Speaker 1: All right, Well, we'll wait for everybody to still kind of flow in, but we'll get the ball roll in here. And we do want to get to your questions as quickly as possible because I know a lot of you have some and this is about you here on Draft one on one. Welcome in to Draft one oh one, twenty twenty five. Thank you for everybody that has shown up, and a big thank you to What a Burger as well, Yes, big thank you to What a Burger? Uh, and of course Gavin Spittle Derek Eagleton for always making this possible. I am Zach Wolchuck one O five through the fan the g Bag Nation also a member of the Draft Show. We've got Nick Harris, fort Worth Star Telegram, kyleie Omens, Tommy Irrish, the one and only Voch Lombardi. Oh, there's Bobby Belpeck there. Hey, Bobby, Hi Bobby, and our draft godfather, the great Super Bowl winning scout Brian brought us. So when it comes to getting questions in, I think what the plan was is you'll come over here, you'll speak to the mic, you can just ask a question. So when we get to that point, if you have one, just raise your hand and then we can try and light up maybe two or three at a time, and then just fill in the gaps as we go. But I did want to start off. We'll just kick this around the table. But having done the draft homework, and I know all of us have spent months grinding on this thing. And I'll start with you here, Brian, because you've been doing this a long time. But what has stood out to you about this year's draft? Maybe a strength, maybe a weakness, anything specific that maybe is different from any other class.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I kind of feel like when you look at this draft, I'm surprised that the number of running backs that we have, and traditionally it's the quality of the running backs you kind of worry about a little bit over the years, and this one can go pretty deep. I think the defensive tackle area is very, very good. The corners are outstanding as well. Not as many offensive tackles. That's kind of been a little bit of some a little bit of a sticking point for me. You've got guys who are potentially tackles that could play guard and so it's been unique to try and navigate that. But I've been really excited about the running backs, the edges, the defensive tackles.
Speaker 3: I think there's a really good group of cornerbacks as well.
Speaker 2: You just have to be able to kind of find the pockets of players that particularly the type of guys that you want. Maybe you want a little bit of a taller guy, a little bit shorter guy. Maybe you want a nickel corner. Maybe you want a wide receiver that really only plays the slot. This draft, when I was stacking my board and just looking at it, overall, just seemed to have really good pockets of players, and I was excited about that as we try and navigate this thing.
Speaker 1: Votch you you're a big offensive line guy, as both of us are. I wondered in your opinion when it comes to the offensive tackles in this year's class. Last year we had a ton going to the first round. This year, where do you think the strength and weaknesses are.
Speaker 4: Well, this isn't a year where I'm, you know, rooting for us to get a tackle. But I would love to get Josh Simmons. You know, he's a guy that I would like. You know, Membo is a guy that I would like. But you know, I don't think it's a situation where oh we're in round four, where are the tackles at you know, like like, once we get past the first round, second round, okay, we can move on from there. Then we can look for linebackers. Maybe then we can look for cornerbacks. But as far as tackles, I mean, Chase London is a guy that I love from Yukon. You can look at him later if the Cowboys want to, you know, look at that, right you know, contracts coming up tern Steel, maybe you want to look at that. But for the most part, if it's not one of those first two guys, Mimbo was a visit, that's possible. I think the league is wrong about Josh Simmons. That sounds arrogant to me because I'm just a YouTube Hey, guys that do this for meellions of dollars. I love Josh Simmons, and y'all to take him in the twenties. I would take him at twelve. But I think Josh Simmons is a dude that you should take at twelve.
Speaker 5: But the Cowboys are shockaus.
Speaker 4: The Cowboys a you know, roll up one day and guys we haven't even talked about it'll be Josh Simmons, So could be Tommy.
Speaker 1: This this is your first year with the crew, and it's been awesome to have you with us. What has stood out to you as you've worked with your first year here on the Draft show? Well, thanks, Matt, it's good to be here.
Speaker 6: I think what stands out about this class, and first the first time diving into it, is for the positions of need that Dallas has coming into this draft. They've been very fortunate that that's where it's very rich. You think a defensive tackle, running back, high end wide receivers.
Speaker 1: I think they're all there for you in this draft.
Speaker 6: So now it's just a matter of Okay, how do they want to pair these picks together? And I know that's something we've talked all talked about on the show recently, is Okay, what do you do with these first three rounds? Is it corner wide receiver, defensive tackle, is it corner wide receiver.
Speaker 1: Running back? How they go about structuring this?
Speaker 6: But I think the positions that they're going to need, they're in a good spot wherever they decide to take those positions. And I think that that is something that can't go overseen because that's not going to be the case all the time.
Speaker 1: Kyle, what's the spot in this year's class that's maybe not quite as strong as what we talked about last year. Yeah, I think Brian talked about it whenever it.
Speaker 7: Comes to offensive tackles, because you've got a lot of guys that may have played tackle in college and has bumped inside and would bump inside at.
Speaker 1: The next level.
Speaker 7: So I won't go too far in on the offensive lineman side of things, But I think quarterbacks an interesting one because we've heard really all the time. I mean, this is the sixth year I've been doing this draft show, and usually it's the quarterbacks that rise to the top late, and we still haven't seen that. We've even seen guys like Shader Sanders be questioned on whether or not he would be a top.
Speaker 1: Ten pick at the end of the day.
Speaker 7: So I think the quarterback position is a wild card in this whole thing, because it's not the four or five guys at the top of the draft that are locks.
Speaker 1: To go in the top fifteen picks.
Speaker 7: Instead, you may get one or two guys that could be there, and then instead you're at twelve and there are multiple quarterbacks that are still on the board, not that Dallas would take one, but then the conversation begins. Would a team be interested in trading up and taking a quarterback at that level? So I think it's an interesting draft there. John Snyder, one of Brian brought us his former interns up there in Seattle, talked about this week though you have to have pause whenever it comes to the quarterback position. You can't necessarily write them off early in the first round because Jackson Dart and Tyler Shubb could still work their way up there. If we're not careful, the chaos could ensue with the quarterbacks.
Speaker 1: For sure. It could just becam Ward in the top ten, or maybe should or Sanders ends up going. Maybe the Saints throw a wild card out there and they do go Jackson Dart, which can then push other players down the board to the Cowboys. Nick, is there a player that maybe we haven't discussed as much at twelve that you think could maybe surprise us, like in a CD lamp plass and fall there at twelve.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's funny you say that because as I was going through Edges today, I was looking at Jalen Walker, and I'm seeing a potential of if those quarterbacks start going. If a couple of those receivers go, if you see Matthew Golden getting that top eleven, is Jalen Walker a type of talent you can't pass up on at twelve? Does it become one of those situations? And that's where it gets fascinating to me, right because obviously they added depth at that position during free agency, adding Paid Turner, adding Dante Fowler Junior. I think they're all right with Michael Parsons. That deal is gonna get done eventually.
Speaker 9: Uh it's but.
Speaker 8: If you're adding that quality of depth at that edge spot, with the player that can also play back in the box if you need him to, considering the Marvin Overshow's injury, that would be a nice luxury to have going into the season. I think that was one I looked at that could possibly slip and a guy we really haven't talked about a whole lot at all.
Speaker 9: That's a that's a possibility, So is.
Speaker 5: Edge. I'm just curious, like like, like, what do you draft him?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I draft him to play to Marvin Overshowing's role until the Marvin Overshowe is healthy. Well, then I have three and then I have three rovers on the field at all times.
Speaker 5: It's kind of a cop out answers.
Speaker 1: Not really, No, No, I mean that's choosing both. You just chose both guys an edge.
Speaker 8: Yeah, versatility, And this is the versatility conversation we're about.
Speaker 9: To have again.
Speaker 2: Nick like and I will go out each other about the versatility conversations.
Speaker 1: But you feel like both spots. Though.
Speaker 2: I was talking to NFL scouts about this, and they were worried about his size and if you play him as a true edge, is he going to get wore down? And then but there's some other guys in this trap, you know, we with Mike Green, you know from Marshall, I mean a little bit lighter guys and stuff like.
Speaker 1: That, James Pierce Junior out of Tennessee.
Speaker 2: And if NFL scouts were kind of saying, listen, I would play him as off ball and then use him as a situational path thresher to maybe initially to kind of keep him fresh going in.
Speaker 9: And then that's and that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 8: It's it's being able to be utilizing both of those roles, especially in a linebacker room that's still so young, still.
Speaker 9: So battered up. Yeah, I think it's an opportunity for you.
Speaker 3: Would you be surprised if he was there at twelve?
Speaker 8: Yeah, but I don't think I'd be as surprised as as some of the other guys I thinure.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I think there would be some.
Speaker 8: Other names that would surprise me a little bit more.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 8: I'm starting to feel like I'd be surprised if Tederro McMillan's there at twelve. But there's there's some other players I feel like that are locks in that top ten that make.
Speaker 1: A lot of sense. Surprise you there, Membo Mimbo, the offense time from Zoo Zoo.
Speaker 8: Membu's another interesting one just because of the offensive line needy teams that are there in that top eleven is okay, which one of those teams value Membo or Will Campbell or Kelvin Banks?
Speaker 9: Yeah, a little bit more, you.
Speaker 8: Know, And that's that's not something we'll find out until Draft Day. But there's going to be a wrench thrown in that top eleven. We saw it last year with Michael Pennocks getting taken at eight. There's gonna be something that moves a couple of those players down. We're gonna have a fascinating conversation at twelve. I really think we are.
Speaker 1: Bobby uh not to forget about you sitting in the back there. I love you lonely. He does look lonely. It's like, guys, I'm here, but as vachas you are are. What does the league know? Well, what's the information right? What do you think and in terms of some craziness that can maybe go in the first eleven picks before the Cowboys pick at twelve, You know.
Speaker 11: It's it's interesting because I think that everybody started to assume New Orleans is gonna go quarterback after the Derek Carr stuff. The more you're starting to hear coming out of New Orleans is that that's not a slam dunk at all. Like, I still think that New Orleans is unlikely to go quarterback, just from talking to people. But you know, the one that you you consistently heard, whether that's in the top ten or a little bit later in the draft, and it started in Indy was the idea that a team might like Jackson Dart more than should or Sanders, or a team might like Tyler Schuck more than should or Sanders, and that you could end up seeing one of those teams doing a Michael Pennock type of thing and going all right, we're just gonna go get our guy right now. But you know, I think it'll be just the everybody right now feels like they're kind of standing pat. It's a little bit of what Brian's talked about. The idea of ten through forty might be really close. And because of that, you're not gonna have teams that say, I want to spend a lot of capital to go up. You'd like to find an extra fourth round pick somewhere. You'd like to find an extra pick somewhere if you're Dallas. But who's gonna come up and trade with you? When you look at other teams that are behind you, it's a lot of teams with a third that they already have that's missing, or you know, a fourth or those teams are already kind of light on capitol, and is it worth expending any of that to go up? You'd have to probably find does Seattle want to find their next quarterback after you know Darnold, or does Pittsburgh want to come up? And are they willing to pay that price? But I think that that's kind of the big thing that stands out as just the unknown with the quarterback factor. That's the one wrench that I think could could mess things up here. When you mentioned Jalen Walker, I do think there's a shot Walker would fall to Dallas because I think Walker is just there are times where I think teams will sit there and go, I don't know what to do with him. I don't know what to do with that player. We've seen it before in the past with Yeah, honestly, it happened with you look at these hybrid type players that happened with Jabrill Peppers in the past. It happened with Shaq Thompson in the past. So I mean, I think it could absolutely happen with Jalen Walker. But again, it just takes one team to go I think he's Micah or I think he's Hassan Reddick if I play him at edge full time, and and it just it honestly just takes one.
Speaker 1: Well, and Caroline is a team that has been at least rumored to be really interested in Jalen Walker, and they came out and said they do view him as an outside linebacker. To your point there, Brian, so it will be fascinating how this ends up going in the top ten. Maybe the Rams or another team that could do something crazy. You've talked about them maybe looking at a quarterback in the future. I've also heard maybe a tight end. Could they want to go up and go get a Tyler Warren at Colston Loveland one of these players for LA and the Rams as well.
Speaker 4: See but Zach, there's no way that Millroe lands in their top twelve range though, right. I mean, we're not talking about it, but we just saw the tweets, and hey, Milroe's going to be in Green Bay and he's not going to be in Green Bay to sit around to the third and second round.
Speaker 5: So where does Jalen Milroe go? Quarterback? Mail Bem, what is that Milroe go?
Speaker 1: I think Milroe might. You might get four quarterbacks going the first and if it is, I think Milroe is the fourth. I think it would end up being Sanders and then Dart and of course campb Ward going number one overall to Tennessee and then Jalen Milroe. I mean, is that one where you see New Orleans maybe they end up taking the quarterback the Jets? Are they a wild card in this scenario as well? And then you get Pittsburgh maybe ends up saying, hey, Jalen Milroe's our guy.
Speaker 7: Come on, even like Seattle to a team at eighteen that doesn't necessarily need a guy right now, but could could end up developing one for the future of the Rams. Same kind of thing in twenty six. Matthew Stafford's not a spring chicken anymore out there in LA. They could have a guy to kind of groom behind him. So I wouldn't be shocked if milwere works into the first round. But if we're talking about him in the top eleven picks.
Speaker 1: Team when they're Tommy would take him in the top twelve.
Speaker 6: I don't know if I take him in the top twelve, but I think I think with you when you look at Milroe, I think he's got Pittsburgh Steeler written all over, just in terms of what Mike Mike Tomlin would be looking for and what he can bring to that offense. And with the receivers that they've got, you've got a deep threat in George Pickens, I mean that, then you got they got DK Metcalf two in the off season. He completely changes the game with his legs, and an offense like that with pieces around him, like that already you got a lot of promising stuff.
Speaker 1: Do you think he's ready to start right now? Not fully?
Speaker 6: Yeah, not fully a little season, George.
Speaker 1: H half half specifically, Bobby, did you have something you want to.
Speaker 11: First off, I'm not convinced Jayleen Miller was ready to start at Alabama much. That's the NFL. But yeah, I think that when you look at we all assume you'll get there's always the quarterback attacks, and somebody will come up and they'll take a quarterback. I think there is a possibility. This is twenty two where Kenny Pickett was the only quarterback who went the first round. I'm not saying it's likely somebody will probably take Shador somewhere in the teams or something, but we all kind of go man. You know, people always reach on quarterbacks. Twenty two as an example where the league said no, and league went ahead and said, nope, we'll go ahead and we'll let Malik Willis fall to the third round. We'll let Matt Carral fall today three and so if teams are really like, I'm not in love with any of these quarterbacks, they may just wait it out like they did a few years ago.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'd keep an eye on teams in the second on the top of the second round, because I've talking to some people that are already kind of posturing themselves the Giants, New England that maybe could try and trade back into the bottom of the round. So you got people you're gonna throw chum in the water if you're you know you're if you're the Giants or New England and say you're calling those teams the back end.
Speaker 3: I'd start with Sean.
Speaker 2: Payton in uh in Denver at twenty and kind of work my way back and just say, hey, listen, I might be interested coming up there with my guys there, you know, and you kind of know if you're coming back into the round, you're probably gonna get looking for a quarterback. So we might have a couple of teams that come from the top of the second round back in to the bottom of the round, and those teams at the bottom might say, okay, well we could pick up a pick just going down a few spots.
Speaker 8: Yeah, And I'm with you there, Brian, because that fifth year option is so valuable, especially at the quarterback position.
Speaker 2: I know it's at John Snyder Snider was and John and I have talked about this a bunch of getting that fifth year. John can't help himself. He's gonna take a running back there. Probably that's what John does. But but the but yeah, it's something that you kind of you have to plan out, and the fifth year option is always something that kind of draws you into that.
Speaker 8: Granted, Tyler Shugg would be like forty seven after his fifth year option, So yeah, I don't know if you're trading back in to.
Speaker 9: Get that man.
Speaker 1: Yes, baby Offen though he's a big fan of Tyler show. Maybe maybe we're off on him. Okay, I do want to open this up to your questions because a lot of you, I know that's why you're here. You wanted to get a question in. So if we have anybody in the front row, specifically you've got one, okay, let's go ahead and just line up at you as well you two, and then just kind of fill in the gaps. When one person leaves, another person will go row by row. If you have a question, you can just fill in, give us your name, and then just go ahead and ask away.
Speaker 12: Scott Alexander, I've got to quit broad a story for you right quick.
Speaker 9: Okay, Okay, this could go anywhere.
Speaker 13: Well, this is a good one. It's gonna answer a lot of questions.
Speaker 12: Twenty fifteen, I was living in South Carolina's fiftieth birthday. My wife and two daughters came out to come to the stadium for the first first new game there.
Speaker 13: My nine year old daughter.
Speaker 12: We came did the Cowboy Travel thing, which had the question and answer session as the first sports tour.
Speaker 13: That's right, that's right, Brian's asking questions.
Speaker 1: So my nine year old, who basically.
Speaker 12: Sat in my lap watching games growing up, you know, is more rapid than I am, was like, Daddy, I want to.
Speaker 13: Ask a question. So I gave her a question to ask.
Speaker 12: And so there's guys like all of us, right, and then there's this nine year old and so broad us is asking questions question and she looked up and he's like, hello, darling, what's your question? And she goes on this two minute detailed that I've told her step by step by step, and when it's over, Brian looks at her and goes, sweetheart, there are people in the.
Speaker 13: Building that don't ask questions.
Speaker 14: That good.
Speaker 12: So anyway, so you know, we we go back home. My father said, well, how was your trip? And she said it was great, and he said, well, how was fine? She said, I got to ask brought us a question, Papa. So well, he goes, who's brought us to which she replies, oh, he's the boss of the Cowboys, Daddy.
Speaker 13: I was like, wait what I said, I'll explain.
Speaker 11: I'll explain later.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so but I remember exactly I do. And it was a great question.
Speaker 14: Though.
Speaker 12: Well, I mean it was good because she loved it. But I'm at the table going you heard what he said, right, people in the people in the building don't ask questions like that. But my question is basically this, y'all talk a lot about. Okay, you know, the Cowboys have thirteen first round grades, the Packers have twelve, the Falcons have nine or whatever like that, and a first round grade is somebody that has no holes, is the I guess the rough definition of it, right, But my question is do different teams have different lists of holes?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 12: Are there are there some teams that have like ten different things you've got to hit to be a first rounder, or five different or six things and all like that. You've talked about a lot and I've probably missed it. But and I'll let you answer. I really enjoyed the show. Guys, I've watched it for years. We live in what I live in Waco now, so I wasn't going to miss the opportunity.
Speaker 1: All right, thank you, thank you, thank you. Brian. Did you want to take that one?
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's there's different things.
Speaker 2: There's places I've been in that screen, Bay, Philly, Jacksonville, Dallas. Each group has position specifics that they look for in quarterbacks or offensive linemen, and and the Dallas Dallas Cup was no different than and they they So if when you're out scouting, you're you have these things, you're looking for these traits, and then you start to put together as you meet and you're doing your reports and all that, and you're talking about the players, you're going through these trades and then that it's really just kind of adding them all up. It's like, which one of these traits can we absolutely live with, and which these traits that if they don't have, and we can't live with that player. So each each front office and skying department has specifically stuff that their coaches have asked, you know, hey, bring me this type of guy, bring me I need this trade, I need this and so Will has done a really good job over the years and of having to kind of adjust, whether it was you know, with Jason Garrett's crew and then you know with Mike McCarthy's crew, and now with Schottenheimer's crew, of having to adjust along the way and kind of tweak that. But every team has that when you go in that you say, hey, we have to have this from our players. And then if they don't, but you can't put them in the first round. You know, you have to find if they lack a bunch of traits, then the course, the further down the board they're going to be. But yeah, it's every team is really different, and it's really kind of built to the coaching staff and the kind of schemes that they play.
Speaker 1: What was your question, sir?
Speaker 15: Okay, Hey guys, my name is Larry Billings, and I appreciate you being here tonight. First, I've you know, I've looked at MOB drafts and I've listened to some of you guys, and I've heard you say things like, well, you know, we got to remember, this is the way we rank these guys, and this is what we would do if we were making the selection. But then you stop and think, well, but what is Jerry and the Cowboys gonna do? That's that's that's really the question. What are they going to do? And so I've been thinking about this, and you mentioned earlier you were talking about Shadu Sanders.
Speaker 1: If he was to.
Speaker 15: Drop the twelve and Jerry is on the clock. We all remember Johnny Manziel. If Jerry's on the clock, and apparently he has a from what we can gather a good relationship with Dion, is he is Jerry going to feel any obligation to select Chadure. I'm not saying you might pick him, but right what is Jerry gonna do?
Speaker 5: Jerry's gonna get pulled out of that.
Speaker 4: Room really fast. They're gonna take his phone and unplug it, and either Sanders is gonna be on the clock at thirteen or the Cowboys gonna get a bunch of picks from some team trading up to go get Sanders. But I don't know, Fellas.
Speaker 7: I think it's an interesting question because there is history there. But I also think you can learn from history. The pick instead of Johnny Manziel turned into Zach Martin. That worked out pretty well, And I think it goes back to you have a quarterback now that you're I mean, I know there's probably split opinions in the room, but there's a quarterback now that you're confident in within the building, and should Sanders doesn't change anything for you. So if Shoulders on the board, I think it may be a fun topic of conversation, but.
Speaker 1: It would I don't think it would get anything further.
Speaker 6: Not only did you pay that quarterback in the building, and they also just traded and got another quarterback and Joe Milton they so they wanted a young quarterback, they won and won.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and also ease the concerns if there is a concern about Jerry potentially taking a Shador at twelve, is Dak has four years left, a rookie deal would be four plus the rookie option. You would basically be wasting that rookie contract on a quarterback in essence.
Speaker 9: So yeah, it's.
Speaker 11: Also important that I don't think they're going to have a grade on Shador that's anywhere close to the one they had on Manziel. They did have a first on Manziel. I don't I'm not convinced they're gonna have a first round grade on on Shadoor Sanders. And again it's not just the Milton factor. Like Nick just mentioned, you also got to remember they just hired their new head coach in large part because of the recommendation from the quarterback, right, And so I mean they've kind of got their lotto ticket already. I don't think they're gonna have him graded as high as Manziel And he's in lockstep with your brand new head coach. So I mean they're kind of tied together. And and I think that's what they're doing moving forward.
Speaker 2: The room is going to be really, really quiet when that happens. The room is gonna be quiet and seriously, and nobody's gonna say a word. And Jerry's gonna say, you know, Sanders is up there on that board, and nobody's gonna want to say a damn word. You're gonna you're gonna be looking down at your notes, You're gonna be cleaning your glasses, You're gonna fake a bathroom break.
Speaker 3: Maybe he's gonna remind you that.
Speaker 2: But the one thing they're gonna trust is their stack, and it's how they have the players rated. And that's when when they lost Ryan Chazeer, That's what Steven and Will and Jason Garrett reminded him we have Zach Martin as the next player. Johnny's down below, and Jerry is gonna remind him. He's absolutely gonna remind him. And like I say, it's gonna be really quiet, and then they're gonna explain that player, you know, whether it's Golden McMillan, whoever, that's our guy. And then Jerry's gonna say okay, and they'll hand that card in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what do you are you, sir? What do you have for us?
Speaker 11: It's going on, y'all very nice to be here.
Speaker 1: Appreciate y'all having broughdus.
Speaker 16: Appreciate you putting this on on your your legend, uh legends.
Speaker 3: And uh so fired you get to do this.
Speaker 16: I just I just came after work, man, sir, thank you. I do a c work for buddy gets hot or what all right? Got chall My name is Paul, by the way, and I wanted to say, uh, first one if anybody went.
Speaker 1: An I p A uh no one'd well.
Speaker 16: I appreciate y'all leting be b wylb and also, uh the tension is clear. Uh the distracts have have gotten between you guys, there's no other reason.
Speaker 11: Bobby would not be in the center.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 16: But I also want to ask, do you think there's gonna be a lot of trade downs in this draft? Because there's a lot of uh, there's a lot of depth, but not a lot of crazy talent.
Speaker 1: Do you guys think there's gonna be more trade downs this this year? We're gonna be like, oh my god.
Speaker 8: Yeah, kind of like to what Bobby said early. I think it was Bobby that said ten to forty are pretty close together. And there's a lot of teams that think that same way. And if you feel like you can stick where you're at it, say I don't know, eighteen or twenty with Seattle and Denver. You know, is the what is the investment you get out of trading up to twelve? And that's gonna have to be who's who's available on the board. Is it one of these quarterbacks that one of these teams just gets really excited about? Is it, you know, one of these offensive linemen that is slipping that somebody gets excited about. I think that would probably be the only opportunity you have a tango partner. Last year, it made a lot more sense to have a tango partner. Because there were so many talented players, especially those offensive linemen right there in those twenties, you made it easy to get a deal with Detroit. This time around, I don't think that you're gonna have as many phone calls waiting for you. I think I think you're gonna have to stick at twelve. That's just my guess. But I can almost guarantee you they will be keeping an eye on those phones to see what kind of deal they get because they need an extra pick. They need an extra Day two pick. That's that's the fact of the matter for giving up the fourth for Jonathan Mingo, and so you know, to pick up that extra pick would be awesome, But I don't see it happening.
Speaker 9: That's just me.
Speaker 7: Well, and outside of pick forty, from that point down, it's muddled there too.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of kind of intro thought process.
Speaker 7: A guy that could be in the fourth round for one team might be in the sixth or the seventh round for another team.
Speaker 1: So I think it trading back may not be the case.
Speaker 7: At that point, but I think whenever it gets to round five, where the Cowboys have two picks in round five, two in round six, and then three more in round seven. It may be a point of not trading up early and just getting that fourth round pick back, but pulling the trigger when they see a guy that they like, they see a prospect that's up there, that's available on the board at X number of overall selection, and then you package those picks together to try and go up and get it.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be a targeted.
Speaker 7: Approach, and the Cowboys aren't the only team that's gonna think that way.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I kind of feel like, though, you're in a situation where I just want value for my pick, you know, if you're gonna get me to make me move from my spot.
Speaker 3: Okay, And.
Speaker 2: As we work this out, as we all have our trade charts and we talk about it, and I should get player eighty nine in this trade, but you're off for me player one forty nine interested in that, you know, I want value for my pick, you know, And I'll stand in there and make a pick, you know, damn it. I mean, I'll do it, you know, but you give me value for my pick. I'm not just gonna bail just to bail, just to get a pick. There's a difference. There's why you stack your board. Player eighty nine is better than player one forty nine in my opinion.
Speaker 1: So give me value for my pick.
Speaker 2: And maybe that's why nobody ever called me when we were doing this, because that was always my attitude about it.
Speaker 3: But I always want value. I just don't want to go back just to go back.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't think there's any I mean, I say there's you know, there's just to me give me the value. And I think there's a lot of teams that might not get value for the pick. I might be one of those guys that go up.
Speaker 11: We had earlier today on the fan, we had Thomas demetrof On Brian's old buddy, former GM of the Falcons, and he had talked about how he was one of the few in the league who looked for the trade up consistently. That's what he wanted. He wanted to go up. He was always looking for that. And we had asked him, so, all right, who's like that in the league left right now that you would say that's a target that you know you can call them. They're usually looking to go up. And the one guy he's single that was Howie Roseman and they're picking thirty second, and I don't know that there's a twelve to thirty two. That makes a lot of sense. When Schneider comes out and talks about, hey, these quarterbacks, people may like him more than everybody's talking about. All right, well, they've got multiple Day two picks, they got multiple thirds, multiple seconds. You might entertain that. Ask him, causee, if you've got a dancing partner. There there's a chance. Right now, as it stands out, it's the first time since twenty fourteen where every team wants for their first round pick, and so everybody's kind of held on to them. Right now, there might be a case if nobody's really wanting to move up where you could see first rounders moved more likely for players on draft day, for established veterans like at Jalen Ramsey or somebody like that. Then there would be to actually go up and get somebody.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because it's fun to say, oh, I'd like to trade back, but you got to have a player that the team wants to move up for.
Speaker 2: I'd sat there for thirteen years, always wishing the phone would ring out.
Speaker 3: It never did, never did.
Speaker 2: I ran a draft in Philly in ninety eight, and it's the fastest they've ever handed in her first round pick. I wait, I told the guys in the room. I said, we're waiting seven minutes. That phone didn't ring. We're handing that card in Trey Thomas. They go, okay, and it'll being a good one.
Speaker 3: At a seven minute.
Speaker 2: Mark, I said, hand the damn card in because I'm you do. And the thing the cowboys won't do. The cowboys won't call because they won't call because.
Speaker 3: They're afraid they're going to lose the trade.
Speaker 2: That's they say that the minute Stephen Jones, minute you call, you lose leverage. So think about that. But yeah, I've sat in the room for thirteen years. The phone doesn't always ring. It's really easy to say trade back, right, it's really hard to do.
Speaker 11: How many Pearl Bowlers did you draft in nineteen ninety eight? By the way, four four very good.
Speaker 1: Dog get draft Brint did get drafted dog. It was that, yeah, all right, we got our guy. And what this is an old school looking Cowboys?
Speaker 14: Sure?
Speaker 1: Oh okay, all right, thank you? My name Ricky? Right, what a Ricky. I'm thrilled to see y'all, guys. I thank you, go walk.
Speaker 17: In and listen to the draft show and lunch break and have something.
Speaker 1: To do every day.
Speaker 9: Appreciate.
Speaker 1: But I got a prospect.
Speaker 17: I haven't heard y'all talk about it. He's Torry I hope, Uh, Colorado's state. He was killing Dion on the overtime game. I thought he'd be a nice fit for Dallas.
Speaker 1: But I know he was hurt this year.
Speaker 17: And but he's a really talented athlete and he played for Colorado State.
Speaker 1: Y'all know anything where he might be drafted at Tory Horton. Horton, Yeah, I got four.
Speaker 4: I got him in the fifth round. Yet guy, big catch guy, d ball guy.
Speaker 18: Uh.
Speaker 5: They didn't really make him run a whole bunch of routes.
Speaker 14: You know.
Speaker 4: He just was slink guy, bubble guy, make you miss guy. But if you like yeah, guys like I do, then you'll move him up a little bit. But if you like guys that you know, have a lot of nuance here their game, you'll go, Well, he doesn't run a bunch of routes. He's not very nuanced. I wouldn't take him that high, but I like him.
Speaker 8: Tory Holmes cool, Yeah, I have him the top receiver in the fourth round for me Elite twenty twenty three season. I mean, you look at that twenty three tape, there's some really fun stuff there. He had the option to come out last year, and if he did, he probably could have ended up being a second third round pick. Unfortunately, he came back in twenty twenty four and it suffered really bad due to injury. He's battled this knee injury throughout his college career. That kind of plays into a strength concern that you have at the next level, maybe a play strength type of concern. But when you look at that twenty three tape and when he is healthy what he can do. He's an athletic, quick route runner, blends his stem and breaks seamlessly. He had ninety six receptions in twenty three from everywhere on the field at all three levels with sub QB play, so park QB play. In my opinion, I think he's a talented receiver. It's just a matter of can he stay healthy. That's gonna be the biggest thing with Srey Horton. But it wouldn't I wouldn't be surprised. We look up in a couple of years. Let's say this guy stays healthy and he ends up being a pretty solid pick for one of these teams.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this guy is really good with the test to catches too because of the size and stuff. So yeah, he's I think everybody's got him in that fourth fifth round here. I think that's kind of where we're looking.
Speaker 19: At right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he super perproductive. I mean he average ninety four point seven yards of catch and twenty three ten total touchdowns. I agree with all of you. He's not a big yak guy, but they he is somebody when it comes to possession receivers. I mean he makes some tough catches along the sideline as well in the red zone area, and he can be a punter turner for you. So how is he coming back from the injury? The medical will be important there, but that is a good fourth round receiver. I'm with you. I like the name.
Speaker 6: He ran a four to four to one at the combine after he had a season ending knee injury.
Speaker 1: That's it. So that's the same. That's pretty impressive.
Speaker 6: So if if that still continues to track medically, then should be good to glicated on the money. The twenty twenty three tape on him is awesome and so it'd be like I said, I got him.
Speaker 1: In the LA fourth. Yeah, I'm with you.
Speaker 20: How are you doing, sir, I'm doing great. My name is a Logan. I've been Plano senior graduate. There we go, oh go, wildcat plane.
Speaker 14: Oh.
Speaker 20: So I just want to say I started listening to the fan when I was in sixth grade and now I'm about to graduate high school or sorry, college.
Speaker 1: Not high school.
Speaker 13: So that was that was ten.
Speaker 20: That was ten years ago or over ten years ago.
Speaker 1: That's weird.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I was like, do you play receiver?
Speaker 1: No, I'm not Josh Gordon.
Speaker 20: I just wanted to say, Voch, I've been subscribed to you since twenty seventeen, which feels like a long time. I mean it was a long time ago. It was almost eight what eight nine years ago. I want to say that you and Brian are the reason I started watching film. So that's awesome. It will enhance your knowledge of the game if you can get your hands on it, which is becoming harder and harder and harder these days. But I just want to say I have a question for Votch. So during the twenty twenty draft, when Ceedelamb got picked, you did you did one of the greatest reactions and dances I've ever seen to a draft pick. I just want to say, I'm a what what type of pick at twelve.
Speaker 13: Would get you to do that reaction?
Speaker 1: In this draft? Shamar Stewart, It'd be Josh Shimmons.
Speaker 4: Man, I'm thirty three now, man, can't just get up the dance like.
Speaker 1: I used all lies.
Speaker 7: But you're telling me if Josh Simmons is not there and he's the pick at twelve, you're not doing a little dance.
Speaker 5: I am a professional.
Speaker 1: Now, so you're gonna do a professional dance.
Speaker 4: And Derek eagleson to kick me out the room. If I got up and dance, I'll stretch. But uh, Josh Simmons is one. T Mac is another one. Love his game honestly. As long as it's a player that me and the Cowboys agree on, we good to go.
Speaker 20: You know, So not third round grade Mikel Williams.
Speaker 5: Sure, I am not as high Michael as uh.
Speaker 4: And look, I don't even know if the cal was how my kid, that's just rumors, but I'm not as high. If it's Mikel, I'm gonna keep a straight face. I'm gonna break down the player and we're gonna give him his due. Like Brian say, but boy, when I leave, I'm gonna be fussing. But uh Simmons and Tamgan is the way man.
Speaker 1: All right. Appreciate you, guys, appreciate I appreciate you. Thank you. How are you doing, sir?
Speaker 5: My name is Cole Cole?
Speaker 1: What's up? Cole?
Speaker 5: Heyf uh?
Speaker 21: First off, I want to give you all y'alls flowers think. Thank you so much for doing this, all the podcasts that y'all do, Botch's YouTube channel, Love of the Star, all that gets me through my work day.
Speaker 1: Appreciate you, and it's a long workday.
Speaker 5: Bear with me. I'm bad at public speaking. Obviously.
Speaker 21: The big point pre draft that we talk about is a lot of what happens rounds one through five, specifically one rounds one through three. But something I want to bring up, one of the best things that I think the Cowboys do is what they do after the draft. Now, Nick, I know you've been talking recently about how they could be looking for a quarterback undrafted. What kind of names are you do you think will be there? Obviously we don't know who will be there because there could be some surprises.
Speaker 1: In the sixth and seventh.
Speaker 21: But what names do you think could be there that you would like the Cowboys to bring in? And also second question, a lot of one player. I don't hear talk about a lot because I feel like a lot of the shine is on Sugar and Travis Hunter. But can you give a scouting report on Jimmy Horne Junior and where you think he fits in and where he's drafted?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Thanks, man, I'll start with the undrafted conversation or he's talking specifically a quarterback all players, I will go ahead and start at quarterback. I'll give you some other ones though. Seth Hnigan out of Memphis. He's a he's a local kid. I think he's worthy of a draft pick, but I think he could also slip to the undrafted market. He was a guy that was at Dallas Day. He was throwing in that event. He was alongside Brayden Shaker, who is a Highland Park grat just from up the street. He was also throwing that event. And then Cowboys quarterbacks coach Steve Schimco attended the pro day of Graham Mertz at Florida. And you know that's a guy that battled injury pretty bad going back to his last couple of years, going back to Wisconsin even but with that injury is probably a situation where he's not drafted, and so that's that's another name that I think to keep a look at. Look at some other positions, man, I you know, I see Marcus Yarns name get thrown around a lot from Delaware, and I think he's worthy of a draft pick. But in looking around and kind of seeing what the buzz is on him, he could potentially be a guy that's there in that undrafted market. He's a narrow frame, so he leads to inability to fight through contact, but you look at what he can do from an outside zone perspective and a pass catcher in the NFL, I think he would be a fun addition there in your undrafted market. If you're looking at a running back position type of situation. I mean, you can make the case that they could add an undrafted player at almost every position just to have that kind of depth. What they've done over the course of the last couple of years and bringing in guys from that undrafted market.
Speaker 9: There's gonna be some talented guys.
Speaker 8: Steve Linton out of Baylor that's another local Ish guy that has a ton of experience that would be coming into this situation. I think he's an undrafted type of talent. But there's gonna be a lot of fun names. I'm sure everybody on this panel has an undrafted.
Speaker 2: You know, real quick if I pull back the curtain, and those are all great names. Chris Hall, who does a great job in The Cowboys. Matter of fact, the reason why that we were able to get Tony Romo was because of Chris Hall. Chris does a great job of not when the scouts, we set the board, and then as the board gets selected at the end of the draft, there's a situation where the first players that are going to go after are the guys that are still on their draft board. So that's that's where they start. So anybody in the sixth seventh round that's on that board still, those are the first calls they're making. And then they and then they have what's called priority free agents after that, and then free agents, so they've got different tiers. But the one thing Chris does is he keeps that board intact. He wouldn't let us move down to Tony Romo. So Tony Romo's tag was there in the fifth round, and that's where the focus went right off the jump. And that's why they do a great job with the with signing afterwards. Jerry and Steven willing to pay the money, to pay the bonuses to.
Speaker 3: Go get these guys.
Speaker 2: But these are guys that are actually on their draft board, and those are the first guys that are going to go get.
Speaker 7: I've got a name I want to add to Nick's list here. You mentioned Seth Hennigan. Can I interest you in hit one of his top wide receivers during his time at Memphis as.
Speaker 1: Well, Rock Taylor.
Speaker 7: Rock Taylor rates put one foot, had over a thousand yards from scrimmage both in twenty twenty three and twenty twenty four.
Speaker 1: He was All Conference in the American last year. He's six' one.
Speaker 7: Change he's he's a little bit, shorter but he could PLAY, x he could play, outside he could play him in the slot as. WELL i think he's kind of a virtual, receiver great, hands decent route. RUNNER i think there's ways that he would kind of pair With Seth hinnigan overall THAT i would like to see in the. Future he kind of struggles against press, coverage that's one thing THAT i think he'll struggle in THE nfl.
Speaker 8: Level with The, cowboys they did have a meeting with him at The Hula bowl virtual meeting with, him and then they've had two virtual meetings with him, since so they've met with him.
Speaker 9: Three times during the draft.
Speaker 1: Process.
Speaker 9: Interest that is definitely a guy to keep an eye.
Speaker 11: ON i ALSO i really like and he's not going to get, DRAFTED i don't, think But Charlton state's got a wide Receiver Darius cooper THAT i like a. Lot he's six feet, tall two point fifteen four fourth be thirty eight inch vertical. Like he shows a lot of Explosive listen to. Me the biggest thing about, him he was a first Team All american at THE fcs level for THE. AP i, mean he did everything he was supposed to have at his. Level it's just the level he plays at which he was AN fcs, player and SO i think that there's just gonna be questions about competition and things like, that but the upside's all. There he SHOWS nfl traits in terms of his athleticism and what he put on tape was really. Encouraging it's just As brian's talked about. Before it's the walk on water. Factor if you're at that, level you've got to walk on. Water you've got to be absolutely. Dominant and if you're not, that then you're you're probably either going to fall really late or go. Undrafted but he's somebody WHO i think absolutely could be a diamond in the.
Speaker 2: Rough do The cowboys have? HORN i know the question was asked about horn From? Colorado do they already.
Speaker 1: Have that In?
Speaker 2: Turpin when you start to talk about a, guy a.
Speaker 1: Smaller guy at, five a majority of his plays come from the slot, right so he might be a slot only player and also return it's return specialist as. Well has the. SPEED i think he absolutely would be very turping. Like AND i think he's another underrafted guy.
Speaker 11: Because you mentioned slot only, player and When brian mentioned earlier coaching staff influencing the way you draft and some of the parameters you, have that's going to be a shift from McCarthy To. Schottenheimer so McCarthy was a does not like slot only, players was really against generally taking those sort of. Players shottenheimer's a little different SHOTTHEIMER i think is okay with all right if that's the only place you. Play i'm fine still with what you can contribute to the team and find other different things for you to. Do so that's one area where you'll see a. Shift if they were a slot only player in the plastic was in the, past it was unlikely McCarthy was going to want them to take.
Speaker 6: Him there's a Second Cavante turpin in this. Draft his name Is Silas bolden From. Texas, okay it's another guy that undrafted for The Oregon Stage Transfer stage Transfer. Texas come, on, man we're forty three minutes in and he brought who hit the over under?
Speaker 14: There?
Speaker 6: Boy and look at looking at a ball noer in the front row and the arch man. Jersey so those that showed up in and then we got another long horn in The this is, great this is. Incredible but, yeah So Silas, Bolden i've got him as an undrafted free. Agent but if, YOU i don't, know since you Have Cavante trippin, already you just paid. HIM i don't know if you necessarily need another. One but if he's a return specialist only type of, GUY i wouldn't hate it.
Speaker 1: Whatsoever he's pretty tough for his size.
Speaker 6: Too he took some licks in the college Football playoff and he was able to hold on through. It you look at The Arizona state. Game it was one of his games where he got clobbered pretty good and he was just able to hold onto the. Ball all, right let's hear From Dak. Prescott my Name's.
Speaker 10: RYAN i drove over two hours From Mineral wells to.
Speaker 9: Be here to.
Speaker 5: Appreciate.
Speaker 1: It, man we appreciate.
Speaker 13: You love y'all show Watch.
Speaker 10: Brian i'll watch every single thing that y'all, do and love the. DRAFT i thought it was interesting that The cowboys have been top secret with their thirty visits this, year And i'm just curious if there's somebody there trying to hide that On draft night at twelve or forty, four we could be, shocked, stunned or even pissed at the. Pick and so who do you think the name that could? Be and, Then, brian you said you weren't gonna get mad this, year no matter.
Speaker 13: What, why what's the one? Play what's the one player that could get to the. Closest i'm not gonna get.
Speaker 2: Mad i'm too. Old i'm too old to get. Mad, Now i'm way too.
Speaker 3: Old to get.
Speaker 1: MAD i feel LIKE i don't believe.
Speaker 2: THAT i don't even know you Watch i'm Gonna i'm gonna very, control all?
Speaker 3: Right are you already have a crol off this? Moment you are?
Speaker 22: Like are you?
Speaker 11: Gonna are you gonna? Understand are you gonna out of the? Words this team doesn't care about what we. Think that that that's. It that's usually three four times a.
Speaker 2: Draft, yeah three four. Times that's day three right WHEN i do. That they don't care about WHAT i. Think lesson to care about WHAT i thought was two thousand and?
Speaker 3: Five, yeah.
Speaker 1: Did you guys have a player in mind with the twelve or forty fourth they're? Hiding Could? Josh Could Josh shimmons be?
Speaker 6: ONE i don't know if there's any names that have been reported that at twelve or forty?
Speaker 1: Four, yeah be, LIKE i DON'T i don't. Know that's out of. Nowhere, YEAH i don't think.
Speaker 5: It Carson, swettinger can we?
Speaker 4: Talk can we? No forty? Four visit gay thirty visit? Guy can we talk About Carson? Swettinger carson c L. A i think he's Shying lee and we AND i just gotta feel in the cowboys love him LIKE i love what you say About.
Speaker 11: Bill they know they, like they Like sweassenger a.
Speaker 9: Lot why are you, Smiling Bobby?
Speaker 5: Belt The cowboys Like?
Speaker 4: Carson is there a chance that Linebacker Carson sizer is a thirty visit, guy but he's our forty fourth overall pick its potential.
Speaker 8: Linebackers Coach organzi worked him out at his pro. Day that's certainly. One another one THAT i Think cowboys like as much as you guys down the line Is Josh.
Speaker 9: Simmons, secondly another one.
Speaker 5: Saying that BECAUSE i Love Josh.
Speaker 1: Simmons, yeah, yeah you, know, listen that's the best rift is gonna.
Speaker 8: DANCE i might not H, yeah that's that's that's. Both maybe in a trade back, scenario who.
Speaker 6: Knows But, Okay by the, WAY i found the video Of vatch REACTING CD lamb and it was.
Speaker 1: Incredible can you send me that? Link?
Speaker 5: Yeah, PLEASE i got a lot of followers that.
Speaker 1: Day go ahead and put that in the group.
Speaker 6: CHAT i think he just flew back in his chair and, Like i've never seen a chair been back that far with how excited he.
Speaker 5: Was this is why it is.
Speaker 4: Exciting if you find the, video, Right i'm just counted, DOWN i, Say, Okay san fran is gonna take like a d tackle or. Something, Okay they're gonna look At judy and, say, oh the route run is better THAN. Cd and you actually see me going and they, Go jerry's you?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 4: Cool and then there's. Raiders all, right we know the raider's gonna. Do they gonna take the fast. Guy and they took the fans to the fast. Guy AND i, say, Ceede lamb and not be on the ball when we, there and he's there and we took him AND i fell out of my.
Speaker 6: Chair it's, amazing fell out of your. Chair you almost broke your camera slamming on.
Speaker 4: The camera was already broke. Out it's a different ror of my content, Days.
Speaker 11: I'll, say just going back To swastinger. Two depending on if they View Jalen walker as more of a, hybrid they view Potentially Jihad campbell as the guy who's more of a hybrid if they think he's got dressing, villain you're just talking about pure line, LIKE i think that there is a chance that that's their top linebacker if you just look at sure linebacker, position.
Speaker 1: Even over a guy Like Johat campbell who's kind of the same.
Speaker 11: Process depending on if they View campbell as more edge linebackers, hype you just look at that's the position you.
Speaker 14: Play.
Speaker 1: Linebackers there's a lot of hype Around Johan.
Speaker 11: Campbell campbell's Above. Swessenger but if you just talk about pure linebacker, play not asking them to do anything, else THEN i think there's a Chance swssenger's.
Speaker 2: ONE i think you have to be concerned about some of the stuff With campbell's injuries, though you, know, shoulders, knees there's, yeah but we've done this for a long time Now alabama linebackers and that That Nick saban administration and those linebackers were banged. Up it always seemed like there was always knee, problems shoulder problems and all.
Speaker 3: That they're all really big, hitters you.
Speaker 2: Know but, yeah this is if you if you're thinking About campbell and if you see him slide a little, bit that might be some of the reasons why some of the medical stuff is you have.
Speaker 3: To you have to work on.
Speaker 1: SPECIALS a hell of a, player one year, starter but his best footballs ahead of. Him you talk about. Instincts that guy's got. Him how are we? Doing Tony romo.
Speaker 23: My name Is aaron From Sherman texas And.
Speaker 5: UH i have a.
Speaker 23: COUPLE i have a couple of different PLAYERS i was gonna ask you. About one of them is one That i'm interested in just Because i've watched a lot of his games and So i'm kind of curious. About which Is Danny stutsman From. Oklahoma the second, one and this is more because now he's with the same. Team but probably reason Why i'm curious about this one is one of my my best, friends like that he played with his uh his dad on a semi pro team which is with the same, team But Billy bowman the. Safety So i'm kind of curious about both of them and what y'all, thought especially like as maybe late round or, undrafted just kind.
Speaker 1: Of players.
Speaker 3: To tell, you, No i'm just kidding.
Speaker 1: Everybody everybody GOT i can go. FIRST i mean you. Can you can Take. Stutsman i'll Take. Bowman.
Speaker 6: Yeah So stutsman Is susman is a guy who was incredibly productive At. Oklahoma if he, doesn't if he's not one of their top five leaders and tacklers over in tackles over the time At oklahoma, HISTORY I i'd be. Shocked that was a huge get for their defense when he came back for his last. Season not the most athletic, guy but he just has a knack for getting guys to the ground and SO i think you can appreciate that from a football. Standpoint and Then Billy bowman is really interesting in the late. ROUNDS i, mean this is a guy who was initially committed To texas and high, school then flipped To, oklahoma was kind of a staple of that secondary and really held it down over there for the most. Part really athletic, kid can kind of do everything for. You he adds the return element to the. Game he can he can do. That he did that a little bit in his days At Denton. Ryan so he's the Local dallas area. Guy so two good kind of value late round. GUYS i think that that you could be looking at.
Speaker 9: THERE i heard some days too buzz.
Speaker 14: About.
Speaker 1: YEAH i wouldn't be shocked at.
Speaker 3: All he's kind of a right place to the right time guys.
Speaker 2: Man he's always ALWAYS i mean you can watch always game in the overthrows With Quinn.
Speaker 1: Yewers he stuff like.
Speaker 3: That which one he was getting a soft drink that day it was the final.
Speaker 1: Score i've just.
Speaker 2: Agreed but But i'll say, this you, know just talking about the linebackers With, stutsman AND i don't know if my guys we. HAVEN'T i don't think we've talked about this as a. Group there's kind of a pocket of those linebackers that are kind of old school looking Like Bill parcells would love these, guys like these big tall kind of like really do they cover well?
Speaker 1: Up, Yeah, King, Stutsman.
Speaker 2: Simon they're all in that kind of that pocket. Together so if you're looking for one of those old throwback Giant New york, giant big body, linebackers there's probably. That that fourth round has got probably five of, them if you want those guys that they're. PLAYING i Think stutsman's in that group with these.
Speaker 1: Guys, Yeah i'm with. YOU i mean i'd Take Teddy buchanan probably over all of them at a Cal he's a probably around. Earlier, Yeah i've got him in the, Third But i'm with you On. STUTSMAN i got him in the. Fourth Billy Bowman. Junior i'm probably biased BECAUSE i got to cover him a Den. RYAN i just love the kid. MAN i, mean he's just a. Playmaker you mentioned he's always around the, football plays with no. Fear he's just. Small that's the biggest issue With Billy Bowman. Junior he's a tiny, guy BUT i got him in the Third somebody's gonna get a jam With Billy Bowman. Jr how are we, doing? SIR i love the. Jersey is This tony Dor?
Speaker 24: Sati that is beautiful ro. Jersey, hey good, evening. Guys i'm a big fan of the. Fan my name Is katie, McDonald big. Fan Bobby below the belt is my favorite segment on the, Film Don't. Don't i'm in the car every day dropping my son off and after the commercial with THE i think it's A chevy.
Speaker 1: Commercial it comes right on at a, forty so the.
Speaker 24: INTRO i love.
Speaker 12: It.
Speaker 24: Watch i'm a huge. Fan it's nice to see you with mainstream. Media So i'm loving that you're here In dallas now and working With. Brian and then, Lastly, BRIAN i love what you're doing in terms of promoting diversity within the media and how you and how you actually just give back as much as you do from your Knowledg so big, fan.
Speaker 1: Sir two quick. QUESTIONS i just made a putt at The.
Speaker 24: Masters two quick, questions, Right So i'm under the, theory what if The cowboys throw us a curveball and we Lost Zach, martin you got bb what if you move him back to guard and then you go in the third round draft of. Center give me an idea of watch other line line. Guys who's the top centers and who could be available in the third, round and then real quick for you to answer.
Speaker 9: That.
Speaker 24: WATCH i got one last question just put out. There i'll move out the, Way. BRIAN i got to pick a fight with. YOU a By maury And. HAMPTON i still think he can be a first round. GUY i think HE'S i think he can Be DeMarco murray without the knee. INJURY i THINK i think he could also be to Real davis with a little bit more. Speed and then last, say what if you can Draft Eric? Dickerson Because Eric dickerson was not? Elusive the only Thing i've heard you complain About omarin is he Was he's not elusive. Enough so what if you could Draft Eric dickerson in the twelfth Front, hampton is that guy.
Speaker 3: M DeMarco murray? Comparison and then you took it to a whole other.
Speaker 2: LEVEL i WAS i, WAS i was, like, yeah, cool and THEN i just got hit with a right.
Speaker 3: Cross you, Know. Hampton LIKE i, SAID I i Like.
Speaker 2: Johnson From iowa, myself and AND i if, you if you when you see my stack on when it gets posted on ONE o five three the fan dot, com you'll see, this you'll SEE i had A i had a real difficult time With, Johnson hampton And. HENDERSON i mean they are like it's like a player separating each AND i AND i really really struggle with. THAT i think the, thing LIKE i, say WHEN i first Saw hampton, RUN i, said this is De Marco murray running the. Ball this is the way that he you, Know DeMarco not only, elusive you, know but the thing about it was he'd, hit take the, ball go through and then you, know make a cut and then GO i don't have a problem With. Hampton if you were telling me any one of those, Guys, Johnson, Hampton henderson at forty, Four i'm totally okay with. THAT i don't HAVE i don't have any problem with those running. BACK i THINK i think you're gonna get to a level, where LIKE i, say Where genti and then those three guys and then to, Me i've got the in the next it's, LIKE i got those. Guys it's like just to be simple, here very, good and then you get to the third, round you got.
Speaker 3: Good give me the opportunity to take very.
Speaker 2: Good and If hampton is one of those, GUYS i have absolutely no problem with.
Speaker 4: That as far as the old line question, goes this isn't the best year to go look for a for a. Center AND i would personally be hurt IF, i you, know looked AT bb and, said all, right all this hard work you learn being a, center, snapping, stepping and all this this difficulty that comes with playing, center all, right just go. BACK i can play. GUARD i think that'll hurt me. Personally but if you did move B b back to guard and you had to find a. Center Willie lampin is a guy That i'm always advocating. For he's five, ten AND i don't know how y'all feel about five ten offensive. Lineman you, know we probably shouldn't be looking a shorter guy's playing. OFFENSIVE i get. It but the first thing they teach you when football school was low man. Wins and he's always the low man and that's what he. Uses he wins a.
Speaker 7: Lot he will say his, First, well his film is as good as any short offensive lineman you possibly. Have we talked about the small school, guys, right you got to you gotta walk on. Water when you're five ten and you've got that tag next to, you you.
Speaker 5: Better walk on water and skips on skips all over.
Speaker 7: IT i, mean he's he's a he is a phenomenal film. Player he didn't even get an invite to the, combine and you talk about being personally. HURT i was personally hurt by, that because he's a good.
Speaker 2: Player the question was also asked at the Curve. Ball tell these, guys why you then would Pick? Booker if you don't, move don't MOVE. Bb, yeah but pick a, guard pick a.
Speaker 5: Guard Take. Booker get, powerful be, strong you, KNOW i, mean.
Speaker 3: If you want, to if you really want to curve ball at, twelve.
Speaker 4: You, know Just i'm A cowboy fan that was born in nineteen ninety, two you know What i'm. Saying thirty three years, old and the last couple of years of my cowboy, Fandom i've dealt with some, connors with some you, know you, know beavishes or, whatever like just stalemate. Guys you, know WHEN i hear all the Old german in the crowd, say, boy those days when the wall was just whooping. FEET i wasn't around when the wall was just whooping, feet you. Know so once we moved on from from From, travis and you, Know tyrant's gone now And zach is going, NOW i think the best shot you have to get back powerful to take care of both eight. Gaps it's the first time they teach you on football, school deal with a. Gap get a strong dude and put him next to a strong, dude and put him next to another strong. Dude Tyler, Smith COOPER bb And Tyler booker next to each, other kidding, me and then and then we live in this. World this makes me smile so big when we go against The eagles And Jalen carter lines up Against Tyler smith AND i feel okay about their, rep you. Know but Then Jalen carter go line up against somebody else AND i start to feel nervous a little because he woopsed those. Guys, right Get Tyler booker put him at the right, guard and you kind of got, This. OKAY i can deal with The eagles as. GUYS i can deal with The washington. GUYS i can deal with The giants guys, right no matter who you're forty nine, ers whoever they end, up you, know getting to go and play for. Them if you line against The, vikings The vikers spent a lot of money at one taking three to. You you can deal with those guys. Now and just because you're good at left guard don't mean you good at right. Guard so if you want a, curveball take.
Speaker 3: That's a curve ball right.
Speaker 1: There Take tyler book really.
Speaker 11: Quickly On Willie, Lampton i've asked several different SO i can't find a scouts tell me THAT i think he gets. Drafted it's just the size limitations are too.
Speaker 1: High so Going.
Speaker 2: Terry long was picked from The steelers and From East carolina way back in the day WHEN i was sitting in, rooms and that he was a five to eleven you.
Speaker 1: Know played a few.
Speaker 2: Years but that that that is such an outlier for you right there at that. Size but the film is, incredible the, film, really it really.
Speaker 7: Is Where i'm just, curious as a, panel where is your highest rated, center a true, center because mine's in the Fourth.
Speaker 5: SO i have. HIM i think fourth.
Speaker 3: ROUND i think HE'S i think HE'S i think He's Jason.
Speaker 1: Kelcey, wow you have him in the THIRD i think he.
Speaker 14: Is.
Speaker 1: YEAH i mean you.
Speaker 2: Watch you watch we all marvel at the way That jenkins And henderson and all those guys, run you, know run the ball and. Stuff watch the guys cutting defenses in, half watch the guy reaching front. Side watch you know they have really good linemen. THERE i mean him and and And, Jackson, jackson all those, guys they are. All but you watched that. Center he he he, COULD i mean he could second, level he could get the wide. THREES i mean IT'S i think HE'S i think he's got Some kelsey to.
Speaker 9: Him Great zable out Of North Dakota. State do you guys have him as a?
Speaker 1: CENTER i got r center.
Speaker 8: Number one in THE i have him as my top center back into the, second so that would that would be my top center IF i was also looking around another NAME i would like to throw out.
Speaker 9: His Jonah manheim out OF Usc.
Speaker 8: Yeah really a perstattle guy that has played in multiple spots during his time In Los. Angeles big body guy, Too, yeah and he could play any of the three interior spots going to the next.
Speaker 25: Level he's. Talented, guys what's the Kid. WILSON i know we're here at center Talking Jared, Wilson Georgia. Wilson but, yeah That's i'm. SAYING i some, good some. Bad doesn't like he's, experienced you.
Speaker 2: Know does it play like he's you, know kind of loses that connection with his.
Speaker 3: Guys did he bails have a little trouble with?
Speaker 1: Him, YEAH i went a huge.
Speaker 9: FAN i Have Jake majors over him From.
Speaker 3: Texas tommy's Got Jake majors in the center.
Speaker 1: One, yeah you might as well take him at, twelve, Right, tommy that's.
Speaker 3: Right i've got fifteen first round. Grades we're All texas, players that's.
Speaker 11: Right And Shot schottenheimer's entertained a little bit with some questions About bob moving to, guard BUT i think that's more we keep all options. OPEN i don't think they're gonna move. HIM i think he, stated, well and.
Speaker 1: If you want to go guard second, Round Jonifer, ZONA i would be so put it. Right i'm not a fan of you don't Like. Jonnifer i'm shocked that you don't Like. Jonnifer he would be the GUY i am, stunned.
Speaker 5: You, know watching.
Speaker 4: HIM i just didn't see a guy that got a bunch of. Push you, know he's a stalemate. Guy he's a head on the head guy to, Me BUT i don't think he's athletic enough to be head on haad. Guy if you're gonna be head on, head don't whoop you guys at least needs to be a super, athlete you. Know so the center From Ohio, state at least he's an, athlete but he doesn't whoop folk like. That jonah just didn't whoop bodies like.
Speaker 2: That if you're gonna be pinning poll type of a, team or you're gonna play the outside leagues and stuff like. THAT i don't know If jonah is that guy for. YOU i THINK i think in a small, AREA i think he's really, yeah, both but when it has to, EXTEND i think there's some problems.
Speaker 7: THERE i think as a past, protector though you're talking about run, well they brought him. IN i, mean his past protection is as good AS i think he's.
Speaker 2: Fine but, MAN i would, SAY i would say if for pinned pole, stuff.
Speaker 4: Yeah you're, right BECAUSE i got a kolbe FROM i was much much better at all those.
Speaker 5: Things in my personal.
Speaker 1: OPION i got notes Against Case state that he did struggle to get around the. Edge and Then memboo if he's there at. TWELVE i Like memboo as a guard as. WELL i think that could be a guy that's an athlete twenty years. Old you play him at right. Guard that'd be awesome to. Me i'd be in on. That, okay how are you, doing? Sir, Well, HEY i just want to Say i'm a big. FAN i moved here from Southern california two years. Ago been listening to the fan for a long. Time big fan Of brian and all the guys at The, star and that's WHY i moved. Here SO i actually live at The. Star so my question is for the last two year or two and a half years, now it's been my second draft being at The. Star and being at The, star we get to see a lot of the kids working out of The texas kids come and work, out and so last YEAR i was there with some of my buddies ex lineman for The, cowboys and these guys are still, big and we were hanging out With, sweat the big, noseguard and that's the GUY i wanted because we haven't had a noseguard in fifty. Years we can't stop to, run and we were all hanging out with, him and let's just say he made our ex lineman look. Small and some of these ex linemen Are Pro bowl. Guys one of, them you, know has a gold. Jacket and we asked, him we, said who is the best offensive tackle that you go up? Against he, said without a, doubt he, goes the one guy that kicks my butt every day Is. Banks and the other day Saw. Banks banks is a. Man banks is a. Man and so we went up and we talked to. Him we told him the. Story we, said you, know your Buddy sweat last year said you're the man you, Guys he, goes, oh, yeah you, know we give it to each other all the. Time so my question, is we all know The cowboys need a running back we Have there's not a starting running back on this. Team we got a bunch of guys that are going to sell insurance in a few. Months we have no running. Backs but talking to my buddies that are ex alignment for The, cowboys all, say you can't have a running game unless you have a. Line, sure we have nothing at right, tackle don't really have much a left. Tackle we have a stud at Left guarden we have a good young. Center my question is if somehow The cowboys were to drop back a few, picks we go from twelve to sixteen to maybe. Seventeen could The, cowboys if he's, there possibly look At banks and taking a look At Tyler, geydon who's not a real big Physical he doesn't look like a left. Tackle he looks like a small. Forward would there be any way of Taking Tyler geydon and moving him to right, tackle where he's played his whole, career Move banks to left, tackle and then start building out that, way and then in the, second, third fourth round we go get our running. Back is that something that maybe could.
Speaker 9: Happen, yeah that's a really solid.
Speaker 8: Question IF i could Start fellas here on this. ONE a couple of THINGS i want to point on with that. One Covin banks is a thirty visit, guy, right so someone they are taking a hard look.
Speaker 9: At he's a dominant.
Speaker 8: Player he's huge talking about before the College Football, playoff and he had a couple of bad games in the. Playoff he's a top ten, player AND i think we talk about him being than are more alignment off the board a lot.
Speaker 9: More than we already.
Speaker 8: Do as far as the idea of moving him to left tackle guiding to right, TACKLE i think this is kind of an overarching thing on The Terrence steele. CONVERSATION i don't think there's a player on this roster that benefits more from this coaching change Than Terrence. Steele, yeah and the reason for that Is Clayton adams and what he's going to be bringing from a pen and pool. Perspective Brian, schottenheimer his intention and also his knowledge of what he has had with with With Terrence, STEELE i think is really gonna benefit his. GAME i Think Terrence steele just bought two more years with this team than he had prior to this coaching. Change that's that's my. OPINION i could be wrong on, that and we could be right back here next. Year you can Say i'm an, idiot BUT i THINK i Think Terrence steele is going to be fine at that right tackle.
Speaker 9: Spot.
Speaker 8: Now, granted you still gotta figure out right. Guard Could Calvin banks be a right? GUARD i feel like that would be a lot of Moving but if that's a type of player that is there for you at like a seventeen or an eighteen RIGHT i, mean he's a GUY i have a first round grade on and If i'm at seventeen or, eighteen there's probably not.
Speaker 9: Many first round grades.
Speaker 8: Left If i'm sicking to my, board then Then i'm picking the GUY i.
Speaker 11: THINK i think Fixing steel or making sure somebody was going to come in here and work With steele and get him back to where he. WAS i think that was a big part of what they were trying to figure out in terms of rebuilding the offensive. Line SO i think they're they're committed to. HIM i think that that was probably one of the underdiscussed storylines with the old coaching staff Was Mike silari didn't Like Terrence. Steel Terrence steele felt like he didn't get a lot of the coaching that he. Wanted SO i think that was a that was a big topic for them when they moved on From. SOLARIA i think was just the stunting Of Terrence steele's. DEVELOPMENT i will Say banks moving him inside GUARD i think would be more likely than drafting him to play. Tackle, Okay, yeah AND i think there's some question though about for this. TEAM i think there's some question About banks finishing like finishing plays and then being on the interior and being able to do that to The guiden part of. IT i think it's been a little oversold About guiton playing right naturally Because geyiton started what was he tight end or defensive tackle when he got his defensive tackle when he got TO, tcu and he started at right tackle that year At. Oklahoma BUT i mean that was, like it's not like he spent his whole life. There SO i, MEAN i think The cowboys felt like the footwork is there to be a left. Tackle that's what we heard from the scouts the day On day three last year was they felt like the footwork in the hands were that of a left, tackle and that it's not like he had spent so much time at right tackle that he had developed habits that were going to be really difficult to.
Speaker 14: Change, yeah but is he big enough because in, person he's not a dominating looking.
Speaker 1: Guy he's not what.
Speaker 11: Is he six six two or six x?
Speaker 9: Three?
Speaker 1: Yeah a fill.
Speaker 5: Out, yeah he's.
Speaker 9: You he would certainly look the.
Speaker 14: Part, well thank you, guys thank, you and just one guy for you guys to look. UP i forget the kid's, name but this kid could be the stud of the entire. Draft he's a running back From Cal. Davis this kid catches. Runs this, kid this, kid this kid in the, fourth fifth, round could be the next number one back in all of.
Speaker 1: Football this, kid he just.
Speaker 9: Became my favorite person in.
Speaker 7: Here Nick, Nick, nick give us the Sky.
Speaker 9: Larson we brought.
Speaker 1: Him up on the show Last Twitter. Lately.
Speaker 8: Yeah twenty three hundred total yards last. Year in twenty twenty, four when we talk about, fcs guys needed to walk on. Water we had a skip on. Water this guy was just hovering above the. Water he had a hoverboard above that.
Speaker 5: Water he was.
Speaker 9: Flying, yeah he could be a three.
Speaker 8: Down back six foot, two fifteen early down physicality and ability to easily get into the second. Level he's got the receiving ability sixty two receptions last. Year he's got the pass. Protection you can deploy him in the. SLOT i, mean this is a really talented. Player thank you for bringing him.
Speaker 5: Up are you smile so?
Speaker 9: BIG i didn't expect to talk about.
Speaker 5: It that's a dough for.
Speaker 1: Me what is? Up how are you?
Speaker 26: Sir hey, fellas my name Is. Kevin let me take you back twenty twenty ONE Nfl.
Speaker 1: DRAFT i had THE tv.
Speaker 26: On you didn't want to watch or listen to that draft show on my, computer watch his live stream on my phone. APPRECIATION i believe it was second round. Draft Kelvin joseph watched might win a little crazy.
Speaker 1: In a good or bad?
Speaker 5: Way action maybe right, now but.
Speaker 26: Ceedee lamb dropped at, seventeen, Right? Kylie did you run for? HIM i ran a half marathon for.
Speaker 1: Him he ran a half marathon.
Speaker 7: FORM i made a bet and lost BECAUSE i didn't think he would drop AND i didn't think they'd take. Him so, Right so teams suck a draft random from my apartment to The star and.
Speaker 26: Back what's a player that could drop the second third?
Speaker 1: Round that should not be?
Speaker 11: There and, Yeah i'll throw it out.
Speaker 26: FIRST i might be the only one in the, room BUT i have At buka as my top.
Speaker 1: Receiver you, Know i'm high floor. Guy you got a good eye there with The Mega. Buka that's that's one of the savings players in the entire. DRAFT i think that could be a guy who could. Fall though if you're talking about a potential.
Speaker 3: Fall he.
Speaker 1: Shouldn't he. Shouldn't he should be a top twenty pick in this.
Speaker 7: Draft but if you're talking about a guy because he doesn't have the high. Upside AND i Know brian loves that conversation of ceiling versus.
Speaker 3: Floor he.
Speaker 7: Doesn't the part Of Mecca buka is.
Speaker 1: The fact that he has the floor.
Speaker 7: Right but some of these teams may, Say, Okay i'm gonna take this guy who.
Speaker 1: Has more traits and production over a guy Like.
Speaker 7: Ibuka that shouldn't happen team sucker, Drafting and at this the same, time it's gonna be one of those conversations down the.
Speaker 1: Line BUT i think he would be a.
Speaker 4: Possibility let me just, Say Kelvin joseph was good enough to be a second round. Pick he just wanted to be a rap and he didn't want to look.
Speaker 11: Me washing just me Washing.
Speaker 4: Field how AM i supposed to know that he wanted to be a rapping real, like you know WHAT i? Mean so SO i can't be wrong with. That was he a first round player for? You, no, Sir no, Sir no player for. Me but you, know just talking about a guy that that's probably gonna fall in the, draft that has no business fall in the. Draft, tommy why don't you tell us about our safety From? Texas that's the that's the best safety in the Playoffs Andrew Luba.
Speaker 6: MACOUBA i think if if he does fall, BY i think it's gonna be because he might be too small for some.
Speaker 1: Teams, Sure and it's a it's a shame.
Speaker 6: That people feel that, way Because i'm glad that watches with me on. This this is a guy who flies all over The there we, go, now we're, now we're rolling. Now this is a guy who flies all over the. Field even at his time At, clemson it just didn't really pop as. Much when he transferred To, texas they needed him to pop in that, secondary and he.
Speaker 1: Did this is a guy who was all over the. Field if you want to watch some of.
Speaker 6: The best safety tape that you'll see from this, class turn on The Texas michigan game from earlier this. Season he played fantastic Against. Michigan he was great down the stretch at the game winning interception Against Arizona. State we talked About Billy bauman being a right guy at the right place type of. Player andrew mccooba is the same, way AND i feel like if he takes the next step in the run game and kind of being able to fill that part of his game, out which is still a pretty solid run. Defender you're talking about a guy who's going to be in the league for ten twelve.
Speaker 9: Years he'd be the First cowboy in history to be born In.
Speaker 8: Zimbabwe cares about pretty.
Speaker 2: Amazing what about a guy that might slide is Our East carolina.
Speaker 9: CORN i was gonna bring it up like a seventy six type.
Speaker 8: Situation is the more MOCKS i, see the MORE i see him of the, top the MORE i see him at the top of that third savon.
Speaker 9: Ravel, yeah and that's that would be surprise to.
Speaker 8: Me but you, know the more mocks THAT i see from people THAT i trust in the industry have him at the top of that third. Round AND i wonder how much the medicals are really. CONCERNING i said that there is more to the medicals than we.
Speaker 9: Don't.
Speaker 2: NO i talked to a couple of trainers and a couple of doctors about, him because that's a GUY i have a first round grade.
Speaker 1: On and.
Speaker 2: The medical for that was. Fine everything was. Fine there was nothing like, hey they, like you don't have to worry about this. Guy Doctor Cooper Dan, cooper who's The cowboys team, doctor has done five different surgeries for kids in this.
Speaker 1: Draft so you don't worry about those.
Speaker 2: Kids BUT i think this is a guy that if you, say you do grab one of these wide receivers at at at their spot at, twelve and you turn around forty four and hit this, kid you know now you're now you're cooking in my, opinion BECAUSE i think this, kid if he didn't hurt his, knee he'd be the best corner in this.
Speaker 8: Draft great the one year of starting experience in The American, conference as that concern, You.
Speaker 3: No not.
Speaker 11: REALLY i really Like Tyler williams From Ohio, state AND i think he's gonna be there at forty four in all, likelihood and that to me is a guy who should go much higher than. That and So Tyler williams to, me the defensive tackle From Ohio, state it's a and you go to look at another defense, TACK i Think Kenneth grant's probably gonna go lower THAN i would want him.
Speaker 4: To, Really Bobby, BELT i don't want hold, on bron hold, on, please hold, on, Please.
Speaker 3: We're gonna get. It we're gonna get A williams fight.
Speaker 4: HERE i don't, know but just hold, On Bobby. Belt where were you at in Our draft show group?
Speaker 1: Chat or.
Speaker 5: WHATEVER i was on The draft show doing my.
Speaker 4: THING i was, like, hey, Man Tyler williams due and Uh zach and Damn tommy.
Speaker 1: Here Alpha college is just a better player For, conn a better Over Tyler williams all day every, Day.
Speaker 5: Zach hold, on, Man i'm talking To bobby belt.
Speaker 4: Please, Okay, bobby who who do you have on your?
Speaker 5: Stack? Higher you Got Tyler williams From Ohio? State you got. All don't don't be.
Speaker 1: Disrespectful Now i've Got Tyler.
Speaker 5: Williams thank, You Bobby.
Speaker 11: Belt, no And i'm A texis, fan But Tyler williams to me was. Third look to, me thank you.
Speaker 1: The smartest ones on the. Panel.
Speaker 11: Here the way people talk about the way people talk About Luther, burden Wrong, Luther but the way people talk About Luther burton is HOW i feel About Tyler. Williams where it's, like was twenty three better than twenty?
Speaker 27: Four?
Speaker 11: Yeah like was twenty four not quite what you'd want out of?
Speaker 24: Him?
Speaker 11: Yeah but to, ME i THINK i see enough consistently with him THAT i, said that's somebody who is really versatile to be able to use on the defensive, line somebody who the way THAT i, mean he, is to, me such a great mental processor at stuff with, screens draw, plays different things like, that he sees things really. Quickly he's able to disengage from. BLOCKS i Love Tyler. WILLIAMS i think he's really really, good AND i think a lot of the issues that he does have are just about expanding his. Toolbox what does the league say about? Him By, bill let's just keep talking about. LEAGUE i think the league thinks less of him THAN i. DO i don't think the. LEAGUE i don't think the league thinks poorly HE'S i think he's somewhere in that. Range second, round early second round Towards dallas has Picked.
Speaker 4: Yes willlchuck And tommy loudly jumped me aut This Afric College Tyler.
Speaker 1: WILLIAMS i just Think tylerek is such a. DUDE i THINK i Like Tyler. WILLIAMS i just Like Alfred collins For. Collins it's not to Down Tyler. Williams he's a good. Player i've got it in the second, round BUT i like al For. Collins, BOY i would just take out For collins before.
Speaker 26: HIM i love, you say appreciate, it thank, you, gentlemen thank, you thank.
Speaker 1: You what do we got that. Had how are, You? Matthew what's, up Matt i'm, Good. Matthew. Good good to see.
Speaker 4: You, uh fan of all of, You tommy And, nick my. Guys we came in the media game together in twenty eighteen and work with you guys in twenty. Nineteen Water Burger Friday Night. Star sure you're, right, baby good, Season, yes, sure, yes, sir that was a good. Time, botch thank you for coming. Out brought us you the man you, Also, bobby thank. YOU i don't care what they say about.
Speaker 12: YOU i love.
Speaker 5: You SO i have a couple of, questions.
Speaker 4: AND i may get fired by some for, this But i'm asking, anyway wishful thinking on my part BECAUSE i really want to boaster this defensive tackle room some. More what would it take to go up and Get Mason grant and then number? Two he made me forgive him a question.
Speaker 11: Defense?
Speaker 4: Question uh, yeah going up to Take Mason graham number one and then number? Two Ali. GORDON i feel like he's A James connor. Clone where can we get?
Speaker 11: Him, Okay i'll speak To gordon. FIRST i Think gordon's probably gonna be a third round. Guy third fourth is WHERE i would guess BUT i, MEAN i Know i've asked About Ollie gordon before because of somebody in this room that's a Big Oklahoma state fan and Loves Olli, Gordon Olliy. GORDON i think general thought from a lot of people is that's just, consistent, steady all, around three down type of back that the league is fond. Of it's just such a stack of running back. Class it kind of depends on the ice cream question That brian talks. About people like different. Flavors SO i Think Ally gordon probably if you're gonna try to get, him probably third or fourth, round.
Speaker 1: Where would you have to go get? Him probably?
Speaker 7: Five, Right, yeah you probably go up and get him At jacksonville at. FIVE i think there's a chance they take. Gent but then that would throw things. Off but let's just say to be, safe you'd have to go up to. Five on the trade chart That i'm looking, at it's five hundred points and your second round pick is only worth four. Sixty so it would take your second round, pick and it would probably take A day three pick too to try and piece it together and go up and get. Him do, ye that's the red flag alert right.
Speaker 5: THERE i THINK i think that's the.
Speaker 4: Move they need to make package those pigs to go up and get him because he is an impact player and he can change the culture as, well because we also need to change. That we need to work towards changing the. Culture that's part of. It get, him let him anchor that front. Seven and, also are we giving up on Brock hoffmann right guard at?
Speaker 5: All?
Speaker 1: No, no, okay no, no BECAUSE.
Speaker 5: I think that's the.
Speaker 4: MAN i think he's ready to Step are the cowboys giving up on Brock?
Speaker 5: Hoffman?
Speaker 4: No? No WOULD i like to move on From, look, no, dude man shotside the. Man bron's done nothing but his, job you know What i'm, saying shotside the. BROUN i just would like more powerful, guards that's. All AND i THINK i Think brock does a really good job as hat on hat, guy letting guys kind of read or. Whatever BUT i just prefer bodies to.
Speaker 5: Move AND i.
Speaker 4: Think SOMETIMES i get tired of Watching brock fall on people that's falling down already and him getting up like he knocked them.
Speaker 5: Down you know What i'm.
Speaker 4: Saying, swhere if you watch Like booker or something From, Alabama booker moves children from POINT a to POINT b makes them, fall then he falls on.
Speaker 5: THEM i Just.
Speaker 4: Hoffman hoffman might be as good as he's gonna be right. NOW i hope he, does you know What i'm. Saying BUT i THINK i Think hoffman is as good as a interior offensive line depth piece as you can. Get you, know just a guy that can play the guards for, you that can play the center FOR i love that for.
Speaker 5: HIM i love. IT i think he's.
Speaker 4: Fantastic AND i think The cowboys should have leaders that, start leaders that's. Backups, yeah you know What i'm, Saying leaders on on on on. Teams they should have all types of. Leaders but, Boy Tyler booker at right got to be a much.
Speaker 11: Better leader something something we don't ever.
Speaker 4: Know And Tyron craft was a, leader he wouldn't crazy crazy like, this.
Speaker 11: Something we don't always know until we get into the season and we kind of see how things. Developed this is the time of year where we don't. Know how does the new coaching staffeelbout different guys in different. Positions LIKE i, said there were there was a few years Ago Joe philbin Loved Terrence steele and that was a big leg up For Terrence steel Over Brandon. Knight at the, time and and he ended up being. Right there were a lot of people that were critical of, it myself, included and he ended up being getting everything out of it that he could. Coaching change happens and all of a, Sudden Mike salari doesn't Like Terrence steel very, much and now they've got somebody else in here who does who in theory does like, Him and that was a big part of the. Pitch SO i think For hoffman it just is gonna come down to who's you, know does he have, fans does he have the sponsor in the building Is brian's talked about. Before that's gonna be a big thing for his. Future BUT i also think Brock, hoffman with Everything schottenheimer's talked about with toughness and culture and different things like, That hoffman is all of. That and he's a unit. Player he's not like a standalone great. Guard but if you're talking about can he complete a unit or can he serve a role within a unit with some of the toughness and the, Nastiness, yeah they just may feel like they can find that with other players who are.
Speaker 1: Better, yeah, DUDE i think you get. Upgrades why at milaatt Of West. VIRGINIA i think it is an. Upgrade Tyler, brooker if you talked about it's an. Upgrade Donovan, Jackson Ohio, state if you took him at forty, FOUR i think that's an. Upgrade there's quite a Few, membo if you were to take him at, twelve that's an upgrade right. There you can upgrade Over Brock. Coffin but the agitator that he, is he's a fun player to have on your football. Team thank you.
Speaker 9: Very, much thanks for being.
Speaker 14: Here.
Speaker 1: Matt how are, you? Sir i'm doing all.
Speaker 5: Right my name Is.
Speaker 28: CASH i just want to say thank you for putting this. Together it's a lot of people out here to really enjoyed the draft, process AND i just want to say thank you for putting this.
Speaker 5: Together From.
Speaker 28: No five to three to the, Fan Dallas Cowboys, radio Watch, BRIAN i watch out every.
Speaker 18: Day and, okay so my question is What steven has said about the number two receiver needing an explosive number two.
Speaker 28: Receiver and you know a lot of mocks have tied tit to The cowboys just saying we don't know how the board is gonna fall when it comes to. Twelve but just, Say ted is there at? Twelve what are the chances that they pick a receiver not Named ted McMillan at, twelve somebody like A matthew gold pretty, high somebody that you know brings, speed route, running you, know. Explosiveness and then another QUESTION i have is what are the chances Of Travy Young henderson being there at forty?
Speaker 9: Four, yes, sir do you saw with a much easier.
Speaker 8: QUESTION i don't Think henderson is gonna be there at forty. FIVE i THINK i think he's the first round, guy and if he's, not he's gonna be one of those names at the top of the second round BECAUSE i think there's gonna be a run of backs from about thirty three to thirty nine. ISH i think he's gonna be one of the first ones off the board. There If henderson is there forty, four that's the one WHERE i do WITH cd watched.
Speaker 5: It WITH Cd.
Speaker 9: Lamb that would be that would be the pick of the.
Speaker 28: Draft he reminds me Of Tony, pollard but he just can pass to take.
Speaker 9: Better, yeah, yeah He's he's a, dangerous dangerous.
Speaker 7: Weapon so why did you want to avoid The Matthew golden and McMillan.
Speaker 9: QUESTION i just answered the easier.
Speaker 28: One, Now brian has said something last week and he says something About jerry And. Steven they're gonna bring Up mingo as far as a receiver with, size the big bodied, acts the big the big body.
Speaker 12: You.
Speaker 11: Have absolutely when they Picked Mazzie, smith they had a very intense debate in in the draft room about we found it was berger that a very intense debate in there WITH i think If golden and McMillan are, there like you're gonna see probably similar type of intense discussion where there are people WHO i think like McMillan, moore there are people who Like Golden, moore and they're two very different types of skill sets for the receiver. POSITION i think The mingo factor is interesting BECAUSE i think The, mingo the fact That mingo didn't get on the field consistently at the end of the, SEASON i think was something that really irritated The joneses for all the positive things they had to say about the relationship With mike McCarthy at the AND i think that was one source subject where they were, wondered why Couldn't Jonathan mingo get on the field after we gave up capital for. Him So mingo's somebody that they are still banking. On AND i think when you Hear schottenheimer talk at the meetings In florida That nick was, at you hear him mention about, how, hey, look a big part of what our job here as coaches is to get the most out of the guys that are already here and to level those guys. Up AND i think a big name that you think of instantly when you hear him say that Is?
Speaker 5: Mingo, YEAH i, mean is?
Speaker 28: It can we really just Judge mingo because he didn't get the opportunity to play With?
Speaker 1: Dad, True it's.
Speaker 5: True he. Was he was catching passes From Cooper.
Speaker 11: Rush he played his ass off and if you want to talk in run block and some of the things he put on tap quitting. Him he really gave a lot of. Effort Cooper rush wasn't EXACTLY i think A mingo friendly. Quarterback BUT i think that that's somebody that they're not far removed from thinking was a second round type of.
Speaker 1: Player thank, YOU i appreciate. IT i appreciate.
Speaker 28: You thank.
Speaker 1: You thanks you for keelling all, right what do we? Got what's?
Speaker 14: Up?
Speaker 1: Man how's it Going waldell?
Speaker 29: Here first of, All first of, all let's Give ron applause For botch because he's been playing his.
Speaker 1: Outfit, yeah he's. OUTFIT i saw him get on it out in the.
Speaker 9: PARK i think he's.
Speaker 29: Ready he's ready to. Roll he's ready to. Roll let's have. Fun your last name Is. JONES i want you to look at your. Board it doesn't matter whose link To. DALLAS i want you to.
Speaker 1: Pick your favorite guy to pick up, twelve regardless of.
Speaker 29: Need who's your first round guys that you look, at where's your donovant as a. Roku if you want to Take Mike, green you can Take Josh. SIMMONS i want you to have fun with. It your last SAMs. Jones need doesn't. Matter who's your.
Speaker 4: Guy this is WHERE i really hope that The joneses were more proactive in signing and trading to go and get guys like we had a really competent wide receiver two situation and we could Just, okay we're The. Eagles we got The eagles, roster we got the best of. Everything you can just get. Anything i'm Getting Josh.
Speaker 5: Simmons.
Speaker 4: MAN i just Think josh is a, guy AND i think he's a guy that could be there for. Us AND i think he's a guy that if he was in last year's class with all those top tier, TACKLES i think he's amongst that group of. Guys and you, know nothing against the guys that we have on the roster right, now but IF i could get, HIM i really feel like he's a dude that's gonna be playing tackle for you for a long. Time BUT i think everybody on the panel's probably saying they're running back From. Boise But i'll let y'all say, Yeah AND i agree With.
Speaker 1: Joshon he's my fourth. Guy he's my fourth overall player on the.
Speaker 7: Board now we're talking, realistic, yeah And Gentz. Is depending on who you talk, To genc may not be a realistic one. Either you, know he may be yonder that point as. Well oh there you, go good job day.
Speaker 9: Out if we're not going Jen z Mine is McMillan would. Be McMillan's a he's a top five player on my. BOARD i think HE'S i think He's Michael.
Speaker 8: THOMAS i think he's gonna be that type of talent in THE. Nfl there's not many all pro players in this. CLASS i don't think that's why there's a limited amount of first round. Grades BUT i think he's certainly one of those, players AND i think he's gonna be that type of talent in THE, nfl even if you do pair him in a receiving.
Speaker 29: Corps do you gotta think and mega book is the first round grade for?
Speaker 15: Them for?
Speaker 11: Them FOR i don't think, So i'll say McMillan's the. Answer if you want a different answer though somebody WHO i don't think he's gonna, lied but if some people just have too many questions ABOUT i can't figure out where EXACTLY i want to play. Him if you could get down to, IT i would Love Will. CAMPBELL i really Like Will campbell out OF. Lsu he's the top five player to. Me BUT i, mean, yeah the guy That i've circled for a while now Is teed. McMillan i, mean you, Know nick brings him up As Michael Thomas i'd put in my notes on COMP i Put Brandon marshall like. That to, me is the is the. Type he's a top three player to, ME i love the three guys at the top THAT i have, graded and That's Hunter gent and. McMillan and outside of, that their guys are good or THAT i, like and there's some, separation but to, me those are the three THAT i really.
Speaker 29: Love, Yeah i'll give you another one though in the second. Round, YEAH i got, you got. You this team likes that surprises in the second. Round last, year not none of us Have Marshall kneeling going in the second not not. One mark had Not marshall N neeling getting. There who's a pick that would have shocked you or was shocked.
Speaker 1: You at forty?
Speaker 29: Four but it's a realistic shock, there like A Josh farmer Or Jordan birds From, Oregon Carson swessinger.
Speaker 7: From uclawers that would be one at forty four where linebacker may not be your number one need.
Speaker 1: Available, there you would still take a really good.
Speaker 5: Player, Well andrew, Mccoob i'd be.
Speaker 1: Befuddled it would be a good, one would be. Funny what, Up Rodeo? Ron how are you? Sir first of, ALL i.
Speaker 19: Think we got someone that's picking up WHERE i left off to.
Speaker 11: Go thank you guys for having us.
Speaker 1: Here, again and thank God nico and UR gm.
Speaker 3: Too.
Speaker 1: Guys gotta throw that.
Speaker 19: In he would already trade In Michael parsons for a twenty thirty two pick or something and The. Eagles, anyways my question is if you took your mock draft that you have, it you're pick at number. Twelve you, know The cowboys have only had three number twelve picks in the whole franchise. History we won't talk About Daddy, noonan But Jerry jones had two of those Pick Alvin, HARPER. Michaeh. Parsons, okay the player you have on your mock draft at number, twelve could they live up and make an impact on This Dallas cowboys team Like Michael parson did a few years, ago Like Alvin harper, did and what to?
Speaker 4: See this class is, different, Man this this class is uh is not as not as packed as that Class michael was in where you Had slater up there and all those other guys in J Mar. Chase so we had to account for inflation with with with this. Class so, uh McMillan to be a guy that regardless of, position regardless of. Position SO i think the best chance you have of getting the top tier type player that will get to as close As mike as you can get Is ted. McMillan that's that's as close you're gonna. Get but all the rest of the, guys, oh the rest of the Guy we didn't lose enough games to get genty And.
Speaker 1: Carter, yeah Because gentle would be that. Guy but, UNFORTUNATELY i Think ted McMillan realistically at twelve would be the only guy that possibly can live up to those.
Speaker 11: Expectations you can Find Alvin, Harper it's going to be really difficult to Find Michael.
Speaker 1: Parsons where you? At how are?
Speaker 12: You?
Speaker 1: Sir we got Another texas, longhorn that's, Right.
Speaker 30: Carolinas, okay you KNOW i gotta Rep Boast coast wrapped the coast over.
Speaker 1: There, hey, uh they call me the.
Speaker 30: Ethnicity went to high school and BROKEN Arrowba tigers for.
Speaker 1: Life No trojans in this.
Speaker 30: House he had to get that out.
Speaker 9: There.
Speaker 30: Uh i'm a little, dude but and and you, know the little dudes kind of get slept. On So i'm all about the. Sleepers SO i got one sleeper name for. You and THEN i got a dude that should be talked about a little bit. MORE i want to know why he's not high on The cowboys. Board first one Is rashaan Uh.
Speaker 1: UH i forgot his. Name he is. Sleeping he is, Sleeping Rashawn.
Speaker 30: Baker all, right he's a running. Back i'm taking taking him late. Round we can, wait get him mid round back Like, martinez you know something like.
Speaker 1: That you get this, Dude Rashawn. BAKER i want your thoughts on this.
Speaker 30: Dude and then why is my Man John Day baron not on the tip of everybody's list for The. Cowboys why don't we just just just go ahead and make it.
Speaker 5: Happen DB's for.
Speaker 1: LIFE i think it's the. Size it's the size With baron.
Speaker 2: Measurable early with when we're asking about the position specifics that you, know there's certain parameters that they live in and some of these organizations they live with them and they die with them. Too you, know if you do watch the, tape you, KNOW i mean this, KID i think this GUY'S i think He's trent. McDuffie i really. Do when you talk About, BARON i think he's that type of. Player but, yeah they you live and die with the, measurables and that's what that's what that happens.
Speaker 1: There, YEAH i think they just want to play bigger on the. Outside But baron's a hell of a. PLAYER i, mean he lit up getting to go Against Jeremiah smith, said put me on, him give me my. Shot it was fun to. Watch thank you for the.
Speaker 8: Question, HOWEVER fcs walking on, waters this guy walking on water and you're, OPINION.
Speaker 1: I think probably undrafted.
Speaker 9: Guy you know, WHAT i will go back and watch the tape just for. THAT i. Will he's got.
Speaker 7: Heart he ran a four or five to, Two so that's THAT'S i, mean that's.
Speaker 1: All i've got on. Him we'll figure that out down.
Speaker 22: There hey, good my Name's.
Speaker 31: Lawrence i've been A cowboys fan since nineteen sixty. FOUR i believe in the, lines the offensive and defensive. Line so IF i was drafting in this, DRAFT i would Take simmons and Then jackson as my first two.
Speaker 22: Picks that should make your running, game receivers and all.
Speaker 3: That An Ohio state fan is what we sound like there ah.
Speaker 1: Two really good.
Speaker 22: Picks more of A texas. Fan but, ANYWAY i got kind.
Speaker 31: Of a what would you do question if The cowboys do take McMillan at twelve and then you get wiped out with your, linebackers your one, text your, cornerbacks and Your Luther burden was sitting.
Speaker 22: There at forty.
Speaker 31: Four would you take him because he's the best player on the board or would you move?
Speaker 1: On AM i not allowed to take a running back there at?
Speaker 22: All your your running backs are all. Gone your lineback.
Speaker 1: Burden. Falls that would be tough to go back to back wide. Receivers but it'd be, fun wasn't?
Speaker 32: That?
Speaker 1: Though that'd be getting. CRAZY i don't think do you want.
Speaker 9: Your day two pick? THOUGH i mean you could get Your day two pick right? There Luther burton's, here give us a.
Speaker 5: Call, well, well let me.
Speaker 9: ONE a Eight Luther burden.
Speaker 5: Three well what IF i did?
Speaker 4: That IF i did, That, brian would you know get on to me by window dressing a. Board you know What i'm, Saying burden is a is a round one grade for. Me SO i would look at it and, go, damn, MAN i just took a wide receiver. Here it's either my second round lineback or my first round wide. Receiver so, yeah we look crazy doubling down that wide. Receiver, boy you just got two first round greater wide receivers in.
Speaker 5: This that that's. Fun that's fun in.
Speaker 8: Essence in, essence you did just draft three, receivers, though because mingoes.
Speaker 11: Your fourth round pick and you just Paid, turpe so we're not gonna run the ball at. All if that's their, SCENARIO i think they're trying to.
Speaker 2: Bail, Yeah i'll tell you WHAT i would, do, THOUGH i don't think you can wipe me out, there because at forty, FOUR i take Grades, ABEL i take the, center and Now i'm sure about moving guys and.
Speaker 1: Stuff now you just kicked being able to write guard.
Speaker 2: JUST i would just, say, okay if if all my guys are, gone give, me give me who we think that the best center is and then go about your.
Speaker 1: Business or Maybe Maason taylor from l S u if he said the tight.
Speaker 3: END i don't think wipe. THEM i don't think you can wipe them.
Speaker 1: Out, YEAH i don't. Either thank you for the. Question, sure thank you the window. Board hey you doing? Sir how's it?
Speaker 24: Going?
Speaker 1: Guys my name Is gunner From. Oregon Moved texas about a year. Ago watch all you, guys.
Speaker 33: Vouch, brian like you, Guys Bobby, kyle you.
Speaker 1: Know go down the.
Speaker 33: List my question for you guys would be kind of two scenarios and how you would feel about. Them you get ten at twelve and then you get to take stabs in the second and third, round or move back get a fourth round pick and you also Get. Egbuka how would you kind of feel about you, know those two scenarios and what would you like?
Speaker 4: MORE i think you draft to get the best possible dudes you. Can the fourth round pick would be, cool but we got a bunch of fives that'll be the same thing as that fourth kind of. Sorder so if it's the dude THAT i like a bunch And ted versus the dude THAT i like a little bit in a, BOOKAH i gotta like a. Book he's a good, Player LIKE i Think ted is a bona fide. GUY i just take the bona fide, guy because you draft to get as many of those dudes as you.
Speaker 33: Can, now what if you got like a second or third round pick from, it that's?
Speaker 5: Different then what are you?
Speaker 3: Different trying to draw in the?
Speaker 4: FIGHT i get my line back in my guard then, yeah but but but that's but that's more realistic, though BECAUSE i don't like the all, right, guys we're gonna trade back just to trade, back, Right so now we got to, Ask, okay McMillan's on the, Board seattle, once do you give up McMillan for their second and third or do you heke.
Speaker 5: McMillan AND i think that's a tough. QUESTION i think it's.
Speaker 4: TOUGH i THINK i would take the second and, third but a part of me would love to have, that do you, know jumping over people on my?
Speaker 1: Team you know What i'm.
Speaker 6: SAYING i think McMillan changes this offense entirely just because they need a vertical.
Speaker 1: Threat and you could they could Say Jonathan. Mingo we just don't know.
Speaker 6: Yet that's the thing With Jonathan, mingo cause we don't know yet because we haven't seen enough of.
Speaker 1: Him uh.
Speaker 6: McMillan you're not going to find many guys with his catch radius or his athletic. Ability we've talked about his volleyball background and just some of the things that he's able to do in terms of body control in the. Air it's exactly What dallas is looking. For and so when you've got a player like that, available not that A Mecha buca Or Carson swashinger or anybody that you'd pick up with the second or third round picks wouldn't. Help but if that's your best player up, there and he's a top five player on a lot of people's, boards us.
Speaker 1: Included then you go get. Him you're not passing On. TED i think you run that card. In, yeah, six best player on my. Board, no get him at. Twelve i'm taking him. There thank you very. Much, absolutely thanks.
Speaker 11: Guys, okay if.
Speaker 1: You're not already in, line well this is Probably. Yeah we're not gonna be able to take any more. Questions she's already getting pressed on. Time so let's go a little quago rapido style. Here how are you, doing? Sir i'm pretty. Good my name IS, DJ a big fan of you. GUYS i got a question About Rashad, smith running back FROM, smu AND Dj, giddons WHO i feel like is the sleeper running back From Kansas. State what do you guys think they fall in the. Draft and if we are wiped out at backs.
Speaker 4: From the first and second, round is it enough talent to double dip third round and then later rounds for a?
Speaker 1: Back two? Backs? SHOULD i? Say that's my?
Speaker 21: Question?
Speaker 8: YEAH i think if you're looking At smith And, GIDDINGS i think they're both in that third fourth.
Speaker 9: Range smith is fascinating man with.
Speaker 8: What he brought from his days as a receiver At miami and carrying that backfield role AT smu and excelling with. It it Was it was really special to. See BUT I i have both those guys in the, third fourth. RANGE i think that's probably where they end. Up i'm a little bit lower On giddins than, most BUT i understand the appeal With. Giddins he's a, long slender frame and it doesn't really come with contact balance in my, Opinion BUT i understand the appeal On.
Speaker 9: GIDDINS i guess you.
Speaker 6: Would Say i've Got giddins And smith touching tags in the fourth. Round giddins Above smith for, me but you could really sell me either. WAY i think on either of those two, guys and as far as double dipping with maybe a third and in the, SEVENTH.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't hate.
Speaker 6: IT i just don't know if they would do, it considering they've already Got Duce, Fong Javonte, williams And Miles sanders already on the. Roster but with how deep this running class running back class, is there are guys you know That i've got in the seventh like Ja Quinton jackson From arkansas or you Know Ulysses bentley From Ole miss that could make a lot of sense.
Speaker 7: THERE i think if you're gonna double dip at running, back AND i would even throw wide receiver into this category because you do have names on your roster that you have either invested in or have at least seen develop over these last couple of. Years if you're going to double, dip it would have to be probably a premium, pick so one of those top three picks and then early day three in order to really make the value there and put some players on your roster that can contend with those guys we've Mentioned turpin and get him getting paid and the investment made In mingo running backs the same kind of. THING i, mean Douce vaughan's not guaranteed a roster spot at the end of the. Day get somebody to come in and challenge. Him and if you have a number one running back up at the, top he may be the odd man out in that. Regard there's two backs to catch the ball really well in this. Draft Lequentin allen From syracuse is another. One smith And alan would be. Too if that's what the type of guy you're looking.
Speaker 1: For, Yeah i've got both of the fourth as, well and you mentioned it the former receiver there For Richard. Smith it's, interesting it. Is that's, fun BUT i would double dip. There i'd probably just take my guy and maybe undrafted free agency gonna be some good ones. There how are you doing?
Speaker 32: Well my name Is alex uh just a big fan of all you guys Watch.
Speaker 1: Brian thanks. RIGHT i guess my question.
Speaker 32: Is is this team a draft away from being able to? Compete LIKE i GUESS i would just Like penn, scenario like you, know first two, days like if they Draft Matthew golden in round, one they go like a revel false to them at forty four and then you, go you, know you take a pick of a running, back a twotan who's a thirty day visit or like A. Rj harvey type of, Guy like you, know is this, team you, know in a position to put themselves to where they're you, know you got weapons on. Offense you know you might get some guys back on, defense a demo a digs right throughout the. Season is this, team you, know really a draft away from being able to put themselves back into the Division and ultimately.
Speaker 8: YES i think, yes if you hit on these picks on the first two, DAYS i. Think so let's look at it from last, year, right the depth issues that you ran into with all the injuries that happened last. Year you look at That bengals, game you look at The washington. Game how those came down to one. PLAY i mean that team was two plays away from being nine to eight With Koper rushia, quarterback which is crazy to think. About this team is not as far away AS i think people. Think you look at all the all pros on the, roster if they could just stay, healthy you add three impact players in the first three. Rounds if you hit on those first three, guys like you're, SAYING i think you're closer than some might.
Speaker 7: Realize, well we've had this conversation on The Draft show once or twice about the one through ten Conversation, dallas and this coaching staff feels like one through ten this team is as competitive as any other team in THE. Nfl, now eleven through fifty three is where things kind of get nuddied and where you need to add some.
Speaker 1: Guys AND i.
Speaker 7: Think more specifically it's the eleven through. Thirty it's that second tier of guys that if you're gonna have some, injuries you need guys to step up into. Roles it's gonna need you need somebody else to be. There If dallas can find three guys to be even in the eleven through, THIRTY i think this is a completely different.
Speaker 1: Conversation if you if you.
Speaker 11: Hit twelve And guiding And niland step up Big, yeah similar to what happened in twenty one where you Hit parsons and Then lamb And digs stepped, up then, yes but they need.
Speaker 1: That, Yeah i'm with. YOU i think you saw one of these with The saints back in maybe it was twenty. Seventeen they hit On Ryan ram's chick and then it Was Marcus, williams the Safety Alvin, kamara and they were one of the best teams of THE. Nfc they were five hundred team basically prior to. That so if you're able to get three legit starters and also you get growth from some of your guys, internally this team can definitely.
Speaker 2: Improve And philadelphia turn their defense around with draft picks both.
Speaker 1: Corners how are.
Speaker 34: You pretty good, Man Jimori? Woods you and T Grat so let's. Go i'm a big family, guy and SO i wanted The cowboys to draft my Cousin Rick willand in twenty twenty, two but we ended up with To Royan, Bland SO i ain't mad at. It but one quick question, Says i'm a family. Guy how do you guys feel about pair and Azariy A thomas? One, yeah you, know bringing that secondary, together adding the little juice because your family is real tight for.
Speaker 1: Them, sure SO i wonder what you guys think about that.
Speaker 4: Second round corner great, size good, length can. RUN i don't you. Know he doesn't have all the technical corner things down, already but The cowboys love it because they'll take all those traits and they'll boost all that up and coach. HIM i think he'll be good to go on the long, run play outside and inside sure.
Speaker 2: Like, yeah this guy's got really good body control and balance too at. SIX i, mean quarterbacks don't have a lot of success throwing the ball to. Him super, competitive the, length all those things are. Positive the way he. Moves sometimes you worry about a guy that tall being really, leggy and the way he turns not just kid at. All he's a really good player in that.
Speaker 8: Way, yeah despite that, size typically with him being, Leggie, YEAH i have him as one of the best man corners in this, draft AND i still see him as scheme versatile as well off the.
Speaker 11: Field The cowboys love. Him they think he's one of the highest character type of plays in this. Draft so they're big fans of the football character. Too monday Through saturday with.
Speaker 1: Him, yeah won The Bobby Bound Leadership. Award the dude's a high character guy and the tapes matches. IT i, mean he's. AWESOME i dead forty four wouldn't mind that pick at. All thank, You Bobby Quest Leadership, Award Bobby. Bell, Well Bobby.
Speaker 35: Terry would look, Like, hey, Guys Jason, Elliott i'm A U N T r T v f. Alum, yeah the voice, Artist thank, You thank you R I.
Speaker 1: P Professor.
Speaker 35: Mercer, YES i really enjoy y'all on The draft, Show bobby And zach on the, Fan brian on the. Fan really respect y'all's knowledge and really enjoy hearing you.
Speaker 1: Talk cowboys football and.
Speaker 35: Draft thank You tommy And zach for preaching my gospel One. Ted this offense needs. That this offense needs, explosion it needs, domination and that's What ted will. Bring he's that. Friendly dak isn't a consistent accurate. Quarterback so you need a receiver that has a large catch radius Like ted, does and he's a possession, receiver dominant possession. Receiver we need that as. Well my question, is and this is probably more so For brian And, bobby it's because y'all are connected with scouting so. Much i've been watching the draft since nineteen eighty nine And i've always wondered, this what happens with in the scouting world when say a scout who has a high grade on so many, players but then when research is, done those players don't really perform, well and then vice. Versa what happens to scouts who you know who do grade players high and they do pan out and they do match the grades like. Consistently is there are their? Rewards is there like a is there a competition amongst? Scouts it's, like, hey you, KNOW i hit on this many guys and you hit on this many and things like.
Speaker 3: That, yeah if you don't hit, enough you do.
Speaker 2: Media but, yeah it's always no you. Do you do go through and you do deep dives on your and you do deep. Dives sometimes you have scouts that are responsible for certain.
Speaker 1: Positions.
Speaker 2: Uh Tom saskowski used to be a scout with The cowboys who Found Larry, allen you, Know Sonoma state and all, that and really pushed hard for.
Speaker 3: Him tom was the offensive line.
Speaker 2: Guy and so as you're going through, that if you're hitting on those, guys hitting on those, guys that's you, know you acknowledge that if guys that have a high hit rate you when they say, something you, listen maybe a guy that doesn't have who'll, say, okay thank, you is there anything else we got to do? Here you, know that's you really do a GOOD a good director will know which scouts can really are really good at certain positions and if they bring up another position that maybe you.
Speaker 3: Say maybe not. There but you're always evaluating your.
Speaker 11: Guys, yeah AND i think a lot of time the results just for your own team. Matter so Like i've talked to scouts about this, before where it's an issue of you may have had a really high grade on somebody who hit in a big. Way like for, instance let's say somebody with The saints had Said Deron bland is a second round player to, me and then they didn't picked. Around but The saints are not going to remember four years from. Now apparently that you Liked Deran. Bland they're not going to really factor that. In it's just about what did you do for? Us and so, YEAH i think a lot of times it's just who did your team pick and did your you, know projection for them pan? Out less so than what did you have to say about your entire class that year and how did they play out for us or for other?
Speaker 35: Teams great, Question thank, you thank.
Speaker 1: You how are you? Sir pretty?
Speaker 36: Good sean fellow you and t.
Speaker 1: Alone sean.
Speaker 36: Drove up From Port lavaca again. Today Appreciate god for move down there. Easier my question is is we kind of have five positions eating and started this. Year what is the one position you guys have to take away by the end of the day. TOO i know you'all talked About detackle pushing of the fifth running, back push into the fifth kind of name you're you're going to die on this hill by the end of the day.
Speaker 7: Too you, Corner, yeah you a corner somebody that's gonna rotate in because you don't know the health Of Trayvon. Diggs at the start of the, season we saw the rotating door in terms of. Injuries you gotta get some depth, There i'll run a.
Speaker 11: Bit, Yeah i'll be. Different i'll say they need a wide receiver. Too to me that that they they cannot survive based on the weapons they currently.
Speaker 1: Have, YEAH i go wide receiver as. Well, There, bobby.
Speaker 22: That's.
Speaker 37: Up how they're, going, Guys I'm. Colby what's going?
Speaker 12: On?
Speaker 37: MAN i watch all you, guys But i'm wanna watch his. Guys man love you to. Pieces but uh but, yeah, MAN i wanted. TO i know that there's lots of long hornor fans.
Speaker 9: Here don't kill.
Speaker 1: ME i want of them boys out Of, TEXAS a and.
Speaker 9: M u.
Speaker 1: A couple of.
Speaker 37: Them, okay we work a little, bit but, UH i know that we've had lots of talk about those guys out Of texas that we all.
Speaker 1: Love there's lots of guys we.
Speaker 37: LOVE i know that maybe the TASTE a AND m guys aren't players for The cowboys. Specifically BUT i wanted to Ask bobby about what people are saying about Uh Walter nolan's mentality and uh and what kind of general thoughts are on that versus his on field talent versus off field Because i'll let you answer.
Speaker 11: First, Yeah, NO i think That nolan definitely there were questions about his departure FROM a AND m when he went To Ole Miss from People i've talked to Rend leake who have who have dealt, all they all seem to feel generally comfortable with him and and where he's at at this. Stage but, YEAH i think WITH a AND m there was there was considered a lot over the last couple of, years just a lot of weird fits for, them and a lot of weird culture fits and things that didn't work out so. GREAT i, mean you Had gash what's the name of the kid who transferred To. Oregon the Receiver Evan stewart was one who just was not a fit AT a AND. M and it was a lot of, headbutting and he went To oregon and things have been. BETTER i think there's still questions, there but things have been. Better and SO i Think nolan was a, needed a fresh start kind of. Guy AND i think a lot OF nfl teams, are Including, DALLAS i, think satisfied for the most part about where he's at and how that time.
Speaker 37: Ended i'll tell you WE'LL i asked BECAUSE i worked, there like in the building with those players in the locker room every day for like a year and a. HALF i will SAY i don't know how he is after spending a year At Ole, miss BUT i will say that he was a guy who showed up twenty twenty five minutes to practice every, day was a guy who attitude was not great comparatively to the rest of the, team walked around with a blanket, everywhere shoveled his, feet walked around so that like completely turns me. Off and then to him, personally and the thing, is people. Change maybe he just hated it there in the ENVIRON i DON'T i didn't see, it but. Uh and THEN i will say that every single thing that people say About Shamar stewart is, true if not. More as far as his, athleticism you see that guy in person and you're, like holy s H i t guys built like A greek, god good. Lord so and then but he's not gonna be a leadership. Guy he's very, quiet, reserved keeps to. Himself so that's one thing to know about. Him and Then nick s gorton leadership, guy production. GUY i know people don't not as high on, him but that's just some general insight from inside the.
Speaker 9: BUILDING i.
Speaker 11: THINK i think a lot of people THINK a AND m had a culture problem in, general BECAUSE i think THEY i think they felt like over the last few. Years you look At Bobby, brown To Marvin, leal some of the other guys who were considered issues AT a AND m that they got things ARE i think a lot of people felt LIKE a AND. M that program had some issues.
Speaker 1: Under Jimbo, fisher for.
Speaker 11: SURE i Think mike was turning it.
Speaker 37: Around.
Speaker 1: Though, yes thank, you all, right take us, home, man how are you?
Speaker 27: GOOD i Mean Bobby ball at the fires theytion tour In deserto.
Speaker 1: Yep and my question was that all The martin.
Speaker 27: Drafts are showing that actually gent might be going to The bears at.
Speaker 3: Ten, oh what do we have to give?
Speaker 1: Up the judge The bears.
Speaker 27: At got nine With, saints and if they do jump at dining and get, genty would exau your rastrepo Or Arian smith be a good at forty?
Speaker 7: Four in order the point differential they're looking at the, chart it's a one hundred and fifty points to get to, nine one hundred and fifty points. Up so really is only going to take your third round? Pick, yeah you'll.
Speaker 1: Give up seventy.
Speaker 7: Six but If gent's there and you walk away with, GENTY i THINK i would sign up for.
Speaker 11: That, YEAH i Love, gent AND i think a lot of people there with The cowboys Love. GENT i think they internally Have i'll take.
Speaker 1: The Chicago bears will probably be taking. Them, oh they'd be taking. THEM i don't THINK i didn't even make it that, far But i'm gonna be shocked if he makes.
Speaker 11: IT i, think, YEAH i think he's five or six at this. POINT i, HONESTLY i think that Uh dallas is working enough internally on just the question of why does he break enough of our rules to take him at? Twelve THAT i think would be a whole other. Conversation why should we go up and trade for? Him especially we don't have a fourth round, pick and So i'd have a really hard time seeing them doing that or or.
Speaker 27: Having to tell your strip or area in the later. Rounds go, ahead, RECEIVERS.
Speaker 9: I think either of those guys would be available to you on day.
Speaker 1: Three day, Three, yeah forty four be little high for, Me thank you very. Much All, right it is time to go ahead and bring THE cd helmet And dak jersey out now brought. Us you're gonna draw the winner for. These, okay so we're gonna Have brian draw the, winner WHICH i guess we've got this right over, Heat so please take your complaints To brian Brought, yeah this.
Speaker 3: Is it's nothing.
Speaker 11: New give me, that give me that Doc, Jersey BRIAN.
Speaker 1: I with the.
Speaker 11: Doctors all, right.
Speaker 3: We do open it.
Speaker 7: Up we gotta give a drum roll here For. Brian sounded like an. AIRPLANE i. Tried that's.
Speaker 1: Tried, yeah let's go back first AND cd. Second, alright, alright it's gonna be twenty.
Speaker 17: Three.
Speaker 1: Congratulations, okay and here is for THE. Cd here's the.
Speaker 10: Wet.
Speaker 1: Helmet, yeah it looks like A cd. Helmet it's signed better be eighty eight.
Speaker 24: True.
Speaker 13: Two it's.
Speaker 8: Up, absolutely he got the first question and THE cd homet what a what a?
Speaker 13: Night what a?
Speaker 7: Night because he's From. Waco good things happened from the two five.
Speaker 1: Four thank, you congratulations absolutely all, Right, well thank you so much to everybody for coming out. Here this has been awesome and the passion certainly did not go un. Noticed great questions as. Well thank you To what A. Burger we appreciate all of you and hopefully you can continue to come out To draft. One on one this has been an awesome. Event thank you so. Much hugs and handpounds. Everybody let's kick the draft's. Ass thank, you, Everybody thanks. Everybody thank.
Speaker 11: You