Speaker 1: Welcome. It is verdict with Senator Ted Cruz. We've got one heck of a show for you today. It deals with everything from China and the movie, the Barbie movie coming out. Plus we've got another victory we want to talk about that deals with censorship. And then there's the big story, and that is one that deals with cocaine at the White House. Now, Senator, there's other big news that we're going to deal with, including a huge court victory against government censorship. But everyone is obsessed with the cocaine at the White House. So let me get your initial take to that one.
Speaker 2: You know, I don't think Saturday Night Live could satirize the Biden White House worse than what has actually happened now. Of course, for Saturday Night Live to satirize them, they'd have to be willing to actually make fun of Democrats. But listen, Biden ran promising to bring back dignity to the White House when the last couple of weeks we've had number one, a biological man who identifies as a transgender woman and go topless with his surgically constructed breast bouncing around on the South lawn. That happened a couple of weeks ago, we had a couple of days ago, Hunter Biden standing behind his parents on the balcony of the White House, by all appearances, stoned out of his mind. And then we now have had a bag of cocaine literally found in the West Wing of the frigging White House. The West Wing, by the way, is the working office of the White House. It's where the Oval office is, It's where the Chief of Staff's office is, It's where the National Security Advisor's office is, It's where the senior White House staff works. And there's just a bag of white powder. Like, I don't know at this point, how do you even satirize it? With topless transgender people running around and bags of cocaine in the White House. This is Joe Biden's administration.
Speaker 1: The part that's also extremely shocking to me is the fact that the White House wouldn't comment on this at all. They wouldn't say if they're going to drug test their staffers moving forward, and they wouldn't even say that they would hold the person accountable if they find out who brought in this cocaine? Is the rule of law and order completely gone under this administration? I mean, if someone brings cocaine into the White House and you won't publicly come out and state immediately we are going to prosecute the fullests in the law when we find not if when we find with that type of determination.
Speaker 2: Oh look, it's worse than that. It's not only is they're a double standard and they won't prosecute people who reviolating the law. We know that, I mean Hunter Biden. We've got videos of him on crack cocaine and the DOJ won't prosecute it. So we know that. But it's worse than that because it's a DOJ cover up. It's a Biden White House cover up. You know, we had the administration put out a statement we probably will never know whose cocaine it was. Really, really, are you frigging telling me someone can leave a bag of something in the West wing of the White House if it were a bag of anthrax? Would they be like, well, you know, we'll never know who left it. Oh well, and by the way, where this was located, so so let me give you a little bit of the geography of the White House. Where this was located was by the entrance to the White House in the west wing. So when you come to the west wing for a meeting. You come in a door that is down on the ground level, and where you come in, off on your right there's a dining room. Off on your right is the situation room, and it apparently is right somewhere in that entrance foyer is where this bag of cocaine was found. And it was found in a normal security suite. Now, Kareeine John Pierre has said, well, this is a heavily traffic area of the White House. I have to say it is screamingly funny that she keeps using the word heavily trafficked, heavily traffic. Well, when you're trafficking in cocaine, that she may be speaking more literally than typical. There's an irony that Karine Jean Pierre may have accidentally spoken the truth from the podium of the White House. But listen, that is the entrance that senators go through. It's the entrance that cabinet members go through. It's the entrance that if you're going to meet someone senior in the White House, typically if you're going to meet the President, that's the entrance you go through. I've gone through that entrance probably hundreds of times. What is bizarre is they say we can't figure out who it is. Now, I will say something odd, which is, there's lots of speculation on Twitter. Oh, a bag of cocaine in the White House, It's got to be Hunters, you know. My guess is it probably isn't Hunters. I don't know that obvious. We know that Hunter has a drug problem, We know that he has used cocaine and used crack cocaine in the past. But I doubt Hunter Biden is going in the West wing all that often and going in that interest, all that entrance all that often. I think it is in all likelihood someone who works in the Biden administration, some senior Biden official, which makes the cover up all that the more astonishing. You're telling me, with the cameras they have there, with the secret service they have there, with the marine detail they have there, that nobody can figure out, Hey, who left the bag of cocaine by the front door of the West wing of the White House? I mean that is or the side door. That's insane. And the only reason they would put out a statement saying we will never know who it was is the same reason why the DOJ and the FBI is engaged in a cover up of Hunter Biden's acts of criminality, of Joe Biden's acts of criminality, of the evidence of corruption. Sadly, this administration is more than willing to politicize. Look, it would be embarrassing if we discover that a senior White House aid is bringing cocaine into the West Wing to do Schedule one serious drugs in the White House. And so their answer instead is, of course, we're not going to prosecute it. We're not going to investigate it, and you know what, we'll just never know who did it. Whoops. Oh well.
Speaker 1: One of the other things the talking point you mentioned it was the fact they say this is a heavily trafficked area. The White House is not Disney World, It's not a Starbucks line at the airport. Okay it this is the idea of this is highly trafficked. Makes it sound like there's thousands and thousands of people walking through this area. You've been there, like you said, hundreds of times. I've had a blessed career to be able to go to the White House a significant number of times as well. I was there last time the day of the State of the Union, and I was in the It's the exact area where the cobbies are where you put your phones before I went in the Oval Office to meet with President Trump, and this area. The idea that you can't find out who it is is a lie. The same way I would argue Senator that the idea that we still don't know who leaked, for example, the Roe v. Wade of being overturned, is a lie. They know. I have no doubt in my mind, and this is my opinion that they know exactly who brought this cocaine in. And I promise you if it would have been anthrax or something like that, we would know who did it. They would have found them. There's no way you can tell me they can't figure this crime out.
Speaker 2: So I actually don't know if they know who it is. I think they don't want to know. I think they are being willfully blind. I think they're putting their head in the sand like an Ostrich and just saying, let's not figure it out. Let's just say, gosh, really difficult to figure out, and this is the sort of question we don't want an answer to. I also think it is a different scenario than the Supreme Court leak. Look, I think Chief Justice Roberts wants to know who leaked it. We've seen Justice Alito has said he thinks he knows who leaked it. But what I suspect happened there, and I don't know because the Court has not given definitive answers. But what I suspect happened there is that they didn't run a very good investigation. I don't think it was because they didn't want to know the answer. I just think it's because they allowed the Marshal's Office to lead that investigation. And the Marshal's Office is not an investigative agency. It's not an agency that investigates crimes. It's a part of the Marshal's office. You have the police officers of the Court that are protecting against acts of violence, but they're not typically investing investigating crimes. They're not typically engaged in forensic analysis. And what I called for at the time is the Supreme Court I believe should called in the FBI. The FBI has very extensive forensic capability. The reason the Court didn't, I think was because of separation of powers concerns, and there's a view within the judiciary that we're Article three, we're a separate branch of government and asking Article two asking the executive branch to assist is intruding in our internal business. I get that, but I think the better decision would have been for the Chief Justice to instruct the Marshall's Office to work with the FBI and get their forensic capability to find out who leaked. And so I think the motivation is different. I think with the Supreme Court leak, it wasn't an effort to cover it up. It was rather putting institutional concerns above what I think was the incredibly important need to expose and punish the leaker. In the White House, on the other hand, I think it is a flat out cover up. I think they do not want to know because it is exceptionally likely it is I think close to one hundred percent that it is someone who works in the White House. Look, I suppose, is it possible that some random visitor to the White House left a bag of cocaine? I guess theoretically, so maybe it's not one hundred percent, But what are the odds some guy who has a meeting with let's say, the Chief of Staff of the White House just happens to bring a bag of cocaine with them and happens to leave it in the foyer. I mean, just that strikes me as very unlikely. I think it is much more likely this is someone that comes in and out of that building every day, and in that instance, whoever it is, is going to be really embarrassing for the Biden White House. And so it's much easier from a political damage control perspective to say, oh, we can't figure it out. Oh well, because boy, we really don't want to know the answer that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, great point. I want to tell you real quick about our friends over in augusta precious medals. If you have been saving for a long time for retirement, maybe you're in retirement, or maybe you're trying to figure out a strategy to protect your hard earned dollars. If you haven't looked at gold, especially with what's been going on with the economy and the incredible ups and downs on Wall Street, then now may be the time to see if a gold ira can help you protect your hard earned dollars. Now, if you are close to retirement and in retirement, the number one thing you're thinking about is this, there is no time to make up losses and a lot of people have had losses in their retirement accounts over the last couple of years. That's where gold can also come in to protect you. Now, my friends in Augusta Precious Medals, they want to sit down with you and they want you to understand how you can protect your money with a gold IRA. Not only are they going to send you the free Investor's Guide on gold, but they will do a one on one web conference with you as well. They'll give you the economic insights and explain to you how gold IRA can work for you you and most importantly, give you the peace of mind, and that is the most important thing to protect your assets. Call Augusta Precious Metals right now and get the free Investor's guide and do the one on one with them. Eight seven seven the number four gold i r A eight seven seven the number four gold IRA or online at Augusta Precious Metals dot com. That's Augusta Precious Metals dot com. Senator, one more question on this. Do you think that we're going to find out or is the White House going to have to come clean on this? Is there anything Congress will be able to do? I mean, they're treating it like a crime scene right now, at least acting like, hey, this is a real crime. You've got a substance that wasn't supposed to be in the White House. It is cocaine and a legal substance of that. It's also a national security issue how this could get into the White House a white substance in general. Think, goodness, it wasn't something like anthrax. But are we going to get answers or is this just going to go away?
Speaker 2: Well, if it's up to the Biden White House, it will go away. I expect that the House of Representatives will try to do some oversight on this. I also expect that the Biden White House will will simply erect a wall around the White House and will stonewall. And we've seen DOJ stonewall, We've seen the FBI stonewall. I expect that the Secret Service will stonewall on this. And so the chances that Senate Democrats want to get to the bottom of this are zero. Why because they know that it is very likely a senior official in the Biden White House. It could conceivably be Hunter Biden. There is at least one known cocaine user who frequents the White House, but as I said, generally you would assume that Hunter Biden is in the residence of the White House rather than entering through the business interests of the West Wing. But Senate Democrats do not want to know the answer because I think they are much more interested in political daydamage control that then actually getting to the bottom. You are right, the West wing of the White House is a crime scene right now. Anyplace else, if police discover a bag of cocaine, the place they discover it, they call a crime scene and they investigate whose cocaine is this? And you know what, there are thousands of people in jail right now for possessing a bag of cocaine just like the one found in the West Wing of the White House. And so there's a double standard of justice. We talked about this with a Hunter Biden investigation, that if you're some poor schmoe who did crack cocaine, you could serve hard time, But if you're connected to Joe Biden and this White House, you get special treatment, you get a cover up from this administration.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's sad to see the White House turn into this side show, as you described it earlier, with this what they've done to this White House is sad. It's supposed to be a place of honor and respect. It's supposed to be a place of dignity that we're supposed to be proud of, and certainly you can't say that right now with this administration the way that they're treating it. I want to move to also another big.
Speaker 2: I got to say, comparatively. Comparatively, Bill Clinton has got to be looking at this going, wow, you guys disrespected? Yeah, I mean Bill Clinton's like, boy, I got criticism for what I did in the West wing of the White House. The bidens are making Bill Clinton look like an amateur.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it only takes one more bigger idiot to make you look good. Right, That's all you can say about that one. I want to move to another story and center. This could have massive implications.
Speaker 2: For the elect By the way, Ben, for the record, let's not have that be the slogan of this podcast, although our critics would suggest that's already our slogan.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there you go. Fair enough, fair enough. We've got a big story that deals. We've got a big story that's gonna deal that could have huge ravocations for the election coming up. And it's a big court victory. This is something that Verdict listeners are going to want to know about because it's not being covered. There was a huge court victory against government censorship. A federal judge has blocked the Biden administration officials from actually communicating directly with social media companies to silence and censor people, ideas and stories. This judge is not ordered Biden officials to quote limit their contact with social media companies. Ruling says that Biden administration's policing of social media is likely a violation of people's First Amendment. Now, so people understand, the Biden administration has been in regular contact, sometimes daily, multiple times a week, and if you say something they don't like, whether it was during the time of COVID or other issues they don't like, they could just connect with them and say, hey, silence that person, shut that person's count down, get that person kicked off your platform. And this judge has finally said you can't do that.
Speaker 2: Well, that's exactly right. And you know, this is a topic we're going to do a deep dive into. And this is one of the reasons I think people listen to Verdict because we cover topics that the corporate media won't cover, and they won't cover in any substance. This is a very important decision. This is a very important victory for free speech, and the corporate media doesn't want you to know about it. This is a ruling that came down on July fourth, on Independence Day, and it came down from Chief Judge Terry Dodie of the Western District of Louisiana, who's a federal district judge, and he issued a preliminary injunction that restricts the Biden administration from communicating with social media platforms in order to ask them to remove or suppress content containing protected speech. In other words, to stop the Biden administration from collaborating with big tech to censor you. Now, this opinion is one hundred and fifty five pages long. It is a serious, scholarly opinion. It is an incredibly detailed opinion. This is a case that was brought against the Biden administration by the State of Missouri and the State of Louisiana. And it was also brought by two epidemmologists, Jay Badchaira and Martin Kouldorf, and four other social media commentators who allege that social media firms remove their posts and this injunction focuses on repeatedly. It is at the preliminary junction stage. So what the court concluded. In order to grant a preliminary injunction, the district court has to find that the plaintiffs are likely to prevail on the merits of their claim. So that's what the district court concluded, that they are likely to win to prove in court that the Biden administration violated the First Amendment and violated the free speech rights of Americans. That's a big deal. And they walk through carefully what was going on. It documents instances where White House officials explicitly demanded censorship, including in some cases, demanding that social media delete the accounts of private Americans, including Tommy larn including Tucker Carlson, including Alex Berenson. At one point, a White House official expressed frustration with Facebook's lack of censorship of what they called vaccine disinformation, writing in an email and I'm quoting, are you guys efing serious? And they did not abbreviate efing. I want an answer on what happened here, and I want it today. Now let's be clear that that is not an email of someone saying, Gosh, would you mind looking at this, Hey, this is a concern. That is the kind of communication we saw Hunter Biden give to the Chinese official. I want an answer, and I want it by tonight. It's the kind of answer you give someone who works for you that you have power over. The opinion also documents Facebook's collusion with the CDC to censor COVID related claims. This included a scheme where Facebook would email an official of the CDC quote to determine whether statements made on Facebook were true or false, and if the CDC said this statement is false, Facebook would remove the quote false statements. So, for example, the CDC rated as false the claim that COVID nineteen vaccines weaken the immune system. Now, I would say, as we sit here right now in twenty twenty three, that claim has not one hundred percent been proven true. But there's a lot of evidence to think it's true, and at a minimum, it is not objectively false, proven to be such so that the government can silence you from saying to the contrary. Likewise, the opinion discusses the FBI's efforts through what it called the Foreign Influenced Text Task Force to quote prime technology companies about possible hack and dump operations led by foreign state actors. And Joel Roth, who was a Twitter executive, testified that during the joint Industry FBI meetings, he learned that quote, there were rumors that a hack and leak operation would involve Hunter Biden, and as we know, social media right before the twenty twenty election suppressed the story that broke about Hunter Biden's laptop. Now here's the critical thing. The FBI at the time knew that Hunter Biden's laptop was not Russian disinformation because the agency was in possession of the laptop as of December of twenty nineteen, so a year earlier. In addition, another office what's called the Global Engagement Center. It's part of the State Department. It was an initiative that emerged from Executive Order three five eight four issued by Obama, which established the State Department's Center for Strategic counter Terrorism Communications. Ultimately, another executive order, Executive Order one three seven two one, again issued by Obama, transformed the cSCC into the Global Engagement Center, and the center is designed to quote, direct, lead, synchronize, integrate, and coordinate US efforts to recognize understanding and counter foreign state and non state propaganda and disinformation aimed at undermining the policy, security, or stability of the United States. But you know what they didn't do. They didn't focus on foreign actors. They focused on repeatedly Americans whose speech they were trying to silence. And so what the District court did is it issued an injunction against multiple different parts of the Biden administration to stop directing social media to censor free speech postings from American citizens. And and let me read you a portion of it. Defendants use meetings and communications with social media companies to pressure these companies to take down, reduce, and suppress the free speech of American citizens. They flagged posts and provided information on the type of posts they wanted suppressed. They also followed up with directives to the social media companies to provide them with information as to the action the company had taken with regard to the flag post. This seemingly unrelented pressure by defendants had the intended result of suppressing millions of protected free speech postings by American citizens. If ever, there were a case where the quote significant encouragement theory should apply, this is it. And that's a theory that explains that when the government engages in significant encouragement to private actors to censor speech, that the government is liable for violating the First Amendment. And here's what the court wrote in conclusion. The evidence produced thus far depicts an almost dystopian scenario during the COVID nineteen pandemic, a period best categorized by widespread doubt and uncertain the United States government seemed to have assumed a role similar to an Rwelian ministry of truth. Wow, that's a federal court in an order against the Biden administration. The Biden administration is freaking out about this.
Speaker 1: You hear the court put it that way. And this is where I smile, because this is such a significant win for freedom of speech and also not having a government like you see that influences and runs media in places like Russia and China and Venezuela and Cuba, and the idea that you can silence your political opposition, which is exactly what the government has been doing clearly under the Biden administration. This important day now sooner. This is also going to have a big impact, I think on this election cycle coming up, because this is what they were able to do in the last election cycle, in the presidential election cycle, which was to say, Okay, we're gonna really start ratcheting up and silencing people and shutting down their reach. And Democrats realize their secret weapon was just pick up the phone and say I am the government, yes, you're the private sector. I need you to shut down these people. And even some of the accounts that were shutting down were people that had five hundred and eight hundred followers and then they said something that went viral, and they're like, yeah, we don't like we don't even know who this person is, we don't even know what they're saying. They had a treat to went viral, we don't like it. Therefore shut down their account, and they did it well.
Speaker 2: And it's even worse than that. So these big tech companies are staffed in significant parts by a lums from the federal government, from the Obama administration, from the Biden administration. You've got Joel Roth who claimed that the Trump administration were quote literal Nazis. So these are hardcore radical leftists. They're already eager to use they're mini coopoly power to silence speech, but the government is urging them any speech they dislike, they were urging them to silence. And I want to make an important clarification because to the extent you're seeing discussion of this in the corporate media, and the discussion is quite limited, but to the extent you see it, you're seeing histrionic reaction from democrats and corporate media analysts saying, well, how can this be that the government is prohibited from communicating this is a danger to our country. Let's be clear. The injunction explicitly includes carve outs for communication with social media companies that is permissible, including notifying companies about criminal activities, notifying social media companies about national security threats, and notifying them about threats to public safety. And also speech that is not protected by the First Amendment is expressly exempted from the injunct. So this injunction is narrowed too, Biden administration, you cannot ask social media companies to censor political speech because you disagree with it and dislike it. That is not how the First Amendment operates. And I guarantee you if you are watching a democrat or a corporate media analyst talk about this, they're going to suggest that the government can no longer longer talk to the social media companies at all. That is categorically false.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and look, you know some of them are going to try to still keep the back channels going and they're going to try to get around this, And that's the questions. Will there be enforcement from this? And I hope that there certainly is. I want to tell you about our friends at Chalk. If you're a guy and you're sick and tired of feeling like you are losing your strength and your vitality and weakness and complacency is setting in. You just don't feel like yourself. You're tired, you're fatigued. You want to work out, you want to be active, but it's just not like it used to be, then you need to check out Chalk. Chalk is here to help real men just like you take back your right to probably maximize your masculinity by boosting testosterum levels up to twenty percent over ninety days. Yeah, you heard me right, booster you testostrum levels up to twenty percent over ninety days. Now. I've been taking chalk choq dot com the mal Vitality Stack now for several months. It works. It's manufactured right here in the us of a. Chalk's natural herbal supplements are clinically proven to have game changing effects on your energy, your focus, your mood. So if you are tired of weakness and complacency and you're ready to get back what you used to feel like with strength and vitality, check out Chalk choq dot com. That's choq dot com. Use the promo code Ben. You're gonna get thirty five percent off any Chalk subscription for life choq dot com. Use the promo code Ben thirty five percent off and booster your tesostrum levels of twenty over ninety days. Center. I want to also ask you about another big issue, and this deals with China. This is not a normal conversation that you would think you and I would be having. There's a movie that's out, the Barbie movie, Barbie and Ken. It is now making waves for a map in that movie, and it's basically so Barbie and the people that made the movie, could it make a bunch of money in China by making them happy in Beijing? Explain this insane story.
Speaker 2: Well, sure, Barbie is an upcoming summer blockbuster targeting obviously young girls, teenage girls who are a huge movie going audience. And there's a scene in the movie Barbie where Barbie is in front of a map of the world, and it's a cartoon map. It's not a very detailed map. So for example, it has drawn out one of the places on the map is Asia, so it's a map of the world and has Asia, but off to the east of Asia that they have lines drawn in the South China Sea, and it's called the nine dash line. And the nine dash line is a line that the Communist Party of China is pushing out because they are claiming that China has sovereignty over virtually the entirety of the South China Sea, and that is contrary to international law the South China Sea. The claim is disputed by Vietnam, by Malaysia, by Indonesia, by Burnei, by the Philippines in Taiwan, and in fact, an international tribunal at the Hague found the Chinese Communist Party's map is illegal. In other words, that their claims of sovereignty, they're trying to steal control over international waters and waters that other nations have sovereignty. And it's a power grap And what's bizarre. You have this cartoon map with with no specificity. Asia is one block on it. And yet there in the sea are the nine dashes that are exactly what the CCP wants to claim. The South China Sea is theirs. And in response to this, the country of Vietnam officially banned the movie from Vietnam. They said, this is Chinese Communist propaganda, and it is a sad pattern. We've seen an ongoing pattern of Hollywood movies cow towing to the Chinese Communists and at times censoring their movies, but at times doing what they're doing here, which is just happily repeating CCP propaganda because they want to sell the movie in China, and they recognize that that repeating what makes the Chinese Communist Party and the government happy, increases the chances that the government will allow the movie to be sold in China. But I got to say, it is shameful to see Hollywood acting as a mouthpiece for the Chinese Communist You know, when I saw this, I tweeted out, I said, well, you know, I guess Barbie is made in China, and a vast number of the Barbie dolls sold in America are in fact manufactured in China. But it is sad to see a movie aimed at young girls is acting as the mouthpiece for Chinese communist propaganda.
Speaker 1: It's not just that too, there's also problems here in the US. There's an amazing movie that you just went to that talks about human trafficking and children that are being sex trafficked and what a problem it is in the world. It actually was the number one movie over the July fourth weekend, beating out Indiana Jones, which is incredible, and it was actually in half the number of theaters apparently as Indiana Jones. And this is what's encouraging to me center is the fact that it seems like as much as they're trying to force this propaganda, whether it be Barbie, whether it be Target, whether it be Disney. I mean, they had massive layoffs the other day with talent at ESPN. A lot of people believe this is because of Disney and ESPN. People just had enough of their woke propaganda and their obsession with Black Lives Matter propaganda on ESPN day and night for several years and people just said, I'm done with you. And now we're seeing that the conservatives are starting to fight back with their dollars not spending them places. But also this movie that just came out that that is dealing with a tough issue, an important issue, goes to number one with half of the of the distribution in theaters as the big Hollywood movie, you know, with Indiana Jones.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's exactly right. And so this movie Sound of Freedom. I actually on July third, I took my mom to see it. And my mom loves movies, so do I. So the two of us went to see It's a fantastic movie. Jim Cavizl, who played Jesus in the Passion of the Christ, is an incredibly talented actor. He plays the lead. He plays Tim Ballard. So this is a true story. Tim Ballard was a DHS Department Homeland Security agent who was working fighting child trafficking and and and he saw the horrific evils of child sex trafficking. There is a massive, multi billion dollar business of kidnapping and selling children for sex trafficking, and it is horrific, it is evil, and and the true story, Tim Ballard ended up actually leaving his job and going down to Latin America to rescue over a hundred kids who had been kidnapped by child sex traffickers and and it's it's a true story. And I got to tell you I met Tim Ballard, Jim Jim Cavisel came by my office a couple of weeks ago. We talked about the movie and let me encourage everyone go watch this movie. It's inspiring. I mean, it's an amazing true story. So much of what comes out of Hollywood as garbage today, it's propaganda. This is a true story about fighting. Look, you can disagree about all sorts of political issues, but the sick predators who engage in in sexual assault of little kids and sell little children to pedophiles that I worked a lot of years in law enforcement. I dealt with a lot of horrible crimes. I dealt with murders, I dealt with all sorts of crimes. The ones that always got me the most upset, the most angry are the bastards that hurt kids. I think there is a special circle of hell devoted to people who hurt kids. And the corporate media and most of Hollywood they didn't want this movie made. They don't want anyone to know about it. It gets no press. In fact, when I met with Jim Caviezel, the Houston Chronicle wrote a hit piece saying, oh, Jim Caveazl is this crazy conspiracy theorist guy without talking about the movie, without talking about the horrors of child sex trafficking. Instead, they just wanted to paint it as a tenfoil hat crazy thing. This is a true story, and you are right. On July fourth, Sound of Freedom was the number one box office movie in the country. It beat Indiana Jones. Sound of Freedom was on just over two thousand screens. Indiana Jones was on over four thousand screens, and nevertheless, Sound of Freedom was number one. I want to encourage everyone to go watch it, but it's a sign of just how messed up Hollywood is that they don't want.
Speaker 1: You to watch it. Yeah, and they don't want to talk about They're hoping that this weekend it dies, which, as you know, we've got a lot of vertict listeners that want that may not even know this movie exists. It's a movie you need to go see, and you need to go see it this weekend. And the reason why is because after last weekend, there are some theaters that will pick up this movie, and if more people go this weekend, more theaters will pick it up next week because they think they're missing out on profits. That's why it's so important. Don't wait for it to come out. This is a movie that conservatives and Christians should support. This is put your money where your mouth is and go out there. Because if we succeed in these movies being successful, center more of them are going to be made, which is the best part of all.
Speaker 2: Well, and Ben, I'll tell you when we finished watching the movie on the afternoon of July third, at the end of the movie, the entire theater burst out an applause. When's the last time you read a movie where that happened. Yeah, I mean it is uplifting. It's horrifying. I mean, the evil of it is horrifying, but it also is a demonstration that you can go and you can fight against this evil and you can prevail. And it's important for people to understand peace. People don't like to talk about modern day slavery, and sadly, under the Biden administration with their open borders at the southern border, human trafficking has exploded the results of open borders. I'll give you an amazing statistic we've talked about on Verdict before this statistic is from the New York Times. In twenty eighteen, the Mexican drug cartels made in revenue from human trafficking roughly five hundred million dollars. Last year, they made over thirteen billion dollars from human trafficking. That is a two six hundred percent increase. This is evil and it is modern day slavery. Now that being said, as bad as Hollywood is, as much as they don't want you to hear and watch movies that expose things like this, as much as they're willing to cowtow to communist China, we did have a significant victory recently, which is the pattern of Hollywood censoring for China has been an ongoing pattern, and I've been calling it out for a long time. So, for example, the movie Top Gun Maverick. You remember the first movie Top Gun. Yeah, Maverick had on the back of his jacket a series of patches of different flags, and two of the flags that were on the back of his jacket were the flag of Japan and the flag of Taiwan. Well, the Chinese communists don't like Japan and they hate they loathe Taiwan, and so the movie Top Gun Maverick the sequel, they edited those patches out. They've just made them sort of random patterns that didn't correspond to any country because they didn't want to offend the Chinese Communist Party by referring to Japan or Taiwan. And I called him out, I said, really, are you serious? Are you telling me that Maverick is afraid of the Chinese Communists? I mean it was insane and a bit of good news. Actually, the studio ended up putting him back, so when the movie was released, they had the patches back, and there was enough criticism they got embarrassed. Another example Hollywood the movie Bohemian Rhapsody. It's another great movie. It's a biopic of Freddie Mercury, the lead singer of Queen. The studio that produced it edited out scenes that showed that Freddie Mercury was gay because the Chinese Communists didn't want to acknowledge that Freddy Mercury was gay. Now, Ben, how the hell do you tell Freddie Mercury's story without acknowledging he was gay. It was a pretty damn important part of his life. And you know, Hollywood is always happy to virtue signal about how woke they are. Unless they're trying to make millions of dollars from China, in which case they're like, nope, edited out. Guess what, Freddy Mercury no longer gay, Let's just take it out. It was embarrassing, it was wrong, and so I introduced legislation called the Script Act. And what the Script Act said is that if a Chinese studio, sorry, if an American studio engages in censorship at the behest of the Chinese government or in order to please the Chinese government, then they are not eligible to use US government assets. So there are lots of movies where movie studios use assets of the US government. Think something like Top Gun, where they're using fighter jets, or they're using ships, or they're using tanks, or they're using humvies. Or think you know a movie where you're down on the border, you're downfighting drugs, and you're up in a Blackhawk helicopter. They're all sorts of instances where the US government allows Hollywood to use their assets to film great action movies. The Script Act says, Okay, if you're going to let the Chinese communist government censor your films, you can't use US government assets to do it and the Script Act. I introduced it, I fought for it. I'll tell the Democrats resisted it mightily that Hollywood supports the Democrats significantly. We had a huge battle back and forth. Ultimately, the full Script Act didn't pass, but major portions of the Script Act passed in the Fiscal year twenty twenty three National Defense Authorization Bill. And in the past week, the Pentagon issued their guidance and guidelines pursue it to the legislation that I wrote, making clear to studios, if you let the Chinese government censor your movies, you're ineligible to use US government assets. And hopefully, awesome, it will be a major incentive to stop this garbage, to stop Hollywood from cowtowing to the Chinese communisty.
Speaker 1: You mentioned victories, and there's one more that deals with a dear friend of ours in a book that's coming out. I'm going to tell you about that a second, But let me tell you real quick about Patriot Mobile. We talk so much about woke corporations that come after your values and why do you want why would you give them your money? Right, there's one category that you just hadn't had an option for years, and that is with your cell phone. The big three mobile companies out there, they've been dumping millions of dollars into leftist causes year after year. Many of the big mobile companies out there have actually given massive donations to Planned Parenthood. Well, now you've got an option. Patriot Mobile. They are America's only Christian, conservative wireless provider offering dependable nationwide coverage on all three major networks, so you get the best possible service in your area without the woke propaganda push by leftists working hard to destroy this country. Now, when you switch to Patriot Mobile, every month, a portion of your bill, at no extra charge to you, is going to be used to support free speech and religious freedom, going to be there to use to support the sancty of life and adoptions. They're also going to support the Second Amendment, our military, our veterans or first responders. This is what they do every month when you pay your bill. So, if you want to stand with a company that stands with your values and you want to fight back every time you use your phone, switch to Patriot Mobile. You can keep your same cell phone number if you want to, and your same cell phone that you have in your hand. Call them eight seven eight Patriot. That's eight seven eight Patriot eight seven eight Patriot, or online at Patriotmobile dot com slash Verdict. Use the promo code of Verdict and you'll get the best deals plus free activation of the year. That's Patriot Mobile dot Com slash Verdict. There's a one more good news story, and this one for me is just makes me happy. It's a dear friend of mine and a dear friend of yours. Mark Levin has his new book that is coming out soon, and it came out that Target had said they would not sell Mark Levin's new book in stores. They were apparently afraid that they were going to offend liberals, so they were not going to carry it. Now, Mark Levin pretty much everything he touches in the book world becomes a New York Times bestseller. This is another example of why I'm not going to give a damn dime of my money to Target. But there was so much backlash so quickly that Target realized, we don't want to step in it again. Right after what they just did with all of their activist clothing and everything they were doing, binding and tucking outfits with their LGBTQ gay pride month that they now have reverse course. And this is proof that when we get together and focus, we can win some of these battles.
Speaker 2: Well, that's exactly right. This is a big victory again for free speech against censorship, in this case censorship from big business. Mark Levin, who is a dear friend of mine, a dear friend of yours. He is the great one. And and that is a title that is fully earned. Uh, it is not hyperbole to say I wouldn't be in the US Senate without Mark Levin when when I was at two percent and was just getting started, Mark had me on my show over and over and over again, and and and helped me get get my message out to millions of Texans, help help me prevail. By the way, another guy named Ben Ferguson, who was also hosted a major, major show, had me on repeatedly. And so I'm grateful to the both of you, and and and I got to say, Democrats are still pissed at both of you. Uh for impact you did there, badge of honor. But Mark, you're right. Every book he writes sells a gazillion copies. His books are fantastic. His latest book, Uh, you know, you know, Mark is is someone who's very subtle. He has difficulty speaking clearly. He has difficulties saying what he really believes. So his title with all of the understatement that that has made Mark famous. Uh, the title of the book is the Democrat Party Hates America. Well that you know. I haven't read Mark's book yet, it's coming out shortly, but I suspect he makes a compelling case for the title. But Mark tweeted out on July fifth, Target will not carry the Democrat Party Hates America because it might offend Democrats pathetic. You can go to Amazon dot com and order directly without going through Democrat Party corporatis. And I want to thank Barnes and Nobles Walmartin Books a million for carrying the book. Now, a lot of conservatives spoke out against this. I spoke out. I retweeted Mark, and here's what I said. I said, not to worry. Target has built up so much goodwill with conservatives that I'm sure they won't mind. And then I said, and bias book because I'm sure it's a fantastic book. Well, here's the good news. If you feel like all of corporate America as a disaster, well, Mark tweeted out on July sixth. The day later, Target just informed my publisher that is reversed course and will be taking my new book in its stores upon its release. You folks are an immense force for free speech and market capitalism, and conservative authors and audiences everywhere will benefit from your patriotism. I could not be more proud of you, not only for how this specific case turned out, as there will undoubtedly be more of this, but because you've made it clear that you've had enough and will exercise your enormous power. The silent majority is silent no longer. I'll more fully discuss this on radio. God bless and I thank and salute you all. That is awesome, and every conservative, everyone who believes in free speech, everyone who doesn't want to see corporate America silence views they disagree with, should celebrate. We started this pod by talking about a victory for free speech in the courtroom, and we're ending the pod by talking about a victory for free speech against big business. In both instance, there is a power to truth. There is a power to highlighting what is real and what the facts are, and when we do so, that has enormous potency.
Speaker 1: Am into that don't forget. You can listen to the show Monday, Wednesday and Fridays wherever you get your podcast. If you're listening Apple, hit that follow button. You will never miss in that episode. Hit that like button or subscribe button if you're on other platforms, and please share this episode on social media. You can hit that little Ford button, that little arrow in the corner up in the right, depending on what platform you're on, down at the bottom, and you can put it up on social media wherever you are on social media and right us a five story review. It helps us reach more people on the charts, and that's really important. And don't forget. We do this every week Monday, Wednesday and Friday, so make sure you listen each and every day. It's always a pleasure center. And again, don't forget. Go out there and see that amazing movie this week and support a movie that's important to this country. This is a huge victory and it's going to inspire others to make great movies. So make sure you're part of it as well. And we'll see you back here in a couple of days.