Speaker 1: The following.
Speaker 2: He's a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 3: Cowboys.
Speaker 2: This is Girls Talk Boys Talk presented by Jigsaw Dating, preferred dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys, and broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World headquarters at the Star.
Speaker 4: Now your host, Nicole Hutchinson, Welcome in.
Speaker 5: To Girls Talk Boys Talk, presented by Jig Saw, the preferred dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys. Right here in the SWBC studio, I'm Nicole Hedg sit alongside Christy Scales and Bonnie Joe Laughlin. Ladies, Hi, y'all doing today?
Speaker 3: I feel good. I'm sure you guys already talked about it yesterday, but I mean, I know it's too I should say, kind of two bad teams, but I'll take that win because it's something for them to build upon. And we, you know, we're able to see that we could off the run because I did think singletarys have a big day and he didn't, you know, and then obviously trying to establish our run a little bit wreco impressed me. I still would like to get over one hundred yards rushing at some point. I think we got like one O two, maybe Cleveland week one, but you know, and Zeke did a little bit, so I was happy. And I think CD's got his rhythm and Dak looked great. He was very efficient, So I was happy.
Speaker 5: And we didn't get a chance to hear I know, we're going to talk more of the DeMarcus Lawrence.
Speaker 3: News and yeah, that's the only thing. Though, when you lose those two guys, it's like, gosh, I mean, I obviously you take a dub all day long, but when you lose those two guys, sure did it give.
Speaker 6: You a little hope though?
Speaker 5: That win from the Giants did give you more hope heading into week five?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 3: Absolutely, And I think it gives these rookie guys confidence. And we all know how much you know, this is the NFL, so any given Sunday, you know, so any given Thursday night. So it just it was something where I thought, Okay, we could start to see some flashes of what's the potential. And I was happy with it. I know, again, it's a giant, just like we talked about the Browns. But I'm gonna take it because at this point, you any any opponent is a good opponent right now.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that was one of the themes yesterday. Is a W is a W? You don't get extra credit for winning pretty or right? You know you you.
Speaker 3: You're in the wing column and you know, and it's a division win, so you know, I'm happy with that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't know about the Giants being the Giants, so we can't say that anymore because they didn't look too bad. They left some touchdowns off the field that could have been a whole different game.
Speaker 3: And that's why I like is that they held the actually to just field goal, five field goals and no touchdowns, So that was that was good.
Speaker 6: Yeah, And the thing that everyone was harping on going into that game was improving the run defense and you mentioned singletary and shoot, when you allow only one point one yards per.
Speaker 3: Twenty six yards total, yeah.
Speaker 6: That's just an amazing, uh you know, way to finish. And actually I say finish, you take it, move forward and build upon exactly.
Speaker 3: And you were there. How was that? And I'm sure you talked about yesterday, but was it? How is the energy?
Speaker 6: Yeah? It was good. There were a lot of Cowboy fans there. There always are when we play in New York, and so yeah, the Giants hung in there pretty much, but yeah, by the end it was just the Cowboys fans that were left behind the visiting bench. So that's always sweet.
Speaker 5: It's always sweet to see this run defense taking steps in the red. Yes, as well, when you talk about the unfortunate news of DeMarcus Lawrence and Michael Parsons, they will be missing some time. DeMarcus Lawrence officially being placed on ir and so that means that he will be out for about four weeks, could possibly miss some more time with that midfoot injury. But the Cowboys have signed kJ Henry defensive end who was on the Bengals practice squad. First thoughts on what Henry brings that other guys in that defensive end position in the Cowboys does not bring.
Speaker 6: Played a really good program at Clemson and was a fifth round pick of Washington last year and got quite a bit of playing time for a fifth round pick, over two hundred snaps on defense and played in ten games. And here's the main thing. In Washington last year, his position coach was Jeff Scanina, who was the new Cowboys defensive line coach. So there is product knowledge here and so Jeff knows exactly what to expect from kJ as he comes in. But you know, if you look at the stat line, look beyond the sacks one and a half sacks, but also six quarterback hits, four tackles for loss, nine pressures, pretty good against the run as well. Overall, nineteen tackles. So that's a pretty good stat line in just ten games. So what happened was, after that rookie year in Washington, you go through the off season, get to training camp. Washington releases him at the end of training camp and wants to sign him back to the practice squad. But because he's a young guy, he's on waivers. And actually one thing I heard was that the Cowboys were considering claiming him off waivers, but Cincinnati got him, and so Cincinnati signed him to their fifty three men. He played a couple games, so he got reverted to the practice squad and the Cowboys plucked him from the practice squad. So to me, the main thing is the coaching staff. There's already you know, some as I say, product knowledge, but a better feel of exactly what he can do and how they think he can contribute.
Speaker 5: Another thing I like is that he can contribute on special teams.
Speaker 3: Exactly good point.
Speaker 5: In twenty twenty three, he played three hundred and forty seven total snaps. Of course, seventy eight were special teams, not as much as his defensive snaps. But you love, of course Bones Fossils. John Fossil is also going to be very happy about an extra body, an extra blocker on special teams as well. But what did you think about kJ Henry and the new signing? What do you feel?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I actually know one of the Bengals scouts and so he actually gave me a little bit of skyt report on him, and he said he's talented athletic, and he said he really moves his hips well, Christy so gets him off that corner really well, which I thought was you know, and he's got a lot of upside. You know, he's that that cross chop movie told me about, and he's got you know, springing outside linebacker. So you know, they they all said they loved him, so that's you know, it's actually a huge loss for them because they are hoping to elevate him at some point. So for us to grab him, they said it's a win win, So I thought that was great.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he looks like kind of one of these taller, thinner guys, you know, so kind of off the edge.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly so, but are athletic.
Speaker 6: Yeah. But he also put up some decent, you know stats against the run the previous year in Washington, so hopefully he can hold that up, because you know that's one thing with Marshawn Nelan, the rookie who's going to come in and be one of the starters now with both Micah and Dee Law Michah missing hopefully not too much time, but you know, he's a good player against the run, so you don't want that drop off to where it's a guy who's like just a pastor exactly.
Speaker 5: And you mentioned Marshaw Neeland. So that's now two young guys within this defensive end room. That's a lot of youth. I don't know, are you guys confident with that? I mean, you really don't have a choice.
Speaker 6: Second, yeah, the confident. We haven't really seen him. I mean I recognized the name just from preparing for the Commanders last year, but other than just the recognition of the name, I couldn't tell you any more about it. That's why Bonnie Jill, I'm glad you're able to talk to your friend who's the scalp, because that's some good stoke.
Speaker 3: It was all pretty upside, which was good. The fact that he said that we would wanted to elevate him at some point like that was there waiting and then for us to grab him that they were upset about that. So good job of the Cowboys for doing that for sure.
Speaker 5: With the state of this defensive line, I know it pains me to even think about it, with these losses, is there any concern heading in? I mean, because now you're putting your faith in I mean Marshall Neeland. Don't get me wrong. He has improved as a pastor.
Speaker 3: He definitely has of the last couple of weeks, and the coaches love him.
Speaker 5: They said they love him, and he's more confident. You can see it in his play. But now you're having to rely on Carl Lawson and Chauncey Golden, who again has improved as well. But with the amount of snaps that they have not played, is there any concern of what the production looks like for them?
Speaker 6: Well, I'd like to share something that Mike Tomlin, the Steelers head coach, said today in his press conference, and it goes to what we were talking about yesterday on this podcast. We were saying that Mike McCarthy had alluded to it. When you lose a Michaeh. Parsons, when you lose a DeMarcus Lawrence, two of the best at their position in the game, uh and Micah one of the top two or three pass rushers. It's not a one for one exchange. You're not Chauncey Goldstin and nieland are not replacing Micah and d law because nobody can. So we were talking about how Zimmer's gonna have to, you know, do some things and scheme it up. So let's hear what Mike Tomlin had to say about that today. Mike Zimmer is no novice. He's been around, We've competed against him over the years. I've got a lot of respect for his approach to ball, his aggressive schematic demeanor. He's one of the godfathers of double A pressure. Double A. That means the pressure, the blitzing up the middle, pressuring the quarterback up the gap on each side of the center in one dimensional passing moments. I've seen it in Cincinnati. So Tomlin used to go against Zimmer twice a year when Zimmer was the defensive coordinator for the Cincinnati Bengals. You know, we better prepare ourselves for multiple blitz looks and so forth. I'd imagine that he's going to have all the schematic tools at his disposal in terms of creating pressure on the quarterback, particularly maybe with his edge guys out. You do what you've got to do from a coach's perspective, And I use this phrase all the time. If you've got red paint, you paint your barn red. And so with those dynamic edge people like Lawrence and maybe even Parsons out, we better get ready for a lot of schematic pressure from Zimmer.
Speaker 5: I'm not gonna lie. Can you the red paint?
Speaker 6: Say it again?
Speaker 5: And cool?
Speaker 3: I love that.
Speaker 6: Okay, So this is Mike Tomlin. I use the phrase all the time. If you've got red paint, you paint your barn red. In other words, using using using the players, like the way using players the way that you know, playing to their strengths, right, And if you're without two dynamic edge pass rushers, which they are, how do you compensate for that? So we were saying, do you send demo on some things? Uh, you know, blitz over shown to you used Jordan Lewis off the as off the nickel is you know, blitzing from that so and it doesn't mean crazy things, it means mixing it up. And you know, Chauncey Goldston is a guy who the previous couple of years was uh most of the time when he came in, it was in a nickel pass rush situation, and so instead of rushing from defensive end, they would move him to the inside and he would pass rush from the inside. Well, now he's more likely to pass rush from the outside. I mean, he could still move inside and you have lost In and Kneeland out side. You can move mare Shaan around too. But you know, I just think we're gonna see multiple things Kay.
Speaker 3: And goldsend with his lengthen size, don't you agree, good against the run from what I've seen so far.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, he plays better off the edge too. I love that Zimmer wanted to try him out. I mean, obviously he played defensive end before, but when they moved him into the nterior, I like the fact that Zimmer wants to give him more opportunities off the edge.
Speaker 3: I feel like he's a great pass.
Speaker 6: Usher as well, yeah, we'll see you see a lot. And the other thing, Bonnie Joe we were talking about yesterday is this is Chauncey's fourth year, right the final year of his Rooky contract. So with this opportunity, it is a golden opportunity for him to contracts and really make Hay and your contract here.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's gonna be a lot of fun to see.
Speaker 3: It should be to see what we would see these guys and what Zim does, Yes.
Speaker 5: For sure, and it's gonna be a lot of fun to see what this offense does on the side of the ball. We're gonna switch gears coming up in the next break, so stick with us. Right here on Girls Talk Boys Stop presented by Jigsaw, but the third dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys will be very back.
Speaker 7: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black, and right now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order. Plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy, whipball, make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip.
Speaker 8: We know that juicy, cheesy, grilled to perfection burger sounds amazing, but it does sound like something is missing.
Speaker 3: Pepsi baby the yin to this burger's yang.
Speaker 8: Burgers and pepsi go together like well, like burgers and pepsi. This perfect blending of flavors makes every bite of lettuce, every sesame seed on the bun, and every sip of that crisp refreshing ice cold coola a journey to footopia.
Speaker 6: Burgers better with pepsi.
Speaker 3: That's what I like.
Speaker 1: At Jigsaw Dating, we obviously want the Cowboys to bring that sixth ring home, but to be honest, we're more focused on finding the person who will put a ring on your finger. That's why we created a dating app that reveals your face through meaningful conversation so you can date deeper, because it's personality that matters the most, not looks. Join Jigsaw Dating Today, Dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 9: The Dickey Family always mandated that the only police style sausage worthy of their restaurant must have high quality coarse ground beef and port rich spices and fresh natural casings. We still serve it to this day and it's so popular. Dickey's Sausage has been named the official sausage of the Dallas Cowboys. The perfect matchup on game day Dickie's Barbecue Pit No one out smokes us. Order at Dickey's dot com for groups called eight sixty six. Barber Cue gives on the ribs.
Speaker 3: Okay, Cowboys fans, It's Rally Days. Head to AT and T Stadiums inside hips to experience Rally Day presented by zee Geek on Saturday, October twelfth from ten am to two pm. Get ready to cheer on your Dallas Cowboys. With tours of AT and T Stadium, autographs from the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders, ticket giveaways, games, and more. Visit attstadium dot com slash Rally Days to get your tickets today.
Speaker 5: I see what she did there.
Speaker 3: Yes, changed. It just makes fun of me for saying, all right, all right, alright, alright.
Speaker 5: It is okay, all right, ladies, this offense so far Finally getting some production there with Rico Dawdle. Love to see him get his first touchdown of the year, and CD Lamb as well against the Giants. What did y'all like from this offense? We'll start with likes first and then we'll move to dislikes. What did you like?
Speaker 6: Christ Jack had his best game of the year by far for twenty seven. Yeah, and it looks like the connection to CD, which the first few weeks was you could tell.
Speaker 3: Was a little dicey, which I could be back and.
Speaker 6: A little more efficient with the run. But again, you know it's it's the same thing from the previous couple of weeks. You've got to cut down on the penalties, yes I am. Yeah, yeah, so still shooting yourself in the foot a bit, but major improvement. But particularly with Dak, it was he was outstanding.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I like how active he was, and I really like how he spread the ball around, you know, that was really impressive. And third down and red zone penalties, I mean that'll just kill a drive. You'll know that. So that's really frustrating to see that. But yeah, thirty percent on third down conversions, Yeah, yes, that's it's got to be better.
Speaker 6: It's you're going to be that in the mid forties or higher. And absolutely yeah, and that's beyond.
Speaker 3: Sorry after absolutely so I said that, then I looked, try to Christy.
Speaker 6: We're joking because we have these verbal crutches. You call it when you use the same words over and over and absolutely as mine. Absolutely so. Now the thing is now that you're four games in, it is what Mike McCarthy says with September fiftell you are kind of like showing you. But now at this point you're showing who you are, and so what we've seen so far we don't like. And you cannot get through a season with a third down conversion percentage in the low thirties. That's just not going to cut it. And part of that goes to the run game and not getting in the rhythm or established. And I thought the run game has been better the last couple of weeks, but then you move behind the chains with those penalties. So it goes back to this team. And I'm sorry, three years into girls talk, boys talk say the same thing every time, absolutely, and that is the team's not just Cowboys, but across the NFL. You're not good enough to beat yourselves if you beat yourselves. It's hard enough to beat the opponent when you're seeing yourself as well. You just can't. It's teams just can't overcome that in this league because the margins are so small.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I was glad though, to see a little bit more of the run game kind of, you know, because we all know if you don't have a good run game, you know, you don't win games at the end of the day, and that's something that's always been concerning. Get that pressure off deck. So I'm hoping as the weeks go on, they're kind of kinking out right, they're ironing out all those kinks, and hopefully we'll figure it out this week even more because I did see an upside, definitely for sure.
Speaker 5: I like the fact that the run game improved only eighty yards on the ground, but they didn't see I'll take it better than what they had the week prior, but when it didn't work. I like how McCarthy used douce Van in space, made sure to get Rico Dadell out there in space, because hey, rico'dad's touchdown was actually a receiving touchdown, so you know, he's trying these different ways. The screenplays getting running backs involved in the screen game. I thought that was actually a different thing. I mean, that was kind of what they used earlier in the season last year, until they started getting more confident in driving the ball downfield.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 5: Were y'all confident in the play calling? Y'all like the play calling at all?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 5: Could there have been a different way?
Speaker 6: But I did you know? Part of it was again, here's so many, so many penalties in the game that there was really no flow. Sure, and we have not seen the Cowboys offense yet.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, we don't even know. Yeah, Hunter Lukie Can mentioned him as well because he really impressed me, and I feel like listening to often the Corodinator Sean or how he said that there's nothing this kid can't do, you know that he's pretty versatile. I mean, so I really love how they're using him. And I can see the confidence that Dak is seeing him because there's some real tough third down drives where I'm like, wow, you know, real tight coverages and it's happening.
Speaker 5: I like that.
Speaker 3: I don't know if y'all have.
Speaker 6: Yeah, would you be surprised to note that he got the most of all the running back snaps and see the game last Thursday, so I didn't know that. But Lipkey was on the field for twenty nine plays, okay, and I'm going offensive snaps, not special teams, So fifty two percent. Rico was second with twenty five snaps forty five percent. Deuce only had four, Zeke had ten. So this is this is the most. Let's see the previous week, Hunter Lipkey had thirty snaps, but overall the Cowboys had more snaps overall, so thirty eight percent. But you can see that Lipkey's snaps per game is trending up, whereas Zeke's are trending down and Deuces it's really more kind of like with matchups and stuff like Duce had ten offensive snaps in week two, but the other weeks he's had two, five and four.
Speaker 5: Do you guys agree with Zeke's snaps going down?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know.
Speaker 6: I think part of it though, is they're not like down in the red zone and these short yardage kind of things. You know, I really do you believe it? It is more situational. And am I surprised that Rico's getting more snaps than Zeke. No, not at all, because I think that even if they were getting in a rhythm converting third downs, and I think that we would see more Rico.
Speaker 3: But Zeke still look pretty good compared to like from all the other games. He still had some valuable contributions I saw as well. So I think it's working right now. I would be happy to see Dalvin Cook elevated. I know he's ready. I know he knows the playbook, he knows the terminology. So I know that's the kind of people don't want to talk about that. But I don't know, Chris, you may see something different. Well, I doesn't see him in there. Yeah.
Speaker 6: I think the issue is, for example, you know you've elevated Carl Lawson. I know you probably get two elevations per week, and so they've done these elevations by what you need, Yeah, and they've needed defensive end. And then they used Nick Vigil. He was elevated the first three games. Who's Nick Vigil? He's a backup line backer who plays a lot on special teams. I think the thing that hurts uh, that that hurts Dalvin Cook is he's not a special teams guy at least that we know of. So a backup running back, and you could say, well, Zeke's a backup running back. Now, well, but the hunterd lip Keys, the Deuce Vaughan's and you know Siames, So I think that's an issue. But with the with the situation as it is, with not just defensive line. I mentioned Carl Lawson being elevated. Remember in the game Thursday, they also elevated Amani over Warrior. Yes, wow, it was just didn't even practice that one. And he ended up having the interception at the end of the game to clinch the win. So that was because of the injury to Kaylin Carson. So again, but it just kind of is going to be our priority thing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, with the running back situation and the struggles with the run game, do y'all still feel that it's the lack of ability within this personnel or is it this or is it this offensive line which one do y'all think? I know sometimes I know the beginning of the year, we're thinking it's maybe at least I'll speak for myself, I was thinking that it was more so the personnel wasn't there to get it done. And that's again because we hadn't seen the attempts. That's something that Mike McCarthy even mentioned. But over time, starting to.
Speaker 3: Think that's it. I was with you too, isn't sure about the personnel. If we had the backs could actually do it. Pollard was gonna be a big missing piece. But now I feel like we didn't really know what these guys were capable of. Now we're seeing it. Is it because the old line is weak, you know, and there's times where they're not able to get those lanes open and there's they need help. So that's I don't know, Christie, what you think. I think it's a combination of both, is what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: Absolutely, And the penalties too, because remember when you when you fall behind, you know when it's you get a penalty, and it's second, third and long, you know you're you're having to pass the past. And the other thing is remember, for example, you mentioned Rico scoring on the touchdown pass the screen a lot of times. The way the NFL isn't the way it used to be. It's not three yards and a cloud of dust anymore. So the thing is getting the ball out to your playmakers in space, which is what they did with Tony Pollard and the like. So think of some of these short deals screened a little bit different. How it's set up with blocking, but think of getting the ball out to the guys in space, and if it's these short passes, think of it as an extended handoff. So that's kind of I think that you if you look at just the rushing numbers, I think that that's too myopic. You have to look at the running backs contributions holistically and as well as how is the line blocking and what situations are you in because you've been shooting yourself in the foot with penalties.
Speaker 3: Right with you know, Tyler Guyton, I know, Oh sorry, I don't want to cut you off. But with that, with the holding penalties, you know, that's what we talked about. You know, when you get all those penalties, that's going to cause a big, big problem.
Speaker 5: Is Tyler Geiton a concern for you guys moving forward? As in he's partially a reason for a lot of a chunk of these holding penalties.
Speaker 6: Hey, he's a rookie pain, that's part of it. That's part of it. He's also a very tall guy. So when you have guys coming around the edge with good bend and going low, you know, that's difficult for a guy who's so tight and trying to replace Hyaran Smith.
Speaker 3: That just doesn't happen a Hall of famer if you trill of famer potentially, right, it's hard to say with the rookie, you know. But they say he's still not has his balance sometimes correct. They say he's kind of his not using his hands and his feet like he should. There's so many things like fundamentals and details Christy what we always spoke about, So it's those details. But they said he's been giving him a lot of self scouting tapes for him to watch and to show, Okay, what is your opponent seeing what can I work on? And he said it's really really helped him. I'm sure you both know about that. I guess that's really for Tyler himself that it's helped him.
Speaker 6: I hope so, okay, but but also also his attitude being studious and get better. So all that being said, we are so glad to have a talent like that done with him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is just part of the process.
Speaker 5: And really it's honestly on the part of the process. With two starting rookie shots Alignment and Grant and Cooper's been playing very well, not surprising it all to me at all. But uh no, when you talk about Tyler Geiton, though he does have another test in t J.
Speaker 3: Watt.
Speaker 5: Possibly he could be matched. That could be a matchup that Terrence Steele could see more often on Sunday.
Speaker 6: But there is a bit of a break though because the guy who's opposite of t J. Watt, Alex high Smith.
Speaker 3: He's actually hurt though. Yeah, so he's not playing this.
Speaker 6: The previous game and Tomlin said today that they're moving ahead as if he's not going to be able to play this weekend as well. So you're getting a little bit of a break in that you got to J. Watt, but the booke nd going to be a backup there.
Speaker 5: First thoughts on this Steelers defensive line, Christy, Well.
Speaker 6: He's the he's elite. You know, the Cowboys are without Michael Parsons, who I mean, So I would say t J. Watt, Bosa and Micah are the three best pass rushers in the league. But I also think the thing about what is he's a catalytic player, and by that I mean just just making plays right, you know, whether it's tackles for loss or And by the way, I should mention Max Crosby the four or the four best players Max Crosby for the Raiders because I'd love to have him too, but anyway, and then Hayward Bean Cam Hayward NFL Man of the Year by the way, great.
Speaker 3: Guy, but oh my god, you would never doesn't even skip a beat.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so they this is a really great test for Cowboys offensive line that I don't shall we say has not hit their stride yet, has been hit with some penalties and is going to be tested with. As we said before, the two rookies in it and.
Speaker 3: Coach Tom I'm sorry, no, go ahead, go ahead. So Coach Tomin was talking about how the groin injury with Alex high Smith Christy, so he said that Demarvin Leo will be in place, and he said Leo or mindsen of a Lamar Woodley, which is good, you know, good comparison. Someone can do a lot. But he's a very versatile player, so he's obviously not high Smith, but there is someone still going to take his place that they can still do some damage.
Speaker 5: This is going to be an interesting matchup. We're going to take more time to break down this Cowboys offense and Steelers defense up next, so stick with us right here on Girls Talk, Boys Talk presented by Jig Suther for a dating partner, the Dallas Cowboys will bear back.
Speaker 9: The Dickey family always mandated that the only police style sausage worthy of their restaurant must have high quality of course ground beef and port rich spices and fresh natural casings. We still serve it to this day, and it's so popular. Dickey Sausage has been named the official sausage of the Dallas Cowboys. The perfect matchup on game day Dickie's Barbecue pitch. No one out smokes us. Order at Dickie's dot com for groups called eight sixty six Barber cuts on the rims.
Speaker 8: We know that juicy, cheesy, grilled to perfection burger sounds amazing, but it does sound like something is missing. Pepsi baby, the yin to this Burger's yang. Burgers and pepsi go together like well, like burgers and pepsi. This perfect blending of flavors makes every bite of lettuce, every sesame seed on the bun, and every sip of that crisp refreshing ice cold coola a journey to foujopia.
Speaker 6: Burgers better with pepsi.
Speaker 3: That's what I like.
Speaker 1: At Jigsaw Dating. We obviously want the Cowboys to bring that sixth ring home, but to be honest, we're more focused on finding the person who will put a ring on your finger. That's why we created a dating app that reveals your face through meaningful conversation so you can date deeper, because it's personality that matters the most, not looks. Join Jigsaw Dating Today, Dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 7: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black and right now, Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy wipball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 3: All ready for Wrangler Fall Fast. We'll celebrate the best of autumn season with Fall faes at the Star right here in Frisco. Join us on Saturday, October nineteenth for a day full of fall fun for the entire family. Enjoy live country music, hang out in the beer garden, and compete in Western inspired games, plus capture fall photo ops. Savor seasonal bites, and enjoy a wrangler. A shopping admission and parking is free. Visit the Star at district dot com for more info.
Speaker 6: We're gonna have a beer garden Wrangler. Yes I am there, October nineteen.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 6: Now, actually they are well. Our corporate partners with with Rangler. They are a lot of fun. Had a chance to visit with them on some previous road trips and stuff, so they're good, solid partners. There a little rodeo out there, yeah, Fannie Jill, sorry for our equestrian here.
Speaker 3: At out there in the beer garden with my cowboys flag.
Speaker 6: Oh goodness, come out with them. That started the rodeo. Zach is awesome.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because I do that. I usually bring out I usually bring out the American flag, but I can a cowboys flag all right with me? And rowdy.
Speaker 6: Do you have an American flag in one?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I did the cowboy flag in the other. Because your horse would know where to go, yeah, she would know.
Speaker 3: But no rains at all and it would be fun. No, she would never take off, but just like, yeah, I've got a bunch of horses at my rain. Yeah, I compete in rodeo bell racing.
Speaker 5: That's dope.
Speaker 6: Ye see we have a real cowgirl.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm gonna bring my Elsa, my mayor out there for you. I'm gonna get you on my horse.
Speaker 5: I don't know about that one. It's funny because I think it was. Yeah, Brad was like, would you ever go scuba diving? Like you lost me there?
Speaker 6: So yeah, you do horses, absolutely, Yeah, scuba diving.
Speaker 5: I'll take videos y'all.
Speaker 3: With the little thing out.
Speaker 5: I love that for y'all.
Speaker 3: All right, ladies, off topic, All right, let's let's dial back in.
Speaker 5: Let's dive back into this matchup. What are some of the biggest concerns if you had to choose one for this Cowboys offense heading into Sunday.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'd just like to see more consistent uh play on the offensive line and get the run game going better, more efficiently eliminating the penalties. I'd like to see Brandon Cooks a little more. Sorry, I know we're to choose one thing, but yeah, I just don't as we were saying in the first segment, we still haven't really seen this Cowboys offense yet operating on all cylinders, not even really close to it. So more efficiency and they and the other day it's not just converting on third downs, but once you get down into the red that was a that's been a weak point, was a point of emphasis coming out of or going into Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't want to reiterate with Christmas. So it's basically the same, you know, being able to establish a run hopefully we I don't do hero ball, but having someone that really breaks out, you know, in the run game, and then be able to really open up that offense. That's what I'm hoping.
Speaker 5: Both of those things start with feel position. That's what I'm going with. I want to see better starting field position, so that starts obviously with Cavante Turpin or Janya Thomas, whoever the hell is back there returning, And because the Cowboys haven't had a good starting field position, they've been having to drive the full length of the field. And I mean, I feel like if there's better starting field position, we'll see a little bit of what this offense is really offense really is. But when you talk about this offensive line, Christy, it's not going to be easy just because t J. Watt is a half sack away from the NFL hundred sack club, So that's gonna be really interesting to watch. But what else do you feel like he does well aside from the sacks as being one of the NFL's Yeah.
Speaker 6: Just making those catalytic plays. And then they also, you know, they added Patrick Queen at linebacker, and we mentioned Cam Hayward and I mean he's you know, the people who really follow football, he's very well known, but even in Pittsburgh and with that kind of blue collar and defensive line kind of thing, even he's overshadowed by t J. Watt. And the other thing is, I'm so excited about going to Pittsburgh because we only get to go there once eight years and there is a rivalry, fantastic atmosphere. I mean, that is real football, it my opinion. You want real yeah, old school, real, great atmosphere. And I know it's not three Rivers Stadium anymore. Heck, they don't even call it Hinsfield anymore. But you know that, to me, that's like real football. And they still get those terrible towels going and stuff like that, and they.
Speaker 3: Know the game.
Speaker 6: They do.
Speaker 3: Those fans actually really know the game, and they get kind of hostile, you know, and they're they're drinking. You go back to Steel Curtain days and I don't know, I like there. I like it. I just like that football atmosphere. Yeah, it's going to be fun.
Speaker 6: And the other thing is we're going to get real lucky with the weather. It's going to be like in the seventies and it's going to be very mild, just as it was in kick Bark last week. But but it's a nine kickoff, so it might be more like in the upper sixties by the time we go. But hinz heinsfield a censure field that it's it's right on the lakes or three excuse me, not like that, the three rivers coming together. That's the old name of Three River Stadium, but.
Speaker 3: I always it was always stadium.
Speaker 6: But you would get like a wind is very difficult place to kick there. And in fact, for many years they didn't have like a field goal of over fifty yards, which was crazy because they've had some really great kickers there for the Steelers. The point of this whole thing is usually kicking can be affected, uh there in Pittsburgh. But I think that with these male temperatures, that that bodes well for the Cowboys when you have a Brandon Aubrey and you have such a solid kicking game with it.
Speaker 3: And the only reason he missed that kick is because I think, my personal opinion, I think that McCarthy should have called the time out because he didn't he didn't have his hips. He even said, my hips weren't placed. And so I'm not going to, you know, blame Aubrey on that. I don't know what y'all think, but that was I think he should have called time out, all right.
Speaker 5: Last time the Cowboys made the trip to Pittsburgh, they actually won that match.
Speaker 3: That was.
Speaker 6: Dak and ze Seek at the end with the long Oh my gosh, no, that was so Dak and Zeke that rookie year, because you remember going into the season, Romo was out and this rooky fourth round kick and Kellen Moore had been heard and DA's gone from a fourth string quarterback at the start of camp and oh man, it's going well, they're undefeated. But it was that game in Pittsburgh that was sort of the.
Speaker 3: Coming out pivotal.
Speaker 6: That was like the emphatic of I remember thinking, we really do have something here, we really do have something going here.
Speaker 3: So here we go. Maybe we do it again.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, this is the number one team in the AFC North, the three and one. Granted I think they still should have beat the Colts on Sunday, but that's a whole differ.
Speaker 3: You know, another on the other side of the ball. You know, we're doing a lot about Cowboys offense, but defense Another matchup I'm kind of concerned by. Is Kaylen Carson George Pickens, if that ends up, that's that's I'm saying. If he does play, Yeah, and that's a concern.
Speaker 6: You know, with Trayvon, they tried to have him follow him the Elite Neighbors last week, and he did for a lot of it. But what they were doing with Neighbors was starting him inside in the slot and then motioning him out once Trayvon had committed to one side or the you know, to the deal. So I wonder it'll be interesting to see if maybe Trayvon travels again.
Speaker 5: I'm interested to see how this secondary performs. Just if Kayln Carson's a no go, and then you have. I mean, granted, Amani are Amani done?
Speaker 6: Well done?
Speaker 5: Amani are? Oh my goodness, I had it right? Whoa game ceiling interception? I mean, I honestly, I think you should get the start over Andrew Booth. I think that would be a good look for him. What do you think.
Speaker 6: Christy wouldn't be surprised?
Speaker 3: I think that if you?
Speaker 6: If you, yeah, I know what the that question will come up tomorrow morning and Mike McCarthy's press conference, and we'll probably get the coach speak of it's an open competition. But I don't know when you get mentioned at halftime like Booth did, I don't know how well that bode's going into the next week.
Speaker 5: Who's your X factor in this game?
Speaker 6: Oh man, I still got to study some more. I've only seen two of Pittsburgh's.
Speaker 5: Cowboys offense X factor Jake Ferguson.
Speaker 6: And here's why, because I'm going to go back to something like Tomlin said today. Remember what we said earlier when he said, if you've got red paint, you paint your barn red. So this was all in the opening statement for Mike Tomlin. So the reason I point that out is the question was not oh about Dallas and who concerned you? This is in his thing at the beginning, and he talks about DAK and CD, but then he says, let's see. Really have gained an appreciation for the development of Ferguson at tight end. I remember watching him up close at Mobile That's the singable at Mobile Alabama a couple of years ago when he came out and was really impressed with his skill set, had a chance to talk to his grandfather while I was watching practice, the great Barry Alvarez, and so I enjoyed that. But man, Ferguson's play is impressive and how he's evolved as a player is really impressive, and Dak's utilization of him within their offense is impressive. But they've got a lot of eligibles to manage. Man, you focus or get hyper focused on those two. Too much of a guy like Brandon Cooks can ruin your day, and so we better play a total game in terms of minimizing those guys. So it's just interesting that, Yeah, he mentioned Dack, he mentioned c D and spent more time talking about the tide end.
Speaker 3: Yeah, who's your X factor? Offensively, I'd love I mean Prescott to Lamb. I'd love to see that really open that up and be able to get that connection going and multiple touchdown. That's a you know, big, big take, but that's what I'd love to see because with the Steelers, I don't think they're going to be able to run the ball much. They do, they're really good at stopping the run. So and remember last week I talked about Mazie. I think he was going to be the one that the impact that he was the best four quarters I've seen him play it. I thought he played pretty well, you know, considering I thought he needed to be that And aren't you happy with the way he.
Speaker 6: Yeah, by far his best game and Pittsburgh did Yeah there last game they I mean, Nag's he's a great you know, he's very good running back. But man, they were struggling with their run as well. Now, but the thing is justin fields is one of these mobile quarterbacks running getting him out he can, so some of their rushing yards are you know, were done by the quarterback kind of like Deshaun Watson, and.
Speaker 3: He did everything. If you look at the stats with the Colts, I mean he's look at it, it's all justin fields.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there was something I saw a by Justin Fields though he's thrown fifty three point three percent of his passes outside of the numbers. No, that was not it. It was this one, this one, this one where it was it's about play action. Boom boom, boom boom. Hold on, where did it go? I had it, y'all?
Speaker 3: Sorry, I'll here we go.
Speaker 5: The Steerley's utilized play action at the second highest rate in the NFL season, that's thirty seven percent, yet have the second lowest yards per attempt on play action passes.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well, I think if they you know, the one thing you don't want to do is let them get their run game going, sure, because if they get that run game going, it makes the play action pass more effective. And so, like I said, Naji Harris that the one thing is they also have Corderyl Patterson, who has given the Cowboys fits in other years like whether especially when he was with Minnesota. Uh, he's questionable with an injury. He got dinged outright the last game, So not sure if he's going to be available. He you know, if he's able to practice tomorrow. Wouldn't be surprised if he's listed as limited. But he's one of these Swiss Army knife kind of guys who's an excellent return man, can catch the ball but run out of the backfield as well. So if he's not able to play, that's gonna hurt their run game and hurt their offense.
Speaker 5: And I know that for their offensive line, they have two guys they have they battle with injuries as well. To have two guys on their O line that have started all four games, of course due to injury. So I think this is an opportunity for this defensive line. Granted we're dealing with our injuries as well, but I think it's a good opportunity for you know, new pass rushers to emerge. Maybe Marshaw Neeland, I don't know, maybe a Chauncey Goldstin, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Let's throw that out. Their time to shine right now.
Speaker 5: Yeah, for sure, and Mozzie Smith to continue to keep it up he's doing.
Speaker 6: Yeah, there's a chance that they may be getting say Amalo back, one of their veteran guards. He had missed a couple of games. If they get him back, that's really gonna help because they've been going with some young backups at Gardenerate. Then they have the rookie center, and then, as we were talking about yesterday, their rookie first round pick tackle out for the year with a dislocated knee cap. So yeah, the as Cowboys Nation laments all the injuries to the Cowboys defensive line into the secondary. The Pittsburgh fans don't want to hear it because they've been hit hard in their offensive line.
Speaker 3: Real fast.
Speaker 5: Who was the biggest tests ahead of them on Sunday, Tyler Cowboy's offense.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, I think yeah, yeah, sorry Tyler, but.
Speaker 5: Ste because I truly feel like they're going to match up t J. Watt with steel Yeah, that's as well. So yeah, definitely gonna be a lot of fun to watch. We're going to be talking about the Cowboys defense Steelers offense on a win, so make sure to tune in with this.
Speaker 3: So we have Christy's going to talk about the helmet.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, you know what, we can save it for Friday if you want, no.
Speaker 3: Because I'm not on Friday.
Speaker 6: Oh go ahead, go ahead, all right, I'll do a fast version. Okay. Fun fact, so the Pittsburgh Steelers are the only team that have a logo on just one side of their helmet, so to black helmet with the gold stripe down the middle, and then the Steeler's logo. It's just on one side.
Speaker 3: Well, what's up with that.
Speaker 6: Well, they used to have gold helmets, and they used to have the player's number on the helmet. But in nineteen sixty two, the owner's son, So Rooney's son Dan, went to the equipment manager with this new logo and asked him to put it on the right side of the helmet, which the equipment manager, Jack Hart, did, but he only put it on the right side. He wasn't sure whether to put whether the Rooney's wanted it on both sides or not, so they just did the one side. Well, the Steelers weren't really very good back then, okay, and they put it on just the one side and they won the game. Good luck, term had a good luck. So let's just leave it. Let's just leave it. Let's just leave it. Nineteen sixty two they actually made the playoffs, so they never they never bothered to put a second logo on the other side. So, whether you wanted to say superstition or not, but it's just that the owner's son, Dan Rooney, who you know, ended up being noted for so so long and later obviously Ambassador to Ireland and everything else, the great Rooney family. Yeah, it just wasn't clear to put it on one side or two sides, so that Jackhart just put it on one side and it stayed that way since nineteen.
Speaker 3: I liked this story just because when I was a little giry, Yes, my daddy, I'm like, why, why, what's going on? And he told me that story.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so.
Speaker 2: I did.
Speaker 6: Yeah, And then there's there's there's there's little there's little diamonds on the helmet there the little so it says Steelers. That used to just say steel and then after a couple of years they added Steeler the E R s. But so that those little like three diamond looking things, it's uh uh something the Steelers petition the American Iron and Steel Institute to use that logo, and so the colors have a certain meaning and it's the three colors represent what you used to make iron because steelers, steel workers ride all the steel mills in Pittsburgh. So there's they're good fans into the community, great great fan base.
Speaker 5: Some pretty cool things. But hopefully the cowboys, but we're still going to get the w They're going to get the w in handle business all right. We'll be back here tomorrow in the SWBC studio at four o'clock. Cowboys Nation, make sure to tune in here on Girls Talk. Boys Talk will be back tomorrow.
Speaker 2: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.