Speaker 1: All right, we're good. You like.
Speaker 2: Busting with the boss, hanging with the fast, betting on the game. No woman's gonna tell us what.
Speaker 3: Not be.
Speaker 4: We're here.
Speaker 2: Just drinking beer and making n baby. I'm hanging with the Fellers. He's busting with the boys.
Speaker 3: Bro. Welcome to another episode of Busting with the Boys. I'm your host, Will Compton. The boy Taylor Lawan. He is out this week and the truth be told. It's kind of funny Michigan only when twenty eight eighteen he wants to be out this week. Look, we have an incredible guest on Michael Chandler. He is the news is out that he is fighting in in UFC three oh nine. The news just leaked this weekend. If you're here for Michael Chandler, our boys in the back they do a great job of putting our chapters in there. If you just want to watch that interview that's on the back end. We do the stuff that we do every week. At the top of the episode, that's Talk Intro, that's Talk Football. We recap the weekend and if you're here to listen to what we think going into this weekend, whether it's Huskers Illinois, I don't know who Michigan plays NFL picks doesn't matter. We have a new show called The Locker Room that drops every Thursday at six am on all platforms, YouTube, Rumble, audio platforms included. You can watch that stuff on Thursday. So we recap the weekends on the intros Here at Busting with the Boys, we preview the weekends on The Locker Room. We talk all balls, myself, Terry Lwan, de Landy Walker, and again we have this fan call in segment where you guys can email videos to us. We do a fan pick parlay, a fan parlay where a fan puts together their favorite parlay of the weekend, whether it be NFL or college. You can submit theo those videos to info at BUSINWTB dot com. We'll have that upset on here if you're watching at home on YouTube right now. But again, submit your videos for your favorite parlay of the weekend to be featured on the Locker Room show. You do that at info at BUSINDWTB dot com. Now, before we get into the episode, we are presented by the One, the Only, the Chevy Silverado. There's a reason we've never done a tier talk for best pickup trucks. That is because bustle with the boys. There's only one pickup truck for us, and that's a Silverado. Why is that, you might ask? A Silverado is a partner and a partner that you can depend on. We've all spent time driving and using the Silverado for all kinds of adventures and other shenanigans. Silverado was a partner with us on the Spring Tour and they are also partners with us on the Fall Tour as well. They bring grit, legendary grit paired with modern truck tech inside and out. They have massive screens up to eight cameras with fourteen different views to help make driving, towing, and parking all easier. We love the new bowl blacked out look of the new Silverado HD. Trail Boss. Your boy reps this ZR two Chevy Silverado all blocked out. Head over to Chevy dot com to build your own Silverado or Silverado HD and check out all the current offers on the Silverado. Discover a world of strength and capability all behind the wheel of our favorite truck that is the Chevy Silverado. They've received the highest total number of awards compared to other brands in the JD Power twenty twenty two to twenty twenty four US initial quality studies. Visit jdpower dot com slash Awards for more details. And again, all awards are based on the last three years dating back to twenty twenty two. The Boys. We're gonna recap the weekend as we do every week, the intro. This is a big Boys intro podcast. And if you're watching listening right now, go ahead. If you want to support the Boys, we know you're for the Boys. Make sure you are subscribed to the podcast. Make sure you're following us on all audio channels, video channels like Rumble and YouTube. Again, I want to say we have over a fifty percent threshold of people who are not subscribed to the pod. We have when we're breaking down the data. Mitch does a great job in our team meetings of letting us know how many returning viewers we have every week. So if you guys can just make sure take a quick ten seconds make sure you subscribe to the episode. Make sure you subscribe to the Boys. That really helps us out. Let's start off the episode check Mate, your boy has the key to the city Bonter, Missouri. You want you want to get a quick photo. Here, hang on just one second, everybody, Hey unlocked, Yeah, I'll get a little We activated bonterr. Over the weekend, my daughter Rue and I we took a road trip down to Missouri. Uh yes, I will move the mic. We took a trip down to Bonta, Missouri to will your boy, will your boy, Willie see. I had a little ceremony. I had a little ceremony. I thought it was just going to be like they said that they were doing unveiling, like a photo that's going to be behind the bleachers, is what my brother Wyatt said. And when I got there, they had these chairs sitting up in the middle of the fifty yard line on the track. Family was there, the mayor was there, and little to my knowledge, I got the key to the city. They retired your boys jersey and the unveiling of the photo up top it's hanging on the press box. Great photo, great photo. Jersey number twenty eight. Your boy got his number retired. And it was an all time night. And then the next day we went to the RJFL Fields, which is Raider Junior Football League, our community league that I grew up playing. They had their pump passing kicker. I think they call it pump passing field now because they do a lot of field activities. And it was all time because full circle moment. My number twenty eight came from. If you go back to that last photo. Sure, I'm talking to everybody that showed up, but to my left is Dave Gibson. He is the guy who runs the Raider Junior Football League. Dave Gibson was a stud running back in high school. He was my very first RJFL coach for the Patriots, the nineteen ninety nine Patriots. We went six and zero. We killed everybody, and he wanted me to wear his jersey number, which was twenty eight, and his number was twenty eight high school, and so I was twenty eight throughout my entire childhood, all the way uprough high school. That jersey's now that jersey number is now retired with the Raiders. Your boys fired up. I had an incredible weekend. And yeah, I'm feeling I'm feeling pretty good. I'm feeling pretty solid. It is really cool. Yes, that's you. Next, going back to listening to Dave speak to the RGFL. They raised over sixty thousand dollars. My very first year, I think I was in second grade flag football. We raised around four thousand dollars and that same fundraisers. Now they had the record year last year at forty thousand. Now jumped up to sixty thousand. A lot more kids are coming out in the Raider Junior Football League. It was really cool to kind of see everybody there because when I was playing, it was like there were four teams per grade. Now I want to say they're in between like six to eight. And all that money goes into all their equipment. They get all like the cool stuff and everything else. They have like NFL looking jerseys, not like the netted you know what I mean. Like when I was on the Patriots, it was just blue and it just said our JFL on the front. Now they have like Patriot uniforms. So it was really cool, man, it truly was. I had a really good time. They've put me on the spot. I had to give like a speech. When he introduced me. He's like, hey, do you mind talking kind of about you coming from here and say a few things at peels and you want me to give a speech, Dave, I'm not gonna lie. I'm not prepared, and so I got to talk. I got to speak a little bit and it was cool. Man. The kids loved it. I loved it. It was it was a fun time. I feel very uncomfortable kind of talking about myself on the mic without Taylor here. You bring up that I don't know. Is that the clip that I posted or is this the highlight film? So the night Friday night Lights before the game started, when they retired everything and I got the key to the city, they played this highlight tape. The very first clip. They had like one or two clips of me and the RGFL to start it off, and it was either it was my dad or Coach Jones, the head coach of the Raiders, like filming it on his TV. So we're just we're like geeking out the whole time watching this highlight tape. Pretty good highlight tape.
Speaker 5: Your pose has reached new new fame, bro, it really has.
Speaker 3: And it fires me up because I'll be like smiling our post. I'll like try to post for the photo and smile. Most of the time, I just do that. I just hit I just hit my pose, and people are like, hey, I want you to hit the post. We gotta hit the pose, which fires me up because that pose is simply so I don't have to smile or feel like I'm kind of like, you know, whether you're putting your arms around people or you want to do a thumbs up or number one too, whatever it is, it just helps kind of like have a goofy post so you don't have to worry about is my smile good in this photo? You kind of zoom in on your face, like I look kind of dumb in this photo. I need to figure out my post. No, we just hit the Willie C. I see Chiefs Kingdom Kansas City Chiefs fans tagging me hitting the pose. So hey, if you hit the if you hit that pose and you tag me and I come across it, I promise you I will share it with whether on my story or on Twitter. It's so fun. But it is bro. The kids wanted to come up. They're like, hey, uh, do you want to hit the do you want to do I'm like, bro, yes, like everybody, everybody lene up, like, let's hit the post. We zoom out. We take an awesome photo. But it is cool that that pose is hit. When it killed.
Speaker 5: HiT's different too, I know, man, because they're like extra stokes because when you're older, it's like you're being funny and doing it. When you're a little kid, it's like it's super fun to have an excuse to flex.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: You can see it in.
Speaker 5: Their face or they're just like, like so exciting because as I would do it, like you know, in like recent years, you feel goofy doing it around a group of people that have no clue what you're even doing, and they kind of just like chuckle.
Speaker 3: But now since it's kind of known a little bit, everybody's like, oh yeah, let's go. But it does. It fires me up. It fires me up. Hitting that post the year ten playoff Willie Pose Yeah, rank the Poses. Yeah, that needs to be the trophy, like you just get hit the pose going. We give out that award will Confident Award, Yeah, the will Comfortent Award. But it was awesome, man. It was a really good weekend. We went back to the farm. We had like family and friends over to watch the Huskers. We watched ball all day Saturday. Shout out rue. She pooped in the potty twice. I have a little potty trainee in the making right now, and she's really only wetting herself at naptime and bedtime, just like her old man did up until he was about fourteen. But she crushed it. It was a great time. I didn't know how it would be since I was writing solo. The wife had to hang back for a Bar three event on Saturday that she had to be at. But it was an awesome weekend. Man, it was an awesome weekend rue getting to be at the old Zimbie Grounds. I try to tell her she has no clue what's going on. She just wants to play and jump around and dance around and stuff.
Speaker 6: Top five adorable video.
Speaker 5: Yeah girls. When they helped her up, yeah, they started going crazy.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yo, I was. We had a long ride back home and I was trying to she she wanted music. She didn't want music, and then when we do listen to music, it's gotta be the same song on repeat essentially the entire time. Fortunately I got her on the Lonely Road with MGK and Jelly Roll, but I was on the Frozen soundtrack for the majority of the weekend, and so when she didn't want music, we were just sitting there and she was just talking, and you gotta like you're trying to she wants you to repeat what she says pretty much every time, and so I got her in to go big Red, Like, hey, Rue, we got to get you into this, go big red, Tan, go big red chance. So I tried teaching it to her over and over and over, and eventually she got it. She's got it down now. I was trying to get to where I'm saying, go big red, and then she says go big but she doesn't quite understand that yet, so she just does both of them together. But she's got to go big red. Chan On Lock. By the way, the Huskers, we took care of business defense. We did hold in the three points, but they were kind of running it. They were kind of moving the ball at will. At some point. We just did a good job of being like a ben don't break defense. But I'm sure it'll be one of those weeks of practice to where it's all about physicality because we got a tough fighting Alaini ball club coming to town, and Illinois is not a team to sleep on. Brett Bilma, as I say later in the episode with Mike Chandler, he is my number one enemy this week. I mean, they took everything from us in the big ten championship with Wisconsin. That's when they had like over seven hundred yards of offense on us.
Speaker 5: The buzz will be back too, because they're ranked.
Speaker 3: And this is the first ranked game where Nebraska's ranked and another team's ranked in over a decade, so it will be buzzing. And it's the four four one hundredth consecutive sellout, so it's gonna be a massive game Friday Night under the lights, and we beat their ass last year. It's Friday. We beat their ass last year because we were coming off of that. We just got stomped by Michigan and rule went full pass the next day on a Sunday, and we we mopped them last year. So I know they're gonna they're gonna come hungry, like we're gonna get Illinois best. So it's a big week. It's a big week for US. I feel like we've had a good three first games where you can kind of see it as like a preseason, and now you're facing a team that's not like a juggernaut, but like a salty ball club that's built in the trenches, run game and everything else. They have a competent quarterback, but like a good test for where we are at right now to see kind of who we who we really are, Because Illinois, I think is sneaky tough. I think Indiana is sneaky tough. They went out to UCLA and beat them. And the reason I say that is James Madison University had a really good team last year. That staff is now with Indiana, and they took a lot of their best They're better players from JMU. Not saying like they're world beaters, but still good, good football players. And so Indiana that's why they're undefeated right now. They're kind of a sneaky They're a good play in the gambling space, kind of like a dark corse the way Kansas was last year. Kansas lost again.
Speaker 5: Man Sharon put me on game it's I'll let him talk about it. Similar to the coach at Nebraska that's no longer calm plays, but he is there. I won't say his name. And when I told you, hey, your offense is in for it. Same situation is happening to Kansas.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what what's going on with Kansas? And I know we have a massive Kansas fan base.
Speaker 7: Oft falls this podcast, here's a little bit of lore uh JP and I were both huge on Kansas going into the season. Unbeknnst to me, Kansas during this offseason hired a man by the name of Jeff Grimes as their offensive coordinator. Grimes comes from BYU the twenty twenty COVID season where Zach Wilson went off. They were still independent though, so they're playing nobody. Zach wills soonds a great season. Jeff Grimes gets hired by Baylor. Uh with David Randa's crew runs our offense into the ground. We have like five quarterbacks transfer, running backs transfer. I mean, it's terrible. Each year, our offensive numbers just got worse and worse. We fire him and Kansas hires them. But I have no idea why. And the same stuff that was happening at Baylor it's happening in Kansas now. It breaks my heart.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because they have good players on that offense.
Speaker 7: Great players, And now everybody's coming for Jalen Daniel's head and I'm like, dum dog, it's not him that oc is. I call him Grimes against humanity because he is the vote.
Speaker 3: Yeah. That's good information to know, because I know we were high on Kansas kind of coming into this year. Our boys yeah, yeah, yeah, maybe pivot, maybe pivot to Indiana. Yes, Arizona State coach Dailly down there getting those boys going Alabama, Garrett, Alabama looked tough. They just they look tough. Man. Obviously Wisconsin is not. Doesn't seem like they're that good of a team this year. They could turn around. I'm surprised that Fikel doesn't have like sort of a progression him coming out of Cincinnati. He was kind of a hot candidate to hire. I know he he was definitely on my short list with Nebraska hoping that we would hire him. I'm so happy we have for coach rule.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I beat the ass. Yeah, handle business in Madison. Madison is a great place to visit for a game. It does suck that Van Dyke went down early. Not saying that it would have changed much, but the morale in the stadium just dropped. I kind of expect a big cat to be up there. That whole situation was hilarious with the gun dying on him and him just chucking it. I want to know shoulder fields today. But the one thing that I wanted to see is less penalties on offense, which we did a week before against South Florida. We had like one hundred and thirty yards of penalties, so cut that back, got back to just discipline ball and it was disappointing. Jump around was cool, but the student section emptied immediately after.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean you got Yeah, I mean.
Speaker 4: It's it's a tough situation.
Speaker 3: It's a tough early they got up for it. Yeah, and Big Cat too. What's funny about the Big Cat stuff is he gave me shit for going on the T shirt cannon Michigan last year. They're like, hey, I was like, first series of the second quarter, do you want to do the T shirt canon? Just before the Michigan game started, and so I'm like, oh yeah, and I'm thinking early enough, we'll be solid. We're down like twenty one oh when Jack and I are standing kind of in the back waiting for this gun cannon and you just feel ridiculous that you're about to go out there getting your ass whooped, and Big Cat texted me like, hey, are we in the trust tree. I was like, yeah, what's up. He's like, they're asking me to do the T shirt cannon. And they were down like either twenty one three or fourteen three at the time, He's like, I know how you feel, but we're just kind of like laughing back and forth. And then they have the audacity to bring them out to the K T shirt cannon doesn't work. It malfunctions like the Wisconsin football is doing right now, and he's just throwing T shirts. So heads off to BC going out there, do what you need. I did tell him. I'm like, hey, that's it's just part of the process that was us last year. Look at us now. You got to get in the trenches. You gotta eat quarterback. Yeah, yeah, gotta get a quarterback, bro. You have to have a quarterback just at at all levels, all levels, at all levels of ball. I will say a surprising one over the weekend was uh in North County High School, Deshaun Watson and the Browns beating Jacksonville. I thought Jacksonville was gonna be solid this year, but then you see Miami get their ass beat by the Bills at home. So it's like, Okay, was Miami even a tough team and beat tough situation there? But you think about how Jacksonville was in it and they had a great first half against Miami. Miami kind of just turned it on in the second half, you think Jacksonville, Trevor looks better, like he's gonna go up and they're gonna dust the Browns. But it's truly like any given Sunday. I mean, the Raiders nine and a half point underdogs going across the country with their first round draft pick last year out and Max Minshew looked fucking awesome. We tried getting them on the pod today for a call in. We did get turned down, so that was tough, but he was like thirty to thirty five. I mean, they look the Raiders look tough. Man are the two.
Speaker 4: Best quarterbacks in the league, Sam Darnold and Derek Carr.
Speaker 3: Bro Hey, what's crazy? I booked marked this too, Derek Carr, I bookmarked this too. Get ready for game day With the latest addition to Barstool sports rival collection, Barstool College, Shady Rays has partnered with Barstool Sports to bring you a new lineup of premium polarized shades that are perfect for showing off your team pride. The Barstool College Collection features bold colorways inspired by some of the biggest names in college sports, ensuring that you'll find the perfect pair to w rep your team, whether you're at a tailgate or in the stands. These shades deliver all day comfort and top notch performance. Plus. With Shady Rays hassle free returns and exchanges, you can shop with confidence elevate your game day look with the barseol College collection. Head over to Shady rays dot com use Code Boys to get a generous thirty five percent off polarized sunglasses and see for yourself why over three hundred thousand people have rated these shades five stars. Back to the episode. All right, here's the post. The year. Hang on, let me make sure I give Davin Oakland. The year is twenty twenty four. Derek Carr is statistically the best passer in the league. Gardner Minshew has the highest completion percentage. The longest touchdown of the season is thrown by Sam Darnold. Baker Mayfield is undefeated and just barely behind car Kyler m Kyler Murray through a perfect one fifty eight pass rating game. I mean that's nuts. Man. A Cardinals do look tough. I mean they demolish to very beaten down Rams team who have who are without like four of their starting offensive linemen. They lost Pooka Nukua Cooper Cup gets hurt in the middle of the game. I mean, they're just basically a band aid team out there right now, which sucks because the Rams could have been a good football team this year. They still can be because again, any given Sunday, you still gotta line it up, bro, just to touch on the local the local team, the Titans. Man. And here here because I was watching that game. And here's what sucks about it is without and I'm gonna sound a little bit Nebraska stylish in years past, but this is true. If you don't give up a blocked punt, like when you when a team blocks a punt, their chances of winning the game is like north of eighty percent. But if you don't get a blocked punt and Willie Mayo just takes care of the football, they're fine. They are they are. They were moving the ball well, Calvin Ridley looks good. They ran the ball, They ran the ball solid, their defense gets after it, man. And it's truly what sucks is that it was repeat things. Obviously different situations, but repeat things from week one to week two. And the wild thing about that punk block because your boy put a special team seat on and watch that punt get blocked, like losing on an up and under to a five man box, really four because one guy was just kind of standing up. You knew he wasn't coming after it. But a four man box is crazy. You got seven in there blocking. You're sitting here when you got a four or five man protection. You're all thinking about getting out and covering the ball and covering the return. That is what that wing was thinking, is like, all right, it's a four man box that the punt block. Though the punk return team is building a return, they're not coming after you when you're getting When a punk return team is coming after you to block a kick, it's a seven or eight, seven or eight man box every time unless they overload one side in a six man box. But you he just had two guys on that surface on that right side, two guys on the left side, like the guard and tackler looking at chipping to kind of get out, help each other get out so you can cover the punt. But a wings card number, the worst thing you can do is get beat on an up and under in any situation, but a four man box.
Speaker 4: He didn't even touch him.
Speaker 3: He didn't even touch him. You can see he's like looking to get out, which I get that that is what you're doing. But your number one thing is protecting the inside. And getting beat on an ump and under in a four man box is so brutal. I wouldn't be surprised. I don't know where he is on the roster.
Speaker 4: It's like our number three running back.
Speaker 3: He could be somebody that has to turn into playbook this week. That like, those are things that happen We've talked, I've talked about before my time on Washington. We had a Thursday night game to where we're just doing walkthrough, so, uh, my man on the wing didn't really get a good look at everything. But he gets beat on it up and under and he's cut the next day. And what was disheartening is watching I forget his name is Chestnut is his last name. But he's in this the postgame interview with Paul Kaharski, and obviously Paul's scene as kind of like a villain in the locker room. No, guys don't really want to mess with him or talk to him, but he just didn't the answers. He was giving the body language kind of like smiling, like knowing that p K's asking him question tough, hard questions about it, I guess, but to not like me, Bro, if I gave up a pump block, I would be on suicide watch. I would be feeling not only am I letting not only did I let my team down and not do my job, but I'm thinking my career is now in jeopardy because you are what you put on film. Like now, if you're any team watching that, you're any team, any opponent watching that film. Every Special Teams unit is dialing up how they can get you in and up and under or how they can pick on you. That's ultimately that. But that kid's gonna be facing the rest of the year if he's still on the roster. But that is, like, that is the worst thing that could have happened in that situation. And the way he kind of handled that interview is like, you know, if I'm a team kind of watching that, you understand that you're trying to get out and it's on you and everything else, but you're kind of thinking, like, Bro, you have to show a little bit more emotion than that, you know what I mean? If you're a captain on that Special Teams unit. Yeah, I don't know, or you don't know, or you're the.
Speaker 4: Guy behind him thinking, Okay, now here's my chance.
Speaker 3: For sure, for sure, Like I don't know how those shuffled around again. Who knows if he's gonna get cut or not. But that is one of those that's the type of an offense that you have to where that is deemed cuttable and if he's still on it, he gets another shot at redemption. But at the same time, your assholes should be so tight, bro, Like I like, I wouldn't want to talk to the media, but you would. You'd be able to read in most people's faces that you gave up such a massive play. Obviously, will Levis had his turnover. They had their own issues just across the board throughout the game, because no one player like loses a game. But I'm feeling like I just lost that entire game because you give up a block punt.
Speaker 4: Yeah that's I mean, the defense looks consistent, like they look good, they get to the quarterback, they play with their hair on fire, so that part there's confidence there. I think CALLI said it best. What the fuck are you doing? Like that's tough?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like it sucks.
Speaker 4: You're inside the tin, so just go down. There's three points.
Speaker 3: Leaven the week. Yeah, so close in the week before, Like Bill Belichick broke it down on one of those shows he was on it. Maybe it was McAfee. Yeah, but he's just saying how him and Tom kind of talked through situations like that and say that's like a learning thing for the next week. You're sitting there talking about it in the film where I'm like, hey, I understand, you're trying to make a play. You're trying to be superman here and keep it in the game. But let's just say this doesn't happen and we punt the ball like we're still alive and still playing, like we're in the game. We're not giving up nothing, Like right there when he gave it up there, it's like, hey, even if you eat that, I know again you're trying to Will, trying to figure out how to play his game because he has great ability. But you just eat that and go down, Like we have three points on the board. Yeah, I mean, you're not changing them.
Speaker 4: It's back to back weeks of that.
Speaker 3: I know, man, I know a pick six the other way, I.
Speaker 4: Think I don't know if it was that play specifically, but also Taj gets hurt. So if it is on that play, then it's like turn the ball over. Your running back gets hurt, could have had three points, like Belichick the quote about that is the main point is Tom Brady took care of the football no matter what if it was a bad series, take care.
Speaker 3: Of the football.
Speaker 4: And because he sucks because Will was on here, like yeah, of course I look at Tom Brady, it's.
Speaker 5: Like yeah, But like in Will Levis defense, when you really look at his career, he has probably started how many games did he start last year? So he's probably played twenty five games as a starting quarterback in his from college NFL, which is like not a lot, right, And.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm saying. He's like figuring out how he can he can balance his ability because you can't get away with stuff like I'm sure he can get away with stuff like that in college, you're not. Defenses in this league are gonna make you pay when you make bad decisions like that, And everybody's in if you just take care of the football. Every team in the league is in the game in the fourth quarter. Yeah, Carolina.
Speaker 8: Also, I guess to Will's defense because I feel like I might be the reason that Titans are losing because if I was publicly hating Will Levis, I think we continue to win, and now that I have, I might have to be a hater, but I'm not. But to Will's defense, the Titans oh line collectively is giving up the most pressures through two weeks in the entire NFL. So I bet he's furious about it. But I mean, we've We've got we got young guys out there right now, you know, a couple of rookies to three year guys, so in.
Speaker 3: A completely new staff, like, there's gonna be growing pains. I kind of hate how everybody's you know, you see people saying like Will levi Is, he's not the guy, blah blah, like it now is not the time to hit a panted butt Like he's he's got time. He's just got to figure out, like, hey, man, just take care of the football, because again, if he doesn't do that, they're putting at least three points on the board and you don't block a punt Like those are two insane momentum shifts for a team.
Speaker 8: Yeah. Also, Malik Willis revenge game next week, Packers come to town.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and if Malik Willis got to win.
Speaker 8: If Malik Willis beats us in Nissan, I'll kill myself.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it's gonna be Josh Jacobs suching the rock thirty times, like the guy that show up to stop the run.
Speaker 8: I didn't catch a lot of the Packers game, but he looked sound in the highlight, so it looked way more sound than he ever did with the Titans.
Speaker 3: You know, well, and you I was gonna say, you know, lafleur is gonna have him right. They're gonna have a simple game play like they fed the rock to Josh Jacobs like over thirty times and he had a good day on the ground. But they, you know, Lafleur is gonna do a good job of kind of like having his confidence there, playing within the playbook that he's given. And I mean they will battle.
Speaker 8: The Titans defense is nice right now. We are that D line is is solid.
Speaker 3: But D line is gonna be a problem for everybody.
Speaker 8: Yeah it was, but that yeah, it was tough man tough.
Speaker 3: That was a tough loss for the boys. And in Blue, Yeah, Malik Willis, you saw where the sinner threw up on the ball wild hed he played, Yeah, puke and rally, puke and rally.
Speaker 5: But disaster.
Speaker 3: Snap it. Yeah, South Carolina, we obviously get into it with during the Chaindler interview. But South Carolina, man, I, I man, my heart goes out.
Speaker 5: To your No, you just broke my heart again. What was the stat you said, when you block a punt.
Speaker 3: It goes up north of eighty percent. Yes, and epic I said, two pick six is called back? Two pick six is called back in an OPI that should not have been an OPI. Oh, how do they bailing out Lsu? Very similar to the way the rest bail out the Chiefs. We need to start seeing prop bets on the DraftKings sportsbook for referees.
Speaker 5: Referees need to start doing press conferences after the game, and the fans need to be the ones asking the questions. They can put all the security you want, but I gotta be in their front row. They took they took something away from our program.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because that you were saying it too like that. It sets a tone for the program for not only the season, but what's to come next year the years after that.
Speaker 5: We would have been if we beat Acron, never sleep on any teams. We would have been four and oh coming off of bye week and going into number five ole Miss at home. Juice wells it back in our stadium. Both teams ranked opportunity to take down a number five team. Ole Miss was the first top five team we beat back, like with maybe it was even Garcia. We beat him when they were number four and they had Bo Wallace in Columbia. They could come back.
Speaker 3: They would have come back.
Speaker 5: Freaking Brian Kelly, Bryce swear, I'm pulling up the baton rouge they coach Kelly. Never mind we had him on the podcast. Your team doesn't rep you, man, so don't even try your your row ross beaches.
Speaker 3: They don't care. They want you out to.
Speaker 5: The Southern accent.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 3: I mean that truly at heartbreaker. People watching this right now, you're seeing real time a true heartbreaking loss. They have to know the most diehard South Carolina.
Speaker 5: For one of the reasons I disliked Tennessee so much is because they gave me the same pain. Like back when I was in elementary school, I was at home by myself and either we missed a field goal or they blocked it and we lost the game. And I was like ten years old, punching my parents' bed, and I just said, why does this always happen to us?
Speaker 6: And I leave back.
Speaker 5: I say, I don't know if we'll ever go to win. And that's how I felt after LSU. And now I'm twenty eight. I felt the same way when I was eleven.
Speaker 3: So I'm sick.
Speaker 5: But the last thing I'll say, I was telling Shirm on the phone, I look at our schedule. It's hard, yeah, but I see old miss Alabama, Missouri? Who at Oklahoma. What's the first word that comes to your mind when you see that opportunity?
Speaker 3: Because we can.
Speaker 5: Get it right back after this LSU, whatever we want to call that, we can get it right back with a win over you guys have the cats.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean why you're up there at you heartbreaking loss? But you watch the film like you can't tell me we can't play with anybody.
Speaker 5: We finally have back, and if you're a South Carolina fan, it will make sense. We have back in undisciplined, disciplined defense where like DJ swearingers are running around out there popping dudes in the head.
Speaker 3: Not sorry about swag.
Speaker 5: And we're built from the D line out which is so key you'll always have a chance in the game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm glad we have a space and a platform. Yeah that felt good.
Speaker 5: I was just scrolling Twitter looking for validation all weekend. Luckily I was getting it.
Speaker 3: Because I didn't.
Speaker 8: Yeah. Also, to go back to the Titans game. I know I mentioned this earlier in the preseason, but we're making a difference. The O G paintrain video is back.
Speaker 3: But literally, I just gonna say we're making a difference in the community. We are.
Speaker 8: But they've played it and I stood up out of my seat and I'm going nuts. And there's like a guy who sits his name Sam two down for me, and he's like a fan of the show and cool. And they didn't play it right the fourth quarter, which they always have traditionally, they played it on the first defensive drive. And so they start playing it and I get on my seat going nuts. You could hear a pin drop in this fucking stadium, no one standing, almost like people got quieter when they turned it on. So this is a call to action the city of Nashville. Next week, in the fourth quarter, when Malik Willis is getting Donkey kicked in the nuts, I need everyone on their fucking feet and we need to get loud for the boys or else I'm gonna have to start hating Will Levis again.
Speaker 3: I don't know. Well, you'll be dead. Yeah, hey, you'll you'll be dead. You gotta kill yourself.
Speaker 8: So we get loud.
Speaker 3: Yeah, start getting them.
Speaker 8: Yeah, shout just in case, shout out in Nabane. I know he made this possible. He was really whispering in some people's ears, and I don't think it was the best showing for the front of or the front office, seeing how quiet it was during that video when they were like, dude, y'all gott to bring it back. It's gonna be awesome. And then they were like, this is why we don't do this stuff. But they also had a couple of weird videos, but doesn't everybody.
Speaker 3: How was how was Vegas? Do you come out profitable?
Speaker 8: Yeah? Vegas was good. I don't know if you want me to wait for Taylor to tell you about his weekend, but I mean, it'll make you sick. Best one ever by far.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I don't know if I.
Speaker 3: Let's talk something because it'll be like two weeks before back. Because again, everybody listening on next week, we're gonna be at Surviving Barsoo, we're trying to figure out what the episode situation is going to be, like, uh, but we will be in the middle of Surviving next week, so we're we're kind of figuring out we're what we're gonna be doing uh with as it pertains a bust with the boys in the locker room, but it could be two weeks for we're all back together. Yeah, we got it. We need to have something because it sucks too that Michigan twenty eight eighteen. That was a tough game. Yeah, watch the game, didn't watch the.
Speaker 8: Game, didn't watch a single second of the game. Yeah, Taylor's not a fan. We know that. We told him last week. The reason that you're a fan is because what JP's talking about, it's heartbreak. It's That's what being a fan is is letting a team dictate your mental health week in and week out and not changing anything about it.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Like, my wife's trying to put together a birthday party on Friday, and I'm like, I don't want to go back and forth, like, hey, the Huskers play on Friday, And she has the audacity to say, they don't need you to watch the game, And I'm thinking it's not even fucking about that, it's I want to watch the game, like this is my favorite time of the year with my favorite team and it's Husker football, and it just blows my mind that, Okay, we're planning my birthday party and it sounds like I want to watch Husker football. Yeah, I say, hey, that's fine. I just know I'm going to be on my phone. It's not I'm watching the Huskers in the fighting alni because we got a tough team coming to Lincoln.
Speaker 8: That's a beast of a team.
Speaker 3: But sorry, Jack, I apologize for interrupting.
Speaker 8: Oh, you're good, I get it. I don't ever schedule a birthday party with.
Speaker 3: Everything's good at home. Everything's great at home. She's eight eight months pregnant, Like we're figuring out Yeah.
Speaker 8: Uh, but Vegas. Taylor got in there Thursday. I flew in Friday morning. When I show up on Friday, he's like, yeah, I was, I'm up three hundred and eighty thousand dollars on one night and I was like what he was just playing bakara with this dude Cody, who's uh. I forget his Like, yeah, is it is it exposed? Yeah? So they really profitable. First night Friday, we gambled in the morning, and he's still doing very well. Friday night rolls around and Robbie Fox from Barstool, he's in town. He broke that Connor news, which was awesome for him. He comes with the Red Rock and Dana had told him, I'm going to pay for your wedding, but you.
Speaker 3: Just kind of I saw that video.
Speaker 8: Yeah, so we go in there and you can check out the vog. It's gonna come out here in the next few weeks. But I'm getting all the like inside scoop from Robbie. I'm like, how you feeling. Have you ever gambled? He's never gambled before in his life. He says the most he's ever bet on a sports game is five dollars. So he's like, this already is making me nervous being in here, and I was like, I was like, you know, best case scenario, Dana gets in here, wins like three hands, hands you a bunch of chips, and you're good and you walk. Four hours later, we're sitting there still and it's it's four am. I'm so upset. I'm like, I just want to go to bed, but I'm not allowed to go to bed ever until Taylor walks out. So, but Dana is down the two point three million dollars two point three million, and I'm sitting there like I I'm gonna die in this room, truly, I'm never gonna leave. What does he do? Dana comes back from two point three million, so and the reason and I'm like giving this away from the VAUG because Robbie already posted the clip. Dana gives him money for the wedding. It's awesome, But Taylor has two hundred thousand dollars in markers on the table and every like the dust settles and we're about to leave, and Taylor's like, Dana, yeah, I got I got these things, like I gotta play some more. So Dana goes back in two point eight million. In the next hour, he's down.
Speaker 3: Taylor or Dana, so he went so Dana's trying to play to get Taylor out. Dana ends up going down two point eight million dout.
Speaker 8: After he was just down two point three and then paid Robbie and then he's completely clean and then goes in and then from zero dollars not only anything, goes back down to two point eight million, and then it was like four thirty am and Dana just like I've never even seen it happen. He just walks out like with his boys, like we're going because I mean this was Friday night before the spear, so it's late and he's got to be up.
Speaker 3: And I mean Saturday, Saturday morning, Saturday.
Speaker 8: Saturday morning, and so he he goes out, and because he's Dane, why the day want to In fact, he can just leave his markers there legally, if you're not Dana, why you have to sign a check that says I am liable for paying this money. So the chips were there the rest of the weekend. He hadn't come back, so like Saturday, they were still there and all of his markers. So I don't know exactly what happened there, but it is the vlog will be crazy. There's a lot of ups and downs, and then all the sphere content will be awesome. It's just one of the coolest fights just experiences ever and UFC everyone's just so nice. I just don't understand, like why we are getting placed like in the seats we are when there's like a plus list celebrities like sitting three rows behind us, and I'm like, yeah.
Speaker 5: It was.
Speaker 3: He takes care of the boys.
Speaker 8: They really do, and Dana does an awesome job. But if we could do it for anything, and not even just a fight, we should try and go to the sphere for something they have like interactive movies, or they'll have like like what Michael was saying, like a Safari or it's like a journey through the Cosmos type thing, and it's like an hour and a half movie. It is well worth going. I know Garretts were there for Dead and Co. But I mean it's just like I feel like it is truly the eighth Wonder of the world. Like you go in there and you're like this, this is God's house. So it's cool. I love it.
Speaker 3: So hang on, hang on, hang on. Taylor's down a couple hundred thousand. Dana takes over for Taylor down two point eight.
Speaker 8: Yes, but yeah, I mean, we can talk about more, or I can tell you it.
Speaker 3: Should should should we not? Say? Some people watch the blog.
Speaker 8: I say, watched the blog because there is some storylines in there that okay, all right, I can tell you off the bus.
Speaker 3: Okay, because now I am insanely curious how you get out of a hole like that.
Speaker 8: And Robbie's sitting there when he was on two point three, and I kept going back up to him with the camera because I wanted to get like his perspective, and you can just see it in his face that he's like he feels like he's losing this money because it's like kind of like him and he's just like pacing and like ghost white and like you can just feel it, like stress in the air. It sucks being in those rooms. No one's having fun. Taylor's like, hey, let's get some collaps in your ear, like, come on, let's get the vibes up. And it's like, dude, that that's like, you know, one hundred people's salaries right there on the table in four chips.
Speaker 3: But yeah, Vegas, well yeah, watch the vlog.
Speaker 8: Yeah, watch the vlog, Watch the vlog.
Speaker 3: Anything else? Boys talk to Husker football the main thing save Will's birthday party. Yeah, that'll that'll get figured out. Your boy's gonna be watching the Huskers on Friday, whether with people without people locked in a room so low.
Speaker 8: That I have a question for you go because I saw this on Twitter and I want to answer from everybody do you prefer to watch your sports team alone?
Speaker 3: Yes, A thousand, Yeah, because even when we were watching it on Saturday, like there we have people over and stuff like that, and it's awesome, but I can't like hear the TV very well. I like to just be locked in and dialed in. I want to I want to understand everything going on. I want to hear what's being said. I love the commentating, and I just like to be alone, you know what I mean, because then you're you can't get off track on any side conversations anywhere else.
Speaker 8: I feel like all those two were like all perpetually on Twitter, and I love being like dialed into the narratives there, whether it's.
Speaker 3: Saying yeah yeah, and to be watching the game scrolling my phone like I want to be in it.
Speaker 8: Yeah, make watching football alone cool again.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're just great. Maybe maybe that's yeah. Yeah, if you can go to the game, Yeah, yeah, you can go to the game. Yeah, absolutely, all right, sounds good fellas. Hey shut up Bonte Missouri again. The Key to the City Spectacular retired Jersey. They said they were taking it out of the rotation after this year. Your Boy was Juice Man left. No, it was it was a great time. Appreciate you guys. Mike Chandler, we have him coming up. Uh after this ad read Mike was all timed. This was a great conversation. Again, we're kind of getting all the insight everything kind of behind the curtain that maybe he hasn't already said out there. Uh subscribe. Make sure you guys are leaving comments. Continue to show up for the boys. We're on a heater right now and it's it's it truly is all because of you guys. But first Game Time Football season is here and we can't wait to get out to some games this fall. With the help of game Time, the official ticketing partner of Barstool Sports, you know how much we love game Time, and now with their brand new game Time Picks feature, they're making it even easier to get to a game. Game Time Pick Picks filters out the fluff to show you incredible deals on great seats so you don't have to waste time searching through thousands of tickets. Again, we have the four hundredth consecutive sellout coming up. I'm sure there are still tickets available on the game Time app. Go buy those up if you're in Lincoln, Nebraska. Just pull up your chosen event, turn on the GT pick setting at the top of the screen, and brows the best local game Time Picks deals near you on your Game Time app homepage. What are you guys waiting for? Download the game Time app today and use code bust and that's BUSSI in to easily score great deals with the new game Time Picks. What time is it? Let's see that again?
Speaker 6: What time is that?
Speaker 3: Enjoy this Michael Chandler episode. All right, Michael Chandler, we are fucking back brow. How are you feeling since the announcement? Good man?
Speaker 6: I feel like I made this decision like four weeks ago, so I've known for a while, and it's always hard because you know, you know what you're training for, you know, you know, my management new, my wife knew, a couple of the select the boys knew. But like now that the whole world knows, it's it's good because now we can finally this one, especially because it's not just announcing a fight, it is foregoing the Connor fight for now.
Speaker 3: At least from that for yeah, for now.
Speaker 6: Moving on from that from now, and uh, you know, I'm happy with my decision. I'm happy with the opponent, number one contender fight five round comane event underneath John Jones versus Stipe at MSG, which will be my fourth time at the world's most iconic arena.
Speaker 3: I mean that, Yeah, it's gonna be insane. John Jones coming back, Yeah, it's gonna be It's gonna be big.
Speaker 6: I and I actually because we were waffling back and forth, like I knew the Connor Sorry, I knew we were moving on from Connor for now, and I knew we were gonna fight Charles, but I was trying to get it at MSG, and my my text to uh to Hunter Campbell whenever he was like waffling back and forth or was, I was like, hey, twenty twenty one Chandler versus Gechee Fight of the Night and Fight of the Year at Madison Square Guarden, twenty twenty two Chandler versus Pourier, candidate for Fight of the Year, Fight of the night. Every single time I step inside of MSG, I blow the roof off the place. And it was actually funny. I saw John Jones at the fight since last week and he's like, hey, I know you're the comain, but could you save some excitement for me, and in the main event, I was like, Nah, probably not, man, I'm going to try to steal the show.
Speaker 3: Are you fighting up that it's at MSG? I am, you know.
Speaker 6: I Actually it's bittersweet because I've kept saying this. I fought, and I've now fought in the UFC. This would be my sixth fight, and I have never fought in Vegas. So I've always wanted to fight in Vegas. That was one of the stings of this Connor.
Speaker 3: Fight falling through.
Speaker 6: It was going to be at Vegas in Vegas, and I'll fight in Vegas eventually, but I'm just the boys are ready to fight in Vegas. Man. I want I want to enjoy a a and take in a Vegas fight week, you.
Speaker 3: Know, outside of just sitting in the stands watching it happen.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I've watched a ton of fights in Vegas, and so it's just different because you know, the uf the UFC takes over the entire city, which if you have, if you had a second best city like MSG, New York, the media ESPN, like all all of the barstool, like all of the big media companies are there with a huge presence in New York. So you always end up with a ton of X ton of extra media, which is a ton of extra exposure. So that's a good thing, and it's MSG. Someday I'll be speaking from a stage or writing a book or something and be able to talk about how I fought at MSG, the world's most iconic arena four times, which to me, I just told you I'd rather fight in Vegas. But someday, when it's a story and where you're creating, you know, making people feel something, they're like, dang, this dude fought in the same vicinity as Muhammad Ali freaking Tyson and Dale Hooya and and all those.
Speaker 3: Madison Square guards got like that historic pull to it. Or like Vegas it's like any us if you're a UFC fighter, like you want you want the big pay per view in Vegas, Yeah, because it's city.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but MSU's Yeah, MSG is iconic.
Speaker 3: It's when you said you made the decision four weeks ago. How long had that offer been on the table or did it all did it all come into fruition really quickly, because obviously you've had everyone knows it's been the two years in the making with Connor, that kind of falls through. Walk us through that about how that offer kind of came to you. So we when the fight fell through two weeks before June twenty ninth, it was like, you know, June fifteenth or whatever it was.
Speaker 6: Immediately you start thinking, okay, it's a broken pinky toe. We found out that, so it's like, hey, broken pinky toe, we should be able to fight in six weeks, eight weeks. So immediately we're like, hey, no big deal, and Connor's camp was saying, it's gonna be quick. We're gonna hopefully schedule it for August September. You know, then you start talking about the sphere, you start talking about you know, Salt Lake City was thrown out there.
Speaker 3: Let me let me interrupt you before you learn that it was like a broken pinky toe, and then like, hey, this could be quick and everything else. Wasn't there a moment where you still might have fought on that June twenty ninth weekend?
Speaker 6: There was, So they actually offered it to Max Holloway, which he was on vacation and he wasn't in camp. I mean to go to put your BMF belt up, you know, with having no training camp short notice UFC will throw a lot of money you, but is it the smartest thing for your career In the position that Max is in, Max is already the BMF champ, and he's already number one contender to go fight for the one forty five title, and he was steadfast and focused on going to win the one forty five title. And in this sport, the sport moves fast in a very good way and sometimes in a very bad way. So if you're ever in a position where you can become the number one contender, you don't want to pass that up because you know, just like justin Gaigie situation, justin Gai Chee probably would have been talking about fighting for the lightweight title, but now he lost to Max, So now he doesn't have the steam to go fight for the title.
Speaker 3: He's got to go get another win. Yeah.
Speaker 6: And then also obviously that was June twenty ninth, and now we just had this past weekend UFC three zero six at the Sphere. Morob versus O'Malley hadn't been announced yet, and there was talks of me and Max. They actually offered it to Max fighting me for the BMF belt at the Sphere, and rightfully so he turned it down because he wants to go win the title and he can go defend the BMF belt whenever. So there was a lot of different moving art's going, but Charles Olivera's name had gotten brought in up, and it's a fight I want to run back. It's a vengeance fight, it's a number one contender fight. It puts me right back into the title contention. Obviously, the last year and a half, I've focused on doing The Ultimate Fighter, which is really really awesome promotion on ESPN twelve weeks, and then fighting the sport's biggest star, which doesn't exactly do great things for you athletically to move toward the title. So now I'm going to get back to my main thing, which is coming into the UFC, and I've always been wanting to be the number one guy in the world and fight for the world title, win the world title.
Speaker 3: So now that's where we're at.
Speaker 6: Fight Charles Olivera, Madison Square Garden, beat him, become the number one contender, and then I have an option to go fight Islam, who I think is going to be still the champ by then, or Connor.
Speaker 3: If Connor can get his house in order yeah. Man, it's been the photome mic right there. Yeah, it's been such a roller coaster with the mcgregors. When did Olivera's name come up to you? Because I would assume that, all right, whenever you realize that the Connor fights getting punted, maybe hopefully just a few extra weeks, you're looking at September, and then you start to feel that, okay, he might not be prepared for way longer than that, because I'm almost assuming that when Olivera's name gets brought up, it's almost like a no, like, how do we get this Connor one? Going?
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's definitely you want to exhaust. We wanted to exhaust all the options to fight Connor at a realistic date before we made a pivot. But then it just seemed as though it was going to keep getting pushed off. I mean it was like, hey, okay, if we could fight, if I could fight Connor in December, I'm not going to say yes to Olivera. But as soon as that became a no for whatever reason, I'm like, man, boys, I'm not I'm not.
Speaker 3: Waiting any longer. Let's let me go bet on myself.
Speaker 6: And this is what I it's been my brand obviously, you know the walk on mentality, betting on yourself, because back in two thousand and four, a young kid from Saint Louis, Missouri bet on himself to go walk on to missou when everybody around me said, don't do it, You're crazy.
Speaker 3: What do you think?
Speaker 6: And you're just going to be a punching bag for five years, end up becoming in all of my and a four year national qualifier and a three year team captain.
Speaker 3: Let's go, you know.
Speaker 6: And then so I bet on myself and it worked out. And then I also the thirty four year old me in twenty twenty, the thirty four year old me in twenty twenty bet on himself to say, you know what, I love what I've done in Belatour. I'm the biggest name in Bellatour. I know it's a smaller organization, but I have financial security, I have a career security. But I want to go bet on myself. And I told Hunter Campbell that I said, hey, throw me into the fire right away. I'm going to come over to UFC. I want to be a good thing for your organization. I want to fight the toughest guys right away. And if I go zero and two and you guys cut me. I can at least know that I tried to bet on myself and take the biggest risk possible. And now obviously coming into the UFC here, I am fighting for the number one contender spot again, Fights of the Year, fought for a world title, going to end up fighting for a world title in twenty twenty five with this win.
Speaker 3: Betting on myself has always worked out.
Speaker 6: So in this scenario where I have a contract with Connor that was already signed, all the fighters in the world who of crapped on me and said I'm waiting and wasting my time and all the different things that they've said behind closed doors, in their heart of hearts, they know that they would not have bet on themselves and left this this matching up with Connor. They would have waited as long as possible. But I'm done waiting and I'm ready to go out there, take a chance to let it fly, and by to myself.
Speaker 3: How weird was it for you? Because obviously the last year and a half has been kind of a new process where you talk about like betting on yourself. Like even when you came into the UFC, you're you're flying and making sure you're prepared, making wait in case you're a backup fight. Hey, throw me against whoever you face Hooker coming out, have a big win there. You're facing all these all these badasses along the way as fast as possible. How new was it for you to kind of like sit, be patient and the world speculates and talks. I mean, you talk about Connor being the biggest name. He's also like a like a public like favorite too, So anything that comes up and gets pushed back, you try to call him out, you get you got people pushing every which way on, Like why you know Mike's gonna wait for Connor, He's gonna do all this stuff. How hard was it for you to kind of wait this last year and a half, especially what you knew behind closed doors. Yeah, because you're thinking, you're thinking that it's going to make right at some point, but for whatever reason, it didn't come into fruition right now. How tough was it for you to kind of sit in the batter's box this last year and a half and not go out there and do what you normally do. Yeah, it was. I had my days where I struggled.
Speaker 6: You know, we've had conversations where it's like everything's good, and then the next time it's like, dude, I don't know what's happening. Connor tweeted this. The whole world ran with it. This guy's talking.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 6: There was the whole drug testing thing at the very beginning, had to be inside the usadapool and all that kind of stuff. There was just so many different layers, and that's what.
Speaker 3: Hunter Campbell said. To the very beginning.
Speaker 6: It was like, Hey, we're gonna do this ultimate fighter thing, but just I want you to be prepared. Booking a fight with Connor Gregor is like nothing you've ever done before.
Speaker 3: It's not normal. And I, you know, I held on, you know, held on tight.
Speaker 6: And I also enjoyed the time off. Excuse me, I also enjoyed the time off. Honestly, I think I no matter how much you love a sport, it can cheer you up and spit you out and chip away at your spirit and your soul, as you know, like today I leave and go to Florida.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna leave my family for the next.
Speaker 6: Eight weeks, right, and doing that every couple of months non stop, watching my sons grow, missing, missing, bedtimes and missing missing dinners with them, and missing sporting events and missing all these things. You do it so much and you're constantly going and you're very happy because you know God has called you to do something, but you also are constantly dealing with the am I always making the right decision, dealing with the dad guilt, dealing with the husband guilt.
Speaker 3: So I needed a little bit of time off.
Speaker 6: So I spent the last year and a half serving my family, loving all my family, working on my business businesses outside of just fighting, setting myself up for after. I laid the gloves down eventually, and it was good for my soul. And obviously I had a litmus test May and or April, May and June to go train for Connor and it fell through. But it was the best training camp of my life because I fell back in love with the sport.
Speaker 3: You know, as cliche as it.
Speaker 6: Sounds, you know, you don't know how much you love something until it's taken away from you. So being away from the sport for a year and a half, I was happy. I needed a little bit of time off, but it also made me love the sport more, made me love my coaches more, made me love the process more, made me love what I get to do more. So I grew as an individual in that time. And then now now I get to go let it fly and fight one of the scariest dudes on the planet and Charles olivera most submission wins in the UFC history. And it was an interesting process like nobody else would have gone through, you know. Even speaking to my manager, he's like, Dude, I've been doing this for twenty something years and I've never been in a situation like this. I sometimes don't even know how to advise you because I don't know what the right answer is, you know, So you kind of get stuck in a scenario where you don't know what the right answer is. But sometimes if you have patients, the right answer will reveal itself to you in due time. And here we are and now November sixteenth, we get after it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I have so many different rasago, but you just mentioned OLIVERA. What do you feel like you've learned since the last time you fought him, because that was a you know, it'll be essentially a few years ago since you.
Speaker 6: For Yeah, and also just the maturation process of who I am as an individual.
Speaker 3: And fighter.
Speaker 6: You know, I for for better or worse. You know, I needed to come into the UFC and stake my claim and prove myself right. And now I have proven myself. So Chandler one point oh was come into the UFC prove the doubters wrong that this bellator dude can't come in and compete with the best guys in the world. Right, Obviously I have done that, win loser draw. It's a great fight, win loser draw. I've hurt everybody that I fought, win loser draw, I'm getting fight of the night, wind loser draw. You're on the edge of your seat when Michael Chandler steps inside the octagon, right and now Chandler two point oh is okay. I had I had an opportunity to step back, fall back in love with the sport, and now I truly believe now more than ever, that it's time for me to go win the title. So fighting OLIVERA puts me in that position, and then Islam is next, then maybe Max or if Connor at any given time I can get his stuff together, I'll fight him. So I'm just excited to fight differently. I know the mistakes I made. I was still it was my second fight in the UFC, just had a crazy knockout of Dan Hooker a couple months before that, I got thrown into that training camp. I essentially had three weeks off between training camps when Hunter called me and said, hey, you're fighting OLIVERA in Houston for the title. So I went right back into training camp, and I was just going and going and going, and I didn't have a lot of time to fill up my cup enough and fill up my mental enough to really fight the way that I needed to fight to win. I needed to go out there and just try to put a beating on somebody. And that's been a lot of fun thus far. But Chandler two point oh was coming for not just for blood, but coming for the title.
Speaker 3: And so is there a different Chandler two point zero, a different kind of maybe strategy. I guess about it because if you look at like a Chandler Getchee, you know it's going to be explosive, Chandler Pourier, you know it's gonna be explosive on their feet, Chandler McGregor, you know it's gonna probably be on the feet and explosive like Olivera's kind of an unorthodox, kind of a weirder fighter, like is are you you know you've been on the bus before and we've talked about, Hey, you know you're pretty good at wrestling too. Are the whole world more of a heady yeah? More yeah, more of a heady chandler. Is that what you're saying? Yeah?
Speaker 6: I mean, but it's still, even even at my most strategic, and even at my most veteran, and even at my most smart, I'm still going to be I'm still going to be the.
Speaker 3: Most violent guy who does.
Speaker 6: It that way, right, Yeah, Because I love the violence. I have the explosiveness, I have the skills, and I know I can go out there and finish anybody in the first round so immediately, just like I always do, I'm still going to put pressure right away. I'm still going to be in your face for twenty five minutes. I'm still going to make you second guess yourself and fight off of your back foot because I want to be in control.
Speaker 3: I'm always going to be in control.
Speaker 6: But I think there's just been a different set of decision making and a different set of of a game plan that I looked at on this in this last training camp because I realized the opportunity. I'm the best position in the sport of mixed martial arts right now if you look at it, the fighting, this number one contender fight, having a contract already signed and connected to with Connor McGregor for the Ultimate Fighter, So I've got these I have nothing but huge fights coming up. So yeah, that it gets me excited to go out there and entertain, but it also gets me excited to show, go out and show and prove that I'm the best fighter in the world at one hundred and fifty five pounds, So I'm gonna show that on November sixteenth. But it's still gonna be violent and it's still gonna be fun, so you guys better buy the pay per viewer.
Speaker 3: We interrupt this episode to bring you something near and dear to our hearts. That is Mountain Dew, and you know we all need to get more of off of our asses. With both flavors and a refreshing citrus kick, Mountain Dew will get you off your ass and have you feeling like you're an actual mountain, a mountain where the weather is always perfect. Your friends are ready to hang in a day of epic proportions awaits. Nothing is better than beating your boys ass, whether it be washers, you guys played washers, cornhole, whatever in between. Get outside, I'd beat your boys ass with the refreshing mountain dew. The mountain is calling and you should answer, Grab your friends, grab an ice cold mountain dew wherever refreshing beverages are sold, and do the dow. Back to the episode, do you ever think about the roster being pissed off that you get a number one contender? Yep, Like you get this fight, you win, you're the number one contender. Yeah, then you could essentially either go for the belt, going for connor do you ever think about the roster kind of being getting pissed off about stuff like that? The fighters think about that stuff.
Speaker 6: I don't, because people can have their opinions all they want and everybody can everybody can play the O Woe is Me game? But just why don't you show up and become a person of value? And when you show up and become person of value and not worry about the people trying to pull people down and just try to elevate yourself, it doesn't really doesn't really bother me because I know I'm in the position that I'm in, whether it be happenstance, luck, good relationships, good favor, whatever it may be. But it's funny, the harder I work, and the better of a human being I am, the.
Speaker 3: Luckier I get. You know.
Speaker 6: It's funny how it always works out that way. And yeah, now we're in this position and the UFC doesn't care either. It's like, hey, this this fight makes sense for us. This is a rematch, This is a vengeance fight. Charles Olivera versus Chandler one was a huge fight, a lot of parody. Almost finished him in the first round. He comes back and beats me in the second round because I made some mistakes that I will not make again. And uh, it's a fight that everyone wants to see. And it's a dangerous fight. It scares the hell out of me. Man Like Charles Alavera can choke all seven of us out right now.
Speaker 3: Uh, if you make the wrong decision, you know.
Speaker 6: So it's like it's a scary fight. And those are the type of uh, those are the type of circumstances I like.
Speaker 3: I like.
Speaker 6: I like opportunities in which the likelihood of failure is higher than I am comfortable with and those are the type of Those are the type of fights I want, not just in the octagon, but in life because I like to throw myself into the fire. And you know that's a that's the difference between me and a lot of fighters, and that's why I keep getting rewarded because of it.
Speaker 3: When backing up, and you're alluding to falling out of love like with the sport, with the game and everything else, like what what plays in that? Obviously you talked about your dad guilt, husband guilt earlier on. Do you think about the wear and tereri just with your age too, Like, what are the things that goes on to kind of make you fall out of love with the with the sport.
Speaker 6: I think it's just the time, It's just the you know, it's it's such a funny thing too write well football and just in sports in general, every sport, like people will just crap on you, not realizing that you're a human being, not realizing the sacrifices that you make day in and day out, and you have the same doubts and fears and insecurities as everybody else, right, So we're human beings. But with me, I take I take it so seriously and I pour myself so fully into it that I become a different human being for a couple month period. And I love being that person. I love that that God created me that way, and then I have also created myself into that type of man.
Speaker 3: But it takes a toll.
Speaker 6: On you because you're you're you feel like you're missing out on life sometimes, and then when you bring children into it, and a wife and and all these things, you feel like it's the constant tug and pool between doing what you need to do but also doing what you want to do. And I feel like when you're constantly grinding. I mean, in a twenty five month period, I had six training camps, five fights. Every single fight was do or die, every single fight was huge, every single fight was a main event or a co main event. And you're fighting the toughest, scariest guys in the world.
Speaker 3: So get you can get.
Speaker 6: You can become jaded by it because you look back and you think, man, it's been two years and all I've done is pour myself into this, so it can just chip away at your passion for the sport, and you know, just constantly being away from my family down in Florida. I love my team and I know it's the best team ever.
Speaker 3: And thank god.
Speaker 6: I love my coaches, I love my training partners, I love our facility.
Speaker 3: But that two.
Speaker 6: Training camps ago, when I walked in there, I was like, Man, here we go again, these four walls and these guys and this, and I got four hours of training today and then I got to do it six days this week.
Speaker 3: And do you ever think too I appreciate you, sure, do you ever think too like I don't want it as bad as I used to? And I asked that, And I'm not putting you in a spot like to you saying like, no, I don't want it, but even perspective for myself, like going through it like when we were you know, it was like year eight, year nine, year ten, like having the fun with it that I was having, but just showing up into again those same four walls and just kind of knowing in the back of my mind, I really just don't want this as bad as as my young self did. And I know, sacrificing for this sport, sacrificing for like the character and the individual and the person that I wanted to create in this sport. You almost feel like you're doing yourself a disservice by feeling that way. You feel a little I felt a little guilt when I would go about it like that, knowing that I was you know, I still like love playing the game, but I didn't love it the same way. I didn't want to, like grip my teeth. I didn't want to have to like make a fifty three man roster, like throw myself at the bottom of a depth chart try to become a starter. I just I kind of like lost that mentality. But at the same time, I was also able to relieve myself of all that expectation and pressure because I was getting these chances later in my career, and so I to like just enjoy playing the game that I grew up loving, versus all that business on top of it. So that's kind of like while I was asking you, like you show up and you're like, do I really want this?
Speaker 6: Is like I used to, Yeah, Well, and that's where And I think for me now, having the clarity of having a year away from it and enjoying things outside of just fighting, spending more time with friends and family and loved ones, but also still always staying in shape.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you can start the question.
Speaker 6: I think like, man, Well, when I was twenty five, I used to come into a training camp and be all pumped up, and I am pumped up still, like yeah, crazy good pumped up at thirty.
Speaker 3: Eight years old. I leave for Florida today. Crazy.
Speaker 6: I don't tell anybody, but I feel like I'm twenty eight. That's the thing. I definitely feel like I still have it. I definitely feel like I'm the best guy in the world. I definitely feel like I'm gonna beat Charles olivera because this is a game of millimeters, man, and any of us can beat each other on any given night, and.
Speaker 3: You can't step in that octagon second guessing or half passing anything because it's you versus somebody else. Any fucking yeah.
Speaker 6: Well, And that's the good thing that I always am able to rely upon is I know I do the right things. I leave no stone unturned. I have I flex my discipline muscle every single day, and I do things by the book and do it as perfectly as I possibly can. So I know when it's time to show up and start training camp, I know I'm going to show up. So there was moments where I questioned it and thought, man, you used to love this more than you did. But really, I think it was just the wear and tear of the non stop, the mental wear and terror of non stoffeah and just the non stop every like, man, I just need a break.
Speaker 3: I need a break. And then finally I was almost forced to get a break.
Speaker 6: Which is really funny because Brian Smith, our head coach at Miszoo, tells a story about how I was. I was one of the one of the first guys that he finally had to actually pull out of practice and kick out a practice and say no, you can't train today and we need you.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: It was like, man, he would notice that my my performances would suffer, but it was because I was overtraining, or I was going too hard, or I would show up and do extra things that I was not asked to do. But I'm like, hey, coach, I was a walk on kid. I'm still that walk on kid. I still I have to do more or else I'm not going to be able to beat these guys. You know, I'm wrestling against Jordan Burrows and Mike Poeta and Jordan Leean, these top top guys. I have to do extra or else, and he's like, no, man, you are. You're taking two days off this week. And I'm like, wait, so that everyone's going to be at practice and I'm not going to be at practice and he's like, no, yes, you're going to be off Wednesday and Thursday because we need you to rest up. So it's kind of awesome how the sport pulled me out of it. The court the sport, Brian Smith me pulled me out to make me love the sport even more. And I've got a new lease on life and i have a new passion. So I'm excited to go into this training camp. As much as it sucks the first week where you it's a new transition and you're missing the family and I cried this morning freaking dropping half off at school. It's just like, you know, it's just a part of it all.
Speaker 3: You were talking about, like getting back into it. Was there like a moment where you started to gain more clarity in falling back in love with the sport, Like the process, was it the people you're around. Was this something maybe your wife said, Was it something that allowed you It's like the Rocky two moment where he's there having the baby, he's he's kind of half assed training, but they have the baby, and his wife looks at him, She's like, go do it, and then all of a sudden, the Rocky montage goes off. Yeah, was there like a moment for you of that clarity of like falling back in love with the grind and the sport.
Speaker 6: I think I think it was just when I got back to this, this last training camp that ended ended in not the reward I did. I did all the work but didn't get the reward. Yet I still look back and think, man, every single day, I couldn't wait to wake up. I was getting to practice an hour early, to just work on little things or just to be there and watch other guys. You know, It's like, it's funny how as a thirty eight year old veteran and team captain down in Florida, I'm the guy who's looked at as I'm the highest, the highest ranked guy, the biggest name on our team roster.
Speaker 3: Right, so I'm looked at like that guy.
Speaker 6: So the last couple of training camps, it was just like, hey, everybody looked at me that way, but I didn't look at other guys that way. And excited about watching this twenty two year old kid chasing his dream and watching this twenty five year old kid fighting for the title in this other organization and this so I got. I was just so focused on myself because I had to go do it, and do it and do it. But then this last training camp, I found myself getting to practice early watching the younger guys helping out the younger guys being a part of the PENI feeling that hung yeah, being a part of more, being a part of more, and they're thinking, man lost the I lost a little bit of the passion for all of that and the love of the sport, and then just pouring into people more too.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 6: Zig Zigler says, you can have everything you want in life if you're helping enough other people get what they want in life. So I was of service more this last training camp. But I'm excited to go down there and do that this week and then get back to it and be the guy there and continue to show the young guys that hey, yes, I have accomplished more than maybe you'll ever accomplish in your entire career. But it still always goes back to the hard work and the discipline and doing things right and showing up early and doing more than it was asked of you and being of service. So I think it was just this last training camp, the entire process every single day, Yeah, working out three times a day and uh, working on things more, watching more film and fully immersing myself.
Speaker 3: In it and doing the media and you know, having.
Speaker 6: Time to still FaceTime the family and doing stuff so well, you were also flying.
Speaker 3: You guys were flying out there too. Like one thing that you were doing in the last training camp not to flex with also flex it's flying private. So that way you you gain those hours in time with the family when you were present with.
Speaker 6: The forty seven extra waking hours I got last camp with my family, so almost two full days with my family to get there, a couple extra hours home on Friday and be able to leave a couple extra hours late on Sunday, and uh yeah, just because those are times you can ever get back, man. And yeah, and it's and it's a it's a it's a weird tug and pool of if I can do it, I want to do it. If I can make it happen, I want to make it happen because I know that I will perform better if I know I did as much as I possibly could as.
Speaker 3: With the family, Yeah, yeah, I know I will perform better.
Speaker 6: And it's almost just like, Okay, all I gotta do Monday morning, I wake up, I hit the ground running, go hard Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday. By Thursday, I'm excited that I get to one more practice, train really hard, get home, see the family. Maybe do one session on the weekends or a recovery session. But yeah, not not the flex, but the flex that was That was a good That was a good situation. But we got the peak a couple of weeks ago with the Nebraska. It's a time machine, man, you know, and it's time in this season of my life. It's it's it's time that I won't ever be able to get back. And uh it made me love the sport even more so this uh, this camp will be no different.
Speaker 3: Let's play the game. You win this fight, which one would you rather say? Say? They're both there for you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we sat on the bus and I sat right there. We had this same question title.
Speaker 9: Yeah, well, because there's there's clearly and just to like call the elephant in the room as well, it's like you face somebody like like, that's different style of that's a different type of money that you can that you can go after.
Speaker 3: The title is a different time. You know, all of those factors play in your mind. But you beat Ali Vera. Now Connor now realizes the machine goes on without him. So whatever he's got to get going on in his house that the game's not gonna wait on him, he's got to figure out so hopefully force his hand to fight you. Yeah, but which one.
Speaker 6: He's definitely realized that the sport will continue to move on without him, And I think he never thought I would move on. I think he always thought while challenge.
Speaker 3: You could tell by his presser the other night, by him saying, I'm kind of out of the loop. It's like in my mind the stuff that just I know and have watched him afar as well, It's almost like, no, bro, you are in the loop. You do know, like if anything, you hold the key, You've held the key the whole time to do it. Everybody knows that. And you kind of see that he felt some type of way that you are taking this fight and that he's kind of watching it. Him trying to say that the UFC kind of left him out of the loop. It's like, no, you're just upset to see that it's going to go on, no matter if you want to or not. You want it to or not.
Speaker 6: The UFC needs nobody. The UFC will continue to build stars, continue to put on shows every single week, and continue to keep pushing the envelope and growing, whether they have Connor me or anybody else. And there's a freedom in knowing that you're you're a you're disposable. You know, there's a freedom in that knowing that you don't get too high on yourself because success is rented every single day, and that rent is due every single day. Talk to him, man, and that's that's that's in our industry, your industry, or everybody else's industry.
Speaker 3: That's listening.
Speaker 6: But I think I think the funny thing is I don't He definitely did not know, because ultimately he's not a trusted individual with information. If if if they called him two weeks ago and said, hey, just so you know, we're going to announce Chaander versus ala Vera, he's moving on.
Speaker 3: It would have leaked.
Speaker 6: He would have done his own video, you know, like the swirling of the wine whenever he announced that me and him we're gonna fight June twenty ninth, and I called Hunter and I was like, hey, dude, do you want me to corroborate this and like go come out and say you know this is true? And he's like, no, dude, that's it's just Connor being Connor. I effin told this guy to shut his mouth and not say anything, So you know, it's and Connor has earned that position. If that's the way Connor wants to be and how he wants to do it, that's fine. I'm completely different. I've known for four weeks and haven't said anything because that's I would do my job. I have a job to do and if I my word is my bond, and if your word is no good, then eventually you are no good. So I think, like you said, Connor is now a breast to the situation. I'm fighting OLIVERA if I had the option, I do have that unfinished business with Connor. It's it's the fight that I want. It's a fight that needs to happen. Chandler versus Connor happens in twenty twenty five, whether you know it's the first quarter of twenty twenty five, and if it's if it gets pushed off any further, I'm definitely fighting for the title next.
Speaker 3: That's what I want anyway.
Speaker 6: The way I look at it is, I'm not gonna say the Connor fight is always going to be there, but the Connor fight is always in limbo. So even if they would have said, hey, you can fight Connor in February or January or whatever, I probably still would have just fought Olive Air because the last thing I want is twelve weeks before they call me and say, hey, never mind, we're pushing at the international fight. We're pushing it into this. We're pushing because that's how it was over the last year and a half. So I deserve security, or I deserve concrete, concrete dates and a concrete opponent. That's what Charles Oliver is. That's what most of the other guys are.
Speaker 3: On the roster. Connor is not that right now.
Speaker 6: He's a little bit too unreliable when it comes to when he's coming back, and maybe that's the position he wants to be in. That's fine, but I got a job to do, and I got a title to win, and I do believe I beat Islam Mahachev first quarter of twenty twenty five, and I'll probably make that decision to go make that fight happen unless Connor can show that he's got his house over.
Speaker 3: We interrupt this episode to bring you DraftKings TD Tuddy taking it too the house in for six whatever you call a touchdown. Touchdowns matter more at the DraftKings Sports Book, an official betting partner of the NFL. On the ground, in the air, from special teams or defense, we don't care how they score him. We want to bet on touchdowns, and DraftKings Sportsbook is the number one place to bet on touchdowns. Ready to play your first NFL bet? Try betting on something simple like a player to score a touchdown. Go to DraftKings Sportsbook app and make your bet today. Ready to do a touchdown dance on your own the new DraftKings customers. New DraftKings customers get five dollars to get two hundred and fifty dollars in bonus bets instantly and get one month of NFL Plus Premium. Just download the DraftKings Sportsbook gap. Use code bus that's code bus bus for new customers to get two hundred and fifty dollars in bonus bets. When you bet just five bucks and get one month of NFL plus premium only on DraftKings, the crown is yours, gentlemen. Back to this episode, so even you taken the olive verified too, it sounds like nothing was still even close to end of the year with Connor early in twenty twenty five.
Speaker 6: I don't think so well they said early twenty twenty five, was you know the the target and to me on.
Speaker 3: My man, for what reasoning? Like what's the especially like in the beginning when you hear like when the June twenty ninth they gets punted to, hey, this could be like a six to ten week thing, like this could be a quick recovery. Like what is taking in your brain? Obviously you don't know all the perfect information on that end, but in your brain, like what is taking so long? Is it finding some certain date with the UFC on a big pay per view? Is it him trying to leverage something business wise? Money wise?
Speaker 6: All of that stuff is in play, I think. And yes, it's widely known. There's only twelve months in a year, which is twelve to maybe thirteen pay per views they do per year of those thirteen, only five or six of them are in Vegas, maybe eight of them are in Vegas. He needs to fight in Vegas or Madison Square Garden. Those are usually the two kind of locations that he fights at. So you just whittle it all down to the options that you have, and all of a sudden things get pushed. So that's part of it. The other big question is is Connor ever going to come back? Is he ever going to come back? Does he still have it? Does he believe that he can still do it? I think he does, But does he actually care enough and love the sport enough. It's one thing to sign a contract. It's one thing to say you're coming back, the greatest comeback in combat sports history. It's another thing to go through the grind. It's another thing to put a twelve week training camp together. It's another thing to actually show up to practice every single day. And then even if you do, then you got to look at you know, checking the blocks, the boxes, the pros and cons of man, how well did I do today?
Speaker 3: Are my legs working well? Am I still fast?
Speaker 1: Am I?
Speaker 6: I stand firm in my conviction that if Connor McGregor was lined up against anybody else June twenty ninth not named Michael Chandler, he would have fought with a broken pinky toe. I think I bring something different to the octagon. I think he signed a check in January of twenty twenty three that his ass couldn't cash because he's I think he just thought, I don't want to fight this guy. He might beat me, but you're gonna come. You're gonna you're gonna leave the octagon hurt.
Speaker 3: No matter what. That's the thing.
Speaker 6: You fight me. You might beat me, but it's gonna be a hard, hard fought battle, and you are going to leave limping, and you're gonna leave with a busted lip and a black eye and some stitches. Yeah, you know you're gonna get hurt. So that's uh, that's my take on it. But I think it's a couple of those things. The lack of the lack of dates that Connor can actually fight, and his propensity and willingness to actually show that he wants to put together a training camp.
Speaker 3: And over all the other things that he has going in the.
Speaker 6: UFC, and the UFC losing a ton of money on that last fight and we broke the gate record and then they had to issue refunds and probably got sued a couple of times because of hotels and this and that and all these other things, you know, like the UFC, who is a publican trading company, t.
Speaker 3: KO Group, endeavor, all these guys.
Speaker 6: It's like, hey, we have a we got to look at this. Yes, Connor brings a lot of eyeballs and probably make we make a lot of money when Connor fights, but we'll do just fine without him, So he better show us that he's gonna show up. And same thing with me when you ask who you want to fight Islam. Islam will always show up. OLIVERA will always show up, Poorier will always show up. Gates, you will always show up. Unless these guys cannot physically walk to the octagon. They are fighters. We are fighters. We will show up. Is Connor that guy anymore?
Speaker 3: We don't know. Yeah, have you ever had a broken peaky toe? I'm not having I shattered my big toe not too long.
Speaker 6: Oh we got to talk about that, dude, is did it?
Speaker 3: Was it broken? I mean it was something.
Speaker 6: It was black and blue within a day.
Speaker 3: And I would say if Connor had anything like that, I can understand and empathize a little bit with that. I still showed up the next day and performed at a very high level level. But yeah, that was that was a that was a painful one. I just walked in a shout out ethan roast, by the way, no free shout out.
Speaker 6: Shout out ethan roast, and a c's that go back to the bus. At the very beginning, we had no a C.
Speaker 3: That's right, No, nothing, dude, was there. We ripped the shooter right before we came on the bus. You remember that the truck. We ripped the shooter. Yeah, I want to say that was seanp. I want to say that was Shop. Oh yeah, it was fire balls.
Speaker 6: Right before we got on the bus, I shout out, no free, shot out, I got Shop on the bus.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, shot out.
Speaker 6: Oh but yeah, that was back in the That was back in the gritty days. Back dude, just a couple of kids with the dream.
Speaker 3: Man. Now you guys are all sitting pretty man. You guy should see out here.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 6: It looks like a mansion.
Speaker 3: Man, it looks like a.
Speaker 6: Beautiful, grow awesome sick.
Speaker 3: That set is sick, bro, but you guys deserve it. Man, You guys are freaking kicking. I appreciate that, man. You know, how sick was how sick was the sphere. The Sphere was cool.
Speaker 6: It was different, you know, I'm not going to say it was like it was really really cool being inside of it. The you know, Mexican Independence Day. I was almost too close to the screen, like if you were in.
Speaker 3: Everybody pretty much too close. Well, that thing's just well I was.
Speaker 6: I was sitting here looking at the octagon and behind the screen was behind me, so the scream was on like fifteen feet behind me, so I had to like turn around and look all the way up. I almost fell backwards off the railing one day, or one part of it, when I was trying to get a full glimpse of the promos that they were doing.
Speaker 3: It was really cool.
Speaker 6: It was very light in there, so it felt different. But it was a really really freaking cool show.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 6: There's no way Dan's not going back to the Sphere. He'll probably go back to the Sphere.
Speaker 3: You think it will kind of be like an annual thing. I would think so if.
Speaker 6: I mean, it's all based on dates and stuff. You know, there was a big, big dispute this last time because Canelo fought the same night right down the road, and you know.
Speaker 3: It's did he win? Canelo win?
Speaker 6: He had to and he had to have won or else we probably all would have heard about it, because Canelo is the most ridiculous boxer on the planet. But it was it was fun, man, it was cool.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 6: I think Sean O'Malley losing was was very interesting what happened there s.
Speaker 3: I mean, I wish I could have want the Huskers play now your boys on dead duty. I was asleep after the Husker game was over shot at the Skirts. Yeah, uh so uh.
Speaker 6: I think O'Malley just couldn't get anything done man. As I said before we started recording, I think Morob's style is hardest to fight in the entire world, unlimited gas tank. He's not a great striker, he's not a really really great grappler from a getting submissions type of guy. But he will he will pick you up and put you down.
Speaker 3: He will wear you out.
Speaker 6: And there's nothing harder to fight than a guy, you know, wrestling or fighting where a guy just won't will not stop coming forward, will not stop putting pressure on you. And O'Malley just wasn't able to get things done, whether he had a bad night or it was flat or he was flat, or it was just Morob not ever letting him plant his feet, not ever be able to see stuff. You could you could see that that Sean was was visibly rattled. But Morob's a hard style.
Speaker 3: It sounds like it was a boring fight because I saw the boy Dana come out on the presser talking like it seemed like every fan had a great time. But I hope everybody watching they got new fans up until that CO made event. He's like, oh, up until the coming Yeah, I think everybody had a great time. Yeah, yeah, I hope they turn their tea tough.
Speaker 6: The co main event, yeah, I mean chef Chenko, which I had her.
Speaker 3: I had her winning.
Speaker 6: She's one of my favorite girl fighters. Alexa Grosso didn't didn't look bad. I think chef Chenko just it was time for her to get.
Speaker 3: That belt back.
Speaker 6: She's she's a woman possessed. And then the rest of the car is really I mean Ortega versus Diego Lopez. Diego Lopez now has cemented himself inside the top five, top three, probably get end up fighting for the title in the next two fights, so it was.
Speaker 1: It was fun good.
Speaker 3: As a fighter. You hear your you hear Dana say something like that, does anything go through your mind. Dana's kind of just like fuck, like you know, it is what it is. I kind of just I kind of performed with what I was given. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Luckily, Dana has never said anything like that about my fights. If anything, he's like Chandler's the arturro Gotti of UFC. He's crazy. I've got some good ones, but I earned it. But also, yeah, I mean that's that's a tough spot, you know, because Dana's opinion is not the end all be all necessarily, but it's no different than if it was freaking you know, your head coach comes out and says something about the defense or the offense or whatever. You're like, well, damn coach, Like I'm trying the best I can. But still we're all fallible human beings and we have bad nights, we have bad performances. As long as you as long as you look like you fight fought hard. You can have a bad performance but still fight hard, still lose. You know, It's all about effort, just like anything in life, because the entertainment value and just the the effort is so much more important than the x's and the o's sometimes, But yeah, I mean it was still fun for me. I thought it was still a great card. I think the fans got what they what they paid for, whether you were inside the sphere or outside the sphere. Inside the sphere was ridiculous walking in from our perspective, I think you know, you guys saw the video that Taylor posted as he like walked out and it just it's almost like it just engulfs you, you know.
Speaker 3: So the sphere is cool.
Speaker 6: And I've also heard you can bring kids there and do like they do, like cool Safari looking you know, outer space thing. I was like, oh, I didn't know you could do that because my kids would love that. Rue would freaking eat it up.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, as long as she can handle the sensory overload. I don't know if right it might be too much, you know, like and.
Speaker 3: It feels like it's too much walking in there. I would have loved to been a Jack Jack was there. Yeah, what was it like your experience walking into the sphere From a fan experience standpoint, I'm sure it's awesome. Like I talk about how different it is watching a fight in Vegas versus like having the sphere just on top of you the whole time.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I didn't know exactly how it was going to pan out while the fights were going on, like if there's gonna be activations going on, but they did a really good job between each fight. It was almost like a Mortal Kombat style like background. Each fight had its own different backdrop, and it was obviously on Mexican theme, so like some would be in the jungle and then others would be like ruined cities. But what, like Mike said, when you just walk in onto the floor, it's just like everything is all around you and it's hard to take in at first, but it's it's be beautiful. That's the only way to describe it. It is beautiful.
Speaker 6: The clarity, Yeah, I mean the clarity that you can have those screens that are a thousand foot tall and freaking it looks like it's your LCD screen in your living room.
Speaker 3: It's it's pretty pretty cool.
Speaker 8: And before they jumped into the full activations of like the backgrounds, they had this kind of like cage style like view where it almost looked real. It was like these uh, steel bars and then all of a sudden, it all opened up into like the actual atmosphere of it all. But yeah, I guess from a Vegas fight a T Mobile arena to the sphere, it's so big and open that maybe some of that noise gets pumped out of it or it just kind of travels it.
Speaker 6: Did It did audibly sound a lot quieter.
Speaker 8: Yeah, especially in that Sean Fi and uh chef Chenko fight when they were on the ground, it was just like, for a few minutes, it just felt like you could hear a pin drop. But yeah, compared to T Mobile, yeah definitely. But yeah, I mean in any time we have an opportunity to go back to the sphere, I will drop everything I can to be there.
Speaker 3: Were you on the side where the spheres behind the octagon or where.
Speaker 8: It was, Yeah, I was like those screen dead on the center of the ring or the octagon, Like I had the best seat I could have possibly had. So it was cool. I thought they did every You never know what those kind of things. You know, Dana wants to be the greatest promoter on Earth, and he very well is, but you don't know if it's going to be a flop or not. And from an entertainment perspective. I thought that I fans got all their money's worth just from the experience of all the Mexican independent stuff, and so I thought it was an awesome thing to experience. I don't know if they'll do another one, just because I know how much money it costs. I think Dana said it was like twenty million dollars and who knows if they broke over that.
Speaker 3: But yeah, just say I wonder how the hopefully the bottom line worked out for him to where they feel good about that.
Speaker 8: Yeah, they said they were trying to hit like twenty two five, but I don't.
Speaker 6: Yeah, And that picture was where I was sitting. I was up on that that first little rafter, which was probably, in my opinion, the best fight because I was probably a little bit further away than you guys were, but I was elevated, so I was like eye level with the fighter. So it was it was it was cool, but I was also so close to the screen that it was kind of like the screen wasn't as much in play for me because I was just it was behind me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah. Working with working with Hunter and Dana throughout the entire process, how were they with you throughout McGregor Chan are going to poor art, not for you, OLIVERA.
Speaker 6: They were awesome, man, I mean they I still.
Speaker 3: Took it just as frustrated as you were at times.
Speaker 6: Yeah, And and there's and we have such a good relationship where it's like, hey, listen, I wish we could do this, but we can't, or that this is not just doesn't make sense for us as a company.
Speaker 3: You know, you're my guy.
Speaker 6: I want to make this happen, but we can't do this. But then when I asked for something and then they're like, oh, you know what, forget it, man, We'll make it happen.
Speaker 3: We're gonna make it happen for you.
Speaker 6: You know, Like we we've had a really good relationship and I think it's a testament to they know they can trust me to be a good dude. You know, they know they can trust me to show up, and they know they can trust me to show up when the lights come on and put on a great fight. So when you have that kind of relationship, that kind of asset inside of the company, then it's very easy to get things done. It's not always the right, it's not always the answer you want to hear, but it's it's portrayed in a way like, hey, if we can, if we can make it something happened for you, We're going to make it happen. And they were always in constant contact. As you alluded to earlier, I had enough reassurances behind the scenes that the fight was going to eventually get booked up until finally it got booked, and then obviously it ultimately fell through. But they they were always in constant contact with me, and we always made it happen, even though you know, sometimes it'd be weeks, weeks that would go by without us talking, and I just got my job to do, which is stay in shape and get ready for the fight whenever it did happen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you have some pune with with a twist question, JP, do you do you have anything? I know you're you're our UFC expert, are UFC analysts? Yeah, I don't know if I miss anything. I know you're You're deep. You're deep in the cut when it comes.
Speaker 6: To uf You deepen the cut, dude, all right?
Speaker 3: Twisted tea, refreshing, twisted tea. Do we have the uh? I love it all right? Refreshing, hard eyes teammatee with ruberw T and five percent alcohol, full of flavor and very refreshing. It goes down smooth and there's zero carbonation, which makes it easy to drink all day long. It was Chandler's favorite when he was at Missoo H. It is the perfect beverage or alcohol for game day, whether tailgating in the parking lot, watching at a bar, watching at home with your friends. Twisted T is there to turn up your game day. Keep it twisted with the with the boys and grab a refreshing twisted tea today. Mike, This twisted question for you is number one? Do you have do you have enemies? Like? Do you have somebody you hate? If I say do you have somebody who hate? Did somebody flash in your mind? You have to say who? Sure? Yeah? All right? You receive The twisted question is you receive one million dollars but your worst enemy would receive five million dollars. Do you take the money? Yes? Let's say it's you receive five hundred thousand dollars and they receive five million. Because I'm with you on the one million dollars, I think you get a chance to get a million domes you take a million.
Speaker 6: Dollars because it's it's free money, and it's free money. And one of the craziest things about money too, you got to put your mindset around it is like there's enough to go around, and just because you make money doesn't mean that I can't make money unless we're directly competing for one certain thing. Right, So I'm like, I'll take money all day long because I don't care first of all, that person if I if I don't like them that much, they're probably not that great. They're probably gonna squander it and have bad luck before them anyway. And I'm a good dude, so good things are gonna keep happening to me. So I'll take the one million dollars and let them have five and probably end up losing it all.
Speaker 3: What about the two hundred and fifty thousand dollars?
Speaker 6: Oh shoot, yeah, I'll probably still take it. Hundred one hundred bucks, one hundred thousand, Yes, might as well.
Speaker 3: Too, Yeah, fiftyk they get two hunder k. Well, he's he's saying.
Speaker 6: Yeah with I think I say yeah, no matter what, because I'm like, I think it's a good it's a good exercise in confident expectancy and like the law of attraction or whatever to be like, hey, I'll take what I can get, and I'll take something good even if it means someone else gets something, because I'm not worried about anything else anybody else has.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it would be tough, and if your enemy was listening, it's more one of those things, like they probably need it more than I do. Yeah, I've Yeah, I can't tell you what are y'all doing. Everybody's taking it. I assume mitched you get ten thousand dollars, your worst enemy gets one hundred thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I hate anybody that.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm saying when Taylor was asking me, I think we did this question too, or something similar, like on the plane when we did our twisted adventure with Nebraska Michigan. But I was like, I don't really have anybody I hate like that to where I wouldn't.
Speaker 6: That's kind of how I wouldn't necessarily care.
Speaker 8: Who is your biggest enemy I don't know and say their full name.
Speaker 3: Brett BioMA, head coach of Illinois. Yeah, it changes every week, man. Yeah, Brett Brett Beoma is enemy number one, not only is he playing the Huskers, but he and he not only took the Big Ten title from us, he shoved it up our asses when he took that Big Ten title from today because he's the head coach of Wisconsin when we played the Big Ten.
Speaker 5: Will you get a million dollars but Nebraska loses the national championship? Do you take the million dollars?
Speaker 3: This is like the live stream during Michigan. There's always next time. I'd pass on the million dollars because you could look at it as you're paying a million dollars for national title, but I'm not paying for it. This is like this is just a like, hey, we'll give you a million dollars, but Nebraska loses the national championship, Like we're solid, Like I'm in a good spot to where I would say I'll forego the a million dollars for Nebraska ab a national title, dud. What would your number be to take? Yeah, I mean five jumps in my head, but I'm sure I would take less than.
Speaker 6: Five one point one and then anybody and then anybody who was mad at you, you just give him, give him an n IL deal in Nebraska. Yeah, with the money you didn't win a million. You didn't, you didn't win the national title, but I got five mil.
Speaker 3: I can you know? I love spin. I love that spin. And then then it's like two.
Speaker 6: The bus and then then Nebraska wears the bus logo and a bunch of a bunch of different things.
Speaker 3: Yes, go take two million by Dylan Stewart from US.
Speaker 6: Yeah start, yeah, yeah, number six.
Speaker 3: I saw that. We got correct on that. He's number six, not number five from South Carolina. Crazy monster, but yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 6: That's like when when they asked Taylor, he's like, hey, Michigan wins tonight, but Chandler gets knocked out by McGregor. He's like, we're taking that national title, buddy, Sorry, it's crazy.
Speaker 3: That's crazy.
Speaker 6: I'm like, I'm right here, bro, yeah, live on live stream.
Speaker 3: Right, Taylor. I think his fandom should be in a little bit of question. We're gonna have to call him to the stand. I think we got to call him to the stand. He should be I don't even know.
Speaker 1: I'll just wait to say that.
Speaker 6: How was that though, you guys went to Nebra Was it Michigan first then Nebraska?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so in the same day left at like six am. We flew out at six am from Nashville to go to ann Arbor, do Anne Arbor, and then to make the Nebraska game to land at four thirty. We had to leave right after like a series or two after halftime from the Michigan game. Then we get to the plane fly to Lincoln.
Speaker 6: Greatest day, greatest day ever, greatest day ever, greatest day of my life.
Speaker 3: Tough man. That's thinking about both the way to beat his birth, tough to beat. We had mcflurry's waiting on us. That the land in Nebraska clutch. I mean, they truly could not have gone any better. For myself and if I'm thinking me personally personally, that day went as good as it could have for sure.
Speaker 10: Well, and it's just a gross secretly, don't tell anybody the entire day could not have win any better.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, you see what we're saying. No, the whole what what was the bad part of the day, Yeah, if something, if something you Michigan lost, Yeah, badly it was at day. It was a great day. It's a day for you. It was a great day for you.
Speaker 6: I mean it also just the testament, even in his sorrow, you know, even in the sorrow of maybe losing a game.
Speaker 3: It's still the bus is winning, man, the bus, the.
Speaker 6: Buses, the boys, the boys are winning. And in the moments that game, and.
Speaker 3: He's starting to he's starting to process what it feels like to lose, especially they got whooped by Texas pretty bad. Yeah bad, And so you know you start to like, hey, this is fandom. But then you get this. Last weekend, I saw him tweet talking about he missed the game. He slept through the Michigan game. And to me, that calls in the question like how big of a fan are you?
Speaker 8: Bro?
Speaker 3: That's true, you know what I mean. But got away till we all get back on the bus.
Speaker 6: Sometimes you got Sometimes you gotta feel that though, you know, you gotta feel the sting, you know, and maybe even fall out of love with it a little bit, and to come back as the best fan.
Speaker 3: He can't afford that because his fanom just started last year and just should just be a fan. Win the national title and then just off you.
Speaker 6: Set up for failure right away. Man, you want to win the national titles.
Speaker 3: The fans in general, like, I hated seeing that from the boy Taylor, but I sent out a tweet a little bit after kind of like, hey, their fans are kind of just in question, like they won a national title. Like half the stadium left at halftime. How about port what's Portnoy doing these days? He was at pizza fest, so he wasn't catching the game.
Speaker 6: Oh man, see this and this is why, this is why it's gonna be Missoo versus the Huskers in the national title.
Speaker 3: That she might both be in the collegetwall playoff this year. See it's not. You know, we got a tough one this week against Illinois. You met Matthew McConaughey too.
Speaker 6: Yeah, did he say he was coming on the bus.
Speaker 3: No, he has not, but Jack identified him. We didn't ask him, but Jack identified him as the next guy to He's gotta be days until he comes on the bus. Tweeting a photo of him until he comes on the bus.
Speaker 1: I like that.
Speaker 3: He would be awesome, though. I think McConaughey would be all time.
Speaker 6: There's enough pictures and screenshots to him out there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all his movies he's been in. That'll work in Michigan. Also twenty eight eighteen against Arkansas State, thirty picks the quarterbacks picks Man.
Speaker 6: Twenty eight to eighteen Arkansas State.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it'll be interesting to see how Michigan does this year after, you know, after winning the Natty last year. Real high on themselves, aren't they. Yeah, they are high on themselves. Alabama looked really good, Tennessee. But also you guys put who Kent State.
Speaker 6: I mean, shout out Jillian Edelman, no doubt the first.
Speaker 3: You guys put thirty throughout an onside kick, right.
Speaker 8: Yeah, But apparently I've been hearing because my my cousin was a GA jack and apparently that onside kick was to give them better field position. So we were like trying to give them a handout because in the second half we also they offered to make it a running clock for the second half and Kent State denied and they were like, I saw that so apparently, which regardless, even if I honestly love that we did an onside kick and I wanted to be because we were just like foot on the throat type mentality, but apparently it was to try and give them better field position.
Speaker 3: That's also and mass disrespect. Yeah, I know.
Speaker 8: But here we are this week though, is the test kick off just stands there. It's Tennessee Oklahoma, and they said it's game day, so it's at Oklahoma. So this would be our big first test.
Speaker 3: Do we know what the opening line is? I know, but I'm sure, bro, I think Tennessee could whip their ass.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 8: I'm I just hope everyone.
Speaker 3: I always love college football. It's all good. Missoo's got a little bit of a squad. Now. I will say I did call Boston College plus sixteen and a half, but Missoo's got a tough team.
Speaker 8: Tennessee opened his six and a half point favorite.
Speaker 3: I'm hammering that. I gotta get on that right now because you know it's gonna move. Yeah. Brady Cook first form athlete, dude, do what Brady Cook? First? He's a first form athlete. Oh good for him, dude. I'm trying to be a first form athlete, dude, you gotta be a first form athlete. Come on up, hook the Saint Louis boy up, dude. Yeah, I went on because what is what is it called? Now? What's this podcast called? Now? Real as fuck? Really? And he uh he he did just bring back the m f CEO Piles say you boy, yeah, you had an appearance on the m F co like twenty fourteen or fifteen.
Speaker 6: Maybe yeah, I need to do that yeah again now that he brought it back.
Speaker 3: Dude, shout out out. Is this brought to us by somebody, sport Clips, Oh, sport Clips, and I have a good I have a good shout out this week. Just stay put, Mike. Everything is normal. Boys. When it comes to getting your haircut, don't just go anywhere. Visit the specialists who live and breathe men's hair At sport Clips. Haircut stylist undergo special training to the to be experts in men's hair and making, the masters of mullets, finesss of fades, and understudies of the undercut. It's easy to have confidence in your look when you're in the hands of a pro. Just another way, sport Clips helps keep your head and your hair in the game. Sport Clips, It's a game change. My shout out. No free shot out this week, Mike, I hope you have one. Is going to go to flickering when people flicker their lights, no letting you know that there's a cop waiting down the highway. Happened a couple of times on the drive to Missouri and back. I got to do one as well. I'm just letting the whole other side of the highway know. Hey, you got there were two sitting there was one you go over hill and then there was another one. So they were out to get people's speed. But when people are flickering their lights tell letting you know that they hey there's a cop down here. Make sure you control your speed, get your shit in order. But that's my shout out, no free shout out.
Speaker 6: So yeah, I think you're yeah, you might be able to get in trouble with you.
Speaker 3: I think you do, actually, but you should. Maybe I didn't do it. People would go help for me.
Speaker 6: People helping people, man, So we believe, we believe in humanity, right, So my shout out for no free shoutouts goes to people who put their shopping cart away.
Speaker 3: Nice in a world where.
Speaker 6: Laziness continues to win. The people who will walk to their car and then walk it all the way back through receptacle and not leave.
Speaker 3: It on a curb. Try And that's my shout out. Does anybody here put their card away? Sure? I can see you being a guy who doesn't put their card away.
Speaker 7: There's a guy actually the cart ark cart narks Yeah, yeah, the Cartnark completely changed the game. Ever since I saw carton Arks on TikTok. He goes around the country, he finds people that don't put their carts away. It scared the shit out of me, so I always put.
Speaker 6: My follow I follow cart Narks. It's actually hilarious. Yeah, he wears GoPro. He'll put a sticker on your car that says I'm the lazy Bones. So like, he made a really cool brand out of it. But even when people aren't looking, it's the things that you do right when people aren't looking you don't get any credit for that will then release the positive karma that good things that will happen to you.
Speaker 3: Because I truly believe that.
Speaker 6: You can't be successful in life if you're one of those people who just doesn't put their shopping card away.
Speaker 3: It's the little things. It's a little bit of details, it's a little thing.
Speaker 6: So shout out to all those people who do it, and they stand firm in their convictions that they just because it's someone else's job to do it doesn't mean that you can be lazy and not put it away.
Speaker 3: One thing that I like to do because usually the parking spot right next to the uh right next to putting your carts always open because people are like, why would you park next to it? Because you risk it in it.
Speaker 6: But I'll just park right next now, see this that way, whenever I get done, I just see it now. Some people would say, oh, well, that's really easy to do that. But it's like, it's okay to make decisions that make doing the right thing easier. It's okay to make you know, I'm not saying I'm not saying I'm any better because I will push it a thousand yards and all that, but like, yeah, if I park next one, no matter what, it just it's a non negotiable that needs to be done. So there's nothing wrong with parking next.
Speaker 3: You got to as long as you.
Speaker 6: Put it away.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you got to build around your laziness. I'm like the most I'm like the laziest person that I know, So I got to set myself up. That's efficient, that's just efficiency, little successes, that's efficiency.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 6: As long as you do the right thing, whether doing the right thing was harder for you than it was for me, as long as you do the right thing, that's all that matters.
Speaker 3: Amen to go back to yours.
Speaker 5: There is like a rumor conspiracy out there, and this is why I have stopped flashing people going the opposite way. If I see a cop is in gangs, it's alleged to be an initiation when you they have to kill somebody that flashes their lights at them.
Speaker 1: On the road.
Speaker 3: Dude, I see gang. I've heard that. I can't believe that's freaking.
Speaker 8: Right.
Speaker 3: They got to go kill you.
Speaker 6: I've heard that since like high school.
Speaker 3: I had to stop. I don't know if it was on the highway, Like, let's just keep it clean on the highway out there. Boys. You guys are listening to this and that rumor is Drew. Be careful in cities and towns. Yes, flash at your own risks. Yeah, flash at your own risk. And I was thinking too, I was like, I wonder if that's like an illegal thing to like tip people off. Okay, there's a copack, but at the end of the day, we're all trying to get each other, right, yeah man, Oh yeah. Somebody said that my brides weren't working, so I was just trying to feel them out, like oh it's one in the afternoon, or I try to try see the light on the end, try to put my blinker on and you actually flip it. Flipp it.
Speaker 6: You always said that because I've done that before. You actually flip it, and you're like.
Speaker 3: Oh, shoot, that's a good call too. It's like, sir, you can't prove that I did not accidentally. Yeah, yes, I know you were sitting there any more shoutouts in the back.
Speaker 1: Okay, Mitch, I moved this weekend and that feeling of finally getting everything like in your house and sort of settled.
Speaker 3: Haven't you already said this one?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I just I need to do it again because he said.
Speaker 3: This one like a couple so important.
Speaker 6: It's so important that every time you move.
Speaker 1: I moved like three months ago, and I just did it again and it sucked.
Speaker 11: But like we the new house has like a it has like a projector, and me and me and my roommate Foul were just literally like your stereotypical pick you and Foul.
Speaker 3: It's you guys every time too. Yeah, I mean, it's just moving everywhere. Shout out the boys, man shout out one month leases.
Speaker 11: Yeah no, and we were doing we were doing our other buddies a solid to kind of match up our leases. So we can all move in together. But like it was literally your stereotypicals, like what guys need to be happy. It was a chair, two chairs, a little foot rest, and like we had red zone going and like just sitting there and me and him maybe said it like six times, like bro, this.
Speaker 3: Is so sick.
Speaker 1: We are so happy to be here.
Speaker 11: And like once it's over, settled and done with all of that ship but again, shout out that feeling.
Speaker 1: It's a good feeling.
Speaker 3: It's a good feeling, Mitch, Like I got one. I got a great one.
Speaker 6: You guys have never heard this before.
Speaker 3: By shout out.
Speaker 7: Every shout out goes to birthday weeks. When I was growing up, it was just the birthday. You'd celebrate the birthday.
Speaker 3: Birthday weeks because it's my birthday week.
Speaker 7: Hey, birthday weeks are awesome and birthday.
Speaker 3: Special.
Speaker 7: Dude, Will's is nineteenth, my wife's is eighteenth. She grew up doing birthday weeks, and they would make like a big deal, just like starting on that Monday or Sunday. You just like celebrate every single day. It's been fun. She does it for me, it's going to do it. What's up with all the l's what's up with all the eye rolls?
Speaker 3: What's going on?
Speaker 7: All right, let's hear let's hear it.
Speaker 5: For me personally, my birthday is on Christmas, so just forget that. My birthday is barely celebrated anyway. So when people are talking about, oh, it's my birthday month, it's my birthday week, Like, hey, honestly, nobody cares so except for Jill. Jill shares the same birthday as my brother. Yeah, so we'll let this birthday, this can be the birthday week.
Speaker 1: I'll celebrate.
Speaker 6: Birthday weeks birthday week.
Speaker 3: I can know. I'm not going to shout out. Finally get into my apartment.
Speaker 5: I will the last thing I'll do is give them praise, but I'll shout out. As sad as it was, I have to shout out the fans at South Carolina and Williams Brice. We went through one of the worst feelings, worst experiences you could ever have. But game day and in the stadium, they showed out. We have not seen a crowd like that.
Speaker 3: Man, I don't even know.
Speaker 5: Like the Tennessee game was epic, but there was something different where like we had some swagger about us, and the fans just like they truly made a difference in the game. And nothing fires me up more as a fan than seeing other fans make a difference. I bought my ticket to the Old Miss game. During the LSU game, I'm like, I have to be there for our next war. Yeah, because I promise you if I'm there that's not happening.
Speaker 3: I will go on the field I had I would have.
Speaker 5: Maybe we'll get into all this stuff later. But shout out to the fans in Columbia, South Carolina.
Speaker 3: Y'all showed up. Keep showing up in my game. Cocks Chandler. Bro, Hey, Jack, I hate to cut you off. We got to get boy rolling. I gotta get rolling. No, no, we'll get it. We'll get you one when we do the intro, when we do the intro. But Bro, thank you for coming on, Thank you for talking about everything. Good luck in your camp. Boys. We're going to camp dude.
Speaker 6: Back to war, back to war today, back in the foxhole, back in the fox hole.
Speaker 3: And I can tell, like, you know, Mike's a good friend of mine. Clearly he doesn't feel the same about me because he's leaving before my birthday. He's going to be gone, and his fight is on November seventeenth, like our second one is due in mid November, so he clearly doesn't think about being able to get to the fight.
Speaker 6: I didn't plan my entire career around here. You're right, you're right, But I am here on the bus for your birthday week, so I mean that's right.
Speaker 3: That does mean something. I appreciate you, man, because they did. I know it leaked over the weekend. We kind of texted about and talked about it. And you're on the bus. You're a literally always you always come on when something pops off with you. I appreciate it.
Speaker 6: And Monday after the fight, November eighteenth, I'll be here on the bus, win loser, no matter what.
Speaker 3: I'm here on the bus. So let's do it. I appreciate you, bro. Let's go, baby, be a wolf, Be a wolf. Love you guys.
Speaker 6: Shout out to the boys.