Speaker 1: Hey, everybody, Zach and Donald here. I had a technical glitch while recording this episode, and my fancy digital recorder didn't work. And so Donald sounds perfect and you'll hear his beautiful dulcet voice, but I sound like I'm just on a cell phone. I'm actually just recorded over the Zoom app. So we did the best to make it sound good, but I screwed up.
Speaker 2: Sorry, Sorry, one job. You had one job, and you screwed it up. You talked all of that shit about Sarah Chalk and how she messed up, and then you turned right around into the exact send.
Speaker 1: I deserve your admonishment and I'm sorry to everyone listening. It will never happen again, but on this one episode alone, I am not recorded. Well, it's my fault. We love you all. Thanks for listening.
Speaker 2: Donald and five six seven eight.
Speaker 1: Making your way in the world today takes everything you got.
Speaker 2: Taking a break from all your worries sure would help a lot.
Speaker 1: Wouldn't you like to get.
Speaker 2: Do no no doom, no no doom. Sometimes you wanna.
Speaker 1: Go where everybody knows.
Speaker 2: Your name, boum boum, bounm flm, and they're always glad you came bound bound.
Speaker 1: You want to be where you can see troubles are all the same.
Speaker 2: Yeah you do. You want to go where everybody knows your name, don't don't?
Speaker 1: Well, welcome to doctors, friends, where everybody knows your name. Here's the only theme song in the world that's better than that.
Speaker 2: Here's some stories about show we made.
Speaker 1: About a bunch of talks and nurses. Sah jan I said.
Speaker 2: Here's a story neal s no so goada rob here, YadA rap here our stuffy Who is that?
Speaker 1: Oh? How's your isolation going? I miss you very much.
Speaker 2: I miss you too. Oh man, it's uh, it's it's it's it's good. You know. The kids are we're schooling them. We're you know, we're we're trying to run them. I've taken them out on a couple of walks.
Speaker 1: Now, oh good. I'm glad that you've allowed them to walk around the block.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, we take like we do it like a little neighborhood walk. We have our masks, we have our gloves, we take our dog with it.
Speaker 1: Can you tell me was it was it? What's Cardi b? Did you see the thing?
Speaker 2: She's like corona coronavirus shit is real. Ship is real. When they turned it into the song.
Speaker 1: I can't get I heard the song yet, but I don't know about Cardi b at all, but I that coronavirus thing made crack up.
Speaker 2: And when you get the chance, look up the song. The ship is real. Oh my god, same way they did like uh double Rainbow and ain't nobody got time for that? And yeah, and uh, He's hiding in your windows snatching your people love.
Speaker 1: That was the first one. And that was the best one.
Speaker 2: Kids watch and how to husbands because they raping everybody up out this bitch.
Speaker 1: That was a fucking jam.
Speaker 2: That wasn't you don't have to well rebound that We're looking for you. We gonna find dude, We gonna find you. So hot kids, how do? And that shit was dope, dude, I remember that was a song. That was a great one.
Speaker 1: Oh man, you just reminded me that at my workout mix. That was a fucking jam.
Speaker 2: That was a gem. It was a you know what else was the jem It's fucking distracting?
Speaker 1: Who? Yeah, what's that one?
Speaker 2: The freaking Batman one? No Christian Bale one.
Speaker 1: Oh that was good. And then they spoofed that with the Kenney Schmidt theme song, which was which was really good too. Do you ever watch Timmy Schmidt?
Speaker 2: I have never watched com.
Speaker 1: Oh it's really good. You like it. If you're listening to this podcast and you haven't watched Schmidt, I'll bet you like it. It's got a lot of it's sillier than screw, believe it or not, but it's got some very funny, silly stuff. It should we talk about the show Donald's.
Speaker 2: We should totally talk about the show. This was a good one. I have no recollection of this show whatsoever. I didn't remember this show until that. We sang Missus Jones.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Now, did you know Missus Jones the song? Or did you?
Speaker 2: Absolutely?
Speaker 1: I didn't really, but you sang it beautifully.
Speaker 2: Thank you. We got a thing going on. That's a it's a real good song. I wonder if luth I think Lutha might have even covered it.
Speaker 1: Sometimes when you sing, I just involuntarily.
Speaker 2: Either Luther or Freddie Jackson, one of them covered that thing.
Speaker 1: Who's the most famous Joelle's version of of.
Speaker 2: I think the original Missus Jones?
Speaker 1: Who's the original? I'm sorry, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Research is Billy Paul. That does me and missus Jones, I think, so yeah, Billy Paul looks like the original. And then I feel like Luther did do a cover of this.
Speaker 1: Let's see we got a thing.
Speaker 2: Freddy Jackson did.
Speaker 1: Do the cover.
Speaker 2: Freddy Jackson, I knew it was one of them.
Speaker 1: Well you sanging beautifully, Donald, Thank.
Speaker 2: You very much. I remember being so excited that I was going to have the opportunity to sing on the show. I sang a lot as a kid, like in the high school choir and the junior high school choir.
Speaker 1: I wish you would sing more because you have such a beautiful voice.
Speaker 2: I would love to sing more. I don't think I have the voice that is the type of voice that people want to hear like all the time.
Speaker 1: Would you ever do a Broadway musical?
Speaker 2: Of course I would do a Broadway musical. We all have dreams of winning an egot one day, of getting the egot right.
Speaker 1: So absolutely, for egot reasons, I'm saying, would you think that would bring you joy to do a Broadway musical? Bill and I got approached to do a version of Fletch after Scrubs.
Speaker 2: That's so scary, dude, I know, And.
Speaker 1: The idea of doing it with Bill, who's like the biggest Fletch fan in the world, was interesting. But then you know, I mean, that's that's impossible.
Speaker 2: You can't feel Chevy Chase. You can't do it.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying, okay, So back to the musical. I think that it would be great. I would just love to see you. You have such a good voice. And I did a musical on Broadway and I had so much fun doing it. Granted, I was happy when it was over, because when you go see a play, particularly in this case just a my musicals, you always have to come out and go I cannot believe these people are doing this eight times a week. And I was just so exhausted. It was the most tired I've ever been in my life. And no matter what happens, you're going on that day, Like, you know, it's one thing you will play for three months, four months, but.
Speaker 2: And wow, that's a really that's a half a year, Dude's you were supposed.
Speaker 1: To do it longer.
Speaker 2: But wow, I don't know. I go back and forth with the whole you know, musical theater, musical genre. When it's done right, it's really good. But when it's done. When it's done wrong, that's one of those things where it's like, dude, and it was a musical, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: I know, but when it works, it's so good. When it works, we love it.
Speaker 2: Oh, when it works, it's the best thing in the world. Yeah.
Speaker 1: But when you're in a bad one, you're like, oh, God, make it stop.
Speaker 2: Right, you know what I mean? How do we get out of this?
Speaker 1: So this My Bad was written by Gabby Allen Wow and directed by Mark Buckland, who directed the One of Four. Very talented guy. There's a lot of cool shots in this episode. I can always tell, even if I don't look at the who the director is by the cinematography. Who was adding a little lext or something something. And Mark Bucklan was always one of those guys, right.
Speaker 2: I just remember playing ping pong with Mark Bucklan and how good of a ping pong player he is?
Speaker 1: Yes, did you win? Because you're pretty good?
Speaker 2: No, I did not win. I got waxed. And he started off making it look like it was going to be the easiest game in the world, and I'd have a shot and all I'd have to do is just keep the ball on the table. But then after I remember him looking at me and saying to me, Okay, so I'm gonna turned it up a little bit now, and then all of a sudden he became like freaking Federer or freaking uh Nadal or something like that, but on a ping pong table, Djokovic, Right, all of a sudden, out of nowhere, this dude, there's there's there's there's a there's top spin. He's slice nedd spin.
Speaker 1: I remember you very into trick spin because I played with you a couple of times and I just couldn't even hit the ball back because you put so much spin on it. No matter what I did, it was just going everywhere.
Speaker 2: Right, This dude had the type of ping pong game where you put the spin on it, and he knew the counter spin. It was the worst. You gotta the counter you gotta know the counterspin.
Speaker 1: You gotta know the counter spin. I remember playing Bill in ping pong and I'm just like, you know, this is new in the relationship, and I'm like, just you played a little pong with my boss, like just a little bonding. And then he stopped pointing. He goes, would you mind if I played you left handed? Because it wasn't any fun for me. It was so horrible.
Speaker 2: I was Did they ever play each other? Did you ever witness Buckling and Bill?
Speaker 1: Right? No? I don't know. I don't know, but I mean, I would love to get good at ping pong. I don't think it really. I don't think it really correlates with tennis that much.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's it's absolutely the same, dude. Really, your your tennis game probably has helped your ping pong game.
Speaker 1: Okay, I just haven't had to play ping pong a while, but my tennis game is much better.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, you probably. I can't wait for us to play again. To be honest with you, I do miss that. I know.
Speaker 1: I was thinking we could get a video game and play online against each other.
Speaker 2: If you don't play video games, you'd get your ass kick.
Speaker 1: There's no real good video game tennis, is there.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of good video game Why are you yelling at me?
Speaker 1: Which which one ps PSP.
Speaker 2: Is that PlayStation? Place?
Speaker 1: Which one? Which? Which system is a good tennis because I would.
Speaker 2: Like to socket Xbox Xbox PlayStation four.
Speaker 1: Oh Dan is saying that the top Spin Spin is good. Man, Mario, I don't want Mario. I don't I like I like my player to look like a real person. I don't want a little avatar running around like it's Mario versus Luigi.
Speaker 2: Right, So you have a little bit of land or property, there's this thing where you take the ball is connected to like a rope. And remember that thing that what's the wooden paddle with the rubber ball that you would hit.
Speaker 1: It's called the wooden paddle with the rubber ball.
Speaker 2: But what is that called where you and it's connected and you hit it and its pop up b b b b b B. Yeah, I know everyone knows your there's a tennis version. There's a tennis version of that where you can practice strokes where you hit it far and it goes far out, bounces and then comes back to you at the same speed. Yeah, you might like that. I don't know what that's called, but that's somebody.
Speaker 1: Because I need that for my Absolutely, I'm worried. I'm forgetting everything.
Speaker 2: All you got to do is say tennis near your phone. I'm sure it'll pick it up and add or pop up.
Speaker 1: I find myself just doing my stroke with with your pantomime turned down, bah catch nice, repeating repeating my mantra.
Speaker 2: Nice, you're getting really good at tennis. All right, let's get into it. We're twenty two twenty minutes and well you're the one I tell you about a paddle but a ball and paddleball that's what it is. Some shiit like that?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: Listen, uh Sam Lloyd. It opens the episode. Let's talk about how great Sam Lloyd is.
Speaker 2: Sam Lloyd's amazing. Not only is he a funny comedic actor, but he is an amazing singer. You want to talk about a really good singer.
Speaker 1: Yes, that a cappella group that's featured in later later episodes is really Sam's band and the Blanks. Yeah, and they after right after Scrubs, they were so popular. They were really touring and doing gigs. Yeah, there's so talented those guys.
Speaker 2: Oh man, they do a they do a cover of John Williams Superman theme song, and it is amazing.
Speaker 1: You can find that if you're if you're if you're a fan of The Blanks a cappella man, you can find I think they probably even have an album or something. You can find them doing.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, they're all over it tuned and they're amazing.
Speaker 1: And he's Christopher Lloyd's nephew. Yes, I know I mentioned not another episode maybe, yeah, a little trivia. Yes, And I got to direct Christopher Lloyd in uh, in Going and Style.
Speaker 2: You also were in a play with Christopher.
Speaker 1: I was in Twelfth Night in Central Park and the Delacorte Theater with Christopher Lay And when I when I went to direct him and Going into Style, I don't think he had any recollection of what I was. Well. No, he's an amazing man and I love him. But he is a little bit like Doc.
Speaker 2: He's a little like Oh, well, he's worked so much though, you got to give the man a break.
Speaker 1: I know I'm not giving I don't need to give a break. He's a sweetheart. But I'm saying, when you meet him, he's a little he is a little like Doc. He's a little like.
Speaker 2: One of my favorite Christopher Lloyd's stories is the story of when he found out that Eric Stoltz wasn't doing Marty McFly anymore, uh, and that Michael J. Fox was doing it and uh, you know Eric Stoltz while it's in this famous book that Justin Long gave me to read, right, and it's like the making of back to the Futures one, two, and three, and apparently Eric Stoltz told everybody on set, don't call me Eric, call me Marty.
Speaker 1: That can't be true.
Speaker 2: This is in the book.
Speaker 1: It's a very fun whenever I hear these stories about people saying no eye contact and all these horrible behavior, I just can't never believe it's true.
Speaker 2: Okay, well this is go ahead, this is in the book, you know, so everybody does it. He finally gets fired and they bring Michael J.
Speaker 3: Fox in.
Speaker 2: But before they bring Michael J. Fox and they tell Christopher Lloyd They're like, listen, so we had to fire Eric and we're bringing someone in. He's like, well, who's Eric? And they go to guy that was playing martyr and they go no. He's like, oh okay. And then and then they do and then and then they bring Michael J. Fox in and they said the chemistry was like one point and the rest is history, and now we have, you know, back to the future.
Speaker 1: He's amazing and I had a lot of fun working with him, going and style.
Speaker 2: He's you've worked with both of them. You've worked with You've worked with Michael J. Fox, and you've worked with Christopher. He worked with Doc and Marty.
Speaker 1: Yes, I know Doc and Marty. Yeah, we try and get Michael J. Fox on when we get to him.
Speaker 2: That would be kind of cool. Maybe Bill can pull his Bill strings, that would be great.
Speaker 1: At forty five seconds in, there's the most cartoonish dry by noise, and I know Bill kept saying like, oh, and this is when I was starting to phase out the sound effects, but I was like, not yet, bro, because this episode has so many sound effects in it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. There are a couple of those in here. You behind the door when you look away and you come back and then you look back in again. That was hilarious.
Speaker 1: There's a funny thing that happens with you know. They would always try and time it so that if there was a holiday like Halloween, it was airing, it was airing around Halloween, and we'd have like our Halloween episode, right. And it's funny though, because at fifty one seconds in you don't really know that yet, but there's two nurses that walk by in the background with ears on, and I was like, my brain went to, oh, this must be the Halloween episode. But if you didn't have the context yet, it's just so weird, like, why are those background people wearing wacky Halloween ears?
Speaker 2: Speaking of background, this is the first time we see Snoop Dogg.
Speaker 1: I spotted him too.
Speaker 2: Buddy Manly Henry wrote it.
Speaker 1: I wrote it down because it was a big moment.
Speaker 2: Well, he's walking in the hallway. He's in the.
Speaker 1: Surprise I saw him in the surprise room.
Speaker 2: Well he's walking in the hallway. Well way before that.
Speaker 1: But for those of you who don't know, what would happen was that these background performers were the same people every day. I mean, lots would rotate, but a lot of them would be the same folks every day. We got to know them and became friendly with them all. And some of them Bill would pick out because he thought or one of the other writer would pick out and go, oh my god, he's got an interesting look, or he's funny, or he can actually deliver a line. And they would get lines occasionally. Well, someone thought that Manley Henry looked like a Snoop Dogg.
Speaker 2: Do you think that, Yeah, they kind of do. They kind of do favor each other if you look at them. I mean, he's tall, he's black, gotta look like.
Speaker 1: More than that anyway, so Manly Henry who is Snoop Dogg Attending Resident and everything else makes it.
Speaker 2: He started off snoop Dogg in Turn and then he became snoop Dogg Resident. Yeah, and then he became snoop Dogg Attending. He's a big fan of our podcast.
Speaker 1: Man, he did you talk?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's still in my d He promotes our podcast on his Instagram page and stuff like that. He's a sweetheart, man, He's a very sweet guy.
Speaker 1: And anyway, so this is a shout out for Manley Henry for your first appearance. If you, if you. I didn't see him walk by, but I saw him in the surprise fantasy. He's in the background.
Speaker 2: There shout out Snoop Dogg in Turn.
Speaker 1: I have no memory of doing that type of walk gang. This is one of the first fantasies I've absolutely no memory of.
Speaker 2: I have no memory of the episode, dude, you remember the episode of the whole episode like and you so recently when watching the show, there have been little things that have come on that I was like, oh wow, you know what, I take it back. I do remember the Miss Jones part, but usually I'm like, okay. In the first round when I said, I didn't remember the Asspin episode until I said, you know, I think I'm gonna get her a nice pin and I was like, holy shit, it's the ass Pen episode. You know what I mean. There's always something.
Speaker 1: You remember, the missus Jones, right, and I'm sure you remembered one of the greatest guest stars of all time, Jimmy Walker.
Speaker 2: Absolutely and a very lovely line reading, by the way, also by him. I think he totally made the joke better. Like I wrote that down. I wrote down, Wow, what an interesting way to say that line. And Jimmy Walker, Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Plea should stop for one second. For those of you who don't know, because some of you were young, Jimmy Walker, who's in my fantasy around sixteen eleven seconds, was the star of a very popular show when we were growing up called Good Times.
Speaker 2: Yes, one of the most realistic shows about project life on television. As an African American male growing up, I mean the show was called good Times, but they didn't have the most good times on that show. Man things bad things would happen, like the dad died, like all types of shit, and the.
Speaker 1: White kids in the suburbs. It was like myself. It was educational because not only was it hilarious, but I watched shows like that and What's Happening, and it was it got to show a different side of the way people lived, and we didn't I didn't know anything about the projects when I was a little kid growing up in the Jersey suburbs, right, And you fell in love with this in Good Times and you just followed them through and like, like like a lot of comedies, I like, they would also be heartbreaking, right right, they would keep it like would they would go deep into.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, they went deep into drama on Good Times. Janet Jackson was on Good Times, you know what I mean. She played Penny. Her mom was abusive and like burnt her with an iron type shit abusive, you know what I mean, like for real, for real?
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: Her mom was so bad that they took her away from her mom and she lived with Alma, who was the next door neighbor. Oh right, right, you don't remember anything.
Speaker 1: I don't remember that episode, but I do remember being young and being like totally in love with that show.
Speaker 2: Am I right about that? It's Alma? Right, I'm not tripping.
Speaker 1: Joell's googling Joe Well and what about what's happening?
Speaker 2: We also had Thelma Watch it be Thelma or some shit like that.
Speaker 1: We also had the legendary fred Barry.
Speaker 2: Rerun rerun, Frederick run Berry came on. He came on the show right before he passed away. Actually he passed away like a couple of months after he was on the show, I believe, But I remember. I remember we all got dressed up like Fredrie run Berry and he taught us how to do the dance and everything like that. Yeah, that was a lot of fun.
Speaker 1: I remember that Jimmy Walker wouldn't say dynamite unless you paid him the next level money. Oh really, Yeah, I remember that being a thing when they told us Jimmy Walker was coming on, and was like, oh my god. Oh again. Sorry for those who don't know. He had a catchphrase on Good Times and he'd go dine oh Mike right, Donald.
Speaker 2: Dyna might He was kid dynamite. That was his. That's who he was. He was kid dynamite. JJ James, like every.
Speaker 1: Good sitcom star. He had a catchphrase and uh and dyna mighte was his, but he wouldn't say it on Scrubs unless you like up the rig understandably.
Speaker 2: Like I get it.
Speaker 1: Pay them.
Speaker 2: You know, that's like asking Gary Coleman to say what you're talking about Willis.
Speaker 1: I imagine if Gary Coleman come on Scrubs, he would have said, Hey, I'll come on for this fee. But if you want what you talking about Willis, it's this amount of money. There's a premium for what you're talking about. Willis. Absolutely, I bet paid.
Speaker 2: I'll put the money on it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Wait, did Gary Coleman pass too? Right?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: He did?
Speaker 1: Wow, all three of these. Did Jimmy Walker die?
Speaker 2: No, Jimmy Walker still alive.
Speaker 1: But it's interesting that Fred Barry and Gary Coleman.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a lot of a lot of our favorite sitcom stars when we were young passed away from either drugs or you know.
Speaker 1: A Different Strokes cast has just been the most track.
Speaker 2: I mean, Todd Bridges is my doppel gang. You're still living. Todd Bridges is still alive.
Speaker 1: Todd's still alive, but a lot of the others have had.
Speaker 2: Todd's had a pretty good career after Different Strokes. He went on to I mean, he's been a very good actor in the projects that he's been in.
Speaker 1: Different Strokes, so much that was like my favorite show.
Speaker 2: Absolutely yeah, but everything happened to that family. Man, everything happened to that family. How many times does Arnold get kidnapped? He's been child molested, He's all types of things.
Speaker 1: He got he was.
Speaker 2: Right. But not only was Dudley molested. His dad smoked a lot of cigarettes and had you know there was a cigarette episode, Like like, everything happened to that family.
Speaker 1: And then when nothing else, everything happened to everybody. Look at the show er like, imagine all the sudden that's happened in that er.
Speaker 2: But I'm just saying, after everything happened to every character on that show, they went out and got Sam so everything could happen to Sam. And Sam was an anomaly. He was a freaking country singing, breakdancing, I could break dance and played the guitar, mister d He was all of that shit.
Speaker 1: That is when they brought Sam on, it was the end. It was the end.
Speaker 2: That's another show that went from a network that switched networks.
Speaker 1: I was trying to bring it, trying to get the ratings back up because Gary was such a cute kid, and then when he got older, they were like, we need a new cute kid, bring in the red haired country singing.
Speaker 2: Kid, the country Breakdancer.
Speaker 1: I don't have any memories of Sam episodes. Really, I think I tuned out there it is I was local to Gary. I was like, should we get back to the show Donalds.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, Christa Miller, Holy cow man, Let's begin with holy cow.
Speaker 1: Has she looks so hot?
Speaker 2: She is so hot.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you something about Krystal Miller. She was the very first cover.
Speaker 2: Of maxim was it maximums stuff?
Speaker 1: I'm looking at the still of her she uh, two thirty two? She looks obviously. Bill was like, not only is kristin a knockout, but you know the boss was like, all right, I want the filter, I want the backlight, I want.
Speaker 3: The slow motion, I want the fan. That's the first time I want the dolly push in. Yeah, we did a bunch on Scruggs, but like she got the first oh moment of like the hot chipwalking in Absolutely.
Speaker 2: I also noticed that her character talks exactly the way Cox talked. Yeah, and if you go back and watch it, that storyline very attracts, very well, like when the reveal happens, If you go back and look at how she talked to JD before the reveal of them being ex husband and wife. It's like JD's talking to a female version of Cox in the in the scene.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because she's like just got rattling off these sort of wise Ansmartins.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, and it's very quick witted and it's funny.
Speaker 1: I think she's inspired by Christa herself, if I could be so bold, because you know, christ is a.
Speaker 2: Tough Yeah, it ain't not soft about I mean there's a lot of soft about Krista and once you get to know her, but when you first meet her, yeah, she's a very she could be a bit scary. Yeah, she she had no problem and she has no problem letting you know, back the fuck off dude.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and she and Bill can both be snarky. And I used to say, did you guys meet it mean camp? Because they but so here I am. I've got this brand new job and I'm so excited. And I read the script and it says that I'm going to make out with my boss's wife.
Speaker 2: Did you know that it was going to be his wife?
Speaker 1: You know, I had met Krista threw Bill at the table read and stuff, and I knew she was obviously from Drew Carrey and Drew carry was still going, yeah, yeah, absolutely it was, And that show is very popular, and of course she was in magazines and she's so pretty, and so I of course knew she was, but I had barely met her, and I was totally intimidated and scared by her. I remember, it's kissing, it's not. It's funny rewatching the show now, and it's not in the show. But I remember we filmed us making out, and I was so nervous. I was. I remember being like, this is the weirdest job in the world. I'm make out with my really pretty boss's wife for him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and how do you think he felt about it? That's I think he liked it a bit.
Speaker 1: I think he's a little bit like that. So I'm gonna be so bold to say that man's a little kinky.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's got a little bit of cakey.
Speaker 1: I think he might like it. We can we can insert a budget Joelle Bill Lawrence's voice note here, we gotta ask him, did you did you like it a little bit?
Speaker 4: No, Zach and Donald, I don't enjoy forcing actors to make out with my wife on television. I enjoy that in our in our personal lives, but just not on TV. It's part of the gig though, right because I dook. I enjoyed watching how uncomfortable Zach was that first year having to kiss my wife, but it was all acting rights acting because he.
Speaker 2: Brought her back and then made Johnny do the same thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well during this episode too, I think he was. You know, there's some dudes who are into that. I think Bill might like a smidget of that. I I mean, I don't know that I would be. I would probably be jealous.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I don't share. I don't like to share. I wonder if my wife. My wife says some of the craziest things when when I have kissing scenes with people, Like I remember my wife being like, like one time I kissed the girl on television and she was like, well, that wasn't believable.
Speaker 1: Like what the trick with a TV slash movie kiss is not is just to open your mouth but not be jamming your tongue in anyone's.
Speaker 2: Mouth, right, And for a lot of people, jamming your tongue in someone's mouth isn't necessarily the way they like to kiss. So some people in real life kiss like they kiss on television where it's just an open mouth kiss.
Speaker 1: But have you found with your movie TV kisses that the onus is on you? I think is a man to be like, all right, let the female set what this is going to be. That's how I think about it. And then sometimes you're like, whoa, you're really going all out. There's a tongue in my mouth.
Speaker 2: Right. Somebody told me that they even have like mediators that come in, like people that uh, stage this now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a new thing now, which is definitely good because no one ever knew what to do. And now, of course in this stage it's they have people come in and go, Okay, let's all talk about what this is going to be and let's choreograph it and right. But when we were doing this, it was just I would have these different guest stars. I don't know. I just remember being embarrassed as I watched some like with Amy Smart, that we were just like full on going at it, and and I was like, this is a sitcom, like we shouldn't be seeing our tongues like from the side of our kiss. It's a little I was very giddy about Amy Smart.
Speaker 2: I must confess, yes, you were very giddy about Amy and if there.
Speaker 1: Were tongues flying, I was. I wanted to be a part of it. I had such a crush on Amy.
Speaker 2: Yeah you did. That was Oh my gosh. I remember, listen, you have something.
Speaker 1: I've never been so happy at work as that.
Speaker 2: That was prett Yeah, because your crush for Amy Smart came well before she was ever on the show.
Speaker 1: My crustion from maybe Smart went back to Todd Phillips's movie.
Speaker 2: Road Trip, road Trip, Yeah, Breck and Meyer.
Speaker 1: Wreck and Meyer. Todd Phillips, who's now an Oscar nominated director for The Worker.
Speaker 2: For the Joker. Who else is it that Tom Greens in?
Speaker 1: Then? I don't remember the movie. I just remember being like, wow, that that woman is so pretty to me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well she was on, yes, and she was.
Speaker 1: She was very funny. Yeah she's very funny, all right.
Speaker 2: But not in this episode, buddy, she wasn't in this episode.
Speaker 1: Sorry, christ We're back to how hot you are? We got we digressed and started talking about name this morning. We gotta have Christa on.
Speaker 2: By the way, I agree with you one hundred percent. I think we should have Johnny and Judy.
Speaker 1: Of course, Johnny and christ so we gotta get we got to schedule them.
Speaker 2: Try and get Neil and Ken. It'd be really interesting.
Speaker 1: Let's go through all the main stars and then and then and then and start being in them directors and writers.
Speaker 2: And well, let's ask the fans also who they want to see?
Speaker 1: Just drop us, tell us on the social media. Who do you want to hear?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Who you want to hear? Here, guys, we'll reach out to anyone.
Speaker 1: Do you remember the Magic Garden when we were growing up?
Speaker 2: Absolutely no.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you had this if you're listening where you grew up, but it was was it like a local East Coast I feel like it.
Speaker 2: Was like a PBS show, But I'm sure there were so many people who were local.
Speaker 1: I don't know, because we grew up a half hour from each other, him, me and Jersey and him in Manhattan. But anyway, there was this logo show, and I remember at the end they would go and and she'd have like a magic class, and she'd look into the camera and she'd go, n I see Jin and John and Tony do you remember And she would just list.
Speaker 2: Off like a bunch of names.
Speaker 1: Ye, a bunch of names. And of course now as an adult, I'm going, oh, the woman was just listing off the those popular names, so the maximum amount of kids go oh my god, she sees she never said does she ever say Donald?
Speaker 2: No, well, I didn't go as Donald as a kid. I was at Dao Shoon.
Speaker 1: So funny. She's like, I see Tom and John and Adeo Shoon. I love that show. I would love that. I got a YouTube the Magic Garden, but I remember just being tripped out. The reason I thought of that random thought was like, we could do that with her before we go, Hey, hey, John, Tom, Jennifer, Jessica, we'd like to hear what you think.
Speaker 2: And then you got to say some like different names that Mosha fu kwan A, Bertha, Tariq, Malik, Taick because some people aren't Tarik, some people are Taick.
Speaker 1: Some people are Anthrony.
Speaker 2: We found that out. Yes there is an Anthony.
Speaker 1: Yes, Shalom.
Speaker 2: I don't know anybody named Shalom.
Speaker 1: I do.
Speaker 2: But that's like asked, do you know any white people with the last name Washington? No, do you know any white people with the last name Jefferson Thomas? Yeah, that's saying something, isn't it.
Speaker 1: Listen, let's talk about you and me, missus Jones. So you're in the end of the room and you're singing the song. If it was really sexy and romantic, I felt like you and Judy were really to make out for real.
Speaker 2: There I was saying that. I was I was gonna say that about the show. Uh, Carla and Turk are so cute.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're so cute.
Speaker 2: You really root for them. And I find myself when I watch it. I find myself, you know, looking back at it. Obviously, I thought, uh, Judy Rayes was is and still is an amazing actress. But I looked at her like my sister, you know what I mean. And so when we did the scenes, it was, you know, me doing scenes with my sister. Now that I look back at it, though, it's like, wow, we had such good chemistry, because you did.
Speaker 1: But I don't think it was like your sister, did you.
Speaker 2: Judy was Judy was the type of per Listen, you were attracted her when I look well, yeah, when we did scenes and stuff like that. But when I look back, let me finish. When I look back at it now, I'm like, yo, dude, I wonder why I never looked at Judy and I know why because you know they're a saying never shit where you eat, you know what I mean, that's not.
Speaker 1: You didn't allow yourself to fall in love or.
Speaker 2: To feel that type of way. But when I look back at it now, I'm like, holy cow, Judy was there his whole time, and she looks, oh like, well, not only that, she's just such an amazing actress, you know what I mean. And she played Carlos, so you know so well. You know, she spoke for a lot of people. You know, Judy did for nurses for for uh at the time, there won a lot of latinas on television, you know what I mean. It was like j Lo and that's it, dude, you know what I mean, twenty years ago, and Judy was the other one, you know what I mean. And so you know, big prop to Judy rays Man.
Speaker 1: You. I also wanted to say that it's interesting in this episode that both women are are really in charge of of their sexuality and their power in the bedroom. Is I just noticed that there's a parallel on this Both Carla and Jordan are calling the shots in these sexual encounters.
Speaker 2: But that's how it should be, you know what I mean. If we're in it together. We're all doing this. You know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean it could be whoever a couple wants it. But I'm just saying I noticed just in this episode that there's there's some of these parallel stories of of of strong women in the bedroom, and and Jordan says to JD, you had absolutely nothing to do with why I left with you. I thought that was really funny.
Speaker 2: I thought that was hilarious when she's given you the whole speeches, like you know, you meet someone and you hope that it goes. I'm sorry that we've got a date.
Speaker 1: I also allowed I laughed out loud at four fifty one when you said, tell her put the game down.
Speaker 2: Tell telling them what I let him, put the cane down. I had no recollection of that.
Speaker 1: You don't hear that seat.
Speaker 2: I don't remember that at all. That shit had me rolling.
Speaker 1: You don't remember that woman at all.
Speaker 2: No, I know that, I know that the character passes away later on.
Speaker 1: I do know that Boilers.
Speaker 2: I mean, if you haven't watched the show.
Speaker 1: I think if you've listening to this, he watched the show was funny.
Speaker 2: Put the cane down, telling her to put the cane down. Also, Elliot sees the janitor and the whole angry Yeah, I told you that little freaking the janitor is a figment of JD's imagination. It doesn't track telling.
Speaker 1: Donald, I know, and I'm sad about it because it was a beautiful lore and I don't poke holes in in in in allure that I feel like Bill himself has propagated. But he doesn't remember all these little moments. And you know what Sarah told every We've all been saying the season one, he didn't talk to anyone and he doesn't really, but he does interact with Sarah. I wrote it down.
Speaker 2: Donald's absolutely because what she does triggers him to do what he does to you up.
Speaker 1: And so I'm sorry, I'm sad to say we are. I feel like we're like detectives and we're uncovering the truth. Absolutely, that little, that little bit of Scrubs lore is bullshit.
Speaker 2: Well, not only that, they also set up something that goes away for a while, but Elliott's relationship with her mom. Also, Elliott talking to her mom on the on the telephone and her mom talking about how short hair gives her pig face. Yes so, but later on we bring in Markey Post yes, absolutely, to play Elliot's mom, and the storyline still works from that phone call. But they set it up in this phone call. I don't know how many episodes later or how it might even been seasons when Marquee comes on.
Speaker 1: Right, I forgot when that happens, when all our parents come. But yeah, so you're getting backstory on Sarah. And also there's a big thing in this episode about therapy. I mean, I was watching you give like a advocates for therapy in this episode, and I thought I was just watching this, going that's a good public service announcement for people to hear, you know, from a character they like, this is two thousand and one. And I think this depending on how you grew up. I happened to grow up with my mom was a psychologist and my stepfather was a psychologist. I had therapy all over my life. But depending on how it grew up, there can be stigma around it. And I was happy to see that Bill and the writers wrote in this sort of you know, advocacy for seeing a therapist.
Speaker 2: Oh, I totally agree. It's really interesting. How you know it's twenty years ago, but we're still talking about issues that are really important today. And I know we bring this up a lot, but I'm really proud of that. You know, I'm really proud to be on a show that that did that. Even every time I see something like that, I'm like, holy cow, we were talking about that well before, like even the talking about the Rock and how the Rock was a movie star. I'm proud that we knew that back then we called it, you know what I mean, I'm so I I am so happy that we knew what the heck we were talking about. The Simpsons do it a lot.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, they always forecast well anyway, you know, Donald and I both believe in in therapy. So if you're we're here to say, we're here to say that if you're having trouble and you need help, you should please see a therapist now, because it's there's been plenty of times in my life where that has been very very helpful to me to get me through some rocky times. And uh, as a as a as a son of a of two therapists psychologists, I have to repeat that it's been very helpful for me at times, and.
Speaker 2: It seems to really work for Elliott who's having a really hard time in this episode.
Speaker 1: That was funny. That guy did a good job. The whole got to hear the guy just can't talk to Elliott sitting there asking for free therapy.
Speaker 2: That joke is hilarious. How does it make you feel? She goes, I don't know what makes me feel, and then he puts up the sign pills so I don't need to do pain pills.
Speaker 1: He's like, for me, that's funny. I laughed at six fifty one when when Ken goes, heck, maybe even get to meet Charro.
Speaker 2: Right, but that's such a such a smart joke.
Speaker 1: To explain to the young folks that Charro was often on the show love Boat, and he's making a we got a lot of eighties TV references in this episode.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, but he But it's such a smart joke also because you know, that's one of those shows where the doctor on the ship cares about everyone on the boat and wants to make sure that everyone on the boat lives right and or whatever it is, it's healthy, et cetera. And Cox got suspended for breaking the rules and caring about his patient, and so the joke goes even deeper when he says to him, you know, maybe you should get on a cruise ship. I don't know. They could call you Doc and you guys could sail in from wherever to wherever and you could maybe even meet Charro. Yeah that makes so much sense to the character itself, and the joke is funny also, you know what I mean, like it all blinds.
Speaker 1: We end up having a lot of love boat docs on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we did have some love We had Doc, we had Isaac, we had I know they were on the show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, okay.
Speaker 2: We also had Saying Elsewhere. We had some of the oh yeah, we did a whole episodes with Ed Bagueley. We had a bunch of people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, see this is our memory. So screwge Scrubs fans. So sorry if you're if you're laughing at we all, but we vaguely do.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So at seven to twenty five, Ken walks off singing row your boat. And for those of you who don't know, there's all these songs that are public domain, which means you don't have to pay to use them because on a TV show, if it's if it's if it's not a public domain song, if the license it, and they can obviously be some of these songs we had on scrubs can be super expensive. But there's like this list of songs that that we always had, the script supervisors that always had and we just wanted to sponsaneously had someone singing something. You can like, look at the free song list and row row your boat is one of them. I was looking at some of the others. For a very long time. Happy Birthday was not public domain and it was expensive.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it's a crap ton of money. It since changed, but that's the reason why Stevie Wonder woke the song happy Birthday to Your Happy Birthday, to Your Happy Birthday. That originally it was from Martin Luther King, and I believe he wanted to just sing the original Happy Birthday song, but it costs so much money that Stevie was like, Yo, you know what, I'll create another song, and he created Happy Birthday to you Happy. I have no idea if that's true, but I don't know either, but it sounds true.
Speaker 1: Well, listen if you're ever watching TV shows or movies now, and you'll see a lot of times when they bring the cake in, they'll avoid singing Happy Birthday. They'll sing like for he's a jolly good fellow, or they do something that's so non natural to what most in the real world. It's because they're avoiding having to pay for happy Birthday, although that since changed. I think now it's become public domain. Anyway, you guys can google public domain songs and learn which ones are.
Speaker 2: Okay, so, but check this out. Did you realize that there are people in the bed in the title sequence? I can't do this all on my own. They're like, there are people in the beds, yeah, and you see their faces. For Scrubs fans out there, I would love if you were able to find who those people were in the bed in the title sequence, because they did not. They had nine years on television and I don't think anyone's ever asked, who knows people in the bed?
Speaker 1: Can you really make out any faces? I'm scrolling through it slow right now.
Speaker 2: You can make out faces? Yes?
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, there you go. Donald has a request if you're in the title sequence in bed slide, if.
Speaker 2: You're into Scrubs trivia, I have the ultimate trivia for you. Who are the patients in the bed in the title sequence?
Speaker 1: I have some This is the first episode where we learned that Cox's name is Perry Nice. There's another episode all of that's called My Bad Too spelled too.
Speaker 2: Like, look who's talking to Yes.
Speaker 1: The footage at the end of Jordan's wedding is actually from Bill and Christa's wedding. Did you know that?
Speaker 2: I figured that out? That was pretty easy.
Speaker 1: She looks so pretty. Huh.
Speaker 2: Also, that's I guess he's not watching it on television. So is this a fantasy that doctor Cox has early on?
Speaker 1: It must be a flashback. That's interesting. That's an interesting point. Did other people have flashbacks besides JD It looks like Perry did Perry Perry Cox?
Speaker 2: Did?
Speaker 1: I like this as a homage to the graduate at ten minutes in one second when I dropped my pants and through my legs to see Jordan in her leather dress a Mark Buckland homage to the graduate Nice, and I look very skinny when I'm lying on the bed. I was happy about that.
Speaker 2: It's really interesting when you're twenty six years old. When you're twenty six years.
Speaker 1: Old, it's easier to get abs.
Speaker 2: Well. Back at I look back at all of this stuff, I was like, I remember dieting and going to the gym all the time and trying to you know what I mean, I'd killed to weigh that much again.
Speaker 1: It's so hard to You can work so much harder to so much less effect in your forties. Yeah yeah, love handles fucking left and right.
Speaker 2: Love handle ship. I eat a cookie, that shit stays on my ass like like.
Speaker 1: A melted candle. I'm trying, though. Do you find when you're doing scenes and you're in your boxers that there's a there's a fine line between not wanting to look like there's nothing going on but also not wanting to overdo it. You don't have that problem.
Speaker 2: I can't have.
Speaker 1: And looked at your face. I knew your answer was going to have that problem.
Speaker 2: I've never thought about. Are you talking about fluffing?
Speaker 1: You're talking not fluffing. I don't mean to getting any blood going. I just mean, like, when I was looking at myself lying in the bend there, I think I remember being like, okay, well, I don't obviously don't want any thing to show, but I also don't look like I'm like a ken doll, So like, is there a happy medium where I can and what are you looking at me?
Speaker 2: Out?
Speaker 1: Joel's cracking up right now? I'm so sad that you're like, I have no idea, No.
Speaker 2: I just want to know what you figured out. What did you decide to do. I think I gave moment.
Speaker 1: I think I gave everything a little ruffle.
Speaker 2: I'm done. I'm done. I'm done, I'm done.
Speaker 1: Give everything a little On that note, let's cool down. Let's cool down and take a commercial break.
Speaker 2: Let's do it, and we are back. And we're back with the caller.
Speaker 1: Well introduced us to today's college. It looks like there's two colleges. Joel will give it to.
Speaker 2: Susan bought a friend. Susan bought a friend.
Speaker 1: It's like a millionaire. You can bring a friend, call a friend. I have to bring my husband. Sorry, I love it, damn it. I always get that. I'm so sorry. Hi, guys, why we've I've been drinking all day. So sorry.
Speaker 2: Oh no it Donald, It's so it's fine.
Speaker 1: Oh. I love your accent. I'm such a fan of that accent. Okay, go ahead with the question for the legendary Donald Faison or me whach ever one?
Speaker 2: Yeah, for both of you.
Speaker 5: You've mentioned in podcasts two that you didn't get to steal rowdy or take rowdy.
Speaker 1: But what did you take from the sets? You must have taken something. I got something I can grab for you, Donald, Did you take anything?
Speaker 2: I did, but I don't know where they are anymore. I did get quite a few scrubs, the green ones, and I do have some sneakers from the show as well. Yes, not the bowling shoes. I don't have the bowling shoes on four.
Speaker 1: You see these antlers, These are from the pilot when I was a deer in headlights.
Speaker 2: So these are actually the scrubs.
Speaker 1: Donald did his closets. Just reached down to the gallery.
Speaker 2: These shoes right here are the actual Scrubs wrap party shoes that they gave us.
Speaker 1: Those are limited edition and you wore them mine or mine are mint?
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, she's were worn you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I didn't wear your own swag. It's a little lame.
Speaker 2: Well, it's fuck you man. First of all, it says Scrubs in the back, and it's the hundredth episode, and I did rock them.
Speaker 1: I never like when you're an actor on the show, you can't normally wear like the squat. You look a little douche you wearing like the scrub sneakers.
Speaker 2: Oh, man, I still have pants from Scrubs that I wore a pair of pants for a real long time, like most of them. So Susan, to answer your question, most of the stuff that I got from Scrubs was wardrobe because it was easy. It's easy to steal wardrobe. Quiet has kept when you're acting in a project on the last day, when you know you're never gonna see anybody again, you can get away with some things if the wardrobe department is cool with it, and most likely isn't going to be the stuff that you wore in the show, but it's stuff that they'll probably have to return or something like that, and they'll take the hit. I stole a lot of I didn't steal. Actually I took and it was allowed to take. I liberated quite a few outfits of Chris Turk's and most of them were scrubs.
Speaker 1: When you're hanging which you're hanging behind him? Soon? Do you have another question in my head?
Speaker 2: First of all, you guys are so cute.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, how's your isolation going over there in Scotland?
Speaker 5: This is our fourth week and it's tough, but the way that's good at the moment.
Speaker 1: So that's helpful, right this, Yes, that's happened to us in Los Angeles as well. It's been raining NonStop and the sun finally came out, so I think we can. It's a little bit easier to smile when the when the sun's oh.
Speaker 5: Yeah, just be glad to when it's all over. Yeah, do you guys ever get drunk? And we love all skates. She's like the Sanford and songs one because I just will that's my husband's feed.
Speaker 1: Me and my son. Actually this song?
Speaker 2: Do you do the song? Donald?
Speaker 1: Can you do a little bit for me?
Speaker 2: There's there's there's the there's the sanfred in some theme, and then there's the Turk version when Carla won't when Carla won't leave him alone?
Speaker 1: You remember it?
Speaker 2: Quiet down, now it is time to watch the show. Yes, it started. Don't be licking me, no mold, matter of fact. Can I get a handy? Why? And then we come back from break after we sang it just you do like Sanfredan sona bran up? Fine?
Speaker 5: Fine?
Speaker 2: And you even did Elizabeth I'm coming Elizabeth. Yeah.
Speaker 1: He used to die in almost every episode like this. It's not a program where you had over here at all. So we had to google the obviously the credits to find out what the original Oh really, really, I think I know what you guys are doing tonight. You're gonna go on YouTube or wherever and start watching some Sanford and.
Speaker 2: Son Samford and Son marathon. Sounds great right now?
Speaker 1: Actually, nothing else to do, I suppose.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's listen if you want to laugh a nothing like Red Fox going at it. Oh my gosh, he's one of the I mean Red Foxes. He was before Richard Pryor, before Eddie Murphy. It was red you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: So it really is the theme of this podcast episode of eighty eighty sitcoms.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well that's a seventy sitcom.
Speaker 1: I think I'm really proud of us that we we we developed a theme for this one. Absolutely all right, guys, Well, thank you for calling in all the way from Scotland, and keep drinking and.
Speaker 2: Stay safe, stay healthy.
Speaker 1: If we want you, we want you to get drunk and watch sanfrand something, you'll thank us. Oh man, I couldn't get the Irish Scottish thing, right, That's that's what you never do. You're going to get so much ship for that. I'm so upset you never do d to all my people of Ireland and Scotland. I'm sorry. One day I planned to get it right.
Speaker 2: You took a picture, Susan. Susan took a picture.
Speaker 1: Trying to sneak out the door by taking a figures.
Speaker 2: Don't worry about it.
Speaker 1: I would have fixed my hair, Susan.
Speaker 2: I don't worry about it.
Speaker 1: I did not put any product.
Speaker 2: No, it didn't. We just heard it. We just heard it. But it's all right.
Speaker 1: Don't worry about Susan.
Speaker 2: You could post it on Instagram or Facebook or whatever it is that you have. Just be like, look what show we were on. We love the press, Thank you very much. Later, I love having couples. They were like adorable, they were so cute.
Speaker 1: I want to be friends with them.
Speaker 2: He totally jacked it. She was like, I'm gonna be I got in, I got it, I got it.
Speaker 1: And he was like, you're sitting there in Scotland and quarantine. He's not gonna be like, oh, I'll go in the other room. He's like, yeah, let me on that fucking zoom call.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know. He was like, you know, you know, you know what we're doing at one you know what we're doing it.
Speaker 1: One, not at one. What time is it there?
Speaker 2: It's I don't know, it's like eight hour difference.
Speaker 1: It's eight hours, right o'clock.
Speaker 2: You know we're doing a ten. You know we're doing a ten.
Speaker 1: I'm on name. It was a surprise. Maybe she didn't tell them. She's like, we're gonna zoom some old friends.
Speaker 2: He was the cob. That was the Calmus reaction.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well they were. She said, they've been drinking all day. That's true, Like you are you drinking orange juice? That's a fucking mimosa. It's gotta be.
Speaker 2: This is orange juice.
Speaker 1: Is there any screw in that driver?
Speaker 2: There is no screw, but there is taki.
Speaker 1: Motherfucker. I knew what's that called orange juice?
Speaker 2: To keep tequila? Sunrise? Right?
Speaker 1: The sunrise?
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: I think it's such a fucked up thing at sixteen forty three to say someone to someone, I don't dislike you. I nothing you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And that's a that's an actual Krista Miller is saying, yes.
Speaker 1: I have no feelings for you. Know, you don't understand you. So little affect me that I don't even have energy. I don't right, I don't even I don't even have feelings of not liking you.
Speaker 2: I just I just don't think of nothing you.
Speaker 1: I don't even think about you.
Speaker 2: I remember, I remember Chrystal telling me, she's like, you, if you ever want to hurt someone, she she oh, she handed out.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: She was like, this is how you do it. She was like, I've always thought this was the funniest way to do it. I don't dislike you. I nothing you I nothing.
Speaker 1: You don't you know, we don't advise you being that mean to anyone in your life. You're that's covid well Doctor's Real Friends podcast.
Speaker 2: But it's the television show. It's a great joke.
Speaker 1: No, I'm just saying something to say to someone. Yeah, I remember we had a whole riff on like what's the worst thing that someone could ever say to you? And it was like, would you just please leaves? Oh my gosh, we like we like zoned in on, like what's the like if someone just looks at you and just says, but you just please leave? That was the most hurtful.
Speaker 2: The horrible. Sean Hayes has a good one too, where you know where you're talking to someone and you don't want to talk to someone who's approaching, and they approach and you turn to them and go, you're gonna have to give me a second, and you turn back to the person you were talking to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he had a lot of funny ones where you go someone interrupted you, I'm sorry, I'm not used to being interrupted.
Speaker 2: I thought that was you, dude. You stole that one.
Speaker 1: Oh, I stole that from Shawn Hayes. That's going up, He's coming up in an episode.
Speaker 2: I can't wait.
Speaker 1: Is that that was season one? Right?
Speaker 2: It definitely was season one because it happened.
Speaker 1: The same oh, September eleventh.
Speaker 2: September eleventh. Yep.
Speaker 1: The song that ends the show is a Good Life by Holy con Yes.
Speaker 2: Can I say something please? I've been bumping Good Life in my car for the past and on my iPad or iPhone, whatever it is, my whatever, wherever it is. You listen to your music. Wherever it is, usten to your music. I have been bumping Good Life for about two years now, and I thought I found some deep cut on a not the best of playlist, but you know, like the you know how they have the eighties now music and they have like the love song from the eighties or love songs from the Coast or whatever it is, you know what I mean. I thought I found a deep cut and it was good life, and then when it came on today, I was like, this is where I know the song from.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a great song, and like like like you, I think a lot of people found some good tunes on scrubs. And just a reminder for those of you who don't know, on streaming platforms always have all the same songs that we reference on this podcast because of licensing deals. And these were all contracts that were signed before streaming existed, So it's really only on if you buy it iTunes or the DVDs. I'll tell you about it. We don't care, but I'm just saying that some of the music might be different, so you might be listening to something that's not Francis dunnering if you're streaming it because some of the songs didn't have contracts that lasted until twenty twenty.
Speaker 2: Well, this was on Hulu that I heard this, So so.
Speaker 1: That's the episode that was That was what else we gotta say.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to think. I'm trying to think if I had anything else, how many times have they used the inside the mouth shot to somebody saying say now say ah no is That was.
Speaker 1: Definitely one of the Mark Buckler the trick shots. There's also a close up shot of Jordan with the mirror. There's also the sidewage shot of Sarah from the from the Psychologists, a lot of cookie fun.
Speaker 2: Mark. I thought that was really cool. I think like the only time that I'd ever seen that was like Little Shapahara is when Steve Martin is looking in the person's mouth, He's like say ah, like ah.
Speaker 1: Up this episode, you wanted to go back to the very first.
Speaker 2: Shot, the very first shot of the episode.
Speaker 1: Start at the very beginning.
Speaker 2: You love that reference.
Speaker 3: I love you.
Speaker 2: I love you too, man. I miss you, man, I really do you know? I I dream and hope that this will all be over soon, you know. And we can sit in the.
Speaker 1: Studio to do this, sitting across from each other.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And we could offer each other snacks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe drink a Coca cola together.
Speaker 1: You could offer me a tequila sunrise or although I'm not day drinking yet today, I probably will in a bit because the sun's out. It might be time for an ice cold beverage.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, they say that during this pandemic quarantine, a lot of people are playing video games, drinking, smoking a lot of weed, and eating.
Speaker 1: I love that marijuana in the at least Los Angeles has been considered an essential service. Of course, I respect that some people do for medicine and it is required to help them. For Donald and I, who don't always use it for medical purposes, we occasionally find ourselves using it for recreational services. I do appreciate that the weed stores are all open.
Speaker 2: You know. It definitely calms the spirit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what, when you need to take a little bit of anxiety edge off.
Speaker 2: We're not endorsing it, but if anybody out there has a weed company and wants to sponsor our show, we'd be more than happy to first try your product. Right drug deals gone down on Zoom.
Speaker 1: I don't know if there's any I don't know if there's any weed distributors advertising on podcasts, but we'll soon find out, won't we do? This is three two seven, dude?
Speaker 2: Enough enough?
Speaker 1: Okay? Sorry, Hey fans, we love you. If you're a health worker on the front walk, thank you so much for everything you're doing and for your courage whether you're a nurse or a doctor, or a janitor or a medic, or a cop or a fireman, we are grateful to you for being so brave during this time.
Speaker 2: Yes, we are absolutely very grateful to all of the people that work in the grocery stores and put themselves in the viruses way by putting out food and helping people at the grocery stores. Or we thank you as well. You you guys are all heroes to us, and thank you. Thank you so so so so much for your service.
Speaker 1: Yes, thank you so much. And to the brave souls manning all the pot shops in Los Angeles, thank you. Donald count five six stories about you. We made about a bunch of docs and nurses said.
Speaker 2: Here's a story.
Speaker 1: So ya around you here
Speaker 2: Do here office scutch, We watch o miss and get down.