Speaker 1: It's the Best Bits of the week with Morgan Ikill, just the bits.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the weekend, everybody. I hope you have gotten to enjoy hopefully some nice weather. I know after the cold snap, everybody was ready to get some sunshine, and I think most places in the country have had some. If not, I hope the sunshine is coming to you soon. Thank you for joining me this weekend.
Speaker 3: I'm Morgan. This is the Best Bits.
Speaker 2: Part two we catch up on the Bobby Bone Show. I share the seven top segments from the show this week. On part one and part three, you can catch Mike d and I catching up. Part one, he shared a huge update in his braces that he's had for a while, and I also shared a quite mental breakdown that I had recently just with adult life. And part three we answered all kinds of listener questions, So check both of those out. But until you do, it's time to catch up on the show. So let's do this. There's a listener out there that seems to think Amy is the devil or she's encouraging demonic activity because she wanted the show to participate in writing our feelings today and releasing them. When the blood moon happens, so you can hear the DM that she received and kind of just you know the craziness of this whole thing.
Speaker 1: Number seven, Amy's the devil? Do you guys know that?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Amy's the devil? Oh? No, I didn't notice it, but a listener did, Yeah they did. Where did you get this message?
Speaker 4: He sent me a DM? Okay, go ahead on Instagram and he said, you know, the burning of paper like that during a blood moon is demonic? Is all crap, and you're spreading demonic rituals to everyone. WTF? I thought you were Christian. I guess I could be wrong. Sorry if I'm wrong.
Speaker 1: So let's back out a second. What's you talking about?
Speaker 4: Okay, So when you told me about the blood moon, I thought, oh, I think that there's some rituals the word I know what he used, the word rituals.
Speaker 5: Why didn't Yeah? I think?
Speaker 4: I said, I think there's some activities we could do during the blood moon where we release things and it's just a good night to do it, and we may need to burn it or throw it in some water or something like that. It's just a fun one thing we could do together. I'm not doing anything demonic or satanic.
Speaker 6: I'm just simplify. I'm me simplfy what happened. I don't know what the blood moon was. Amy's like, it's red, yeah, but she used that as a conduit to get us all to hang out. It wasn't even about a blood moon. Yeah, she was like, I would like to hang out, like I need some friends to come over to the house or something.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 4: No, I wanted to host us together at the house doing something outside of work together that is a bonding experience and we can all take something in our lives that we need to surrender, release and get rid of.
Speaker 6: And at first it wasn't about the blood moon. She's been pitching idea, yeah, and I was like, blood moon, it feels weird astrology.
Speaker 1: Weirdos probably think this actually means something.
Speaker 6: And then Amy's like, what we could do that's fun is you write something down and then you throw it in water, and it's like it's an activity.
Speaker 1: To let that thing release whatever. Who would you bo happening?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's an experiential thing, like you can in your mind release something, but when you write it down on paper and burn it and then drop it in water, like there's.
Speaker 1: Just a scary He brings up a great point. That's why I'm not doing it. Yeah, no, no, yeah, I'll live by the good book. And you know what, he.
Speaker 4: Probably also doesn't take his kids sug or treating.
Speaker 6: Or read Harry Potter or if you're offended by this, if you think this dumb little activity you could do at a work office and that doesn't have to do with a blood moon as a get to know you game where you just like write something down you want to get better out at work and throw it. Dude, you're out of your mind. I actually I'm banning.
Speaker 1: Your fosten into the show for two weeks. How do you enforce it? I don't, but maybe the big man upstairs? Will you cut street?
Speaker 4: Sorry if I'm wrong? He goes, I guess, I guess I could be wrong. I thought you were a Christian. Sorry if I'm wrong.
Speaker 6: What he's doing there is setting you up to go sorry if I'm wrong, I thought you were Christian.
Speaker 1: Unfair.
Speaker 6: He's not saying sorry he's wrong. He's saying I'm going to compare you to what I thought you were by taking a shot at you.
Speaker 1: That's completely unfair. Wait till he hears about the other stuff.
Speaker 3: What other stuff?
Speaker 1: We're still doing the reading the Dragon book?
Speaker 4: Oh fourth Wing.
Speaker 6: Listen, whoever you are, you're out of your mind. She might be demonic, yes, but not because of this.
Speaker 1: Is she a Christian? Yes? Yes, yes, very much so. Yes, so you are a moron person.
Speaker 7: Just is it during the blood moon? I think you can do it any other day of the week. But he said blood moon makes you a demon.
Speaker 4: No, it's the ritual.
Speaker 1: I don't think you ever said a ritual though, I don't know if. I also don't think you're the devil.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 9: But we're not doing this though, right.
Speaker 8: No, we are.
Speaker 6: I'm using this as a reason not to do anything because I don't want I don't want to go to hell, and I don't want us to be put on that side of the chart.
Speaker 1: A good call, and it's like, okay, welcome to the pearly gates. Next up, number two, Bobby coming up. Oh wow, this is good, this is good. You did this to blahah mmm blood moon burn paper.
Speaker 4: Okay, So if you're canceling this activity, what are we replacing it with nothing? Something more wholesome.
Speaker 1: Well, we'll do prais and worship ourselves at our own houses.
Speaker 5: Love it.
Speaker 4: That's not together. You're missing the whole point.
Speaker 1: Get over yourself, do your band from two weeks to listen to the show. What's his name? First name?
Speaker 4: Well, I have to pull up my DMS. I just copied in paoplelock him. I didn't even I left it in the I didn't even move it over to the where he could see that. I read it because I was like, oh, and also I don't want to judge him like nothing, I don't. I don't have any ill feelings towards him, Bobby, I don't need anybody to retaliate.
Speaker 1: She is in constant fear of retaliation always. Yeah, okay, it's the best bits of the week with Morgan number.
Speaker 2: Two, get more stop by the show. We haven't talked to him in years. He's been outliving his life, traveling the world. He's been spending a lot of time in Hawaii and down in Africa, and he also has a new album out. So he came in talked about all the things. If you want to watch the interview, you can check that out on our YouTube page at Bobby Bone.
Speaker 1: Show number six. There is Kip Moore. Everybody back. I'm gonna see a buddy look lean and mean.
Speaker 8: Just got done serving for two straight months, so I guess maybe that's it.
Speaker 1: Do you live in Hawaii?
Speaker 8: No, I don't live there. I go there though, for at least like a month every winter.
Speaker 6: So what do you do for a whole month? Like talking me through a day in Hawaii? Because no idea.
Speaker 8: You know, normally I'm up before the sun comes up. I used to always ride my bicycle into downtown Lahina, but that's no longer with us at the moment because the fires. Yeah, because the fires, and it's but there. It It kind of gave me a little hope this time. I mean, when I was there last year, it was totally like an apocalyptic scene. It was pretty gnarly. This year, you're starting to see frames go up and hopefully that's followed by you know, business and stuff. But it still was my routine where I take a bike ride early morning and I would check the whole South Shore coast to see the thing was close by happen and breaking. And then if nothing's happening, I go to Honolua Bay. Usually I get I got a truck that I ran out there for my buddy. And yeah, so it's like a twenty minute drive, and then I'll surf for four or five hours, and then I go to our roots, I get a little coffee and a little lunch, and then I go back out and surf a little longer. And then if somebodies are doing something on the other side of the north Shore where I might mountain bike late in the evening, when we'll go up to Hollyockwall and go all the way down and we'll do like a camp fire up on Polypoly and call it a day.
Speaker 4: You do that every day for a month, it.
Speaker 1: Was a different language.
Speaker 8: I mean, yeah, I wouldn't say every single day, but the majority of that, at least pieces of that I'm doing every single day.
Speaker 6: And when you surf that long, it's got to be something more than just a physical part of it. I never served, So like, why do you love surfing?
Speaker 8: You know, Bobby, it's think about it like this. I love the snowboard. I love it like I really do. I love playing music. I love it like truly for the purity of it. But either one of those scenarios, but we'll say realistically, like if you said, oh man, where are you going to snowboard this year? And I said, you know Park City. He said, oh, man, you're gonna have a blast, but just be careful because every winter over there there's a big monster that comes out of mountain and kills like two people on the way down. I would never snowboard again. That'd be it. You never see me on the mountain. Surfing is the only thing I feel like once we get past the age of like, you know, eleven, twelve thirteen, we have happiness and we have joyful moments in life. I'm not saying that, but to tap into that childlike spirit of nine, ten eleven years old is impossible. It's the only thing that does it. So you know, when I catch a really good wave, its throttling, and I'm on top of like a one foot reef where there's that also that danger element of all men. You know, I could die. It's two feet overhead, and you see people coming out bloody all the time. When you catch that and you're in it and you feel that u fork thing that's happened in that moment, and it's you know, the waves are like carved in these celestial workshops, and it's you know, you get out the backside and the sunset and everything. You feel like you're a little kid, and so I'll you kind of risk that for anything.
Speaker 6: Are you able to separate yourself from the world and the tasks or troubles of the world because you have to focus on just that.
Speaker 1: Is that a part of it?
Speaker 8: You just said it. It's the only thing I feel. I'm trapped a little bit in a maniacal state that I stay in a lot. You know, I can't ever seem to turn that thing off, and that's the only time that it happens. That's the only thing that I'm doing where everything just kind of goes away. And it's not just like you know, music and stuff that I'm here and you know all the time in my head, but it's I feel everything big and small, like really deeply. So you know, I can't even remember when we played South Africa last year. I had a moment. I've been doing some things that are underground over there, and i had a moment where I met this kid and I've never had a kid make that kind of impact on me, and I carried it with me for I mean, it was just constantly in there, you know, for months. It felt like it's the only time that when i'm out there and you're in that that everything goes away, the music, all the things that come with the madness, whatever heartache you're experiencing, whatever it is, it all goes away. And it kind of has to because you have to be dialed in. If it's really pumping, you cannot think about anything else.
Speaker 1: Who was the kid?
Speaker 8: It was? So I've been going to these shanty towns in different spots of Victoria, Johannesburg or Cape Town, and there's a woman that's been running a soup kitchen there for years. I'd heard about her and I wanted to meet her. And they said, well, you can't go into this area because it's just way too dangerous. So I said, well, let's go. We're going today because it's my only day off. And they were you know, it was like this back and forth, and the government got involved, was like, you can't go, we can't go in there, YadA YadA. So we ended up going. We weren't supposed to, but I talked a couple of my security guards to take me there and I met her. I wanted to meet her in person because I wanted to get involved with her. So then that went to this other thing where she was talking about these safe houses she was wanting to build. So that that's when I started meeting these individual kids. So this kid was Michael, who lived in this I mean this space that was I mean easily just as big as a square right here, with about six other kids, six of his brothers, one sister. Never met a more gregarious kid in my life. Yeah, it so now we're just trying to h We're not trying to it's actually happening right now. So now we're working on the safe houses are going up now in that area.
Speaker 1: Did that remind you that you're not always just a product of your environment, Meaning this kid has, from what we have, a pretty rough life. But if he had such a positive attitude, like you're explaining how he is, like people are drawn to him.
Speaker 8: He's unreal. He was unreal.
Speaker 1: Does that continue to give you new perspective when you see somebody living a life like that but doesn't act like you think someone should actively live a life like that.
Speaker 8: One thousand percent. There's so many elements to this. And when we could sit here and we could talk for two days on this, because I got so many opinions on this, but you know, you can't help but look around and what is happening within that particular area to the opportunity just is not there, so that light will most likely start demming. But that's you know, the special thing about kids before we kind of ruin them in a sense, you know. And but his environment is nothing but gangs affiliated around him. You feel the tension unlike anything I've ever been in inside that, So you know that there is I'm really big on this. I'm really big on if you can be in a really dire poverty situation money speaking, but if you have a solid foundation of parental structure, you can get past those things. But without that and in that situation, yeah, it's a it's a it's pretty dire.
Speaker 1: Where do you live?
Speaker 8: What state I live? I mean I live here?
Speaker 1: In your mail? Where's your mail come?
Speaker 8: I live? I live in Nashville. Okay, yeah, yeah, I still live in Nashville.
Speaker 1: So your bill's come here? Yeah, got it?
Speaker 8: I still I still live in there.
Speaker 1: You're all over Hawaii, South Africa?
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, like when it's time stuck cell phone bills?
Speaker 8: Well yeah yeah, I mean that goes over there on Charlotte. But yeah, yeah.
Speaker 6: So what a what about time to actually be creative. When do you get that because you have the new record now, But like when do you write the stuff?
Speaker 8: I mean, it was it was every single day, Bobby. It was truly a relentless pursuit. Every every time I got home last year, I was in this. I was either writing with my friends or I would start most of the songs. I'd get halfway done at this. You know, a little place I got on the East Coast, and that's where I would go and I would write it and then I would get guys out there, but I would hold up tracking. I mean, it was non stop recording every time I had days off. And I mean I did. I don't know. I guess I did one hundred shows last year. So it was every time I was home. I mean I was. I was working on it every time I was back in Nashville.
Speaker 1: You're working on But when were you writing it?
Speaker 8: Yeah? I mean, like I wake up every single morning. It's the first thing I do. And that might end up being, you know, on the road, and you know, I get off the bus and I have a little whole little process that I do. But I'm jotting out the lyrics that I've got what that I wake up with and I'm singing the melodic parts the Countermeloy's into my phone because I'm always got that there. So then I see what I have if it's something that moves me. I might be three four hours into it before soundcheck, or I might just jot down a little bit for thirty minutes. I come back to it after soundcheck, then it's another hour, and then I come back to it after the gym and it's another hour. It all depends, it all varies, and then late night I've gotten to where that's kind of when late night, super early morning is when I feel the sharpest rake.
Speaker 6: We play a few field the songs here. Yep, let's do bad Spot? Can you give me some bad Spot? This is Keip Moore in studio.
Speaker 1: You felt sad there, man, what's happening my dear?
Speaker 8: No, This record was very much a an unpacking of the closet. It was, you know, I think that even with you guys, I mean it's you come in here and you hustle every day, and or you're on the road a whole lot, and you have this ability to start compartmentalizing. You compartmentalize all these things in your life and you shove them down and you bury them, and a lot of times because you don't want to face it and you don't want to look at yourself, like you know, you don't want to look at yourself and actually see what it is, you know, what you've done or what somebody's done to you. And so this record was a very cathartic process of that. And I didn't know what was happening because I write, like I said, I truly write every single morning, so I'm not always in a record cycle. But I wrote High Hopes living Side, which is one of my favorites on Little Record, and solitary tracks in like a week span, and then it's like, oh, I'm writing a record right now, I'm saying something. I've got something to say. And I felt it, you know, I felt these things that are buried, and I think it's just an unpacking of that closet, looking in all the junk and saying you're sorries some people you can't reach out to and say you're sorry, to say in your sories in your heart for those people, trying to pray for forgiveness for that, and then trying to receive the grace of that for yourself and letting go of the things that people hurt you on. And I think that's what this whole record is.
Speaker 1: There's one I'd like you to comment on that. I like the Flowers in December. Could you play that ray? Make that a little more personal for me?
Speaker 8: You know, that was actually me thinking about my dad. It wasn't so much of a it is a love song in a way in that sense, but it was He'll creep into my mind at the strangest places, But then thinking about him had me also thinking about it. That's like a chain event that happens. And then I'm thinking about something a long time ago that went awry and our lives went separate ways, and I happened to be looking at a flower at that time that had wilted, And that's how the whole kind of concept came there.
Speaker 1: It's a lot of tracks, twenty three tracks, the songs solitary tracks is out, But twenty three songs? Does that mean you wrote a whole bunch more and you cut it down to twenty three?
Speaker 8: It was just going to be the thirteen from said A and B and that's all it was going to be because that SAD, A and B is a thing. It's a very specific thing. The sounds, the sonic nature of it is all one thing. And then when I finished it, the label said, well, you actually you got four months until we have to turn this in if it's going to come out February twenty eight, because that was always the set date, and so I just kept writing. And then C and D is more of just an eclectic mix of I was in a whole different space because once I wrote that, I was done mentally with that in the way I felt, and so everything started to change. And then I had Love and War, which is just a straightforward rock and roll song, and Ali Cat and it was a different kind of levity to the music and it's but it's definitely kind of a hodgepodge mix on the next side. So I just decided, what the heck, you know, I couldn't have done this in the situation that I was in. Let's just give my whole pile of songs. You know, they hadn't had a record a minute.
Speaker 6: So with as much as you travel, do you do a lot of stuff alone a lot like go to restaurant and to moving.
Speaker 8: It a lot. Yeah, and I've always kind of done that though. I mean at sixteen, I was doing that, you know, I was making up an excuse with everybody, you know. And I love I love companionship. I love hanging out with good people. And but I can just remember kind of being aware when my dad kind of probed me, like, why didn't you go with Jason and Matthew when they were came by the house, but then you left at nine o'clock. He didn't couldn't quite wrap his head around that. But I would go see the movie by myself instead of going with everybody else.
Speaker 1: Why is that?
Speaker 8: I don't know. And at times I love, like I said, I love the companionship, but I love sitting. I love sitting in the coffee shop by myself, jobbing out thoughts. I love to read.
Speaker 4: It's a solitude thing. Yeah, there's different between like being lonely and finding solitude.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's gonna be a monk.
Speaker 8: It's it's definitely not a like a lonely.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 8: But see, like you say it, like I'm there's a part of that. Like I've even looked into going to those temples and doing the thing where you don't speak for a month. I'm, there's a there's a there's a romantic nature to that, and I just think there's certain things that you can't find out about yourself when you're constantly surrounded by people like i'm, And I feel like being uncomfortable is the best way to learn who you are. I really feel that way. So it's not that I'm just trying to stay away from people a lot, but it's like, even when I go on these surfing trips, you know, I'll go get a dirt bike and El Salvador and then make my way down in the Nicaragua or whatever and maybe keep going. And I love it. I love the I got back this morning and yesterday morning, and I quickly it's like, man, and I'm not by no means of my bashing Nashville in any sense, but I get here and the madness right away. You know, you're in that traffic and it's just chaos and everybody's honking, everybody seems on edge. And you go to the gym now and everything just feels so different than even what it was ten years ago in this town, and it seems like everyone one's insular, super super insular. It's a very uh, you don't feel warmth in these places, and so I think too. I love so much being by myself. I can't tell you how many experiences I've had in the last two months where I pulled up on a dirt bike to a surch spot and I'm just sitting there and I got a cup of coffee in my hands and I'm just kind of hanging out, and the next thing you know, there's somebody else that comes up right here, and next thing you know, there's somebody else here. Before you know it, because there's no waves, We've had a three hour conversation about everything under the sun, and the next thing you know, we're all grabbing dinner the next night. I make friendships, real friendships so much in the gym that I go to the Block Malley, which is just my favorite gym in the world. That you walk in and there is such a warmth in that place and everybody's it's a genuine nature of they're excited to see and it's everybody in there, and they're all hanging out, they're talking, and they're still getting no work out in and then they all go hanging I have made more friends in these places that I'm in for just a brief amount of time than the gym that I go to every day in Nashville. I you know, I can't think of anybody that I've really even hung out with it. I've been working out there for eight nine years. It's just a different thing of everyone's guard is down, there's no inhibitions, nobody's trying to be cool, nobody's trying to put on some front. They're not looking around over the shoulder, and who else is in the room, And well, I gotta go. I got a thing, and I got It's none of that. It's none of this like surface thing you're You're in like these deep conversations so fast in these places. And then the next thing you know, I'm in a living room that's happened in Mexico recently, and I meet this guy could barely speak English, and we're looking at the ways end up surfing all day together and he's like telling me and I can kind of understand Spanish pretty good now, and he's inviting me back to his house. Six knew I'm in a house with nine people having tacos where no one can speak English, and I'm in their living room in this tiny little house and like, I'm like brothers with that guy now. And so every time I go back, you know, there's you know, there's it's awesome. There's no social like you know, it's like people here around here want to hang out with the people here. It's a weird thing, and it's You've got doctors hanging out with fishermen, hanging out with plumbers, hanging out with guy that runs a gym, and nobody cares. And when I'm traveling by myself, I open myself up to all those things because I'm just kind of drifting and letting it all kind of happen.
Speaker 6: Obviously, you're playing a bunch of shows and you ability are doing some shows. What song in the first few notes do people hear and freak out.
Speaker 1: Of yours?
Speaker 8: That was us? Just yeah, yeah, right away, that was us The bull I would say The Bulls probably the biggest song that I have, which you know is never on the radio, and it's probably the biggest Yeah, easily wherever I go around the world at when the minute, you know that when and that was us in Crazy More Time. Those are probably the three that garner the biggest reaction.
Speaker 1: Are you gonna learn all these songs? All twenty three.
Speaker 8: Oh gosh, Bobby, you know, last night I got home, and I'll be honest, this is the first time that I've like really checked out, like truly I was writing. But normally when I go I'll start kind of thinking about the next year and working on the new stuff that I've written, and I just started looking at it last night and trying to relearn because a lot of times too, you record them a certain way, and then when you play him live or you're playing an acoustic you got to rearrange them a certain way. So I've spent no time, so I gotta I gotta get on that pretty quick.
Speaker 1: You look, Jacks, I'm gonna be honest with you.
Speaker 8: I mean, what a batch. No clue. I've never maxed in my life, No.
Speaker 1: Clue, pretty jacked, rejected, probably like ready to ball to eighty five? You do to eighty five one time?
Speaker 8: Truly, no clue, truly, no clue.
Speaker 4: Like when you're working out, you don't, like.
Speaker 6: Adult really don't max though, I mean I did just because I wanted to like see.
Speaker 4: What I could do, and like, yeah, you all know these guys know what.
Speaker 6: They're I'm an idiot, So I max, like because I want to relove my junior high all days.
Speaker 1: So I didn't know, you.
Speaker 8: Know, like I know what, I know what kind of weights I work out with when I'm doing sets and stuff. But I've never maxed. Maybe I did in high school maybe, but I don't remember maxing out ever.
Speaker 6: Do like rocks when you're in the country and there's no weight, you're like just lifting boulders a picture you're doing, Yeah, like two curls with boulders, yeah.
Speaker 8: And El savador that's all you could do. So I didn't want to stop like training, so I mean I was surfing a lot, but like you know, you got you'd find big rocks and.
Speaker 4: Do Yeah, do you want to life three sixty or anything like that. I feel like somebody in your life needs to know where you are at all times. Like I'm kind of worried.
Speaker 1: Yeah, neckarg wouldn't I've been there. It don't feel safe.
Speaker 4: But like, like are you able to be located if need be? No, you're like off the grid still Like.
Speaker 8: No, I mean I don't. I don't even have a computer. If you have a phone, I got a phone, like a yeah, I got I got an old phone, Like I think in twenty thirteen. Yeah, still running.
Speaker 6: Okay, Well, we're not worried for you because you got it all figured out, but I don't have it figured out.
Speaker 8: Well, I'm the last person that's got it figured out.
Speaker 6: And that's what That's what allows us to say you haven't figured out, because if you thought you had to figure out, you wouldn't. And those that don't have it figured out are the ones that have it figured out that you next never actually figured out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm kind of jealous of all quick how you get here, but I also am worried.
Speaker 9: What's cool is we've wondered where you've been. Yeah, yeah, and now we know he's.
Speaker 8: I don't. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Uh, it's good to see a buddy. It's good to see you, guys.
Speaker 6: What people may not know about Kip is that Kip is still is a plus athlete, not even at like the rock climbing and the surfing, but like was like an it and still maybe an elite golfer. I don't if you get to play enough golf, but it keeps like a true artist slash athlete. He's the reason my cup isn't full in those areas. Like God gave him so much he didn't have any left for a guy like me, which it's like, oh, you gave it all to Kip, he gave Bobby.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 6: We do have a challenge that we've been doing here. It has to do with a bit of hand eye coordination. Do you still feel like yours is pretty good?
Speaker 8: Decent?
Speaker 6: Okay, we've had a couple people give it a run. We had. The current leader is Derk Spentley. Matt Carney is right under him. We're gonna put the scoreboard up behind you. Now you can walk away from the challenge. It doesn't matter. But you ever played bop it before?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 6: Okay, it's a very easy game. You hit the button, you bop it, You twist it and you pull it and it tells you what to do.
Speaker 1: All you have to is listen. You take a practice run. You'll take a run.
Speaker 8: Yeah, let's do it. I heard one of you guys talking about spear fishing on the way in here before I leave. After when this is over, whatever, I have the most insane so I have ever heard it. While you talk hear it, I'll give you the really quick version. Dear friend of mine, alb Lair, who's probably the best big wave rider in the world, the most radical human being you ever meet. He's insane. And his buddy, Tory Meser, is also a ripping professional surfer. So Tory is only spearfish twice and Albi goes all the time, and they will on the north shore, and this happened like two weeks ago. Albi's down low, he's got all these fish around his belt he's been catching, and he can hold his breath for like four minutes straight. So Tory is up close to the top of the surface and he can hear the screaming happening, and he looks up. There's about a twelve foot tiger shark that keeps rushing at him. So he's fighting him off with his spears. So Albie freaks out and takes his belt off little fast and swims up to the top, gets in from the shark to like Tampa with it, and lets the belt go. Shark guy dies about ten feet and goes away from it right away. Alby sees the shark go away, so he tells him to go up real quick, get a breath. He says, we're gonna have to go back down. We don't want to be bobbing on top, so they go back down to get eye levels, see where it's at. Comes back around circles from behind him, and he says, you know, I've been in the water with so many sharks, but I've never had one literally trying to eat me. And it's going at him. He said, the speed of this thing was crazy, and it would dart at him. And they were fighting this thing off of spears. It was a solid fifteen minute fight with this shark. And now they're trying to spirit and swim backwards towards the shore, and so holding.
Speaker 1: Not shooting a spirit over because if you shoot it, you've only got one shot.
Speaker 8: So the shark was opening its mouth, and I'll be told him they kept going to the surface. Whenever it would swim off, they would quickly go to the surface get a breath, and i'll be told him. Towards the end, he says, this thing is going to eat us if we don't do something now, because he could tell how desperate the shark was. Must have been super hungry, juvenile shark twelve feet mal so, but he knew he only had one shot. Instead opens his mouth again, I'm trying to shoot in his mouth. But then you're gonna be the only one with the spear. He never got the shot because it was so he said, it was so quick and you couldn't time it. But now the shark had figured out. It went behind him and it was trying to push him back out to the deep, and it's pushed him out further and further. He said. This fight went on for solid fifteen minutes where he truly thought of all the big wave Ridingy's done, and you know he's had severe brain damage from jaws and stuff. He said, this was I knew that it was over. As aggressive as this thing was. They finally fought it off and they made their way.
Speaker 6: Back and how if what was the final It just it finally gave up, got tired, it gave up with him.
Speaker 8: Yeah, dude, that's crazy.
Speaker 1: That's monster.
Speaker 6: That's why you don't surf. That's truly you're talking about snowboarding. If a monster was on the mountains, that's the monster that I would not That's why I.
Speaker 1: Don't go out there.
Speaker 6: That story alone, I was gonna go surfing today, yet not doing it, brother, thank you. Okay, so this is just hand eye coordination. So if you hit skoob but if you want to show me at the button, will do a practice round. We'd have no idea, that's the thing. We don't even know how to offer expert advice. But you will win a scholarship. You will win a scholarship.
Speaker 1: Score six So if you hit it's gonna tell you that's the middle button. So that's bop it, and that's twisted, and the other one's pull it. I score sixteen. We'll practice run here.
Speaker 10: Twist it, Pully, twist it Pully.
Speaker 6: All right, he's ready. Let it die now, I let it die for score by now. One of the most athletic guys I know, he's gonna play bop it.
Speaker 1: He's ready to go. The leaders Dirk Spentley with eighteen. Kip, are you ready?
Speaker 8: All right?
Speaker 1: Hit it up? Pull it, pull it, no, pull it.
Speaker 4: Let's twist it.
Speaker 1: Now, bop it, score.
Speaker 5: It.
Speaker 10: Twist it, Pully, twist it, Pully twisted, Poppy, Holy twisted twisted.
Speaker 1: It slipped out of his hand. Uh nine eighteen, you were on it. That was the thing.
Speaker 6: It just slipt out of your hand. That was a grip issue. Anyways, Now it's going to sleep. Well, look, man, the record, I'm gonna be honest. It's twenty three tracks. I haven't listened to every single track, but I did listen to.
Speaker 1: A lot of it. It's awesome.
Speaker 8: Appreciate it.
Speaker 6: I think I listened to A and B the first Okay, yeah, I got you. That's why I knew.
Speaker 8: Take it, take it. Take a look on fevers when you.
Speaker 6: Hear the only game of the think last night. The record it's not actually out yet, I mean it is while we're talking about it. Yeah, it only just got it. Like, yeah, I'm rooting for you. I love the project. I love that feel so personal. You were able to do it how you wanted to do it.
Speaker 8: I think that's I appreciate that. I think that's.
Speaker 1: Probably more fulfilling for you than any other project you've ever done.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I appreciate that you got to do anything.
Speaker 1: Everyone's listening now. Go see kept on the road and he's doing a bunch of dates himself. He's all over the place.
Speaker 6: But also he's doing a bunch of dates with Billy Billy Carrington and the record is out today. It's weird when something new comes out, because do you expect feedback immediately? Do you search for feedback immediately?
Speaker 8: No, I've tried to like really disassociate myself when I like it's it's uh yeah, you know, because I can't sit here and say I don't care, because I do probably too much. So I try to disassociate myself when I get done with the project, like I mean, I've really put it behind and then I'll be playing it soon and I'll be reconnected to it. But you know, music is just so subjective, so I've just learned to let that be what it is.
Speaker 1: Solitary tracks out now, Kept more, go at, kept more music.
Speaker 8: Good to see, Buddy, Thank you, thank you. Love the Larry Bird soundball.
Speaker 1: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan. Number two.
Speaker 2: It's not very often that Lunchbox comes in concerned about somebody else. Most of the time he just spills some tea, makes a complaint, But to raise a concern is a very unusual thing for a lunchbox.
Speaker 3: Buddy did, and it was about.
Speaker 2: Amy and something that happened in our studio's parking garage.
Speaker 7: Number five, Lunchbox, you have asked for the mic go ahead, yes, And I'm concerned for Amy's safety. Oh Amy, I'm worried you're gonna injure yourself or you're gonna injure someone else in this building. You drive like a maniac in this parking garage.
Speaker 1: And it's all she does.
Speaker 8: No.
Speaker 7: I saw her driving like thirty miles an hour coming up, and here's the thing whipping around, whipping around. Usually when you're the one coming up a parking garage, you take the outside and you make a wide turn. Amy is cutting it like coming around, and I'm like, Amy, there's gonna be someone coming the other way and they should be. And was giving me like uncomfortable feelings because she.
Speaker 1: Was moving so fast and anxieties. Yes that's the word. Yeah. I wanted to just help you out with that.
Speaker 7: I was feeling uncomfortable in my own skin. I saw it. I was like, oh, Amy, you're going to hit someone. You've got to slow down and you've got to take your turn.
Speaker 4: Here were you watching?
Speaker 2: Why?
Speaker 1: Amy? Why did you see how?
Speaker 7: I was sitting in the parking garage and I could see her coming up and I see her whip.
Speaker 9: Whoa why are you sitting in the parking garage?
Speaker 7: Was I was getting out of the car, chilling man, And I was just like, Amy goes way too fast.
Speaker 1: I mean she is moving. Even if you go a medium there's an accident that's gonna happen because our parking garage wraps around, wraps around, wraps down, and we're up on like the seventhethh or whatever it is, and people almost get hit all the time going slow to where they have to put mirrors up in the corner so you can see people coming around. Amy don't even know those were mirrors there. I was told, you think those are corner chandeliers.
Speaker 4: They're useful. Now that I'm aware of them, I speak on this. I have no idea what was talking about. There's there's no way I was going thirty miles per hour up the ramp. It's impossible.
Speaker 6: Okay, let's say you stop. Let's say we remove the number. Are you a bit aggressive?
Speaker 4: No? I don't.
Speaker 1: I think I know.
Speaker 4: I think that I'm totally fine. I think that he's just digging.
Speaker 1: Do you take wide turns or no?
Speaker 4: I could probably go a little wider. Okay, I could probably go a little wider. He's not wrong about that. But I don't think I was reckless or driving too fast. I probably do need to proceed with caution at that point, like where you're turning, because I do forget that, like other cars can come out the other way, So that's.
Speaker 1: From the other way. Nope, that's where the head on accident's gonna happen. Yeah. Has anyone been in an accident here?
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, yeah, knock on wood.
Speaker 7: Give it two bucks and amy if she doesn't start taking wider turns and slow down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you have to go slow and wide.
Speaker 4: I feel like I'm going slow, so I'll just go wider. But you know, i'll for lunchboxes sake care since he is concerned about my safety, I will make note of my speed next time I'm doing it. I'm not even gonna try to manipulate. I'm just gonna do like a normal do. Go up the ramp and check the speed.
Speaker 6: Latchbox over under thirty days until she has a fender bender of some sort under you think so, I mean.
Speaker 1: The next month, you think she had something or somebody.
Speaker 7: The way she was moving to the parking garage, I was like, wow, my girl, you need to relax.
Speaker 1: Girl. Okay, it's the best bits of the week with Morgan.
Speaker 2: Number two, Cale Lowry, who some people might know from sixteen and Pregnant came on to our show.
Speaker 3: So a few weeks ago we scammed a scammer.
Speaker 2: It was somebody who was impersonating Cale's manager and they asked Amy to come on her podcast as a guest, and they were doing this whole zoom thing and we knew it was a scam, but we wanted to set it up so we can scam the scammer. We did that all happened, which you can watch on our YouTube page, and then Cale came on to share her thoughts on the whole thing and this person impersonating her manager, so you're gonna hear her whole story also the time she hacked.
Speaker 3: It's crazy. These scammers are wild.
Speaker 1: Number four so Bobby Bones Show interviews. In case you didn't know, we're about to talk to Kaylan Lowry. Kayln Lowry was on teen Mom, uh.
Speaker 7: Sixteen and pregnant then teen Mom. Yeah, it cycles up.
Speaker 6: So Lunchbox is a massive fan and we knew of her outside a Lunchbox because Amy got an email going, Hey, I'm John, I'm the manager. I want to put you on a podcast on Kaylen's podcast, and it felt fishy, so we tracked it all the way and got the guy on and he was trying to scam right USh.
Speaker 4: There are scams where they offer you money to join the podcast, and he hadn't offered any money, so we were like, well, maybe this is legit, but he was trying to just hack my Facebook.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and then there's a part where it's like you're safe, trust me, feel free whatever it was here, don't.
Speaker 1: Want to be afraid. You're safe, don't worry.
Speaker 6: They're so creepy. So we'll talk to Kaylan about the scam. And then also Lunchbox will get some questions in as well because he is a super fan. But here she is Kayln Lowry by Hey Calen, they're saying you go by kal Now is that true? I just want to say your name right Yeah? Yeah, cal So, Cale Lowry's on, and we have many reasons for you to be on. We have super fans of yours in the studio and we're gonna get to that in a second. But we got to tell you we had somebody try to scam us, acting like they were your manager, and.
Speaker 1: People do this to us as well.
Speaker 6: But does this happen with you where people act like they are representing you and they're really not.
Speaker 11: Yeah, well, most recently somebody I'm assuming the same people that scammed you.
Speaker 5: Guys were scanning like I don't know, twenty.
Speaker 11: Or thirty people I got tagged in like things sort of like what they tagged me in on your page.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and so we got them on the phone.
Speaker 6: No, we did the whole thing where we knew it was a scam kale and then we're like, well, let's just do what happens, and so we get them on It was some dude from India.
Speaker 1: Don't be afraid, You're safe, don't worry.
Speaker 6: He was like telling us to click links and give control of our computer. And so it was just to let everybody know, like, don't when someone's trying to schedule us or you, because this is a real problem now, right what is the endgame?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 11: Like are they getting finances somehow or what is the purpose.
Speaker 6: So what we think is they want to control of our computer and then they are in and so they can take over your Facebook because they wanted to do it on Facebook, which also let me know it wasn't you because they were like, we're going to do this podcast on Facebook, and so we don't really jump into Facebook with many podcasts like do it from there. Yeah, but they want to take control of your Facebook, and then they want to use that Facebook to sell a bunch of crap.
Speaker 4: Scam other people your followers.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, Well that.
Speaker 5: Happened from my Facebook.
Speaker 11: My Facebook was taken over by somebody and for years I couldn't get it back, and they were monetizing my public Facebook page.
Speaker 4: No way, Okay, so that's total me what he wanted to do.
Speaker 6: So were you ever able to get it back? And what were they trying to sell? How are they making money?
Speaker 5: I just got it back.
Speaker 11: I think maybe within the last year I got it back, and I mean we were in conversations with Meta. We were trying to figure out, you know, could we pay a service to help us get us back? Get it back every video that I put up because I still had the ability to post on it, so I would post reels and things like that. They would get all of the profit and all of the monetization from that. But they would also post the most random videos with people I had no idea who they were, funny videos, all kinds of content, and they would get paid on those as well.
Speaker 6: Well, we're here in solidarity. We are not trying to book and pay anybody. And the guy that emailed us his name was John Walker, your manager, and do you have a do you have a manager named John Walker?
Speaker 5: I don't even have a manager.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, from India?
Speaker 6: And I was I was like, her manager ain't gonna be from India. Like my manager lives in the same town as I do. And there's a reason.
Speaker 1: But okay, So, anybody that's trying to get booked on Cal's podcast, how do you book your podcast? This is good? How do you book yours?
Speaker 11: You can email me info at Cal Lowry dot com dm me and it's always going to come either for me, my assistant or my producer for the podcast, which I talk about. You know Kristin and Alessandra all the time. So if you're a regular listener to the podcast or know me on social media, like you know those two names.
Speaker 6: That's crazy. Okay, good lunchbox. You've been over there chopping out a bit.
Speaker 1: Are you be in Cal?
Speaker 5: Hey?
Speaker 4: How are you hey?
Speaker 1: I miss you? Look we used to we used to interact on Twitter. But let me tell you my Twitter got hacked. I don't have Twitter anymore. Gaus, Oh my Twitter is click on Kale stuff. It wasn't it a cal I don't know where.
Speaker 7: You'm from, but it just went away and I don't have it anymore, and so then I miss out on a lot of life updates.
Speaker 1: I want to know, how do you have time to do so many podcasts? I mean, how do you do it?
Speaker 5: I just do it, That's the number one question I always get. But I just do it. I work from home.
Speaker 11: I have this cute little office, and I have a set recording schedule every single week, so I know exactly what podcasts are getting recorded. And I try to be out of my office by two thirty to go pick up my kids every day.
Speaker 8: Man, that is so.
Speaker 7: Cool off by two thirty and then just be mom and living life. And do you miss do you miss the TV? Like?
Speaker 1: Do you miss that part?
Speaker 11: It's a double I want to say yes, I don't miss the narrative, but I do miss a little bit of the environment.
Speaker 1: What about the girls? What about the other girls? Do you still talk to any of the girls?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Well I just signed Caitlin and Tyler to my podcast network, So that was exciting.
Speaker 7: That's awesome, and so like how like rich wise, like are you living to imagine, like what's going on Cale?
Speaker 5: I mean, I live comfortably.
Speaker 11: I have a nice little five thousand square foot house that I love, and we have a rental property right in the front and a farm.
Speaker 5: So we live very comfortably.
Speaker 1: You have one more question, only one more?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean, oh, I have stuff I want to ask too, but I'm let you get your super fan stuff out.
Speaker 7: Do your kids understand the famous aspect? Do they do they get approached in public? How do you handle that?
Speaker 5: It's it's been a little weird.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 11: Isaac's fifteen now, so that part is a little weird for him because he doesn't really know how to navigate it just yet.
Speaker 5: But he said, when people are nice to him about it, he's fine.
Speaker 11: It's like the kids at school, if they ask nicely and they're not like rude or entitled to his answers, that's been okay. The rest of the kids don't seem to mind or really get approached on their own.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's what's crazy. Is her kids about to have a driver's license? Like that is so weird? Is that the kid from sixteen and pregnant the writ the og? Yes, yeah, and that's what I mean.
Speaker 7: Like they were showing like Macy and then were doing a follow up season and the kids are like driving, and I'm like, how is this possible?
Speaker 1: How I've I've known these girls for sixteen years. You've known them all? Yeah? Yeah, been the part of my life for sixteen years. You have seven children?
Speaker 5: Cal Yeah, I have seven?
Speaker 8: Why?
Speaker 1: And what the oldest is? Fifteen? How young is the youngest?
Speaker 5: My twins are one?
Speaker 1: Was there any theme in naming them?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 11: Originally I had the middle names all were double L that was the main theme. All their first names were inspired by somebody or somewhere right, like Isaac was Isaac Hanson from the Hansons, Lincoln was the Burrows from Prison Break, and so there was like a theme sort of with the first name.
Speaker 5: What was your original question?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 5: And then the double L middle names.
Speaker 11: I lost that with the twins, Like by six and seven, we didn't have any more double L names.
Speaker 1: Do you have any rule about your kids being in pictures?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 11: I if anyone approaches us in public, I don't allow my kids to be in them. If the kids are like, no, I want to, that's a different conversation.
Speaker 5: But I don't like when the fan comes up and asks, can you get Isaac in the picture? Can you get Lincoln in the picture? I don't like that?
Speaker 1: So you do? Do you allow your fifteen year old to have social media?
Speaker 11: He does have social media, but I oversee all of it, and he if he makes a video for his Instagram or his TikTok, he sends it to me first and I have to give approval.
Speaker 1: So what's the difference in Coffee Convos? And then like Baby mom is no drama, Well, so.
Speaker 11: We don't have Baby Mama's no drama anymore. We now have Karma and Chaos. So Karma and Chaos is a rekindling of a friendship with my friend, one of my best friends, and so we fell out and then we got back together. We have a podcast now, Coffee Combos with Lindsay is very different because we talk about co parenting, we talk about pop culture, we talk about everything on there. And so I would say Carma and Chaos is more advice based and experience based, and then Coffee Combos is just a free for all.
Speaker 1: What about Barely Famous? Is that a guest podcast?
Speaker 5: Yeah, so Barely Famous is guest based and I just do interviews on that one.
Speaker 1: So how many days a week are you doing podcasts?
Speaker 11: We have a lot, usually three or four days a week. Last week I recorded eight or nine episodes all together.
Speaker 1: What is your relationship with fame? I mean, so I asked that because it's barely Famous podcast and I don't know she's famous. Don't let her lie to you she ain't barely famous. Well, I'm not asking that. I'm just like it define fame today.
Speaker 5: I mean, I don't even know if I can. When I think of famous people, I think of.
Speaker 11: I mean Kim Kardashian, right, like big names, and I'm never I'm not that right, So that's why I say barely famous.
Speaker 5: But I sort of have like people. Some people know who I am, So that's why I say barely famous.
Speaker 11: I don't know if fame has a definition anymore because people are becoming famous just through Instagrams and TikTok. Now they don't have to be on a show, they don't have to be an actress, they don't have to be an actor, you know what I mean.
Speaker 6: Yeah, there's like a micro fame, and yeah you can be famous for just being specializing in something where if you know a whole lot about brocoli you're gonna have a following and someone's gonna see itm be like, oh my god, you're my favorite broccoli, you know. I think And when lunchboxs ask you the question about being on TV, I think just doing content is television now. You know, anything on the phone, if it's in someone's eyes or ears, I think too.
Speaker 11: With the I don't want to call it a downfall. That might be reaching, but cable is sort of going away. People are getting more views on their social media than when shows are airing on TV with a full production.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and it's much cheaper to do, you know, and we can just do it. And that's aby the row stuff. It works so well, you know, and not the real you know, shiny stuff. Oh well, I mean it looks like you work really hard. That's that's super cool. I'm so happy to see your success after the show. And man, you got a lot of kids. That's pretty crazy. Seven kids, that's wild. Did you what was the goal to have a large family?
Speaker 1: Like? Did you have five and we're gonna do one more? And then it's like, oh we got two more.
Speaker 11: No, that sort of happened after that. I didn't want kids originally. I never wanted kids. So when I had one and I grew up an only child, I was like, well, we better have one more. And then it sort of went kind of snowballed from there, and you know, we joke about having an eighth.
Speaker 5: But eight eight feels like a lot to me.
Speaker 1: Did it get easier physically? Like four five sixty seven? Like to hold it got worse? Really? Yeah?
Speaker 5: I would say my body was way.
Speaker 11: It took it much easier back when I only had you know, two and three, But by my fifth and my twins, I was going through it.
Speaker 5: I was going through it physically.
Speaker 6: I feel like with six pregnancies you have the sample size to actually ask you this could Is there something that happened to you while you were having the kid that you knew it was going to be a boy or girl?
Speaker 11: No, and I had gut feelings, but they weren't always right. So and I didn't find out For the first three, I didn't find out if they were boys or girls. I was just like, I knew the next one was going to be a girl, and they weren't until my daughter came was she's one of the twins.
Speaker 1: Because people are like if it's if it's low it's going to be a girl.
Speaker 6: There are all these things, and I ask you again, who have been through six pregnancies, six different versions of labor, that it's all just a crapshoots the whole time.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, every single time. Know that the Chinese calendar a little string.
Speaker 1: That's awesome.
Speaker 6: Well, you guys can follow Cale on Instagram at cal Lowry and again the podcast it goes from barely famous Karma and chaos coffee combos. I check those out. We'll put them in the body of the podcast art description as well. Hey, thanks for the time, and we're so happy we did not get scammed by you.
Speaker 1: It wasn't you. Yeah, yeah, you do not have a manager in India.
Speaker 6: Yes, yes, Well, I hope you have an awesome rest of the day and thanks for spending some time with us.
Speaker 5: Cal thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Are you gonna talk to you? Bye bye. It's the best bits of the week with Morgan.
Speaker 2: Number two, everybody on the show felt that they had to make an apology to someone or something, so we did it on the show, big vulnerable moment where everybody got very public and shared an apology that they felt they had to make.
Speaker 6: Number three we're gonna do. Is there anyone you'd like to apologize to that? That's the segment. Eddie's the one that suggested it. I don't know why are you looking to public apologize?
Speaker 9: Yes, go ahead, Yes, I'd like to apologize to my wife. A few days ago, she came to me and said that her tire was flat, that it was indicating on the screen and her car that one of her tires was going flat. I inspected the tire myself, went punched it a little bit, squeezed it around, like, this isn't flat. You're whatever's telling you it's flat, is not flat. Fine? She went another day, she says, still telling me, it's even more flat.
Speaker 1: I checked it.
Speaker 9: It's not flat. Turns out she had a nail in it. And then because she went against me and went to the tire place, she went to the tireplace without telling me because she didn't believe me. But you are wrong, And that's that's why I'm apologizing, because I was wrong. But I'm just saying I was a little upset that she went. She totally just just better ignored me.
Speaker 1: But her instinct said, you're wrong.
Speaker 4: You needed to ignore you, or she's going to end up on the side of the road.
Speaker 9: Right, you're right, and that's why i'd like to apologize.
Speaker 1: Did she end up on the side of the road.
Speaker 4: No, she did not, Thank Goodness, because she was proactive.
Speaker 9: She said, my husband's stupid, I'm going to go check this out at a tireplace.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Did you get mad at her when she told you?
Speaker 12: No?
Speaker 9: No, I was like, wow, you were right. I'm sorry, you were absolutely right.
Speaker 1: Good for you.
Speaker 4: So now you're just publicly apologizing.
Speaker 9: Yes, I'm publicly apologizing, and inside when she went against what I said, I was kind of a little irritated, but I'm over it now.
Speaker 1: Lunch box, anyone you want to apologize to you, I'd like to oologized to my neighbor.
Speaker 7: There was a dead squirrel in my yard and I didn't want the kids playing with it, so I got two sticks and just flung it over into their yard.
Speaker 1: And they didn't do anything to you.
Speaker 7: No, they didn't do anything to me. But I didn't have anywhere to put the dead squirrel trash bag. Yeah, I mean I was just outside and the kids were outside, and I was like, man, I'll just fling it over their yard.
Speaker 9: So now he has a dead squirrel in his yard.
Speaker 7: So they had a dead squirrel in their yard and the husband was was out of town, so she had to call her son, who lives somewhere south of town, and he came over and got the dead squirrel. And I was like, oh, I saw Jimmy was over there. She's like, yeah, I had a dead squirrel in my yard. And I was like, oh, that's that sucks. But I like to apologize my neighbor. That was me after the squirrel in your yard because it was dead in my yard and I didn't need it.
Speaker 1: Appreciate you sharing that. Yeah, it's brave, Amy.
Speaker 4: Well, I do, but it's private.
Speaker 1: What that's the point. No, it's through the bobby.
Speaker 4: I needed to talk to you in your office.
Speaker 1: So we'll just see they're apologize. Yeah, yeah, I'm good. I'll forgive you.
Speaker 5: Well, I don't even know what it is.
Speaker 1: I don't care. You don't even I know it is. I'm holding nothing, I have not I have no resentment.
Speaker 9: What if it's like she stole a million dollars, Oh it could be.
Speaker 6: I would rather not know because I don't want to get irritated at something. Why would you What if you apologize for something that I don't know where I'm not bothered by. There is a chance you're introducing me to being irritated at something.
Speaker 4: Which means the deep down you are irritated by it, which means I need to apologize.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I know what I want to I know what it is. You know I don't apologize for what?
Speaker 4: Why?
Speaker 1: No, we're not I know what it is. We're good, We're not good. I know what it is. We're good, but we're not good.
Speaker 2: I know what it is.
Speaker 1: Ok we all know what you all know what it is. We're even tell right now.
Speaker 4: It's your tone.
Speaker 1: It's not good. Tone, weird.
Speaker 4: No, you're you're brushing it off like, no, we're good.
Speaker 1: No, I already know we're good. I don't know.
Speaker 4: I've known you for twenty years. It's not good.
Speaker 6: Oh my god.
Speaker 9: Okay, see, Mike, do you know what it is?
Speaker 8: I don't know what it is.
Speaker 1: You guys don't know what it is. Knows what it is?
Speaker 10: Do you know what it is?
Speaker 9: I don't know what it is.
Speaker 12: It has to be.
Speaker 1: Don't even say anything else. You do know what it is?
Speaker 4: Okay, and I need I want to apologize.
Speaker 1: No need yes, Hey, apology accepted.
Speaker 12: I know what it is.
Speaker 4: I know this doesn't feel genuine right now? Okay, apology accepted, Bobby, Can can we meet in your office? This is or you want to do it right now?
Speaker 1: Yes, we'll do it later. We'll do it later. I got to do my thing real quick. Okay. But I don't think you need to apologize.
Speaker 4: I want to there's a difference, fair enough, Okay, isn't there a difference?
Speaker 1: Do some of you guys not know?
Speaker 9: Still don't know what it is?
Speaker 1: Unsow? Okay, later, we'll get to it. We'll get to it.
Speaker 8: We'll get to it.
Speaker 1: Let me do mine. I'd like to apologize to my wife because I have a semi announcement here, but not really.
Speaker 6: I'm trying to go pro and pickleball. So I'll hired to pick aball coach and we just bit her lip because she didn't want to.
Speaker 1: I hired to pick a ball.
Speaker 6: He's a former tennis player, okay, who's like playing pickleball at a high level. And I was like, I need somebody to train me because I'm trying to go pro and pickleball.
Speaker 4: Does he live here in Nashville?
Speaker 1: Yes, and so I hired. That's not the thing. Don't judge me already.
Speaker 6: This is not the I hired a pickootball coach and my wife was like, hey, can I come out and hit some with you in the coach. I was like, no, business serious, and I shouldn't have said no. I should just should have just let her come out and hit with us.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 1: I know I got a little too competitive and said that. I know I shouldn't have. That's on me. I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: So she did she end up coming out?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, but I don't mind letting her next time.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, she's probably gonna I'm totally not to go.
Speaker 1: I'm apologizing. I should have well, she asked, I should have said, yes, come out, but I was like, I gotta train. I don't want to be, you know, doing anything. It's not up to my level. Yeah, So I apologize.
Speaker 4: That's good.
Speaker 1: More get anything you want to apologize to publicly.
Speaker 3: I mean, I need to apologize to myself because.
Speaker 8: This is.
Speaker 2: Because of all my Verdico stuff. I'm just my heads a little bit in the clouds, and I may or may not have loved tapped my garage a little bit when I.
Speaker 1: Was trying to get out backed into your garage.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like I thought it was totally up and it wasn't. And so there was a nice little.
Speaker 2: And I got mad at myself because I was frustrated with the fact that I'm.
Speaker 3: Still dealing with it.
Speaker 1: Was a whole moment.
Speaker 3: So I need to like, I'm not very good at giving myself grace when this stuff happened.
Speaker 1: So yeah, maybe get that checked out, all right, everybody? Get not now another time we'll do it on the air. Oh see, Oh I love that.
Speaker 12: Good.
Speaker 1: Okay, thank you guys. It's the best bits of the week with Morgan.
Speaker 2: Number two, there were two things that happened recently with some coworkers, and we decided to talk about it on the show, but not in the capacity of just the conversation about that, but which one lunchbox was.
Speaker 3: Going to be more jealous and upset over. And we all made bets.
Speaker 2: And then he heard these two segments and he definitely had a strong envy of one particular coworker here, and it may get him into some trouble if he.
Speaker 3: Does anything about it.
Speaker 1: Number two, just walking back in the studio, he does not know the options he's about to hear, we're judging which he'll get. Okay, there he is. I'll be quiet, all right, Come on in. I don't like this headphones.
Speaker 9: You don't even know what it is.
Speaker 1: But when you send me out of the room, you're sending me up for failure. We're not okay, good.
Speaker 6: We do want to share a couple stories with you, Okay. The first one is Ray Mundo is going to walk a red carpet on a TV show and Ray, They're gonna send a car. Yep, Lemo, I've been told, Lemo, you're gonna do You're gonna do press interviews just for the pub of what do they want with my car when they pimped it? Yeah, so Chase Matthew has a TV show a country artist, and they took raised car and they remade it. But they want ready to come out and be the star of the night, walk the red carpet, do press, et cetera.
Speaker 1: Thoughts. That's annoying.
Speaker 7: Why, I mean that just sucks like I mean, I don't know, I just I mean I I that's something I should be doing. I should be on the red carpet of shows.
Speaker 1: I don't know. It's a little frustrating. What is your frustration or annoyance level? Uh what a level? Like?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: Like I don't think he really deserves it, but whatever, I mean, that's what they want. That's what they want. Well, he's on the show.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's unfortunate, That's what I'm saying, Like, I don't understand why they Yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay, another story. Ed you want this one? Yeah?
Speaker 9: Sure?
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 9: There are are some people that we work with that went to Jelly Roll's bar and while they were there, Jelly Roll said, as long as this bar is open, you will never pay for a drink here, and he handed them personalized cards and they are lifetime cards for them to drink for free at that bar. And the crazy thing is one of the guys don't even drink.
Speaker 1: So it's a Jelly Rolls bar. Everybody was invited to go to the opening.
Speaker 4: No what wow?
Speaker 1: And they got cards for life. Dude, here's the thing. I got invited to that, right, we all did. Yes.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but he was at nine pm like start time, and I was like, ooh, nine pm, that's a little late, you know what I'm saying, Like on a weeknight, I don't know if I can hand that. These other people, see they don't have jobs where they had to be there early. They just roll in whenever they want. They come in at ten o'clock and it's like, oh, no big deal. Or they work from home so they're able to do that kind of stuff. That is frustrating. Oh that sucks. You know how cool would be because like friends coming down, I got you. You slap that down on the bar and you just buy everybody.
Speaker 12: Drinks all night a frustration level, Like just imagine, like you just want to go out on Broadway where and just take people any time of the day.
Speaker 1: Just go in there and start buying people drinks. Should be the most popular people person in town. You could have been there. You chose not to say you think jay roll give me one anyway?
Speaker 10: No, I do not.
Speaker 1: No chance you don't think jolly roll hoo.
Speaker 12: Can know?
Speaker 1: I don't even ask because that puts them in a weird pressure. No you did.
Speaker 6: You just told lunchbocks to ask you. I am going through don't because it's a whole conflict of interest thing where it's like if I don't.
Speaker 9: Then they feel pressure you.
Speaker 1: I'll all say, look, this was I'll say this if I handle it this way. I don't want you to ask. It puts artists in a bad place. Not not awkward or anything. It's already awkward. No, no, you just listen next time.
Speaker 2: I see.
Speaker 4: We can't even handle the hypothetical because it.
Speaker 1: Makes it makes me look bad if you're asking for free stuff.
Speaker 7: No, no, no, I'm not going to ask for free stuff. Just listen to how I'm gonna say it. What I'm jelly man?
Speaker 1: How you been? How you been? Are you talking like that? You don't talk like that?
Speaker 7: Sorry, sorry I missed that grand opening. Dude got a little sick. I mean I missed everything. Anything cool happened there? Like, were you giving anything away that I didn't give?
Speaker 1: You can't do give anything away?
Speaker 6: No, no, no, it's it's conflict of interest because it doesn't be jelly roll. But people would feel like, well, if I don't do this, maybe I don't get to go on the show, maybe I don't get it, so they feel like they have to do that.
Speaker 1: So if it comes to you. But no, you can't ask for it. I don't ask. No, you can't even allude to it. No, no to tweet like, man, I can't believe I missed that free drink card. It Joey roll. No, it was you didn't miss it. He was never giving it to you.
Speaker 12: No, No, he was that.
Speaker 1: You don't know that. You don't know that that everybody that went to the Great Opening got it.
Speaker 6: No, not everybody. Obviously there were thousand people there. Some people you know in the building.
Speaker 9: Don't worry about it yet.
Speaker 7: Let me know.
Speaker 4: I know he already said. One of the guys doesn't drink.
Speaker 1: Yes, no way right now, why like, what's he going to do with it? He didn't even come to town. I'm gonna play jelly roll now, are you? I'm serious? That's all. You took me out of the roof boarder, round me up. We debated which wou get most irritated. Which one did you vote?
Speaker 6: I didn't vote Amy, and Eddie voted that Ray because he was closer, like he's fat from you. Now that's celebrated famous, he's and Morgan thought it would be you love free stuff so much that it would be the jelly roll thing.
Speaker 1: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan number two.
Speaker 2: Sometimes we all have some very big news to share, and that is what happened this week. We went around the everybody had a big news story to share, whether it was personal, something that happened in the news that's impacting them, or maybe it's not good, maybe it's kind of weird. I don't know, you're gonna get the whole gamut of things. But we all had big news and that's what you're about to hear here.
Speaker 1: Number one. This segment's completely unfair because I said, everybody share some big news, and Amy just went how big? I got nothing, But we'll come to you. We'll come to you well, because what happened was I saw something. I was like, oh, big news.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna share this on the show. So here we are on Thursday. I got big news to share. Then Eddie goes, I have big news too, okay, So then it was we forced everybody to have some big news.
Speaker 1: So Eddie you can go first. What's your big news? I have huge news.
Speaker 8: Go.
Speaker 9: After seven years of paying a car payment, I am finally a car owner. I own my jeep. It's one hundred percent in mine. I don't own a payment anymore. It's like crazy because I've never ever owned.
Speaker 1: A vehicle before. I think that's a big deal. I think it's we celebrated big big news paid off his car.
Speaker 9: That's really cool, big deal.
Speaker 1: I feel like Amy's gigliin because hers this.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, I don't know say anything. We'll come to you in a minute. I have big news. It's something I've talked about on the show a lot. Now I want to read you this. The latest analysis has reduced the probability of that asteroid. They got up to over three percent to now point zero zero one percent.
Speaker 1: News we're living possibly wow.
Speaker 6: Asteroid y Are four will pass Earth on December twenty second, twenty thirty two. The probability had gotten his high as three point one. The rise and fall of the asteroid's impact probability has followed an expected and understood pattern. The European Space Agency says zero zero one percent point zero zero one percent.
Speaker 1: For me, that's big news. That's big. Keep me up with it. Okay, I don't know what you're about to say.
Speaker 4: I don't neither.
Speaker 1: Oh, you don't even.
Speaker 4: Know what you're I have like five different things in my head right now.
Speaker 1: We'll give me one. Amy's big news, everybody.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm going away for a weekend with my ex husband and my two kids.
Speaker 1: This is big. I don't want to no, I want Amy to tell more before we start and starting our theory.
Speaker 4: Should I have gone with something different?
Speaker 6: So you and your ex husband are going away together with your kids. Yes, now that sounds I know it's not.
Speaker 1: I think it's not.
Speaker 6: That sounds romantic, it's not. Okay, yeah, because we all thought that, right, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay, I go ahead.
Speaker 6: Well, and.
Speaker 4: It's just something that we're doing for our kids with our kids a therapy type thing and co parenting situation. And I'm just really proud of us forgetting to this point to where we can do something like this same room. Were staying in the same room. No, we're not staying in the same room.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a fair question. Yeah question.
Speaker 4: I was open to staying in like the same space, but like different rooms. And then Ben, my ex husband, he was like, well, how does your boyfriend feel about that? And I said, he's totally fine, He's supportive whatever we need to do for our family, it's totally okay. And then ultimately we decided we're going to do separate like Ben and our son will be in a space and then Stasha and I will be in a different space, so totally separate. But we were we were open to that because it was going to save a little bit. But that's what we're going to do, and it's I'm really excited about it, and I'm just proud of us, and I hope this gives hope. I know not everybody has this type of co parenting situation where you can get along, and Ben and I definitely have moments where we struggle in our communication.
Speaker 1: But this is big big news news are big news.
Speaker 6: Take it weird news, but good news, mature news, mature news and weird just how you positioned it. My husband and are going away together well with our kids.
Speaker 4: She even gave us that little our son was even like, does this mean that? Oh wow, Yeah, he did ask that same quest estion that you did, and uh, we said no. But this our family is a priority and it's important and we're going to always be here for you and your sister.
Speaker 1: Big N's Big, We like it Lunch Fox Big News on Saturday, March eighth. I'm gonna be in the mad Dog Demolition Derby.
Speaker 9: You're driving.
Speaker 1: They're giving me a car to driving the demolition derby.
Speaker 4: You get to crash into.
Speaker 1: Where is that. It's in Shelbyville, Tennessee. It's like right down the road.
Speaker 6: Are you safe, I'm saying, well, I mean I have a seat belt. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm sure you have a helm. I've betted demolition Derby's Yeah, you have a helmet. Is there any way you get hurt?
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a way I can get hurt. Like, well, okay, so I'm doing like they have a they have two different things. They have the like were you crash into.
Speaker 6: Each other, then who can last along? As before they break their skins? Right, and you drive backwards so you don't damage the engine. But I yeah, this is woke demo Derby.
Speaker 1: I don't like woke demo Derby because that's smarter. This is woke demolition Derby. No, okay, go ahead.
Speaker 7: That's so you don't damage your engine, it lasts longer, but that's part of it. And then they also have where they have races where you have two cars and they do two laps around the venue and you wreck each other and flip them and stuff.
Speaker 1: You can't do that one. That's what I'm doing.
Speaker 6: You're gonna flip I don't know if I'm gonna flip them, but I'm rubbing. Okay, sorry, you're gonna get flipped by somebody.
Speaker 1: Maybe Nitro ned that's the guy you're racing. Are you doing the one though, where you do the demo demolition or just the just the race.
Speaker 7: But they're giving me a car and I get to race and I can spin the dude out bump them what they can bump me.
Speaker 1: I mean, there's gonna be awesome.
Speaker 6: His dreams always to be bumped by a dude. Yeah, it's been for a long time. Finally, Morgan anything.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I well, Speaking of cars, I fixed mine. You guys heard that. I came into the studio because my car died. I replaced the battery, all with the help of a friend. It was a battery, yep, no triple A, no nothing.
Speaker 2: We couldn't get the car towed, so we just had to get in there and fix it ourselves.
Speaker 1: Did you learn how to do it for next time? Yes?
Speaker 3: Yeah, now I know everything.
Speaker 1: I have all the tools that I need.
Speaker 3: We are all set if a battery dies again.
Speaker 1: All right, let's do more. Hey, Raymond, do any chance you have big news? Of course, speaking of vehicles, I went to the DMV.
Speaker 6: This has been something that's been in the work since the pandemic twenty twenty Everybody needs to get a real ID. I heard the US government allowed us to do it until twenty twenty five. The deadline is in May. My wife has been nagging me for five years. I was almost not able to travel throughout the United States. I got my real ID. Guys, I can board a commercial flight at so annoyingly big news. I'm sure there's a reason. Good for you, hey, big news for you, but it makes me feel I have to go. We have to do it, and then we're gonna wait till last minute. The everybody's going to be trying to do it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so this is the warning you don't don't wait till the last night.
Speaker 6: I forget soon segment's over. But still, that's good for you. Ray, all right, well, good, good job everybody. Amy's going away with her husband. Lunchbucks can bump by a dude, sorry x husband. Morgan knows how to do a battery. Eddie paid off in the car. We're not dying of an asteroid.
Speaker 1: That's a great news overall, massive stuff there. Okay, it's the best bits of the week with Morgan number two.
Speaker 3: That's it for me this weekend. Everybody, Thank you for joining me. Catching up on the show. I hope you enjoyed it.
Speaker 2: I really encourage you to check out Part one, Part three. Maybe if you haven't listened for a while you need a break from different kinds of podcasts.
Speaker 1: We just catch up.
Speaker 3: It's all new content. Mike d is joining me this weekend, and we talked a little bit about our lives. We also talked about some.
Speaker 2: Fun things like moments in movies or TV shows that have either traumatized us or made us believe in something that wasn't actually true.
Speaker 3: And then also he has a huge update on his braces.
Speaker 2: So all of that over Part one, Part three, and you can check out my podcast if you want to take this personally. I love having fun guests on all across the board. I think there is something for everybody in at least one of the episodes.
Speaker 3: All right, everybody, I'll see you later. Have a great weekend, Stay safe.
Speaker 1: That's the best bits of the week with Morgan. Thanks for listening. Be sure to check out the other two parts this weekend. Go follow the show on all social platforms and follow at web girl Morgan to submit your listener questions for next week's episode.