Speaker 1: He is drinks chests, motherfucking podcast man.
Speaker 2: He's a legends every Queens rapper.
Speaker 3: He ain't agreed as your boy in O R E. He's a Miami hip hop pioneer. What Ups d J e f N.
Speaker 4: Together they drink it up with some.
Speaker 3: Of the biggest players you know what I mean and.
Speaker 2: The most professional unprofessional podcast and your number one source for drunk drink chans post Days New Year c That's it's time for drink Champions.
Speaker 3: Drink up, mother, what a good be over? The boy n a oh ed a? What up is DJ e f N?
Speaker 1: And this is militatem and Crazy Roar podcast Drink Champs Man with me and e f N started this out. We said we want to give people they flowers or they can smell them. They thoughts why they can tell them, and they drinks while they can drink them. This man is an icon. This man is a legend. This man has made all of the classic records for the past years, in your radio, in your I'm old school something of them. I was gonna say, Cassette, I'm sorry, he ain't make a concept. This man is a legend of legend. We've been wanting to give him his flowers. We want me to tell them they did a legendary versus just now, and we are going to give him his flowers today. We're gonna make sure that he understands what he means to hip hop.
Speaker 3: And in case you don't know who the.
Speaker 1: Fuck we're talking about, we're talking about the one, only impeccable motherfucker.
Speaker 3: I could have kept going off, but I wanted to keep going.
Speaker 4: I wanted to.
Speaker 1: I have never done a versus. I've been offered to do a versus. I've never done it. How does it feel coming off a versus?
Speaker 4: Man? It's dope. I look at that. I look at that versus like like playing two K, like you know what I'm saying, or like even playing golf, you know what I'm saying, Like I'm picking up golf a lot lately, you know what I'm saying. But it's like that, you gotta you gotta dial in your game. You gotta stick to your game, and you gotta just hopefully end up end up on top. You know what I'm saying. You and whoever you go against, you gotta have your method and you gotta have your game, you know what I'm saying. Like on how you gonna you know what I'm saying, You utilize your catalog or whatnot, and then it's like when you get done, it's like I feel like I feel like, you know, versus that's it, like what Swizzing and Timbo created right there. It's like that's like a winning circle. That's like a you gotta be a winner to even get on verses first of all, so it ain't it can't be no loser, you know what I'm saying. And then you got to know that the person that you're going up against, like against you know what I'm saying. On the verses, it's like this is another goat. So anytime if you slip up on your strategy, you know what I'm saying, it could be a slippery slope, you know what I'm saying. So it's like you how your game died in And that's why I said it's like golf, because it's like if you're going for parts A, part four, you know what I'm saying, you hit it over there in the woods, You're gonna have to clean it up. You're gonna have to you know what I'm saying. You still got to make your way there and get part. You know what I'm saying, because at the end, at the end of the ended up that hole right there is gonna be like, man, what you get? You know what I'm saying. If you if you're a bogie or whatever, you know what I'm saying, Your clean up shot might be your drive might be asked, but your clean up shot might be you know what I'm saying, the shot. But it's like I don't know, it's just it's just dope because I mean at the end of the day, like you could always look back and be like, damn, I could have did this different. I could have did that different. Like you know what I'm saying when when you play golf, when you play NBA two K, like you always like damn, I know I lost because of this in this game right here, But you know what I'm saying, I'm not a loser. I can got damn get back on the stick and we could run it back or whatever. You feel me and somebody like, hey boy, he got a hell of a catalog. Yeah, So it's like that's.
Speaker 3: A crazy match. That was I enjoyed. I'm sorry you finished so much.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I was just saying, like, man, you got a hell of a catalog, and it's like it's not easy for no producer to getting getting on stage with him, and you do it like a versus you know what I'm saying. So, yeah, you know, you know.
Speaker 1: What I love about versus? This is this is this is the thing about it is It kind of started with Swiss and Tim right. Yeah, And I love the fact that y'all kept the tradition going. Yeah, Like when I saw y'all, I was like, oh, ship, I seen y'all having run on stage.
Speaker 3: I seen y'all together. I'm happy to California.
Speaker 4: Correct.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So when you got the first call with what was that?
Speaker 3: What was that thought process?
Speaker 4: It was crazy because it's like man, man, Swizz, We've been talking about doing the versus for a minute and then we're just trying to figure out like who would be like a good matchup.
Speaker 3: Was it always against hit Boy or no?
Speaker 4: It was just like it was a couple of names like throwing out that. But I was just like, man, like I'm with it because like I really wanted, like because I'm thirty six, I really wanted like one of the somebody that I grew up like looking up to. You know what, I'm saying because it's like I still feel like my twenty strong no matter what, Like you know what I'm saying. It was like no really like you know what I'm saying, and I'd rather like going there, like man, yo, this dude gonna this is gonna get washed.
Speaker 1: Wait hold on, So you saying you wanted to battle somebody.
Speaker 3: I was the Statesman. Yeah, really like a DJ for man.
Speaker 4: But yeah, like anybody, okay, Like I was just I was just thinking like on some like just just knowing like exactly what I was saying, like Okay, this would be my method, Like you know what I'm saying, Like I got different ways.
Speaker 3: It was confident in your cattle.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I got different ways I can go in this catalog. You know what I'm saying. If it was to go this way, that way, this way, that way, you know what I'm saying. So it was just like you know what I'm saying, Like you go to the basketball court and you know you can hoot, you like, man, I want I want to. I want to ball again? How a man I always say he wanted Lebrin Like you know what.
Speaker 3: I'm saying, Like you want, you want to, you want but.
Speaker 4: At the same time. It's dope and men hit boy ass so many hits around the same time, so it was dope. That was a dope ass matchup, you know what I'm saying. But me and Swiss have been talking about it for like for like a few years, like like who were lining up and I'm like, man, I'm with it, Like man, I'm with that, Like that that's the dope. That's the dope platform because a lot of times some people know that I did this, this and that, but they don't know I did that, that and this. You know what I'm saying. I'm like to be able to play all my songs at at one time, you know what I'm saying on on on the platform. I'm like, man, that that'll be That'll be dope. So that was like a couple of years ago. Then randomly Jimmy ivin just you know what I'm saying, Texas me, Swizz, you know what I'm saying, manager and Timberland and was like, man, are we doing the versus of work? You know what I'm saying. And then and then and then that's how they are. Yeah, we just all talked about it right there and then and then in the group text right there and it was like and then they were like, man, ship Grammy weekend, we're gonna bring the producers back, you know what I'm saying, Like, Man, we're trying to figure out who down, Like man, you down? Okay boom? Hit Boy just said he down. Man, I'm like, shit, let's run it like that's that's dope.
Speaker 3: So so so. So here's here's.
Speaker 1: One one thing, right, was what made you agree to doing it in California?
Speaker 4: I was doing it wherever? Man, I ain't gonna lie.
Speaker 1: Because because hit Boy's from California, right, and that's kind of like home court advantage, no for real, So for you, I was like I would have thought that you would have said, man, let's do this in the A.
Speaker 4: Let's we can't. We can't do it the name. You know what I'm saying, because just like that's like I just.
Speaker 3: Looked at your like.
Speaker 4: Is like that's like actual home. Like it's like that ship meant like you thought it was turned up like in that room Like man, them song actually means something like you feel me like that. That's what the seed is, like, you know what I'm saying, planted, But I just felt like all we're doing it whatever, just because like, man, man, this is this vibration this ship travel when that ship was like like so local, but like that vibration travel, so like man, we could do it in perish with the one up like you know what I'm saying, like.
Speaker 1: I tell you this when you say that, and I'm gonna say this to you and it's gonna hurt me.
Speaker 3: This is the South ship again.
Speaker 1: It's so But it was a time when y'all y'all going back and forth and hit Boy.
Speaker 3: Plays a NAS record.
Speaker 1: And the NAS record did not go up at all, Like I was so mad. And then I had to realize that sometimes us in New York, we really did think that.
Speaker 4: What's your thoughts? You know what?
Speaker 1: We all But when I seen that, I was like, damn Nori. I was just the first time I.
Speaker 3: Was like fuck because it's a conversation. We have a lot. So we have him up from Miami, he from.
Speaker 5: New York and we have this conversation that like in the early nineties when I was coming up doing stuff, New York had the lock on the whole hip hop industry and it was hard to break through that.
Speaker 3: The A and rs and labels everybody was New York centric.
Speaker 5: And that's why when you when when Andre says this South got something to stay that resonated, and then you know the South obviously, I.
Speaker 4: Mean, I mean it's all it's all about like like evolution, you know what I'm saying. It's like I feel like it was a time where like the West Coast was damn like the mecca hip hop, and like the sound, like everybody's sound was like West Coast driven then and then it was like the mecca hip hop is in like New York, you know what I'm saying. And then you got you got the whole music industry and the mecca hip hop in New York. And then you got a whole bunch of like businessmen and like hustlers like starting all these different labels and starting all these different boutique labels, and there's so much culturing, so much energy in New York, you know what I'm saying. So it's like that shit just a line, you know what I'm saying. It was just like that was like that renaissance and then it's like boom, Like when when Andre said that, that was like kicking the door open, you know what I'm saying. Then it's like it's been it's been so many different you know what I'm saying, Like people that put the city on their back and like just and like just like like bust busting through the doors, you know what I'm saying on the sound and it's like man, it's like, man, we just I just noticed is like a new renaissance. Is like man, like you know what I'm saying, And I gotta I gotta hold it down too. It's like the mecca hip hop is in Atlanta now you know what I'm saying, And.
Speaker 1: Said if I'm gonna if we're sorry New York, but it's like Atlanta, y'all all run.
Speaker 4: God, and it ain't nothing wrong with that. Like even when even when the even when the mecca hip hop was in New York, you know what I'm saying, there was so many there was so many people from Atlanta that we went to New York. You know what I'm saying, we had you know what I'm saying, that's so not a mecca down there. It's like it's like the super Bowl being here, in the super Bowl being there and the.
Speaker 3: Super you know what I'm saying, Like that, you know.
Speaker 4: What I'm saying, like the World Cup, Like you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna go and say what I'm saying because when somebody else comes, you switch up on me.
Speaker 3: So don't even start that ship.
Speaker 4: Because because you know, because one thing you know about it, Like New York got too much energy, you know what I'm saying, Like when New York got too much energy, too much culture. So it's somebody out there, you know what I'm saying. Now, they just need like man, sometimes folks would be needing the guidance. So they just be needing like the right producer, and they just got to be with creating the right way. Like look at Cash Cobaine, Like you know what I'm saying. You know what I'm saying, Like like man, they whole wave, you know what I'm saying, Like their whole waves. Like it's just like a new wave. It's like they're being original. You know what I'm saying. When pop Smoke came through, there's so many, so many energy that then came from New York, the.
Speaker 3: Birthplace of hip hop. You'll never be take no hold on. I've always said that we all wanted to be like New York. But it was the mecca of you know, emulating New York. Y'all are the ones like nah out the South man, no gotta comes out here. I like it.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying. I man my bad like that. You know what I'm saying. I'm sorry, Yeah, this makes the appreciate that accountability man.
Speaker 3: No, he's not gonna be accountable lady man like I.
Speaker 4: Don't want to be the New York man. You saw the verses like why didn't nobody You know what I'm saying, I like, this song got the right.
Speaker 1: Percentage, Like you know what I'm saying, I ain't gonna lie when you when that no song play and the crowd didn't.
Speaker 3: Erupt like that.
Speaker 1: I kind of was like to myself, I was like, damn, I gotta like look at reality.
Speaker 4: No, but she's no that that ain't That ain't fair though, because at the same time, there's a whole world where when he played that man that ship exactly you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: It for me, I looked around. I was like, what the fun.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying, But it's just the room. Like what I'm saying could have been certain songs that I might have played that might have been to this way and the room might not have moved. You know what I'm saying, But I knew at that time. It's like, Man, I'm playing my catalog with Hi boy catalog. I know he got his. You know what I'm saying, I'm gonna go hiss, I'm gonna go I'm gonna still go underground. You know what I'm saying. I'm not gonna you know what I'm Saying'm gonna balance it out, you feel me. So it's like it's just a different, different technique, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Okay, So God comes down right now, God says Mike, Well, you got one record to make to save humanity. You got one feature? What artist you pick it to save humanity?
Speaker 3: Now? This don't gotta be no no.
Speaker 1: No positive record, raw, negative record, just whatever record you want to make.
Speaker 3: Who's that artist you're going.
Speaker 4: To right now? Right now? Man said Aran? Who is shre? M? Holy? Holy said?
Speaker 3: You're gonna say future?
Speaker 4: I mean ship. You can't bits with future.
Speaker 3: You can't miss the future?
Speaker 4: Yeahs for future?
Speaker 3: But who.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying to me, I like to throw the curve balls. You know what I'm saying, you know, I know whatever you were expecting. I know you weren't expecting that, you know what I'm saying. So Seidh Ram, he's like popping artists from India. You know what I'm saying, India ship. Yeah, he told me about India. Yeah, he like it's crazy because him and I had did a record before.
Speaker 3: The point.
Speaker 4: So it's like seem I had met him through my manager DJ. You know what I'm saying, Like him and DJ they Dad did. Dad did like a project of two with each other, my depth jam, you know what I'm saying. And then I had met Sid and then it was like perfect time because he was just getting out of his death jam there and like I told him, I'm like, bro, we're gonna make that music that made people want to get fly. They want makee people want to put on cologne. You know what I'm saying, Like like if you're in the car with your bibe or whatever, and it's like, you know what I'm saying, Like I want to put somebody on something new, Like you're gonna you're gonna play this, you know what I'm saying. And he already has like a whole fan base. They already love him, you know what I'm saying, But like I wanted to come with like a brand new sound with him, you know what I'm saying, Like because his voice was amazing, you know what I'm saying. So we ended up locking in last year and we just had like we had a session in LA but then we had most of the sessions that my compound in Atlanta, you know what I'm saying, made it way, and like, man.
Speaker 3: He tried to say that donal he's at my compound and.
Speaker 4: That's not normal now seventy thousand square feet, you know what I'm saying. Well, that's a blessing for sure, you know what I'm saying. But that's like the headquarters. You know I'm saying, we were cooking up and just we're just trying to innovate, you know what I'm saying. We're just trying to like literally innovate and like create like a new sound, like a new wave. Like even like pairing this producer with this new artist like man, man you tough and youtuugh Man, I want to see y'all go crazy, like because I feel like that's important. Like even when when Rocco had linked me in future like that. You know what I'm saying. It was like we created a whole wave and you know what I'm saying, it's like me, you know what I'm saying, Lincoln, countless people with countless people and seeing what kind of wave that created. You know what I'm saying, It's like that, that's what That's what the centralized hub is. But like see it, it's like one of the persons, one of the people that I was walking in last year, and it's like man his pen and so he was raised he was born in India, but raising the bay, you know what I'm saying. His voice is like amazing. And then we ended up finding like that that that pocket where it's like any beat out come on, any beat that comes on, it's like he's attacking it. So it's like the beat that I'm thinking, like Yo, this is a difficult beat, but it's like man, hole get on this, or like, man, this is a hard beat for like twenty one Savage on somebody vibe out shit, or like this a hard beat for you know what I'm saying, Kanye or Da Da da Like you know what I'm saying. But I might just not have got that got those beats to like these artists, you know what I'm saying, but they're like challenging, so it's like only specific artists are gonna hear the understand it. And it's like, man, any beat I turned on, it's like, man, this dude knows how to take it, Like, you know what I'm saying, just take it there, and his voice just takes it to it just matches the energy of the beat. Like it's very seldom that, you know what I'm saying, when you when you got like a beat that you feel like there's a no brainer just even by itself. It's very seldom that an artist like matches that matches that energy. But when they do, like that's the magic, you know what I'm saying. And it's like all the songs that we did, it was like it was like that. It was like he was like expanding the beat. It was like he was like he was making real songs on that shit though, you know what I'm saying, And it's like and it's real heartfelt in his real life, and I feel like, you know what I'm saying, Like, I'm like, man, bro, if I could get away with singing that good, bro, you can sing you could just sing that. Somebody ask him anything. Man, he's singing, he's singing. Is that the language he's singing? He's singing his language. But this project right here is like majority English. You know what I'm saying. He might he might balance it out, but you know what I'm saying, but it's like majority English. But it's like, man, it's a vibe. Man, he has he actually has a song on my album and that's gonna be the introduction. And then right after that we're dropping a project together. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: That Okay, so sorry, so they got to you're dropping an album.
Speaker 4: We're saying, oh yeah, I'm dropping an album.
Speaker 3: Okay, is just breaking news?
Speaker 4: A no, no, okay, yeah, but my last album was nine years ago, you know what I'm saying. So like, man, took nine years. You know what I'm saying, hit the reset. But so this new album is called Reset. You know what I'm saying. It's Ransom three. It's r three s CT you know what I'm saying. Ransom always still for releasing all new songs orchestrated by Mike Will. You know what I'm saying, So boom, like that was Ransom I already put out Ransom one that was a mixtape, Ransom Too. It was like the debut album, and then this is Ransom three, nine years later, you know what I'm saying. And I feel like this, like, man, I feel like this is the hardest ship I don't put together, cause it's like it's like a crazy intersection. You know what I'm saying. It's like the type of artists that's on here, Like the track list that's on here is like it's like it's like a crazy intersection. It's just like the cool it's like and it's just natural. It's like it's not for its.
Speaker 3: Artist.
Speaker 4: Just so everything happened at the Compound in the five.
Speaker 1: Percent culture nine years is reborn, right, Yes, it's called born born you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so the fact that you know you knew that if you do that or coach, did you hear what he said?
Speaker 4: Though?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't know about They recorded everything at the compounds, like everything we talk about here there, how important it is to be with the artists.
Speaker 3: To work with the artists.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know what I'm saying, And everyone is important because it's like.
Speaker 3: That's crazy.
Speaker 4: Even the number three is like I started looking.
Speaker 1: At egals nine three times yeah, yeah, three times three egles nine, Like.
Speaker 3: I'm looking at everybodybody looking at me, like what.
Speaker 4: Wrong with this nigga? I was I was looking at the numerology number three. You know what I'm saying. I was just saying there was like beginning, middle, and and like you know what I'm saying, past, present, future, And it was like that's what like over these nine years, it's like I've been able to like even reflect you know what I'm saying and understand and then you know what I'm saying, like like now get back into the creative zone and and then start back hooking up and doing like new collaborations. And then just like as I put this compound together, like you know what I'm saying, like just setting up session, whatever happened organically, like not even reaching just like whatever, Like it's touched right here. It's like man, boom, Like if they pull it up, it's like their intention is like I'm trying to cook up with my will, Like you know what I'm saying, my intention, My intention is I'm trying to cook over with this person, and boom is like you know what I'm saying. These beats was made right here at this compound, and if any of these songs were recorded, it was like ten minutes down the street at Max. You know what I'm saying. But it's like now at this point, it's been nine years, I got so much music secked up. But like this album right here, I'm excited about fifteen songs, Reset Ransom three and yeah, you know what I'm saying. So it's a good it's a good collar cleanse man. Right now, when a lot of people saying that everything you know what I'm saying sounds the same or like it's boring, I feel like this is a is a good polert cleanse for that. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: That's the beauty about you is you have a sound, but that's versatile. It's so versatile.
Speaker 4: It's that ear drummer where it's a ear drummer sound. You know. I got a whole production team, like you know what I'm saying, And that was one thing that you know what I'm saying, I started early on. It's like my production team is, like you know what I'm saying, started off for just like me, but but I have other people. Yeah, for sure, you know what I'm saying, like I started off with ear Drummers, Like in two thousand and seven, I was in high school, you know what I'm saying. I was like seventeen eighteen and and Boom, I came up with the name ear Drummers, you know what I'm saying. And then like I was like, man, boom, I was already making the beat for Gucci and stuff. You know what I'm saying. So I was like, man, yeah, like.
Speaker 3: You started for sure.
Speaker 4: I had like a group that I was in before we had like a buzz on the outside of town, you know what I'm saying. And then like like like a lot of the cause I'm from, I'm from like car like Marietta, so you know what I'm saying, Like a lot of the folks outside of Atlanta. Yeah that's like that's like going seventy five north outside of Atlanta. Yoh okay, you know what I'm saying. So boom, A lot of a lot of the artists on the West Side like shouted low defoel you know what I'm saying. Franchise like they would go say, man for real, rest in peace, man. They would they would go to the they would go to like Cayd County clubs or like Marietta clubs, and like like that's how a lot of them got popping, you know what I'm saying. So Boom Shotty Lowe was like one of the first artists to be like, boom, give me his number out like fifteen sixteen, let me come to the studio, you know what I'm saying. So I used to go to Defoyel studio when I was like a teenager, you know what I'm saying. And then and then Gucci I had running to him at Patchwork because you know what I'm saying, studio, Yeah, big studio. Okay, okay, yeah, So like you know, back then, we didn't we couldn't bounce to beat down and just air dropping or like texting, you know what I'm saying, Like like I'm thirty six, but they was like back then, I was like I was like sixteen seven. So we had multi track recorders, so I was recording on my beats on a multi travel recorder. I burned that joint on CD. But then I go to Patrick to get my CDs pressed up. To get my Beat CD pressed up, you know what I'm saying, cost me about one hundred and fifty two hundred. You know what I'm saying, Boom, get my bacds pressed up. And then they say, Mike will boom phone number all that. You know what I'm saying. I used to just I might have a box of fifty or a box one hundred. I'll give him to the white folks, you know what I'm saying. So one day I was right folks, No, no, the right folks, you know, the right folks man. And one of the first people that I gave it to because I was getting I was printing my CDs. And then and then my boy Blaze and told me he was like, man, Gucci man upstairs.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 4: I was like, for real And then he was like, yes, I went upstairs. Boom gave Gucci a CD. And then was like he went in the lounge. He was playing the CD and then he was just free selling to all the beats and then he ended up coming out here like hey, ain't she started with the beats. I'm like hell yeah. He was like come in here right quick, shut this out, and he was just rapping. And then like I was listening to him, like man, damn, it's hard. He was like, man, I need the file for this man. So one of my homeboys, he already was getting paid for beats. Like one of my homeboys I was making beats with the name of marvela Jay. You know what I'm saying. He was already getting paid for beats. So I was like, man, damn, I can get paid for a beat. He asked me for the file. So you didn't know that at the time. You didn't know that you. I ain't never got paid. I ain't get paid for a feature. So I was so I told Goos, I'm like, you got to think this underground.
Speaker 3: Goops.
Speaker 4: I'm just like I'm like, man, I tell Goose, like, man, walk a flock. But just before I knew who Walker Flocker was like you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I understand I'm trying to.
Speaker 4: This is like this is like, yeah, this is like before I knew who Walker Flocker was, you know what I'm saying. And but so boom I ended up giving to the city. So he's like, man, I need the files. So I was like, man, all right, man, ship bro, you just got to holler at my people. It's all good me management, And yeah, I ain't had no management. What I'm saying saying. So he started laughing. He was like hey. He was like, man, I fuck with you. Man, You're gonna be He was like, you a little player, let me get your number. How do you I was like, man, fifteen sixteen whatever I was at the time. So he's like he's like, man, boom, we'll shameing numbers. So now I got Gucci numbers. So now I had like I had, like different like independent artists. I'm like, yeah, man, I'll be rocking with guc Man, you know what I'm saying. So there one dude wanted to buy buy a feature. So I called Gucci one time, like yeah, hey, Gucci, you know what I'm saying, Hey, I got this dude want to buy a feature? You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: He was like, oh, Gucci, been a feature from your beat? Okay, no Gucci, Gucci? So you like, man, hey making me. Hey it was this It was this level. Gucci was like, man, give me thirty five hundred for I hit the road. You know what I'm saying. It was that level Gucci, you know what I'm saying. But but he still knew. I was like a young dude like just at his phone, just trying to make something happen, like you feel me. So he had ended up going to jail. And then when he went to jail, Me and Walker had met each other in the club. You know what I'm saying, But I never knew Walker knew Guccie. Me and Walker met each other on a whole nother note. We damned they were about to fight each other.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying, Like, yeah, that's how me and walking back like you know what I'm saying. It was like all right, so so boom, we are there, Well we're out there, were out there in Marietta. We were in one of these clubs. It's a popping spot club Q. You know what I'm saying, I'm too young to even being this joint. You know what I'm.
Speaker 3: Saying in my mind is walking like this.
Speaker 4: Man, he just talk, you know what I'm saying, Like was like man, boom, he come in and like man like, it's all us over here. We got our own people. And then like walking them there. They're from the South Side, So you know what I'm saying. They was in that deep So some song come on somebody that he was with jumping face, throwing something in my face. So I'm the youngest of my whole crew. So one of my guys just push him. You know what I'm saying. Now that dude fly over there. Now that dude turning into three dudes, and then we start turning in, we start transforming. Everybody started forming, and then out of nowhere, Walker jump in front of his guys and put his hands up and it's like hey, heldo, holo, hold up, like you're like hey, and then my boy, my boy os. I had just met him. It's my brother still to this day, you know what I'm saying. But I had just met him, but he was from New York. He had a New York had on. So him and Walker had already been talking over here. So when they see us, when they see the ship out to go down, they go both run over there, walk and get in front of his people alls get in front of us, and then they liked up and then and then walking like man, you ain't trying from New York. I'm like, nah, we ain't from New York. He's from New York, you know what I'm saying. And then and then and then walking like man walking like nah, nah, man ain't nigga cool man like ooh. And then he turned around and tell this dude, Man, hey, bro, y'all nigga find him for back? Bro, how far the fuck back? So boom they fall back Boom. You know what I'm saying. Now we're over here, and next thing, you know, I go to the bathroom. You know what I'm saying. I see this nigga in the bathroom. I'm like, man, probably this nigga gonna probably try some shit. Like when I walk out the bathroom, because he walking out, I'm walking in. You know what I'm saying, Yeah, so boom, I don't know who this is. I don't know this walker, flock or nothing. You know what I'm saying. Yeah, like we're in the clubs, club shit, you know what I'm saying. So you know what I'm saying, boom. Next thing, you know, he walk out. You know what I'm saying, walking in Boom. I ain't never goddamn coming out there. So you know. And then when you know, when you're too young, like you sixteen in the twenty or eighteen and old the club whatever it was, you know what I'm saying, you can kind of you can kind of tell this some one you used to walker like I'm walking out, walk up, put the arm around me, like, hey, bro, man, damn, it's a hose in here. Bro, you know what I'm saying. And I was like, I was like, I'm like man, I'm like, nah for real, I'm like remember the hell y'all from He was like, man from the south Side. He was like, man, Broy got was like here, Bro. I was like like non for shure for sure. And then he was like he was like man. He was like man, I was. He was like, Man, my bad about earlier, Bro, my nigga, my niggas down there tweaking, Bro, Man your boy. He was coole at hell. Man he had on the New York had. I was just talking to him like I'm from New York like and then I was like word, and then he was like he was like man. Yeah, he was like, man, what should be doing? I'm like, man, I just I was just trying to get to the money.
Speaker 3: Bro, like some real ship beats.
Speaker 4: So I told him I was trying to get to the I turn him out, my bad him. I was trying to get to the money. And then and then he was like he was like man. He was like he was like, man, what you do. You hustled, what you do. I was like, man, Ship, I make beats and he was like, man, oh Ship. He was like, man, my cousin Gucci. Man like right for real, I'm like, nigga, Gucci, my nigga. I pull out my phone. I was showing them two numbers I got on Gucci and he like he was like, oh, ship boy, you know Gucci for real. He was like, he was like, man, hey, let me get your number. Guchi about to come home, Like, let me get your number. So boh he got my number. And then like I walked back over there to like to my guys people you know what I'm saying, and one of my brothers like these my big brothers. They tell my mom like, man, we got him. You know what I'm saying, Like he's gonna be good when he came home, Like you know what I'm saying, he gonna come home. Like so he like, you gave that nigga your number. I'm like I'm like, hey, yeah, he's the man that goosey cousin. Bro. You know he was like he was like, man, fuck that nigga.
Speaker 3: Bro, Like you know what I'm saying, Like that's how niggas are crazy.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying. So you know what I'm saying. So he like, man, hell like, so I'm thinking I slipped Yeah, I'm thinking I slipped up. I'm like, man, I went back and I told walking. I'm like, man, hey, bro, I gave you the wrong.
Speaker 3: Get the number back. He took the number back.
Speaker 4: I'm like, brother, I gave you the wrong down number, and I gave him my Internet number. Like you know that's when you had dollar. You know what I'm saying, this is yeah, yeah, so I give my Internet number. You know what I'm saying. So I'm like, man, if it's ever meant to be whatever, you know what I'm saying, like boom, So I just leave. I forget about the whole scenario. One day, I'm I'm not supposed to be on the phone. I'm slick gonna punishment, you know what I'm saying. When I grab the phone. I got my sister phone she done went to college. I got another phone in my room, plug up the internet line. She started ringing. I'm like hello, and You're like, man, nigga, you don't never pick up the phone. I'm like, man, who is like you're like man if Walker, I'm like Walker wykome who he was like, man, Gucci comes in from the club. I'm like, oh Ship, what up bro? And then so boom our first conversation. We chop it up for like thirty minutes, forty five minutes, and he telling me like he's just telling me, like, man, who with mom is? Like how.
Speaker 3: WA's whole family is gangster?
Speaker 4: Yeah? No, for real? So he tells me who his mom is. You know what I'm saying. He telling me how she managed Gucci and how she really liked the Plug and now I want Nikki.
Speaker 3: Back then before Nikki.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah, it's way before Nikki, you know what I'm saying. So he's just telling me like she managing Gucci and like she like the Plug and everything like that. So I'm like, I'm like, damn for real. He're like hey, yeah, you know what I'm saying. So now me and Walker staying in contact. So like he used to hit me from his mom number sometimes, you know what I'm saying. So one time I'm calling him back and then she she picked up the phone and she was like, is this Mike will I was like yeah. She was like, man, hey, man, you are you all my soign talk about Man, he keep telling me how you're gonna be the biggest producer, and you know what I'm saying, this is and that and like you know what I'm saying, Like.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Like he was like, he was like, man, he kept he kept telling me how you're gonna be the biggest producer and like how you're gonna take over the game, and how I need to meet with you. I need to meet with you, sweetie. I was like, I'm like, man, man, I'm ready, like he told me, like you the plug like man. At this time, I ow who she was my stomach touching the back and my stomach touched my back. You know what I'm saying. So I talked to her about that about me up and now me and Walker staying in contact. Then another time he like, hey, bro, I got my I want to talk to you boom Gucci like her boy, good thing you running to my cousin. Boy, I need them beats, you know what I'm saying. Get them beats to my little cousin. Man, you know what I'm saying. So from there, he started having me pull up to the studio. You know what I'm saying. So like back then, I'm I'm now I'm the youngest nigga in this room. You know what I'm saying, because like it's me and Walker, we the two youngest niggas in the room. But in the room it's like Shoddy red Stove and drump my boy. You know what I'm saying. In fact, boy, you know what I'm saying. All the producers who I look up to, I'm like, damn, like, I'm now I'm in the room with these niggas. You know what I'm saying. So I remember being in there one night and Gucci was like he was like, he was like, man, he was listening to some beats and he was like, hey, bro, this is my young nigga right here. Man's my young nigga. Mike will I played them beats. Bro. I'm like yeah, I'm like, man, hey, now like you feel me like I'm in here, well here, no, these like the gladiators right here. I'm like and he like what you shy?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 4: Put be you know what I'm saying. And then told you this. So I heard play on the beats boom him and his whole squad and that just freestyle and just you know what I'm saying, vibing to the beat, and then from there like you know what I'm saying, and then from there like that's how I met Like Ko Ko pulled me to his side. He would give me some advice on the beat, and they told him, will give me some advice on the beat. They told him, would let me come over to his crib. You know what I'm saying. He had my sessions going on. I met a lot of artists at They told my mama house like you know what I'm saying, that's why he'll forever be my big brother, Like you know what I'm saying. And and that was just me being the youngest guy in the room. But it's like they embraced me like that. But meanwhile, when Walker told his mom that when he told them that he had never heard a beat, he ain't never heard a high hat, he ain't never heard none of my.
Speaker 3: Music about you for you without hearing anything.
Speaker 4: Without hearing just going off vibe, you know what I'm saying, Like he saw like how we transformed out there, he knowing like man, these dudes got to move. But you know what I'm saying. But at the same time, this dude, coolest head on the phone, like you know what I'm saying, And I'm sure he could like tell like the passion, like you know what I'm saying, like when I'm talking to him, And I had a vision. I always had a vision, like as a young nigga, Like you know what I'm saying, Like I always had a vision and like how big like this ship could actually be you know what I'm saying, And and and Walker was overly vouching like I'm talking about to a to a point where like, man, we might go to some Gucci Man video shoot sometime. We might go to Gucci Man video shoot sometime, and you know what I'm saying. He want to walk up in the middle of everybody and be like, hey man, this young nigga about to take over the game. Man, Like you know what I'm saying, this and that, this and that. So it's like, yeah, man, shout out, shout out to Walker, shout out to death. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Yes, So you know, we went twenty minutes to suit you a glass and we wanted to make sure.
Speaker 4: The glass talk to that man. Know what, Let me tell you something, But.
Speaker 1: Let me just tell you something, brother, what you have done, what you have overcame, what you have provided to the game. We got to give your flowers, brother, like, like we gotta, we got we got to get your flowers. Brother, like, you are really one of the best producers ever made it.
Speaker 3: So we want to get you.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, gave you better than they because it comes from our people. But we want to tell you how much you mean to us, man, Like I mean to the game period is You're a legend, legend, you are icon.
Speaker 3: You you you you are one of the.
Speaker 1: Best producers out there, if not the best producer out.
Speaker 3: There, And we want to give you your flowers.
Speaker 4: Man, appreciate that. Appreciate that. I appreciate that. It's definitely going up in the compound. Man.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, And and I can't lie every time I see you, like I got a beef for you, and I was.
Speaker 6: Like, damn yeah yeah.
Speaker 4: But also also also we gotta we gotta get our drinking game on with them.
Speaker 3: Are we ready for quick time, y'all?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, no, no already.
Speaker 1: Now, if you don't want to drink, you don't have to. You can sit or you can sit by the way. You have just won Drink Champs most expensive. Patty Lavelle had it for a second.
Speaker 3: No, she she ordered.
Speaker 1: Camis and then I and I ordered her office.
Speaker 3: But when you ordered this ship with whatever whatever the.
Speaker 4: Name that.
Speaker 3: The other one thirty two thousands.
Speaker 4: I ain't gonna lie. I ain't gonna lie. Man. You you are, you are what you and you are what you consume. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: So you're killing in.
Speaker 1: We got a officially, Mike will is the most expensive Nigo on Drink Champs.
Speaker 3: Yo, hold on, you're gonna compete with relaxed Teddy Rolly came very close. Teddy Body came a humble production budget.
Speaker 4: Now this shot, this ship is a big This ship is a big platform. Man. You know what I'm saying, and and and and it's all about you know, taste palace man, y'all got go by that we keep keep them.
Speaker 3: Yes, we all hate the spade driven.
Speaker 1: But do you I don't even know how to pronounce this ship.
Speaker 4: You ordered.
Speaker 7: Bumba bro that's the type of that's the type of red.
Speaker 4: Okay, so where's that from? This specific one? I don't know where it's from.
Speaker 1: Talk that one kind of ship because no, no, he's very expensive.
Speaker 3: I said I can hang out with this nigga, and he wanted he would it.
Speaker 4: I was like, this is my type of Yeah, okay, break where's that coming from? This one right here, come from Italy, Italy.
Speaker 3: Okay, listen, I can hang.
Speaker 4: With you all day for sure. I have you ever been in Napa Valley?
Speaker 1: Absolutely? Yeah, absolutely, I'm gonna opens one. Dude, I'm a chemist. Dude, I'm I'm I'm all that, I'm.
Speaker 4: With all that.
Speaker 3: So cool.
Speaker 4: We got we got, we got the album, the joint, we got the list.
Speaker 3: So you got to explain your game. This is our drinking game. We're gonna give you two options right here.
Speaker 5: You picked one, we don't drink one of the options you say both both are neither, Like you really don't want to answer, you want to be politically correct. Then we all take a shot or we take a drink. But really it's about stories. It's really about bringing up names and places and things.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's not.
Speaker 3: It's not about pinning anybody against each other.
Speaker 8: Yea.
Speaker 3: So the first one is.
Speaker 4: I don't want no smoke. Future young thug, Come on, man, y'all popping up like that, you're taking we got, Yeah, I got, I gotta, I gotta, I gotta say both. You know what I'm saying, because a drink. Yeah, because of all of what they all of what they did for the game, and and you know what I'm saying, how they push it forward, like like it was real. It was real similar meeting both of them. You know what I'm saying, Because it was like it was like it was real similar meeting both of them, because it's like like I had my future, like I said earlier, like with Rocco. You know what I'm saying, Future and Rock Shakestage situation ship for real?
Speaker 3: I really hold a f BG.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: It was crazy. Sorry to cut you off.
Speaker 1: I met Future and Rocco in the same exact place. I can't say weird because I think they still hang out there. So I met Rocco one day there and then I met Future the next day.
Speaker 4: It was crazy, Yeah, non for real, but we was like I will always see Future, like we'll be in the same clubs or whatnot. But like one day I was holding that Roco like, man, bro, what's up? Man? Like man, you know what I'm saying. You need to steal a rap bro, Like I got some ship for you. He was like, man, look man, I'm putting the focus on you know what I'm saying, my guy right here? Man, you know what I'm saying. Yeah, he was like, man, he was like, man, this dude next, So me in future had exchange numbers right then. Then like a night or two later, I was in Magic and.
Speaker 3: Then like I was a city yeah club.
Speaker 4: Yeah for sure. And and that's you know, that's we in Atlanta. Like you record the song just to go to Magic, just to just to play it, you know what I'm saying. Like that's like, can your ship play at the Grammy? He's like, you know what I'm saying. So it's like for he heal. So it's like one day we imagine and and like I'm I'm telling Esco, this is my first time me and Esco like I'm yeah. So I'm like, I'm like, man, he went to jail right years later, you know what I'm saying. But but like when when I when I when I was talking to him mom at this specific time, I was like, man, a bro, I'm about to go on a crazy run. I'm like, man, I'm about have going a crazy run working with every artist in the city. Bro, I'm at every studio every night, like I want to be able to come through here and like and and like play these records and break these records, like I want to fuck with you. Whatever you're fucking with, I'm fucking with, like you know what I'm saying, like off the rip, And so he was like, man, hey, bro, man, the artists I'm focusing on right now is future. You know what I'm saying. And I was like, I'm like a word. And then he was like he was like yeah, like you know about future. I was like, man, that's the one who got I'm like, what's so he got here? Like, Man, you heard Mexico Lingo. I was like, hell yeah, I was. I remember True Life.
Speaker 3: Talking to us about future, but he caught a meat had m m. Yeah. He was down with the Dungeon family at that time.
Speaker 7: Before that or this is after that, you know, this was this has been after that and then so so he was like, man, Mexico Lingo and I was like, man, I had been hearing that and Platinum and and and Magic.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying, like between those two clubs, Like I was hearing that, like like I was hearing that overly, so I was like, oh, like yo, no, I fuck with that Mexico Lingo. And I was trying to figure out who that was from the city, you know what I'm saying. So then boom, he was like, man, that's Future, you know what I'm saying, Like that's the artist I'm focused on. I'm like, man, ships line the session up, you feel me?
Speaker 3: This off DJ.
Speaker 4: So that ended up being the second person that like within like that week that was talking about like you know what I'm saying, Mike Will and Mike Will in Future. So boom we had set up the session and one thing I already had knew about Pluto was like, man, all right, man Broke got an out of pocket flow and he done to do like different shit like you know what I'm saying, Mexico Lingo and watch this Like those were my like introductions, you know what I'm saying, like to like but I had heard his music before, but I ain't know it was him, Like but like nah, I know, like okay, this is this is bro you know what I'm saying. So from then it was just like I'm in the studio every day, every day. You know what I'm saying every song on Dirty Spike Streets calling true story. You know what I'm saying, honest, you know what I'm saying, Like like Pluto, you know what I'm saying. Astronaut said all that like every day. You know what I'm saying. So it was like it was like that that right there was like a groundbreaking time. And then I remember, like you know what I'm saying, like like all that was happening in Me and Pluto were like the young and bringing the cool and bringing them forward, pushing sound in like the out of pocket like sound like for like we're like owning that space, you know what I'm saying. And then I remember, like this time. Now we're moving around now bro into put on tour, Like now I'm working with all kinds of different artists. I'm l a a little bit more in New York, a little bit more Miami, Like I'm moving around now. And then I go back to the city and then Gucci telling me about young Thug you know what I'm saying, and go like, Bro, I'm telling you when you meet this dude right here, Bro, this dude is a star. Bro, Like you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: And what was the first record you in future when you got together that you was like, oh my god, this is it.
Speaker 4: Uh dirty dirty s Frike was the first time that Fight was the first time drink that fright was the first song that Fight was the first song that we that we did.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying, that's your first song.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, the first song we did. You know what I'm saying. And you know anything, you know what I'm saying. You want to put the lane with it, if you want to put Kanye whatever you want to do. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 8: You know what I'm saying. For the want me a lot, I was like, shit, that was.
Speaker 4: The first song that then like ain't nowhere around it. I feel like that was just like that was like when we when we knew like we that's when like the radio was playing that joint for thirty minutes straight, you know what I'm saying, and like running it back. They were like excited about it, like coming off of that True Story project, you know what I'm saying, Like, ain't away around it was like it like broke them all. But then like when we did like the night we did Turn on the lights and never end in the same night, you know what I'm saying, And like and I ain't gonna lie, you know what I'm saying. Like it was similar to like ain't nowhere around it because he did, ain't nowhere around it and Tony Montana, damn there in the same night. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Future is my hero, the future of the man bro.
Speaker 9: Future we got going, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: We like with like with like thug too. It was like was another one where it was like, man, this dude, this dude like was the first person to make me feel like disconnected from the city, like because I was always the young and like, you know what I'm saying, So I'm the youngest one in the room. So we always bringing like the whether it's me and walking me and future me, and like you know what I'm saying, Like we were bringing like the young, the new, the new ship. And then it's like now I'm moving them outside of the city. Been going for a little bit. Then I come back and I meet this dude thumb and I'm like, damn, like hold on, he got a whole new lingo, he got a whole new sway, he got a whole new and then I'm hearing like, what are you doing with like eight away my field? What are you doing with like Sonny, what are you doing with Metro? You know what I'm saying, Yeah, you know what I'm saying. Like, and I'm hearing that, I'm like, I'm like, damn, they come with a new wave. I'm like, that's hard, Like they created like a new wave, you know what I'm saying, because like like like that's that's it's tough to do because there's so many creatives and so many like like dope creative people coming out of Atlanta. It's like and then in that twenty five is like a big ass pot like a gumbo pie, and you gotta be original, you know what I'm saying, Like to like really like like go, you gotta be bringing like something new, like for your ship to cut through, and you gotta put up like X amount of points and X amount of hours. So it's like, you know what I'm saying, Like when when you start seeing them new waves form, like you you you start you start seeing it, So it's like, man, salute to both of them. Guys. Man, you know what I'm saying Pluto and Young Thuff for being originators and taking the city and the sound as far as like, you know what I'm saying, they took it. You feel me and taking it.
Speaker 3: Expected them both? Right, Okay Gucci or Walker.
Speaker 4: Man, Yeah, try get me joint.
Speaker 3: You're gonna get yourself drump because.
Speaker 4: You know we're gonna we're gonna say, we're gonna say what we're talking about.
Speaker 3: Whatever you like, better friends, we can take a shot. I'm not gonna lie to you. You might have had the best twirl on drinking Champs history. The way he just working.
Speaker 4: That's why I know you know that.
Speaker 1: But Valley when he said that, But Valley, he twirled.
Speaker 4: This is an expensive nigga here, listen. Yeah, we gotta say both.
Speaker 3: Okay, both what poker d m X cool. That's a good one resting piece of both.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 4: I'm an indecisive nigga. Bro, let's just keep drinking. Drink, drink. That's what I can pick the shot, bud. Yeah, I was literally trying to be both of them.
Speaker 3: Okay, you want me to take this?
Speaker 10: You take this, Ladies, you know I'm scared of Girlrihanna, take a sht.
Speaker 4: Pour it up performation.
Speaker 3: God for real, but I google that.
Speaker 4: I was like this, nigga did formation?
Speaker 3: Your catalog is wild? I didn't.
Speaker 4: I don't even realize that.
Speaker 1: Listen, I listen. I'm taking a shot for your catalog. Listen, I'm taking a shot for your catalog.
Speaker 5: Congratulations, brother, Like your catalog is the type of catalog that you could take a break for nine years, you break continuously in everybody's ears that you never left.
Speaker 4: That's real. It's an agent like Barolo's agent. And hey, this is this is a thirty year Kanyak that we're sipping on.
Speaker 3: Let's let's talk about the Kanye.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a thirty year Kanye. Don know, it just happened. Just happened. It just happened. It just happened.
Speaker 3: It just happened.
Speaker 4: Man. So this was make this is premiss promis.
Speaker 11: Yeah, this a little suspicious ship, No, for sure, this is this is your ship.
Speaker 4: Man. This is like it's like it's like it's my it's my ship as far as like like you fuck with it, I fuck with it organically, fuck with it. One of my one of my family. You know what I'm saying. They came with this like like in two thousand and three, So that's twenty three years ago, you know what I'm saying. So, like and there was already aged eight years back then, you know what I'm saying. So it's thirty one years you know what I'm saying, Kanyak. But if you even if you see the drinks on us video whatever, like it's in a lot of videos. Man, we've we've been drinking this something to someone to love video and all that kind of stuff. You know what I'm saying from this, you know what I'm saying. And you got for the guys and the girl. Yeah, it's the first pink This's the first pink con. You know what I'm saying. This ain't like like New Baux or anything. It's not like a liquord. It's like proof. Yeah, you know what I'm saying. So it's like yeah for sure. Yeah. Man, So we're sipping on this age age up there. Okay, you know.
Speaker 3: Race shwimm it.
Speaker 4: Outcasts, No, man, we gotta go, we gotta go. Damn. That's not even easy, man. That's the section over there.
Speaker 3: Dominican and the Columbian section make the question.
Speaker 4: They made the question that some Cold Brothers man taking a shot to that we got Let's take a shot, man, Let's take a shot man. It ain't it ain't nothing come before the Shrim. But you know what I'm saying, thank you for thank you the outcast, thank you to you know what I'm saying, Hypnotized Noise Dungeon fan for the inspiration to even for us, even like for me as a producer, and you know what I'm saying, for us even kicking the door and like you know what I'm saying, take it, like push your limits, you know what I'm saying, Like for real, what.
Speaker 3: Was the thing I heard with them? The labels named after them backwards.
Speaker 4: And yeah so but yeah tell us, yeah, so my label, my production company is Ear Drummers, you know what I'm saying. And then to turn into a record label, and like Shrim was already like they were already trying to do like songwriting, sweight leaves, make beats, like you know what I'm saying. Like so they were already part of the squad and they were messing with my brother's p Nasty and Mars and and Boom like like this one Jimmy, like I had like man, I had like thir teen songs on the radio at this time. Man, Jimmy I been telling me like, man, you need to have your own label, you know what I'm saying, so you can put out your own music. Man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, takes care of producers so much for real.
Speaker 4: And he loved that and it was like, man, I want to I want to give you a label deal. And it took me two years.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So my manager is Jimmy Iven. Nephew, you know what I'm saying. J Okay, yes, yep. So that's the homie. So he introduced me to Jimmy Iveen. When Jimmy Iven, when me and him met and like we chopped it up. It was just like, man, Jimmy Iven just took me under his wing and just was like, man, boom whenever you in time you come over here. Like he loved it, like just feel game, like you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Brought up. He's a great guy.
Speaker 4: So he was like, he was like, man, you really need to start your own record label because you just yeah, like man, you're essentially just out here inventing the sound and just giving it to like all these different like companies or whatnot. You know what I'm saying. And it's like they're not even cut you in on your invention, Like you know what I'm saying. So you're you're inventing, You're inventing the sound, You're inventing somebody, you know what I'm saying. And it's like, here, take this, this is all we have, Like take this for your invention. And it's like, you know what I'm saying. He made me understand that and a whole other way. So I was like, I'm like, damn, Like you're right. So it took me two years to grasp it because I always said I wanted a record label. But at the same time, it's like when you got when you're right here, sitting right here in the same room with Jimmy I being here like man, I'm trying to get your label deal. It's like, damn, do I'm having so much successful doing what I'm doing? Do I want to take a.
Speaker 3: Different clots and that this is the actually this is.
Speaker 4: The real thing. Like now you're about you want to take that on. Now it's a whole different like position, Like it's a whole different hat. It's like you're an executive now, you know what I'm saying, Like producing is one thing you're doing a service. And then now you're an executive, you know what I'm saying. Then you're an executive producing. Now you're inventing something. And then you have to create this product and then package it all the.
Speaker 3: Way up and operation.
Speaker 4: Yeah, to a point where people consume it and are happy with it, you know what I'm saying, Because how much suff do we consume and be like, man, this ship trash? You feel me? So now that's what you're trying to do, you know what I'm saying. And so it's like it's a it's a it's a totally it's a totally different ball game. So it took me two years to be like, man, you know what, Man, we're gonna do this ship, you know what I'm saying. So P and Mars they were already rocking up with with swaying Gym, you know what I'm saying, And they were already over there cooking up crazy stuff. But P and Mars would be at a lot of those meetings too, so they knowing the temperature too, Like, man, were about to do it, label do it at some point, you know what I'm saying. And then we also had a few more artists that we were looking at at the time, you know what I'm saying, And artists are bubbling and it's like, man, you know what, Man, we want to try to sign them, or we want to try to sign them. We're trying to sign sign anybody because I'm knowing, like, man, I'm trying to take this sign and I'm trying to push it as far as possible. I'm trying to bring as many new artists to the game, and I'm trying to work with the biggest artists in the game. Again, I'm a new sign and like get them to sound that that that comes from us, like you know what I'm saying, and like just changed the game with like that new sound, like you know what I'm saying, which you feel me like, So so yeah, man, like ended up long story short, man, y'all got me drinking. So I'm just.
Speaker 3: The next question. But I got you.
Speaker 4: But but so it's like it's like it's the name Flip. So we go to the studio. We had the studio one day and I tell I tell, I asked Jimmy and Sway and I'm like, man, because I had one day I had wrote down like because I wanted to do. Like I was always thinking about the expansion of ear drummers, So I was like, man, we got to have like a live rock and roll side because we already own it, like like this hip hop like trap side, you know what I'm saying. So it's like, what is the ear drummers spelled backwards? I was thinking about Oprah and Harpo, you know what I'm saying. And then I was like, man, okay, ship man, what is it if we spelled ear drummers backwards? Man Race Stremmer, Like that's hard. So I was gonna make that life the live, the live alternative side, you know what I'm saying. And then when I met them, I'm like, man, the dude is the coolest dudes on earth. Like like they just they just walking and just making bangers after bankers, after bankers, after bankers, like swily making hard at beats, like you know what I'm saying. Seeing him like cook up no tight and like they I got tears when I hurt no tight, like you know what I'm saying, and everything like that, it's like I'm seeing I'm like, man, these dudes can make anything cool on earth, you know what I'm saying. Hey, Hey, what y'all thinking about the name Ray Stremmer for the group name? And then they're like Race Stremer, what's that. I'm like, man, that's the ear drummers backwards, Like oh, hell yeah, nigga, nigga, that's squad, Like hey, yeah, let's do it, you know what I'm saying. And then they're like, man, hey, you're shrimp life. I'm like, see just they already flipped.
Speaker 3: All right, excellent Kendrick or Drake.
Speaker 4: Got gonna do this, damn all right. So I'm gonna just I'm gonna just go ahead, and I'm gonna just go ahead and go Kendrick, you know what I'm saying, And you know what I'm saying. And I want to salute Drake for you know what I'm saying, being somebody who who always like showed love from the beginning, Like you know what I'm saying. He was like one of the first like major artists like go on Twitter and just tweet like Mike Will made it, you know what I'm saying. And then he remixed Ship and then him the Future had for real, you know what I'm saying on my track and then like even even with with Pluto early days, you know what I'm saying, going on the road with with with with Drake, it was like, you know what I'm saying, Drake always showed love, you know what I'm saying. And then it's like with Kendrick, it was like me and Kendrick just had like a little bit like more like personal close relationship in the sense of like literally every time, like like the first time me and Kendrick met, it was like two too much records that I could look at. You produced for Kendred for real, but you know, it took us seven years.
Speaker 5: It took them a while, y'all. But y'all have been interacting but just never music.
Speaker 4: So we met. We met Ryan like twenty twenty eleven school Boy Q introducers Q. That's my brother. We had already did, Yeah, we had already did my Hate and Joint and we did my Hat and Joint. And then they were in Atlanta one day and he was like, Man, I need to link you with this dude that's on my label. Man, he about to be the next biggest thing, Like I'm like for real. And then he was like I'm like what's his name here? Like Kendrick and I was like ship. I'm like, man, man, tell me what studio. So he told me to go to stink on you. I got to stink on you. I'm in there with Kendrick. Man. I'm playing a bunch of beats in Atlanta stink.
Speaker 3: Only Yeah yeah Early Kendrick.
Speaker 4: Yeah. So I'm playing them. I'm playing them a bunch of beats. He take a bunch of beats. So I was like, I just put him to outside. I ain't really know him like this, and at this time, like certain people were like leaking my beats or like leaking like certain songs like produce my mic well this and this and that. You know what I'm saying. I don't really know him any different than anybody else. So I was like, man, I'm like, bro, let me how let you right correeat. So then we step out of the studio. I'm like, hey, bro, look man like, Bro, I'm gonna give you all these beats, bro, and you just gotta man, you just gotta give me a word. Bro. You're not gonna lead, nohing, Bro, just on lead now, you know what I'm saying. And then he started laughing. He was like, hey, bro, I fuck with you money, Bro, and we and we go in the studio. He was like, hey, bro, you know this nigga just pulled me out and said his nigga just pulled me out and said, hey bro, man, hey man, I'm gonna give you my beats, but nigga, don't leave my ship. Nigga. Fuck with this nigga. You know what I'm saying. And then ever since then it was like, man, we were locked in, and like every time he would come to Atlanta, like you know what I'm saying, Like as soon as he laying, pull on here on my phone. You know what I'm saying, I'll pull up on them playing my ganga beats him a gangab beasts anytime, my man la. As soon as I laying I'm hitting their phone, I'm pulling up on them saying, think were linking up. You know what I'm saying. You know what I'm saying is.
Speaker 3: That how Humble was made, How humble was me.
Speaker 4: So that was like just to find we.
Speaker 3: Don't get out of there. We could go back to them, but.
Speaker 4: That was the foundation. That's how the foundation was, Like how Humble was made. It was like okay, now, good kid, Mad City and Pimple Butterfly Drop, and I'm like, Damn, I ain't made neither one of these. I know I didne gave him at least five hundred and sixty five beats, like you know what I'm saying, or something like crazy, like I didn't. I didn't get this man a lot of beats, you know what I'm saying. So I had to just ask one of those already there though, that boy sucking them tru.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying, We're one of those beats already. Did he already have him? No?
Speaker 4: So he was like so he was like, So he was like, man, I asked him. I'm like, Bro, Man, for real, Bro, I'm giving you the wrong beats. Like I'm hearing the albums and I can hear that gave him to that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he keeps changing from that album to the an album change, so this album change.
Speaker 4: So when I'm hearing the album, I'm like, I'm hearing that I did give him the wrong beats, you know what I'm saying. So I'm like, hey, bro, keep giving me the wrong beats. If you just give me like a direction you want to go, man, I feel like you know what I'm saying. He was like no, no, you ain't giving me the wrong beats, Like all them beats you give me hard like like I just know when I when I when I go in with you, I want to just lock in with you and I want to God, damn, you know what I'm saying. So when we were starting down, it was like I feel like that was the early stages. Like with Kendrick, you never know, you never really know what's going on, Like you know what I'm saying, he's on his planet, and then you know what I'm saying when he summits you. You know what I'm saying, Like we call you in and then it's like man, he really had, he really had called me and was like, man, yo, you're in La. I'm like, I'm in LA. And he pulled up to the crib like like early, like nine in the morning, ten in the morning. Was over there like damn there all day going through all kind of beats. Took a whole bunch of beats, you know what I'm saying. Then he hit me back here like man, I pull up to the studio, pull up to the studio with him. He let me hear Humble, DNA and XXX. He had just started xxx. I'm like, god, dang, you know what I'm saying, Like, man recorded, yeah, humble DNA, and you didn't know. You didn't know that he recorded it.
Speaker 3: He gave me the beat.
Speaker 4: Yeah. But he was telling me he was going in like he'll send me like a little video on his phone and stuff like that. So then when we when I get to the studio and I hear that, he's like, man, I just want to finish this DNA. He was like, man, you got your you got your computer, you got your beat machine. I'm like, hell yeah, So I put out my computer and then and then he was like then he was telling me how you wanted to wrap on there, and he was like, man, I just want to hear like what kind of beach you'll dude like around you around, like this kind of flow, you know what I'm saying. So now I do the second half of DNA. You know what I'm saying. And then it's just loud. I'm like, man, this ship so out of here, bruh. So now I was like, we're excited about DNA. So he telling me like, man, well, humble, he like humble, Man, Like I love this song. I noticed a slot I know this a but I don't know if it fit like Damn necessarily, Like I got DNA, DNA need to be my single, Like I'm just snapping on that joint. We knew DNA was just hard, but he knew Humble was like he knew it was gonna be a commercial. He knew it was gonna be a slap, but he 'tof he wanted to put it out, like you know what I'm saying. And so he was like, man, you're about to drop Ransom too, right, And I was like yeah. He was like, man, he was like, you might as well take Humble for Ransom too. I was like, I'm like, hey, I'm like, Bro's supposed to be on your album? No, no, he just he just says this. I'm like he was dead serious. I'm just like, Bro, look, I ain't gonna lie to you. Man. I appreciate that, Bro, you know what I'm saying, but I feel like I'm stealing if I do that. Bro, Like, man, this song this sounds so big, bro, and it's gonna be some much bigger. Did you know what I'm saying. I'm like, gonna be somewhere bigger. You put it out, bro. Man, I'm like, Man, you yeah. He was like, I'm like, man, you got it. He was like, Man, I don't know. I'm gonna sleep on it. Da da da, And next thing, you know, hit me the next day. He was like, Man, send me whatever song you want me to get on for your album. He was like, man, Top just said the same thing you said.
Speaker 5: Like.
Speaker 4: He was like, man, he was like, Man, what you think which one you think should be the single? Like Humble DNA. I was like, Man, depending on when you drop, Like you know what I'm saying, You just dropping a single and then you're gonna drop the album a little later, Go Humble. You know what I'm saying, you are if you're gonna drop the single, then the album same week, Man, go DNA. You know what I'm saying. Got that shot value. So he ended up shooting both videos. He dropped Humble, ship went through the roof, and then a couple of weeks later he dropped the album, and then he had the video for DNA, and then Humble was number one, and then DNA was number two, Hot one hundred and that ship just both for like Humble double diamond and DNA is fucking fifteen times platinum. Man, told you that appreciate that we're toasting it that I told you that you gotta watching chips sound bro, I ain't gonna lie.
Speaker 3: These just fantastic. Who those they feel vegan? They are vegan? Yeah, definitely veganis real talk.
Speaker 5: Uh So, just to be sure, you said Kendrick on that one, right, we drinking or not? You know we're drinking, Get a boy, any reason.
Speaker 4: That's just that's just more who raised me? Like you know what I'm saying. I was super young when both of them came out, you know what I'm saying. But like Pansy and Bonn b like major influences. Like for sure it's some pizzas, some piece of pounds, real.
Speaker 3: Talk, organized noise or beats by the pound.
Speaker 4: I damn that's crazy. I gotta organized noials though, Man, you know what I'm saying. Recipes We wait for real major influence, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: And recipes Bush Bill Fro ghetto boys too, you know, for sure, Mike jack or Prince Michael Jackson. What you motherfuckers write it? Like?
Speaker 4: Man, y'all y'all have some cold like that's what y'all want to get.
Speaker 1: That's we always ask three chances, and we love we love Michael.
Speaker 3: We like the stories of either like the legends that made Little Purple.
Speaker 4: You know, you know what's crazy, like during this journey right here, like I've been I've been trying to like figure out like like like print, like like Purple Rain and like Thriller, like them nine songs journeys like man, both of them songs were like major influences. Like how those songs, how those projects were so short, but it went on the fucking journey, like you know what I'm saying. So I don't know, Man, I don't know. I might, I might go let you finished. I'm going Mike, Oh, I'm so, I'm not gonna lie to you.
Speaker 3: We don't know. Like they're beef. Their beef is historial beef. Oh man, crazy beef.
Speaker 5: We've been hearing all kinds of stories trying to run over Michael Jackson.
Speaker 3: Oh, like running off the road, trying to run him off the road.
Speaker 4: No, no, no.
Speaker 1: So So this is the reason why we don't we don't never answer this. It is because we always like get new information that happens, and we find out that first off, Prince, it's a meaning.
Speaker 3: That's what Michael Jackson said about Princess.
Speaker 1: Michaelright, Sorry, we didn't know this story. You're ready, You're ready. Farrell calls me one day, Oh the super Yeah. So Farrell calls me one day and he's like, Laurie, I kind of like need a favor for me.
Speaker 4: So I'm like, what the fuck?
Speaker 3: What are we talking?
Speaker 5: Mom?
Speaker 3: Does Farrell needed a favor for me? Right?
Speaker 1: But he says, I said Michael Jackson a bunch of beats? He said, that's not what normal will rap on. Michael Jackson wanted to rap on super dugs.
Speaker 3: What what? So Farrell said him a bunch, like.
Speaker 4: You know, one of them. He like, Michael Jackson joints. I want to nor.
Speaker 3: Morel hit me. I'm like, holy moly, Walker Moly.
Speaker 1: So Barrell hits me and I actually, I don't know if I ever said this part of the story. I actually picked out five beats for Michael. Yeah, no, no, no, no, no, not for Michael. For Farrell.
Speaker 4: Was like, yo, just pick out these five beats, and I actually.
Speaker 3: For him to give it to Michael.
Speaker 4: I don't I don't ever know if I've ever.
Speaker 3: Does that make sense? Like, I don't know if I ever did that, like, I just it was like, you know what, bro, you're my g I got you and I did it.
Speaker 1: So I don't know if that was ever for that, but that's one of my best stories in Michael Jackson. Jackson, one of my fucking beats.
Speaker 3: You. Thank god there wasn't no social media back then.
Speaker 4: Imagine back then it was fucking social media.
Speaker 3: God, man, we need to.
Speaker 4: I would have been like, because I believe Michael Jackson was a gangster.
Speaker 3: For sure, why you got quiet? I mean, I don't know for sure.
Speaker 5: I think Michael Jackson, but he did call Prince of meanis why don't he just square up with them?
Speaker 4: Man? He got too much to lose. He got too much. You know what's I lose? See that gangsterday? You know how to walk away from you know?
Speaker 3: I love the story. I don't think it's true, the one with him in Park five. I don't think it's the true story.
Speaker 4: That's amazing.
Speaker 5: Story.
Speaker 3: A comedian is telling it. There's a comedian that's been telling that story.
Speaker 4: That's funny.
Speaker 5: Wait, can you can you tell him I had to do with your daughter that that park was dating. But when Quincy Jones and Michael's connection, you know. So Michael looked at Quincy Jones, daughter is like his niece, and as supposed that, he saw Park like, you know, disrespect her in some kind of way, and then he stepped to him and then they fought. I mean, I think this is a fake story, but it's an amazing story just to pretend that it happened.
Speaker 3: And they said that Michael had to ill reach.
Speaker 4: My wife from Gary in the end, man.
Speaker 3: And Joe, and Joe Jackson was hard on him, so he grew up hardcore.
Speaker 4: Honestly, man, je just salute Joe Jackson. Man, I'm in a rare.
Speaker 3: Curator, man, But he raised them hardcore.
Speaker 4: I mean, that's what they said in the movies, but that could have been anything we all would raise hardcore.
Speaker 5: I'm not saying that the extreme of hardcore. But nonetheless he's still he raised them.
Speaker 4: Vision for sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Right, they want to go to the next question, because I got a lot more.
Speaker 3: Naza l L naz ll cool Jackson.
Speaker 4: I'm going nast going now. I'm saluting them both.
Speaker 5: Yeah, absolutely, I love them from queens Ace Hood of twenty one Savage.
Speaker 4: H uh, I got bankers for both of them, brothers. Man, you know, what I'm saying, thank you, brother. Uh, we need to keep drinking, man, I got bankers for both of them, man, so little got it and I'm gonna take you know what I'm saying. Okay, let's go you ready, absolutely, Hey, even though we drink, I'm gonna still go twenty one. I'm gonna go twenty one on that.
Speaker 3: You made us drink and then you took it drinks. Man, that's okay.
Speaker 4: I'm start getting like that now.
Speaker 12: Man's talking like that the boy alchemist mm hmm, yeah, probably alchemists.
Speaker 4: Man, I had a lot of inspiration shut out man for real, big up it boy, but big up to both of them for real and kind of.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're both Dre or Quincy Jones, doctor Jack Quincy Jones I am.
Speaker 4: I ain't got to do with this ship. Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: I mean you could argue that Dre is the hip hop Quincy Jones he is.
Speaker 4: What I was about to say, like Quincy Jones laid the foundation, Dre came through and pushed it, you know what I'm saying with a whole new sound, it's like, ah, but it's like, you know what's crazy when I when I wrap up albums like as an executive producer, Like, you know what I'm saying, I want to listen to this album that I'm putting together next to like some albums out look at like some of the best albums. So it's like I always play Thriller. I always play like Get Rich of Dog Trying. I always play like, you know what I'm saying, all lives on me, you know what I'm saying. And it's like and it's like, but Drayden producer, all on me, right, But I still listen to it, you know what I'm saying. And then then I'll listen to the Game's album, you know what I'm saying, And and I listened to that with whatever album' about to drop, because like I thought it was short, you know what I'm saying, Give Give It to the Trump was long, but it's still like that same complete journey, you know what I'm saying. So it's like if I if we had CD changers, you know what I'm saying, and I had my CD in and it was a change over to the CD, change over to this CD change over the city, come back to my city? Is my ship hitting in the line of that flowing Yeah, we're going to look both for them, man, for that's the absolutely that Jones get y'all drunk today.
Speaker 3: Many metro booming and murder.
Speaker 4: Beats, by the way, Finy Jones the most drunk I've.
Speaker 3: Ever in my life, Jones, and I don't think in l a that was, man, I gotta tell it.
Speaker 2: So.
Speaker 3: Metro boom and murder beats.
Speaker 4: Metro Boom for sure, been on metros still. Fourteen man salute and everything he built. Pull it up.
Speaker 5: Wow, oh ship, I'm in the whole nother fucking You're You're in somebody else's quick time.
Speaker 3: Yeah else the A s R or the NPC two thousand.
Speaker 4: MPC hands down, man, that's that was my That was my secret weapon. I just got the A SR last summer, so I've been working with it lately. I've been making some dope ship, but like the NPC my walking weapon of choice, I still plugged the A s R up to the NPC.
Speaker 3: What was your first machine that you used?
Speaker 4: My first beat machine, I had got the Core E S one. My pots that grabbed me the Core ears one, and that's how I taught myself how to make beats, and then I used to have that plugged up to like a cashio keyboard. Then one of the homies in my and my my group here that he had bought a Triting for like a thousand dollars, you know what I'm saying. And then he got the writing and then I was plugging that up with the with the with the core years one. And then I got the multi travelcorder. So that was before pro tools and all that shit, you know what I'm saying there, Yeah, and then boring I got my mini studio. The next thing, you know, I go buy myself to NPC, you know what I'm saying. And then my mom helped me get like like these keyboard wrecks, you know what I'm saying. Like she'll she'll she'll get the credit card and then I'll pay on it, like you know what I'm saying. So like it was like some ship like that, and shout out to my mom like she man, hey, she was letting everybody come through the house. The music was loud, you know what I'm saying. She she was there through the whole process. Man. So that's why, like mom cast for anything, I don't carry like you know what I'm saying, Like she she got it, like she was always believing. You know what I'm saying, I'm out on school nights. You know what I'm saying in high school like she didn't. She wasn't saying it was okay, but like she she could have killed me. You know what I'm saying, like for real, because I kept bucking, you know what I'm saying. And I just knew I wanted to get that music out. So yeah, shout out to mom, shout.
Speaker 3: The mom to change of t I got nothing to do with this.
Speaker 4: See y'all doing like this ship that's them. That's it. It's like a mixed thing. It's like inspiration or like you know what I'm saying, where you want to go?
Speaker 3: And I got shot? I got the shot.
Speaker 4: We got the shot. Manleu Atlanta man, you know what I'm saying, continue.
Speaker 3: To be great, so Lou Atlanta man, be honest. Atlanta helped me down. To Atlanta helps.
Speaker 4: When they both for my new album.
Speaker 3: You know, Atlanta helped me down. Thank you all man, man, every I love Atlanta. Man funk that. I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: I held back a long time. Why did you help back from yourself? He was here, man, I was hating a little shout out to.
Speaker 4: Talk to the real niggas from New York. Man like, welcome man, anything, you.
Speaker 3: Know what.
Speaker 5: The hell you down Miami, help me the walls, help me downs.
Speaker 4: Help me top Man. Just fighting it, man, damn but fighting it.
Speaker 3: He just said that I'm fighting it.
Speaker 4: It was my favorite rapper. Like since I'm serious, you know what I'm saying. And then like I've been working with two Changes since he was titty boy, Like, you know what I'm saying, Like I used to, I used to grind, I used to I know him since he was titty boy. Yeah, I used to drive all the way from the staying that, you know what I'm saying, all the way down there to two chains and old neck. Man, I might run out of gas on that drive, you know what I'm saying. But he wanted to go to the studio at eleven pm, twelve am. I've been there all night with Change man, Like we're just banging out different sounds and yeah, man, like I remember when he thought everybody was leaping on him and we all knew, like, man, this nigga about to be the biggest, one of the biggest, for.
Speaker 3: I knew it too. That's what you called him.
Speaker 4: If you if you heard, if you, if you heard that man you weren't thinking that man you were hating he could fit man for rell you were hating? Was that nigga? Real hip hop artist? Man? Yeah? For two change?
Speaker 3: What's that nigga to h R shoty Red or drummer boy?
Speaker 4: M hm produce the ship? Well, I got nothing to do with this. Shout out, shout out the Memphis damn. They got nothing to do it. Go ahead them just a little man just drinking. There were engine definitely feel to the engine man.
Speaker 3: All right, and I'm taking a whole shots like I'm doing. I'm gonnaunted kicking right now.
Speaker 1: Because you know why why, I'm gonna be honest with you A lot of us. I wanted Mike Will here.
Speaker 4: For years.
Speaker 3: I wanted Mike Will to get his flowers.
Speaker 1: Mike Will's a person that deserves what's going on right now. You are a legend of a legend, you are icon, your icon, and me ef n a whole establishment drink champs.
Speaker 3: We wanted to give you a flopers.
Speaker 1: I don't I don't mind being as saucy as I'm being saucy today because it's it's for you, brother, and you know what me and him are in s's it called whatever ye because you know why, Nah, you you really deserve your flowers. You really we want you to know that what you did to the game is so beautiful. You're going to continue to give you your flowers.
Speaker 4: No, I appy sure, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Okay, continue, Yeah, were still we were almost. Yeah, We're still were still almost. We're still in a bit logic and pro tools on purchas.
Speaker 4: I don't know how to use logic.
Speaker 3: Juicy Jay Wi Kalisa.
Speaker 4: Damn, it's another thing.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 4: We're going to toss up to that one too. Man. You know what I'm saying, Well, man, my two stoner buddies. Man, my brother's right there. Man, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: You can just over your simple You don't shout.
Speaker 4: Out to Juicy j Man for being a blueprint, man for being an inspiration, and and and the run that we went on with so legendary. I went on the run with both of them. Guys.
Speaker 3: Man up, DJ Premiere, Pete Rock. This is very even question, but I don't I would like to see what you're how you're gonna answer.
Speaker 4: I probably say Premiere that was hard.
Speaker 3: I thought he was going to answer, that's hard, trick Daddy Rick Ross.
Speaker 4: Damn all right, mam, have.
Speaker 3: You worked with Trick?
Speaker 4: I ain't ever worked with Trick?
Speaker 5: Oh man, I could hear you guys, that would be Come on, man, Ross joins you to this crazy trick raising nigga, You and Trick would be crazy trick.
Speaker 4: Too, hard man, real legend man bron like. See, y'all got me fucked up on this game because I'm a I'm an indecisive nigga. I'm already indecisive.
Speaker 3: It's all good, that's what for.
Speaker 4: And when I smoke makes it even worse. Man, they were all smoking. Go to the mall, man, he's look a shift.
Speaker 3: Can we connect you and Trick man and make something happen? Miley Cyrus Champs? Yeah, we drink Champs compilation. Right, Just let them let them work together. Man, let's circle back after the Yeah, Miley Cyrus and Katy Perry.
Speaker 4: I am gotta go. Miley Cyrus, how did you connect? Man? Through r c A. Shout out to Peter Edge, shout out to everybody at r c A. It was crazy. I had just signed my I had just signed my published adventure. So that was my first adventure. Like you know what I'm saying, Like a lot of people just think I just make beat. So like like I'm an executive too, you know what I'm saying. So it's like I never even signed a part deal or anything like that until they would give me adventure and I can sign all the guys that was a part of my team, you know what I'm saying, because those guys that already we had already.
Speaker 3: Sorry starting to coach, but can you explain what that venture is? Like what does that mean for people that don't understand?
Speaker 4: Okay, So ear Drummers was was an idea that I had when I was you know what I'm saying, in two thousand and six, two thousand and seven. Then I created the AOC made it a real production company. It was just me and then you know what I'm saying. Then I had my brother SCHOOLI. Then I had my brother A plus I was going to high school with you know what I'm saying, Dan Boom, Like we're creating our sound. And then next thing you know, I'm meet I mean my brother p Nasty through a mutual and you know what I'm saying, he got he know, Mars Like you know what I'm saying that Mars no jabo. And I was like, man, I was like, man, we hurdled up. I got like a vision where it's like, man, hey, look, we're gonna build like a big production company and we're gonna, like you know what I'm saying, We're gonna like take over the game and we're gonna like just spread our sound like through all type because because I was looking at it, like I had like a bunch of songs out in the street with Gucci and Juice Man and all type of artists in Atlanta. But I was like, man, what's the difference between me and like a like a Kanye West, like a Doctor Dre or like a you know what I'm saying, Little John, or like a Quincy Jones or like you know what I'm saying anything like that. And it was like, man, these guys got production teams, like you know what I'm saying. Like, and so I was like, man, I got to build a solid team. So everybody I was on the team like man, we're going through it like with a super fine tooth comb, like where it's like man, everybody gotta be we gotta be like minded. If we're not like minded, we're not gonna be able to do nothing, you know what I'm saying. So now out of linked over these like minded brothers right here, and we were on a mission. Like you know what I'm saying. We already got our goals what we want to do. We want to get a song on the radio, we want to get a label deal, we want to get an album placement. You know what I'm saying. We want to be able to have money, take care of our lives. And you know what I'm saying. We had simple goals, you know what I'm saying, and then we just locked in. We're just on it every single day. So and during that time, during yeah, during that time, it's like like like I already have my tag and I'm already working with Gucci and different artists and stuff like that. And then we had the ear Drummer tag, you know what I'm saying, And like these guys were more like were like chill, like they ain't really had no tasks at the time, Like we were trying to figure out what the tags were gonna be and everything like that. So it's like, you know what I'm saying, Like okay Boom, Mike, we made the ear drummers. People don't know like, okay man he was working with He worked with Mars on that one. He worked with Pee on that one, he worked with Spoody on that one, he worked with Plus on that one. He worked with jaybo on that one. And let's say read the credits, you know what I'm saying. But even when the companies didn't though, and they were just hear Mike will do like word them mouth, these folks coming at me were like beat like money I never even imagined I could get right And at this time I'm broke. I got three songs on the charts. I got No Light, Turn on the Lights and Mercy and Band's Maca Dance, you know what I'm saying, Like all them on the line, I mean, all them on the charts. But at the same time we were broke, like we weren't getting no money from like like like the publishing or whatever, like all that kind of stuff, cause we didn't have our business in order, you know what I'm saying, Like we're getting it out the dirt. So it's like like even when these companies is coming at me and saying like man, we want to give you all this money right here. It's like, nah, I gotta because I was I was going to Georgia State. You know what I'm saying. I went to Georgia State for a couple of years and I learned the music business, you know what I'm saying. And then I understood, like, Okay, I can go to these companies and tell them what kind of business I want to do with them, you know what I'm saying. So I want to do a joint venture. You know what I'm saying. I'm not going to go to you and talk about doing the joint venture without already the venture venturing, you know what I'm saying. And so now I'm coming to you talking about like I want to do a joint venture. But like you know what I'm saying, my guys got placements too. Me and my guys got placements too, you know what I'm saying. And we got you know what I'm saying, We got underground placement, who got radio placement, got olumplacement. Were just out here working. This is without any you know what I'm saying, any like entries to the room or like a like any kind of people ushering, no ushering, it's just like us just working hard. So Boom, so we had it. So certain companies like, hey, man, we only want to sign you. You know what I'm saying. The certain companies like, man, if we give you adventure, we're only gonna give you this all right, I'm gonna just hold out. We're just gonna stay broke, you know what I'm saying until y'all come all the way right. You know what I'm saying, Because if we do somewhere anybody, we need to have like we're doing something with y'all to have financial freedom, you know what I'm saying. So then we can lock in and do what we do best, like you feel me. So that's what we're trying to do. So boom shout out to Big John. He was leaving I and my and then he was going to Wanner and he told me when he was when he was making that move, he was like, hey, bro, I don't do nothing but nobody like you know what I'm saying. I know everybody call you, but man, I want to. I want to. I want to you know what I'm saying. I want to get get it right with you know what I'm saying. And it was, and it was other other executives that really believed in me, like even with Ethiopia, like she connected me with my manager DJ, which is Jimmy Elban's nephew, because Ethiopia met me and knew I ain't had no manager.
Speaker 3: D Jimmy el Bean's nephew, nephew.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah, So Ethiopia, she she knew, like, okay, man, this young dude got the division and he got his stuff going and he got business by this, so he just need a manager. And then she told DJ, like, man, you should go to Atlanta and meet with this kid Mike Will. Like, man, he not signing nobody or nothing, but he making a lot of noise and he's smart, and it's like I like what he I liked what he building. And then DJ was already known for managing like Polo, you know what I'm saying, boy, wonder hit boy, you know what I'm saying, Different people like that. So it's like at the end of the day, it's like he was already like a like a manager for producers and everything. So DJ flied to Atlanta and then we chopped it up and then I just told him like, hey, look all these companies coming at me right now, Everybody talking to me about management, all this kind of shit. I'm trying to see who's the first person who's gonna go give me this joint venture that I'm talking about. So me and my boys ain't got worried about no money and we could just focus on just like locking in on the and we get access to them because we got hits from from Gucci Man to Disney, like you don't matter who you put us in with you you know what I'm saying. We got it, like you know what I'm saying. And this before we had anything on the radio. So DJ was like, all right, shit, I'm gonna get it done, like you know what I'm saying. So he started working on getting it done. But then Big John saw how long I was holding out on it, to the point where Big John was like, man, I bro, when I made this move, this is the first move I'm finna do. Bro. I see what I see how you keep building it, you know what I'm saying. And then next thing you know, him and Ryan Press flew me out to La you know what I'm saying, and they wouldn't let me lead till we got the deal. Done. I was just I was just negotiating. I was negotiating. I don't even know what. Yeah, I ain't know what it was. Necessarily I'm negotiating it. But they wanted to do it. They're like, man, I bro, look we believe in you. So whatever you're doing. So they bless me and bless my guys and then started putting this like in writing camps, and so they set up a meeting. They were set up for meeting with me in New York with all the labels. This is my first time in New York in the winter time. I go up there and try to treat it like Atlanta, like with the thumbs in like a jogging suit. Like I'm thinking I'm in Atlanta.
Speaker 3: But I learned so many shorts out there, so I understand you.
Speaker 4: Man, that ship humble me. Man, that ship was like the wind was cutting through my bones. So I had this. I had this last meeting. It was when the sun was down. There was too cold outside. So Ryan Press was like, man, we got one more meeting with RCA. I'm like, nah, bro, I'm not going back outside, and he was like, man, you gotta go to this one. Like the whole staff is there and like they kept the staff overtime, like you know what I'm saying, Like this is just will be a good one. Like I'm like, bro, it's too cold, bro, like you know what I'm saying. My manager had to call DJ. He like, man, bro, this is just this will be a good this is a bit. So I'm like, man, Okay, there's people who I'm newly in business with. I can't just be stubborn, like you know what I'm saying, and I'm up here in New York or fuck it, like you know what I'm saying. Boom, go getting there, Go get in the car. Boom. We go to the motherfucking We go to the motherfucking meeting and then they showed me a bunch of artists and then I played and we can't Stop. And it's crazy because I had just told my manager like two weeks before, like man, I was trying to get that song to Miley Cyrus. I'm like, man, this song remind me of like Party in the USA, and so boom, we had that meeting with RCA. They heard we Can't Stop and they're like, yo, this would be good for Miley Cyrus. And I was like, man, I'll be perfect, Like because I ain't know what artists was signed where, so I ain't know Miley Cyrus was signed over there. So they were like, man, this would be good for one. I'm like, hey, I'll be perfect. So Boom gave them the song you know what I'm saying. They played it for her. She heard it. She was like, man, damn, this remind me of like a party I went to, like, it just sounds fun, like you know what I'm saying. So she was trying to cut that one, you know what I'm saying, And then we got in the sitdio. We cut that one and we did twenty three. Yeah real, thank you for bringing that full. Yeah, we've been on track.
Speaker 3: You brought it back.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, I was just I was just let y'all know the whole thing. Can you said, let them know about the the v y'all told me, y'all, y'all asked me about two.
Speaker 3: You brought it back because I was with the ventures still three more were good. We're good.
Speaker 4: Three more all right? And by the way, man, I don't want to keep elaborating on this, but it's like Mighty didn't want to rap that night, you know, what I'm saying. She didn't want to write. She didn't want to She didn't come in there and say, hey, I want to make a rap song like it was we Can't Start, We Can't Stop as a singing record. To her, that just sounded fun, Like you know what I'm saying, that that record just sound fun. But like and in my mind as a producer, like you know, we producers, we see like these pictures and we see like these bigger pictures and we're trying to we're trying to push towards something. So during that time, I was trying, we were trying to like me and my start, we were trying to do something like like trap pop, like some trap pop kind of vibes, Like we're trying to push the trap sound as pop as possible and see how far we could push it. Because at the end of the day, anybody like my age younger, like we all grew up on MTV, v H one, you know what I'm saying, We all grew up on Nori Yeager, you know what I'm saying. Like, but but at the end of the day, no so real ship shout out to Miley. She believed in the vision, like she didn't. She didn't look at it. She didn't look at it in no kind of way like, oh, he's not big enough for he's not small enough. Like she already doing what she was doing. She ain't have to do, she ain't have to try ship. She already told me, Like, man, I don't I don't want she said, I don't want to rap because I don't want people to I don't want to compute my fans. I don't want them to think that I'm trying to like this way. I'm like, there could be yeah, but I'm like, man, but look, I already got this verse from Juicy J and wiz Man. I already had to I'm like, I already got a verse written from Tran, I got this hook written from Tron, one of the greatest songwriters of all time. Salute the Tron rock City. You know what I'm saying, And I'm like, man, I sit in here with you. We can go line for line till we get it right. But I feel like this would be so hard. If you do this, man, like it, it'll be game changing. Like you know what I'm saying, It'll be like when like Britney Spears did, like any kind of different record than when Justin Timberlate came with like sexy back like man like this this is this will like break the mold, you know what I'm saying. So yeah, world up man. So that that was then introduction to trap pop, that ship global, you know what I'm saying. So shout out to slip rip man for real for you know what I'm saying. Like I'm just saying, getting paid.
Speaker 3: Off the record.
Speaker 4: Yeah that's right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, all right, Zetoven or Sunny Digital.
Speaker 4: I am. We gotta toest man. You gotta take a toe my big brother and my little brother, man, you know what I'm saying, love them both.
Speaker 3: All right south side of lex Luga.
Speaker 4: Mine, we're gonna go on that one man, We're gonna go Sizzle Man. Shout out to Sizzle. You know what I'm saying. That's the first. That's the first other young nigga I seen come on the on the scene like right after me. Like I remember when walking met him. You know what I'm saying, I remember when walking back Lex Luga too. I really got a toast to it. I just don't want to get y'all too drunk, you know what I'm saying. But yeah, yeah, we really got a toast to that. You know what I'm saying, Cause I remember I remember when Walking met both of them. So like after after me and Walker was moving around and and and we're doing everything like with Gucci, cause that's when Gucci started doing like no Paying, No Pencil Traple Harll is like a lot of that mixtape. So and like you know what I'm saying, he was just like going crazy and just freestyling on my tracks. And at this point, like man, he's saying walk and flock and flying. He's saying Mike Will made it like he's saying, like you're fucking with us, you know what I'm saying. So it's like, hey, man, we could do something bigger than like being these little young dudes. Say you know what I'm saying, keep getting into like the fights in the club and all this kind of shit, Like man, Gucci Man really going rock star status, bro, Like you know what I'm saying, We can really take this ship on somewhere. So it's like I'm telling Walker, like, bro, you need a rap, you know what I'm saying. He like, man, everybody keep telling me that, bro, Like man, I ain't fit the ramp like, man, I ain't with all that whoo. So one day he called me, He's like, bro, I did my first rap song. Bro like ooh yeah. I'm like, I'm like for real. And then he like he like, man, I'm like, let me hear. You're like, man, you gotta hear this ship. Bro, you gotta hear this ship. So he playing me that we on the way and I'm hearing that. I'm like, I'm like, I'm like damn. I'm like, bro, you really just snapped. Bro. He was like, hey, Bro, I'm like, who the hell made that beat? And he was like he was like, Bro, it's this. Your nigga ain't south Side, but I just make this young nigga Broke. He mind me up, Broke here mind me and you. When I first met you, Bro like, Bro, I'm telling you, bro, he gonna heat. Hey, I need to I need to introduce y'all to each other. You know what I'm saying, y'all niggas together.
Speaker 3: Bro knows the same people.
Speaker 4: South Side started eight away in my Yeah, yeah, you know what I'm saying. He was like, man, he was like, man, when I introduced y'all, Bro, Like, Bro, that shit gonna be like game changing, bro Like and then you know what I'm saying, he had linked me and me in south Side up and then Boom, me in south Side were like we always were rocking, you know what I'm saying. And it was crazy because his mom was trying to put me south Side and Alex Luger in the group. You know what I'm saying. Like that that's how Dal had the vision, you know what I'm saying. But then like, yeah, they have had the vision. Dal was trying to put me south Side and Lex in the group. You know what I'm saying. That would have been super crazy. But that was around the time I started Ear Drummers, you know what I'm saying. So it was another executive that was running the production company for there, and so he everybody else just signed their contracts. Like with me, I already had a lawyer. I already had like family that was lawyers. You know what I'm saying. Boom, we like, you know what I'm saying. We looked over it and then I was just letting that executive know like, man, this isn't gonna work because I'm trying to start something called Ear Drummers, and I can't like turn my back on my guys, Like you know what I'm saying, but I feel like I need to do this. I feel like I need to do this too, like you know what I'm saying, because like, like you know what I'm saying, goos Walker, everybody embraced me, you know what I'm saying, So I want to get it right, but I want to do it like this, and like that dude kind of like just he didn't really know me. We ain't have we didn't really have a relationship, like I have more relationship like walking there, you know what I'm saying. So he kind of like just shrugged me off, you know what I'm saying. And then at that point it was like that's when I want to meet, like like to change in future, you know what I'm saying. But Dare she always been a real anti real family to me, Like you know what I'm saying. Her brother Joe is like my man, one of my closest mentors. Like we talk every single day, you know what I'm saying, since by since two thousand and seven, Like you know what I'm saying, And like, man, they whole family, Like you know what I'm saying, and braced me. So it's like it's deeper than rap, like you know what I'm saying with them or whatnot.
Speaker 3: So let me let me ask you lord to you or respect?
Speaker 4: Respect? Whys out there?
Speaker 2: Bro?
Speaker 4: I don't have the exact way of answering this, but gyaltier respect. I probably say respect because it's like I don't know how to break it down. As long as as long as as long as long as you respect me. It's like it's some kind of loyalty that there, Like, you know what I'm saying, respect that you feel me like, as long as you respect me, it gotta be some type of loyalty there because you're not you're not crossing the line of disrespect, you know what I'm saying. And I don't know, like everybody gonna have their own definitions of loyalty, you know what I'm saying. But but respect and respect, I don't really have a correct way of answering that. But that's that's what I would say. Yeah, all right, so.
Speaker 3: Now take a shot.
Speaker 4: I forgot that that was that same game. I thought this was me just throwing something out there. That's the same game that came.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we always say both the white, we say both, Okay.
Speaker 4: My bad, ive been, my bad. I've been I've been drinking and smoking. I thought we were on to the other but the other game, Yeah, definitely take a shot to that one.
Speaker 3: This is what we'd like to ask you. I'm humble, how did this happen?
Speaker 4: So humble? You know what I'm saying. Shout out to Kendrick Man. He had reshot to me and and told me, like man, he was about to start a new project. So boom, he comes comes to the studio, spends a whole but my matter of fact, comes to my crib in La, spends them the whole compound. I had a compound, then I had a crib by La, and he came over there and then he was just listening to beats down there all day. Took a bunch of beats and then he started like he started like sending me like different videos and he was just like man, showing me like different snippers of Humble, different snippers of DNA. And then so I was like, man, Dawn, this ship hard. Like man, when you get to La, I'm like, man, be out there on such and such day, So boom, when I get out there, I call him come to the studio boone. He played me Humble, and he played me DNA, and he played me x x six And I'm like, man, my mom was just blown on all three of them because that shit was like fireworks. It's like they are three different directions, but it's like bright as a motherfucker. So it's like he played me those three and then Humble, Humble was one of them. You know what I'm saying, Like I made that beat. It was crazy. I had made that beat with my brother Plus. I had pulled up on him at this studio like around our way, like round and like the Mary of the area, you know what I'm saying. He Plus was already over there and I was just around that area. So so boom, I heard Plus was in there. So I pulled up to a studio, went in the studio, and then boom, he was in there making beats. I finished this one beat that he started on and then he said he about to go outside smoking cigarette or whatever, but he was taking a car, so boom, I literally I literally started Humble cooked her Humble. He come in the room. You know what I'm saying, He like, damn, but he just made this right now, I'm like, man, hey, yeah, bro, this shit going crazy, like you know what I'm saying. And I knew like Gucci was on his way home, so I was trying to make something like I was just trying to get a whole pack that was just urgent for Gucci, Like you know what I'm saying, Like because he was his he was on his way home, so like to me, that beat was just urgent. So Plus came in there here like, man, it's hard, I'm about to bounce this. I'm like, hell, no, bro, you go, you gotta ask someone there. So he put the final touches on that joint. And this is my brother from eleventh grade. You know what I'm saying. This is what I did. This is what I did formation with this? What did love me with this? What I did like a lot of classics with like he's an animal man, shout out to Plus. You know what I'm saying. But yeah, he had he added the final touches on that joint. And then I remember like me and Gucci ended up doing first day out of fat and then after first day out of the fast, like Gucci just wanted straight, straight like dark beats. He didn't want nothing else that sounded like urgent on the radio, So he like he might have heard a beat for Humble like once or twice, but joint, it could have it could have been you know what I'm saying. But you know, like producers, we always got like a vision on who we want to make the beat for. Like when I made easter Land and six for Gucci back in the day, I was thinking, like, I'm making a beat for dip set, you know what I'm saying, And it's like, you know what I'm saying. But then when Gucci was doing like in freestyle tapes, it's like I played that beat and then he just went in and snapped on that motherfucker and it's like, man, this was this was like a hook. This is my first joint. That's how I jumped off the porch and this is a hood classic still to this day. You know what I'm saying. Nineteen years later, you feel me up, I got a producer. You might have a vision. But I say all that to say, you might have a vision as a producer, like I'm making a beat for this person, but it might not be for that person, Like you know what I'm saying, And sometimes it is for that person. But but like that right there, Gucci already knew like, man, I got first day out of the fast all right, boom, I want to I want to do all different beats like this and me and they token started collabing and then we did everybody looking in at that project came out dope and then Dog was asking me for beats and I just felt like that beat was always urgent, you know what I'm saying. But to me also, I felt like that beat was like, damn, this is like this guy like some West Coast vibe to it. It sounded like some West Coast like you know what I'm saying, d boys ship, But you know what I'm saying, But it got like the trap vibe to it perfect. I'm like, man, Kendrick are going crazy on this ship and he got the vision fit perfectly. Went dumb. You know what I'm saying, shout out the humble. I should want that, I should want to post him.
Speaker 3: And you said that you a school boy, surprised connected you with Kendrick? Right, how did y'all you and school with Q connect? Originally?
Speaker 4: Originally that was through Brock.
Speaker 3: And it seems like it's early TD.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was through Brock and Matt. You know what I'm saying. They shot they connected me with Q and and Dave three, and I was just sitting like brocking Matt like a bunch of beats. And then my hating joint ended up being one of the joints of school Boy QT Pit and then they send it back and I'm like, man, this dude hard as a motherfucker. Project ended up dropping, And at that time, me and Q used to just stay chopping it up. N whenever he came to Atlanta, Like you know what I'm saying with Lincoln go to some of the shows and different shit like that, and we just kept a lot there like that, like TD, that's family. And it's crazy before I even came around, Like I think like DJ had something to do with helping, Like no, no, DJ, Yeah, my manager DJ, he had something to do with like like even with TD coming in, like you know what I'm saying with in the scope, So it's like this was always family. It was always like one degree separation with Damn. They're always working at the same studios and all that shit. But like I'm happy, I'm happy, humble with landed, where landed I'm happy. First day out of the fairs landed, word landed. And it's like that's just how things end up working their stuff out.
Speaker 3: They went to the right places.
Speaker 4: Man, pull it up? Mm hmm, how did that happen? Poor it up?
Speaker 12: Man?
Speaker 4: That was a dope session, man, like that was that was really that was Rihanna Wright in camp and I was locked in with Tryan and p Nasty and Mars and and then it was like, man, we worked on a lot of different songs we worked on. We actually worked on we Can't Stop, and like some more songs during like during like like around that time, like just in the in the vein of like man, we're gonna we're gonna do something for like Rihanna or like just a pop star you feel me and and Rihanna had been working on the album for a minute and so they were bands to Make a Dance was hot at the time. So they were telling me like, man, yeah, yeah, So they were just telling me, like, man, if Rihanna get a female version of this song, man, like she need like a song like this out of just like because Bands of Maker Dance was like blue hot, like it was just like everywhere, like everybody like, man, it's still like, it's still so many remixes that I want to hear that I never heard that I heard about, you know what I'm saying for bands of Macca dance or so anyway I had. I had this one beat and I remember this specific beat because I tried to give it to Walker and Walker was like, man, Bro, you're trying to make me do a whole other bands to make her dance. Brother, it beat something like bands make a dance, you know what I'm saying. I remember he said that, and I was just like, it's a different beat, but it's like, so what, Bro, It's a vibe like you know what I'm saying, Like Niggas was doing that with Little Giant, but this is my brother, just this Walker, So you're like, bro, give me some whole new ship, like you know what I'm saying. So when he said that, it stood out to me. And then when they kept asking, like man, we want the female version of bands to make her dance, It's like I literally played that same beat for Taran. Taran just walked it down quick.
Speaker 3: And then.
Speaker 4: Chris Brown, he had pulled up to the studio. You know what I'm saying, and like he was listening to a bunch of different records and he ended up coming in the room.
Speaker 3: Fantastic thing.
Speaker 4: He ended up. He ended up coming in the room and then boom he heard he heard like a few different records, but he heard pour it Up. And he was like, man, yo, man, did we hear this one? And I was like, I'm like nah. And then he was like here like man, but we got it here this one like you know what I'm saying. Like and then and then boom so and I was like, man, ship, bro, you know what I'm saying. I'll be hard like and the next thing, I know, like you know what I'm saying. He was like, man, what's this record that Chris is talking about? Pull it up? You know what I'm saying. And she she asked Omar that, and then Omar had hit me. I was like, man, yo, she asked me about pour it Up? So Boom sent them send the pour it up. She heard it. She was like, oh yeah, no, no, this is is fun. Like this is just dope. You know what I'm saying. She man, she took that ship like like out of here. She sounded amazing on that joint. I Remember when I first heard that joint, I was like, man, yo, this should is this should is out of here. It was nothing like that ever before, Like when it came out, that was like some trap pop type ship like.
Speaker 3: That for real.
Speaker 4: Bands and make a dance with some trap pop.
Speaker 5: Your your teenage version of yourself is probably to be a producer. Who were your top five inspirational producers at that.
Speaker 4: Time in your life teenage? Definitely Hypnotide Mind, Juicy J and DJ Paul, you know what I'm saying. Definitely Organized Noise, Definitely Many Fresh, definitely for real and and Timberland, you know what I'm saying. And Doctor Dray too though you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 12: For real?
Speaker 3: Yeah, And where are you on? Like how much do you sample? Actually sample? Like how much is that a part of your repertoire?
Speaker 4: Like I don't see me. I'm like an open I'm like an open like mind when I when it comes to creativity, like I look at making beats and making songs, like cooking or like you know what I'm saying, playing golf, It's like it's just art, it's just layers. So like when when it comes to like sampling, like if it's a simple like I gotta I gotta record with Savage on my on my album. You know what I'm saying. I got that that sample from you know what I'm saying, Like I gut to I collaborate with you know what I'm saying. And when I when I heard the sample, I was just like, oh yeah, this ship hard. Immediately laid drums on that motherfucker, you know what I'm saying. And so that was just organic like that. But then it's like I got another song where you know what I'm saying, I might have like a Viner out and I might just be like just like scratching something like into the song and like it might go with the rhythm or even like DNA on when I when I said for Ray James, give me some Ganja, I ain't know that was Ray James give me some ganja. Like that beat was just going so hard, and I was like I was waiting on my boy plus to pull up with the weed too, you know what I'm saying. So when I hit that separa just right on point, they were like, give me some ganja, give me some gud give me give me some gundry. You know what I'm saying, give me, give me me, and then Kendrick was just over there like going crazy and the speakers were so loud, but Kendrick was going so crazy, all like, bro, I ain't gonna lie that ship kind of hard, like how you like with how you rapping, Cause it's kind of like give me some Ganja kind of like it's like give me some more bars. It's like they kind of go with it, and like that was an accident. You know what I'm saying. That was an accident and we ended up I ended up clicking that joint in there.
Speaker 3: Is sampling your go to first thing?
Speaker 4: Or is it like I'm with I'm with whatever, man, not really, you know what I'm saying, But I'm with whatever I say. I say drums are my first thing, but I just like making something different, So rock a fucking sample up or if there's some shit I never heard before or some shit that's inspiring, you could do it. Yeah, like that shit is fun, Like you know what I'm saying, Definitely depending on who I'm in the studio with. You know what I'm saying with the squad, Like everybody think it's different. So it's just like, man, we're just trying to make something sound as different and out of box and unique as possible.
Speaker 3: So, however, like you use any tool in the toolbox.
Speaker 4: Exactly, for sure, I want to learn how to use AI.
Speaker 3: Oh so, how what's your take on Tim and what he's trying.
Speaker 4: To do with AI? What's Tim doing?
Speaker 3: Uh? Basically, isn't he got AI artists? Right? That's what he's trying to do. And he got backlash for it.
Speaker 4: I believe, what is it? Right?
Speaker 3: But it's an ar artist.
Speaker 2: And then and basically his whole thing was that, And I don't you know, I'm not quoting him forbade him, but he was just basically saying, look, I got ideas that maybe artists I work with don't have the same ideas, and I want to be able to put these ideas out and so aireartists, well, you know, allow him to do these things.
Speaker 4: Yeah, to me, I look at I look at I don't have nothing against like AI at all. Like I look at AI like a new tool. Like if you're creative, you know what I'm saying. It's like a new tool. So it's like like I was telling somebody the other day that I had just said in this interview that I remember I had went to my first hip hop concert with Bone Thirst and Harmony and like I was like, yeah, I was like six seven years old and my pops took me. And then when we left, my pops was like, man, you know what, man, music is done. I'm like, man, what do you mean? And then he was like he was like, man, it was no instruments on the stage because he was used to going to like Ohio Players, you know what I'm saying, Earth Winning Fire, like all those different bands, so he like it was no instruments on stage. He was like, it was just a DJ out there but turntables, dudes just yelling in a microphone like it's done. But like that same type of music and that culture, that hip hop culture right there, It's like I was able to move mountains with it, like you know what I'm saying. So it's like with AI, just at the same time where everybody's saying like shit is dry, shit has done, and shit sound the same, or this and that, this and that, and then it's like, oh they're doing AI. I still haven't heard the song or I haven't met anybody who's heard the song. And it's like hey bro, you got to hit this new AI shit like you know what I'm saying. No, But like even but a person can't wait to tell you, like, man, hey bro, you know this AI, right? They can't. They can't, you know what I'm saying. They're like, you can you condamn there?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: You can damn there here like when it's AI. So you gotta utilize it like a tool. If you can't get a big choir, utilize it like that. Or if you can't get this so you can't get that, you gotta utilize it like that. But but that's like that's like if you get like a keyboard and you just go get the stock beats. Nobody goes to the keyboard and gets the stock beats. They use a keyboard and make beats. Like you know what I'm saying, Nobody expects to use the stock beats. So when you go to like these AI platforms, they showing you what it can do, you know what I'm saying. But that's just showing you what it could do. Now you got to utilize the motherfucker like a keyboard or whatever. And you gotta utilize it like a tool and and and expand the sound you know what I'm saying, But you know, a certain certain people of creativity level just hit right here, you know what I'm saying. It's all about.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: I mean, I think I think there's there's pros and concert because there's definitely I saw something.
Speaker 3: I don't know how accurate this report is.
Speaker 5: They said that some of the top music that was playing on Spotify was all AI generated groups.
Speaker 4: And and but at the same time, like right now, you know, at the same time, if somebody wasn't a student of the game, or wasn't like like a student of music, or wasn't a creator or like hasn't created any type of music, it's gonna be hard for them to pull up one of these AI you know what I'm saying platforms or whatever, or the apps or whatever and and make a song.
Speaker 3: They already have to have it in them.
Speaker 4: It got to somewhere, It got to come from somewhere. So it's like like you got to even know like, oh man, let me mix this with that. And you know what I'm saying, it's just like cooking. You can go in the kitchen with a whole bunch of season and the sauces and protein and whatever. You know what I'm saying. You can fuck the shit up, you can burn it, you can do whatever it is, like you know what I'm saying, or not cook it all the way, right, you can get sick and all that shit, or you can we got we got a cookoff. We can use the same season or whatever, and we can make two totally different dishes, like you know what I'm saying. So it's like, it's all about how you use that shit, you know what I'm saying. And if somebody uses the AI shit and it's cheesy, they will probably go in the studio make a cheesy joint too.
Speaker 3: But the argument could be made.
Speaker 5: You know, these tech companies are kind of like the new record labels, right, We kind of could say that the tech companies they're kind of like the new record labels in a sense. The streaming platforms, the social media music is being promoted a lot.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but it's different because the music. I just say it's different because those a more retail and like, you know what I'm saying, record labels are more distribution.
Speaker 5: Right, right, but they distribute now through DSPs exactly retail, right, But it's not like old school where you had to go physically, and they're still using tech, is what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: The texts are now the gatekeeper the distribution.
Speaker 5: So my thing is that my worry is that just like the idea that maybe record labels at some point started dumbing down music to a degree to make it easier for them to reproduce it and.
Speaker 3: Make money off of it.
Speaker 5: And I have to deal with talent, real talent, you know what I'm saying, Maybe this happens in AI like these DSPs, these tech companies eventually start phasing out. Like of course you're never going to be replaced, but it's I'm talking about the generation under you and the generation under that. If they started getting desensitized to real music, then AI becomes a problem.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's all about I feel like when they're kind of like being able to produce and like being able to create music. Man, all about how good of a student you were, you know what I'm saying, Like the best artists, the best producers, the best everything, they were a student of something of the music, you know what I'm saying. So it's like and then it's all about your your creativity level and how you collaborate. The best song is the best collaboration, you know what I'm saying. So at the end of the day, it's like I don't I don't see AI. Like I said, if once I hear that song, that's like I ain't gonna lie this. I can't go without hearing this song, Like you know what I'm saying. For the most part, it's still like artists that people are connecting to. Sometimes it might be songs. It's just you know what I'm saying, that's just playing and somebody might have created something that's easy on the ears and putting the right marketing dollars behind it and pushing it a certain type of way that you know what I'm saying that, But you know, like that's cool. That's that's like their creation and that's what they push, and that's like it's gonna connect just like another song is gonna connect or like anything everything has. It's like like like its moments type shit, if that makes sense. And I just I just feel like the AI shit is like it's so broad that it's like it could be used as a tool or it could be used to make a whole song. And I don't think I don't think it's like US versus AI thing. I think it's like how do we utilize AI to make the biggest joint? And because you got the technology side, but then we're still real humans, Like we're still going outside, were still seeing shit, We're still hearing cars ride by, like you know what I'm saying, Like we still in the barbershops, We still like amongst people. So it's like you got that world just like just like you got the world where people sitting in the house with the gaggos all day and they be somewhere in the metaverse and all that kind of shit, Like you know what I'm saying, Like you got that world, and you got like like the real world, like is that ship playing in the in the cars and the clubs and the radio or is the people playing there or people talking about it? Did the impact culture like you know what I'm saying in any type of way, Like did anybody care that this joint came out? You know what I'm saying? And that's I think that's something that they're gonna have to figure out. It's like what's gonna be the presence with this AI person or this ar artist or whatever in the real.
Speaker 1: World questions about this song. What just give me one word DNA electrifying. We can't stop.
Speaker 4: I just said game change right, Uh, trend sting. Okay, they tell me that something won't gonna work really yeah, Well we can't because yeah, because at that time, pop radio was eighty m so it's at a certain tempo and we can't start was like this party. We can do what we want. And it's like, Bro, no matter what you do, Bro, you cannot slow down pop radio. It ain't gonna happen. Bro, They're not gonna let this sounds slow down pop radio. Like this is how it works. Ship changed the game.
Speaker 3: Oh I love this.
Speaker 4: Falling damn one word?
Speaker 3: Whatever you want to I'll accept whatever he said.
Speaker 4: Three words now, okay, all but falling that was I should like that, should like that should Damn there like a dream. Bro, I ain't gonna lie, you know what I'm saying, because like I gotta tell a little story, I'm falling. I'm gonna keep it brief, but y'all got to drinking. Don't keep you know what I'm saying. But like man, shout out to DJ. You know what I'm saying. Like he was a part of a lot of eminem projects, Like you know what I'm saying the whole time. Yeah, So that's what Falling with the follow was on that. So was on that as well. Are you're talking about Oh are you talking about are you talking about Falling.
Speaker 3: Little palk about Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, okay x x X and Little Pete? Okay, that one is.
Speaker 3: That one?
Speaker 4: Is that one's that one's like wavy, Yeah, wavy salute to both of them, you know what I'm saying, resting, peace of resting, piece of Little Pete. But I was that was that was so both of them are yeah, God bless yeah, man, resting piece of both of them. Man, Like that was that was just that was just wavy.
Speaker 3: This record is totally different.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Now Falling it was a unique situation, man, because Maconey I had gave that beat to Maconey, you know what I'm saying, So like like, let's he's good. I'm thinking of Maconey had wrote the joint. You know what I'm saying. He was already like what our with our production company, you know what I'm saying. He was part of that venture as well. Yeah, for sure, he part of that published adventure as well. Beat John He was one of my first signs, along with Race Trimmer you know what I'm saying, and yeah, so you know what I'm saying, so so boom, Like I had gave him that beat and and he had he had him and little people were already working on the project, so him a little Pete had did the song together you know what I'm saying, and it was already a dope song. Then Wiz Khalifa did a song on the same beat, you know what I'm saying, and it's like me and Wiz already had so much history, and then I was just trying to like figure out, like which one do I make another beat for? Both of the songs were like so good, you know what I'm saying, And and I thought Wiz was gonna end up using I thought he was gonna end up using that beat because he told me he was going to hold it. And and then that was the beat that Maconey and Pete ended up doing that song too. And then after that, after that, yeah, man, like that song was done. They had it on this project, and then I think like one of the music executives had let had let Xxx hit the record, like before he had passed and he heard it and was like, man, yo, yo, this is a this is a dope song like and he ended up doing a verse to it and then he ended up passing away. I never got a chance to meet xxx. I didn't even get a chance to meet him. And it's crazy. Man, my man, my man, Adam, my man, Adam Leber had had was just connect then that's right before he right before he passed away, you know what I'm saying. But man, man, it was so talented, Like I wish we could have you know what I'm saying. I wish we could have Like I know, we would have went crazy right up. Yeah, Florida, dude, for sure. Imagine like this this is my note.
Speaker 3: You know, like I thought you met, Yeah, I won't thought you'll met.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Man, I wish I wish we would have met. You know what I'm saying. I know we would have went crazy because he was another like young rock star that was like pushing it forward, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: And to me, that's what you you do, like you make rock stars. Brake shrim is a rock star like Swimming.
Speaker 3: It's not like they rockstar like to me, that's what you made.
Speaker 4: But see I wouldn't even I won't even take the credit of like like I get what you're saying. I appreciate that, but I wouldn't take the credit of like making them you know what I'm saying, Like I can I can identify with a rock star head, you know what I'm saying. It's like like it's like it's like if it's like if we never wore a sup before and then were walking time for it, they already know like, oh, yeah, I need to put him in this, and like I need to cut it like this, and he gonna like it like that, like you know what I'm saying. So it's like, yeah, that's like a tail that's like a tailor, you know what I'm saying. So it's like I could see a rock shot and be like, man, I ain't gonna lie. He just need to do this right here, and like, man, we're gonna end up, you know what I'm saying, doing some shit that's gonna change the game, Like you know what I'm saying, Like I knew what it was when I'm at Pluto, Like I knew what it was when I'm at Sway, Like I knew what it was when I'm at Macone, like I knew what it was when I'm at Like, I mean, Chief Keep was already you know what I'm saying, like kicking the door and making noise. You know what I'm saying. But that's my brother, Like you know what I'm.
Speaker 3: Saying, Like I love I love the fact that he was standing next to you.
Speaker 4: That's my brother right there. You know what I'm saying. Right up, you know what I'm saying. But now just knowing what it is sich for Ram, you know what I'm saying. Miley Cyrus is like you know what I'm saying. You just seeing like the rock start. Like I can't say I made Miley Cyrus, but it's like, you know what I'm saying. We already she already had a major fan base of handle Mon Tennis. Like man, we just gave her a new identity or something that you know what I'm saying. That we was even vibing too, like damn, like hold up this shit kind of hard, like I fuck with this, Like you know what I'm saying. So it's like it's like it's just it's just like being able to identify I don't I don't I don't make them they already are made. I just can identify, like the IT factor, you know what I'm saying, or up no matter how big or how up and coming or anything like I don't. I don't. I don't look at it like wave to ride like I always was trying to like create the wave, like with somebody like man, we're gonna create a wave, Like you know what I'm saying, Like as soon as y'all think y'all could seem I forget about UCJ, but we're finna come back. Bands, make a dance, smoking nigga. You know what I'm saying, show out, you know what I'm saying, Stealing this bitch like twenty three, Like we're going crazy, like you know what I'm saying, Like as soon as y'all think that I could overlook future, Like I'm saying, we're going dirty, fright, ain't nowhere around the itching. You know what I'm saying, turn on the lights never in New Bugatti. You know what I'm saying, Like all kinds of joints, ships back to back, like move that dope, like you know what I'm saying, Like part of me, you know what I'm saying. And then it's like as soon as you think, like, I'll never listen to my style song. Man, you're talking about man with my Jay's on. You know what I'm saying, Like now now overseas, they moving like this, They weren't never moving like this in certain rooms like you know what I'm saying, Like they move into they move into the bounce like you know what I'm saying. And then it's like, but she cool enough to even want to even do that joint? You know what I'm saying, Trust to trust the process. Just be like, nah, my fan's not gonna like it. I don't do that kind of music. I'm not doing that right. It's too risky, you feel me, you know what I'm saying. So that's rock star ship.
Speaker 3: Comes from that line, Pops.
Speaker 1: Yeah you kept that real nigga ship. Man, I swear to god. Man, let me just tell you something. Yeah, we're taking a picture. But I don't ever want you to ever think that our culture don't understand how much you mean to us.
Speaker 4: Man. I love the culture. Man. I look, you know I used to think like that. I used to think like that, but I said it. I was like, Man, this next run is for everybody who believes. Man, because we man, you know what I'm saying, there's so many people that believe. There's so many people in the culture that's like that. Like you said, like man ended up telling me you got your back. Man, I appreciate that you believe you Man, there's more believe. Louder should be louder, But this is really louder because I ain't gonna lie.
Speaker 3: Ire, we got your back seems louder. That's let me change it. Thank Youtivity is way more you you Listen, you the man slam.
Speaker 4: Should in the case you don't know you for ten years.
Speaker 3: In case you don't know, listen, we got your back over here.
Speaker 4: That's hard, I.
Speaker 3: Mean, but said, and you kind of don't need us, but we want you to know that we got your back.
Speaker 1: We're here, we're here, regards we're here like like like like like you you kind of don't because you know ship nigga.
Speaker 4: You doing good but great.
Speaker 1: But guess what that's that that shouldn't be No, that's not what what what what we are doing over here? Let me just tell you something, Mike.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry. I don't mean to call you Mike.
Speaker 4: I don't know if I.
Speaker 3: Don't even know, I don't even get the will to call you right, let me just take something.
Speaker 4: But let me just take you something.
Speaker 3: You're one of the best producers out there.
Speaker 1: Brother and me and my brother this motherfucker right here. We love giving people they flowers. We love making sure that people understand that in hip hop.
Speaker 3: This is what we're doing. Legacy.
Speaker 1: This is your fucking home. Anytime you fucking yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah, yeah yeah yeah. Anytime you fucking feel like you wanna not the pink toenails though, please, I'll bother tell christ.
Speaker 3: Let's just go to you want to promote your pink toenail? No, no, no, no, I got black toenails.
Speaker 4: That's horrible.
Speaker 3: That's horrible. What's my brother in law like, Oh my god, oh my look look look.
Speaker 1: Look, look, look at look good look looks oh I have black to nails. But listen, No, no, no, Mike will Mike. Well, let me just tell you somebody, this is your platform.
Speaker 3: This is your home.
Speaker 1: Anytime you ever want to put more, you want to talk, you want to tell people, you want to say that, yo, this is this is this.
Speaker 3: Is your platform, one million percent. And I look at that.
Speaker 11: Your watch, your watch is fucking fantastic, Mike, Mike, I just wanted you to know this.
Speaker 1: Whenever you want to talk anything, this is your platform. Look at us, This is your platform.
Speaker 3: Right ho day doll it on.
Speaker 5: Drink Champs is a drink Champs LLC production hosts and executive producers n O r E and d j e f N.
Speaker 3: Listen to Drink.
Speaker 5: Champs on Apple Podcast, Amazon Music, Spotify, or wherever you get your podcasts. Thanks for joining us for another episode of Drink Champs hosted by yours truly, dj e f N and n O r E. Please make sure to follow us on all our socials That's at drink Champs across all platforms at the Real norriegon ig at Noriega on Twitter, Mine is at Who's Crazy on ig at, dj e f N on Twitter, and most importantly, stay up to date with the latest releases, news and merch by going to drink champs dot com