Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: Arm Strong and Getty, and he Armstrong and Yetty.
Speaker 3: It was quite striking to see several Democratic governors and lawmakers say today that while they understand a father's concern for his son, the president tarnished his legacy with the interests of his family ahead of the country. They're also worried it could embolden Trump to abuse the same clemency powers once he takes office.
Speaker 4: I've always thought it was dumb, but as I get older, certainly the whole tarnished legacy thing whatever, that's not the problem. The problem for these Democrats is they were out there on the campaign trail talking about the difference between our party and their party is we believe in the justice system and we accept the results.
Speaker 2: Oh we don't accept results.
Speaker 5: Okay, No, not when it harms us, not when its right. Because it did harm the party, It harmed everything, harmed the country, harmed the rule of law, certainly harmed the Democratic Party in all their future arguments.
Speaker 2: But it helped the Biden family.
Speaker 5: And as we've made clear, and others will comment on in this segment. It was it was far from just commuting a sentence or or letting the boy off the hook without fully feeling the weight of the consequences of his actions. It is this bizarre Nixon on steroids, Like, yeah, anything he did for eleven years, he can't get prosecuted for anything, Like what, don't worry about it.
Speaker 2: I mean it is way beyond the page.
Speaker 4: Well, like John Stewart said on The Daily Show, the bizarrely specific eleven years, what's that all about?
Speaker 5: Yeah, well I can. I've got a pretty damn good idea. The year he signed on with Barisma and started traveling the world on Air Force too, cutting deals and doing crack uh with his dad and then siphoning ten percent of the Big Guy to Uncle Jimmy.
Speaker 2: And everybody else. It's just it's it's so obvious. Please.
Speaker 5: As I said earlier, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, lays duck eggs that hatch into ducks. It's DNA is beginning examined. It is duck DNA. And as you said, it wrote a memoir. I am a duck. My life is a duck.
Speaker 2: Quack quack quack, what you're about to hear is that it's a duck back. Thank you, bro.
Speaker 5: Is an excerpt from nine minutes of this which I kept thinking, all right, I got to turn this off.
Speaker 2: But just who aired nine minutes of it? It's the internet?
Speaker 5: The internet did. The Internet has endless time YouTube. You want to watch two minutes, fine, you want to watch all of it? Fine, Next we got duck.
Speaker 2: Videos for you.
Speaker 5: Anyway, this is well, it's self evident what it is.
Speaker 2: Michael, unleash it and we'll see how much we enjoy this. Yeah, shaid a bye. By the jury decision, I will do that and I will.
Speaker 6: Not part letting the world know that he will not wipe away the decision of twelve of his son's peers.
Speaker 1: Was asked directly, and he has said he wouldn't pardon his son if he gets convicted.
Speaker 5: Let's see what happens if he loves Yeah, but I mean, but he said it.
Speaker 2: He's going to get pardoned by his dad. There's no question about that. The President has ruled out pardoning his son.
Speaker 6: Major commitment from the President accepting the outcome of the trial and also pledging not to pardon his son.
Speaker 1: But the challenge for him is really to continue to live up to his values when it was really personal, and he did that.
Speaker 2: Today.
Speaker 6: It seems like a pretty normal, straightforward answer, but it takes new weight when we see what Trump is saying about the outcome of his trial. We're hearing from the Republicans who say they don't accept the jury's verdicture in New York.
Speaker 7: The contrast is profound to sit there and say, well, I'm not going to intervene in the legal process, and I wouldn't pardon my son one side, Democrats and Joe Biden protecting the justice system, and on the other Plicans and Trump protecting Trump.
Speaker 1: Our current president of the United States has so much respect for the law that he has said he would not pardon his son. I mean, what you know, again, it's all about the contrast.
Speaker 8: President Biden saying I will respect whatever this jury decides, versus Donald Trump after he was convicted on thirty four counts, saying the entire system is rigged against him.
Speaker 4: I need a cup of coffee. That was too rich, that dessert was too rich. I need a quick cup of coffee to cut through that, because it's gushing up my mouth and so much of the.
Speaker 5: Coverage yesterday the day before was couched in the hole comparing it to Trump or Trump says or what about Trump? Well, there is a very very good reason CNN is dying, MSNBC is dying, and they all may soon go away or become shelves of the former selves.
Speaker 2: And the alphabet networks are heading in the same direction.
Speaker 5: Some of it is just the winds of change, but we all feel the wins have change. The question is do you adjust your sales, do you up your game? Do you find a way to get better or at least survive? And the answer for the alphabet networks and especially the cable networks is no, absolutely not. They've doubled down on the worst of their tendencies.
Speaker 2: Well know, I.
Speaker 4: Shouldn't be enjoying this so much, because there's there's a decent chance that these people actually believed that their president was going to do that, he was going to abide by the Justice Department and followed the.
Speaker 2: Effort encountered Joe Biden before.
Speaker 5: Seriously, the guy's a congenital liar, not a Joe.
Speaker 4: I gotta admit I was shocked the first time, or the most declarative time, because there's one time with David Muir on ABC where he said it more specifically. David Muir asked, have you made a decision? You've thought about it? Have you thought about it? Made decision? I have thought about it, and I've made a decision I will not pardon my son. I thought that one was so like declare arrative that left no none of that lawyerly wiggle room ish anything, And I actually thought, Wow, that is a heck of a thing. He's gonna let his son go to prison just to show that, you know, there are consequences.
Speaker 2: Yeah. No, NBC's reporting yesterday was all along. They were planning.
Speaker 4: It was just they made the decision to go out and claim they would pardon or not pardon them.
Speaker 2: And then they would just figure out how to handle it behind the scenes.
Speaker 5: Wow okay, Yeah, yeah, we just hold off the heat until the act was done. And you know, at that point, we're laying ducks. We're on our way out of here.
Speaker 4: And that's that's why everybody should be horrified by this, because it just makes everybody that much more cynical.
Speaker 2: And why wouldn't it How does it not make you more cynical? Wow?
Speaker 5: It should, Yeah, it really should the Great Jonathan Turley had a comment or two Michael Unleash forty one on the good folks if you want.
Speaker 9: Well, you know, the president clearly is hoping that he's given him this sweeping protection and that includes unnamed crimes quite literally there, you know, Hunter Biden could have you know, six heads in a duffel bag in his basement and this would cover it as long as he committed those murders during this ten year period. It would not protect him, by the way from state charges. But it's a sweeping a pardon that we haven't seen really the likes of since Nixon. I. It's pretty unprecedented in that respect. The problem is that Hunter could be called before Congress. Congress has committees that are still looking into the influence peddling scandal involving millions and millions of dollars. He could be called to testify. Last time he did that, the House accused him of being misleading even false in his testimony. If he commits perjury again, it's a new crime and this pardon will not have an impact and he could face a diition charges.
Speaker 4: Six heads in a duffel bag would be quite a story, and his mass.
Speaker 2: Be heading a federal crime. I don't know. I'd have to look that up, and Hunter could go, eh, walk out the door.
Speaker 5: Wow, totally. In a different clip we played earlier, called the Bidens the Goats of Corruption, which really sounds like either a protest metal band, as I said earlier, or a I don't know, as a poorly received political novel.
Speaker 2: The Goats of corup maybe a biblical phrase.
Speaker 5: Yeah we God, yeah yahweh unleashed it on the Egyptians for you know, the israelis too long.
Speaker 2: And then he said, with the goats of corrupt, he saw the golden calf and realized they needed to be teached to listen bit teached.
Speaker 5: Uh yeah, he's just talking about how and getting back to the hole.
Speaker 2: It walks like a duck and quacks like a duck.
Speaker 5: This is so obviously a dodge to protect the Biden crime family, but they got away with it. I'm hoping the story is told at some point the cosmic justice of history reckoning with the Biden administration and the Biden family as crooks.
Speaker 2: That would be good enough for me.
Speaker 5: I don't know, And maybe that's meaningless, but no, I don't think it does.
Speaker 2: It is meaningless.
Speaker 5: I think we've talked about this a lot, including earlier, the importance of culture, and how culture is much more massive and important and precious than we ever give it. Culture, for evil doers have to be called out as evil doers, even if they are moldering in the grave.
Speaker 4: Well, this is all pretty recent. I was looking at a pol the other day. I should dig it up because I screen captured the results. We think government will do the right thing was like solid three quarters of Americans up into the mid seventies.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so ours.
Speaker 4: This cynicism about government is pretty damn new. Now you could say, well, that's just because we were dumb and didn't know what they were doing, and now we do know what we're doing, so we rightly are cynical.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I suppose you could say that, But I don't know, And I think there's more evil doing. I think, for instance, yeah, I uh.
Speaker 5: And the way I would convince you is this, the willingness to wildly overspend revenue is a moral failing. It's it's not a merely a fiscally irresponsible thing. It is a huge moral failing, and that just it shows a moral route that that goes.
Speaker 4: I think it all sorts of directions, definitely, but that's that's that's not illegal, and we do have some control over that as voters and don't seem to care. But as far as just like people being crooks, I always remember this en I've tried to find it.
Speaker 2: I hope I remember it correctly because I've been saying it for years. This goes way back. Bill Clinton.
Speaker 4: Was on Larry King on CNN, So this is back in the day when that was sort of thing, and they're talking about corruption and whatnot. And Bill Clinton asked Bob Dole, who had been around d C for a long time, do you think things are more corrupt now or less corrupt or there's more of that going on right now? And Bob Dole said, oh, much less, much less now. It's just people know more about it, so it seems like there's more. Ah, And I've always thought about that that I could believe that's true, but I don't know. I don't know, but certainly this isn't gonna make a lot of people cynical, a whole new generation of cynical between the Trump is the new Hitler And as soon as the election's over, you're like, ay, whatever, and I think I'll go have lunch at his house and an in pardoning hunter. After all that talk about we're the party who believes in the justice system, I don't know. The next generation of young people are gonna be pretty damn cynical. Two final notes from me. Number one, Apparently there is now available at the Armstrong in Getty store a Goats of Corruption t shirt com It's a nice font with a crown over the word goats.
Speaker 2: I believe I think that's a crown. Is that a crowd is a crown? That is goats of corruption? The Biden family.
Speaker 5: And my second comment is, actually these are all ecliped number fifty four, Michael, these are all the leading lights of the Democratic Party.
Speaker 3: This nation was founded on the principle that there are no kings in America.
Speaker 2: Each each of us is equal before the law. No one, no one is above the law. The fact is, no one is above the law in this country. No one is above the law.
Speaker 3: The American principle that no one is above the law was reaffirmed.
Speaker 2: Make no mistake, no one, not even the President of the United States, is above the law. And my administration, no one in no one is above the law. God.
Speaker 4: When Trump heard the news that Biden pardoned a hunter, he had to be figuring, oh my god, is this unbelievable.
Speaker 2: Because now I thought I was shameless.
Speaker 4: He's seeking I can pardon myself now or pardon other people. And it has like ten percent of the sting it would have had otherwise. Correct. Correct, So free pass. We got to take a break. But a quick question, are there more to come? Do you think Joe Partons's brother or anybody else involved in any of this stuff?
Speaker 2: Entirely possible? Yeah.
Speaker 5: He will issue a bunch of you know, twelve hour, eleventh hour pardons, as all presidents do, and some of them could be family.
Speaker 10: Really.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he does those midnight pardons, and then you know, you got the whole day one. Donald Trump going after the border deportion or whatever deportation. That'll that'll just off out any any knowledge of the Biden pardons.
Speaker 2: More on the way, Stay here, Bob, I'm strong, and Getty says who.
Speaker 6: Bob Doll says, who.
Speaker 11: Strong.
Speaker 4: Painsley on Fox and Friends or whatever that show is is wearing leather pants today. And I noticed that, as as a guy who notices this sort of thing, leather pants seem to be a thing.
Speaker 6: I know.
Speaker 4: There was quite a few women wearing leather or full leather pants this leather fall season.
Speaker 5: Yes, it's back and better than ever leather pants. That's the pleasure of wearing them. Yeah, yeah, you've never warned them yourself. No, no, I have not.
Speaker 2: I have not either. Are you wearing leather pants, hedy, I can't see.
Speaker 11: Uh, I am not wearing leather pants, and I do not recommend it.
Speaker 2: I have before, and it's not a fun time chafing. No, it's just hot and not comfortable. Okay, they look hot though, that's what I hear. Look awesome. Oh my, this is troubling. Perhaps we should just move on. HR is walking down here right now.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so I want to apologize. I really booted one yesterday, as the Baseball Reference booted a ground ball. We were talking about the Doge Commission and their efforts to save money on the federal budget, and we were talking about how much of the budget is mandatory spending Medicare, Medicaid, social Security, et cetera. And then you've got your discretionary spending and you can rain that in a lot and the Pentagon and all. And I went too softly on a couple of things. I mean, like way too softly making the Pentagon more efficient. We did talk about making sure it's not about the military industrial complex. It's about the foreign policy and the fighting men and women in the United States incredibly important.
Speaker 11: So.
Speaker 5: Let's put that aside. But getting back to Medicare and Medicaid in particular, and to a lesser extent, social Security.
Speaker 2: I had semi spaced off a.
Speaker 5: Couple of stories that I've been sitting on wanting to bring up for a long time, including this one. Insurers collected billions from Medicare for veterans who cost them almost nothing. These are veterans who have Medicare as kind of a backup, but they get Vacare, but they're insurers. Their Medicare advantage. Insurers get many thousands of dollars a year to cover the cost of things that never happen. And then there was a story that the Wall Street Journal covered not long ago about this incredible rampant fraud industry where insurance companies that are billing the government send a nurse to Old Joe Getty's house and they say, hey, old Joe Getty, show me your elbow.
Speaker 2: Do that would you.
Speaker 5: Oh my gosh, you got old guy elbow syndrol, and we're gonna need to get paid one thousand dollars a month to treat.
Speaker 2: That, but they never treat it. It's an enormous scam.
Speaker 5: So yeah, what I didn't really bring up, we didn't talk about is we need to institute a culture of accountability and efficiency in our mandatory programs.
Speaker 2: I love that sounds fantastic, Armstrong and getty.
Speaker 8: Despite the crowds, the TSA says Laser focused on the biggest threat to America liquids over three ounces.
Speaker 2: It's true.
Speaker 8: On their social media, they posted this photo featuring confiscated water bottles and one bottle of ranch dressing.
Speaker 2: You know, you just know, you know.
Speaker 8: There was there was some dad who tried to chug the whole thing before giving it up. I paid for this, damn it, and I'm not gonna waste the kids you get to work on the thousand Island? Does anyone have any salary?
Speaker 4: Are the three ounces for liquids similar to the six feet apart for COVID?
Speaker 2: Just like a random number might be no flowed down to that one plot to combine.
Speaker 4: If that was one God hadn't tried to light his shoes on fire, nobody'd be taking their shoes off. I mean, so it's just all these the reactions to a single plot that live on for the rest of our lives.
Speaker 2: I guess, all eternity. So it would seem all of eternity. I hope not.
Speaker 4: I could question before we get to some news. You're talking about discretionary spending in the government. I have discretionary spending in my own life, as.
Speaker 2: Most people do. Yeah, And I.
Speaker 4: Made a threat with my kids, and I you know, I had backed myself into a situation where I was gonna have to follow through on it or all my future threats would be hollow. Obviously, that particularly with one of my sons if he didn't come up with stuff to do other than looking at a screen. I was gonna get rid of all of our streaming services. I'm just gonna get rid of them. I mean, if if you can't discipline yourself to do something, what should I do? And then I always make a list, read a book, play an instrument, walk the dog, exercise, color right, draw, build something. I mean, it's all the things human beings have been doing since the dawn of time. There are things to do other than watching the screen, and so it's probably gone on way too long. And so I followed through on the threat and I canceled everything. Now you can't canceled immediately, or maybe you can, if you do know how to do that, let me know. But I mean, I suppose I could get rid of the TV, but I need to watch the news. But I canceled all the services, so they'll all end in the next couple of weeks.
Speaker 2: They have various start dates, so in the next couple of weeks.
Speaker 4: My Netflix, my Hulu, my Paramount, my HBO, Max, my Eye, I have all of them.
Speaker 2: I canceled them all.
Speaker 4: Wow, Amazon, Apple, Yeah, I canceled them all, So it'll be that's discretionary spending. It was kind of interesting how much it added up to. It was several hundred dollars a month. Oh boy, Oh, I so need to do that. I mean, some form of it. But I hardly ever watch them at all, and it was kind of a drag last night. Henry went to bed early and I thought, yeah, maybe i'll watch another I don't, but I don't watch them that much, and so it'll be interesting to see what life is like without any of those streaming services.
Speaker 5: I swear there's some sort of insidious, practically supernatural plot to make sure that the shows we're interested in, Jen and I we almost always watched together, they will touch on each of the stream right, exactly, we haven't watched a damn thing on Hulu for the longest time. All right, it's time to cancel what only murders in the building.
Speaker 2: Out with the new season? It's on what is it on Hulu?
Speaker 10: Right?
Speaker 5: Oh, maybe we'll keep that one around for a little bit, and then the next thing you want to see is on whatever.
Speaker 2: It does.
Speaker 4: Almost seem like that they figure out your profile of what you like and spread them out. They might actually do this and spread it out among all the different streaming services to try to keep you on as many as boss.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because if it was like, you know, one of them's always rom coms and one of them's always whatever you call breaking bad type stuff dramas, I mean, it would be easier. But no, it's all spread out. I'll be interesting to see how this experiment works. My son actually said, Okay, I'm gonna start doing drugs.
Speaker 2: Then wow, you know.
Speaker 4: Them ah, speaking up doing drugs or being hammered or whatnot. Back to the news, Pete Hegsath, who may or may not become Secretary of Defense your current reading. If you had to guess, is he going to be the second deaf very shaky? Trump nominated him because he'd seen him on Fox and Friends, I think, But uh, plenty of people who think he would be a good candidate to try to emphasize the role of our military men as opposed to the hemoth that is the spending machine that is the Pentagon.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he is an extremely bright and forceful thinker and speaker on that topic. As he's very impressive, as even people who know him and like him have said though in podcasts I listened to and shows I watch, he has a very messy personal life. People who know him, you know, and you know people like that who just they got messy personal lives.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and apparently he does. I hadn't heard this particular version from ABC News last night.
Speaker 12: Hag Seth is also the subject of a damning report in The New Yorker describing multiple instances of alleged financial mismanagement and workplace behavior concerns involving alcohol, citing an internal whistleblower report and emails related to an organization he used to head, including one instance where he brought his employees to a strip club and quote haig Seth had to be restrained while drunk from joining the dancers on the stage and MANBC News has not independently confirmed their reporting. A hag Seth advisor telling ABC, We're not going to comment on outlandish claims laundered through The New Yorker by a petty and jealous, disgruntled former associate of mister hag Seth's.
Speaker 4: Yeah, first of all, you never know what's true or what's not. You never know what was you know, half of that or all of that or ten percent of that, and then gets retold in a different way. And then there's the angle of which we've talked about a lot. So you want super brave, hard ass, tough guy fighting men who don't drink and go to script cubs and get wild down, then okay, we'll try to find some of.
Speaker 2: Those, right. Yeah, I just came up with this expression. I think I may have stolen it.
Speaker 5: He colors his life to the edges. That's pretty I'm picturing something like a coloring or something. He colors, clear to the colors, clear to the edges, and sometimes he goes over a little bit. I tell you what if he were otherwise qualified And he said, yeah, you know, back in my late twenties, early the thirties, I was drinking too much.
Speaker 2: I was living too wildlife. It was a mistake and I'm past it. I think, okay, you.
Speaker 5: Know, as long as there was evidence that that that was the case, I would not give.
Speaker 4: A caarcis still going to strip clubs and getting drunk and wants to get on the stage.
Speaker 2: What the hell difference does that like? I think that speaks to larger issues. It's having a good time. He's blown off some steam. He's a fighting man. He's a handsome man too.
Speaker 5: I mean, if he were to get up there, the ladies, certainly the straight ladies in the house would be placed.
Speaker 4: And you know, was he joking around and he was full restrained, or was he actually climbing on stage and bouncers had to hold him back.
Speaker 2: You don't know if it happened at all.
Speaker 5: One bad night does not an indictment make of a person's character. On the other hand, oh my gosh, I read the full text of the email, his mom wrote him that the New Times publishing they got a hold of through a different.
Speaker 4: Relations Senator Ted Kennedy drowned a woman and covered it up.
Speaker 5: For eight Since that's a fairly low bar. Well, just lots of things happen. Have you ever drowned a young woman then covered it up? No, Senator, not that I recall. Well, here the keys to the Pentagon, Son, that's a hell of a standard you got over there.
Speaker 13: Here the keys to the Pentagon. Anyway, there's one door at the front, and he has the key. Hold on, let me unlock the door. Sorry, Oh, that's that's right. The strip club trying to get on stage.
Speaker 5: His his mom's email, Uh we we soft pedaled it.
Speaker 2: I read the whole thing. It is a.
Speaker 5: Coldly angry, detailed, sober indictment. It's it's devastating, it's awful. Now she again is claiming these days. She immediately wrote him back apologize, said that was out of line.
Speaker 2: I shouldn't have said that. Blah blah blah. But she didn't say it's not true, though, does she? Yes, she does.
Speaker 5: She says, oh, it's he's a good man and a good husband, father, And then those things I said were not true. But that makes her just a nut that. I mean, like I said, it wasn't. It wasn't the spoutings of an angry, sputtering, you know, person who like to you know, we have played an excerpt of a phone message at the very end of the Friday Show for a long time where this lover spurned is just so angry at her lover she's dropping f bombs all over the place and ends with have a great Friday, you mother, Blanker. It was not like that. It was very carefully written. And if then she fifteen minutes later she said none of that is true, I mean, that's.
Speaker 2: That's crazy time.
Speaker 5: So at some point these questions accumulate, whether fairly or unfairly, And if they're just too many of them, why.
Speaker 4: Though I don't so have we decided and I'm not exactly sure where I am on this issue, but did we decide as a country?
Speaker 2: For certain, if we had known what John F. Kennedy was doing, he shouldn't have been president. Or Martin Luther King Junior.
Speaker 4: Sorry, you can't lead this of a rights movement because you cheat on your wife all the time.
Speaker 2: In light of women? Is that what we is that our standard new.
Speaker 5: No, clearly because we just reelected Donald J. Trump, who's got a bit of a history himself. I just think the key is if that is juxtapost against But this guy is like an unbelievable reformer and has straightened out this bureaucracy and this department. Now he's gonna put the you know, foot to ask in the Pentagon. There's a lot you could overlook. But if a guy is also a Wow, he's got no experience as an administrator, he's new to it.
Speaker 2: He's I'm not sure Shandy's a cad.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it all just kind of factors in.
Speaker 4: Like I said, I don't actually know what I think about this, but you'd have to eliminate some of the greatest figures in US history.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 4: Some of it is presentism in that we have completely different beliefs about things like the own enslaves or whatnot. But the cheating on your wife stuff from the sixties, No, that was never cool. Nobody thought somebody in those real lives thought that was cool.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't know. It was different certainly the way the media dealt with it. It was your job and then your personal life, and you just the personal life is none of our business. Do you care, athleat or a politician?
Speaker 2: Do you ever care? And this is the example I always use.
Speaker 4: You ever care if the CEO of your company is cheating on his wife going to strip clubs, I don't care.
Speaker 5: As long as somebody is coming going to have an impact on the company.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 2: I can't even imagine carrying other than for gossip reasons.
Speaker 4: Right, Yeah, I know, we got to figure this out. Maybe this will be the conversation. In fact, it probably will be the conversation during his hearing, which will happen in January or February.
Speaker 5: Here's a sports metaphor for you as a longtime San Francco Giants fan. And I was not really down with this at the time anyway, but Barry Bonds one of the greatest hitters in the history of the Major League Baseball and one of the greatest steroid consumers since Hulk Hogan.
Speaker 2: He was not a good presence in the clubhouse.
Speaker 5: He was a selfish superstar Prima donna toward the end of his career.
Speaker 2: The giant head and tiny testicles.
Speaker 5: That's right, And that's one of the reasons the Giants got rid of him and he couldn't really find a team. If you hit like Barry Bonds, you can be a prick in the clubhouse. But if you're a two twenty hitter and you heck like that, no nobody wants you.
Speaker 2: And the problem with a pete hexast guy.
Speaker 5: And I do have a great deal of respect for him on several different levels, but he's an unproven hitter in this league and he's bringing the baggage in and the questions and it's just no, it's too much. It all.
Speaker 2: It's the totality of it.
Speaker 4: This is gonna be the conversation when the hearing finally starts if he sticks around that long, and he.
Speaker 5: Might not get out of the park, and if he does, all of the concerns will be laid aside. In the Senate will say, you know, the President gets to a point who he wants, let's give the guy a try.
Speaker 4: I thought John Stewart was brilliant last night on the whole Hunter Hunter Biden pardon.
Speaker 2: We have a little more of that. We will finish strong coming up.
Speaker 4: John Stewart Daily Show last night went big on the Hunter Biden pardon.
Speaker 10: But you know what, ladies and gentlemen, hipocrisy is an illegal nor is it particularly unusual on politics. It's not like he's ever going to run again, So why not take care of your kid even if you said you weren't gonna I respect it. I don't have a problem with it. The problem is the rest of the Democrats made Biden's pledge to not pardon Hunter the foundation of their defense of America, this grand experiment.
Speaker 9: One political party remains committed.
Speaker 2: To the rule of law and the other doesn't. It's that simple. Hunter Biden's not above the law. No one is above the law.
Speaker 9: Democrats stand for the rule of law.
Speaker 10: We accept the outcome because that's how the rule of law works.
Speaker 11: Because the justice system that convicted is only a surviving son is the same justice system he's about to protect. And if that doesn't tell you who Joe Biden is, I don't really know what does?
Speaker 10: I think I know what does? And now look at the dance Democrats have to do.
Speaker 4: Yep, look at the dance they have to do now explaining what their guy decided all of a sudden to pardon his son. Yeah, it's a uncomfortable position. There's some serious tap dancing going on. But I'm hearing a lot of people saying this went too far. I don't remember, maybe because I'm tired. I know I've learned this a half dozen times. Why does the president have the ability to pardon anybody for anything? Why such a blanket power? What was the original point?
Speaker 5: Why?
Speaker 2: That's a good question.
Speaker 5: I don't remember, like from the Federalist papers or.
Speaker 4: I'venates of the customer. I've known several times, and it always makes sense. It's so that something can't happen, but it gets abused.
Speaker 5: I bought that gigantic book when I was on vacation this summer. That was like the minutes of the discussions at the Constitutional Convention.
Speaker 2: I got to go dig into that.
Speaker 5: I hope there's an index because it's like fifteen hundred pages long.
Speaker 2: But it gets abused.
Speaker 4: I mean, every president going out of office usually you know, at eleven fifty nine on January twentieth, and it barely makes the news because you're every newscast has the speech of the new president and everything else that's happening, and you know, some people get upset.
Speaker 2: About it and it goes away. But the horrible there's been some horrible pardons in my Lifetime.
Speaker 5: Well, you have to get out a jail free card for your friends and cronies.
Speaker 2: It's that's that's it. Yeah, this is a particularly bad example of it thoughts. I'm strong, It's I'm strong, You're ready, Kay Green and.
Speaker 11: Strong.
Speaker 2: We're all doing the Trump dance. You couldn't say it. Here's your host for final thoughts, Joe Getty. Let's get a finals off from everybody on the show. To wrap things up for the day.
Speaker 5: There is our technical director keeping us on the air, Michaelangelo.
Speaker 2: Which final thought, Michael, Yeah, My final thought is the December third, and is finally the day. I can't eat Thanksgiving leftovers anymore. I just I can't eat any more turkey. I should have had you bring it in. I didn't get any leftovers. I miss it. That is tragic. Katie Green are esteemed Newswoman.
Speaker 5: As a final thought, Katie as of noxious as this whole parton thing is.
Speaker 4: I am loving the montages popping up on the Internet of just all the clips like The Hunter are doing crack and oh yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a gift Democrats. No one is above the low.
Speaker 4: John Stewart last night when he was doing his hunderbite impersonation put a gun on the table.
Speaker 2: Wow wow Jack. Final thought for.
Speaker 4: Us, Yeah, I wasn't gonna talk about this, but I did. I declared, my favorite flavor is like turkey gravy stuffing mashed potatoes together. That spoonful of that is my favorite all time flavor.
Speaker 2: God, that's good.
Speaker 5: I'm too hungry to think, oh gosh, my favorite.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry.
Speaker 5: My final thought, I'm not the least bit tired of calling out the outrageousness of this blanket immunity for his partner in crime, his boy, Joe Biden's boy. It is so much bigger than a commutation of a sentence or pardoning for a specific crime. It is a superpower granted to a known criminal by his papa. Armstrong in Getty where I thick got about other grueling four hour workday. So many people, thanks, so little time. Go to Armstrong in Getty dot com. We've got the Armstrong You Getty superstore there for you. The Goats of Corruption T shirt is available, not to mention the cot.
Speaker 2: The crap T shirt.
Speaker 4: I like random T shirts that need explanation. I think that's hilarious. We will see you tomorrow. God bless America.
Speaker 5: Listen up, Jack Wagon Wirst episode.
Speaker 4: Every let's hug and love each other and we'll be back with more right after these works.
Speaker 2: Damn, that's just the way it is. Empty and Boom goes to dynamite. Whoo, let's go with the.
Speaker 5: You know what, I'm in the mood for, bone deep sadness, sadden to the bones, to the bone full of melancholy.
Speaker 2: Sad that I know. Thank you all very much, Armstrong and Getty