Speaker 1: Welcome back to Good Mom's Bad Choices. I'm Erica and I'm Mela. Happy Wednesday, Happy hump Day, y'all. We are live from the desert. We've been on a little Good Mom's Personal retreat. Was supposed to be like a day. We extended it because we needed more time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we came all the way in this isolated house with a now TV on a big ass property with a barn, and we brought groceries and we basically didn't leave just to go to the National Park, got in the jacuzzi, did a trailler looking at it on Patreon, and you know, we slept, worked and took mushrooms.
Speaker 1: I definitely had an intense journey. I told Jamila that I've been like kind of like when I've been taking mushrooms, I haven't really been like taking them all the way. I've been like, you know, babying it. So I went all the way in. I made us go all the way down the rabbit hole, and we climbed out.
Speaker 2: By the skin of our teeth. Yeah, Erica had a bright idea to not take one full dose chocolate, but to take two each on an empty fucking stomach, which is wonderful, except we decided that we should cook right as we took it. That meal didn't never got eaten or completed, and they could eat in but like hours later, it wasn't good.
Speaker 1: It was terrible.
Speaker 2: I don't recommend you taking double the dosage I do.
Speaker 1: I liked it.
Speaker 2: No, we did have a good time. I'm just saying, if it's like your first time, don't do what we did. Also, I had an allergic reaction, which was not good, which you yeah, generally when you take any type of hallucinogen, the people highly recommend that you don't look in the mirror. I looked in the mirror, and I knew something wasn't looking right, but I was like, you know what, it's because I'm on mushrooms and this place also doesn't have many mirrors. They're all very vintagey, the one in the bathroom. So we're in the jacuzzi and Eric's like, oh god, I think you're having an allergic reaction. You guys. My eyes swollow up so big.
Speaker 1: She looked like hitch, like low key like I was like in the jacuzzi, and I didn't really notice because it was all like moonlight and shit. And then She's like, I think I'm like having an allergic reaction. Can you look at my face? And like I was like, oh fuck.
Speaker 2: Like She's like, I have to go get you something. It was like one o'clock in the morning and we're in the desert off of the dirt road. I'm like, bitch, where do you think you're going? There's nowhere to go. We're gonna have to stay and we're high as hell.
Speaker 1: Like her face was Wow. If you guys want to see her face, you have to go check out our Patreon where we posted the photo because it was kind of scary. I'm glad she was okay. I was like, kept asking her if she was okay. She kept saying yes, and then I was like, you know what, I'm gonna stop asking because I'm gonna I don't want to freak her out.
Speaker 2: I was like, am I okay?
Speaker 1: I was like, I don't want to freak her out. And honestly, there's nothing I can do about this unless we call nine one one, which I'm really we all know we ain't called nine one one, so.
Speaker 2: Not for two black girls in the desert alone taking fucking mushrooms. No, we're not not good and then like before she discovered I was having an allergic reaction, I was like, I was crying. I couldn't breathe. She's like, it's okay, you're detoxing these niggas. So she's like, we ate all the same things, We've consumed all the same things. There's there's no way you're having a legigraction. It's just a niggas coming out of your system.
Speaker 1: It was. I'm still convinced it was because we did we ate everything the same, We did everything the same. That day, she was the only one that whose eyes were just detoxing.
Speaker 2: My body is really not has really betrayed me this week, five days ago, my lip was big as shit from the car accident, like hitched. Then five days later I come to the desert and my eyes swell up really big. It's just like, fuck you.
Speaker 1: Fuck you. Maybe the universe is trying to tell you to take care of your body more.
Speaker 2: Probably I.
Speaker 1: Believe her, Yeah, because like I think I told you if you talked about this last time, about like I think when I went to Tahoe, how I took them and like I just like really was so aware of my body and like not in like a judgmental form, like just looking at like my body and like this is like this is the thing that carries us through life. And I think it's the most the thing we take for granted the most. I mean, I know I do, like I put a bunch of shit in it. I eat a bunch of shit.
Speaker 2: I don't eat, don't I.
Speaker 1: Don't water And I even now like when I sit on my knees for too long, that sounds really sexual, but yeah, when I sit on my knee, off my knees, when I get up off these damn knees, she like, I literally can't stand up quickly, like it hurts. My joints are hurting. Like so I'm starting to feel like my body age. And we got to take care of our We got to take care of ourselves. Yeah, it's true.
Speaker 2: It's so easy as as a parent, as a mom to avoid yourself, like taking care of yourself because you're taking care of everybody else. But you know, like I eat probably once a day at like six ish, I'm realizing I really don't get hungry unless I smoke. I don't drink enough water. And yeah, body at some point like bitch, fuck you, and especially in the time like now, with like the mystery of Corona fucking harboring over the world, it's even more time to just tap into your body and reinforce it with good stuff, good food. And that's so hard. It takes so much work to take care of yourself. But also if we don't, what are we left with?
Speaker 1: I know, I think at the top of this pandemic, like I was really taking care of myself so much. If you guys follow my other Instagram, I was posting like all my juices I was taking. I went on a juice cleanse, I was, you know, working out like a jail and made and somewhere along the line, I fell apart and I need to get back to it. My horoscope said, I was reading my horoscope yesterday my friend Nisha sent me, and it said basically that this month in July, I need to get back into tune with routine and exercise and that's what's really gonna help me this month. And like I've been feeling that, like I know, I need to get back into a routine and taking care of my body because it's one of those things for me, like if I don't take care of it, like I just everything feels off, my mental health feels off, all of it, and so I started working out. But I just have to do better with what I put into this vessel that is carrying me through life, because I'm not here forever and want and while I'm here, I don't want to be fucking aching and being in pain and being in the doct going to the doctor and all those things.
Speaker 2: And also, like I care about my health, I care about what I put in my body. Like I know all these things, and so it irritates me that I'm aware of it and I know it's what I should do, but I don't. And that's just overall, I don't want to be that bitch that knows better but doesn't do better.
Speaker 1: Well, it's easy, I think it's easy to forget. And also when you're a mom, it's just like you're just trying to get through the day and you just want to like sometimes you just want to grab something quick to eat and just like that's it, or you forget to eat because you're too busy feeding your kid. Speaking of feeding kids, by the way, my daughter has been eating You guys have heard me talk about this too, Like she's been eating the same motherfucking thing for like three and a half years. I'm done with that because I'm done making two different meals. And so this last week has been really really trying. There's been like a lot of tantrums and screaming, just because I want her to try and taste one thing, Jamila. Luna eats fucking scallops and crab and oysters and muscles and like vegetables. I have so much food envy when it comes to Luna's eating habits. And you know, now that I'm dating someone and like I just have someone like who's there to see what's happening daily, And I feel like outside of me, yeah, but like you know, I don't feel like he's judging me, but like he I feel like I'm judging myself because I'm aware of like the things that have not been worked on because he's seeing them and he's like, oh, why is she do that? And I'm like because I just yeah. And so I've been like, Okay, I need her to eat other things because like when we go out, like what am I supposed to do? Like I'm supposed to just cater to Iri every time? So I've been trying to encourage her to eat other things. I know you guys have messaged me like different tips and tricks, and I appreciate them. I've tried all of them. I know she's so stubborn.
Speaker 2: It's almost like if you tell her too, she's going to do everything opposite of what you say.
Speaker 1: It's my daughter.
Speaker 2: I got a tricker, it's me, don't eat vegetables.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Karen from Sex Talk with my Mom said to me. And I think even like Nelly had told me this.
Speaker 2: Like no, she put it, she put it in the comments.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but Nellie told me this like month, like a year ago, when I was complaining about the shit, and I never did it too. Is like making it like giving us her a sticker every time she eats something, and then if she gets like I don't know, six or seven stickers and she gets a toy. So I think that's like my next step because I tried with muffins, smoothies, ever pop like everything that you are thinking right now that you're gonna dm me, just don't because I've tried it all.
Speaker 2: Damn might miss out on some good advice. I've tried.
Speaker 1: I've tried it all except the stickers, which I think maybe I really likes gifts.
Speaker 2: Except the starvation. Are you hung?
Speaker 1: Oh I'm doing starvation too. Oh my god, I did this starvation and I like, at my dad's house a few like two weeks ago, we went to eat barbecue and I was like, you're eating a hamburger, that's it, or you're not eating dinner, and she like just threw a whole fit. My dad was like, I'm going to send you a video tonight of me crying because she didn't eat my burger. Maybe she'll feel bad. So he did. He sent me a whole lass video of him doing an award winning acting debut.
Speaker 2: Just look at it on our instagram.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not very funny. It's on her Instagram. And she was and I was like, see you made you made papa cry like you didn't eat his hands.
Speaker 2: She's stirping because you know, Papa makes all the good barbecue I know.
Speaker 1: And I was like, she's like, okay, well next time when I go like, I'll eat something he makes, just not so much meat. I'm like, okay, well, this weekend.
Speaker 2: Killed your five year old.
Speaker 1: It's whatever work. This weekend is fourth of July, and I know that he'll be making something so, oh my god.
Speaker 2: Maybe, well, Luda literally eats every twelve minutes. Every twelve minutes, kind have a snack?
Speaker 1: Kind?
Speaker 2: I was like, I'm like, you just had a meal. You don't have a snack immediately following a fucking meal, but a digest.
Speaker 1: I know, I don't know how Luna eats so much. And she's well, I know how she's so it's tiny because of you, but she she eats so much every time she comes over. Eric can I anstend through? Erica?
Speaker 2: I like the mom that should probably pack my kid's own food when they go somewhere, because people are gonna get tired of my kid. Like she ate us out of house and home, Like, just take your grocery back with you, take your own snacks.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. Oh.
Speaker 2: Also, speaking of horoscopes, one of our people's sent us last night. What's her name? Oh, Queen Cup Queen Cups Queen Cups YouTube, This black woman who does tarot card readings. I had never heard of her, but she she told us that it like she something told her to, something told her to tell us to check it out. And you know, I'm all about a magical universal message. Oh, the universe told you to call me, let me go. I'm figured out right now all I need to hear sis. So we looked it up and she was really good. She's really on point. It's they're pretty lengthy, which most people really enjoy because it gets really deep into what you're going through. But we like skimmed through both answer in Scorpio for July and it was pretty accurate. I've had like a really terrible week, and generally because I'm always looking for like some universal universe message, a white hawk to fly by or something, or someone to come to me in a crowd of people and give me the answers to the world, I've really been like, Okay, what's going on? What's going on that all these this shit is happening. So I appreciated that Taro car reading and you guys should check out Queen Cups. I got a lot of answers. Did you feel like she was on point?
Speaker 1: I need to listen to more of it because I think we it was really late, it was like two in the morning, and we listened to a lot of yours, which I think was was on point.
Speaker 2: It's crazy because me and Erica, obviously I've been in the desert for three days alone with nothing but each other. So we've been talking a lot, and it's crazy that what we've discussed about how we're feeling was we could both vouch that that was so accurate, right, yeah.
Speaker 1: I think so yours was about like mothering yourself. And I don't know if you want me to share part of your trip or whatever. Well, when you were tripping, you were saying how you feel like you've been like you feel like you've been waiting for someone to kind of scoop you up and save you, and you know that adulting is fucking hard and you don't want to do it. This is what I discovered, and that you've been like, yeah, you've been waiting for someone to kind of scoop you up and fix fix the things that you But essentially, in your in your trip, you've acknowledged that no one's going to do that and that you have to do that for yourself, and essentially you have to self mother yourself.
Speaker 2: I literally told Erica and now I remember, I literally said, I feel I feel like I'm a baby and I just want someone to kind of pick me up. I literally said that, and she's like, yeah, no, it's not I was like, that's not gonna happen.
Speaker 1: It's not happening.
Speaker 2: I'm like, but that's what I want to happen. Oh my god. Revisiting these conversations.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh. And then for I think for me from I still have to go back and listen to more. But she was saying, how I have a Either I'm like, I have a partner or I have a Like I've been dating someone in private and it's not that private because I've talked to you about him. But I think but that like I've kind of been keeping it to the belt and I haven't been like sharing so many things about him and trying and getting opinions about him from other people, which I think in the past I have done a lot, But I think for me, and it's true, like with this situation, like I have been, I've had to work through things on my own instead of asking people like do you think this nick is crazy? Do you think that?
Speaker 2: Like? You know, and as women, we tend to do that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and like wanting to like get an answer or seek validation or like confirm your fears with your friends that that may or may not be right, you know, And so like I think that I had been doing that with him, and for me, like it's been paying off because I think had I really sought out my friends and told them my fears based on like I mean, for me, like based on like my one of my fears with this was I'm ever since Like if you guys listened to my art episode I'm Dating a married Man, where I talk about, you know, this guy that I met on the internet through the podcast, it seemed like, you know, this great person had a shit together single dad, and you know, we talked for like a few months, finally met and you know he ended up being completely married.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I almost forgot about that.
Speaker 1: So true, and like he just he listened to the podcast and kind of got to know everything about me and use that to capture me. And so when I met this my new guy, like he knew, I felt like we knew each other already, and I was super paranoid and scared, and like I had expressed that to some friends, but like I think, I I didn't express all of my fears because I was like, you know what, let me figure this out for myself, let me kind of come to this conclusion myself. And it took time. But then I just trusted myself and I went for it, and I and I made and we became we entered into a relationship really quickly, and like, I didn't seek the approval or the opinions of any of my friends to do that. I just knew that this is what I wanted to do, and this is what I felt right, even though most people it might have been like take your time, Erica, like what are you doing. You're the You're the one that's always telling me to do this, this, this and that, and I didn't. I didn't do that, and I'm I'm happy with my decision. I'm cool with my decision, and I'm glad that I didn't seek out seek outward. So I have to go back and listen more to what she said, because I know there's it's it's each reading it's about forty five minutes long. So yeah, I felt like she was pretty pretty accurate.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I did too, And I don't look at a lot of tarot card readings on YouTube, so I will now also, somebody will set us a screenshot of I mean, an app that helps you interpret Tarot cards, because you know, we'd be always pulling ours and we don't know.
Speaker 1: Shit.
Speaker 2: I'd be like, hold on, let me shuffle this right quick and be like, hold on, let me get the pamphlet.
Speaker 1: Queen up wand oh wait wait wait is that? And is that what yet?
Speaker 2: Is that a one or cut? First of all, I need to updated one or we know what the fuck it is because those are very old timing. It's a little unclear. But yeah, I'm going to download that in the car. So maybe we could become better witches.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure, need to become better witches. I need to tap into that more for sure.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean it's I think it does have a lot to do with tapping into your intuition and tapping into yourself. I think because I do that a lot too. I ask five people only to do what I wanted to do in the beginning. In the beginning why, I don't know, because if you tell me what I don't want to hear is going to irritate me because I shouldn't ask in the first place. And it's just and as we move along in this life, I mean, that's all we really have is our gut. So we have I think the more you become familiar with it, and the more you become like comfortable relying on it and going with it, then the easier it will be to live life alone to your own beat. Because yeah, it's especially when dating people. I think we do that. It's just it's best to evaluate things. And I think sometimes when you tell other people, especially stuff with like a relationship, especially when it's like really good in the beginning, or like it usually is, you have this expectation, You've built this expectation to live up to, and because you've said it out loud and so you know, it takes time later if something shifts or you don't really want to a lot of times I feel like you don't want to admit that maybe it's not what you thought it was because you've already said it out loud. But I think sometimes when you keep things to yourself and those type of things, it gives you better space to kind of work through, you know, getting to know that person without the opinions of other people, even if they're not even really giving you their opinions. You know, your own judgment of yourself.
Speaker 1: Like you said, yeah, that's true, it's true. So basically I need to take better care of myself and exercise and not tell you nigga shit.
Speaker 2: Good luck with that.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 2: I'm going to Mexico next week with my nugget and some friends. It like a late birthday trip. So even though I've just left the desert for three days of retreat, rest and relaxation, I'm going again to do more because I need self care right now. I need to go inside and figure shit out. So I'm excited about that. And like I said, I've had a really bad week. You just want to get the fuck out of here. God, I hope twenty twenty, we're at the seventh were at the seventh month mark. I really hope shit has gone up and up.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't know. I feel like this year was like a year of like burning the shit down so that we can rebuild a better future. In all ways, how do you feel about Fourth of July?
Speaker 2: I don't give a fuck about Fourth of July. I just want your dad's barbecue.
Speaker 1: I know, I'm just saying, like, now, yeah, like, are we suppose is it?
Speaker 2: Like are we supposed to not even go to the barbecue?
Speaker 1: I don't know. Well, I mean we're not supposed to spend money on that day. Maybe spend more money on black businesses on that day.
Speaker 2: I think we maybe spending back money as much as black businesses. And of course, but I'm just saying, like, how do you I don't know, I don't know. I like, I don't, I don't like, just like I don't celebrate or believe in Thanksgiving. There's this theory that like it's called I don't know if that's just what it's called, but it's like powering the beast, and so the beast would be like the power that be and this like the social these social things that we've built, so like professional athletic teams, these fake ass holidays, and by fueling the beast, pouring a bunch of money on Valentine's Day into Hallmark cards and bullshit chocolate, it's just like this wave of capitalism. And like I think by even contributing like your energy, your finances to these holidays, it's a part of fueling the beast. And so like maybe don't go eat that meal on Thanksgiving or go to the barbecue in July fourth, which is so hard because that's what's going on. And you know, even for black people, we like to barbecue, We like to gather around family, like to listen to you know, those songs where we do the slide and shit. But how do you change what's become so normal to you, even if it doesn't represent something that is something that you believe in. So the answer is no, don't sell em. Rate fourth of July.
Speaker 1: Okay, so we're not going to eat barbecue? Fuck?
Speaker 2: Can you just save it plate? I don't know. I mean I want to kind of show little some fire like it's.
Speaker 1: Hot as fuck out in La. I'm gonna eat on Saturday regardless, and I'm gonna swim. True. So I'm probably not gonna do a red white.
Speaker 2: And blue, right, but I'm not gonna post but that's not gonna be rocking my red white and blue bikini.
Speaker 1: Yeah no, fuck oud it, fuck old it.
Speaker 2: Fuck the patriarchy, Fuck the patriarchy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, make sure you go check out our episode last week with the Oprah Rose Show.
Speaker 2: There's two there's one on their platform and one on ours, and they're both great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're both really funny. And also I love those girls. Yeah, they're awesome. And we talk about and we talk about fuck the patriarchy. So anyway, we have to get out of this airbnb because we're supposed to be checking.
Speaker 2: Out in four minutes, but we just you know, we just had to do one episode.
Speaker 1: One one good one in the desert, but actually did.
Speaker 2: More than one good thing in the desert. We've been vlogging again. I know we keep saying that you never see it, but we're gonna send this shit to Jessica Roodes. It's's gonna edit it for us. Yeah, but you're ready. It's gonna be on Patreon. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And if you haven't joined our Patreon, you should because we have some extra We always we have extra videos there. We have a series called Good Mom's Smoke where we roll up and we talk our shit while we talk about what we're smoking. And it's episodes and content you won't see on Instagram that you won't see on Apple podcasts or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 2: You can see the full version of all our podcast on Patreon, not just hear us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you want to watch these episodes, you can watch them on Patreon.
Speaker 2: We also have sex Positions one on one where Eric and I demonstrate bomb put sex positions that we've experienced recently.
Speaker 1: So if you want to you know, spice up your sex life, go check out those sex positions, and if you have any sex positions that you think need to be shared, please message us. You can demonstrate them in DM. You can write them out and explain how they are, send us a picture doing them. I don't know, live or just in your clothes, whatever the fuck you feel comfortable with. But we're always are.
Speaker 2: You asking for sex videos and whatever works, just send them. We need as many as as much contribution as we can get. This is a village.
Speaker 1: Make sure to follow us on Instagram at good Mom's Underscore Bad Choices, and please, please please please leave us a review on Apple Podcasts. If you guys have been listening to our podcast for a while now and you like it, leave that five star rating because that shit matters because people care about that shit for some reason. I don't know why, but.
Speaker 2: It matters, So rate and review us. Leave comments, and you better put five stars.
Speaker 1: Girls.
Speaker 2: Why are you in here?
Speaker 1: All right? Y'all?
Speaker 2: We'll catch you guys later by lend.
Speaker 3: You them wells cover and do do so. The sister willis cover and in good Food
Speaker 2: M