Speaker 1: Stramp on the boots and scrape up the knuckles. Hold it ahead, he got jacked.
Speaker 2: This is the Big Red Rage presented by Santan Board in Gilbert Barry's.
Speaker 3: Gonna score touchdown Slim to the ground by Buddha Baker. Like a torpedo, he keeps flying into the backfield.
Speaker 2: The rage is brought to you by santan Ford and Gilbert right on the Price right on the corner of the Santan two to two Freeway in val Vista Seek your Ticket to Great Seats, and by Arizona Cardinals Podcast visit Azycardinals dot Com Slash podcast.
Speaker 4: A Red Sea is Rising up, doubt you, Rising Vision, Flurry Rage, take it over.
Speaker 2: Here's Paul CALVICI.
Speaker 5: I'm ready. I'm one hundred percent ready.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you I'm ready.
Speaker 4: And Ron Woolfley it doesn't get any better than that.
Speaker 5: Two things we said. Two things have rocked the NFL this week. Number one, the Card's big dub against Big d turning that Cowboys defense into all hat no cattle we done reckon. And number two the Taylor Swift Effect. How Travis Kelsey Wolf is now added five hundred thousand IG followers and his merch sales are up over four hundred percent. By the way, Patrick Mahomes confirming yesterday that he has now officially met Taylor Swift. If you're wondering, and I know you are, Wolf Kelsey and Taylor Swift the escaped Arrowhead Stadium in a secret getaway car after the game, and Kelsey now reports that he has spotted paparazzi in his front yard.
Speaker 1: That is unbelievable, Pully, It is the Taylor Swift of it is. And I know you know all about that being the swift you.
Speaker 5: Are, by the way. You beat me to that joke. By the way, the first Sunday night football game for the Jets since twenty eleven, they're at home to Kansas City. Taylor Swift will be in attendance, and all the Jets, all the Jets glory will be you served by the chiefs, Patrick Mahomes and of course Taylor Swift. So good luck to the Jets, because quote, it can always get worse, it will on Sunday Night. Welcome into the Big Red Rage. Ron Dale Moore is our feature guest tonight, all presented by Santan Ford and Gilbert. We are Santan Ford, Paul Kelvic here, Ron Wolfley.
Speaker 1: There, PAULI who said I was joking when I said that about being a swifty That's right.
Speaker 5: I am intrigued. I am intrigued as to how sideways it gets. What a complete side show it'll be on Sunday Night Football. I mean, are you kidding me? They're the national TV audience. By the way, the Arizona Cardinals had the most watched television program of any kind in the Phoenix metro market for this past week, a TV rating of sixteen point nine and a share of fifty two. So big numbers, big, big numbers for the TV side after a big win against Big d and wolf would you like the most? By the way, coming off that win against Dallas?
Speaker 1: You know what Paully going into that game right there, It was the fact the Arizona Cardinals defeated the Dallas Cowboys in the fundamentals of the game of football. You know, it's been around for a long long time, Paulie. But they had to do three things, and I was talking about this last week. If they were even going to be competitive in this game, they had to do three things. They had to run the ball. Did they run the ball. Okay, PAULI in this game, did they do it? Okay?
Speaker 5: Dang seven point four yards of carry. They ran the ball.
Speaker 1: They ran the ball very very well, and a lot of those runs were in a norsal fashion right at Michael Parsons as well. They ran the ball extremely well, controlled the line of scrimmage, they protected the ball. How many turnovers did the Arizona Cardinals have?
Speaker 5: Well, Josh Dobbs says, you have to throw an innerce for example.
Speaker 1: That's right, Paul, like a big fat zero. So you take those two right there, and then the red zone. How important it is to score touchdowns when you're in the red zone, when you're given the opportunity to actually get it in and hit Peydart. The Arizona Cardinals were two of two, two possessions they got into the red zone, and two touchdowns. They converted those possessions into where the Dallas Cowboys were one of five. Those numbers right there tell the whole story, and.
Speaker 5: Of course the word of the week finish because in the first two games you had fourth quarter leads they vanished. This time you closed it out and you've vanquished the Dallas Cowboys. Here's Jonathan Gannon on the win against Dallas.
Speaker 6: They fought and they played hard, and that's what we've been doing for two weeks. I told them right there. The difference of the game was we didn't beat ourselves and we made some place. You know, execution was good. There obviously a lot of things that clean up, but some guys stepped up ma big time plays. But we didn't beat ourselves and we made the plays that we needed to make.
Speaker 5: Honestly, Dallas looked like the Cardinals from last year. A slow start, plenty of flags, struggles in the red zone, right, self inflicted stuff. That's what Dallas looked like. And because that's what the Cardinals did to them, they came out they were the more aggressive, more physical team. I reported Wolf, you know during the broadcast that what Jonathan Gannon said at halftime, faster team wins. And he wasn't just talking about team speed, he was talking about how you react, how you implement just that football IQ. And to me, you look at this Cardinals team this year, especially Kaiser White with his fourteen tackles and the game ceiling pick at the end, it's a Cardinals defense that, even minus Buddha Baker is a fast defense for those reasons I just cited him correct.
Speaker 1: Yes, no doubt, Paly, it really is. And the other thing I like about the Arizona Cardinals and what we're seeing with this version of the Arizona Cardinals through three games right now, and it's still a small sample size, but three games right now, I love what Drew Petsing is doing with this offense. Paul. To me, it's fascinating. We use eleven personnel an awful lot of the time in rundown situation first and ten second, one to six, one back, one tight end, three wide receivers. We use it a lot. What's interesting about that when we get into eleven personnel, the Arizona Cardinals are running the ball more than they're throwing the ball in that rundown And it's just the opposite. The second personnel group that we use a lot in rundown situation is twelve personnel, one back, two tight ends. Of course, but when we get into twelve personnel under Drew Petsing, granted through three games, the Arizona Cardinals are more likely to throw the ball than run the ball. Very interesting what Drew Petsing is doing right now and I love it. I love the blending of the old and the new, and he's doing a great job at it.
Speaker 5: Think about this offense, and we talked about it all lost during the preseason, the whole Kramitt vertical, right, I mean, right now, they're number two in yards per carry, their number five and overall rushing yards. Most rushing yards with the Cardinals as a team since Wolf you were the lead fullback in nineteen eighty eight, No way, Yes, and d. Through the first three games, they have one hundred and sixty nine yards rushing, the most since nineteen eighty eight, and a big part of that the explosives. They have eight runs of twenty or more yards. Do you know all of last season the Cardinals had nine twenty plus runs all season long. So there's that there's a quarterback who can run. We saw his forty four yard keeper. And here's Jonathan Gannon on the development of Josh Dobbs.
Speaker 6: I think he's played winning football for since he's been here. But yeah, I think you guys will continue to see his improvement and as he gets more and more comfortable. But I mean you could ask him, he's pretty comfortable right now. He's making a bunch of plays for us. He's got good command in the huddle. He's doing a good job.
Speaker 5: So we knew Josh Dobbs could run, we didn't quite expect the forty four yarder where he hit nineteen point eight miles an hour, even faster in the next gen stats than our guest tonight, Ronde More. We'll get into that a little bit later with Ronde. But Wolf, if you're telling me he can run an offense, what do the Cardinals have here in Josh Dobbs?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Wow, Polly, I don't know. They've got a guy that I think is going to be here long terms in terms of being a backup quarterback. I think I could see that now. Again, they signed him to a really, really manageable one year contract this year, but I could see him at some point in time being the backup quarterback here. The way we all thought Colt McCoy was going to be the backup quarterback and was for three years. I could see that happening with Josh Dobbs here going forward.
Speaker 5: Could you absolutely?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 5: The question is who throws how much money at him? He's making one point five this year. That is looking to be the steal of the year in a league where Jacoby Brissec got ten million for one year from Washington eight million guaranteed. Yes, what exactly is going to be his value in the offseason, We've got a long time to answer that question.
Speaker 1: Well, Paully, I'll tell you right now. If he's going to continue to play at a quarterback rating of ninety eight point one, and that's what he is playing right now, he's he might blow Jacoby Brossett out of the water in terms of backup money. So he's really performing well. Just watching Josh Dobbs again, and it's got to be so comforting for and Drew Petsing of course, and Jag and the entire staff really to have a guy that understands the offense, knows the offense and is going out there and executing it, it's got to be very encouraging to them.
Speaker 5: So the Cardinals win against Dallas twenty eight to sixteen. They never trailed. They finished this game. They held onto the fourth quarter lead. And here is speaking of holding onto things, here's Josh dobbson just keeping that momentum going.
Speaker 7: Complacency is always the enemy of progress. So many times you know when you've had success you can come complacent. He'd be like, Okay, like we've done in the past, we'll do it well. The only way to do that is keep doing what you've done in the past and preparing to go out, start those games fast, locking on the game plan, executing just little things and walk through because it all translates to Sunday. So you know, for me as quarterback, you know I signed the leader of the ship. Just staying on my guys, the team and continually locking into those little details because they help us on Sundays.
Speaker 5: All right, if I need to pump the brakes and you tell me Wolf. But here's my thinking on Josh Dobbs. He had never started a game until the end of last season, year six. He started week seventeen Week eighteen, made a big improvement from one game to the next. He comes into this year, didn't get many reps in the preseason, comes to the Cardinals eight days notice, starts game one. He is a passer rating of eighty. Game two a passer rating to one hundred, Game three a passer rating of one twenty. He had never started three games in a row. He's never started four games in a row. Obviously, that's what's happening this week? So if you talk about the guy with the aerospace engineering degree and who does internships in NASA to what degree? Is Josh Dobbs the UFO unidentified unknown finally getting an opportunity. A dude who had to sit behind Big Ben after he was drafted. He's finally getting playing time. They finally gained the keys to an offense for an extended period of time. Are we finding out what he's been about all this time?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Polly, you know, it's still one of the things you got to remember too that Cardinals have done a great job of keeping Josh Dobbs in a balanced offense, only had twenty one attempts, only had twenty one attempts, and that's because you didn't have to have him go out and have forty one attempts in this game, so to me keep them in that balanced offense.
Speaker 5: And of course now he gets the Niners defense in their front seven, and he might not have Hollywood Brown. We'll see a thumb injury showing up on the injury report today. It's the big red rage ron Dale Moore coming up a little later. All presented by Santan Ford and Gilbert we are santan Ford.
Speaker 3: You're gonna send Cooks out to the left and two receivers to the right, shotgun formation, where Dak Prescott follered to his left. Prescott the pass straight drop Fiers middle of the end zone, pickoff, Kaizer White with the interception. Man that might do in Dallas. Wow, Kaizier White in the middle of the end zone. I don't know that Prescott ever saw him.
Speaker 4: Shock the world. Kaizer shock the world. What a great job dropping off into coverage. Dak Prescott trying to hit Brandon Cooks over the middle of the field and Kaizer White picked it.
Speaker 5: How about that the quarterback of the defense, Kaizer White. We talked a lot about the quarterback of the offense, Josh Dobbs. They had one thing in common. After the game. They were both holding on too game balls. Josh Dobbs took his to the podium. Kaizer White didn't let go of the interception all the way to this sideline and then into the locker room, and after the game we had a chance to talk to him. He said, you know what, that was especially meaningful, not only his second career pick, but because he'd been working on that exact play call that drop and he said, according to him, he'd been messing it up all week in practice, finally got it right and then Boom obviously nailed it in the game to seal the game and a win for the Cardinals, who, by the way, are seven points away from being three and oh dot dot dot. It's the big red rage. Rondel Moore right around the corner, Paul, calvic Ron, Wolfley and wolf What is Kaizer White done for this defense in your estimation?
Speaker 1: Yeah, PAULI you know he's given him another coach on the field right now. Kaiser White understands the defense that Nick Rowlis wants to run. He understands this defense. He understands what JG wants. This is a guy that make sure everyone is on the same page. Ball. What I love the most about what I'm saying from Kaizer as well, this is a man who does not want to come off the field, Paul. Every snap he was in this game, every snap, does not want to come off the field. A guy that is equally as physical as he is athletic, a guy that can hammer at the point of attack, get off a block and make a tackle, and at the same time a guy that can drop into coverage, read the eyes of the quarterback. That's what he did against Dak Prescott. Read the eyes of the quarterback and drop off and then suddenly finish the play and make a play. That play was absolutely huge, and Paul it was no accident that he was where he was. His brain told him, here comes Brandon Cooks. He's coming across the middle. I'm looking at Dak Prescott, He's looking at him. He dropped off because his brain told him to drop off into coverage and he was in the perfect spot to make that pick. I honestly don't think Dak Prescott thought once once he squatted and stopped, I don't think Dak Prescott ever thought of him. Again.
Speaker 5: Remember what Kaiser White told us last week on the Big Red Rage.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 5: As a former safety in junior college, he has been known as a coverage linebacker. But the physicality, the downhill style that he brings, the ability to go sideline to sideline, I mean he has been the complete package. To come full circle to what you said, he has been a three down inside linebacker. And now look at this Cardinals defense that despite quite a few injuries right their numberze, they have eleven sacks. That's top five in the league. Yet they have the lowest NFL blitz rate of any team, which is remarkable to me.
Speaker 1: If the fans in Philly are freaking out over that still, Paul.
Speaker 5: So there's all that, and then of course there's the red zone defense, and that might have been the difference in the game. Look, Dallas as an offense was one of five in the red zone. I know after the game, Dak Prescott, he was railing and whining and griping and grousing and saying, quote, we moved the ball up and down the field, we just couldn't score. Well, that's the object of the game. You couldn't get in the end zone. And here's Nick Rollis, the Cardinals defensive coordinator on that.
Speaker 8: After a week of preparation and our preparation going into Dallas, like we executed better in the red zone. That was huge, you know. You know, honestly, the first two weeks it wasn't really what you want to be in the red zone. So I was played with the guy with the players and US coaches maybe coaching a little bit better, had a little bit better plan. But the red zone defense was obviously improved from week one and week two.
Speaker 5: And once again that's about Buddha Baker. They're missing two of their top defensive linemen and LJ. Colliy or Carlos Watkins. They have some young corners like Key Troll Clark who got targeted eleven times. He battled, right. I mean, so look from what I can tell talking to the guys Wolf and you tell me what looks like from up above and on film. But they're keeping it simple in the name of making sure there's no mental mistakes and the ability to play fast.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's it, Bali right there, it really is. Yeah, you want these guys fast. But it's themes man. I mean how many times we've had this conversation over the years, Pauly, Bud, you cannot suffer mental airs. You just can't do it. They will get you beat quicker than anything else. Mental errors and the breakdown because it all of a sudden when it's not just one play where it happens, but suddenly when you have a mental error and you have a breakdown and there's an explosive play that happens because of that, it shakes the confidence of all the guys that are in that huddle. It shakes the confidence. And you know, honestly, there haven't been a lot of ms in the last two games. The first game, I think there were some mes, but that seems pretty natural for the first game of the season. I don't think we've seen an awful lot of mental airs the last two games. But I will tell you right now that the defensive quarterback rating for the Arizona Cardinals is very very good. It's very very good. It's sixteen. It's right in the middle of the past eighty six point seven. Paul. It's very good because last year it was number thirty one in the National Football League. Wow, Dad, Paul, seriously, defensive quarterback rating. They were number thirty one, ninety eight point two. That's how bad it was. This has improved dramatically right now. And man, you've got to look squarely at jg and.
Speaker 5: Nick Rowlis, and they've been looking at this Niners offense for a long time in a lot of different ways. You're talking about a forty nine Ers team that is three to zero. They've won their last eight division games, they've won thirteen regular season games in a row, and they have what the Cardinals defensive coaches consider well, I'll let them say it. When it comes to this Kyle Shanahan scheme. Here's Jonathan Gannon this week on offense.
Speaker 6: They got guys on in every group that are really really good with the ball in their hands. The schematics of how they play the game, they get the guys the ball in space a lot of the times. Obviously the scheme is probably the best in the world.
Speaker 5: Truthfully, let that hang for a minute. So and look, we know the objective of Kyle Shanahan, right, He's gonna disguise everything. Yes, he's gonna keep you honest, as the players say, try and ungap your defense. He's gonna play with your eyes and then take advantage of that. You're looking this way, we're going that way, and they're gonna break tackles. And here's my biggest concern about this game for the Cardinals defense. Well, the tackling last week at times against Dallas could have been better, no doubt. And the Cardinals right now they've allowed two hundred ninety nine yards after first contact according to the analytics, that is third most in the league. In a course, yes, of course they're missing Buddha bakers, so right there, you better bring your tackling against the Niners.
Speaker 1: You better, Pully, it really is. I don't know who do you want to talk about first? When you start talking about the forty nine ers, you know it's amazing their Their offense is number three, number three in the National Football League in yards per game in yards per play, and their defense is number four in yards per game and yards per play. Think about that ball, A mean, that's they're playing at an elite level on offense and defense. This is a team that is built on the line of scrimmage, and yet they have so much talent, so much versatile talent, especially when you're talking offensively right now, Paul, would it blow your mind to know that twenty one personnel is the number one personnel group and rundown situation for the San Francisco forty nine ers.
Speaker 5: Well, when you have Christian McCaffery and Kyle Uscheck, maybe not.
Speaker 1: I guess forty seven percent of the time they're in twenty one personnel. By the way, sixty seven percent of the time, and rundown they're in a power personnel group because they use twenty two personnel, two backs, two tight end, and one wide receiver. They use that a lot sixty seven percent of the time they're in a power personnel group in rundown situation. And here it comes. Attack the line of scrimmage with running plays, and then attack the line of scrimmage with a fake running play that looks just like the running play, and now you're actually throwing it using play action. It is a simple, simple scheme.
Speaker 5: It's amazing watching the game last week, the announcers were talking about how Wink Martindale was trying to light up brock Purty, how he was just bringing the house snap after snap, and I looked it up. The analytics say that the Giants blitz brock Purty on thirty three of thirty nine dropbacks, and and brock Purty went twenty five to thirty seven for three to ten, two touchdowns, no picks in a passer rating over one to eleven. And by the way, both his touchdown passes came against the blitz. So it doesn't seem to matter what you throw. With the forty nine ers, they are very capable of beating it and win. In doubt, they just go to Christian McCaffer either the throwing it to him, he's running. He is the one running back in the league with more than fifty Carriss under his belt, who has a higher yards per carry than James Conter. Fact, they're the only two running backs in the NFL right now averaging better than five yards of carry.
Speaker 1: Paul It is the most versatile offense in the National Football League. I think Miami is number two, and there's a good reason why, but I think San Francisco is the most versatile offense in the league. When you think of Deebo Samuel, here's a guy that is a wide receiver who's who's probably a better running back then he might even be a wide receiver. And then you've got Christian McCaffrey, who's a running back who's probably could be a better wide receiver than he is a running back, and he's really really good at that. And then you've got the guy to tie it all together, George Kittle, that stud tight end lining up, a guy that can block at the point of attack and hold up, a guy that can run routes like a wide receiver, and a guy that actually can run the ball like a running back. Once he gets the ball in his hands, he's the most dangerous. After he gets the ball in his hands poly George kittlewill run you over and truck you. He's a great runner. After that, you just think of how versatile all of these guys are. Man it is. It is an impressive thing to watch on tape.
Speaker 5: John James Connor said today, quote, it's no secret they play bullyball. So we got to bring the fight to them. Yeldafrohold at his locker told us today, Look, we got to match, if not exceed, their physicality. So yes, that's the expectation. You know what's coming. Can you deal with it now? A year ago you couldn't. You got blown out in both games thirty eight to ten, thirty eight to thirteen. So we'll see what the physicality is like at Levi Stadium, where by the way, the Cardinals have won six of nine all time at that venue. Hey, single game tickets on sale now, Azycardinals dot com slash by tickets to secure your seats today. Rondale Moore is next on The Big Red Raid presented by Santan Ford. In Gilbert.
Speaker 3: Light that Dobbs backing up brows when Suck wide up with his boor he caught into the twenty inside of fifteen, knocked out of bounds. It was a game of about thirty to the thirteen yard line. Dobs on the run, throws the ball near side and it's muck for a first bound by Moore inbounds, a thirteen yard game and Josh Dobs a ten on the money snap. The Dobb's gonna hand it off to mort big haul up the middle forty thirty five thirty twenty more side ten corn the hob cutting down to Martin a forty five yard run.
Speaker 4: If you climb in the saddle, be ready for the ride. That was Rondale.
Speaker 7: Lord.
Speaker 1: I'm climbing into.
Speaker 4: The saddle, running the inside play out of the gun, and he was shot out of a cannon.
Speaker 5: Say if Rondelle Moore sounds half as good as he looked on Sunday, Hello, We've got a heck of a guest here on the Big Red Rage, presented by Santan Ford in, Gilbert Paul kelvyc Ron Wolfley in the aforemention, and Rondale Moore in is highlight montage from weeks one through three. So true story. I was on San Francisco radio earlier today and the first thing they asked about was, because you know these Niners guys, right, they're trying like, Okay, what is this Cardinals team all about? New coaching staff, news scheme. The first question Wolf was about Rondale Moore coming out of the backfield and the ways being used. So you know what, now we get to find out exactly what the Cardinals are thinking and how it's working. Rondale, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 9: I appreciate you guys having me. Glad to be here.
Speaker 5: So they want to know if you are tracking to be the next Deebo Samuel and I say, well, I don't know. Let's ask him. I mean, are they adding running back to your job description as wide receiver?
Speaker 9: Two part question.
Speaker 10: First answer to the first one is no, I's trying to be myself and go execute and be the same guy Evin since I was drafted. And then that's second part with the running back thing. I mean, wherever I can, you know, plug in and be.
Speaker 9: For this team.
Speaker 10: I'm willing to do and I'll be excited and I'll try to go execute whatever it's called.
Speaker 1: So Rondell, you would like to get more running back reps?
Speaker 9: Again?
Speaker 10: Just to reiterate what I said, Man, wherever they see fit for me? Wherever I can give the offense the best chance to go out there and execute and give the team a chance to win.
Speaker 9: I'm cool with that, wherever that may be.
Speaker 5: On the forty five yard refreshed. See, I'm on the sideline. And sometimes it's the best for you. Sometimes it's the worst. Tell us about that play. Just give us the football one one. Where were you exactly to start that play and how did it develop? Take us through it.
Speaker 10: Yeah, so call it a personnel that puts me at the running back. Obviously James is out of the game at this point, and I'm on the right side of the queue. I'm running left. DJ kicked out the end. They went four down, hit it up inside the tackle and there was a big hole. And after that, I kind of just put my head back and let my guy give an abilities take care of the rest untouched. So great scheme. Everyone did their job on that play, all ten other guys. Everyone got blocked, and you know I was able to get.
Speaker 9: An end zone.
Speaker 1: Rondell, when you look at this offense right now, how does this offense differ from last year's offense.
Speaker 10: I just think from an execution standpoint, we've been in some bigger personnels enforcing the run game and making an appointant emphasis every week to go out there and dominating that aspect. So I think that's the biggest difference. And then again, I think just the attention to detail and how we install things, the questions comments. You know, everyone has the floor when things are getting installed, and I think we all just understand what we're trying to accomplish and everything about the play each and every week that they're being installed.
Speaker 5: Rondel Moore is our guest in the Big Red Rage. So one of the most remarkable stats right now to me is that the Cardinals as a team have eight runs of twenty or more yards last year. All of last season there were nine. What do you attribute that to?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 10: Again, I think it's just attention of detail. And obviously you had a big word course in the in the backfield and James Connor and I think we do a great job up front of of giving him holes to run through and and you know he does the rest. But again, you gotta tilt your hat to the guys up front. James, obviously our OC Drew and you know everyone that's a part of that execution.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 10: Shout out to the receivers holding it down on the perimeter as well. And again we're just all on one page. And when you have eleven guys on one page, I think that's when you get explosive plays and able to execute at.
Speaker 9: A high level.
Speaker 1: So coming into this season, Rondelle D did you have goals and if so, what are they?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 10: I I I tend to keep those, you know, within my family and friends, and I don't tend to broadcast those sort of things.
Speaker 9: But I I think the end goal for me.
Speaker 10: And everyone on this on this team is to win, and whatever that takes is what you gotta do. So I think that's been big for us is just going out there and doing whatever it takes to go to go and try to get a W.
Speaker 5: What does a win like that do for what Jonathan Gannon is trying to build? Dallas came in number one in a lot of power poles. Not a single analyst picked the Cardinals in that game. So what is getting to win like that against that team just do for the overall objective here?
Speaker 9: I think it's big.
Speaker 10: We really don't get into he said this, he said this, or whatever, and whoever is whoever is just trying to go out there and execute, and you know, run and hit and have explosive plays and not turn the ball over and just go out there and execute. So each and every week we're trying to accomplish the same thing, whether you're playing the thirty second team or the first team. So just continuing to go out there and try to execute our plan and just continue to roll.
Speaker 1: Rondelle, how is the body feeling right now? How are you feeling?
Speaker 9: I feel great.
Speaker 5: When you were used like the end of last season, right, I think if I'm I've seen this right. You had twenty four catches in your final three games for two hundred and fifty five yards receiving in a touchdown. Did you feel like you built a little momentum the end of last season? And to what degree do you feel like, Okay, you know what, year three, I'm really comfortable in the NFL, and then once I get comfortable in this scheme, I got a chance to roll.
Speaker 9: I don't look at it like that.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 10: I feel like I've been the same player since I was twenty years old and got in this league. I don't think anything's changed mentally for me. I think physically, have you know, added on some things and some nuances here and there, and just obviously learn the game, get a feel for it, speed, things of that sort. But as far as that stuff goes man, confidence has never left my side. Obviously, it's been some hard times with some injuries and things of that sort that you know, it is what it is and it's part of the game and I can't control. But you know, as far as that stuff goes man, there's no momentium or this and that. I think that's it's all overrated in my in my opinion.
Speaker 5: And you know, we if he sounds like he's been there and done that. Remember he was the first true freshman to earn consensus all American honors in Big Ten history about that, right, So you had so much success at such a young age, Rondell, that I mean, none of this really phases you either way, does it?
Speaker 10: Trying to go out there and execute, Man, It's always just been my mindset about it. And things get rough, fall back on your training, trusted people around you, and just go out there and execute. So that's just what I've continued to try to do in and out every year.
Speaker 1: Rondell. When you watch the forty nine ers on tape, defensively, What are you saying.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's a good team.
Speaker 10: They fly around, they hit, they play solid defense, they try to keep everything in front of them, get a lot of his own and they got some really good players on both sides of the football.
Speaker 5: What has been Has there been a similar approach by your first three opponents defensively in this Cardinals offense or do you get a radically different game plan every week?
Speaker 10: I think as an offense, you have your base calls and runs that you know you like to execute and get going with every week. But you know, obviously it'll change depending on the structure of the other team or what the DC has done in the past, and things of that sort. But you always have your your base calls that you want to run against, that work and stand true against any defense in any front, and things of that sort. So do they get exotic sometimes with playing certain players or certain teams, Sure, But I mean a bunch of it is stuff that you know you do well as an offense.
Speaker 1: Ronell, you were talking about they play a lot of zone. When you say that, do they close the middle of the field a lot more than they keep it open? What kind of coverages do they use?
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 9: I mean they mix it up.
Speaker 1: They mix it up.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 10: I mean they'll go three three weeks, they'll play quarters. We'll get some Tampa two ben don't break type of defense. So try to keep everything in front of them and they will.
Speaker 9: They will go.
Speaker 10: Man, they're they're down like most teams in this league.
Speaker 5: So like a lot of teams, I'm guessing they show something pre snap and then they change post snap, right.
Speaker 9: Not as much as you think, truthfully. I think what you see is what you get.
Speaker 10: And they again, they've they've been able to execute that really well. And I think it's on the offense and us to go out there and just execute.
Speaker 1: So when you look at their corners, what's your.
Speaker 10: Impression again, zone guys, when they do press physical, long get their hands on you, and they've been able to cause some disruption over these first few weeks. So, like I said, they got some good players over there, and it's in our hands to go execute.
Speaker 5: Ron Dale Moore is our guest in the Big Red Rage presented by Santan Ford and Gilbert. One of the things really stood out to me was Josh Dobbs after the game, He's got the game ball on the podium, Okay, his first win, first career wins the starting quarterback, and he said the Michael Wilson sixty nine yarder was his third read. And I'm like, wow, okay, if he's seeing the field like that already in a brand new offense, man, what exactly is the upside here? What has impressed you the most with Josh Dobbs so far?
Speaker 9: Just as a way to come in and adapt.
Speaker 10: Obviously he's had a little bit of rapport with Drew as he was the QB coach in Cleveland while Josh was there, so obviously that played a part. But just to come in so quickly and get on page with us and build chemistry and be able to go out there and sling it and have you know, a ton of confidence while doing so.
Speaker 1: You know, for those that are listening right now, Rondell, can you talk about James Connor and just how important it is to get James Connor going in terms of running the ball and what that does for your offense. Talk about the importance of James Connor if you will.
Speaker 9: Yeah, super important.
Speaker 10: That's a guy who you know, has to be accounting for every week for a defense. He's hard to tackle, he gets all the dirty yards and it takes more than one guy to bring him down. And I think for us we feed off of his energy. Has great energy and practice in the game. One of our leaders for sure, so super important to get him going early.
Speaker 5: When Josh s Doabs trucked that free safety right in week two for the touchdown run, there was James Count of the sideline screaming, it's a mindset. What does he mean by that?
Speaker 10: As simple put as he said, it's a mindset. I think you got to go out there every week and just feel as if you know you're the best one on the field. And if all eleven guys out there play like that and feel that way, I think we go out there and execute at a high level.
Speaker 5: And Wolf Josh Dobbs, he was asked this week about Rondell Moore, right, and here's what the Cardinals starting quarterback had to say. As I saw from.
Speaker 7: Afar when he was in college I Purdue, and then obviously here as I saw you know in person on Sunday, he's a playmaker. He's dynamic with the football, and so he's a big part of our offense in that and the more ways we can get the ball in his hand, the more way I can get the ball in his hands as the quarterback, get him in space and take advantage of his matchup across the field. You know, it only helps our offense go.
Speaker 5: You know, in training camp, guys like yours truly over here, right poly pencil neck. I'm like, okay, so you have James count, you got a big back like Keyonta Ingram as well. Who's that change of pay speed guy? And yeah in this last game You're like, wow, maybe it's Rondelle Moore. I mean, what do you think about that? Is that? What does that do to a defense when you can vary it? You know, so the thunder and lightning type, Look.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I think it's it's super cool first and foremost to be able to go back there and be able to execute. I think for defense, it's tough putting bigger body type guys on guys like myself. I think it it makes it tough for guys on the opposing side. So again, what Josh said and Drew does a good job of is just lining guys up in different places to get mismatches all around the field.
Speaker 1: You know, Rondell, we have seen you on a lot of horizontal action, a lot of jet sweeps. Of course, we've seen you and a lot of screens, a lot of horizontal plays. But your forty five yard electric touchdown was in between the tackles. Was it designed to go in between the tackles?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 10: And I actually was telling someone this earlier this week during practice. I have been wide that whole week, and we got some more reps during a walkthrough, and eventually I realizing, oh, this is probably going to hit inside the tackle, so DJA forced to end out hitt in between there. I think I saw Tristan in front of me blacking, and then from there I just saw the end zone.
Speaker 5: And then later you were used as a decoy, I believe, as absorts and then James kind of ripped a twenty six yarder right, So all of a sudden, the defense is conscious to that. And I'll tell you what, you definitely have the attention to the forty nine ers defense. That's what we've been able to ascertain. So Rondel, best of luck on Sunday. We always appreciate the time and keep it up. It's been fun to watch this showl.
Speaker 9: Thank you, guys. I appreciate it.
Speaker 5: Hey, there, you go Rondel Moore Cardinals receiver slash all around weapon and if there's one team that does it very well, it's the forty nine Ers using guys in different spots in different ways. So we'll see what's on display in Week four. Single game tickets on sale now. Just go to Easycardinals dot com slash by tickets. Back to or wrap up this edition to the Big Red Rage, presented by Santan Ford and Gilbert.
Speaker 3: Dobs under center inside forty seconds, takes the snap, takes a knee, the ballgame is over, affirmation for what maniaso For and Jonathan Gannon are building in Arizona. The Cardinal players mob their head coach. They soak him in gatorade as they celebrate a twenty eight to sixteen win Hovid. The Dallas Cowboys win number one, perhaps many more to come in twenty twenty.
Speaker 5: Three, great final call Dave Pash on the Arizona Cardinals Radio Network, Cardinals victorious, trying to take that momentum into a loaded front half of the schedule. They follow up Dallas of the road trip to the forty nine Ers. Well, look, it's a game and game film that has to catch the Niners attention. When the Cardinals go out there, they score on all five of their first half possessions, including that sixty two yard field goal. At the half, they rush for two hundred and twenty two yards on thirty carries, seven point four yards of carry, cram that vertical, and then you have twelve plays of ten or more yards, four runs of twenty plus yards. So, look, the Cardinals are explosive enough on offense and defense, and look, if they want a team, they want a team that can match them in every category. It's the San Francisco forty nine Ers, Big Red Rage presented by santan Ford and Gilbert. Wrapping it up, Paul kelvc Ron wolf Ley. Here's what Jonathan Gannon was all too willing to share with us on his TV show and with the media this week. Wolf that the Niners generate the most explosives and on defense they've allowed the fewest explosives. So the defense, you know, is gonna be buttoned up, even with the change in defensive coordinators going from Tamiko Ryans the former Cardinals head coach Steve Wilkes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's no doubt about it, and a lot of it has got to do with Fred Warner. Bally, that's where I'll start right now. I think Fred Warner is a Hall of Fame football player. Wow, that's what I think. Yeah, no doubt about it. This guy, you watch him on tape. He says physical is you're gonna want out of them, Mike Linebacker. And yet at the same time, he can run, he can move, he moves laterally beautifully, and he's got a beautiful mind as well. He gets everybody lined up and everybody across the board. The gap integrity of this team is really really impressive, and that's saying something when you've got guys like Nick Bosa coming up the field and you know these guys are rushing the quarterback first a lot of the time, a guy like Nick Bosa, they let him go. Javon Hargrave has been huge for them. Eric Armstead and Javon Hargrave. This is very similar to what the Arizona Cardinals faced in Week one against the Washington Commanders and the two great defensive tackles they had. It's very very similar. But now, Paul, the problem is you got Nick Bosa on the outside of that as well. This is one of the best front sevens the Arizona Cardinals will see all season long.
Speaker 5: And remember they let to Forrest Buckner go via free agency. They drafted Javon Kimlaw in the first round. He's been nicked up and has been out of shape, but he's been balling. They got Drake Jackson in the second round out of USC last year. He had three sacks and the openers. So to your point, they are loaded up front like a Washington speaking of here's what Jonathan Gannon had to say about that Niners D.
Speaker 6: You know they got star power on all three levels. D line train wrecks the game. They got linebackers that flow fast, they can take the ball away, they're good in coverage, and they got a back end that place connected with star power. Our team knows very well the challenge that lies ahead on Sunday.
Speaker 5: The Giants got all of one hundred and fifty total yards and offense against that Niners D. Now, it was a Thursday night game, they are on the road, they didn't have Saquon Barkley. I get it. But if there's opportunity anywhere, Wolf, if you're Drew Petsen, where do you try and target? What is the game plan against that forty nine Ers defense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's very similar to what they did did the Dallas Cowboys. You gotta go and you gotta run the ball, Paul. You have got to run the ball. You've got to do it successfully. You're gonna have to pick your spots to throw the ball, taking shots down the field. You might want to go with some max protection, whatever it may be, but yeah, no, I think you've got to run the ball, just like they did against the Dallas Cowboys. The difference is this is a very, very good front seven. Once again, they're number three in rushing yards per game allowed and they're number eleven in rushing yards per play allowed. So there is a little bit of maybe some breathing room right there in terms of trying to run the ball against them, but they are absolutely brutal on all three levels. I love the fact that JG was talking about that because it does speak to the defensive line the forty nine Ers have, and then Fred Warner the linebackers as well, and then talanoa Ufanga, Paul. This guy, this guy reminds me so much of Troy Polamalo.
Speaker 5: It's not even he's out of usc but he's a ballhawk like that right.
Speaker 1: Oh, he's a ballhawk like that. He is. He's got such great instincts. The Pittsburgh Steelers used to go ahead and take Troy Palamalo and line them up and bring him down into the middle of the field. They'd play Robber Robert coverage man across the board with a free safety high. You rush for guys, and then you have Troy Polamalo who's lurking, and you let him do whatever he smells out. You let him do whatever his instincts tell him to do. The Steelers did this over and over and over again, and Ufanga reminds me so much of Polamalo.
Speaker 5: What's interesting in that Giants game that that front seven for the Niners generated pressure on Daniel Jones on twenty three of his thirty four dropbacks, according to Pro Football Focus. Oh wow, So thank goodness, Josh Dobbs is mobile can extend plays. We saw that last week. In fact, you know what, more please when it comes to the quarterback run game. Honestly, I really liked what I saw in a Josh Dobbs And if you've got an ultra aggressive defense like the Niners, maybe, just maybe you know, you can keep him honest with a Josh Dobbs and a keeper here there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, there's no doubt about it. You have to try to do that, I think, PAULI, but you got to be careful as well. This is a guy that is playing very very well again through three games right now. He's got a quarterback rating of over ninety eight and that I honestly can tell you, Paul I did not see that coming.
Speaker 5: And once again, what is next with Josh Dobbs. Yes, what we've seen is a guy getting more comfortable, more accurate, getting more efficient, and based on what the guys are saying in that locker room, there might be more to come now, not necessarily this week against this defense. We'll see, we'll see, But this is an opportunity he has waited for literally his entire football career, sitting the majority of his first six years in the single game tickets on sale now go to Eazycardinals dot com slash buy ticket Special thanks to Rondelmore for joining us. A special thanks to executive producer Jim Amhundro, associate producer Cody Fincher, technical director Lauren Kobal for on Wolfley on Paul KELVC. This has been the Big Red Rage presented by santan Ford in Gilbert.
Speaker 2: You've been listening to the Big Red Rage presented by santan Ford and Gilbert right on the Price right on the corner of the Santan two to two Freeway in Valvesta. The Rage is brought to you by seat Geek your Ticket to Great Seats, and by Arizona Cardinals Podcasts. Visit Azycardinals dot com Slash podcast. This has been an exclusive presentation of the Arizona Cardinals football Club