Speaker 1: Hey everybody, it's Lyle. Just a reminder that I am going on tour to do therapy Gecko live in several cities across the United States, and I would love to see you there. I will be interviewing random folks from the audience up on stage and absolutely anything could happen. It will be very fun, very terrifying, and very geko wee. You can find the link to get tickets in your city in the episode description. Okay, let's get into the podcast. Hello. Hey, what's your name?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: It says here you're anonymous.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you can call me Snoopy.
Speaker 1: Okay, I like that. Why Snoopy? What is there a? It's like something behind that.
Speaker 3: It's my dog's name.
Speaker 1: Okay, So Snoopy, what's going on with you?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, I've been on probation for about eight years now and I'm about to get off in one week.
Speaker 1: You've been on probation for eight years? You said.
Speaker 3: Eight years?
Speaker 1: Yeah, what is probation?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 1: What are the ground rules of probation?
Speaker 3: Well, I live in a.
Speaker 2: Small town, so it's like, well, first of all, ground rules is no doing pot, no smoking wheat at all, no drinking.
Speaker 3: You gotta go to a meeting.
Speaker 2: It's a pain in the ass.
Speaker 1: Okay, So you mentioned you live in a small town.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and so like a couple of different times, people have like reported me from my probation officer just for like you know, going to the bar hanging with people.
Speaker 3: Which is obviously breaking rules.
Speaker 1: But you know, interesting around the town have reported you to your probation officer for breaking the rules. Yes, why do you think they do all the town? What do you believe is in it for them to report you?
Speaker 3: Good question, but it's happened multiple times. You know. It's like people out trying to ruin lives.
Speaker 1: Maybe, So can I ask why you were on probation?
Speaker 5: Yeah, like eight years ago, I got caught selling just good drugs I would say ecstasy and acid and mushrooms.
Speaker 2: And so the cops bus in my house and I had like ten pounds a weeed, like forty thousand dollars cash and and some ecstasy and mushrooms.
Speaker 3: And and then I got put on probation.
Speaker 2: I went into jail for about seven months, and then and then I got onto ankle water.
Speaker 3: Which was a breeze everyone should do it.
Speaker 2: And then and then served the time on probation. And then I had another charge, well, still on probation, of ordering drugs off the dark web, but this time I thought that they were legal drugs.
Speaker 1: You thought that you were ordering legal drugs off of the dark way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the hand of God right now.
Speaker 2: I thought that what I was ordering was legal because it was like a research chemical.
Speaker 1: But snoopy, If it was legal, why would they be selling it on the dark web?
Speaker 3: Well it was. It was on the gray web.
Speaker 2: So I basically like emailed a guy from China and he.
Speaker 3: Sent me something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I paid for it was a bitcoin.
Speaker 1: But yeah, and you were caught. And then how did that manifest in more charges that just extend your career?
Speaker 6: Exactly?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, another two years which I served on ankle monitor and then extended out my probation even longer. But in one week I am about to get off. I have just intense anxiety, you know. It's more of like this intending doom thing, like the whole world's about to.
Speaker 3: Collapse on me.
Speaker 1: So you were on the ankle monitor for two years? Yeah, what were you? And and with the ankle monitor, were you just not allowed to leave the house?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Exactly.
Speaker 2: I had four hours a week of.
Speaker 3: Free time, which I think is honestly too low.
Speaker 2: You know, it's like, uh, you know a lot of people go outside, and that's very curing of their addiction, I would say, And I'm big into disc golfing, and and I only had four hours a week to get like shopping done and maybe go on a walk.
Speaker 1: You know, what kinds of things would you do to bide your time if you couldn't go outside?
Speaker 3: Just Xbox.
Speaker 2: Destiny computer games, throw the ball in.
Speaker 3: The yard for my dogs.
Speaker 1: Can you tell me more about this anxiety and impending doom that you're feeling as a result of your approbation being over. I would, I would. I would think that that would be a positive thing that you're looking forward to. And I'm curious, why are you feeling it?
Speaker 7: Is?
Speaker 2: I just maybe that's the anxiety causing it, Is that I'm just thinking that something bad is going to happen, you know, even though I'm not doing anything wrong that you know, I guess it's just a big thing after not being able to do anything after so long and then suddenly you know, you don't have probation officers that can suddenly stop at your house or I can go out to the bar and get a drink. I can go to the dispensary and buy weed. You know, it's just a big difference in my life.
Speaker 1: So where is the anxiety coming from? What you said? You said that you're afraid of what bad things could happen. Do you have any examples of specific bad things that you're afraid might happen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, actually it's uh, my wife she smokes weed and she drinks, and so I'm in this kind of predicament where if they were to stop buy right now, I like I would get in.
Speaker 3: Trouble just by proxy. I believe.
Speaker 2: You know, there's alcohol in the house, there's weed in the house. I'm not doing it, but he is. But then here I will be doing it, you know. So it's like I'm in this tough position where it's like I can't really.
Speaker 1: So wait a minute, So so is your So I mean what you just described is an anxiety over potentially being caught while still on probation. Is that what you're Are you anxious in this time period right now? Or I'm trying to proverb about, like you know, what is it that you're anxious about that you think might happen that could go wrong once you are free from probation.
Speaker 2: More it's just the fear of unknown, i'd say. I mean, since I've been on probation and I've gotten married, We've gotten multiple animals together, you know, life is good. But it's just kind of, yeah, just something.
Speaker 1: I haven't experienced for a very long time, you.
Speaker 8: Know, so.
Speaker 3: Twenty one, you know, and I'm almost thirty.
Speaker 1: So is it more so, let me take a stab at it. Is it? Just like you have your life is pretty small and you know, literally being lived within this finite circle for the past eight years, and it's comfortable. You're used to it. It sounds like it's you know, been nice. You have your wife, you have your animals, you have your house. Things seem like they've been okay for you from what I've you know, gathered from the way you're talking about it. And now all of a sudden, that comfortable circle is opening up to a wide, expansive see of the infinite, and the size of that infinite is giving you anxiety. Yes, definitely, Okay. Is there anything over these past eight years that you have really wanted to do that you could not do because of your probation that you are now to do.
Speaker 3: There was a vacation, you know.
Speaker 2: I couldn't leave town for a very long time, but I just did that. I just got married and went on my honeymoon.
Speaker 4: And.
Speaker 3: That was a possibility.
Speaker 2: I mean, I couldn't smoke, I couldn't drink on my.
Speaker 3: Honeymoon, you know, so that was fun.
Speaker 6: But still it was a vacation, you know, man, I think it.
Speaker 1: I think it. First. I was struggling to understand where you were coming from, but I actually kind of get it now. I'm thinking back to the pandemic, where all the opportunity costs of the world disappeared, and for once, things of you know, for some people. Everyone kind of handled it differently and has different philosophies on how they want to live life. But for once, the smaller your world is, the more manageable it is. And there's something nice to that. And I remember feeling like all of the anxieties of oh I could do anything of that big, unknowable ocean of the universe for the first time ever disappeared not just for me but for everyone, and there was a weirdly comfortable thing to it that I'm kind of keying into. With your situation, and well, let me ask you, Well, let me ask you this. You're saying change? Why why if you have everything you need at home, why does there even need to be any change?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 2: I do like smoking weed.
Speaker 4: You know, Okay, who.
Speaker 2: Doesn't say, Well, a lot of people, but you know.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean okay, Well, so I mean listen, if you want to smoke weed and you know you're you know that it's not going to fuck you up in any kind of negative way, then go smoke weed. But I mean we're talking about your anxiety over your world opening up? Yeah, are you anxious about is it? Let me ask you, is there any part of you that's anxious about any negative? So you haven't smoked weed in eight years? Is that correct?
Speaker 3: Well, through a loophole in.
Speaker 2: My probation, I tried to get a medical card, and so this last Christmas I was allowed to smoke for one week and then and then they canceled it and said it wasn't a good enough reason, and so I had one week of smoking weed.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm going to assume that over these past eight years you have had little pockets of pieces where you have, you know, however legally or not smoked weed. Or gotten drunk. But in the past eight years it more or less has not been you know, I guess legal by your terms. Yeah, right, So a constant thing. And so is there is any part of you wanted to do Is any part of you anxious about any negative effects that reintroducing a consistent stream of weed, smoking and alcohol drinking back into your life might have.
Speaker 2: Well, I would hope I wouldn't have a constant shame of alcohol.
Speaker 3: I don't. I don't think alcohol is the best for you, okay or me? Yeah, But.
Speaker 1: I mean.
Speaker 3: I would say it's just anxiety in general.
Speaker 2: You know, it's like, what what if I go back to jail? What if I get back on probation for some something stupid?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 1: Okay, do you have any plans or let's not even talk about plans, but desires, thoughts, intrusive thoughts, temptations to do anything that might land you back in the situation like that. No, I'm glad to hear that. I'm glad to hear that.
Speaker 2: Intrusive thoughts maybe maybe in true.
Speaker 1: Oh we all got those.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I.
Speaker 2: Think I think that after eight years kind of you know, I'm sick of being under the government's thump.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmm mm hmm.
Speaker 2: But I feel I feel my best interest.
Speaker 1: I feel where your anxiety is coming from. And I also feel like you'll you'll adjust to your freedom after a little bit of time, and it won't be as scary for you. Uh once once sometimes pasted.
Speaker 2: Yeah, definitely, well, it says he you definitely made me feel a little better better.
Speaker 1: Okay, good good. I'm glad to hear that. I'm glad that this uh was something.
Speaker 3: Something.
Speaker 1: I'm glad to hear that you also were able to build a b A A a A a good life for yourself while on probation. Yeah, it sounds like you've got a good thing going.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's definitely taught me to to not fuck up, i'd say, and not have to deal with the police.
Speaker 1: But yeah, you were about to say that I should do something.
Speaker 3: You should come to Alaska on your tour.
Speaker 1: Okay, So I saw here it says Anonymous twenty nine is from Alaska. I saw that you're from Alaska. I don't want to dox you, but I really I really want to go to Anchorage find some I don't know how many people that listen to this are in the fucking Alaska.
Speaker 3: Well I'm not from Anchorage. You shouldn't do that.
Speaker 1: I shouldn't do Anchorage. I feel like if I'm going anywhere, I'm gonna go to Anchorage. And you know what, with your new found anywhere, where.
Speaker 5: Do you think?
Speaker 1: Where do you think I should go?
Speaker 2: That's the most popular city. Yeah, there's a couple of different cities.
Speaker 1: Well here I'll go to I'll go to Anchorage, and then you, with your new found freedom should come I we'll talk.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, or I just for a bit and find a live.
Speaker 1: Show you're doing, Snooper or anything else you want to say to the people of the computer before you go. I love you, I love you too.
Speaker 3: Have a good one.
Speaker 1: I like that guy. He had an interesting dilemma. He had an interesting dilemma that I like. I said to him. I didn't understand it first, and then I kind of got it because I was relating it to my own experience with the pandemic. And there's a weird I guess, paralysis of choice, where if you are are limited to a certain area that you can exist in certain finite actions you can take. There's a almost a comfort in it that I think Snoopy was reeling in for the past eight years. And it's really bizarre because, yes, the world is opening back up for him now his privation is open. But just because the world has opened up, he doesn't have to do anything he could if he wanted to continue to enjoy his comfort live exactly the same way he's been living for the past eight years. There is no law saying that he has to travel anywhere or do anything outside of his bubble. But it's it's fascinating to me, just from like some objective standpoint that just the knowledge that the world is opening up, even though he's not being forced to leave his comfort zone, just the fact that the option exists is giving him anxiety. I find that interesting. I've kind of, like I said, I connected with that a lot with the pandemic. You know, the idea that you can do anything is both beautiful and weirdly paralyzing. Hello, how's it going.
Speaker 8: Pretty good? How are you?
Speaker 1: I am? Okay, I'm a gecko on the computer. Crazy times we're living in where you can just do that. Very What are you? What are you up to? What's going on in your.
Speaker 8: Life right now? I'm just sitting in bed with my cat.
Speaker 1: But I don't know.
Speaker 8: I didn't think I was gonna get on here.
Speaker 7: I'm kind of nervous.
Speaker 1: No, don't be look I and everyone. I was saying this a lot during the live shows. Everyone is kind of gets nervous when they first get on, and then after like two minutes you'll be like, oh, I'm just on the phone with a person hanging out, So don't worry about that'll that'll go away eventually. But what's honest, is there anything in particularly called in to talk about.
Speaker 8: I was trying to think about something, you know, when I was calling. There's like one thing that stood out. I know you can like see what it is, but it's given me a lot of anxiety, and I haven't really talked to anyone about it.
Speaker 1: So, uh, do you do you want to talk about it?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: That's fine, Okay, I mean listen, you know, you only if you want to talk about it.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean I don't. I don't. I think that's fine. I don't think no one's listening anyway, no one that I know, And even if they are, I mean, it'll come out eventually. So yeah, I'll just say I'm pregnant, not that any of you guys care but like, you know, obviously that's something crazy in my life.
Speaker 1: So do people in your life not know that you are pregnant?
Speaker 8: Only only the dad and it's really early?
Speaker 1: So mm hmm, are is there a Is there a reason why? And by the way, know that you're you know, I haven't talked about this with anyone. So look, if I ask you any questions about anything that you you know, don't want to answer, don't don't uh feel like you have to. Is there is there a reason why you haven't told anyone?
Speaker 8: I guess I'm I'm kind of nervous. I mean, I'm twenty five. It's not like I'm like a kid. But I guess, well, the relationship is kind of new and everything's great, and like I know, this is something I've wanted, you know, I've always wanted to be a mom, But like when it happens, it's kind of it kind of hits a lot different.
Speaker 1: In what way is it hitting you different?
Speaker 8: I guess just like not knowing. If I guess everyone if they're in that situation that doesn't know if they're gonna be able to handle it or not. Mm hmmm, Uh, I don't know. I guess just like if I'm making the right decisions.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmmm, is it is it? Is it a decision that you have thought a lot about? Yeah, okay, can I hear about kind of the thought processes and you know, the what the bouncing of thoughts back and forth has been.
Speaker 8: Well, it's like I don't have like a you know, great career or something something like that. Like I'm in a relationship with the father and he's he's a lot more you know, stable, and like I guess, you know, we wouldn't I wouldn't have to worry about like things being handled or taken care of. You know, we could, we would be able to handle it. But like like I said, since it's a newish relationship, I just kind of want to obviously make sure that like if and you never know if a relationship is going to work out, whether you're like married or whatever. But I guess, just like thinking in my head if I can, if I'd be willing to do that alone if it ever came to that, you know, not that I don't think I have. I don't have any reason to think about that.
Speaker 1: But how long have you been in a relationship with with the father?
Speaker 8: Less than a year?
Speaker 1: Okay? Okay, And is is he excited about the pregnancy as well?
Speaker 8: Yeah, like he's been. He's been really supportive and hasn't you know, every time we've talked about it or I guess I've asked what he thinks. He hasn't hasn't suggested that I get an abortion, or you know, is supportive like say like let's do it or whatever. But it's just scary, I guess.
Speaker 1: And you said to me that this is something that you have always known that you wanted to do. Yeah, okay, okay, you know I feel like the feelings that you have where you know, first of all, I'm glad to hear that there's something you want, you know, it's not something that you're feeling like you're being pressured into. It's it's not, you know, something where you know. I'm glad to hear that the father is also has you know, is on the same page as you are with everything. Those are those are are great things to not have be hurdles in all of this. And you know, I mean, you know what you want, you made the decision to go for it, and then you're dealing with these feelings of am I gonna be able to handle it, and I get the feeling. I'm not a mom, I don't have kids, but my mom has kids. And I get the feeling that your feelings of not knowing whether or not to handle it are about as normal as they could possibly be in this situation. It has to be something that I'm sure everybody who is about to have a kid feels and eventually deals with and overcomes. And I think that you sound like, again, you're going into this for the right reason, which is that you want to. And I think that even though it'll be challenging, I think that will overcome those challenges.
Speaker 8: Yeah, thank you. I guess it's kind of also just feeling like I haven't done enough, you know, like like thinking you would have done more by that point, like bringing a kid into the world. You know, I want to have like things to show and like be proud of.
Speaker 1: Kind of can I can?
Speaker 8: I ask what time I'm getting emotional?
Speaker 1: No, it's okay, it's okay. And by the way, you know, like I keep telling you, you know, I only want you to have this conversation if you feel like you know you want to and everything. I know it's something you haven't talked about before.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I guess that's why because I haven't talked to anyone about it.
Speaker 1: So can I ask you this? You said that there are things that you felt like you wanted to do or have to show forth. What can I hear some of those things an example?
Speaker 8: I really don't know. That's why it sucks, Like I guess that's the only reason I'm doubting things is because I don't have like get anything figured out yet.
Speaker 1: You know, m hm, Well, I mean, if to me, if you don't have clear examples of, Oh, I want to accomplish X thing, but I don't think I can do it if I have a baby, then if we don't even know what X thing is, then how can we jump to the conclusion that you can't do it while also having a kid?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 1: So I mean, I you know, I mean, if I gave you a second to think about it, are there are there things that that you really can think of that you want to do that you're afraid you might not be able to do? And maybe if we talk about it a little bit, we can realize that maybe maybe we really can do those things.
Speaker 8: I I don't know, I haven't I still haven't been able to find some uh, I guess career path or like figure out exactly what I want to do. I know I want to help people. I'm not great at the like uh, I mean, I can do a nine to five, you know, anyone can. But it's not it's not like what I'm drawn too. I really, I really it's I feel like it sounds so stupid, but I always wanted to be a mom, so like that's kind of.
Speaker 4: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 8: I feel like everything else was like as as long as I was able to like provide or like give a good life, like that's what I wanted. But I don't know. No, I don't know any I don't know any like concrete things that I would like to accomplish.
Speaker 1: Really, if what you're saying is is true, it sounds like you're doing the thing that you want to do. Yeah, you know, I understand why there's a lot of fear that having a kid can be limiting. But also, I mean, you're very young, and I feel like anything that you would want to do, there's a lot of time for you to do it, and you're doing a thing that you've always wanted to do. So you know, you're sitting here and you can't think of anything concrete aside from being a mom that you want to do and you're doing the thing that you want to do, and I, you know, I think that's that's great. And I think there's lots of people out there who have kids that later in life, maybe five years from now, when you're thirty and the kid is five, you are like, oh, I want to fucking paint stuff, and you find a way to finagle that into your life or any other things that you would want to do, you know. I I I feel like this idea of limitations that you're setting doesn't have a concrete basis, and so I wouldn't I wouldn't be so afraid of it.
Speaker 7: Okay, I get that.
Speaker 1: I mean you could tell you could tell me if you if you don't agree, or if you think otherwise, or if you have any other no of this, you know.
Speaker 8: I guess I just feel like, you know, obviously, it depends on like how the future goes with like you know, my relationship or the structure of it, or however we work that out. But like, hm, I don't, I don't know. I guess people, I guess I'm worried about people judging too for like people kind of judge or like, my family will support me and everything, but it's also like I think they'll think that stuff too. M h.
Speaker 4: H.
Speaker 1: I I hope that you understand, at least from where you know, from where I from where I see it, from what you've told me, you're making a decision in the direction of what you want out of life. Yeah, And I hope that you understand that, and I hope that you feel confident in that, and I hope that your confidence in that supersedes any of your friends or family's judgments on your decisions, because I really feel like it should.
Speaker 7: Thank you are.
Speaker 8: How do you know, you know, but here you are. I feel good. I just I I've felt excited, you know the whole time.
Speaker 4: I just.
Speaker 8: Been on the fence, like you know, should I have time, like I have time to make a decision, you know, or like to think about my options. So I guess I was just kind of doing that. But I I know, like what you're saying, it is right if that's kind of what I have wanted, and you know I'm able.
Speaker 7: To to do that in the right situation. M Oh yeah, that's basically it.
Speaker 1: Brianna. Is there anything else that you you want to say, or any aspect of this that that you feel like we didn't cover that you want to talk about before we go.
Speaker 8: No. I also, okay, somebody's probably I have a question. Somebody's probably asked this before.
Speaker 4: Sure, stupid.
Speaker 8: How how often do you wash the GAT suit?
Speaker 1: I have probably bought more. This is embarrassing to say, but I have bought more GaX suits than I have washed GAK suits. That is a testament to my laziness.
Speaker 8: So do you have like different ones? You just toss them out when you're done.
Speaker 1: Some of the they get like tattered and destroyed and lost.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that one, that one. Everyone was worried about your jewels coming out on that one.
Speaker 1: Keep your like, oh yeah there's a big Yeah, there's a big fucking hole in my pants right now. So this one will probably be thrown together to the to the to the to the wolves. You know, I don't think I don't I don't think I could sell this suit in good conscious. Uh maybe, man, maybe I'll do like a fucking charity thing or something like that.
Speaker 8: But yes, at one of your life.
Speaker 1: That could be oh man, like, actually could be a good idea to do it at a live Okay, I'll think about that helped me out here, Brianna. I appreciate this, Brianna. I just want to say, I know that you came and you you and this is honestly, like been my favorite part of doing this ship is. I know that you came into this like feeling nervous and unsure if you wanted to share anything. And uh, I just want to say, I really appreciate you sharing all that stuff. I know it was a tough thing. I'm proud of you for making decisions in life that are difficult but that you know are the right ones to make for you and your happiness and what you want to do. I hope that you don't feel limited. I hope that you feel quite the opposite as you should, feel empowered, feel infinite to do whatever it is you want. And I I wish you good luck in the future.
Speaker 7: Man, Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: So have a good night you as well, Brianna. Ye oh you know what, Okay, I'm gonna come out with this. I'm gonna come out with this. I I contradicted myself in that phone call. I really did. I contradicted myself because I've said and and and Actually I liked that. I liked that phone call because it kind of made me have to face something that I've said a lot. I have said a lot on this podcast that the the only irreversible things you could do to change your life is have is get arrested, or have a kid. And I had to face that one now because I was telling her that she should feel as though life is infinite and not super limited, and and what going into that conversation, and I was really thinking about it the whole time I was thinking. I was thinking about like I was thinking about my parents and you know, the lives that they live, thinking about other people I've talked to on this podcast that our parents people you know I've seen in media people. I know that our parents and they do stuff, they really do. I feel like I kind of ate my words at that conversation because I was thinking about and they do do stuff, they do fine time in their lives to do things that they want to do. And especially Brionna, because Briann I was so young that like her life could could run a billion different ways. She could have the kid and then be like, you know what I actually wants to be fucking I'm trying to think of anything here. I used painting is an example. I want to start a podcast about the Sopranos. And I bet she could find some time after she puts the kid to bed to record her Sopranos episodes and do her thing, just any, just anything, really, And I really do believe that. I do believe that there's enough room in a life to accomplish many things. And it sounded to me like the forefront thing in her mind that she wanted to accomplish was to be a mother, and so I'm really glad that she's going after that accomplishment. And then you know, on top of that, there is another thing I talk about in the podcast all the time, is she had this general idea of what she wanted to do, which was to help people. Fantastic, beautiful, amazing, start with the kid, helpless, shit out of the kid, and then eventually the kid will will will will slowly over over the years, because as much as we think life is short, life is pretty long. Become self sufficient and give her some time to help other people in whatever way she wants to. If she wants to get involved in volunteer work, if she wants to start some business, if she wants to give a guy on a street five dollars. Whatever her fucking way is of helping people. I think she'll be able to do that, and I think that she'll be able to live a nice and happy life. And I'm excited for her, and I hope that she internalizes all that and really feels it, because I do believe it beautiful. Next call, Hello, Hello, is this Christian?
Speaker 6: Yeah? It's way, am I You're at.
Speaker 1: You said that just now? Like, did I annoy you? I have? Did I apologize if I did? You seemed you seemed a little bit annoyed. It's okay, I'm not coming at you. I just want to know how you're feeling. Hello, Hey, can you hear me?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I could hear you? Am I in Yeah? Oh shit? Okay, No, No, you didn't annoy me?
Speaker 1: Okay, Well I you said hello in like a kind of an annoyed way, and I just wanted to make sure I'm not offended. If I annoyed you, I can handle.
Speaker 6: Hello with a question mark. No, that was like a hello with a question mark.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: What is your name again?
Speaker 6: My name is Christian?
Speaker 1: Christian? What's going on with you?
Speaker 6: Christian, Oh, not not much. Just here, you know, I mean, I'm pretty I'm kind of stoned.
Speaker 1: Okay, how stone is kind of stone? Like on a scale from one to ten.
Speaker 6: Oh fuck, i'd say a good solid like twelve.
Speaker 1: You're a that's not kind of stoned, that's extremely.
Speaker 6: Kind of sort of.
Speaker 1: Okay. I'm gonna just you know, I'm not even I'm not gonna trust. I'm not going to trust your first hand experience. But judging by your actions and words over the course of this phone call, you sound like you're at an eight.
Speaker 6: At an eight, okay, I mean that's that sounds plausible.
Speaker 1: Christian, What's what's up with you? Man? Is there a thing that you called in to want to talk about today?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 6: Yes, I actually harass my wife with a turtle puppet, like outside in public.
Speaker 1: You harass your wife with a turtle puppet outside in public?
Speaker 6: Yes, I pretty much like make like very awkward moaning noises to her like here, and it's the funniest thing, Like her reaction is the most funniest thing.
Speaker 1: Do you bring the turtle puppet around with you everywhere?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Like literally everywhere?
Speaker 1: How did you start doing this?
Speaker 4: Basically?
Speaker 6: What happened was we were at Barnes and Noble and we were in the kids section because she, I mean she was pregnant at the time, and I just saw this turtle puppet. He pretty much looked like he looked retardedly like cute. Can I say that?
Speaker 1: Well you already did, okay.
Speaker 6: I'm so sorry, And I just pretty much grabbed it and just started like making a very awkward noises like to her ear. And yeah, it was pretty much. It was pretty funny because like a bunch of kids just kind of like looked at me while was making like these noises.
Speaker 1: Okay, and so you you were trying out the puppet, and then what made you decide to buy it?
Speaker 6: Well, oh, dude, like her reaction pretty much, I literally spent forty.
Speaker 3: Dollars on this puppet.
Speaker 1: Okay. And how long have you been doing this?
Speaker 6: Hm, I would say about six months? Six months already.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you do this, You've been doing it for six months? And you say you've been doing it every single time you guys go out in public.
Speaker 6: Almost every time. Sometimes she like kind of asked me to leave the puppet in the car, which I kind of understand.
Speaker 2: You know, are you.
Speaker 1: Is your wife at home with you right now? Yes?
Speaker 4: She is?
Speaker 1: Actually, can I talk to her?
Speaker 6: Hey?
Speaker 4: Baby, it's Lyle.
Speaker 6: He wants to talk to you. Yeah, about the puppet here.
Speaker 9: This is not the way I wanted to meet Therapy got go Hello, Hi, what is your name? I'm CALLI.
Speaker 1: I'm Christian, Callie. It's nice to meet you. So, okay. We got a perspective from Christian on this puppet situation, and I was kind of wondering what your thoughts are on it, because if I were married to him, I would have gotten a divorce around at about maybe I don't know what your guys like, how long you were dating before, but I would have divorced him at about a month of the puppet.
Speaker 9: The thought cost my mind.
Speaker 7: No, I don't.
Speaker 9: He's just weird. I don't know. It was just something that happened and he just kept doing it because people thought it was funny.
Speaker 1: So does he do other things like this? Or is this the first kind of prank that he has pulled on you?
Speaker 9: I think that's pretty much. This is pretty much the only prank he's done.
Speaker 1: Yeah, is does he do other things to annoy you or just the puppets?
Speaker 9: Well? When you're married. Yeah, but I know, just just that one thing.
Speaker 1: Really, h What is it about Christian that made you want to get married to him? I don't know.
Speaker 9: We just like we were hanging out and we just kind of clicked and never really left each other.
Speaker 1: Is is there anything that you've done to enact any kind of revenge against Christian for the puppet? Nonsense?
Speaker 9: Things are in the works, not really, because I've been pregnant so I couldn't. Really, I haven't really been able to do anything, so not yet. But if you have any ideas, I'm all here.
Speaker 1: I would say you could get your own puppet, but I don't think that would work because Christian sounds like he like he likes puppets.
Speaker 9: Yeah, you got me there.
Speaker 1: Now what would now? What would Christian have to do to make you leave him?
Speaker 9: Honestly, the only thing he could do is probably like cheat on me, and that would be the end.
Speaker 1: What if he cheated on you but he used the puppet and then claims that the puppet was cheating and not him.
Speaker 9: That's probably grounds for divorce too.
Speaker 1: Even if it was the puppets.
Speaker 9: Probably that I'm sorry, not not my thing.
Speaker 1: Hmm, Well, something tells me that that you're not going to have to worry about that.
Speaker 9: No at all. This is your name again, the Cally Kelly.
Speaker 1: Mm. How did you guys meet?
Speaker 9: So it's a long story. So I actually Christian stopped no, So that happened like a couple months into us being married. So how so he knew some of the same people I knew, but we actually never met. We were pretty much like he was with one girl and I was actually hanging out with her ex. And then we never knew each other until two years ago, and then we were like, what the fuck. I don't know if I can curse on your podcast, but we were like, what the hell? Like, we've never like, we were pretty much in between people and we just never met.
Speaker 1: Well, I find it very beautiful because it it takes a lot of searching for a puppet guy to find a lady who does not mind the puppets, and so I'm very happy for both of you. Oh, thank you, Kelly. Is there anything else that you want to say to the people of the computer before.
Speaker 9: We go, No, just thanks for having me, I guess.
Speaker 1: Of course it has been very cool and interesting for me as well. I still can't get over, and I was gonna save this for my post call thoughts. But it's not the fact that he occasionally bothers you with the puppet. It's a fact that he doesn't occasionally bother you with the puppet, that he bothers you with the puppet every single day.
Speaker 9: And he did it for the entire time I was pregnant.
Speaker 1: Are you sure there's not something going on underneath him?
Speaker 9: Yeah, I'm sure.
Speaker 1: Okay, you know him better than I do, so I trust you. Thank you for calling Kelly.
Speaker 9: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Every single day. I see, I wouldn't be surprised if at one point he just stops talking at all, and then she just finds herself married to the puppets.
Speaker 4: Hello, Hello, Hi, Hey something man, I was just on your stream.
Speaker 1: What's uh? What's your name? Boss?
Speaker 4: My name is Nathan.
Speaker 1: Your name is Mason, Nathan Nathan. Oh, it says you'r Mason.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think I think got it a little missed up.
Speaker 1: Well, it's I mean, it sounds like it's Nathan. I mean no, it sounds like it could be Mason. There's a thun.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I have a friend named Mason. I'm actually I'm eating right now, and I got a potato almost stuck in my throat. I almost choked.
Speaker 1: Really, what were you thinking while you were while you were almost choking and dying?
Speaker 4: Get some water, because that's what I have right now in my position.
Speaker 1: So, Mason, Mason, I'm gonna just I'm gonna kind of alternate between Mason and Nathan because I don't remember names and I don't care anymore, because I just I can't do it. I've tried. I just Mason and Nathan are the same name essentially. But I am talking to you right now. I'm on the phone with you, and me knowing your name is not that important, and I don't care if that sounded me. That's it's because it's true.
Speaker 4: I don't know that. That's why I love you, Lyle. I love you so much.
Speaker 1: Mason, tell me why you called in today, if there was a reason.
Speaker 2: Even so.
Speaker 4: My kind of like soul basis so I kind of just I just wanted to talk to you, basically. But what I really wanted to, like say, was time. That's why I told the greener. I was talking about time and the concept of time and how we're tracked in this reality of time is inevitable, right, But what if time didn't exist, Everything's still went the same, but time was irrelevant.
Speaker 1: Mace, Are you high right now? Mm hmm, I'm not okay, okay, I'm just thinking about time. What if time didn't exist? What time is it for you? Right now? Where you live? It's nine five, nine forty five. Tell me, Mason, what does nine forty five even mean?
Speaker 4: Exactly exactly? You're proving my point, right.
Speaker 1: I'm proving your point right. What is nine forty five even more? Tell me? Tell me what what does nine forty five mean to you? Mason? I want to know.
Speaker 4: So what it means to me? So time time is inevitably restricted, right, So nine forty five to me means, you know it's that late, right, like, oh, it's this time. It's pretty late. You know, it's nine forty five, not that late, but it's kind of getting there. But like what I was saying, what if that didn't even matter?
Speaker 8: You know?
Speaker 1: Mm hmmm. So you're you're you're trying to live in a world where the time does not matter. Where nine five? I mean, let's see nine forty five. It's nighttime. What are things that people don't typically do in the nighttime? They typically don't eat pancakes, and you could go downstairs make yourself some in a rebellion against the clock. But what else don't people do at night? They don't what to give me some stuff? What?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 1: What? What are some things that you would do right now? At certain times you wouldn't do it other times?
Speaker 4: Get ready, like get really dressed up, you know you, I mean only if you're going to a party, but like at a casual, you know, Friday night, and then you're just gonna go to the store. You know, on a Friday night, you don't get you don't get dressed to go to the store.
Speaker 1: Right No, No, if you really wanted to, you could right now get dressed up in a suit and go to this store. Mason, I have another question for you. It says here that you claim you've been getting bullied a lot and you don't know what to do.
Speaker 4: Okay, let's get into this.
Speaker 1: What tell tell me? Tell me about this because we could argue about time forever, but I you know here I could talk about time with anyone, but I can only talk about your life experience with you. So what's what's what's going on?
Speaker 4: So? I mean, there's just these little hooligans, you know, a little messing with me. And what I told the screener is, you know, I don't I don't really care. You know, I don't really care that they're gonna mess with me. I don't know how to deal with all that, right, you know, it's easy, but it's to the point where it's annoying.
Speaker 1: What are these people doing to you? Exactly?
Speaker 4: So, like I told him already, you know, it's like back off when alone. I don't like you, like I really don't like you. I don't care if you'll beat me up.
Speaker 1: Well, Mason, tell me what what are what types of things specifically are they doing to you?
Speaker 4: So they're like, I feel like calling me all these names they always say, uh so it's kind of a bit of a little bit racist because I'm Mexican, right they always say, and I'm half an American but they don't know that. But they always been calling me like beanner, you know, all this racial mumbo jumble or whatever it's And it's like and it's not to the point where it's just names. It's like physical sometimes you know, push me, knock me on the head, you know, I guess annoying mm hmmm.
Speaker 1: What have you been doing lately in response to all of this?
Speaker 4: So, like I said, I don't really have I mean, I have a solution, but it's not the right solution.
Speaker 1: Okay, tell me what you have as the solution that you believe is not the right solution.
Speaker 4: I think because you don't like I think I would want to fight them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, so you're you're considering physically fighting them back.
Speaker 4: Yes, but I know that's a wrong option. But you know, if they're pushing me, playing a hands on me, or whatever, I can to have a reason to.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmm. You know, this is tough. I'm trying to think of, you know, trying to think of what I would say if you were my son, Mason. Mhm uh. You know, look, I believe that cosmically right, Mason. You live your life trying to do the best that you can, trying to be nice to people. I know that you don't deserve any of the things that people are saying to you or doing to you physically, and I hope, I hope that you are taking solace in that that you know that the most important thing is that you are living in a way that is in line with how you feel you shouldn't know who are you? Who you're talking to? Is that your real dad? Yes, let's ye up to.
Speaker 4: He just told me a digg a shower.
Speaker 1: Have you talked to him about this? Uh?
Speaker 9: I do?
Speaker 1: Yeah? What say?
Speaker 4: He just said? Don't don't listen to him?
Speaker 1: I think that's smart. I don't think. I don't think you should fight these guys, you know, because I I this is some weird hippie bullshit, But I do believe it it takes more strength to not fight than to fight, right, because that's you. It's you overpowering your urges to do what you believe is correct. And you said it yourself that you know that that's not the right answer for you, and so I think when you're evaluating yourself again, that that it that it takes more strength not to fight, too and for you to control your emotions in such a way that allows you to act how you believe is the right way to. And I hope that's what you do, yees, Because again, Cosm, I don't believe that there's any kind of a charmatic spirit that necessarily enforces this, but I do think that you know, the people who are bullying you will eventually grow up and recognize the error of their ways and repent in however way they do, and that things will work out for you as well, And that only really can trouble come from you giving into them, because that's the real thing, right If these if these people, you know, these people can call you names, they can push you around, whatever, But as long as you are not allowing yourself to be emotionally rattled or have your actions dictated by what they're telling you, then they don't have power over you. It's when you compromise your values by fighting back against them is when they have won because they got to. But it doesn't sound like they did. And I'm glad to hear that. Yeah, what's up?
Speaker 4: What's your what's your favorite bands? Do you have any favorite bands?
Speaker 1: Oh? Band like music bands?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 1: Uh no, I don't really listen to music. Oh cool, Nathan, Is there anything else you want to say to the people of the computer before we go?
Speaker 4: Listen to listen to Lyol on Spotify and important. Exactly. Man, he's the most beautiful man in existence. He deserves to be a praise. Yeah, and that's it.
Speaker 1: Hey, thank you for calling Nathan. Yeah, that was that was an interesting one. I'm always you know, I'm always open to being wrong about that kind of stuff. I know that some people have the different opinions or or you know, have different experiences with dealing with being antagonized. And I don't think I'm necessarily right. It's just my own personal philosophy about it. Who knows other people might be like, no, you have to fight. There's a song. Fuck who sings that song? Kenny Rogers? Kenny Rogers. Kenny Rogers has this song called Coward of the County, and the thesis of it is the exact opposite of what I just said. So if you listened to what I just said and you agreed with it, go listen to Kenyan Rodgers Coward of the Country, No, Coward of the County, and then because he gives an alternative point of view, and then come back and then make up your mind. I don't know if I agree with the message, but it's a good song. Shout out to Kenny Rodgers.
Speaker 5: Ken goes on the line taking your phone calls every night, the beak goes to his hide.
Speaker 1: He's teaching you cloud in the mind.
Speaker 7: Of your life.
Speaker 1: But he's not really an expert