Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club Cowboys.
Speaker 2: This He's Talking Cowboys, straining live from the Dallas Cowboys World headquarters at.
Speaker 3: The Star in Frisco.
Speaker 4: Six second Pascott PISONI pa texsdown and now your hosts, Isaiah Standback, Patrick Walker, Josh Rodriguez, and Kyle Yeomans.
Speaker 5: Welcome back to Talking Cowboys, presented by Black Rifle Coffee Company.
Speaker 3: We're your hosts. We're here live on a what.
Speaker 5: Is it Thursday? It's a Thursday. We're here on a Thursday. I'm Josh Rodriguez here.
Speaker 3: With Patrick Nesci, Walker, here with Tommy rsh here with.
Speaker 5: Isaiah stand Back. I am stand back on Twitter. Also for Beamer in the background, and also Jazz Maine in.
Speaker 4: The background doing their thing, Jazz and Beamer.
Speaker 3: It is a beautiful Thursday morning.
Speaker 4: I had to say that so you can remember, remind yourself that it's Thursday.
Speaker 3: It's not Friday. I definitely didn't think it was Friday.
Speaker 4: This is weird.
Speaker 6: These past couple of games been four day span and you get the mini by Yeah, I forget what day it is.
Speaker 3: Eleven days, no don't.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's a little nuts, but it's good to be here with you boys, hosting a Talking Cowboys Thursday. We got lots to talk about. Patrick Nsey Walker. Do you want to kick us off with some news and notes, Yeah, we can do that.
Speaker 4: Let's do it.
Speaker 6: So because we have a the Cowboys, i should say, have a Monday night game, the first injury report will not be dropped until today Thursday. They did practice yesterday, but no injury report, and it was more of a mock through slash walked through as described by a head coach Mike McCarthy ahead of the actual practice. Had some players who weren't present during the media portion, like Cede Lamb, Brandon Cooks. Unsure because we didn't get a practice report. Unsure if those guys appeared after the open portion was closed to the media, So we're not sure. But we do know that there's some rehab work going on with that CD in his shoulder, but again he's expected to play. We'll see if that expectation holds true as soon as today when we get their injury report. Cowboys did make a couple of transactions. They worked out four players, all cornerbacks, two cornerbacks have been added to the practice squad. One is d Delaney. Little background on Delaney. He was an undrafted cornerback to the Jaguars back in twenty eighteen out of the University of Miami, Florida by way of the Citadel. He's twenty nine right now, a bit of a journeyman before the age of thirty. This is going to be his seventh club since joining the NFL in twenty eighteen. His best season, his most productive season plural, I should say it was with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. A lot of practice squad worked before then with the Dolphins, the Jets, and Commanders. Yeah, those guys, Tampa Bay Buccaneers. He spent two or three seasons there, had five stars, fifty two games available, three interceptions, seven pass breakups, and seventy one combined tackles. So he does have some experience that he brings actual game experience, not simply being in the league experience. But he's been out there, rotational, but he's done some things. Troy pride X, fourth round pick of the Panthers in twenty twenty out of Notre Dame. I'm sure miss Marris Leo File will love that he is twenty six years old. He spent his first couple of seasons with the Panthers and that's when he that's his only NFL experience as far as in game experience, he had eight starts in fourteen games, two pass breakups, forty two combined tackles, but his subsequent one two, three, four teams or three teams because this is the fourth after the Panthers all practice squad stints, so he wasn't able to earn his way back onto the field after his stretch with the Carolina Panthers. So look at Pride and Delaney as both rotational insurance guys. Obviously, you don't know if von Dix is going to be back on this field come Monday. He's missed the last two games with a couple of injuries. So you know, I'm ari Amani over Waia got it. He yes his practice day. His twenty one day practice window was activated on yesterday, so twenty one days to figure out if his season is going to be over or if he's going to be moved to the active fifty three man roster. But keep in mind, you lost Josh Butler to IR, he lost Kaitlyn Carson to ir, you need insurance at that position. What does Pride and Delaney give you? Not much, to be honest with you. But again, these are practice squad insurance players. They're not going to be expected to step in immediately, if ever, and actually make a huge impact on the game.
Speaker 5: Now, well, question about these guys in ticular and the workouts in particularly, I think any inquisitive fan will see a certain name on that list.
Speaker 4: That's where I was going with Xavier Howard.
Speaker 6: They did work out Xavion Howard, also Joshua Bledsoe, but bled so is in the same vein as Pride in Delaney. As far as if he were to be added rather be next week, if at all, then its depth insurance, practice squad rotation.
Speaker 3: And he's more of a safety.
Speaker 6: It is more of a safety Exhibion Howard, however, notable former two time All Pro, former NFL interceptions leader with the Miami Dolphins. I'm assuming that they either couldn't come to terms on money, which is most most likely when you're talking about a player of Xavier and Howard's caliber. Now, again, he's not peak Exavion Howard. However, realistically speaking, he's going to command more money on the open market than Delaney, Pride and bled Soe.
Speaker 3: Well, you saw a similar situation with Carl Lawson.
Speaker 6: Whenever he correct so he came in for the workout, they went in a different direction wise money wise, and then a couple of weeks later, two or three weeks later, they circle back to callege.
Speaker 7: You're going to command what somebody is willing to pay.
Speaker 4: That is that is also true.
Speaker 7: Nobody's paid that this year.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and the season's almost over, so he has he has decisions to make for himself as well.
Speaker 7: The values is a little higher than others.
Speaker 4: That depends, well, it's higher than the others on this workout.
Speaker 6: I will say that now, if you're exaviing Howard, you could kind of finess this situation in that he knows his value, He knows that he still brings an impact to the game. And maybe he gets an offer here too from a playoff team, someone who has a chance to kind of go deep into the playoffs. Maybe he's weighing that as well, versus the situation the Cowboys are in.
Speaker 4: Several variables are at play here, But they did work out xaving Howard. No deal has been struck.
Speaker 6: Is that mean that won't remain the case over the next few days, not necessarily. But again, if you're exaving Howard, you're looking at the totality of the marketplace, and I'm sure that the Cowboys, if they made an offer yesterday, I'm sure they're not the only ones to make it. And then again, you look at the record, albeit a two game win streak, they're still, as Jerry Jones labeled it, outlandish odds when guards to the playoffs, you have other teams that will make the playoffs and might need his services and then might be willing to pay more for said services.
Speaker 4: So you know, he's doing his due diligence. Cowboys are doing their due diligence, and just right now they're not on the same page.
Speaker 3: Tommy, what do you think?
Speaker 8: Yeah, no, I think Patrick nailed it. I mean, it's an interesting part of the year because you think about how much money a guy like he would command at this point, and you know, it's just a situation where there's only going to be certain teams that are going to be willing to pay that amount of money for services, considering what they've got at stake, who they've got in their cornerback room, but no, so I think the you know, when these two adages yesterday, some might think, oh, that's probably not a great sign. But at the same time, I don't know if that's as much a tip of the hat towards or tip of the hand towards Diggs's availability, aside from the fact like that they're just so thin at corner. They are so thin at corner, so it makes sense to me why they would do that regardless if Diggs plays are not. It's good to get Rowari a back Pride junior had the torn acl in twenty twenty one, so he missed the twenty twenty one season and the twenty twenty two season before bouncing around to practice squads. But he's a fast corner. I think he can play a little bit. And then Delaney's obviously got the experience, like like Patrick outlined, you know, three career interceptions. He had those three years in Tampa Bay where he looked pretty good, and then he signed with the Bills and the off seasons he was placed on injured reserve and then they waved him. So this is kind of his second chance after that. So good depth pieces, but I wouldn't count on them being leaned upon too heavily. I don't think unless as they's necessary.
Speaker 5: Do you expect to see anything out of these Yeah, I think they're gonna play. You think they're gonna play it.
Speaker 7: I don't think you have a choice. Yeah, where else you go?
Speaker 9: Yeah, I don't fair unless you all got somebody hidden in the locker room somewhere.
Speaker 3: Nope, these guys have to play, especially if Trayon is not ready for have faith.
Speaker 7: That he's playing. I don't.
Speaker 6: I don't disagree. Yeah, for a number, and we'll see what the injury report says. But I'm operating under the assumption that he's not.
Speaker 4: Won't We'll see.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I have no.
Speaker 9: But I don't know anything obviously. But I think not only are the insurance pieces, but these guys need to play. And you talk about Zamia Howard. When you're in a position like him, and you're a veteran, and you're a proven veteran, you're you're at this point of the season, you're like, well, I waited this long. You know what I'm saying, Like, either you guys give me the bag or again, I'm gonna go try to go chase a ring or go play for the chiefs.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, better chances there obviously. All right, let's move on.
Speaker 5: Uh locker room yesterday, you guys had some availability with some of the players, correct.
Speaker 4: We did.
Speaker 6: It was a little bit of a thinner locker room because the especially the rookies, they were blessing the unfortunate. So they were uploading a lot of the the Christmas gifts for Salvation Army right on the truck and everything, and and once they were done with that, they had Yeah, they had team meetings and so we were able to get a few people. Brevin span Ford spoke, I know, Masie smoke with media. I wasn't able to get with him because I was speaking with Eric Kendricks with a one on one Q and A and who else spoke m spoke yesterday, So to speak to a couple of guys, I know that Tommy was in on Demo and Brevin while I was off talking to Eric Kendricks.
Speaker 4: So, but Demo is very much Demo.
Speaker 6: I'll let because Tim he wrote an excellent story, folks check it out on the dot com. I'll let him tell you what Demo was saying about the eleven and the thirteen.
Speaker 7: So Patrick is the science guy here right sence.
Speaker 8: I won't say I'm the math guy because I hate math and I'm not good at it.
Speaker 7: But let me ask you this.
Speaker 8: Eleven plus thirteen, what was that twenty four for most right here in Dallas. Eleven plus thirteen equals problems for opposing offenses.
Speaker 7: When you've got I was proud of that headline.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 8: When when you put Michael Parsons into Marvio shown on the field at the same time, good things happen, and I think I think Demo hit it. Danail on the Heady said Micah was right. He said, I'm not quite eleven, but I'm thirteen, and that's all we need. We don't need two number elevens. We've gotten eleven and we've got a thirteen. So when you put them together on the field this season, you've gotten one hundred and twelve tackles, eleven and a half sacks, fourteen tackles for loss, and a pick six and.
Speaker 3: The number eleven missing significant time.
Speaker 7: Exactly pretty pick six, a very pretty pick seck.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, which the best of any defender in the league, which, by.
Speaker 8: The way, he didn't say was the best play of his career. He said it was top two because the other play was a play that he made his junior year that got his recruitment started. It was like a big hit that he put on. I was trying to find it, but he has like eighty big hits that he put on.
Speaker 9: In his big hit just doesn't hit the same as that tip tip pick six to yourself.
Speaker 4: And that's Chris, you got to hit us with that boy good.
Speaker 7: That's what that boy good he is.
Speaker 8: But yeah, so that that's that Demo was talking more about, how you know, thank you my guy. When Mike is on the fielder, since he gets so much attention, it opens things up for Demo and for some of the rest of the guys, like we've seen Carl Lawson come along here in the last couple of weeks. So that's what he was talking about. And then Brethan Patrick wrote an equally.
Speaker 7: Great piece on.
Speaker 3: I love it mutual appreciation.
Speaker 4: Patrick and I have a nice writer, So thank you for thank you for the segway.
Speaker 6: So Brevin span forward and listening to his his interview, one thing stuck out for me, and it's the fact that he said the game is slowing down for me pre snap, not just once the ball is snapped and he's able to make faster decisions. He said that he's seen the defense more as a whole and being able to dissect that more as a whole. And he obviously a lot of that comes from the teachings of loom To Wells and Mike Zimmer but but Mike McCarthy. But at the same time, a lot of this is the leadership and the mentorship of Jake Ferguson. So when you look at Jake Ferguson being the unequivocal leader of that tight end room, you're starting to see certain attributes for Jake Ferguson trickle down to Schoolmaker and Brevin span Ford and like. And that goes with the So one of the issues or i should say opportunities for improvement that Brevon span Ford had coming into the league this year was he needed to improve is blocking. Okay, He's done that and you're starting to see a commitment to that. And that's not a coincidence. That's a Jake Ferguson thing. Jake Ferguson has over the past couple of off seasons. Really he bulked up, he really got in the lab to put on his blocking weight. But then also look at the demeanor between the lines. The outside of the lines Brevan span Ford and Luke Schoolmaker, there is jovial and calm and cool, but between the lines demon time. Well, doesn't that remind you Jake Ferguson, Because outside of the lines, Jake is Jake all right, Jacobs, bubbly, he's fun, he's fun. But then in between the lines, ask Jamal Adams. Jamal Adams can tell you that's.
Speaker 3: A dog wearing that dumb right, that's daddy. Now, that's daddy.
Speaker 4: Now he's popu, he's popula. So you're starting to see Reverend span Ford.
Speaker 7: Got picked up.
Speaker 3: He did?
Speaker 5: He did?
Speaker 3: I saw by whom I mean I had?
Speaker 7: It was Detroit. For why Detroit picked him up?
Speaker 4: Oh what, they just got weaker in the secondary. So but Breven span Ford, he's increasing his ability to block. He's showing more of a prowess as a pass catcher. But also when you look at him being targeted, he's reeling in most of the targets toward his way. Right.
Speaker 6: I think he had one hundred percent catch rate against the Giants. I think like an eighty percent catch rate in the week prior, So he's taking the advantage of his opportunities, making the most of them, and you just love to see that because as Jake works to come back and we don't know if he'll be clear for Monday, but we know this is his tight end room. Look toward twenty twenty five and looking intoward twenty twenty five and even coming into twenty four, the question was who compliments Jake Ferguson, right, You know you brought in span Ford, which means more or less. And we talked about this Isaiah a lot on the show. Well, his tender shot was pretty much was gone.
Speaker 3: It's finally starting to look like Schoonmaker. That's finally for.
Speaker 4: As maligned as Schoolmaker has been because he's a second round pick and not delivering, and.
Speaker 6: He's starting to it's starting to click for him, and it's starting to click for SPA Forward. So are we looking at a three tight end situation as far as ability going into twenty twenty five and look at the age of each one of these guys.
Speaker 4: It's very promising for that tight end room.
Speaker 6: If this trend continues, the tight end room will be one that you have zero concerns about in twenty twenty five and twenty six.
Speaker 9: Well, as long as you can retain lind Weell's that's true, say that louder for the people. As long as you can Retainnell.
Speaker 3: He's like, my voice is gone, man, I can't fluctuate today better.
Speaker 4: Well, at least that's a priority.
Speaker 9: We were saying, is that the reason why you're able to talk about the depth of that room is because of one of the person who's developing those players.
Speaker 5: And I think we were expecting more from Jake Ferguson this year. I mean, granted, we were talking about him having an all Pro season in the offseason, but they the offense has been with the.
Speaker 4: To be fairst because we were expecting more of the offense.
Speaker 3: One hundred percent.
Speaker 5: However, you love to see that Jake Ferguson is not only doing his best on the field, but off the field now too and building the tight end room around him, which is clearly what you're seeing with Scoon Maker, Brevan s van Ford and hopefully John Stevens in the future.
Speaker 4: One more John, he love man.
Speaker 3: One more thing I wanted to bring up from yesterday.
Speaker 5: Mike McCarthy responded to Dak Prescott's comments from his interview earlier in the week.
Speaker 3: I kind of wanted to get on that because he he was a little confused.
Speaker 4: Right, he was a little I don't know, I'll put it this way.
Speaker 6: I've not known Mike McCarthy to be a liar, so I don't think he was doing intentional damage control there to try to protect the front office. I think he was genuinely confused because he hadn't heard the comments, and that's why he was like, what.
Speaker 3: Were is comments?
Speaker 6: Well, he said that he has more input in the Cowboys organization than he did in any aspect of Green Bay or any stop prior to right, So but again subjective.
Speaker 4: We talked about these yesterday, Isaiah, what does.
Speaker 6: That mean having the most and well, right, having the most of his illustrious NFL coaching career.
Speaker 4: Is that fifty percent? And was it forty percent in Green Bay? Is that seventy percent? Here?
Speaker 5: Was it?
Speaker 4: I don't know?
Speaker 9: And again it was like what department? Right, what aspect of your operations do you have? We're saying, is it just said personnel?
Speaker 7: Personnel?
Speaker 8: And draft was where he had more input in here here here in the draft process and the player of personnel process.
Speaker 4: Your face always that was.
Speaker 3: Clarification, What are your thoughts on the matter.
Speaker 7: Clarification absolutely makes sense, it makes it makes sense.
Speaker 3: The response makes sense. Or you think where he has more say makes sense.
Speaker 9: That's not where I think all of us nor Deck may have been leaning leaning towards in regards to his his his insight and his impact on this team. It's pick your boys. If you're not going to have all access and have not all say, then which area do you want to have more force? Do you want to have more in personnel? Do you want to have more in decision making? Do you want to have more and discipline?
Speaker 7: And whatever? It might be? Right? Sometimes sometimes you just don't get and get everything that you want.
Speaker 3: Hey, Dak, call in Colin, Yeah, give us a call. You have my cell phone, Just give us Clary.
Speaker 5: All right, boys, when we come back from our first break, we will need to preview the Dallas Cows offense versus the Cincinnati defense and what is left of it?
Speaker 3: Uh And we also have Isaiah's QB vision.
Speaker 5: And one more thing, one more thing, just another thing to add on top of all of that little mess. Can the Dallas Cows afford to get into a shootout with the Cincinnati Bengals offense.
Speaker 3: More from Talking Cowboys Ryan after this.
Speaker 2: If you're looking for fresh American roasty coffee that gives back, you need to head to your local grocery store and pick up a bag of Black Rifle Coffee. That's right, America's coffee is now available in the coffee asle of a grocery store near you. Black Rifle Coffee Company is veteran founded with a mission to give back to those brave men and women who have served our nation. Every bag box or can you purchase help support that mission. Head to your local grocery store and roast yourself some Black Rifle coffee Today.
Speaker 10: Todd thought it would be secure to jog in the cheetah Savannah. Todd believed the big Cat repellent he bought online was reliable, and now Todd is trying to be faster than this cheetah that can run eighty miles per But the good news is Todd has at and T five G. It is fast, reliable, and secure, and he learned the best thing to do is stop running and toss her the backpack with the beef stew at and T five G. Fast reliable, secure.
Speaker 11: Five G requires compatable plan and device. Five G may not be available in your area. See add dot com slash five G for you fifty deals.
Speaker 12: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black and right now Cowboys fans could get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order. Plus Because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy lipball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip.
Speaker 13: If you shout how about them Cowboys? You have that undeniable passion that's the heart of Cowboys Nation. And if you like to drink Doctor Pepper, you love the unique blend of its twenty three flavors. Together, you're one of a kind fandom paired with the one of a kind taste of a delicious ice cold Doctor Pepper is the game day lineup that can't be beat better yet, Gather your Cowboys and Doctor Pepper fan friends to watch the next game and crack open a delicious ice cold doctor pepper for everyone.
Speaker 3: The wins will be even tastier. It's a pepper thing.
Speaker 10: To the Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 3: Welcome back to Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 5: This segment is brought to you by Quaker Oats, the official oatmeal sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys, trusted since eighteen seventy seven. Bring out the good and buy your oats from the Internet using the QR code on the left hand side. Sick oats on the Internet, baby, just like our forefathers intended. Yep via drone and they're powdered wigs and they're maple oats, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: Just as Utah intended.
Speaker 5: All right, boys, First off, I wanted to ask we have to get into the offensive preview, Isaiah, do you want to kick us off?
Speaker 3: Do you feel good enough to kick us off with some with his voice? Yeah, it's your voice is not quite darn.
Speaker 7: Yeah, let's talk about it. A Bamer, what you got for me?
Speaker 4: Why Eddie? Why lady?
Speaker 8: Put up?
Speaker 4: It's time for QB vision with Isaiah's standback.
Speaker 3: What if you're out the line and your trend call? But like your voice is gone.
Speaker 4: Silent count. Mm hmmm, that's a guy who's been there before.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Silent Count. Absolutely, you can't you can't.
Speaker 7: No, you can't do it. But I can't do this all right, guys.
Speaker 4: Can't get the high today.
Speaker 7: Unfortunately, shortest QB vision of all time.
Speaker 9: These teams. Defensively, they suck, they suck. I can't really say never mind, those guys are all bad.
Speaker 7: They're bad.
Speaker 9: They have a handful of guys defensively, obviously they have the leader in sacks on their team.
Speaker 7: Can't look past that whatsoever. And Trey Hendrickson, he's nice. He's a dude. He's a high effort guy.
Speaker 9: When you think about what Detroit had in a Hutchison, he's like that, right, He's just a high effort guy, doesn't really stop. Not not necessarily crazy with a bunch of moves, but just he's just gonna he's gonna keep coming. So you need to get some You need to get some bodies on him, need to find a way to slow him down. He typically lines up over there on the right hand side. So that's and Still's best friend this week. So get friendly with him and fire and find some inner anger. In terms of why do they suck defensively? What they suck defensively because they suck at tackling. They just don't tackle well.
Speaker 3: The details.
Speaker 7: I don't understand why they don't tackle well.
Speaker 9: We're at the highest level of competition and everybody on their team seemingly is having the same problem in their head, their run possibly possibly in their head. They are a run stopping defense. That's what they believe themselves to be in their head.
Speaker 3: Yet they can't tackle.
Speaker 7: Yet they can't tack.
Speaker 3: That sounds like a recipe for a bad defense.
Speaker 7: It does, it does, and it shows. It shows up.
Speaker 9: These guys want to play single high, but as of late, as they've been playing more passing teams, they've been playing a lot more too high. Show the reason why they want to play single highs because because their personnel, especially at the second level, is built to stop the run. These guys get These guys out in space and they are terrible. They cannot move two different directions to save their life. You get them going one way, they are going that way only because their hips are locked up like a con so underneath routes, crossing routes, things of that nature. They find trouble with so they go to too high shell to try to assist with some of those things by pressing up. You might have saw the game last week where there was an interception, ran back for a pick six, things of that nature.
Speaker 7: That was pickings slipped on a route. That's all that was.
Speaker 9: That wasn't necessarily great defense. They like to play cover two. It wasn't great coverage there. He was playing lucking. He just came to his hands jugs machine. So it wasn't nothing that they did amazingly. So I know people will look at that and think that, oh, yeah, that was gret what a great play. It wasn't It just happened to be in the right place at the right time. They play cover two a lot. Whenever they do go to high shell, they'll they'll try to go cover four at times, which means that they have the four guys in the secondary are all playing a quarter of the field. The problem with that is they they are like the noone else. Okay, let me put it like this. I had an old beamer remembers him. There was a back that we had here name mister Anderson. All right, Deon Anderson. There's number thirty four, and Dion was a beast of a player. There's a goon, one of those cats you won on your team, and you tell Dion ay, I want you to get thirty four. Dion is going to track down thirty four. I don't care if thirty four goes to the toilet. He's gonna go up the tunnel, go into the locker room. He's gonna sit right there with him. That's how their secondary plays. Their secondary locks in on one guy. It's almost like you like they get told before they break the huddle, that's your guy you're responsible for.
Speaker 7: If he comes at you go get him. They're like okay, and like they don't see anything else.
Speaker 9: They have like they're mad and awareness has to be like below twenty because they don't see anything. There's there's baden switched things that you do obviously as an offense to once you understand that they're in certain coverages.
Speaker 3: Because you can quickly diagnose that, I can say, all right, this is yeah.
Speaker 9: If you're a cover four, I'm gonna sit a guy TI, I'm a run a tight end at your inside slode receiver. I'm gonna grab your safety. I'm gonna run a post over the top. And they're like, okay, well I got my guy though, right, So you can get these guys. They don't disguise well at all, probably the worst disguised team that we faced to date. If they're blitzing, it's literally like somebody standing right behind you like, hey her, go ahead and blitch go ahead, and blitz is like, are you're about to cover my guy? I got, I got trigger, I don't know't worry, but I just go and and quarterbacks sitting there looking at him like I hear y'all.
Speaker 7: And I see y'all.
Speaker 3: So easy to to I'm not the mic, that's exactly the mic.
Speaker 9: So a combination of them being thinking that they're a run stopping team and they don't tackle well when they try to go to coverage. They go to cover two and there's a lot of gaps in their second and in order to play cover too, your second level defenders have to be able to cover some range, right, because you're asking three guys to cover that whole middle of the field in your corners to sit within a five year old window.
Speaker 7: They don't.
Speaker 9: They don't cover well or change direction as well, so that cover two and two high safety show doesn't work well for them. They try to play man to man defense. They don't have the guys to play man the man outside at the cornerback position, and then they don't have vision or awareness. So it's that's a combination of why they're so bad defensively, why the teams have been running it up on them.
Speaker 7: But you but the one guy who can present you problems is over there at the right defensive end position.
Speaker 9: And if he does get home, now these guys in the secondary and at the second level become better players, right, No different than when Michael came back.
Speaker 7: This defense has been playing better.
Speaker 3: But it doesn't sound like we're gonna get a lot of too high.
Speaker 7: No, they're gonna try it. Well, yeah, they're gonna try to make you prove it. Right.
Speaker 9: I think the reason why they play so much too high against Pittsburgh is because Pittsburgh has weapons, right. Pittsburgh has picking as they have Austin. They have the guys that can catch the rock. Dallas has to prove that they can do that. And not to say that Dallas doesn't South as we have Cedee Lamb and Beat Cooks is back now.
Speaker 7: But call it how it is.
Speaker 9: You know, Cooper Rush does a good job of making sound decisions majority of the time. But his velocity is trash ms.
Speaker 7: It is what it is.
Speaker 9: I mean, I'm sure he'll work on it this offseason, but right now, I mean his ball comes out like home and know is bad.
Speaker 7: I mean, and I don't know what happened. It wasn't always like.
Speaker 3: That, right the release is there, but yeah, he used to anticipate.
Speaker 9: The thing about Cooper Rush, he never had like a suit powerful arm, but he used to do a really good job of making up for that the lack of that with anticipating his throws and the ball would be there on time, so you didn't feel that lack of velocity. Now I think it's a combination of him waiting for guys to come open and then is his lack of velocity.
Speaker 7: It's being exposed because you're seeing it.
Speaker 9: You're like, what the heck's taking his balls so on to get there right, rather than if they would have released the ball before the guy come out of his break. You're not thinking about that because so as it comes out to break, the ball's there, So I don't know what can be done there. But that's why you're starting to see teams squad a lot more because they're not threatening. They've seen it. They're like, you can't throw it. You can't throw it past forty yards, you can't throw it anything past thirty yards. The balls hanging in the air for a minute, and I think they're realizing that. So now that makes it so much more difficult, even in your running game, because now they can load the box and say we can play one safety over the top because it's not going past them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, and workson.
Speaker 6: What works in Cooper Rush's favor is a stat that I dropped in lab Coat yesterday in that Cooper Rush his two point two second time to throw is the second best of all starting quarterbacks in the league by second to only tour Uh and Tua is trigger fast back there, so the fact that he's only behind to it, they'll let you know that he's getting it out there fast. But that also makes it difficult to blitz Cooper Rush because he's getting the ball out so fast. Now here's the thing, though, the Bengals don't necessarily like the blitz anyway. They like to keep eight back and rush three because Trey Hendrickson is up there and eleven and a half sex leading the league.
Speaker 4: He's doing damage.
Speaker 6: You got to find a way to neutralize him or at least slow him down and force the game on other people. Before you get too deep in, I want to come in on something before you get lost QB vision, baby. The reason why tua release is so fast is because they're protecting him.
Speaker 4: The reason why Cooper's is so fast is because there's nottect.
Speaker 9: The reason why Cooper's is so fast because they're protecting him as well, protecting him from his for his lack of ability to put the ball in there. Oh you mean so it sounds like it's a great stat statistically, but Tua's being protected and.
Speaker 7: Make sure he doesn't get any more concussions. That's what geting.
Speaker 5: And if you're looking at Cooper Rush's past tree, he's not throwing it down the field.
Speaker 4: And we talked about that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, because until the last game or ish, I want to say, he was lacking the twenty plus yard not just throws in completions, but air.
Speaker 3: Yards and they weren't going. They weren't good balls.
Speaker 6: So for when you look at a play like what Cavante was able to do and take it, you know, sixty four yards, that's not an actual sixty four yard touchdown pass right, that's like eight air yards and then the rest is all yack.
Speaker 4: But I see what Isaiah saying.
Speaker 6: He's saying the coaching staff of mccarthur, with the play calling, they're protecting him. I'm saying the old line has not been protecting him. So there's that aspect of it as well. But this is a defense in the Bengals, and I hate to say it because these are NFL players. I'm not going to say they're trash, but I'm going to say they suck at playing defense. Like it's just it's not good. They're wide open against the run. Run this ball with Rico o'dowdo run it, run it running. What's one of the best ways to neutralize an elite pass rushers? Run You run the football, You run it right out, run it right at them.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 3: I also talked about your line stands at the twenty five, also talked.
Speaker 4: About yesterday and Labcoat.
Speaker 6: When Trey Hendrickson is off the field, you really need to take advantage of dropping back then because their pass rush drops ten percentage points when he's not on the field all the way to thirty second worse than the league at rushing the pass to whin that guy's off the field.
Speaker 9: But when is he coming off the field, Because if you have the number one pass rushing in the league, he's not coming the third down, right.
Speaker 4: And I love you for this time of possession.
Speaker 6: You need to make sure that not only are you getting takeaways as the Dallas defense, but.
Speaker 4: You need to stop with the three and outs. You need to convert on third down. You not only need to score if you're Cooper Rush and the offense, you need extended dry drive conversions, no drops.
Speaker 6: I love your CD, but and I know that was that was an aviration, right, So make sure you're catching the ball, make sure you're running the ball.
Speaker 4: Effect right, you wear down a guy like Trey Hendrickson.
Speaker 6: So by the time the middle of the third quarter comes, the fourth quarter comes, he's just gased because he's he's their superman. He's tasked with doing everything. He has eleven and a half six second most on that team is two.
Speaker 4: Run the ball. Running that Hendrickson, tire him out and then the chunk plays will come.
Speaker 8: So Isaiah mentioned that the Bengals defense is not great at tackling.
Speaker 4: Right, that wasn't his word. But he was he was more mean. Well he's mean, Okay, he said, he said, he said, he used the word said.
Speaker 10: He said.
Speaker 8: They said about their ability to tackle. Here's here's the counterpoint to that, and here's what's gonna make this game. I think Cowboys running backs has forced the sixth fewest miss tackles sixty one, and game the fourth fewest yards after miss tackles two hundred and ninety amongst all running backs in the league. However, however, Cowboys wide receivers have forced the most mistackles this year with thirty six, and game the third most yards off of miss tackles two hundred and fifty six.
Speaker 11: So I like that.
Speaker 8: That's that's good.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's good. See you know positive run.
Speaker 8: No, but I completely agree with Patrick, like I said yes yesterday, there's two ways. There's two avenues for Dallas to win this game. A shootout or you run the ball and you just drain the clock.
Speaker 5: Excellent segue, because my question leading into the break was is there enough on the Dallas Cowboys offense to get into a shootout with Joe Burrow.
Speaker 3: In the Cincinnati Bengals.
Speaker 8: Absolutely not.
Speaker 9: The reason why Joe Burrow and them are so dangerous in their ability to light up the scoreboard because you have to respect the entire field. You have to every layer, first wave, the second layer, the third layer. You every there's no the d line cameral ax, the linebacker cameralax. The secondary safety is camera relax. They can go over the top, they can work underneath, they can run the rock. They can do all any any way you want to play it. They can play it, but they want to throw it around. Dallas currently has not proven that they possess that ability to do consistently and to some of those things in terms of what I just finished talking about, as far as Cooper Rush. Once a team is able to acknowledge that you are having struggles pushing the ball down the field with consistency and accuracy, they it's tough passing they can take more gassing gets tough because now those safeties get closer and closer and closer, and those corners, guess what, they get more aggressive, more aggressive because they're no longer worried about getting beat over the top. You beat me over the top, But I'm gonna have a chance that the ball once it gets there, because it's probably gonna be thrown behind.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the answer is no.
Speaker 3: That's just now.
Speaker 6: Cowboys are not winning the shootout against this offense, against that Bengals offense. So don't don't even allow it to happen because they'll hang fifty on you and without blinking, right and then you with your backup quarterback and Cooks is only second game, bag and ceedee Lambs show is hurting and will you have Jake?
Speaker 4: Will you not have Jake? You still you have questions? They don't have offensive questions.
Speaker 6: Okay, So don't get in the shootout, control talent possessions, run the ball, and also sidebark flipping right back to the defense really quickly. Shout out to stx Mario. He reminded me Logan Wilson had a surgical procedure done. He's not playing in this game. And that's over one hundred combined tackles that's taken off of the field.
Speaker 4: Right. So, as poor as their.
Speaker 6: Defense has been playing, one of the best players on their poor defense is not on the field anymore.
Speaker 9: We do not want to see did you guys watch the Hard Knocks with the AFC North, Yes, we don't want to see Joe Burrow and him talking about his new batmobile. He said he would break out his batmobile. Did you guys see those three million dollars bill. He said he bought one, and he said he would break it out if he throws for five hundred yards and seven touchdowns.
Speaker 7: Please don't.
Speaker 8: I don't remember what game it was, but there's a game where Tony Romo was on the call. And you know how they have like the little yellow mark that they circle things with. Somebody ran a long touchdown. He just went, that's what Jamar Chase is going to do. If this game gets into, the show's gonna be and he's gonna be running all over the field.
Speaker 7: Nobody's gonna be able.
Speaker 3: To He'll catch from anywhere, and he'll catch.
Speaker 8: From anywhere, and he'll run from anywhere. He'll run after the catch from anywhere. He can beat anybody in this league.
Speaker 2: He is.
Speaker 7: He is that good.
Speaker 8: So you know, if you the way that Dallas wins this game, you run the ball on first down, you run the ball on second down, and you set yourself up with thirds and twos, thirds and threes, and you run the ball again.
Speaker 7: You run the ball again.
Speaker 8: Rico Daddle's averaging north to four yards to carry this year last. I checked and again this is you know math guy here, four times three is twelve. You need ten yards to pick.
Speaker 7: Up a first down.
Speaker 9: You think, like me, that's why I would run the crap out of the ball. But to that point, to add on to what you just said, that was awesome. The you're gonna get everything that Cincinnati knows, Oh absolutely, because this is determining factor whether they stay in the playoff or not. It's already outside the outside as an outlier right now for the probability.
Speaker 7: But they say, but you still have to include them in the conversation of potential.
Speaker 3: If they win this, you can never count them out.
Speaker 7: When now, if they lose this game, it's over. Their season is done.
Speaker 9: So they're knowing that the offense wins US ball games, you're going to get everything. And they are so angry off of last week. You were gonna get absolutely everything that they have. They're gonna come out, They're gonna line up with four wire receivers and say we've seen your injury report, and we throw the ball all over the field.
Speaker 7: Good luck.
Speaker 5: The Cowboys are equally desperate. We have to go to our final break when we come back. More on this def or on this Yeah, this isn't Anty Bengals defense and one player outside of Lance Henderson that we need to be wary of going into this game when we come back on Dallas Cowboys dot com.
Speaker 10: Todd thought it would be secure to jog, and the cheat is Savannah. Todd believed the big Cat repellent he bought online was really liable, and now Todd is trying to be faster than this cheetah that can run eighty miles per hour. But the good news is Todd has AT and T five G. It is fast, reliable, and secure, and he learned the best thing to do is stop running and toss her the backpack with the beef stew At.
Speaker 4: And T five G.
Speaker 10: Fast, reliable, Secure.
Speaker 11: Five G requires compatible plan and device five G may not be available in your area. Seeatt dot com Slash five G for U fifty deals.
Speaker 1: They say champions are remembered, but legends are never forgotten. United Agon Turf offers a winning lineup of John Deere equipment built to tackle any challenge on and off the field. Legendary John Deere Tractors combines residential mowers, commercial mowers, compact construction equipment cater utility vehicles, and a full line of golf and sports turf equipment. United Agon Turf, the official agonturf equipment supplier of the Dallas Cowboys. Visit United Dagonturf dot com to find a location near you.
Speaker 14: Hey, y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church here. With football season kicking off, I'm already gear enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates. But with that Texas heat, it's crucial to keep my beer handcramp and cold. That's where Yeti's insulated colster can cooler comes in clutch this year. You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed Yetie Cowboys gear is now available at stadium pro shops, concessions and on Yetti dot com. Check it out today. YETI official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys, and.
Speaker 4: We're going to overtie Erica. How much have I spent on concessions.
Speaker 15: For questions about their money, Dallas Cowboys fans can turn to Erica, the virtual financial Assistant in the Bank of America mobile banking app. Learn more at Bankofamerica dot com slash Ericap by your side. Bank of America Official Bank of the Dallas Cowboys. Erica responses may very digital tools featured required downloading the mobile banking app and may only be available on select mobile devices. Erica is a mobile fature only available in the Englis language. Your chap may be recorded and monitored for quality assurance. Message data rates and additional terms may apply. Bank of America and a number FDIC.
Speaker 4: To Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 3: Welcome back to Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 5: Our final segment is brought to you by invisi line the evisual smile of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 3: All right, boys, time to get into so you need to pick up your point.
Speaker 4: Sorry, no, I was going to say.
Speaker 3: Also it was Trey Hendrickson. I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: I was going to say. Speaking to to the Bengals defense.
Speaker 6: All of these things that we're saying about how abysmo that defensive unit has been performing is absolutely true. It is historically bad, one of the worst NFL defenses in the past half decade.
Speaker 4: Go back and check out.
Speaker 6: Yesterday's episode of lab Coat for the stunt for the numbers that support that. That being said, any given week, don't let this be the week that they have a good game. They're not going to They're not going to have seventeen horrible games, okay in a season. That means that two or three of these weeks at the course of the season, they're actually gonna either be solid or maybe even have that aberration of a good game. Don't take the cheese, is what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: And if you look at the Cowboys before this too crazy game, you know wind streak, the Cowboys have been a get right team.
Speaker 3: You you played that to get right right. In this you don't. You can't let that happen.
Speaker 5: And to kind of piggyback at what Isaiah was saying right before we took the break, is that, of course the Bengals are desperate to win this game, right, the Cowboys are equally as desperate, if not more, Because there is a glimmer of hope of getting into the playoffs if we went out, there should be a lot of desperation on both sides.
Speaker 3: I think it's going to lead to a really good game.
Speaker 5: And part of me is like, Okay, maybe this is when Miya McCarthy's able to get into his bag and we might have I think for lack of better.
Speaker 4: Trans the playbook.
Speaker 6: But I mean, when you have Jamar Chase indirectly calling out his own defense in the locker room, what did he say? Well, what he was asked about the defense, and he paused, and he looked over at the defensive side of the locker room, came back to the cameras chickens hayd and said, they got to figure it out. And then he caught himself and said, we got to figure it out.
Speaker 4: Too late.
Speaker 6: You already said they got it figured out. That's where's my frame is. You add that to the fact that all this.
Speaker 3: One's atter figure out when you've scored thirty eight point.
Speaker 6: Right, all this defense has been hearing over the past several weeks is how awful they are, how trash they are as as grown men and competitors.
Speaker 4: Don't let this be the week where they come in and say we're tired.
Speaker 6: Enough is enough, We're And what better team to send to kind of send a message against than the Dallas Cowboys, who teams love to send the message against.
Speaker 4: Right, the game again, Monday.
Speaker 6: Nights, prime time, prime time, Joe Burrow in prime time, and every many games are on that day.
Speaker 7: This is the one just the one that the whole name stand alone.
Speaker 6: So I say all of that to say, yes, it is true that Bengals defense is just it's abhorrent. It is absolutely abhorrent. But sun shines on the dogs buns every once in a while, you know. The actual quote shouts out to Wesley Snipes and white man can't jump. So don't let it shine on on the Bengals defense on Monday.
Speaker 5: Well, we'll only have a few minutes left, boys, So I just want you to do you want you to give me a a player on that side of the ball, on the defense for Cincinnati aside from Hendrickson that we need to be wary of going into this Monday night football game. Tell me about Joseph hook him Tommy already did stay yet?
Speaker 8: No, sadly not yet.
Speaker 4: I needed to be Saturday.
Speaker 9: He's just he's he's a good player. I don't I mean, I don't have a whole bunch to say about him. There's just not a lot to see on this There's not a lot to see. But I think he's the next most effective player, yeah, outside of interesting and they try to find a way to get those guys both on the field at the same time, But I don't have a whole bunch.
Speaker 7: You probably got more than me.
Speaker 8: So it was somebody that you talked about earlier, not directly. He had the pick six against Pittsburgh. Cam Taylor Britt.
Speaker 7: I really like him. I think he's a great player.
Speaker 3: Why success this season?
Speaker 7: Say that again?
Speaker 3: Why the lack of success this season for Taylor Britt?
Speaker 7: Oh my god.
Speaker 8: The whole defense has just not played well. I mean, everybody's just teeing off on him. So you know, he's a good play. But if you're not surrounded by other good players, then, like you know, you could say Deron Bland is a good player, and teams have still been able to throw against the Cowboys. Trevon Diggs is a good player. Teams has still been able to throw against the Cowboys. So you know, the defense as a hole just hasn't been good. And you look at some of the offenses they've played, I mean Baltimore, Kansas City, Washington, Philly, Pittsburgh. Now, I guess with Russell Wilson and how he's been playing. But Cam Taylor, Britzy guy, he's still made plays. He's got twelve passes defended this year.
Speaker 7: That's fourth in the league.
Speaker 8: He has the two interceptions that picked six last week against Pittsburgh, albeit how Isaiah described it earlier. But he's a guy who's growing. It's only his third season. He was a second round pick out of Nebraska. But when he's on, he's really on for this Bengals defense. And I think that you know, that's the guy that you got to watch out for when you do throw against this team, because you can make a play.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was going to sit tailor Britt, but I'm going to add one other.
Speaker 3: They're stilling off of Tommy's homwerk No no as actually thought like mine.
Speaker 6: We always talked about this earlier. Nobody's still frequency. I'm going I'm going to Jermaine Pratt. I'm going to Jermaine Pratt, team leader in tackles one hundred and ten combined tackles at linebacker, and this game is going to be that much more put on him in the absence of Logan Wilson. But not only is he a tackling machine.
Speaker 4: He can cover.
Speaker 6: He has what four pass deflections, he has an interception this season, But when you're in his vicinity, protect the ball, he will punch that ball out. He will punch the ball out. He has a couple of force fumbles. He's always looking for that to jar the ball free. So rather it be Trey Hendrickson, Taylor Britt and now we're talking Jermaine Pratt. There are two or three names that you need to keep an eye on. And like I said, Jermaine Pratt, he's going to be center field on that center field, but in the heart of that defense. Just be careful when you're around him because he he's not great in run defense, but he doesn't miss a lot of tackles either.
Speaker 4: So for as much as the defensive unit missus tackles, not so much Jermaine Pratt.
Speaker 7: And he's the one that's locked up. Play a car. Yeah he can't move. Yeah, he cannot move two directions.
Speaker 11: I know.
Speaker 6: Once he sits sight that's pick give a line. Yeah, he doesn't drop gear and change it's.
Speaker 3: Hor momentum.
Speaker 6: Cowboys kind of have a similar player at safety Donovan, where it's one gear go. But if he has to drop gears and change directions, not so much as bag.
Speaker 3: All right, boys, that'll be it for talking Cowboys today.
Speaker 5: Thank you so much for joining us here in the wa Aggressive Isaiah but anyways, thank you so much for tuning in. Cowboys storyline is up next. We will see you tomorrow your test alright, see the letter boys.
Speaker 4: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.