Speaker 1: It's time for Donkey of the day.
Speaker 2: There's a bunch of donkeys out here any of the day.
Speaker 1: It really caught me off guard.
Speaker 2: You live a life where we write our tongue based off who we may have faied.
Speaker 1: You never would say anytime you are a donkey. That is why Charlamagne is here. Some donkey Today's just said himself on the Breakfast Club. Okay, Charlamage, who did give a donkey of the day too to day?
Speaker 2: Well, donkey today for Monday, August twenty fourth goes to the former NBA player Enis Cantor Freedom.
Speaker 1: Oh what a sucker he is?
Speaker 2: Okay, if you haven't heard, yesterday, Enis cant Freedom got escorted out of the Chicago Sky Indiana Fever game after getting into a verbal confrontation with Chicago Sky guard Natasha Cloud dropping a clue box in Natasha Cloud. If you haven't heard, Enis recently announced that he identifies as a woman and intended to enter the twenty twenty seven w NBA draft.
Speaker 1: Can we hear that.
Speaker 3: After careful concentration I reviewing the tron, the eligibilitic guy lines, I am officially declaring myself a WNBA prospect if simply declaring who you are is all that's required, that I meet every single requirement necessary to compete in the WNBA. My Tim and I have carefully examined the WNBA's eligibility criteria and governing framework surrounding self identification and inclusion. Based on the current guidelines, I can and am officially declaring my eligibility for the upcoming WNBA draft in May twenty twenty seven. I am definitely not here to mock, make fun of, or disuspect any community or personal choices. I am simply asking that the current rules be applied equally to everyone, the rules that represent the very values many WNBA players and coaches have publicly advocated for. My Tim and I are prepared to ensure these guidelines are applied equally, consistently, and without exception, and I look forward to the WNBA honoring its stated principles.
Speaker 2: So yesterday, he was sitting courtside at the game, trolling okay the women playing, mocking the women playing, wearing a shirt that said women noun adult human female. Natasha Cloud apparently saw the shirt hatch words for and its hatched words back and during the exchange and has got up and briefly stepped onto the court before security intervened and.
Speaker 1: Eventually escorted him out of the building. Do we have some audio from net?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Go to see an m for report please.
Speaker 4: NBA Center Enniscantor Freedom was ejected from a WNBA game between the Indiana Fever and the Chicago Sky after a confrontation with a player. Freedom was on the sidelines wearing a shirt that said quote woman noun adult human. Female. Skyguard Natasha Cloud confronted Freedom late into the third quarter, and he was then escorted from the arena. Freedom had a conversation with a group of police officers before leaving the stadium. Freedom had previously declared himself eligible for the WNBA this month, saying he identifies as a woman in a criticism of WNBA's eligibility criteria.
Speaker 2: Now, before anybody starts screaming about politics or transgender rights, women's rights, whatever side of the coach war, you woke up ready to fight for on this Monday morning, understand something I'm not giving. Inness can to Freedom donkey of to day because he believes biological males shouldn't compete against biological females.
Speaker 1: In women's sports. I agree with him on that.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's not even a debate for me, and I just think it's pointless to argue when you know it's only being used as a distraction because the midterms are right around the corner and Republicans can't win on policy, so they would rather drag people into another stupid culture war to debate so they can claim to be the party of common sense, and DEM's the party of people who don't know if men can have babies or matter.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm giving in his.
Speaker 2: Donkey today because this guy has somehow decided that the best way to protect women's basketball is to disrupt women's basketball. Okay, you in us have become what you claim to hate, because I haven't seen anyone threatening women's basketball more than you.
Speaker 1: Okay, do you.
Speaker 2: Think those women felt safe with your big six' ten ass out there trolling them and then had the nerve to stand up and act like you was about to step to one of. Them make that make sense to? Me, Okay, see it isn't just expressing an opinion. Anymore this man declared himself eligible for the twenty twenty SEVEN wnba, draft saying he identifies as a woman as part of his protest against the league's transgender eligibility.
Speaker 1: Rules, meanwhile in THE.
Speaker 2: Wnba there are currently no immediate eligibility matters affecting their.
Speaker 1: League.
Speaker 2: Okay, basically ain't no transgender women trying to take.
Speaker 1: Your job in THE wnba right? Now that is not, Happening.
Speaker 2: Okay no transgenders are out, here, like let me suit.
Speaker 1: Up so people Like innis are protesting a.
Speaker 2: Hypothetical there are no biological males playing in THE wnba that we know, Of, okay there are no biological males trying to play in THE wnba except for. You so, Therefore, inns you are actually the. Problem but what you're protesting is a. Hypothetical, innis you have called nine to one one screaming about a five alarm fire that isn't, happening, Okay and that's what is.
Speaker 1: Fake doing anything for.
Speaker 2: Attention activism turns into something else because there's a difference between raising awareness about something you believe could become a problem and manufacturing a spectacle around a hypothetical problem because the spectacle gets you, attention, Okay and that's all you are doing is performance, Art AND i need you to get off the stage because your show sucks all. Right first you declare yourself a, Woman then you declare for THE wnba. Draft then you start talking about recruiting other men to declare for THE wnba. Draft then you show up court side at A wnba game wearing a shirt you know is going to provoke a. Reaction then you get into an argument with an ACTUAL wnba player during the, game take a step towards the court like you was going to do something to those, ladies and then you get escorted. Out there should be a lifetime ban of ALL wnba. Games issues today By Kathy engelbert For, Ennis but she won't because she doesn't do many things that make. Sense oh, okay she's actually a trans commissioner because she identifies as a, commissioner but clearly that's not what she was born to. Do Then ennis had the nerve to say he got kicked out for supporting.
Speaker 1: Women, no, sir you didn't get removed simply because you believe.
Speaker 2: Something you got kicked out for intentionally disrupting a woman's basketball.
Speaker 1: Game they didn't kick you out for your. Beliefs it kicked you.
Speaker 2: Out after your protests turned into a. Confrontation those are not the same, things, okay and it's cant of freedom of all people should understand that because freedom of speech doesn't mean freedom from. CONSEQUENCES i tell you that all the. Time freedom means you're allowed to wear the. Shirt but freedom also Means Nataja cloude is allowed to tell you exactly what she thinks about the. Shirt freedom means THE wnba is allowed to disagree with, you and freedom Means arena security can tell you're six foot ten hass, sir we're gonna need you to leave.
Speaker 1: Because you don't know how to freaking.
Speaker 2: Act all, Right freedom doesn't mean everybody have to tolerate whatever you decide to. Do and here's the part that really bothers, Me, inniscanta freedom has actually demonstrated real courage in his.
Speaker 1: Life.
Speaker 2: Okay this is a man who's spoken publicly against authoritarian. Governments he's criticized The turkish, president he's spoken about human rights, abuses he's dealt with consequences involving his ability to travel, okay and his relationship with his home. Country so in this knows what actual political repression looks, like which means he should damn sure know the difference between government persecution and arena. Security All, right everything that happens to, you, okay because everything that happens to you often.
Speaker 1: Happens doesn't just happen because somebody doesn't like, You, okay it.
Speaker 2: Doesn't it happens because what you're doing is just, wrong all, Right and sometimes you're just getting put out because your so called activism becomes more about you than the people you're supposedly advocating.
Speaker 1: For All, right you've lost the. Plot all.
Speaker 2: Right he said he's doing all of this because he wants to protect. Women, yeah so you go into a space built around, women a league played by, women a workplace where women are doing their, jobs and you create a situation where one of the women playing basketball ends up arguing with. You and now the headline coming out of the game isn't about the women's basketball.
Speaker 1: Game it's about you in This canta.
Speaker 2: Freedom, okay how did protecting women become making yourself the main character in women's?
Speaker 1: Spaces that's WHAT i don't, understand.
Speaker 2: Right you don't protect women's spaces by walking into women's spaces and making the whole damn space about. You, Okay please give in this cant to freedom the biggest y hull if you have to manufacture the crisis you're warning everybody. About, okay if your activism requires you to manufacture the vary crisis you claim to be fighting, against then you're not.
Speaker 1: Raising awareness to a. Problem you actually are the. Problem, yeah he's, Stupid he's the. Problem now what y'all want to talk? About y'alllwas talk about something? Earlier?
Speaker 5: Parents, ye, parents and whether or not you are responsible or obligated you, know to take care of them after having a guess a tumultuous upbringing because of them or what you, know dysfunction and toxicity in the.
Speaker 1: Household and where did this come? From? It it was something in front page, news, Right? Lauren will you get the story From?
Speaker 5: Lauren i've just seen the conversation. ONLINE i THINK i saw The jasmine brand post.
Speaker 1: It, actually, yeah BUT.
Speaker 2: I feel like me me do?
Speaker 1: WE i feel like somebody talked about something To day that kind of went into. THIS i don't know IN sae it, again it's the are you obligated to take care of your? Parents?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 5: Yeah like just in, general whether it's after you, know a bad, upbringing reason For, yeah if they're the reason for you, know the toxic environment or the toxic traits that you have, abuse mental, abuse emotional, abuse physical, abuse. Whatever because they're your, parents are you still obligated to take care of them when they can't do for?
Speaker 2: Themselves, okay so that's the question five one oh five to. One are you obligated to take care of your parents if your upbringing wasn't the.
Speaker 1: Best because of? Them?
Speaker 2: Yes, okay it's the world's most dangerous want to Show The breakfast club calls right. Now Donkey today is sponsored by renowned personal injury Attorney michael To, Bull lamb and. Soft don't be a donkey when you need a fighter on your. Side if you ever, injured go To michael To bull dot. Com That's michael To bull dot. Com and when you mess with the, ball you get the.
Speaker 1: Horns m.
Speaker 3: Hm