Speaker 1: Hellone, Welcome to Awaken, Jake myself, Jake, Ronald Story, Ellie Big Baby, David Mendelssohn producing. As it is March third. I just found that out, saw it on the screen three or so weeks away. Well, we've got the fake opening day in Japan in three weeks or less then and then real opening day three weeks twenty four days. Yeah, so yeah, getting excited over here, getting ready for our regular baseball schedules. Between Dan Rourke was just talking about baseball today every day. Oh, talking baseball, talking Yanks series recaps, it's all coming, it's all coming through spring training, which we were just that. So we're gonna talk about our spring training trip a little bit. I'll probably do some some of the spring training storylines before that because that's more around the league because we were only at Yankees camp. But there's some fun, fun tales to go through there. Yep. We had a couple of little quick hitter breaking news. Jose Kintana just signed with the Brewers. My instant reaction to that was the Brewers have the Brewers have three four starters that when they're hot, they get hot. I've seen Nestor Cortes go on runs. I've seen Aaron Savali going runs now Kintana, who finished last year so strong for Los Mets, and it just makes everything feel a little better for them right now. Andy or excuse me, Aaron Ashby. Andy Ashby retired, Aaron Ashby was slotted into that final spot in the rotation. They are classic Brewers, they you know, at the end of free agency, here they are. They brought in Tyler Alexander, they brought in Jose Kintana. So they're bringing guys that have pitched major league innings to come into their brewers. That's a nice way to put it, pitching factory. I feel like that's that's it's the term we've gotten over just because it felt so lame, and that's more of like a college term when it's like you just crank out cornerbacks or whatever it is. So Freddie Peralta, Tobias Myers, Nestor Cortes, Aaron Savale, and Jose Kintana. What's that giggle.
Speaker 2: Related to this?
Speaker 3: John Hayman just got in on the Quintana an.
Speaker 2: Now it's been tweets.
Speaker 1: Whatever.
Speaker 3: Hosy Katana, who owns the Brewers, agrees to deal with the brew crew.
Speaker 1: Uh. Addition, by addition, some might say John Brewers are gonna be good their bullpen that is an actual factory. They're second in bullpenny ra last year, third in whip. Devin Williams only played less than half the season. Not a lot of names, you know down there. Not a lot of people honking the horn of Trevor McGill, Jared Kanig, Joel pie Amps, Brian Hudson, Nick Mears. Remember they traded for him from Colorado. He expect him to be good and at one point they will call up our new favorite around this office, Craig Yoho. Crazy minor league strikeout numbers that bullpens without Abner Uribe, who's got all the talent in the world. Davey Garcia's in camp, watch out. Uh, Brewers are gonna Brewers so hard this year. It's gonna be fun. Keep Yelly healthy. Didn't don't have the Quintana money yet, but just another safe MLB arm who can go on a nice one two three month stretch for you. So Brewers gone, Brewers. What was the other? Was there another transaction that went down? No? Uh, let's get into the injuries. Not fun, Our Yanks are really banged up. Giancarlo Stanton double elbows gone from the team. We asked everyone at spring training. They listed it as personal reasons, and everyone says it is personal reasons, but nobody knows. No one even has like a guess you hope everything's okay, and it's it is very much personal reasons. Hands up, like, hey, man, go you're Jinkarlo stan go do what you gotta do. If you're willing to leave spring training and not be with us, because it's whatever it is, you gotta go do that and we'll see you when we see you. He also got PRP shots in both elbows. He's gonna start the year on the il. For the Yankees who Lostjan Soto, for the Yankees who lost Glabor Torres, and the Yankees that are now losing jin Carlos Stanton. Sure they've brought in the pieces to replace some of those guys. Cody Bellinger, be nice. We had a good hang with Cody Bellinger. Talk about that. You know, jazz Chism was here. He's now the second baseman. Paul Goldschmidt again, let's see what Goldie's got. No interactions with him, but he looks like a man. But yeah, I've had my questions with the Yankees hitting, depending how you want to look at it this offseason or the past four off seasons, and they have more questions and something that was probably a bad part of the questions. DJ Lemayhew came back for his first spring training game, second at bat, calf injury. Tough to see with how hurt he's been and where the Yankees expectations are with him that he'll be around for opening Day now, so we can kind of put that on the back burner. But pretty wild my Yankees. As I was cruising different websites to give some updates around the league, new pitches, who's got v low, they had the most names listed in their injury report, including Scott f Ross and Luis Heal, who goes down with some tricep shoulder discomfort during a bullpen session. Marcus Stroman was the name talked about a lot this offseason as a guy. Are the Yankees gonna trade him? How is this gonna sort out? Well, he's now the Yankees fifth starter, so we'll still be a story to track throughout the season. Because Marcus Stroman, I believe his contract for next year kicks in with one hundred and forty innings and teams already didn't like his contract for this year. So that'll be something in Yankee Land and maybe outside of Yankee Land. Whether trade injury, I don't know. Yanks feeling a little bit. The other one that kind of just happened, Sean Murphy for the Braves expected him as four to six weeks crack left rib from a hit by pitch. That's a nightmare, the worst case scenario. Hate that and man Sean Murphy on on this program with Jolly Olive, we talked about the catcher pantheon. This was a guy that for me was near the top, had an argument for the top after last year. Tough to do that. Just a weird one for me. And this is just Jakie Olds. Sean Murphy such like a man in my head. He's thirty years old. I have five years on him. Probably still takes me in a fight from peakskill. New York didn't have that look at that. We're finding out about Sean Murphy. Is he though he went to high school in Ohio, college in Ohio. All right, Sean Murphy, you're not a New Yorker anyways. Sean Murphy didn't hit a lick last year, one ninety three, a six thirty six ops, sot A one point three war. So whatever Sean Murphy was doing defensively in his seventy two games, they still like that. In the two seasons before that, Sean Murphy had seven ninety four ops A one twenty four OPS plus All Star MVP votes and a Gold Glove the year before that, So, I don't know. Sometimes baseball moves fast. This has to be a little scary for Braves fans coming off. How hurt did they get last year? Sean Murphy, Ronald Cooney, Junior, Spencer Streder. That's just the top. You're talking about a guy who had an argument for top catcher, and then two guys had arguments for best position player, best pitcher. So that's scary for them. They do have I think a pretty legitimate catching prospect Drake Baldwin in the wings, depending where you're looking, top thirty, top sixty type prospect, so hey, maybe that'll turn into some an embarrassment of riches for the Braves. Lefty hitting catcher we always like that, and they did let Travis Darnaut go this offseason. That you know, the Drake Baldwin path may have already been on, and maybe that's gonna just expedite this whole process. Braves. Man, it was an interesting offseason. Jerkson Profar ended up being their their big ad and it was funny. We just did our the Talking Baseball Position Unit draft the Braves starting pitching without Strider. Uh. They graded out fantastic last year, which is a ton of Chris Sale and I you know you want it double down on that bet. But Chris Sale showed he can still be on the mount and be Chris Sale, which we weren't sure about going into last year. Uh. And Rinaldo Lopez was just silly good last year. What was that someone I forget who brought it up? Uh, someone said that Ronaldo Lopez's numbers are eerily similar to Paul Skeens. I'll get the side by side for you, okay, man, Paul Skeins, he gets a lot of clicks. You can type in a lot of ballplayers' names and it gives you right to their baseball reference, not Paul Skeens. That's a good sign. Paul Skeen's last year one hundred thirty three innings pitched, twenty three starts a one to nine six ERA, five point nine war one hundred and seventy punchouts and one hundred and thirty three innings Yo, Rinaldo Lopez one hundred and thirty five point two innings pitch very similar, twenty five starts very similar A one nine ninety RA a five to one war h So you know, while you're partying on Skeen's Peninsula, I'm over here on Lopez Island having a blast. Skeenes was better, but it's just the point of I mean, Rinaldo Lopez was a reliever. I mean it is a reliever. Was a reliever, which I think should be a credit to Ronaldo Lopez, should be a credit to the Atlanta Braves. And just a reminder, remember there were some weird stats with the Braves last year that their top four starters were electric, but the fifth starter just kept getting rocked. That, along with some of the injuries in their lineup, Albie's Olsen didn't click until the end of the year. Gonna be an interesting year for those Atlanta Braves as the divisions caught up a little bit. But man Spencer schwellenback was really good for them. Ion Anderson is supposed to be back in the rotation. I don't know what you do with those braves. Just brought in Hector Narris. By the way, Hector Narris will get added to that bullpen, so Riesel, Pierce Johnson, Aaron Bummer, Dylan Lee, and Nearris. Not a lot of guys that strike fear guys that are good. I do love Riesel, so I'll backattle that a little bit.
Speaker 3: He's the exception on the fear front. He's got some intimidation to him.
Speaker 1: But Pierce Johnson bumber, heavy sinker, good strike out numbers two, So maybe I need to be a little less ruse ruse or food comment below. Let's see other significant injuries. None that really stood out, Like Gunner Henderson and Jordan Westburg were both banged up, but they're young in spry, they'll be okay. I guess Bobby Miller that was a weird one. Got hit by a line drive, so he's concussion protocol, but he's out, so body wise, I guess not worried, but scary if you're someone buying Tiger stock, which I think I am. The Tigers didn't lose anything this offseason and they added a decent amount of pieces. A couple concerning ones, though, Parker Meadows, who they're banking on on being their everyday center fielder nerve issue in his upper right arm. Don't love that. I'm just gonna say that, no set timetable to resume. Think about what we opened a show with approximate in three weeks spring training's done. Maybe that's a better number. Spring training ends in three weeks, so Parker Meadows, with no timetable to return, would need to come back, get enough at bats, feel good to be ready for opening Day. I'm worried about that. I would even I would bet against that. Matt Vierling was also one of the Tigers' best all around players last year, a strained rotator cuff muscle not available for opening day. Parker Meadows and Matt Vierling were probably gonna be two of the top five in their lineup.
Speaker 3: Last season, they were down the stretch probably two of their top three four.
Speaker 1: So yeah, if you early Tiger stock taking a bit of a dip, don't love that? Whyite Langford Young Boachie says he's letting it go done White Sox and the kindest way don't care? Did laugh sing Andrew Benenttenni and Michael A. Taylor. How about that. Go out and get it, guys, Let's get traded. Talking to let's get traded. Will Venable running it? Red Sox injuries all seemed okay. Yoshidah played in a game. He still can't throw. Kind of forgot about that. Eh, yeah, Yeah, he's throwing at a distance of forty five feet. When you think about that on the professional level, it's a routine groundball. The second maybe maybe a little more, a little less. Let's see Cutter Crawford, Okay, that significant looks like he won't be ready for opening day. Discomfort in his pateller tendon in his right and knee. So that's interesting, Cutter Crawford. If I was looking to do Jakie tweet with a bad form of baseball trivia on it, where could I get people with Cutter Crawford. He doesn't have innings the last two years.
Speaker 2: Last year's a lot of innings.
Speaker 1: Last year was a lot of innings. I guess last year wasn't as impressive as I thought the innings were. He gave up the most home runs in the American League. Maybe Cutter Coffers not as impressive as I thought. As an inning eater and a guy that gives you an effective start low whip the past couple of years, maybe I can't make my great trivia with him. The Red Sox will feel that a little bit. Let's see what else around La Liga. Don't var show Oh entering his final stages of rehabit They originally they haven't been slotting him for opening Day at all. I still don't think they will, but he hit a homer in a spring training game. Next step is getting up to eighty miles per hour throwing. That's interesting. I've never heard it labeled that way for a position player. We normally hear the distance distances long toss selenity. Eighty miles per hour all right, as.
Speaker 3: Soon as he like a like a percon effort, right Like, I don't know what that is relative to what he normally does.
Speaker 1: Once he's there, Once he's throwing eighty comfortably, he'll start throwing to bases and maxing out for the final stages of rehab.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Uh. Lance mccullor's junior flashback Snapdragon hasn't been on a mount since June of twenty three. Yeah, pretty crazy, how pitchers can go missing for a little bit. Uh throwing batting practice to some teammates on the backfield, so that still steps away. Javier assad throwing program. It's looking like he's gonna miss opening day, but I have a follow up on that later. Make sure you're tuned in and subscribed to waken Jake Nico Horner flexor tendon surgery in October. I was gonna say, geez, he's gonna miss the Tokyo series. He started light hitting, so that'll be interesting.
Speaker 3: I don't know if he's gonna I know if they've declared anything as far as like the proper opening day, but not making the.
Speaker 1: Tokyo tr like to assume if he's not there a week earlier that they probably are safe about it. But I know Matt Shaw's a little banged up to Let's see Cubbies, Shane Bieber throwing, Nice Esteves and Kyle Wright. People forget about Kyle Wright threw off the mound for the first time since February. Let's see him when you see him, Rockies, kindly.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: Eli Ramos oblique stuff hasn't played yet in the Cactus League. Obleik's always tricky. He's Young, no need to rush him yet. And America's catcher Tom Murphy still missing some time, So that was the injury part of it. That not crazy juicy Cordyn Carroll banged up Spencer Steer for my reds fans, that could affect Christian and Carnassio and Shrand's playing time. Watch out Will Smith banged up. They've got other catchers. Dodgers don't care about anything.
Speaker 3: Cutter Crawford had a three E R A flat on July thirteenth, so I think he was trending towards a pretty impressive season. It was a six' five to nine his final sixty nine.
Speaker 1: Innings as he, goes The Red sox starters, go you guys know. That let's see Two van left. Field sure fun who's gonna lead off for The? Yankees could do that all. DAY i Saw kim could start out the season in the, minors WHICH i don't love that for me Because i'm buying a LITTLE i Song kim Stock. UH i don't. KNOW i guess it's gonna be interesting to see how they handle. That that would open up some room For Andy, pajes probably With Tommy edmund going to second Base dodgers can do whatever they. WANT i think it will be an, interesting just little case study Like Kaisan. KIM i guess they can do whatever they. WANT i don't. Know they showed that taste to reel of them all taken infield and he was bopping with the boys that that would surprise me a little. Bit but they also can just play by their own. Rules go To TRIPLE A tulsa for a couple of weeks and just knock it. Around we don't Care vlo, time everyone Loves, Vilo Carlos, Carrasco. Vintage we'll get. There Jesus lizardo probably the most overlooked move of this, offseason AND i have no reason why he was sitting ninety six point seven with the four seamer up and a half from last. Year, yeah, man this guy was a prize. PIECE i think The villo dipped a little bit in his fastball doesn't have a ton of funk to. It that losing that mile and a half did hurt. Him phillies know what they're, doing, man AND i think there he slotted in their fifth. Spot, essentially watch out for the fightings this. Year Mike. Soroka remember when The braves were getting started and they had a Young canadian ace that was gonna like lead them through. Everything been a lot of injuries and weird For Mike, soroka and weird. Injuries by the, Way soroka was an interesting free agent this offseason because he went to the bullpen and he was. Dominant, uh let me get these numbers for. You but the other early returns From Mikey, soroka The vilo is, up the nicknamed the rock Oh soroka Sorok. OH i don't, know Maybe i'm not doing good with, that but he got signed by The Washington. Nationals looks like he had one outing of three innings, pitch no hits in three. Strikeouts the reason THAT i Liked Mike soroka for a baseball team this year is because as a relief pitcher last, Year Mike soroka thirty six innings and sixteen, outings so multi Inning mike over two innings Per if you're a math person like, me thirty six innings sixty. Strikeouts Mike soroka was serving out of the, bullpen so who knows what that? Is as a, starter he got knocked around last. Year did he find something is his arm still building back. UP i don't, know but his velo is up. Again he has been through a rigmarole of, injuries and you guys, KNOW i don't like using that word that there could be Some mike S oka this. Year the Article i'm reading off OF Cbs sports don't end up there a, Lot and it's kind of. FUNNY i forgot they're a big fantasy. Site so everything By Chris, towers every every note ends with like a their fantasy like. Predicament they At. Soroka MAYBE i, Will MAYBE i, will Mister. Towers Jordan, romano Your philly's, closer got knocked around With toronto last. YEAR uh ninety six point five with his four SEAMER uh slider looked good after some injuries last year elbow surgery. Man philly's kind of placed a big bet on him to secure their back. End so that's something to. Watch trev's, Guys Zebbie matthews sitting ninety six point six with is forceemer up almost two miles per. Hour minnesota didn't make a ton of. Moves they're gonna bank out a lot of young. Guys could be one of. Them Zach gallon's velo back up. Sure. Uh and how about this friend of the, Company Styx. Mackenzie we had heard about this with Our arizona. Crew Jolly olive went down there a few. Others but, yeah they Said styx was hitting ninety. Seven oh, nice it's got a link to a picture's list. Article we like that he's up three point four miles per. Hour, uh they listed as ninety four point. Five it was. Funny spring training numbers are not. Real they are and they. Aren't we've been last. Laughing there was a Good Garrett cole quote talking About Carlos carrasco and he calls it vintage because he's sitting ninety. FOUR i don't know If Carlos carrasco is sitting ninety four because last YEAR i think he was sitting eighty. Nine well that's just baseball. Talk SO i support it UNTIL i.
Speaker 2: Don't and.
Speaker 1: This one could be fun if you're deep in the fantasy. World Max, meyer former top top draft pick returned From Tommy john his AVERAGE velo is. Up could be the next guy to come out of that Uh minnesota world of, Pitch, Minnesota, miami get MY ms mixed. Up you guys know that he's twenty six years. Old that's that's a potential. Breakout. Guy if it all comes, together this is the most fun. Section then why didn't you talk about it? Earlier jake new pitches because this is a land full of filled with. Malarkey or sometimes you're, like that's, significant and let me tell you the first one that. Significant Robbie. Ray, yes that's. Right Cy Young award Winner Robbie ray traded From seattle To San francisco a little while, back got settled in last, Year Robbie ray reached out To Trek. Scouobel he, said, hey, man we have similar our. Motions how you throw that? Thang referencing his. Changeup schooble responded with dozens of, videos, pictures and diagrams to help him. Out what a. Guy If i'm A tigers, FAN i don't love. That that's always been The there's an Old yankees joke THAT i Believe mariano Taught Roy holliday his cutter at An All star game one, year And Roy holliday had a really damn good cutter that everyone was, like, Hey, mariano.
Speaker 3: Especially against shut your, butt and, okay so you're, like all, right one of the best pitches in.
Speaker 1: Baseball Robbie ray got some, hints tips and code shared with, him and then for, me the question is always are we using it in? Spring was it thrown in a? Bullpen? Uh he threw three straight to uh to strike Out Jorge. Solaire three straight change ups could be big for Robb, ray who's been fastball slider throughout his. Career but, man if you, could, uh he can add a change up to the. Mix just a, Reminder Robbie, ray one of the best strikeout pitchers In major league. History there could be something that happens In San francisco this, year but it's so hard to believe in. It. Huh he, chimed you, Say kakuchi your big free agent ad for Your Los Angeles angels Of. ANAHEIM i laughed at this. Again this is this is a new friend for, Me Chris, towers who wrote this. Article let's become, Friends. Chris maybe we, will he, said you, Say. Kakuchi cacuchi is constantly. Tinkering maybe he. IS i don't. KNOW i think all pictures are in a. Way, anyways he found more success with his slider joining The. Astros we did see. That, uh he's adding a. Sweeper, uh that was cool two years. Ago you say more glove side, movement new. Wrinkle let's, see he's kind of out of, sight out of mind until he gets. Traded, WHOOPS i mentioned EARLIER i said something About javier assad and The. Cubs were you? LISTENING i? Barely Was Ben brown a new change. Up grip was fastball curveball last, year and he's trying add a change. Up so If asad's, out there's a fifth starter job to be had with The. Cubbies had some good strikeout numbers last, year and if you're looking to get through a rotation more, times especially, lefties need another. Pitch he's working on a new change. Up Casey, Mice, okay Mister, TOWERS i do want to be. Friends he does open up this With Casey mice continues to. TINKER i think all pitchers, do and that's. Fine Casey. Mice one. One it's been a. While there's not a lot of, those a lot of. Injuries velo up this spring, bong three different variations of a slider that's. Tinkering that's, tinkering, uh and a splitter with an even bigger velo jump than the. Fastball let me guess should we throw a dart at this guy and deeper, leagues let's see he's worth a look in deeper. Leagues no. Darts oh, GOD i didn't even see this, section but we might as. Well and, hey CAN i apologize To Chris towers BECAUSE i now want to call Him Kyle stowers because that's the left fielder for The, marlins or one of the outfielders for The, marlins former of The Orioles Creative. Players And i've liked this, article So i'm. Sorry i'm goofing and gaffing with you a little bit here at the, end but that's just ALL i. Know Walker buehler looked good the other. Day that's not in the, article but he just. Did and he's A Red sox and he's wearing number, zero and he's shut down The yankees in The World series and The mets in THE, cs and he's got a really good track record getting. Healthier jackson looks. Electric, okay triple digits in. Spring, yeah it'll be, interesting interesting to see where he. Lands he's been a top pitching. Prospect i'll tell you, what my top. Scout you guys might know him As John boy said that fastball was a little too straight last, year so let's, see maybe we've got a little more movement on, it maybe a little more vertical or. Horizontal Quinn matthews not in my book excited to find out About Quinn Matthews. Cardinals one of the young guys they're going to be banking on this. Year he was just reassigned a minor league. Camp but a young guy with some juice on a team that will need some juice this. Year let's, see are we taking a chance on him in fantasy? LEAGUES i don't think. SO i don't think. So and then a final shout out at the end of the, Article, WELL i GUESS i did see. This it's our, Guy Dick, fitz who was seen in a nice Viral Red sox a dugout video wearing A caddy. OUTFIT a little putting competition going on, there he was in the. Show he's throwing ninety eight in his most recent outing, slider, sweeper. Curveball, sure and, yeah With Cutter crawford banged, Out bayo's banged, out maybe there's some dick fits going on in your, life and whether you want to keep that on or off the, record you let me. KNOW i guess if your team has something going, on let us know whether it's a prospect or more velo new. Pitch we talked about The Clay holmes kick change on this program. Before let us know what else is out. There now we can finally give the peel back the. Curtain on the spring training trip twenty Five, tampa let's SEE maybebd And sam got to the airport On friday early five thirty five thirty WAS i think all three of our target. Times, YEAH i got there five thirty. Six you And sam were six minutes ahead of me in. Line you saw me AT tsa BECAUSE i was wearing my big shady red. Glasses didn't realize how much they stuck, out but they're the size of old lady glasses and they're.
Speaker 3: Reflective so, Yeah sam hit me with the OH i See, Jake and then that was she could TELL i was trying to lock.
Speaker 2: In she, said, glasses AND i said that.
Speaker 1: Help early vibes at the airport? GOOD i MEAN i. Did one of my friends mentioned this BECAUSE i was, like oh, yeah this weekend going down To tampa for spring. Training he's, like oh, shit is that your Guy's COACHELLA i didn't really think about, it BUT i was, like, wow if you go to spring, training you really like The, yankees or you're A florida person that doesn't care at, all which is, Fine but THEN i was, like, damn, yeah if you're someone that would hunt out a trip to go see A yankee spring training, game there's a chance you're tangled in our little web at this. Point so a lot of nice people at the airport and. Stuff there's a COUPLE i met there THAT i thought was another COUPLE i met, Before SO i don't, know in a WAY i was being too, friendly but we didn't exchange. Names, Anyways land In tampa. Early what's that? About flights both are flat about a half hour. Early and isn't that? Funny it's one of those times he didn't need, it like it was too early to check into our airbnb and. Stuff, anyways we link up With New jersey Crew John, Boy Joe's Kyle. Uh we all get, Together we get our, bags everything really, SMOOTH i, guess shout out To. Delta how about that really really nice stuff At LaGuardia, too.
Speaker 2: Get in the.
Speaker 1: Uber we head to the. House house isn't ready, yet cleaning crew is, there but we schmooze a little. Bit we're, like, hey you, know we'd love to get in. There we were doing the dance with the airbnb. Owner they said we could use the backyard but not the house early but it was kind of, like we're going to figure this out, right figured it. Out cleaning people said they're almost. Done you guys can get in. Here after. Beauty what do we? Do joe's needs contact, Solution so we walked to A cvs that had been renamed something. Else oh and not like a Brand i'd seen. Before it felt like a locally OWNED. Cvs, anyways we got into a. Fight joe's wanted to go To. Target we, SAID cvs is really close and there's more of them and seven elevens. Around he, said there's More targets than seven. Elevens this has to be something we can look. UP i mean it has to be seven, elevens. Right how many seven elevens in the world SHOULD i do in the world OR? Usa Because joe's was REFERENCING.
Speaker 3: USA i think he was TALKING usa.
Speaker 1: Thirteen, thousand seven eleven's in THE.
Speaker 3: US i have the number on targets as of twenty twenty three nineteen.
Speaker 1: Hundred, okay so, yes.
Speaker 2: Well over double or ten.
Speaker 3: Times the feeling better about that, Then.
Speaker 1: So we get, that we, eat we do some Water bird. Contact, hey this is the real. Stuff this is coming up on forty minutes and Awaken. Jake WATERBIRD i think it's becoming available In jersey. Soon they just became available In. Florida that's part of the reason we were working with. Them very. Good it's been a big hit at our. Warehouse they delivered a shipment. There if you like The, seltzers you'll like Water. BIRD i find a few of The seltzers To syrupy doesn't have. That it's like real, juice real. BOOZE i don't like fake, booze fake juice at not a part of this. Program had a Few saturday. Night we'll get, there, guys so we eat fresh. Kitchen great spot in The tampa. Area go check that out if you're down. There no idea why they're not a more national chain.
Speaker 2: Because they have a few down, there.
Speaker 1: Right but, yeah it's like a thing down, there not like it's a one local. Spot if it was around our, OFFICE i think it would be the most popular lunch. Spot that's What i'll say we head over to spring training slightly weird time because there's a seven pm night, game so we got there at like one twelve.
Speaker 3: Thirty, yeah, well our arrival time was kind of right in between the crew that was there for the early workouts that were leaving and before people who had to play in the game later were really.
Speaker 2: Going to be.
Speaker 1: There, yes morning crew had done their, stuff like there were some players like just arriving to start getting ready for the night. Game so again not bad. Timing pretty cool where real media passes. There spring training is always awesome, vibes walk around, backfields main, field see what's going, on say hi to the. REPORTERS i think the first event that Really Aaron boone was doing a press conference at three forty five IF i remember. Correctly so it's funny watching Watching joe's fake be a part of that scrum was pretty. Electric it was one of those moments and it's just a reminder AND i guess we we sometimes get up tied about it when people reference us as media because that scrum is not what we. Do Aaron boone opened it up with WHEN i have info And, Stanton i'll tell, you and then he's like he'll got hurt thrown his bullpen and we're, Like Jesus, CHRIST i DON'T i don't want. This felt like felt like you had a dirty. SECRET i didn't like. IT i didn't like That boone did the rest of his presser, said hi To boone for a little. Bit, Meredith Brian, hoake you know just some Good yankee. People, uh batting practice starts that. Day uh was that belly?
Speaker 2: Day that was belly?
Speaker 1: Day he was one that was Belly. Day that was. Nice. Uh Cody bellinger And Cole tucker are, friends SO i kind of had that. IN i didn't didn't go up to him a lot at the wedding because those were a lot Of yankee rumors that, time SO i didn't want to Be yankee boy around. Him but, yeah he's a. Dude he's a Chill arizona, guy happens to be very good at, baseball won AN, mvp and he was. Cool he had his guard down a little more than he would with normal reporters and, stuff and he was just yucking and excited and all all the things you wanted to hear from the New yankee center, fielder Which i'll be, HONEST i had a not an EMOTIONAL i was Texting Cole tucker to be, like, hey you got ANYTHING i should Ask belly and he was like he mentioned something about his golf game, mentally AND i was, LIKE i don't Think i'm gonna bring that. Up and Then cole later was, like how Is. BELLY i was, like he was, awesome and THEN i was, like, man center field for The, yankees that's, uh it's.
Speaker 2: Real it's one of the big.
Speaker 1: Ones. MAN i don't know if you've shortstop. Center not sure they have an.
Speaker 3: ARGUMENT i don't intend to change topics on, you but because this is something that came up with us on this.
Speaker 2: Trip have you seen The yankee lineup?
Speaker 1: TODAY i feel LIKE i, did But i've forgotten.
Speaker 3: It belly's getting the left field game. Today, okay that's good tonight play the.
Speaker 1: Outfield belly was a. Stud Clark schmidt always gives us a friendly, hello and that's.
Speaker 3: Fine kind of, funny just back to back Spring training's like, Ask we're walking in running To, clark very same exact.
Speaker 1: Spot what a? World what were the Other saturday? Highlights?
Speaker 3: Uh next day we got a lot of a lot of Players, saturday.
Speaker 2: A lot of media check. Ins, yeah that's a bigger media, day.
Speaker 1: A lot of the media. Stuff we had a great setup thanks To yankees. Media we were in the old radio. Booth radio wasn't down, there so we were like Where john And susan thank?
Speaker 2: You so that was.
Speaker 1: Cool, yeah we ate, Dinner we watched the. Game, uh everyone was getting sleepy from travel day and like early travel. Day Like i've been doing this weird thing WHERE i think it's cool to go to the gym before travel day Because i'm, like, well a that makes the day a. WIN blb sleepy on the, flight but if you don't really, sleep Like i'm replacing an hour of good sleep with an hour of airplane, sleep which isn't like like a great. Trade joe's like didn't sleep at. All his daughter was, sick so we're not gonna throw him under the bus for, that but, yeah you could see the sleep he's kicking. In we watched about half the game and then everyone kind of looked at each other AND i was, like let's let's get out of, here and kind of the crowd did the same. Thing so that made me feel a little. Better the, starter the starters got out of the cool so that was cool spring training, game so we did. That did we yuck With boone a lot the first day or more so the second?
Speaker 2: DAY i guess it was more on day.
Speaker 1: ONE i believe we yucked With boone a. Bit he's. GOOD i was a little worried about.
Speaker 3: THE i think day one was was when we got him commenting on our golf.
Speaker 1: Games when When boone walked, out we were with another reporter and we made a joke about us asking like real questions and then like this was right before the scrum and he was like about to tell The heel news And stanton and so we were talking like Serious yanks for a, second and it wasn't the best spring training to get off. Of but again we ended up yucking and being silly and, yeah, yeah that was pretty Much. Saturday we get. Back you, know classic AIRBAB tv setup that it's not that great to. Use we didn't know what to put. On everyone's really. Tired people were in bed ten fifteen ten, charity which was fine because it was a day game the next, day so we're going to the field, early so pretty much call. It we did call, it in, fact went to, bed wake up the next. Day we're leaving for the field at at about. Eight this is a little behind the. Scenes this is the real. STUFF i Mentioned joe's McFly. Sleepy he said he had like an hour of sleep to get through a full travel. Day yankee spring training a lot of sun for the first time FOR Us.
Speaker 3: Northeast people like, it like this is kind of, soft but like a lot of standing in the.
Speaker 2: Sun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no like the back of the knees. Hurtin you're getting sun you. Travel it's a combo for the. Olds, anyways seven thirty, am everyone's rustling around getting ready quick. SHOWERS i just hear like uhoo boop, beep, wow wow wow wa wow. Whoao coming out Of jos's. Room he was just baby babbling to himself because he had. Slept he had. Energy, again he got like a ten hour, sleep so he was in his room just making noises to. Himself which is a great, unfortunately a great start to the. Day remember that as we sneak up On, sunday so we head to the field at eight eight thirty. Am crazy What babe d just laughed at that's coming. Up we get to the field eight Thirty it was like the same. Time players were, arriving which was kind of. Perfect like players were definitely told to like be ready for, nine so everyone was coming in at eight thirty eight forty. Five i've Met jazz for the first. Time that was. COOL i think he. Was it was a weird, delivery but we're all pretty sure he was telling us to do more. Jokes he damned me up and he said more.
Speaker 3: Jokes he at least at the very, BEGINNING i was wondering if he thought we were like The yankees people to do like the shorts that they, like walk up interest sing something.
Speaker 1: Interesting he's, LIKE i want more that are like.
Speaker 3: Silly that was like my in real, time like first, thought BUT i didn't.
Speaker 2: Know and then by the END i think he realized who we.
Speaker 1: Were in, HINDSIGHT i could See jazz just assuming we're with The yankees, too like hasn't seen us. Yet But jazz was. COOL i did mention that we have the same. Jacket it's a nice. Bond jazz was.
Speaker 2: Cool.
Speaker 1: Uh who else that? MORNING a lot of a lot of what's? Up Carlos rodan is a regular for us at spring. Training all the talk we need we need to go a step further With carlos because he's boys with the saspittest.
Speaker 2: Guys you know that's in.
Speaker 1: HIM a Little New york and, Him, yeah we. Don't we don't have the full Like bro. Album it's very much, like, oh.
Speaker 2: It's just like a nice flight to each.
Speaker 1: Other let's see who else Was saturday. Morning Tino Tino. Martinez that was pretty cool carrying a, bat said he was mailing it to a. Kid but it was cool to just See Tino martinez roaming around holding a bat by the.
Speaker 2: BARREL i like, that you've got a.
Speaker 1: Bat, YEAH i was, strong strong stuff By. Joe's uh so that was a nice start to the. Morning YANKEES. Bp it's judges first. Game uh so we're a little On judge walk, watch as as is everyone for being. Honest just got the fill From Baseball reference boom. Big so everyone's On Judge. WATCH i mean Every yankee, game everyone's kind of On Judge. Watch but his first. Game AND i don't know if this is known with, people AND i don't know if people, care but we haven't mixed it up With. Judge we've had a couple of nice moments or he gives like the point LIKE i see you, guys and it's, like oh that's, nice like.
Speaker 3: In basically the same context like some head nods and oh it's.
Speaker 1: Ups, yeah you. Know and again it's not like we feel owed, anything but it's also just, like, oh, okay so we're On Judge. Watch we're mixing up with the beat reporters, Again meredith hanging around the best and, YEAH Dj lemayhew comes out for early batting practice and we all kind of look at each other, like, oh, Interesting so we haven't said a ton of great stuff the past couple of, years so that you wonder the past couple of. Weeks he came, out he was, Friendly, hey, guys excited to be excited to be. Back we're like. Same. Uh so that was Nice jo's And Dominguez Boy Spencer jones is a friend of the company as he has a friend working at the, company and nice guy, whatever just a nice. Kid so he was. Bopping so Then judge comes out AND i mean it's It's, judge you, know like he's he's the. Guy there's there's a family there THAT i don't. KNOW i don't know if they're just a nice family or if there's something going, on but they were getting special. Treatment judge's going there taking, pictures signing, balls he's TAKING, bp he's signing with other people between batting practice, session like this captain of The yankees first time on the spring training for Spring Kirk cousins was floating. Around if you don't Know Kirk, cousins a, quarterback his, Cousin Jake, cousins is on The YANKEES. Us So Kirk cousins was there with his kids and his wife kind of wanted to, Say, hi It's Kirk. Cousins why Not i've said on this program earlier this year is my favorite quarterback to. Watch things went, sour but uh, yeah looked great by the.
Speaker 2: Way you. Forget oh, yeah he's a quarterback in THE.
Speaker 1: Nfl six,' four, filled out handsome guy, Like, okay kirk, but yeah he had his, two kids was with, his wife so we all left. Him alone it was a. Nice moment dudes. BEING Dudes, dj lemayhew who's hasn't gotten a ton of compliments in the past couple. Of YEARS, after vp he was running off the Field And jay cousins like flagged him down and, HE'S, Like Dj, kirk cousins nice to. Meet you, HE'S like i think we both grew Up. In michigan it's just like a. Funny opener, h oh. They're, Guys yeah and then they just they talked for a, little bit so that was kind. Of cool so that. Was cool so then Back to judge and, you know wondering because You, Know judge judge Takes the captain stuff seriously that there's been TIMES when i don't think he's been in love with some of the stuff we've said About, the yankees whether it was fair. OR not i think there's been times he. Has That so judge is bopping around doing the, whole thing and we're, not, big like we're not gonna Get in judge's way and, be, Like, hey judge. We're Here so judge kind of. Calls it he takes his VP's heading back down into the stairwell With the yankees' main, security guy not the biggest fan. Of us that's part of. His job. Joe's McFly you gotta give credit where. Credits due joe's moved over kind of Towards the yankee tunnel Area that judge had. Headed in from, his words, He says judge, looks Up sees joe's and, is, like, oh shit you guys are here comes out. DAPs up joe's important detail in. A second talked about it In The Weekly Dumb. Coming up It. Is jimmy jimmy forced the, move here but it's funny and it's the key and. Peel skit joe's gets the full. Dap up jimmy was already hand out for the Handshake because jimmy's given into being a true old and, that's fine maybe. Right, that yeah it was handshakes for, everyone else but. NICE handshakes i. Killed it if you haven't seen the, clip yet just like everything you'd want from, a, handshake relaxed, lay, kick, FIRM confident I give judge a little. Shoulder pat all of it's like kind, of aggressive not aggressive from, my End but i'm normally not gonna do well in. This situation it's a quick high in. TIGHT interaction i. Crushed it very happy. WITH that I. Think judge judge made a joke about what do? You say said something about us not, sticking OUT or i made a joke about.
Speaker 3: You know you were you were like kind of in the back of the of. The, group yeah what are.
Speaker 2: You doing hiding?
Speaker 1: BACK there I think i made. A joke, YOU know i don't want People thinking i'm. A player i. Don't know that didn't sound great, in hindsight but it was really good Interaction. With, JOE yeah I see jimmy with the. Handshake there look at that left knee just kick at the last second like. A racehorse and my shoulders looked pretty. Good anyways so that was sick to finally to get the judge interaction and to honestly just know he doesn't like. Hate Us like jimmy's had a couple weird ones where coaches didn't like his breakdowns because they thought he was giving away like. Team secrets he actually had a really funny Engagement With luis rojas that landed in a good spot about some of. That stuff it was it was nice to kind of get that verification and have the big fellow give you. A smile jimmy's dad compared it to shaking Hands With, babe Ruth And babe ruth knows who. You are so that's a, LITTLE lame i, admit that but it's also it was really cool and it kind of set us, up.
Speaker 2: Like, all right this.
Speaker 1: Was good this was we weren't sure we were gonna get that that. WAS big i think we had a good Yuck with boonie that. Day, too yeah we we got to boom both both these.
Speaker 2: For sure.
Speaker 1: So then that, game's happening it's. Spring training jimmy gets the Text From, brian Cashman and jimmy Go to, cash's office uh for like forty five minutes.
Speaker 3: An hour there were a few times during there because like it's set from them what we could tell he was like he's just invited up to, say hey so we we a few times like do they get like trapped on the concourse SOMEWHERE and i have to like talk to, people like.
Speaker 2: You know, get right we get Got into.
Speaker 1: Yankee trap.
Speaker 2: We, were like this is like a. Long come We were.
Speaker 1: Cashman forty five minutes, an hour just like, talking ball talking to the off season and what do? You like WHAT am? I missing what's this? About? Life kids liberty. The pursuit. Very cool important man that's Been running yankees for, a while likes what. We do literally opened up his door. For us really. APPRECIATE that i thought about making a push, for potentially, you know laying some groundwork for myself getting involved in. Some transactions that's next convo that's. NEXT convo i like, this GIG but i think GM's kind of the dream job at. THIS point i. Don't know there's a lot. Of responsibilities it's fun if, you're, good right if you're doing a. Good JOB if i was Running, the, yankees well that'd be a. Sick job Run the, yankees poorly that'd be an. Ass.
Speaker 3: Job obviously we also talk about it differently as like hyper critical Of, the yankees as is, the gig, but like compared to a lot, of teams think you should get a comparatively. Unlimited, budget, YEAH helps.
Speaker 1: I think i'd rather run like a mid. Team. FIRST anyway i don't know if that's not. THE reps i don't know if that's going to become an issue, for me but that was. Pretty sick we're all looking at. Each other spring training, Is rolling let's get out of here the days. A win we're also filming a big. GOLF match i believe that's coming Out On talking yanks Me. VERSUS joe's i. DON'T know i DON'T think i can lay out all the, details yet BUT it's.
Speaker 3: I think, you'll get, you know sneak peak of a sneak peek come out sometime this week that you'll get some.
Speaker 2: Some stuff and.
Speaker 1: Then if you're still listening and you've enjoyed this part of, the program just talking about everything, we did you're gonna really like the. Golf VIDEO and i think even if, you don't you're gonna really like the. Golf video it's entertainment that we had some. Fun there waterbirds, Start flowing get. That done sun's. Coming down great timing back To, The airbnb jimmy goes in full edit mode for the golf stuff because he needs to, see it, and understandably so what are? We doing are we putting something? On again it's A bad. Tv setup we're basically gonna. Watch YouTube that's where. We're at. Put on you can look this up a nineteen Ninety interview mike And The mad Dog With george steinberner in our. No commercials kind of an. Unreal watch probably gonna become a guilty pleasure of mine every hour. Or so the way they grill the boss. Is Unreal the boss's answers, are unmatched.
Speaker 2: Like obviously a different time and.
Speaker 1: Statistically and, content wise the boss is he's dropping spring. Training stats it's the end of. The year the whole thing was. Very entertainment we Also Watch Old world, series highlights so this was Some real yankees baiting. Going on we were Having a. Yankee night the, Final thing i'll tell YOU because i gotta wrap up the. Next morning ME and bbd are the only two Going, to LaGuardia and it's earlier than. Everyone else we have a seven am, flight again they have a nine. AM flight i wake up, four thirty about Four forty i'm ready to get in, the shower, you know got my, stuff GATHERED and i go out and the. Shower's running, i'm. Like okay in, My head i'm not. Even thinking, i'm, Like oh BBD's probably. In. There whatever i'll give it another, five minutes like it's morning travel. Day mode give it like. EIGHT minutes i want, to say four to. Forty, eight now shower's, still Going and i'm kind, of, like damn like we gotta get out.
Speaker 2: Of here early, morning shower this is. Pretty long we. Gotta go we.
Speaker 1: Gotta GO so i give it another like, five minutes like four. Fifty three shower's, still ROLLING and i LOOK and I see Bbd and, i'm, like wait. Time out we're. Traveling together nobody else needs to, be UP so i give a couple fake knocks because you don't want to hammer on the door at four it's still the time starts with a, four Am so i'm not hammering. The door let me. In there AND then I. Remember beeb's BBD's room had, a shower so, It's, like beebess you got. A, Shower yeah i'm gonna go, use that. OKAY shower i had put it together that It was joe's in the shower at, this Point and i'm, just like this. Is unreal his flight is in another like. Three hours this is clearly our. Bathroom Time so i'm like a little Hot, At JOSE like i send. A text i Was. LIKE joe's i put in the group Chats like joe's you can't. Be SERIOUS so i take a Shower and i'm high and tight with, it quick gotta get an uber like, gotta go don't want to be in. Late mode gotta check. A, bag beebes you don't know this. Part yet it's a great it's pot Ten WITH so i leave. The shower it was an upstairs shower and as You left, BBD's room across the Hall was, joe's McFly SO as i turned. The corner joe's McFly is in bed with the, shirt on his glasses on because it's early. Morning times he has the bed sheets pulled up to his chest like he's a kid getting in bed For like christmas, or something and he has the most scared look on, his face just a didn't mean to get in your way in. The morning AND instantly i lost any anger or any other feelings. Towards him he had won.
Speaker 3: The war right after you went up to use. My shower he he does come out and, say like here. Was, somebody well he doesn't. See me i'm just.
Speaker 2: WAITING there i kind of have everything ready, to go.
Speaker 1: And he's, he's like.
Speaker 3: Somebody knocked he's like trying to like pokes his head into your room to see if it.
Speaker 2: Was you and then he comes out, and, sees, like yo. Somebody knocking noted.
Speaker 1: That, Bathroom anyways it's a. Great trip sorry For the yankees baiting at. The end thank you guys. Very much we'll be back tearing it Up. On Wednesday Thanks.
Speaker 3: Uncle dan we can take his production Of Dam, Patrick Productions John boy Media And workhouse media