Speaker 1: Welcome in everybody to Fantasy Pros MLB. This is the Fantasy Baseball Podcast. It is me, Joey p Joe piz Appia with me is my boy the Welsh, and today we're gonna talk about ten undervalued pitchers. I went back to last year's list to see how we did. I would say pretty good. Here are the names on last year's list that were undervalued that we thought you should be drafting. Blake Snell, he was pretty good. Welsh, I would say he was all right. Joe Ryan Uri Perez was a tease. We didn't quite get all that help. I know we were there, we were there, it just didn't work out. Kyle Bradish didn't work out for him, but it did work out for Cole Reagan's, Carlos Rodon Bailey, Ober, some of those names. So we're gonna try to hit on some names for twenty twenty five. Don't forget to subscribe to Fantasy Pros MLB. Of course, ring the bell to lekos Dang for notification. So you are with us all draft season for the Mox for the Pods, and then leading off coming at you in just a few weeks in unbelievable time, to be alive and excited, and while you're hanging out watching the podcast, listening to the podcast wherever you get your pods, you can subscribe there to the audio feed too. Of course, you should be doing some mock drafts and you should be using draft Wizard. Download the MLB Draft Wizard app today. It is the ultimate sheet code for you to get in there start crafting your rosters for twenty twenty five. Use the pick predictor use all of the tools that are there for you, the cheat sheets and more where you can go ahead, take the rankings, take the insights, and get the best teams you possibly can with the draft simulator on draft Wizard. And of course when you sink your leagues, you can use draft Wizard right in your real draft. I use it for all the NFL drafts I did last year. It was incredible. I'm using it for MLB again this year. It's the way to go, and again it's how you're going to dominate and embarrass all your friends and relatives and beat them into submission. Because that's why we play fantasy sports. It's not about the love of the game. It's about embarrassing our friends and loved ones. So if you want to do that, Draft Wizard is the tool for you again. Download the app right now or go to Fantasy Broos dot com slash MLB Draft Wizard. All right, Welsh, first name on the list. We're gonna kick it off. These guys all currently, I want to emphasize currently, as of early February recording this, they're going outside the top one hundred. I want to start with a guy that I've taken in some mock drafts, and you've already taken in a mock draft just yesterday. Grayson Rodriguez, all the Baltimore Orioles. I feel like, again, this is a player we are just getting the teas as of right, we've seen what the upside look like and it's electric. Now they let Corbyn Burns walk, and if you're gonna let Corbyn Burns walk, you better be rest assured that they think that Grayson Rodriguez is ready to take that next step to truly be the ACE. So I know, the end of the year didn't work out the way the Orioles quite wanted. They fell short there for a World Series run, but still an incredibly young team and Grayson Rodriguez still has the upside to be a fantasy ace, and you're getting him outside of the top one hundred, Welsh, I don't see how that's not undervalued at this point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I do think he floats in this undervalued and I'm not sure he's like the most screaming of all time. But because one of the things that you're doing is you are being like, all right, does he take that next big step? And I'm not sure that there's like a gajillion things that stand out to be like, oh my gosh, guys, he's going to do bop bop. But I will say that, like outside the top one hundred, he's a guy that could easily flow seventy five picks or twenty five picks higher into around the seventy five ish range. Like if someone told me right now he could be a top twenty sp this season, I really wouldn't be too shocked.
Speaker 3: There's great team support that's there.
Speaker 2: Fastball is complimented with two really great pitches, the change up and slider both had a twenty seven or higher percent K percentage. So those are two big strikeout pitches with a fastball that did come down year over year average ninety seven in twenty twenty three. It was ninety six this past year, but it's still a great pitch. I had a twenty seven percent with rate, so you've got this great repertoire with a profile. As far as again hitters that he was able to lower the zone contact rate that he was giving up. He lowered the hard hit while increasing his strikeout rate this past year. A little caveat would be that they are making the right field wall a little bit more hitter friendly where the I'm sorry, yeah, left field wall where the right field wall is a little bit more pitcher friendly. So they're taking out some of that pitcher friendly environment.
Speaker 3: But home runs are not, like.
Speaker 2: Really a huge crazy issue. He was a little bit better in the second half. He had a three eight six ERA with an expected three seven to two. If we get down to around three five watch out projections. Looking at the bat system, he's the thirty sixth war pitcher projected for a ten and eight record, one hundred and fifty innings, around a nine and a half k per nine in a two point seven walk per nine. I think there is some room for growth there. I think top thirty makes a decent amount of sense, and outside the top one hundred. If you're looking for actual, true young pitchers today take that next big step. He is one of those guys, So like, I buy the under value.
Speaker 3: I think he's the biggest screen.
Speaker 2: Of this list, but he's also the highest, so it's like, probably not gonna feel that way as well. Grayson definitely has an undervalued tag attached to his name when guys like Bailey Obert and stuff are going higher.
Speaker 1: Look, I do all the picture write ups for the Fantasy Baseball Black Book, now available on Amazon, and Grayson Orriguez for me, is one of my favorite guys because I'm somebody that likes to go offense early, and you've seen that in the mock drafts that I do here on the program, right, And when I'm looking for my tandem starting pitchers, right, I'm looking for guys, Okay, I'm gonna look it around. Like I like Ivan Aga, I like Framber Valdez, I like you know, guys like Aaron Nola who are just very steady every single year, right, Guys that I feel like I can count on. And then I want to get somebody that's got a little bit of something extra, and I feel like Grayson Rodriguez. One of these guys got a little bit of something extra where there's upside. He could be a fantasy A. So to me, you know, if you if you're starting a rotation there with one of those steady one a's and you back it up with a guy like Graci and Rodriguez, that's the recipe where you could really have something special and then a great offense on top of it. Next guy on our list, Justin Steele, friend of the show. You know he was in my must haves a couple of years ago. I've always been ahead of the curve. I feel like on Justin Steele, he's going at one twenty one overall the consensus ADP rankings over a fantasy pros. I'm in on the Cubs this year. I think they smell blood in the water in this division. Right say Lewis has taking a massive step back. I think you look at Milwaukee losing Devin Williams, losing william Doms' there's opportunity here for Chicago to step into this void. They acquired Justin excuse me, they acquired Kyle Tucker and now they have an opportunity with Justin Steel and showed at Imanaga and this pitching staff. They signed Matthew Boyd to really kind of push in a little bit and say, hey, we're gonna go all in for twenty twenty five. And if Steele can just get out there and make the thirty starts, I think he's a tremendous value. I think one of the more underappreciated starters the last couple of years went healthy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's funny too, because everybody knows that pays attention to our little world. I met Justin and hung out with him before the season last year, and one of the things that stood out outside of his love for Fantasy pros was him just talking up ivan Aga like he was on that. He was talking up Amanaga big time. But the thing is, you know, not enough people are talking about Justin because, like the profile on what he's been doing, he's not the biggest craziest strikeout pitcher in the world, but he had you know, twenty four percent K percentage, still maintained a relatively low walk rate. But the really big positives have been his maintenance of being able to create just bad contact against two twelve batting average expected batting average against under four percent or under four point two percent barrel rate, which was under what it was last year. Three point zero seven ERA, a two point seven four expected ERA, which is fantastic. He's got more run support this year and a crazy thing too. If you go and look, he was phenomenal in the first half last year. Looking at your splits, I think it was two seven to one. He raised a run in the second half of three point seven and two in less innings. But four of six months pitch last year he had a sub three ERA. There were only two months that kind of inflated. So you know, Justin's got He's got a good strikeout repertoire. He's gonna get low batting averages. He maintains his ra there's more run support. He goes outside the top one hundred and he kind of falls out of like the sexy, big strikeout pitchers that people are going for. I really want to see the health this year, and I want to get back to those big innings because I think there's an extra value on pitchers that are gonna get I've said this forore. One point eighty is the new two hundred or two twenty as far as innings pitched. There's just not enough guys that are doing that. If Justin could stay healthy and you get one seventy five out of him, he is going to beat this value. Definitely an underrated pitcher, maybe because he just doesn't he's not flashy is a good word to say for it.
Speaker 1: Well, when he got one seventy three out of him, just all the way back in twenty twenty three, he was an All Star. He finished fifth in the Cy Young voting and he had one hundred and seventy six strikeouts just thirty six walks. I mean that is an incredible strikeout to walk ratio. That's a guy who's going to dominate in the Hey, look the FIP every year three twenty three, h two, three twenty three. He's not a fluke. You know, you look at these eras in the low threes. That's Justin Steel and does not get enough credit. Jack Flaherty coming in next at one thirty eight, back in Detroit, somebody last year very controversial. I mean every show when is Welsh gonna talk about Jack Flaherty's regression And look, you know, Jack Flaherty turned in a really good season and now he went back to Detroit, which I gotta tell you if you had concerns about him, I think maybe this would be something that would be more positive. Right if you landed back in a new spot, maybe you feel differently about Jack flaherty. But because he went back to where all that success was basically regenerated for him with Detroit and whoever those voices were inside inside his head, very Randy Orton esque, whatever you want to call it, I think that that's probably a big positive for twenty twenty five. Does that assuage any fears of a twenty twenty five Jack flaherty disappointment for you, Welsh, No, I.
Speaker 3: Mean I love him going back there.
Speaker 2: If anything, Yeah, like playoff innings like we saw what happened with Zach Allen when you stacked up all those innings that maybe you know, body wasn't ready for. He had one hundred and forty four the year prior this past year he put up one hundred and sixty two, and then you had, you know, through the World Series, So that could be something to monitor. But as a Detroit Tiger, he had a three to one three era and ninety five innings. Dude posted almost two hundred strikeouts and one hundred and sixty four innings last year he was sick three point one seven ERA expected was just like a tiny bit higher, but I'm very excited about him being in this spot. He posted thirty six percent WFT rates on his two second most used pitches, thirty six percent with rate on his slider, forty three percent on his knuckle curve while putting up you know, a decent fastball fastball by the way, the twenty eight point seven percent K percentage, which like that's high for a fastball. He's getting big strikeouts. He's in a spot where he you know, lifted by Tarik Skooble, a solid young offense in there. We've seen him kind of just step up in his game to be a dominant strikeout pitcher that has lower ERA numbers, which that's what gets me excited. And the biggest one here were his role. Here were his four rolling walk percentages from twenty twenty to twenty twenty three nine point four percent, eight point one percent, three thirteen point two percent, and ten point two This past year five point two he became a high strikeout low walk that equates to around almost twenty five K minus walk percentage, which is like elite you give me that again. You give me one hundred and seventy innings on Flarity. Flarity is a deal, by the way, so the undervalue tag to this one thirty eight on the consensus ranks. He just still hasn't quite moved up. People haven't caught up to him. I love Flarity. Flarity is projected on the bat to have a ten point five to nine k per nine, which is crazy for a starting pitcher and a sub four era.
Speaker 3: I think Jack Flaherty is a smash.
Speaker 2: Pick for your like sp You can get him SP four in.
Speaker 3: A lot of instances. I really really love flair. This is one.
Speaker 2: I mean I did put him on here, so that's why it was one of my favorites.
Speaker 1: But I love Flarity as there was a time where you were not believing in Jack Flary.
Speaker 3: Well stuff like that. Yeah, I get it.
Speaker 1: I mean, look, if you go back to the year before, it was was ugly. You know, it's been ugly for a while with Jack Flaherty. But good to see him back on track. Smart move by the Tigers too, especially if you think Schooble is going to be out of your range sooner than later. Next guy on our list at one thirty nine overall the adp Ryan Wo of the Seattle Mariners. Now, Wo a guy that you know, I think people forget that as a minor league pitcher. We're talking about an elite level Caper nine guy. We're talking about like in the twelves. This is a dude, and there is a situation where if he's healthy and he is consistent, he is going to fit right in. If not, maybe even like start to join the conversation of some of these other guys at the top of that rotation out do I think he's as good as Logan Gilbert. No, but could he be Bryce Miller Ish? I think he ken like I think he's I think he is right on that precipice. If he can take some of that strikeout rate back in twenty twenty five and get that number back up, that's the key for him for that fantasy level we're looking at. But this is a very good young pitcher regardless, and I think somebody people should be very excited about. He's just twenty five years old. There's a lot more here. Good size six two two o five like, he's got a good frame. He's got what you're looking for in terms of all those other factors, and I think last year was sort of the coming out party, and now I think a tremendous value where you're looking to build out your rotation. What do you think of WU win twenty.
Speaker 2: Five, I like you said that's it was the coming out party. He's had such crazy trajectory. I was at his like, I think it was this pro debut in rookie ball where he just flew through the season, then went to the AFL, and then like halfway through the next year he's in the majors.
Speaker 3: It's crazy.
Speaker 2: And then last year he puts up one hundred and twenty one innings with a two point eight nine ERA totally built like a Seattle Mariners pitcher. It's low walks like the lowest two point eight walk per nine is bonkers. With a subra sub three ERA and an expected sub three ERA. He generates weak contact across the board. His problem is he just doesn't have a big strikeout thing going on twenty one percent k percentage.
Speaker 3: He uses a.
Speaker 2: Whole bunch of pitches. None of them are big whiff It's George Kirby like. And the thing is funny is he doesn't like tinker because I talked to him in spring. I've said this a million times, you know, talk to him in spraying. He's like, I'm not adding a split finger. He's just like he's his guy. It's low walk, it's low contact against. If you generate that over let's say one hundred and fifty innings this year, there's immense value in it. And what I really like about him is sometimes I get when you go into like high strikeout pitchers, sometimes they have higher walk rates. You could all of a sudden have some inflated whip. Brian Wu's got the support of one of the best the best pitcher environment in Seattle doesn't have enough run support right now.
Speaker 3: But he's also low walk.
Speaker 2: He's gonna help your whip. I think he's got the chance to go deeper into games. And if he finds home between his pitches. He threw his sinker and four seam a combined over seventy percent usage, and then it's like nine percent slider, change up, sweeper. My point is if he finds a home for one of those pitches to be a strikeout pitch and he increases his k percentage. Now we're talking about him being not just like Walmart or Walgreens, George Kirby, but he might just be George Kirby light and he could really move up. But I think there's a really nice baseline with Brian Wu. He definitely is under He's a lot of target. He's a target for a lot of people. But he's right around the one fifty range. He is undervalued for what he does to a team, and he's he's a target. He definitely target.
Speaker 1: If he's your number four starter in your rotation for fantasy, how do you feel about that?
Speaker 2: I think it's I love that if you paired it with some high strikeout guys. So let's say you got Garrett Crochet, Blake Snell, and then you waited and you got Flaherty. There's a little bit of maybe walk concerned with a guy like Blake Snell. There's huge strikeouts in there. Brian Wu would be a huge complimentary.
Speaker 1: Piece to that. Yeah, yeah, good point. Next guy in our list also a strikeout and one fifty you say, Kakuchi, who look, man? You know we got to give some credit here to this guy. Going back twenty twenty two with Toronto eleven k per nine twenty twenty three, nine point seven two k per nine last year with two teams ten point five to five. The strikeouts are there now. Wins might be hard to come by for the Angels in twenty twenty five. But this was an intriguing signing to me in the offseason because I was really curious where he was going to land, mainly because when I was doing the Black Book right up on him, the ERA was at four h five, but the XCRA was three seventy, the FIP was three forty six, the x FIP was three twenty like all these other indicators like Mankakuchi was really much better than the ERA even told you. And you're getting big time strikeouts and you're getting big time value. This is a player going right on the precipice of one to fifty overall. And to me, you could do a lot worse. Again, Yeah, chasing wins with him, no, But are you chasing strikeouts and trying to beef up towards the end late? I think the answer is yes. Thirty three years old and a guy that I think is you know, now established in the major leagues year and one of these tough lefties, and sometimes those lefties take a little bit longer to figure things out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the thing I really love is I think he is one of we talked about like stats you can get later or you can't get later. It is hard in the hitter terms. It's hard to like pick up average later. People used to be like, oh, you know, you couldn't get stolen bases, so that's why you went high.
Speaker 3: You now can.
Speaker 2: Someone could argue it's hard to get like elite power late in drafts when you go over to the pitching side. I would argue to get like really good K potential you have to like later in drafts, you're usually betting on like prospects or rookies or someone to move, you know, into a rotation spot that's not projected. Kakuchi is not those things. Kakuchi's a guy that has solidified role inside of a rotation. He has one hundred and sixty seven innings over two straight years, and he's got an interesting profile that he just had a career high K percentage with a career low walk percentage, so it's like the case went up and the walks actually went down. He's got some worriesome like gives up some hard hit stuff. He registered, you know, MAXIV of one nineteen nine percent barrel is very very concerning. But all four pitches he throws twenty five percent or higher K percentage. Every pitch he throws is a potential strikeout pitch with a walk rate that is declining. The era tells us something as well. I think Kokuchi is just a really good piece to add to your rotations. You're starting rotations and fantasy, especially if you're maybe a tiny bit devoid of some strikeouts. You've got some mid line guys you're like, hey, I got Logan web over here. I took Brian wu. Let Kokuchi boost up those strikeouts a little bit.
Speaker 1: All right, these guys you should be adding to your cheat sheets. And remember the chee Cheet Creator is available for you right now. Enhance your fantasy baseball strategy. With the chie Cheet Creator. You can seamlessly integrate and merge all the rankings from all the different experts. Can take Welsh myself, whoever you think is really good at doing these rankings. Here, make Mike may Or maybe I guess we could throw him in there. He's pretty good. Begrudgingly, I'll give it to Mayor. Organized players into tears, add personal notes you could streamline all of that process for you and automatically update the cheat sheet with the latest expert consensus rankings to reflect the most current information. So you go into your draft you are ready to kick ass and take names. Use the cheat sheet creator at fantasybros dot com slash cheat sheet, or again, just download draft Wizard app and use the cheat sheeet creator on there too. Next guy on our list coming in at one sixty seven overall consensus. ADP whould have thought that the Mets would start to become the organization to turn around reclamation project pitchers. They did it with Semarino last year, and they also did it with Sean Menaya, who moved to the extreme left side of the rubber and all of a sudden became Chris Sale. I mean, I don't know what happened there, but it was dude. The guy was tremendous. Heap in the second half, had a four to one strikeout to walk Ratio. I have seen shohel Tani take very few uncomfortable at bats in the playoffs. He looked all kinds of befuddled against seaw Manaya. It was it was fun to watch as a Mets fan. It was very entertaining. I saw shoe A Tony take one of the worst wings I've ever seen him take against Shawl Manya, where he basically struck out and went, Okay, I'm gonna go sit down. He could not pick up the baseball. It was incredibly difficult. Now the big question is the ADP is here for a reason because people are saying, okay, Ken, you do it again. To be honest with you, Welsh at this stage in the ADP, at one sixty seven, I'm taking that risk there. I absolutely think he can. This Mets team is going to be good defensively, They're going to be good offensively. And I think at the same time, you're looking at Shan Manya being in a very comfortable situation where he's confident. Sure, the playoff innings, all the extra stuff, that's fine. But Manaia another guy that feels like he's just been around forever. He has bounced around everywhere, and that typically means it's a guy with talent. You're just waiting for somebody to crack the code, and it feels like last year it got cracked.
Speaker 2: That's an interesting way to say it, that the code was cracked. Part of that was because of a pitchment mix change, and that's usually what it is. Some of these guys just you know, refining to find that.
Speaker 1: Performenta move to the other side of the rock, like all these little things. And of course, as you're saying, the pitch mix too, the combination of those three things. He wasn't good. He was elite.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, arm angles really interesting on that you can see on Baseball Savant. They had these arm angled charts. In twenty three, he had like a twenty eight degree launch angle, which was the second highest highest of his career. He dropped it down to the lowest of his career to twenty two.
Speaker 3: That's dramatic.
Speaker 2: I know that doesn't mean like a whole bunch of everybody, but like he dropped dramatically his arm even more kind of a you know, coming from a side plane than he had ever done before.
Speaker 3: He did that.
Speaker 2: While changing his pitch mix from going primary four seam fastball and change up the year prior, which accounted for over seventy percent of pitches thrown, to going primary sinker and then sweeper. He threw the sweeper almost twenty percent of the time. That thing had a forty one percent k percentage. It was devastating. So you know you're inducing just like lower quality contact with a sinker, and you're setting that up with this big sweeping sweeper that had crazy strikeout percentages. And then you know he's still able to mix in. You've got that change up. He threw eleven percent of the time the four team still kind of keeping guys honest, and that change up sweeper combination, that was the fix. He just the arm angle equated to the and he lowered the velocity by the way of the sweeper. It just became his big devastating pitch. It's the pitch du joor or two years ago as a sweeper. This past year it was a splitter, but it's worked for him. He found the combination. I do think he is undervalued. He's not exactly my biggest target on the planet. But you know what, he's going to get innings with an offense of Soto and Lindor leading the way. He had an an expected era that's supported. It was still under four and he's got a big, massive strikeout pitch. It's kind of hard to argue. The other thing I really liked he was first to second half almost the same pitcher around a three point four era on both sides, so he was consistent throughout the year. So I think this pitch mix really works for him. It's enabling him to be a higher strikeout guy twenty essentially twenty five percent. I just love for him to walk a little bit less. But he's making it work and you're getting into free range. It's kind of hard, Like I know, people are like always arguing about everything anybody does, like.
Speaker 3: This is you do. This guy's undervalued, but.
Speaker 2: It's like outside the one fifty, Like I really don't know how anybody makes arguments that these guys aren't value.
Speaker 1: He was my number four than than Brian Wu in my rotation.
Speaker 2: If you're gonna unless you think they're gonna can blow up and completely regress, Like I don't see.
Speaker 1: The innings total is a big one Welsh, right. The innings total is the thing where you look at and you go, oh, innings one eighty something and then on you know that's a high and then long the jump from year to year, yeah, the jump too. But he is an older picture. He's not a slight guy. Like I just I feel like it's I feel like it's sustainable, and I feel like mentally too, to come back where he had so much success, kind of like Flawerty that conversation when somebody gets you on track, the confidence, when you take them out, it just oozes and and that's why he like, I have a morbid Frankie Mantas curiosity based on Severino in Manaya, because it's not like Montos at times when he was healthy, wasn't a good picture in the major leagues. When he was with the athletics, he was a good picture for a while there, and then injuries obviously derailed that, but we'll see again. I want to emphasize the word morbid curiosity. Brandon fought at one eighty. Friend of this channel too. We've been very into Brandon fought for a long time, and I think it's just completely unfair. I think this ADP is absurd. A guy who's gonna get you, you know, k per nine nine, k per nine in that range, right, he's gonna give you a strikeout in inning he had a four to seven one ERA, but that's not the story. His XCRA was a full run lower. His fit was three sixty one is x fit is three fifty eight. If you tack on let's say a three six one ERA to Brandon Fott, there's no way he's at this ADP. I think this is just lazy fantasy and lazy drafting. And Brandon Fott is a guy that I'm gonna have a lot of shares of. Oh wait oh when he's on an offense scores a crap ton of runs. Yeah, yeah, I'm gonna take Brandon fought well.
Speaker 2: I think the biggest negative though, is your people are looking at how the season ended and it kind of fell apart. He had a three nine seven ERA in the first half, but Joe five point nine to three in the second half. That was a two run jump. His final two months of the season he had a six and a seven ERA, and people are just losing their minds about it.
Speaker 3: The argument I.
Speaker 2: Would have is, like career high, he went from ninety six innings to one hundred and eighty one this past year. The expected array is a full run higher. I also think from just like a pitch standpoint, he's he's actually kind of like Manaiya. It's like you've got this like fastball sinker situation that is put with one of the best sweepers in baseball. It's an elitd sweeper. It's an elite strikeout pitch. It generated a thirty five percent k percentage. His problem is been Homer's and he can't get out like he has like a one point five whip against lefties and a sub one whip against righty. So, you know, I would assume that might be maybe a pitching coat. That's why Brett Stawm was fired also, as they you know, they moved him on the rubber a little bit, but maybe it's just a little bit more of a change up to, you know, be a little bit more baddly against left handed hitters. But you know he's working on that fastball becoming a little bit better. But again it is the best, one of the best sweepers in all of baseball. Expected numbers are on his side. Year over year, he did lower quality of contact against hard hit percentage went down under forty percent. Barrel went from eleven the year prior down to eight. He's a young pitcher that's making moves. He was phenomenal in the first half. I think the strikeout potential could pop up. He was around twenty four percent and by the way, even in his struggles with the fastball and the Homers five percent walk grate. That's great, you're almost a twenty percent K minus walk percentage guy. I clearly I'm a stupid Homer. With Brandon Fott, I've watched him for years and the miners, I think this guy can be an elite pitcher. And we have seen some massive adjustments he has made since he's been up in the majors, and people are kind of crying about, Oh, it's gonna be this. It's like, no, man, the sweeper's gotten better. He's throwing more than two pitches. They've moved him on the rubber. I think you're going to see another big jump. Expected stats are kind of telling that story. And if the Homers drop at all, Brandon Fott is going to blow past this. And again, this is outside the one fifty seam and I and Brandon Fott are two great like sp or six or something you could throw into your fantasy rotations that have got a ton of upside.
Speaker 1: Look, he jumped from ninety six things to one hundred and eighty. I think it was just fatigue. He had never crossed a hundre manjor league getings before he's twenty five years old. I am not concerned. I am not worried.
Speaker 3: He's alwa he's sweating. If you ever watch him, he's always just read when he's swatened.
Speaker 1: He just I said, I think you can attribute it to fatigue and hitting the wall and just like trying mentally and physically to get past that. That out of the way. Now, all the other numbers are really good. I'm in on Brandon Fopp. You can't get me off the Brandon Fop. I don't care what the finish was. I think it was just a hit in the wall scenario. So now I want him next guy those at one ninety one. I don't remember putting this guy in. Is this a guy that Welsh replaced here? Last?
Speaker 3: This is a Welsh replacement guy.
Speaker 1: I did not put him in, So I am not going to speak to him. Zach Efflin one ninety one, So all right own this for the people Welsh. Give him the low down on ef Flin.
Speaker 2: All right, well, if you like Brian wu, let me present Zach Eflin to you. At one ninety one, he had a three to five nine ERA and expected three six seven ERA.
Speaker 3: He had a nineteen percent k percentage. What sucks.
Speaker 2: That's not good, but he paired it with a three point five walk percentage. It's like two percent off of the strikeout rate of Brian Wu and one percent higher walk rate. It's one of the elite walks walk rates out there. Quality of contact, we need a little bit more improvement on, like Brian Wu has that, and that's why WU is costing more. But if you're looking for like a mid era guy on a we're talking about Baltimore. We started the show with Grayson Rodriguez. You've got win potential. You got a guy that's gone one sixty five at least in two straight seasons, so he can eat some innings. He's really low walk you're gonna have low whip, good era. You're just not gonna have a big stance. As far as like strikeouts go, I like, I like the repertoire. Maybe there's some strikeout potential, but again I think there's just solid run support for a guy that can eat innings and is not going to just blow up your team.
Speaker 3: So you're talking about not all.
Speaker 2: Underrated pitchers have to be these big, flashy, explosive strikeout guys. We love that, but sometimes we also need to mark this is a guy that's not gonna hurt my whip.
Speaker 3: He's gonna eat innings. He's got win.
Speaker 2: Potential with his team, and that is a value. And at almost two hundred, Zach Efflin's a value. So that's why we had to throw him in here. He can be a little bit boring, but a three five VRA guy going around two hundred on Baltimore that's gonna get probably projected around one hundred and eighty innings, that's undervalued.
Speaker 1: All right. You know who's not boring going outside the top two hundred, A six foot six tall drink of water in Cincinnati, who throws hard, he's left handed. It's Nicoladolo on buying back in. He wasn't good in the minor leagues. He was dominant in the minor leagues. Okay, five minor league seasons, roughly ninety six innings pitched over them. So again the smaller sample size, but we're talking about domination here. We're talking about a two seventy era. We're talking about a strikeout rate of thirteen point nine, a walk rate of two walks per nine. Like, this is a guy that you know, I understand health has been troubling. I understand the eras have been high. I understand, you know, all the things that have gone wrong with Nick Lodolo, But you could also look at the director of Hunter Green and say, okay, well, last year Hunter Green really started to put it together. And Lodolo and Green are two very special arm talents. If they can learn about pitching right at the major league level, this is a guy that could really take off in twenty twenty five. And I'm looking at Lodolo as one of these guys I'm drafting as a bench pitcher that has the ability to basically end up being like a number three fantasy starter if things break right, and if they don't, it doesn't cost me a lot to find out. I think to have that sort of upside make some very undervalued outside of top two hundred. And I like this Reds team in twenty five.
Speaker 2: Okay, so this is an interesting one where I had Efflund. I almost took this off and I was gonna place with Chris Sanchez. Really love the value of Chris Sanchez, even though it's coming up with the strikeout potentially, I like him too, But I left this also to get your take on it. And to say that, like I have had obsessions with Nick Lodolo for years. I've did a couple of years ago doing the you know, every other week. It was like, hey, listen, you want to trade for somebody got a trade for Lodolo. It's the injuries that keep me off. The guy hasn't gone over one hundred and fifteen innings over the last three years.
Speaker 3: But if he does stay healthy.
Speaker 2: Back to your point, he had expected era that was a full run lower this past year than his actual era. He has got one of the nastiest curve balls. It's ridiculous. It just the top to bottom drop. It's a huge strikeout pitch that he sets up with a fastball, which, by the way, a fastball that was better year over year was a full mile per hour faster, went from ninety three point two up to ninety four point one. And he's got a change up in there that had a twenty five percent with rate. I think that changeup needs to get a little bit better and then he's going to be able to establish himself as like more of a threat because the walks are still a little bit high, and I think he's a guy that should run higher. K percentage. He had twenty eight percent two years ago. It was down to twenty four percent this past year. If he can stay healthy, I do think he has the makings of being kind of like a Maybe the designation would be more sleeper, but I will I'll give you this from the underrated standpoint.
Speaker 3: Is what you said. If he breaks right.
Speaker 2: Things could be big and he is undervalued. And if he doesn't, we're now in arrange for this picture. In the next one outside the top two hundred, you can get into a streaming battle and you can just start streaming pictures if it doesn't work out. So where this isn't necessarily my big pick. I do buy exactly what you're selling. I think I just have like serious worries about the injury. This dude cannot stay healthy. I don't know what it's going to take. I'm not sure the Reds have this big, great track record of pitchure health. I mean, I guess Hunter Green has turned it around, but Lodolo hasn't been able to stay out. So it's kind of a proved me type of thing.
Speaker 1: To your point, Sanchez A safer why I agree one hundred percent? Just looking for safety. Sanchez A. Safer. I also think just as an asset, Lodolo is fascinating because if he looks really good coming out of spring right and he's blowing guys away in April and May, I think you could trade him for a boltload because of the innings issue you're talking about, then might creep up later in the season. So I think he's like an asset more than anything. When I'm talking about like I want to have ass I want to have talent on my roster to try and make the moves when I need to make the moves and get the best of the upside of a player. Last Bininarialist, a guy that has teased greatness before. Another left handed starter, now finds himself on the Philadelphia Phillies at two thirty three. Hazus Lozardo a guy that has been argued on this show by many an analyst for many, many years and has been around for a while. He's had some health issues, some performance issues, and then some peak. Right now he's going from Miami to Philadelphia. You can't ask for a better jump. Do you see Lizardo as a guy that you want to take a shot to buy back in on In twenty twenty five because it feels like going outside the top two hundred for a guy who not that long ago was looking like a dominant guy on the rise now is a starting pitcher that feels almost forgotten.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I think the big thing I did this show on this league of talking sleepers, and Frank Stanfele had targeted Hazus Lozardo is a sleeper of his. And I think it's really interesting because there are some guys I've just taken this token with where you look at a player, you're just like they were really bad and nothing tells the story from last year.
Speaker 3: But sometimes that's the anomaly.
Speaker 2: Boba Schett and his example of that on the offensive side, Like you look and it's just like it was so bad last year that it's like that feels more of the anomaly to than the career. And you could be wrong. Lozardo's kind of the same thing because last year only sixty six innings, tons of injuries, a five era, absolutely inflated hard contact through the roof, he lost a mile per hour over about a mile and a half per hour on his fastball. All of those things are not great, and it didn't generate any whiffs but that is more than the anomaly than anything, because the years prior three point three to two and one hundred innings three point five eight ERA tons of strikeouts. He had two hundred and eight strikeouts just a year prior to that, with lower whip numbers twenty eight percent K percentage in twenty three, twenty one this past year, lower walk rate three point five expected actual ERA the year prior. So you look at all of that and you go man health was a huge problem with him last year. He has shown bigger fastball, bigger strikes out, and now he's going to go to a much better team, much better environment. So if he's healthy and you got the run support in Philly with that strike up potential. Also pointing out I said Chris Sanchez, I think they are doing great things with their pitchers. We might be able to kind of refig oh Sanchez is working on a new fourth pitch here.
Speaker 1: They thought Wheeler to that level that we were always told Wheeler was, but as you know, when you watch a bit for the Mets, you never saw you would see him do that for a start or two, but never consistently. And Wheeler's become one of the best pitchers in baseball.
Speaker 2: But also like Ranger Suarez had, this really.
Speaker 1: Is another grade.
Speaker 3: Chris Sanna a great job.
Speaker 1: Too bad they can't get a bullpen straight to save their life over there, But you know they they certainly look a tough ballpark in terms of home runs. Sure, but you know, going to the point you're making too about taking a flyer and a guy like Lizardo who has a strikeout rate. Let's also not forget that he is just twenty seven years old. We are kind of spoiled. He's been around so long because he was such a big hyped prospect that I think there's a little Lizardo fatigue in the fantasy baseball space. Would you think that that's irrelevant?
Speaker 2: Well, I just think people are just done, like they're overright, the like fatigue.
Speaker 1: Is twenty seven? Is it time to give up on him at twenty seven?
Speaker 2: Well, and to be fair, like again, twenty twenty three wasn't that bad of a season.
Speaker 3: I think there's some fixes in there.
Speaker 2: You can see he had the highest arm angle of his career this past season when their struggles. Maybe that speaks to the injury and how he was able to throw get that arm back down a little bit that you're healthy.
Speaker 3: How about and go.
Speaker 2: And pitch with one of the best change ups in baseball and Chris Sanchez, and you can learn that this guy throws at twenty percent of the time. I think there's a lot of trajectory things that are working in favor of Lozardo and if you want to just look at more of a bigger window than just last year. Like I said, I think the track record speaks for itself that he legitimately could be a twenty eight percent k guy, lower walks better era and now he's got a better support system around him and better offense. And most importantly, he's undervalued because he's free two thirty three overall out it's almost the end of your draft. Lozarda is just a great value pick that really could hit, and that's why we targeted him as one of the undervalued pitchers.
Speaker 1: Grayson Rodriguez, Justin Steele, Jack Flaherty, Brian woo Youse, Kakucie Shuman, and Iyah Brandon Fought, Zach Eflin, Nicko Lodolo, and Hazus Lozardo. Those are the names on our list, But who's on your list? Drop your comments below Your most undervalued, underappreciated ADP pitchers in the twenty twenty five Fantasy Baseball Draft season. We love to hear from you on the YouTube channel. Drop your comments below, Subscribe to the channel and ring the bell today goes ding for notifications and download Draft Wizard and start getting your mock on. That'll do it for us, but the story of the game goes on for the whole shome. Joey P. We'll see you next time. Kids.
Speaker 4: Thanks for listening to the Fantasy Pros Fantasy Baseball podcast.
Speaker 1: If you love the show, the best freeway to support.
Speaker 4: Us is by leaving a positive review on Apple Podcasts or Spotify. Follow us on x, Instagram, and TikTok at Fantasy Pros, and subscribe to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot com slash Fantasy Pros MLB