Speaker 1: Hi. Hi, we're getting right to it. You always look so disgusted when you're with me.
Speaker 2: I'm not Why would I be discussed?
Speaker 1: You just have like this disgusted face. The camera's cloudy too a little bit. Did you win the last time? You wipe that camera clean?
Speaker 2: Well, I have a camera cover on it, so but.
Speaker 1: That cover could be dirty. No, you don't have to. You don't have to do it. No I should, I should, No, no, no, it should just be before. What are you using to do it with your dirty finger? It is? Now? Your look? It looked like there was like a little basoline on it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I just rubbed basoline all over my computer.
Speaker 1: I mean sometimes maybe it's on your fingers. You did put those stupid finger condoms on it. You wasted all of them. I don't understand why you did that.
Speaker 2: I actually put them back in the box.
Speaker 1: You can't do that now they're not sterile.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because again I don't really understand what they're used for.
Speaker 1: Start the show, please, and then we'll talk about condoms on fingers. Just start. Oh I hate this one, I hate it. Get it out together. That's how we were all. What's on the calendar, Today's April sixth. It's Wednesday. Welcome to Wednesday. Today's my brother's birthday. Happy birthday, Evan.
Speaker 2: It's my birthday month. Yeah, I'm not a birthday month person. I'm not someone that usually says that. But happy almost birthday to me, and happy birthday to your brother.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 1: The calendar also says Persian Gulf War ends nineteen ninety one? Where were you in nineteen ninety one? Born? Actually no, I was still in my mom's stomach. You weren't born yet. You were almost born, right, Yeah, you were kicking. You were kicking your way out. I was. I remember where I was.
Speaker 3: I dude, that's so.
Speaker 1: I was working. You weren't even born yet. I was working at Richie's Discount. And I remember because yellow ribbons everywhere. People had yellow ribbons all over because the war thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the war thing.
Speaker 1: Yep. Yeah, that's the store where I used to purchase or for the store, the cigarettes and candy. That was my job. Huh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I wasn't born. I was still just it's German eating.
Speaker 1: Is that the word? Sure? They had a fifteen year old in charge of ordering cigarettes. I mean that's how things were in the late eighties early nineties.
Speaker 2: It sounds very safe, sounds very affordable.
Speaker 1: I got to order all the weird ones though that nobody smoked. But I would just order them for the shop. I had this checklist. There was no computers. I had a checklist and I would check off the ones that we needed to order, and then most of them would sit there for years because nobody smoked Barclay's.
Speaker 2: Didn't Nancy Reagan say not to smoke.
Speaker 1: No, I forget who they don't smoke? People are Oh, that was the cigarette mash in the late eighties. So who pull it up on your phone please? It was a PSA and yes, Andrew, I had the poster on my wall. It was called the cigarette mash and you could send away for it was from the Ad Council, you know. It was one of those things. It was in the time of McGruff and woodsy owl. What a cigarette and mash? Cigarette mash.
Speaker 3: We don't need them anymore.
Speaker 2: I can't cigarette mash.
Speaker 1: Yeah PSA, Oh my god, yeah, go ahead play it. Let's see.
Speaker 2: This was a New York State Archives thing.
Speaker 1: That's fine, I had. I had the poster on my wall and was this only New York or do you think so? No, I don't think so. I think it was a national campaign.
Speaker 2: Cigarette Mash nineteen eighty five.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that sounds about right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, called the cigarette mash.
Speaker 1: I'm done. Way, No, we don't need him anymore. Hold on, wait, don't hear I don't churn it off yet. Come on?
Speaker 2: Definitely, well that was an accident.
Speaker 1: I want to do the cigarette mash. To do it, get up and start, give with.
Speaker 3: It, give up the smoke, and get the cigarette mash post New York State Health Department, five two thousand, Albany, New York one s T two oh.
Speaker 1: Albany cigarette mash. You don't need a man anymore? Are you ready for the cigarette mash?
Speaker 2: The fact that you know like that just pop. I can't.
Speaker 1: I had that poster on my wall.
Speaker 2: Between your dare paraphernalia, your mash, cigarette mash, whatever that was.
Speaker 1: I was also in the Smoky the Bear. It's not Smoky the Bear anymore, but then it was Smoky the Bear. I was in the fan club and would say the Owl. I was in both fan clubs.
Speaker 2: Shocked that you had friends.
Speaker 1: Why truly? Why?
Speaker 2: Because I just feel like you were the nark of the group. I know you weren't, but.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you these things were all from that book. I told you it was one thousand and one things you can get free, and so I wrote it and sent away for everything.
Speaker 2: So you just felt you needed to get the cigarette mash poster. Yes, that was just something that you need it in your life.
Speaker 1: I saw that your life. Was it complete without it? No, I thought it was great. Cigarette and mash, cigarette mash. We don't need them anymore. Cigarette mash. You gotta put on your leg warmers and tease your hair up.
Speaker 2: I mean, what would it be for jewels nowadays?
Speaker 1: Or vapes?
Speaker 2: Because all the kids are vaping, they need to see this is the problem. They're not doing this for the vapes now well, because now they're just like you're gonna die, and you wanna die. AD campaigns are not like so nutty like they were in the eighties. Yeah, because clearly that worked. Everyone just stopped smoking cigarettes.
Speaker 1: I actually started right after that. I was gonna say why not.
Speaker 2: Now you'd get your leg warmers on and be like, I just want a cigarette mash.
Speaker 1: I was a social smoker in high school. I'll go ahead and say it. I'll admit it. I don't care.
Speaker 2: I think you have in the past.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And there's like there's like one or two pictures of me on the Z one hundred party patrol, like at bars and Hoboken, you know, holding a cigarette. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, nowadays I could see you doing it and being like, oh my.
Speaker 1: God, my lungs, my precious and yeah, well no, toward the end of my social smoking days and in like the mid to late nineties, I would physically get sick, not like throw up sick, I would get a cold, and I'd be like, oh my god, that's what it is. And so it disgusts me.
Speaker 2: Now, well, now they just need to get rid of the vapes because the vapes are bad.
Speaker 1: Well, then what's left for kids to do? Not anything like that. Oh, I don't know these teenagers, Andrew.
Speaker 2: I mean, those things are insane. And the worst part is that I really thought, I really thought for a hot second they were going to try and do something about it.
Speaker 1: And then they did. They didn't because you know what they did.
Speaker 2: Now, they don't make them rechargeable, they don't give you another cartridge, but you could still go out and buy watermelon smash vapes.
Speaker 1: Well, it doesn't do anything. Didn't they get rid of all the flavored stuff? They outlawed them in many places.
Speaker 2: Need to start it, we need to start the campaign. Let's let's look up maybe we could do it to this.
Speaker 1: What are you doing? Isn't that our commercial races are cool?
Speaker 2: Babes, aren't cool? Stomp out with your shoe?
Speaker 1: Babe?
Speaker 3: So cool?
Speaker 1: No, babe, so cool? I see where you're trying to dump them out with your shoe. It's no.
Speaker 2: I mean, it would be great if I had some, you know, support, I'm trying to a songwriting know what I have.
Speaker 1: I actually have a picture of the cigarette mash poster on my wall, and I'm just trying to find it because I don't think you believe me. I do.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, I don't think you understand. I want one hundred percent believe how much one hundred percent believe that you had a cigarette mash poster up?
Speaker 1: Anybody would? It would be you?
Speaker 2: And I wouldn't even be surprised if you go home today and you send me a shot a picture in your attic, being like, look, I found it.
Speaker 1: That's entirely possible. I feel like I might have rolled it up and kept it just for nostalgia sake. A hundred again, A hundred percent you did. No, you know what, you can't say one hundred percent because it's not one hundred percent. I might have. And when you do find it, you know what, I'm going to write back to you what. I'm going to send you the one hundred emoti that's fine, and then I'll put a percent after it, because the hundred all its own doesn't mean singing a d We don't need a man anymore. All right? So eighties ad campaigns love that, right? Yeah again, I only will you just picked your nose.
Speaker 2: I didn't.
Speaker 1: I went like this on camera, looked like you did like that.
Speaker 3: Give a hoot.
Speaker 1: Don't pollute Andy, you you? I just They change a lot of the taglines because it used to be only you can't prevent forest fires. I remember that, but it's not. They change it now it's only you can prevent wildfires. What happened to what? And it's the guy with the big mustache, he's the smoky the bear. Now smoky Bear, it's not the bear anymore? Smoky bear? Is it?
Speaker 2: The guy who was in Blue Bloods.
Speaker 1: It could be ash he was in the the Gaga Millie movie, No Lady Gaga. And what's the name, Oh, Sam, Sam something or other? The guy with the voice like this, Yes, he's Smoky Bear guy with the voice like what he has that voice, that really deep voice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but so does the guy from Blue Blood's.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Look it up and see who the voice of a Smoky Bear.
Speaker 2: His name's not Sam Champion, but I know it's Sam something, not Sam R.
Speaker 1: Sam Champions. The turtleneck guy on Channel seven.
Speaker 2: And let me tell you something. He's got to change those turtlenecks. Somebody's got to tell him. He's looking like a super villain every day he comes out and does the weather.
Speaker 1: I think that he's been there for so long. Like once, once you're like a fixture at a television station, you can wear whatever the hell you want and get away with it. Yeah, he wears these sneakers with a turtleneck and just whatever. And then when he gets serious, you know, he puts the jacket on Sam Elliott. Sam Elliott, Yeah, I' pretty sure that's that's who it is. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I feel like I could be a good Smokey the Bear.
Speaker 1: It's Smoky Bear the Bear. I don't know why, but the the is not there anymore, just smoky bear older.
Speaker 2: You can prevent force fires, wildfires, wildfire change exact guy, I guess, why should you guess?
Speaker 1: It's all right? But I don't think you could do it the same way every time. That's the thing with voice actors. Like if I was a voice actor like Penelope uh Rhinoceros that we did for whatever the holmost cereal, I don't think that I could do the guys. I don't think I could do the same voice every time. That always scared me. I was like, you know what, I want to be a voice actor like that, But I don't think I could do the same voice every time. I really don't. I just don't think I could.
Speaker 2: Know what I'm picking up on a lot that you're doing today. The coffee gross, No, every time you're talking, you keep talking like that.
Speaker 1: Why I don't know.
Speaker 2: It's like you'll be making a point and then it'll you'll come.
Speaker 1: Back, but you're just a cigurette mash Andrew. It's like my breath is taking my breath away. I guess.
Speaker 2: So seriously, got to get those high kickers off or leg warmers warm. They were called they came back for a minute. Everything is trying to come back. I mean, the nineties fashion is really trying hard. I get so pissed off every time I see people wear the small small glasses, or like the neon framed glasses, or the j N Coo jeans, or just the baggy clothing or just it's just annoying to me. I cannot stand gen Z kids in the nineties obsession. It's weird to me.
Speaker 1: I said something to you about some genes from the eighties last week, and you're like, wat's that? And I was it Vidal Sassoon? Was it la?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: It was uh la la Sassoon?
Speaker 2: And you were like, what, Yeah, I don't know what that is.
Speaker 1: They're jeans. I don't even know what I would type in put in eighties. Just put in Sassoon commercial eighties and it's ooh la la Sassoon or was it Sassoon? I don't know how that was.
Speaker 2: The Fact that they were genes commercials in the eighties is cracking me up.
Speaker 1: Why there's been Genes commercials forever? Wranglers, Levi's Sassoon jeans?
Speaker 2: I do remember? Actually cigarette ads in magazines they got rid of those though.
Speaker 1: I remember those two and they used to be on TV. They got like you would put the Flintstones on and they would let you see he's looking at her ass. That's so not okay, hey baby, he's gonna get a strike now, okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the eighties were such a weird time.
Speaker 1: By the way, that's every Chips episode is that. That's it? Seriously? Oh La La Sayson, Like that was Loo Panela old baseball guy and like this girl's bending over and he's looking at her ass jeans and then he scores.
Speaker 2: Yeah, of I feel eighties commercials and even nineties commercials it would be like, are you a nerd?
Speaker 1: No, you're not.
Speaker 2: Guess what if you wear this, you're cool?
Speaker 1: Pretty much?
Speaker 2: There are people yep. Oddly, it's like none of these commercials yet, creeper, where are jeans that?
Speaker 1: None of them would fly today? No, not a single one. Wish you just have a whole episode devoted to like eighties hilarity. I mean it's Cobby, Hey, buddy, what's up? I see I see you called, but I couldn't I couldn't answer. Yeah, oh La La Cson. He's a he's a big eighties guy.
Speaker 2: Does he want to.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I wish, I wish he would come around, came here.
Speaker 2: I'll open the door.
Speaker 1: Yere, I got it, I got it. Okay, what's up, buddy. Yes, we're recording Bowl Chat. This is the sister podcast to Serial Killers. So you're not going to edit this out. No, no, no, this is We don't edit this one at all. Everything stays in. Okay, Well, how you doing good? Do you remember the cigarette mash?
Speaker 3: The cigarette mash the eighties? No? No, okay, Well what was it? It was?
Speaker 1: It was an anti smoking campaign in the eighties.
Speaker 3: Oh, I was a monster mash pair.
Speaker 1: No, it was a girl with leg warmers and they all danced and sang cigarette mash and they would stomp on all the cigarette butts.
Speaker 3: Really.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we were talking about eighties. Uh, you know eighties like ad campaigns and PSA stuff, Woodsy the Owl and Smoky Bear, those guys, the don't litter guy. Oh yeah, the crying Indian. You can't say that anymore, you can't. You gotta be careful. He's a crying he was sad. He's a sad Native Americas. People are throwing ship out in the yard. Well, he's an indigenous person. What is that? What it's called? Now? Indigenous people? Hi? Andrew?
Speaker 3: What are y'all doing? Can I have some cereal? If I seriously? Can I take a one box home take out?
Speaker 1: You can take the bag from inside the box one but we need to keep the boxes for display.
Speaker 3: Okay, the reason I came in, And I'll let you get back to your show.
Speaker 1: No, you can sit down and hang out. We have an extra mic.
Speaker 3: Do you do you work Saturday mornings anymore?
Speaker 1: On Idea? I do? Yes?
Speaker 3: Will you be here around eight thirty tomorrow morning? I will not be here, but I will be working. Oh yes, all right, Well we had a we had an employee friend at light FM left her badge here and she's on the air tomorrow. Oh and she can't get up here. Oh I'm sorry anyway. Yeah, so what are we talking about?
Speaker 1: Did you pull up a seat? We just talk about whatever?
Speaker 3: What's this podcast called? I'm confused?
Speaker 1: So you know what? And I should really, I should really explain this to everybody, because Andrew thinks that everyone just understands, but they don't. So we have a podcast called Serial Killers right where we talk about cereal.
Speaker 3: And that's what I thought this was going what was happening?
Speaker 1: So when we eat cereal and we let you know how it is, blah blah blah. So then Andrew came up with this brilliant idea, right, he wanted to do another podcast called bowl Chat where we just talk about whatever bowl like bowl like a ball like cereal bull all right, or a pot right, no, no, smoke a bowl. Sure that. But the whole thing, the whole thing is that I feel like people that are coming to listen to the podcast for serial Talk, right, listen to this and they're like, I don't understand. I thought it should be too, a completely different podcast, Like if you go to the serial Killer's logo, you hear this. Oh it's not. It's not a separate podcast.
Speaker 3: This conversation is more mass appeal though, right exactly, because you're either a serial fan or not for the serial killers.
Speaker 1: That's the thing.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much. Well, Andrew is such a pro he I came in here. He's got headphones already. I wish I wish you would have gotten you a mic. Stand Why why is it on a video though? Oh no, w it's on video too. People like to watch the the insanity. I can't stay long.
Speaker 1: You don't have to go, You don't have to stay on.
Speaker 3: How many episodes? I don't hear shit? Right now?
Speaker 1: We don't curse on this one.
Speaker 3: Oh, we don't know, can you? Oh? There you go.
Speaker 1: We try not to curse, but it's okay.
Speaker 3: How many episodes? Like what episode is this?
Speaker 1: I don't know? Seven hundred and fifty seven? I have no idea we're actually a two fifty. No, because we don't number these, we're probably well over three hundred.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and need how many of you get a week? Like people listening?
Speaker 1: Andrew thinks that he does, but he just throws numbers out there.
Speaker 2: Gotti doesn't understand numbers, like whatever, Okay, I need. I have questions because you have been friends with Scotty for a.
Speaker 3: Very long Oh yeah, thirty? Has it been thirty years?
Speaker 2: Come closer to the camera. That's way we could get him in. No, no, no, all right.
Speaker 3: Juvenile, back that thing up.
Speaker 2: So you've been friends with Scott for a very long nineteen ninety six, I met Scott with the gold chain hanging out of his shirt.
Speaker 1: Gold chain? Can tell? Can we talk about the first night that we met each other? So my girlfriend had just broke done something stupid and I'm fat.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: We didn't me too, We didn't. We were like on the verge of breaking up whatever she she like screwed me over. And so Cubby's first night, it was like the crossover where I would come into the studio when he was finished and he'd be like, hey, man, and I threw my backpack down on the table. My big fat gold chain is hanging out right, And what did I say?
Speaker 3: I don't remember the exact words, but you're like, fucking chick man. It took her to of Ahamas and and and you were like, I'm like, wow, this is typical New Yorker right here. He's coming right out of the gate here with fucking shit. And you had your I'm sorry we can't cuss on this, but it happened. But then you had your You were like so new York to me, and I'm like this guy, I don't know if he's my friend yet or if I'm going to be an enemy with this guy. I really know what And now he ended up being my best friend.
Speaker 1: We became lifelong friends, right, lifelong friends, and Spa ribs and chocolate milk came later than that right.
Speaker 3: Spa ribs and chocolate milk was a quote that I said one time to you. We were talking about like, you know, when you're on the teetering, on the age of on the edge of vomiting. Yeah, and I'm like, you know what, eat some spare ribs and chocolate milk. Put that in your tummy, and that'll just do it. That'll put you over the edge.
Speaker 1: So I brought in spa ribs and chocolate milk.
Speaker 3: One night and we tried it and it was good. It was actually pretty good. But if you're teetering, maybe you know that you know when you have to throw up, you don't want to, but you know you better you did, right.
Speaker 1: Speaking of teetering, do you remember when we went to Virginia Beach and we went to Harris Teeter the supermarket. Of course we've never heard of it until then, that's right, And we went and we bought. This is how juvenile that we were and still kind of ore, you know whatever. So we went and we bought all kinds of products, sauces and fruits and things, and we would just like drive over them with the car, like we would stop in the street and put out a bottle of barbecue sauce and just like spin the wheels over it until it exploded.
Speaker 3: Well, think of the money we spent too on something that was just being blown up, or like we would spend andrew like fifty sixty dollars and then run over mustard and ketchup and.
Speaker 1: But it was loads of fun. Really it was on Friday, and.
Speaker 3: Then when Jackass came out, we were like, we were doing this shit for years.
Speaker 2: That's right, He's always claimed this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's right. I have videos from way before Jackass that were much Jackass here. Well not really, We're not.
Speaker 3: Like we never did anything where we hurt ourselves. We never did a golf cart over a rock and all that, but we came close. I mean we were the king of pranks for sure.
Speaker 1: I really think that. And I think it would be a huge TikTok thing, like we should put out old videos of our shenanigans, you know, in like fifteen twenty second clips, ones that wouldn't imitate anybody from anything.
Speaker 3: Well, like Frank and the shaving cream. Yeah, like that one stands out. Frank is a good friend of ours. He was asleep on his couch and we put shaving cream all over his mountha.
Speaker 1: No, we put shaving cream in his hand and then you tickled him or something and we ran away and I put the camera on. He goes and he slammed his hand on his face and he got shaving cream. But the thing is that would that be funny to other people? Or is it just funny to us because we lived it and we knew him.
Speaker 3: No, No, it would be funny to other people, because how many times do you laugh at TikTok people? You don't know? You're right and you and you'll, So why not let's repurpose something.
Speaker 1: I really think that I should sit down with that tape and I should just make quick snippets and we should make a TikTok channel and just put these things on there. And I think it would be huge.
Speaker 2: You had to cut video.
Speaker 1: I don't there it is.
Speaker 3: What's the prob? That's good? Point? Andrew?
Speaker 2: Well, most of them are think it's put in my lap and then you didn't cut it right.
Speaker 1: Most of them are did well because you don't know. That's the thing. You don't really know the footage.
Speaker 3: Most of them.
Speaker 1: Most of them are digitized now, so I have them on a on a stick somewhere. But I don't know. I just it's a big project. But it's something i'd like to do one day because I think, you know, those tapes should have a second life.
Speaker 3: I'm just happy you have it on tape. Yeah, you have like a good three hours of footage, right, three hundred No, but when you put together the best of oh yeah, the two combined me for three hours.
Speaker 1: Sure. But now I'm thinking, like, if we go back and watch all the footage that is not on the best of stuff, there's probably some really good things there too. People that are dead, you know, stuff like that.
Speaker 3: Right right, Well, they not because of what we did.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, I'm.
Speaker 3: Just not old.
Speaker 1: Just just you know, people from our past that are no longer with.
Speaker 3: Us, right right. Do you know where they are, by the way, because I think there seems to be an urban legend that we always lose them.
Speaker 1: No, They're in my basement. I have every single one of them, and I have them all labeled, so I know what's on all of those.
Speaker 3: Andrew, do you remember when I am Of course you don't remember. Did you hear what I scared Scottie at my house?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: He was getting ready for a shower.
Speaker 1: No, you'd love it because I scare very easily right, you know that because people do it here all the time.
Speaker 3: He was getting ready for a shower, and he was staring at himself in the mirror, naked, naked, just staring at himself. And he didn't shut the door all away. It was cracked, And so I turned the video camera on. The video cameras back in the day came with little captions. They would automatically would show up like Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas, and.
Speaker 1: Our new baby was stuck on it it.
Speaker 3: Said our new baby or yeah, I did it said our new baby. And I go who because.
Speaker 1: Ah, And I ripped the curtains.
Speaker 3: Ripped the curtain down, covered his junke. That would that would win money on AFV It might.
Speaker 1: I don't know why we never sent that in.
Speaker 3: I think a lot of people didn't understand the whole caption on there though they don't know there was I was just gooving off right that that would would not have made any sad. How many minutes into this are we?
Speaker 1: Who knows? Did we go about an hour?
Speaker 3: Oh wow, twenty minutes it's a commercial break.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, well we'll be back more with Cubby right after this.
Speaker 3: No, I'm leaving. This is great, I really.
Speaker 1: And we're back.
Speaker 3: Oh hey, what's going on?
Speaker 1: This is a very professional setting. Yeah, I love it.
Speaker 3: Don't you think the better podcast are the ones that don't get edited. They're not overthought.
Speaker 1: It's funny because not edited. It's funny because for the first maybe one hundred and fifty two hundred episodes of Serial Killers, I would scrutinize everything and I would edit everything in the vox pro over there, right, you know, and I would take out all the breaths and the uzz and the whatever is because I just thought a cleaner podcast. I thought people like to hear a more quality product. But since we started using the Superman box here, I don't waste my time doing that anymore. And it sounds fine because it's just natural. Just is what it is.
Speaker 3: Andrew, you know, what do you bring to the table?
Speaker 1: The microphones? That's it? Thanks Scott.
Speaker 2: I basically am just here to call Scott old.
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: How old are you now? Though I'm gonna be thirty one?
Speaker 3: God?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 3: How old are you when you started here?
Speaker 1: I was an intern at eighteen? Yeah.
Speaker 3: Wow, I can't believe like thirty, you're still young. He was born in nineteen ninety one. That is nuts.
Speaker 2: It's we could actually today quote unquote is what is it? Persian Golf Remembrance Day?
Speaker 1: That's right, Yeah, the Persian Golf War ended on this day in nineteen ninety one.
Speaker 2: I wasn't born yet.
Speaker 1: Remember the yellow ribbons all over the place?
Speaker 3: Forgot how short it was then because it started in January.
Speaker 1: Right, Oh, I don't, I don't know. I just I just I just remember how patriotic everybody was at the time. I told Andrew, And that's it brought up the cigarette thing. I was working in the store at the time, and we were selling yellow ribbon by the by the spoolful because everyone was tying them around the trees and stuff. And that's when I was ordering cigarettes for the store, because that's what I did when I was fifteen.
Speaker 2: Did you know him when he smoked cigarettes socially?
Speaker 1: Early on? Probably early on, yeah, very early on the promotion days. Yes, we would go to the bars and Hoboken or wherever. And yeah, was it to foo to quit or were you doing it so casually? No matter? No, I like I was telling, Andrew just started making me physically ill, So I just please don't fart. Oh, come on, peace, Christ did you really just fart into the mic? It's what happened.
Speaker 2: They used to laugh and stuff like that, you know, shocked that you two are friends.
Speaker 1: No zero, no, I I yes, you're right, I would if it hurt your chest.
Speaker 5: Oh.
Speaker 3: I I fell down the stairs the other day. I hurt my ribs on Wednesday. Today's Friday. I fell down the stairs.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, today is Wednesday.
Speaker 3: No, it's oh. Oh, I'm sorry to everybody. What's going on? So last week I don't mean to divert you, but last week I thought of remember when Lucas's wife fell down the stairs bird and she called in and then we recorded it.
Speaker 1: We laughed at her, Yeah, we laughed. She went, honey, she used to call no, she used to call him daddy, so she was I fell down the stairs and we just started laughing hysterically, and she got so pissed and hung out.
Speaker 3: So I fell down the stairs last week, and why didn't you call me? And I tried to break the fall and I hit her rib and I thought it was broken, But it ends up in the end up being a bruise.
Speaker 1: How do you try to what do you like, would you stick your hand out? Like how do you break a fall? Well?
Speaker 3: I tried to grab on anything I could, but you hurt yourself work the chest first and I twisted over and I was in a fetal position all by myself. Celine Dion called, and.
Speaker 1: That's another thing that you may not know about us. And I try to do it with you every once in while, and you're like, what like if you say a song title myself, we'll say the artist, right, yeah, And I know that one and the only we decided that the only way to end the game is if the actually if you say it to the actual artist, like if he said that to Celine Dion And then he said, all right, Selene Dion, I wish she was there.
Speaker 3: Don't we think the game end?
Speaker 1: Oh? We ended it.
Speaker 3: I forget what artist Jackson? I think Janet Jackson. I think it was Janet. Was it again a big one? No? We said something like all for you.
Speaker 1: And then you and I just looked at each other one yeah, because I don't think we said all right Jana Jackson to Janet Jackson.
Speaker 3: It was a big one. I remember was a big artist and tend the game is over.
Speaker 1: You would think that we would, we would have a good recollection of exactly what it was.
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe we're lying. Maybe we're lying to ourselves. I don't know, all right, David Cassidy.
Speaker 1: Damn it all right? Ow what song is that from? Could we just explain really quick? Because Kuby just kind of busted in here. So Kubby started working at Z one hundred here in New York in nineteen ninety six, and he did knights and I came on after him. I worked on a show called Love right, So that's when we first met, Like it was probably like June ninety six, earlier April April ninety six.
Speaker 3: And I only did afternoons through the summer, and then.
Speaker 1: You were doing night I'm sorry you did nights.
Speaker 3: I did nights. Then they moved me to afternoons, right, And you did love Phones exactly. You were the guy behind the scenes for Love Phones, right.
Speaker 1: So I would produce Love Phones at Z one hundred, and I would sleep on that nasty, disgusting couch and secaucus.
Speaker 3: Oh the DNA on that Seriously.
Speaker 1: I covered that couch with fifteen T shirts thick, that's how disgusting that couch was it was in the jock lounge, so, you know whatever the DJs hung outugh and and so then I would sleep there and I would work the morning show the next morning, and that was that was my day. It was just miserable, but I was you know, nineteen twenty, right, it was good times. Yeah.
Speaker 3: And you used to drive from Long Island to secaucas.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was. It was. It was a mess.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And and look at look at look how good you've done. You've been You've been with the company since ninety five, ninety five, right, yeah, it's paid off. What did you think of me when you first met me?
Speaker 1: I just thought you were some hick from down south.
Speaker 3: It was this south, Yeah, well born and raised in Virginia be In then south, isn't it? Ye that it's pretty right on the They call it the edge of the of the South border or whatever, like you're south after Virginia Beach early.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's Mountain Dew country.
Speaker 3: But yeah, and then my radio career took me to Houston, and then Houston is when I met Tom Pullman and Sharon Dast and we came up here, huh in ninety six.
Speaker 1: I had no idea, Yeah, so then so Kubby was here for many many years. Then he went and did mornings that k to you down the hall. Now he does mornings that light a m down the hall. And he'll be here forever, which is great.
Speaker 3: I hope, I hope you never know. But do you remember the day Elvis started doing mornings? That was my first day at Z one hundred wow, April twenty. I know, technically you guys did an anniversary in May and that was a big debate. But his first day on the air, I believe was April twenty third or fourth of ninety six, and that was my first day at work. And I remember they had a margarita machine and I'm like, man, this is New York, baby, they're drinking at eight am.
Speaker 2: I like that, it's New York. But you were in Secaucus.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was hard to get past.
Speaker 1: Well, if you watch the documentary, it was he one hundred worse to first. The documentary that out right now, it showed those were the early days when we started in Secaucus. And that's it's very interesting too. I mean it was a circus even you know, when we were doing the morning show there smoking in the studio. We had turkeys running around like it was.
Speaker 3: It was on Thanksgiving Thanksgiving Thanksgiving week, I remember that. Yeah, we always had we Wednesday before Thanksgiving. You guys brought turkeys into the studio, those twenty of them.
Speaker 1: What they would do is you know those trucks that you see every once in a while that have those crates and those live birds in them.
Speaker 3: So they so I'm sorry, I just thought, crack me up.
Speaker 2: Sorry, I actually was thinking about it.
Speaker 3: I can't wait to hear it back.
Speaker 1: So they brought this guy came came up with a hand truck or whatever you call it, and had crates of turkeys and would put them right outside the studio and then they would just open the doors and the turkeys would just run all over the building, shooting everywhere. Yes, it smelled so disgusting. Yeah, and and and then of course the whole thing was is we were feeding turkeys to the turkey. I just looked at myself. So we were. We would get like turkey from the deli department, a couple of pounds of it, and we'd feed turkey to the turkeys.
Speaker 3: Do you know how that would not fly? Right now?
Speaker 1: No either today?
Speaker 3: Sorry that was good, but I mean you were talking about that on the radio, how you were doing that?
Speaker 1: That's right, people get pissed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they would get really mad right about now.
Speaker 1: There's so much stuff that we did then that you would be fired for and canceled. Now, Oh, holy hele and a ham basket a hundred Okay, I've just checked. Has he complained about this to you at all? I don't talk to Cubby much as it makes me sad.
Speaker 3: I know it does make me sad too, But I got to tell you now, I have two kids, so I know what Scotty was going through early on because your kids have all grown up and they're lovely, but they're.
Speaker 1: Not quite grown up. But yeah, well they're how old are they? Ten and fourteen?
Speaker 3: Okay? You're far removed from two your three months, right, which I have? And that's I'm so busy.
Speaker 1: Is that vomit on your shoulder? Is that like forming a mom spaghetti?
Speaker 3: Get the did you get that?
Speaker 2: I did? Eminem?
Speaker 3: Yeahine, anyway, I gotta go. I just came to say, Hi, what should I do with this badge situation?
Speaker 1: I don't know who was here?
Speaker 3: Does anybody work? I know, like we're all hybrid now, but is anybody here in the morning on Saturdays.
Speaker 1: Everyone is trying to stay home as much front desk person downstairs, they I don't know if I trust that.
Speaker 3: I talked to our chief if you're loud, and they won't accept it. They won't even take it. They don't want that.
Speaker 1: So it's somebody that needs to get back in the building. And they left their pass here.
Speaker 3: They filled in for my morning show co host today and they left. But they're on the air tomorrow at nine am. But we're not gonna have anybody live in studio if.
Speaker 1: There just needs to be somebody here that can go down.
Speaker 3: Anybody here. That's why I came down here, thinking, Oh, Scottie works out what time he's like a forty five?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I don't know the people down to the talk station over there. I think there's somebody here, Yeah, but they're ninety. I know they're weirdos. There are a bunch of weirdos. Oh my god, tell me they're so weird, all of them. They walk by her. Why am I whispering? They walk by the window, and I'm like, who are these people?
Speaker 2: Are they gonna be in the new studio by us? Yeah, we're all together, but like on the same floor. Still, yeah, everything is like all smitch together there.
Speaker 1: I'm sad fair. You know what. The thing I'm most nervous about is the bathroom because first of all, it's like we work with children here. I just went into the bathroom and there's shit all in the bowl like we just flush it. It does ha ha, Like I don't understand.
Speaker 3: I'm with you on that, you know. I know.
Speaker 1: Was he always poop shy too? By the way, I'm not poop shy. I just stopped.
Speaker 2: If someone went to start at nine I were nine fifty. I went to go get coffees. I came back, nothing was ready. So I went to the bathroom and I noticed that a stall door was closed, and I could tell he like curled his legs up.
Speaker 1: No, I didn't, nobody could see. Absolutely did not. I just stopped pushing because when somebody comes in, I have to I have to stop. And I also never leave when someone's in there. These are mine, by the way, that's fine, you can take all those are nice pens, do you.
Speaker 3: I know we don't have any homes. I still ot from here. Do you still poop at five o five? Every morning?
Speaker 1: Five oh one, okay, yeah, jeans blue exact Levi's please don't couby.
Speaker 3: Come on, man, this is my equestion silence. Plus, well, you did me a favor, though you isolate that one fart I had earlier.
Speaker 1: You have to ask him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I could do it for you, and this is like put on a loop. Yeah yeah, don't worry.
Speaker 3: Great, I got you. It's been an honor to be a part of this.
Speaker 1: I appreciate you stopping by.
Speaker 3: You Can I come by when I'm more prepared.
Speaker 1: Yeah? Absolutely, we'd like you to come by and eat cereal with us too. At some point I want to be a part of it. Are you like allergic to anything? Or toto or sugar? Diabetic you anything?
Speaker 3: Can you seriously take something home?
Speaker 1: What smells?
Speaker 3: It might be my breath because I have coffee breath. I'm sorry, it might be my breath. I do apologize. I felt bad for Andrew, Like what cereal? What do you want?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 3: I just something cool that maybe I would I tell.
Speaker 1: You what you take? Take the Cinnagram toast crunch. It's new, so good. We've only just took a bowl of it, that's it, and it's fresh and new Okay, take that, and you can take the box because we have another one up there, so you're welcome to take it. You'll love it. It's like a cross between cinnamon toast Crunch and Golden Grams.
Speaker 3: Now, do you what was the last time you bought cereal?
Speaker 1: Do you need to know? We buy I absolutely we buy cereal. I'm sorry, I absolutely I buy cereal.
Speaker 3: But these companies are loving your podcast.
Speaker 1: No they're not.
Speaker 3: They're not.
Speaker 1: The Only companies that love our podcast are Bakery on Main and Three Wishes, which are small cereal companies, but they do send us stuff.
Speaker 3: Are you making money on any of your podcasts?
Speaker 1: We do. We make a minimal amount of money, all right.
Speaker 3: See that's why I quit. I had one called The Pop Culture Show, and I remember that we weren't making any money and it was very well done and it was with two other people.
Speaker 2: And there's ways you can. You just have to monetize it, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well you have to be patient too, write like we did it for a year, nothing happened.
Speaker 1: We've been doing it for three years and not much has happened. It's getting better, but can you believe? Can you believe in all this time we don't have a sponsor, like not even a milk company, like fair Life is not like hey guys, use our milk every week, say fair Life and we'll give you free milk and like one hundred bucks an episode, Like not even that that's true, Like that's that's a great value for them.
Speaker 3: What about General Mills?
Speaker 1: They send us stuff every once in a while, like they sent us that box, So that's kind of cool. Every once in a while they'll send us something. But I buy pretty much all the cereal.
Speaker 3: Do you remember an Obisco when they send.
Speaker 1: It to Yes, our listeners do sensor.
Speaker 3: I mean, of course you remember Nabisco, But do you remember when they used to bring stuff to Caucus.
Speaker 1: Big boxes of stuff? Yeah, all the time. Absolutely, And then Mandoleis and we never heard from them again. Right Mandoli's bought them yep, yep. And that building is being torn down is it in Jersey? That's the building with doing something with it. But right now it's just says 'sco the nab Din line up. Maybe you can go do the thongs something.
Speaker 3: So I just saw a weird WR guy right, Oh no, don't say the letters they're gonna know.
Speaker 1: Oh sorry from WR listens. I bet somebody does. Well, if you listen, we're sorry well for that.
Speaker 3: Did you know before you were born? There was an H in their call letters. There was whl R. They are horror radio. I gotta go. We really do love WR.
Speaker 1: We're playing, aren't they one of the oldest, Like like, there are very few stations in America that only have three call letters that that stations only got three call letters before like nineteen forty something. Right, they just celebrated the one hundred year on they did. That's so crazy to me.
Speaker 3: I worked with one of the I worked at one of the three station call letters, wg H. That's Virginia Beach, which stands for World's Greatest Harbor because they're known for a navy town. So you got WGH, WGR, WGN, and w in Chicago.
Speaker 1: Oh, Chicago, okay, you have there's w MT and Cedar Rapids, Iowa.
Speaker 3: What's up now, WLS in Chicago? Right. I looked at a couple of weird call letters. There's there, there's a there's a W A D Dad, No, it's just a d D attention deficit disorder. They play songs for two seconds and they got done.
Speaker 1: You know, sometimes I wonder like if you if you write this, because you put all these funny things on Facebook like that, and some of them I'm like, I told you that or not what I told you?
Speaker 3: Some I steal, absolutely, but some I write myself. So you've got to figure out which one is me? Like did you, like, did you come up with that one? You probably did, so that one came I came up with. That's a radio thing, Yeah, yeah, because I was driving in Virginia, actually speaking in Virginia not too long ago, and there's a radio station and AM station and I saw their transmitter and this W s u X sucks.
Speaker 1: See that had to be they had to get those call letters a long time.
Speaker 3: A long time ago. But they are a Spanish station and they probably have you know, care but would you want your callers to be w s u X. And then there's a and then there's a W l O L. And if you think about that, you know how when they got that forty years ago, they didn't they didn't think of that. Now L O L is so commonly used. And there's a WTMJ for you people with you know, jaw issues, but.
Speaker 1: There's probably a lot, and there's probably a w FML too. I mean, I bet there's a lot of fuck my life radio, all these acronyms, you know, I'm sure there's a ton of them.
Speaker 3: There was a w G I Z for gs FM.
Speaker 1: And and I know Elvis always used to talk about one uh in Texas. I think it was k U M E or something like that. It was like, don't touch that dial, there's com on it.
Speaker 3: Seriously, I appreciate being a part of this.
Speaker 1: Paul Bryant, thank you for stopping by it. It's really really nice to see you. I don't pound, I don't do that. Give me your hand, all right, no COVID and go wash it over there.
Speaker 3: Put this down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just just drop it, drop the mic, take the headphones off. You're gonna get shocked, all right. Enjoy the sending a Graham toast. You welcome you to wave your hand over that thing or you can't get out. No, see you, buddy, Let's hang soon. I love you. Well that was nice. Yeah, and it took up half an hour. Now what well, oh, we'll be back right after this. And we're back.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: I don't remember what we were talking about before he busted in.
Speaker 2: We were playing cigarette commercials eighties things. That was a great interview.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm glad he stopped by. Hey, make sure that you put an E on this one, because sometimes you forget and there was a lot of cursing, and you know what.
Speaker 2: Can't just enjoy things in the moment. It has to be you can't say that off air. It has to be you forget things. What I mean, you forget things sometimes? Just remember?
Speaker 1: Please? Well, I mean you and I both need gingko baloba.
Speaker 2: Listen.
Speaker 1: I believe from jellyfish. Well that's what that's the commercial for prevagen. Yeah, yes, yes, derive from jellyfish. I don't That doesn't make me want to buy it. That makes me not want to buy it. Why would you say that in your commercial?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Maybe they think like jellyfish you think of I don't know what jellyfish.
Speaker 1: Jellyfish have great memories, if anything, you should say derived from elephants ornus.
Speaker 2: You know, octopus have good memories?
Speaker 3: Says who they do?
Speaker 1: How do they test.
Speaker 2: That octopus are so smart? Didn't you see My octopus teacher?
Speaker 1: Your what now?
Speaker 2: My octopus Teacher? It's on Netflix?
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: At first I thought it was.
Speaker 1: Like a Korean drama.
Speaker 2: But then I saw it with a documentary about like octopus and how smart they are. They can do like if you put them in a jar, they understand how yes, they can take the lid off and like sneak out seeing that.
Speaker 1: They're always great on the flintstones because they had so many arms. They like they had many jobs on the flintstones.
Speaker 2: Yeah, octopus are scary. They terrify me a little bit if I'm just being honest.
Speaker 1: Well they should because they can choke you to death and wrap themselves around you and kill you and then ink you.
Speaker 2: Well, they also have a special feature that also terrifies me.
Speaker 1: Do they have a penis?
Speaker 3: They do when.
Speaker 2: They're ready to mate, they shoot their arm off. It detaches.
Speaker 1: There was a song by There was a song called Detachable Penis. Do you remember that song?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Yeah, who was it? Primus? Maybe maybe look it up? Look it up? I bet it was. We used to use that as a phil song because we were talking about I did a show called Love Phones back in the day. Any of you that are I don't know over forty probably remember it. It was doctor Judy and Chris Jagger and like she was the sex therapist and He was like the come on banger guy. You know detachable penis? Is it a king missile?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: King missile? Right, detachable penis. Yeah, there's a lot of talking if it's just like, Oh, I met her one night and then I went out and I did this detachable penis. How far into the chorus but may half go halfway through.
Speaker 6: And the seventeen.
Speaker 1: I took it home, washed it off, yeah.
Speaker 2: And put it back off.
Speaker 1: I was happy again. Complete. You never heard that song.
Speaker 2: I have never in my life heard of such a song. The nineties are such a weird time to me.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry. Primus was Winona's Big Brown Beaver. That was Primus Also, it was so it was about Winona Ryder right right, yeah, South Park seems those songs are both on a compilation cassette mixtape that we gave away in nineteen ninety five.
Speaker 2: That's cracking me up. Yeah, it was a different time. And now while these little gen Z kids are like, yeah, we're red, we're cool. You're listening a little pump it doesn't count.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we had Winona's Big Brown Beaver.
Speaker 2: It's you're listening to people. Yeah, it's different. It's very different. Oh my God, go smoke your jewel someplace else, have a great night. Not to be that old guy now, but I'm yeah.
Speaker 1: Those were the days. Hey, can we talk about real quick discontinued products. We might have brought this up once before, but it seems like, you know, Amy and I, everything that we like it goes away, Like I don't understand. I feel like, how could we be the only people that are so passionate about these products that they just vanish. You know, I've talked about in the past, like menta dent toothpaste gone, you loved it, loved it, flip cap blistecks, there was this blue one. Oh yeah, yeah, that's gone.
Speaker 3: There.
Speaker 1: There's so many things that we use like my shower clean degree, aerosol deodorant gone. And the latest thing now is I would have a Cliff Tart cherry cashew butter bar every morning. It was called nut Butter that you love that one. It was the Cliff Nut butter Bar series.
Speaker 2: I wish Kubby were still He would have had a good joke on that.
Speaker 1: He would. And the one in the nut butter series that they got rid of was my favorite. It was tart cherry cashew. So it only recently got discontinued. So if you happen to see a cliff nut, butter bar, cashew tart cherry in a store near you, pick it up for me and I'll venmo you. That's so nice of you. Just please don't inject it with anything or like put a razor blade in it.
Speaker 2: I mean, what's that from? Come on, remember that's the Halloween candy every year.
Speaker 1: No, it was apples. They would put razor blades in apples. First of all, who the hell gives out apples on?
Speaker 2: How?
Speaker 1: Maybe the eighties apples were cool, I don't know, but there were people.
Speaker 2: Were cigarette mashing and throwing. It's a different time.
Speaker 1: They were putting straightedge razor blades inside of apples, so when a kid actually bit the apple, they would cut their mouth up. I mean, it wouldn't work on me.
Speaker 2: What did you notice that? Like the apple was open?
Speaker 1: I was gonna say it wouldn't work on me because I'm a produce snob, so I only eat perfect produce. I know there are some companies out there that they sell like.
Speaker 2: The waes Fits.
Speaker 1: They sell the wonky produce and it's cheaper or whatever, But it takes me five minutes to pick out an apple. Like when I and even when I do Instacart orders, I pick out produce as if it's for me. So if you get me as a shopper, you're getting some prime produce.
Speaker 2: If I went grocery shopping with you, you would take a hostage. I probably would, yes, because I am an in and out type of person. I don't like being in there. I stress out. I don't know what I should buy. Oh no, and I just I kind of flail around until I find things.
Speaker 1: That is my calm, happy place. When I go shopping for the family, I still go up and down every aisle. I like to see things. I like to look for new products. I like to look for the green shelf, discontinued tags. I love it. And when I go out of town, I love going to other supermarkets. You Glorida Publics, wind Dixie, so excited go out East Ralphs, I mean out West Ralphs in Midwest Harris Teeter, Pigley, Wiggly hy V love it. I love going to other supermarkets.
Speaker 2: Yeah no, that's like the last thing on my list that I enjoy doing.
Speaker 1: And oh my god, supermarkets in other countries my favorite thing to do. Like when we would go to Cancun, we would always take the bus to the end of the line and go to Walmart. That Walmart supermarket. What a mess, but so much fun, like fish laying out in the open. It smelled so disgusting and it was so unsanitary, but I loved it. M Yeah, there's lots of fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I like seeing all the products like in Spanish. M hmm, that's nice. Free. Now that you remove the tablecloth, you can hear like when I pound my hand a lot. Yeah, you can hear it. But now you're just doing it. But I know, but I'm mad, No, no, no, I guess I just do that a lot and don't realize it. But now there's no tablecloth. Like you had to remove the tablecloth because it was a little bit of milk spilled on it.
Speaker 2: And also crumbs. We didn't watch that thing for a solid You could wipe two I was wiping the crumbs. It was nasty and you ripped it off, like who I like the white table or whatever a magician. The white table is nice. This feels clean, but it's gonna actually cleaned it. Yesterday I sprayed some fantastic on here and you just hit your hand on the table again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know. Sorry, I'm gonna keep them folded in front of me. Yep, wow, so what else? I mean?
Speaker 2: We're forty five minutes in.
Speaker 1: No this this would be sure. People like the length again. Length reminded me. So you went into the first age kit to get me a finger splint because you broke my finger earlier.
Speaker 2: I broke your finger.
Speaker 1: Well, I was going to do like the ball tap on you, and I never would have actually done it.
Speaker 2: But you like my cat reflexes though.
Speaker 1: Right, you blocked my hand by lifting your legs. I bent my finger back in the wrong direct, and I I think it sound like this actually happened in the way you're explaining it. It did.
Speaker 2: You went to the balls at me right, I put my leg up right it you blocked it. Your hand hit my knee and that was it.
Speaker 1: But they were like my finger no all the way back because you were like I could barely move it. I was injured.
Speaker 2: You have no idea.
Speaker 1: You were lifting your leg as I was putting my finger there, so it lifted my finger backward again.
Speaker 2: It went like this.
Speaker 1: It hurt, That's all I can say. So I needed. I briefly needed a finger splint. So you went back to the first date.
Speaker 2: No one briefly needs a finger splint.
Speaker 1: And that's not a thing. And you came back with a box of finger condoms. And I don't understand what. First of all, I don't to me those would be used for like flipping through pages, so you don't get paper cuts. No, and they do. They make them. Staples has them, but they only go like on your finger tip. That is a full finger condom. And I don't understand what you put You get a cut and you put a condom on your finger.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's ays it could like protect it, But honestly, the way that you have to put them on was so uncomfortable that I don't if somebody was like, oh, I'm gonna put this on your finger, I'd say get that away from me, because now you're just putting a piece of latex over my raw skin.
Speaker 1: But by the way, you've soiled them now, so please you put them back in the container after you roll them onto your fingers. You can't do that.
Speaker 2: Chances of anyone actually using these things are slim into early.
Speaker 1: What if there's a finger accident here and somebody rushes back to another kit because remember ah, and someone rushes back to the first aid kit and has to roll it over their cut finger and they get some sort of illness because of you. Infection.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what infection?
Speaker 1: I don't know. You have something on your finger where it's it's on your finger, you can't see it. Look, you have an open cut there. You put it on there.
Speaker 2: Now I put it on these three.
Speaker 1: I don't know you have it. You have openings in your cuticles.
Speaker 2: Openings in my cuticle.
Speaker 1: Yes, things can come out, Okay, So anyway, I don't really know anybody that uses those or what they're I have a box of those in our medicine cabin in our house. I'm not sure what they're used for. I don't use them. Maybe Amy uses them if her nail is hurting or something. I don't know. I'll check this thing. Yeah, I mean first aid kits have lots of things. And then that you would never.
Speaker 2: Get even splints though there was zero splinge.
Speaker 1: Only somebody else must have had a broken finger here at some point from you have a broken finger. It was sprained. Don't even say it's spring I think it's sprained.
Speaker 2: You were the biggest hypochondract I've ever met in my entire life. A stomach ache is in his stomach ache. It's a stomach flu. A cough isn't a cough, it's a strep throat. A strep throat is in strap throat.
Speaker 1: It's uh sepsis, Yeah, it's I don't know.
Speaker 2: Someone like taps you in the eye. You got a cut, corny.
Speaker 1: Read what you're gonna read?
Speaker 2: Please, it's ideal secondary covering for cuts, burns, and blisters.
Speaker 1: Secondary so you're supposed to put a bandage on first.
Speaker 2: And then that someone actually bought these from Soho Pharmacy.
Speaker 1: I see that. That's weird. I'm sure Greg t bought them for something years ago and it's been sitting in the first ever since.
Speaker 2: Well, when I used to like really attack.
Speaker 1: My uh what are these called cuticles?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I used to really attack my cuticles your mouth, no, just like I would pick. Yeah, it was bad. I got over that.
Speaker 1: Do you remember when they used to make liquid bandage?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: They still do.
Speaker 1: My mom loves you. That's almost that's just like putting crazy on to cut it. I don't understand that. My mom, it were all about it. It works, but I don't really get just put his wrapid band aid around it.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you something. She puts that on. And then sometimes it's like if you get a cutch, like, do you want liquid bandage?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Because if I, like have to drive home, my hand's going to be stuck to the steering wheel.
Speaker 1: It's like you need a stitch. No, no, no, just liquid bandage. It'll it'll work, that'll seal that sort. I don't. I don't believe that band aid brand actually makes it anymore. I think there was an issue and they stopped making it. They may make a generic version of it, but I don't see it in the store anymore. Yeah, so I use crazy glue fingers blue purposes. I haven't. I haven't used crazy glue in a minute. It's I don't know.
Speaker 2: Are we talking about glue? We really got here.
Speaker 1: Used to sniff glue, didn't you. That was fourth grade kids used to do that and eat paste. Even though you say nobody did, no one.
Speaker 2: Really did that. I remember if anything, people no, people would huff permanent markers.
Speaker 1: That was a big one. Cooper likes the way Sharpie smell the silver ones. Oh, I'll go over, She'll like I'm like, Cooper, please don't do that. She likes the way gas smells. Oh, I love the way. I'll fill the car up with gas and she'll be out the window like a dog like.
Speaker 2: I love the way gas smells.
Speaker 1: I like it for a second. But if it gets on your clothes and doesn't go away, that's kind of like, ugh, gives me a headache?
Speaker 2: No, are you sure it's a headache? Have you looked into it?
Speaker 1: It's irritating. How about that? It's annoying.
Speaker 2: You should go talk to a doctor. But then the doctor's gonna be like, hey.
Speaker 1: Like, take off your sweatshirt. That's a lit'll say, what well, I could if I if gas splashes onto my sweatshirt, that smell.
Speaker 2: I was talking about your uh my gas headaches. Yeah, my gas headaches. Yeah, you're get oh god, now we're calling them gas headaches.
Speaker 1: I mean if if you're exposed to uh.
Speaker 2: You'll visit the one doctor who's like, well, it could be CO two emission phobia, and you'll be like, I have CO two emission phobia. Andy, don't you feel bad you made fun of me and I have this?
Speaker 1: A doctor told me, Okay, Andrew, that's fine.
Speaker 2: Because you know I'm right.
Speaker 1: It's like when you took I very rarely even go to the doctor.
Speaker 2: I go once my physical It was when you send me a picture from the hospital in a hospital bed.
Speaker 1: I do now, I do that to screw with your bed.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: I love it no better than this sixteen year old girl with a cast who's like, hey, hey, do you.
Speaker 1: See look look I broke my arm. I love guys. I love messing my hand. I love messing with broken. I love messing with you because I love your response. There's nothing that makes me happier Andrew as much as I don't know, we're friends. Okay, So I'll be sitting here doing my work in the morning, and Andrew will just like, off the top of go you. You don't even think that I can do that because I didn like he does me, and it just it makes me laugh hysterically. So I do things to get a rise out of you because I want to hear you do me, because I picked that it is hilarious and it makes me smile and it makes my day.
Speaker 2: I don't hear that.
Speaker 1: Anything that I can do to get a rise out of you, I do as much as humanly possible because it makes me smile.
Speaker 2: Well, it will be a great, amazing race team.
Speaker 1: You keep saying that. I just I don't think that that is the show for us. Just wait, you and I be better off on some game show right now, like the cube that they keep sending me. The Yeah, fine, I feel agree. It's finally dropped down two degrees. They're only five hours late, but whatever. It's funny like this building gets so hot in the morning and then when everybody leaves in the air comes on. Yeah, it's generally sixty eight degrees in this room, which is perfect for a radio studio.
Speaker 2: Or as you would say, it's sixty eight degrees in this room, Z one hundred. Everybody, it's sixty seven degrees. It's sixty six degrees. It's Z one hundred.
Speaker 1: But why do you make what I don't understand why you make fun of that.
Speaker 2: Again, it's just your announcer voice that you put with it. And honestly, Carla Marie, Yes, I said your full name, Jake Anthony. Anybody who's listened to that episode where I made fun of you, yeah, texted me and was like, oh my god, I'm dying. That's Scottie.
Speaker 1: I was dying too, because I think you're funny. I really do.
Speaker 2: But that's honestly how you sound. You don't talk like that like normally. You're very animated, dude, this and that, and then all of a sudden, it's like the minute you have to do weather or you have to go on, are you clear your throat? So it's a oh, yes, Elvis, how can I help you?
Speaker 1: That is not true that I will clear my throat because I don't want a froggy throat. But I don't put a radio voice on one. So so this voice right now that I'm speaking in is not the voice that I talk on the radio. That's that's a load.
Speaker 2: Of Hey everybody, Yeah, we know through the weather.
Speaker 1: It's it's gonna.
Speaker 2: Be a sunny day today. I have sixty eight. That is not true parts of the weather later on in the evening. Hope it doesn't rain here. It's one hundred.
Speaker 1: This is exactly how I do a weather report. You ready, and and and you'll be lying if if if you say that it's not okay, clouds today, maybe a little bit of rain around.
Speaker 7: That's your it's your radio at clouds today might see a few peaks of sun high sixty two getting down to forty one tonight, then tomorrow sunshine, beautiful day for your Saturday, and a high of fifty two right now, forty seven in the city at Z one hundred.
Speaker 1: So what's wrong with that? That's my voice, that's what that's It's not your So that doesn't that's not what I sound like right now. No, I don't understand.
Speaker 2: Again, just say it's like gonna be fifty six degrees.
Speaker 1: Oh, sonny, all right, might see a few showers today, it's gonna be cloudy. Maybe there'll be a little bit of sun this afternoon, and I think it'll be sixty two degrees and it's gonna get down to forty two tonight, and then tomorrow there'll probably be some sun and like sixty two degrees. Right now, it's forty seven right here in the city.
Speaker 2: Why are you even charge trying to be like I need to vamp it up. The weather should be sexy on Z one hundred.
Speaker 1: Listen, you are supposed to project your voice. You're supposed to smile. That's how I was taught. People can hear you smile, and I was taught that, and that's just that's just Radio one oh one, dude? And why is it one oh one? Like when this is a course? No? No, I wanted to like, where did that? What are you doing? What are you doing? What are you doing? I don't hate it? This should be Scott.
Speaker 7: It's time for another round of Scott.
Speaker 1: Why why isn't there one that says Scott is curious? That's all you? Okay, hey, other Scott Newman or Brody? It's Brody Brody. Why don't you make Newman made this one? Okay? I know he hates me too, So why don't you just why don't you just put what Scott is curious? Because that's Scott is curious? So why is it? Why is it one oh one? Like it's oh history one on one? Oh car driving one O one?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 1: What like? Is one o one the introductory introductory course in college? At least it is? So it's like, so if you're taking the first of something, it's one oh one. Yes, was it a room number at one point or something? I don't know, but like your intro courses are all one O one, so then one O two? Is it the one hundred?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, So it's like a hunt so you're general gen ed like classes that you need to take one in college or all one hundreds. So it's like if you're taking if you're going to be a history major, you have to take the hundred course first before you can move to the two three four one hundred courses.
Speaker 1: So it's one oh one, two oh one, three oh one. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean as you move on, you may take like two forty five because you're in a more advanced history class, and then after that for your major you might have to take like two three hundred level classes.
Speaker 1: There was a song like that something one oh one I think it was. I think it was also bowling for soup punk rock one oh one. Right, I don't know why. Okay, maybe I'm wrong on a tear today, maybe I'm wrong. I'm pretty sure that that was another bowling for Soup song and it was called punk rock one oh one? Am I right?
Speaker 2: Bowling for soup?
Speaker 1: I don't have to be right. I don't have to be right, but I think I am. No, you are, okay, we can't play it because it's a trick. We're not getting paid by fan duel. Well oh yeah, yeah, Well don't say it. You just said it. They wouldn't have known whatever, go a little further in. Yeah, that's it. Yes, it's a great song. He does not look like that anymore. That might he doesn't punk one on one. One day he'll come on the show, Jared. Oh my god, did he respond to you?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: I can't believe I. So we talked about this last week. Yeah, so the other the other guy, I don't even know what his name is. Do I even have the app on my phone anymore? And it's so funny that Cubby was here, damn it. I wish that that we talked about this while he was here. So I told you about the story when we were at Smith and Lensky's and they ruined our steak dinner. They even here anymore? I bought.
Speaker 2: You bought a cameo.
Speaker 1: I bought a cameo from the other guy from the big dude. Well, I mean they're all big now, But wait, can you where are your purchases? Find my purchases? Because I bought that him. That's that's the other guy. Look for Cubby.
Speaker 2: Let's send this to me and I could play this, Okay, share cameo.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Because I I he was the guy that I said you ruined our steak dinner?
Speaker 2: Is this me, Andrew A, I don't know.
Speaker 1: No, No, you're you're Andrew Andrew.
Speaker 2: I'm Andrew Andrew.
Speaker 1: Maybe you're not even in there. How come you're not in there? I forget it done? Oh you got it? So he was the one that I that I said you ruined. I wanted him to send Kuby your birthday message and say, oh, happy birthday. By the way, you was sorry that we ruined your stak dinner at Smith and Wilenskys.
Speaker 2: And what did he say?
Speaker 1: Let's forget he wasn't happy. It's like you ruined my career. Chris, it's Chris.
Speaker 6: From Bowling re Soup. Anyway, Scott wants me to tell you that the guys from BFS are sorry for ruining your steaks at Smith Delinskys and Vegas. And I can't speak for them. I can only speak for myself, and I'm not really sorry. That's us having a good time and uh it's Vegas. So if we ruined your steak dinner, that's.
Speaker 1: Not my fault.
Speaker 6: That is uh, probably you guys for inviting us there. So you guys need to You guys need to grow up. Kubby, you got a lot of growing up to do, My friend a lot, so cheers for you, and yeah, now you know not to invite his stakes.
Speaker 2: He's drinking jim bean.
Speaker 6: Because uh yeah, we get.
Speaker 1: The most straight out of the bottle, by.
Speaker 6: The way it tot we do. You guys have a good one.
Speaker 2: Wow, I paid for that. How much did you pay for him?
Speaker 1: Oh? He was like twelve dollars.
Speaker 2: We need to get if he's getting twelve dollars, we need to get on that.
Speaker 1: Seriously, he's apologizing, not apologizing for messing it up while getting drunk. He probably was drunk. It looks like Santa Claus. Now are you telling me that?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: Look, did you see my one from Todd Bridges for Kubby? I get them for Kubby every once in a while because I think, you know we twenty five dollars is how much he charged. He went up, Yeah, twenty dollars if you want him for business engage video engaging video content for your company customers or employees.
Speaker 2: One seventy five.
Speaker 1: See Todd Bridges wanted Coby to come hang out at the bike shop. That's so nice. Oh oh no. From the Strokes episode of Willis.
Speaker 2: Yikes, eggs sexy yike.
Speaker 1: Anyway, he said that, Yeah, yeah, play this one too real quick. This one's funny. The only person I got was Nicky Blonski. Send that one to you. That one was great.
Speaker 2: I'm Nicky Blonzi from the movie Hairspray. She starts off every single cameo with that. And then of course Kubby got me Seven Mary three. He got me John Baker, Larry Wilcox. Again. These people, it's like they found a whole second career that they could do now just by being on cameo.
Speaker 1: But I'm wondering how many people actually buy them.
Speaker 2: You know again, if you're making seventy percent of that, he's making seventy five percent of twenty five, I don't know what that is.
Speaker 1: So you and I could do it for twelve dollars, we would split it less than Work Going twenty twenty Yeah, twenty as the serial Killers. Yeah, okay, let's see, God is it all.
Speaker 4: Happy birthday to my buddy Covey and you know, I know you're a big fan of Different Strokes, and I like to wish you a happy happy birthday and congratulations on your baby Naomi.
Speaker 3: That's amazing, man.
Speaker 4: And once't you coming down to the bike shop and watch cartoons with me and Dudley right birthday?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 1: You remember that episode?
Speaker 2: I've heard of that episode.
Speaker 1: Yes, Gordon jump he was the bike store owner and Dudley came out with no shirt on. I yep, I was watching cartoons. Yep. He doesn't feel so good?
Speaker 2: You remember that we got to end this episode?
Speaker 1: We do?
Speaker 2: Yes, Okay, it's an hour and nobody wants to listen to us for an hour.
Speaker 1: That was very loud, by the way, I apologize if your ears blew out right, it was way up. Well you should have played with the level. I didn't touch it. Well you should have Okay, I mean you know how to work the board. Anyway, thank you for listening to this episode of Bowl Chat. If you want to hear cereal talk, make sure you're here Monday for serial Killers. We will try three. Uh let's see when is this running bomb bomp? I think we're gonna try three bagged cereals on Monday.
Speaker 2: Exciting?
Speaker 1: Are you interested?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, until we see you then have a wonderful, wonderful weekend and let me go get our ball. Andrew.
Speaker 2: Okay, oh you almost knocked your coffee over it's empty.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much to our friend Paul Kubbe Bryant for stopping by. Follow that was so much fun Instagram or wherever. He's a fun guy. And please follow us at serial Killers PC on all social platforms and the website is serial killerspc dot com for all serial things.
Speaker 2: I honestly can't believe we did an hour.
Speaker 1: I can never believe how long that we go because we just do nothing. It's fun now people like nothing. Yeah, so all right, until we see you next week, say clink, Andrew, Colleen.
Speaker 2: We should have played three commercials, didn't we? No, we did two.
Speaker 1: We did two, well, and that's okay.
Speaker 2: We should have done another one in the forty minute mark.
Speaker 1: Well there's another one right now.
Speaker 4: No,