Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy nom the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fined nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned, and deported. You will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 2: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security.
Speaker 3: You guys talk about brands, and you talk about andre or even you know a brand I was able to have from the NBA. How did you guys are getting we start your brand? So you know now you have, you know, festivals and people following you all over.
Speaker 2: The one point four million subscribers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean that's actually crazy y'all got out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you appreciate it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean the largest story really is formattic in purpose. To be honest with you, his career was as a financial advisor.
Speaker 2: I was a teacher. We had an opportunity.
Speaker 4: You know, every summer I took kids from my neighborhood and they were part of this program.
Speaker 2: We were teaching them.
Speaker 4: About the things that they missed in the ten months of school. Right, So everybody goes to school and they're like, I don't remember anything.
Speaker 2: I didn't learn anything. You actually, kid, what you learned? Ay?
Speaker 5: Nothing?
Speaker 4: Right? And so it was like I felt very complicit in that if kids are going to school, I'm a teacher, they're learning nothing.
Speaker 2: I'm not doing my job, but I'm getting paid.
Speaker 4: And so there was an opportunity here, like we can educate kids about financial literacy, about college, about decisions that they were going to make around money at fourteen, with the hopes that if they got it at fourteen, they would be more advanced by nineteen twenty twenty five. And so financial literacy was at the cusp of that. It was like, all right, Bett, we're gonna pay these kids to be in the program. Let's teach them about money. He had just started his career and advised them. I'm like, this is perfect, you can come in. And so we started co teaching that. Like I learned about finance from him. He learned how to have classroom management for me, create lesson plans, and so we did that. In my mind, the vision was I need to have this program throughout New York first, right because parents would see it. They're like, this is incredible. How do I scale this? I can't figure it out. I can't figure out. He was always into social media. He was like, this is how we do it. So we had our COEO was up there right now, Abdullah, he said, look shout out to add He was like, look, I want you to record the classrooms. I was like, okay, whatever, I'm still trying to figure out how to scale this, like physically. He was like, just keep recording the classroom. And he was huge on content putting it up and that led to him creating.
Speaker 2: His own platform. Right.
Speaker 4: He wanted to teach people about finance in a different way.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 4: Sometimes when we think about finance, it's a foreign language, right, And we were coming to like rose at a stone, we were coming like, let's break the monotony of this stush feeling when it came to financial education.
Speaker 2: Let's talk it in our language.
Speaker 4: And so he was doing that for multiple people, had his own public assets show. I'll let him tell his story, and then people like, wait, where's the rest of that? We need more of that, where's the episode? And one day it was just like, look, we want to do a show, let's do his podcast. We sat on our basement. In my basement, I'm like, all right, let's do it. And that's how Ernie Leisure was Burke. Really, we came up with the name pretty quickly. He was already using it as a hashtag, and from there it was consistent. We was like, all right, well, here's a vision. These are the ten things we need to do. Here are ten people we want to interview. Let's just go attack it. And really it started with three iPhones and that idea, and it branded into what you see now.
Speaker 6: I don't want to cut you off, I just want you to Can you explain to me what you took from the public access and just explain to me how that works within your story and then how you knew how to maneuver into you know, subscribers streaming and all that and the difference in the revenue streams and like how much is valued A.
Speaker 7: I never went to business school, but I was always interested in business my whole life. So I was studying like real world case studies. So in twenty twelve, Instagram was like fairly new, and you know, I got introduced to it, and like everybody else, I was on the Apple all the time.
Speaker 5: And when I'm first on Instagram, I'm just thinking.
Speaker 7: Like, this is a cool app. You get to share photos. At the time, it was no videos, and at that time, it was just for iPhone users. But I quickly realized something in this situation. So I used to follow this fashion blog and the fashion blog had like a million followers at that time, and at that time, if you had a million followers, you could reach a million people. And what I realized was that what she was doing, the girl that actually was running the fashion was that she would post like look books on like you know, this actress war it is and this singer Ward is. But in between the looks she would do like organic ads, so it'd be like a small boutique in Philly that had a blazer and you didn't really know it wasn't add unless she was actually really studying it. So right then I'm like this is crazy because how I was looking at it was like, okay.
Speaker 4: This episode is brought to you by P and C Bank. A lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure they definitely can be, but understanding a professionals routine shows us how they achieved their success little by little, day after day.
Speaker 2: It's like banking with P and C Bank.
Speaker 4: It might seem boring to safe plan and make calculated decisions with your bank, but keeping your money boring is what helps you live or more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank Brilliantly Boring since eighteen s Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the PNC Financial Service Group, Inc. P and C Bank National Association member fdic.
Speaker 5: Erners.
Speaker 2: What's up?
Speaker 4: You ever walk into a small business and everything just works like, the checkout is fast, the receipts are digital, tipping is a breeze, and you're out the door. Before the line even builds odds are they're using Square. We love supporting businesses that run on Square because it just feels seamless. Whether it's a local coffee shop, a vendor at a pop up market, or even one of our merch partners, Square makes it easy for them to take payments, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system. If you're a business owner or even just thinking about launching something soon, Square is hands down one of the best tools out there to help you start, run and grow. It's not just about payments, it's about giving you time back so you.
Speaker 2: Can focus on what mat ready.
Speaker 4: To see how Square can transform your business, visit Square dot com backslash go backslash eyl to learn more that Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl. Don't wait, don't hesitate. Let's Square handle the back end so you can keep pushing your vision forward.
Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas. Man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy nom the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fine nearly one one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned and deported, you will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 2: Sponsored by the United States Partment of Homeland Security.
Speaker 7: How many people subscribe to New York Times? Probably a million people in circulation from New York Times every single day.
Speaker 5: And how much money does it cost to run an ad in the New York Times?
Speaker 7: Fifty thousand dollars one hundred How much money does it cost to run an ad on NBCABC millions of dollars? Right, But I'm thinking I didn't know, But I'm thinking to myself that they're probably playing how five hundred dollars one thousand dollars, but they can reach just as many people as all of these traditional outlets. So then that's when I was like, Okay, advertising is going to change.
Speaker 5: This is the new wave.
Speaker 7: So I actually you had a meeting with him and I was explaining this to him, and I was like, we need to start a fashion blog.
Speaker 5: And we did. We started a fashion while.
Speaker 7: It was called fashion Wave and we actually got it too, like twelve thousand followers. But that was the original point where it was like, social media is something that's going to take over the world. Most people have no idea how they're actually using it. They're just using it as consumers, but there's a business behind this. This is before influencer was even a word. This is before you had to put ad You could just organically do it. That didn't work out, but the idea was still there. So the next idea was I was a financial advisor at the time, so I wanted to become a celebrity financial advisor.
Speaker 5: That was my original goal.
Speaker 7: I wanted to work with athletes entertainers because I felt like I played basketball my whole entire life, and I was looking at the people that was representing athletes and I'm like, I know that they don't. They're not from the culture listening to the music. I know the music. I'm listening to it. Why should they get to work with these people. I know I'm more qualified because I can actually sit down and have a conversation. But I didn't know anybody. I had no inroads, I had no advanced degree, and I didn't really have a way to actually get my way into the door. So the idea was to become a famous celebrity financial advisor. Because I was looking at the landscape and I'm like, okay. Social media has provided a platform for anybody to become a celebrity, a celebrity chef, a celebrity trainer. Previously, you can only become a celebrity if you was an athlete or entertainer, but now you could be a celebrity anything. I'm like, well, you maybe be able to be a celebrity financial advisor, Jess.
Speaker 5: Maybe.
Speaker 7: So that's when all of the content comes into play, right where it's record everything. Man, we're not recording this, but that's the number one ruling life is to record everything because you never know. So we record as were recording this. But you gotta get you gotta get the organic organic.
Speaker 4: Cell phone footage algorithm.
Speaker 2: Breakup.
Speaker 7: So now it's like, Okay, record the classroom, record selfie videos, record everything. To your question about the public access show. The number one ruling life is.
Speaker 5: To cultivate relationships.
Speaker 7: There's a lot of number one rules in life, by the way.
Speaker 5: So y'all know, yes, yes, so you gotta cultivate. You gotta cultivate. Yes, you gotta cultivate relationships. So I was like, Okay.
Speaker 7: At that time, I wanted to get in front of all like the top real estate developers and entrepreneurs and architects. These are people that have made a lot of money and successful, but nobody knows them.
Speaker 5: And what I realized is that.
Speaker 7: The number one rule in life is that everybody wants to talk about themselves. Right, So I'm like, okay, if I could provide a platform for somebody to talk about themselves, then now that's actually a way for me to build a relationship. So I get off of a public access show. I never looked at it as a public access show. I looked at as a TV show, and that's how I pitched it. I would go to somebody and be like, you know, I have a TV show, do you want to be Nobody's going to turn down be on a TV show, especially if they've never been on TV.
Speaker 5: So what that actually did.
Speaker 7: Was help me to sharpen my communication skills and learn how to actually interview people.
Speaker 5: Right. So all of this is happening at the same time.
Speaker 7: We have a relationship from growing up together and working in the classroom as he just described, and my social media following is building at the time.
Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from El Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy nom the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fine nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned and deported, you will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right, leave now. Under President Trump America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 2: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security,