Speaker 1: M hm.
Speaker 2: Hmm.
Speaker 3: What if y'all will come to you from the Pump Gala twenty twenty four, the Beverly Hilton, all the smoke black carpet, and we got our guy Chris here today, Chris Brother.
Speaker 4: Pleasure having me, appreciate having me guys. Man, this is the owner of creator owner a fat Head. Yeah, first time saying myself.
Speaker 3: Isn't that no scot heead here man shine?
Speaker 5: I don't, God damn it. So you took the world by storm with this. When did you guys launch fat Head? We bought fat Head actually, okay, yeah it was. It's an eighteen year old brand. Okay, formerly owned by Dan Jilbert for a long time. We bought it last year and we're here to bring a batman. Okay, excuse me, they bought it. But great.
Speaker 3: I remember it took the world by storm and I was still impressed when I came down and and saw my little fat in.
Speaker 4: Man, you guys look sharp, unbelievable. So what else are you into so fat In?
Speaker 2: What else?
Speaker 4: Fat d?
Speaker 2: Is it?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 4: I'm I'm focused on fat D one hundred percent of the time.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 6: I retired from football and it was seven I worked for a head counter for eleven.
Speaker 4: Years and then, uh, we're fortunate up to the group. Life at it, life after sports. Yeah, so what's your goal with that? Take it to the moon?
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 6: You know we're we have a lot of licenses in sports and entertainment.
Speaker 4: You know, we're we're expanding into music and gaming. Oh really, okay, we bought a.
Speaker 6: Technology company to make uh these these decounts come to life with a R and AI and yeah, man, we're here to We're here to get back to the culture again.
Speaker 4: We need all this smell deca. Let's partner something now and that all the smoke decap for my golf car. I want to go deck you out. Yeah, though, I'm okay, I gotta start somewhere.
Speaker 3: I was a hater move, but I like it. Maybe I was just jealous, you know the reason why I'm starting. Yeah, I love it.
Speaker 4: So Chris Man, thank you for coming out tonight. We appreciate you.
Speaker 2: Luck.
Speaker 4: We want to connect and all of a sudden, a bunch of a man studio appreciate it. Thanks, guys. What's up now? We're here with Jeff.
Speaker 3: Hamilton oh Man, one of the most designers we've never seen. What you've done for culture, from jackets to just fashion overall.
Speaker 4: Where did all that start? Where that inspiration come from? It was a total accident.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 8: My my background was I grew up in UH.
Speaker 2: I was one in Africa, in Morocco and moved to France.
Speaker 8: My biggest dream was to become a CPA, and then I moved to America because.
Speaker 4: I just loved the American culture.
Speaker 3: And UH, one thing led to the other.
Speaker 8: And I found it against James the men as the first license.
Speaker 4: You have the brand and UH and then you came to the.
Speaker 8: Down in necess and I found my passion like like like like you guys in your front, even if you didn't get paid to play basketball, we still shoot buckets. You know me, I'll design even say, please.
Speaker 7: My love, I'm honored to say that I have a jump out with the jacket the right way. A lot of guys buy them, but I want a championship the all of us, our own personal jacket I still have.
Speaker 2: I want to thank you for my jacket, I.
Speaker 4: Brother, I give it to you.
Speaker 8: I remember the lesson, you know, and and you don't have to say something that I changed my whole reception of of what top was, you know, because when you guys won the championship, I don't know a few were with them.
Speaker 5: When against New York it was like seven years before, right, Like.
Speaker 2: I do not know it was Uh, I want to know three.
Speaker 8: I want to three right after the Kobe one. Originally I had brun one for for Tim and Uh and David and Buck.
Speaker 2: Said no, weird team.
Speaker 4: It's a team or nothing. And I kind of like that really can open moment because at.
Speaker 8: The time I used to do for Michael and Scotty and I would do Kobe and and and Shack and you know, maybe Jerry and of course I had my you know, the same pictures of Kobe.
Speaker 4: When you look at the trophy with Dagon, all you see on the reflection you always see me. Yeah, I mean that big, right, So I.
Speaker 3: Mean that's an iconic obviously with the path of my brother rest in peace.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's such an iconic photo. It was voted last year the most iconic piece of fashion really in sports issue period.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 8: So for me, like that's some of the things that kind of like drives me.
Speaker 2: You know, you know that we all love money, we love the business.
Speaker 4: But for me to be able to wake up in the morning and be.
Speaker 8: Creative at the same time, also knowing that I'm building up a legacy for my my grandson for me that that's why I love it.
Speaker 9: TI.
Speaker 3: So Pop didn't let you just give him to Tim and Tony? How long did you make jackets for everyone right there?
Speaker 4: But the next time they won? No, no, no, you did it for the whole team.
Speaker 8: That inspired me to do that, and then I started doing it four So when when in two thousand and two when the Lakers one in Jersey, I.
Speaker 4: Did for the whole team, Oh, I love.
Speaker 8: It, including Phil Jackson, nobody, and then after.
Speaker 4: That so I had to see if sure and damn maybe maybe that was I was sitting on the course of dude at the final A History of Greatness. Well, we don't want to keep you too long. We appreciate you. Thank you. Look fly tonight.
Speaker 2: We have our own mescal, which would be We'll be honest.
Speaker 3: You can sign a bottle for us, I'll be.
Speaker 4: Honest, man, that's a rap.
Speaker 3: Jeff Hands within the iconic fashion designer, We're here at the Pump Guy at twenty twenty four with a twenty year NFL VET. The one and only Darryl Green. He still might be jack, but at one time was definitely the fastest man in the league. Yes, so I look at you, I see you. I can see a big fan first time meeting in person.
Speaker 4: With all due respect, you're not that tall, You're not that big.
Speaker 3: But to play twenty years at the highest level and be great at it. Uh, where did the bluff and football come from?
Speaker 10: Well, I'm five eighty three quarters, So I want to just get that clear so people can be clear.
Speaker 2: Right. Uh, you know, back in the day sports or football?
Speaker 10: Should I say what's called extra curricular activities? What sports was? Because I'm born in eineteen sixty. So you played touch on the street, tackle on the glass, you played that pe down the street, knocked on the door. Hey we're playing you know, so you know you just you You're a kid. Now it's a different ball game. Everybody thinking I'm about to be a fro. I'm in I'm five years old, you know, but uh, that's kind of where I got started. And I started football officially, I guess as a junior in high school on the JB ten and oh B Yates Yates d j's OK, and uh, then I made the varsity in my senior year.
Speaker 2: Uh and uh B Yates, B Yates again. Yeah, B Yates again.
Speaker 7: He's saying that Yates historic school in Texas, especially in the Houston area.
Speaker 10: Yeah, and then uh, no scholarship, no scholarship, gotta walk on at n ai A.
Speaker 2: That was great a high school.
Speaker 10: A kid that I grew up with the same last name, was in the homeroom all the way through, went to college with me five hours away. He was gonna ride home with a guy from Yates. That's twally I'm saying this. I missed the ride.
Speaker 2: I was crying.
Speaker 10: I was homesick. They got kid got killed in a car. I dropped out of college. I went home. A year and a half later, I went back to that college, walked on again, two time, walk on, and was drafted in the first round. So I mean, dude, I don't even know. I can't even that. Ain't gonna beat my chest, don't what could I say? It was just a mercy and the grace of God. So I went to Washington, d C. You met my wife and been there for the two years. So I mean, yeah, it's kind of a it's not a story.
Speaker 2: It's when I said when I hear it.
Speaker 10: I'm like somebody else hearing this story. I can say it every day and this, yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: You matched up against some of the greatest receivers of all time, who were some of the matchups you look forward to going with.
Speaker 10: Well, I only covered the best guy, like you said, but I'm kind of a weird guy. If I gotta play you, you that dude, and you don't play, I'm not mad, you know. You know, man, when you're playing that best guy every game, you don't really you don't have no time outs because every player it might might be that guy.
Speaker 2: This is the dude.
Speaker 10: So you know, I just kind of had a way about myself that I'm gonna be prepared to be successful every play, every game, every time, and no matter who I'm lining up against, Brothers, that that other guy, or that guy. I'll tell you something that I heard. I was telling somebody today. They said, well, you know, guys that talk crap. Maybe y'all talk crap, and this might be in your face, but I think if you really talk a lot of crap, at least in football, I always thought you really just almost not that really sure, And I heard I only heard this, i'n't read it.
Speaker 2: I heard that Muhammad Alist said the same thing.
Speaker 10: That crap, even shalking wasn't really about what we thought it was. It was about him commit taking his step over the time. And I'm okay with that. That's saying this sounds self serving, but I've never I always felt like I'm gonna win.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 10: I'ma win anyway. So boy, that's because I was prepared. So I don't even really talk a lot of crap. But I'm okay, if you line up out here, I'm gonna win.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 10: I don't mean, of course I didn't win every time, but that was my mentality, that involuntary mentality.
Speaker 2: That I'm gonna kick his butt anyway. So show up if you want to show up. If you don't, I don't really care who.
Speaker 4: You are going up against.
Speaker 10: Jerry Rice, Jared Rice, Jared Rice, his offense and his two halls bank quarterback a lot.
Speaker 2: That was tough. And uh, I did enjoy that. I did enjoy that. Jared Rice.
Speaker 10: You know, he probably want to kill me because I've been saying this around the country that Jared Wright wouldn't shake your hand and say what's up? You know, after the game. The game, and maybe y'all are like that, but I'm not like that.
Speaker 4: He was about business.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess he was, and I respect that. But after the game, can we say what's up?
Speaker 10: I mean, when win I told him, I said, man, one day we're gonna be retire.
Speaker 2: Oh I want to say hello.
Speaker 10: It was about you know, people are gonna talk about this, but anyway, I think it's a lot better now.
Speaker 2: But yeah, man, I played against a lot of them.
Speaker 3: Last question, what was your secret to last in twenty years in the NFL when the average player is about two and a half years.
Speaker 10: My whole lifestyle, Yeah, I'm one white thirty nine years.
Speaker 2: Didn't want to didn't want to go to play for no other team.
Speaker 10: Wasn't oh yeah, just throw to work, go home, cut the yard, hang out with your kid. I'm not that dude. I never was that dude. I was never I ain't that dude. I just yeah, it's it's like that earlier story that my whole life is like I can't beat my chest. I can't hold my balls and beat my chest. I don't even know how I explained this. I got nothing to explain. Like five to eighty three quarters started late. How do you walk around beating your chest? I'm just I was grateful for it, but yeah, I just never could get to that place where I.
Speaker 2: Felt like, man, I'm mad.
Speaker 10: Dudes, man, you know what, I can't even wake up and let's God wake me up to them, right, hear you?
Speaker 2: Right? That's just been my philosophers.
Speaker 4: I appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Before you get out of here, can you say one thing to the pumps Dana and there, uh.
Speaker 10: David, appreciate you guys, Dan and David for bringing the middleman.
Speaker 2: Out here from DC.
Speaker 10: This is fabulous and and well with these guys too.
Speaker 2: So uh no, thank you so much.
Speaker 10: Wish you all the best and all the people that you're supporting.
Speaker 2: I'm with you all the way.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we appreciate you man, your night, pleasure to meet you.
Speaker 10: Found appreciation you hotown, yes, sir, and I love me my homie, yes, sir.
Speaker 3: So what I've been messing with for a long time. One of the coolest really smokes down are people I've ever met.
Speaker 4: Cass. Thank you for joining us right now.
Speaker 3: You have been around LA culture, but particularly basketball for a long time.
Speaker 4: You've crossed over and now you're everywhere.
Speaker 3: Nda everywhere you name it from there? Where did your passion for photography come from?
Speaker 4: When?
Speaker 11: First of all, thanks for having me. I've loved this podcast. I've been watching you guys grow. I love everything I know, but I but I'm glad to be here, Like I love it honestly for me, like my dad used to take pictures of meet my brother when I was growing up, just like on some like capturing memory stuff, and so as I got older, I played basketball. But to me, I was so drawn to like capturing the lifestyle of my teammates, the guys team, and then it eventually turned into a job when social media started coming out the NBA lockout twenty eleven, So it was kind of like something I was already passionate about and then through social media I was able to turn it into a career.
Speaker 3: So obviously, I know you're very humble and you take your craft serious. But when did you kind of know that you had made it?
Speaker 11: Ooh, I still feel like I never taught of you like that, because they.
Speaker 4: Are That's what I mean.
Speaker 3: But you're really everywhere though, everybody loves the work for itself. So when did you kind of feel better? When did you start getting recognized when you weren't working.
Speaker 11: How long ago was that, I would say a couple of years after the NBA lockout, So like twenty thirteen.
Speaker 4: I gave someone a business.
Speaker 11: Card and they have my watermark on it, and they were like, oh, I know this name.
Speaker 4: Like they didn't know what.
Speaker 11: I looked like, but they knew my work, they knew my name, and I was like, oh, okay, like this is it. So you know, I think I think that was a big part of it for me, like getting to shoot you know, amazing players and then like you guys showed love. You guys were the first ones that were like, no, we rock with you. Like the Black football games, you were shooting it. I remember one time I came up to you and I asked you.
Speaker 4: To sign a photo.
Speaker 11: I sec at you and you're like, where'd you get this photo? I was like I took it and You're like, oh, this is dope. So to me, like those moments are like Okay, I've made it or I'm on the right path.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So you shot a lot of legendary people. What have been some of the favorite people You've been able to get behind.
Speaker 4: The lens force?
Speaker 11: Ooh, I always feel like, it's really cool when I get to shoot someone like I shot Steph Curry for All Star Weekend in LA and getting to see like how hard he works, how humble he is, Like stuff like that was really cool.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 11: Now I've been shooting even boxing, I've been shooting international. I went to euro League games last year. So I don't know if there's one particular person I really I like all my LA Cali people like I feel like those are the like my base, the people that were around the lockout, the Drew League, that kind of stuff.
Speaker 4: So well, thank you for your time. Tell these people right here where they can find you.
Speaker 11: You can find me on Instagram, Cassie Athena Photo and Cassie Athena everything else.
Speaker 4: Cassie Athena check me out. We appreciate you. Thank you, lug with everything.
Speaker 11: Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 4: Welcome to the Black Carpet.
Speaker 3: Trevor Reza eighteen year NBA Pro Black, ten year NBA BRO eighteen.
Speaker 4: Year NBA Pro NBA Champ. What's up, Bro?
Speaker 1: I was like, man, life is beautiful and here in a place a lot of beautiful people.
Speaker 3: So for you as don't know a lot of you do know, but Tramp's in all this folk family. Now, he made a couple of appearance at the end of the season, but we're really going to get him into the mix, uh this upcoming season. Uh why did you want to get into the content face.
Speaker 2: Because he brought out that's just try something new man.
Speaker 1: I just it's a new laying. I enjoy talking about sports. I enjoy talking about life and the world. I feel like I got a lot to offer. You know, someone, Yeah and pleus. You guys already got the blooprint and you know, did the footwork already.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, come in and bless us. Your son Taja Reasons one of.
Speaker 3: The top twenty twenty six twenty six in the country.
Speaker 4: What has it been like seeing his growth, his development?
Speaker 3: I remember when we were still playing and him and the twins were little, like five or six years old. Now we're seeing our kids trying to prosper. Your kids one of the top recruits in the country. What has it been like kind of developing that in that fine line between teaching and instructing, but then also being dad.
Speaker 2: It's been fun. It's been an experience.
Speaker 1: We had good days, we got bad days, we got growth, we got sometimes we get pushed back. But the good thing about being a father and raising a son that has potential is you cut out all the bullshit that comes with everybody else outside noise. You know, I've been here for eighteen years. You want to do it. This is kind of how you do it, you know. And I don't really let people that don't know what they're talking about tell him about basketball. Yeah, you know, whether it be good or bad, all that, none of that shit matters because while they talking good about you today, tomorrow they're gonna be talking bad.
Speaker 3: About exactly before we get out of your favorite Kobe memory.
Speaker 1: Favorite Kobe memory, Well, one of my Kobe memories was I think we were playing in Golden State one year at the Whole Oracle and he had pulled his growing in like the third quarter.
Speaker 2: We finished the game with like forty four.
Speaker 3: And is playing and is playing on a pull growing.
Speaker 2: Team.
Speaker 4: Oh, you just didn't know.
Speaker 2: You probably remember.
Speaker 4: All that, but we appreciate you. Welcome to the family, obviously, I'll joy yourself tonight.
Speaker 3: Jack has been a great couple of days, some amazing interviews.
Speaker 12: And ship Man.
Speaker 3: We owe it all to these two guys to our left. I've known them Ray when when were thirteen fourteen we went to a fourth.
Speaker 9: Of everybody met them as teenagers.
Speaker 3: Fourth of July Pump Party. I got me a couple older hoes from the party. I've been known Dana and David Man over thirty years, and two the most solid individuals I've ever met. Will give you the shirt off their back. Always looked out for a lot of people. Anyone wanted to take the lead and tell them why we're here this weekend and talk about your thank you, your parents.
Speaker 13: We're here and Carol Pump Foundation honor my mother and father and start twenty fourth year. Our Pump Foundation is given way over thirteen million. I say given away, not rais. And that's our legacy for mom and dad and north Ridge Hospital, the community we live in. We have three wings named after him, the Harold and Carroll Pump Oncology, the Pump Family Infusion Center, and the Carroll Pump Woman Center. So our legacy is in place. We've planned thousands of seeds and obviously here we are twenty four years later. The seeds have grown.
Speaker 3: Now has the gala growing over the years, because you guys have the biggest stars in the world at your events.
Speaker 12: Well, you know what, it's funny, Matt. You know, Dana and I when you.
Speaker 14: First start, we don't really know what we're doing, but being twins, we just throw it out and sticks. And our first year we honored John Wooden and looking back, one of the great college coaches of all time. Then we had in the early days, Pat Summit, and you know, it's just grown from there and looking back, the greatest of them all, Muhammad Ali, Hank Aaron, Denzel Washington, Sandy Kofax. But Dana can share the story. There's stories behind getting some of the big celebrities.
Speaker 13: The one year we went, uh, Laila Ali said, my stepmom says she'll meet meet with you. So I called Lannie and she goes, yeah, we're in Phoenix, come and meet Muhammad and I.
Speaker 12: We take them to.
Speaker 13: Houston's and we get to lunch and Lannie goes, wow, you guys are really cute.
Speaker 12: Girls don't say that often. We got this one, you know.
Speaker 13: So Lannie says that Mohammad would like to know who you're honoring. And at the time we never talked to Hank, Aaron and Denzel, but sometimes you got a head fake in say we got you know, Hank Aaron and Denzel Washington. They looked and said, that's incredible. We walked outside of the restaurant and said, we ain't never talked to them, but we got it. We got it done. Sometimes you got the little head fake, you know.
Speaker 3: So to me, what is the what is the secret sauce to getting in? And I mean, obviously you guys are great communicators, but what is the secret sauce getting in with all these people?
Speaker 12: You know what?
Speaker 14: You know, the first thing, they're going to get double team if Dana and I get an opportunity. We flew up to meet with Joe Montana and Dana and I were excited.
Speaker 12: We didn't really have an in with him.
Speaker 14: And we sit down at Willie mccovey's sports bar and we said to Joe and his wife. We said, Joe, we need one more comeback.
Speaker 12: It was done.
Speaker 13: What do you need me to I think I think our real secret sauces you got to get the wifes involved or their girlfriends. They moved the needle. I like the dominique. You know, it's been hoodwinking me for twenty years. I met the new girlfriend at the All Star of the Wife. Yeah, I went up and kissed up. You know, hey, I'm Dana pumping. She liked us, and she goes, oh, we're doing this.
Speaker 3: So Dana, obviously, you know, helped us get every guest we had this weekend. It's just funny you say that because he sent me girlfriends, daughters and wives numbers like here, you want to get ahold of Dominique. Here, hit this, you want to get a hold of so and so.
Speaker 2: Hit them.
Speaker 14: I'm just like, you know, Matt looking back twenty four years, he's spent a great journey and to honor all our heroes, everyone's heroes. I remember Dana and I went to go spend a couple hours with Hank Aaron and we're.
Speaker 13: Like, god, damn, this is Hank Karen right then, Dana and I facts. I love when people tell us you can't do it. He don't like to do it. They said, oh, Sandy ain't gonna do nothing. I said, okay, let me figure out how we can get to him. I mean, we just tried to resonate, you know, if we have to say we're Jewish. You know, I had a black heart up and saying, look at my kids.
Speaker 2: We're going to make it work. Make it warm.
Speaker 13: But hey, you know, Nolan, you know, like people that don't know us will say, well, they're full of shit.
Speaker 12: No, no, no, no.
Speaker 13: We couldn't have got where we got by not reciprocating our.
Speaker 12: More. Our logo is you help people to help you. That's how we go period. It does. And you know, next year is going to be the twenty fifth year we've heard about the White Party.
Speaker 14: And you know, Dana has two young kids. They're still trying to figure out why they have two daddies, and I keep saying on their own. You know, after next year we're going to decide what we're going to do moving forward. But Dana and I it keeps us in tune with everyone, and we're passionate. This is this is an amazing thing. We're in the red zone tonight. I'm fired up.
Speaker 13: You know, when I leave here, it's on we go down there. You know, Smoky, how'd you wrangle Snoop?
Speaker 3: We've been hugging on the phone for a couple of weeks about that deal relationships.
Speaker 13: And you know, I really do feel if we can get in front of people and tell our story about mom and dad, and you know, when people start making calls, we're legit, we're you know, and I have five hundred publicists. These girls call you hey one, so and so, like I never heard of them. You know, you just we're fired up for tonight.
Speaker 3: Let's take it back obviously, you know the event is amazing. But we met you back in the day. You know, talk to us a little bit. How you guys got into basketball, Adidas particular, and just how many kids you guys helped get to the next level.
Speaker 14: You know, Matt, like, now it's changed, as we all know how the game is. Dan and I got into the game where there weren't a lot of players in the games, and there was two of us and may rest his soul is he Washington had a great platform. And then the new kids came in, the two young twins, and you know.
Speaker 12: We started the pumping run. Our first big.
Speaker 14: Star was a c Earl from the Earl. He had fifty in a game. No one believes that he did have fifty. And you know, growing up, I remember going to Shamanad High School and Saint Sean Camp and you know gog yeah, going to uh Vegas to the North South Gym to see all the big players.
Speaker 12: And then Dana and I were.
Speaker 14: Able to build our own platform, and you know, we got.
Speaker 12: A lot of help.
Speaker 13: But you know, we started with our day camp, like Lamar Murray was there, all the Murray's. That was our little day camp. Then we started the West Coast All Star Camp. We had thousands of kids and they came to our thing. Then we started the first Juco camp. Then we started an executive search firm where the Pumps hired you know, colleges coaches like Bruce Pearl and you know, then we were hustling tickets for all the schools and now the school now the schools are big in the ticket business and I kind of looked like we were pioneers and we were way ahead of our time. We leveraged our relationship with the Didas and you know, definitely Sonny Vackiro was our mentor and George Rawvin that paved the way and legitimized us. You know, when we were doing exhibition games, you got to remember we probably had five hundred kids. Gelan and mcgoy, McCoy playing on the team, I think Ray did, but we played the different colleges and it was all about one thing relationships. Then we started a coach's retreat and we flew in athletic directors once again, getting games, getting tickets, getting anything done is about relationships. So I look, we were way ahead of our time. We did a lot of good in basketball, you know, and you know our legacy, you know, we did real thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they always looked at.
Speaker 14: And the thing is we were cowboys, you know, the Pump Brothers. You know, early on, you know, a DS and like, who are these aggressive young kids? But you know, Dana and I, you know, yeah, there was no but we knew how to push, and you know, we built a great platform. Looking back, our first big recruiting camps were a cal Cal Poly Pomona, and I just remember all the great kJ Roberts was a great player, Omar.
Speaker 12: Gibbons, these were all great players from all around.
Speaker 13: Then we look at our team, Paul George, Clay Thompson, all the holidays. You know, we've had so many NBA superstars, Mario Chalmers. I remember we were in Vegas and this Alaska team beat the shit out of us, and the next day I said, oh no, we're starting an Alaska run. And then they did the Ed Manning deal with Danny Manning. They hired the dad and that's how Mario went there.
Speaker 3: Any remember those stories with Kobe or t Meck.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I was working for arm tell him and I flew to Philadelphia and Bruiser Flint. His dad said, hey, let's go watch him, and Arn told me to go watch them. I watched him and I said, let's go at half. This boy better stay in cool. Oh really, little did I know that I do? So he spoke at ours at the West Coast All Star Camp.
Speaker 12: Is a great story.
Speaker 13: I picked him up off the Marriot, off of Roastcrans not there no more by the old Houstons, and Kobe says, pick me up at five hop was gonna get some shots up with him. I show up at five thirty and he checked me. He said, Pump, don't ever be late. And here's a kid that was sixteen years old checking him.
Speaker 12: Man.
Speaker 13: And then when I would see him, you know, I never had a great relationship with him, but I mean, he was just so driven off the charts. And you know, when you think about Tracy McGrady, you know, now you know everyone would know about him, but he went to Sonny Vaciero's camp.
Speaker 14: No one knew how knew about him. Yeah, he had one of his handles, Alvin H. Smith, Alvin Smith, and he blew up and went down there.
Speaker 3: Remember that summer Florida flash Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, sixteen.
Speaker 12: Yeah, he did that on everybody.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was before we knew him.
Speaker 3: There was there was the summer he was put on the map we played.
Speaker 14: Yeah, and you know it's it's it's really hard for that to happen today because there's so much social media. But it was a great story and you know, I love you know, I've been wrong. I told Sonny, hey, there's a kid in Diamond bar California, Keith Van Horne.
Speaker 12: I said, I don't think he can play. Well, I was wrong. He was a ten year plus player.
Speaker 14: And you know, I think the most important thing is our platform was given has helped so many kids, even if it's a Division three, Division two, that's what it's about. And you know what, there's some great people now it's in their hands.
Speaker 13: We missed the relationships like when Klay Thompson blairbirths, he's still mister Pump when he sees us and we just met mom and dad. They got a He was with Pat Barry and they play with us.
Speaker 9: And it's genuine though. That's I think that's why you know, you guys know who you are. While people don't mind pulling up y'all know, that's why I do because every time I seen y'all, y'all the same people, the respect has always been the same, So there's no need not to.
Speaker 4: AU.
Speaker 3: What do you think of the current AU state?
Speaker 12: What do you guys think?
Speaker 13: Crazy?
Speaker 12: Crazy? I'm not a big fan of it.
Speaker 14: You know, I do think, you know, the kids were getting taken advantage for years. I do think they have to have someone policing what's going on because it's really the wild, wild West, and you know, I do feel like players should get paid some type of money in college, and I think they are going to get paid, and I just think they need to come with some kind of form to uh where it's kind of an even thing for the BCS schools and uh you know it's here and if a coach doesn't want to play by it, you're not going to get plays over.
Speaker 3: Last question, your five top five people you haven't got that you still want to get Brady.
Speaker 13: Brady Brady for sure, Lebron dreams, Lebron for sure, Serena Williams Serena.
Speaker 12: Two more Obama. Oh, we're gonna honor a white person. One dime y.
Speaker 2: You didn't know the pumps. You think we were Washington?
Speaker 12: What's that? Jordan already?
Speaker 13: Now you know what we want our goal and we try every year, but I get stopped. The Dream Team. It would be the biggest night in sports history. We would scalp every ticket and get ten times or about it. No, No, we want to honor the Dream Team for the twenty fifth anniversary. We could sell out the we do a Netflix special. It would be big money. You gotta let the guys eat on the bone.
Speaker 12: But let them eat.
Speaker 14: But like Dana and I, we would need a Magic Johnson to help.
Speaker 13: Spirit or the guy at Fanatics. We need someone. Yeah, we need a real whaler man. This is your motherfucking camera here. Tell them what you need, Michael, if you ever want to help two young Jewish kids, and I gotta use go Jewish Na.
Speaker 9: We have the doc connection, the best doc connector in the world on our team.
Speaker 14: Yes, being he can connect all of that what I'm.
Speaker 13: Saying, it would be great for this city. Magic, I'm sure you're gonna watch this You've been my boy since we're little kids, and you stepped up.
Speaker 12: For the dinner tonight.
Speaker 13: You do so much but the dream team, but I want to it's not just David and Dana. We want our city, this city to celebrate, celebrated.
Speaker 3: Absolutelyful man. We want to thank you guys and definitely give you your flowers because again you told us a little bit about what you do, but there's just so much shit that no one sees or hears about this that you guys do. You guys always have had the biggest heart since you know, me and Ray were thirteen fourteen years old, and just really appreciate you having us and everything you do. And we hopefully we can make this an annual event with you guys.
Speaker 9: So I don't go to events like this, but last night I had one of the best times of my life.
Speaker 2: You. I appreciate you to invite me.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I don't appreciate you guys.
Speaker 14: Back her tell everyone for twenty four years we've had a board.
Speaker 2: Prince. Hey, that's a wrap, ain't that?
Speaker 3: David Pump. We're here at the twenty twenty four Pump Gala. If you missed it.
Speaker 2: Sorry, well check my pictures.
Speaker 9: My Instagram.
Speaker 3: Try to be here next year. Man, We'll see you guys again, hm.