Speaker 1: This episode is brought to you by all State. Some people just know they could save hundreds on car insurance by checking all State first, Like you know to check the date of the Big Game first before you accidentally buy tickets on your twentieth wedding anniversary and have to spend the next twenty years of your marriage making up for it. Yeah, checking first is smart, So check all State first for a quote that could save you hundreds. You're in good hands with all States savings. Very terms apply All State Fire and Casualty Insurance Company and Affiliates, Northbrook, Illinois.
Speaker 2: Welcome in episode eighty one. What's Right, Nick Right? The YouTube show, the podcast. We are live on YouTube right now. If you're already watching, we appreciate you. Today's gonna be our most interactive show we've ever done. There's gonna be polls, there's gonna be a bunch of questions. We're not even I don't think we're saving it all for the end of the shows. We have in the past a ton to do today over the next forty minutes or so, as we always do. By the way, I'm Nick, He's Demanse. Demanse's a little under the weather, so he sounds a little clogged up today. Our apologies. He's powering through it. I thought, you know, post pandemic and not supposed to come to work if you're sick. Demanse, on the other hand, is breathing all over me in these ghost spaces. No problem. We'll get before we get to the actual show, as we always do. However, what missed the cut for today's show. Here's what's not on today's show. Tonight's Thursday night football game, which one of the worst nationally televised games ever with the Bears and Washington. The most exciting new basketball documentary has not made the show. Greadem Team or the Jeremy Lynn Dock You might say, Nick, why not? What do you think of him? I haven't watched him. Why haven't you watched the docs? Nick? Because I read books? Like everyone's like, oh, make this documentary. My friend Dan Levittard he's the and We're gonna make thirty new sports documentaries. It's just because people won't read anymore. How about that? Does it take that documentary? The popularity of documentaries is directly correlated to people's People just won't read books. Just pop open a book. America turn off Netflix when you're like, oh, I want to learn something, You know how I'm gonna learn something laying in bed and watching it be told to be read a god Dog book once in a while. Also not on the Today's Show, Ben Simmons air ball at that outdoor nets practice one of the worst shots anyone's ever seen. Ben is now talked about it. He's like, I did an airball every shot. If you're watching on YouTube, there's the video of it. There was not a single unique or interesting take on this, except for the one demand's head before we get to the actual show. What was your take on that horrifying Ben Simmons shot that. My television co host Kevin Wilde said he could shoot with better form with a fifty pound medicine ball than Ben Simmons shot that. What's your take?
Speaker 3: My take is was calculated.
Speaker 4: I think it's like a not a marketing strategy, but I think it's to get the people talking. You know, everybody's already awesome. Yeah, oh you think I can't shoot exactly? And then how slow the wind up was For it to be that far off, It just seems like he's got to be doing that on purpose.
Speaker 2: Man, Okay, real quick before we get to our main topic, which is of course chiefs bills. That is a great take. If that's not what it was, and that was in that was his best attempt at the shot. How how bad is that? In your opinion?
Speaker 3: That's pretty bad. I mean that was like it was like a ten foo.
Speaker 2: I think it's gotten I think a shot has gotten worse. Kevin O'Connor, who's a great writer and podcaster from the Wringer five years ago, five years ago, made the argument Ben Simmons shoots with the wrong hand because he's one of these lefty righty guys and he shoots with his left hand and he used to shoot with his right hand. I think Kevin O'Connor was correct.
Speaker 3: Does Kevin o'connory books, Oh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, reads books, rights books. Listen. I'm from a generation that likes to crack open a book every once in a while learn some things. There ain't nothing wrong with that. Now, while you're watching this on YouTube, I appreciation. However, here's here's what I would recommend. You know what, BUTMANI does this on his podcast. I might steal it from him because Bomani's a friend. What if we did a what's right, Book of the Month Club? Oh, you know what, we're doing it. We're doing it starting on Thursday shows, starting next Thursday. Book of the Month Club, and we can keep you updated on it, do a little minor segment on it, and you're gonna read it too. That's gonna be part of the job. Part of the job for Demansey. I already know what the first book's gonna be.
Speaker 3: All I'm excited, but I hope doesn't drop an autobiography.
Speaker 2: Okay, No, they're not gonna be sports books. We're gonna be no sports books part of de Monsey. How are we starting today's show?
Speaker 4: We're starting with Chiefs Bills. Oh yeah, the Bill's shoveled a casey to take on your Chiefs. Underdogs at home, underdogs at home. Yep, I mean I kind of understand it. They barely snug one out against the Raiders the other day.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Last year the Bills beat them in the Week five matchup, but obviously Kansas City won when they.
Speaker 3: Faced them in the playoffs.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I know you're gonna say, Mahomes shouldn't be a home fair I mean home underdog or underdog at all. Yeah, but given the way the season's kind of panned out. You know, the Bills have done a lot of great things, and like I said, the Chiefs just played the Raiders and barely won. Yeah, but would you be willing to put your your money where your mouth is if you're gonna say the Mahome shouldn't be a underdog.
Speaker 2: I'm definitely betting the Chiefs. This is not a game. Listen what I I want to talk about the game, and I want to talk about the ideas surrounding Coulby. Could the Bills win? Of course they could win. So but do I think there's value on the Chiefs plus two and a half? Yeah? I mean Mahomes there is his forty second career home game. He's never been an underdog prior to this. He's only been an underdog eight games in his higher career. Ever, by the way, he's won six of those outright, and he's seven zero to one against the spread. In the eight games where he's an underdog. He was underdog. He was a favorite in thirty eight consecutive starts, and he was underdog two weeks ago. Now he's underdog again. Okay, So do I think that's out of line?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I think that's out of line. And by the way, I haven't looked at the look ahead lines. But next week they're at San Francisco. I wonder if they're gonna make him an underdog there. We'll see how this week goes. But here is my frustration on this conversation surrounding Patrick Mahomes, Josh Allen, the Can't See Chiefs and the Buffalo Bills. Everybody loves talking about that Chiefs Bill's playoff game, and it was an epic playoff game, there is no doubt about that. But they talk about it as if Josh Allen outplayed Patrick Mahomes. In fact, I think that is the general sentiment that Josh Allen was the best player on the field. It is flatly not accurate. In that football game, Josh Allen threw for three hundred and thirty yards. Patrick Mahomes threw for three hundred and eighty yards. Oh, but Josh Allen on the ground, Josh Allen ran the ball eleven times for sixty eight yards and no touchdowns. Patrick Mahomes ran the ball seven times for sixty nine yards and one touchdown. So he threw for more yards. He ran for more yards in that football game. They both had pass the ratings of one to twenty five plus and Patrick Mahomes, it in the spot of adversity, down three with thirteen seconds left, found a way to get a seamen field goal range. This is not a situation where Allen was unbelievable, Mahomes was mediocre and they won because of a blocked field goal or a kick return touchdown. If Allan was an a plus, then Mahomes wasn't a plus. So what? And then the other massive frustration I have is people are saying this is Brady Manning and maybe one day it will be. But the virtue of Brady Manning Demonsey, you were too young. But Tom Brady won all the championships. Peyton Manning had all the stats, so it wasn't until two thousand and six that Manning eventually beat Brady in the playoffs for the first time. Prior to that game, Peyton Manning had two MVPs, Brady had zero. Peyton Manning had six first or second team All pros, Brady had zero. Peyton Manning had all the regular season numbers, but Brady was two to zero against him in the playoffs and had won had been to three Super Bowls and won three Super Bowls. Manning been to zero Super Bowls. They're like, oh, it's Brady Manning. Mahomes is Brady Allen's Manning, except Mahomes is two and zero against Allen the playoffs and he's the only one with an MVP, he has moral pros, he is, he's both of them. Mahomes is the better numbers and the playoff resume. Why does Josh Allen get to be Tom Brady or Peyton Manner? Josh Allen, if we're being honest, if we're comparing him to someone of Tom Brady's era early in his career. Is Ben Roethlisberger a really talented, big, strong quarterback who up to this moment hasn't won sh and a pardon me, sorry forgot we're on YouTube live, and is not a and doesn't have the stats that Mahomes has. So the Bills have built their entire team to beat the Chiefs. They've said they're obsessed about being the Chiefs. The addition, so we want to break down this actual game. Here is what I'm concerned about. Von Miller speed rushing on Orlando Brown concerns me. Now, Vaughn likes to line up against the right tackle that Andrew Wiley. But Von Miller could wreck this game the chief secondary DeVante like could the Bills throw a bunch of bombs and get past interference penalties like the Raiders should have done more of that concerns me. The Chiefs inability to deal with mobile quarterbacks Josh Allen's killed him on quarterback runs. That concerns me. The Chiefs number one draft pick Trent McDuffie is back this week, off ir. I'm glad he's back. First game against Stefan Diggs, Gabe Davis. That's tough. Now what is good is Harrison Buker is back this week, So finally the Chiefs kicking situation is going to be settled. The Bills absolutely could win this game, but I am going to but the Bills won this game in the regular season last year and then spit up enough regular season games that they lost the home field advantage to the Chiefs. Here's my final Bills Chiefs take. This is a must win game for the Buffalo Bills because they absolutely cannot in a year where they went out and got von Miller and the Chiefs went out and traded away their best receiver, where they have allegedly the number one defensive football the Chiefs defense mediocre where Allan is playing as well as he's ever played. They cannot squander their best opportunity to have if they play in the playoffs again, that game be in Buffalo. They have one thing that Bills fans that like should hold on to is Yeah, Mahomes is two and zero, but both those games have been in Arrowhead. Well, if you don't want the next one to be an Arrowhead, you've got to win.
Speaker 3: This game, right.
Speaker 2: The Chiefs would like to win this game. They don't have to win this game, and so I think they do. You think the Chiefs have to win it or they do win it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think they have to.
Speaker 2: How come?
Speaker 3: I just think if they don't, if they don't win, people are gonna be talking. Man.
Speaker 2: Oh, I know people will be talking. I know people will be talking.
Speaker 4: I feel like this is going to it's whoever wins this game. I feel like it's gonna it's gonna serve their ego in the right way.
Speaker 2: So this is why I'm saying it's a must win for Buffalo. If the Bills don't win this game, then it starts to be a real question, can we beat this team? Mahomes would then be four and one against Allen, including the two playoff wins. The reason I don't think the Chiefs have to win is because this game last year, the exact same point of the season, the Bills didn't only come to Era and win, They kicked the Chiefs ass and the Chiefs struggled for the next few weeks and it didn't matter.
Speaker 4: All right, next game, all right, The four to one Cowboys are looking to set off.
Speaker 2: Oh, by the way, on the poll, sixty one percent of the audience thinks the Chiefs are gonna win. With that said, our YouTube stream probably skews a little Kansas City heavy, but that's fine, But go ahead, right, Uh.
Speaker 4: The four to one Cowboys are looking to face the undefeated Eagles. Dak is throwing passes left handed in practice, which I guess is kind of hopeful. Mike McCarthy said that the Cowboys are preparing Cooper Rush to start. Yeah, so the Cowboys hope that Cooper Rush does badly so the decisions easier or is just like a Tom Brady Drew Bledsoe situation.
Speaker 2: Well, listen, Dak Prescott's obviously the better quarterback, despite the fact they're four and zero with Rush, and Rush played really poorly this past week and they won despite him.
Speaker 3: Great but that defense.
Speaker 2: Troy Aikman literally twenty minutes ago re live on YouTube right now and again comments question stuff. We're gonna get to him later in the show if you're in the chat. Troy Aikman twenty minutes ago in the radio in Dallas said that if Cooper Rush wins, you've got to ask the real question, do you stick with I think that's crazy. I think it is a crazy idea to stick with Cooper Rush when Dak is clearly the better player and there is not a single one of these games you look at you're like, oh, won that because of Cooper? That the competition's been mediocre and the defense has been unbelievable. Running game has been really good. Now, should they take some things that they've learned from this time with Cooper to incorporate with Dak, Meaning, yeah, we know we have a forty million dollar quarterback, but we maybe shouldn't call an offenses if we do unless we have to because the defense is so good. Do I think yes? I think that should be the case, but Dak obviously has more talent all I don't think the Cowboys want to lose this game, but I think because there's so much noise surrounding.
Speaker 3: Dallas makes things a lot easier.
Speaker 2: The the is for the long term, like mental health of the franchise. It's not only best. What's best is win or lose. That Cooper plays a talent, right, I guess the ideal, the the thread the needle would be somehow the Cowboys win because their defense is so unbelievable, but Rush has three turnovers. They er the fact that, you know what helped Dak a lot, the fact that they won that Rams game, but they did it despite Rush only throwing for one hundred yards. I actually think the Cowboys this is gonna work out just perfectly for them because they got four straight wins with Cooper, but he's played worse each week. I think he's gonna be bad this week. I think they're gonna lose. Dak then takes takes over and they have the Lions and the Bears, and Dak's gonna hit the ground running. And the question is, because what you don't want is for Dak to take back over with Cooper having never had a terrible game that they lost, and so right, and so I think that this week Cooper's gonna have the bad game. I think the Eagles are gonna win. I think Dak gets the job back.
Speaker 3: All right? Next?
Speaker 4: All right, so we have another poll, sorry forget to be the starting quarterback for the Cowboys.
Speaker 2: It's almost split Dak and Cooper fifty five to forty five Dack. That's kind of what I'm saying. The fans in the media love quarterback wins. That's why they love Jimmy g.
Speaker 4: I feel like they should get split custody of the team that never works once that comes back, they just one plays the first half.
Speaker 2: That never they teams have tried stuff like that that never ever works.
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 4: Next, Oh, Jymon Green was not suspended for punching Jordan Poole in the face. Steve Kerr said that this is the biggest crisis that we've had since I've been the coach here. Curs said, it's really serious stuff and our culture has been damaged. You said on TV, you don't think that Draymond will finish with the Warriors is yet, But why would anybody trade for Draymond the basketball player and Draymond on the teammate.
Speaker 2: Well, so this is complicated. So I don't think Draymond's gonna finish the year with the Warriors. Yeah, I think they're gonna trade him. I know that's a somewhat controversial take, but you got to keep in mind that Draymond gave them an out because they don't want to give him a long term extension. And after this year he is a player option. He could opt out be a free agent, want the long term extension, right. I also think that you know they have to pay Wiggins. They're definitely paying Pool. I don't think they're gonna pay Draymond as well. And so now Draymond, with his behavior, gave him a reason for it, right, So why would someone trade for him? So there's two types of trades involving Draymond Green that I think could be interesting. One is a team that is trading for the guys you would include along with Draymond, So Draymond plus the young guys being to pardon me and Moody for a star player. So if a team star asks out and what they want is young, you know, prospects. The Warriors have that, but you would have to include Draymond. So the salaries match. You follow me like this is a this trade's not gonna happen. I'm just making total you know, this is not my proposed trade. But like let's say Zach Levine's like I want out of here and the words like ah, that'd be interesting. Levine, along with Clay and will play Wiseman Center.
Speaker 3: In order.
Speaker 2: You can't just trade Kaminga and Moody for Levine. The salaries aren't they don't bake enough. You're throwing Draymond now the salaries were So there's one type of trade, the word war. Here's another one team that needs to learn how to win. So let's say, as a for instance, Zion and Brandon Ingram don't work as a one two, and I'm skeptical of it. I Repelicans could be really good, but I don't think their defense is gonna be that good despite herb Jones and Alvarado, and I don't know that Ingram thinks he should be the number two to Zion. So for the Pelicans team like that, that's gonna that doesn't have anybody on the team with respect to CJ that knows how to win at a high level. Need a glue guy, I need some defense. Could ingram for Draymond, Kaminga and Moody. It's a conversation. The other type of trade is a three teamer. So the three teamer is as a for instance, the one involving the Lakers, because the Lakers, Draymond's a clutch guy. Draymond could play the front line alongside Anthony Davis.
Speaker 3: Everybody thinks that Draymond wants to go to the Lakers, and.
Speaker 2: There is a lot of smoke there. So the Warriors obviously would not be taking Russ. But the way it would work is Russ goes to for instance, let's use the team everybody's talking about the Pacers, Miles Turner and Buddy Healed. I don't know that the Warriors would want them, but again they go to the Warriors. Draymond comes down to the Lakers and the Warriors kicking in draft picks to Indian the Pacers. You know, the Lakers kicking a draft pick and the Warriors kicking a draft pick. So the Pacers get the two picks for taking on Russ. Draymond goes to the Lakers and the Warriors get a couple of rotations. Those so those are the different trades that could work now as and again those are off the top of my head. My point is some star is going to become available, and because of Big Vic, because of Victor Winn Binyama, there are going to be more teams this year that are mediocre that then just decide we want to tear this whole thing down and try to tank for a draft pick than ever before because of the thirst for Victor. So I think there's gonna be more guys available all right now. On the the I think the Warriors botched this. You can't call it the biggest crisis of your career and then not. And he got suspended one game yelling at Durant and hurting Durant's feelings. He cold cocked Jordan Poole. I don't know how Pool's gonna deal with it.
Speaker 4: You can tell that pools a little off. No, I saw it when they played the Lakers.
Speaker 3: He was like, very like. You can tell that he was.
Speaker 2: Just like, It's a jarring moment. And so much of Draymond's value comes from being leader adult all that stuff. He's lost all authority there. Yeah, he's lost so I just I don't think it's tenable long term for the Lake, for the Warriors. All right, last one, there's our time, but we're gonna be quick on this one so we can get to your guys stuff soon.
Speaker 4: Next, you know that former rich quarterback was caught stealing from the poor alle Yeah, yep, he's denying everything completely. Now, Brett farm says that he's been unjustly smeared in the media and said that he never knew where the money was going to or coming from.
Speaker 3: Sorry, you got his feet to the fire throughout this process. Do you buy this?
Speaker 2: Of course not. I mean we've seen the text messages. Text messages are are as crystal clear guilt as anything I've ever seen. I'm not buying it. Also, while at one point I thought the media was not covering this enough, the media has done a much better job of it. And I have now that I saw with respect. RG three tweet out, Uh, yeah, what Davante Adams and Draymond Green did was bad. But let's not forget that Brett favres soul from the poor guys. We can do multiple things, okay, Like we have the ability to hold multiple thoughts in our head at the same time, and I I what Brett Farv did, what I believe he did, was awful, and I believe he's going to end up in legal trouble. Just that does not give every other athlete as for other bad actions. But that is the that's like that to tweet written by a Twitter algorithm. It's like all this will get engagement. You'll be like preach, pre shut off, like stupid that we can we can talk about all of these things simultaneously.
Speaker 3: Kiss barbs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, Farve's denial was so audacious, like I've done nothing wrong when we have seen the text messages.
Speaker 3: Go ahead way, So I want to ask you a question, how long is it? When when did word get out there?
Speaker 4: Brett Farr was denying this because like I just feel like I'm just down here.
Speaker 2: Ago.
Speaker 3: Okay, so three days ago.
Speaker 4: These allegations came what like two or three weeks ago, months ago.
Speaker 3: So him and his team like strategized like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, listen, and by the way, it's that it's not a the flat shaggy it wasn't me defense is not a terrible strategy. But anybody that's been paying attention to this that the text messages are like the smoking gun here. So it's it's it's an audacious defense, but I don't buy it at all. All right, Uh, here's what we're gonna do again. Keep the questions coming to the sea block. We have a new game coming up after a very short break, and I'm going to rant about the most frustrating part about watching NFL football in twenty twenty two. That's all next about a sixty second break. We'll be right back live on YouTube, and if you're listening on a podcast, we appreciate that as well.
Speaker 5: This episode is brought to you by Unstoppable. Discover the inspiring true story about Anthony Roebliss, who defined every expectation to become a national wrestling champion, and Unstoppable, a new original movie from Amazon MGM Studios and director William Goldenberg. Evoking the excitement and camaraderie of classic sports dramas and thrilling wrestling matches. Unstoppable features an all star ensemble cast including Jirelle Jerome, Jennifer Lopez, Don Cheatle, Michael Tania, and Bobby Canavali. Watch Unstoppable now exclusively on Amazon Prime Video.
Speaker 2: Welcome back in What's Right? Nick Right? Live on YouTube, and in fact, since we are live on YouTube, my apologies, I am going to tweet out the link one quick right now, still going live on YouTube, so that way more people can join us because we're gonna answer your questions in the chat at the end of the show. We also have h on what's the right show? Sorry about this, I should have done this starting our commercial break. Uh, there we go, there's the link for that. Uh sent out that the We're gonna answer questions in the chat and we've got a new game coming. But first I'll look at that photoshop. Look demonse, Yeah I saw it. Yeah, I do read books. Stop see you calm down over there dropping stuff.
Speaker 4: I got just fidgeted with this phone for the first thirty seconds of.
Speaker 2: Those I wasn't fidgeting, I was I was trying to increase I was trying to amplify our reach. I didn't drop my phone, by the way. Uh okay, I want to talk about something quickly before we get to our new game. So like eight years ago, five years or something like that, the NFL broadcast decided. Man, there's so much controversy surrounding replay reviews. What is a catch? What isn't a catch. Let's have on standby for all these games a ref, a retired ref, so he can come in and be like, hey, this is a foul, this isn't a foul. He's not gonna be a part of the broadcast play in play out, but when we need an expert, let's go to ONEm. I am calling on NFL broadcasts to do the same thing for quote analytics unquote, because it is so maddening listening to every decision a coach makes that the broadcast crew disagrees with. There's like, oh, some nerd with a calculator told him to do it. It's the all analytics. So I'm watching Monday night football Chiefs Raiders. The Raiders go for two to go up one, and Joe and Troy, who were great, they're like analytics. That was not analytics. The analytical models were actually very split on if that was even a good or a bad decision. That was Josh McDaniel Flatley saying, I think we can get too and I don't think they trust their kicker. I want to try and take the lead. That's what it was. But here's my real frustration. First of all, there's so many things here, so give me a few minutes. First of all, analytics is simply making It needs a rebranding. It is making a decision based on historical and contemporaneous evidence on what will lead to the best result. That's all it is. We all use analytics all day long, whether we recognize it or not. It's just calculated in our own head. It's like, well, I'm running late, will I get there? Should I speed? Am I more or less likely to get their earlier? If I speed? Well? How often is there a cop here? How often do I get pulled over? That is? That is that decision tree is the same thing as analytics. If and so, there are certain NFL decisions that never happened in the past that now sometimes do happen that are purely analytics. Let me give you an example. A team is down fourteen points and scores a touchdown. All the analytical models agree in that spot you should go for two. The reason you should do that that is a pure analytical you know, red line down fourteen late, score a touchdown? Why do you go for two? Well, if you get it now, a touchdown and an extra point win you the game. If you don't get it, you then have another opportunity to go for two. You have to fail on two two point conversions for it to hurt you. That is a clear Let me give you another example of a clear analytical redline, no doubt about it. If you are and this is one a lot of teams don't do, but I argue, I would argue they should. If you are down fifteen points and you need two touchdowns, one of them with a two point conversion, right should and you score a touchdown, you should go for two on the first touchdown. People are like, well, but then if you don't get it, you're down two scores. The reason that is another analytical red line is you want to know as early as possible if you are or are not converting the two point conversion that way. If you go, if you down fifteen, score touchdown, kick the X point down eight, and then get the ball back down eight, go score another touchdown, fail the two point conversion. With ten seconds left, you're like, oh, well, I've lost games over. If you are down fifteen, score touchdown and go for two and don't get it with four minutes left, now you know, oh, down two scores. We didn't get it. Now we are inn on side kick situation. Those are analytical, pure analytics. A lot of this other stuff that the announcers are blaming on analytics is judgment calls in the finest of margins. And the most frustrating part for me is we only play the result on bad or not even bad on analytical decisions that failed. So, for instance, what is the biggest surprise in the NFL this year? I would argue it's the Giants, you know what, set their tone of their entire season. Going for two with forty five seconds left in Game one, down one against the Titans and Saquon got in set the tone for their whole season. That would never have happened a decade ago. It would have been thought of as insane yea, and nobody's like, oh, analytics wright to help the Giants there. The Raider game, people are killing Josh McDaniels for going for two to take the lead, which again most of the analytical models actually disagreed with because there was so much timeline. What nobody acknowledged was on the first possession of the game in their own territory and fourth and one, they went for it. That is a pure analytical decision. They scored a touchdown. Everyone kills John Harbaugh for last year for his goal line and two point conversion decisions, failing to acknowledge that last year early in the year against the Chiefs, he went for a fourth down it won them the game. The Chargers two weeks ago or last week, they went for a fourth and short near midfield with the lead. Seemed even by my standards, very aggressive. They ended up winning. Anyway, People kill the coach there Staley totally ignoring the week before exact same situation. Up up against the Texans late in the fourth quarter, they went for a fourth down in their own territory and got it and then ended up winning the game because of it. Nobody ever talks about these decisions when they work. It is maddening. And nobody ever kills a coach for going against analytics, going with the old school way when they lose, because you know, one of the major mistakes the Raiders made something that went totally in the face of analytics. Up fourteen to nothing on Kansas City, they had a fourth and one at the thirty five, the Chiefs thirty five, and they kicked the field goal. All the analytical models screamed go, go go. They didn't. They got a field goal. A lot of good that did them. We never so old school football. What coaches and the media are is complicit in this. They coached to delay losing as opposed to trying to win the game outright. The Chiefs made a grievous analytical error in that Raider game. They had fourth and two right outside of the two minute warning around midfield. If they get a first down, they win the game. They punted away up one, and you know what happened. The Raiders sliced down the field and if DeVante Adams doesn't bobble that football, they're in field goal range. No, the Raiders bobbled it on the sideline and they're the That was a mistake by the Chiefs. They got away with the Ravens. Last week against the Bengals, they'll give you another example. Everyone killed Hardball for not kicking the field goal against the Bills, blamed analytics. So this weekend against the Bengals, up three, he went against the analytics and kicked the field goal. Trusted his defense. You know what the Bengals did, drove a right eight down the field, score a touchdown to go up one. Now, the Ravens ended up getting away with it because they had a great final two minute drive. But it's just it is so maddening that we are NFL fans and even the language of it is biased. Take the points. Why don't you take the points?
Speaker 3: Guys?
Speaker 2: When teams don't kick field goals, it's not because they don't like points. It's because they want more of it. They're trying to take more points. So that's my little rant one day, mark it down the folks that kill every area and that's the one last point. You would think it'd be more popular because it's the obvious, more aggressive way to play, going for it, leaving your offense on the field, but fans have been tricked and the thinking it's dumb. The folks that are out here being anti analytics are going to sound like the NBA commentators of a decade ago saying jump shooting teams don't win championships. They're gonna look like Caveman. What are you amazed by how long this has gone?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I'm amazed at the plot right now? Yeah?
Speaker 2: All right, well let's get to our game. I told you this is gonna be a good analytics train. So how does this game work, what does it?
Speaker 3: What happens? It's called right ends pretty straightforward. I will make a statement at this stupid kick. Oh yeah, I love it. I don't love it to stricken my head just a little bit.
Speaker 4: Okay, I will make a statement and then we will fill in the blanks with our answers. Our live viewers can also respond in the chat, and we'll read some of the best answers. Okay, our first one we've got. After losing to the Jeams, Davante Adams pushed a cameraman over who got in his way. DeVante Adams punishment should be okay, so.
Speaker 2: Writing these down, yes, all right, I'm going to all right, so I'm going to say, oh geez, what can you not write?
Speaker 3: Buddy?
Speaker 2: This is what I'm writing. Suspension with an asterisk. Okay, the reason I say, and ask here's why I say suspension, but with an asterisk. I do not believe you should be suspended. However, I believe that what he did is far worse than what Mike Evans did. Mike Evans pushed another player, and Mike the NFL suspended Mike Evans, and so because of that, I think they have set the precedent that you the If the punishment for shoving Marshawn Lattimore is a game, the punishment for shoving a civilian has to be a game. I also am really annoyed by the members of the media that are blaming this camera guy. Now, they're like, oh, you should have looked where he was going. Oh, he was in DeVante adams workspace. That's that guy's workspace. Now. Do I think the camera guy filing a police report is part of a pending lawsuit? Yes? Do I think it's a bit of a money grab. Yes. Do I think what DeVante Adams did rises to the level of criminality, No, I don't, even though I mean it's it's technically simple assault caught on tape, So yeah, he's probably gonna have to plead to something if the guy continues to press charges. But all these folks are like, oh my god, can you believe this guy is going forward? Folks, if you're just at work and something happens to neither of your markers work, okay, if you're just at work and you'll walk by somewhere and it's like, hey, if you pick that up, if you pick that bag up, Pete strangers on the internet will make fun of you, but you get to keep the fifty thousand dollars inside. I think most people would be picking it up. It's free money for him. He's gonna get some money. I don't begrutin.
Speaker 3: Like man.
Speaker 4: You know, Okay, well, I can either go forward with this or you can just give me some money.
Speaker 2: Which, yeah, but the if you got to quickly file the police report, it helps you a lot. I think you'll end up dropping the charges again. It if Mike Evans hadn't been suspended, I would say the punishment should just be a fine. But he was suspended, so I think he should be suspended. All right, what's the next one? The lext?
Speaker 3: What we got?
Speaker 4: The Chiefs were saved Monday night when the Raiders went for two instead of kicking the game tying extra point. The coaching decisions this year have been horrific. The NFL head coach most likely to hit on a twenty in blackjack k is okay?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 2: Are you having a straight a stroke? Are you okay? Demonte's got to go?
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 2: I mean, Demonte just got up, So I'm gonna surprise people with my answer here.
Speaker 3: Oh, gosh.
Speaker 2: Okay, Demonse is a little under the weather. He's also having trouble with his whiteboard that he also, by the way, left at home, and I had to go back and get are you gonna sit back down? What are you doing?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I think everyone, what do you think? My answer to this is gonna be the coach that Daniel Hackett. That is not my even the Daniel Hackett knows not.
Speaker 3: They don't Andy Reid Jack.
Speaker 2: No, here's my answer. My answer is Kingsbury. And you might be like, Nick, why, I know you don't like Cliff. My answer is Kingsbury because nobody would hit on twenty in Blackjack.
Speaker 3: Ever.
Speaker 2: In fact, the casino will actually try to stop you from doing It'll be like are you sure? So why would Kingsbury do it? Because I think Kingsbury's flirting with the cocktail waitress and not paying attention. It's like hit me. He's like no, they're like sir, He's like hit me. So yeah, the if it were the coach most likely to stay on sixteen against a ten, that would be Hacket, but hit on a twenty, it's Kingsbury because I think he's distracted. You're out of the whiteboard game. By the way, you're not writing anything. Your marker's not working. You're out. You just asked me, and all I answer the questions? What's next?
Speaker 3: All right? New York sports are thriving.
Speaker 4: The Jets, the Giants are somehow over five hundred for the first time since twenty fifteen. The Nicks and Nets tip off this week. The best New York team after baseball season will.
Speaker 2: Be, Oh, that's easy. The team that I have seasoned tickets for the best New York team once the Yankees are done is going to be the Nets that the and so okay, can I just all right, everybody real quick? Before I even give my answer, Demonse holds yours up again because I so, Demonse, hold it up to the camera. You do, fist, hold it up to the camera. Okay, that there you go. See how it says? Bills? Okay, the Bills are not a New York team.
Speaker 3: You mean they're not a New York team.
Speaker 2: They are talking New York City, which is why they said the Jets and the Giants and the question they're on New York City teams. They're not talking about the Buffalo Bills in upstate New York I told you you're out of the game, and instead you wrote bills twice in terrible handwriting because small. Yeah, it's all the first time you're out. You can regroup next week. Just ask the questions. My answer is the Nets. I don't think the Nets can win the title, and I don't think they'll be great in the playoffs, but they'll be quite good in the regular season. I don't think. Listen, the Giants and Jets are good stories, but between the two of them, they're gonna win zero combined playoff games. The Knicks are not gonna be very good. Best player on that team can't be Jail and Brunson. The answer is obviously the Nets. It's no question the Nets. Do you know, by the way, next Wednesday, you're going by the way? You you me, your mom and one of your sisters, next third, next a week from or not a week from Wednesday? Wednesday? Nets Pelicans to open the season.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, that's great, answers the Nets.
Speaker 2: All right, Oh Joe Schmoe by the way. And the chant says the Nets, and Cameron says, fly Jets Fly. Let me say one thing about the Jets. Zach Wilson's look good. In his two games back, and that is the only thing that matters for the Jets is that Zach Wilson progresses and he looks good.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 4: Next, you're not a big baseball fan, but you've been watching the playoffs a bit.
Speaker 3: You will watch what percentage of that will be playoffs?
Speaker 2: Oh well, I mean starting next round? Where? Well, really, in this round when the games aren't on during the day, eighty five percent. Let me say this about playoff baseball. Playoff baseball, it's like a different sport than regular season baseball. Regular season baseball, I have almost I have close to zero interesting. Playoff baseball is exhilary, the way every pitch matters, the way everything matters. I'm totally into it. And I like the new format. I like the expanded I didn't think I would, but the best of three in the wild card round, now the division round, Padre's Dodgers been unbelievable series. I'm totally in on the playoff baseball, So I'll watch eighty five percent.
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 2: Last one?
Speaker 4: Wait, hold on, I know it says something about Roger Goodell here, but we're not doing We're not doing that yet.
Speaker 3: So Adrick, no, because I'm on the updated document.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's it's it's not okay. So do you have the Lakers question? This has not been your best performance. I gotta tell you no, no, no, man, you don't okay, I'll read the question. Demonze, take a lap. Demonte's in the penalty box. During the Lakers Wolves preseason game, Patrick Beverly called a huddle on the court. Lebron A d and Lonnie Walker joined him. Russell Westbrook refused to join. Your relationship advice for Russ and Pat Bev is my relationship advice. You're not on the updated document. Stop looking so confused. It's not your fault. The internet went out for a moment. I already had mine updated. Don't worry about it, Pal, I got you my Here's my advice for Russ and Patrick Beverly, and it's what I think Russ expected to happen.
Speaker 3: Divorce.
Speaker 2: There is no saving this. And the idea Russ is clearly and obviously coming to the realization like I am, that he's going to start the season on this team. He didn't want to start the season on this team. He was trying to play good soldier. And what was planning on starting the season on this team and this and Patrick Beverly. Listen, Russ, I've got your back. Patrick Beverly has no business trying to tell Lebron James, Anthony Davis, and Russell Westbrook Win to huddle up. Patrick Beverly is the height of irritation. Whether he's not one of those guys like, oh, you hate him when he's on your team, but you love him when he or you hate him when he's on the other team love when he's on your team. No, Yeah, he's irritating for all people involved in all circumstances. Unfortunately, the Lakers traded for him, so he's gonna be around. I do not think Russ makes it to New Year's Day with the Lakers. I think Russ's on his way out. They just haven't found the trade that works best. Okay, I gotta be honest. This game didn't go exactly how we hoped. Demondy's market didn't work. Demonsey's computer then crashed. He's a little onto the weather. I'm gonna you know what, I take ownership of this. This was my fault here. I should have saw this coming down the pike. Demonsey's still curious about what's going on with the computer, just going with the computer. Don't worry about it. We got it all to the handle. We're still live on YouTube. Podcast, still rolling. We answer your questions. Next quick break, What's right? All Right? Welcome back in episode eighty one. What's Right? Nick Right Live on YouTube. Also if you're just listening to us, you can download on Spotify on Apple iTunes. But he don't worry about it. Don't get tilted. You see what you see him listen, we're live. Oh guys, I told him not to worry about it. Now we're doing a new drawing of blank. Monse's performance. Day has been outstanding. He's under the weather. He could have called in sick. You could have left the screwed. His computer went down for a moment and his whiteboard didn't work. I'm not worried about it. You're doing a great job.
Speaker 3: Wait, I'm actually not. You're a tilted by it.
Speaker 2: We should be a little tilted, should be a little bothered.
Speaker 3: It's not my fault.
Speaker 5: Is that well?
Speaker 2: You know, I kind of gave you an out there saying it wasn't your fault. I'm not sure whose fault it was. Doesn't matter. We are now reading questions from the fans. Demonse, what are the questions?
Speaker 4: Well, this putting in the question. But Nathan said he had to turn this off for you to book.
Speaker 2: Oh good for him, you know what? Nathan the good thing about being on YouTube. In the podcast We're on demand wherever you want. Did a nice couple chapters in Nate, you'll feel better about yourself.
Speaker 4: Next, Gave Goodwin says, what's right with Nick?
Speaker 3: Right? Come for the book clubs, stay for the analytic analysis, all right.
Speaker 2: Gabe Goodwin is another one of our executive producers. As I mentioned the EPs earlier, Gabe runs Blue Duck Media does a great job. I would love to know is Gabe Gabe at Oh Gabe's there? Can you guys put in there? What's the last book Gabe read? Start to finish? Cause I this is there's a chance that Gabe, because Gabe is like a low key, real smart guy, there's a chance that Gabe was like, oh yeah, I read a book really recently about you know, the French Revolution. I would believe that. I would also believe that he has not read a complete book in six years. Like I think the realm, the range of possibilities there are endless. This is not a book guy too busy making podcast. Oh look at them? Look okay, so we can put that in the chat, all right, to Monjay, what's next?
Speaker 3: Next? We have Matthew.
Speaker 4: He's asking what's the best bet you've ever won? Poker or sports gambling. I want to know about your favorite win ever. Love this show, have a great day, team, Thanks dude.
Speaker 2: Okay, well that's very nice of you. I mean, poker wouldn't be like a bet like I've won. I think the biggest single poker hand I've ever won, the pot was probably, I don't know, sixteen thousand dollars, So that's probably the biggest poker hand I've won. My best poker night ever would be that it was on TV the time that I won that ten thousand dollars Sit and Go with Helmut and to Grandou and Mario Jo and others, and that I mean that one I won. It was ten thousand to enter and it was fifty thousand, fifty year, sixty thousand first prize. It was sixty thousand first prize, so I won fifty thousand there. So that was So that's my best poker night ever. But that's kind of a unique situation. That's a one off. The best bet I've ever won.
Speaker 3: Would be.
Speaker 2: The oh I won I won a lot when the Lakers won the title on a Lakers future. That was a really good one.
Speaker 3: Oh no, no, no.
Speaker 2: The best the best bet I ever won, without question was when the Clippers were up three to one on the Nuggets. I bet the Nuggets live to win the series at like eighty while they were trailing in Game five, with a butt with in this kind of gambling group I'm in, I got the Nuggets to win the series at like seventy eight to one because they were down three to one in the series and they were down like fifteen in the second half, and they ended up coming all the way back. So that one, I mean, that one was crazy. I also won a ton of money in this same gambling group betting on the last presidential election after Biden had been announced the winner. Because a lot of these guys I'm in this group with are just just I mean, I think half of them were at the Capitol in January sixth and they were convinced that the election was gonna get overturned, and they kept betting. They bet on Trump to win States that had already been called ye and so that was that was the biggest That was way more. I mean that the election thing was just consistent. I mean it was just people giving money away, and if I mean totally honest, it kind of felt like they were getting free rolled because if I lost, it would mean that, you know, our government fell in a coup, in which case I think all bets are all. I think that's where they got the phrase all bets are off. It's like, well, if your country's in the midst of a you know, the government's been overthrown, I'm not sure how and when we're paying these bets off all? Right?
Speaker 4: Next uh, Dylan asked if the Chiefs went in bankrupt and had to shut shut operations down tomorrow, what NFL team would you root for.
Speaker 2: It's a really interesting question. So I think the answers the Jets. Oh well, because I do believe in Trevor Lawrence, and I wouldn't want to like bandwagon a team that is already really good. Yea, the Ravens be fun, but it would feel a little bandwagoning. It couldn't be any AFC West teams. I obviously wouldn't be the if let me, I got that's a hell of a question, like who's my favorite team? Another way to put that is, uh, what's my favorite team other than the Chiefs? So I like Trevor Lawrence, so that one's interesting. There'd be no AFC East team. I like Tomlin. But no, I didn't know. Houston's not the answer. Uh so the Jags or if they got rid of Jimmy Garoppolo San Francisco. San Francisco would feel a little bandwagon.
Speaker 3: To be honest with you, it seems like you love Cincinnati.
Speaker 2: I do like Cincinnati. Cincinnati beat it, but that feels a little bandwagony too. They just went to the super Bowl. You know what? My answer to the my answers to the Jags. All right, what's the next question? From the chat?
Speaker 3: Pepa asked what is the Premier League team? Team you rout for?
Speaker 2: Liverpool? Because, uh, my buddy Maverick owns a piece of it, So the lebron and Maverick bought a piece of Liverpool. And I like Premier League soccer. I like European soccer most notably or international soccer. So I'm so excited for the World Cup. But I never had a team I thought for a while that I was a Tottenham fan, but then I realized I didn't really care. I wasn't watching their games. But once Maverick bought a piece of Liverpool, then I became a fan of them.
Speaker 4: All Right, last one, yeh by the way says you nailed it. He got through half of Obama's last book.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what I figured. He has n't on his night stand, so it looks good but he doesn't. Actually.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so he got Joel Penfield Pinfield lo hard? Oh? How okay? How hard?
Speaker 4: Were you laughing when Carl Jeffer's voice cracked when he had to announce that call.
Speaker 2: Yeah, listen, let me say one thing, and is oh wrap the show. The roughing the pastor penalty on Chris Jones was objectively terrible. It was one of the worst calls you'll ever see. He already possessed the ball when they called him for ruffing the passer. Despite that call and the fact that it might have been the ten point swing, I think the Chiefs got the better whistle over the course of that game because the refs were so tilted by how bad that call was. A narrowhead's crowd that the Chiefs got every single flag the rest of the game. If I'm a Raider fan, that holding on the kick on the missfield goal haunts me to this day. And the poor Raiders who blew the game against the Cardinals almost stole the game against the Titans, finally got a win and then we're about to get another win. Be fine. Two and three headed into their box and would have beaten It would have beaten the Chiefs. And uh, what was their other win? Was it the Chargers or was it the Broncos the Raiders the Raiders other win? My apologies, No, it was it was the Broncos. That's right. They would have gotten two divisional wins and going into their buy instead, they're one and four. With that said, here's the Raiders' next six Houston, New Orleans, Jacksonville, Indie, Denver, Seattle before they play the Chargers again. The Raiders absolutely could be five and five. The reason I say five and five is obviously they're gonna lose to the Jaguars, my second favorite team. That's today's show, episode eighty one. We'll see you guys tomorrow for the gambling show. What's Right