Speaker 1: Hey, it's Brigan Jeffrey and you have found your brand new second Dy podcast Yes Friday, to get you through whatever you need to today or just make you laugh.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 1: That's the goal here. And this actually is really funny. It is. It's a really funny one. I think you're really going to enjoy it.
Speaker 2: You know, this guy was definitely worried about a story, an old story he told that he thought would be funny that you know, he came off as a freeloading criminal.
Speaker 1: But whatever she did. Laugh, it happens, It happens, It happens. You're gonna do the whole thing. And we always love.
Speaker 2: To read your comments because it really means so much to us that you take time out of your day to write them.
Speaker 1: So, alexis, what do you like?
Speaker 2: I saw one from olin A who said the only thing that should have been offered to him was a therapy session.
Speaker 1: My god, about past second.
Speaker 2: Date, and I'm thinking, what if we did offer therapy in dinner it would be a really good Like, instead of the gift certificate, you get just a therapy session.
Speaker 3: You're trying to destroy the show.
Speaker 1: That's a good point.
Speaker 4: No one get therapy and requesting dates from most second dates.
Speaker 1: Meant disable people don't call radio stories. All right, I see you, Jose. All right, your brand new second date starts right now.
Speaker 3: Second date update.
Speaker 5: You ask anybody and you'll get a lot of different responses for what's the best time of day for a date? Oh yeah, because I mean you have the traditional seven o'clock dinner plans people.
Speaker 3: I'm literally going to see seven pm.
Speaker 5: But then you also have the hikers and bikers who are like, ooh, five in the morning, let's wake up early and go for a ride together while the sun rises on my tandem two person speed bike.
Speaker 4: Wait, but I gotta get up at two am first to work out.
Speaker 6: Before or five?
Speaker 5: Yeah, our listener res he might fall somewhere in the middle of those based on what he chose to do for his first date the other day, So let's talk to him about it.
Speaker 3: Rez, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 7: Hey guys, thanks for having me.
Speaker 3: Hey you doing.
Speaker 2: Oh we're pretty good. Yeah, good time of day to do the show.
Speaker 5: Yeah, what time of day do you like to go on your dates?
Speaker 7: Res, I'm a gentleman, so I like to go at whatever time is convenient for my date.
Speaker 1: I was like, Okay, so you asked them when would be best?
Speaker 7: Yeah exactly.
Speaker 5: Like, so tell us about this woman that you met recently, what's her name and what time did she want to go out?
Speaker 7: So this woman's name is Katrina, and she said she was free on a Sunday and kind of left me with that, and I was like, well, like Sunday is brunch day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think a great date.
Speaker 7: Yeah exactly. So we did like a Sunday brunch buffet that I really love that been to before, and so we met at the place and we hit it off like immediately, and I was like, on my best behavior, you know, I wanted to be a total gentleman, like opened the door, pulled her chair out, really really was like into this girl.
Speaker 5: You know a lot of people like to get rowdy and go wild at brunch. So it's good that you reeled it in and held yourself in check.
Speaker 4: Don't push her into the door, open it for her.
Speaker 3: Okay, put into it. Let her go first for the omelet section. She gets to do her choice. That's really nice of it.
Speaker 1: That's cute. I mean, were you able to connect?
Speaker 3: Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 5: I know Brooke wants to know about your connection and if there was like a vibe going on we're doing. I'm more curious about what the selection was like at that buffet.
Speaker 1: You want to know if there's crab legs or not. I do.
Speaker 4: I'm glad you're asking you if it was like a oyster like a seafood buffet.
Speaker 2: I do love when they have when they have a crash.
Speaker 5: Because you said it's a breakfast buffet, So does that mean it's all serve yourself or is there a menu that you can order off of? Like I need a new spot to hit up.
Speaker 7: I mean, this is my secret spot. I'm not telling anyone. Yeah, I'm gay king thing. But there was a carving station which was sick. I was putting down the bacon, but shoeses into like a ton of different fruit.
Speaker 1: Usually it's usually just like one fruit salad.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like the worst part of the buffet.
Speaker 6: Well, there's a kiwi there.
Speaker 2: Usually kiwis unless it's the real fancy ones have the smoothie stations.
Speaker 7: Like I said before, like I won't tell.
Speaker 6: You where this place is.
Speaker 7: But the place is legit. It has absolutely everything, all the fruits.
Speaker 3: And fruit palace. You won't ask questions.
Speaker 7: So being the gentleman that I am. Like, every time I was either going or coming back, I would ask her, like, is there anything that I can get you? Running up getting her bagel, getting there some pineapples?
Speaker 1: Did you describe your trips to the buffet? It sounds like you two did some damage at this place, which is good, right. I imagine him just being the serve her to her honestly.
Speaker 5: Well, get your money's worth. But did anything like awkward or weird happen?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 7: Like I decided to reveal to her this uh like age old brunch hack that me and my friends have or had.
Speaker 1: What is it?
Speaker 7: You know how hotels do continental breakfast for the guests. Yeah, so like if you just walk into this hotel and you just walk up to the buffet, sit down, get your food, sit down, like you know what you're doing, like you belong there? Do you just eat it in length?
Speaker 2: That's very risky though, because you make your show the little cupons usually like the little people.
Speaker 1: You wouldn't take her to a hotel, did you?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 7: No, I just told her that hack.
Speaker 3: That hack that's actually just an illegal activity. Okay, I mean the eggs.
Speaker 2: Aren't real anyway, And how old has that waffled been sitting there.
Speaker 3: Something, jes Yes. How did Katrina reacts to hearing your hack?
Speaker 7: I mean like immediately she just had this look on her face like I don't know, like my face was melting off.
Speaker 3: It was not good.
Speaker 2: She's a better person than Yeah, you would think she'd laugh and talk about like how she got free stuff in college something, you.
Speaker 3: Know, unless you did it last week. And she probably assumed that you weren't going to pay for brunch this.
Speaker 1: She's like, wait, have you paid for this meal tonight yet?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Oh yeah.
Speaker 7: I had to backpedal and be like I only did this when I was seventeen, Like I'm gonna tip like thirty percent now?
Speaker 2: Yeah, So did the whole energy shift after that combo?
Speaker 7: Yeah? We wrapped up hugs, so really weird. And then we haven't spoken in.
Speaker 3: Like a whole week.
Speaker 2: YI.
Speaker 1: Have you tried?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 7: I reached out. I texted her the next day because I was kind of like hoping she would text me later that day being like I had such a good time or something, and she didn't.
Speaker 3: Think you did this to yourself.
Speaker 4: You taught her how to get free food and she doesn't need you anymore.
Speaker 1: She's busy. Yeah, she does you a person fish or teach him to fish? I see you go.
Speaker 5: Well, we'll find out when we call her and see if she actually stole your brunchhack and is using it for evil when we do your second date update right after this.
Speaker 7: Thank you guys, and then hold on.
Speaker 5: Second date update if you're just joining us for the second date update. We've been talking to res about his brunch date at a super secret brunch location that he refuses to disclose on the radio.
Speaker 1: It's very strange how protective he is at this place.
Speaker 3: He's he is, But.
Speaker 5: That's where he took a woman named Katrina recently, and it was going extremely well until he made the mistake of speaking specifically speaking about his brunch hack, where you can get free continental breakfast from hotels if you just walk in and act like you're staying there.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean that's that's stealing it.
Speaker 2: But yeah, but stealing things doesn't cost anything, so that can.
Speaker 3: Be considered a hack. Yeah, if you look at it in a different way.
Speaker 1: It was an idea.
Speaker 5: It did change the vibe for the rest of their date, though, because Katrina did not have the best reaction. He's hoping we can get things back on track. And in an unrelated note, the CEO of Best Western called in and wants to speak to you after the segment is over. Okay, Rez, I gave them your phone number so you can chat later.
Speaker 7: I mean, I had been to nothing, though.
Speaker 1: You already admitted to it.
Speaker 3: Head, we have recorded.
Speaker 2: Evidence, So I'm gonna tell you should ask for a lawyer if you ever get called in.
Speaker 1: Don't do your own talking, you know.
Speaker 7: I honestly I regret talking about it to you guys, and I regret talking about on my date.
Speaker 5: This is ruining my life.
Speaker 1: Yes, wow, well that seems dramatic.
Speaker 5: The good news is we don't know if that was the cause. Sure she could have some other re in to not be calling you back. But let's dial her number right now. We'll figure out what she has to say. All right, great, Hopefully she picks up. And this is a good time for you to not say anything.
Speaker 3: Okay, All right, here we go. I'm dialar right now.
Speaker 7: Hello.
Speaker 3: Hey is this Katrina? Yes, hey, Katrina, You're on a radio show right now.
Speaker 5: It's called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 7: Bye, Hi, welcome to the show.
Speaker 4: I like jeff branched out there for a Yeahtyle.
Speaker 3: I know it really opened up.
Speaker 6: Sorry, I'm on a radio show.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning, And this is a segment that we do. You might be familiar with it. It's called a second date update.
Speaker 6: I don't know. Is this like a prank?
Speaker 5: No, No, we do those too, Yeah, but this one is one where we're trying to help one of our listeners get back in touch with you after you went on a date with him, a guy named Res.
Speaker 7: Oh.
Speaker 6: Okay, yeah, look, I'm sorry. There's just no way that I can go out with him again. But thank you guys for calling.
Speaker 5: No wait, wait, that's okay for you to say that, but could you maybe give us a little bit more information on why, because Res is really confused. He told us about your brunch date, but he's clueless for the reason.
Speaker 2: You might be blowing him off, and you sound real strong in that conviction there that you don't want to see him again.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 6: I mean I should say he was a really nice guy. He was very polite. He was like offering to get any food. We went to this brunch buffet.
Speaker 1: Why wouldn't you want to do that.
Speaker 3: You don't like nice guys?
Speaker 6: No, I like nice guys. He's just missing something missing.
Speaker 3: Did something happen at the buffet that turns you off?
Speaker 6: I mean, yeah, it was. Honestly, it was so weird, like I've never I've never experienced anything like this before. It was it was so strange. Like I said, he was really nice. He's like offering to go get me food right from the buffet, which was like very gentlemanly of him. I was like, sure, okay, I'll have like some candlope. And then I'd see him walking around and he finally comes back a few minutes later and he's like, oh, they don't have it. But I could see it from where we were sitting, Like I could see there was candlope sitting on like one of the buffet things.
Speaker 2: Maybe he's one of those guys that gets candle open honeydew mixed up.
Speaker 1: Maybe he's like some men don't know they're melons.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 6: I mean, I was like, maybe he missed it right, Maybe he just didn't see it, Like there's a lot of food there. So I winted to where it was and I was like, oh, I think I see it right over there. So he gets up, he walks over there, and I see him like circling the table and he's not grabbing the cantlope. And then he brings me back a bowl of like fairies and he was like, they didn't have it. So I just got you this. I hope that's okay.
Speaker 1: Wow, So did you just get up and go get it? Finally?
Speaker 6: Well, no, because I realized I don't think this guy knows what canalope is, Like, I don't how do you not know what a candelope is?
Speaker 3: I a tree?
Speaker 6: I was so shocked in that moment. Wow.
Speaker 5: So just to be clear, the big red flag in your mind was that this is a man who does not understand what type of fruit canelope is.
Speaker 3: Like that's a big turn off to you him, Like you're.
Speaker 6: A thirty year old man and you've never heard of candleop? What else has he not heard of you? We're going to go on a date and he's gonna be like, oh, I can't read, I.
Speaker 2: Can't read candalop to suddenly the poor man can't read?
Speaker 1: Like that is a wild jump to make.
Speaker 6: Those are basic things though, Like if it's one basic thing he doesn't comprehend, then what any other basic thing is going to show up?
Speaker 5: Well, let's ask him what a they're basic things? He doesn't know and comprehend the math because res is on the other line of this phone call right now, listening, waiting to talk to you.
Speaker 6: What are you talking about? He is not?
Speaker 3: He actually is that That's how this segment works.
Speaker 1: He could wait and right enough to email us. So that's a good sign.
Speaker 5: Well, you get chatchypt to do a lot of that stuff for you.
Speaker 3: Credits. Are you there? Oh I'm here?
Speaker 1: Oh wow?
Speaker 3: Are you Are you hearing what Katrina is saying about.
Speaker 7: You being fruit shamed?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, with good reason, some would argue.
Speaker 6: But yeah, I'm sorry. I didn't know you were on the phone. They didn't tell me. They just they asked me the questions. I just said the truth, like you can't deny it. I obviously would have not said it like that had I known you were listening. I'm sorry.
Speaker 7: Well I know I know now I googled it.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, we love a man who learns. Yeah, there, you know he took your criticism. He's not offended. That's pretty good.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Katrina, this must feel like growth, right, you've encouraged this.
Speaker 6: I mean, I'm glad he learned. I'm glad that I was able to help him expand his knowledge, like help the less fortunate in terms of what they know about fruit. Yeah, it doesn't change how I feel.
Speaker 1: The less fortunate.
Speaker 3: That is so rude, the fruit illiterate out there. It's a real problem.
Speaker 7: I feel like I'm Oliver Twist over here, like I'm low class or something.
Speaker 6: I don't know what a candle?
Speaker 1: Do you hear that literary reference again? Prove the man reads?
Speaker 3: He did say Twist weird.
Speaker 1: Though, this is so weird, like this is not a class thing. He just didn't know what a cantelope is. He knows. Now, you guys can go out.
Speaker 3: Again, Katrina.
Speaker 7: I mean, hear me out in the moment, I did not know what a cantelope was, and you know, like apparently I should know this, and now I do. Everyone on the show knows. I know, you know, we're all on the same page. I'm adaptable. I can learn.
Speaker 1: Look at that that's hard nowadays.
Speaker 7: I was just never round canelope. But like that doesn't seem like enough of a reason not to like community.
Speaker 6: I mean, I appreciate you saying that. And I don't mean to fruit shame you. It's just a thing that I immediately felt like a yak about you not knowing that basic thing, and I I appreciate you taking the time to do the research. I wish you would have gone to the bathroom and googled it instead of like running around and like god to.
Speaker 1: Get new candalope.
Speaker 5: Well, desperate times call for desperate measures sometimes. But but Katrina, I mean, in a lot of relationships, a big part of it is doing new things and exploring new things together. That could be your journey with res and educating him through all of the different types of fruits that exist in the world.
Speaker 1: The rest know a lot of stuff that you don't know yet too, you know, on the flip side, oh vegetables.
Speaker 2: Nobody means to that saying you learn new interests and new stuff through people.
Speaker 1: That you date.
Speaker 5: Are you willing to keep an open mind and give res one more chances? And we would pay for it if you'd go out with him another time.
Speaker 6: I just think it's weird, Like it's his brunch place. He brought me there. They have a lot of candalope there, Like I feel like he should have known it.
Speaker 1: Okay, we can't. We can't get over this one.
Speaker 4: Word in the future.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 2: It's like such a small hill to climb, you know, to jump over this moment.
Speaker 5: Everybody is different, Brooke. It's not your life that we're living here. Katrina has standards in One of the standards is canalope, or at least knowing what a canalope is. So, Katrina, I'm assuming that it's a no from you. That's kind of what I'm hearing.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I just I don't think I can get plf it.
Speaker 4: Okay, what if he can name ten fruits right now? He app.
Speaker 3: I was kidding.
Speaker 1: There's no way he's picking guava out of a table. There's no.
Speaker 3: He just googled fruits right now and he's just looking it up.
Speaker 4: It's alphabetical, apple, banana, cherry.
Speaker 5: Nice try right, Brooking Jeffrey in the morning, Brooke, this might surprise you, but I kind of agree with you on this whole canalope situation.
Speaker 1: Oh you've come to my side.
Speaker 3: Well, I agree.
Speaker 5: It's a small problem that she should probably get over.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Sure, but it's more than just he doesn't know the name of one fruit. What is it that like this is just a small slice of a larger picture that Katrina is recognizing. Where she's thinking, God, if he doesn't know something as basic as this, how is he gonna fit into the rest of my life? Like with my upscale friends and my melon loving parents will accept him? Like what else am I getting myself into? That's where her mind was at.
Speaker 4: What's gonna happen? And someone hands are a kumquat? She has no idea what to do. I don't even know what a kum quat looks like.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so it's like she's looking down the road of like other problems that are gonna be arising if he doesn't.
Speaker 1: Know this making problems. The real problem is how much fruit she's eating at breakfast and said, pancakes and baked you must spend a lot of time in the bathroom.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm with you on there. Should have eaten more meats.
Speaker 5: But still, you gotta respect people for where their line is drawn.
Speaker 3: That's where she draws the line.
Speaker 2: No, camelope, I guess it's a very very short line.
Speaker 5: Well, plus you have to wait in the embarrassment too of telling her friends she decided to go out with melon boy again. That's hard to come back from, but hopefully we can help you come back. If you're struggling to get a second date, email the show. We'll call that person who's not calling you back and go check out all of our Second Day podcasts wherever you get yours at Brooke and Jeffrey