Speaker 1: I'm Tari's Mexi and you're listening to the seventy six Ers Insider's podcast.
Speaker 2: This podcast is part of the seventy six ers podcast network, presented by Stern and Cohen Law.
Speaker 1: Search seventy six ers Insiders wherever you get your podcasts. Suffering an injury at work can cause physical pain, but also great uncertainty about your rights. You need to retain a worker's compensation law firm that is a winner like our sixers, a firm that gets some of the best settlements, but is also willing to go toe to toe with the insurance company. No settling on the cheap. This is Philly. We have grit and fight in us. Call the workers Compensation law firm of Stern and Cohen or visit their site sterncohenlaw dot com. The consultation is free. Stern and Cohen are the official partners of the seventy six Ers. They'll go ring the insurance company's bell.
Speaker 3: Coach Nurse, welcome into our podcast setup. Amazing, thank you for being here. Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: We built it from scratch in the last twenty four hours. Hopefully it's here to stay.
Speaker 4: Very cool.
Speaker 3: Let's start here coach. What's the best part of your job? Best part best part of your job?
Speaker 4: Love the competition. I think getting it going out there every night to compete, to try to win is what we live for, get up for, and that's why we do it.
Speaker 2: What's your best memory or your fondest memory with the Sixers thus.
Speaker 4: Far, fondest memory with the Sixers so far?
Speaker 2: Wow, a short amount of time, but there have already been memories made.
Speaker 4: I should be able to think of something that's my fondest memory. I'm trying to think. There seems to be a post game ball giving thing that was really funny that had to do with we only had one ball or something like that was really good. I don't know a lot of those are the A lot of those of it were pretty fun Tyresa's first fifty was pretty cool and had another fifty. We didn't have to give him a ball from that one. Joel had the seventy. That was pretty cool. Embied seventy.
Speaker 3: You hit a memory for me. I believe we were in Orlando.
Speaker 2: I believe Ricky and Turk both played for the first time. Joelle was to give a game ball to both of them, but perhaps only had one ball does that about it?
Speaker 4: That's right? That was that was that was okay, that's exactly what happened. I think we were We had two guys to score their first NBA points.
Speaker 3: So big time. Those are cool moments the game.
Speaker 4: Cool. There's got to be some cooler stuff than that, though, to be honest with you, I mean, you know, I grew up with like doctor j on my Wall and stuff, and there was times like.
Speaker 3: When it was for podcasts with him on as well.
Speaker 4: Yeaheah, Like just just like sometimes thinking man coaching the Sixers, like you know, the first couple of games and you're going into the arena and you're like, this is this is pretty cool?
Speaker 3: Really happy?
Speaker 4: Yeah, pretty cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're hosting a hypothetical dinner tomorrow night.
Speaker 3: Okay, you can invite four guests, okay that are alive, people you've met, people you haven't met. Who's sitting at the table with you?
Speaker 4: Four people?
Speaker 3: Four people that are alive.
Speaker 4: Oh man, these are always such trick questions. Let's see here. Well, you know, I love Prince and I never met him, so i'd bite Prince. He's obviously not with us, you know us, I've never met who had a huge impact in my life was Michael Jordan Cool. Obviously I grew up in that era. I was studying the Bulls as a young coach, and I've never met him. So there's two I could think of. How about another really cool basketball person but not in basketball. How about Jack Nicholson.
Speaker 3: Okay, Love, Right, that's a pretty.
Speaker 4: Good crew so far? Have those three?
Speaker 3: We get one more seat?
Speaker 4: I only get one more seat. How about, like, let's get one. Let's come about Michelle Obama?
Speaker 1: Love?
Speaker 3: You needed a woman at the table?
Speaker 4: Perfect right?
Speaker 3: I love that.
Speaker 4: It's awesome. I'm excited.
Speaker 3: Great one to choose.
Speaker 4: I'm excited about that dinner tomorrow.
Speaker 3: So follow up question, what are you guys eating?
Speaker 4: Well, I love pizza more than anything. I don't know if I could convince all of them to be That sounds.
Speaker 3: Like a heck of a pizza party. Yeah, I'm with it.
Speaker 2: What's the best gift you've ever gotten someone?
Speaker 4: Man? These are deep hot, These are deep. The best gift I've ever gotten someone? There's one pretty good one. I think I had this, had had this in my possession. I owned it. Fender cherry wood red white guitar, muddy waters cool and I gave it to my nineteen twenty year old son now for a housewarming gift moving into his dorm, his first college dorm. Chase that up with an amp this Christmas. A really cool amp from.
Speaker 3: It, I'm sure everything else in the door.
Speaker 4: That's pretty good. He's good, he can play, can's awesome.
Speaker 3: What's one thing that scares you?
Speaker 4: Geez, not much.
Speaker 3: That's a great answer.
Speaker 4: Not much scares me. I'm not a big fan of Like when I'm on a plane and it drops five thousand feet in like three seconds, that scares me a little bit.
Speaker 2: Speaking of planes and turbulence, What's something about the NBA life that would surprise an outsider?
Speaker 4: How little we do out there on the road that surprised me. When I first got in, I was like, finally made it to the NBA. I can't wait to go out of all these cities and do all this stuff. And then I realized that I had to like work like constantly and watch film constantly. And I was always like, from the moment I got up, I had watching film un till like the moment I went to bed.
Speaker 2: Well, so that was the follow up. What does an off day on the road look like? Because it's not sight seeing. It is a lot of it's so much admitting.
Speaker 4: Every now and then you get to do something right. Every now and then you'll get to catch a concert or something like you know, say, the whole season goes by, and you get to do like three things, two or three things. Most of the time you're I don't leave the room much. I'm watching film, doing work, resting, or playing music.
Speaker 3: What's the best advice you've ever received.
Speaker 4: I was a twenty three year old head coach at Grand View University in Des Moines, Iowa. My high school coach said, patients, you're gonna be a good coach. You aren't right now, but you're gonna be a good coach someday. You're gonna have to have patients.
Speaker 2: It's great advice. Patience is a virtue. All right, lack of patients in this one. This is the rapid fire round. Okay, no thinking, just answers.
Speaker 4: Ready, right, good dumb you used all my thinking power.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, she's easy to do. He's are easy.
Speaker 2: Favorite superhero Spider Man. If you didn't coach basketball, you would.
Speaker 4: Coach football or baseball.
Speaker 3: What would a band headlined by lead singer Nick nurse be.
Speaker 4: Called the doors? Is that taken even?
Speaker 3: I think? So?
Speaker 4: I don't. I don't have a name. I don't have a name for my band yet.
Speaker 3: Okay, well let's say you're a DT.
Speaker 4: I don't have a name for my album though. Okay, what time keeps moving? And either do shit or you don't. That's name my first album coming out.
Speaker 3: I love it. I love it. Actor. Who would play you in a movie?
Speaker 4: Adam Sandler? I'm just kidding. It's because I like Adam Sandler, but.
Speaker 3: He famously played a coach recently as well. It was good I was shot at here. Favorite place to visit.
Speaker 4: One of my favorite places was Thailand. Beach vacation, A long, long time.
Speaker 3: Ago place you wished to visit someday.
Speaker 4: Can I give you for like? Where do I want to go next?
Speaker 2: Like imagine I push a magic button and the season pauses for a week and you're not allowed to do any prep or film or anything, and in an instant you're somewhere else Where are we You've never been there before?
Speaker 4: You know what? He used to have a lot more of these thoughts when I coached in Europe. There's always so many other places to go and a lot of cool beach places in Europe that have all been hit pretty good. I don't know. Give me some place that I haven't been yet, one of those islands down there, like in.
Speaker 2: The Mediterranean somewhere. Yeah, maybe get on a boat and just go island.
Speaker 4: Hop I've been. I've been to a lot of the islands down and you know, Bahamas and Jamaica and all that kind of stuff. I'm trying to think a little bit more over towards Spain and all that.
Speaker 2: Antarctica is really trendy right now to explore Antarctica.
Speaker 4: No, thank you?
Speaker 3: Okay, what about I'm.
Speaker 4: Not give me an island, give me an island. There you go, shells.
Speaker 2: What's your favorite color? Sixers uniform? Aesthetically like? Which uniform do you.
Speaker 3: Like the best?
Speaker 4: I like the bright blue ones.
Speaker 2: You like the bright blue ones? Tyrys Maxie said the same thing. He's the only other person that said the bright blue ones. What's your nickname? Do the other coaches call you anything that isn't nick coach or nurse?
Speaker 4: I don't think so. They would call me doctor for a while. Yeah, but you know the doctor nurse thing. But I had a whole lot of here that was more in Toronto.
Speaker 2: Okay, well then we're going to stick with Coach Nurse. Coach Nurse, thank you so much for sitting down with us.