Speaker 1: Coming up and get my podcast for to go through some lists. Yes, we're gonna get you ready for the draft, and we're gonna.
Speaker 2: Play a special game. How did we end up with Martha?
Speaker 3: Now, you do what every want.
Speaker 1: It is to get loud podcasts featuring jinks and snoopersented by a sea kill man.
Speaker 3: Good brother.
Speaker 2: How about yourself? Man?
Speaker 3: Well, right before this show, I got to eat a cookie that you made.
Speaker 2: How was it?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 2: Tell me true?
Speaker 3: It is delicious chocolate chip cookie. Oh my god.
Speaker 2: I see. Most people don't don't respect my kitchen. They don't respect my.
Speaker 4: Bacon skills and my cooking skills. So I had to show them off in the office all the time. Got a guy by the name of Zach Selby, we go in it all the time. They say he nudged me in the cookie contest. What because I've already beat him in like numerous cookoffs.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 4: I think they really just wanted to give him a victory or more victory, which was fine with me. You ain't get his man victory.
Speaker 3: But you know, he beat me with a cookie.
Speaker 2: But my child kip cookie was pretty good.
Speaker 3: What you think, Oh my god, it's very good.
Speaker 2: Shot.
Speaker 3: You homemade.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I feel like you actually, if you're gonna be a good cook, you have a passion for cooking, and I feel like you do.
Speaker 4: I do because my grandmom and my mama raised me that way. Like I got the Book of Smooth at home.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 4: It's a cookbook that was handed now for generations and generations of smoots. So I am the holder of it right now. And I love to cook. I cook for my kids every day. So what's your specialty?
Speaker 3: The one dish We're like, if I make this, it's over. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I love holiday food because I love to put spreads together. So Thanksgiving for instance. Okay, I don't do stuff. We do dressing. See we do dressing, and I do it with the white gravy cran bear sounds. So it's it's there's one meal in one it's all in one meal.
Speaker 2: So if I had to say a go to it to be dressing.
Speaker 3: We're gonna talk about awards.
Speaker 1: We're gonna talk about matchups in the playoffs or top super Bowl matchups of all time.
Speaker 3: But I want to start with Elton John.
Speaker 4: You know this one because that yes, yes, el I'm John Yellow Brick Road. I just sung and said karaoke two months ago. So yellow Brick Road is one of my go to that very short song. But what I like about karaoke and when I mastered carriok and I understood this pick songs that people know because they'll start to sing it with you, hence not really knowing.
Speaker 2: Your voice tone. All right, So when that Yellow Brick Road comes on, they all get to sing.
Speaker 3: Do you have the high notes at the end?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, so close, so close, so far away, But I mean right there though, right there in the pocket.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 1: So Elton John just won the Egot, which is the Emmy of the Grammy, the Oscar, the Tony.
Speaker 3: It's a very select you win.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's it. That's done.
Speaker 3: So what is the equivalent of the sports Egot?
Speaker 1: The three things maybe the four things that if you win all of those, you've captured all of the major awards.
Speaker 4: I think you had to start out with the Player of the like offensive a defensive player year.
Speaker 2: You have to top that off with a MVP season.
Speaker 4: And the MVP of the Super Bowl, the MVP of the nf NBA Championship.
Speaker 2: I think that's the trifecta.
Speaker 3: I think that's right.
Speaker 4: I think that's it in Patrick Mahomes has won the Egott of Sports. Tom Brand is usually gonna be a quarterback. Let's be honest, It's usually gonna be a quarterback. I think the last defensive player was Charles Woodson Defensive Player of the Year Super Bowl Champion. Maybe did he get MVP. Yeah a so Charles Woodson, maybe Lawrence Taylor. So there's a couple of guys on the opposite side of the ball that's got him.
Speaker 2: But it's kind of a quarterback award.
Speaker 4: I think it's all set up for them to win the Elton John Award.
Speaker 2: So it's kind of bias if you ask me.
Speaker 1: Every now and then you'll see an athlete slipping and when like an Emmy for something like something they voiced or something they were a part of, something they produced.
Speaker 2: Well, we got a lot of athletes that's been in a lot of movies.
Speaker 4: Yes, like Lebron James is getting a lot of stuff from him producing just the Shop and all this other stuff.
Speaker 2: But I thought Brett Favre should have got an Emmy for.
Speaker 3: What's the something about Mayor?
Speaker 5: Why not?
Speaker 4: Ed Marshall and Lynch did a great job in the show on HBO. Uh gosh, he did a great job act and I know the shocks people that Marshawn did a great job.
Speaker 3: He's actually funny, He's very funny.
Speaker 4: He did a great and it was a serious part. He was playing west World. He was in West World whole season.
Speaker 3: Was crazy to me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he was in the whole season last season in West World. Did a terrific job.
Speaker 2: So it's some athletes out there that can act now and scene.
Speaker 1: If you can win one, if you have a realistic shot at winning one of those, which one do you think it would be?
Speaker 2: Between the Emmy, the Grammy.
Speaker 3: Oscar, Fred Smooth on the big screen?
Speaker 4: You see what sounds better when Roard winning Fred Smooth Grammy.
Speaker 2: I think I'd go for the Oscar, would you?
Speaker 4: Because I gotta look at what I won't sitting on my platform, like which.
Speaker 2: One looks to me?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Yeah, if I'd be like, you know, just met a girl and I'm dating, like, yeah, I want an Oscar.
Speaker 1: By the way, you can win multiple Grammys, multiple Oscars are very rare.
Speaker 4: Ver get one is to make you part of the one percent. Oh yes, so I would say Oscar?
Speaker 2: What say you?
Speaker 3: I think it has to be Oscar.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Now if you're behind the scenes, you can, but to be a a an actor like the primary actor, best Actor, best actress, best supporting Actor, best supporting actions.
Speaker 3: There's only like a a handful of people who have won multiple just what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So, I thought you would say it like an Emmy or something. You like an Emmy. Grammy guy, Like, you know, give me a Grammy. Let me sing.
Speaker 4: I just think more money comes post Oscar, Like you get an Oscar.
Speaker 2: Yeah, more money comes, oh yeah, yeah, yeah, all right. So it's it's like a yellow jacket and football.
Speaker 4: Once you get that Hall of Fame price, they ain't like they used to be, Like now you gotta pay me thirty thousand for me to show up somewhere, Like that's what the Hall of Jacket gets you. The Oscar gets me there, And no matter where I show up in LA, just.
Speaker 3: Pull out my Oscar get you and immediately.
Speaker 2: Just knock on the door, like what are you, Sir's seven eleven?
Speaker 3: You can come right in.
Speaker 2: Oscar. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: I'm trying to get in this concert Oscar Like I'm like, who cares the oscar with the man.
Speaker 2: With me, that's who.
Speaker 3: Well, since you mentioned the gold jacket of the Hall of Fame, let's talk a little football here.
Speaker 1: We're gonna make some top three less I'm gonna hear your less so give me. Let's start with the top three Commanders moments from twenty twenty four. Well, twenty twenty three, Yes, yes, yes, I will say number one.
Speaker 4: The new ownership group. I thought it brought energy. I'm the missm uh. It just brought a whole new cloud. It's just wonderful change, the energy Sam. How Broncos ended with Chase Young, monted Switt and being traded.
Speaker 2: Top three moments of the year you.
Speaker 3: Oh, honestly, you're gonna hate my answer.
Speaker 2: I hate most.
Speaker 1: One of my favorite moments was because we were there. And I hate to say it, but it was at the.
Speaker 6: End of the preseason because things looked so good and Sam looked so good early on, and the optimism was so high and I know things didn't pan out, and it's not really a part of the season, but.
Speaker 3: After what we saw, there was so much hope.
Speaker 1: There and in that stadium. I remember everyone looking at each other like, Hey, this could it could be.
Speaker 4: I think we went up there and Bully to Ray, it was like, these guys could be something.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't know if there were individual moments that stood out to me. There were times when b Rob looked great punishing people in individual plays like that.
Speaker 3: But I mean, it's been a tough season.
Speaker 1: It's hard to come up with these these similar moments where we say, oh, this was the moment. But I guess the overarching thing is at least now we know everyone's still excited, like, al right, it didn't turn out the way we wanted, but we can also.
Speaker 4: Still got a lot to be excited about.
Speaker 1: So we also have a super Bowl matchup coming up eventually. What are your top three super Bowl matchups of all time? You can go back to the beginning, you can go back to recent times. And it's tough because there's some super Bowls are great and then somewhat awful.
Speaker 4: I have been to say, I like to reach back in my childhood. Okay, this is before I was even to Washington football player. I would have to say the best three Super Bowls I've seen had the same exact team and them the Buffalo Bills, because they never got blew out.
Speaker 3: The Bills were great then.
Speaker 4: They always it was always a field goal at the end.
Speaker 2: Even when we beat them, we did not blow them out.
Speaker 3: I think the Cowboys spanked him at least once.
Speaker 2: But for the most part it was very like emotional.
Speaker 4: And then we got to the third and I was like, I just feel sorry for the Bills fans. Like so every Super Bowl that the Bills I felt was a thrill. In Super Bowl I did thoroughly enjoy Patriots Atlanta Falcons, which I didn't think I was gonna enjoyed the battle of Tom Brady and Matt Ryan, but with them going up the way they did, and I could feel Atlanta just partying at halftime, it was already.
Speaker 2: There on it for Tomas Brady to come out here the goat and show.
Speaker 4: You where goats meat. It's better than pork, That's what I'm telling you. So I thought them was very re memborable and I couldn't forget the game itself.
Speaker 2: The Bills.
Speaker 3: It's crazy because I believe the Redskins blew them out. I know the Cowboys Blue Mount once.
Speaker 1: And then they had one game where it's very famous in Bill's history.
Speaker 3: I believe was Scott Norwood her that field against the Giant Giants.
Speaker 1: I had a chance, and everybody put it on him, which isn't necessarily fair. But it's crazy to think about how the history of that franchise in that one moment, and it's never all on one guy. I hate, I kind of hate when people do that. But in that one moment, change there, he could have changed everything for this franchise, Titans Rams. Was it Kevin Dyson was the one tackling him?
Speaker 2: Was it?
Speaker 3: Was it London? My god, I forgot about that.
Speaker 2: London was the one tackling them.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, that was closed. And then I'm trying to think of another one that was good that I remember. Did you say Seahawks Patriots?
Speaker 2: See are you talking about the interception end? Yes?
Speaker 3: Oh they had to do you talking about Marshawn. All you had to do was hand off.
Speaker 1: Everyone on the planet knew it except for Seattle.
Speaker 3: They had it.
Speaker 4: People lost some money, People lost some money on Net one right there because Seattle was in their bag. At this time, they had just won the Super Bowl like this was going to be their second Super Bowl with the Legion of Doom, only to blow it at the goal line.
Speaker 3: Oh my god. So now we're talking about your personal list here?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, best?
Speaker 3: How about best playoff games? You played it?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: I had no games. I only played in one. That's it. I did play for Washington, right, I was at that game.
Speaker 3: How why you played it more than that?
Speaker 2: Washington Seattle?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 2: Seven?
Speaker 3: I was there.
Speaker 4: This was the playoff game, all right. They went to the playoff the year before I got back here. When I went to Minnesota.
Speaker 2: Don't forget. When I went to Minnesota done by this.
Speaker 3: For some reason, I kept thinking he played more than that.
Speaker 2: I played in that Seahawk game and balled out.
Speaker 4: I almost took a couple of people out of the game. It was very emotional game, and we really enjoyed it. Made you have to play out to play. It's very intense in the playoffs. Enjoyed it. But the year that Minnesota tried to put the all star team together, Yeah, they brought in me and Pat Williams and all these jumper and all these guys. So we're pick to win the super Bowl, not go to the playoffs. Win the super Bowl. We get into training camp, they trade Randy Moss. I lose it.
Speaker 2: I'm like, what are y' all trying to do? All right?
Speaker 4: First player of the game, Dante cole Pemper about five this time is the best quarterback I ever had in the league. There was a while there Dante was slinging. Listen, my first game with Dante quarterback. He don't make it out the first quarter. Tears me up.
Speaker 2: I said, fellas is me. I am the jus. I am the guy that was meant never to have a great quarterback. It has to be me.
Speaker 4: But my only time in the playoffs was against the Seattle Sea Hawks, which I think they went on to play in the Super Bowl then, but that was my only playoff time.
Speaker 3: Right there, that was in Seattle.
Speaker 4: In Seattle, and which can get loud, I feel can start to shake in there, like these fans are right on top of you.
Speaker 2: And they're not mean, like like.
Speaker 3: They're good fans. They're good fans.
Speaker 4: Philadelphia fans legitly mean, meaning I have never had a family member go to a game in Philadelphia, nor will I ever. Seattle is loud, but not mean. They're nice, yeah, but they're loud.
Speaker 2: I like that.
Speaker 3: So you're talking about receivers. Randy Moss is one of the best of all time.
Speaker 1: But guys that you matched up against, Steve Smith is maybe one.
Speaker 2: I always give me always, always which.
Speaker 3: Two or three stand out to you?
Speaker 1: And whenever you had to line up across the guy, you were like, oh man, not this dude.
Speaker 2: I had to do my research as I watched, like I'm watching when I.
Speaker 4: Soak up everything. Yeah, and I have to ask myself. Did I play in the golden era of sports football?
Speaker 2: Think about it all right? Instance, Nick Satan, I played against the greatest head coach football college of all time.
Speaker 4: True, I played against him. Bill Belichick, the best head coach in NFL at all time. I played against him. Uh.
Speaker 2: Tom Brady the goat quarterback. I played against him.
Speaker 4: Jared rice Is the gold wide receiver, and Randy number two and Larry Fish Jerald three are whoever?
Speaker 2: I played against? All of the yo t yo? I played against all of them? All right?
Speaker 4: So did I play in the Golden age? Em Smith all time?
Speaker 2: Lean Rush? I played against him?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 2: Who else? Who else? Up there? La Daniy and Thomas played against him? Played against like? Did I play? Okay?
Speaker 4: I played on the team with Deon Sanders, the greatest cornerback of all time.
Speaker 3: It's just Hall of Famer after Hall of Famer after.
Speaker 2: The Hall of Famer Champ Bailey, Bruce Smith.
Speaker 4: Did I play in the Golden Era? If I played against the best quarterback all the time? I play against the best wide receiver all time, play against best running back all time. Larry Allen, to me, is the best officer line at all time. Did I I think I had to play? I played against Ray Lewis Is He's not the best middle linebacker of all time?
Speaker 3: Yes, he buckus? Maybe I mean, but Ray rays right there.
Speaker 4: So what I'm saying is, I think I played in the glory, in the midst of the glory. And this is just not even I'm talking about college football too, because you got realized Charles Woodson and Peyton Manning and ran them up.
Speaker 2: They just leaving college. So I think I can't just pointed.
Speaker 4: One wide receiver. When I played against the Mall, I played against Tim Brown.
Speaker 2: I played against Mall.
Speaker 3: So Tim Brown's underrady. People forget how great he was.
Speaker 2: Do people forget who Mega Tron was? Which is crazy?
Speaker 4: Don't they know they used to put two people out here like a gunner on this dude.
Speaker 2: Dude, well understand it like it's tons of dudes.
Speaker 4: And then you got still got the reggae Wayne and Steve Schmills, Marvin Harrison's of the world. I played against them all, Plexico Burds is of the world. I played against them, Joy Galloway in his prime. Nobody wants to see Dad. All I'm saying is I think I played and I survived in the golden age of NFL and college football. So I won't point out one wide receiver, two whi receiver. I'm talking about them all. Yeah, tons of respect for them. I enjoyed every play with them.
Speaker 1: Oh man, how grateful you are for that, because that's really remarkable to mention all those names.
Speaker 3: You're like, No, I played against all these.
Speaker 4: Dudes against not some of them, right, all these guys, and I played against the coach, like the coach is coward. I got to be coached by coach Gibbs, going against Belichick, I played against Parcels. I played against them all like so it's crazy. So it's it's so different. That's why I is. I had to ex myself, did I did I play in the golden name?
Speaker 2: Because I did. If you're gonna go off of greatest of all time.
Speaker 1: On no question, and you really have to be right there in that sweet spot to get some guys early in their careers and some guys in the peak, and some guys lay yeah, man, let's face some bills.
Speaker 3: They were can play a game. We get a game coming up for you.
Speaker 2: All right, let me speak.
Speaker 3: On Honda for a moment. You gotta feel the power of the CRV Hybrid and the Court Hybrid, Honda's most electrified vehicles yet.
Speaker 1: Find adventure in one of Honda's rugged SUVs and trucks like the Pilot.
Speaker 3: Trail Sports Handa's most rugged suv ever.
Speaker 1: Or experienced the thrilling performance of the fund to Drive Honda Civic with an available turbo charged engine.
Speaker 3: Get power, performance, ruggedness with Honda. Find the Honda perfect for you. See your local Honda dealer today. And our friends.
Speaker 1: At RTS Recycle Track Systems transforming the way commercial businesses and communities manage waste and recycling.
Speaker 3: They combine the power of AI.
Speaker 1: With premium customer service to optimize waste pickup schedules, ensuring timely and efficient collections to keep our neighborhoods cleaner and greener. Visit RTS dot com learn more about how they can help your business manage waste more responsibly.
Speaker 3: It's gay time. It is so you know this game. You can call it whatever you want.
Speaker 1: Hannah Headman is a name. There is an act out charades. So Anna has.
Speaker 3: Does great job producing our show.
Speaker 1: She's gonna bring up these note cards and then we're gonna place these cards on our respective heads and we're gonna try to guess what is written on these cards.
Speaker 3: So if you're listening, you can play a long I.
Speaker 2: Thought about it. If I put it on my head, can't you see it?
Speaker 3: Can't look at the camera, y'all look at me.
Speaker 2: We will see.
Speaker 3: Okay. See, Annah's gonna bring these up.
Speaker 4: A few moments later, I thought we're gonna put them and put them right there.
Speaker 5: Okay, I'm joining month.
Speaker 2: Let's get it done, alrighty okay.
Speaker 3: Do I need to explain this again? Ah?
Speaker 5: No, I think I think you did a good job. Okay, I'll introduce myself. Hello everybody, I'm producer of the show. I made piano on everything. But I guess we can get started. I threw in cards to throw you guys off.
Speaker 2: You want to go first? You go here? We go? All right?
Speaker 3: All three at once? No, just one, one and then we'll switch to the other.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, just one first.
Speaker 3: I can't see this.
Speaker 2: You cannot see this.
Speaker 3: I have no idea what this.
Speaker 2: Is, and you don't.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm ready.
Speaker 2: All right, check this out.
Speaker 3: Bubbles blowing bubbles?
Speaker 2: Check this out? No, no, but you gotta keep it out. What bubbles? A champ? No? No? What's his last name? Bubbles Jackson? What I'm talking about? Okay? Okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 1: Boxer uh huh, talker, Mohammad leap mm hmm.
Speaker 2: You gotta use words to describe frid. I realized that it works, all right, okay. Uh the goat played the same position.
Speaker 1: I play Dean s Andrews you bam.
Speaker 3: I don't know how he would have done bubbles that chi when it works, but I got it right now.
Speaker 1: It's like slow bubbles, right, okay, okay, Well, okay, was upside down.
Speaker 3: That's all right, that's right, okay, Okay. He's also a cornerback. He's a friend of yours. You buy him gift cards?
Speaker 2: Shun springs, you got it?
Speaker 3: What is this? I don't know what this is. That was I don't know what this is.
Speaker 2: Pass pass.
Speaker 3: Let me tell you something, brother, what are you gonna do macho mayn randas No I sound like macho.
Speaker 1: Come on, Rick Flairer No no, no, oh uh uh uh he body slammed andreated giant hold.
Speaker 2: Yes. Can we go back to this.
Speaker 3: We need astory for this last. I have no idea what this is.
Speaker 5: I have no idea either.
Speaker 3: Oh I don't know, Anna doesn't know.
Speaker 2: How you tell me? Okay?
Speaker 1: Okay, uh god, okay, this this this floats to a light a mouth. Okay, and then remember the character in the eighties, not he man, but she.
Speaker 2: Martha. Yes, what is that? That's that's the that's uh, what's the name of Godzilla? We still got it.
Speaker 4: That's the that's the mouth that flew to Godzilla and sprinkling the pixie dusts on.
Speaker 2: And and bring him back to light. Oh my god, Godzilla and Martha Date.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, yeah, no idea, Well, we still got it.
Speaker 1: Listen, good job, man, all right, I was getting stressed out.
Speaker 2: It's a stress for right.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna be like that guy's real dumb. I'm gonna get that at all.
Speaker 2: Now I'm blowing.
Speaker 4: I'm going with Bubbles Jackson like I'm jacking the car. Listen, Get Loud podcast is brought to you by Bet three sixty five, the official sports ben partner of the Washington Commander's bet on a range NFL markets. With Bet three sixty five app, craft your own personalized bet slip with parlays excess thousands of games with live screaming, Place your bets before the match, are doing the game, It's up to you. Download Bet three sixty five app today. Join eighty million members worldwide, age twenty one plus only. Must be physically located in Virginia. Gambling problem called it Text one eight hundred gambler mwaa. We don't travel to escape life. We travel so life don't escape us. Dream of any place, anywhere in the world, and in the blinker eye, we're there. That's the wonder of flight. All you have to do is decide where to Dulles International Airport. Let your imagination, book your adventure today at fly Dullies dot com.
Speaker 2: Slash NonStop beautiful, marthra.
Speaker 1: Real really, man, really, we got Sean Springs, we got bubbles and chip ye, we got bubbles.
Speaker 2: Jackson and Marthor and mar Thor. Come on, man, come.
Speaker 3: On now, you know we're gonna hear some reactions like that.
Speaker 7: Come draft time, like, come on, every nobody's nobody's ever nobody happy, and the people that are usually happy, they don't get what they want five years later end up stinking.
Speaker 4: You're usually like people are with the twenty seventh pick, we picked Tim t Boat. No, then they pick a guy like Tannah New York. JE don't know what the guy who is gone. The draft is a lottery. It's a crap shoot jimp. Because we were good at college, don't make us great pros.
Speaker 2: And everybody think, yeah, we're gonna fix.
Speaker 4: Ourselves through through the draft. Don't you know if you draft seven players, on the average of two of them will be on your team in three years, two years. I'm just saying it's one of those things where just take it. I like the un sexy picks when they be like with this pick, would take Chris Samuel.
Speaker 2: Everybody quiet, he only gonna be your star ward for ten years, right, So sometime it ain't.
Speaker 4: And I know how everybody feel it now because quarterback is the.
Speaker 3: Sexy pick always.
Speaker 4: It's the wide receiver too, quarterback of wide receiver down, so sexy picks.
Speaker 2: I can't believe we got him. Be off the chain.
Speaker 4: Quarterback goes out there and he's Nate Peterman. So just like like the forty nine, just like the forty nine, is draft Rock Party, mister relevant, last pick of the draft.
Speaker 2: He's a pro bowler.
Speaker 3: They spend all their capital trying to get Trey Lance trans'bacco.
Speaker 2: Trailer Lands ain't played a snap of football the go.
Speaker 4: That's what the draft he is Jinx, It's it's no really educated way to get it done. You take the players that's available, take the one you want, and you move on.
Speaker 1: So the Bears have the number one pick, the commander's number two. If you're the Bears, are you gonna keep Justin Fields? Are you leaving him behind and moving on to someone.
Speaker 3: Like Kyler Williams.
Speaker 4: Okay, this is if I'm the GM at the Bears. Okay, I know Justin Fields can play. The question is how much money do I want to pay him? Good question, do I want to pay him market value? Which is I do I want to say he'll go Justin Fields?
Speaker 2: Deal?
Speaker 4: So we can have some put some people around you, because if you let me give you the right deal, I can also draft Martin Harrison, and I could draft Rock Boers, getting you a tight end and a wide receiver, and it allows me to sign in the office alignment I need for you justin I can start this thing over, push the reset butt and playing in Soldier field coming off of Lake Michigan. Will Kayler Williams be effective in that type weather Will Drake may be better standing six four two ten I mean two twenty taller frame. So the question is are you ready to push the RECP clock or not? And I think they will. The question is who are they going to get, because whoever they get, we get.
Speaker 2: The other person.
Speaker 4: Unless we get on the phone with Chicago and say how much it gonna cost me to move up one pick?
Speaker 3: And it will cost Well, think about it.
Speaker 2: What wouldn't you give?
Speaker 4: Would you give your the number two pick and one of your second round picks to move up one?
Speaker 1: I don't know you can, but you you better believe that there is a significant difference between Williams and May and I'm not quite convinced that there is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's just me.
Speaker 4: Everybody like Jane Daniels all of a sudden, Yeah, that's true that I feel like you r G four, But they like him. I think he's big. I think he got some game to them. But if I ever had a guy that I was like, I'm high on in one day and I'm unsure the next, it's Jane Daniens. So, like you said, if it's not a big difference in these guys, why move right state put are some people telling me, smooth man, I trade down, get both knicks, and I was like, no, that's Zach Wilson the third.
Speaker 2: I'm not doing it.
Speaker 4: Now because I always had to ask myself, especially about these these quarterbacks the last couple of drafts ever since COVID. You know how he was on campus and that dude graduated two years ago. He refused to leave campus, hangs out, throws all the best parties, and we wonder why he never go to class when he actually graduated three years ago.
Speaker 2: Well, both Nix's did guy. Both Nix's the old dude on campus.
Speaker 4: And now I can't be giving you all the prosse Bowt Nicks because you beating up on kids in college.
Speaker 2: Like Appendix not of.
Speaker 3: The same way started Indiana. He's had what four surgeries.
Speaker 4: So it's all of these guys got something. So I'm eager to see what they do. And I think because we do got those two second round picks. We're not in a hurry to move around for what take the dude that's think about this. Carolina Panthers took Bryce Young Texans just sit there and waited, took CJ. Scrodd with the next big Do you think they happy about that?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, they're gonna be dying.
Speaker 4: They're two different players right now in which I don't want to and it's it's not over.
Speaker 3: It's it's not over.
Speaker 2: But come on, one is six ' four like some stuff.
Speaker 4: Just like that's the one thing I hate about to dram They are not looking for reasons to draft you.
Speaker 2: They looking for reasons why not to draft you.
Speaker 4: That's right, Like they're looking for flaws and they're looking for anything they could think of. And the only flower they had on cjscrad was here, Ohio state quarterback.
Speaker 2: What they gotta do with me?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: What do these other dudes that I never meant have.
Speaker 1: To do with me? School doesn't have anything to do with unless you've all been developed by one guy who.
Speaker 3: And that's even even that sort of a stretch.
Speaker 4: Were USC had a stretch for a second where they would have these high drafted quarterbacks and they would stink. Carson Palmer didn't, but Matt Lioner and you know how everything went with that.
Speaker 2: So it's certain schools that I'd be like, I.
Speaker 4: Understand what you're saying. I don't want your quarterback from there. Like it just never seems to pan out, It never seems to work. I felt that way about Pinchtate running backs before Saint Quon Barklay all right, so they.
Speaker 3: Had a lot of running backs and never did anything.
Speaker 2: Curtis enis all of them.
Speaker 4: Johnny Carter I played with j did you I had a Washington team that had four number one picks on it? Big j Wickerson, Okay, Bruce Smith, Ka, Johnna Carter, Jeff George.
Speaker 2: Oh, Jeff George, Jeffrey George. I love the sheriff.
Speaker 4: If you want to know somebody that did everything their own way, yeah, Jeff George, Oh yeah, Jeff George is when I say uber talented, he is armed. There was no questioning the armstream uber talented. Boy did Jeff do?
Speaker 2: Jeff? Jeff did? Jeff? But I had four number one picks for a different draft.
Speaker 3: One team wasn't am I not saying this. Blair Thomas didn't he go to Penn State Blaiir Thomas.
Speaker 4: They had a run where none of them did well in the league.
Speaker 3: That's true. It was a stigma for a long time.
Speaker 4: A long time I was like, I don't want that, And for a long time I didn't want to take a Florida wide receiver. They were great in college. Would get in the league, We'll fizzle out. So it's like some schools have the thing about them.
Speaker 3: Number three hatreds sitting there, would you look at the quarterback or have to do you think?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 3: What do you do if if?
Speaker 1: Because I think the most can't miss talent, which I think is pretty commonist Marvin right, like he's.
Speaker 2: Going to be nobody to throw him the ball. He's just there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right, So it doesn't matter anyway, Like this is a very deep wide receiver draft, never his deep at quarterback. So the question is third quarterback? Is the third quarterback James Daniel because I'm sure they'll love to hell.
Speaker 2: Him at three?
Speaker 4: So I think, indeed, you gotta realize they finish it. They got a new head coach, Yep, he.
Speaker 2: Gonna want a fresh store with his new quarterback.
Speaker 4: He gonna feel like I can find wide receivers in the third, four, fifth, sixth round. I can't find Jayde Daniels in that round. They have to go quarterback, and we see this area first pick, second, third, I'll go quarterback unless a tackle gets in their offensive lineman.
Speaker 1: So hypothetically, let me ask you this. There is most people would say, I don't I'm not.
Speaker 3: A draft coreup.
Speaker 1: But there is a drop off after the first two quarterbacks, right Kayley Williams, Drake May and then there's a drop off and then you have maybe like Jayde and Daniels.
Speaker 3: If there's a drop off.
Speaker 1: I don't think of that much though, Okay, and I think that's the main question, right, because if you think there's a drop off, you might say, we gotta.
Speaker 3: Get this Harrison kid. He can't miss.
Speaker 1: If you don't believe there's a drop off, then you say, well, listen, we gotta have a quarterback.
Speaker 4: Some people are saying, oh, Daisy the wide receiver for DNA. Yeah, they saying he better than Marmon Harrison. There's some people that say, yeah, that's true, so they saying he more polished. So at the end of the day, apples and oranges what you want. The one thing that people realize quickly in the draft, you can't draft everybody.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I love Brock Bowers.
Speaker 4: I think he's gonna be a star, oh my god. But I know we just can't get him in a quarterback. Yes, Like it's gonna be hard to get that done. So you gotta watch who you fall in love with. So now I watch you, boy Sanders tight end from Texas. We can get get Caleb and we can get Sanders one of the second round picks. Why you get a tackle with one of the other second round picks. So it's ways to get things done. You just might not fall with the guy you're in love with.
Speaker 1: Do you ever buy into the idea that you should only draft a position so high, like.
Speaker 3: Rock Bowers can go top five? Yeah, but or do you say that's high for a tight end.
Speaker 4: I can't take him number two, right, And I can only take him that high if I got a quarterback, like if he's the missing piece for a team that just happened to me. Like if I'm Chicago and I got all these high draft picks and I can walk out of here keeping just the fields and have Marvin Harrison and Rock Bows, I want the.
Speaker 2: Draft right, I don't need nothing else.
Speaker 4: I have just won the drafty, So it depends on where you're at as a team to tell me who you're gonna draft and where where.
Speaker 3: Do you stand on the whole argument. And we hear this every single year.
Speaker 2: Do you go with.
Speaker 3: Feeling a need or best player of ass player available?
Speaker 4: It's tight when you got a roster like ours, we feel it needs. Okay, now we ain't got the change. We ain't we ain't got the luxury of best player available. We have to feel so many whole that. He's like, no, we need we need an end, we need a tight end, we need a quarterback, we need this. We have to address these things. Luckily we have free agents, so we can in eighty million dollars cash to speak. Yeah, so we can address some of this before the dreil.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's gonna be exciting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is.
Speaker 3: We're gonna pay some more bills. And I'm gonna ask you about music because I know you love music. You have a history music that I want to know more about it. Folks, Let's talk about Honda.
Speaker 1: Feel the power of the CRV hybrid and at cord hybrid, Honda's most electrofic vehicles yet, find adventure one of Honda's rugged SUVs and trucks like the Pilot Trail Sport, Honda's most rugged suv ever. Or experience the thrilling performance of the fun to drive Honda Civic with an available turbo charged engine. If you wanted power, performance and ruggedness only with Honda, find the Honda perfect for you.
Speaker 3: See your local Honda dealer today and guys, come on, look at the screen.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's seeky.
Speaker 3: Bit, it is.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, the official ticketing partner of the Washington Commanders. The deal is finalized.
Speaker 3: They are part of the family. If you haven't heard the.
Speaker 1: Name yet, get used to it because you will continue to hear about our friends from SIG. Whether you're buying or selling tickets to Commander's tickets are really any live event in the d m V seat, Geek is.
Speaker 3: The place to do it. The new official ticketing partner of the Washington Commanders. So Commanders, fans.
Speaker 2: And fan yes, get your fan on.
Speaker 1: When I had my face stuff that delicious cookie that you made, and we were watching that video of Ocho Cinco out in Vegas promoting the Super Bowl in Vegas free signing so terrible.
Speaker 3: It was, well, it was his first line.
Speaker 4: When when when when dud?
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, the other dude. I don't know who that dude was, but Pace.
Speaker 1: So you you had a history where you were involved in some Yeah, I would.
Speaker 4: Listen the South and music goes together and he go to he go to thing. Every rapper want to be an athlete. Every athlete wants to be a rap.
Speaker 3: Pretty Master Feed tried for the NBA at one time.
Speaker 2: He made the team.
Speaker 3: Did he make the team?
Speaker 2: Made the rapt.
Speaker 3: Preseason though, like.
Speaker 2: No, he made the team? He yes, he did.
Speaker 4: So it's this thing, this love affair, because music is a port of sports, and sports is a port of music, so we want to beat each other so bad.
Speaker 2: So I've always dabbed the music.
Speaker 4: When I first got here, of course, while they was real young and he was just finishing football while they used to play cornerback, so we had that in coming. Then we were like, man, I'm wanna be a rapper. So then we started kicking it. He had his first video, I was in his first all his first videos and stuff. So because I just hang out in the studio together all the time, so then I end up me my homeboy from Atlanta who he was a writer okay and a producer, so I got him to start writing and producing some tracks for while. They and Rick Nice and that's how I developed into too music. Yeah, it started to put me into the music right there. So I enjoyed that. And plus, when you an athlete, we hang around model the time, so we got like relationships with them. And then when I lived in Atlanta, I used to like walk down the screen and everybody thought I would ludicrous because of how I look. Yeah you got yeah, yeah, yeah, they'd be like lutling. I'd be like wait, yeah, like.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: So it's it's a marriage there, and it's the mvy there with both sides for sure, Yeah, both sides.
Speaker 3: Man, when I was in high school, had a buddy.
Speaker 1: In mind and he signed a contract with I believe it was Decca Records at the time in Nashville, and he had now come out and had one song break top forty. And we wrote a handful of songs together. And now I can't play music, but our musical instrument like I was right, And we wrote one song together and then used another guy from Nashville and we got the word back. Back in the late nineties, Jimmy Buffett is considering your song as the final track on his album. It was called Ain't No Lonely Like You Leaving. It's very much a Jimmy Bubbins song. And we waited, were like, oh my god, likes he considered me and I'm a high school kid.
Speaker 3: I'm like, I co wrote this song. We rich and then we can't We got the word like too much later, Jimmy's gonna write his own song.
Speaker 2: They were like, he probably like stole y'all.
Speaker 3: It was probably much better.
Speaker 2: He probably the basis I know he's like, I like.
Speaker 3: This, I don't like these lines.
Speaker 1: Let me time, bro, Jimmy to come in and make some money.
Speaker 4: I'm not gonna use the song. You can have it back, gave it back, but then it had to be thrilling. It was thrilling just the thought of it. And actually the creative process, if you love music, nothing like it is the best because it's like a cook and the stew, like everybody's putting their input in and take this out, and take this out, and put this in, put this in, and this how to this, How the sausage is made.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: To me, there's nothing like and I don't have a ton of experience, but when you're trying to find the right way to convey a thought, and it's sometimes it's just the right word, the right turn of phrase, and it can change everything.
Speaker 4: And this what makes it so exciting, and this would make music is living poetry.
Speaker 2: That's what it is. I love it.
Speaker 4: It changes moods. I hear the right song and it changed my mood instantly.
Speaker 3: You're playing that song for me because I love when I hear a song.
Speaker 1: I never stream. I mean I stream, But what I'm saying is if I hear a song I like, I always buy it. Yeah, always buy it. I research it, I go into the software and I put in the songwriters like I love to end up making the connections right.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Because you were playing that one song for me, I was like, that's a good song. But it was like an R and B jam from like the early two thousands, and I was reading about this group and what happened to them, and so I love that kind of stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So what do you do now as an outlet since you were involved in that.
Speaker 4: Well, I still like everybody rides in freestyles in their college.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, right, song come.
Speaker 4: In and everybody sings in the shower. I love old like like the music I'm listen to now Ortis is about the name of Christione.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 4: His music sound like he's from the seventies, but he's making it now.
Speaker 2: So I love oh the music.
Speaker 4: Like And they say, once you make it to a point where your music palette don't accept new music, you officially old.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 4: And I have made it to a point where even with hip hop, I love hip hop. I don't know none of the new artists. My kids had to tear all the time. Who people are, I wouldn't know him if I was standing beside. That tells me you've made it to that point you are old. And I enjoy old school Pebbles.
Speaker 3: All of it, did you?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Hey, that was no joke. Tell me I love it all.
Speaker 4: So I get to jamis like if you see a friend smoth paylist, you be like this dude, right, here's just all over the place, Like I have no rhyme or reason to why Elton John and Yellow Brick Road just went off and Pebbles just came home.
Speaker 2: I just I like who I like?
Speaker 3: Yeah, what always.
Speaker 1: This is how I know I'm old When the song will come on and like my girlfriend and a friend, Oh I love this song, Like, yeah, I loved it twenty years ago when it first came out by the original artist.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you've never heard it and so you're like, oh, it is so good. I'm like, I know it's good.
Speaker 2: Let me play for you the original, you know.
Speaker 4: And that mean a song is good if it's been remade timeless time the song.
Speaker 2: So hey, listen, put me some Rik James in there, you know, whatever I need at the time. I'm on jamming.
Speaker 1: Well, hopefully when the draft comes we'll be singing the praises of the commanders in Detroit.
Speaker 2: Are you gonna be there Motown? Oh no, definitely that's friend's mood.
Speaker 3: I'm Michael Jenkins. It is the Get Loud Podcast presented by Sea Gig.
Speaker 2: You guys have a great week, Bubbles Tacks.
Speaker 1: The views and opinions expressed by our podcast guests and or hosts are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views or positions of the Washington Commanders or any of their representatives.