Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Final Hour On this Wednesday, Nick Wright on loan from First Things First on Fox Sports One. Will stop my phone calls always welcome eight seven seven to three. DP Show Email address Dpatdanpatrick dot com, Twitter handle at DP show. I already got my primer for college basketball. I got a you know, it's like cliff Notes version. It's like college where I'd wait till the night before and I go, I'll study for this final. So Kentucky beat Tennessee. Those are two ranked teams. Michigan upset Perdue, Indiana one at Michigan State, Kansas State defeated number thirteen Arizona, and Yukon one against number twenty four Creighton. So that's just my little primer here as I get ready for March Madness coming up here eight seven seven three DP Show email address Dpadanpatrick dot com, Twitter handle at DP show.
Speaker 3: Good morning.
Speaker 2: If you're watching on Peacock, our streaming partner and our radio affiliates around the country, He's Nick Wright, host the First Things First on Fox Sports One and What's Right with Nick right on YouTube wherever you get your podcast. Thanks for joining us. Let's go back to Sunday morning. Your level of confidence was what extremely high.
Speaker 4: Listen, I said to you, I think I'm sure I did that. I knew they could lose. I didn't think they I thought it was zero percent. They lost to the Texans. I thought they could lose to the Bills, but I would have been shocked. And I thought they could lose to the Eagles, but I would have been shocked. What I obviously did not anticipate at all was the method in which they lost. And one of the reasons I was so confident is I had said, this is a team that you can't blow out, and if it's close late, you trust Patrick, and so I didn't think the Chiefs were gonna blow out Philly. You know, I had respect for Philly, and I think they're a great roster and even better than I expected. But yeah, I was my confidence Sunday morning. Maybe what might be more instructive is my confidence Saturday night, Dan, when at a few Super Bowl parties, a few drinks in every Eagles fan I saw, if they started talking to me, I'd very earnestly look them in the eye and say, I really hope tonight is one of the best nights of your life, because tomorrow is gonna be one of the worst. Oh my god, And that didn't you know it happens?
Speaker 2: I suppose when did you realize you were in trouble during the game?
Speaker 4: Probably later than I should have, Dan, to be honest with you, ten nothing. I felt, fine, They've come back from ten nothing down in every Super or not ten nothing, but ten down in every Super Bowl. The pick six, even obviously at that moment, oh you're up against it now, but I still felt, Okay, get the ball, score, get the ball after half. Fine, the three and out after the pick six. Everyone points to the interception the next drive. But the three and out is what was to me really concerning, because it was like, Oh, they know now they've got to go, and they don't have answers. So in that moment, I was like, oh, they're probably cooked. But then one of the downsides dan to a long halftime. Do you have enough time to walk around? And I had a gosh darn it. I think addics call it a moment of clarity, and I was like, this whole thing started down twenty four nothing, the first Super Bowl they ever won, down twenty four nothing, and then go on to run and now down twenty four nothing, with mister twenty eight to three in the booth to pull off the three peet, I'm like, oh my, and I'm now at halftime. I spent most of the time formulating my Monday argument as to why a twenty four to nothing comeback is so much better than a twenty eight to three comeback, and turns out I won't need that argument.
Speaker 3: But how do you explain this?
Speaker 2: If somebody didn't see it, you would say, this is why it happened.
Speaker 4: I would say that two most basic reasons are as follows, and they both oddly have a direct game corollary and the same game reason one the single most and this is not a high level analysis, but it's just a truism of football, The single most effective way to disrupt a great quarterback is to if you can get constant pressure without sending extra guys because they're already at a number's disadvantage. You got five blocking four the quarterback. So if you can get pressured with those four, your seven get to guard their five, right, And so that's the single best way to do it. They did it brilliantly. It was the best any team had done it in at least fifteen years in a Super Bowl and more on that in a moment. And the second reason is, for the first time all year, the moment got to the team and got to Patrick. They have been like, I'm not going, I'm not here to make excuses. I will give context if people want to act like Patrick is the first. In fact, he just joins every other quarterback ever to have a truly brutal playoff game. But the moment got to him. It felt like and the last time. And this is where sports are great. In my lifetime, there have only been two NFL games played where a team walked onto the field and knew, if we win today, we are the greatest team of all time. Even Super Bowl Patriots Giants and this year's Super Bowl now different, greatest team O seven was going for single season Chiefs going for the greatest you know stretch and it was the exact same blueprint in both games. Got home with four and one of the greatest quarterbacks we've ever seen was skittish and didn't play well Like that's that that that is what happened. Now that game was close, obviously this game was not, but that defensive performance holding that Patriots seemed to fourteen points. It was unthinkable they were fourteen point favorites, and so and so it's we saw it a team that all year long, the moment was never too big for him. It watching it the first people the first third down of the game, Dan little easy pass, Mahomes throws it a little behind and Kelsey doesn't quite grab it, and you're like, oh, that's weird. That was an important play. It's Kel's and it's Mahomes and they were both a little off and that was the story of the game.
Speaker 3: How much of a hit to Mahomes aura do you think?
Speaker 5: Aura?
Speaker 4: Is a great question. So I think temporarily it hit. It's a big hit. This is again where I the twenty twenty one AFC Championship game, coming off a year they had been blown out in the Super Bowl against Tampa and they're up twenty one to three on Cincinnati, and then Mahomes played the worst half of his life and they lose. That was and then they trade Tyreek Hill. The aura, the mystique, all of it was dead and gone. They were a one time champion who had back to back tough playoff losses and then they spent the last three years building that back up, so they're going to have to do that again. The can we talk legacy stuff for a moment here, sure, because what I and I don't think you've done this. But what is really frustrating to me, though, is folks acting like, listen, if you're an all time great, this doesn't happen to you. The fact of the matter is every single all time great ever this has happened to. We know Elway got annihilated in a bunch of Super Bowls fifty five to ten, most notably, Marino got annihilated in his only Super Bowl. Peyton Manning got annihilated forty three to eight. People will say Joe Montana never did. In fact, Joe Montana was perfect in super Bowls. That is true. Joe Montana, also in the smack Dad middle of his prime, in back to back to back years, was one and done in the playoffs back to back to back years, zero playoff touchdowns, back to back to back years, blown out in the playoffs by a combined score of one hundred and one hundred and two to thirty. So and then people say, what about Tom Tom the year he was going for a three peat, didn't get to have his melt down in the Super Bowl because he threw a pick six to let a game get out of hand against Jake Plumber in round two. So I'm not making excuses. I am saying the one thing Patrick had on his resume, depending on how you judge that Tampa Super Bowl was never a moment like this. Now he has it and he joins literally every other quarterback ever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'd only push back on a little bit with that. If Mahomes had won forty to twenty two, we might be having a conversation of a larger picture of Mahomes with Brady. Now now they're even uh that.
Speaker 4: I so that is where that is where I totally agree with you. What this game did. I don't think I think anyone acting like it moved Mahomes backwards. I think is being dishonest or unfair. It not only did it stall the progress, but had they won, I woul now I would have come on here and said he doesn't need seven. In fact, he might already be the best ever seven years, four rings a three peat, you know, boom. But now Brady also went back to back, right, So like you didn't do something he didn't do. So now it's like it he walked onto the field, and it's like there could be a real goat debate Monday morning, a real debate, I think. And now the earliest that can probably happen is twenty thirty. And so yes, like, I agree with you entirely on that.
Speaker 2: He's Nick Wright, host of First Things First on Fox Sports one, What's Right with Nick Wright on YouTube wherever you get your podcast. I'll move on from the Chiefs here for a moment. I mentioned Kevin Durant going to thirty thousand career points, and I think it's a slight to call him one of the greatest scores of all time because it really limits just your phone of what Kevin Durant really is. Dirk Noavitsky was a great scorer, Alan Iverson a great score, Alex English a great score. Kevin Durant is far more than that. He's a better basketball player than Steph Curry. But it feels like when you say he's the one of the great scorers of all time, I don't think we look at the totality. So I'm curious where you see Durant in his placement.
Speaker 4: I agree with a lot of what you said better basket is flatly called him a better basketball player than Steph Curry. I'd have to spend more time thinking about but I understand the point. But in my head, and this is the ultimate compliment insult, I kind of put him in the same category as Shack, which is one of the greatest players ever who did not reach their potential. So like, he's one of the fifteen to twenty greatest players of all time and that was probably a worst case scenario for him. And that's like the Kevin Durant lived, lived in the conference finals or NBA finals for his twenties, and in his thirties, he hasn't made it out a round two. He is, you know, he's this basketball nomad. His very ardent belief that it is not my job to be a leader has clearly hurt him. He has picked strange bedfellows. He the you know, there's just a lot of stuff where I had somebody that is incredibly close to a different all time great. Say if you had lined up every top twenty player ever blacktop style, you know, picking picking teams, and there was someone who'd never seen any of them play, and you described their attributes to the guy. It's like, hey, who do you want first overall? And you go to Jordan and it's like, well, he's about average height for the people here, he's you know, the second or third best athlete. There's about seven guys that can shoot better than him. There's a couple of guys who can dribble better than him. But he is a crazy competitor, like insane competitor. You'd be like, Okay, who else you got? Like, all right, and describe Lebron. He's the best athlete here. There's ten guys who can dribble better than him. There's two guys who can pass better than him, There's seven guys who can shoot better than him. You're like, Okay, who's the next guy. Who's the tall guy? It's like, oh, him, Well, he's the second best shooter here, he's the second tallest person here, he's the fourth best dribbler here. He's like, oh I want him, Like I actually, he's gonna be my first pick of every basketball player ever. And that's where I say he kind of didn't quite reach what he should have. Okay, is that fair?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: I get it. I get it.
Speaker 2: The nomad and I think if he had gone back to if he had gone to the Wizards and and and led them to the player, you know, like Lebron went back to Cleveland, and that's cement to his legacy. Before I let you go, who had the worst weekend?
Speaker 6: Me?
Speaker 3: Mahomes Me, Drake or you Me?
Speaker 4: No, You're good. No matter who was on the list, it was gonna be me, I know. Can I tell you a quick story?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 7: Okay?
Speaker 3: Is it a quick story?
Speaker 4: Probably not, but it's a great story.
Speaker 3: Okay. Can I take a break for your great story?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 3: Is it teas worthy? It is?
Speaker 4: You will love it?
Speaker 2: Okay, your group will love it. Okay, all right, we'll take a break. We'll come back with Nick Wright and his great story right after this.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 8: Hey, Steve Covino and I'm Rich David, and together we're Covino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 9: You could catch us weekdays from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and of course the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 8: Why should you listen to Covino and Rich.
Speaker 9: We talk about everything life, sports, relationships, what's going on in the world.
Speaker 8: We have a lot of fun talking about the stories behind the stories in the world of sports and pop culture, stories that well other shows don't seem to have the time to discuss.
Speaker 9: And the fact that we've been friends for the last twenty years and still work together, I mean that says something.
Speaker 8: Right, So check us out. We like to get you involved too, take your phone calls, chop it up. As they say, I'd say, the most interactive show on Fox Sports Radio, maybe the.
Speaker 3: Most interactive show on planetar.
Speaker 8: Be sure to check out Covino and Rich live on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific, And if you miss any of the live show, just search Covino and Rich wherever you get your podcasts, and of course on social media that's Covino and Rich.
Speaker 2: Well, let's see if it's a great story. If Mike Greenberg was selling this, he would be like coming up one of the greatest stories ever told. Get up, So Nick right is staying with us, of course, the host. First things first, on Fox Sports one, what's Right with Nick Right on YouTube wherever you get your podcast had a rough weekend, had a weekend that was worse than Mahomes or Drake, which is saying a lot.
Speaker 4: So first of all, what is this a Ken Burns documentary? How long are your commercial breaks? My god, I said I'd sit through the break. I didn't know, I mean, my god. Well, so here's the benefit. There's not a lot of benefits of the fact that you're not a listener to the ever growing and very popular What's Right with Nick Right podcast host with my son Demn's. One of the benefits is you're gonna get to hear the story for the first time. Subscribers and listeners got to hear it yesterday. Let's subscribe on YouTube right Saturday night for the Super Bowl. I'm at one of the many Super Bowl parties. Of course, you've met my wife. She's with her best friend, both beautiful women. As often as the case, whenever we go to like some you know, nightclub type place, we haven't been in there five minutes. All of a sudden, some group of fellas have been like, hey, we have a section, you guys want to sit here. They're wearing heels, so They're like yeah. They My wife then says to me, do you want to sit I'm like no, I'm going to go ahead and not sit in these fellas section who invited you in because you're beautiful and they have no idea we're together. You guys go ahead, all have fun, circle around, you have sea fights on a giant scream. So I'm just standing kind of close to the section watching the USC fight, having a few cocktails. Some point after I stood there a while, a woman walks up to me says, can I ask you a question? Like, of course, why do you talk so bad about Jalen Hurts. I'm like, well, I don't know that it's I do, and you know, I do a little tap dancing. And she's like no, And she seems to have some very quotables. Some I said, some I didn't, And I'm like, okay, well, okay, so here are the good things I've said. Here are the critical things I've said. You know, I throw on some of that patented nick right charm, and I figure, we're you know, this is going We're gonna be out of here quickly, not not budging an inch. And then I realized something Dan probably would have realized earlier had I not been a couple of cocktails in and I said, ma'am, may ask you a question.
Speaker 3: She said yeah.
Speaker 4: I said, are you Jalen Hurts mother? She said yes, I am. I'm like, god, talg it. I'm like, this is And I said, well, I'm now in a terrible position. She said, what do you mean. I'm like, well, you're his mom. I'm supposed to right now be like, ma'am, I'm so sorry. Your son's amazing. You know, I'm playing a character on TV, like you know, it's my job because you're his mom. I was like, however, I don't know if you respect me to begin with, but if I do that, you certainly won't. It's like, so now I feel like I have to say to you why I believe the somewhat negative things I've said about your son is a thrower of the football. And she's like, yes, go ahead, and Dan when I tell you. I stood there for fifteen minutes having a conversation about like, listen, I thought he handled the benching at Alabama incredibly well, I think I think this. I was like, now, did I call him the weak link of the Eagles offense? I did? However, the context of that is I think they have a top two everything else. I think he's top two quarterback. And she really grilled me. And then I look to my sides and I'm like, I don't know if these are cousins, brothers, uncles or whatever, but I'm now kind of flanked by what appears to be the Hurt's family. So she says to me at the end, she was like, what are you gonna say? She didn't say it harshly, she said, what are you going to say when he wins? And because I'm me and I can't ever stop being me, I'm like, well, if he went She's like, no, when he wins, And I was like, well, I got to see the game first, but then we'll see. And you know, it was nice and I got I went outside sweating bullets and like, I don't know what just happened, but that's my that's my night before the Super Bowl story?
Speaker 2: Dan, why didn't you have Jalen Hurt's mom on your YouTube podcast?
Speaker 4: Invite Open?
Speaker 3: But that that's called good producing right there?
Speaker 4: Well, so here you know what, that opens the door to a second great story, and then I'll let you go.
Speaker 2: Is it going to be better than that story. No chance, Oh, because that wasn't a great story. What do you mean, Okay, let's go around the room, Todd. Was that a great story? I think it was a good story, right set.
Speaker 3: It's a good story, all right, Marvin, good story, Aunt, Paulie.
Speaker 10: I'm going very good the teas and then it being the mom and the way he ramped up to it, I'm well, very good.
Speaker 3: But not great.
Speaker 2: I was more concerned with your wife and her friend at a table, So I.
Speaker 4: Added that now that you've heard the story, totally irrelevant detail, just to make sure you were locked in, buddy.
Speaker 3: Because I knew.
Speaker 4: I knew that that was the Chekhov's gun of the story, except it was never used. Yeah, I need a better producer. I don't need. That's unfair. I love my producers, but not everybody can have a Fritzy Fritzy who texts me mid super Bowl knowing what pain I'm in, then posts super Bowl and then when I defer and I'm like, hey, I can't, he then is like, oh, that's interesting because I see another show as promoting an upcoming appearance you're having, and I'm like, well, that other show is the TV show on the network that pays me. So yes, as much as I love Dan, I do to do that. And it all come on, Fritzie's a bulldog man. All that is very true, am I lying?
Speaker 2: He's done that before to people who have lost, had emotional losses, but before the game is over, when you think you're going to win, and he'll say, hey, when you win, we want to have you on, and then they lose in dramatic fashion. So Fritzi, it's not just you, Nick, but you're right. I tell him to go get people, and he goes and gets people.
Speaker 4: Well, I know, I kind of finally saw all the sausage made I always was. It was always amazing to me before we even knew each other. I'm like, man, I know people really like and respect Dane Patrick. But he gets all of the guests you'd want the day you want him. And it turns out it's because you employ a psychopath.
Speaker 3: Yes, that is true. That is true. That that is fair. That is fair. So the other story that is that?
Speaker 4: Was it?
Speaker 7: The story?
Speaker 4: Oh that was a great story that one has alike.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, we but that's a story we've heard many many times from different people here.
Speaker 3: Certain you had something to say to Nick. Oh well, yeah, I was gonna say about Nick's story.
Speaker 11: It was a solid move, including the bit about your wife and the table, because not only did you reinforce that your wife is beautiful, but also you just proved that you're supremely confident. Like now, babe, go ahead, you go sit, I'm good, don't worry about it. I'm gonna go walk around. You go have fun. I'll see you later. Don't worry about it. That's a solid flex.
Speaker 4: Oh well thanks, I didn't even think about that. Yeah, yeah, yeah, that too.
Speaker 3: How about that?
Speaker 4: They got solid enough flex?
Speaker 11: Had fun, your gorgeous go enjoy yourself. Don't worry about it. See, at the end of the.
Speaker 3: Day, he ever walked into a room, been in a room with Nick.
Speaker 2: When he walks in, I mean he's not suffering from insecurity. Just saying maybe he should. But I'm just saying when he walks in, walks in like Ric Flair. Yeah, it's like, wow, that's a that's a bright red.
Speaker 4: Bring up the coat. Yeah, you were going to bring up the coat. And did you.
Speaker 3: Did you get your coat from that restaurant yet?
Speaker 4: The gun club you took you No, I didn't.
Speaker 3: I never coat.
Speaker 2: It is still okay, all right, I'll get it and I'll okay, I'll take it.
Speaker 3: To my car.
Speaker 4: Gone. That's gone. That was a year and a half ago.
Speaker 2: There's nobody it's going to take that coat. Nick, Oh, nobody could wear that coat.
Speaker 4: I wasn't. That's not the orange coat. The orange coat I would have gotten. That was because you mocked the orange coat so badly. I wore a much more conservative dude. I think it's called camel coat, and I left it. I'll see you.
Speaker 3: How much money did you lose on Sunday.
Speaker 4: It's less about how much I lost and more about what I would have won. I uh, because they weren't. I didn't. I actually didn't have to bet the game directly because it is complex. I'm in a gambling consortium where we trade futures like stocks, So I had I had basically a downside risk of less than ten thousand dollars if the Chiefs lost, and an upside of just north of seventy if they won, and a lot of people then would have just bet thirty on the Eagles and lock in a big profit. But there's a name for those people. They're called cowards, and so I just.
Speaker 3: Let it ride.
Speaker 2: Keep your head up, keep your head up, as I told you Sunday night, keep your head up.
Speaker 4: Talk to you later.
Speaker 3: Two peak, shut it, let's make shirts up.
Speaker 2: That's Nick Right, host of First Things First on Fox Sports one. What's right with Nick Wright?
Speaker 3: I did? I text him?
Speaker 2: I don't know what this score was, and I said, hey, keep your head up two peat. Yeah, Fritzy doesn't have any that's sensitivity gene. It's not there when it comes to getting a guest. I mean, you're very sensitive, a compassionate, warm person, but not when it comes to getting a.
Speaker 3: Sorry about your team. How about ten twenty tomorrow for Zoom. Yeah.
Speaker 11: See, as referenced by Todd's text to uh picture day Ray, when the Lions are getting knocked out of the players, say hey, sorry about the bummer of a season. Way to end this way anyway? Have that one sheet for me ready?
Speaker 6: Thanks?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I know the game. I don't know if it was over. I don't.
Speaker 2: And Ray is a producer here, and Fritzy's like, hey, sorry about your lines, Hey, but I need that information for tomorrow's show.
Speaker 3: A little bit exactly. That's no, you did not I don't.
Speaker 12: Think it was Copolle as cold as it's the show must go on. I've seen the Broncos get destroyed in a lot of Super Bowls in that but.
Speaker 2: Nobody is reaching out to you. They're not saying, hey, Todd, sorry about your Broncos. Can you come on tomorrow at ten twenty.
Speaker 3: That has not really happened.
Speaker 2: No, it hasn't, So it's a little bit different. Yeah, I have the odds to win. Let me let me see what I have here. I got something here from Draft games. Oh, odds to win the NBA Championship. It's the Thunder, followed closely by the Celtics, and then it's a big jump to third on the list.
Speaker 3: The Calves.
Speaker 2: Now after that, fourth best odds to win the NBA Championship this year, Marvin, fourth best odds. Don't say the Lakers, Well, no, you're the one that would have to say the Lakers.
Speaker 13: Oh, the Nuggets.
Speaker 3: The Nuggets.
Speaker 2: No, they are fifth on the list at plus fifteen hundred. Lakers are probably up there, though they are not in the top five.
Speaker 3: The Knicks. Is that because they're sick?
Speaker 2: The Knicks, I don't know. I only got the top five, but the Thunder and Celtics. Then it's the Calves, followed by the Knicks and then the Nuggets. Although I think if the Lakers had had gotten that trade had gone through and Mark Williams would have been healthy, then I would really like, there are you know, chances of going far in the playoffs.
Speaker 3: I mean, Mark Williams, he moves lines. That's one thing we know.
Speaker 2: But at least it gives them they they're they're talking about Dwight Howard.
Speaker 9: Stephen A.
Speaker 2: Smith said, well, maybe they should bring in Dwight Howard. Dwight Howard's my age, like he.
Speaker 3: Last played in Taiwan. He's aging at three times the rate a normal person. Yes, and I'm going, wait a minute, Dwight Howard.
Speaker 2: That'd be like saying, you know what, we need a receiver, let's go get tarall Owens like no. And then I think DeMarcus Cousins, is he playing in Mongolia? I think so, I didn't know you could play in Mongolia one of the lows. I guess you could bring back Boogie Cousins from Mongolia.
Speaker 10: I can't there are there any people playing now they could get.
Speaker 2: I keep hearing that they are, you know, trying they throw out these names and you're like, is he still alive? Is he he's still playing? But all of a sudden, I'm like and Brian Windhorse reaction when Steve and A goes what about Dwight Howe and Wendy's has his head down, like I cannot believe that we're talking about this because first of all, those analysts get tired of talking about the same thing over and over. Hey, let's talk about the Lakers. But there's some other teams that are pretty good. No, we got to talk about the Lakers. And then Wendy's like, okay, we'll talk about the Lakers. Wait, you want to bring back Dwight Howard M. I don't think so, bring back Shack yes, Paulieu to.
Speaker 10: Bring back the topic of the Lions and Fritzy's terseness, I have the text chain to picture de Ray, the Lions fan last year as the Lions are going down in flames and losing in the second half and are about to be eliminated. Quote Lewis Riddick ten twenty zoom tomorrow cool for a one sheet off the games. Sorry, Bud amazing season though.
Speaker 3: Quote Sorry, Bud amazing season though.
Speaker 14: Yeah, But I left that out, I'd be looks it.
Speaker 3: Would have been bad.
Speaker 10: Ray's response was very tough. Todd thoughtfully said, thought they had it with the first half.
Speaker 3: You play four quarters, you do thank you. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Ray does a one sheet so when we have a guest, he'll put information on there. Anything they have to plug. And you know, Fritzie's blown right by the stop sign. He went right through the stop sign with poor little Ray.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean he's a Lions fan, so he's used to heartache and this is the probably the most devastating thing that's happened in his life.
Speaker 3: That's not this year. This is the year before that. Like magical. You're like, oh my god. The Lions, this is unbelievable.
Speaker 2: They're up on the by twenty four, but the Niners at halftime, and.
Speaker 12: That's why they should play the super Bowl on Friday or Saturday, and there's no show the next day.
Speaker 3: They don't have to worry about that.
Speaker 12: You've got a few days to clean yourself up, and you don't got to get a message for me about something needed the next morning.
Speaker 2: Or by the way, got in the most words I think ever in that one breath. That was pretty impressed, pretty Yeah, pretty impressive. Uh, maybe a little sensitivity, that's all. Maybe do we need sensitivity training on this is Well, it's too late for that.
Speaker 3: Minimal kindness, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Minimal conness, that is true. Jeff in Oregon, Hi, Jeff, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 7: I just got a T shirt idea for you, taken off from Kritty's praise. Damn three piece you can go. Damn not a repeat.
Speaker 2: Damn not a threepeat. Yeah, I just don't want pat Riley coming after me.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: Boogie Cousins is playing in the Mongolian League with the Selenge Bardens basketball team.
Speaker 3: Legit. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 2: The Mongolian Basketball League is also known as the League the Association.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is the league. Damn. I wonder if I could play in the Mongolian League.
Speaker 10: I can make some calls.
Speaker 3: I mean, I didn't even think about going overseas.
Speaker 12: You could score on Cousins at this point.
Speaker 3: I could think you, oh, I.
Speaker 2: Could score on Cousins. But it's the guys who were guarding me, you know that are my size that have a problem with that.
Speaker 3: Yes, Marvin Man, what happened?
Speaker 13: That dude was a monster.
Speaker 2: He had He had like four or five years in a row for eight years. They were like twenty five and twelve.
Speaker 11: There was like a Pelicans team that he was a part of that it was like, man, I think they're really going to put something together. And then people got hurt. But there was a moment there where it's like, man, this dude is getting close.
Speaker 2: And I think he was on the verge of getting a big pay day and then he got hurt.
Speaker 10: Yes, Paul, he had a bunch of twenty five and twelve. Yeah, and better he had a season. I got him twenty eight points per game, twelve rebounds, five assists, two steals, a block and a half. We reran those stats a few years ago and there's like four dudes who had done that. Yeah, but it was sack Town, so it was like pro rated.
Speaker 13: Yes, Marvin another player that didn't win a national championship with John Calipari. Him and John Wall were on the same team and Eric bledsoe. Yeah, and he lost to West Virginia.
Speaker 3: Is that Pittsnoggle thing?
Speaker 13: Was Deshaun Butler, Oh, Deshaun Butler, Joe Missoula on.
Speaker 3: That j What was my nickname for him?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: The uh dang Pittsnoggle?
Speaker 14: No, no, No, the the guy who was a great leaper. Oh Joe Alexander, Oh Joe Alexander Vanella Sky. That dude, he went like eighth in the draft straight to Europe.
Speaker 2: I know, I know, God, it's one of those where you go, damn, he can jump out of the building, that dude was the problem is you had to stay in the building and do something.
Speaker 10: Yes, Paul, Yeah, Joe Alexander, first pick, eighth overall of the Bucks in the two thousand and eight draft, played two years disrespect.
Speaker 2: The average five was a rookie, all right? Last call for phone calls? What we learned, What's in store tomorrow, this day in sports history.
Speaker 1: After this, be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio WAPP.
Speaker 2: Last call for phone calls each seven to seven three DP Show operator Tyler's sitting by thanks to Nick Right, Cooper de Jean, and Vincent Goodwill. Big Parade on Friday in Philadelphia. Spring training pitchers and catchers report, I used to love to go to spring training, and we kind of I don't know, I don't know if we did a lot of work when we went to spring training. But I had convinced the Mothership that we were going to take the radio show out to Scottsdale.
Speaker 3: And it was great. It was fun.
Speaker 2: Now we had to get up early, but still you got to go all these ballparks and you had a lot of fun. And it's a great environment. If you love spring training and you want to go, Scottsdale's the place. Go there and you can go to all you know, probably six or seven different teams, and the stadiums are an hour or less and it's a great atmosphere, a lot of fun. Now I've done Florida, but it's not centrally located with Scottsdale. You go in restaurants, people are great, weather's great, and you can see a lot of baseball. John in Atlanta, John, thanks for holding what's on your mind today?
Speaker 6: Hey guys, I just earlier you guys said hit the five percent was and you guys picked Dallas, which is kind of crazy because the Falcons beat the Eagles. They could have beat Kansas City but lost to the very end by five. They beat Tampa Bay twice and they beat Dallas.
Speaker 2: Well, no, John, John, I'm saying, what the audience would vote for We're guessing that because the Cowboy fans they come out in mass so maybe there's a few more Cowboy fans than Falcon fans. So I was having fun with that because you have to work the Cowboys into pretty much every story you have. It feels like in today's sports world. So that was why it's not Falcons a better team. They've proven that the last couple of years.
Speaker 6: Gotcha, But my Falcons are young? What do y'all think about it?
Speaker 2: I've well, if you listen to the show, you know that I've thought the last two years they were going to be a surprise team. It feels like Kurt d Cousin's going to end up on the Cleveland Browns.
Speaker 3: Or the Raiders.
Speaker 2: Feels like he hasn't played his last bit of football, but he's played his last bit of football in Atlanta.
Speaker 3: No, I like the Falcons.
Speaker 2: It's just the Falcons don't like me because they don't live up to these lofty expectations that I put on them. I thought they were going to be really good this year. I picked two surprise teams in the NFC. I picked the Falcons and I picked the Commanders. Well, the Falcons. Let me down Chase in Oregon. I Chase, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 5: Hey, good morning, Dan, Thank you for taking my call. Sure, I had a question for you regarding the Taylor Swifts over under being shown during the Super Bowl, and I was wondering if you thought, or if you knew by chance, if any of the Fox directors, producers, cameramen had anything to do with deciding how long that would be and or how many times should it be shown, and if they're able to place bets those prop bets that said, if Taylor Swift was going to be shown more or less than five times.
Speaker 2: Well, the prompt bets aren't high. In bets, there's only you know, maybe one hundred bucks you can bet on that. I don't think if I'm a Fox producer director, I want to kind of hinge my job, risk my job on over under for Taylor Swift. Do I think it's discussed, Yeah, I do. But I think what they did is, let's take it in the context of the game. It's don't go out of our way to showcase Taylor Swift. If I mean they had one hundred and twenty seven million people, you're not getting more people by showing Taylor Swift. But if you're going to show her after Travis Kelcey does something or he doesn't do something, or let's say they're down thirty four to nothing and you want to show her, or they score a touchdown, you want to show her. Okay, But I mean, I give them credit that they didn't go out.
Speaker 3: Of their way to show her.
Speaker 2: But do I think that it was orchestrated that we're not going to show her. No. I think they probably were taking it in the context of what was happening in the game, and I'm fine with that.
Speaker 3: This day in sports history, Pauline is one of my favorites.
Speaker 10: Nineteen eighty two, Wayne Gretzky tied the NHL record for points in a season when he got point number one fifty three. He went on that season to score two hundred and twelve points. He blew the record up. He had ninety two goals and one hundred and twenty assists. He was twenty one years old.
Speaker 2: And that's why we talk about Grade eight Alex Ovenchkin. But he can be the all time greatest score, but he'll still be like a thousand points behind Gretzky because you put it and his assist with his goals, that's what's mind boggling. Greatest score of all time and the greatest passer of all time. Like the numbers are. You look at him and you go, that can't be right. But he did put up those numb two hundred and twelve points.
Speaker 10: Yeah, Paul Gretzky led the NHL and assists at age nineteen. In age thirty seven, come.
Speaker 2: On and trust me, if you meet Wayne Gretzky, if you didn't know who he was, and he says, hey, you know what, I'm a Hall of Famer And you go in what sport?
Speaker 3: Golf? Uh?
Speaker 2: I don't cricket, I don't know hockey? Uh yeah, sure, yes, Todd, he's so.
Speaker 12: Soft spoken, unassuming. He's like your friend that you're working with, Like at the next cubicle over head, I'm gonna go get some coffee. Can you bring you back something.
Speaker 2: But Montana is the same way. When you meet Joe. Joe's not an imposing guy and he's so soft spoken. But those guys when they got on the ice, got on the football field, that's when they turned up a notch. Like Troy Polamalo, Like you meet him and he's like, how are you good?
Speaker 3: Good? Damn you hit people really hard. Yeah, yeah, that's my job. Yeah do that.
Speaker 2: It's like damn, but you got to be able to turn it down. Some guys can't do that. That's the problem with him.
Speaker 3: On this day.
Speaker 2: In two thousand and five, Alan Iverson scored sixty points that was a career high in a win against the Magic. Bill Russell had forty one rebounds in a game nineteen fifty eight. Didn't Wilts had fifty five rebounds? Is that the most rebounds ever in the game?
Speaker 3: Fifty five?
Speaker 2: I think might have been against Bill Russell. By the way, Um, that's it. I think we've done everything that we can possibly do on this program. Yeah, great show, Dan, thank you early. Thank you Seeden. Very nice for you to compliment me.
Speaker 10: Yes, Pauli Wilts had fifty five rebounds in a game against the Celtics November twenty fourth, nineteen.
Speaker 2: Fifty five against Bill Russell. Yeah, setan good show.
Speaker 3: Hey, thank you. I appreciate that. Uh, Todd, would you learn today?
Speaker 12: Speaking of fifty five pistol, Pete Rabbits would have averaged fifty five points a game in his final year at LSU.
Speaker 4: If they had a three point line back.
Speaker 3: Then Setan nick Wright not lacking in confidence. No no, Marvin.
Speaker 13: Nick Wright said, Fritzy is a bulldog.
Speaker 10: Paul, that's the earliest good show on record.
Speaker 3: Todd nick Wright was I oppressed by jail and hurts mom at a party. Who wants to know why he talks so negatively about herself?
Speaker 2: Slipper's Heart is a new and unique style of whiskey that combines the best of Irish and American whiskey, creating the smooth character of Irish whiskey and the bold flavors of American whiskeys.
Speaker 3: If you're a whiskey fan, you gotta try it. Drink responsibly. Thanks for the phone.
Speaker 2: Calls, emails, tweets, the all around support of this program. We appreciate that.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Todd. We'll talk to you tomorrow.