Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong, Jetty.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Jettie and arms Wrong and Getty. Hey, we're Armstrong and Getty. We're featuring our podcast. One more thing. Find out where aver you find all your podcasts? Hold my calls. I got to work in a couple of sets of squats.
Speaker 3: It's one more thing.
Speaker 2: I can't I can't imagine where those going.
Speaker 3: So even the radio ranch, full of slackers and fatties and stoned in.
Speaker 2: Its has a gym. An office gym. That's right. I've never I've been in it. I've never used it. You know.
Speaker 3: Well I was seriously about to use it when COVID hit, and then of course they had to lock it up so nobody would exercise this or something. Right, Oh the freaking idiocy. Anyway, This from the Journal of Wall Street. Forget the office, Jim, Welcome to the gym. Office working out or just working more. Gyms are encouraging remote working members to stay all day and do both. It's like a Starbucks with a bunch of weight equipment and ellipticals and then.
Speaker 2: The treadmills and stuff.
Speaker 3: So you stay all day, You work a little bit, then you do a couple of sets of squats, and you come back. You make a call, then you throw the iron, you bench press three hundred and fifty pounds ten times, like I like to to relax in the afternoon.
Speaker 2: I stand on that thing with the band around you that shakes you. That's what I mean. Beautiful.
Speaker 4: You guys doing this from a gym. I wouldn't work for this profession.
Speaker 2: Have you ever worked anywhere? This was very popular around here for a while.
Speaker 5: Have you ever worked anywhere, Katie where people sat on the ball to yeah, just strengthen their core.
Speaker 4: I'm surprised you guys didn't see me doing that in the San Francisco building.
Speaker 5: Mmm.
Speaker 2: May have. I just didn't want to.
Speaker 6: Oh.
Speaker 2: Do you feel like it works? Yeah? And it keeps you moving. Yeah, it seems like a good idea.
Speaker 4: And all the rage on the internet right now. Are these treadmills that go under your desk?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 5: Yeah, well wait a second, they go under your desk so you're sitting and you move your feet.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah really wait yeah?
Speaker 4: Or under your standing, you can do both if you have one of the standing desks, like you can walk on it, and then they have a feature where you put it under the desk and you just keep your legs moving at a.
Speaker 5: Sense see that it seems like really uncomfortable and weird to me. I understand the walking on a treadmill while I work, but the sitting with my legs moving and like.
Speaker 3: Passively having your legs pushed along by the treadmill.
Speaker 2: What good would that do? Keep your knees limber? I don't know the ideas.
Speaker 4: You're supposed to move with the treadmill, not just drag your lap, but just moving anything.
Speaker 2: I suppose better is better than sitting still. Whoa, whoa, whoa, breaking news, breaking news. I just got a text from Don Donald Trump Junior. It was a long text.
Speaker 3: Well what it includes a picture of his bearded countenance. Look at that, Hi, Joseph Don Junior. Here as a loyal supporter of my father. I'm reaching out on the behalf of Senate Republicans because they desperately need your help. After reviewing your donor profile, I believe you're the right person for this job. Your donor profile is you have money. Oh and I'm certainly a crazed right winger. So he's trying to raise money allegedly for the Senate Republicans. That's not super on brand for the Trump family. I don't get these fundraising emails at a lot of cartons.
Speaker 2: This might be completely a scammed.
Speaker 5: Right right right, You have to watch out for that. Yeah, hey, back to the working out at work thing.
Speaker 2: Ah, yes, yes, yes.
Speaker 4: So Ka, do you've actually seen people with the treadmills under the desk not the treadmills. I saw a woman who had a bike like the pedals under her desk. She used to have that all disco, but I could see doing that.
Speaker 7: Oh.
Speaker 5: I feel like that's a habit that once you got into you could just you could work regularly and it'd.
Speaker 2: Be great for you. I think that's a terrific idea.
Speaker 3: I got to try the ball maybe at home because the desks are too high in the studio. But I have I haven't talked about this on the air at all, but just sitting on the exercise ball thing. But I am suffering terribly from sciatica at this point. Oh it's it's it's like crazy painful.
Speaker 2: I know what it is and I know it can be dealt with.
Speaker 3: So I observed many years ago, just to myself that fear is the worst component of pain.
Speaker 2: Now, pain itself is bad, but like as a kid.
Speaker 3: Things that that hurt also terrified you because you know you're supposed to be terrified, so you avoid them so you survive. But as an adult, like getting a shot, getting dental work done, you know, there are a hundred things that are they hurt.
Speaker 2: None of it hurts as much as stubbing your toe really hard.
Speaker 3: Oh right, that, yeah, that's true, that's that's brutal, but anyway.
Speaker 5: Seventy all the time, and you don't fall apart over it. When you stub your toe or hit your head and getting on the cabinet or what all that stuff hurts more than getting a shot.
Speaker 4: And you're time to psych yourself out with those. Yeah, but it is the fear. It's the fear part that makes it so right bad.
Speaker 3: You know you're gonna be okay in thirty seconds to two minutes, right, so you don't freak out in the same way. And it's the same with me. I know what sciatic it is, I know how to treat it. I know eventually it'll be fine, but it's brutally painful, but so I'm trying to work on my core.
Speaker 5: Is that a disease or a back thing? I mean, I know it's a back thing, but is it? It's pressure on the sciatic nerve general. You know a number of things can cause it.
Speaker 3: Most commonly, it's that like you're getting older and you aren't flexible enough and your muscles are so tight they're in effect pulling your spine in a way that's bad.
Speaker 2: That puts pressure on the sciatic nerve.
Speaker 3: It can also be like a serious slip disc or a tumor or something like that. But with the vast majority of people, you just need to work on fitness and flexibility.
Speaker 2: So that's what I'm doing. Fine, I think sitting on the ball might help. I bought a motorcycle from a guy who got sciatica and he couldn't ride it anymore. Mmm.
Speaker 5: Wow, So I I really beent him over. I mean because he had no choice. He had to sell it because he was in so much pain. Yeah, that's just smart business, Jesus.
Speaker 2: I didn't literally bend him over because that had been too painful. Yes, yeah, because he's got siatic thing. Anyway, back to the gym. So the idea is you go and you hang out all day long and.
Speaker 3: You do work as necessary, but during your breaks you pump iron or get on the treadmill or whatever, like.
Speaker 2: The people who hang out in the Starbucks all damn day long.
Speaker 5: Remember we had the two guys in the newsroom Michael throw around the medicine.
Speaker 2: Ball, medicine ball, and they brought donuts every day. Do you remember that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And that was just a mocking all the rest of us. That was that was that was a level beyond Katie. This was before your time. So these guys, they were super workout fiends and like really buff and everything like that. Nice guys, but they would have a medicine ball and while they were working in the like newspit, they'd throw the medicine ball back and forth while they were talking, kind of like what Joe was talking about. But they also would buy donuts and they wouldn't eat any of them themselves, just to like prey upon the weakness of the rest of us who weren't as fit as them.
Speaker 2: Oh, I don't like that at all.
Speaker 3: That's that's satanic. Yeah, I mean literally like Satan being the Great Temp Tour, you.
Speaker 4: Know, the the gym Planet Fitness yeah, sure, so I I this was years ago. I'm hoping they don't still do this, but I I dropped my membership there because I went in and I found out that on Friday.
Speaker 2: Nights they have pizza, Yes, and.
Speaker 4: Pizza place, And then there was a bowl of TUTSI rolls on the way out by the register, and I'm going, what are we doing?
Speaker 2: I don't know what that is.
Speaker 3: This is exactly like politicians who want to have the problem, not solve the problem. Because if you're super fit and healthy and all, you might think, you know, I don't need to go belong to a gym. I'll just stay in reasonable shap.
Speaker 2: No, they got to keep you fat.
Speaker 5: I'm into fitness, fitness, pizza into my mouth, yem.
Speaker 3: So here's one GALLO does this by going into this space and not coming back home. I'm going through these movements of the day more intentionally. There's less distraction, and I'm able to set up work more efficient.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm not doing, going through my movements intentionally. I knew it. I didn't want to say anything, but right, Yes.
Speaker 3: Gym's were once wary of letting the remote work vases zoom from their lobbies and locker rooms. Now they see an opportunity and offering extra desks, offices, and outlets. Some are creating coworking spaces to separate the extension court wielders from the pandex crowd.
Speaker 2: I mean, you don't have to be that clever.
Speaker 3: Other gyms are charging extra and offering entire floors for clients to stay in work all day.
Speaker 5: A lot of what this is pointing out, though, is the fact that we all could exercise a lot more than we want. The excuse that I make, I'll just focus on myself of being too busy or whatever.
Speaker 2: It's just it's just a lie. I mean, there's all kinds of things I could. I could.
Speaker 5: I could be doing curls while I'm watching the news, or on the treadmill more often like you do, or whatever, and I just don't. I mean, there's lots of stuff we could all do.
Speaker 2: We just don't. You know why, because I don't want to. Because it's easier not to. That's why. That's fair. Now, that's remarkable honesty. Yeah. My my only tip is start with a little yeah. Yeah, that's that is the key. Doing something is so much better than doing nothing. Oh yeah, One hundred percent.
Speaker 3: Like every level of doing something makes you healthier, live longer, and happier. And so if all you can muster up is kind of.
Speaker 2: Me do met.
Speaker 5: I did this to myself recently, and I've been preaching this for years, but I did this to myself recently when I came out with this workout thing, because I got a bench and dumbbells and all this sort of stuff, and there's like three exercises I was doing every day. Well, it took like a half an hour, and so I did that routinely for like nine months or something like that. But then in the half an hour every time and the kids got out of school in his business, I'm well, how about instead of doing the whole half hour, you just do one of those things for ten minutes.
Speaker 2: I could do that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's the if you got to change clothes, drive to the gym, work out for an hour and a half, take a shour, change clothes, drive back, and you got like this two hour commitment.
Speaker 2: No, you can't fit that into your life, right right.
Speaker 3: I'm a big fan, And partly it's the nature of my job, so maybe easier for me than others. But I never exercised that I'm not taking in news or information or a podcast.
Speaker 2: I can't. I can't.
Speaker 5: I just I don't have the I know plenty of meatheads worked out of gym's all the time.
Speaker 2: Maybe they're healthier than me mentally.
Speaker 5: They probably are, but could just lift weights and do all that sort of stuff, just staring at the ceiling all day long.
Speaker 2: I can't do that. No, it makes me insane. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Now I do like to strip shirtless and look at my shaved, oiled body taking I.
Speaker 2: Do a lot of poison in the mirror. One of these. Oh yeah, oh that's a good one. One of those. Oh look at that one. Yeah, don't ever do that again. This is fantastic. I took a turn. Folks.
Speaker 8: You know, I resent those two guys that we used to work with. They'd get themselves strong and they'd fatten the rest of us up.
Speaker 2: Suck.
Speaker 3: It's the Armstrong E Getdy Show, featuring our podcast One more Thing. Download it, subscribe to it wherever you like to get podcasts.
Speaker 5: Anyway, as we learned in the hearing yesterday, we have been visited by aliens, and one actually came down and met with a bunch of Earth leaders about the whole human gender situation. So this alien comes to planet Earth, particularly in the United States, and finds out that we have a thing about genders and more than one gender that they hadn't encountered on their planet. That's the setup to this Babylon Bee comedy bit. So you're gonna hear kind of a weird voice. That's the alien sitting at the hall, at the head of a boardroom table. I don't know how this occurs, but they're like in the board's kind of the take me to your leader thing.
Speaker 3: He's come into the you know, the halls of power and said, all right, I'm in charge.
Speaker 5: Now, and he's talking to a whole bunch of business people or Americans or.
Speaker 2: Something like that. Government officials, government officials. Okay, well here's how it goes.
Speaker 7: General Floyd, thank you for agreeing to meet with us today. Well, I'm giving you a chance to beg and pleat.
Speaker 9: I say, we just joy Your planet is my favorite partner. The job they've destroyers, we don't deserve it.
Speaker 2: The looks on their faces, it's a hoot.
Speaker 10: Perhaps we should start out by introducing ourselves. I'm Chief of Space Operations, General Foreman.
Speaker 11: He him Under Secretary of State Angus Miller, he him.
Speaker 12: Chief Diversity and Inclusion Officer, Amanda Williams she her?
Speaker 9: And what exactly is a chief Diversity and Inclusion officer.
Speaker 7: It's my job to be a black woman.
Speaker 2: Well, good job.
Speaker 7: Then, And what is this?
Speaker 9: He? Him, she her?
Speaker 7: Which you are all speaking?
Speaker 12: Those are our gender pronouns, so you know which gender we identify as.
Speaker 9: I appreciate that, but I am pretty good at telling the difference between the two genders a man, man woman.
Speaker 7: Now that I was a lucky guess. But there are way more than just two genders.
Speaker 2: Fascinating.
Speaker 9: We've been probing humans for years and I have only discovered the two. How many genders.
Speaker 7: Are there too? It's hard to know. Really, it's changing all the time.
Speaker 9: So your species is evolving that rapidly remarkable. Perhaps while you are sitting here you will grow additional limbs or developed the ability to breathe underwater. Well, that's not what we meant. It's too bad. I breathe on don't water. It's a lot of fun. If you threw twenty pennies into a pool, I could dive down and pick them all up without ever.
Speaker 7: What's reservicing pool.
Speaker 2: What no applause?
Speaker 9: So what are these genders and how do they function?
Speaker 7: Function?
Speaker 2: I don't understand.
Speaker 6: Oh yes, on.
Speaker 9: My planets, the female gender is the giver of life, raising and nurturing our young, preserving our civilization for eons to.
Speaker 7: Come, while the males mostly just mow.
Speaker 9: Our space loans and make multiple trips to space on depout.
Speaker 12: What you're talking about is sex. Gender is something different exactly.
Speaker 11: People can identify with genders different than their natal sex or with none at all.
Speaker 6: But why.
Speaker 2: It's just the way we feel.
Speaker 7: No, it was the way we're born.
Speaker 11: Well, of course, a lot of times they don't realiz how they were born until someone tells them, someone like a teacher, social media influencer.
Speaker 2: And what exactly are these various genders? You have me very curious.
Speaker 11: Well, there's non binary, which is someone who identifies as both genders.
Speaker 9: Doesn't saying I identify as both genders apply that there are only two genders?
Speaker 7: No, it's shut up. Actually, it's gender queer.
Speaker 12: That is the term that refers to people who identify as both genders.
Speaker 7: You know, like my nephew.
Speaker 10: I thought that was gender fluid, like my niece now no, that shifts around.
Speaker 7: No, by gender shifts around like my steps on.
Speaker 1: They can.
Speaker 10: Well, oh, unless you're Native American, which case it's too spirit like my cousin who got into Harvard because they's one sixteenth Native Americans.
Speaker 7: Oh, I understand.
Speaker 9: On this planet there are people who are men, and people who are women, and people who are mentally ill.
Speaker 12: I can understand that it's confusing. It can be difficult to keep track of all the different genders.
Speaker 7: There's so many of them. There's there's gender vague, there's.
Speaker 12: Gray gender, demigender, audi gender, omnigender, polygender, and about ten different kinds of trands. And those are just the ones that my nephew has identified as in the last month. I was also by gender, which is two genders, those genders being male and female, or a combination of all genders, including a gender which is no gender at all, soually simultaneously be no gender at all plus a gender.
Speaker 2: It's pretty cool.
Speaker 1: Huh.
Speaker 7: The planet has no sign of intelligent life.
Speaker 9: Official recommendation destroyed.
Speaker 2: Well, please don't destroy it.
Speaker 7: We don't deserve it.
Speaker 5: Look, my favorite part of that whole thing is when they're laying out of that stuff and he says, why.
Speaker 2: The question no one can answer. I can answer it.
Speaker 3: It's so young adolescents feel special and get praised by their mentors. I'm not just a regular dude anymore. I'm I don't know, gender fluid. Oh Joe, that's so wonderful. We'll support you. You're so brave.
Speaker 2: Come on, why.
Speaker 3: Please do not use gendered language to address everyone?
Speaker 8: You get the hell out of here.
Speaker 1: See Armstrong and Getty Show or Jack your Joe podcasts and our hot links.
Speaker 5: It's the Armstrong and Getty Show featuring our podcast One more Thing.
Speaker 2: We do a new one every day. Find it wherever you.
Speaker 3: Find your podcasts. Paying tribute to one of the greats. It's one more thing.
Speaker 5: Then I have an admission of all Slash complained about myself when we thought we'd bring back one of the best thing.
Speaker 2: What do you call me? You know?
Speaker 3: Before I get to that, it occurs to me that intro could have been to talk about Elton John because, as I disclosed during the show, when I'd heard he'd played his last show allegedly, you know this, it's rock stars. Sometimes they unretire, but he's seventy six. I went back and listened I saw on YouTube some shows from the first tour I saw him on, which I think was nineteen eighty, might have been eighty one, and how blown away I was at the time by Elton but his band, how great they were. I was playing music at the time, and I was coming off, you know, like seeing the Stones, who didn't even attempt the harmonies that make their records so incredible. Keith couldn't be bothered to sing his parts some of the times, those giant, soaring harmonies like you know, the tumbledice are all down the line or stuff like that.
Speaker 2: They didn't have any backup singers. They didn't They would just have mixed in, Oh damn the lune.
Speaker 3: And as a guy who's long been into harmonies, it just I hated that. So then I go to see Elton John and his band full throated like a damn choir, and it's just the guys on stage singing all those great songs with all those great choruses and just playing out of the rock and roll, and I thought, Wow, what a great band. So anyway, tip of the cap, Elton, you chubby little legend, you what a great band.
Speaker 2: He really looks like an old lesbian at this point he does. He does. It's not a complaint, it's just what he looks like.
Speaker 3: I happen to know and love a couple of old lesbians, so I have said many times they are my favorite people, old lesbians.
Speaker 5: Your favorite people are old lesbians. Yes, huh, that's been my experience.
Speaker 3: Really interesting anyway, But we're not talking about Elton John or old lesbians. Well clearly who we are talking about Elton John. But the introduction wasn't talking about Elton John. It was a reference to during the show, Ryan Long's brilliant video when wokes and racists agree on everything and we're going to try to squeeze it in the show, but we didn't get to it.
Speaker 5: And you called this one of the best pieces of satire you've ever heard, which I would agree.
Speaker 2: I think it's underappreciated. I think it is.
Speaker 3: I think it's like at the very very top level of American socio political comment ever. Now, I've seen a bunch of his videos, some of them are just good, but this one is this is his Stairway to Heaven. Ladies and gentlemen, Ryan Long put me and bradforst Matt.
Speaker 13: I didn't think we'd get along, But turns out we kind of agree on everything. Your racial identity is the most important thing.
Speaker 2: Everything should be looked at through the lens of race.
Speaker 9: Thinks you owe me a coke.
Speaker 2: Dam We both have a lot of opinions about people of color, even though we barely know. I say colored people, But as.
Speaker 13: Long as we're classifying them, we both think minorities are a united group who think the same, enact the same, and.
Speaker 2: Both the same. You don't want to lose your blackguard.
Speaker 11: Sorry, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I just think we should roll back.
Speaker 13: Discrimination laws so we can hire days on race again.
Speaker 2: Thinks now you owe me a coke? Hey, tell them what you told me yesterday.
Speaker 11: White actors youd only do voices for a white cartoon characters and saying that for years stick to your own.
Speaker 2: Us white people, we have so much privilege. I agree, and it's a privilege to be white.
Speaker 13: Ask him about interracial dating. All I say is that black men who date white women have internalized racism, and white men that date ethnic women are fetishizing them.
Speaker 7: Guys against interracial dating? Yeah?
Speaker 13: Like, am I being pranked?
Speaker 2: Did Boomor put you up to this?
Speaker 7: Ugh? You know what?
Speaker 2: Taco place is white owned.
Speaker 13: White people should be making white food.
Speaker 2: It's a crap Macdarni and chese. No seasoning, not even solved. It's like he's a mind reader.
Speaker 13: I mean, I've been pushing for segregation forever, and my man does what. I created an improv comedy show exclusively for ethnic Beefic guy segregates comedy on my birthday.
Speaker 5: White people need to stop wearing dreadlocks, and they stop appropriating black people's music.
Speaker 13: Shaved heads and country music the way gotten tended.
Speaker 2: You know, all white people are racist. I'm listening.
Speaker 8: Even if you have a black wife or a black friend group, you're still really racist.
Speaker 13: You know, we just kicked it out of the organization for having a black girlfriend. But if you can promise me he's still really racist, we'll consider letting him back in. Black people should only show about black businesses.
Speaker 5: I guess the only thing we really disagree about is I think white people are the.
Speaker 6: Root of all evil.
Speaker 2: But what did I tell you?
Speaker 1: Though?
Speaker 13: If we can narrow that down to a certain group of tiny how did white people? I think we can come to an understanding. Technically, I don't consider Jewish people neither do I.
Speaker 2: When racist wokes and racists agree on everything, Ryan Long.
Speaker 5: Why is that not more discussed that? Uh, when I was a little kid, they had dorms at colleges that were blacks only and whites only. Then that was decided to be a horror. Then they were mixed together, and now we're going with dorms that are blacks only or whites only again and seen as progress or a good thing.
Speaker 3: Well, I think part of the reason is, and we talked about this a lot hour two of the Monday Show if you want to grab the Armstrong and get you on demand podcast, that a lot of it is neo Marxism, it's cultural Marxism, and it's racial. It's actually it's a method of grabbing political power that masquerades as racial concern. And so the flaming, idiotic inconsistency of it there. The left is not going to address those because that's not what they're going for anyway, and because the mainstream media sees themselves aligned with the left and are frequently duped into thinking, yes, this is about race, primarily they don't want to talk about it.
Speaker 5: So I saw Elton John. I'm trying to think what year it was, two thousand.
Speaker 2: Seven or something like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I saw him at one point during the kind of the comeback years.
Speaker 5: I saw him in San Jose the hockey rink, and it was it was real good. It wasn't mind blowing, so I'm I might have been too old for that. The thing that stands out in my mind the most is the crowd was just loving all the greatest hits so much, and then he jumped in with stuff from his new album and just killed the mood for everyone. Here's something from my new album, and everybody groans.
Speaker 2: H R.
Speaker 5: Damn creative artists to try to create new art, please, where do they get off? I know that's a weird thing, isn't that. We'll decide when you're through creating. I've thought this myself when I'm seeing musicians. This song, the song that I want him to play was new to me at one point. That was a new song at one point, So maybe this will be great, although so seldom it is. And the songs that he played that were new, nobody dug them at all and I don't even remember them, and they disappeared.
Speaker 2: Into the ether.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Tiny Dancer, we're here. We spent our money to hear tiny dnswer, hold me closer, tiny dancer.
Speaker 2: You know, I've.
Speaker 3: Had bands, individual artists.
Speaker 2: I don't like the term artists. I find it pretentious.
Speaker 3: Anyway, songwriters that I love, and I will come to the conclusion, Okay, you're out of ideas.
Speaker 2: You had some really great ideas.
Speaker 3: Now you're either repeating yourself where this new thing just doesn't work.
Speaker 2: Which is fine. That's what Billy Joel did.
Speaker 5: He stopped putting out music, what thirty some years ago, putting new music. Yeah, he hasn't written a new song like thirty some years. And he said, I just think I was done. I just I don't think I had anything left to say. And people liked my old song.
Speaker 2: So yeah, fair enough, fair enough.
Speaker 3: And then I read a interview with the John Mellencamp, who's every time i'd say his name, I'm tempted to call him John mellonhead because I've arrested adolescens. He didn an interview the other day where he said he stopped playing for years and years and years because he had no interest in being a human jukebox. He would, you know, play really good stuff he'd come up with, nobody had any interest in it, and he could bang out the old hits and play him crappy and it didn't matter.
Speaker 2: He didn't even have to.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and he thought, no, what, just go listen to the CD, go listen to the radio. I'm not gonna prance about up here. If you have no interest in music, you just want to hear the hits.
Speaker 5: Wow, that is the opposite of the Rolling Stones philosophy.
Speaker 2: We're gonna barely go through the motions.
Speaker 5: We're gonna give you twenty five percent of what this song is. If you listen to the record, you're gonna pay a ton for it. And we're perfectly fine with that. Well, that was the old Stones.
Speaker 3: Now the Stones sound fantastic in spite of them being octagenarians. Their shows sound great now. But anyway, that's interesting.
Speaker 5: Some people are perfectly okay with that, and I don't blame them. You know, if the fans are enjoying themselves, you should try you should try to sound your best.
Speaker 2: But yeah, but.
Speaker 5: But if the fans are fine with seeing, you know, hearing their greatest hits live and in person, I don't know, it seems well.
Speaker 3: And at the same time, if John Mellencamp doesn't want to do that, don't do that.
Speaker 2: You don't have to.
Speaker 3: I don't find that pretentious or mean or wrong or whatever. It's a voluntary occupation. Go paint and hang out with your fifth wife.
Speaker 5: And because music was structured so much differently, he's got more money than God.
Speaker 2: Anyway. I think about that all the time.
Speaker 5: Some of these super wealthy aging musicians or whatever, how much money would they have made in the modern era? Would they be working at the grocery store. I mean, they have several big hits. You can think of lots of people that only had a couple of hits. They'd be working at the grocery store or be insurance agents or something right now, even with those giant hits, because they'd.
Speaker 2: Made no money, right Yeah.
Speaker 3: I Actually, on the other end of it, I know some people in bands that are if they had come along in the seventies, they would be very, very wealthy, and now they're continuing to tour and playing bars and stuff because they need the money, or giving piano lessons between tours.
Speaker 2: Literally, isn't that something? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Man, if you could have if you could have two three top forty hits in the eighties, you were set for life.
Speaker 2: Now forget it.
Speaker 5: No, you've got some money, you can tour around, work really hard, live off that for a while while.
Speaker 2: But oh times change.
Speaker 8: Hey, Jack, you mentioned that some people are throwing things that artists, I mean, other the crowd.
Speaker 2: They're throwing things.
Speaker 8: At musicians now right, political speeches that would cause me to throw stuff.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't think that's what they're doing, though. It's just in the middle of songs. They just like it's popular to throw cell phones with people. A couple people have been hitting the face cell phones. Yeah, they're a little expensive art and I'm not throwing my fourteen hundred dollars phone at you.
Speaker 2: But somebody got hit in the face the other day. Several people have in recent weeks.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that chick got hit in the face and it ended up in four stitches on her eyebrow.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, Yeah I would. I would have my security goons beat that person down. Sorry, I realized that's a terrible thing to say out loud. Oh, the internet got a hold of him. I think he lost his job and all sorts of stuff. Oh, they just take his profile and his personal info and put it out. No, he shouldn't lose his job. He should just be punched in the head three or fourteen.
Speaker 5: The Internet got a hold of him. He loses his job. He's a pariah. Probably have to move, change his name, get a fake mustache, whole thing.
Speaker 2: That's a great phrase, by the way, the Internet got ahold of him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, do you talk about brutality.
Speaker 2: I'd rather be punching you, No kidding.
Speaker 1: The Armstrong and Getty Show, Yeah more Jack, your Shoe podcasts and our hot lakes.
Speaker 5: It's the Armstrong and Getty Show featuring our podcast one more thing.
Speaker 2: We do a new one every day. Find it wherever you find your podcast. So have you been following the story out of Colorado?
Speaker 3: Some woke jack teacher told a twelve year old kid, you gotta leave because you have a Don't Tread on Me flag Gadsden flag patch on your backpack.
Speaker 5: Wow, a patch on the backpack, which is not even that prevalent. My son wears they don't Tread on Me t shirt to school regularly.
Speaker 2: Good.
Speaker 3: He's you know what, I ought to establish a foundation and buy like fifty thousand of them and distribute them free to any kid who wants to wear one.
Speaker 4: Yes, Ken, if you look at his backpack, the kid's obviously running for some position. I think it said vice president of his class. So he has a bunch of political patches on his backpack to go with his little campaign poster.
Speaker 2: Just to set the scene.
Speaker 6: Longer recesses vote for Jimmy you know whatever.
Speaker 2: Hey for offending machines.
Speaker 8: We also have a clip of the mom confronting the teacher as well.
Speaker 2: Isn't that clip six?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: It is. Well that's what I'm leading up to.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, why don't you Why don't you, mic I'm so sorry.
Speaker 2: I was misled by my superior. I think here's the pressures I'm under. I explode. I think you're treading on him, is what you're doing? Guilty? Well well played, so well played? All right, Michael.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's listen to Mom talking to the aforementioned woke teacher.
Speaker 7: He I mean he is able to go.
Speaker 2: I was actually just telling him.
Speaker 7: Like I was upset that he's missing so much. So I asked Dad go back to class, like I just wanted to go back to class. That can't go back if so catch on it.
Speaker 2: We can't have that in and a round other kids.
Speaker 11: So that's what I was trying that.
Speaker 7: He said, you were close, so I was like, oh, oh, yeah, it has.
Speaker 5: Nothing to do with slavery.
Speaker 7: That's like the Revolutionary War patch.
Speaker 2: That was when they were fighting the British.
Speaker 3: So that was mom, I assume, yeah, had her phone out with the ignoramus teacher.
Speaker 4: From from there, the clip continues to that that jack teacher just saying, well, I'll have to direct you to the district. And then she said the name of whoever it was, she asked a contact, and it was just yeah, it'sested you never this smug look on her face.
Speaker 5: If I'm the teacher, well, first, well I wouldn't believe that. But if I'm the teacher somebody gets out their phone and I'm on this topic, I'm referring it to someone.
Speaker 2: Above me, I would yell because it ain't gonna go well no matter what happens.
Speaker 3: Well she did, and after a couple of days the district said, yeah, a kid can wear the patch, of course he can. And then interestingly enough, the governor of Colorado tweeted Obviously, the Gadsden flag is a proud symbol of the American Revolution and an iconic warning to Britain or any government not to violate the liberties of Americans. It appears on popular American medallions and challenge coins through today, and Ben Franklin also adopted it to symbolize the Union of the Thirteen Colonies. It's a great teaching moment for a history lesson.
Speaker 5: Are you telling me that child's nut pro slavery, because that's what I assumed a teacher needs a history lesson that that little kid, the fifth grader, was running on a up with slavery platform to be class president.
Speaker 3: Show me an American school that is not an indoctrination factory for left wing ideas.
Speaker 6: There are some I want free desserts at lunch and chattel slavery. Homework is optional, labor will be uncompensated.
Speaker 3: Wow wow, but how many classrooms are flying your super rainbow flag. I mean this rainbow that also includes the transgender colors and the binary colors and the rest of it, freaking all of them.
Speaker 5: Imagine the trouble you're in if you say we don't want political flags in our classroom, if you kick that one out.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: I try not to let it make me like frustrated, angry, because I have the outlet of the show and podcast and everything. I so sympathize with parents who don't have this sort of outlet and are just enraged at what's happening. And they don't have the money to send their kid to a private school, and they might not have the time to homeschool them, so.
Speaker 2: What are they supposed to do? God, this pisses me off.
Speaker 5: I heard this from a child of grade school age that when they say the pledge of a legiance every morning, there are a few kids who say, I pledge allegiance to the Pride flag everywhere. But not certain whether that's a sarcastic why is this flag always in my face commentary? Or I don't know what the you know, I don't know what the gesture means.
Speaker 2: It's the double reverse, yeah exactly? It might be.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because the flag's hanging up on the wall next to the US flag, so you.
Speaker 3: Know, then you know the lives of TikTok among others. I've seen a handful of a teacher's bragging that they've taken down the American flag. The only flag in this classroom is the Pride flag.
Speaker 4: Now, oh yeah, because that's the other flag that was going around viraln TikTok for being a symbol of slavery was the American flag.
Speaker 2: People were losing it about that, right.
Speaker 5: Yes, sixty nineteen project and all that sort of stuff. Right, yeah, I think I know what to do about this.
Speaker 3: But how do we feel about quote unquote re educ cation camps. It's kind of got a negative connotation, doesn't it.
Speaker 2: Perhaps patriotism academies? What do you think of that name? We'd like you, ma'am.
Speaker 3: I know you're teaching this class and throwing kids out for having the Gansten flag, but we need you to attend a patriotism academy for a few weeks.
Speaker 2: Wow. Wow, the protests at that. That's very Chinese of you. Geez, that was insensitive.
Speaker 8: You know, when I went to school, the only problem was the school cafeteria in that questionable meat.
Speaker 2: Right yeah, right, Simpler time, simpler time.
Speaker 5: Quick question for you, What if you happen to miss this unbelievable radio program.
Speaker 3: The answer is easy, friends, just download our podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand. It's the podcast version of the podcast show, available anytime, any day, every single podcast platform known demand.
Speaker 5: Download it now, a Strong and Getty on Demand Armstrong and Getty