no expert.
Speaker 1: But I have like the little.
Speaker 3: Tips and tricks to like not make yourself go crazy, and and and then also I just give like advice and people are like, what qualifies you.
Speaker 1: I'm going to tell you something. Common sense is not that common.
Speaker 3: I think that people call my radio show because they think generally I have pretty good manners and I can kind of figure out we can do.
Speaker 1: You could have a good situation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you could also have a good communication start. I had wrote a book called Naturally Thin, and my ex was like, you need to go become a nutritionist to write this book. I'm like, no, I'm a person that food noise exactly. I invented the term food noise and people were battling me in my own comments about food is like, yeah, hi, I'm the first person ever used it. It was when the dinosaurs walkfe or some other person regurgitated it. So shut the fuck up and sit down. But the point was I wasn't a nutritionist. I was a person that was noisy about it. What d what not? Dat I was good? I was bad? Like yeah, binged I So you're that of dating. Okay, So all right, so let's get into the book and the TV show and wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah it's fun.
Speaker 3: It's called Hotter in the Hamptons said in one of your favorite places. It's a spicy romance novel. It's an easy beach read. It's about an influencer who has a spicy summer flang. I did it because I wanted to do something creative. I wanted to do something that was like, I mean, there's parts of it in there that are met because obviously it's an influencer about why not make it influencer.
Speaker 1: But it's creative, it's fun, it's spicy.
Speaker 3: A lot of it is influenced by my followers and the questions they've asked me. They a lot of them have been like, I watch lesbian porn? Is that normal? And I'm like, yeah, it's normal. A lot of women have that fantasy, like of course, really, yeah, So it was kind of inspired by my followers asking me that and because she has a summer flame with a woman and.
Speaker 2: Wow, Hotter in the Hampton's is the best name.
Speaker 3: Yes ever And I wanted it to be like rich mom location like I had. I have this whole idea for a series where each book is going to be set in a new place that's.
Speaker 2: Rich all this, I want to be in it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I want to be in it. I want to be in an episode. I'm going to write you into the next one for sure.
Speaker 2: And it's going, Wow, that's amazing. Okay, so Hotter in the Hampton's And who's doing the TV show and what's happening? This is so exciting, so.
Speaker 3: That you're going to be as No, I'm going to be an executive producer though, which is so exciting.
Speaker 1: My first time.
Speaker 2: Foster sisters are in it.
Speaker 1: No, they bought the rights, so they're going to make it into a TV show. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So I'm so excited. I can't believe it. I'm so like they are the moment. They are so smart. I worshiped them. I thought their show was ten out of ten. Last year, Nobody Wants This was so good and yeah, everyone was talking about Yeah so they I mean, I still can't believe it, Like I have the most imposing them, Like it's crazy.
Speaker 2: But it totally tracks and it's a perfect trajectory for you. Like this is like a real like Sex and the City thing. It's totally on brand. Like the one who was on the Housewives who did the Sex and the City. I can't remember her name, you know she was on this, Candace.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, Candace ye? Yeah yeah right yeah.
Speaker 2: So wait a second, So what happened? You have an agent, and your agent packaged it and pitched it. Is that how it happened.
Speaker 3: Yeah, when we announced the book, we sent it to a bunch of different producers, and I couldn't believe it that they wanted it and that they were doing it.
Speaker 2: You had this idea when writing the book, You had the idea to write a book and make it a TV show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I thought, like I thought maybe, I mean, it was a pipe dream. I had no idea what actually happen. I was like, oh, I'll just see how it goes. But I'm really thrilled beyond and I'm excited to just do like this bigger project and work on something you know that's going to take a year plus. It's like I'm used to making videos that are made in five minutes and posted immediately, So it's.
Speaker 2: No, yes, but you're very like smart and thorough and like that's very that's like more meat on the bone. How many episodes? And did it start shooting? And where's it going to live?
Speaker 1: We're talking to writers now.
Speaker 3: I'm loving every second because it's just like it's so cool to be in these meetings. It's so cool to have a seat at the table and to just hear how it works.
Speaker 1: And it's really like feeding me.
Speaker 3: I feel like I was ready for like the next thing, and it's it's really doing that for me.
Speaker 1: So I'm very excited.
Speaker 2: But it's early, very on brand for you. It's very very good. And the good news is that you can use the shitty things that happen in the in the book, like everything's content, Like Nora Ephron like of course that.
Speaker 1: She gets canceled in the book obviously, So.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's I got.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: I got to read it when I'm hot in the Hamptons because I remember that you were and you have to have your tabasco salad dressing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, we have to hang out this summer at least once we have to get drunk in the hands together.
Speaker 2: One hundred percent.
Speaker 1: You're off alcohol, but you're gonna know.
Speaker 2: I'm back on but not crazy, and i'mant during my saki era. We could talk about it later. The Lord's work.
Speaker 1: I love saki.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna make saki mainstream.
Speaker 1: Just wait, I love that.
Speaker 2: Just wait. I've decided, and if I decided, it's going to happen.
Speaker 1: If you decide, then it's going to happen.
Speaker 2: And if I decide that it's going to be the new chicken salad, then it's going to be the new chicken salad.