Speaker 1: Of the Law and Order franchises. SVU is considered especially watchable.
Speaker 2: We are the amateur detectives who kind of investigate the vicious felonies. These episodes are based on.
Speaker 1: These are our stories.
Speaker 3: Done done yay.
Speaker 2: Another episode of that Semessed Up an SVU podcast.
Speaker 1: I Am Lisa and I Am Kara, And every week on this show we recap as view, we talk about the true CREB is based on, and we interview a celebrity guest and actor from the show, and so many layers. It's really it is three podcasts in one. You're welcome. What what it's okay? So this episode is coming out August twenty sixth. My lord, that's after labor is it now? It's no, it's not, bitch, I'm dumb. It's Labor Days coming up. I'll be back in La this at this time that this episode comes out. Right now, I'm at my parents home, but I'll be back in La. I'm getting to the point where i am missing being at my home.
Speaker 2: Way wild. Yeah, tell me more about this journey. I just how did you feel on the East?
Speaker 1: What are your thoughts? Was it what you wanted?
Speaker 4: Not?
Speaker 1: No, I think it's been great. It's been great. We've had a lot of fun. I got to do a fun weekend down at the shore with some friends. I'm seeing some friends in Vermont, and I mean it's just like, uh, it's just a lot to be like, I don't know, out of your house without like but you know, you're like on the road all the time for weeks at a time, so like, but it's just that. And then like, but the kids are like very resilient. They're like down and having a good time. But they are at a farm camp this week and absolutely loving it. They did not enjoy the pub camp the week before. Oscar did try to escape. I don't know if I already talked about this on the.
Speaker 2: Please talk about puppet camp. The fact that you didn't were pills.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. The public camp was like the puppet camp was at this kid's museum that my kids love to go to, and I was like, Oh, this would be great. They'll do a little puppet stuff and then they'll go around the museum. It's like a but it's like a kid's museum, you know, so like there's water, shit, there's stuff to do, and like every day I'd be like, did you go to any exhibits. They'd be like, no, they didn't let us, Like I feel like they were in a dark room all day just playing with puppets. They let them see the museum they like, I said something like the second day, and the councilor goes, yeah, I'm gonna ask I think they should see more. And then the kids were like they took us to one thing. Like I just thought there was more them. I can't understand why it's hard to like keep track of like two dozen thirty kids or whatever running around a museum, but like because there's also regular people that are just there to be there, you know, I know, but that's like life, that's what you do, I know, the job, like I know, and they're wearing they're wearing pinnies. Like I was like, they're easy to identify, but like they were inside it was really hot out. It was like are they going outside and all They're like, it's just been so hot and I was like fair enough, but like they just like the first day Rosie said it was great, and then the second day she was like, I'm kind of like they're not letting us out of the room. And I was like, okay, you're in a dark room all day. How many puppets did she make? Or that she made a sock puppet, she made a gluppet, which is like a glove puppet. She made some little like hate like some little like stick puppet. She made a marionette. Both her and Oscar made a marionette. How am I transporting the marionettes back to La you ask, I don't think I am I leaving the marionettes. I don't know, Honestly. I went to the final show and Oscars was Oscar quit halfway through. He came inside on my lap. He goes, I don't want to be in the show. I go okay, And then they did a little puppet show at the end. It was like a show in the last day for the parents. Rosie. Halfway through the show, I literally mounted her, I go, are you okay? And she she looked upset, and we found out later she had strep throat, but she was literally looked so like. But the beginning of the peppert Shore, she was okay and she was singing along to the song, and then it's like it hit her and she just looked miserable, And I was like, I go, are you okay, and she goes I'm tired, and I go uh oh, and she gots off. I can feel she's hot. I got to take her for a strap tests she gets I will say I got her a strip test and antibiotics all within an hour, courtesy of my mom being a pediatrician. So that was helpful. But oh yeah, you really got the goods. Yeah that was good. But you know, my mom's not working anymore, so she just has to call into her old place and be like you still remember me, and they, of course like she started payless, so they let me in. Yeah, but thank got It was like a Friday and it was like right at closing, like, so I got in there, got her the beds and so did the other kids look happy or were they also upset to be at this No, a lot of them looked psyched. A lot of them look psyched, and I think Rosie would have been psyched. I think Oscar was like a little bit young again. I was sneaking him into this camp too young, and that is something I need to learn that I can't keep doing. Like he was too young and I snuck him in as a four year old when really it's a camp for five and up, and he did try to. He did run out the front door. They called me to tell me later. That was the last day. It was like the day of the puppet show. And they called me and they were like, he ran out the front door, but security got him. And I was like, great, I'm glad security was on it. And then he ran through an emergency door to go to another area. I was like, well, he clearly doesn't like it there. But they were calling me at one o'clock and I go, I'm coming at two o'clock for the puppet show. There's really nothing that can be done. They were like, Oh, we're just calling to let you know we've got it under control. I was like, I don't know if you do. He's breached two perimeters now, but you know, I got to work. So they do what they do. But now they're at farm camp and they fucking love it. They're outside all day. They're with goats, chickens, rabbits, like these huge bunnies little baby chicks. Sounds like a camp I want to sign up for. Yeah, it was very Lisa coated camp. And like they love When I drop them off, they show me all these things they love it. Rosie gets to do cooking. She's the upper grades. They get to cook things. It's great. If you live in the Connecticut area, DM me and I'll tell you what it's called. If you live in the Fairfield County area, I'll tell you what it's called. Great little camp. But yeah, they're they're excited. I mean they're they've been fine. I'm just like, you know, you just get to a point where I'm like, I'm excited for like next week I'll be with all my sibs and stuff at my brothers. So but at the time of the release of this episode, I will be home and we are in the time machine.
Speaker 2: You guys, what are you gonna do? Are you gonna get like joy? Like, what are you gonna do when you get back to La God? Well, you know around get BurgerKing impossible? Like what's your day about?
Speaker 1: I got a burger king impossible this week here. Actually, that's funny that you said that I got one this week. And my parents, like my mom's been like making dinner every night, and I'm like, you don't have to make a dinner every night. Like we're just gonna get impossibles tonight, Like we're in the mood and we haven't had one in like a month, like a long time, and she was like. We were like, do you guys want anything from Burger King? And my parents both acted like so above it. They like got they were like no, and then eventually they were like, Okay, actually get us fish sandwiches. So we got them Burger King and they were like this is delicious. They like loved it. But my dad likes to pretend he's too good for stuff like that sometimes and honestly he's not. So uh, he loved his impossible. But when I go back, I have to like put my house back together, because like I cleared it. I like I didn't like get rid of furniture, but I like cleared our personal shit out of the way for the renters. So I got to like get all my frames, like you hit it all. No, not like frames, but like all of my like toiletries out in my bed bathroom, like all the things in my bathroom drawers, Like the bathroom was basically cleared out, like I cleared up. Yeah. But the day after we get back is the kids' first day of school, and so all I have in my calendar to do is research for our podcast because we record soon after. So like I don't really have you know, too much on the cow when doing this podcast, Like it's like it really does feel like college, Like yeah, kind of.
Speaker 2: And so I had an early spot in the West Village and then a really late one and so I sat at the vest of you, like I sat at the cellar working and everyone was asking questions. You know, it's like me sitting on a laptop in the dark, and yeah, I don't know. People are impressed.
Speaker 1: Well late speaking of you just brought up college and it just reminded me of college students like using AI to like write their papers or whatever. But have you seen this like meme that people are passing around that's like, yes, I do judge you if you use chat GPT, Like if you're seeding your creativity to a machine, I think less of you or whatever. But what do you think about people that are not like professional communicators? You know, like people that are not like don't have like degrees in writing and they don't talk for a living like some people that are, Like I've talked to some friends that use chat GPT.
Speaker 2: You're the library talks to a friend, right, Like you learn you find an example on Google, Like I don't. I agree, there's like a humanity we're willingly giving away. Yeah, And the examples in that meme were like, yeah, I judge you if you can't write a text to your wife or a eulogy for a loved one without a computer doing it for you, Like that's fucked. But then I saw another me, like another internet thing where it was like.
Speaker 1: There's a college professor.
Speaker 2: I don't know if this is real, but to get everyone to be against AI, he basically is like, okay, put in these topics like print out a paper from or I don't even know if people print, like get a paper from the chat GBT. And then it was like fact check it and correct it for grammar, and he said like that turns the class against it, having to actually like proof freedom.
Speaker 1: Oh, they actually see how bad it is. Yeah. So I don't know.
Speaker 2: I actually saw that this morning, so I don't I didn't look further into it, but like, yeah, I do judge you. And I had this conversation with my sister because she was like, well, I'm not creative like that, like I can't write this thing, and this helps me. And it's like yeah, I have friends, there are many resources like you and you have time and you could figure it out. And it's like you also are a professional, Like I think people are selling themselves short like you worked for decades in a like communicating with children, Like stop selling yourself shore obviously if someone has disability, Like there's so many things I'm for, but I want the human element. We are succumbing to just profit like always, But it's like what who benefits?
Speaker 1: I mean, like I have friends that are like I have friends that are like it takes forever to write an email. I can't think of words this and that. So the chat gypt just like helps me. And so when I saw that meme, it just made me think of this friend and like people that have said something along those lines to me. And I'm like, yeah, if you if you have to write like a difficult email, I guess yeah, if you can't write a eulogy and speak from the heart about somebody who who died, that you've been chosen to read a eulogy, like that's I there is a.
Speaker 2: I understand the good uses and like, yeah, you're writing an important email and you get that, but it's like I don't know I don't think it's worth it. I don't think for like one woman who can't write an email, it's worth everything that's happening. I'm just like giving it up because at the end of the day, like we want a functioning world, right, And like I don't know, but I also might just sound like an old person and old people always I know, I'm your technology. Yeah, but it's like, what is life about if nothing is real? Like I don't understand. I don't get it. Isn't the challenge of having to write or do something that you don't know how to do, the point of school in life and the world around us, Like I don't. I think maybe it's like the fastness of what people want from you. Maybe that's the stress. But it's like someone said that. Who said this on a podcast? It was on an episode of Stradio Lab and this was years ago, and I think I brought it up on this pod, but was it Jake Cornell? But it's like life's about going and buying stamps, Like that's what it is. Kurt Vonneguet has a little thing about that, but it's like, that's what that's.
Speaker 1: What life's about. Yeah, seeing a different person going and doing a little craft figuring stuff out, you know, I just I don't know doing things is cool, Yes, I mean I totally agree and learning because people ask us all the time. I would say, like, oh my god, you do your own research.
Speaker 2: You do your own research, and it's like, of course, like I want to have a point of view of the research, like we could get researchers, but what is then.
Speaker 1: Why am I doing this? Why am I any of the And I'm afraid of you.
Speaker 2: And organize it in the way that I want to tell it because it's and how do I know what sources you're using?
Speaker 1: What if I'm against one er? I don't like this or like, I mean, it's not for me that even when I google something the AI answer at the top, I always skip it because it's like always wrong, like it's oh I always I do subtraction AI, so I don't get any of the yes, really, I just scroll past it. Like if I put it in like what does like what.
Speaker 2: Does this statue mean or something, the searches can still be AI formulated like I do negative.
Speaker 1: A, so nothing is there interesting.
Speaker 2: But it's also like if I just let someone research, like would they have figured out that like parental alienation is actually a tactic used by abusers, Like I don't know, there's just like I don't but I enjoy this. I guess if I hated everything that I did, I would do a computer too, because I wouldn't want to do it. So maybe I'm coming from like a privileged place.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I think it's like people that are just like I have to get this important email written and I'm not going to writing emails and I don't. I don't have all day, so like I'm just gonna have chat ch and it's an unfair quote unquote fight.
Speaker 2: So like you're going and asking a computer with infinite internet things and I'm being a normal It's kind of how I felt like I was getting ready with a friend years ago and I was watching and I'm like, do you do all that every time? And she was like yeah, And I was like, oh, like I didn't realize people were doing all that, you know, Like I'm kind of a Tintin moisturizer blush. I love getting my shit professionally done, but I have I've used the same colors and brands and thing products for years and so watching her like powder and do all this stuff and highlight. I was like, oh, this is an unfair game. I didn't realize we were doing all that. So that's another thing. It's like we all have to give up our humanity. I don't get that. But like if you can't text your partner without chat sheet, like that's what I'm saying, Well, I trust humans, yes, but people are doing that, and that's what I don't trust. I don't trust it. We should not give this people because people are not trustworthy, I know. But with a partner and they're asking the computer stuff, I think that's nuts.
Speaker 1: I just feel like the toothpaste is out of the tube onet like I don't know what we can do, you know, and that's scary. Are human?
Speaker 2: I just don't get it. I don't care. I don't get why people are not more mad about it. It bothers me. My nephew's roasted me. They were humiliated by me. And I get computer stuff, I get medicine stuff. I get like helping disabled people like I get so it has good, it has it has like I just don't trust people. So it's like, yeah, I want to help people that are just maybe they have dyslexia, and this would change everything for them, right, like and they but uh uh, it doesn't mean you're just because you have dyslex You could talk something now, you can like talk into your father.
Speaker 1: There's like say it dictation. Yeah, there's all kinds of things. I didn't know how to. Well, I'm a professional speaker.
Speaker 2: It's just it's tough because I like when I officiated the wedding, I got the handbooklet from the internet church right or whatever it is, and I looked at the examples, and then I went and talked to other people that I know have done it, and I wrote down their advice, and then I used the format of this thing and put my own words in it and ask someone to read.
Speaker 1: Like I guess I could have just put into.
Speaker 2: Jet GBT that they like tie food and met at Portfolio School.
Speaker 1: You know, it's like or I could have done that. Yeah, people would have been like, why does Lisa sound like a robot up there? This is weird? Is she high? I would be devastated.
Speaker 2: I asked you to do a speech at a thing that really means a lot to me, and a computer put it together because you can't spend a little extra time.
Speaker 1: I don't get it. I never will. I know. I know, maybe maybe someone will DMS and convince us, but I know, I mean, I'm like talking about for like people that are maybe not even using it for profit or for something special. They're just like using it for rudimentary But I get I mean, I get it.
Speaker 2: I'm taking away what they're in life. And I am with the youth like I'm on my phone too much. I feel disconnected, like I was in Skochie and it was just like I nothing is new. I feel so cliche, like I'm embarrassing. But I just I miss going to black bus. I miss human, I miss I miss the thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I miss, which I think is why New York is like New York is such a different city because you are just like among people all the time. You have to be among people, like you can't be as isolated as you can in Los Angeles. And then things like chat, GPT and Zoom therapy and everything is like making everybody more and more isolated. But like New York, I feel like is one of the last cities that's like holding on to, Like you have to be out with the people, and I love that about it, you know, Yeah, CHATGBT therapy that's scary because I have the nerd in cells.
Speaker 2: It's not real. It's like I have that use this chagypt into the most misogynistic shit.
Speaker 1: What. I have a friend that uses chat gypt to like walk her through certain therapy things, and she she knows. She's like, I know how to like train it to like help me. And I was like, wow, I don't get it, Like I don't. I don't. I've never even used it, Like I've never used chat GPT, so I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I'll eat my words if I'm wrong, but I don't think or words won't matter.
Speaker 1: It's like people aren't reading.
Speaker 2: That's worrisome, Like, oh, who's gonna be a doctor? The doctors are using chat gibt Like it's just scary.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: It just scares me, and I'm not into it. I'm not into it. I don't want a driverless car.
Speaker 1: I want Oh my god, I do not want a driverless car. I don't. That is so scary to me. Okay, okay, yeah, let's get started. We've got a great episode for you guys today, and we did not use chat gpt to make a second of it. Oh my god, we've.
Speaker 2: Been dying to do this episode, so I'm really excited. I feel like we've been and it's similar to others, you know, but yeah, we like it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But for some reason, the first ten minutes, I was like, have I never seen this episode? Like it wasn't until it developed a little more that I was like, oh, yes, okay, now I know I've seen this episode like a hundred times. In fact, I confuse this episode with another episode that we've done. I think I confuse this episode with Mother. I like conflate that episode sometimes, but no, I remember this wedding so well. Yeah. For some reason, it's like when they're finding that, I'm like, what am I watching? I've never seen this? But it was a weird feeling. But then I was back.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: It is kind of like SVU and Simpsons do have that in common, where the first ten minutes truly could have nothing to do with the rest of it, Right, it's just an intro and it's uh, yeah, it'll spin out. But season eleven, episode nineteen, we're doing con and honestly, the title doesn't actually make sense, does well.
Speaker 1: I think that the episode of the title is about the first like twenty minutes, like, and I'm going to talk about something that's related to that, Like it's mostly about a sort of a Red Herring character.
Speaker 2: Yeah you know, yeahah yeah. All right, so music is playing. We're at the end Tale of a Wedding. Okay, we already mentioned the wedding, and a bridesmaid is sitting alone. She's not happy she's sitting she's pissed. A man in a red suit comes over to flirt and he's like, I've been watching you all night and she goes, yeah, and I've been watching you and you've tried to fuck everyone in here, and I'm not going to be your last last bet hurrah. And he's like, come on, you got a room and she goes, yeah, with my parents and it's like, your twenty seven, get your own room.
Speaker 1: What are you doing.
Speaker 2: You're in a fucking hotel room with your parents at this age, I don't get this at all. He leans in and he's like, well, I know a place where we can be alone, and she goes, what type of girl do you think I am? And now they're in a closet hooking up, but she falls over and she does fall on a dead body. Face is mangled blood all over the face like and eyes wide open. Knock good, she's hyperventilating, He's in shock. Annie's pissed because he's not able to like get his dick wet.
Speaker 1: And then Melinda's on the scene quickly.
Speaker 2: Male late teens blunt force traumas of the head, no wallet, Benson and stalebar are like, e, that's a bad face and it's truly been beaten off, broken teeth like, but the purp did leave a murder weapon, so that's means like, probably not planned, probably not a professional hit.
Speaker 1: And the teens dick is out, which reminds me. So.
Speaker 2: A comedian was on stage and I hated their materials so much and but a part of it and I did speak to them immediately after. I go, listen, this might be annoying and nitpicky, like you don't have to listen, but what you're doing is fucked up. But basic it was a pedophilia joke, but she kept saying slept with a child, and so when she got off stage, I was like, that's actually not a thing.
Speaker 1: It's rape a child. You should say rape a child. You can't fuck a child.
Speaker 2: And it ended up being a back and forth where she's trying to question me and it's like, you're you're just wrong.
Speaker 1: I go, I go, it's just not a thing that exists.
Speaker 2: It's just not a real thing because sex implies consent, and with a kid, there's no consent. So when you say sex with a kid, you're saying something that does not exist, so you have to say rape.
Speaker 1: And she it was like, I think she was annoyed. I guess I don't care, but just telling you about it, Yeah, oh well, well I can't wait for you to tell me who this is. But then she goes, well you would say fuck a dog.
Speaker 2: And I couldn't think of a comment fast enough, but I wish I was like, well, there's no dogs here in ma Audie, like, what are you talking about? And it is right too. She goes, do you think it like normalizes it? I go, no, that's exactly what I think it is. I go, the language is normalizing. It's like when they say underage women, that's not a thing. These things don't exist, and you're using the language of pedophiles while like, excuse it. And then she also had a joke where she goes, it's so hard to be a pedophile that's why rich people do it, right, Like it's so hard and it's so hard to do, and it's like, no, it's actually the easiest thing to do.
Speaker 1: That's why losers do it.
Speaker 2: That's why losers fucking do it, because it's easy to trick a child, like I don't know, it's just because I like doing spicy material, like I enjoy doing edgy shit. But it's like, what is your goal here? What is your point? Who are you siding with? Why are you saying this? Yeah, and why are you arguing with me when you should actually be thinking me because you're a fucking like pedophile forgiver.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Ew Okay, I'm glad you said something. Okay, so now we're back.
Speaker 2: Okay, So the teen dick is out and Stabler is on one and he goes, well, the victim has his own weapon out, and it's like, yeah, that's why Melinda was called. And so there are fluids. Benson and Stabler are like Penn and Teller here. It's really one of them got off and then the killer off to this kid, easy come, not so easy go.
Speaker 1: We need to we need one of us or one of you intrepid listeners needs to seriously make a list of like all the cum jokes they make on this show, Like they make so many cum jokes. He came and then he went easy come, not so easy go, like so many cum jokes. Yeah, you know what that is. This kid's sitting here with his fucking face beaten off and you're making cum jokes. It's kind of funny. It's like, where do we draw the line at Huci who like it's confusing?
Speaker 2: Okay, So, but the kitchen's right down the hall from this janitor's closet, so someone must have heard something and Minch, I.
Speaker 1: Said, Minch, Minch, Finch is fan munch fan fiction. That's Finch, Is it really? No? I made it up honestly. Okay, that's our new thing.
Speaker 2: So Finch are together right, so fun Okay, fin Shirt canvassing the staff. We got a chat with the lovebirds as well, so and looking at them, it seems like this trauma is gonna make them last long term. Like I like, they're suddenly like really into each other, but they're both like it was so fucking gross. She goes my hand landed on his crotch. They saw the guy at the reception and this dude's actually a server. That's why he's wearing a red suit, and everything makes more sense. But he remembered the shirt because the guy like he was serving him drinks all day. So this kid not only had a bunch of drinks, he also had a whole tray of many keysches. So they asked, like bride or groom side, but nobody fucking knows, but we did. What we do find out is the bride was yelling at him, and then the father of the bride threw the sky out, and then the woman's like, listen, my friend is a bridezilla, but I don't see her killing a dude like a teen and scratching off his face bloody and Benson, it makes a little joke again and goes, maybe he gave her the wrong China pattern.
Speaker 1: I think if you're wearing all white and you bash someone's face in, there's gonna be a couple of droplets. We're gonna have to get Dexter in there, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: It is crazy, like Dexter's giving me a drellale that I haven't had from something in a while, Like I just love it, like I missed him, like I don't know, I'm obsessed.
Speaker 1: Same kid playing his son from They didnt recast it, did they?
Speaker 2: Okay, And even Stabler looks at Benson like, bitch, relax, stop with their little China jokes.
Speaker 1: Come only here. And we're in the credits.
Speaker 2: We're in the credits and we're talking to the bride and groom in the lobby and they've never met the city it before wedding crasher.
Speaker 1: He made a toast which is so bold.
Speaker 2: And then the groom, who is played by an actor who's also in season sixteen Agent Provocateur with Patti Lapolm. His name is Kareem Savillan, and I recognized him from the other like, I went, this is an SV guy and it was so I felt it was.
Speaker 1: The groom who has like one line in this You're like, I've seen him in another one. Yeah, a symptom of the illness, yes, But also he's in an episode of Girls.
Speaker 2: He was the door guy that Showshana Me makes out with in season two while she's dating Ray. So whatever, if you're listening, I recognized you immediately. But anyways, he goes, oh, man, that was the best toast of the night, and it's like, what duds.
Speaker 1: Are you hanging out with that? The best toast was done by a tea and you've never seen a stranger, he said.
Speaker 2: People were in tears, but then they realized nobody knew him, and so the dad walks into the lobby and he's like, that mooch, he ruined my fucking wedding. I could have killed him, and it's like, you shouldn't say that to the police, but the dad just threw him out the fire escape. So now Finn is watching the footage with hotel security, and you know, it's a good looking guy before his face was bashed in and that's I don't know if I said that or Finn, so I don't know, but the only way back in. The security guard says this through the lobby, but no one ever came in through the front, so how did he get back in? So we keep watching the camera of this back exit and someone opened the door for him, so it has to be someone from the reception. Now we're back to footage from the lobby and we see him going up in an elevator with another man and it's an old guy and they get off on the seventh floor and into the same hotel room, so uh oh, someone's getting lucky. And this guy has been in four SVUS Sacrifice, True Believers and Townhouse Incident. His name is Kevin gear And who sadly passed away in twenty seventeen. And he's playing a man from Utah with a wife and six kids. So he's like a in the closet devious type of guy, and he's trying to lie to Finn. But when Finn's like, hun, I saw the security tapes, this guy's face drops and he is the bride's godfather. And basically he was chatting up with this teen all night and the teen brought up going somewhere. The boy's name was Jack, and he charged two hundred dollars, but he's denying the killing. He's like he was in and out in an hour, and he goes, Andy's a thief. He stole my rolex, but the rolex was not found on the body, so now where with Stabler? And he found an ID So it's a sixteen year old Andrew Hingham and Jake is a fake name, which is like fine, if you're, you know, out there selling sex, you can you can go by Jack, you know, But do guys do sexy names like girl strippers and stuff like do guys have like diamond or you know, passion?
Speaker 1: I think, I mean, I just go my mind goes right to Jax Taylor, whose name is Jason Coucy, you know, like he definitely made his name more like kind of hot Jason to Jack's like, yeah, but I don't know. Yeah, I don't know if girls do, Like what was the one we just did where we talked to the girl from passion? Yeah, passion, Like I don't know if they do a little like because what would your name be? Like, I don't know, Yeah, I don't think guys do little names, but yeah, like I don't know if Jack is hot, but I guess Jack's hotter than Andrew. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Anyways, So Finn joins him, and it's like, damn, I wonder how this old man's gonna explain rape of a male miner to his wife, and also where is the watch? And where did you find this wallet? And now much comes out and he's been digging in the trash, so he's the one I found all this, and nobody but the kitchen staff has access to that trash. So now they're going to ask everyone that works in the kitchen. So somebody did rob this child after like this illegal sex work thing. I mean, it's really it's really a lot. So we're talking a lot. It's a lot of steps he had.
Speaker 1: I would say he had a very different night, you know, so many elements of his night, sneaking into the way.
Speaker 2: Like there's just like a lot, a lot going on. So one of the workers is wearing a watch. He stole it. He goes when the girls screamed, they all went running and he grabbed the watch and wallet and he said the wallet was empty. He swears, But they arrest him and the old man and they put him in the cages in the middle of the precincts. Craigan walks by them and goes shut up. So now they're having a center squadroom meeting, and I think it's weird of a meeting about the case with the two people caged up in like listening to the meeting, No.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that is weird. Like they're right there and they're like, Okay, who do we got suspect twice It's like these two guys that are with an earshot. That is strange.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So now they're having a center squadroom meeting. I did just say that and I repeated it, so they do have evidence that this Utah man stayed in his room. And also the kitchen dude was like, take my DNA here and my prints. I don't care, but the watch is twenty five grand and that's a felony grand larceny, So what a bad decision? Like you probably thought nothing of it, and it's like you're going away for a fucking felony. And he's not a citizen because he was scared of Like yeah, he was like, don't deport me. And also did you notice like that even in this episode which came out in like twenty ten, uh Munch at the beginning of questioning, all the kitchen workers goes, we're not we don't care about your immigration status.
Speaker 1: We're not with IC. But they don't say ICE. They say IC and it's like, wow, that was like a term that wasn't even in our minds in twenty ten, you know, yeah, and now it's like unfortunately always on our minds.
Speaker 2: But bummer, Okay, now bigger bummer. Benson and Stabler go tell Andrew's mother that her son is dead, so she's crying. They're still trying to get scoop out of her though, and it's like, can you just give her a few seconds to more in the death of her son, like I don't under like she needs to help investigate now, But she explains her son's always been depressed and she wants to see her son, and they're like, bad idea, babe, Like the face is fucked. But they ask her for a toothbrush or hairbrush or anything that can do some DNA confirmation on him since his face and teeth are gone. So she says, the room is just like he left it, and so they're like, well, what do you mean left it? He ran away seven months ago. He calls every Sunday and Skype and she's been waiting all day for his call, and he came back once back home, but it was to steal her laptop. So now we hear the Skype ring tone ringing, and she's like, wait, wait, I only talked to him on there, and it's fucking Andrew.
Speaker 1: Andrew is alive.
Speaker 2: He has a black eye, and he says I'm scared something bad has happened, and the mom is just so happy he's alive, and then he realizes the cops are there, and he disconnects immediately and he says, don't tell them anything right before hanging up. She's like, why the fuck did you scare him away? You stupid assholes, And dramatic music plays, and now the detectives are back at work. Craigan is apologizing to the mom over the mix up, huge mix up?
Speaker 1: Do you think like they give like do they have gift cards?
Speaker 4: Ready?
Speaker 1: You'll be like, my bad, but here's two hundred and fifty dollars, Like well, I'm yeah, Like you would think they'd say, we know your son is missing. We add some like can we get the hair brush or the teeth? They didn't know they didn't know the sun was missing. They found out there, right but right, but like before you say he's dead, you just go, we do have like you know, maybe you don't say definitively he's dead, just we need help in identifying, Yeah, like an out. Their eye colors are different, like you couldn't even be like, what eye color is your son?
Speaker 2: Like they just went off this ID, but the ID and the body's eyes don't match. Wait, yeah, dude, god, we're good. Okay, So Craigan's like, don't worry those detectives are off the case. That seems like a lie, but okay, Craigan goes on and asks, why, oh, but Finn does take over.
Speaker 1: Finn does take over most Yeah, I was gonna say Benson and Stabler are sort of gone the rest of the time.
Speaker 2: No, Yeah, it's fin heavyer right, So there is no lie. Craigan's setting setting up the Those two are busy. They had like they had to go to like the fucking upfronts or something. There was like a reason they had to let let them out for the day. Craigan goes on and asks, why why would this like dead man have her son's I d She doesn't know because he has no friends. She also denies that her son is gay or a sex worker, but she's more pissed about.
Speaker 1: The gay than the sex worker. So just like preference, I guess.
Speaker 2: But he's been living on the streets and she and so he could be you know, like USh. But listen, she's like, first he is dead, now he's gay. Let me tell you how wrong you are. He was accused of raping a girl last summer.
Speaker 1: What just she's like bragging on it to be like my son is an accused rapist of women, not like just because it would be so bad, like the gay panic of this woman is really on another level, Like that's a wild thing to just offer the police about your son who's on the run and just said something bad happened, like so crazy, So we need more info obviously on all that. So someone called the girl's parents and told them that Andrew forced her to have sex against her will. The psychiatrist talks to the school like his psychiatrists and the parents and everyone, and convinced them that Andrew belongs in a hospital, not in jail, and it's because he's super depressed. And Craigan's like, okay, but that's not usually like a defense for rape. But the mom says, well, doctor Stanton said that Andrew had a complete mental breakdown. She diagnosed him with early onset schizophrenia. He was hospitalized in August and in October there was a huge escape, and she says that people convinced him to run away, like with them. You know, she's a boy mom, so it's not his idea. I thought the same thing. It was like another hashtag boy mom.
Speaker 2: He's very suggestible, she says, always desperate to belong So Craigan and Finn are in a hallway and he is the suspect. Craigan goes, okay, how about we figure it out fully before you know, fucking with this mother again, Like, let's just figure shit out. So Huang is there and to be like, well, you know, hallucinations and voices can lead to violence, but most people with schizophrenia aren't a danger to like themselves or others.
Speaker 1: So we'll see. But I also we've seen it happen on this show before.
Speaker 2: Fit is like, okay, he is depressed, then rapes a girl, then goes to the nuthatch, and then what's a nuthatch?
Speaker 1: That's a mental hospital. Yeah, it's like an insensitive way of saying it, like looney bin essentially for sure.
Speaker 2: But for some reason I was thinking like sneaks into a wedding, so I was like, I didn't know nuthatches are, Like, okay, So Finn says he's depressed, then rapes a girl, then goes to the nut atch, and then possibly murders a gay hustler. That sounds dangerous to Finn, but Huang is like, listen to the listen you know, like the younger you are, the harder it is to treat schizophrenia, and sixteen is pretty young to have schizophrenia, like it's usually more just later teens twenties. Munch comes in and he has photos from the photographer at the wedding, very episode wet, and he says, our victim wasn't the only party crasher. And in the background we see Andrew alone in the background of every photo. So now it's maybe Jack and Andrew are partners. But like this boy looks.
Speaker 1: Really really sad.
Speaker 2: Maybe he's like mad that this guy like that his friend Jack went with this old Utah man and then dragged him into the storeroom and murdered him in a jealous rage. And this is like Munch's little hypothesis. So since he might be a danger, we need him off the streets. Craigan wants to release the photos of Andrews to the public.
Speaker 1: This seems crazy.
Speaker 2: Craigan asks Swang to see how a bunch of people were able to escape Bellevue as well.
Speaker 1: Maybe the Annabelle doll was around.
Speaker 2: So he goes, well, you mentioned he's being treated by doctor Stanton, so I'm gonna start there. So yeah, Hwang goes to meet her she's super hot, half hair pulled, like you know, half up, half down?
Speaker 1: Is there a name for half up half down? Or I have to say half up half down? Every time my whole life had says have said some hair up some here down there is like think that there is. I don't know if there's a name, but I've always said some her up somewhere down.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know why, like a man in the iron mask hare, like there needs to be a name.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like a half Nielsen or something. I know that's like a skateboard move, but like, yeah, there should be like a name for it.
Speaker 2: So she's telling Huang that if I mean to have a character named Huang when the real actor's name is Wang, is like so fucked up.
Speaker 1: It's like, really, they're they're fucking with us. Yeah, I don't know if they could have known that we would someone would be talking about in this detail, this stuff that we do, but it is.
Speaker 2: It drives me fucking crazy. But she's like, if he was under my care, he'd be a fully functioning member of society. Alie Walker is the address, and she is the address. She's the actress and.
Speaker 1: I love her because she has always stuck out to me, like she was in Sons of Anarchy as like an FBI agent who's really trying to get I think she's an FBI agent. She's like really trying to take down Jax Teller and the gang. And she's really good. Yeah, she's great.
Speaker 2: And she got her start on something called Santa Barbara episodes.
Speaker 1: Oh soap. Yeah, so that's like really exciting.
Speaker 2: I just know they're the like I just know people that do soaps are really good memorizers, and I become immediately jealous, you know, I'm like, cool, you memorizing, bitch. So anyways, in the background, someone is getting electrocompulsive therapy, so someone's truly shaking getting electrocuted in the background while being held down. It's like really fucked. And Huang is judging her and asking about ECT and she's like, listen, I'm a fan.
Speaker 1: I love it, and it's just like really hard to watch. She's like, there's actually like no problem with it. They're like, maybe that's the reason he ran away. She's like, no, he actually like loved that, like this was his favorite part, like having a spoon in his mouth and getting fully electrocuted. He loved it.
Speaker 2: God, she walks off and is like, listen, a carn artist scammed his way into the hospital under a voluntary commitment, and Andrew fell under his spell. He this like, this guy was not her patient, but he wreaked havoc on the whole hall. And the guy's name was Jack Robinson, so he scammed keys, he passed three guards, stole ten brand in medical stuff from the pharmacy, So this guy's really wild. And Melinda does find Jack's prince in the system. Something popped up. There's identity theft where he passed himself off as Donald Trump's son.
Speaker 1: Well I miss that, yeah, wow.
Speaker 2: And Melinda also said that his talk screen reads like Elvis alcohol, Benzo's opiates methamphetamines. Prince on the weapon are not in the system though, and they don't match anyone in the kitchen staff, but it matches the prince she got off of Andrew's brush, So did Andrew do it? And Munch is like, but why would he leave his id there if he did do it? And also Jack is nineteen, so Utah guy actually gets.
Speaker 1: No rape charges.
Speaker 2: He did not rape a minor, but his wife's still matt and refuses to pay his bail. So hella, but yeah, so it's like normal sex work. So Melinda goes, I only found Utah's semen, only one set of stemens and so and the detectives ask more questions, and she goes, listen, his father's coming up to id the body, maybe talk to him to get some answers. We meet the dad behind and like you know, behind the glass, and like they put the sheet back over his dead son, and he says, I guess Jack finally conned the wrong person. The dad explains that his son has been running get rich quick schemes from the time he could talk, and the mother always believed him, but like you know, the dad just knew better, and the mom just kept giving him money. He goes, my son was a genius, but once he left, he just like never came back. And they would get video postcards, but that's all he knows about his son. And the videos are like really creepy, and he does look exactly like the blonde Trump son Eric. Yeah, and he's in a suit and he's pitching his parents an investment opportunity and he needs ten grand and it ends with and I love you, and his mom gave him, you know, one more shot and sent him money, but like to wear, what's the address? And the only address that he had was a place he volunteered called Willilliam's home. So Finn goes to William's home and he knows somebody there. Finn walks in and it's Ken. It's his son, former guests of the pod. He doesn't want to chat with him, even though they haven't seen each other in months. And you know, Ken is acting busy, and he goes, what do you want? Like this better be a friendly chat because it's about one of my kids. This can't be good. And he shows him a photo of the boys and Ken goes, that's frickin' frack. Fenn says, well they were. Jack was murdered and Ken is not surprised because Jack lived on the edge. Finn says his father said he volunteered there, but Ken says he never helped anybody but himself. He only crashed there when like something better had fallen through. But like that makes sense, why wouldn't you, like right, I would sleep somewhere better too before going to like a worse pla Like I don't get oh that's a sign of you know, dban behavior. But now tell us about Andrew. We hear he's a good kid, and Ken's like, yeah, I can reach him. I feel like I can reach him, but I Andrew hasn't been here in days. Finn wants like a call if he shows up, and to ask around, and he's like, no, these are street kids. They're not going to round each other. Finn doesn't like that and gets loud and in Ken's face and he's like, is there something you're not telling me? And he goes, these kids trust me and I never told them. My dad's a cop for a reason. And Finn reminds him, you're not a priest. Your shit's not privileged, and he goes, I'll ask around, and that's just to shut him up. So now we go to Taru and you know, Joel de la Fuente is there, Ruben Morales, so many names. Okay, they're trying to crack into his computer that he stole from his mother using her password, and I know you can do this, but this seems crazy.
Speaker 1: But they're controlling the computer.
Speaker 2: He has access to the webcam too, so they'll like see anything that's in front of the webcam and they're just like working his computer because the laptop's just on and open and ready to go and can just access it. And why would the mom give her password up? Nothing makes sense.
Speaker 1: I swear that the mom gives the password up because she seems pissed at the cop. She's like, first you said he was dead, then you said he's gay, now you want now you want my password? Like it is weird, Yeah, but she gives it up. So we're watching live and we see all these buildings and like, yeah, they use the buildings to get the location, and we're on the scene. Finn and Munchs are waiting. It's a nice apartment building.
Speaker 2: Finn leaves Munch though, because his son lives a few blocks away, so he's like, you know, I feel like Ken's holding something back, and he lives a few blocks from you know this wherever Andrew is or Andrew's laptop is. And so Finn goes in, but Ken doesn't live there anymore since December, the old woman says. The old Woman's like, I've been living here since December, and I checked the time stamp and it's February sixteenth, so it says two and a half to three months, like right February December to February, but later month says five months.
Speaker 1: Come on, guys, let's get the timeline correct. I've become the dork. I hate detective. I've become an embarrassment.
Speaker 2: So it's post Valentine's Day, okay, but so Ken's holding a lot back, like Ken moved and didn't. But the woman has his mail and she wants she needs to get it to him, but she does not want to give it to Finn until Finn says that he's a cop and the father.
Speaker 1: But wouldn't the father know.
Speaker 2: They'll give you as an act of good dad or a co like, wouldn't they have the address?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Still suspicious and this is why the elderly are scammed. They're not thinking. So she also and.
Speaker 2: She goes, oh my god, I love Ket, You've raised like an amazing son. He left self address, stamps, envelopes for her and she gives everything over to him and gets what the new addresses. The fucking building that Munch is at so much goes you find anything, and Finn says high blood pressure. Ken moved into this building five months ago, and like I said, not according to my math, but maybe he's like exaggerating and wants something, but this is no coincidence. His son might be harboring a killer. So we jumped to Finn just like pushing it through Ken's door, pushing him against the wall. Ken goes, are you crazy? But Finn's just pissed. They're screaming at each other. Ken goes, he moved in here with his boyfriend, and Finn goes, you're banging this kid, and Ken is pissed.
Speaker 1: He's a minor.
Speaker 2: And you think I'm a pedophile because I'm gay, and Ken screams, Andrew is straight, and Finn goes, yeah, right, his best friend's a gay hustler. And Ken has to break the news that straight men and gay men can be friends. They're allowed to be friends, and Finn goes, yeah, okay, and so what's Andrew doing here? Ken says that he found him waiting on his stoopid when he got home and someone had beat him up and he was very upset. Finn is so pissed that he has street kids at his house and that he's doing counseling sessions there. And Finn's fuming, like you're letting these street kids in here lude steal anything, and Ken screams, I'm trying to get them off the street, and I love him, So Ken says that he had him convinced to go back to his mom's house, and Andrew just stores his computer here to skype with his mother, and Ken gives him privacy. But when like Ken entered the room, Andrew was running freaked out. But honestly, at the end of the day, like stop fighting and find this kid, Like we're done with your little family trauma. Let's go father son, get to work day. So you know, diddy Murder's friend is someone trying to kill him? Like is he in danger? What is going on? Where could he be? And Ken finally does like help his father. So where do like street kids hang out? Hospital Er is a good place to chill, and then they like a hotel conference room is a place to hang out, and they don't look homeless, so they could always just pretend to be like drunk guests. And then also the Metropolitan Opera House, like they go in as everyone's being let out and they hang out in the lady's lounge because there's like a separate powder room and comfy couches, and that's where Ken does find him sleeping. It's super pretty and pink, but Andrew freaks out, like you brought the cops with you, and then Finn arrests him. Fuck you, Finn, like be chill. And then Andrew's screaming like you betrayed me. I thought you were my friend. I trusted you. Ken feels bamboozled too.
Speaker 1: He's screaming like you just said you were gonna question him, what are you doing?
Speaker 2: But they actually can't even talk to him till his mother gets to the scene. So he's in cement room. Bars Kwan, Kragan and Finn are on my shit list right now watching Andrew, but Huang is actually happy, like you know, he's off the streets.
Speaker 1: Ken gets a call from Andrew. He runs in.
Speaker 2: He wants to talk to him, and they allow him to go in there because he's not acting on behalf of the NYPD, but they're listening, of course, but Andrew spills the truth to Ken. He's like, I hated that wedding. I didn't want to be there. I was relieved when he was kicked out, but he wanted to go back in. I should have left. I should have left when he went to go have sex with that guy. But we had plans to steal caviar from the storeroom, and Ken is so disappointed, like, Jack sucks, you can't trust him, what are you doing? And he goes, But he's the one who saved me from that mental institution and he goes, you know, with Jack, I feel alive again. And this guy's such a good actor. And he plays Morello's Morello's right, is he not? Morello's person in Orange is a new Black?
Speaker 1: I think he is. But he's also in the another SF episode later called Institutional Fail, the Whoopy Goldberg episode Oh my God, where he's like the other like he's like the young social worker that's like he's like, you know, he doesn't know how many he has so many cases to keep up with.
Speaker 2: You're not gonna believe this. I brought up Institutional Fail yesterday to somebody. I bring it up all the time. I mean that like monologue Whoopy Goldberg does just like really, oh my god. He was in The Materialists, Oh yeah, John mcgarough, like he's I watch that though, Why don't I remember him? I saw that in the movies. He was in Past Lives. He has a really amazing career, and it makes sense. He's like so good in this episode. He is really talented. Yeah, Orange is the new Black. Vince mcm I don't know, I can't say it.
Speaker 1: No, but isn't John Morgaro also good friends with Ari Grainer, didn't he? She bring him up to us in like one of our first foy That was our third episode we've ever done. If you think I remember who Ari Grainer said that, she remember her talking about how they're good friends. I feel like I remember that. But he's very he's very, very working, very good. How crazy is this?
Speaker 2: He's born February sixteenth to nineteen eighty three, and this episode takes place on February sixteen.
Speaker 1: Oh little b day birthday episode for him, Yes, John Magaro.
Speaker 2: So then he says, oh, no, I can't believe I killed him. So Ken's screams, stopped talking, but he doesn't. We need to know what happens. So he tried to kiss him, so he shoved him off, and he got violent. He was flying high, he was on meth and he tried to rape him orally. And so you know this, Andrew is hitting Jack. Jack's trying to rape Andrew and they're like physically fighting, and then he pushes Jack and he hits his head and he stops breathing, but eyes open, and you know, Andrew's so upset. He's like, I knew, he knew I wasn't gay. I can't believe this is happening to me again. I trusted someone. And he goes, I was so mad that I smashed his face with with whatever I could find. I was so pissed. And then it's like, okay, but why'd you leave your wallet? And he goes, well, I panicked his face was gone. I thought if he was dead, and like people thought I was dead, then I could finally get away. Hwang and Craigan are doing a walk and talk and they're like, well, it's self defense, but also like how do we know this? So I'm glad they're like on board with the self defense of it all, but like, you know, we need to make sure it.
Speaker 1: All aligns with evidence.
Speaker 2: But also he said, you know, like I'm trying to get away, like I want to finally get away. So who what is he talking about? Is it his mom? And Craig then calls his mom a pill popper. But then we find out, you know, Andrew's always been depressed and we're just waiting for Huang to give us some scoop, and he thinks, you know that Andrew has all the red flags for abuse. Huang goes to talk to his doctor, Stanton to get more information. So Craigan sees a girl sitting at the precinct as Huang leaves to go talk to the doctor again. And this girl is looking for Andrew. So her name is Mallory Sidwell and she's the girl that, like Andrew, was accused of raping and got sent to the hospital. And Craigan's like, oh, don't worry, he's in custody, like, you don't have to be scared, and she goes and no, he didn't rape me. This is a giant mistake. I never even accused him. Whoever told my parents he raped me?
Speaker 1: Lied?
Speaker 2: Andrew is my boyfriend. So Huang is now asking Stanton about Mallory and she says, the sexual assault with the schizophrenia happened all at the same time, and he just wasn't in charge of his actions. But then she sees Mallory in wood room blind.
Speaker 1: So I don't know how this time worked out and how Stanton got here, and see like this.
Speaker 2: Is all a little silly, silly, I mean, yeah, I hate. I don't like poking holes because I'm not here to do that.
Speaker 1: Oh I do. I mean there's a lot. There's also like how much trouble could you get in if somebody randomly calls parents and says, did this boy rape you? And then you go, no, he didn't, he didn't, he didn't. He's still getting in a ton of trouble. Like I don't, I don't get it. Like, I guess you could, you know, punish kids for having sex too young or whatever, but like it seemed like this kid got institutionalized based off something that the girl, the quote unquote victim said never happened. So that's what I don't guess.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I think it's kind of like statutory things like if the parents want it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but he's sixteen, yeah you know. So yeah, I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 2: So you're right, you're right. Okay, So so Stanton, I guess is a meeting? Ahnglong didn't go meet her.
Speaker 1: She brushed over, sees Mallory in woodroom blinds and she goes, why is she here? And Wang goes, well, she says it was consensual, and the doctor goes, well, you know, classic guilt reaction. Victims blame themselves, but Stanton is blaming Mallory on the onset of all the psychotic stuff that's going on with Andrew and that she was actually doing all these.
Speaker 2: Sexual advances, so I don't care what's happening. Quang is trying to come up with an answer to all this, and Stanton is knocking all of them down. She's like, if I didn't get involved, the violence would have escalated.
Speaker 1: I'm a hero.
Speaker 2: And Kwang's like, oh, you told Mallory's parents, and she goes, well, I was legally bound to you know.
Speaker 1: He was still a threat to her.
Speaker 2: So it's like, wait, so she's sexually advanced and then he's a threat to her, Like I don't understand what's going on. Yeah, And he's like, wait, so you had him committed instead of jail. His mom must have been happy with that. But she looks down and that means liar, and she says, well, I don't treat Joyce, but I know that she has struggled with her own issues, and I think she was overwhelmed with her later in life child. She says she's been seeing Andrew for about four years and there were tons of barriers that she couldn't break through, and Huang doesn't like her and is like, Andrew talks about getting away. Maybe he was talking about Mallory, not his mother. And she's lost and confused and she's like wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, oh my, you talk to him. She's like, I want to talk to him, but like Huang goes, no, you can't talk to him till he's arraigned. So now we're at the office of eighty A. Kendra Gill who is this? Who is who is Kendra Gill? Who is this woman?
Speaker 1: Who is she? So sorry? It sound like I was yelling at you.
Speaker 2: So Finn's there too, and basically this lawyer is screaming at them like get it together, and Ken's like, I'm done being used. I'm not going on the stand and he's not helping him put away.
Speaker 1: And so Kendra Gill is a defense attorney who later becomes a new Jersey eightya I think, oh does she do shady as shit?
Speaker 2: Is she in the episode where she's shady and like doing something bad and gets caught lying?
Speaker 1: Or like she's later in Father Dearest and Rhodium Knights, which are the Delia Banks episodes, so I don't know mine, and she actually becomes she's yeah, she's a Jersey Ada, and then later she's a New York Ada who works with the SVU. I don't know. It's I don't know. They got this lady a lot of times. Gretchen Eagle if we've talked about her, because I've looked up that name before. Yes, what that's the answer to the age old question who is Kendra Gill?
Speaker 3: Go on?
Speaker 1: Is that merch? We all everybody just wears who is Kendra Gill? Merch around?
Speaker 2: So whatever, he's not on the stand, but we're they're like, listen, he's only looking at probation, you know, for going to town on the dead body. It all seems accidental, like this is chill and Ken's like, oh wow, thank you. So now that that's done, daddy needs infoam So Ken's like, listen, the mom's an absentee parent.
Speaker 1: They bonded over that. So like that's kind of shade to Finn as well. Yeah, Finn doesn't even like clock it. I feel like half the time Ken will be like, oh cause you were like the worst dud ever in Finn's like anyway, like he never cares, Finn on paper is truly just like a video games strip club guy bad Dad, but we love him bad dad who was originally a Republican. Yeah, hates immigrants. Oh man, whatever was there abuse in the home? He goes, No, just booze and pills, like she never did anything to him. Ken's like, you think she like hurt him, and Finn says, I don't know, but I want to make sure he's safe whenever he gets home after he makes bail. So Finn goes to talk to the mom to see if Andrew's there. She goes, I'm gonna go pick him up right now. Finn goes, no, he was bailed out that morning. She says, no, no, I'm on my way now. It took me a second to get the money together, but somebody already paid bail.
Speaker 2: So like, wait, what's going on? And why didn't he come home? So what's happening? Like is he not coming to you because you're abusing him? And she's like, I have never abused him, and I do believe her because she's so shocked by the question, and but like, why isn't he coming home? And it's and she's ashamed. She is ashamed and she doesn't know she the best she could. Finn says, okay, well, let's go find out who bailed him out. And where do we go? Doctor Stanton's house. She's in a silk robe. She looks like she just got fucked and she posted his bail and Finn and Huang are there and she's babbling and Finn calls her a lady. He's like, listen, lady, and she says she's doing the best thing for her client, and Huong goes really moving in with a patient a little unorthodox. She tries to slam the door, Finn does not allow it. He pushes in, runs up the stairs. George is well like following, and Andrew's on the floor. He's drugged up, and she goes, well, he's been off his meds for months, so I'm easing him back into his regimen, but he is zonked out. George is like, we're just here to make sure you're safe, and then we hear a baby cry. Everyone freezes, and Andrew just wants to sleep. Things are not good. But also this woman's in a silk robe while she's with a patient, and she's giving him drugs in her bed and who is this baby?
Speaker 1: And they left I can't believe they leave him there. It's like he's sixteen and she's in a silk robe. And am not like why they've a read more or less and she has no custody of him. But like, I don't know if they can take him into custody if he hasn't done a crime. I don't know. I do not know. Ugh.
Speaker 2: So we're at the precinct and Benson is with me. She's like, wait, an underage patient living with a shrink. This isn't good. Like, what do you mean you left him? It really is not like our people. I really am confused. So Finn says, she's bang in him and we just talked about this, okay. So Craigan says, that's a serious accusation. And it's like she's in a silk robe. I don't know how many more times I can say this. So but Andrew isn't complaining, but he is a minor, and Finn's like, she is kind of hot.
Speaker 1: It's like she hasn't whacked out on drugs. Finn wants to know how the baby daddy, like who is the baby daddy? Not how he is? Who is it?
Speaker 2: And so she's been seeing Andrew since he was twelve. That's the onset of puberty. So Craigan wants more evidence and it needs to all be air tight, and Benson says, like, stop, if Stanton was a man and Andrew was a sixteen year old girl, we wouldn't even be having this conversation. And it is true, we would have arrested, like if he was wearing a little silk outfit, like yeah, yeah, Wang suggests bringing her in for something else because when they were there with him, he was lucid and not medicated, and like there were no hallucinations, there were no problems. So like if he was truly like suffering from schizophrenia six months without meds, he would have been a nut show, you know, in the words of yeah, this precinct, I would right, right, that's usually a problem. So Benson's like, wait, you think she misdiagnosed him, like he was not even schizophrenic, and then Finn goes maybe even on purpose. So but it wasn't enough to commit him and have complete authority over him, so they subpoena his medical records and we have a mini like claw clip half up, half down in cement room bars. I'm just obsessed with her in her blonde hair, like I just like her so much. So finn is finn is no doctor, He goes, but he needs an explanation on all these meds, and Huang's behind him to, I don't know, it's cute and I just like them together. So she tries to get Huang on her side, like, doc, you get it, and he goes, no, when he left you and went to Bellevue, Bellevy only gave him half the pills that you did. And she goes, well, that's what the dual diagnosis, and Guang goes, no, he does not have schizophrenia. And then you know, Kalana's a Pean clan's a pan I wrote these because of white lotus lore, but they're on the lapans and that means you're not a good doctor, Like you can't mix those together. Those drugs make someone dazed and compliant. And she's stuttering a little.
Speaker 1: Now she gets that Huang's not playing any games, and.
Speaker 2: You know, she has an answer. She's like, oh, you know, it's not an exact science. I adjusted things based on what the condition commanded. And Wong's like, no, no, no, no, no, these two drugs could have killed him taken together, and he shows her all the papers. She sits down and is like, well, I may have made a mistake. So he cut to Andrew and he's having a full monologue. He's like, neither one of my parents ever wanted me. And Benson is like, well, I know how much I know that. Yeah, She's like I get that, I feel you. Also, they now that, like they've found this kid. These two are back on the case. I guess Benson's back on the case. They're allowing her back in. Now, let's get the history of him and her. So he said it started like at first it was a waste of time, and he'd sit there and wait till the clock ran out. And then one day he started and he just poured out how lonely he was and that nobody in the world gave a crap about him. And he started crying and he couldn't stop. And then doctor Stanton put her arm around him, and it was the first time he ever felt love, and she asked if Stanton did anything more than that dumb kiss on foreheads, then cheeks, then lips, and then they started having sex and he was thirteen when it started, and he's like, I loved her and she told me she loved me too, and Benson goes, no, that's abuse, and he goes no, at first, it was awesome until she got pregnant and he freaked out. So he freaked out. He's like, you know cause she's like, you can't abandon this child like your dad abandoned you. So she's a sick bitch and Benson like really cares for him. So she's like, well, let's even make sure that you're even the dad, and he goes, well, no, she said, I'm the only person that she was with for a long time. But he couldn't handle the news of like being a father at sixteen with this guy I like with this woman, and I can't imagine everything he's going through. And so because of all the stress, he started flunking classes. He had to go to summer school and that's where he met Mallory and they were in love. And so he is now learning that Stanton is who told her parents and that's why she lied and said that he was schizophrenic, and so he's like, no, I was crazy and Benson's like, no, you felt crazy because of the meds she put you on, well she you know, and she's shoveling. She uses the word shoveling down your throat, which I don't know. I like that as a as a term. She says sternly and clearly, you are not the sick one here.
Speaker 1: She is.
Speaker 2: So now we hear her voice saying it's the most healthy relationship she's ever been in. Huang is like, oh, so you have bad relationships with men, and she admits that she used to be drawn to psychologically abusive men until Andrew a child, and she says she would never do anything to hurt him, and Finn's like, oh, except break up him and Mallory, and she goes, Andrew is sick and I was protecting that girl and him, and Finn goes, no, you were jealous of a fifteen year old that he dumped you for. She screams, he didn't dump me, Andhuang goes, well, yeah, not for long, because then you drugged him and had him locked up, and Finn goes, that's the only way he would have sex with you, and she's offended. She goes, not true, and she calls Andrew delusional, and Finn goes, wow, that's not really like a nice way to talk about the father of your child. And then Huang starts talking, and she flips her head from Finn to Huang with eyes wide open, tears streaming down, and he says to her, you used his deepest issues against him. Finn says, and now his mother has to help raise this child when you go away, and she goes, I'm not going anywhere, and it's like, who's delusional now, and Huang's like, oh, we got a paternity test, and if it proves that Andrew's the father, then you're going to jail for statutory rape. She exclaims that it wasn't rape and that they love each other, and Huang slowly says, you took advantage of a child. No, she screams, while more tears emerged. You don't understand. Andrew is a man. He is my soulmate. And Finn looks at her in the best face he's ever made in the history of this whole show. Make it a meme.
Speaker 1: He has so many good faces.
Speaker 2: But it's like Popeye, confused judgment, like you crazy bitch, Like I love this space, and so now we go straight. Since Supreme Court allocution and is judge to say Lewis Lois Lois. She's like, so you understand that allocuting and open court about the crimes you've committed. That means you agree to plead guilty in exchange for a lesser sentence. And she does understand that. And the grandma's now holding the baby, and it's like, did we have to bring the baby to court?
Speaker 1: Like? Yeah, you couldn't get a sit like the baby had to be sitting in court.
Speaker 2: Doubt they even allow that. Finn is sitting next to the grandma. Doctor Stanton turns to Andrew and says, I never meant to hurt you, and everything I did I did out of love. And he's listening and sitting next to Mallory, and I will say, this is not an allocution. You're supposed to say exactly what you did and how you did it, and this is like any manipulation tactic, right, So he won't look at her, and then he finally sighiyes her and she calls him a boy that she wanted to protect and heal, but then she fell in love with him. She says that she tried to deny her feelings but they were too strong, and she just you know, she knew that he felt it too.
Speaker 1: He nods slowly and slightly.
Speaker 2: She says, the first time they were together was the happiest moment of my life. She says, I know I'm guilty of things that many people can't understand, but I want you to know that I'm sorry if I ever hurt you, and I hope you can forgive me. She cries and nods, or does he I don't know. So he's pained and confused and troubled, and again he looks down. The people agreed to the plea bargain. So it's four consecutive counts of rape in the second degree, jail of five years for each count. So she is going to prison for twenty years. And Lois hates her ass and she says, you abuse your professional relationship with this boy in the most contemptible way. If I could, I would put you away for life. Gavel, Gavel. She's carried out by the bailiffs while screaming I will wait for you.
Speaker 1: Andrew.
Speaker 2: He is so annoyed, but also has so many emotions, like he's such a good actor. He's crying, it's like paining her, but like he's you know, he was abused, he obviously probably has certain connections and feelings, but also like dealing with this new abuse, realizing that you know, she was the one that had him institutionalized and lied about the rape.
Speaker 1: I mean, this is like a lot for this young boy to handle.
Speaker 2: He accidentally murdered his friend, like this is so he doesn't have schizophrenia right now, we have to raise this baby with his mom and Mallory Like what the fuck?
Speaker 1: I know? And it's like also like this doctor did not need to have the kid's baby, you know what I mean, Like it's like you could have away. It's like, how do you use He was like, yeah, yeah, totally, but whatever. But it's also like full evidence of your crime that you're just keeping in your home, living and breathing evidence of your crime. Yeah. And so I'm glad they gave her twenty years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and yeah that's dick wolf baby.
Speaker 1: So getting into the true crime of it all, you know, some people would say this was based on like the Susan Poulk case, which we already covered in the episode Dearly Beloved about you know, therapists that have relationships with their patients, But we already covered that one so I think the first part of this case and this episode and the reason why it's called conned is based on the Jack character, right, like he's this con man. And then I guess you could extrapolate that to say that the therapist, the psychiatrist is conning people, but like she's really honestly just manipulating and abuse her power. But this con man character I think was maybe based on this this guy named Christian Karl Gerhardt Streiter, who is one of the most famous con men of the modern age. And I actually read a long Vanity Fair article about this man back in two thousand and eight when this happened, and this all happened like this, I mean, it all happened over decades, but you know, it culminated in two thousand and eight, and I read this article back then, and I think it was before even a second piece of the case came forward. And so I'll get into it, but I think this connects to kind of Jack, the like sort of wonderkin khn man who's like, you know, starting scamming from a young age and just like scamming to a level that people that is kind of unbelievable. So Christian Karl Gerhardt Stwriter was born and raised in Germany, and then in nineteen seventy eight, when he was about seventeen or eighteen, he met an American couple that was traveling there and they said, oh, come and see us in the States if you're ever over in the States, and then he used that as an opportunity to go to the States, like he listed this couple on his visa and he went and stayed with them in Meriden, Connecticut, before ending up in Berlin, Connecticut, home of Louandela SEPs with the Savio family, and the Savios said that he told them he was an exchange student, but it came very clear that there was like something off about this guy, Like he would sleep on their couch, but he would wake up in the morning like expecting breakfast to be made for him, expecting his clothes to be washed and pressed for him, like he was some kind of aristocrat. And they were like, get the fuck out of here. So they kicked him out, and his next stop is Wisconsin. He gets to like Milwaukee, and he enrolls in a college class at the University of Wisconsin Milwaukee, and then he's like, you know what, I got to become a citizen, Like, I'm not going to get any further if I'm not a citizen. So he marries this American girl to get a green car in nineteen eighty one, leaves her the day after the wedding, okay, and he's like, thank you so much for the card, bye, like Mary J. Taylor. Yeah, And I guess this is like pre the movie Green Card and all of the shit that has to go down for you to get a green card. But this guy got a green card pretty easily, I guess. And for some reason, she did not file for divorce until nineteen ninety two, even though he left her in nineteen eighty one, so I don't know why eleven years went by. But he goes out to California to get into the entertainment industry, and out there he adopts the alias Christopher Chichester, and he goes around telling people in town that he was in the British aristocracy. He like, uh, he's auditing classes at USC. He knows a lot about cinema. He's like telling people like there's people that they interview in this Vanity Fair article that are like he told me, like, come to this party, you're gonna meet George Lucas and Steven Spielberg and all these people, and like they were all there and they all knew who he was. Like, so he was able to like ingratiate himself into all of with all of these people, like truly one of these like very gifted con men. Right, he feel like you have to have charisma to be a con man, right or yeah, truly not seen at all. Yes, you have to either be silent or beloved. Yes, you have to be like sort of the one that everyone in the room is watching, so that no one suspects anything, or you're like literally camouflaged into the background. So he flirted with rich old ladies. He snuck into members only clubs. Eventually he started living in the guesthouse of a woman named Ruth Dede sohas in San Marino, which is an area I've been too many times. It's right next to Pasadena. It's a very beautiful neighborhood. I guess at the time they said that there were three times of San Marino. There was like the ultra rich, the medium rich, and then like the low and I guess Dedie lived in kind of like the low shitty part of it. But still a nice neighborhood to anyone. And she was also, according to Vanity fair quote known to everyone as a reclusive alcoholic. So he's living in her guest house. God knows if he's siphoning money from her or what even paying to live in the guest house, who knows. But eventually her son Jonathan and his wife Linda moved back in with d and Jonathan is immediately suspicious, like who the fuck is this guy? And he's worried that that this guy is like, you know, somehow taking advantage of his mother. Then in nineteen eighty five, Linda and Jonathan disappear and Gerhart Streider was a person of interest, but he claimed, oh no, they're in Europe and they did get two postcards like stamped from France from parents. Is this show? I will never trust the postcard? I know this. This is Call me on the phone, call me on FaceTime. I need to see you, Like I'm not even like with AI, I'm not even taking a phone call. I'm not taking a message on my voicemail, you know. And yeah, especially after that's what happened with what's his name, who's the who's the psycho? Rudnick, Rudnick. That's what with Rudnick, he sent the postcard. Okay, so in late nineteen eighty eight. But same with Titus will Willifer. What's his name you well, yeah, yeah, yeah, oh yes, he did the same thing exactly in the in the Nanny w Yeah. Oh my got him at my parents' house. So much bosh talk. Anyway, in late nineteen eighty eight, a man named Christopher Crowe is pulled over in Greenwich, Connecticut driving a truck that belongs to Jonathan Sohus, but he fled the area before the cops could talk to him. So Chichester, slash, Gerhard Strid, they're all the same person, right, Christopher Crowe. He is living in Greenwich, Connecticut at this time. He is fitting in perfectly. He dresses the part he wears like silk ascots. He speaks like an aristocrat, custom clothing, like he's got everything's embossed with like his initials and shit. He told everyone he was a film producer in la and sure enough people that would look it up. There was a guy named Christopher Crowe who worked on Hitchcock movies. So he you know, he researches his backstories before he like takes over people's identities and stuff. He gets hired somehow through hobnobbing in Greenwich at a fancy financial firm to do tech. But he would like go on the trading floor and just name drop and tell stories all day long, and until someone checked his social security number and apparently it's the same social security number as David Berkowitz, who was the son of Sam Killer. Oh so it's like he's not David Berkowitz. But it's like, why are you using that social Like I don't know. Crazy. So he loses the job. Then he just gets another job on Wall Street that he is insanely unqualified for. Like he's supposed to like lead this huge bond market. He's like never sold a bond in his life. Catch me if you can truly truly like to that. From coast to.
Speaker 2: Coast, different people, different things, Like it's really wild.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's like, I mean it's Annadelvi. It's like, you know, there's certain people that are to a level with this. He doesn't. He gets this job on Wall Street. He's unqualified. He has no real work experience at all. He doesn't even have a college degree at this point, and most of these jobs, like he talks his way into he obviously just like hobnobbed into them. He eventually gets fired from that job, but at this point he knows that Connecticut authorities are kind of looking for him because of the truck. So he quits and he says, I've got to leave the country, like and the story is always like my parents have fallen ill in Afghanistan or something like. The stories are always wild for why he has to go. A few years go by where he's kind of unaccounted for and nobody really kind of know what's up with him. He's just like lays low, and then the big con arrives. Okay. He reservices in New York City around ninety two ninety three as a physicist slash art dealer slash mathematician named Clark Rockefeller. And he doesn't necessarily tell people he's part of the Rockefeller family, but he he name drops like people from the family, so everyone's like, oh, yeah, he's in the family, so very quickly people start to know who he is around New York society. He has a Gordon Setter, which I don't even know what kind of dog that is, but I guess it's kind of a fancy dog and the dog the dog's name is Yates, which I thought was a nice little SVU tie in. And then he also somehow has a multimillion dollar art collection. He's got a mandre on, a Pollock, a Si Twombly, like, he's got what's a mandre on my fave. Yeah, he's got nice ass art. But this one woman that they interviewed for the article said she went over to his house because she was an art like an art dealer, and like, these multimillion dollar paintings are just like on the floor leaning against the wall, you know what I mean. Like he hasn't even had them professionally hung. Like it's it's like weird. And he used I guess he did this in Greenwich also, but he does this in New York City. He uses the church to gain access to society. So he goes to Saint Thomas Church, which apparently is like the main Episcopalian church. It's probably where bigs Mom goes in that episode, but I'm not going to fact check it. But you know the episode where Carrie goes to church, so and through the church he meets Julia Boss and she thinks he's so charming and amazing. Why don't you meet my twin sister, Sandra Sandra Boss, who is a Stanford grad who is currently getting her MBA at Harvard at this time. So to meet her, he throws a clue themed party. Okay, he throws a full clue themed murdermis street party. He's Professor Plum, she's Miss Scarlett. They are immediately attracted to one another, and people say she's a little bit weird too, Like she's very smart. She ends up getting a really good job at McKinsey, which is like a big consulting firm, and like making a ton of money. But she's not very good with people, and he's like kind of eccentric and like and wild and so like they sort of was like they sort of work together. So they eventually get married. They live in New York, where, like I said, she's making a ton of money. He says that he's working with third world countries helping to solve their economic problems and teaching them how much money to print or something like that, and since their third world countries, he can't really charge them. He sort of makes people think that he's living off of family money or whatever. But eventually he's living off of Sandra's money, right, so that he's able to keep up this ruse even to a higher degree. In two thousand, Sandra leaves him because he's been emotionally and she says, occasionally physically abusive, but he wins her back. He transforms into the old Clark, and then in that time that they're back together, he gets her pregnant. So soon after they find out that she's pregnant, he demands, I want to get out of New York City. Let's move to New Hampshire. So they moved to Cornish, New Hampshire, which I guess is also sort of I've never heard of it, but I guess it's also sort of blue blood, like, like, you know, nice part of New Hampshire. Not all of New Hampshire's beautiful, but like, you know, fancy. And so in two thousand and one their daughter is born. Her name is Ray I think it's for r. Eig H Ray Storo Mills, Rockefeller, and she's born in two thousand and one at Dartmouth Hitchcock, which is where I got my stitches, the only stitches I have on my body. My only scar is from Dartmouth Hitchcock Hospital. It's right near where my camp is. So they call the daughter Snooks. So in two thousand and six, so he did this crazy thing in New Hampshire also where he went into a town hall meeting and they were about to demolish a church and he just held up a check for one hundred and ten thousand dollars and was like, I'll buy the church, and everybody was like, mouths were like on the ground because I guess you know, people were like, what the fuck. So they have this historic house that they've bought in New Hampshire. He's gutted it and left all these renovations happening, and then he buys this church that he wants to restore or something. But they moved to Boston, leaving the church behind, leaving this house that never got fully renovated behind. And it's so Snooks can go to a private school in Boston. Up until then, he'd been homeschooling her. So they moved to Beacon Hill, which you and I have been to Beacon Hill to where my friend Julia. We went to my friend Julia's mom's house. But my friend Julia lives right near where they bought this house. So I texted her and I was like, did you know this whole Clark Rockefeller and his wife Sandra Boss And she was like, yes, my mom knows her liked. I was like, of course, of course there's a connect. Anyway, I just thought it was crazy. She was like, yeah, my mom was on a board with her. The mom the wife was nice. They didn't you know, I don't think she had a ton of interaction with the con man. So, like the character in this episode, this guy is extremely smart. Okay, he knows a lot about history art, He can do accents, he can memorize long pieces of literature, he could play the digeridoo like he's kind of like a savant. He can like kind of do anything. And I think that helps you convince people that you have this background that you don't have. And so because like the didurid is extremely hard to play. You have to like no circular breathing to like play it. It's like not just like I can tickle the ivories a little bit and play a couple of songs. But Sandra was kind of finally figuring this out, Like as they get to Boston and whatever, she's sort of figuring out like that he's not like what he seems, and she hires a PI in two thousand and six who confirm that he is not who he says he is. He agrees to a divorce, surrendering surrendering custody of Snooks for eight hundred thousand dollars, two cars, her engagement ring and address he'd given her, plus she agrees to no further investigation into his identity, so he gives up all. He gives up like basically custody of his daughter for eight hundred k some cars, on a ring, and address, and also to not get busted in July of two thousand and eight, so now they're divorced as of two thousand and seven. In July two thousand and eight, he's on a supervised visit with Snooks with a social worker and suv pulls up alongside them on Marlborough Street. He shoves the social worker out of the way, throws his daughter in the car, gets in and tells the driver to speed off. The social worker is hanging on to the side of the car. Okay, this is like everything about this story is like a movie, and I don't really understand why one hasn't been made yet. Like we're optioning magazine articles all the time. I don't know why this one's like not happening, but everyone is looking for them for five days. And this is where my friend Julia, she goes. It was really scary when he kidnapped his daughter because they locked down, like her whole neighborhood. They locked down Beacon Hill, they locked down Back Bay like looking for this girl. But he got out of the city and everybody was looking for them for like five days. She's missing with him until they finally get a tip that they were spotted in Baltimore and that he's just put down like four hundred k cash for some apartment, some carriage house in Baltimore, and this time he's going by chip Smith. So they lure him out of his apartment because they didn't want to burst into the apartment and like in danger of the child. They lure him out by calling him and say your boat at the marina is taking on water, and he goes, I'll be right there. When he comes out, they grab him, so they arrest him. Snooks goes back to her mom. They moved to London. Clark tries to plead insanity in his case, and he was found guilty of kidnapping and assault and battery with a dangerous weapon because of how he assaults the social worker essentially, and I guess she was dragged for a little bit. He got four to five years for the kidnapping and two to three years for the assault to be served concurrently. Meanwhile, remember Linda and John who went missing so back in May of nineteen ninety four, bones that were believed to belong to John were found buried in the backyard of their former home. But since John had been adopted, I guess they couldn't compare DNA to his family members and identify the bones. And forensic evidence showed that the victim had been struck in the head two times with a rounded blunt object and then stabbed six times, and the body had been cut into three parts. And a nighbour claims that Christopher Chichester as who he was back in San Marino, had borrowed his chainsaw or maybe he was crow at that time. Whatever. A neighbor claims that this guy had borrowed his chainsaw around that time, and the bones were not conclusively determined to belong to Sohus until twenty ten. So in March of twenty eleven, I think once they conclusively confirmed that it's this guy, La County prosecutors charge Chichester Slash Crow Slash Rockefeller aka Gerhartstreiter with Jonathan's murder. Linda's remains were never found, and that's crazy, Like his lawyers tried to argue that maybe she killed Jonathan and disappeared because apparently they were like an odd couple. But it went on trial. It went to trial in twenty thirteen, and this guy was convicted of first degree murder and the evidence was mostly circumstantial. But when they did find the remains, the skull of this body was wrapped in two different plastic bags. One is from the University of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, the other is from USC two places where he had gone and either taken or audited classes. So it was presented at trial also that he had the couple's pickup truck, Like that doesn't make any sense. So he got the max prison sentence of twenty seven years to life. He somehow appealed and got like one year knocked off of it. But he's eligible for parole in December of twenty twenty nine, which is yes, he can't be trusted. No, So I don't know how he's eligible for parole after sixteen years because it went to trial in twenty thirteen. But he'll be sixty eight when he gets out, and he will completely keep scamming. He's currently at San Quentin prison where he paints and has an absolutely wild artist statement on his page like on like like there's this page of all the artists at the jail where they make up their their own like art and like they're obviously writing about themselves in their own style, and he talks about himself like he's one of the greats and he's like some people draw inspiration from others, not this guy. He is a completely original thinker. It's so crazy because it's like literally your whole life has been copying and mimicking and like you know, but on this website he and in prison as an artist, he goes by C. K. Gerhardt Striter aka the artist formerly known as Clark Rockefeller, like aka ta fka Clark Rockefeller the way that it's like fka twigs, Like that's what he goes by, So a wild wild Uh, people buying his art, I don't know. You can look at it and tell me if you think it's any good. I also want to know, like where he got these works, because it was never proven that the works he had were fake, like his artworks that he had, and that was like a major way that he like conned people, is that he had these amazing artworks that people said were that experts said were real. So I don't know. Maybe they were eventually proven fake with like more technology, but like in the two thousands, people were like, no, this is real, Like he's got amandre on and all these and he was buying all these like upcoming artists. He was buying expensive paintings. But then eventually he was using his wife's money for that. So but I don't know how he originally had the artwork. And you know, some people were commenting on our episode that we did about the art heist, you know, the art heives one that like some that I guess people do a lot of like bartering in the black market for this kind of art, because I was like, what are you going to do with this? But I guess also they were saying people use it as a bargaining chip if they get arrested. They're like, but I can tell you where this like famous painting is as like a way to get like a deal. Wow. Cool, So I thought that was interesting since we're talking about art anyway. This episode also obviously has a lot of Mary Kay Latourno in it. I originally wasn't going to cover this one because I thought I thought that the episode Impulsive was more the one with Melissa Joan Hart, but that one is actually more connected to a different crime because like what happens in Impulsive is not what we think even though we think it's like a member. It's like in that one, the kid is like sex obsessed and he like he like basically assaults his teacher. So it's not like an affair. Sadly, I found a case in Minnesota and another one, one case from twenty nineteen and one case from twenty twenty four that is exactly the case of a therapist like molesting raping their young male client. But unfortunately another case of SBU predicting the future. So I think definitely they're talking about Mary Kay Laturno here. The way she reacts like we're in love, we're in life, it's definitely Mary Kay. So this case, I feel like we all know about it. But I'll just go through it really quickly. This case was like the punchline of my youth. Like when this happened, I was like in high school. It was like every late night show, like everybody talked about this all the time. And then you know more most recently, the movie May December is like loosely based on this case. But if you, for some reason actually have no idea what that name is, I will tell you. Mary Kay Latourneau was a teacher and a mother of four who was unhappy in her marriage. In nineteen ninety one when she met a second grader named Villie Flau. He was in second grade when she met him, and then after second grade she would like encourage his art and encourage his creative like pursuits and stuff. And then in nineteen ninety five ninety six school year, she ended up being his sixth grade teacher. So he's twelve, and at that time her life is not going great. Her marriage is hanging on by a thread. She's just had like a miscarriage that's really shaken her. So in June of nineteen ninety six, she rapes Relly Falau when he's twelve and she's is thirty four and even the Wikipedia calls it statutory rape, which I don't understand because if he's not old enough to consent, like, it doesn't really matter if he says I wanted it, if he's twelve, you know, like I statutory to me is like you're eighteen, another person's fifteen, and it's like you're in a relationship, but it's not allowed because it's statutory. Like I don't think at twelve you're allowed to be like, no, no, I wanted it, Like I don't know, this doesn't feel like maybe it was the thing. May it was a deal, I guess. But they do it in the episode too. They were like, you're guilty of satutory rape. And it's like, if she started having sex with him when he was thirteen, if she started i'm sorry, sexually assaulting him when he was thirteen, how is that statutory rape? Like to me, just because he's like, yeah, it was kind of awesome, Like I don't know, that doesn't that shouldn't change it. To me, I'd be like, that's that's the first degree. But she later told Oprah Winfrey that she considered Ville to be quote the love of my life. In September of nineteen ninety six, three months after the abuse began, she found out that she was pregnant with this twelve year old student's child. So much like the episode UH. In nineteen ninety seven, she was arrested because a member of her husband's family called in a tip and was like, you got a this woman is doing something bad. She was arrested and found guilty of two counts of second degree rape of a child. She made a deal with prosecutors that instead of taking the seven and a half year sentence, she would do six months with three months suspended. Butt would have to have no contact with Billy Fillau for the rest of her life. And she agreed and said this was a mistake and it will never happen again. But after she completed her three month prison sentence, very quickly after she's on parole, she gets busted in a car with Billy Filau, like I remember this happening. I was like, oh my god, this woman, like what the fuck? And the judges livid, much like Lois. The judge is livid and reinstates her original seven and a half year sentence. Okay. During this sentence, she gives birth to his second child that she has been impregnated with during her parole. So now they have two daughters. And she's in prison from ninety eight to two thousand and four, and she also did six months in solitary during that time for continually trying to contact Falau. So like even in prison, it's like you're in prison and there's a no contact order and you're still trying. Like so when she got out, they got the no contact order lifted. They got married in May of two thousand and five, when she's forty three and he's twenty one. They got married at a winery and two hundred people were there. I'm like, there's two hundred people that were like, we're down with this. Here we come. You know, I'm surprised. I thought they would be like they got married at a courthouse, you know, like two hundred people were like, we are coming to the Laturnau Fullau wedding and we are going to throw down. They were married for fourteen years. They rarely appeared in public, but they did do a hot for Teacher night at a club in Seattle where she hosted and he DJed. He spent a few years in Seattle area djying under the name DJ headline. But then they started having marital problems in twenty seventeen. They separated in twenty nineteen, and then she died of colon cancer in twenty twenty at the age of fifty eight. She actually had like a very aggressive stage four cancer that like I think she was diagnosed and died within like six or seven months. So a friend close to Falau told People magazine that after she died, he lost a piece of himself. He understands how fucked up everything was in how they got together. He's not stupid, but he can't turn off his feelings completely, and it's a big loss for him. He talked to her right before she passed, and they said everything they needed to say. End quote. So that's the story. I mean, if you watch the movie made December, obviously it's loosely based, but you know, it's kind of like, yeah, you can't turn off the way you were feeling. But it's just like you shouldn't have even been exposed to like that relationship at that age, with that, with those circumstances, you know. And so I don't know, he's got two kids with Mary Kay. He just had another kid with someone else. His daughters now I think are having kids. So he's a grandfather, but you know he's like in his thirties now, damn, he's still so young. I know. I know he's like a thirty something grandfather, but that's because he was a thirteen year old dad. Like it's so, I don't know, it's not good, but yeah, did you see me December? No, it's interesting, Like Julian Moore's really good. Uh and yeah, it's interesting. The guy who plays Billy Flow's kind of character is good to it'sird. He goes to my acting teacher. Oh really, Yeah, he's hot. Hot, he's really hot. But like he like he has a relationship with his kids that are teenagers. That's wild because they're so close in age, like they're not you know, damn yeah, Like I hang out with comics every day who are the age difference of me and of Mary Kay of him and his kids, like thirteen years difference. You know, Like I hang out with people all the time that are like in their twenties early thirties. I'm like, wow, like I could you could be my child if things went really badly. But yeah, so it's funny that they did this because it feels like they hint at Mary Kay in other episodes, But this all went down in like the late nineties, you know, like ninety seven ninety eight is when this was all kind of going down. And they did this episode in twenty ten, but I guess, and that's five years after they got married, after she fit like finished her whole prison sentence. So it's interesting that the show decided to dip back into somebody being that in love with a teenager when there's a huge power imbalance and illegality. But teens are just so annoying. It's like, what what are you in love with? Like I remember Amy Poehler and Tina Feye did like a weekend update about like after another female teacher got busted, like you know, essaying a student and was like and they were like, yeah, it's just like his breath always smells like Dorito's, Like you know, it's like, what is it that you're loving? Like I don't. I mean, obviously it's a control thing and it's mental it's a mental illness thing or of some sort, because yeah, it can't be I don't think it's just like I think it's also like she was in this bad marriage. She didn't like her husband, and then she's like, oh, this is this like a nice person, and it's like but it's it's a child like but you know, and that's it seems like this woman in the episode said she went for psychologically abusive people and then she's like, Oh, I can go with somebody that I can literally medicate into oblivion and they can just be a little blob hanging out with me. But that's that. We have an amazing guest, so don't go anywhere. Our guest today is an actor who you may know from several classic movies from the nineties, including Universal Soldiers, Singles While You Were Sleeping Kazam. But you know her best as the abuse of psychiatrist doctor Franz Stanton. Please enjoy our hilarious conversation with Alie Walker. Alie, really, doctor, this is so cool to me. You nice, doctor Stanton. You're out of jail and waiting a long time, so true.
Speaker 4: I'm off with good behavior. I didn't have sex with any of the young watchers.
Speaker 1: No, but I bet your home she gets out and tries to find him.
Speaker 4: She will, she will, Yeah, I love her child.
Speaker 1: Well. We talked about how it was like based on Mary Kay Latourneau and like she could have she could have only done three months in jail, and she went back to jail for six years because she couldn't seven years, because she couldn't stop.
Speaker 4: Well love, true love. It's so weird. It just creeped me out.
Speaker 1: That I even yeah, wait, tell us, tell us. When you got the script, were you like, oh my god, this is crazy, or were you like, oh, I'm going to play this delusional criminal. How fun?
Speaker 4: Like I was like, just play crazy, just play crazy, Just just play crazy. You'll do Finey.
Speaker 1: Wong's character was suspicious of you right away.
Speaker 4: Always that guy. I really think. I always want to go you're playing the result. Okay, stop it right now, because.
Speaker 1: You always knows everyone's it, you know what he does.
Speaker 4: He's really good.
Speaker 1: I was like a mental His characters supposed to almost be like a mentalist, like he like kind of just like knows.
Speaker 4: He's like, okay, he's just hitting me all the time, like what, But he's also so ethical. Oh well, above reproach is what I like.
Speaker 1: And did you play her like is she also on drugs or no? I'm thinking no, she's just popping him a full of them.
Speaker 4: I think she just had to pump him full of him to keep the relationship going, because, let's face it, he tried to you know, was it Mallory or something. I was like, yeah, what's name?
Speaker 1: But it's like, God, don't you want to kind of know who the last guy Franz Stanton dated was that. This is what she was like, this is the happiest day of my life sex with a thirteen year old? A thirteen year old?
Speaker 4: Where's the baby? I know's like? I was always like, are we going to see the baby? That adds an.
Speaker 2: I've did seeing the baby and poor which is crazy that the grandma would break like why bring the baby to court?
Speaker 4: And why give it to that woman? I mean, okay, I admittedly, but the other one. I was like, why do you think he was?
Speaker 1: The way? I had such a watching It's been going on for quite a few years. Yeah, is it may or is anybody looking?
Speaker 4: Baby's not so true?
Speaker 1: Were you like an SBU watcher before you got apart on the show?
Speaker 4: I knew Marishka for a long time for that, and you know, I kind of run into her in and out of Hollywood and stuff, and I love her. So I was thought, you know. Now, I don't really watch a lot of TV. It's the weirdest thing I do sometimes. But I love that because I knew those guys. So it was really fun and I thought it was a great show. I loved Dick Wolf shows. He was always just like, you know, a great just bump, touch hong, touch hounge. Yeah, allow would very carefully get up, go make a sandwich, come back and okay, I'm on this part.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 4: You know that's really good. I like, I love the show. I mean, I think Risk is amazing.
Speaker 5: And what's the guy's name, her sidekick, residame super maloney stayble, He's great. I love that you just called him her sidekick. We're very into I don't.
Speaker 1: Mean, you know that's really good.
Speaker 4: Well, you know, we are women, so we have to throw it.
Speaker 1: Well. He left the show after twelve seasons, and she continues to carry it on her back at season twenty seven about to begin, so thank you know, I think we can say that she's the giving the more main character energy.
Speaker 4: Well let's go there.
Speaker 2: This was a very iced tea heavy episode and he made one of my favorite faces. I mean, everyone was not into you like your character.
Speaker 4: You know, it's kind of rude, wasn't it. I was like, why do I getting so much flak? You know, an old pedophile, But it was just like so sad right in core.
Speaker 1: You weren't that sorry. You were like, hey, little guy, I'll wait for you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well you're not going to apologize for true love or yeah that's what's.
Speaker 1: In your mind. It's just really wild that she's a person that studies the like the brain and like its emotions, and like didn't realize the.
Speaker 4: Perception is everything, right if you perceive having look at Hollywood, Yeah, look at the world. It's like we're doing a great thing.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: It's like anything can be made to look good, right, So she definitely did a lot of self convincing.
Speaker 2: There, yes, And then so I don't know, I wonder if you're bringing this up too. We loved that you were in a silk robe and they still let you stay like.
Speaker 1: They let him stay at your house. You were in a silk robe. If you had just been in jeans and a T shirt, I don't think anybody would have even clomped it. But you answered the door in like a silk rose.
Speaker 4: That you guys are in this silk robe. He's all whacked on drugs, he's underage, and there's a baby and.
Speaker 1: Then there's just like a baby crying and before they even figure it out a lot.
Speaker 4: I don't really, I mean I was good. Think about it. Think about how clever she was to cover like that silk row baby crying drugged up thirteen year old and she's.
Speaker 1: Like, I'm helping my patient and it's like.
Speaker 4: What, let me get my patient back to bed.
Speaker 1: Most people don't even know what neighborhood their therapist lives in, let alone like spending a little stint there. I also thought it was funny that like no one was onto you, and then Finn, like iced Tea's character, was like, I don't know, he's young, she's kind of hot. Like I was like, oh, I Fin, you're kind of hot.
Speaker 4: I got that shout out and I was very happy about that. The best I felt in the whole show. I was like, thank you, Finn.
Speaker 1: We have to tell you that. We just yesterday interviewed another actor from While you Were Sleeping, Michael Rispoli. So, oh my god, like back to back While you.
Speaker 4: Were Sleeping Cat He's hilaro.
Speaker 1: I just watched for the first time literally a month ago, and yeah, and I was like when I saw you, I was like, oh my girl from Sons of Anarchy and.
Speaker 4: SVU Ashley Bartlett Bacon, Yeah, you like the bastard.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you have like such vibes of like the parent trap wife in that you know, what's that woman's name, Elaine somebody like, Yeah, you like that.
Speaker 4: It's so that's a great I love that movie. That movie was so fun. I love that it was originally called Koma Guy. No, it'd be I love that cast great people to work with, is really funny.
Speaker 1: I don't know if it really would have done as well as it did if it was called Cooma Guy. Now, I don't say I think that's a good renaming.
Speaker 4: It was literally called Coma guy, and he'd be like, what, well, kind of with SVU, we interviewed someone and it was supposed to be called sex Police, Oh my god, which wouldn't have worked on I don't.
Speaker 1: Think that would have gone.
Speaker 4: Twenty seven seasons not good, No, No, twenty seven seasons. That's really impressive.
Speaker 1: They're about to enter into twenty seven in the Paul. Yeah, wow, it's amazing.
Speaker 4: I love that. I think it's a great show. I think it's a good show. I think I think I tea all of them are really good, you know.
Speaker 1: So yeah, do you have any like memories from the set. Did you end your teen boyfriend John Mugaro get along? I mean, any any little tidbits that are I know, it was a long time.
Speaker 4: I think he was with the teacher at the time, so I ended.
Speaker 1: God, he was like actually getting high school lessons.
Speaker 4: I think he was actually in a high school. So I was just like, no, no, I mean, it was just you know, it's like when you go in sets like that, they're like well oiled machines, you know. Mushka came and said high, we said hi, iced tea was great. Everybody was great. We just all like boom and we just started working. It was really easy, very very easy, very laid back. It was great. Actually, I really enjoyed it. They're really good people. I mean, Dick Wolf has great shows. And the reason I like it so much as they everybody knows what they're is expected. You know where it's going to land, you know what you're gonna do, and it's not you know, like some sets are chaotic and kind of you know, they can be kind of daunting and that's that. It was just lovely.
Speaker 1: So it was good and you just did and FBI's Most Wanted, which is another dick Wolf joint.
Speaker 4: Dylan, Yeah, yeah, yeah, I've only done guests. I think I'm like dick Wolf stuff. I've done like three or four guests, and that they've all been on like Dick Wolf stuff because just it's really you know, they're really they're cool, they're really respectful of you, they're you know, they're very It's just easy. Yeah, just create a really good environment. Those guys are really cool. All the actors, there's nobody that you know that you're like, oh, God, be careful. You know. It's just really fun and easy.
Speaker 1: That's good that there's no be carefuls on that fast.
Speaker 4: Watch cales on some sets. I guess I've been lucky. I've had a few be carefuls, but usually, oh, make a joke and move on.
Speaker 1: Can you tell me what it was like working on Sons of Anarchy. Our listeners know that I'm a huge Sons of Anarchy head, and we've had other Sons of Anarchy people on. There's a lot of Sons of Innergy people on SVU, like a lot of crossover. So I'm always pointing it out, and I your character is like the antagonist of the You're actually a good guy, but you're against them because people.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, that was the most hated character I ever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, used to like give you the sky.
Speaker 4: Like I'd go into malls with my little boys, you know at the time my kids, and people were like, you're a bitch.
Speaker 1: My god. No, but they were nice.
Speaker 4: They would laugh and be like you're the biggest bitch. I'm like, thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Like I'm literally like I'm just trying to take down a criminal enterprise. Like the Sons of Anarchy are bad, they are criminals.
Speaker 4: I'm like the good guy.
Speaker 1: I am.
Speaker 4: Like, let's be nice. She was great character to play. That was a great character to play. I love and that show is great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I loved. I was like so obsessed with that show. So you like started and I mean, we get the sell from IMDb, so you can tell us of anything's incorrect, but you started like on a soap for like one hundred episodes or something like that.
Speaker 4: Correct. Oh, and then.
Speaker 1: I'm really impressed.
Speaker 2: Every time we talk to someone from soaps, it's like I'm impressed with how much memorization and how fast you have to learn stuff, and I bet that's like really good training.
Speaker 4: That was like one of the best jobs. I mean, that was the best way. I mean I had done a little movie and kind of fell into the business and then just started working and I got the soap and it was it was daunting because it's like, here's twenty pages, you know, so we're gonna be doing this at lunch after lunch and you'd be like okay, you know, so you just like run to your own and cry and then you know, go through. But you just it's great training. You hit your marks, you know your lights are, you learn to work with the cameras. It was crazy, but it was wonderful. I love the people. I a Martinez, Marcy Walker, Robin Wright. I mean it was a great group of people and it was just like you know, going to school. I just ate it up. So it was fun. Yeah, that was a great time.
Speaker 2: How did you fall into it? You meant you just said that into acting?
Speaker 4: I got seen in a restaurant. Actually, dude, I was a scientist.
Speaker 1: Stopped up. Oh, I say, I used.
Speaker 4: The term scientists loosely. I was a grunt, right, I had my my BS and bio and chemistry or whatever by biochemistry basically biology from UC Santa Cruz. I was applying to med schools. Didn't get into LA so I got a job in the immunology department at UCLA and was out it with a friend of mine who was an actor, and I was laughing and being goofy because I'm almost like ma, but I'm you know, cause anyway, and this guy came over to me and said, you know, you're really funny. Why don't you come in audition for this film? And I was like right, you know, and but my friend was like, no, it's actually a real movie. Go do it. So I did it, and I got it, and I'm on the cutting room floor in some movie that I, you know, never saw. And then but then I got signed. I mean, it was just crazy. I got signed by an agency, I got a couple of commercials. I just started working and I started going to classes and waiting table you know, the common drama of the actor. Started going to like every class I could find and waiting tables, and then read for the soap got it and then just started really going, you know, and it was it was, it was insiting. Man, it was great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then you basically just like have it stopped working in like three days, like decades, so and I retired like.
Speaker 4: Five I did Ghosted was like the last I did FBI just for Funk because I know Dylan. I love Dick Walf So I was like, yes, I love that show. So I was like, okay, And you know, my friend Julie McMahon was first read. Oh you know, I did profile with him, and so I've always like watched it because I watched when he was you know there. But so I quit a few years back basically because I'm tired. I don't know, but but I wrote a book.
Speaker 1: So that's what I was wanted to ask you about your book. Yeah, let me say, okay, so you have you wrote a book this year called The light Runner.
Speaker 4: Yes, it's fanned. It's taken me about ten years to get it out because I wrote it as a pilot and the first episode in twenty fifteen, and then I gave it out. Nobody picked it up, and so I made a film and then I you know, did that I called far More, which is on Amazon Prime and Apple and all that, and then I just I kept writing so I was like, well, just write a frickin book. I mean, let me teach me, you know. So I started like just trying to write and doing it at night and doing it in the pickup line and doing it wherever I could. And I wrote a book. And then in twenty twenty two I gave it to the publisher at the small company and she loved it, and she goes, I mean, we have to edit, but I love it. And so I started editing. And then that company it was supposed come out in twenty twenty three with their company, and they went under after COVID. I just thought, you know, I'm just going to put it out, and so yeah, so I put it out. So it's called The Light Runner. It's on Amazon and Barnes and Noble. There's my my spiel, Okay, what can you give us?
Speaker 1: Like the quick like, what's the elevator pitch, what's the LaGG Okay.
Speaker 4: It's a metaphysical thriller. It's a psychological thriller. It's really at the heart of that a thriller.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 4: It's about this young psychiatrist who works in a psychiatric hospital and she gets her first case and it's this Army captain Captain Oliver Haskell, who's a war hero whose wife's been murdered and he's so depressed and down. They're worried about him. So it goes into this psychiatric hospital and she starts to listen to a story and try to figure things out, and as she does her own, her own story starts to unravel, and she starts remembering things from the past that had happened to her. She's had a lot of trauma, blah blah. But then the patients in the hospital start to explain to her how reality really works and how to find the truth of things, and it's just like this kind of slow burn I'm getting. It's given great reviews. I'm really psyched, so it's well received. So I'm just kind of like, oh my god.
Speaker 1: And does she have an affair with a thirteen year old at any point the psychiatrist that would be a no, would be you know, that's doctor good tie in.
Speaker 4: In the same word now as doctor Stanton. Then they became friends. Isn't that crazy? But so no, So I did that. That's my latest gig. And then I'll probably I don't know, I just do you know things.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it feels like you're semi retired. I think if the right thing came along, I would.
Speaker 4: But I haven't. You know, I haven't. You know, everything is auditioning now by yourself somewhere. Yeah, you know, I'm an old fossil of this. I loved meeting directors and people and working with people, and it just became, you know, the roles are pure and for the between when you get older, it's really rough, you know, and unless you're you know, Nicole Kidman, and it's like, you know, and she's amazing. So it's like I just started going, you know, just do other stuff. So I directed a film. I wrote and directed a film, won a few awards at festivals, and then was it it's called far More.
Speaker 1: Oh I'm seeing Yeah, it has Adrian Grenier in.
Speaker 4: It and like period de mateo. Yeah, and I was, you know, that was a great experience. So that was really fun, and I my writing got a lot of attention for that script. It was really great. And then I just you know, I really love to write. I've always written, and that's what made me want to do the book. So I was just like, Okay, that's great. Yeh man.
Speaker 2: So you enjoy the writing process. You're into it, Yeah, it's.
Speaker 4: Fun for me. I mean it's like it's hard, you know, some day, not every day. Some days you're like, I don't know, I got nothing, but you know, other days you're just like you know, And with this particular one, I just kind of it's really weird. I was describing this. I did a podcast esterday and I was like describing somebody and it's like, well, how do you do it? You lay out an outline. I was like, no, man, there's no way. I'm not you know, like organized. But what I do do is I do do is What I do do is I sit on a couch for hours and just daydream. And that's how I approached acting. I just sit there and make up the character and all the things that in my head. And it really I learned this in a class with Harry Master George you know who taught you know, reallyotta Walkgoggins meld me grust. And I was a baby when I went to that class. I would just be like, that's a really smart thing to do. So I did it with writing. I just sit for a few days and really kind of h that be like, and then I'd start writing and it was like stream of consciousness. It was really fun.
Speaker 1: Wow. Wait, I like that.
Speaker 4: Otherwise it gets too for me. I if I have to like block it and stuff, it gets kind of scary, like did you do your homework?
Speaker 1: Yeah? You know, yeah, and then you like at you and your outlining, you start seeing like problems and you're like, well, now I got to go back and fix that instead of moving forward. And yeah, I have.
Speaker 4: A lot of problems. To believe me, I went back up and down. But I was just like, I don't worry about.
Speaker 2: We'll go back and fix the problem that I like this brainstorming vibe.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's more fun that way. I just really like just like, oh, that'd be like when we think about that for a while, just lost in your head. You know that's cool.
Speaker 1: I feel like that's you're like diversifying, like you're doing writing and directing and different things.
Speaker 2: Do you ever like sliding doors think about your science life?
Speaker 4: Yes? That is so weird. Yes, I do. There's a lot of that in the book because in the book I talk about what reality is and time I talk about it in a very different way. I say it's not one dimensional. It just doesn't go from here to there, goes back and it can wrap around itself and all these things that they're saying, there's scientific bases in these things, and it's really weird because some of them, which I found out later are true, and I was like, really I need that, you know. So it's really fun, you know. So yeah, my science head kind of came out in the writing a lot. My dad was a physicist, and you know, I used to have like really interesting conversations with him about you know, reality and dimensions and like just like you know, how things work, and so, you know, science is pretty great. It's really it's very creative, you know, and if you could imagine something, usually if you can prove it, you know, it's fun.
Speaker 1: Okay, tell us about Kazam.
Speaker 4: You know, that's so funny. I just I just did an interview with this guy who's writing an auto auto but biography on Shack, and I was like, yeah, just asking me questions and I was like, I don't really remember it. You know. For me, it was like I just went and did my job. I had a great time with Shack. He was a hoot, and Francis was great. But it was a weird set and I was like, what is going on here? Man? Because I just like to get in, do my job, have a few laughs, and leave. And it was there was a lot like one guy who was not an actor, who was hired to play my character's boyfriend, hated what's his name? The director, Paul Michael Laser, who had you know, had a horrible just lost his wife and child.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you know, yes, Elizabeth Glazer, the Pediatric AIDS Foundation.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, just the saddest story. And I was very cognizant of that. Francis was there and he was such a sweet kid. But then there was this guy and he hated Paul or something. I wasn't there when it happened, and I came to set one day and it was like the costume person's like, come here, Camara, and I'm like what and she's like the guy walked to Lax and left. So he walked from the set to Lax like nine miles away. Then I was like, who am I doing my off camera? You know, it's just like so that was kind of nutty, right, But I never I never realized how much attention that film got, like negative attention, because I was like, oh, it's a kid's movie. It's cute. That's how I felt about it. I was just like, oh, it's a cute kids movie, okay, you know, and uh it was sweet, I thought. And then she's hating it, like and wow, And then combined that with the guy on the set, I was just like, I don't know what to think of that. I had a great time with Shack, That's all I can say. Shack and I had a ball. I was like happy.
Speaker 1: Shack's one of my favorites.
Speaker 4: Us too. By the way, he's a he's a genius and he was just a kid, you know. We went to the premiere and this was the sweetest thing. He leaned over to me. We were at the premiere in New York and he goes, hey, Alie, and I was like what we were supposed to be talking and he goes, I just had my first baby. And I was like, oh, oh, he's really sweet. It's so sweet. So I don't know, I had a great time. I've had a really good time on most of the stuff I've done. You know, I just try to Yeah.
Speaker 1: You see, like you really go with the flow. Don't have a lot of wow.
Speaker 4: I can be difficult, you know, at the writing, I could be difficult. Well it's usually about the writing, Like really I gotta what what you know? So i'd be But but not when you're you know, I mean when I was on Profiler, I had a hard time because a lot of people were running coming and going. But most of the I mean know, we're really lucky to be doing what we're doing, and you know, it's it's a hell out of waiting tables.
Speaker 1: I can't believe that you like literally could have just been a scientist if this person didn't like overhear you being a goof at dinner? Do you remember who this? Do you remember who this person was? And did you ever hear?
Speaker 3: It?
Speaker 4: Was Michael Greco and he did a little film with Chris Makepeace and I actually am seeing running through one of the hallways on it called a Loha Summer. It was a really sweet little film. Don't think he ever made anything else, but he was lovely and never.
Speaker 1: Literally launched your career over me.
Speaker 4: I got the acting bookcase I'd done it in you know college is but I was just always like, I can a living at this, you know, pay off my student.
Speaker 1: So yeah, this is cool. That's that's like that's literally like I got discovered at the supermarket type of story that like you barely ever hear.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I thought the guy was crazy when he approached me at the table. I was like, oh sure, I'm with someone you know, and legit really changed my life, just completely changed my life. Yeah, it's crazy, really crazy.
Speaker 1: This has been very fun. Yeah, thank you so much for talking to us. Anything else that you remember from your little fran Stanton days that you want to throw to our audience. I mean your eyes, I was gonna say, you're crying was very good. Like you you got your eyes got so red and you got the tears just really tumbling out talking.
Speaker 4: About love that kid. You love that teen, I love that teen love. Oh god, well, thank you for having me. You guys are a hoot.
Speaker 1: She's the best. Oh my god, I'm last girl. I might read the book.
Speaker 2: It reminded me, like I read the Barnes and Nobles synopsis and it's like it does remind me of my James Patterson days, like I want to thriller.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was like the light Runners about comics that go too long on their that's wow. I just like what a story to just get like discovered while you're working in a lab and then you're just like, I'm an actor now gonna work for thirty years series regulars writing, And yeah, super Big watched Sons of Anarchy. She's really good in it. She's so like she's like this FBI agent that's like, I'm gonna fucking get you guys. I mean, spoiler alert, it's really hard to get those guys.
Speaker 2: Uh, but aunt to have back to back while you were sleeping people, That's like, yeah, why.
Speaker 1: Back to back? When I just watched it, and like, oh my god, I just I love talking to her and wow, I love how well how much she loved joking about her relationship with that thirteen year old I mean he was sixteen by the time he was on the episode. But also I am I love that she loves Shack. Yeah, that she's in Kazam.
Speaker 2: I wonder if she truly knows the depths of like the Mendela effect, because am sin Ad Shack like universe there's like a lot of talks about because they am.
Speaker 1: Yes, the city, there's like the Sinbad Mandela effecting. Yes, totally. Oh but she is in singles, which I we didn't get to ask her about. But Singles was huge when I was like in middle school because everybody was like wearing the flannels and like walk into grunge and like that was like the grunge movie that came out. Singles.
Speaker 2: Oh interesting, Wow, it's really star studded. I've never heard of this movie.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, singles, But now that I see Matt Dylon with his long hair. Yeah, a Cameron Crow, a Cameron Crow classic. I don't know if I've ever seen a Cameron Crow movie. Almost famous, No, no, hmm, I can't name another one, so I don't know what the other ones are.
Speaker 2: Oh, I've seen Jerry Maguire. I've seen Jerry Maguire. Yeah, and I've seen we Bought a Zoo.
Speaker 1: We bought a Zoo? Wow? Waits a fast Time?
Speaker 2: Oh Elizabeth time and wait it's fast Times him he wrote it?
Speaker 1: Cool? Damn?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I mean Amy Hypocerlian. They directed it. That's who I associate with the movie. I didn't realize Cameron Crow wrote it. Wow, that was great? Yeah that in days and confused. I always get confused which ones which? But I love how Yeah we bought a sup Okay cool, I'm enjoying. Sorry, I'm like looking at this, but people really love this man, and I think he loves Tom Curuz.
Speaker 1: Okay, so what's our post mortem from this episode? I guess like pedophilia is never okay, I don't care. Yeah, like, yeah, an adult is not allowed to do anything with a teen. It's just not that's not sex. But also it's scary when it's like get help, go go, like get help for your mental illnesses and things like that, and then someone can just like so take advantage of you and like fuck with your meds and turn you into a different person and tell you you have schizophrenia. I mean, like that's just like very harrowing.
Speaker 2: I know it's a TV show, but I'm glad it is a time where someone got a sentence and I was like, yeah, she should be there for twenty years.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And then the real crime the con I don't know, it's like he is up there with like the catch me if you can guy, Like I mean, I wouldn't even say Annadelvi is kind of like even in the same realm because this guy was doing it for decades and Annadelvy got caught pretty quick. Although it's a more modern age, it's easier I think to get caught, But like this guy just like going around and it's just like, I don't know. I just don't know how you pretend to be so rich when you have no money. I don't know how you It's like the creativity, you gotta almost respect it. Uh. But I think he's a sociopath and I don't know what he thought he was going to do. I think like the only person that he actually kind of cared about was his daughter, and thats why he tried to steal her back. But it's like, what did you think was gonna happen? You were going to live in Baltimore with your kidnapped daughter, with people thinking that you're a Rockefeller on the loose, Like your wife who has millions of dollars, is not going to track her daughter down. I don't know. Delusion, delusions of grandeur.
Speaker 2: But also right, but in the real life, it's like, why if the mom is such a bad mom, why did she get another She's gonna hold the baby like the pill popping grandma oh in.
Speaker 1: The in the episode. Yeah yeah, back to the episode. Yeah, one track of mind for me. No, that's okay, I yeah, I mean that was like because she's like, I never laid a hand. That's the only thing we know about her is that she never hit her kids. But I don't think she did anything else that was that great. You know, Like her son's on the streets and she goes we skype every week. I'm like, and you can't convince him to come home, Like, I don't know. At the same time, she was working against a psychiatrist who was drugging her child for three years. Yeah, broke up with like a good girlfriend. Yeah yeah, I mean I think him and Mallory are going to stay together. That's what I think happens in the PostScript. But yeah, but I don't want her to like be a teen stepmom. I know, a teen stun andrewis to raise this baby. He doesn't want to, Like, I don't fuck this bitch.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 1: I'm like part of me thinks that, like, even if she goes to jail, she should have to pay a certain amount of like child support for the child, so that they at least can use her psychiatrist's money to raise the kid. I mean, I love how we go into just a full PostScript of fake people, but I would like to see a happy life for this poor little child. I mean, I gotta be honest. The kids of Mary Kay Latourneau and Billy Filau seem like they were raised by loving parents, even though their dad was thirteen and fourteen when they were born.
Speaker 2: They're gonna write some books, I bet yeah, they'll do some sit downs with well whatever takes over for sixty minutes when it's when everyone's arrested.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when it becomes a state television run called like just like Trump tonight. All right, let's move on to our what would Sister Peg Do? For this episode? What Would Sister Peg Do is our weekly segment where we direct you towards a book, article, organization, something to give you more info about what we talked about today. And you know, we were talking about how people can't like normalize having a relationship with someone that's underage and acting like that is consensual, Like that's assault. And I feel like the not to get too political, but the the right has been co opting the term grooming for a long time, aiming at at like drag queens and trans people and people that it has nothing to do with. But grooming is a very real thing, and so we'd like to point you to an article on the Rape, Abuse and Incest National Network which it goes by RAIN. On their website, they have an article called Grooming Know the Warning Signs and this is a helpful resource to protect your children from potential groomers by identifying the recognizable patterns that grooming often follows. It also touches upon the potential threat of online grooming and so for more information head over to RAIN dot org and that will be linked in our show notes and as always, it will be in a story that we post the day this episode comes out, which will be saved in our WWSPD Highlight where you can find all of our past what would Sister peg Do's and yeah can see if you're anyone in your kid's life is sting to do something not good.
Speaker 2: And next week, I don't want to say it, we'll be doing an episode in Loco Parentis from season nineteen, episode fifteen.
Speaker 1: Fuck you, Warren Light, watch it, Watch it, guys, come on, but also Warren Light, come on the pod. We're reading for you. Thank you guys so much for listening. We'll see you next week.
Speaker 2: That's messed up as an exactly right production.
Speaker 1: If you have compliments you'd like to give us or episodes you'd like us to cover. Shoot us an email it That's Messed uppod at gmail dot com. Listen to That's Messed Up on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 2: Follow the podcast on Instagram at That's Messed Up Pod, and follow us personally at Kara Klank and at glitter Cheese.
Speaker 1: As always, please see our show notes for sources and more information.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much to our senior producer Casey O'Brien and our associate producer Christina Chamberlain.
Speaker 1: And to our mixer John Bradley and our guest booker Patrick Cottner, and to Henry Kaperski for our theme song, and Carly Geen Andrews for our artwork. Thank you to our executive producers Georgia hard Start, Karen Kilgarriff, Daniel Kramer, and everybody at Exactly Right Media dub the dun
Speaker 2: M